Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Akira's true parentage
Collections:
Xovers For My Soul 🔀, Identity Crisis, THE 🎵 UBIQ 🦋 ☠ THE 🎭 UNIQUE 🌹
Stats:
Published:
2021-05-17
Completed:
2023-08-31
Words:
212,671
Chapters:
9/9
Comments:
495
Kudos:
733
Bookmarks:
281
Hits:
44,029

Akira's true parentage [ABANDONED/REWRITTEN]

Summary:

Harry Potter was abandoned by his parents to his abusive relatives. He lived there for four years until he was saved by a Japanese couple, the Kurusus, who had later adopted him. With the adoption, Harry changed his name to Akira Kurusu. But the name change had wide spreading consequences, because of the name change, he unintentionally changed the bonds. Lady Magic accepted the boy's name change and replaced the bonds, which had led that the Potter's and Sirius had lost everything, because Harry was the main heir and their source of power. Sentenced to poverty and destitution, the Potters, Sirius and Remus with the help of the headmaster, Molly and Minerva were trying to find their ungrateful son/godson, in order to regain control of the money and Wizengamot seats. Will they be successful?

Notes:

Hello, I am publishing this story again. I do not know, what came over me to delete the first chapter. So, I am putting the chapter back. There were some minor issues with the story, but I hope you like it now. Don't be rude.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

Chapter 1: Prologue

Surrey Medical Center, Hospital Room 327 February 10th 2006

A five-year old Harry Potter woke up in a hospital bed, where he heard the beeping of the hospital devices. He didn't know, what had happened, but he knew that he was in a hospital room. He was trying to stand up, but it didn't work, because every bone of his body ached. After a while he tried to remember, how he could have ended up here and found out that he was hit repeatedly by his aunt with a frying pan, because he put the seeds in the wrong flower bed. She called him useless, a waste of space and a freak and began to hit him with the pan repeatedly. When he got unconscious, the last thing he heard was his aunt's voice.

But how did he end up here? Suddenly he heard the door open and a nurse entered his room. When she saw that he was awake, the nurse called an available doctor. After the doctor arrived, he introduced himself: "Ah, hello, Mr. Potter, my name is Doctor Martin Stone. You are here, because you suffered a head injury that has led to unconsciousness. Reading your file, we have found out that your parents are unknow and that you were living with Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley and Dudley Dursley. Furthermore, we have examined your body and found many injuries old and young that you have suffered from the age of two until now. We were able to fix the physical part, but we would suggest that you visit a therapist, in order to work through everything out. Apart from that, you can't return to your relatives. They have been punished for their actions and you don't need worry that they will hurt you. Are there any questions?"

Harry just stared at this man. The Dursleys were arrested. He let out a sigh of relief, but he asked himself, who could have reported this. Harry asked terrified since normally he wasn't allowed to ask questions, when he was living with the Dursleys: "How did this happen?" "A Japanese couple, Toisho and Aiko Kurusu, who were vacating. They saw, how Petunia Dursley was hitting you with a frying pan over your head repeatedly. Mrs. Kurusu quickly has called the law enforcement and the ambulance. Mrs. Dursley has tried to deny it, but the police haven’t believed her, because she was holding the frying pan in her right hand and there two witnesses, who had seen everything. The police took the frying pan that has been covered with your blood and she has been immediately handcuffed. Afterwards the police have examined the house and your 'room'. The officers have found evidence that also Mr Dursley has been involved in your abuse. He has been arrested at work. He was screaming how the freak will pay for this and that he should have died with his parents. Your cousin has been taken in by the child services and they have pressed charges on him, when he has revealed that he has helped his parents with the abuse and how it was no problem. But you don't need to worry about them anymore. They are now taken care", Doctor Stone answered re-assuredly. Normally he didn't like to answer such questions.

