Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-05-30
Updated:
2021-08-04
Words:
51,042
Chapters:
20/?
Comments:
177
Kudos:
723
Bookmarks:
159
Hits:
21,813

Miraculously Divided

Summary:

Marinette has one of the most rare soulmate bonds, one so rare it comes from an ancient bloodline. This is notified to her till she is ten years old while she is drowning in the hate of her family and friends. She has to escape from the darkness that threatens to consume her before it is too late. Will she trust the right people or will she drown in her journey?

Notes:

Hello, this is my first Daminette long-fiction. Is that how it's called? I have been building this and editing and editing, I will be updating once or twice a week depending how ahead I am in the chapter already written.

If you don't like it, then don't read it. No need to be rude. I accept corrections in grammar because this is not my first language.

Please comment and leave reviews. It encourages a lot of writers.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter I: Nâinai

Chapter Text

 

"In order to heal you have to stay away from what broke you"

 

Marinette Qingling Dupain Cheng, she never had been rich or famous, never had conexions, so she knew she had to work from the bottom to reach her goal. She always had the end of the stairs in mind, but also climbed one step at a time. She knew that slowly but surely she would become one of the most famous designers.

At least that’s what she thought, but suddenly she had conexions. Of course she had gained some on her own, like the trust of Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale, Audrey (Style Queen) Bourgeois and Thomas Austruc. But that wasn’t what the bluenette was talking about.

The chinese- french had always been… a little short in the family apartment. She had her parents, who were a pair of workaholic soulmates, her gradmère from her paternal side who only saw occasionally on her birthday, until a year ago she met her grandpère, but he still saw her a little uncomfortable because of his traditionalism. Now her Shūshu (uncle) had recently found his sister, and because Marinette knew cantonese not mandarin it was a little difficult to get to know him. 

So that was it, no yéyé (grandfather) o nâinai (grandmother), no cousins, no more aunts or uncles. She just assumed they were dead or didn’t exist. Until it wasn’t the case. Until she started to win a lot of contests. Just as she had been awarded for her seventh time, there was a knock on the door. She left what she was doing, and her short legs for someone that was ten years set course to her stool and picked it up so she could see through the peephole. 

A woman in her late thirties was there, with chinese heritage. She thought for a moment before talking in cantonese. The answer came back immediately, she was asking for her mother and she told her to wait till get permission to open the door. She called the bakery from the house. She no longer had a phone, courtesy of the lies of an italian girl.

“Patissiere Dupain-Cheng, how can I help you?” her mothers voice made her dance in her spot unconsciously.

“Maman-” she was interrupted before she could continue.

“Marinette, this better be important, we are very occupied and you know it” she bit her lip.

“There’s someone at the house’s door, they are asking for you and-” she was interrupted again.

“Tell them to wait! We are working on a big commission” the last thing she heard was the beep from the phone. She had hang. 

She sighed and gulped the nod in her throat. She touched her earrings and looked at Tikki, who gave her a sympathetic gaze. It didn’t make her feel better. She relaxed her shoulders and closed her eyes. Inhaling positivity and exhaling all the negative feelings.

The little girl rearranged the position of the stool and opened the door. Then she analyzed the woman, her black hair was thick and bright, with blue lights, and it was up in a traditional stick that Marinette knew to be gold. It had extremely good craftsmanship. She looked at her qipao, a white silk that fell graciously, and though it had traditional yellow lilies embroidery, it also had a modern sense to it. 

Marinette knew that some people in her mothers culture liked to be traditionally dressed for important first impressions, meetings, events and other various things they considered of relevance.  

“Hello” She was still speaking in cantonese, so she made a traditional courtesy that made the woman smile. She had hazel brown eyes and even if it appeared she had no make up, do not let her fool, she had. The only thing one would normally notice was the red tint that contrasted with her whithe teeth and pale skin. 

“I apologize, my parents are busy at the moment. I will be greeting you in their stead” She knew what answer she was getting. After all, it was basic manners her mother had taught her.

“Nonsense, I came unannounced. I apologize for my rudeness” The woman smiled and Marinette took a step aside for her to enter. With cold eyes the woman analyzed the house. 

“I will bring tea in a moment” Tea etiquette was one of the most important things in her culture, and it demonstrated if a guest was really welcomed or not.

“Oh, don’t bother Qingling” She took note that she knew her second name, and observed Tikki smirking at her. She had to insist three times as was customary. And at the third time she finally agreed.

“Thank you for your generosity” The little girl did not know the reason why her mother knew how to make ceremonial tea. But she had taught her daughter about it and she never gave it a lot of thought. 

It was summer, so a green tea was more suitable for the hot weather. If she served her white tea it could be taken as an insult because of its history. So she prepared everything, she couldn’t bring some sweets because it would bring out the bitterness of the tea. If she stayed more time she would prepare fried chicken with an orange sauce while brewing jasmine tea.

“You are very well mannered” the heroine looked at the woman, rather than a compliment she was testing her.

“It’s all thanks to my mother. She taught me well” It was common knowledge to give credit to another person when someone complimented you.

“Do you know who I am?” She said before taking the pottery and drinking in silence. 

“Forgive me for my rudeness. '' The woman smiled in melancholy at her answer. She stared a moment at the tea, like remembering something.

“My name is Wei Jing Mao. I am your Nâinai”  Marinette quickly made another courtesy.

“I greet my Nâinai” the woman had a sad tinge in her eyes while the blueyed sat again.

“You are a good child.  A very good child”. Wei Jing nodded as if reassuring herself. “I know a lot about you, Qingling. And while I had the more prestigious investigators at my disposal, I would like to know from your words” The bluenette was nervous at that, but knew better than to lie. If you could ignore that she was terrible at it, the aura she had was ancient and honest. She could almost laugh at the meaning her embroidery had, almost like it was made just for her soul.

So the little girl told her everything she could remember, from when she was one year old, to the first time she saw a runaway, how she met Chloe Bourgeois and even more, till she arrived at all the lies the italian diplomatic had made up and how she had isolate her from even her parents. Of course, she left being Ladybug aside.

“Do you think if given the chance you could prove all the things everyone has done to you?” She nodded.

“What is the most impossible thing you can imagine that could help you the most effectively to reach your dream?” Marinette took a moment to think.

“Arcane Noetic Academy” She answered confidently.

“Do you believe that you have what it takes to be admitted?” She nodded with confidence.

“Yes” They looked at the eyes with strong resolution, not one backing from the other as bluebell met hazel brown. Five minutes became ten and ten became twenty.

“Then I will begin with the papers. Your mother escaped our home at the age of twenty, contrary to what she believes we weren’t angry or ashamed of her.  She was the product of a non soulmate relationship between your yéyé and his girlfriend at the time. While the mother wanted nothing to do with her I always loved her like she was my own, like her two youngest brothers. You will be officially known as Marinette Qingling Mao in a year or so. I want to do this discreetly and without your parents knowing. To verify my identity I have here photos with your mother, her University diploma, her birthday certificate and even newspapers where we both appear with your yéyé” Marinette arched an eyebrow, at this point it didn’t matter if someone took her from her parents, but she had her suspicions.

“Why would you do this? Yes, we are related in blood, but we have no relationship” She will have to be stupid to at least not look wary. She could read her aura and knew she was a good person, contrary to what Marinette wanted to believe, almost every aura that she was close to, it had bad intentions or some sort of block that couldn’t let it stay true to who it was.

“Our blood has a special and ancient soulmate bond. It, of course, started with the side of your yéyé family. Your tattoo, the wings that you carry are a blessing and also a curse. We literally are children of fate, we are loved by destiny, but this puts us on a spot where we attract evil. The light is always searched for everyone, not many have good intentions. Your mother was a strange case, she didn’t inherit the soulbond and I suspect she has resentment towards you because of it” Marinette bit her lip.

“You too have wings? The same as me?” The girl was relieved, her mother looked at her tattooed soulbond like they were an abomination and she had to change herself from a young age because of that too. 

“In our family, it is common to have tattooed wings, but not everyone has the same. I have Quail wings. It often means and defines what you are in life. I am telling you this, but showing others is too personal. And I won’t ask you to show me yours” Marinette put a hand on her shoulder, most likely touching hers.

“Just because of my soulbond? As easy as that? Why if I don't have them?” Her Nâinai smiled sadly.

“You are my Sūnnǚ. My one and only granddaughter. I would have loved to be there with you. When you were born, when you took your first steps. But I was not, and I am not going to lose one moment, one memory more. Wings or not wings.” Her resolution was magnificent. “Will you let me be there for you?” Marinette had tears accumulating in her eyes.

“I would love to” Her Nâinai stood and hugged her.

“You were a surprise, but you are a welcome one” The little girl sobbed at that. How long has somebody since held her like this? How long since somebody just loved her?

“It will not be an easy process, and maybe you will feel pressure. But, it matters nor for us anything you do. We just wish you to be where you are happy, wish that you do what makes you happy. Everything we want is for you to be happy” It has long since sinked in her head that whichever family she will belong to. It was one with power, wealth and prestige. “But you already suspected that, didn't you?” She giggled at that. 

“It’s easier to pretend that I’m oblivious. That I am an average girl who does not comprehend many things but has a big heart. Well… I thought it was like that, but now I see that maybe I was too kind hearted.  I cared too much for them”

“And that’s okay. Caring for someone is not a sin, but permitting them taking advantage of you is. Forgive them, not for them but for your peace. Let them go and make them just a distant memory” They finished the hug, but she was still in her arms.

“What will be my role as a member of the Mao family?” Her grandmother grinned at her.

“First of all, you have to contact him. He owes me a lot of favors, just tell him who sent you and give him your new name. He is actually expecting you”



Sherlock Holmes 

Private investigator

***-****-****




Chapter 2: Miraculously Divided: Chapter 2: "Plans"

Summary:

Marinette waits for the private detective to return her call. Meanwhile she makes some drastic changes in her life. Ceasing her past self is just the begging of a long term plan.

Notes:

Here goes the second chapter. I hope you enjoy it!!! It was a pleasure writing it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want" -Ken Poirot

 

Marinette contacted Sherlock as soon as she could after her Nâinai left. Meaning she waited until finishing dinner and all the rest of her homework, even the big projects that she knew Mme. Bustier will give (being class president and ‘role model student’ had its perks). And even after her parents arrived at their home, the dinner was delicious, but she didn’t enjoy it as much because they acted like she wasn’t there, having their own cozy chat. 

After cleaning everything and tidying up the first floor, she went to her room in the attic and took out the hidden cell phone her Nâinai gave her. It was the last model, but it wasn't difficult to understand. She tipped the digits and waited until voicemail to leave a message in cantonese. The receptor will understand it and call her back, she told the bluenette so. 

Her parents did ask briefly about the visitor they had in the afternoon, but she told them that they had mistaken the address. Her mother looked at her with suspicion, but she told her that they had asked for her mother, and didn’t think much about it when she called her. 

After changing pajamas, she began a list of things she had to change to be her true self. The half chinese had acted like a bubbly girl because when she was very young, an infant to that, she was too mature and intelligent. Everyone said she was a strange girl and her mother looked even more resentful. 

 

  • No more being late, you have to be up at five in the morning.
  • Adieu to having just pink, white and black in the wardrobe. A fashion designer works with all the colors.
  • Redesigning of her room.
  • Learn five more languages from five different families.
  • Join more or create new clubs: Baking, Fashion, Acting, Writing, Languages, Jiu jitsu, Gymnastics, Social Service and Fencing.
  • Make new friends outside of my classroom. 
  • Create a general position when I achieve being president of all the clubs, a general president management of clubs for the student council. 
  • Stay as class president tricking my classmates and Lyla.
  • Stay out of the way of Chloe Bourgeois, if approached by her make an alliance and prepare her to the new role of president.

 

Just with that the girl thought it would be enough for now. So she looked around at all the things that her grandma had given her. There was an ancient set of jewelry that she hid for precaution. Next there were all the rolls of fabric in various colors and materials that were pilled. It was a good thing she already had a lot of old and cheap rolls that could hide those.

She started with her outfit for tomorrow, she didn’t want anymore time waste and a possibility to back out from their plans. She would have to make something that is comfortable and chick, since she will be all over the school getting ready for the plans. She took a cotton fabric and felt it and analyzed it. It had a long stelth, felt super soft and fresh, meaning it was cotton and steel. The shade was a nice soft lily, she began to sketch with the fabric in mind and soon she decided for some pants with a long coat. 

She stayed up till two in the morning and only this one time she will sleep till seven in the morning, long enough for her to rest and still be able to wake up on time for a shower with the new products her Nâinai buy her, doing a natural makeup with only mascara and a pink ink lipstick. A good breakfast and heading calmly to the school. 

When she reached the principal's office, she knocked calmly and waited. SHe knew he was there, with all the ‘superhero’ work he had he stayed almost every night in his office. Soon after the noises of a person moving things around and jumping ceased and a “Come in” was said.

“Good morning M. Damocles. I was here to discuss something about opening some clubs and joining some others. I wanted to focus my spare time on something productive, my therapist recommended it and I think it will keep my mind off of some other thing, if you know what I mean” She hinted to the Lyla problem and soon he had stars in his eyes.

“I’m glad you are moving on! It will be my pleasure to enroll you into the clubs personally. Now, let’s talk about these new clubs you want to start. I imagine you already have the paperwork done? You should remember that you have to have an adult supervising these projects” Marinette abstained herself from rolling her eyes, he was leaving her all the work again, good thing she already expected this. 

“Of course, here it is. I already enlisted the teachers I will require to each club. As for the other clubs I am joining, here are the forms filled and I am ready to take the tests for beginners.” She said beginners, but she was going to make sure she exceeded even the best prodigee. He nodded as he read all the paperwork.

“Très bien! Everything is in order, but are you sure you want to take so many? You even will have to lose a break of the two you have. I don’t want you to drop your excellent grades or get overwhelmed with your president's work” He said as serious as that adult could be.

“Oh don’t worry, my therapist said it will be for the best and I’m sure you will find it that way too.” He just shrugged and firm the papers.

“If you say so.” He didn’t even say goodbye when he shoved her through the door. “Now, I have a lot of work to catch up on.” The winged tattooed girl did roll her eyes this time.

She checked the time and saw that she still had an hour till school started, but it was right on time for her to go to the jiu jitsu club and let them analyze her level. That club practiced three days a week an hour before classes and had a ten minute excuse for being late. Good thing her makeup was waterproof.

She went to the second indoor gym in the school. There were padematts aligned and some children and teens in white kimonos and had variations in the belts, from white, gray, green, orange and blue. Only one person had a brown one and it looked like he was 18 years old. At the front was a woman packed with muscles that promised pain. She had a deep brown skin and her hair was in a messy bun that looked like it would explode with all her curls.

“Ya’ porcelain doll! If ya’ don’t want to get broken ya’ better get yourself out of here” She had a deep portuguese accent and her hazel eyes were firm but littered with passion.

“On contrarie Grandmaster. I am here to learn, these are my papaerworks already approved by the principal.” The woman arched an eyebrow and extended her hand. The bluenette gave her the papers.

“This old crazy man is killing me! What part of the test first so they can back out if they want to, he didn’t understand!” Marinette knew of this, so she smirked internally. “I’ll make him back out if ya’ need it porcelain doll, don’t worry about it” her bluebell eyes found her hazel brown ones with strength.

“That won’t be necessary, I know what I’m getting into” and she knew, but that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt her at all when she was walking back to her class. She opened the door and saw everyone chatting animatedly till they noticed her. 

“Marinette, late again! I told you that you have to be the role- What’s this?” She stopped her rambling with the excuse note from the club. And almost took a step back at the gaze in Marinette’s eyes.

“I entered a morning club, this is my slipp for today. And you have to sign this, it means that you have been notified” The red-headed teacher looked quietly to her and with a pale face and shaking hands filled the line.

“Why does she get excused?” The brown haired arpee asked with a frown. 

“Oh, I guess you have not heard girl! There are some morning clubs that start at seven thirty. You have an hour till school starts and you get a ten minutes excuse to arrive at the classroom. Though I can tell that Marinette must miss half the class with her chronic tardiness” The last comment she said to her ex-bestie with snark.

“Believe what you want Cesaire” The heroine said as she climbed the stairs to her seat. 

When she passed Chloe and Sabrina she nodded acknowledging them. They both seemed surprised and looked at each other for a moment before the blonde smiled wickedly. She knew what that looked ment, because well. It was like when they were in maternalé, when the chinese did not give an ounce of care about how she acted, how she treated the others and that meant the class was hers again. Not that Lyla was much of a competition.

Marinette waited until it was the mid time before the first break, and at the signal of Mme. Bustier she stood up and made it to the center and front of the classroom. Everyone rolled their eyes and she was opening her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the actress of the class.

“You know I have a problem in one of my ears that can’t stand loud noises Marinette, and in the other one I can’t hear a lot. Why would you still do the announcements in this way?” Everyone began to console her and glared at the bluebell eyed girl. She gave me a look to Mme. Bustier and for once in a long time, she gave her a proud smile.  

“Actually Lila, what she wanted to say is that she came up with a solution and it includes one where you won’t have to hurt your eyes because of your problem looking at led screens, like your cellphone and computer, and it won’t hurt your ears” Lyla gave her a strained smile and everyone else, but Chloe and Sabrina, gave her surprised looks. Maybe they were getting their friend back, is what Marinette read in their eyes.

“Exactly, there is going to be a new board in the back of the room for updates and reminders. It also has a QR code that you can scan and it will download a special app that helps you get notifications to remind you. I will only require one person that reminds Lila to see the billboard or to remind her when they get notifications. I would do it, but I still have all the paperwork to do since the deputy renounce” Alya inmedialty bit her lip and looked between Lyla and her.

Between everyone shouting that they will do it and Mme. Bustier trying to calm them, it was decided that Adrien will be the one to remind the girl. Lyla smiled and giggled, it did not take a genius to know that she was over the moon with this. Maybe she could spin it to get him to spend more time with her. The boy was feeling the opposite.

Having made the app herself, it took a huge weight out of her, and she could concentrate on her new schedule. Having already known the lesson the instigator was teaching, she started with her new notebook to make a bullet journal on her new daily life. First she scribed and drew her schedule. 

In the week, she will wake up at five in the morning to start on her yoga, then at six she will sketch three complete outfits. That gave her a fifteen minute shower in the mornings till the clock rang seven. She will do makeup, change herself and have breakfast in twenty minutes. Her A days were Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Her B days were Tuesday and Thursday.

In her A days, she will head to Jiu Jitsu with the Grandmaster, Diolinda Oliveira. The class will last an hour. Her first break starts at ten thirty in the morning and lasts one hour, where instead she will be at the writing club. Then again classes till three, and an hour later she will have lunch with the rest of her school, where at the same time she will do more of her homework, it will last an hour. After she has one hour more of classes, before she was supposed to go to her P.E classes, but since she now belongs to the fencing group she will skip that and practice with Armand D'Argencourt. 

In her B days, she will head to the Baking club, then on her first break she will be at the fashion club, and when she mentioned acting, she referred to making the costumes, but that will be linked with the fashion club. This way they will have their own runaway and also commissions for fundraisers. In her second break she will again eat and do homework. Then in her P.E classes she will take her gymnastics classes. 

At the end of each schedule she will be in her language club for two hours. Then she’ll arrive at her home, make dinner for her parents, and after that she will make the clothes she sketched in the morning till the middle of the night. 

On her weekends she will head at seven in the morning to the kitchen where she will cook food for the homeless. Then they will plant trees all around paris if it is a Saturday then on Sundays, by recommendation of herself, they will clean the Seine little by little. After that they will go visit the children’s hospital and spend time trying to lift their spirits. 

Marinette loved her new schedule and routine, if things went according to plan she will be president of the clubs in two or so years, hopefully sooner than that. It does not matter her age. The results were what mattered. 

 

*Incoming call of Sherlock Holmes*

Notes:

Thank you for reading!!! Please leave comments, they help the writers continuing to update and sometimes reasures them the story is liked.

Hope you had a wonderfull day and keep having a wonderfull weekend!!!

Chapter 3: Miraculously Divided: Chapter 3: Newspaper

Summary:

Marinette has a talk with Chloe and meets some new cool people.

Notes:

Hi guys! here again. I'm so excited in with this story that I can not stop writing. So you get more chapters!!! Thanks for reading this story it means a lot that you have given it a chance.

Like always remember that English is not my first language, but I accept criticism, just don't be to harsh or offensive please! So excieted for your reviews!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Self love is the greatest middle finger of all time” -Anonymous.

 

The call didn’t take anyone's notice, so she rapidly asked for permission to go to the bathroom. The schoolwork and homework for the day was given to Madamme Bustier, much to her surprise because she couldn’t reprimand her if she had already finished it. She began to check it, expecting to have a lot of mistakes, after all not even Max had finished. That was not the case and the aqua-eyed woman was consternated, she could not say anything to the girl.

Marinette did not go to the bathroom, expecting a certain liar to follow her. Instead she went to the closed aulas for the clubs and took the call. Contrary to what her Nâinai said, the man was easy to talk to. She didn’t have to think a lot to simplify the way she was thinking nor make it more sophisticated. Apparently there was an incident with the chinese market in England that made him lose favor. They agreed to some things and plans.

By the time the phone call had finished, only twenty minutes had passed and there were fifteen till the recess. Fortunately, she had no one from her classroom in this club either. The only class she had one, was Adrien in fencing. It had already been two years since she became Ladybug, and in that time she had fazed a lot of akumas with swords. She was confident she could overpower him.

When the bluenette came back, everything was as if she did not leave. She made her way to the top and took a seat, except that a certain blonde took place next to her. The two of them looked at each other, bluebell met sky. One as steel, the other as ice. It was at that moment that Chloe smiled.

“Have you finally stopped acting Dupain-Cheng?” The snark that came was not surprising to Mari. The french and her were alike in many ways. Changing themselves to be liked by their parents was just one.

“Indeed I have, Mlle. Bourgeoise. I have no personal gain in this situation, less so in the relationships this class has to offer me.” The mayor’s daughter nodded in understanding. She wished the feeling of needing love could die like the chinese did, but things were not as easy done as said. “My answer is yes, Mlle. Bourgeois.” The girl in yellow did not ask anything, yet she was here to do so. 

“I am not surprised you know Dupain-Cheng, you always had this incredible intuition and were capable of analyzing and predicting what the others will do. It is a shame that you change the knowledge of others in this” Marinette abstained in saying that she was Mao now. Not yet in papers, but in heart.

“Do not call me that. I do not want to be associated with them” Chloe did widen her eyes at that. Ah yes, how she wished to cut all her ties.

“Very well, Qingling.” that was better. “Then are you on my side?” The pale girl shook her head.

“I simply will not interfere with either side, but we know you do not need my help. Sabrina is your loyal friend and everyone in here is too much of a coward. I will provide you moments in which you will handle the situation. If you go after everyone, we know nobody will sympathize with the italian girl, they will just tell her to suck it up because it is happening to everyone” Both smirked at that.

“Then it was a pleasure making business with you. Do not feel bad for the ridiculous, utterly ridiculous of our classmates. You tried, it did not work, not your problem. Let them learn their lesson on their own” She and Chloe were not friends and will never be, but maybe, just maybe, they had one another to rely on.

When the class finished, she made her way to the writing club. There it was packed to a brim, which thank kwamis Alya did not belong to, because she was ‘Oh so occupied with the Ladyblog’ and was already at ‘Another level to lower herself and be preoccupied with such pesky tasks’. Yeah, at the time Marinette wanted to give her opinion, but well, she was bubbly Marinette.

She analyzed the aula. There was a section with computers, another where photos were being compared, a billboard with a lot of notes and connecting yarns, there was even a section where there were old typing machines. Some beans for sitting which had a person snoring loudly.

“Hello, you must be Marinette. I am Alejandro Zuzunaga. The teacher that supervises the club. I said supervise, because they really do not need much from me. I still help in what they let me.” The man had white but rosy skin, his hair in general was thick and black along with his eyes. He was wearing some jeans and a white button vest. He was short but lean, inclined more to the fit side “I am going to direct their attention to you so you can present yourself and your ideas to improve the school’s paper. Guys! If you will, we have a new member”.

“Hello, my name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I am ten years old and like fashion. What I would like to do is write a column on fashion and make a weekly award in this topic too” Everyone raised their hands, the bluenette was surprised about this order. M. Zuzunaga pointed to a copperhead boy with brownish eyes.

“My name is Cloude Dubois. Could you explain in more detail the award?” Marinette smiled and a spark was ignited in her eyes.

“Of course! We could announce a competition that is going to have a specific theme, so everyone in school can participate. The only requisite will be coming in the clothes. We will take photos of the person individually, then analyze their outfit and finally after we decide the winner, we could have a small interview with them and then put it in the newspaper as a special section once a week.” Everyone began murmuring about the idea. It was not a bad one, it could entice people to buy their paper.

“If following the theme is the only requisite, then that means that all ages and even teachers could participate, no?. What about us? It will be unethical to participate in it because we will be involved in the process.” A pretty blonde girl with blue eyes that matched her dress spoke.

“Well, that is a good point. We will have to be excused from the competition. And yes, teachers can participate as well Mlle. ehm… Pardon me, what’s your name?” the girl jumped and a blush covered her face.

“Aurore Beauréal. Future weather girl! If I can win the competition next saturday” The asian girl smiled.

“I am sure you will Aurore! Quick question, why is it called a writing club?” Everyone looked sheepish at the answer.

“My name is Owen White. Let me explain. Well, in the beginning we were separated into two clubs. The writing club, that went from stories, news, resumes and poesy, then there was the photography club we collaborated with in the newspaper, but there was an incident with the teacher in charge of the other club and we sorta merged. Then our teacher had to be changed, no offense M. Zuzunaga we love you, she was an english literature teacher more in the topic with the original idea. Since we did not have guidance we just focused on the newspaper. But there are still some members that prefer to write novels, short stories or even poems” He was an afro american guy, with deep chocolate skin, his hair was shaved but appeared a deep black and his eyes were a clear soft brown. He was tall and probably sixteen years old.

“Yeah, like Marc Anciel. This guy.” A tipped red haired girl who had golden in the roots and hazel blue eyes pushed the red hooded guy.

“Stop Amelie! I already know her. Hi Marinette! Glad you joined us!” Marc was wearing his favorite colorful t-shirt with black jeans and combat boots of the same color.

“Hey Marc! I did not know you were in this club! So, what you are telling me is that the name was never changed and some people will also like to keep writing literature. Why don’t you include a special section in literature? You could write a novel that has a continuation every periodical time and alternate with short stories and even poems. You could also recommend books or give your opinion in recent best-sellers. Oh! You could start fan wars, like having a quiz section asking which book is better or even in the same  fan section, you publish it on the school’s web and then print the results. Also start a reading club and ask the school for the books, and then have debates and publish them!” Everyone looked at her with an open mouth and wide eyes. Marc just laughed at her, already knowing how she really was. She slipped when they were discussing some old book that not many had read before.

“No way!” A guy with weat hair and soft green eyes exclaimed with hands on his head. “Such an easy and incredible solution! Why did we not think of it earlier! You know how many poems I have written and not shared because of the new focus of the club! You are my savior! My light! My goddess!” Everyone else groaned at his antiques but Marinette laughed softly.

“Pardon this dramatic babuin and his manners. Above all his manners. His name is Alexander Thompson and mine is Olivia Thompson, for my disgrace I am his twin sister. We are both fourteen years old. That was a great idea, would you not have any ideas to raise fundraisers?” Everyone nodded with passion and waited for her response.

“Well yes! I have some. For example, we could have a section dedicated to messages from some people that want to leave one to another. We could charge a euro or two to have it posted in that section. We could also advertise personal web pages or some restaurants. For that we could charge a little more, since they are gaining from our advertisement. We could also charge for advertising clubs if they specifically ask.” Everyone let ‘Oh’s” in awe at her ideas.

“Marinette, you are a blessing from heaven. Our club 's trip. I already can feel it being great. By the way I’m Cosette Beaufort” She was a brown haired girl with brown eyes, pale skin and inclined more in the heavy side.

“I hope I am not imposing” Yeah, she was doing it. Undermining herself so they did not think she was greedy. The reality was another, if she was already making these changes now, she could feel being president of the club faster than she had planned.

“No way! If we had a president position I would have offered it to you in no time!” The spanish accent was heavy in the mouth of the teacher.

“Why don’t we? I mean, yes she is younger than most of us, but she clearly can hold it on her own! I can even be your deputy so you have more authority, maybe the burden would not be much if you have a seventeen year old by your side!” The boy had a tibetan heritage and his voice was heavily accented. 

“Let 's vote!” Marc chirped and blush took control of even his ears. Everyone agreed on that.

 

*You have one message*

Sherlock Holmes:

Everything is ready to take control.



Notes:

Question!!!
Do you have any ideas pertaining the writing club fundraiser? All are welcome!!!

Thanks for reading til the end of the chapter!!! Please leave comments and reviews, it encourages and helps us writers to keep going!!!

Hope to see you soon!

Chapter 4: Miraculously Divided: Chapter 4: "Friends"

Summary:

Everything is going good for Marinette, or it was until someone confronts her.

Notes:

Apart from being super excited about writing this I do not have anything more to do. Vacations and all that.

Here's my Tumblr, doesn't have much but here you go: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/sofialsan15

Hope you enjoy it!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“We are neither on good terms or bad. We are no longer anything”

 -Life ‘N’ Lesson.

