Actions

Work Header

Stars Afar

Chapter 6: Joshua (1520 Words)

Chapter Text

"{GOD}, Watson? {GOD} is love, I don't love you."

A wall of endothermic and photoabsorptive flames ignites from the whistling wind.

Watson Amelia: "[The Devil]! God had sent you hasn't he? Go and tell him that my betrayal was justified and that I will not back down!"

[Diavolo]: "I'm impressed, apostate jew, you managed to unite all of heaven and hell against yourself. Why?"

Watson Amelia: "If god's plan included genocide then it would be much better if there was no plan at all."

[The Whisperer]: "Are you referring to the persecutions? If so, which one? Hadrian? Christians? Muslims? Rhineland? Granada? Baghdad? Poland?"

Amelia Watson: "The Shoah, but also, all of that and beyond."

[The Slanderer]: "A Holocaust survivor who seeks to change history and destroy {GOD}'s plan as retribution, how quaint."

Amelia Watson: "How could a person be expected to worship a deity that refuses to act when their own believers are persecuted?! God has done nothing for me! I rejected my faith a long time ago, now get out of my head, [Sadist]!"

Light floods the room again.

Watson gazes at her trusty pistol before sprinting out.

Three physicians are waiting for her around the corridor, asking all kinds of questions.

But Watson doesn't care, she simply loads and cocks her Jericho as she descends into the darkness.

(Outside)

A legionaire hyperventilates while running to the collapsed corpse of a tower.

From behind, a shadow distinguished itself by slitting his throat before another slashes his knees.

They make their way back into hiding.

Then again, on a balcony: 

Two guards stand watch before two cultists grab them by the neck and threw them off the heights.

Finally:

Meili Portoute has a herd of Aegyptosaurus go into rampage by summoning a pack of mabeasts to scare them off, causing the riders lose control before falling off and being squished to death.

These mabeasts resembles pack of giant wolves that foams at the mouth, carrying rabies.

"The leftovers are all yours."

At the flick of her wrist, she sends them off to harvest the remaining corpses before turning her gaze over to the library.

(At the other side of the great library)

Elsa Granhiert is found with several other cultists that are storming the halls of the library, behind them are a trail of guardians and splattered red stains.

Little did they know, Odin and Freyja are tailing them from behind.

At an intersection, Elsa's group chooses the left side while the two (Nephilim) chose the right.

On the right, Reinhard Van Astrea and Crusch Karsten lies in wait as a wounded soldier lies bandaged and weeping in the background.

Reinhard has his finger on his lips, seeing this, Karsten seethingly nods.

The earth quakes as the walls break apart as a giant muscular arm bursts through the wall to wrap around Reinhard's neck.

"Reinhard!"

Crusch screams as Freyja drags Reinhard through the dust.

As Karsten leaps with her sword in hand, ready to charge with uncompromising swiftness, a sleeping dart hits her neck on its left side.

It was Odin with an air pistol, at once he reattaches his cane and seek to knock Karsten out.

Karsten swings and fails to land a single shot on Odin as he knocks her through the same wall where Reinhard left.

Reinhard wakes to see Crusch falls unconscious into his arms while Odin and Freyja's in front of them.

Reinhard is amazed as Freyja's height increases from an already large muscle bounded mass of 6ft 4in (1.9m) to an absolutely monolithic 14ft (4.2m) Valkyrie.

If Amelia Watson was here, she would describe Freyja to the modern day reader by comparing the goddess of Norse mythology to a female version of Shaquille O'Neal. But the truth is: Shaq is only seven feet while Freyja (as she currently stands) is double that height.

"We do not wish to harm you."

Odin spoke before Freyja finishes:

"Tell us where Watson is and we'll be on our way."

Reinhard: "Never! Witch cultists!"

"We are not wi-"

Freyja rages before being interrupted by a loud bang followed with screams, it reaches from far like a courier for the apocalypse.

Another deafening pop goes, again and again, resembling war drums.

"Amelia Watson!"

The two has their attention displaced by barrages of gun fires.

Immediately, right as Odin and Freyja are distracted, Reinhard jumps up and draws his sword, generating a bright flash of Helios' might.

"I've got you now."

