Actions

Work Header

White Tulips

Chapter 7: Deja Vu

Notes:

I apologise for a shorter chapter!
Next one is a longer one.
❤️❤️

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Chapter six
Deja vu

The sentence Hermione kept in his head all the way to Monica and Wendell Wilkins.

“Do you still believe in blood status?”

Hermione asked as they got out of the taxi. Draco looked at her in surprise and laughed. “I have nothing to believe in Graner, I am not a wizard anymore. Just an ordinary person who doesn't know what you're talking about." He winked at her and rang the bell. Hermione was only 80% sure she'd got his words right. “You are still a wizard, just without a wand,” she said in a low voice.

 

“Derek, Hermione.” came the voice of her mother before Draco could respond. “Monica, you look great.” Draco smiled and shook hands with Wendelle.
“Monica, good to see you again." Hermione smiled.
“Oh, honey. This is Hermione Green. Derek's girlfriend.” Monica introduced them.
"Hermione? What happened to Ali-" before Hermione's father could finish, Monica gently elbowed him in the ribs. Hermione's father had never been able to think and then speak, which Hermione probably inherited.

 

"Nice to meet you."Hermione smiled at her father. “Oh Hermione, why are you crying.” Monica was startled, and Hermione touched her cheek quickly. “Oh em, I—” she began to panic gently. She wasn't aware of her tears.

“Hermione is allergic to cats,” Draco said automatically, and Hermione was very grateful. The reason she cried was simple, the sight of her parents' happy couple tearing her heart out.

 

 “Oh, we’re sorry. Well, luckily, we'll be in the garden so Minnie won't bother you,” Monica smiled and invited the young couple into the house.

 

“Thank you,” Hermione whispered so that only Draco could hear. “Don’t mention it." He answered and followed Hermione with his hands in his pockets.

 

Hermione's jaw dropped gently as the fake and real couple reached the garden. There were like 30 people. Her parents never had as many friends in London as they do here. “Shut your mouth, it’s inappropriate." She felt Draco's breath on her ear. Hermione obeyed him and smiled. 

“Oh, Monica." Hermione turned to her mother.
“I brought you something, too." She smiled and handed the flowers to her mother. “Ah flowers, they are beautiful thank you. You are modern women. I never got flowers from another woman.” she replied. “I work in a florist’s shop, it kind of fits,” Hermione said, and Monica went off to put them in a vase. All three followed her.

“Well, Miss Green, tell us about yourself,” her father suggested, wrapping his arm around Monica’s waist. They seemed like a happy couple, unlike her and Draco, who stood next to her like a friend than a newly and madly in love boyfriend. And out of nowhere Draco, as if he had read her mind he had done the same as her father.

 

Hermione smiled to herself.

“I’m from London and I’ve come here for a new life." Hermione laughed. 


“Oh yes, my wife said she meets you at the flower shop? How did you get that job?" asked Wendell

 

"Yes, I got the job by accident. I didn't get a job as your assistant and out of nowhere miss Thompson gives me this job. And please call me Hermione."She smiled again. Wendell smiled back and offered Hermione his hand for introductions.

“Well, you call me Wendell. Ah yes, miss Thompson, really nice lady.” smiled Wendell

 

“Derek, I wanted to talk to you about the new car I’m buying. Can you come with me?" Wendell asked. Draco apologized to Hermione and Monica and disappeared from view with Wendell. “Come, Hermione, I’ll introduce you to the others,” Monica suggested, and they went into the garden.


“Finally," said Hermione as Draco joined her back in the garden. Almost an hour passed of introductions and waiting for Draco with a glass of white wine.
“Hh? Weren’t  you talking to Monica enough?" He asked, sipping his beer.
“It’s not that, it’s just that there’s an awful lot of people,” she explained.
“It’s a birthday party. It makes sense." He smiled.
“You know what I mean." She hit him gently on the shoulder.
“Ow, damn woman." He massaged his shoulder.

“We can leave at any time," He said after a moment, and Hermione looked at him, puzzled.

