Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-05-30
Updated:
2021-08-04
Words:
51,042
Chapters:
20/?
Comments:
177
Kudos:
723
Bookmarks:
159
Hits:
21,812

Miraculously Divided

Summary:

Marinette has one of the most rare soulmate bonds, one so rare it comes from an ancient bloodline. This is notified to her till she is ten years old while she is drowning in the hate of her family and friends. She has to escape from the darkness that threatens to consume her before it is too late. Will she trust the right people or will she drown in her journey?

Notes:

Hello, this is my first Daminette long-fiction. Is that how it's called? I have been building this and editing and editing, I will be updating once or twice a week depending how ahead I am in the chapter already written.

If you don't like it, then don't read it. No need to be rude. I accept corrections in grammar because this is not my first language.

Please comment and leave reviews. It encourages a lot of writers.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter I: Nâinai

Chapter Text

 

"In order to heal you have to stay away from what broke you"

 

Marinette Qingling Dupain Cheng, she never had been rich or famous, never had conexions, so she knew she had to work from the bottom to reach her goal. She always had the end of the stairs in mind, but also climbed one step at a time. She knew that slowly but surely she would become one of the most famous designers.

At least that’s what she thought, but suddenly she had conexions. Of course she had gained some on her own, like the trust of Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale, Audrey (Style Queen) Bourgeois and Thomas Austruc. But that wasn’t what the bluenette was talking about.

The chinese- french had always been… a little short in the family apartment. She had her parents, who were a pair of workaholic soulmates, her gradmère from her paternal side who only saw occasionally on her birthday, until a year ago she met her grandpère, but he still saw her a little uncomfortable because of his traditionalism. Now her Shūshu (uncle) had recently found his sister, and because Marinette knew cantonese not mandarin it was a little difficult to get to know him. 

So that was it, no yéyé (grandfather) o nâinai (grandmother), no cousins, no more aunts or uncles. She just assumed they were dead or didn’t exist. Until it wasn’t the case. Until she started to win a lot of contests. Just as she had been awarded for her seventh time, there was a knock on the door. She left what she was doing, and her short legs for someone that was ten years set course to her stool and picked it up so she could see through the peephole. 

A woman in her late thirties was there, with chinese heritage. She thought for a moment before talking in cantonese. The answer came back immediately, she was asking for her mother and she told her to wait till get permission to open the door. She called the bakery from the house. She no longer had a phone, courtesy of the lies of an italian girl.

“Patissiere Dupain-Cheng, how can I help you?” her mothers voice made her dance in her spot unconsciously.

“Maman-” she was interrupted before she could continue.

“Marinette, this better be important, we are very occupied and you know it” she bit her lip.

“There’s someone at the house’s door, they are asking for you and-” she was interrupted again.

“Tell them to wait! We are working on a big commission” the last thing she heard was the beep from the phone. She had hang. 

She sighed and gulped the nod in her throat. She touched her earrings and looked at Tikki, who gave her a sympathetic gaze. It didn’t make her feel better. She relaxed her shoulders and closed her eyes. Inhaling positivity and exhaling all the negative feelings.

The little girl rearranged the position of the stool and opened the door. Then she analyzed the woman, her black hair was thick and bright, with blue lights, and it was up in a traditional stick that Marinette knew to be gold. It had extremely good craftsmanship. She looked at her qipao, a white silk that fell graciously, and though it had traditional yellow lilies embroidery, it also had a modern sense to it. 

Marinette knew that some people in her mothers culture liked to be traditionally dressed for important first impressions, meetings, events and other various things they considered of relevance.  

“Hello” She was still speaking in cantonese, so she made a traditional courtesy that made the woman smile. She had hazel brown eyes and even if it appeared she had no make up, do not let her fool, she had. The only thing one would normally notice was the red tint that contrasted with her whithe teeth and pale skin. 

“I apologize, my parents are busy at the moment. I will be greeting you in their stead” She knew what answer she was getting. After all, it was basic manners her mother had taught her.

“Nonsense, I came unannounced. I apologize for my rudeness” The woman smiled and Marinette took a step aside for her to enter. With cold eyes the woman analyzed the house. 

“I will bring tea in a moment” Tea etiquette was one of the most important things in her culture, and it demonstrated if a guest was really welcomed or not.

“Oh, don’t bother Qingling” She took note that she knew her second name, and observed Tikki smirking at her. She had to insist three times as was customary. And at the third time she finally agreed.

“Thank you for your generosity” The little girl did not know the reason why her mother knew how to make ceremonial tea. But she had taught her daughter about it and she never gave it a lot of thought. 

It was summer, so a green tea was more suitable for the hot weather. If she served her white tea it could be taken as an insult because of its history. So she prepared everything, she couldn’t bring some sweets because it would bring out the bitterness of the tea. If she stayed more time she would prepare fried chicken with an orange sauce while brewing jasmine tea.

“You are very well mannered” the heroine looked at the woman, rather than a compliment she was testing her.

