Actions

Work Header

Chapter 5: Confrontation

Notes:

And here's the chapter that was supposed to come out last night but because I'm not the smartest person, chapter four had to come out last night.

Here's chapter five, it's kinda short, but the next chapter is going to be a lot longer.

Chapter Text

Confrontation

“Keiji…” Tsukishima looked Akaashi up and down.

“That wasn’t an answer to my question, Kei, what the hell are you doing here?” Akaashi scoffed.

He sighed, “Well you blocked me… on everything… and moved away without saying a word, so here I am.”

Akaashi rolled his eyes and now both Oikawa and Sugawara were behind him, “What do you want?”

“We were together for 3 years, Keiji, you can’t just up and leave without talking to me first.” He flailed his arms.

“Yeah. We were together for 3 years, but you were cheating on me for a year of that relationship, so I’m not too sure you deserve a conversation, Tsukishima.” He shook his head and crossed his arms, “I left because I couldn’t stand seeing you or all of the places we went, that you probably brought Yamaguchi-Kun to as well. The memories were too much, Kei.”

“I’m sorry Keiji, really, I am.” Tsukishima reached for Akaashi’s hand on his arm, but Akaashi unfolded his arms and put his hands behind him, he sighed, “Please, can we just talk?” He glanced over at Sugawara and Oikawa, “...Alone…?”

“Why?” Akaashi asked, “Why should I talk to you?”

“Please?”

He looked back at Sugawara and Oikawa, then back to Tsukishima, “Fine.” He slipped on some slippers, walked out of the house, closing the door behind him and sat down on the step.

“Keiji, I’m so sorry that you had to catch Tadashi and I…” Tsukishima started his explanation, sitting on the step next to Akaashi.

He took a deep breath, “I knew it was happening. You two weren’t careful about it at all, but if you were in love with him you should have just broken up with me. You didn’t need to lead me on. Yamaguchi-Kun is a nice guy and I know the whole childhood friendship made you two really close, and even when I knew it was happening I tried not to accept it because I didn’t think you’d actually do something like that to hurt me-”

“It wasn’t to hurt you!” Tsukishima interrupted.

Akaashi ignored him, and continued, “We were living together. you asked me to move in with you, Kei, so as to why you would cheat on me I have no fucking idea. I loved you- Love you so much, but clearly it’s not reciprocated.” He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

“Keiji!” He stood up and pulled Akaashi up by his hands, “I didn’t cheat on you for a year and not tell you because I didn’t love you god damnit! I cheated on you because I love Tadashi too and I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to hurt you!” He shouted, holding both of Akaashi’s hands.

“Too late.” He licked his lips and looked down at the floor, “I’m beyond ‘hurt’, Kei.” He made eye contact with him now, “You broke me. I didn’t get out of bed for almost a week. I stayed at a hotel for both of those weeks and survived off of room service, beer, and television. I didn’t talk to anybody except for Suga-Kun and Tooru-Kun on the night I caught you. They called me many times afterwards but my mental state could not handle talking to anyone. After that week I tried leaving the hotel but things kept reminding me of you. Eventually I started running out of money because I got fired from my job because I wasn’t coming in so I couldn’t pay for the hotel and I moved back here. I was finally starting to piece myself back together.” He let go of his hands now, and slowly reached up to Tsukishima’s face, stroking his cheek with the back of his hand, “Seeing you here… I am trying my best not to break down on the spot.” His eyes started filling with tears.

“I really didn’t mean for this to happen, Keiji… I am so sorry.” Tsukisima wiped Akaashi’s eyes so that they were void of tears, “Please don’t cry…” He whispered, tears starting to form in his eyes.

“I’m trying not to…” He took a deep breath and blinked back his tears, “Can you just please leave? Go be happy with Yamaguchi-Kun and just… leave me alone so that I can be happy too?”

He sighed heavily, “I can do that if it’s what you really want, Keiji…”

Akaashi smiled, “Thank you.” He started crying and pulled him into a hug, burying his face into his chest, “Thank you, Kei…”

Tsukishima stroked his hair, “mhm… Of course.”