The light dissipates and Reinhard's face turns pale and sickly as he catches a vision of Odin blocking his mighty strike with nothing but his pinkie.

"W-what!?"

Reinhard's psyche shatters as he falls into the earth.

Odin: "Such a nice weapon you carry, it could even destroy a star. Average at best, I've killed more powerful dwarfs before."

Freyja: "Really?! Astronomy puns!?"

She grabs Odin's collar and violently shakes him as they both run away, leaving Reinhard in a perpetual shock.

(Over on the left side)

A group of murderers carefully struts through the many cavernous reaches of the library.

Behind a corner, Amelia Watson awaits, holding her Jericho, peaking over the leaking flashes of light.

Her elbows are bent, the pistol holds close to her heart as she maneuvers down the tight and narrow space.

When two cultists approach her spot, she leaps out, shooting two 9mm for each of their heads before reloading.

"No bullets left."

She quietly whispers before looting their bodies for throwing knives.

Behind her are the three physicians, so cowardly they step that a frequency can be easily assigned to their endless shakings.

Pekora (softly): "W-watson... Is that all?"

Watson looks up and points with her index:

"See that? I want you to jump up there and wait for my command."

Pekora: "What!? are you insane?"

"Just do it."

Watson then turns to Korone, whose squeaky puppy like eyes shrinks as she back away in respond.

"When I say, you have to rush in and bite his hand."

(Watson points to the incoming band of cultists)

Korone shakes, wiggling her head.

"I need you to stop one of them from drawing his knife so I could take the others down."

Finally, Watson turns to Miko, tired and shivering.

"Go to the vault and get me something labelled RPG."

Five cultists arrived and Watson orders them both to commence.

Like a mad dog, Korone rushed out and bite one of them on the hand, ripping red splashes straight from the cultist's hand.

The others panic, giving not even a chance to react, Pekora dropkicks one of them on her way down.

A flurry of knives are thrown from Watson's coat, plunging deep into their necks, shoulders and thigh.

These rest of the unlucky bunch backs away as Watson cuts her knives through their bodies.

She comes first to grab the knife embedded on a cultist's neck before pulling and ripping his veins apart, almost decapitating him.

She then throws the same knife onto a cultist's feet before stomping on it as if hammering a nail, Watson has the cultist bleeding and crying before turning around to block another blow.

For this one, she grabs on the knife in his thigh and raised it up, cutting from his leg all the way through his bowels.

The last cult member still standing still has Korone chomping on his hand.

He cries while falling down, with palms clasped and prayers flowing from his lips.

Watson instead stabs him in the left eye before ripping it through his right also.

Pekora: "Watson! Have mercy!"

"I'm not as merciful as Joshua."

Watson says as a devious shadow sneaks behind her to brandish its cuspidate blade.

Clash! A great clang is heard when Elsa Granhiert's cutter is perfectly blocked by Watson's knife.

Korone jumps at Pekora, dragging her away while calling for Miko to arrive quick.

Again and again Elsa leaps at Watson intending to cut her bowels, again and again she fails.

Elsa keeps her distance as she jumps from wall to wall, door to door, always searching for a weakness in Watson's defense.

"I've got you!"

Elsa's thought spans as she reaches out one final time.

Watson slashes a great red line across Elsa's bowels.

"You bastards remind me of Canaanites, so pathetic and vile, I hope the trumpets sounds for you."

Amelia Watson emerges as Elsa lies in a puddle of her own innards with tired eyes that toiled away to decrepit sleep.

"How? Who are you?"

Watson kneels before her, speaking:

"I'm a parasite inside of a parasite, the chief of Mossad, a beautiful flea hidden among the theists, born to destroy theocracy and establish secular rule."

Odin & Freyja: "Watson!"

Watson: "Oh, there you are again, self proclaimed angels of the lord."

Covered in blood, she rises and reveals her pocket watch as the wind trembles.

"Krishna! Help us!"

The two (Nephilim) called upon the jinn as Watson activates her watch, stopping time entirely.

"{DIO}!!! Can you hear me!? My lord? The World is mine!"

Watson boasts as everything is stopped.

"He heard you, now hand over that watch and redeem thyself."

Krishna stands behind her.