Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Lady Owl's Marvel Library
Stats:
Published:
2021-06-16
Updated:
2022-04-17
Words:
11,377
Chapters:
10/?
Comments:
60
Kudos:
959
Bookmarks:
258
Hits:
24,576

the Man of Iron and the Death Mage

Summary:

In a world where Tony Stark and Harry Potter met as children, more chaos than usual ensues. Harry is completely ignoring the British Wizarding World and it may or may not cause him a minor inconvenience. I'm just trying to keep Tony Stark safe, but I'm still hurting him.

 

*NOTE:
I'm not a writer, merely bored. English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for any language mistakes.

 

****I do not own Harry Potter or the Avengers, nor will I ever claim to. That honor goes to J. K. Rowling and Marvel.

Notes:

The most pointless story I have ever written.
Or the least depressing story I have ever written.

And probably one of the few I might pursue.

 

**I'm not a writer, merely bored. English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for any language mistakes.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Tony meets Harry. And Harry meets Tony.

Summary:

This is just a little bit of background information, kinda.

 

Where it all started.
and
Tony meets Harry. And Harry meets Tony. (wut)

Notes:

Sooo, this was the 1st story i did actual planning for. (i even wrote a few chapters!)
Then i got a new idea.
so. I changed the WHOLE plot.

I'm sorry if my characters seem a little (a lot) flat.
I'm really bad at character building, but i think the moment i've 'established' my plot it'll get better.
(when we get to the meat of the story)
Hopefully.

But enjoy.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It all started when Dudley Dursley broke his 3rd computer (really) and proceeded to then throw a tantrum and blame it on his cousin. The young pig's father then punished his too small cousin and then told the 5-year old boy to 'FIX IT, BOY!' and walked away, laughing. After all, how could a 5-year old boy, as stupid and freakish as the boy, fix a computer? 
And that is how our young savior (not that he knows that tidbit of information) found himself in the dimly-lit interior of his cupboard trying to wrap his fatigued mind around the workings of a computer.


Harry Potter is smart, he knows that. It's how he knew not to call his aunt Petunia 'mum', it's how he understood to 'not ask questions BOY!', so Harry Potter understood that his uncle didn't expect him to actually know how to fix the computer. His uncle wouldn't be expecting it back. Finally, something that would be his.
It takes the boy a few weeks to fix it, but months to get it switched on. It's a computer, it needed a power source. So, little Harry did job's in the neighborhood to save money for his mission. 
After everything was running smoothly he explored its capabilities. That's how Harry found himself in a private chatroom with user @the_mechanic.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Anthony Edward Stark, the son of a billionaire, Howard Stark, was bored. He had built his first circuit board, and NOW he's bored. That's how the 5-year old decided to create a new chatroom and invite the first random person that he sees. That's how Tony found himself inviting @computerfreak to the chatroom.

 

...

 

Tony was ten and going to visit his aunt Peggy, who lived in London. After arriving in London Tony explained to his aunt Peggy the situation, and she agreed to take Tony to Surrey and meet his friend.


This caused a fair amount of anxiety in one Harry Potter. Harry tells Tony everything, yes, but he has never told Tony anything about the abuse he endures at home. Both Harry and Tony steered clear of the topic that is their home life.

 Harry knows that Tony suspects. 


And Tony does. Tony knows, smart as he is, that both he and Harry are equally smart. Tony asked Harry why he doesn't skip a few grades as he himself did. Harry always says that he just doesn't want to.

Tony doesn't believe him, Harry knows as much.

But unknown to Harry, Tony told his aunt about what he suspects. If anyone will notice abuse, it's his aunt Peggy.

She was, after all, in the army and good at reading others.


Harry told Tony to meet him at Surrey mall. That he would walk there and that it isn't too far from his home. And 'no Tony, my relatives are busy and uncle Vernon's job is in the opposite direction.' Tony looked it up. It was true. So Harry dressed in his smallest shirt and his only slightly frayed pants which wasn't a hard task. He only had 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. He puts on 2 pairs of his thickest socks so that Dudley's battered trainers would fit him slightly better.

All his clothes are Dudley's old ones, and Dudley was about 4 times Harry's size.


It was midday and Harry was due to meet Tony in ten minutes. Well actually, Harry was supposed to be weeding aunt Petunia's garden.

But Harry was currently running down the streets of Surrey.

 
When Tony first saw the boy who he knew was Harry he was immediately suspicious. He watches the too-small boy come closer through narrowed eyes. He and Penny shared a look.

...

Nerves were overwhelming Harry.

He saw the look they exchanged…

Harry was immediately suspicious.

 why is there always an ulterior motive?

 

Harry sat down in the only unoccupied chair at a café called: ‘Mug & Bean’.

Harry can’t help the excitement (but also wariness) that bubbled within him.

He had never been to any restaurant before.

 

The meeting went surprisingly well.

There were a few moments of awkward, strained silence.

Until Tony broke it.

Tony rambled and rambled.

Harry had to remind himself to blink his eyes and close his mouth.

So yes, Harry would say that their 1st meeting went pleasantly.

 

 

Tony, on the other hand, was livid.

How dare those whales hurt and starve his best friend?! Why do they treat someone as great as Harry like a slave?

Of course, Harry hadn’t said anything.

But, if you need the reminder, Tony Stark isn’t stupid.

He can see the tell-tale signs of abuse in his best (only) friend’s movements and reactions.

Yeah, rage like he has never experienced before, overwhelmed him.

Tony was going to have a talk with his Aunt Peggy.

 

 

Notes:

...