As Doctor Stone was checking him up, a slim woman with brown hair and blue eyes and a Japanese couple following suit entered the room. The woman introduced herself and the couple: "Hello, Harry, my name is Miranda Benson. I am working with the child services and I have come here to introduce you to your new guardians. Toisho and Aiko Kurusu. After what has happened to you, we have tried to contact your parents, but they have been unreachable and the Kurusus have readily agreed to adopt you. Would you be alright with this?" Miranda didn't want to mention that she wasn't able to find anything regarding the Potter boy's parents. Harry just nodded and when the Kurusus asked him, if it would be alright for a name change, Harry readily agreed, because his old name reminded him of pain and abuse. The Kurusus didn't want to rush things fast, but Harry wanted to change his name completely and legally. After some discussion, the Kurusus renamed Harry Potter to Akira Kurusu. And this change would destroy a lot of plans of a certain old goat.

After Akira Kurusu, formerly Harry Potter, accepted his new name and created a bond with his parents, he wasn't the only one, who accepted the change. Lady Magic herself did agree with the change. The name Harry Potter disappeared from all magical records in the wizarding world like a Harry Potter had never existed and Lady Magic cut the ties between Harry Potter and his biological parents and two of his godparents and replaced them with the Kurusus, and this was going to be painful for James, Lily, Sirius and Remus, because if Lady Magic cut the ties between the child and the godparents/parents, then the godparents/parents were the ones, who were going to feel the pain. In addition, the twin bond with Akira's biological twin brother John Potter was severed and this would be even more painful, because Lady Magic had seen the twin bond as a leech, where John was getting the magic from his twin brother without repaying it back, in order to balance it out with his twin. It seemed like that John Potter was only powerful, because he was getting the magic with the help of the twin bond from his twin and never had bothered to create his own magic, but without it, the power level of the boy would fall to mediocrity. And from that day on a Harry Potter ceased to exist in this world, but an Akira Kurusu was born, who was going to piss off a certain manipulative headmaster.

Far way, in an old castle in Scotland, unknowingly to anyone, the name Harry Potter was crossed from the Hogwarts registration and disappeared. Never to be replaced.

And in Potter Manor loud screams echoed through the entire house, stunning the visiting guests, who had been invited to another ball. James and Lily felt the cut like a scissor was ripping through their insides and there was John. The boy screamed bloody murder, coughing blood and falling on the floor flinching. Sirius and Remus had a hard time to breath and sat on their chairs heavily like someone was cutting their insides with a knife. No one did know, what had happened, apart from the elder Potters, Sirius and Remus. They lost their son/godson Harry. How could this happen? It means that he replaced them with a new family and accepted a new bond with the said family. He also could have a new name. They quickly were sent into St. Mungos and the ball was cancelled, when they fell unconscious.

In St. Mungos

Albus, Minerva and Molly went into St. Mungos to see, what had happened. Albus talked with the healers: "My dear girl, I want to know, what has happened with the James, Lily, John, Sirius and Remus." The healer just sighed, she knew, how pressuring this man could be, but it wouldn't hurt to tell him, what had happened. "Well, headmaster Dumbledore, Mr. and Mrs. Potter, Lord Black, and Mr. Lupin suffered a loss by replacement from Lady Magic. This means to James Potter, Lily Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin a son/godson broke the parental/godparental bonds and replaced the bond with a different family. But I have a question, do the Potters have another twin son or daughter? I mean, you claim that you are a good friend to them, so I believe that you should know." Albus flinched. This couldn't be happening. What if H-? Wait why didn't he remember the other Potter boy's name? What had that brat done? This couldn't be happening. He asked her kindly: "For what do you need this information?" "Because John Potter has lost a lot of magic and he is nearly a squib. From our diagnostic, he will be a mediocre wizard for the rest of his life, if he starts to produce his own magic. John Potter doesn't have the same power level than the year before, where he had an over-average power level. So, could you tell us if you remember even his or her name, if not then it seems like that Lady Magic deleted all records and memories about his twin brother or sister in this world", the healer explained.