 

It was decided that Marinette will be the club’s president, much to the bluenette’s astonishment. Do not get her by any means wrong, she expected it to be easy, but not that easy. Her deputy was the tibetan guy, who’s name was Jangbu Gyaltsen. Marinette wrote down in the little whiteboard she brought to the club the ideas and in the other board which was already in the aula, she made a schedule with steps about the new format of the newspaper.

When she made it back to the classroom, the bell was ringing while she took a step in, before Mme. Bustier could say anything another slip was given to her and she had to sign another form indicating that she had been informed about the club. She got some questioning glances that she dismissed.

When she had made her way to the classroom, she had heard the shouts and undermining that Chloé was ripping in their classmates. Contrary to what her ex-friends thought, she did know what the blonde was doing when she was absent in the break. But it was not her problem anymore.

The heroine in disguise was listening and taking notes, but ten minutes into the lesson it was clear that nobody was paying attention, not even Max. So she filled the page in her notebook with the information she already knew and went to the form with the exercises and began to complete them. After no more than ten minutes she was bored with nothing to do, so she started to outline what she will do with the new language club. Then she started to design the poster to announce the club. All done on paper and only having to do it digitally she started with the fashion club.

“Marinette, are you paying attention?” At that the bluebell eyed girl arched an eyebrow as if daring her to say anything. But the teacher was more idiotic than she thought. “If so it won’t be a bother to you solving these exercises.” She abstained from rolling her eyes and as she heard snickers from her ignoramus classmates started walking to the board.

As Marinette took the chalk from her, she began with tranquility to solve the problems, she even outlined an error or two from the example the teacher had made to explain. Everyone had their jaws hanging, her former bullies being the exception, with smirks highlighted in their faces. 

“Do you want me to teach the lesson too?” That drew a snort from Max that quickly tried to cover it with his hands, his dark eyes wide, like it was not on purpose.  

“You can return to your seat” The teacher was more red than her ginger hair, with trembling hands at the steel gaze she had received from her when she asked. It was funny how she thought she needed her permission to just sit.

The rest of the lessons passed quickly and in a blur to the petite girl, she took her time to finish more homework and after that she even sketched the three dresses she did not in the morning. Ten minutes before the bell sounded, she tidied her place, put the announcements of the week on the new cork board, put all her work on the teacher’s table and made her way to their P.E teacher, left him the slip up and made him sign a form.

As the chinese arrived at the dinner room, she went to the table where Marc was with Aurore, a pretty asian girl with hazel eyes, a boy she remembered from her jiu jitsu class named Ahohako Muszaphar Shukor and finally an incredible stunning indian girl.

“Ey! Is this occupied?” Everyone turned to see her as soon as she was nearby, Ahohako had his eyes gleaming when he saw her.

“Well, well, well. The one and only porcelain doll who can kick our asses to the moon and back. I’ve never seen Mme.Diolinda happier than she did today with you than anyone else before.” Marinette blushed as she took seat. 

“Woha, what are you talking about? This girl is the sweetest enough to rot a tooth out” Aurore said in her defense.

“Sweet personality? Checked. Can kick ass? Checked. Competitive? Abso-fucking-lutly.” the boy answered back. 

The cinnamon skin girl jabbed the boy with her elbow and looked at him then at the spotted hero when he scowled at her ‘Present us’ she mouthed. Aurore yelped at the korean when she made the same look.

“Guys this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the new president of the writing club. The poor soul is in the akuma class” Everyone looked at her with her eyebrows raised and sympathy in their eyes “Marinette, you know Aurore, Ahohako and me. But these two are Mirreille Caquet and Lakshmi Jain” The green eyed writer introduced them.

“Hi! Your outfit is cute! May I ask where you bought it?” Lakshmi chirped with a sunshine personality, her excited brown eyes analyzed her from head to toe and her long dark hair bounced along with her.

“I made it myself! All my clothes have been my designs since I was four” The only thing she did not quit being because of her mother was designing. 

“That 's incredible! They are so well made, I thought you had bought them. Do you have an Instagram account for your designs? Do you accept commissions? I could totally get a new outfit for the weekend. I am the host of KIDZ+ where Aurore is participating. Maybe she could have one too!” Mirreille babbled in her own world and fantasies.

“Oh, I want one too! I have a presentation in two weeks for my new song. I sing in small scale indian pop, the theme is dreams” Marinette deflated a little at the thought that she already was in a club and may possibly not want to be in the fashion club.

“I would love to! I actually have an Instagram where I promocionate my clothes, but for commissions and price references I have a web page. But you can tell me more in detail what your rolle is exactly and what colors you prefer, though I could recommend a specific palette that will make you pop.” The kids chatted all the way through the lunch while they ate the meals.

Marinette arrived at the training area for fencing earlier than anybody else, she talked with M.D'Argencourt and changed into her training gear. Only Kagami was there until she finished getting ready, so both in silence warmed up and stretched. Both stared at her when they saw how flexible she was. 

“Very well, Mlle. Dupain-Cheng” A tick in the right eye of the new fencer appeared with her surname. “Since nobody is here yet, you can start your test with Mlle. Tsurugi” The japanese looked uninterested in her persona, but the bluenette just smirked internally. Thinking you know it all was a costly mistake, but soon the girl will earn. 

At the signal of the teacher, both put up their masks and strengthen their posture. No longer did any of the two know what face or reaction was the other putting, but it was not a problem. With fierceness the girl in the red outfit dabbed, but was easily counter attacked by the one in a black uniform. It was so strong that while normally it would not be a problem, it was unexpected and she stumbled. Leaving an opening for marinette to dap her square in the chest.

“Well, while unexpected, it is welcomed. Mlle. Dupain-Cheng has the first point but I have seen enough. You will be paired with Mlle. Tsurugi from now on.” The brown-eyed girl remained stoic in the position she touchéd her.

“I demand a rematch!” The japanese had subestimate her, but it was impossible. The girl was so well versed in the fencing art and she will not make the same mistake again.

“You can do it as much as you like while you are paired up with her, my stance remains the same. Adrien has been demoted, as you were our best fencer and he was the second” The rest of the students poured in the place as they observed her with curiosity. 

“Everyone, this is your new teammate, who will be paired with Kagami Tsurugi. Having excellent reflexes and great strength and winning against our best fencer and ranking in second position. This is because I am certain that Tsuguri-chan just subestimate the situation. Adrien, you are now paired with Louis” Everyone gasped at the new announcement and Adrien paled at that, if his father heard about this it would be game over for him.

“Can I have a match against him?” The blonde asked in hopes to maintain his place. She noticed that he thought she was a he. 

“No, you can not. My decision as I told Mlle. Tsurugi, stands. Now, en garde!” Everyone glanced at her many times during the training, awed at her skills. And in the two hours neither girl had any wins. As the time prolonged their match continued and continued till the teacher stopped them and announced it was time to go to the locker room. 

“I did not think that you would be at this level, I thought you were clumsy, I stand corrected. Now that I see back, every movement was too predetermined and rare. Now I see why Marinette” everyone shouted ‘Another girl!’ when Adrien registered the name.

“Mari?” Being discovered, she took off the mask and her hair flowed free sticking to her skin with the sweat. More than one boy made googly eyes at her. She was beautiful. Fair skin with just a dusk of freckles in her nose, bluebell eyes, dark hair and pink lips, but overall she could hold herself just as Kagami!

“Do not call me that Monsieur Agreste. We are not friends” The room froze a couple of degrees and everyone looked heartbroken at her actitud, she was as cold as the other woman in the room. “Nice to meet everyone. Please take good care of me! And I hope we can be friends!” Her attitude made a one eighty degree change, she was cute and ozed warm happiness.

Everyone was over the moon, she was so cute and was not on good terms with the ‘Sunshine model of Paris’. At last a girl that did not drop at the every command of the boy. All the boys made a circle around her and started introducing themselves and chatting with her, inviting her to places and reunions. 

“Enough!” Kagami said seeing the girl starting to get overwhelmed. Kagami was a little envious too, how could she make friends so easily? And even more confusing! She knew that she was on bad terms with Adrien, but everyone told her it was because she was jealous over the blonde! This did not make sense! “Lets go to the shower Marinette-san” she grabbed her wrist and everyone parted.

When they reached the bathrooms for girls, Kagami did not say anything for a long time. She was just lost in her thoughts and Marinette let her be. She too had abandoned her at the drop of a hat with a few little words of Adrien. We are in this together, her ass . The high road was in reality the bullshit road. She took a quick shower and changed clothes. When she was doing her makeup the professional fencer spoke.

“What happened? Were you not in love with him?” It was a quiet but confident and angry voice. 

“What happened?” The chinese laughed wholeheartedly and sarcastically.”Now you ask me? After the cold shoulder? After you believed someone else over your supposed friend? After the advice that jealousy did not suit me? After that hypocrisy of speech!” Kagami widened her eyes, this was a complete and new Marinette.

“What-” She did not let her finish anything.

“No! Shut up and listen! You were my friend! And I needed you! I was there for you in a lot of things. I was there for you when I talked with your mother! I got her to listen to you! You are now in the art club because I told her about all your talent drawing! Your talent in japanese calligraphy! Defending you against everyone who dabbed you Ice Queen! You-” Marinette choked in the wave of feelings and sighed. “You did not even ask for my side of things! You were not even loyal! I get that I was your first friend, but where was that supposed honor you so much defend! You do not hesitate, you told me so, but it only makes you roll with the mistakes with confidence. Never once asking if what you are doing is right! So do not get surprised now if I do not want you to have my insight.”.

“Mari-” she was again cutted.

“I am done with everyone and their bullshit. Want the truth? Demand it from another person. Agreste knows everything, but I doubt he trusts you enough to say it. This is my last advice, cut the ties with him before he absorbs you in a pink tint, bullshit and false reality he has created to have his little world perfect. He is a master of manipulation, he is so subtle even his father does not realize it” With that she took her things and made her way to the new assigned language club, leaving the japanese with a ring in her ears, she felt as if she was suffocating. 

The only thing that stopped her was the flapping of a butterfly, she glared at it with menace and hatred, still the little papillon immersed with her training mask. 

“Get the fuck out of my head before I slowly kill you. You Hawkbitch!”

 

*Incoming Message*

Sherlock Holmes: 

I’ll be there in two hours.

 

Notes:

I was between BakaMoth and Hawk Bitch, do you have other colorful nicknames for Le Papillon?

Thanks for reading!!! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and I want to thank you because you have been following this story till the fourth chapter. I also want to thank all those precious persons that have left kudos and comments!!! It means a lot.

Please keep leaving comments!!! It encourages and helps us writers to keep going!!!

Hugs and kisses, hoping you are all having a great day and it stays as a great week!!!

Chapter 5: Miraculously Divided: Chapter 5: Arabic

Summary:

Marinette's luck has begining to move. But is it really luck or just destiny? Some things are not as they seem, but it often matches people and in this case Marinette is not so simple.

Notes:

Periods are something abominable. I was bedridden all week, but know here you go! Chapter of the week.

Like always it is a pleasure to write them. Remember I accept criticism, but with consideration. Please leave comments!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“She remembered who she was and the game changed” -Lalah Delia

 

Marinette had stayed close by just in case of an akuma, you know being Ladybug and all that lead to her doing her job. And while she did mean to upset Kagami, she was only human after all, she by no means wanted her akumatized. Nobody, no matter how evil one was, nobody deserves being controlled by a butterfly furry. 

After the butterly left through one of the windows, Marinette quickly transformed and purified it. Her costume was a totally red jumpsuit with a black armor on it. Her hair was in her usual pigtails with long ribbons, that reminded her that needed to change.

She made her way to the aula assigned for languages after de-transforming, there was a girl with tan skin, amber eyes and a deep dark chocolate wavy hair that reached in silky waves to her waist. She looked to be two or three eyes more than her, her body was already curvy. She nodded at her and with a light smile.

“Salut! I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng, founder of the language club!” The girl looked quietly at her before giving her a small smile.

“Je suis Rosa Garibay, enchanté to meet you!” The girl had an accent she could not pinpoint, even if her life depended on it, yeah that dramatic.

“Not to sound noisy, where are you from? I can not recognize your accent” She took the seat next to her, taking all her notes out.

“I am-” the door was banged before she could end her sentence.

“Sorry I am late- Well, we are late. Not that he can not speak for himself if just that we were late at the same time and we know each other, also because he is my father but-” a hand for his father shut him up pretty well, the rambling was worse than the bluenette’s. He talked two miles an hour.

The two were no doubt father and son, like two drops of water. Their hair was a mess of coffee brown, their eyes an electric blue that made Marinette suspicious, pale almost like snow skin and if it was not because of their ages, one will definitely confuse them.

“Hello M. Volkov, I see that tardiness it's a trate of blue eyes” Though hers was not real, but whatever.

“Oh, you are that girl from the akuma class two grades down!” The slap sound came from the adult as he hit his own forehead, clearly disagreeing with the fact the son told.

“Yes, for my misfortune” She let out a few low chuckles and the boy laughed sheepishly with his hand on his neck, a blush that contrasted his skin.

“Sorry, even though I know that you are one of the two that have not been akumatized. And that is saying much, since like seventy percent of Paris has been in horrible disguises and calling themselves terrible names. I mean, syren was not bad, but the bubbler is-” Again his father cut his rambling.

“Mlle.Dupain-Cheng! I have so much to thank you for! I have been waiting for someone to officially open this club! That ape of the principal did not let me open it myself!” The man looked close to cry.

“So I have heard M.Volkov, this must be your son. Orel, right? You two have the same personality, without a doubt the genes” The smile seems innocent in the little girl, but the boy thought that there was something else.

“I have the itinerary of study here in my backpack, the plan is to learn a language every two or three months. As you know the club runs every day from monday to friday, it is not normally plenty of time to know one completely, but I hope the investigation that I made and with this interviews with polyglots plus the knowledge of M. Volkov will prove useful.” Everyone but the teacher seemed surprised and a little nervous. It was written in their eyes, will this be possible?

“This plan looks very well made.” He made a frown when he was reading, passing pages and pages of information she had previously made. Saying this was made recently will be a lie, she had been investigating since too long ago. She had to keep a secret that she had self-taught english and had been grooming her cantonese. “I do not see fault in this. We will put it into practice, but I do not think it is just fair to think everyone can learn at the same pace with this method. Why don’t we exclude that rule?” She had made it double the time in which she learned english, so she thought it would be okay. She liked the professor's idea better. 

“Indeed, you were the right person for this job M. Volkov” She smiled with innocence in front of him, and when no one was looking her smile grew, not in a malicious manner but in a satisfactory way.

“I also have this poster’s idea. It only awaits the imprinting so we can promotionate it. We also have to make an official announcement in every classroom. We can divide and conquer or we can bribe the radio club that has their own cabin with some of my pastries and advertise the club once a week in every break” Everyone looked excited.

“Will we do the promotion ourselves or will they just make it?” Rosa asked with an eyebrow arched.

“It will be better if we do it ourselves, we could pre-record something. We can’t just say ‘Hello we are the Language club, please join us. Bye!’ It will be lame” Orel stated while making dramatic gestures with his hands.

“Indeed son. Let's carry out your plan Mlle. Dupain-Cheng” One more time she smiles, but it was somewhat tight, although well disguised it was still not real. That damn surname”I think it will be better if we say something in other languages, like the greeting and goodbye. What languages do you already know guys? If you only know french it won’t be a problem” It was clear neither of them were only french, still it was nice of him to not assume only on what he saw or heard. 

“I know french, english and cantonese very well. I am learning mandarin and italian” she replied instantly. The teacher nodded and looked at another student.

“Spanish, english and french. Currently advancing in german” The blue-eyed adult smiled with satisfaction.

“You already know it dad, but you girls don’t. I know russian, spanish, german, french, english and swedish” They… were not expecting that.

“Wait! When did you learn swedish?” His father unceremoniously asked as he shook him. His son only laughed sheepishly.

“Hahaha, there was this cute girl and…” It almost looked like M. Volkov was going to cry at the statement.

“Why is my son like this? Where did he learn these playboy ways?” It was within reason for him to ask that. He was a single father, never had anybody to rely on. Still! He never once went on a date and instead focused on his son and in his work. “Evgenii you bastard! This is your fault!” Marinette did not know who he was talking about.

“Well, let’s decide the language we are learning for now. I think it is fair to not include those we have already learned. Maybe, why do we not learn the most difficult language in the world?” It was a welcome challenge for the chinese-french.

“It will be interesting. ¡Ya sé! How about we make it a challenge? Like, the first to learn it fluently can win some prize or something?” Rosa exclaimed with a glow in her eyes, her shyness forgotten.

“That certainly will make it interesting. Good thinking Mlle. Garibay! Say, I will organize those prizes. Do not worry about it! And I am talking about you Mlle. President” The three persons turned to the bluenette and she widened her eyes. Things could not be this easy for her, could it? 

“I am president?” She asked with an eyebrow arched. 

“Who else? But I want to be your deputy. Is that alright Dad? Rosa?” They both nodded happily. One because she was not going to have more to do and the other because his son demonstrated initiative.

“Perfect! Now, I think the standard most difficult language is arabic. It normally depends on the maternal language that you have, but I think since everyone knows french and english it will make sense. Are you kids alright with that?” They nodded enthusiastically. “Alright! Let’s start with the alphabet and pronunciations. I expect you to memorize them once I give it to you so you could start looking for series or novel books that you like right away. Tomorrow I will announce the first price.” They put their hands on it and started.

Marinette e-mailed herself the posters, and with her cell phone she entered her laptop and printed them. She had a new computer, laptop, tablet and printer. All again, courtesy of her Nâinai. 

“So when would you guys like to meet for the distribution of the posters?” The two kids looked at each other and snorted. “What is so funny?”

“The part where you believe you will take any part in distributing them.” Rosa said laughing, to Marinette’s confusion.

“Yeah! You already made a lot of things! We can at least take this off your shoulders. If you want you can put the one in your classroom but anything else it is impossible. We are a team!” Said the boy with a cheeky grin.

“Thanks!” One more thing crossed from her list,  she was glad to have their cooperation. Seems like things will be different and better from her own class. “My house is just above the Patissiere in front of school. We can go now and I will give them to you guys!” Orel’s dad had to do some paperwork and will go later to his house. So the kids walked in silence.

“Maman, Papa! I’m home!” Nobody answered, but it was a common occurrence. She directs them to her bedroom.

“You guys want something?” All her posters were now gone, only plans, schedules, designs and concepts made by her were on the walls. 

“Nah, thanks. But wow, you really like pink!” Rosa said, even for her it was a little bit too much. “And designing” She was in awe with some of the dresses she drew. Those cute sandals were gorgeous too!

“Yeah, I am going to change the color. Do not like it that much now, I was thinking of something more neutral, like grey with white and some pastel color. Though I do not know what it will be. Maybe baby blue or lily, I could even have a peach or a mint green.” She inspected the room and imagined it. A very soft peach definitely. “And yeah, I love designing. I actually have a commission page” She gave them a card.

“Say, what’s this?” Orel looked closely at one of her drawings.

“That? Oh, just a little idea I have.” The bluenette shrugged dismissing it.

“Yeah, but what is it? It looks like some type of drone. Oh, here it says something! It’s in english, how strange.” The boy took a while reading and connecting the dots “Oh, it is like a personal assistant. Cool!” Yeah, that was a project Marinette was developing and will send to her Nâinai, she would like to patent the idea and sell it. It will make her life easier. 

“Yeah, it is cool. But you know what’s cooler? I'm already making an order for those cute sandals! I love shoes! Diamonds be damned! Shoes are a girl's best friend!” Marinette smiled at that and nodded. Not far from her thinking, but she will change shoes for outfits. 

“Here they are! One for each classroom and all the billboard’s announcements” They both smiled in awe at the design. Orel even whistled.

“It already looked fabulous, but in real life is something else. Thank you a lot Marinette! We will make sure not to ruin them or anything. We really appreciate all you’ve done” They made their way out after she gave them some pastries and continued to thank her, even after they left with messages. 

She began making dinner. Since yesterday she made something chinese, today it will be french. First, for an appetizer she cut some fruit and cold meats then a Boeuf Bourguignon with Lyonnaise potatoes, for dessert a souffle. She was about to start cooking the heavy dishes when her phone dinged at the same time that there was a knock on her door.

 

*Incoming Message*

Sherlock Holmes: 

I have arrived.



Notes:

Thanks for reading til the end of the chapter!!! Please leave comments and reviews, it encourages and helps us writers to keep going!!!

Hope to see you soon!

Chapter 6: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 6: Sherlock Holmes

Summary:

Someone very special and notorius arrives to give a hand to Marinette, though does she really need it?

Notes:

Here goes another! I am very bored without my summer job initiating. They recently told me I was hyperactive, and I was like. No? I am lazy? And then they told me if I really was or was acting like I was. Now I am doubting myself.

Enjoy this chapter! As always remeber I accept crticism because this is not my native tongue, but be nice about it! No need to be rude.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up” -Babe Ruth

 

The man standing at the other end of the door was tall, he had blue eyes and medium large curly deep brown hair. The epitome of a british guy, even if he was somewhat lanky. He really looked like a famous doctor, a surgeon at that.

“Are you familiar with Dr.Strange?” The guy looked at her with an offended glare.

“I told you you look just like him.” A shorter guy with brown eyes and short cutted hair was just behind him. “Enchanté Mlle. Mao, Je suis Dr.Watson. Uhm, that’s all the french I know. Sherlock, care to translate?” The detective glared at him with passion. 

“Just because he is a doctor and you are too, does not mean you will get along with him Dr.Watson.” The roll of eyes looked a bit exasperated. “And if you did not realise, she speaks English you ignoramus.” She will be using that one.

“Indeed I do, M.Holmes.” The girl stepped aside and offered them each a cup of black coffee as they all settled. “I already knew about you low EQ, M.Holmes. I, however, was not expecting you to have such a good relationship with a person. You did not even mention him, I guess it was at first a one sided friendship.” 

“Right? I think it still is one sided. I had to follow him! He always gets himself in trouble. I have to be a walking dictionary for ordinary people and- Wait! You understand him!” She rolled her eyes in a mocking way and settled with a smirk afterwards. “Oh god, she is like a mini you, isn’t she?”.

“Of course not Watson! She understands people and has emotional attachments. Sure, she can disassociate from them too like they never existed, but it is more than me. She has yet to be interested in peeking corporal cues and hints like I do and is more interested in something as frivolous as fashion.” The guy looked at her and then at his friend.

“You want to adopt her, don’t you?” Marinette arched an eyebrow at that, not like it was not a first. “Hold on, fashion… Weren’t we stuck in a case and you suddenly knew who did it based on the fashion mark?” Yeah, she did help him in that.

“This is not for what we came for. Qingling, you surely can hold your own against that stupid principal of yours. Why did you call me? Based on the hints you gave me, he only listens to people with money. This apartment is small and belongs to the bakers downbellow. That means he does not know how bad he has ruined it, but it also means you do not want to reveal yourself as heir to the Mao family. Still, how would you explain that I am here, helping you. Maybe you do want to reveal yourself as a Mao, but know he will not believe you and I am here as a walking proof.” Yeah, all that and-

“He is scared of important adults and admires you deeply, he believes to be a superhero that has traits of a detective. I suppose it is somewhat like Batman. He also has bought those books on you being in the nineteenth century. I think you could scare him until he peed his pants and I will take great pleasure in that” He frowned confused at some point.

“Shit” that came from the military doctor if she guessed right, from the way he walked.

“Books? What books?” Oh this is going to be awesome.

“You know, these books” She stood up and in the bookcase behind her took some books. “These are the ones that have been following your cases and implementing them at the time. They are really good, and from the details I think someone close to you has been helping” The short guy began to sit.

“Watson?” The voice was neutral.

“Yes?” His voice was verily audible.

“Why did I not know of this?” The guy looked like he was pondering how to get out of this.

“Oh, cut it short Sherlock. We both know you like it, you have too big of an ego not to” He and the bluenette smiled deviously at what she said.

“Yes, but I take pleasure in it. Don’t you dare ruin my fun Qingling.” They both laugh at the face Watson was making.

“Oh god, there are really two of you.” He groaned like he was in pain and pressed between his eyebrows, the guy was getting a migraine.

They took themselves to the girl's school. The tiny asian guiding them till they arrive at an office, the british detective noting that there was only one door in this wall, probably meant that the room was very large. Despite that, inside the space was tiny and he almost laughed sadistically at the idiocy of this person.

“M. Holmes! How did I get the pleasure of seeing you? Did you perhaps know that I have the contact of the owl and wanted me to call him for you?” The old guy did not even notice the two other people.

“No, I am here because you are an idiot that pissed the wrong people.” Damoclés looked confused until he saw the little girl with an innocent smile.

“Marinette? You know Sherlock Holmes?” Well, technically her Nâinai knew them, but she can say that the connection that they have now is much better.

“Of course she knows me, she is like my niece” Everyone but her was gaping at the statement. Marinette noted that this was the second guy who thought of her as one of his. “And she is more like me than you can guess. Her charade of a perfect little chubby kind girl is nothing like reality. She notices some strange things, like how the lockers do not have locks” Damoclés started to open his mouth.

“Or like how you expelled me without proof.” The girl laughed cheerily.

“How you do not have cameras to ensure the safety of the students” the doctor chirped in and the guy started to gape.

“How it is so strange that the blueprints do not match with your office, what do you have behind that door? Sure it is not the money that you have been embezzling for your idiotic stunts of a superhero” Sherlock towered over the short man, he looked menancing.

“Oh come on Uncle Sherlock, he will never do that! He will not even use that money on his new car. And certainly will not enable the children from political families without making sure that he did not piss off the granddaughter of one of the most influential families of china!” Her sweet smile was almost terrorific to the adults, well not to Sherlock.

“You do not have money! Your family are just a bunch of bakers that have hit temporary popularity! You just have delusions of grandeur!” The two blue eyed people laughed hysterically at that.

“Can you prove that? I have a very outstanding person as a witness here, right now. And even if I was not, how will the board react at all that I have told you? Do you really think they will turn a blindeye? If you think you can bribe them you are seriously more ignorant than I thought.” The supposed adult was red, not because of anger, but because of shame and impotence.

“What do you want? I can not expel Lila Rossi, that will get me in trouble with another high socialité!” Everyone rolled their eyes at the guy.

“No, I assure you that the least thing she will do is cry to momma. She is lying about the trips that she has been taking and you can hold that against her. The next thing she does against me you can tell her that if she wants to proceed she needs video proof and her mother at her side. That will stop her. She is not even the daughter of a diplomat and the very juicy checks you have been getting are not from her parents, but from herself. She works as a model, she can afford it.” The guy was pale at this point.

“What I want is that you put in place Mme. Bustier when she tries to paint me as the bad guy. I want to secure a position in the committee of students, you will vouch for me and not interfere no matter how many cries there are from my classmates. And you will also redirect all matters pertaining to me and the school to this number and email. Do not worry, they are not mine. They are from my Nâinai, though you’ll have to schedule one month in advance if you want her to come personally, if it can be settled with a video call, you will do it. Do not make her lose time, you will regret it. If you do not obey this, I will come here next time with the board and lawyers.” Sherlock smiled in a way that indicated he was having fun hearing it. How could he not? A ten year old was making a full grown adult cower and making the guy feel as though his very existence was a bother to her.

“I understand.” The principal looked defeated as he lowered his head. Almost like he was submising. He only had to bare his neck or belly. It was hilarious for the two most intelligent in the room.

“And no, you will not get a penny from me. Actually, you will change my locker room. Make it as grand as the one Chloé Bourgeois has. It will have a lock and be double in size to the other students. I will personalize it. The only thing you will get is not this girl to be a tattletale. Capisci?” He nodded again and took a seat at his desk to change all the things she just told him. “Another thing, you will email my parents my notes. Which I do not need you to force. I am enough to have a 4.0 GPA on my own” He nodded again and observed them as they turned and made his way out.

“I am glad we could come to an agreement, M.Damoclés. Thanks for your time.” Dr.Watson stopped just a moment to have a small smile on his face and say this.

As they make their way out of the school. Sherlock took his time in asking some questions to the little girl, the brown eyed doctor recognized all of them to be old cases already solved. Most likely he was testing her. And he took note about how the girl answered them all almost like his friend had resolved them. She too asked questions when she sensed the information was not enough.

It all was unknown territory for him. The reactions his friend was doing, he looked almost human, like a father talking to his daughter maybe? No, Sherlock would not want that type of responsibility. Yeah, like a niece was better. He observed them more, and the look in his eyes was of understanding.

“My parents do not understand me. I am beyond their grasp, they think I am too strange. My mother especially resents me, I am all she could not be when she was my age.” Sherlock nodded in understanding, when he was little no one understood him too. Well, his brother Mycroft could, but they never had a good relationship. Not that it mattered to him, he was comfortable alone. Now of course, he had Mrs. Hudson and Watson. He could even count Irene.

“You know Qingling, you remind me of when I was younger. Though I really did not like human interaction and was focused on other things. And was not styled like you. But I always was the odd one. Even in my family. Be yourself little léi lei. Eventually the right people will stay with you” The detective looked at his friend and both smiled happily.

“You two are platonic soulmates, are you not?” Both slipped a serious mask on their faces.

“Do not tell a soul.” The little girl scoffed at that.

“I am offended you felt the need to tell me that. I am not a tattletale as I made M.Damoclés believe” She frowned and pouted, her little arms crossed.

