Actions

Work Header

the almighty rise

Chapter 8: ethan's nightmare

Summary:

ethan has an awful, awful dream.

Notes:

tw for exteme dubcon in this chapter lmao shit is about to get weird

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Ethan wakes up in a dark room, slumped in a sitting position on the floor.

His whole body feels fuzzy yet numb; he can feel every bone to a painful extent, but he can’t move a single one. 

There’s a familiar, stuffy smell hanging in the air that Ethan can instantly pinpoint. 

Fear tingles down his spine, among other things.

He knows exactly where he is; he feels exactly where he is, in a dark room that he knows, by some weird miracle, like the back of his hand. That’s how he knows he’s having a nightmare.

His body tenses as his brain realizes what’s going on here.

He isn’t leaning against the wall.

He’s leaning against another body.

A living, breathing body.

Ethan groans. The body has hands, too; rough calloused hands. One of them is wrapped around Ethan’s middle, holding him close. 

The other is touching him, just like Heisenberg had last night.

So explains the fuzziness.

It feels disgustingly good--maybe this was just a memory of their drunken fling? Their slightly shameful fling. Their affair more like.

You threw your marriage to Mia to the dogs.

Ethan shivers.

Yes, it was stupid. No, he never should have done that with Heisenberg. What’s done is done.

So what is this fucking dream about?

It’s hard to focus on his regret with something--no, someone touching his dick.

Then, it speaks.

“Why so stiff, darlin’?” the voice coos in his ear.

Ethan’s heart stops beating in his chest, while the hand on his dick continues its meticulous work.

Oh, God.

Oh no.

Anything but this.

Ethan’s eyes pop open wide.

“L--Lucas?” he stammers in an exhausted groan.

Lucas giggles, bucking his hips against Ethan’s back. Just like Heisenberg did. “Sure is, buddy. Dunno who you were expectin’. Been waitin’ to get my hands on you fer ages…”

His hot breath lands on Ethan’s ear; the latter can hear a grin creep across his lips. Ethan can hardly focus; just hearing Lucas’s voice slipping through his ear is enough to make him go tunnel vision.

But at the same time, being touched feels really, really great.

What are you, Ethan? Some greedy whore? Snap out of it!

“You know how painful these last three years have been?” Lucas says, hugging Ethan a little closer. “Bein’ stuck in yer brain? Do you know how boring it gets? At first, I was pissed at ya. I wanted to grab you and make you feel the worst pain you will ever know. But then I remembered, this ain’t really yer fault. You don’t want me here, either. And then I got reeeeaal lonely, and I started thinkin’ o’ all the fun we could have once I found you. So, here we are! You couldn’t ever think think me up some bitches to fuck? Guess you’ll have to do. I think this is overdue, anyways.”

Ethan feels sick to his stomach, but he can’t move. Even worse, he still doesn’t know if he wants to.

Lucas’s hand feels so good jerking him off, almost better than Heisenberg did; he had the perfect rhythm, the perfect grip, an incredible sense of confidence that would otherwise be annoying as all hell…

He reeks of death and evil, but Ethan’s lost the sense to care. How could he?

How was this worse than Heisenberg?

No! Lucas was a monster. Heisenberg just wants to save us. He wants to save my daughter!

Heisenberg has killed so, so many people.

“You got a kiddo now, huh?” Lucas laughs, kissing the side of Ethan’s face. “Crazy that Mia let ya hit it considerin’ the shit she gave me. Though, I suppose yer her husband and all…”

“Don’t talk about Rose,” Ethan hisses through gritted teeth, ignoring the undeniable pleasure. He grips his thigh. “Don’t talk about my wife.”

“What’s the big deal? Mia ain’t here to bother us.”

Ethan moans a little, craning his neck onto Lucas’s shoulder. He really knows how to make a man weak, doesn’t he?

“D--don’t talk about Mia!”

“What? She’s only yer wife. Well, was , as far as yer concerned.”

Ethan whimpers.

“Stop it, stop…”

“Aw, ain’t that a good thing? This way, it wasn’t cheatin’ when you let Heisenberg touch all up on ya!”

Ethan feels his breath begin to shallow. Lucas’s grip around his middle tightens more in response; he slowly pulses his hips against Ethan, no doubt getting his greedy self off as well.