Albus froze. He couldn't have this. If someone found out about H- Grr, what was his name again. Albus withheld a growl, but it didn't matter. If someone found out about the other Potter boy and what he had done, then James, Lily, Sirius and Remus were going to go through hell in the wizarding world. James and Sirius were going to lose their lordships, their seats and the access to the Potter, Peverell, Gryffindor and Black Family fortune. This meant that they were practically broke and destitute until they found a way to get H- the other Potter boy back into the family, because only through the other Potter boy they could access the Vaults and Seats, and the boy was the main heir and the source of James' and Sirius' power over the Wizengamot. When the other Potter boy was born, they found out with the help of an inheritance paper that the boy was the heir to the Potter family declared by Charlus Potter and heir to the Peverell and Gryffindor families due to the first born clause. Arcturus Black, the former Lord Black, announced the oldest Potter child to be his heir to the Black family since John was found unworthy after Sirius blood adopted both boys. So, Harry had a lot of power over the Wizenagamot and a great number of vaults. They even created a marriage contract between Ginny, the youngest daughter of the house Weasley, and Harry, so that he stayed on a light path, but now the marriage contract didn't even exist and if he ever returned back, they needed to recreate another marriage contract or reactivate the previous one, because the boy's name was deleted by Lady Magic herself from the entire wizarding world including in Gringotts. Now, everything was for nothing, because of the replacement bond, the Potters and Sirius had no access to the Potter's, Black's, Peverell's and Gryffindor's vaults, properties and seats. The boy will have access to the vaults and seats apart from the Blacks, because with the replacement bond, the boy abandoned his duties as heir Black. This meant the next in line would be the young Malfoy boy, whose mother is a Black too and not disowned like Andromeda or in Azkaban like Bellatrix. Now the only ones with the access to the vaults and seats were the boy's new guardians and the worst thing was he didn't know, who they were. And Narcissa Malfoy could have access to the Black family fortune since she is the mother of the current heir Black. He needed to find the boy and force him back into the Potter family and rekindle the Godparental bond with Sirius and Remus, so that James, Lily, Remus and Sirius would not lose their faces and reputation, but where could he be? He didn't believe that the boy was with the Dursleys, because they despised magic. It must be another magical or maybe non-magical family that had offered the boy a loving home and the boy, as desperate as any abused child would be, accepted it and changed his name too. His plans were ruined. It was just a simple task, but now everything went out of control.

After the Potters were attacked, they sent Harry to the Dursleys deliberately so that he was raised ignorant to his heritage and as lords of their houses and regents of the houses of Peverell and Gryffindor since Harry was still underage, they were able to access the vaults in the bank and seats on the Wizengamot. It was beneficial to the light side, the order and for him, but now the light side would lose a lot of power and the neutrals with the power boost of the Malfoy seat could gain control over the Wizengamot, because with those seats he became Chief Warlock and was able to push any law he wanted, but now he would lose the Chief Warlock position to the neutral section and there was nothing he could do. He needed to think. Albus shook his head for an answer to the healer's question and she noted it down that it was a replacement bond that had caused these issues. She left to explain to the other healers about, what was wrong with the Potters, Lord Black and Remus Lupin. What no one saw, was a green beetle, who had eavesdropped the conversation and had the story of her life.

Albus met with Molly and Minerva at the entrance, both women looking like to demand answers. Minerva began: "Albus, what has happened with James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and John? Are they alright? Will they get through." "Yes, Minerva, they will be alright, but there is a problem. They have lost the Potter heir. The bond between James, Lily, Sirius and Remus have been cut and John's twin bond has been severed, because the main heir has been accepted by another family and the bonds has been replaced. It also means that James and Sirius have lost their lordships, because the other Potter boy was the main heir of the Potter and Black family and without him, they lose their positions and standings in the wizarding world, and John has been too dependent on his former brother's magic and now without it, the boy will be a mediocre wizard for the rest of his life, until the boy re-bonds with his his family", Albus said, struggling not to call the boy's name, because his memories would be in a disarray again, if he tried to remember. Minerva just stared. This was bad for their cause. How could H- wait, why didn't she remember his name? Why couldn't she recall his name? What had the boy done? Minerva asked: "Albus, I can't recall the other Potter boy's name. What has he done?" "I am also trying to remember the other boy's name, but I can't remember the name. Albus, what is going on?", Molly asked fearfully. Albus sighed and answered in an old voice: "It seems like that Lady Magic has accepted the new bond and even the name change that the other boy's new family has offered him. So, Lady Magic has deleted the former name from all records in the wizarding world including the records in Gringotts and everyone, who has known the other Potter boy's name, will not be able to remember the name apart from the boy's biological family and godparents. So, only James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and John will remember the name and no one else. If they try to tell someone, who is not family, the person will forget it immediately and if they try to write the name down, then the name will fade away within seconds. Apart from that, the marriage contract, Molly, is now invalid since the other boy doesn't even exist anymore." Molly was ready to start screaming. Her daughter would not get the life she deserved. They thought with the marriage contract, they could be richer and more powerful than with the Prewett name alone and even famous with John being the boy-who-lived, but now everything was for nothing. How dare that boy abandon his loving family like this and then he had the audacity to drag his parents and godparents into poverty and destitution. Minerva questioned: "Is there a way to fix this?" "No, Minerva, we need the boy to rekindle his bond with his family and in that way, we could fix it, but the biggest question is, where is the boy?", Albus questioned, even though he didn't like this statement. Minerva and Molly just nodded, but they couldn't help Albus with anything for now.