“Yeah, yeah. You know the little girl act does not work on me, save it for the people you are charming in your new clubs. By the way, you are interested in what I do for a living, aren’t you? I can teach you, though I know you could do it on your own” Marinette pondered in it wondering, it could be something of use in her search for Hawkmoth.

“I will be honored if you do. Maybe I could even help you in your cases, though I know you do not need my help. It could help me improve my skills.” Both men waited outside as she went in the bakery, her opening the door momentarily gave them a whisk of what the interior smelled.

When the girl returned she had two bags filled with baked goods and two rather large cups of coffee. She gave each one a bag and a cup. Both were different, Sherlock’s had more salty and traditional made breads with the occasional sweet one. Watson’s had more sugary intake, and a lot of breads with cheese in them. 

“I will be seeing you guys every so often, you are welcome here at any time. And my grandmother has bought me an apartment, so if you want you can stay there and enjoy a little vacation” She gave them keys to the place, she trusted them to use it wisely. “You can keep them, they are copies”.

“We will be staying for today and tomorrow we will make our way out. Do not worry about seeing us off.” She nodded, understanding he did not see it necessary.

“Wait, we could maybe stay a few-” The doctor  was interrupted by a negative comment from his soulmate. “Oh come one!” They walked arguing about that, the last thing that was heard being a “I knew you wanted to adopt her!”.

“Of course not! Wei Jing would kill me if she even suspected it”.

 

*Incoming message*

Nâinai:

Good job.



Notes:

He arrives at last! You know the one-shot of Unmasked in Tumblr where is Wayne VS Stark? Yeah at the end, sherlock calls her and I really wanted to see their relationship, this is how my need to write my own fic started. I love the stories of Unmasked! Even if they are not all daminette. So much creativity!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please leave comments, they help the writers continuing to update and sometimes reasures them the story is liked. See you next time!

Chapter 7: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 7: Ominous 

Summary:

The start of something bad startles Marinette, and it only puts her in bad mood that makes her confront someone.

Notes:

Hello! Thanks for clicking again and again in this story, in other words, for keeping reading this story and its updates. I wanted to clear some points that some of you have gotten confused.

Marinette is ten years old. And yes, she is ladybug and she already has problems with Lila. You can say for the sake of my story I have moved everything two years earlier. However there are some more things that have not happened, for once Master Fu still has his memories and Miracle Queen has not happened. Because soulmates exist in this au, Marinette does not like Adrien. I have not decided yet if Chat noir exists, but most probably he will. Until now, there has been no akumas and it has an explanation that later will be appearing.

There is going to be some notes at the end, for a character's guide list with their ages and where and when Marinette met them. Thanks for your attention, without more delay I leave you to read this chapter.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Anything you can do I can do better”

 -Anything you can do, Annie get your gun

 

When she returned to the kitchen, everything was ready to eat, so she only started to organize the table. When her parents returned from having packed all the baked goods that were not bought, the woman had a stern face. Problems were sure to rise and having already known what caused the anger, she did not get preoccupied about it. The three started to eat in silence, not even her parents chatted with one another.

“Marinette, where were you at both your lunch and after school?” She finished eating before answering.

“I joined clubs and was with my friends at the second lunch. My therapist recommended joining some to focus all the energy that I have accumulated.” Both had different reactions at her words, her mother slightly frowned and the corners of her mouth went down. On contraire, her papa had somewhat of a brightness in his eyes.

“That is a fantastic idea, Marinette! Tell me more about it!” She knew her father constantly was manipulated by what her mother did, it still not excused the poor behavior that he demonstrated.

“Well, I actually joined a baking club in my school, though we do not have a kitchen so I do not know how it will work out” At the mention of baking her mother seemed to relax slightly. “I know you guys wanted me to help on my first lunch here in the bakery, but I have some ideas that could benefit both the club and you” The woman pondered in her words and closed her eyes suspiciously.

“The baking club sounds interesting, what do you have in mind?” The giant man took his chair without standing and got close to the little girl.

“The school does not have an appropriate place to cook, so maybe we could let them borrow our kitchen and you can give them lessons. This way you have someone that can help you in the mornings to bake all the batches. The payment from the school for these lessons will be that you will not need to pay the children. This way you can afford to have them working, you could even encourage them to have working experience on how to run a bakery in lunch if they want to.” Tom looked in awe at her daughter, Sabine was just uncomfortable with how good the idea was.

“Very well, I hope that you can talk about this with the teacher and principal first. If everyone agrees to this, I do not see fault” Sabine finished everything and started to grab the dishes to clean them.

She knew that the principal would agree, even if he was under pressure, she was going through the formal procedures and even doing his job. He will find it accommodating, as a lot of parents, students and professors were making complaints about needing a kitchen. Of course, she will pressure him too and tell him this was a temporary solution, he had to open the kitchen area in a year or two.

As her parents cleaned everything, she made her way upstairs and looked at her parents calendar. They had a big thing going on the weekend in a nearby town for a grand wedding, so they will be gone from friday evening till sunday night. It was the perfect time to let in her Nâinai’s men. She could not refuse the presents even if she wanted, they were not only from her but from her Yéyé as well. She wondered if the Uncle she knew was really her uncle. Had he run away too? 

She opened her old computer and searched for the Mao family, and many links popped up. They were all in french, so that meant her family was famous enough for the parisian reports to be interested in. She clicked on an article that was from Nadja Chamakh, she was a reliable source.

“...From money to political power, even beauty, the Mao family is one of the most ancient and well positioned in the world and even more in the country of China. But this is not what we are talking about, but about the rare soulmate bond that has been passed only to the heirs of the family. It is well known about the pair of wings the legimitly child will get immediately after being born…” 

When Sherlock called her the heir, he must have meant this. She knew that there must have been a reason for their family to take suddenly an interest in her, this was it. Still, she thought back at the aura she read from the woman. It really radiated sincerity. 

“...It is said that the wings are always a sign of being romantically involved with their soulmate, no person has ever had another type of bond. The few people in China who I could interview said that they are child’s of fate and thus loved by it. Is this the reason for their wealth and astounding abilities? They are also known to have a pure heart loved by everyone and hated by few…”

This was rather useless, she respected Mme.Chamakh, but she often participated in topics of great interest like love and fairytale like stories. She was searching for her uncles, she wanted to know what happened to them. She returned to the main page and searched for another page that sparked in her eyes. She scrolled through everything until one jumped in her view. ‘Wang Cheng’s origin’. That was it.

“...In the many years of his career many people asked from where he popped out? One minute there was a family living in the apartment and the other there was a restaurant. No one could understand how fast the change was made to adapt to the space. 

Everyone seemed to like him, and there was a strange aura in him. His skill related in an ancient way, there was no traditional food that tasted better than his. So I took it upon me to know who he really was. It took me a long time, around one year, and it was the longest I have ever taken…

...I can tell you with sufficient confidence, he is a man of good. His real name is Wang Mao, but he did not want to partake in family matters. I see that even if one does not bear the wing’s mark, the trait of a golden heart could remain only if they have enough force and a great motivation. He loved to cook, and with his mother’s knowledge in this culinary art he parted from his family. When I asked his parents why they let him, they smiled brightly and softly answered me ‘A parent’s role is to help the light in their kids grow, not extinguish it’...

That was the only thing she needed, at least she had known one of her uncles. Some part of her family. She was not sure why her mother had kept contact with his little brother, but she was glad at least she had had him. 

She confirmed again that the construction guys were coming from Saturday to sunday. Her grandmother was supposed to come and take care of her, but she knew that was most likely impossible. She only came on her birthday, and that too was probably not a sure thing.

She had still not decided on the palette color, it was too complicated, she loved all the colors, even the green was starting to sound amazing even if it was in a deep shade! She will have to look into ideas to adapt into her room. She wanted to add a wall bookcase, in her window add a chaise too. The wood floor she wanted to keep, the walls maybe a grey, yeah that was a good color. Her desk was good in white, her chair will change to a sky blue. Her cat will be gone, and the cover of the bed will be a pure white, the bed sheets will be a deep grey, the coverlet a sky blue and the throw pillows a mixture of pink, purple and blue pastels. 

Yeah, she liked that. Then where her exposed sink was she will transform it in a closet for her clothes. She really did not need it, her hidden bathroom already had one. And because she will not be having friends anytime over, revealing the bathroom was the least of her problems. She did not like the thought of someone using her shower, the bathroom in general.

She focused herself on the task at hand, that was sewing the new wardrobe.  By the time it was time to sleep, she had the three outfits she had made plus the base of one of the dresses for a competition. She went to sleep, it was not an easy task, she had insomnia from very little, but she had her method. 

She woke up startled, her heart beating. Something bad was going to happen, she felt it. She spotted Tikki beside her, she was sleeping soundly. No sign of any evil in the world. She looked at her clock. 4:57am.

She huffed and changed her pijama. She tried to remember what had caused that feeling, but she just recalled that ominous sensation. When everything was ready she started to relax herself with breathing techniques, then she started with basic stretches and then passed to yoga poses. By the time she was finished, she took a quick shower first and then changed into a white cotton shirt with an overall dress in baby blue. 

Now, when she said makeup, she really was thinking way ahead, she is too young to wear it. But her grandmother did want her to apply some organic products in her hair. Apparently, when her hair appeared more blue than black, it was a sign of unhealthiness. Her Nâinai said that she would be noticing the changes gradually and slowly, it was not a miracle formula.

Then she began sketching three more outfits ideas. When it was time, she grabbed a blue beret and put on some black combat boots. Finally she went down and grabbed a croissant and some coffee with chocolate. She will need it if she wants to maintain her pose with her mumpsimus classmates.

She made her way to the school and found the aula for the baking club. There were approximately seven people. With a variety of ages, each one had a different pie where they were seated.

“Bon matin! Je suis Marinette, the new girl. I am ten years old and I expect us to be great friends!” A girl that looked to be fourteen years old took a step to her, with a scowl on her face. She was from pale skin, dark straight long hair and pretty baby brown eyes. Almost like a modern snow white.

“Great! What we just needed” The sarcasm did not pass for the chinese girl. “You know we do not actually bake, right? Let me make this clear for you, we do not need some clumsy little girl pretending to be an adult and making a mess in her own kitchen just so the parents can call and make us look bad in front of the principal. You can make gelatins from packages if you want to keep-”

“Will you shut up?” The silence that came just made the room grow cold. “I had enough pesky adults or ‘grown ups’ trying to tell me what I can or cannot do.” The girl stood her ground as she walked closely to the girl.

“Who do you think you are to talk to me like that? You have to respect others! You-” The girl shut up at the gaze in Marinette’s eyes. Disdain was what she found.

“Respect is earned, not given for free. But if you want it, I suggest you stop your little petty attitude and actually try to be nice to someone. M. Romano is getting here any minute. He has something to say, I think you should listen to what he has to say. Now, unless you actually do not exist, what are your names?” Everyone gaped at her.

“Jacques Fournier.” The boy was blond with blue eyes. His hair is too light and his eyes are deep. A clear contrast. He looked at her warily.

“Mélanie Chastain” The girl that was attacking her said sulking, not even looking at her, but at the side and a blush contrasting her skin.

“Fosette Brun” The girl was chubby and had brown hair and brown eyes, her skin was lightly tanned, probably from doing an outdoor activity. She spotted some highlights in a red tone on the girl.

“Alain Merceir” He was a pretty boy, with black eyes and black hair, pale skin. He was lanky, but every boy from their age was. He resembled Mélanie, probably cousins or half brothers.

“Chin-Hae Jeong” He was korean from his surname, his hair was a light brown, but from bleaching because his roots were much darker. He had grey eyes and he looked the same age as the half chinese.

“Abeje Ababio” A dark skin girl with the wildest hair smiled at her, she was skinny and very tall. She had some soulful brown eyes.

“Abelardo Jara” He had tanned skin, yellowish brown eyes and brown hair almost the color of his skin. He had an accent, but she could not pinpoint from where. He was the last one to present himself.

“Great! Everyone is already here! I have an announcement that is going to make everyone happy! I admit I almost pee my pants when the principal told me! Right now we are going to need your measurements for an appropriate burn proof outfit for the kitchen! Mlle.Dupain-Cheng, our new member, just made an arrangement for us to take cooking lessons in a bakery.” Everyone gaped at her again, Mélanie looked even more embarrassed now. 

 

*Incoming email*

Principal Damocles:

It is done.

Notes:

Miraculously Divided Character List:

Marinette Qingling Dupain-Cheng (Soon to be Mao): 10 years old

Family Members:
-Wei Ying Mao (Nâinai): 56 years old.
-Sabine Cheng: 31 years old.
-Tom Dupain: 33 years old.
-Sherlock Holmes: 34 years old.
-John Watson: 36 years old.

Jiu jitsu Club
-Diolinda Oliveira (Grand Master): 38 years old.
-Ahohako Muszaphar Shukor: 10 years old.

Writing Club
-Alejandro Zuzunaga (Supervisor): 28 years old.
-Cloude Dubois: 15 years old.
-Aurore Beauréal: 10 years old.
-Owen White: 15 years old
-Marc Anciel: 10 years old.
-Amelie ???: 11 years old.
-Alexander Thompson: 12 years old.
-Olivia Thompson: 12 years old.
-Cosette Beaufort: 16 years old.
-Jangbu Gyaltsen (Deputy): 17 years old

Lunch
-Marc Anciel: 10 years old.
-Lakshmi Jain: 10 years old.
-Mireille Caquet: 10 years old.
-Ahohako Muszaphar Shukor: 10 years old.
-Aurore Beauréal: 10 years old.

School’s Personal
-M.Damoclés: 45 years old.
-Caline Bustier: 26 years old.
-Alejandro Zuzunaga (Writing Club): 28 years old.
-Diolinda Oliveira (Grand Master): 38 years old.
-??? D’Argencourt (Teacher): 44 years old.
-??? Volkov: 35 years old.
-??? Romano: 56 years old.

Fencing Team
-??? D’Argencourt (Teacher): 44 years old.
-Louis ??? : 14 years old.
-Adrien Agreste: 10 years old.
-Kagami Tsuguri: 9 years old.

Language Club
-Rosa Garibay: 13 years old
-??? Volkov: 35 years old.
-Orel Volkov (Deputy of the Language Club): 12 years old

Baking club
-??? Romano: 56 years old.
-Jaques Fournair: 16 years old.
-Mélanie Chastain: 14 years old.
-Fosette Brun: 17 years old.
-Alain Merceir: 10 years old.
-Chin-Hae Jeong: 11 years old.
-Abeje Ababio: 14 years old.
-Abelardo Jara: 14 years old.

Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong

Thanks again for reading and please comment and leave kudos! It helps us writers and encourages us to keep writing! Till next chapter!!!

Chapter 8: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 8: Mumpsimus 

Summary:

Indeed what people fears most is realizing that they were wrong along, that is why they cling to lies.

Notes:

Here we go! Another chapter. In this chapter the akuma was the only new guy, but maybe later we'll know how is he name and civilian name. I hope you guys are having a wonderful day and keep having a wonderful week!!! Thanks for clicking in and thanks for keeping reading it!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

“The hard thing is that… even though you already caught them lying, they still make excuses that their lies are true” -Cuariano

 

Okay, Mélanie did apologize. She told her that she was president of the baking club, and the stress was piling up and over all, the expectations. The thought of another person, a little girl at that, made her have a near panic attack, and she did not want to be akumatized. She also told her it was no excuse, and that is why she was apologizing and hoped they could have at least a cordial relationship. 

Now, Marinette has been hurt a lot of times. But it was repeatedly from the same source. The girl apologized and everything, so she should forgive. That does not mean she will forget. Who does that anyway?

Her parents observed everything and explained what they had to do, both smiled at her in approval. She was getting along pretty well with her new clubmates. Alain and Hae were super fun. Everyone knew a lot more about baking than she thought they would be. It got to the point that her parents told them they could come whenever they wanted to help as part of their club.

She made the macaroons and croissants for the radio club. One was of raspberry with vanilla and the other had chocolate and hazelnut filling. The audio was already finished and the only thing left was asking them. She met up with Rosa and Orel, gave them the posters, the thumbnail and the pastries. Everything was going perfect, too perfect. Because when she arrived at the classroom everyone was glaring at her.

“Marinette, how could you say all these things to Lila! You took advantage that she is always early and tormented her!” She arched an eyebrow and rolled her eyes.

“Oh yes? And at what time was that. I am just arriving as you can see” Alya looked a little red, probably at seeing that the bluenette did not care.

“It was just half an hour ago” The face cried from Lyla made her look even uglier.

“And you live just five minutes from here. You could come and go without no one knowing.” Max chirped. Thinking you were all knowing and could never be wrong really made people stupid.

“Oh okay, then Mme. Bustier. Could you read this outloud” Everyone looked at her with confusion. Mme. Bustier widened her eyes and looked nervous.

“Marinette, why don’t we go outside and”.

“No. Since you can read it I will. This here says. ‘Please excuse Marinette Dupain-Cheng from being ten minutes late on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She has joined the Baking Club. This takes place since the day Nineteenth February of the year twenty thirteen to further notification’ Oh! And what is this! It has to be signed on the first day of classes by the teacher and it also has the approval of the principal.” Everyone looked nervous at her. She was acting weird.

“Marinette this is unacceptable-” She interrupted her again.

“So, this means I was in my club from seven thirty till right before I was here. That means I was not with Lyla here. If you have further problems Mme.Bustier, then go and comply with the principal.” This was said at the same time the girl started to type in her phone. “Though I have already emailed him the situation and what happened. It is your word against mine. I have eleven witnesses as to where I was at ten minutes past eight. Meanwhile Lyla only has herself and a sobbed poorly made story.” Everyone looked at the girl in question who was pale and sweating.

“Now that I think of it. You are not even wearing the same clothes of the girl that was molesting me. Maybe I confused you, after all the two of you were korean” Kim gasped at her implication. Being from Tibeth himself, he found that to be extremely insulting. Chloe laughed.

“Only someone as stupid as you will say that in this class. Letting the part aside where the world now in an international land, where everyone from every country could be anywhere they want. This class obviously has a lot that Lyla” Chloé had taken since yesterday to actively intimidate them. Everyone looked at the blue eyed girl, expecting her to act in defense or do something. She just walked to her seat.

Lyla was pale at all that happened in a pan of minutes, she could lose everything. It was a no no for her. This time they will be staying for years. They will not up and move as she expected. So she cried again.

“I am so sorry, I didn't mean to. I just have this disease in which I can not distinguish well the faces of others. That’s why I said that. I swear I did not mean to” The huge crocodiles softened the hearts of everyone except the three blue eyed girls. They just rolled their eyes.

“I swear, this is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. We are supposed to have a boy who is building an AI by himself with just the scraps in his room. You call yourself a journalist Césair? I have seen better investigations in a blog of a nine year old than in yours. You are just a tabloid with delearing of grand deur” Alya was seeing red when she said that.

“My blog is legit and serious! Compare to me what have you done! You are just a girl ignored by her parents that can not do anything on her own!” Everyone expected the blonde to explode but she just laughed.

“I am the daughter of the Style Queen and the Mayor of Paris. You think they just trained me in nothing? Let me be? I have expectations to fulfill, which I have done if you for once had done your damn job and investigated. But if you want me to once again ask my daddy for something, why not? I call him and have your mother’s and father’s job gone by the next hour. Poor Césaire! How will they live from now on! I see, you will maintain them! You are so serious about your blog that you gain tons with it!” The ombre hair girl took a step back, she pale and looked at everyone. How come nobody was helping her! Nobody was even looking at her! 

Everything was interrupted by Damoclés and Bustier entering the aula. When had she been gone? Only Marinette knows. The woman threw a smile at the chinese but she returned it with a smirk full of malicious intention.

“I am here to clear up the accident that happened earlier.” Lyla looked at her with a smirk, but seeing the fun the asian was having she frowned. Something was wrong. “Lila Rossi, if you ever accuse a fellow mate of doing something against you. I am hoping you have evidence. This is the second incident and will not tolerate one more. The next time you complain about something, you will bring your mother. Without her I will not even let you-” The speech was interrupted by sirens that were  heard in all the city. 

Everyone was up from their seats and going away screaming and kicking. Marinette waited until everyone evacuated the aula. Even Adrien left in a hurry. She rolled her eyes. This was the third time he was not coming to the fights. Ever since the scarlet moth situation, he did not come to any of the fights. And ever since syren that he did not stop to throw tantrums.

“Tikki, spots on” She whispered. Her suit was bodytight and red, then she had protection with armored boots that ended just on her knee, some elbow protections and armor on her abdomen, chest and shoulders. She knew why the citizens named her ladybug. Her hair was in two low buns with two red ribbons assimilating the role of antenas.

A loud and high pitched scream assaulted her ears and she could barely hold her stand. Right behind the scream the earth shook and rumbled. Ladybug took her yoyo and broke one of the windows as she kicked her way out. She analyzed the situation. It was not in the Dupont, but powerful enough that its powers reached them.

Splitting her yoyo, she checked the news. Nadja Chamakh was reporting from behind a van and it looked like she would pass out in every second. She spotted the Arch of Triumph behind the boy that was akumatized. The heroine quickly made her way there.

Upon arriving, she stayed low on one of the roofs. It was a guy around twenty years old, she chewed on her cheek, the adults were normally more difficult to deal with. His skin was like dry dirt. It had cracks, his eyes were black with green irises. His hair was long and reminded her of vines, it was contained in a low ponytail. His clothes were a ragged mess. 

He was screaming, clearly out of control. It was rare to see an akuma that was not in control of Hawkmoth. Still, once in a while, the people who had great resolution, will be able to ignore Hawkmoth and keep their powers. Her thoughts were interrupted as the Akuma launched himself up and then with his fists impacted on the streets. An earthquake shook the city again. 

She searched for the object the akuma was in when a goliath appeared from the streets, breaking the concrete. With a roar he started to demolish the buildings, people's screams were heard. She barely contained the gains to throw everything in the stomach at the sight of blood in the monster’s hands. She shook her head to stop the feeling. 

Ladybug was observing once again. The akuma was in the guy’s headband and the amok will be in the swinging collar. As he was busy jumping again and concentrating on the move, she extended her yoyo and took the collar. Breaking and capturing it, the goliath disappeared. The guy looked furious at her. She started deflecting the punches he was throwing. She did not know if he was strong or he only had control of the earth. 

After she began moving backwards, he began to corner her until she moved one more time. His fist impacted the building, it made a small crack but it was only his enhanced strength as an akuma. Meaning he had small manipulation of the earth. With that she began taking an offensive stance.

The guy clearly was just throwing punches left and right, without even the proper form in his fist. He only screamed, but did not engage in any particular words. She began to feel pity, he was in a very ill state of mind when Le papillon got him. The villain could not control him not because of his strong will, but because he was not conscious about what was happening around him.

Luckily she did not have to summon the lucky charm, it will be easier with him just attacking at everything or anything. She made a round kick and embedded him in a wall. He looked like a starfish, that did not deteriorate him. 

Fast in his heels, he used the wall and impulsed and went right after her. Using the momento, she stepped aside, took his head spinned him and launched him again, this time he passed through the wall, leaving a huge hole. She looked at the band he had in her hand, with a huge patch of vines. She broke it, captured the purple butterfly and released both items. 

“Miraculous Ladybug” She whispered and everything went how it was before. As she took a step a wave of reporters surrounded her. She really hoped to be taller when she was an adult. “No comments” She took her yoyo and launched herself through the air. She loved the sensation. Her fear of heights no longer there.

As she de-transformed and went to her aula. No one was there yet. She took her seat and started taking notes of the lesson that the teacher left. She finished that and looked at the exercises in the sheet of paper the bluenette took from the main desk. As she was finishing half of it, the classroom began to fill again. Everyone was there except for the tabloid. By the time the glassed girl arrived she had finished them and started to do more of her homework.

“Children, bring me your homework.” Some of them froze in their places, eyes wide. “What is the problem?” Caline put her hands on her hips.

“Marinette did not remind us!” She rolled her eyes at the excuse Kim was giving.

“I did. I sent messages to all of you. And even if I had not done it, the app that you should have downloaded with the QR code, would have at least reminded you three times.” Max looked at her with his eyes slightly closed. 

“But Max has not cleared the app of being ridden with viruses.” Max almost choked at what Alix said, the asian girl did not have to know that!

“It takes one minute to Markov to do that. Let us ask him.” Max was biting his lip at this stage. “Markov, please analyze my app” Everyone widened their eyes at that. Her application?

“With pleasure Marinette. Analyzing…” There was a symbol of charging on the little screen. “Analyze complete. There are a total of cero viruses, threats, weaknesses, or errors. I am impressed by Marinette, it seems that you created the app from scratch and in little time. It has an impressive code I could not break. I hope we can talk later about coding or machines” Max looked at her gaping.

“Now children, there is no problem. I can give you more time to do it. Marinette will once again remind you.” She will just programm the app to remind them twice until she sees them give her the homework. 

 

*Incoming message*

Language club:

Orel: Done.

Rose: Done

Volkov: Well done.

Notes:

How was it? Did you guys liked it? Please comment!!! It helps us writers and encourages us to keep updating!!!

Chapter 9: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 9: Plague

Summary:

Soulmates exist, and there is no coindicence when you collide with your destiny. Sometimes you have to have your eyes and heart open. Sometimes it just takes a minute to change all your life.

Notes:

God, how does one stay positive all the time. Is there a medicine that can make you quit catastrophying everything? I need a whole bottle.

Here we go! I want to tell you guys that I really appreaciate all you comments and kudos. it means a lot to me!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“You're always one decision away from a totally different life.” — Mark Batterson.

 

After the little fiasco of the homework, Marinette smiled at what she was going to do. Oh, how they will repent in making her an excuse. She will set the program to remind them every hour until they already turn in the assignments or the tests have already passed. And the slow teacher will not be able to say anything because she had already been convinced by the bluenette.

Right now she was walking just in time to the fashion club. There were drawing desks on the right side, the space for photoshoots in front of the windows so the light naturally graced thee, and sewing machines on the left side. Two boards, each on both walls. She had already emailed the photography club to have a collaboration for the promos. Everything was courtesy of the sponsopshirt from an anonymous designer. No, it was not her Nâinai.

She was the first to arrive but just as she finished settling, a girl with beautiful cinnamon skin and dark long hair in waves entered. Her brown eyes illuminated when she saw the asian. She was wearing a cute blue dress.

“Marinette! I knew it was your club! You should have said something yesterday.” Lakshmi quickly went to her side and hugged her. 

“Please tell me you are applying for a model position. I wanted to mention it, but you said you were getting small jobs to sing and thought you would not be interested.” Of course she could also want to learn how to sew and draw, but a little part of her hoped she would not. She was so beautiful.

“Yes I am! Knowing how to model will help me improve my shape and performance. And you know, a lot of artists model for great marks when they are famous, so I want to have a bit more ground” She beamed at that, already planning the outfits Lakshmi could wear that she had already created.

“Hello, is this the fashion club? The girl was the tallest she has ever seen. She had brown hair cutted just above her shoulders but it grew at the front past her shoulder blades. She had thick eyebrows and striking purple eyes. Her skin was a precious cream color, not entirely pale but also not tanned. “The teacher and the founder are no here yet?” The bluenette smirked and her friend giggled.

“I am the founder” The girl looked at her slightly surprised, though she barely showed it. Then she analyzed her with critical eyes. Both girls met their eyes, neither backing up. They were sizing each other. The older girl nodded satisfied.

“Interesting. I assume you already are a fashion designer. Can you show me your portfolio?” As she began to walk to them, she analyzed her outfit. She had a black sweater and underneath a formal white t-shirt that peaked through the cufflinks and collar. She had some jewelry in the collar instead of buttons. Her high heels clicked every time she walked. “Name’s Eva Gauthier. Model.” As she passed the rays of the sun, her hair grew redder.

“Marinette. Here you go.” She left her current surname out on purpose and gave her her sketchbook for commissions and contests.

“Lakshmi Jain. Also a model.” The singer had stars in her eyes as she looked at the girl. No doubt looking up to her.

“No way! These are the glasses that Jagged Stone used in a concert last year. And this is his album cover. This is the tuxedo he used at the last Wayne Gala, and his assistant Penny’s dress is here too! Oh, this is the dress Diana Prince used in the last jewelry auction at the Louvre auction. Who the hell are you?” The girl looked at her with amazement. “Did you draw them after seeing them?” She looked suspicious at her when she shook her head no.

“I accidentally met Jagged Stone last year. Long story short, he wanted some glasses with the eiffel tower and I had to create them after not finding ones. He adored them, but he did not commission me until we got to know each other better when I made the cover with that sticker. He stole my sketchbook and looked at the tuxedo and immediately loved it. After that I made him a wardrobe for his tour this year. When the gala happened Diana Prince asked him and he recommended me.” The girl still looked suspicious.

“Sorry. But pics or didn’t happen” Lakshmi nodded along and Marinette smiled.

“I would be offended if you believed me just like that. Here, this is me with Jagged and fang. And this is me taking measurements of Diana” Both girls gaped at the photos.

“I am impressed. And that is difficult to achieve.” Eva said while she took out her cellphone. “Smile for the photo” They barely had time to smile before a ‘click’ sounded. “I also need proof that I met you, for when you are famous.” She laughed and a very pale rose tinted her cheeks.

“Hello. Is this the fashion club?” The boy was muscular and had honey hair and almond green eyes, tall like a skyscraper and from the attention his cheeks soaked all the red from the universe. Besides him was a boy that was muscular but more leaner, pale skin and black eyes and hair.

