Actions

Work Header

The Hood in a Mask

Summary:

After Laurel's death, Oliver finds a mask, and when he puts it on, it turns him into a cartoonish but very violent being. One-shot.

Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Arrow, The Mask or anything else you may recognize

So this idea I got from re-watching 'The Mask' today, still love the film.

Thanks to Brainstorm Sorcerer for some help there.

Anyway, in the comics, the Mask was much more brutal and psychotic, so in here he will be a combination of film and comic.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Star City, hospital

Oliver Queen's back was to the wall, an expression of pain over his face, though the expression hid how broken he truly felt inside on losing Laurel Lance, his oldest friend alongside Tommy Merlyn.

His back slid down as he felt shame creep up in him. She had died because he didn't have the guts to get the job done. His year 1 self would be ashamed of what he had become now.

And why had he become this? To please Felicity and Diggle?

The former, while she loved him, never respected him. She got angry at him when he kept secrets, but was perfectly fine with keeping a good number of her own.

Diggle, oh that idiot, how had he even made it to Special Forces and gotten married to an amazing woman like Lyla with a mindset like that? His morality was so self-righteously black and white it made him want to throw up.

They never understood the hard calls he made, and they never would.

Damien Darkh was going to pay for his sins, and so were other bad people.

With those thoughts in mind, he stood up, as his eyes were on another man who seemed to be on death's bed in the room in front of him.

Suddenly, he heard the man flat-line as his hand went limp, and a wooden mask dropped to the ground.

Oliver looked at the mask, feeling drawn to it as he opened the door and walked inside, bending down to pick it up as he looked at it.

Doctor Schwartz and some nurses arrived inside, trying to revive the man as Oliver turned around and left, the mask in his hand.

It seemed to be calling out to him. And he wanted to put it on.


Later, night time

Oliver looked at the mask in his place. It looked so ordinary, but he just felt something from it that he couldn't describe.

He wanted to put it on, but he felt something off about it too, which was what stayed his hand. He was shocked he had even brought it here.

But whatever in that was calling out to him, it was a little stronger than even his will, which said something because Oliver had amazing willpower.

Reaching out to the mask, Oliver turned it over and put it on his face.

Immediately, he grunted as the mask got stuck on his face, and started turning liquid, wrapping around his whole head as Oliver tried to pull it off, but it didn't come off. Lightning now cracked in the sky as well as Oliver grunted, then spun like a tornado in the whole room, things falling off here and there.

And now when Oliver stood again, his face was green and bald, and there was a wide, psychotic grin on his face.

"SSSSSSMOKIN'!"

He looked at the mirror and declared. "It's city failing time! Or more accurately, termination time of city failures! Why? Because they failed this city!"


Damien Darkh had come to his base with Malcolm Merlyn and Michael Amar, where Ruve and the others were discussing stuff.

"So, Genesis will go as planned", one of the councilmen started.

"Plan? That is so boring?"

They turned to a corner of a room as the lights turned on by themselves, and there stood a man in a green mask, a psychotic grin on his face.

"It's a good thing you are planning in this city though. Everyone loves to plan here", the Mask said, pacing around. "All have plans- you do, you did, cops do, even vigilantes did, but it is so, so boring, ain't it?"

They stared at him as he said. "Don't stare at me, I'm just telling-"

He was cut off when Damien lifted him up by magic. "Nice performance, but I'm on a tight schedule."

The Mask grasped his neck, screeching in pain as his eyes actually bulged out in a cartoonish fashion, and his voices sounded like they were from a cartoon too.

Damien telekinetically brought the Mask closer to him and started absorbing his life force as the Mask fell down, looking he was gonna die.

He then grasped Malcolm, getting into his lap. "Hold me closer, red", he made weird mouth movements, "it's getting dark."

He looked away, coughing, and said to Malcolm. "Tell Auntie Em to let Old Yeller out."

Then he looked away and coughed harder as Damien cringed before he looked back at Malcolm. "Tell Tiny Tim I won't be coming home this Christmas."

He then looked away and coughed even harder, as Malcolm, Ruve and the Council had tears, while he turned back to Malcolm. "Tell Scarlett I do give a damn."

He then looked away, about to cough again before instead coughing right on Malcolm's face, and there was a weird fart noise too. "Pardon me."

And then he went limp, his mouth wide open as everyone but Damien and Amar wept at the sight.

Then a hand appeared out of nowhere, handing the Mask an Oscar as he took it and got up, holding it close to him with a smile as there was applause too by an audience.

Damien now started fixing his suit, realizing he needed to look good for the audience as the Mask said gratefully. "Thank you, you love me, you really love me."

He laughed and gave them a flying kiss, about to walk off when the audience disappeared and now Andy Diggle arrived, pulling out his gun. "You're not going anywhere."

