Actions

Work Header

Ragnarök

Summary:

Semi-goddesses, Nornir rule the destiny of gods and men.
When they manifest in the world of men, Eivor must prepare herself for her biggest battle : The End Of the World.

 Inspired by the Asgard Arc in AC Valhalla
Enjoy !

UPDATE MARCH 9TH 2022 : Currently rewriting. Turning it into a one-shot work propably.

Chapter 1: Coming home

Chapter Text

Cold wind through her hair, Eivor sailed back to England. The trip to Vinland was fueled with both determination and anger, relief in her heart on her way back as she sent Gorm Kjotveson to rot in the depths of Helheim. She paid her blood dept, she was burden-free.

The only thing Eivor wanted right now was to go home, to see her people, to see him, to FEEL him. She had told Vili about her plan to take Kjotveson down and refused his help, claiming it was a thing she had to do alone. 

 

"Let me go with you" he insisted the night before her departure as she laid on his chest after their lovemaking, his fingers lightly touching the skrælingi emblem tattooed on her spine. As much as he had faith in Eivor, he couldn't stop fear from rising into his chest. He loved her, and so did her, even though at first she called them "a flickering flame". How wrong she was then. 



"I swear by the All-Father that I will come back home to you. You won't get rid of me so easily, Arse-stick. I'm the Wolf-kissed after all."   



Hanging on her every word, he smiled as she straddled him, the shades of the bedroom's nearby fire reflecting on their bodies as they melt in each other's like a dance. She left with Nessa the next morning, leaving her loved ones behind, unable to tell when she'd come back... Or if she'd come back at all. 



  "Hey Eivor ! Tell me about that big dark-haired guy on the deck the day we left?" Nessa said, snapping Eivor out of her daydream. She wasn't the type of girl to easily express her feelings to anybody but Nessa seemed nice enough to share stories with.



"His name's Vili. We've been friends since childhood back in Norway long ago. By Loki, we were always up to no good." She remembered, smiling at the thought of their pranks in Stavanger. "We had been separated for ten years, until I was requested in Snotingehamscire. He has grown into a fine man. He was supposed to take over jarldom after his father's passing but he joined my clan as a jomsviking." Joined me, she thought to herself. "I'm..."



"LAND AHOY!"  



This distraction was most welcome. After weeks and weeks of travel, water as far as the eye could see, the mouth of the Nene River appeared like magic through the fog. The crew sang their excitement out loud. It was not until later that afternoon that they finally reached Ravensthorpe. Cheers roared as they were all waiting to welcome their Jarl back. 

 

As Eivor berthed, Sigurd as well as Randvi and the others were waiting for her under the big carved-wood gate at the entrance of Ravensthorpe, eyes full of pride and heart of relief. Despite Basim trying to break the bond they shared since childhood, clouding Sigurd's mind with lies, despite all the tragedies they endured, the Nornir's foretold treason, Eivor Wolfsmal still remained her brother's keeper and both the children of the Great North renewed their promises of being there for each other.

 

My heart is full with mirth as you return to us at last, sister. Sigurd said, hugging her. What about Gorm, the Wolf Clan ? Are you freed from this burdensome task ?

 

Brother Eivor began. This clan is forever erased from the surface of Midgard, from history as well. This son of a sow joined his demon of a father to rot in Hellheim. I am indeed, free.

 

Sigurd smiled to her. This burden was way too heavy on Wolfsmal's shoulders since her younger years after Heillboer's attack, her youth sacrified as she hunted down those responsibles for her parents' death. As Sigurd declared a feast to be organised in Eivor's honor in the longhouse, Randvi came next to her and whispered in her hear As happy as I am to see you among us Eivor, I believe there is somebody eager to greet you back . And then, a known figure appeared.

Sigurd and Randvi aside, Vili presented himself in front of his beloved, taking her rough hands in his, his forehead against hers, their breathing against each other's face.

 

"You came back to me"

 

"Glad to see you did not flee while I was gone, Arse-stick" Eivor said smiling, hugging him. His scent was intoxicating her every senses. Feeling his big arms around her tiny frame made her legs shake.

 

"Never crossed my mind, Chicken Drengr. Where would you have me to go anyway ? You could set Niflheim on fire to find me." Vili answered. She remained the same as the memory he kept of her the last night before her departure though he did notice a new little scar on the edge of her right eyebrow. Eivor winced a bit when Vili slightly brushed his finger on it.

 

"By Freyja, Eivor, I just.... Don't leave me again. Okay ? We were all worried sick. I know you can handle yourself but if something were to happen to you, I don't think I could..."

 

"Vili, I'm fine.” she stopped him, noticing worry in his eyes.Njörd* himself didn't succeed to keep me parted from you. I don't think Odin could, even if He tried. Now come on, I have a lot to tell you about Vinland, we have a feast coming tonight, I'm tired, hungry and, above all, thirsty!"

 

By those simple words, Vili felt relieved and kissed her. Hard. He pours all his love into that kiss. Though she was the fearless Wolf-Kissed known accross all England, he knew her better than anybody. He wanted to shield her from everything this world would throw at them. They had spent ten years apart, they would not be parted from each other any longer. Taking her hand in his, Vili led Eivor towards the great skáli** to get some rest before the feast, the children of Ravensthorpe following them closely, asking Eivor to tell stories about that strange land called Vinland.