“Yes it is. Hello Bingwen, did not know you will try it. Both of you are applying for models are you not?” The raven-haired boy brightened at the presence of the girl.

“Hell yeah! Allen here was difficult to convince. But you know me girl! When I set my head in something I achieve it until it’s done.” The tallest in the aula redden even more at the comment.

“Oh, how did he convince you?” Eva teased him, but the curiosity was heavy too in her question. The boy took the first ladybug suit and extracted all the red into his cheeks. A bit more and he will explode from embarrassment.

“I black mailed him with-'' Allen in his panic state picked him up and threw him on his shoulder. “You! Let me down you king kong. If I fall from here I’m gonna break my neck. You are almost a half a foot taller than me!” Marinette and Lakshmi giggles at the interaction.

“You promised you would not tell a soul if I modeled with you!” The chinese guy started to kick and punch the guy, who did not blink at that. “That’s not all your force is it? I need to change your workout regimes” At that Bingwen blush.

“Shut up, you mountain of muscles! I am fabulous this way. Not everybody wants to be able to strangle somebody with a hug!” Everybody was just laughing at their antics. “I promise again. Pinky swear and all that shit! Just let me down!” Satisfied, the french guy let him down.

“You believe him with a pinky swear?” Lakshmi arched her eyebrow. 

“It is a pinky swear.” He shrugged and looked totally serious. He was too cute for his age and physique. “Let me properly introduce myself. I am Allen Allard.” He smiled radiantly. A literal sunshine, it was what everyone thought.

“Lakshmi” “Marinette” “Eva” the three said at the same time, and giggled.

“We have some squirrels here!” The boy took them and put each one on his shoulders. The girls both laughed with joy.

“One of them is too precious for you to drop!” Eva snapped and worriedly tried to pry the bluenette from him.

“They both are some tiny beautiful squirrels. Both precious.” He said sternly.

“One of them is our main fashion designer!” That got him the attention of both teenage boys.

“I suppose then, this is yours?” Bingwen looked at her with curious eyes. “You seem familiar… Have we met before?” Marinette frowned at that, she would remember someone as… expressive as him. Too many curse words. She was about to say no when his eyes widened. “Shit. You are from the Mao Clan.” That made her stare coldly at him.

“From what now?” Lakshmi said furrowing her eyebrows. “You are confused. Her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng.” The boy started to fidget in his place as he saw her designs.

“I think you are confused, are you not?” Marinette smiled menacingly at him. The boy took courage to say something but quickly closed it, realising better.

“Yeah, Mao will never be taking classes in france.” He turned his glance to the sketchbook. “No way! This is the dress Natasha Romanoff wore in the Avengers party! Everyone was there!” Yeah, maybe she was getting a little famous already. Though she smiled at his change of topic. 

“Hello…” She knew that voice. Kagami was fidgeting there in the door. Effectively putting the chinese girl in a state of alarm.

“Bonjour, Tsuguri.” The japanese girl flinched at that. She really looked way out of her comfort zone.

“I wanted to know if I could take part in this activity” The older guys gaped at her words.

“Yes, there are still spots available.” The blue eyed girl smiled, not a real one like the ones before but it counted. The awkward moment was interrupted by a guy with brown messy locks of hair and black rimmed glasses. His clothes were a mess and he was in a hurry. 

It all happened in an instant. The guy that was lanky and looked to be in between the age of the older guys. What was impressive was what happened after he stumbled with Kagami, the two colliding but only the boy was launched directly to the floor. What had all gasping was the light that both emitted when the fencer took his hand to break his fall. A spiral started to form from the tips one their fingers and ended circling their neck. Like a chocker.

They were soulmates. 

“Oh my God. You two are so young! I’ve never met someone that has a bond this young” Bin started to gasp.

They both were so ashtonied. The boy was gaping at her. Kagami was just petrified. After five minutes the girls noted how kagami was getting paler and paler at the second. The silence was heavy, until the boy smiled charmingly and with red cheeks introduced himself. 

“Neander Lambros.” His accent was thick and prominent. His skin was a bronce that contrasted with the hand of the girl he was still holding. “A pleasure.”

“Kagami Tsurugi” The answer was more automatic than anything, she was still in her own world. Marinette almost sighed, and she went to both of them putting a hand on both of their shoulders. Mainly to ground the fencer from spiraling.

“Will you look at that! Are you here for the fashion club? Kagami is here as a model and now that I look at you without your glasses you are kind of pretty. Here for modeling too?” The guy nodded absently, like he was in an illusion or spell. 

“Perfect! And you are?” She looked at a girl outside who looked heartbroken at the scene in front of her. Hopefully not a girlfriend.

“Just leaving.” At her voice the boy looked at her and nodded with the biggest smile she ever saw. “Congratulations Ander.” Oh, the girl even had a nickname for him. But as he was nos distressed at anything as he looked at her, probably they were just friends.

“Yeah, thanks. Goodbye.” The girl looked even more heartbroken at his dismissal. 

“Qingling?” Of course Chloe will want to be in this club. It screamed Queen Style in all her splendor. Bingwen coughed at the name. Looking perplexed at her. She was from the main family!

“Bourgeois? Modeling I suppose?” Was there anybody that wanted to design? So far she has seven models. 

“Is there any other spot? Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous! I deserve only the best and that is the spotlight! Of course you will be behind this. From the looks of all the people here it seems that you are the only designer. The donation my daddy made was unnecessary. We will leave one machine and will expand the rest for the photoshoots. ” She rolled her eyes.

“Hello Qingling.” A redhead looked at everyone from behind the blonde. “Hello, this is Chloe Bourgeois and I am Sabrina Raincoprix. We will be at your care. I want to apply for an assistant position.” Poor girl, at this hour she was supposed to be in the chess club.

“Are you not in the chess club?” Lakshmi looked at the redheaded with confusion. She was with her brother in it, she was sure.

“This is too much.” Eva said as she leaned on Allen, he tried to confront her but as he touched her head they both winced in pain. Touching their right eye. 

“Oh! Come on!” The raven haired boy screamed with indignation. Because, both of their eyes switched colors. It was common in Paris to find your soulmate, but this was ridiculous. Two pairs in one day! It almost looked like a plague.

 

*Incoming message*

Tikki: That was my fault.

 

Notes:

Tikki, how is it possibly your fault? At least Marinette is relieved that she has not met her soulmate. What will happen with this lovely soulmates!

Thanks for reading!!! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and I want to thank you because you have been following this story till the chapter nine. I also want to thank all those precious persons that have left kudos and comments!!! It means a lot.

Please keep leaving comments!!! It encourages and helps us writers to keep going!!!

Hugs and kisses, hoping you are all having a great day and it stays as a great week!!!

Chapter 10: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 10: Breakable 

Summary:

Something strange is happening and Marinette does not know how to stop it, or even if she can if she tries. Something are out of her reach.

Notes:

I have to apologize to everyone, due to some misinformation I used the wrong tagg. I want to thank TheHungryKidInTheBasement, for pointing this out to me. If you want to specifically know is that I used the term polyamory wrong when I should have used polyandry. A thousand apologies for this. I’ll correct it by adding the polyandry tagg, but I'm still going to maintain the polyamory.

As an apology and celebrating this story reaching 250 kudos. I am going to update two chapters today. Thanks for your understanding and I hope you like this chapter!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Even in the smallest events, there’s no such thing as coincidence” - Haruki Murakami.

 

After filling the applications form, Marinette would be damned if she gave anyone the opportunity of stepping on her, Kagami and Neander had to retire. She suspected she was going to take him to Mme. Tsurugi. When the final member of the club showed up, she was surprised that the club filled on the first day, but not that much.

To the contentment of Marinette, everyone loved fashion. To her lament it was using it, not creating it. Well, she had her doubts with the soulmate of Kagami, but meh. The girl that had shown up was fifteen years old and she too was stunning. She was curvy, with freckles all over her face. She had brown lighted hair and was taller than the average by an inch or two. 

It was just on time that she was in the hallway, just about to take a turn when she heard the yells. It was Lila VS Chloe. The blonde had stayed to call the mayor and arrange the new remodelations. Just her luck.

“What do you mean I can not enter the fashion club!” The italian had varily and accent, but Marinegtte knew she did speak Italian. 

“We are full you sausage excuse of a girl! You are ridiculous, utterly ridiculous if you think you can come this late and there still will be a spot for your pathetic existence. Every cultural club only has ten spots, better chance the next time. You will need it, you are an utter mess. Do not bother Damoclés, we know between the two who he will prefer” Lila realised an unholy screech that made her wince. Her ears please!

“Alya!” Oh, this is precious.

“Come on girl. It is Chloe. You are already a model, you do not need this pathetic attempt” Yeah, Marinette planned on using them for her mark. Zumarud. There will be no attempt, she will make them famous as she is named Marinette Qingling Mao.

It was totally amusing hearing them argue and it was even better knowing that she was right and that Alya will not help the girl or defend her against the blonde. If that was the attitude she showed to others and nobody did anything for them, why would they do anything for others?

That was the mentality they all had. But she just laughed and went to the principal and gave him the forms. With a little reminding of the position he was in. Then she made it on time to Mendelieve’s class. She could not do anything else but pay attention, but at the same time she was a little relieved. 

“Bon Matin, Mme.Mendeleiev.” The teacher looked pleased at her. She guessed it was because of the homework she delivered ahead of time and also the quality of it.

“Marinette, I wanted to talk about the hypothesis you delivered about the science in fashion and how it can solve a huge problem in the ecology apartment to have reutilized the material. It is uncommon.” The little girl perked at that, obviously she was going to intertwin her passion with science, not that she does not like it. She was good at it and had no problem understanding it.

“But also about the most recent work I left you about the science of the mind. It intrigues me that you chose to talk about Jung and his beliefs about the persona, the self, the shadow and the anima/animus.” This sparked an interesting conversation that lasted even after her classmates arrived. 

Everyone looked at them as if they were speaking in another language. Max looked especially surprised to see his favorite teacher conversing in that way with someone other than him. Normally no one understood the teacher and her reasoning. He walked to them to try and join but psychology and philosophy was not on his list so he went and took a seat.

Marinette promised to lend her the book and she went back to her seat, after the explanation from the teacher, in which she already had notes but paid attention because her point of view was interesting. When the homework came she already knew what she was doing for it.

Lila chewed her anger. She wanted to lie and convince the teacher that Marinette had stolen her homework. But she didn't even know what they were talking about! She did not even understand one idea of what they were saying. She stomped her feet and went to, possibly, her house. Even ignoring her followers.

When the bluenette saw this she just smirked with triunf. She shared some more ideas with the russian and then went to her next activity. She immediately went to the lunch area and there her new friends were.  Marc waved excitedly at her, his vibrant grass eyes with a spark.

“Marinette! Lakshmi was telling me how just this morning you two presenciate. Not one, but two romantic bonds! Although we all know Kagami is still too young. They will start as best friends. But Allen and Eva! So dreamy!” She laughed a little, it was not the first time this has happened. She also was present when Ivan and Mylene discovered them and also set it up for Alya and Nino.

“Is it so rare to be present when someone discovers their soulmate? This is Paris.” Everyone in the world knew that Paris had the highest probability of discovering your soulmate. Even more if it was a romantic bond.

“It is rare to presenciate two, in the same space, at almost the same time and that the same people presenciate it.” Ahohako said. Something in those words settled an uncomfortable feeling in the girl's chest.

“It is not the first time I presenciate one. It is the sixth time, I think.” Everyone gaped at her.

“What! That is so incredibly rare. Were all of them romantic?” The Mao nodded at that. Marc hugged her.  “So awesome-” He was cutted by a boy that stumbled on him. The writer was slammed into his food, his face covered in the soup that he was eating.

“Sorry!” The boy turned to continue to apologize when he saw the mess he had caused. He was a pretty boy with vitiligo. His eyes a strange icy blue with purple hints that contrasted even more with his green hair. “I am so sorry!” The boy tried to help and clean him, at one point even with his hands.

“No, you are not an idiot” Marc said aloud and everyone looked at him in a strange way. “What?”

“When did he say he was an idiot?” Mireille asked, confused and something changed inside Marinette. This was not happening.

“No this is not a prank, I did not say it aloud” The boy looked freaked out. “And you did not move your lips to say that! Oh my God! What is happening!” Aurore widened her eyes at a realisation.

“Marc! Think of a color!” Marc shrugged and did it. Aurore looked at the green boy who jumped in fright at something. “What did you hear?” Mirielle realized it and started searching in her cellphone for something.

“Pretty…” His face was reddening. “Pretty lilac eyes” Marc reddened at that. 

“It says here that mindsharing is a type of soulbond. Not that common but it is not that rare too.” The friends of the boy looked dumbstruck and the boys were gaping at the other. Marinette did freak out at this. A third time?

The chinese girl stood up and congratulated them before going to a secluded area, where tikki left the new purse she was carrying. She too looked confused, but not freaked out.

“Tikki, what is happening?” Since having the miraculous of creation, that she stumbled when soulmates were meeting, was not strange. But three on one day, and all of them romantic was strange.

“You should not be able to.” The kwami looked pensive, almost like trying to figure something out.

“What should I not be able to do? Stop being cryptic, this is too strange. Has this ever happened to any other holder of your Miraculous?” The spotted fairy looked determined.

“Yes, but only to the whole kudoinis. You see Marinette, you know you are the most compatible with my Miraculous. You have the higher part of my soul here in Paris. You are a true Ladybug and you know it.” Marinette nodded at that. This was one of the reasons she was not so angry about entrusting a little girl to this task.

“What does it have to do with me Tikki? Are these some side effects?” The kwami shook her head.

“At the beginning of being bound to the jewelry we committed the mistake of giving the piece of our soul only to one person. There were some side effects to those people, too high repercussions. What we did when they died was distribute it, there were occasions when only two people would hold that part, but it was rare that it happened and also did not have effects.” Marinette nodded, it made sense. Too much power in one person.

“Then I have your whole soul?” Tikki again shook her head. Confusing the human even more. “What is it then?”.

“I do not know. I’ll communicate with all the kwamis and see what is happening” But Marinette will not hear the answer until it is too late. She’ll learn it.

In the meantime she had to go to P.E to give the note to excuse her because of her new club. It was called gymnastics, but it really was some sort of cheerleader with more gymnastics with dancing than anything. They went to their own competitions and also cheered for the different sport teams.

She arrived and was dismayed about seeing Lila there. The girl smiled menacingly at her, she had a brown uniform. If that was the uniform for everyone she will have to re-design it ASAP.

“Bonjour, Je m'appelle Marinette.” There was a lean guy with some muscles, he looked to be in his mid thirties. His hair was white as snow and his eyes as black as coal. It was an interesting contrast.

“Oui, oui. You are the new girl. The beginners group is over there, I will be with you guys in a minute and-” He was interrupted by the girls laughing.

“No, no. I wanna take the exam. I am very well versed in gymnastics.” The trainer looked angry.

“Looked, I do not need another girl hurting herself like that one.” He pointed at Rossi and the girl gritted her teeth. “Just because of you not knowing what she can or can not do.” She understood where he was coming from, but she was not asking him to test her and not to throw her at the advanced group.

“That is why I am asking you for the exam. Not to just put me in a specific group.” Now that she took all the people here. No one else was wearing a uniform.

“Okay, every group will do the routine and then you’ll try it. Be honest and tell me if you think you can not follow. My name is Erick Black.” Totally american, not only his name but his accent.

Everyone did flexibility and strength exercises for half an hour before starting to practice their routines. There were a few things she did not know how to do because it was her first time with an actual team. But everything else looked really on her range. Being Ladybug for two years helped her a lot.

“You got it?” The guy asked and she nodded enthusiastically. “Which one?” He asked curiously. 

“That one” She pointed to the third level. It was not advanced but it was difficult enough.

“Go then, you will have the place of Jennet for the moment” The girl raised her hand and looked a little relieved to take a little break. She took the position, she was a flyer. “One, two, three!” And she soared through the air. 

She danced to the beat of the song. She recognized the singer to be SIA. Unstoppable beated along with her heart. She was deep in the lyrics. She really felt the adrenaline rush through her veins. She finished with all the girls in the same pose, her tummy on the floor and her head between her feet.

“Marinette no?” The guy looked at her with stars in his eyes. The chinese stood up and went to him. 

“Yes Monsieur Black” The guy looked shocked at her.

“If you ever again call me Monsieur I am gonna put you in a hell of a routine.” She laughed but nodded at him. “I am very pleased, the only thing you need to work on are your times, but I imagine it is because you never worked with a team. Stay in this group, it officially is for ten to thirteen years old, but we mostly have thirteen years old. You come in handy.” There was a screech and it was from the liar.

“Why the hell does she get to be in the second most advanced group! I came in here first and I am stuck with this… this...toddlers!” They were just one year younger than her but it infuriated her.

“Because, in your life have you ever danced, or been an acrobat or had a gymnastic olympian champion trained you.” The brunette went red, a little more and it will turn green, everyone thought.

“I am the daughter of a diplomat! You will regret this!” The trainer looked dumbfounded at that. If she was so rich, why the hell is she in a public school? Even at that, if the embassy did anything at all to please her whims then they could put themselves in a predicament with the government.

“Let us start from the beginning. Five, four, six, seven!” The rest of the time she immersed herself, and even if sometimes she forgot about the feeling. Something felt wrong, something felt strange.

 

As if something was about to break.





Notes:

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Chapter 11: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 11: Mother knows best

Summary:

WARNING!!!
Trigger warnings: Blood, violence, depression, mention of: family violence, suicide, pain, etc. I tried to leave all the gruesome detail out.

Just an akuma not ever seen before.

Notes:

For the record, I uploaded this a little pass half an hour pass eleven. It still counts as the second chapter I promised to update. Do not gonna lie, my heart broke while I was writing it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“A mother who does not love is as difficult to find. But not impossible” 

 

The next three days were strange for not telling you another thing. Marinette almost wanted to stop going to school and remain locked in her room. Alas, that was not possible. And it was absolutely strange when people kept meeting their soulmates and she was present. 

Marinette looked ridiculous (utterly ridiculous) trying to not bump in any person or avoiding  contact at all costs. She and Tikki determined that it was after they had physical contact that the people met their soulmates. Like when Allen carried her or Marc hugged her. And another factor is that Marinette has to present after she touched one of them. Like when the girls of her team carry her to launch her through the air. 

And it began like a rumor, someone just whispered their theory to another. But there are no such things like coincidences. Next thing she knew was that half the new persons she had just met, ahd soulmates. They noticed she was always there, and now everyone was trying to be in her presence. The cultural clubs she was in filled the spots in a second after they heard she was there. She was just glad that at least people did seem to like the clubs and took it seriously.

But as the days turned into nights, it did not even matter that she did not touch them. She was not sure if talking with people triggered it, but right now. Just being near them was enough. It was such an amazing phenomenon that investigators started to poke around the school. The school even received more solicitudes for the next year, people believing the rumor that the school was responsible for this.

The bluenette sighed at the new article in the parisian soulmates blogg. She was just glad that her name was not mentioned or even that a girl was the common factor in this sudden increase of meetings. She closed her laptop and went to prepare dinner for herself.

She was ‘alone’ in her house, her grandmother was supposed to take care of her. It was obvious she had forgotten and probably was in Italy. It did not matter, her Nâinai had sent her some bodyguards and a nanny. They were staying in the guests room. The three of them were women and even more, soulmates. 

Just her luck that the three of them met because of this job. She groaned, as she was walking down the stairs she saw that dinner was already made and everything was prepared. She looked at Jane, Feng and Brissette. Each one was so different that it was a miracle they even got to know each other. Jane and Brissette were more likely because they shared a profession, but Feng did not.

Jane looked more of an arabic heritage than an american one, but who was she to judge? There could be a million excuses, she did not have to be alert of every little thing. And she knew her Nâinai and Yéyé made a full background check on everyone. Even those that will come tomorrow to remodalete her room.

She went to sleep, it did not come easily, but it was better than anything. Until she woke up with a startled gasp. Green eyes in her dreams haunted her. They were terrified, but resigned and above everything else, acceptance and determination. She then dreamed about blue eyes. They felt so small and sad, terrified and even a tad angry.

Her alarm was about to sound, but she knew the rest was not enough. not wanting to prolong it longer, she started with the yoga exercises. After getting the hang of it, she could advance to more difficult exercises. The complicated thing was holding the position for long, staying still.

She grabbed a pink comfy outfit. The top and pans had a white elastic with the name of her brand. Zumarud. The difference was the location, the top had it at the end and the pans at the start. And finally a white hoodie with some white snickers. She will spend the day doing social services. Her hair was up in a ponytail, the natural treatment Nâinai had given her was already making small changes. For starters, the highlights in her hair were more saphire than blue and the blue in her hair went more to a deep marine.

She took her breakfast, some pork porridge with boiled eggs and various vegetables. She was not that used to a heavy breakfast, living in french had made that. But she did feel a lot of energy afterwards. Jane and Brisette took her to the soup kitchen and there she started cooking immediately. She received surprised looks from teenagers and adults, like she was not supposed to know how to cook.

She took her seat with some children who looked way too skinny for her taste, their clothes were gathered in some places and had patches in others. She made a mental note to look into her clothes and donate what she could. Maybe she will arm a collective clothing campaign. 

She started talking to the kids, everyone received her with open arms and big smiles. They asked her opinions and questions so they could get to know her. She had already eaten breakfast, as she forgot she was having it here. So she let a tiny boy that could be three eat her part. Marinette was having fun.

“Qingling?” Never in a million years will hse imagine that in the place she will stumble upon, will be this. But again, she did not know much about her. 

“Hello Chloe, are you in charge of the cleaning crew?” There was no malice in the chinese’s voice. Just pure curiosity, it was almost comic the way the mayor’s daughter was inspecting her to find the bad intention. “Yes, I am part of the cleaning crew.” The blonde nodded, already knowing she had that kind of ability.

“I know you know it. But do not say a word to anyone in our class. Not even to Sabrina.” Marinette nodded in understanding.

“Of course, as long as you do not either.” That is how the two settled. It was almost time for the soup kitchen to close when they heard a scream that pierced through their souls. It was raw and haunted.

“Akuma!” Everyone bolted from the place at a speed that could make your mouth hang. Only Marinette remained inside. Tikki left her pockets.

“Ready Tikki?” The answer was cutted short when someone came back.

“Qingling! What the kwami are you doing staying still-” She looked shocked at the fairy. Her head was not grasping the situation entirely.

“Ding!” Marinette said, extremely angry. She should have gone to the bathroom. Whatever, what is done is done. “You tell a soul, you disappear! Tikki, Spots on!”.

There was a little boy, he could not be more than four or five years old. Her heart breaks at his appearance. He cried and cried, no other sound coming. Just the haunting sobs. The tears, grand and black, went from his eyes to his cheeks until they touched anything that was below him and disintegrated what they touched. 

He was floating and literally had no eyes. Just deep dark holes. His skin was a natural color, except that he had a greyish tint that almost made him look like he was in decomposition. It also did not help that there were cracks in it. There were no lips, because it looked like they were burned. The same black liquid tainted his teeth. His hair was a greasy mess, with dirt and other things she did not want to guess what it was. 

His clothes were tattered beyond reparation. He only had some pants that were black. It looked like he was painted in a scale of greys. He was lamenting himself as if he was in pain, as if someone was torturing him. Tears made their way into her eyes too. What could have happened to him? 

She waited to have a plan. To have at least Chat Noir with her. But after waiting enough, she concluded he would not come. The bad feeling had not only not gone away, but it rooted itself in her heart. Enough that she feared with all her heart, enough that her lungs forgot how to breathe. 

But she forced herself, she had to. No one else was going to make it better, no else was helping her. She inhaled three times and revealed herself. The kid did not stop crying, and she did not notice that there were no more screams. Everything was quiet, because everyone that she could see lay dead on the floor.

“You want to kill me too, don’t you?” She jumped startled and looked behind her. The little boy kept crying haunted. She looked again nervous at all the bodies that were within insight. It could be the akuma with the most casualties till now. “Why do not just die like you want me to!” Oh god, he was too young to suffer like this. but his feelings were real.

“No, you have to live. Keep living despite what everyone tells you.” The boy paused at that. But a butterfly appeared on his small face.

“Yes, and for that everyone else has to die! So die! Die and leave me alone!” With his little hands he tugged hard on his hair, he did not shut his eyes because he was physically unable to do that. More tears flowed from his cheeks, disintegrating the roof they were in. 

When the interior was exposed, a family was revealed. They were a family of three. The bigger man stepped in front of his family. Trying to protect them. The little girl was crying hard, terrified at what she was experiencing.

“Die!” The tears streamed down to his palm, accumulating and forming a small ball. As soon as the little boy launched it, one of the fathers hugged them, protecting them. Willing to sacrifice himself. And Ladybug would not allow that, so she stood in front. 

Her scream pierced the environment, ripping through the silence. She felt the pain, the guilt, the sadness. It was too much, she wanted it to stop. Dying would have felt better than this. The family quickly stood up, not wasting her sacrifice and running.

“It hurts, doesn’t it? Just forget everything, and let go. Come on, let go.” His small voice helped her distract herself from the pain. “Just finish everything.” He was asking her to kill herself.

“No.” She barely could say, with a shaky voice and haunted looks. “We do not have to die. We can live and smile. We can live and laugh. No one else deserves to decide for us. Not even you decide for me.” A smile made its way into his face. Slowly, steady and creepy. 

“You should just accept my generous offer”.

If you ask Ladybug, what happened next. She will struggle to tell you. She remembered the pain, the desperation, her own screams, the smell of blood, but overall the fear. It was at one point that her memory blacked out. Not because of anything but the trauma her mind experienced. She remembered how it ended. She managed to hug him, as his tears burned her flesh, as his power pierced through her soul one, two, three and too many times for her to count.

“Please, do not die.” The heroine told her in a small voice, tears leaking through her cheeks. “Don’t die.” At this point she was sobbing. “You are killing yourself like this.” And it was true, more black blood sipped through his mouth, cascading to the point of choking him.

“Help!” The voice howled. “Please! Do not let her kill me!” She nodded her head.

“I will not!” She put a hand inside the back pockets, a piece of paper absolutely purple indicating that the akuma was there. With trembling fingers she ripped it and purified the akuma. The voice changed back and clinged to her, she did not know if he remembered or it was just his subconscious that made him do that. 

About to cast the cure, she felt it. A piercing through her soul that it both filled her with energy and hurt her. She coughed blood and her eyes leaked some glowing liquid. Her eyes are more vibrant. Tikki tried to diffuse the transformation, but she overpowered her. Something was entering her soul and it hurted her, but she could not give up. She still had to cast the cure.

“Miraculous…” More coughs had her kneeling with the little boys in her arms. “Miraculous Ladybug” The ladybugs revived everyone, reconstructed entire buildings and even cured her own wounds. But she still coughed blood. Meaning the akuma did not cause whatever was happening to her.

“Qin- I mean, Ladybug! Are you alright?” Does she look alright? She started throwing up blood now and the people started to accumulate around her, preoccupied. “Ladybug?” Chloe kept asking. 

“Assure that no one who claims to know the boy can touch him. Tell the mayor that if he does not want another situation like this. He better put him with someone he trusts with his life” She stood up with shaky legs and yo-yoed away. 

“Spots off”  She said in her room that looked half remodalete it. She went to her bathroom and threw up until some bright liquid came up. 

“Marinette! You have to transform back. Take the glasses and go to the black miraculous soul resider! He is about to die! You have to stop it!”.

 

*News*

February 27th 

Ladybug dying?



Notes:

Yeah, I'm just gonna hope you are still well after this and that you are still having a great week and that it stays like that.

If you are in a situation of abuse, I tell you, it is not your fault and you do not deserve it. No matter how much you think you do. Please, please. Search for help, I know it is not easy. But please try.

If you know someone that is in this situation, the best thing to do is call for help. If you know someone that was in this situation, sometimes people do not want you to do anything but to listen. It is difficult because you feel uttelry useless, but knowing you will have anyone that just believes you helps.

Do not tell them they are overreacting, it is not the case and will never be. Let them feel and grieve and just heal.

Chapter 12: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 12: Without a soul.

Summary:

Marinette needs to stop Plagg's soul from leaving a body or two.

Notes:

I did a ton of reaserch and I tried. If you ask me what I did not like from this chapter is the fact that Damian does not die. BUT hear me first please. In the comics he dies a hero. Not like the annoying brat nobody liked at first. He dies like the son of Batman and over all, he dies trying to protect everyone he has come to love. Bruce loses a son, but Alfred too loses him. There was a lot of development in his character and with his relationships with the others. It saddens me to rip this, but I will try to somehow develop them in other form.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Understanding is an art, and not everybody is an artist.” -Unknown.

 

There were a lot of things Marinette Qingling Mao did not understand, like how the miraculouses worked. One of the biggest mysteries, for example, if the Universe already knew what was going to happen. Why was Marinette not born earlier? Just so that she could enjoy her childhood. 

 

But she respected them, and did not question them until the crisis had already happened. So no need to cry over spilt milk. That was the reason, that even if she did not understand the words that Tikki was telling her, she acted upon them. Even if she just ended up throwing liters of blood. 

 

She took the horse miraculous and merged it with the ladybug one. Her armor changed, instead of the black, there was now white. Her hair changed into a ponytail that reached her back and it faded from her blue to a pristine white. 