 

“Why the hell would I want to leave?" She looked at him incredulously.
“Come on, Granger, you haven’t learned to lie since sixth grade,” he smirked.

“You have no right to talk about our sixth year,” Hermione snapped at him.  Draco excused himself with a look and looked back ahead, in the same direction Hermione had looked before. To Monica and Wendell. They were talking to another pair looking really happy.

 

Draco looked at her again, wiping tears from her face with the thumb of his right hand.
“Come on, let’s say goodbye." He said, grabbing her wrist.
“Goodbye?" She asked, wiping tears from her face she hadn't known about until a moment ago.

“This was a bad idea." He muttered to himself, and Hermione scurried obediently after him.
“Monica, Wendell needs to say goodbye,” said Draco as they reached the older couple.
“Oh, of course, I’ll see you at the office on Monday,” Monica smiled and hugged Draco.

“Well, I’ll see you when I see you.” Monica laughed at Hermione.

 

“Oh, why don't the four of us have dinner?” Monica suggested as she pulled away from the hug with Hermione. “Amazing idea, dear." Wendell agreed. Hermione raised her head and looked uncertainly at Draco. He sighed and nodded.
“Sounds good. When do you have time?" Hermione asked in a low voice.
“How about Tuesday? We can eat at Derek’s. You know how much I love when you cook,” Monica laughed.
“No problem,” said Draco, smiling. His smile began to evoke long-lost feelings in Hermione. 

“Wonderful, see you on Tuesday." The two couples said goodbye, and Hermione and Draco disappeared from the garden.

 


 

When they were both safe from the house, Hermione turned in his direction.
“I don’t know where you live." She said, and Draco stopped. It was a fine evening, and Draco had suggested that he accompany her like a gentleman he was. So they walked the streets of Sydney at a slow, common pace.

“Do you have paper or something?" He asked, and Hermione, after a quick glance around, turned a rose and a stick into a piece of paper with a pen. She didn't even notice the wounded expression on Draco's face because of the joy she'd had in performing any spell.

“Here." She smiled, and Draco quickly wrote down the address of his beach house.

 

“Do you think-” Hermione began as they arrived outside the flower shop. “-that we could see each other before Tuesday?" She asked carefully.
"Granger, we agreed long ago that-" Draco began.

“I still know little about you for a girlfriend. Like what happened with Alice and why you don't drink alcohol." She explained, and Draco looked at her, puzzled.
“I noticed the nonalcohol drink sticker on the beer bottle,” she explained.

“Of course you did. Still the brightest witch of her age."He rolled his eyes. “Okay, I’m not getting rid of you in any time soon, right?. Monday afternoon coffee?” he asked. 

 

“What about the cafe where we ate at 9:30 tomorrow? ” Hermione asked cautiously, with an expression she remembered was working on him. Draco looked at her for a long moment. He looked deeply into her eyes, searching. Seeking what he knew, what was familiar but painful. And after a few moments of silence, he merely nodded his head in agreement. 

"Draco-" said Hermione, holding out her hand to his cheek. But he drew back quickly.

“Good night, Granger," he said without looking at her and disappeared into the darkness.

 

Hermione watched him disappear from the street and felt the chill on her face. Everything comes back and repeats, even though it shouldn't. Everything feels like a painful Deja vu.

Notes:

Ehm, Hi guys! So the first hint about their history is here. you will get more of their history in the next chapter.
I also wanted to say that this is my first fanfiction - So I hope you will be nice to me in the comments - haha.

I think I should explain a little bit about Hermione in my story.
- She will do EVERYTHING to get her parent back home.
- She is selfish about it - because she blames herself for hurting them with Obliviate. So now she is trying to make everything right and take them to London.

A little bit about Draco:
- He still can do magic but he doesn't have a wand so and he miss magick.
I think that it's a good punishment for his crimes and I believe that it is kinda ironic. - When he was young he called Hermione a Mudblood and he believed she doesn't deserve magick. And now? The wizard's community decided that he doesn't deserve it. You will found out more about him in the next few chapters.

love you Maria.