Actions

Work Header

Logic 101

Chapter 17: Questions

Chapter Text

The Fridays’ night reunion at Oaken’s became for the little group a tradition of some sort.

 

Taking some chocolate drinks also is a tradition: milkshake for Olaf and Elsa, hot chocolate for Kristoff and Anna. And the girls always order the blond’s famous pizza sandwich.

 

And it’s also tradition for the four of them to walk back to the campus after finishing their food, laughing and talking about anything crossing their minds.

 

The first to excuse himself is Olaf. His mother always waits for him near the Natural Sciences building. The kid hugs each of his friends and runs to get in the old familiar car, always with a smile and screaming “Guess what we studied today!”

 

From there, the three young students walk peacefully toward the Elison Building, the first with student dorms. That’s the one where Kristoff lives, and he says goodnight with a fist bump for Elsa and a hug (a long one, the blonde notices) for Anna. When they separate, they keep looking at each other with a stupid smile a few seconds, until the boy finally laughs and walks away, shaking his head.

 

Now, the girls are alone. And the silence between them is thick. Or at least that’s how Elsa feels it.

 

“Bjorgman… Is a good guy,” the blonde comments.

 

“He is,” Anna confirms without dropping her smile.

 

The Lund Building, where they live, is about a hundred meters away. It feels like kilometers to Elsa.

 

The first steps are still silent. They walk close, but without touching each other. Their hands are in the pockets of their jackets.

 

Anna inhales sharply several times, until she finally decides to speak.

 

“One day you will have to trust someone, Elsa.”

 

Shit .

 

This time, Anna speaks slowly. It looks like she thoroughly thought about her words.

 

“I know I speak a lot. And I know I say a lot of things, very quickly. But we lived in the same place for two weeks and the only things I know about you are that you watched a lot of movies, that your family is rich and that you wake up very early.” She sighs deeply before continuing. “And that you were worried about me.”

 

“Anna…”

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

Elsa takes a few steps in silence, thoughtful.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then answer me: why that willingness to be alone? Why do you insist on isolating yourself, on running away?” Anna’s voice breaks at the end.

 

Elsa wants to give her an answer, but she feels herself stumbling with the words sitting just at the tip of her tongue. Frustrated, she briefly closes her eyes and when she opens them again, they are at the foot of the stairs.

 

Anna stops and faces her.

 

“I don’t know if it would be right...” Elsa whispers.

 

“Then tell me when you figure it out.”

 

This said, Anna walks away toward the main door.