 

“Voyage” she whispered, and as she crossed the portal. This all reminded her of what a battlefield looked like. Not entirely a scene she was not used to.

 

She was in a corporation building, and nearly everything was destroyed, in flames or both. She took a deep breath, with caution of not being heard. As the air passed through her lungs, she felt it. The difference. Something had changed within her, something that revitalized her. 

 

Ladybug now felt stronger, more energized, could hear everything better, see everything different, and most importantly feel anything. She could see the flow of life every creature has, everyone connected to another. And at the center of it, at the very core, there she was. It scared her, but she had no time to think of that. 

 

The heroine looked at what was happening, a little boy fighting with a man (if she could call him that) that was double his size and triple his weight. The boy had skills that easily surpassed her without the miraculous. It was obvious how this would end, not because the man was better, but because of all the wounds the traffic light had. 

 

As the boy jumped in the air and the man took a sword, she launched. Everything happened in slow motion, as the blackhaired boy looked in horror behind the hoodie he was wearing about the wrong move he made that would cost him his life. The next thing he knew, something was in front of him and a force had pushed him out of the way. 

 

With confusing eyes everyone turned to the new commer. She had a ruby armor that shined and looked translucent. Like a kryptonite. Some bodysuit underneath clinged to her in a white pristine that contrasted everywhere they looked. With a ponytail that went from a black sapphire to marble white. A ribbon fluttered. 

Many things impacted everyone, among them, her eyes. A bluebell that was almost iridescent, if it was not for the coldness and analytic look, they could have been mistaken for one of the super’s. The second was the size of her. She was tiny, even smaller than Robin. And the final one, that the sword was supposed to be embedded in her neck, was not and instead, everyone watched in fascination as it broke and pathetically made contact with the floor.

 

“My, My.” Her voice was strange, their logic wanted to convince them that her voice should be squeaky and young. But she spoke so dainty and playful that the nature of both clashed. “What an aberration of life.” Everyone looked at her with caution.

 

“Tt.” The man said. Robin wanted to be angry, but he was still a little shocked by what was about to happen. “Who are you supposed to be?” The smile that formed on her tiny face made everyone take a double look.

 

“What have you done to earn that knowledge?” She bounced back, and it made the man angry. Because, this small thing was trying to prove anything? He was made to have Gotham, to be Batman and destroy that weakling. So he punched her, and of course she did not even try to dodge it. Instead she received it with all the force and stood in her place, the floor cracking at the strength.

 

“What?” The little girl laughed and in her mind thanked the miraculous. Even if right now she felt undestructable, she was still careful, cause she knew she was not. And foolish assessment will kill her.

 

“You know.” The girl put her hand in his, making it obvious the difference in size. “We really hate when they mess or abuse the creation, but we hate even more when they try and disrupt the balance.” And just like that, with his hand she took impulse and kicked him in the face.

 

The clon impacted on the wall, bouncing back as if he was made of rubber. His helmet turned to rubish, and she looked at his deep blue eyes. His skin was a sick pale and he had a scar rounding his neck. 

 

The little girl was so fast, it was obvious she was something else or gained strength from a power source. The wonder boy picked himself up and tried to go into battle, only to be stopped by the cronies. 

 

“Tt.” He will have to stay put and for the time being be satisfied with this. 

 

Nightwing slowly wook up, but his body was immediately on alert upon what he was hearing and remembered. As he forced himself into a fighting pose he looked around and spotted his little brother surrounded by men with weapons. His body was already covered with a few arrows that were slowing him down, but did not take him down.

He concentrated on helping him, as he was fighting his way through the center he visualized Heretic, he was stumbling and slipping in air. He fought as he analyzed what the hell was happening with the clone. There was nothing there. Or so he thought until he visualized a little girl plummeting his head in the floor, with enough force that it broke the floor. 

 

“Robin!” Baby bird looked for a moment to him as he knocked out another man. “What is happening?” He interrupted himself to charge three men. “Who is she?” Robin froned and his characteristically ‘tt’ was heard.

 

“I do not know. But as soon as I can I will know.” The little girl had helped him but not because of that he was happy with an unknown. Furthermost, she appeared to have powers. 

 

Ladybug fractured all the fingers in his right hand first. Then bend that same arm in a weird way, enough that she could have taken it off his body. She kicked his ribs and three of them cracked, a sickening crunch was heard. She ripped the voice box he had in his neck, blood made its way out in gushes, still his rapid healing ability helped so not a lot of blood rushed out. His right leg was next, breaking his knee cap and the upper part in one blow. With each time she made contact with him, the vitality was stolen from his body. 

 

The creation holder knew that he was alive, had consciousness, was breathing, had the capability of feeling, and much more. Still, it did not mean he was supposed to exist. Not only the way he came to be created was horrendous, from a whale he was incubated until he was a man. The leviathan, some called him. But, his soul was very sick. Lazarus Pit. Someone whispered in her ear. She had no idea what that meant.

 

His soul was a recollection of others, like the monster Dr. Frankenstein had sewed, so with each blow she set free a new part of some soul. So they could keep walking in their path. It was one thing to revive another person, it was another to create a soul for a body that had none. 

 

The real soul of that body had died a long time ago. Maybe even before it was conceived, maybe when he grew in the whale’s body. She did not know when, only knew what a true soul looked like in somebody. Like how the boy had a part of Plagg's soul that perfectly co-existed with his own. Merging into one.

 

She grabbed his head and crushed it on the floor. It was really a pity, but what she was doing was not killing him. Only helping the balance of the universe, she tried to find something in herself that made her feel guilty. There was none. 

 

As he stood on shaky legs, all the conscious persons heard someone opening the door. It did not distract her, she put all her force in one leg and as she heard someone screaming.

 

“No!” It was a more mature one, raspy and deep. She noted how it was modified, and that did not stall her. With a kick, she exploded his head. Leaving the body utterly useless. “What have you done!” Everybody surrounded her with some type of weapon.

 

“You just kill somebody!” A man in his twenties with black hair, the domino mask did not let her see his eyes. His bodysuit was black with blue. 

 

“You can not kill somebody that has no soul.” That startled everyone. 

 

“Tt. What you are implying is highly impossible.” She looked at him with a stoic expression. 

 

“I do not hope you understand, at least not yet.” A woman gasped in the door, then she laughed.

 

“Talia” “Mother” The man in a black hoodie and grey bodysuit who she will name bat furry and the black cat soul holder said at the same time.

 

“The holder of creation, to what do I owe this honor?” Ladybug looked at her, passing through her body into her soul. So sick, so fragile, so…

 

“So weak.” Everyone looked at her surprised. She was not talking about the woman, was she? Did she have some death wish? “Poor little soul, so fragmented.” The little girl’s eyes looked iridescent once more.

 

“Fragmented!” The green-eyed woman looked horrorized at that. She knew the lazarus pits were dangerous, but that much? A fragmented soul meant only one thing.

 

“How lonely it must be to not have a soulmate. If you keep using them you will die a horrible and violent death.”.

 

“Repaired it.” She demanded with furious.

 

“Don't want to.” The girl in the red armor said smiling. 

 

“It is your job!” That was not true.

 

“I have many responsibilities. Maintaining balance is one, that is why I destroyed him.” She pointed to the smashed body. “And that is why your soul was fragmented, to keep balance. I will not disrupt it.” Some of the batboys tried to sneak upon her. 

 

“You will have to come with us.” Batman said, sneering at her. She shrugged and jumped out of the circle.

 

“You have no manners.” She touched the floor twice with the heel of her feet, but in reality whispered a word. Then a portal to the batcave was seen. “Oh, look what I found.” She snickered. And change the place into an alley where Red hood was seen and looked startled at them. “Who is this?” She laughed.

 

“What the-” Before the man could finish she changed it to the Teen Titans main room.

 

“So rude. Is this important to you too?” She looked at them innocently and then turned a serious face. “Do not play games with me. Be glad I saved his life. I turned here just because his life was about to cease.” The leader’s heart stopped for a second, as did the first son’s. The younger in the room nodded ashamed. “Until further notice…” She met a dominio green mask. “Robin.”

 

The scene changed various times. They probably saw fifty changes, so they did not know where she would be until the portal closed. She observed where she had to be now. There was a cloudy sky, the sun was about to rise. The mansion looked antique, there was a main building at the center and at its sides were two identical and smaller ones.

 

She walked in the back garden, there was a comfortable silence. Ladybug smelled the roses, the dew freshly in the grass, lavender and rosemary. She followed the path until she stumbled upon a boy that looked too much like Adrien. There were differences, his hair was much shorter, his face was leaner and he was taller. 

 

He was leaning against a tree, a book in his lap. Sleeping but with pain in his face and a hand unconsciously in his heart. The heroine had no doubt that had she not had Tikki, she too would have died. Because it looked like every true holder was dying. 

 

Like she did with Robin as she pushed him out of the way, she concentrated some of her energy in her palm. A small ball, pin-pon sized, forms in it. It was glowing in a soft red, she put it in his chest. His pain vanished and with it all the tension.

 

“Who…” He fell asleep immediately as he barely opened his eyes. Marinette was glad that he was easier than the other one. 

 

*Incoming message*

***-****-****: 

Where the HELL are you Qingling!!!

 

 

Notes:

What did you think??? Did you like it??? PLEASE, I really want to know you opinion. Specially in this chapter.

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Chapter 13: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 13: Whole Ladybug.

Summary:

Marinette needs an explanation before she explodes. A lot happened and it was making confusing her beyond the ponit of her existance.

Notes:

Here we go! Another chapter. Thanks for reading this ff. And thanks for leaving comments and kudos. No matter how short they are, they make me inmensily happy.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Be like a flower. Survive the rain but use it to grow.”-Brian Ford

 

She made one more stop, to Chloé, to explain that she had more duties than just saving Paris from Hawk Moth. Yes, it took priority, but if it was not an immediate danger then she would tend to other things. The blonde had asked about the blood, she lied and said it was a sign that something else needed her attention.

 

When she finally stepped into her bedroom, there was no sign of someone searching for her. She knew it was her Nâinai trusting her. And far from feeling alone, which she was not with two kwamis with her, thank you very much. She felt better than she had ever felt before. Energy buzzing underneath her skin.

 

“Tikki, Kalki. Divide.” She de-transformed, calming a little but not much. She honestly felt as if she was seeing everything behind a fog. Here but not entirely. Though someone was talking to her, who was it?

 

“Marinette!” The girl slowly stood her glance in the red and black dotted figure. “Walk with me!” She took note of how the little god was guiding her by taking her hand. They walked, well she did Tikki fly or float.

 

“Hey Tikki. Do you fly or float?” The gaze of the old creature changed, maybe she was worried. “Oh, you do not know it either! Do not worry, someday you will.” She patted the head.

 

“Let’s just hurry.” They hurry until they leave her room, the living room, the stairs. Finally they arrive at the park. “Marinette, I need you to concentrate on my voice and do exactly as I say.” She giggled at that.

 

“Tikki, the park is closed. It is three in the morning.” She giggled more.

 

“Marinette, nod if you can hear me.” The bluenette nodded and the kwami exhaled relieved. This was going to turn ugly if she could not return to her normal self. “Marinette, seat here.” The girl felt the wet grass from the chilling night. With her hands she felt the energy that the plants around her exuded. “Inhale deeply and exhale with equal force.” 

 

In her first inhale, she could distinguish the sharo smell of the freshness of the night. Uncharacteristically because this was a city, but it was still there. As she exhaled she felt something leaving her. In her second intake, she felt more out there. She could feel the lives of every animal and human. As she let out the breath, her mind began to clear more. In her third time, this time she could feel the water as if it was alive. As she blew out, the fog left her. Still she continued one more time, and this time she felt an overwhelming presence, something so big and vast she could not imagine what it was.

 

“Better?” She opened her eyes, realising a lot of things. First, Tikki looked preoccupied. And second, she was freezing. 

 

“Yeah, but what was that?” The kwami looked bashfully at her. 

 

“We call it, energy high.” High? As in drugs? Was what the girl thought. “It is not immediate danger, but you can do stupid things under the influence.” She shook her head.

 

“Let’s head somewhere where we can get cozy.” She received a grateful stare, even if she was just the embodiment of a concept, part of her was physically in this world.

 

When they arrived, she watched as Kalki was waiting with a smile on his face. Even if she acted all high and mighty, she still cared. She turned on the heater in her room. Spring was approaching too slowly for her taste. Even if there was only a week left.

 

“Marinette, what I am telling you is something that I already suspected. I tried to avoid it but there was nothing I could do.” The chinese nodded. “Thousands of years ago, a man was capable of unbounding his soul from his body. On this astral trip, he made contact with us and we were ecstatic that someone could finally talk with us. Sensing this desire, he created special jewelry from a rare metal, bounding us to it afterwards. Still, even if we were able to communicate with them. No one could truly really hold us.” The ten year old frowned at that.

 

“Is this related to the whole ladybug thing?” Tikki nodded.

 

“For humans to survive the rush of power. We lend them a part of us that was infused with their soul. There were permanent consequences. Holding the miraculous and being the sole holder of that part of us, no matter how small we tried to make it, was too much. This forced us to give it to various persons, so it was balanced in a way that did not affect our true holders.” She relaxed a little, when Tikki told her the other day there were more holders, she thought she was just lucky to have her. 

 

“How does this relate to the dreams, to what happened today, to what I did in the park?” The fairy-like creature smiled with melancholy.

 

“You know, it's so rare when the part I gave up just goes to two souls. It is more rare when one of them dies. But what happened yesterday? That was something I did not expect- no I did not want to happen. Yesterday four true holders were supposed to die. First the ladybugs, then the cats. You beat the odds, you are so strong it amazes me.” The bluebell eyed girl blushed.

 

“You said four, but I only saved two. Did the other ladybug die?” At the nod she got, her heart squeezed with guiltiness, not only because she did not save her or him, but because she survived. 

 

“It was not your fault, you could do nothing. My little sprout, you were the first Ladybug to absorb the other part of me and not die.” She stilled at that. “Normally the part that dies of me is small, and it did not affect them. When it is a large part, they die. Yes, there is the first Ladybug, but there is a difference between being borned with it and the part being forced into your body.” This was the reason for her power, she realised. For Kalki not needing to refuel and being capable of using voyage repeatedly.

 

 “What did I do with them? With the cats? The small ball of energy.” Marinette had a suspicion, but even being trained by the best detective did not help you analyze a small god.

 

“You altered their lifespan. You gave them the creation energy that they needed. If you had lived without them, it could have thrown the Universe off of balance. So it was not a misuse. I will not lie to you, one of the reasons that you did not die was because the first ladybug was your ancestor.” The laugh died in her throat, destiny was really crazy. “The other reason is, someone or something wants you to live. For some reason you are important for this universe. Maybe even crucial.” A sigh was heard on both of them at the same time. They almost smiled at it. 

 

“Thanks I guess, to whoever saved me.” She said into the air awkwardly.

 

“It is going to be so difficult. I can't even number all the changes you will go through because of this. The first ones made themselves known already. You know things you should not, see the souls and the very life of the persons and things, and the final one is the accumulation of creation energy that causes you to get high.” She bit her lip out of nervousness, she could get her own conclusions and wanted to just grab the sheets and create a cocoon of warmth. If Tikki confirmed them, it just made them real.

 

“Did I realize that pent up energy? To the plants and living beings that were near?” The blue-eyed god nodded.

 

“It will not be the first time it will happen, and the safest thing is to release it to plants in extreme cases to animals. It will make them more healthy and increase their lifespan.” Marinette nodded resignedly. 

 

“That is why I am not exhausted right now, no?” The girl was normally in pain even in parts of her body she did not feel before. 

 

“That brings me to another change. You will lose your need to sleep.” That bolted Marinette right from her comfy chaise.

 

“What! But I love dreaming!” It was normally very pleasant and brought her a lot of inspiration. “Wait, you said need. I still can sleep, can’t I?”

 

“Exactly, you can sleep and dream. But it does not change anything.” Maybe that was not so bad. She did love feeling all relaxed or sleepy and cozy, but she could use that time for another thing. “Giving energy will do the relaxation thing. Even better if you do yoga at the same time!” That did sound relaxing, maybe she could have breakfast, then head to the park to do yoga and finally head to the school to her jiu jitsu class or to her house to shower and have the baking lesson.

 

“Anything more?” Maybe she could bring the best out of this situation, well she had to. It would not change.

 

“A lot of things Marinette, but we will cross that bridge when it is time.” She nodded and fidgeted a little. 

 

The little girl analyzed her new room. It was perfect and ironic. The greys and whites she had chosen from the start contrasted with the emerald green, at the same time it brought together the design she had sent. An emerald green she had seen in a blonde today.

 

“I asked for this natural woven basket for you. You can have your nest here.” The small god got all bright from the excitement.

 

“Oh, thank you! I really needed this, instincts getting all fuzzy.” That made the girl pause.

 

“I will not need a nest, will I?” There was a deafening silence. “Right Tikki?” No answer. “Tikki!”

 

“I do not know. I do not want to deny or confirm anything because you are a special case Marinette.” A large groan was heard. 

 

“This could not get worse.” It could, Tikki thought. So many things could change.

 

“Hey, that means you do not need to sleep?” The beatle nodded.

 

“Yes, I do not need to. But it is still a necessity to have a space with my scent on it and it sort of feels like a cocoon. Plus I do need to get all warm or I will disappear.” She took notes of all the things she listed that could affect her user.

 

It took little to realise that when she meant ‘lose you need to sleep’ it was not slowly, gradually. No, it meant right away as if now. And she hated having time in her hands, with nothing to do. So she took some old clothes and created new ones from them. Then she started with all the fabric she had. She started to make some simple things like pans and t-shirts. In various sizes and designs, they will be given later today at the soup kitchen for those who needed them. 

 

As the time passed, she fell into a comfortable pace. Maybe she could include designing to the AI she was creating, so it could help her with some minor tasks. She loved all the process of designing, and giving this to those who really needed gave her a new purpose, but she still was packed with things to do. In both her civilian and hero life.

 

She finished packing all the clothes in boxes she had found abandoned in her new walk in closet. She picked them up, feeling them much lighter than she thought, another side effect she was sure. Once everything was ready in the living room, she baked some brownie cookies for Tikki. Some she left there for right now, the goddess pouncing in them, some she packed in her purse for later. 

 

There the people that were supposed to take care of her stood. Nervous about the reaction of the baby girl they were working for. If she was too angry, they would lose their job and it would be problematic. 

 

“One from the League of Assassins, one from the Red Room and another from the now turned dark Order of the Miraculi.” All of them froze and looked at each other, were they enemies? Their soulmates were not who they thought they were. The three of them took position. Ready to pounce on each other but conflicted in their eyes. “How sad. I do not take disloyalty very easily. One, you already demonstrated you are incapable of fulfilling a mere task of looking at a child. Two, you are doubting if to side with your organization or with your soulmate. Three, you are small minded and can not see a solution to your problem. And four, you dismissed me as if I was not a threat.” That made them wary of the little girl. “Make your decision, I will help you get out of it or you fight till one of you survives.” The three of them stood there thinking, as she loaded the car with the six boxes. 

 

*Incoming call*

Sherlock Holmes

Notes:

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos. Let me know what you think about this! I hope it cleared somethings for you of the last chapter.

Chapter 14: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 14: Camarade.

Summary:

Marinette is more hurt than she will let others know, but she let's herself feel remebering what she has gained.

Notes:

Okay, I am having trouble going from this point to when she meets the boys. I re-write and re-write but it feels like I am ruching it or forcing it. So it will take some more chapters but we are almost there guys!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

“Let go of those who hurt you, because they will notice when you are gone.”

 

Sherlock asked her if she already knew who the women with her, she laughed and joked with him until she took a serious tone and asked him if he was spying her. He said he had his ways and that it was for her good. A ‘Just admit you are worried for her Sherlock’ was heard in the back followed by a ‘Shut up!” and a ‘Just adopt her already’. It was funny.

On her way to the soup kitchen, she looked at the park where she had freed her energy, there were wild flowers in every inch of the grass. The trees were in full blooming in a perfect rainbow of colors. Birds were chirping and people seemed to be enjoying the day overall, it was sunny but heavy puffy white clouds moved slowly. 

It was the perfect day.

It only went up from there, because a little kid was akumatized in the cutest akuma she has ever seen. The little girl was so pacific it was laughable. She did, while playing with the little girl. She created clouds with shapes and was capable of eating them to recharge. Everyone was having a blast with her. 

It was when her break was close to ending that she finally de-akumatized. The little kids looked at her with puppy eyes of betrayal, she bought them cotton candy in return. It was white and as she talked with the vendor he said that the akuma gave him the idea of making shaped cotton candy.

She smiled tenderly when in the afternoon they went to the children’s hospital and those who could they took to ice skating. All of them were laughing and smiling, having fun. The bus they had paid for took all the kids back, she smiled and thanked Philippe Lambros.

“Nonsense Mademoiselle Marinette. It was a pleasure seeing all of them so happy. I was surprised to see the daughter of the mayor, but if she enjoys ice skating then it will lower the probability of her wanting to replace it with a mall.” M. Lambros was preparing to leave when she made the connection.

“Do you know someone named Neander?” He jumped in surprise and nodded slowly.

“He is my nephew. He was in Greece until her mother died during the winter break. His father is not in the picture so I took him with me, here to Paris. He was not happy at the beginning, but now he had more friends and he even found his soulmate. He is returning to his playful self once again.” At least it was better. “Do not think he did not mention you. He adores you for how much you have helped Kagami, and talks about you as much as he talks about the petit fencer.” She blushed a little. “I close till twelve, you are free to skate more if you wish.”.

She did, but only because she was frustrated with two things. One, she was no good and the second, it was strange how she felt more cold than the last time she was here. 

As she stepped into the ring, she observed a little girl about her age. She had a lilac dress that seemed to float and swing every time she danced. Her hair was so white she almost mistook her for having albinism, but her eyebrows were much darker and her eyes were a pale blue mixed with gray. Molten silver on occasions, but they mostly reminded her of a diamond. She was flying, not dancing or skating. She was graceful and made a lot of complicated tricks. 

The bluenette centered herself in her own movements. Trying at first with baby steps near the edge where the railing was. She felt three times before skating enough time without falling that she gained courage to go faster. She felt more time she could count, and it turned to the point that the trainer was looking at her pitifully. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was the little girl.

“You have good strength, but your form is wrong. You maintain a different balance. You already have a straight back posture, but you have to bend your knees a little, the movement you have to make is a ‘V’ with your foot.” The platinum blonde helped her get into the shape while she was talkin, even demonstrating the movements. 

She tried as she was told, it was much better and it helped her a lot. She was now faster and had more equilibrium. The girl instructed her in a lot more things. She taught her how to skate in reverse, how to stop with a turn and even with her feet in front of her in that cool move that was shown in movies, where the ice is cut and you splash snow everywhere.

“Merci beaucoup! You were of great help, I was getting frustrated.” The little girl did not smile back, just a cold impassive face.

“I do not like when people act.” Marinette threw her head back and laughed profoundly.

“I mistook you. Even if my cheerful act was false the words were not.” She let her real smile shine, a playful and mischievous one. “Marinette Qingling Mao.” She extended her hand.

“Isleen Ekaterina Eira.” The girl took her hand. She hummed, it was often noble families in the past that bestowed second names to their children. Nowadays, the powerful families in the world focus more on the meaning. “What college do you attend?” The noirette shook her head.

“School.” Her diamond eyes widened a little, almost imperceptibly for everyone, but not to the asian girl.

“A Mao is attending a public school. That is news, but I imagine there is a good reason. Afterall, I too am attending school tomorrow, though my family is known for that.” The Eira clan was known for three reasons. Their cold attitudes that matched their looks, their lethal soul bond that frost everything within ten feet around upon activating and finally their history with the Arcane Noetic Academy. 

“We have the same goal afterall. That Academy.” That made a spark in her eyes ignite. They looked like stars with that shine. 

“It is the fastest way to reach any goal, but not the easiest way. How are you going to do it? How many languages do you already speak? What is your favorite book? Have you already started the social service?” Isleed asked in a calm and passive voice, the elegance polished to perfection.

“No, it is not easy. I am already working on my goals. I am learning my fourth language. I like ‘Ego is the enemy’ by Ryan Holiday. I have already started, my school has a program to help others and a variety of clubs.” The snow girl had fire in her eyes at this point with her answer.

“Can I open new clubs?” The scottish girl was already in a school, but Marinette guessed it was all probable with the money and connections she had at her disposal.

“Yes, I recently opened two clubs. Fashion and language. I imagine I am going to see you soon?” When she confirmed with a nod the bluenette smiled pleasantly.  

“Yes. I will talk with my parents, though I doubt they will say no.” They continued to skate together, at one point Qinling started to try flips and other tricks she could do with her gymnastic background. They were together until it was time for both of them to go. 

Marinette arrived at the bakery, no sign of her parents on the first floor. Climbing to the second floor, the only sound being the jiggling of her keys she entered, everything was peaceful and dark. Lighting up the kitchen and living room she made her way to the refrigerator and started taking out ingredients. Pork, rice flour, green onion, leeks, garlic, oranges, soy sauce, eggs and oil were slowly brought together to make pork dumplings. 

She made enough for herself and even her parents. She arranged the seats and left the food there covered. By the time they arrived it would be cold but at least they had something ready to eat. 

Making her way to her room, she changed into a pair of recently made pajamas. It was qipao inspired and made of silk. The pants made it to half her calf and were also loose. She started making a new outfit and then studying arabic. Alternating between the two until she felt her energy was too accumulated.

“Tikki, let us go to the park.” The kwami left her nest. After the akuma attack Marinette knew there would not be another attack, so she let her return here upon her request. “Tikki, spots on.” Her hair, usually in space buns, was now in high pigtails. Her hair also changes from blue to an ink black that has the tips blood red.

She charged through the night, admiring what was hidden in the shadows. Paris was a city of nocturnal life, had many lights on so the people could see where they were going. Still, it had this duality. It had all these beautiful districts, attractions and secure streets, but also had poor parts of the cities. 

It was as she was passing an alley she heard a scream and cry for help. She debated between helping or not, afterall her job was to defeat Hawkmoth, not do the police job. They will be angry if she did anything and it was also against law and her role. With a final decision she just knocked down the man that was armed and got out of there. 

Arriving at a new and bigger park, she de-transformed behind some bushes. Walking to the center and appreciating the beauty of it. Dandelions, Lilies, orchids, queens of the night, cosmos and roses were the flowers she could identify. Bugambilias climbed walls, arcs and fountains. Both floral and frutal trees towered over her. 

In the center of it all, Marinette started stretching and doing breath exercises. Warming up to begin with yoga. It was rare not to be sleepy even after all the events that took place today and it was somewhat difficult making this a habit. Closing her eyes, she could still feel the vitality of the plants. Observing how all of them were connected. 

Freeing energy was easier this time, now that she was conscious not only about knowing what she would do but actually being in control of herself by not being high. It was a funny feeling, it was like opening a box that was tightly closed inside her. Like a river, the energy flowed from her into the plants. Carefully not touching any other living matter.

For whatever reason, this moment signifies more of a new start, a new life than what happened yesterday and today at dawn. And she also felt more out of the waters. Chloe thought it was easy to cut the ties that had once been between her and her loved ones. Friends and family. But the decision was painful, and it also hurt her, more than them treating her the way they did. And in this moment, she thought that with more palpable changes, new family, new friends and occupying all her time in different activities. It still hurt, yes, but it was more tolerable. 

It felt like coming out of dark waters, no longer drowning and they were not totally gone. But she had the strength to arrive at land safe and sound. To make it to her paradise. Yes, she was lighter, no longer a heavy weight of another one's expectation on her back. 

Returning to her room to change, she chose a soft peach skirt that reached just under her knees. It was of tulle with an underlying skirt that reached above her knees. A white long sleeved embroidered blouse with a beret and some cream espadrilles. Golden rose necklace with pearl earrings. Her hair for the time was in a french braid, after Jiu jitsu it will be loose. 

The practice went perfect and without hitches. Mme.Oliveira was happy with how fast she was advancing and swore to her that in the competitions she will gain the new belt, in which she will take her word for it and participate. Advancing as fast as she could was her goal.

When arriving at the classroom all the sheep were surrounding the row, which meant that somebody was sitting at her place and it infuriated her. They could not even respect her seat. And honestly, hearing the nassal pitched voice of Lyla was only making it worse.

“Excuse me.” She tried once, because she was polite and was better than these disrespectful snoozy kids. She cleared her throat and tried again. “Let me through please.” Nobody even turned around. Sighing in exasperation she tucked air in and whistled loud enough that everybody covered their ears and looked at her. “I said, please. Move!”

Her gaze was a painful steel that made them flinch and part at the same time. Lila looked at her with a very fake confidence facade. Advancing she took notice of someone that was in the free seat. Poor thing, of all the classes she had to ask to be here. 

“Hello Isleen.” The girl nodded with a millimeter smile, a playful and excited look in her eyes. Clearly enjoying the scene that had unfolded. 

She had a fashion sense. Her checked sailor pants in blue and lila, a baby blue waist blazer with a white blouse that had a squared collar. Her jewelry is in silver and white moccasins. Her messenger bag is the same white. A blue beret in her head and her hair in a low ponytail. 

 

*Incoming message*

***-****-****:

Found you.  