And then he fired at the Mask who staggered back, groaning in pain and making an 'O' face from his lips as the bullets hit him, and he staggered to a pillar.

Then he got back up and grabbed his chest, making vomiting noises, then looking at Andy, vomited the bullets on his face at high speed as he died on the spot.

"Sorry, bad stomach, ate too much lead products today", the Mask said as he started turning something in his wrists.

"Now watch a few quick turns of the wrists", he said as he made a toy giraffe. "And we have a giraffe!"

They all watched in shock as he twisted some more. "A couple of well-placed twists", he made a French poodle, "And voila! We have a French poodle!"

He twisted more. "Several more twists and we have my favorite….a Tommy gun!"

And that's what it was, and before anyone could react, he shot it right at Damien's idol as an arrow shot out at the speed of a bullet, shattering it.

Next up, he fired it at Amar's guts, who was dead in seconds, and then next one went through Malcolm's, well…region. He screamed in pain as next one went through his mouth and protruded from the back of his head, as he started dying slowly.

Damien tried to do something but the Mask took out another gun, and shot both at him rapidly as he was covered in multiple arrows, and fell down, dead. And the other Councilmen were killed just like that.

As Malcolm took his last breath, the Mask said. "Steps to avoid termination- do not fail this city!"

His eyes widened as he realized who it was, and then he died.


Few weeks later, Central City

After attending Laurel's funeral, Barry had been in battle against the meta-humans besieging the city under Zoom, with cops helping out.

Suddenly, the Mask appeared in the middle of the street, and started dancing as 'Cuban Pete' played in the background.

He shook his hands and legs perfectly, as the metas watched in shock. "They call me Cuban Pete, I'm the king of the rumba beat. When I play the maracas I go chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky boom."

He shook his booty as he said that and some of the metas shook too.

He danced more, moving around on the streets. "Yessir, I'm Cuban Pete. I'm the craze of my native street. When I start to dance, Everything goes chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky boom."

He walked to a corner to Iris, who was covering the fight for her newspaper and shook his booty in front of her. "The senoritas they sing and they swing with terampero-. It's very nice, so full of spice."

Iris tried to touch his booty as he shook it. "And when they dance in they bring a happy ring that era keros- Singin' a song, all the day long."

Then an arrow shot out of his ass and went through her hand, making her scream in agony as she fell down while Barry and Joe looked enraged but found themselves mesmerized by his performance still.

Then he slid on a see-saw and jumped down in front of Earth-2 Laurel, who watched in shock as he sang. "So if you like the beat, take a lesson from Cuban Pete. And I'll teach you to chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom."

He waved his hands on her face and she started dancing and singing too, looking surprised. "He's really a modest guy, although he's the hottest guy." Then she decided to just roll with it. "In Havana, in Havana."

He then came up behind her, the two dancing on top of a car. "Si, sinorita I know that you would like to chicky-boom-chick."

Now all the metas and cops, including Barry and Joe, had joined the performance too.

"It's very nice, so full of spice."

The mask and E-2 Laurel danced. "I'll place my hand on your hip, and if you will just give me your hand."

She slapped him twice as he held her hand, dancing. "Then we shall try - just you and I. I-yi-yi!"

He dropped her among the other metas who held her as she looked blissful, looking like she had been made to orgasm over 10 times in a second. Though to be fair, dancing with the Mask did do that to you.

He danced more, now everyone on the streets following his moves, Zoom included. "So if you like the beat, take a lesson from Cuban Pete. And I'll teach you chick-chicky-boom, Chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom."

He then suddenly took out a bow and shot at Zoom, the arrow going at the speed of a speedster as Zoom was hit on the leg, screaming in pain and staggering.

Then suddenly the Mask took out multiple arrows, somehow managing to hold and draw them at once as he tried to fire but the string cartoonishly freed itself from his hand before time.

He tried again but the bow cartoonishly shot back.

He tried a third time but now the bow cartoonishly dropped down, straight up, leaving the arrows in his hands.

He picked the bow up and aimed, shaking his booty, and fired again as all arrows hit Zoom at the speed of a speedster, finally killing him once and for all. He did it again and all metas except E-2 Laurel were killed, while she got shot in the both the thigs, and another arrow put a tape over her mouth, through which she couldn't scream.

With that, the Mask made his escape from the area, and no one ever found out it was Oliver Queen, who ditched the Mask soon after this incident, having taken down Damien and Zoom.

He then kicked out the whole team other than Thea, while a repentant Sara returned, and so they formed a team of their own, and took down scumbags, killing only if needed.

But Oliver knew he had made the right call in using that Mask against Damien and Zoom.

Notes:

And done, hope you all enjoyed this. Funny and disturbing at the same time.

Stay safe from the coronavirus ya all!