Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Into the Grey
Stats:
Published:
2021-04-19
Updated:
2021-06-30
Words:
14,079
Chapters:
10/?
Comments:
71
Kudos:
587
Bookmarks:
214
Hits:
12,798

(1st) Phoenix (or Egg)

Chapter 8: Confusion

Chapter Text

Chapter 8. Confusion


Date: June-23-2000 (32 BY) Galactic Year; 25075
Location: Asgard, The Asgardian Royal Palace, West Wing, Royal Prince's suites, Prince Thor's Royal Chambers, Bedroom
POV: Thor Býleistr Odinson
Gender: Male -- Age: 15 -- Species: Aesir -- Power: Sorcerer 

Prince Thor startles awake at the sound of a loud *THUD* followed by the sound of Loki’s childlike voice cursing in Midgardian English while someone tugs on his bed covers. “By the Norns, Thor! If you don't wake the Hell Up I will not hesitate to stab your scrawny form!” 

Thor leaned down peering at the source of the voice from atop his rather comfortable bed. There on the gold tiled floor, fruitlessly fighting with his bedding, is Loki. Though his hair is far shorter than the length Loki has kept it at as of late. In fact, everything about him is far shorter. Still yet, the child tangled in his golden bed covers appears to be his little brother.

“Brother?” Thor asks, confused and oddly hopeful, getting to his feet. “Is this Valhalla?” Thor asks, before looking around his old bedroom in bewilderment and fear. “This is a highly odd form for Valhalla to take.”

Loki stared at him in confusion, fear, and no small amount of bewilderment. “Valhalla? We are on Asgard. By the Stars Thor! What foolishness have you done that you suspect this to be Valhalla?!” the last bit is asked in a shrill scream as Loki finally stopped attempting to free himself from Thor’s bed coverings. “What have you done?!”  Loki demands of him.

Thor barked out a laugh laced with madness and no small amount of relief. He then pulled Loki up from the tangled bedsheets and lifted him off his feet into a bone-crushing hug. Loki struggled but Thor only hugged him tighter still. His little brother is really here, solid, warm, and close enough to hug. Loki finally relented to his tactile brother and let himself relax into the crushing arms. Almost abruptly Loki began sobbing while tentatively hugging back.


Date: June-23-2000 (32 BY) Galactic Year; 25075
Location: Soulmate Dream
POV: Anakin Benjamin Skywalker
Gender: Male -- Age: 10 -- Species: Human -- Power: Force-sensitive, Mage, Sorcerer

Anakin wandered the empty grey space alone, confused and scared. Last he remembered he had just successfully time-traveled to his own past. He was only just able to fall asleep in his family’s slave quarters back on Tatooine. Where is he now? What is this empty grey space? Has something gone wrong already? Has he died on Tatooine before he even has the ability to take advantage of this second chance? Was all of their planning and hope for naught?

He hears someone sniffle and pauses. Upon hearing it again, Anakin began running, hoping to find someone else on this bizarre planet. There was a flash of light and suddenly he was surrounded by tall green trees while coarse sand brushed against his bare feet. Up ahead is what he can only assume to be an ocean. He stops for a moment gaping in awe having never seen so much water or so many plants in one place before. Not even on Naboo has he ever seen a planet so full of life!

Anakin looked around and spotted a tuft of wild black hair and a familiar snake tail. Hari is here, hunched under a tall tree with his tail curled up protectively. With no one else in sight, he figured this was the source of the soft sobs and sniffles. Deciding to investigate he began walking towards his soulmate wondering what happened now. He looked the same age as Anakin so they shouldn't have too much of an age gap if any. Hari looks up revealing eyes greener than any tree but stained with the red having cried for long hours. 

“Hey,” he called softly, seeing Hari tense. “What's happened? Where’s Loki? Do you know where we are?” Anakin asks before tacking on “Or maybe how we got here?”

Hari shook his head looking around at the unfamiliar island landscape morosely “I’ve never actually been here before.” Hari bit his lip looking down at his lap for a long moment. “Last I remember, I was falling asleep in my cupboard,” he admitted in a resigned tone. “Something must have gone wrong. We were supposed to time-travel to our 9th summer.” Hari explains sadly and quietly. “This is my 10th summer! I’m turning 11 in just a few weeks!”

Anakin frowned and slowly reached a hand out to Hari. “Hey, it’s okay. This is probably a soulmate dream, then. Loki’s likely already awake and panicking… but hey… Even if the time travel ritual glitched…. Well… at least we're here together right?” he tried to comfort wrapping Hari into a hug.

He didn’t actually know what he was doing, Anakin never had much to do with other kids his age. Master Watto made sure he worked hard for the little he earned and the other Jedi his age always wanted nothing to do with him. He felt Hari tense at his touch, but he didn’t try to pull away. Anakin smiled as Hari slowly relaxed and uncurled.

“My mom says it’s okay to cry just as long as no one important sees you,” Anakin whispered awkwardly, not used to doing this sort of thing himself. He began rubbing Hari’s back as hot tears soaked into his thin shirt. “We’re going to need to rethink our plans.” Anakin points out once Hari has calmed down.

“Not by much hopefully,” Hari says with a laugh. “It’s only a few years difference. Hopefully, everything will work out.” Hari says as his form flickers. “I think I’m waking up,” Hari says as he fades away in his arms, leaving Anakin alone on the island dreamworld. Anakin curled up, hugging his knees to his chest. He wasn’t scared, he wasn’t. Why was he here? He just wanted to go home. There was another flash of light and he wasn’t alone anymore having woken up back in his bed on Tatooine.

“Ani Ani, it's time to wake up!” his mom says shaking his shoulder, "You need to get up, my beautiful son. Ah, there you are.” She says with a smile. “Master Watto is expecting us before sunrise. I have breakfast ready. Come, let's eat."


Date: June-23-2000 (32 BY) Galactic Year; 25075
Location: Midgard, Earth, UK England, Surrey, Little Whinging, # Privet Drive, Home of the Dursley family
POV: Hari Regulus Peverell
Gender: Male -- Age: 10 -- Species: Naga -- Power: Force-sensitive, Mage, Sorcerer  

*Bang! Bang! Bang!*

The sound of a fist hitting a wooden door jerks Hari back awake before he's even finished explaining the situation to Anakin. “…what’s happening?” he asks himself confused after a moment of silence as he stares into the darkness above his head and tries to figure out what the fuck is going on. 

“Get up, boy! Don’t you dare be late getting breakfast ready!” Aunt Petunia's familiar voice yells cutting through his thoughts. Hari sits up so fast he bangs his head into the wall.

“… what?!” he demands, aghast. ' Of all the days to arrive on…  why this one?'

“Breakfast!” Aunt Petunia shouts back. “Don’t you dare even think about ruining Duddikins' special day! We're going to the zoo today too, so make it snappy!”

 “What-the-fuck?” Hari mumbles, rushing to get dressed beyond confused.