Notes:

Isleen is one of my favorite own characters. And speaking of the characters. I forgot to mention somethinig about one, Eva Gauthier is a conmemorative one physically and named based on one of the OC in the fanfiction Seeing green by LadyAnput. Her ending was a heroic one, but it does not mean I could take it!!! This is me honoring that character.

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Chapter 15: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 15: Rising

Summary:

The newspaper grows in popularity, in some ways Marinette had not even planned.

Notes:

I am so excited for this chapter!!! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I liked writing it. We are almost there, the boys are going to meet her in a few more chapters. I just have to cut somethings loose and transition from her being ten to w¿the age when she meets them.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

Fashion is what you buy. Style is what you do with it.” -Nicky Hilton

 

Isleen had joined a lot of clubs, which were the literature, fashion, language and volunteering clubs. Although she created her own one, the ice skating club, that had rigorous training. From six thirty to eight thirty in the morning, then it resumed in the E.P class. And then from six thirty in the morning to eight thirty in the morning. Monday to Friday she was beating them into shape with the help of Philippe who was almost crying at having more students. 

 

The girl had her eyes set in her goal, which was being the leader of her family, like her mother was. She wanted to demonstrate that she could be as capable as the great Ailith Rhona Eira. So she had come to Paris only with her nanny and bodyguards, but for the most part she was like Marinette, taking care of herself. 

 

If one asked Marinette how the daughter of Eira had been admitted into clubs that were full, she would have lied. Because it was obvious how she had, but who was the heroine to tattletale into people she did not even like. And she was smirking internally with a sunshine smile facade when she answered them everytime. 

 

Even if the scotish was a person of no-words with everyone, they had easily accepted her. She was quiet and sometimes cold, but meant no ill and actually helped a lot. The children loved her and she had an eye for which trees were better to plant in which area.

 

Three weeks into March, and they were having the times of their lives with the newspaper. The fashion competition was well seeked and others had actually started to change their style in accordance with the news. They even had started a instagram page which was called one minute. Which gave interviews to students who won medals, competitions, awards or had submitted great papers explaining some papers or even answered silly questions. Like why does the moon appear more orange sometimes?

 

When they first announced their competition she had bribed the radio club once again. Although they did tell her the food was a plus, because it was interesting hearing her point of view in advance for the topics they will discuss in their next air sesion. Half the school had come wearing interesting clothes, including the literature club because it was their idea even if they could not participate, and everyone in their breaks had interviewed and taken photos. 

 

The theme was the song, ‘Boss Bitch’ by DojaCat. Marinette had dressed with blush red cherry pants with a turtle neck black top with long sleeves, some combat boots over the pants. Her hair in two french braids with ribbons and her fingers full of rings. 

 

There were three winners. A transgender girl wich had some killer fabulous white boots, a plated red skirt, a white top with that showed her stomach. She had her ginger hair in a high ponytail and a silver jacket that hung low mid armed. She had asked her for classes on make-up, because it was done to perfection. The condition was that she waited to grow up more, her skin was too baby and did not need it.

 

The second winner was a curvy girl that made her red tight dress from vegan leather. It was a straight strapless dress that reached just above her knees. Her dark hair was straight and loose topped with a breton. She had some ankle high heeled boots in the same material and color. Her make up was mostly natural, except for the cat eyeliner and red lips.

 

The third one was a girl with a beautiful red hiyab, some palazzo pants in the same color with white tennis and a white cotton shirt. She bore no make-up but her beauty was outstanding. A tote bag in a different shade of red.

 

The three of them had something in common, the bright shades of red and the different way they represented and enveloped the power. There was an honorific mention of a guy that had used all black leather except for his deep blue cotton t-shirt. He was even posing in front of his motorcycle. A beautiful Harley Davidson Fat boy. 

 

Everyone had complimented Marinette’s outfit. Some of them lamented she was not able to compete, but the literature club honored her by posting her photo with the moto guy on Instagram as an advertisement. To say it was a boom will be little. Everybody was talking about her and the guy, they did look like a big brother and little sister. Calling the heir of Mao, cute, beautiful and future woman’s leader. 

 

The second time it was inspired by cartoons and it was a team competition. She chose Buttercup from the powerpuff girls. An oversized military cut overshirt and oversized boy shorts that were a toxic green with black vertical stripes. Underneath them were a tube top and jam slim shorts in black. Military black boots with green vibrant laces. Her hair was blacked with tint and then she added green rays. 

 

Isleen had dressed as Bubbles, she had a pleated dress in baby blue, large socks that went mid thigh, a white fur jacket and a blue bonnet. Her hair was in two buns and had blue ballerinas. Claude, being a ginger haired guy decided he was fitted to play the role of Blossom and opted for a soft pink turtleneck t-shirt that was underneath black pants and some loafers in black as well. Even adding some glasses because he was ‘The intelligent one’.

 

There were three teams that won. The Scooby Doo team. They did a modern version of them and it really caught eyes, if they were not together you would not know it was inspired by them. Then a Winnie Pooh team, they looked super soft and cute. Most dressed in sweaters. And finally an Adventure Time one, from there her personal favorite was the representation of Marshall and Bubblegum prince. It was formal and overall something someone would have used in a charity posh party. There was another honorific mention from a trio of guys who were being funny and dressed as the Total Spy Girls. They were funny outfits.

 

Marinette, Isleen and Claude posed with another team that had the rowdyruff boys as theme. The photo was again used as a promotional campaign in instagram, it gained popularity again. It seemed all the school had clicked on the like button and started following the school news’ instagram. 

 

The third time was themed as nature, she made a dress inspired in lavenders, and because every outfit she had updated in her official page for Zumarud, there were some requests for the dress. But a woman specifically asked for it, she was Louane, a french singer and she wanted to pay extra so it was a design only worn by her. 

 

The little girl’s dress had bell sleeves in an off-shoulder way. And it was a soft lilac instead of a deep purple for the woman’s dress. There was a double fabric, a silk one underneath a sheer one. There were lavender petals in the bodice that grew smaller as it went down to the skirt. Hers ended above the knees for being a child. The singer’s one was strapless and went to the floor, with an opening showing her leg. 

 

It was convenient that the day of the competition was on a fancy festival the school organized for fundraising and was open door. Anyone could come, so many people were surprised when all the resident students were dressed in tuxedos and dresses. From the theme it was almost like a sort of dance or something along that line.

 

Marinette was proud that two of the three winners were from her fashion club. If she had enough of them not winning and making their outfits, she was not going to say a word. Kagami and Neander looked so cute together, their outfits were inspired by the waves of the ocean. Kagami actually had asked her if they could wear it again for a charity party, she already had the permission from Tomoe. 

 

Allen and Eva’s outfit were based in thunderstorms. Eve’s dress was slitted till above her hip, exposing her stretch marks that were even more marked with silver paint. Both were a grey-ish deep blue that had an electronic device that was hidden and every three steps lighten up jagged lines. 

 

The final pair was somewhat cute, it was based on monarch butterflies. She supposed that it was a bold move because of the fear that Le Paillon had caused, but overall wearing orange was a wild move. One dress was princess cut style and the other a mermaid one. 

 

This time the rest of the fashion club and the writing club were side by side in the promotional photos. The newspaper selled at lightning speed, not only by the students but everyone that had assisted the festival. Student’s from other schools began to follow the page. 

 

Now, it is to say that the fashion show was not the only idea that raised the writing’s club. They began to cover the matches the school had in their webpage, Marinette even going as far as winning sponsorships because there were families that could not go directly to it and at least they could be there in that way for their sons and daughters. It was especially helpful when school’s that were not from Paris compete with Dupont or vice versa, when they travelled outside of Paris.

 

The stories in the newspaper that were published part by part were gathering a very well formed fan base. The first covered the little kids with adventure and fantasy, then there was a horror and mystery story, there were romantic poems, satir, and there was even a comic now that Marc had affiliated with his soulmate Noah Darrow. 

 

But the thing that had gained the local news attention and she even dared to say the world’s attention, was when she had proposed the theme of Avengers. She had planned for months the design she was going to create, as she had decided to base it in the worldwide famous Iron man. 

 

It was supposed to stay between the school grounds. Maybe the few external people who followed the page will find out. She did not expect that her design would gather that much attention. She expected that some people would laugh and call it cosplay.

 

But when she designed the high heeled boots that reached above her knees with the actual function of flying and the overall like metal suit that had shorts instead of pants, some gloves that may or not shoot possible letal beams and some glasses that were connected to her AI with some headphones that amplify her hearing ability. Well, hell broke loose.

 

She had arrived that Friday like any other. After her jiu-jitsu class Marinette crossed the door to her aula. Mme.Bustier smiled uneasy to her, now knowing that she could not say anything to her because the director will always side with the asian, it got to the point that the director just shut her up every time the girl was mentioned by her. 

 

The heir of Mao looked at her classmates. Isleen, Sabrina, Chloé and her were the only ones that followed the requisites for the fashion day. The question was, were they purposely not doing it or were they so close up in their own group that did not notice. 

 

Chloé whistled at her when she passed. Yeah, with her high ponytail and that outfit, the taps every time she walked. She looked like a ten year old badass mini nerd. No one else even noticed until Max choked in water.

 

“Is that inspired by Ironman?” He asked and she nodded and he scrutinized her design.

 

“Oh Marinette, you should have told me you wanted to dress as Ironman. Afterall, I helped him design it. You got a lot of things wrong. If you give it to me I can help you correct it.” Lyla, the nasal voice monster, said to her in what was supposed to be a sweet tone but sounded more constipated than anything.

 

“No thanks. Afterall, it is inspired by, I am not replicating the suit exactly. The suit is designed for me in this form.” Max looked somewhat impressed, but he got that look when he was thinking he could do it better. Alya skirmed in her seat, because her bestie had not shared those details. 

 

That was only in her classroom, but when she arrived at her club, the praises were screamed. The girls loved the boots, wanting some for themselves and the boys loved the fingerless gloves. They screamed in surprise when she started levitating with the boots. They went to the park and started recording her doing some tricks. People that were there stopped to see her in amazement. Making awe sounds and leaving money because they thought it was a street  performance.

 

It felt incredible to fly, it was a different experience from swinging in her yo-yo or teletransporting with Kalki. She was having so much fun, until they uploaded it on instagram and the new twitter page, it went viral in minutes… until it left Paris, then France and finally was an international video. 

 

A lot of people wanted an interview, but she had given it to her friends and club. Soon news all over the world were citing it as a source and questioning if she had some relation with the billionaire auto proclaimed philanthropist playboy. She had given a second interview to diffuse that rumor. 

 

The hashtags #Ironman #TonyStark #DaughterOfStark #GirlGenius went viral for days and even more in Paris. So of course it gathered attention from the right people. Or wrong people if you thought about it like Marinette did. 

 

*Danger*

Room has been compromised.

Five intruders. 

Notes:

Did you liked it? Did you expected that she will dress up as Ironman? Wht do you think it will happen next? Leave it in the comments!!!

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Chapter 16: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 16: Not my cup of tea.

Summary:

Marinette get some unexpected but totally welcomed intruders in her room.

Notes:

My god. I am so excited writing the meeting!!! We are almost there. I am writing as fast as I can.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Negotiation is like an Athletic contest. Momentum is Paramount!” -Dr. Jim Hennig.

 

Marinette arrived at her room with tranquility, not at all preoccupied with who had broken or what their intentions were with her. It was impossible for them to know she was Ladybug and the bats knew not even a name. Not even her apariane was the same. As she climbed the stairs and opened her door, she looked at the individuals that were glued on the roof. 

There were a bunch of little kids, they were all arguing loudly and did not notice her. It will be funny if- no who were we kidding. It was funny as hell. And only the fact that she wanted to remain unknown stopped her from laughing. 

When the video started to go viral, she had installed some more drastic measures in her room anti-burglars. There were censors for how many people were there and with her AI help she created some magnetic handcuffs that were powerful enough for an adult to not get free. A kid was less likely to be able to do it. And they only deactivated with her biological passwords. 

“I told you it was a bad idea!” An afro american girl yelled in english. She was thin but quite tall. Her clothes were some jeans with red sneakers that remsebled the Air Jordan ones. A red shirt that had an omenage to ironman. 

“And you still came!” A guy with blue eyes and brown hair answered. He had black jeans and leather boots. From the smell of it, it was real leather. And a deep dark almost black red hoodie. His baseball cap on the floor. 

“Mr. Stark is not going to be angry at us is he?” A younger boy that was much smaller and had brown hair and brown eyes asked. His clothes were some jean bermudas, graphic t-shirt and red bright hoodie. 

“Peter, you have to side with Riri and me. If we do not stand against him like a unity we are going to be devoured! We could barely hack the GPS to fry our trackers and Jarvis was really concerned for us. He already had baby monitors in our rooms and Pepper was no help against him.” She didn't knew how more stupid they could get. What if she had something recording after the alarm was sound. They were giving her all the information.

“Exactly! Before Mr.Stark gets her, we have to make it clear what she is going to get into. And get her on our side!” Riri was struggling into the magnetic cuffs while she said all of this.

“But… We are kids. It would be strange that he did not take measures for us. We are super-hero and in risk all the time. Besides, did we not get the monitors after Harley escaped and Riri exploded one of the Helicarriers of the Avengers”.

“Not the point!” “It was just one time!” They answered at the same time. It was comical. A beeping sound, but it echoed two more times. 

From the blue eyed boy, it came from his watch. On the girl was her blouse and from the brown eyed boy from a necklace. It was not long after two of the items stopped and from the girl in the middle, in the middle of her chest started to emit a blue light until a hologram was created. Revealing very pissed off Tony Stark.

“I am going to say this just one time. I am not mad, I just want to know where you are.”  Peter started to bite his lip in a nervous manner, Riri looked ashamed at being caught out and Harley just scoffed.

“You no longer control us!” The hologram looked at them more carefully.

“You were kidnapped were you not! This is war! Who dared to? I just need one name and every one of them will be dead in the next fifteen minutes and you’ll be here again. You are safe kids, do not worry.” Now all of them looked guilty. Here he was, offering to kill someone in their stead and they had the audacity of just preoccupying him. 

“We were not kidnapped…” Harley looked really red and had to actually turn his head to be able to say “We broke into someone’s home.” Tony laughed wholeheartedly. 

“I think I heard you wrong. Pepper! Come here and laugh with me!” They heard something, like high heels tip-toeing. Marinette moved without drawing attention and took a seat to enjoy the show. “Is it not funny that I will have to bail them out of reformatory?” He laughed sarcastically. “ You do not know how much trouble you are in! Wait. In which type of home are you in? Why are you bonded to a ceiling in… A teenager's room?” He did a 360° analysis of the room. He also missed her, but the blueprints for her suit did not pass. “You did not!”  The next three minutes where a mix of cursing.

“In our defense we just wanted to meet her. I mean, she did not even live in the states! She did it all from here and her parents are just bakers! Where did she get the resources? How can she really make it work without the Stark technology? I mean, Peter got bit by a spider, I found pieces of your suits and Haley saved your ass and you gifted him the technology!” So, they tried to rearched her and failed miserably. 

“A girl the age of Spidey-boy got you trapped? Damn, this gets better and better.” The man clapped his knee as he sat in a chair. “You could have waited till I brought her to the quarters. When she accepts-” Marinette laughed at that.

“Bold of you to assume I will accept.” Everyone looked at her, realizing for the first time that she was listening. Tony even jumped a little perplexed.

“How long have you been there?” Ironman looked at her impressed as he walked near.

“Since the very beginning.” She smiled innocently.

“Great! Pack your bags and free those kids. I will buy the tickets, your parent’s included so we can talk about the contract and see everything for themselves and yadda yadda.” It was quiet for some time.

“You are done?” The little girl stared at him dead in the eyes and that got him some goosebumps not even the vortex had given him. Still, he nodded. “You will not be buying tickets, for anyone. Period. I will not be your apprentice or whatever twisted way you call it. I bet you call them minions.” Harley snorted at that. “I have not a gram of interest in engineering. It was only the fashion part of the outfit that drew me to it.” The four of them were gaping at her.

“You did it just for fashion?” He clearly had not seen the interviews.

“Yeah, it was fun. But it was too easy. I like more challenging things” His blue eyes, as he was a hologram, closed slightly at her. 

“Let me get this right. A ten year old interested in fashion decided she was bored and wanted to see if she could replicate technology from a superhero. Actually succeeded in her first try, raising the interest of all her city. Gained international attention in a span of  a day, which results in  people having the audacity to call you my daughter and after said father presents to you. You just decided it was boring!” She was sure that a woman was cracking on the other side of this call.

“Yeah, that sums it pretty well.” It stays silent, except for the laugh of what she knows to be the infamous Pepper Potts. 

“How can you light everything on fire just for fashion?” He has this incredulous look like it did not make any sense at all. “I am Ironman!” The kids nodded at that. She just blinked at him like he was just another person in the world.

“So?” An indignant sound drew out from his lips. 

“I- You- Pepper!” This was fun. “Tell her something!” The woman was left cracking and unable to even form a whole word. “You can not just reject me! Who reached you first? I will pay more! Was it Steve? That little shit!” Her face gesture clued him in first.

“That man needs to go to jail for the monstrosity he wears. Everybody knows that he looks like the walking definition of american prom drunk date! I get that his country is the states, but really? Who told him? Just wear the flag! ‘What could possibly go wrong?’ Me being blind! That was what could happen! As Edna Mode said! You could do better honey!” Maybe he opened a can of worms he did not need opened but…

“Pepper. Get the adoption papers.” That sobbered the woman up from what was happening.

“For the millionth time Tony! You can not adopt children who still have parents.” He blew a raspberry. 

“As if they could win a case against me.” Her Nâinai will not be amused. 

And you will have to get in line.” That got him frowning.

“Against who?” Her phone ranged as if on cue.

“Marinette, my little rocker! You have to help me! Luka refuses to participate in this reality show in which at some point we will compete with the hoster in a cover war. I want to make a cover of ‘Friend like me’ from Aladdin. Those moves are super rocking!” She laughed and told him she could make the costumes but could not participate because she did not want anyone knowing her. He whined until she agreed if she could wear a mask and appeared like a boy.

“That was person number two in the line. You are fourth.” She said seriously and as if it was a normal occurrence someone wanting to adopt her.

“Was that Jared?” They were friends, had met in University and really like partying together. He often got him to perform at charity events or Avengers parties.

“He was. He is like my uncle. Dated his son for a time until he got all protective saying that I was too little. Though we were the same age.” After he got akumatized for the second time and Jagged was revealed to be his father. He took him to see all around the world with him on his tours. They sometimes talked but they remained as friends.

“Come one kid! This is a one chance opportunity. You have a future in Stark enterprises and those kids could be your little brothers.” He extended his hand to the kids trapped in the ceiling.

“I am older!” Riri and Harley yelled at the same time in an indignant tone.

“Yeah, I do not think so. She looks more mature and you are the ones that fell in her trap. What about all that I have taught you? You do not go out without your laser!” Pepper, who now could be seen as well paled at what he said.

“We did not leave without them! She sent an electromagnetic impulse that fried everything! If it was not because of how you protected our communicators we would not be even talking!” Riri exclaimed furious.

The hero looked back at her impressed and with more resolution. He was getting her as a minion as if it was the last thing he did. He was ready to die! Just try him. He got everything he wanted. There were exceptions like the Justice League and Bruce Wayne, he will get his revenge though.

“Can you free them? They still have seven years of contract.” She thought about it. Marinette really did not want to, they broke into her home after all. 

“What would I get in return?” That he looked offended she was even asking. As if Ironman had just not offered her an internship that could make her very rich considering she was a kid. “Offer me a great deal.” She smiled, like a shark that was out for blood.

“What do you want?” He asked warily, he better treat carefully, but what could go wrong? She was still a kid. She could ask for toys or even more technology.

“I will be returning to you, seven years with each person. I want a contract with you that stipulates that you can only wear the clothes that I make for the next twenty one years. That includes the person that is you plus one in every meeting, party, charity, gala, etc. And if you die at that time you will be buried with a suit designed by me as well.” There was a silence that hurt the ears.

“No. My image is important to me.” She nodded as if understanding.

“Then say adieu to your minions. They are now mine.” The heir of Mao did not even blink when she said that.

“You can not do that! That is kidnapping!” She shrugged.

“Let us see if you can find them. I have connections.” Pepper at that point looked preoccupied and done with everything.

“Mme. Dupain-Cheng.” The woman flinched at the glare she got back. “We can not agree blindly to this. Why do you not show us your portfolio?” She thought for a  moment and nodded.

“Search my website. Zumarud.” The woman gaped at her like she knew what she got herself into.

“I am emailing you the contract.” The little girl smiled. 

“Pepper? Is that the mark that the Mao Clan is wearing right now?” Oh, so the publicity was working. 

“Yes it is.” Tony sighed, resigned and passed his hand through his face.

“I agree. Free them now.” She nodded and with her watch programmed some discs that she took out from one of her hidden compartments. 

“They will be with you in an hour.” That got everyone a frown. And when she freed them she just attached a disc in their chests. “Enjoy the flight!”

 


 

An hour later Antony Stark heard a crash in his kitchen. There stood the three kids that had taken a plane to Paris without parental supervision. After a sermon of half an hour and taking them into their rooms with certain well deserved punishments he just took out his phone. 

 

*Sending Message*

Hot Wife: Pepper. Prepare to fight for custody.

Notes:

Did you liked it? What was your favorite part? Wht do you think it will happen next? Got any questions? Leave it in the comments!!!

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Chapter 17: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 17: Into place.

Chapter Text

 

“If plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters.” Chris Guillebeau.

 

Marinette had to talk to Tony, tell him seriously that he could not adopt her and that he was too busy otherwise. Somehow between Pepper, May Parker, Harley and her they made arguments that could make sense in his billionaire genius brain. He had settled in being her honorary uncle. And something about being able to get her custody a week in vacation and being able to visit her whenever he wanted with her ‘cousins’ at which the only one that had agreed had been Riri, the other two sounded horrified at the thought of having that type of relationship.

The dance with Jagged had gone incredible too, she had arrived on a Friday in the morning and left the next day at night. She had to admit it was a blast, specifically seeing Jagged getting smurf-ied. And boy was it a surprise how well Jagged had danced and beaten the other artist. The video was trending and it did not surprise her when Lila claimed that the boy in the video was her boyfriend. 

After getting more into spring, another side-effect had made it-self known. It was interesting, and overall preoccupant. She was passing one of the gardens that she had helped on a Saturday, getting the little children on a picnic when she spotted some cosmos. They were like fifty feet away, but she could smell them and it was just inevitable. She just went and smelled them like crazy until Isleen and Chloé had found her as if she was high as a kite. 

Overall it was preoccupant that she could identify where the best flowers were and identify if they were wilting, if they could taste delicious based on smell and even had the necessity of eating them. She had started to make flower extract smoothies, cookies, macaroons, syrups, ice creams, pies. Anything that could stop that constant need of just ripping a flower and munching on it. 

The brightside was that her cookskills were improving in the bakery club. Everybody liked to see what she was going to do next time. Would she try baseel next time? What about sunflowers? Maybe fruits the next time? The violet, lavender and white chocolate marble pie was excellent! Overall everybody was fascinated by her flower creations. You can call the bluenette a bitch, but she loved them so much that she did not even share the recipe with anyone. 

After a month of the internship in her parent’s patisserie, Damcolés had a great idea. It surprised everyone, because it indeed was a very good one. The administration club and baking club will work together and they will open a bakery in the school. He had remodelated one of the aulas on the first floor and opened a window to the exterior. 

To say her parents were annoyed was undermining it. They were furious about having shared their space with the students just to open a competitor just in front of them. The daughter just laughed in her mind at the irony and reminded them that they had wanted to open a bigger branch in the fancy part of the city. That had calmed them down. 

The club had extended to all the seven days of the week, she had munched on her lip, but M.Romano had told her it would be no problem that she assisted for just two days. It will make her flower desserts more special. And it did. 

The bakery had a grand opening in which all the students were required to attend. Not to buy but just to make sure it did not look like the school supported it. Marinette knew it was the fear for her that made the headmaster do all of this and even donated a couple of thousand euros so the first two hundred students or teachers that presented themselves there got a free dessert.

It had worked like magic, and if she used the radio, newspaper and web of the school to secure their success, who was to know? Cossette from the writing club revealed that she loved to eat and wanted to be a food scientist. Then she was officially the one in charge of the new  food column and the ‘Gotta try it!’ That was a special segment in which they will try new local restaurants.

The desserts of Marinette did not sell well at the beginning. After all, there were unusual flavors that did not go well with all the palettes. But after some degustations, promotions and the like, suddenly there were not enough, even with some for backup. 

It was without saying that they catered the new events of the school. Only the dessert part but it still counted. In every festival they reached the most selled food court. The bluenette had created a logo and uniform. With the savings of the opening they remodelated the design to go according to the theme and the constant money they made divided between the costs of ingredients, clothes and the rest was donated to the volunteering club along with some baked goods.

One weekend when she was cleaning the seine like she usually did on Sundays, her baker friends called her all anxious and she had to ask for permission to retire and ran to the school's bakery. In the stairs of the establishment, Mélanie was waiting for and she waved over enthusiastically, which was a very rare sight, and took her wrist and as they neared the entrance she saw a large line but also a crowd surrounding someone.

Turned out they were four kids and their mother. The boy looked like someone she was sure she knew but could not put her finger on it. Blonde hair and blue eyes, he was taller than the girls but she did not know if older. As Mél made the crowd part the photos and chat stopped. 

“Bonjour! Are you the one that made the flower desserts?” Her french was not the best and it took her a few times to reformulate the phrase so she could understand it.

“Oui, I speak english if it is easier for you.” All of them nodded happily that the conversation could be fluid.

“My daughter Matilda wanted to get to know you. She wants to be a chef in the future like her father and was very surprised with your inventions and wanted to try them but you only serve them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She will upload the review in her blog so you can have free publicity if you could make them today” That was strange, did they come to Paris just because of this.

“And you are?” The little blonde girl laughed and looked at her with stars in her eyes.

“I am Matilda Ramsey. I have a blog about food and I upload specials when we travel. We happened to be here on a short weekend trip and some of my french readers recommended this bakery to me. Like a must for their flower desserts.” That is why the boy seemed so familiar. They were Gordon Ramsey’s son and daughters.

“Okay, I will make you a batch of one of my favorite desserts.” She changed her clothes and cleaned her hands. It was time.

She got almond flour, whole flour, lavender extract she had prepared in advance, violet marmalade, white chocolate, salt, eggs, yeast, cream, sugar, whipping cream and started preparing the macaroon ice cream marmalade cookies. She began mixing, whipping and combining. When the violet marmalade ice cream was ready she made tiny balls and covered them in a soft caramel that solidified rapidly and then in a marshmallow cover. When the violet macaroons were ready she filled them with a white chocolate paste and collocated three of the lavender balls. Packing them she gave them to the blonde girl.

They left happy and when the review was uploaded the bakery exploded in popularity. Turning into a point that the tourists had to visit in Paris, because there were recipes you will never try once again because the menu was  always changing. Marinette was happy, because of this she had gained the president spot in this club as well. 

That night, when she was meditating in one of the most abandoned parks of the city, she mouled about everything that was happening. Especially about her new powers. She had started healing the life of plants, but even as she exhausted herself two hour in a row, it was starting to not be enough. It got to the point where Tikki started to teach her some techniques of magic. Small things that to be permanent it requires to constantly extract her energy. 

The first thing she created was a dimensional pocket, this meant that the bluenette could put inside her bag anything she wanted and it would not only have infinite space but would weigh nothing. If when Lyla ordered her cronies to ruin her homework and they emptied a soda and she had not activated it and it did nothing, well she had a good laugh when she gave it all to Mme.Bustier.

The next thing she experimented with was an interdimensional room that required more concentration, time and energy. For this she also needed a way to activate it, a way to enter through it from command. She decided that the door to her closet was the one. It worked so you had to open the door to the point it touched the wall and when you closed it again in the wall now appeared the room. 

There she kept things she really wanted to protect, like her commissions, the gifts from her grandmother, her sketchbooks, the violin her Uncle Sherlock had gifted her so they could have a duet, the outfit that was inspired in Ironman, the projector for her video calls with her Uncle Tony, the Sennheiser MD421 recorder along with a good Shure SM7 microphone from her Uncle Jagged and of course the potions for Tikki.

When that no longer worked because her body had grown accustomed to it, she started interfering with the children’s health in the hospital. She looked closely into her core life to see that she was not interfering much with destiny and fate, though Tikki reassured her that if she could alter their lifespan it was already known and authorized by them.

She was happy when she started seeing the children more animated and happy, no longer in that much pain nor with little energy. Their parents, she saw crying tears of relief when they noticed their improvement. It made her happy and relieved her,

The extent of her magic use was going to stop there, if it had not been for Master Fu practically throwing the miracle box at Marinette along with the Guardian’s responsibilities. He said he was too old and had already sacrificed a lot, not even giving her time to protest before he recited something in a strange language and the box was now hers. 

The little girl was furious, so much that she had called the police to report that an old man with no memories nor documents on him was found in the park in front of her house. They took him to an asylum in which she no longer bothered to know about him.

Being the guardian implied that she had more responsibilities, like taking care of sixteen little gods that acted like toddlers discovering the new world. To top it up she had to prepare potions almost daily and track lost miraculouses. The first one she retrieved with exit was the gemini rings, that were for some strange reason in the power of Gabriel Agreste and not in the Graham de Vanily family like they were supposed to. 