They quickly flooed to Hogwarts. Albus and Minerva were looking through the Hogwarts registry for the year 2011/12 and found out in their private fury that the boy's name had disappeared. Albus needed to make arrangements that the replacement bond didn't become public knowledge, because the Potters, Sirius and Remus would be ostracized from society and disgraced and then his own reputation would be destroyed, because everything would be linked back to him sooner or later. Why did this have to happen now? Why did the brat do this? Everything was running smoothly and now everything crushed down. He needed to fix this.

At the next day, the articles were writing about the replacement bond and how the main heir and source of the Potter and Black family had cut the ties with his biological parents and godparents and severed the bond with the boy-who-lived. It went into detail that the Potters and Lord Black had lost everything and that they were now broke and destitute. Rita also explained what a replacement bond was and how to create one and made a hysteria that the Potters, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin had betrayed the main heir out of jealousy because of the boy's power. Then there she was writing about John, how the healers explained that he was now a near-squib and when he became an adult, he would be a mediocre wizard. The wizarding world was disappointed that the hero was now a near squib and their powerful saviour was now in their eyes weak against you-know-who. The articles were smearing the Potter and Sirius Black’s names through the mud. Albus was trying to fix this, but it didn't work, because his reputation would be at risk and he could be linked back to their actions. A week later, when the Potters except John, who would spend another month in the hospital, woke up from their comas and were released from the hospital, they went to live in Godric's Hollow since they didn't have access to Potter Manor anymore. When they settled in, they received dozens of howlers from the angry public. They were told that they were traitors to the magical world, freaks and child abusing monsters. Lily always shook at the word "freak", because during her childhood and her teenage years, she was verbally and sometimes physically abused by her older sister, Petunia, and her sister always called her this, when she was at home with her sister during the holidays. She now just ran to her room, locking herself up and crying in a dark corner wondering if that how she would be treated in the wizarding world. Albus also informed them that the Dursleys had been arrested for child abuse and they shouldn't contact them in prison, because of Rita Skeeter and the other reporters. There was no point in asking them, where Harry was. He also told them that since Harry had changed his name, he must be living with another family. So, to sum it up, he wasn't living with Lily's relatives any longer, but somewhere unknown to them and they didn't like it at all.

When James and Sirius arrived at the Wizengamot and tried to sit down on their respectable seats, they were rejected by the Potter, Peverell, Gryffindor and Black seats. The seats froze and they were told by the other Wizengamot members to leave the Wizengamot since they had no seats anymore, because of the replacement bond. James and Sirius were absolutely furious. They were going to find Harry and force him back into the family, willingly or not. Didn't the child understand, what he had done? They were now suffering, because of Harry's actions. They just stayed and watched the Wizengamot proceed without them. The next horrible thing was that the neutral side outvoted the light side slightly and Albus lost his Chief Warlock position to Lucius Malfoy, who was the leader of neutral fraction. Albus was furious about the loss and the worst thing was that he couldn't do anything to stop this. When Lucius sat down at the seat of the Chief Warlock seat, Albus took his seat at the Dumbledore seat in the light fraction. The neutrals had full control and they were going to cause trouble for his greater good, because even though, they were not death eaters, they really even challenged him at the Wizengamot sometimes.

He really hoped to find the Potter brat and get him back to the Potter family, because that was how he would regain his position. Now, he could only watch, how the neutral section was going to destroy his work by giving creatures equal rights and allow and encourage the old religion back into the wizarding world. These next years would be horrible and he knew it.