He whispers in Ethan’s ear, “And it ain’t cheatin’ when I’m touchin’ you now.”

“Heisenberg was different! I was drunk and so was he, a--and--”

“--aw, boo. This is a dream, ain’t it? What’s the difference? What’s there to feel guilty about, boy? I ain’t real. I’m just a friendly ol’ dream! So what’s the matter, buddy? Don’t be so down.”

Ethan struggles to think.

I am a terrible human.

Lucas sighs, flexing his wrist and taking the pause to love on Ethan’s tip.

“You just don’t like me, is that it?”

Ethan doesn’t respond. He tenses, focusing on not jizzing all over Lucas’s hand. 

That would be heinously embarrassing and...wrong.

...Just like all of this is.

“C’mon, Ethan. What’s Heisenberg got that I don’t, huh? Huh? He got money? Is he hotter? He got nicer hands? Is it that he calls ya Winters all sexy-like? Is it the magnetic power thing? That’s gotta be it. Ya know, I almost had magnetic powers once. Swallowed a magnet and was promptly struck by lightning outside--real crazy stuff, coulda sworn I could vibrate metal. 2013 sure was fun.”

Ethan’s head is spinning. 

“Heisenberg...Heisenberg wants to help me,” he mumbles. His leg twitches.

“I just wanna help you too, pal!” He tightens his grip on Ethan’s dick. “If ya catch my drift. C’mon, humor me.”

Oh God. Oh God, I gotta get outta this.

But it's so nice.

Lucas huffs. “You--you gotta finish sometime, Ethan.”

Ethan grunts, squeezing his eyes closed.

“C’mon, now. Imagine I’m that Heisenberg fella!”

“Shut up…!”

Lucas lets go of his waist and grabs his jaw, angling his head up towards him. Ethan can just make out the icy blue of his eyes in the faint white light. Lucas grinds against him. Their noses brush together.

“Yer so uptight, Ethan,” Lucas growls. “Shoulda gotten ya drunk first after all.”

Ethan holds on, although it feels impossible.

Don’t. Don’t give Lucas the satisfaction. 

“Quit bein’ stubborn!” Lucas seethes. “I know what’ll get ya.”

Lucas leans down and kisses Ethan on the lips. Ethan trembles.

It’s too much.

Lucas pulls away, breathing on his lips, his voice hushed to a breathy whisper. “That’s it, boy. Cum for me. Cum all over my hand!”

Ethan’s legs twitch and his back flies into an arch.

Everything goes white.

 

Ethan shoots up in bed with a short scream, sweating and panting like a dog.

Heisenberg glances over, raising his brows over his dark, round sunglasses that have resumed their rightful position over his eyes.

“Welcome back,” he laughs. “Some nightmare, huh?”

Ethan looks around. He’s in bed. Heisenberg’s bed, shirtless and with his fly unzipped.

Heisenberg is tinkering away on something at the desk, an arsenal of power tools surrounding his work. 

The room smells of oil and sweat, touched with the old meat and saccharine filth of dead bodies outside.

Much better than the sickening aroma of the Baker house, even if it’s not exactly pleasant itself.

Ethan nods, wiping his forehead. “Y--yeah. Some nightmare.”

“Figured.” Heisenberg retrieves a glass of water from the desk and passes it to him. “My apologies, it’s warm. You were asleep for quite a while. And your clothes are at the foot of the bed.”

Ethan nods, accepting the small glass. He looks in front of him; his shirt is sitting where Heisenberg said it would be, neatly folded, next to his coat and his jacket. “Thanks.”

“You were out so long, I was able to get tons of work done,” Heisenberg smiles. He sighs, turning back to his work. “...So, what was all that about, anyway?”

“Huh?”

“Your nightmare. You were laying there twitching like a madman. Had me worried you were having a seizure.”

“Oh, uh--” Ethan itches the back of his neck-- “Guy named Lucas.”

He shivers.

“Baker?”

“...Yeah?”

“Ain’t that the fella whose family got infected with the mold?”

“How do you know about that?”

“I know lots of things.” Heisenberg says, shaking his head. “Anyone who’s anyone around here knows who you are, and the Bakers by extension. Sad case.”

“But how do you know about the mold? Umbrella covered the whole thing up.” Ethan asks.

Heisenberg shrugs. “Not important.”