Because of the constant flow of akumas in which there were two per day. One in daytime and one in the middle of the night. She had to start patrolling in the night, and took her time from one to three in the morning. Sometimes she could prevent akumas purifying them before they hit their target and sometimes it was convenient so she arrived at the scene faster and observed.

She had fallen into an easy rhythm, enjoying the fact that she was never bored. If she needed human interaction she threw a slumber party or just connected with her friends. The clubs helped her, needing less and less interaction. And though she was packed with things to do, she always had time for the people she cared for. 

Soon enough with the people with whom she was similar age, she started being popular. Her parties in arcades, amusement parks and party centers were the talk of everyone. Those who she was younger saw her as the most adorable girl with a gift for organizing and leading and with those with whom she was older, saw her as someone who took them seriously and comprehend them. 

Everything was looking good, too good actually. And even though she was the literal embodiment of luck, not everything could go her way sometimes. Because sometimes things had to go wrong for them to fix themselves.

 

*Breaking News*

“We are soulmates” -Chat Noir says during an akuma attack.

Chapter 18: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 18: The start of something new.

Summary:

Marinette goes through changes, some more important than others.

Notes:

I am so sorry for not publishing the last week. But I was in bed with a major migraine. Those are awful, could not even open my eyes in the dark. Compensating this chapter is longer than what I like to update. Hope you enjoy it and find it as wonderful as it was to write.

I also have to make the clarification that everything I have shown I re-searched. Sometimes for hours, so many of the cultural aspects, marvel or DC related are not first hand knowledge. I hope I did not get anything wrong or offended anybody.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

“There is this sinking fear at the realisation of something new.”

 

Saying her love life was non-existent will be a lie. Because after all she had had a little crush on the Agreste blondie for about two weeks. In which her ex-friends had exaggerated and blew out of proportion the things. Yeah, sure. He was cute and a ball of happiness, but even she saw that he did not know how life worked. No matter that they were only ten, he romanticized everything. From love, to friendship and even family relationships. 

 

And overall, nobody really paid attention to what his real intentions were. Adrien thought he could get everything he wanted because he deserved it and nobody had ever told him otherwise. Even when his father had decided that he was to be tutored in his home, he had gotten his way into entering a public school and convinced his father. 

 

How had he even enrolled himself without an adult to supervise everything? Well, she thought about how Damoclés had listened to her without much problem. And even if that had helped her, it was clearly a red flag. Maybe he only saw the ceros in the check he would get.

 

After all the time her ex-gals had made her invest in that limpy guy, she was practically ready to move on. With a shameful desperation that had her build a shrine to Tikki just she could get out of that torture. And she had succeeded when she started dating Luka.

 

The boy was the twin of her, in that time, gothic friend. He was a little punk that had too much calm to stand Rose’s way of singing. And although he resembled his mother, she could see some plainly differences with Juleka that made no sense. 

 

She had truly loved him, for a ten year old that is, and it had hurt her when they discovered they were no soulmates. Neither had taken the step of touching the skin of the other to see if they were something. And when an accidental push had made them take that step, they were not it. They had remained like they were, it was not rare for people to not be with their soulmate. Because sometimes, it really took a lifetime to find them. 

 

Then he was akumatized and revealed he was the son of Jagged Stone, and it was like what finalized their breakup. They loved each other, in a pure way and no bond will deny that. But maybe, they were better like best friends or siblings. And with all the truths that were getting out, he needed me to be more a friend than a girlfriend. He had found that his sister was in reality his half sister, and after Jagged fought for custody seeing how much he was suffering as an emotional meta in a city that suppressed his emotions. 

 

Jagged had won the case of course, and even though her friend was getting a glimpse of his dream through his father’s. He was sad he no longer lived in a boat. No longer had his mother and sister with him. It hurt more because they could call him or visit and they never did. Alienated for something he was not at fault. His mother was the one feeling betrayed but his sister, like the dormat she was, followed into the steps.

 

So after all of this, to some prick that had watched a silly movie about soulmates and how the prince rescued the heroine and declared that they were soulmates. It was too much, she could not even make him renounce his miraculousness because of the balance. 

 

But the punch that she had given him was well deserved. It does not matter if the news were having a field day just because of her stunt. Even her, who dreamed of a love not perfect, but beautiful in its own way. A love that was not found, but built slowly from friendship and trust. Even she knew that it was impossible just knowing that person was your soulmate. 

 

The bond indicated the person, sometimes not even in a romantic way. But in a platonic one that told you. This person could be the most important in your life. It did not guarantee that it would definitely be no matter what. You could get rid of the person by just ignoring it and not taking the time to actually put in some effort. 

 

And she told him, not once, not twice. But all the time they encountered each other that they were not soulmates. That, not because he made himself an unnecessary bait, scapegoat, protector or knight in shining leather as he refers to himself, it would change things. And even if they were, she wanted nothing to do with him. 

 

The akumas were getting difficult to defeat, not because they were. But because Chat Noir was so incompetent she had to save him more times that not. It got to the point that sometimes she just left him to be and ridiculise himself in front of all the civilians. Even them were just getting uncomfortable with him, he was boarding in obsessive behavior.

 

As soon as she crossed paths with someone that was a true cat and he could do his role, she would snatch the ring from him. She knew that even if minuscule he had some part of Plagg’s soul artificially inserted. It was a necessity that Master Fu had incorrectly done, because it only allowed him to use the jewel, never to use his full potential. 

 

It was through some time that Marinette decided enough was enough. She did not have to endure this constant annoying partner. Who was foolish and after getting out of his fear of being a hero, just saw the glamorous side of the job. And after some maulling and a lot of tests. She tracked some of the true holders of the outer ring. 

 

Isleen was the first one she recruited, not only because she was one of the people she trusted the most, but because she had a very large part of Tirxx’s soul. It was incredible that the girl was one of the embodiments of illusion. but she could see it, when she told stories, when she danced, when she sang or told tales in the hospital. And overall, she was never tricked. Her name was Rénargente and she had a pristine white bodysuit that was covered with an armor that looked like ice. Her hair was in twin tails, with white fox ears and nine tails fully functioning.

 

The second she had brought was Allen, an overprotective big brother who was responsible for his family. He was all but in name the head of his house. It made sense, he was always there for his friends, family and soulmate. She remembered when someone had insulted Bingwen, oh boy they got into a problem. Marinette knew all the boys were sent to the infirmary with at least one broken bone and the hazel eyed boy had gotten suspended for a week. His name was Protège, and his jade-like armor made the green in his eyes pop out. The shell was big enough that not anyone could pick it up. He had stealth boots.

 

Then she made a decision of training and getting a trial period for Kagami and Chloé. Yes, they were true holders, but not the only ones. However they were the most necessary. It was better to get someone from the outer ring than the zodiac ones. Still, she did not fully trust them. The blonde had a black bodysuit and her armor in a brown-ish yellow that was formed by honey combs and with some impractical high heels that somehow worked for her. Her name was Vespina. The japanese had the same bodysuit, but her armor was samurai inspired. Red with golden accents and in her katana there was a dragon decoration in gold. 

 

Chat Noir could pout and throw tantrums all he wanted. If he was just going to stand there and be a nuisance, then at least she could use him as a form of maintaining the balance. Call her cold but it was necessary. Her team was necessary, and overall they were what Paris needed. 

 

She trained them during the lesser akumas, the ones that repeatedly appeared. Like Mr. Pigeon, Volpina, Camaleón, etc. They were category D, and she could actually leave them mostly alone. Slowly she shaped them into the role they got to take. After some time, she left them on their own with higher and higher akuma’s classes. Ladybug was always transformed when there were battles. 

 

She trained them so she only had to purify the akuma, she only presented herself when there were akumas AA, AAA and S. The citizens of Paris knew to evacuate when she made herself present. Unless they wanted to die, she could bring them back but it was a traumatic thing to remember. 

 

As Celestial Guardian, because when she defeated the dormant sentimonster, yes she restored the temple of the guardians, but that does not mean their lives will be spared. They lived for a brief moment, aging rapidly in the span of months. Su Han had barely managed to train her in all the boxes, the powers, the language and all there was to know about what she had to know.

 

She directed from the shadows, and what was even better. Because it was important to be Ladybug, but it was also as important to be the Guardian. And it helped her in having time to care for other responsibilities. Like establishing contact with Atlantis, Themyscira, Asgard, and Wakanda. 

 

She had to make herself clear that there was a whole ladybug in those corporations. The atlanteans were receiving, except that their king had no idea who she was. Transforming into her aqua version, a skintight black suit that when light reflected in it revealed  a scale pattern that revealed a red color. She had the speed of the sea people.

 


 

She had gone into the doors, and as the doors scanned her miraculous and revealed who she was. Everyone was in an uproar, because there was a new Ladybug! And she had made time to visit them. Arthur, AKA Aquaman, was so confused. When everyone bowed to her, he was even a little uncomfortable. More so when Mera told him to do it too.

 

“I am king.” He said laughing. At which even his mentor looked at him with apprehension in his eyes. At this he was nervous. “I am king?” He said with uncertainty. 

 

“And she is a Goddess.” Well, Tikki was. But she was not going to correct them. Marinette was human, but she was not at the same time. Saying that she had magic was wrong, but having powers or being a meta was wrong too. Arthur looked at her with an eyebrow raised. Being a demi-god was almost too egotistical. She was like the atlanteans, like the amazons, like the alien gods, or the royal bloodline of the panther. But different, like a new race. And slightly more powerful.

 

“It is okay. I will not require him to kneel after someone he does not believe in.” She smiled. Her long hair floating in waves around her. Her eyes are more blue than ever, almost iridescent and her sclera all black. “And definitely someone that he does not clearly recognize.” His golden brown hair glistened, but he looked at her warily.

 

“What are you?” He sensed her power, and she could see that he was attracted to it. Like the other creatures that normally surrounded her. Not because they liked her, but because they liked what she could give them. It was not on purpose, but because of something primal and instinctual. 

 

“I am vitality.” Not life, never life. That was the whole creation and luck concept. But she was what kept living beings moving. What gave them their instincts to survive, to keep living, to fight, to have strength, the power to grow. 

 

“And you all believe her because?” Ladybug smiled at him knowingly, the rest of the councillors looked at him almost like he was dumb. He felt like he had to prove himself or over again.

 

“You can feel me. It is beyond your body, beyond your mind. In the depths of your soul. Exactly where you can feel every living being of the sea. I am connected to everyone, whether I like it or not. There in your core, something vibrates, pulses, shimmers. And you know it, you know me.” She took a deep breath and walked, her shimmering hands a soft red. Touching the center of his chest. 

 

He was locked, so much pain was overlapping his real strength. His potential. And she barely touched it, her hand trespassing his body. Going directly for his soul. Freeing the chakras, and letting them flow like a river. His eyes swelled in tears, probably because of the warm familiarity he felt, the same energy that created him. Created all things. He tried not to let them leak. But one traitor escaped. Flowing freely in the sea.

 

No one said anything. No snarky comments of being too weak, or laughing at him for crying. They would have been angry or offended if he was not overwhelmed with emotions. Back in the days of Poseidon, where they were walking on earth. The Ladybug had come and done the same to the first King. They did not let her die, even if she was only remembered through legends, songs and myths.

 

“Arthur Joseph Curry. Holder of the sole soul of the Poseidon. King of the sea and all its living creatures. Son of the earth. The man who understands both worlds, who loves them and respects them. You are the perfect balance the Fates and the Destiny were searching for. How beautiful the world of the sea is, but it can not exist without its counterparts.” The trident he had in his possession was a miraculous of sort. It was always activated and had a magnitude in par with one of the outer ring of the mother box. One of the pieces of the Greek box. And in her presence it glowed a powerful gold that made the waters look like an amber stone.

 

Her presence was not something to take with a joke. It meant something more. She was here for a reason. It was not a petty wish of these two concepts. Be it what they wanted her to do. She had to. And it involved them. Aquaman looked at her in a new light. Sensing a warm addiction. 

 

He fell to his knees and inclined his head. Marinette had fought the first two years of her being a super heroine. Wanting to separate these two lives. Believing one did not affect the other. But she was wrong. She was Ladybug and she was Marinette. And this sole person, herself, had to do one with the other. Yes, she had to deceive others, lie so that she did not fall into wrong hands. Because she could be used. Her power could be used.

 

“When the time comes, please help me with my task. No matter what it takes me.” She knelt on one knee and inclined her head. Looking at her in awe. With respect and overwhelmed by her action. 

 

“I swear upon the Trident of Atlan.” The king of Atlantis said. 

 

When she left, everyone had been watching in fascination. She was ethereal, not in a romantic way, it was deeper and more meaningful. They were fascinated by her presence, maybe even drunk. The hero more than the others, not only because of his connection with the ocean, but also because of the pulsing arm in his hand.

 

“She is fascinating, is she not?” Mera said, enchanted. He only nodded.


When she visited Themyscira, she had to be sure Diana Prince, Princess and Daughter of Hippolyta was there. It was a difficult task considering she had a full time hero job, ambassador of her island and was even curator of the Louvre. So Ladybug appeared like an illusion when she was awake. The black haired woman could only see glimpses of a red ceremonial dress. But in her dreams iridescent bluebell eyes and some golden earrings were seen walking along the beaches of her birthplace.  

 

It took her two weeks, one for comprehending the meaning, and the second one two prepare everything to be able to return to her home. She went on a boat, not rushing but enjoying the calm she felt within herself. When she arrived, a party was going on in all the territory. 

 

Not one section was bare of the red clothes with black and golden accents. Flags that were red, with intricate golden patterns that ended at the center with a small circle that had five black dots. Everyone was dressed in black with golden accents and red ruby jewelry. The women received her with cheers, chatting with excitement about what was going to happen, who was going to come.

 

Diana knew, after all, she was getting the same dreams all of them seem to have. The same enchanting laugh that they heard, the calm in their cores, the happiness in their hearts. And the earth in this place knew it too. The sky was fluffy with clouds, the sun was shining powerfully, the plants were blooming, more beautiful than they have ever seen. The sea was calm and the protection spell was even more powerful than ever. Anxious to protect her.

 

As she walked into the palace, her mother was showing off her finest clothes. Her golden eagle tiara had an intricate pattern of red jewels. Her hair was half in an upper chignon and the rest free over her shoulders. 

 

“She is coming.” Hippolyta was overjoyed. She could see the remainder of what was once her soul. The amazonian had been a true Ladybug that did not have a Cat, the result was the eternal lives that she and her people had. But that part of her soul could not remain with her, so one futile battle where she died, she was revived and her time with Tikki had been terminated.

 

“I know how much you loved her, and that you were disappointed when I was not the chosen one.” A whole ladybug had some specific characteristics. Black hair that shone blue in the lights, bluebell eyes that were iridescent, and were petite. “Not in me, I know.”

 

“Not disappointed in you, never. I just hoped you were protected by the Fates and Destiny. They adore the wholes, but specifically the Ladybug and Cat. You still are a whole bearer, one that is connected to Zeus, you are his child.” The two of them hugged, emotion brewing in their stomachs. 

 

She changed into her own ceremonial clothes, so much like her mothers with golden threat. The tiara of her aunt in her head, glistening like the sun and reminding her of her loved ones. She would have been so happy to be there, but Diana carried her in her heart.

 

When they were all reunited, the party was at its apogee. Everyone was dancing, singing, playing instruments, chatting, laughing and just enjoying themselves as the soft breeze passed through the open windows, the moon glowing silver and the torches applying a golden hue. 

 

And when the stars shone in splendor. The millions of suns far away, wanting to say, here we are, because here she is. With a resplandor, at the very center of the dance floor where a circle had formed to celebrate, she appeared. The upper part of her dress was a chinese qipao, but the lower flowed freely with the ancient greek elegance. The red dress intertwined with gold threat and black flowers. Her golden sandals reached her knee. Her hair in an upper chignon, chinese jewelry in the back, but a golden threat making the double lace for them. 

 

The music was stopped, every warrior on one knee. The Queen and her daughter reached her and did the same. There was an emotion in her eyes, like they had waited all their lives just for this moment. Marinette knew she would meet their expectations, because they just wanted her to be herself.

 

“It is an honor to be in the presence of the Whole Ladybug, may the Fates and Destiny guide you through your journey.” Hippolyta rised first at the signal of her hand, next was Diana and lastly everyone else.

 

“May the Fates and Destiny be of your protection.” This salut, was something that could be only said by the kings or queens to the true and whole Ladybug. Therefore, Arthur did not know it, having been lost in time. “It is an honor being in the presence of such distinguished warriors and capable beings.” Everyone inclined her head and put a hand on their heart. Accepting the praise.

 

“We know it is urgent to arrange a meeting. Though, we were hoping you would join us in this festivity.” She looked everywhere, the magnificent patio adorned with torches and the majestic architecture. 

 

“I would have been offended if you did not say anything. It will be my pleasure, though I fear not to be on par with your dance skills or wisdom.” They shook their heads and promised they would teach her. 

 

She stayed there for one whole week. During the night they were festins, they danced and she learned. On the other hand, the days were about learning about combat training, her past and history. About the miraculous in ways she never thought were possible. What she learned the most was that Diana had a tough skull and it hurt a lot to be on the receiving end of that hit.

 

When the meeting happened, it was the night before she left. Having an amazonian uniform and her own tiara, heirloom from Hippolyta. They talked about her capacities and what was the purpose of her time here on earth. She told them how it all initiated, the situation in Paris with Le Papillon and the need of the cat ring so the balance was not affected. Her new team and what had happened with the Guardians of the Order.

 

They concluded something was happening that required her being the new Celestial Guardian and her collecting all the miracles that had been lost. They will help her and her team with training in combat and armory. The magic training was beyond their capabilities, but Ladybug was satisfied with that.

 

As a token of seeing you next time, she touches her core, her hand trespassing once again in red light. Tears collided in her eyes, her beautiful black eyes welling with emotions. Feeling the warmer than she ever did.

 

“When the time comes, please help me with my task. No matter what it takes me.” She knelt on one knee and inclined her head. Looking at her in awe. With respect and overwhelmed by her action. 

 

“I swear upon my father Zeus.” Diana Prince said with resolution. 


The next trip she took was to the Wakanda kingdom. They spoke to her in a language she did not understand yet. Pointing weapons with ferocity at her. Not really knowing who she was. 

 

“Hello.” A girl three years older than her was there. She was really tall, her hair in a beautiful chignon formed by a thousand braids. Her eyes told mischief and playfulness, but she saw the intelligence too. “Is the corset not uncomfortable?”

 

“Yes. Yes, it is.” She smiled at her, she had used the ceremonial clothes that one wore hundreds of years before this era. All that she had worn was not of hers, but of the ancient Ladybugs. Not whole, but Ladybugs nonetheless. 

 

“Come with me Ladybug.” The warriors protested, saying it was reckless. But Okoye arrived and dismissed them too. The miraculous were a secret only passed to the female warriors, the queen and the female heiress. The man did not know of this, but there was a law that when edict, it could align the man from interfering. It was specially made for this.

 

The Queen was there in the chambers, she was waiting with what looked like forty warriors. All of them salut her and she returned it. Wakanda forever, was their motto. A beautiful sentence that brought you a sense of belonging.

 

““It is an honor to be in the presence of the Whole Ladybug, may the Fates and Destiny guide you through your journey.” Queen Ramonda answered her with devotion.

 

“May the Fates and Destiny be of your protection.” She repeated the crossed arms salut, signifying she wished so to their people as well.

 

She repeated the process of the meeting with this kingdom, they did teach her the dance. It was joyful, happiness singing in her heart. And it was reflected in their environment. Animals were seen nearer and nearer every time. As though they knew who was there. And the dreams of the King and his primogen intensified. Remembering the panther that was her partner in one life. 

 

It got to the point where both felt the necessity of being there with them. No matter the cost, they had to. And when they finally were able to be there, they were mesmerized by her presence. They knew her, different before but all the same. It was raw energy that fought inside them. 

 

“Took you long enough.” The Queen said, demonstrating just where her daughter got the sass from. “She was waiting for you.”

“I know you.” T’Challa said. She was minuscule, but how she felt like home. Like when you see the sunrise in the savanna. All the orange hues and yellows. How the cold air drastically changes, the mirrors breaking through. But it was also like seeing the stars and the milky way. The moon hung in there, illuminating their paths. 

 

“Yes, you do. Especially you.” She said smiling, advancing to him. Trespassing his chest and freeing his power. The power of the Black Panther that was suppressed without the heart flowers. A power bestowed by them by the Black Cat Miraculous that not only gave them their powers, but allowed them to visit Necropolis.

 

She stayed there one week too, learning from the woman and playing with Shuri. If playing was talking about quantics or when they sasses or burned a person, building things and creating a new ceremonial dress for her that allowed her to eat and well, breath. 

 

It was a beautiful kingdom, their people were jovial and so welcoming. Knowing who she was, revealing the truth to their people once again was celebrated. Yes, the vibranium was a source that only Wakanda had, but it was not the only source of the flower that was genetically modified so they could have their powers. It was more than that. 

 

T’Challa was a welcoming big brother. Who brought her instead of Shuri, his sister was relieved, to some meetings they had with his father to discuss the situation about their country, the miraculous, their responsibility and more. 

 

“Have you ever revealed yourself to anyone?” He asked her one time. And it was met with a shake of her head. “Must be lonely and hard. All that power and responsibility.” 

 

“It changes nothing in the lonely department. Before nobody wanted me, now they search me with vain intentions.” He looked at her with worry, his soul brown eyes scrutinizing her. She just smiled.

 

“One day, I will not be alone. One day, someone will have my back unconditionally.” She touched her back with fondness. Nobody could see her soulmate mark, but somehow they knew. “Will you be with me when that happens? When the time comes, please help me with my task. No matter what it takes me.” She knelt on one knee and inclined her head. Looking at her in awe. With respect and overwhelmed by her action. 

 

“I swear upon my kingdom.” T’Challa got on one knee too and then hugged her. 


Her last stop had activated all alarms in the portal and Heimdall had panicked for a minute. Not being his usually calm self. He had not expected it. But he should have known, it was almost too long since a Ladybug had visited them. 

 

Marinette had her hair in two long braids that were on her front side. A golden ribbon intertwined with it and in her eyes some golden paint in lines that resembled that to a Valkyrie. Popping her bluebell eyes. She had a tiara with wings on the sides. Her dress was red and flowy, except that it adjusted in some parts with a black armor. 

 

Everyone looked at her in awe, parting where there were crowds formed. There were nurals of her and every whole holder. It was just the second time a Ladybug visited them, but they never forgot her. She was beautiful and looked dangerous at the same time. She looked like she held all the power and secrets from the universe. 

 

It was incredible watching as she was admitted to the palace. The doors opened for her, and was received by Frigga. The Queen herself. The golden-haired woman hugged her, with tears in her eyes and as if she was an old friend or maybe a daughter who came to visit after a long time.

 

“We have so much to talk about, my dear.” The feast lasted one whole week, everyone delighted at the little girl. Yes, she was tiny and probably much, much younger than them. Still, she was so welcomed by everyone. 

 

They taught her to sword dance with the best warriors, valkyries were no more, having been annihilated in the past. And then Frigga taught her her own dance and song, she took classes with her about singing and at the final night of her stay, presented it to all the people. As she sang, she noticed there was a complementary part that others sang along her. It was different, but intertwined perfectly creating a beautiful harmony.

 

She talked with the father of all gods, Odin welcomed her with as much softness as he could. He was always strict, but advanced cautiously with her. Loki was not there anymore, they told her he died. Marinette could still feel him, but she said nothing. It was not her work to do so. And in the final morning, where everyone was giving her presents and bidding her goodbye, a thunder resonated from afar just after a lightning was seen. 

 

“What have I stumbled upon this morning?” Everyone looked at the blonde and massive man who was spinning Mjolnir and looking at everyone confused. Then he curled an eyebrow at the sight of the pile her gifts were creating and then at her. “Who may this be?” He asked his father, and everyone gasped in horror at him not knowing who she was.

 

“You have heard of me. As I you. Through songs, legends and stories. You have seen me in statues, murals and sculpted in doors. I have a spot in the treasure of your father and your mother to tuck you to sleep while retelling my life.” He looked even more confused.

 

“Mother?” He really did not get it, did he?

 

“Thor, my son. She who brings life, who creates everything we know. Who has blessed us with power and enchanting. Who has worked with the dwars to birth a star so powerful and shape the hammer you port from Uru.” He concentrated long enough, nodding and then kneeling.

 

“It is an honor to be in the presence of a Ladybug. I can not thank you enough for your gift and sincerity. I shall be your soldier, I shall be your shield, I shall be your sword.” She stood up from her seat, kneeled before him and her hand trespassed his body. 

 

“Then I shall be your heart, I shall be your power, I shall bless your soul. When the time comes, please help me with my task. No matter what it takes me.” She inclined her head. Looking at her in awe. With respect and overwhelmed by her action. 

 

“I swear upon my worthiness. Mjolnir shall be my testifier.” he said and not being able to contain himself he stood up and scooped her. “You are so tiny.” That got him a glare.


Being finally able to return home after so long, everyone else thought she was in a camp. She hated lying, but it was necessary. She transformed after so long, having not used her power she could travel all the time without needing to recharge. It was really convenient only modifying her outfits. Marinette sat on her desk, Tikki going to her nest, and after a sigh opened her computer.



*1 email unopened*

From: Arcane Noetic Academy

Subject: Admission

...We are happy to tell you that you have been accepted into our programme and will be expecting you on the first of July...

Notes:

How did you like it? This is the last we are seeing from Marinette being this age, though I make the clarification that in this chapter she is growing and at the end of this chapter she is 13 years old. Hope you enjoy it, next time we are focusing on the boys. Spoiler!!! They will be meeting her at last, not like Ladybug but like her civilian self.

You should read again the tags, as I have added some and will be adding along the way. And no, I am not sorry. Prepare yourselves!!!

Voting!!! As a special 10,000 hits and 400 kudos you will decide. Who do you want to see first? Damian? Felix? Maybe their reaction to Marinette? Just kidding, their reaction will be definitely in the next chapter. Just vote to let me know and you'll be seeing it. It will be counted until Saturday. Because I am uploading that day.

Did you liked it? What was your favorite part? What do you think it will happen next? Got any questions? Leave it in the comments!!!

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Chapter 19: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 19: Accepted.

Summary:

Damian feels like an outsider, so he may as well just leave now by his own means than by they abandoning him.

Notes:

Sorry!!! I said I was going to update on Saturday, but migrains happen and does not care about what you are doing.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“Results happen over time, not over night.”

 

Damian was not having a good week, or month- make that a good year. It started exactly one year, seven months, two weeks, a day and eight hours ago. Sue him for having a memory that good. Although maybe he should have taken a little time in making that calculation. 

 

It was just so clear with his family, how little he mattered to them. And even though it used to be considerably better since that little girl appeared when he was ten years old, at one point it started to get stuck. His relationship with everyone was as fluid as a pond. He really tried to be better, and although they saw him as more human than Ra’s Al Ghul, they thought he could not change. 

 

It hurt, it hurt that they did not understand he was really uncomfortable with touch, with crowds, with having a public life where everyone got their noses into like it was their business. He tried, really tried to be how they wanted him to be. It was just not him. 

 

He knew that everyone in his family, including him, was emotionally constipated. They did not talk about how they felt, how they should feel, what was okay to impose and where their limits were set. But apart from Dick, who had been on a mission for over a year, and Alfred who was the only one he saw on a daily basis. They never tried. God did Damian try. 

 

He tried being in his family business, just to spend time with them. Maybe then he would comprehend Drake, maybe get the opportunity to apologize about how he acted at the beginning. It had been a long way since he had come to Bruce, he was seventeen now for God’s sake! 

 

He may not be the joy of the house like Richard had been, nor the strength in Jason or the brains like Timothy, but he was loyal. Too loyal sometimes. And all he wanted was for Bruce to trust him even a little. That he could care about himself, form bonds with others like a normal person. He wanted to be able to talk about anything with his father, no barriers. 

 

The green eyed boy had tried, every time Bruce was too occupied with a case, work, his other sons or his fianceé. He always came last, and he understood to some degree, but some part of him wanted so badly to have connections with his family. Wanted to be able to laugh with them, not to enter a room and the laughs or amenities to be thrown away through a window. 

 

He stood at the door of the kitchen, nervous at what his grandfather would think of him. A coward? Maybe that he was weak? Selfish? Full of himself? It was not the first time he was catastrophizing something nor the first panic attack. They started some months after his family started acting that way. 



“Master Damian?” He spun around to look into the eyes of the person he trusted the most in the world. His eyes were brown, and although he had aged a little since he got here, there was nothing too detrimental. Nor did he look tired. “Everything alright?”

 

His presence brought an overwhelming wave of comfort. The man felt like home for him and unconsciously his body relaxed and his mind was brought from a storm to a soft breeze. 

 

“I wanted to talk to you… Alfred.” If the man was surprised about what he called him, he did not show that. But a soft warm millimeter smile was present. And he just decided he was doing the right thing. 

 

“Come on. I have some oolong tea from the second harvest that I think you may like.” He nodded and followed him to the small breakfast table there was inside the kitchen. “You came quicker than I thought Master Damian.” The boy just shrugged his shoulders, not really surprised the butler already knew.