“It’s all thanks to my mother. She taught me well” It was common knowledge to give credit to another person when someone complimented you.

“Do you know who I am?” She said before taking the pottery and drinking in silence. 

“Forgive me for my rudeness. '' The woman smiled in melancholy at her answer. She stared a moment at the tea, like remembering something.

“My name is Wei Jing Mao. I am your Nâinai”  Marinette quickly made another courtesy.

“I greet my Nâinai” the woman had a sad tinge in her eyes while the blueyed sat again.

“You are a good child.  A very good child”. Wei Jing nodded as if reassuring herself. “I know a lot about you, Qingling. And while I had the more prestigious investigators at my disposal, I would like to know from your words” The bluenette was nervous at that, but knew better than to lie. If you could ignore that she was terrible at it, the aura she had was ancient and honest. She could almost laugh at the meaning her embroidery had, almost like it was made just for her soul.

So the little girl told her everything she could remember, from when she was one year old, to the first time she saw a runaway, how she met Chloe Bourgeois and even more, till she arrived at all the lies the italian diplomatic had made up and how she had isolate her from even her parents. Of course, she left being Ladybug aside.

“Do you think if given the chance you could prove all the things everyone has done to you?” She nodded.

“What is the most impossible thing you can imagine that could help you the most effectively to reach your dream?” Marinette took a moment to think.

“Arcane Noetic Academy” She answered confidently.

“Do you believe that you have what it takes to be admitted?” She nodded with confidence.

“Yes” They looked at the eyes with strong resolution, not one backing from the other as bluebell met hazel brown. Five minutes became ten and ten became twenty.

“Then I will begin with the papers. Your mother escaped our home at the age of twenty, contrary to what she believes we weren’t angry or ashamed of her.  She was the product of a non soulmate relationship between your yéyé and his girlfriend at the time. While the mother wanted nothing to do with her I always loved her like she was my own, like her two youngest brothers. You will be officially known as Marinette Qingling Mao in a year or so. I want to do this discreetly and without your parents knowing. To verify my identity I have here photos with your mother, her University diploma, her birthday certificate and even newspapers where we both appear with your yéyé” Marinette arched an eyebrow, at this point it didn’t matter if someone took her from her parents, but she had her suspicions.

“Why would you do this? Yes, we are related in blood, but we have no relationship” She will have to be stupid to at least not look wary. She could read her aura and knew she was a good person, contrary to what Marinette wanted to believe, almost every aura that she was close to, it had bad intentions or some sort of block that couldn’t let it stay true to who it was.

“Our blood has a special and ancient soulmate bond. It, of course, started with the side of your yéyé family. Your tattoo, the wings that you carry are a blessing and also a curse. We literally are children of fate, we are loved by destiny, but this puts us on a spot where we attract evil. The light is always searched for everyone, not many have good intentions. Your mother was a strange case, she didn’t inherit the soulbond and I suspect she has resentment towards you because of it” Marinette bit her lip.

“You too have wings? The same as me?” The girl was relieved, her mother looked at her tattooed soulbond like they were an abomination and she had to change herself from a young age because of that too. 

“In our family, it is common to have tattooed wings, but not everyone has the same. I have Quail wings. It often means and defines what you are in life. I am telling you this, but showing others is too personal. And I won’t ask you to show me yours” Marinette put a hand on her shoulder, most likely touching hers.

“Just because of my soulbond? As easy as that? Why if I don't have them?” Her Nâinai smiled sadly.

“You are my Sūnnǚ. My one and only granddaughter. I would have loved to be there with you. When you were born, when you took your first steps. But I was not, and I am not going to lose one moment, one memory more. Wings or not wings.” Her resolution was magnificent. “Will you let me be there for you?” Marinette had tears accumulating in her eyes.

“I would love to” Her Nâinai stood and hugged her.

“You were a surprise, but you are a welcome one” The little girl sobbed at that. How long has somebody since held her like this? How long since somebody just loved her?

“It will not be an easy process, and maybe you will feel pressure. But, it matters nor for us anything you do. We just wish you to be where you are happy, wish that you do what makes you happy. Everything we want is for you to be happy” It has long since sinked in her head that whichever family she will belong to. It was one with power, wealth and prestige. “But you already suspected that, didn't you?” She giggled at that. 

“It’s easier to pretend that I’m oblivious. That I am an average girl who does not comprehend many things but has a big heart. Well… I thought it was like that, but now I see that maybe I was too kind hearted.  I cared too much for them”

“And that’s okay. Caring for someone is not a sin, but permitting them taking advantage of you is. Forgive them, not for them but for your peace. Let them go and make them just a distant memory” They finished the hug, but she was still in her arms.

“What will be my role as a member of the Mao family?” Her grandmother grinned at her.

“First of all, you have to contact him. He owes me a lot of favors, just tell him who sent you and give him your new name. He is actually expecting you”



Sherlock Holmes 

Private investigator

***-****-****