“Yeah, I think it is!”

“What did Lucas do in your dream, Winters?”

Ethan blinks.

“You,” he says, surprisingly irritated, “can’t just ignore my question--I had no idea you knew about that!”

Heisenberg silently continues his work. They don’t talk for a long moment.

Ethan inhales slowly. “Lucas... Lucas was fighting me.”

Heisenberg scoffs. “You didn’t sound like you were fighting.”

“Hey--What’s that supposed to mean?” 

Ethan blushes bright red.

“Nothing, I’m just teasing you. I believe you, Winters. You believe me?”

“...Sure.”

“Great. Now I have some great news for you, my lovely accomplice.”

Heisenberg holds up a huge robotic arm; Ethan’s prosthetic, in its huge glory! The prosthetic clearly attaches around the shoulder and spans down to the hand. Metal pinky and ring fingers attach from the top of the hand. The dark gray metal shines in the light, and a red button encased in glass of the same shade flanks the shoulder attachment.

“She’s nearly done! Should be able to finish her up today.”

Ethan grins. “Wow. Th--thank you, Heisenberg.”

“You can thank me on the battlefield, friend.”

“Okay. Um...Are we...not gonna talk about last night?”

“What’s there to talk about?” Heisenberg says nonchalantly. 

A hunk of metal flies across the room and onto Heisenberg’s workspace.

“All that stuff you said about me, and, uh, did to me. Did you really mean that, or was that just us being drunk? Did...Did I just imagine it?”

“No, it was definitely real,” Heisenberg laughs. “I guess I meant it. I’m not sure why it came out painting me in such a... promiscuous light, but I had a good time. Hope you did too, pixie.”

Ethan sips his lukewarm water.

“I mean, I don’t wanna come to conclusions or anything, but...It sounded like you, like, liked me.”

“I’d be lying if I said you didn’t fascinate me. But, to be honest, I’d prefer this to not interfere with our task at hand. Can’t get too attached in case you decide to die on me.”

“Thanks for your optimism.”

“I don’t mean to be rude, I’m just being honest. And, to answer your previous remark, I’m not interested in romantics...In general. It isn’t you. My apologies if I should’ve told you.”

“That’s...fine,” Ethan says, rubbing his chin. “I--I mean, I’m still married, so...Probably for the best.”

“Chin up, pixie. I’m happy to touch you every now and again until you find someone else.”

“I’m not looking,” Ethan says. His voice is stern, much firmer than before. “I’m married. God, I’m awful. What the hell was I thinking?”

“You aren’t awful, Winters,” Heisenberg says, setting down a tool with a particularly forceful slam. “You’re just...desperate.”

“Fuck you.”

“Hey, so am I. No judgement here, friend. On the bright side, last night was fantastic stress-relief. I don’t think I’ve ever worked faster! This arm is going to be magnificent.”

Ethan swirls the water in his glass.

You are a dick.

Man, fuck you.

Well, this is officially a real-life nightmare, worse than whatever Lucas Baker had just done to him in his dreams. He got off with Heisenberg in real life. Mia may be gone, but...So soon and he’s already screwing other people?

He’s disrespecting her memory. Their relationship.

And he doesn’t even have the decency to ask Heisenberg if he finished. 

“Oh, by the way,” Heisenberg says, “after you fell asleep, I got myself off. I know you’ve got this ‘I’m a douchebag’ complex festering right now, so I, uh...Wanted to let you know that you did the trick.”

“...I was just thinking about that.”

“Huh. Strange. Welp, this arm isn’t going to finish itself. I don’t really have much for you to do right now.”

“You have a bathroom here?”

“Nope, I’ve never whizzed in my life. Yes, Ethan. First door down the hall on the right.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem, Winters.”

Notes:

with all the in game similarities between heisenberg and lucas, I couldn't help making the connection. I also couldn't help using it as the perfect vessel for ethan's guilt.

oh also, the sequel to complexities of her motherhood is in the works. and possibly a third installment. and possibly a prequel. so, even if you're a mia basher, pls pls pls come see my page and check it out!! it spans post re7 to *hopefully* re8, and i promise you it isnt a kiss ass fic lol. come check it out! I promise it'll be nice 'n' spooky, and the first book is already out!

leave a comment if you'd like, tell me your favorite part so far! yalls comments keep me motivated :D