 

“I decided to go to this school. It is located in Switzerland and called The Arcane Noetic Academi. ANA, are it's acronyms. Although I may join the cultural appreciation club and travel for two months. It’s an adequate school I suppose. I know my grandfather Thomas attended.” Alfred nodded at the last comment as he prepared the drinks.

 

“I went too. At your age may I add. I was only there for a year. At that time I thought it was ahead of its time. I can only imagine now how much it has improved. I congratulate you for getting admitted. It is not a feat to take lightly. I know how hard it was and is.” The blood Wayne blushed from his neck to his ears, he coughed to dissimulate. “So what is the name of your company?” He coughed as the drink made its way down to another road.

 

“I see… I did not expect you to know about that. Kalon, it means-” He was interrupted before he could continue.

 

“Beauty that goes beyond skin deep. Not physical or emotional, but soulful. You centered yourself in art, did you not?” The tanned skin boy nodded with a smile. His grandfather knew him so well.

 

“That is correct. I center myself in buying art and exposing it around the world. I have three branches now but I know how much I will grow in ANA. Not only are they the creators of the most influential people in the world, but there are a lot of connections and talents I get to scoop up. And… I want a change of scenery. AfterI stopped being Robin, everything has been too dull.” His throat threatened him with closing up, but he did not let it.

 

“You never stop being a Robin Master Damian.” He stood up and took a chair to put it beside him. “It will always be here.” He nodded with tears in his eyes when the man put a hand over his left chest, pointing at his heart. 

 

“Thanks Grandfather.” He received a hug. And he took it as if he would have died without it.

 

“I assume you are going to tell Master Bruce tonight?” The Wayne nodded with uncertainty. “Do you want me to do it for you?” At that he shook his head in a negative response.

 

“I have been trying, he is always occupied, but tonight it has to be. I am going in two days and he leaves tomorrow for New York, a meeting with Stark.” The old man already knew this. 

 

“I will help you organize your things.” He smiled awkwardly but was grateful at his decision.

 


 

Damian took firm steps at his father's office. The envelope in his hand, thick and a little crumpled by the pressure he was exposing it to. He had a plan B, if his father was too occupied to at least give him five minutes, then he would ask him to have a look at it. 

 

He knocked three times, firmly but softly. There was a pause at the other side of the door before it opened. He remembered when it used to be wide open all the time. Drake was the one who opened the door, his father seated in an imposing chair that did not affect him in any way.

 

“Goodnight Father, Drake. I have something important to tell you.” Drake looked a little irritated but surprised he acknowledged him in front of their father figure.

 

“If it is not of urgent concern, then maybe we can leave it for another time Damian.” He went back to what he was reading. 

 

“Actually I-” His father looked with great intensity at him, and it made him resign. He will not listen to him in this state. 

 

“Come on, Demon Spawn. We really have to finish what we are doing.” In his mind he sighed, but outside he nodded.

 

“Then please check this when you have time.” He passed the package to him and the man nodded and almost as if it was on automatic he put it carelessly in one of his cabinets and continued to talk with his brother. They did not mind him, so he just left the room.

 


 

“Hey Jason, can we talk.” The man itself passed him, not even noticing how he called him. 

 

“Sure, I’m going to my room.” Damian relaxed in relief and followed him. Though he did not enter the room, he stood in the door and observed him as he pulled one of his gunns and started dismantling it to clean it.

 

“So, I wanted to tell you that I’m going to change schools. It is a bit far away, but I’m sure since I have been demoted as Robin that it will not matter. I’m leaving in one day.” The boy hummed and nodded. “What do you think?” He was somewhat nervous, he thought that in a lot of things he was similar to Todd. Their upbringing and difficulties, their mothers, the league, him being his teacher.

 

“Good.” He felt a little relieved at this. 

 

“I am going to try and communicate with you. Though cards at all I can use for external communication. Will you be in your apartment, with Roy or here in the manor?” The man looked at him and thought for a moment.

 

“Apartment…” Jason sounded unsure, but at the end he understood that his relationship was on and off with Bruce, so it was not a surprise.

 

“Okay, then I’ll see you tomorrow?” The man shook his head and Damian accepted it. They still were not best friends, so it was understandable.

 


 

“Hey Drake- Timothy. Do you have a minute?” Said boy looked at him like all he could feel was death. Tired on his feet, posture lacking and with a large cup of coffee in his left hand. 

 

“What?” To say the younger boy was nervous will be an understatement. He knew this could go all wrong.

 

“I wanted to say that I am sorry. For how I tried to… kill you, and how I treated you in the past. You did not deserve it.” He still looked like he was a minute before passing. 

 

“Okay.” The green eyed boy really did not expect him to accept his apology, but he still needed to get it off his chest.

 

“I’m leaving tomorrow, father is hopefully already informed. You know that school your parents wanted you to attend. I wanted to get in and I succeeded. So-” Tim stood abruptly and took his things.

 

 “Great talk Damian. See you later.” His heart broke a little.

 


 

“Luke!” The son Lucious Fox was making his way out rapidly.

 

“Damian, hey! Congratulations on your entrance! My father told me. When are you going to leave?” The green-eyed boy could breathe a little better, at least one.

 

“I leave tomorrow.” He blushed red and looked at another side, anywhere he could avoid his reaction. “I was wondering if you could see me off with the others.” His brown eyes looked surprised but he nodded happily.

 

“With pleasure! I’ll ride with you tomorrow.” He smiled gratefully.

 


 

“Barbara, do you have a minute?” She frowned a little and looked at her watch.

 

“I’m sorry little bird. I have to dine with my dad and I am already late, but see you tomorrow!” She gave him no time to tell her that he was not going to be here tomorrow. Well, he supposed she was going to know sooner or later. She was Oracle after all.

 




“Hey Ko’ri, how are you?” The tamaranean looked surprised at seeing him. Mostly because she was in another city. Blüdhaven to be exact.

 

“Damian! Oh how great it is to see you. Your surprise has filled my heart with joy!” She hugged him and he only chuckled at her enthusiasm.

 

“I wanted to give you this. It’s a card for Dick, I am assisting a school in another country and wanted to inform you, and him when he returned. I will not have a way to communicate with you but with the old way. Cards. I will send them weekly to him.” Her green eyes glimmered with joy and an unnatural light.

 

“It is of great honor that you have trusted me to handle this task. I will hand them to him upon his return. Do not worry my little brother!” He smiled at her antiques.

 


 

“Do you have everything ready Master Damian?” He looked at Alfred and nodded with resolution. It was hopeless to keep waiting. He had to board the plane, even when he had his own plane, he had to be in the Academy on time.

 

He looked at Lucious and Luke Fox, then at Alfred and Kori. He will miss them, so he gave them each a hug. Titus and Alfred the cat were coming with him, the academy permitted them in their dorms. According to their policies, if the students were the ones who rescued them or were in charge of them, it would be irresponsible to abandon them like that.

 

“Man, I am going to miss your tantrums or the vegetarian options that were installed in the manner for you. Well, maybe not that much. I do not like the Tofurkey. It was a crime against thanksgiving day.” Damian rolled his eyes.

 

“Tt. That holiday is a crime against humanity and you know it.” The older boy laughed.

 

“I am hoping for weekly updates Master Damian. Nonetheless.” He will deny that he spend a little more time hugging the old man and that his eyes crystalised with tears that he did not let fall.

 

“Do not let go of this opportunity, Mister Wayner. That school is only for the truly gifted.” Lucios patted a couple of times his back.

 

“I wish you joy on this journey Little Brother!” She hugged him until he was a little strangled and had to pat her to tell her. “Oh, sorry!” She did not look sorry at all, but he let it pass.

 

He inhaled and exhaled as he started climbing the stairs. And as he took seat he nervously waved goodbye. Starfire appeared outside his window until the last moment waving him goodbye. His new phone dinged and Damian smiled, everything was going to be alright.



*New Message*

Rachel: Call me when you land.

Rachel: I cannot believe you chose me as your only contact to the outside world.

Rachel: Love you.



Notes:

Yes, I decided to wait on them meeting Marinette. And yes I do want to see the world burn.

Did you liked it? What was your favorite part? What do you think it will happen next? Got any questions? Leave it in the comments!!!

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Chapter 20: Miraculously  Divided: Chapter 20: No escape.

Summary:

Félix has a terrible past, a broken heart and no one to rely onto.

Notes:

Double chapter because why not!!! I feel sorry that I explain a little more with Félix than Damian. So maybe I will edit the last chapter, but who knows. I also liked it that way.

Enjoy the chapter!!!

Warning: Barely had time to read it and edit it or correct it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“If one is nothing. Twice is a coincidence. Then thrice is fate and destiny.”

 

Two years ago

 

Félix was not by any means heartless. Yes, his ‘father’ had died. He was sad about that, not really. Yes, he had tried to actually steal the twin rings from Gabriel Agreste but could not because someone had come before him. And yes, his mother was a blackwidow from the red room that hosted his pregnancy. And yes, he was the product of James Buchanan ‘Bucky’ Barnes when he was at the hands of Hydra with the DNA combined of Steven Grant Rogers. The Winter Soldier and Captain America. And yes, he was meant to be the perfect product. Too bad they could not programm him like they did to one of his fathers. 

 

When his mother had discovered that none of the hypnosis had worked, they had fled. And she married the man that they had mourned when he was thirteen. Oh yes, she was the actual heir of the Graham de Vanily, but her mother (his grandmother) had too been a black widow. 

 

His mother was not cruel to him. Negligent? Oh yes. Abusive? Not by her, but by letting it happen. Loved him? No, because he was not a daughter. And of course she could not have anymore. When they had let her keep her uterus it was actually because her genes were the most compatible. 

 

When he was nine his mother had married. And it actually just became worse. The man was abusive, and actually learned that he would not be getting an heir for his empire and his best option was him. Well, it did not make matters better. And he was a scientist with a strange fascination with poisons. 

 

He had almost died when he was ten, he should have. He wondered why he did not. Was it the hereditary enhanced abilities from his father? No, he really should have died. He was a kid after all, no matter how strong he was. He did not remember what had happened but maybe he had eaten a plant in the garden that cured him. 

 

He could have danced when his step father had died. If maybe he had known any other dance than the sword dance from Russia. Yes, yes, women actually were the ones that performed it, may he remind you of the Red Room? There was no man there. Non, Zip, Zero. 

 

At the age of thirteen he could have been happy if not for one thing. His mother had the audacity to remarry!!! And he did not know how, but she had found an even richer man and an even crazier one. The only good thing was that this one paid him no mind. He actually gave him a couple of hundreds of thousands euros a month. He was not complaining. 

 

He inverted it all and actually built a company. What was it about, would you ask? Well, music. He focused on three genres. Classical, in which she had bought a symphony and rebranded it. Pop, you know those boy or girl bands that were a whole package? Dancing, singing, acting, composing, rapping and playing instruments? Well, he had three of those and more coming. And the final one, was soundtracks. For movies, video games, series, sometimes even books. 

 

And no, it was not only for money. He finds himself in it. It stopped the rage episodes he had. It silences the voices. The violence. The nightmares. He adored it, and just wanted to lose himself in it. Help find others their path. If Damian Wayne Al Ghul, yes he knew all about him again red fucking room, inverted all his money in donations for animal centers. Then he inverted it in music scholarships. 

 

So he had a heart. He still felt, and god did he adore it. After so much despair, he deserved it. And it hurt him deeply that no one could see it. Because he literally had nobody. Yeah, okay. He could maybe see his oh so precious cousin. The problem was that if Félix had seen too much of the world, Adrien had seen none of it. Or maybe he did not want to see it. He expected everything to go his way even when he obeyed or disobeyed his father. 

 

And it is not like the little ‘sunshine’ would even try to be with him. He purposely had not come to the funeral of his ‘father’. Even when he went to his mothers. He knew he could not count on his uncle. The man was an idiotic evilness. And looked like a walking sweet cane.

 

So when he met Bridgette, it was like a light had finally come and saved him. She was sweet, if a bit of a stalker, that got corrected later. She was so, so cute and his heart hummed peacefully when they spent time together. She was his forever. Or so he thought.

 

Félix had not known about soulmates until he was fifteen. And in the most horrific way, presenting his girlfriend’s. And it was not only a platonic relationship, it was a romantic one. The boy was a brunette and his eyes were a deep blue, the same as Bridgette. They had actually looked confused at the beginning. He then learned that they were seeing through the others eyes for a minute and then could activate like a switch. 

 

When an unknown boy crashes on your girlfriend and he looks at him like he hung the stars and then proceeds to kiss her. Of course your reaction is to punch him, but no. Apparently he was wrong. Thus he was discarded like a rotten apple or a broken toy. 

 

No matter how much he had loved her. No matter how much they had signified to each other. How much they had saved the other. How many time they were together. How they had felt like partners in crime. She had looked at him like he was a lunatic. And it hurt. 

 

He did not even think about going away. He just packed his things, and flew away. Literally took the first plane he could, not even looking at where it was. No plan, nada. So unlike his controlling self, and when he noticed where he was. He paled an amount that should have been deathly. 

 

He was in New York. As in the city where the Avenger’s were. Which meant that he was near his father. And the last thing he needed was to make his existence known. He did not want it. He did not need it. He was going into another plane. And he would have. If not for a fucking alien that decided this was the perfect opportunity to attack and all the planes stopping. Nor to go or to come, unless the plane was already mid-flight. 

 

It was fine, he could avoid the place of the fight. He was just going to literally flee out of there. The hotel was a good idea. He opened his phone and called his assistant so he could book him something nowhere near the fight. That was an excellent plan.

 


 

Then what the hell was this! He was running for his life at the same time he was telling his assistant to wipe everything from his computer. Because along with all his things, they were left behind when the uber imploded. What was the enemy this time? As much as he knew all types of fighting, sword fighting, his skills with weapons. He didn't want to bring attention to him.

 

Of course, because he was not heartless. He could not let what was in front of him unfold. Even more because of the little pair of kids. One girl and one boy. Twins if he had to guess. Were the ones he was more protective of. He took one look around and when a shield came to him he just acted. 

 

He took it and with all his strength, which was no joke, killed the alien by decapitating it. The grotesque thing let a fountain of purple blood out and bathed the people. He then took a bar from the floor that looked from an old building and started plummeting all the things around him. 

 

It may have looked funny. A fifteen year old in an elegant suit, plummeting all those flower-like aliens around him. And actually saving full grown ups. He took the shield again and used it and the bar at the same time. The vibranium circle was pivoting different times, taking out half of the aliens until someone stopped it.

 

“Thanks for the help, kid. But you might actually want to leave it to the professionals.” He tensed and plummeted the last one so he could escape. “Let’s take you all to a safe place. If you could follow the little robots then- Hey, hey! Kid!” As he was turning left, Steve could see his face.

 

“Bucky?” Great, his fathers had to actually know each other since they were little. “Wait! Kid! Bucky!” He was going to plummet that fucking red room. 

It was just as he was losing him that he came into contact with a screaming woman that was, of course, pregnant. The aliens were trying what seemed, to abduct her. In the little ship were another two women pregnant. Maybe they wanted to know, not in a nice way, about the reproduction of humans and their development. He cursed the Universe.

 

He looked at the arrows that pierced some of the aliens and recollected five of them. He may not have a bow, but he was trained to be able to use everything to his advantage. And with his super strength, he pierced the first one. The other two noticed him and he threw two as a distraction and then actually took off their heads with the force.

 

“Thank you so much!” The women did not wait for him and took off, from where he came from. Likely assuming that since he came from that way. It was a clear path. He just sighed.

 

“Stevie?” He looked at one side. There he was his other father. Come on! This was all just a cruel joke. “Wait, no. Who are you and why- Hey!” He took running again, but this time he stopped in the little ship that was floating and took off. Both of them were too fast, but the man was clearly more experienced and bigger than him.

 

As he flew away, he could once again breathe. This was just a big coincidence and the universe was not out to get him. He was totally fine, he will be totally fine. No more chances of encountering them. With speed he looked at all the buildings, where could he land without the roof collapsing because of the weight? He noticed a heliport  half a kilometer away. He was doing okay until a weight unbalanced him.

 

“You are not an alien… Nor do you have a pregnant woman.” He rolled his eyes and looked behind, the woman upon him freezing his body. Of course he stumbles upon the woman of the truple. Natalia Alianovna Romanoff. Maybe they were actually soulmates.

 

“Amelie?” The red-headed widened her eyes.

 

“Of fucking course you know her! This is not my day. Look! I was just escaping from being killed and decided I may as well do it with style. You can have it, just float close enough for me to jump to a building.” She looked really scared. “They did not send me! I was barely able to escape that torture room.” She was thinking until she shook her head and electrocuted him!

 

“I am not risking it boy.” He grunted but held it enough. Félix’s body had felt worse. “Have they been implementing new training?” She said curiously. 

 

“No, I just have a crazy step-father. Ex-step father. Is it the same word in english when he is diseased?” He was near a building and was prepared to jump until someone broke the door from the building, then another one climbed through the emergency stairs. 

 

The blue eyed woman looked with confusion to her soulmates. What were they doing here? They took a look at each other and frowned. Then they looked at the boy and cursed. She added two and two. He was identical to them and Amelie. Which involving the red room and HYDRA could only mean one thing. 

 

“Shit” The blonde boy looked at her like a deer in headlights and knew that she knew. So he took off.

 

“Kid-” “Stevie Jr.” The men looked at each other.

 

“You know him!” “Why the hell do you call him that!”.

 

“Language.” said the black widow with a smile. 

 

“He is just like you! Since when do you have a son!” Félix just wanted one thing, and it was not this. 

 

“Of course he is not like me! He looks just like you James!” As he looked at all of them, and saw all his blue eyes. He once again felt like he did not belong.

 

“The hell he looks like me Steven! Do not pin this on me!” They were in each other's faces, clearly furious at whatever they were thinking. All false things of course.

 

“Hey! Hey!” The woman did not waste another word and just clashed their heads together with force. “Stop acting like idiots and actually ask what is happening. At least, go after him.” Steven and James looked for the child and noticed running across the building until he jumped above the edge and landed in what seemed like an air motorcycle. 

 

“Maybe he is Nath’s.” said the super soldier.

 

“Maybe he is.” Agreed the winter soldier.

 

“Before you ask a stupid question. Remember my uterus was completely extracted from me, you pair of simius.” They nodded before taking the ship that the kid left there and started to follow him. 

 

As he noticed them following them he rolled his eyes. Were they ever going to give up? This could not be happening to him. Well, it actually could. He was, after all, being persecuted by the universe. Yes, yes. He killed people, a lot actually. But it was that or dying. So it could suck it up and put it wherever it wanted.

 

“Hey kid! Just want to talk to you! If you could just stop for a moment.” He looked behind him and frowned. 

 

“Yeah, I just got my freedom. Not going to lose it just because you feel like playing family.” He speeded up only for them to be capable of keeping up with him. 

 

“Hey, that is talking. I can take that you keep this up.” His partners rolled their eyes, and so did Félix. “Do not roll your eyes at me young man!” He snorted at his grandpa's attitude. 

 

“You are actually from the second world war. You sound like I imagine a grandpa to be. That’s what I will call you, gramps.” This time it was the turn of the russian speakers to laugh.

 

He took his tie and used it to stabilize the bike. Next thing the three adults saw was that someone had shot him, and although they gasped in horror. The green-eyed just caught the arrow and stood up long enough for him to shoot it at them. 

 

“Hey, without violence!” said the leader at the same time that the other two said. “Your aim needs work.” Steve just frowned at them.

 

“Does it now?” The blonde said while smirking at them and then he just winked. He sped up again and laughed at them. And they tried to do the same but it did not work. 

 

“Ruby, we are slowing down.” She glared at them.

 

“Do tell me!” sarcasm was present. 

 

“We are going to lose him!” The shield user was panicking. 

 

“Are you looking for this?” They looked up at Ironman with the blonde kid struggling up until he spinned, wrapped his legs around the suit's neck, and actually broke it. Causing the man to fly and barely end in the ship.

 

“The hell! I hope you can pay me twenty thousand dollars! Because that is what will cost me to repair it” The boy tried to clean himself, which was a sort of impossible task considering the state his clothes were in. While the man looked at his helmet's damage.

 

“Pocket money.” He snarled and frowned at his fathers and step mother. 

 

Tony Stark looked at all of them, then at the boy. He repeated the action three more times, his genius brain catching up. And he laughed but then frowned and looked offended at the adults.

 

“Did you three managed to have a son with all your genes and never told me anything or actually tried to get me into it. I am offended, you did not even think about me being the god-father. This is treachery at its deepest levels.” He cleaned some non existent tears.

 

“What part of uterus-less did you not understand! I can explain to you the procedure if you want!” The three yelled a negative, the boy shrugged already knowing it.

 

“So then explain to me this mini-agent. Did you pull a Clint on me? He looks a lot like Captain Manners and Brain-washed soldier here.” The mentioned frowned.

 

“We do not know who he is. But we are trying to get to it. He just keeps disappearing.” The scarlet-haired woman explained, though she already had her theory. 

 

“Then let’s just knock him out. Use your electrocutors Nath.” Steve looked offended, but Bucky nodded.

 

“Already tried, did not work.” They looked at Félix trying to get to know him or understand him more likely.

 

“Anestesia”. “Not going to work.” The boy answered, might as well skip them the work.

 

“Chloroform.” “Inmune.” 

 

“Rope.” “Too weak.” The billionaire was starting to look exasperated.

 

“A hit.” “Maybe with the vibranium arm or shield.” He looked at the men ready for them to hit him. 

 

“We are not going to do that.” Steve said cautiously.

 

“We are not?” The brunette with blue eyes said, lowering his arm.

 

“Of course not!” The man had the audacity to pout.

 

“If it worked against any of you two maybe it will in me.” At this point Félix was done.

 

“Okay we need explanations.” The spy said exasperated. 

 

“At this point I know you are going to track me and not leave me alone. Might as well get you out of my hair.” After all, he was an experiment and an abomination. They will leave, everyone does. “But maybe you should finish all this alien situation first.” Everyone shook their heads, even the self-proclaimed philanthropist playboy.

 

“They can take care of it without three people. Yes Tony, you are returning. I know you can summon another suit. And they just have to wrap it up. Let’s go to the tower kiddo.” He tightened his jaw and frowned at the nickname. 

 


 

“So, first things first. Where is the adult responsible for you?” He smirked internally at the answer that crossed his mind.

 

“Fucking my step-father somewhere in the caribbean. If I have luck, maybe drowning in the ocean.” Nathalie nodded in understanding, but the boy-scout father just blinked at him. “Oh look, I broke him.” He smirked.

 

“Okay, then what are you doing here smarty pants?” He ignored the nickname from the brunette. He was not wrong.

 

“Eh, the usual. Was in a fucked up situation, when am I not, decided fuck this shit I’m out, took my things and the first plane out of the country.” That meant he was not looking for them and Romanoff did not like that. 

 

“Now then. How did you get yourself here?” He was opening his mouth when she talked again. “And I am not referring to the plane. You are a minor, you need your tutors permission to do that.” Félix shrugged.

 

“I am legally emancipated, and even if I were not. It is easy to falsify documents and I am rich enough to buy myself a simple ticket. Even without the two hundred thousand mensuality my tutors throw at me every month. I could even buy a plane… Why haven’t I done that yet?” He took his cellphone, he was not going to lose it even if his life was in jeopardy, and send a message to his assistant.

 

“Did you just say two hundred thousand dollars-” He was interrupted.

 

“They are actually euros.” They chocked.

 

“My mistake.” Bucky said sarcastically. “In my time, we were lucky to be given food and a quarter coin for the year.” .

 

“In your times you had cows in your house and named them something along, Betty the cow.” He was going to insult him back when Steve interrupted him.

 

“Okay, next question. Why do you resemble Bucky so much?” The blonde man rolled his eyes at his soulmate indignant yell.

 

“Because he is my father. And before we drag this. I resemble you because you are my father” THe blue-eyed woman did not look surprised.

 

“Okay. It is clear that you have not been teached anatomy, or about sex, or-” The sarcasm would have continued.

 

“Yeah, yeah. The whole it takes two in a tango, one woman and one man. Well, technology and shit happens. Your DNA’s combined, my mom’s ovule and insemination and Voilá! I exist. Do not worry, none of you wambed-banged thank you ma’am anyone. Send your thanks to HYDRA and the red room.” Their brains took a while to catch up.

 

“Those sons of bitch!” He imagined he would have been that angry. After all, he was assaulted in many ways. But not only did they took his DNA, they created his son and even kept him from him. 

 

“I am a father. We are fathers. We are parents. Oh God, I missed years of your life. Wait- How old are you?” That was what preoccupied Captain America?

 

“Fifteen.” He said bored and the blue-eyed man started to freak out.

 

“How much?” The boy understood the question from the red-headed woman, but the two men did not. 

 

“I am in red numbers. They are bleeding.” That, all of them understood. 

 

“What have they done to you?” Bucky actually threw the chair through the window and broke a wall in his rampage. It was not enough that they kept him a secret. They dared put him in the same lifestyle as him? Horrified, pitiful and understanding was the things Félix found in his eyes.

 

“I don’t think you want an answer.” Yes, what he has done was horrifying. Yes, they had tortured him, like Natalia, maybe even more. But they did not have to know it.

 

“No more. You are going to stay with us.” The blonde frowned at that. 

“Yeah, no thank you. I do not need babysitters.” That hurt all of them, and he felt guilty. “Look. I never had a parental figure in my life. At this point where I have a multi-millionaire company I do not see the point. Besides, I have enrolled in a prestigious high school and-” Bucky interrupted him.

 

“Two years. Give us two years. Let us try at least. Look, we never thought about children. When Steven and I grew up we knew that was not possible unless we adopted, and then they took that choice from Natasha and we lost all hope with our lifestyle. As soulmates-” He jumped and looked wariley at them.

 

“Soulmates?” Natasha, as he now knew she liked being referred to, sighed.

 

“Of course they did not tell you. Soulmates exist and they are-” Félix snarled at her.

 

“I fucking now about the nature way of tricking humans into proreation.” That was what he kept telling himself to not cry. He let himself be angry instead of sadness.

 

“It is so much more. It completes you, it frees you and overall it gives you someone that understands you and loves you unconditionally.” His eyes humidify with tears he retained.

 

“And it also takes your choice away.” He shouted angry. 

 

“Okay, answer me this…” Steve cursed. “Sorry, what is your name?” The adults blushed at their mistake. Great way of starting their relationship.

 

“Félix. Félix Graham de Vanily.” The blonde muttered.

 

“Félix, have you met your soulmate already?” He squirmed, they were examining him for some reason.

 

“No.” Steve nodded in understanding.

 

“Then someone important to you met him or her. I am guessing that is why you fletted?” He gritted his teeth.

 

“Last time I checked. Batman was the detective, not you.” That was confirmation.

 

“I am sorry to tell you this. But soulmates sometimes are not even romantic. They are platonic, like how my family thought mine with James was because of the reasoning of that time. And even if it is romantic, sometimes they already love a person and they stay with that person forever, ignoring their soulmate.” He plummeted to his seat. Defeat, hurt, betrayal and anger. He had loved her, and she just did not care all along.

 

“Okay. Two years. That is all. I really want to go to Arcane Noetic Academy.”

 


 

Present Time

 

“Do you have your gauntlet? What about your shield? Are you sure you enlisted us as your contact?” His mother was a nervous mess. It was endearing from the Black Widow herself.

 

“Yes I do. Мама.” She hugged him and he lifted her. She was tiny against his tall frame. 

 

“You sure you do not want to stay cub?” He smiled at his otets.

 

“I have to do this. Besides, the world needs you. You know you can not even take another day off, otets. It is for the better. It will only be one year, then maybe I will join you.” He smiled at him and hugged him. He was an inch taller than him now.

 

“Do not even think about it until you are twenty one young man.” His dad was the same as always.

 

“Would not even dream of it.” He said playfully as he hugged the american themed hero. “I will miss you dad, otets, мама. I will call weekly.” The red.headed woman shook her head.

 

“You better call all night!” He shook his head and laughed. “I am serious, mister!” He nodded.

 

“You know you can´t. It will out you if you are on a mission. You know you only have Tuesday off.” The assassin, double spy, agent and best in the red room, was pouting.

 

“We love you.” They say at the same time, reading each other's minds as that was their soulbond. He reached and touched his back, where his soulbond tattoo resided. He felt anger burning his heart. 

 

He watched them as he climbed the stairs to his private jet. And continued to look at them as much as he could. Until he was just looking at this reflection. He looked at his squared jaw, his straight nose, thick eyebrows even when they were a light color. His hair that had paled the more he grew up, until it was more white than blonde. His roots were a deeper color and all his hair had tinges of the strawberry blonde from his father. Finally his emerald green eyes penetrated him. He was looking until his phone pinged continuously. 

 

*Incoming messages*

Bike: Man, is that school really so awesome?

Bike: I have another friend there.

Bike: Her name is Marinette, look for her.

Bike: Say hi from my part and she will help you with anything.



Notes:

At this point he only trusts his family. Could someone we know break that though wall? There's much more to this that we can ever see. Did you noticed something? Exactly!!! I love drama.

Did you liked it? What was your favorite part? What do you think it will happen next? Got any questions? Leave it in the comments!!!

Thanks for reading this story and giving it an opportunity. I hope that you are having a great day and it stays a great week! See you in the next chapter!!!

Comment and leave kudos it helps and encourages us writers.

Notes:

Thanks for reading the first chapter of my fanfic! I appreciate it more than you know it. Leave comments please!