Akaashi let go of him and wiped away his tears, taking a deep breath and chuckling so that he wouldn’t cry again, “I love you, I always will. Goodbye.” He stepped on his tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek which Tsukishima returned and Akaashi turned to go back into the house.

“I love you too… Goodbye…” He went to walk back to his car, where Yamaguchi was waiting for him.

Once Akaashi got back into the house he found Sugawara and Oikawa scurrying away from the window, “That was very obvious coming from you two,” Akaashi said.

“You kissed his cheek and he kissed your cheek.” Oikawa stated the obvious, “Why did you kiss his cheek?”

“Why cheek kiss?” Sugawara added.

“It was a goodbye kiss. He’s gone for good.” Akaashi gulped and shrugged, heading towards the kitchen, “I don’t really wanna talk about it.”

“Well are you okay?” Sugawara sighed, “You were crying…”

“I’m fine.” He said, “Everything is fine.”

“Are you sure Keiji-Chan?” Oikawa asked.

“Yes, I am sure.”

***

“Kuroo!” Bokuto ran out of his room, about a couple minutes after Akaashi hung up on him, and into Kuroo’s room, “Kuroo! Tetsurou! He hung up on me!” He whined, “He hung up on me, he probably hates me, I think I did something wrong!” He flopped onto Kuroo’s bed.

“Who?” Kuroo asked, “Akaashi-San?”

Bokuto nodded, still whining, “Uh-huh.” He frowned.

“Well maybe something came up.” Kuroo suggested, “Just because he hung up doesn’t mean he hates you Bo.”

“Ah, but what if he does hate me? What if I annoyed him, or tried moving too quickly and now he hates me?”

Kuroo laughed, “Calm down Bo, I’m sure something just came up and he will call you back.”

“Or he hates me.” Bokuto added.

Kuroo shrugged, not arguing with Bokuto, “Or he hates you,” he nodded, teasing Bokuto for overreacting.

Bokuto sat up and threw a pillow that was at the end of the bed at Kuroo’s face, “Rude. You’re supposed to reassure me into him not hating me. Hmph," He pouted, and then remembered the time, "Hey, aren’t you supposed to be getting ready for your date?”

“No, it’s not until 8:00…”

“It’s 7:30, Tetsurou…”

His eyes widened, “What? Really? Already? Shit, his house is 15 minutes away and I have to pick him up. Sorry Bo, you’re on your own….” He got up, panicking and started getting ready as quickly as he could.

Bokuto sighed and went back to his room. He sat down on the floor and stared at his phone, “What did I do wrong?” He mumbled to himself.

Then his phone lit up and started ringing, the caller id said ‘Akaashi Keiji’, Bokuto lit up almost as much as his phone, he had a huge grin on his face as he answered the phone, “Akaashi-Kun, hi!”

“Hello Bokuto-San, I’m sorry about hanging up on you earlier, someone came to my door and I had to talk to them. I’d love to hang out with you tomorrow.” Akaashi said, remembering what Bokuto asked before Akaashi hung up.

Bokuto smiled, “Really? Well we could go get ice cream or… go to the park… or we could just go get coffee if those things are too childish, I dunno… Tetsurou-Kun says I’m really childish but-” He started suggesting ideas.

Akaashi interrupted him, “Bokuto-San, calm down…” He chuckled and it gave Bokuto butterflies, “We can do whatever you want. I’ll probably be off of work around 5pm, unless a walk-in comes in and I have to do that.”

“Okay, well then we can go get ice cream and then take a walk in the park?” Bokuto suggested in the form of a question.

“That sounds good.”

“Perfect, I’ll be at work, the flower shop,” he reminded Akaashi, “When you get off work you can just come across the street and we can go.” He chuckled though it was more a giggle of excitement.

Akaashi loved hearing the sound of Bokuto laughing, it made him chuckle as well, “Sounds good, Bokuto-San, I will see you tomorrow.”

“Okay, see you soon Akaashi-Kun!” Bokuto smiled and Akaashi hung up.