Actions

Work Header

Up to No Good

Summary:

!!COMPLETE!!

The graduated Students start their lives post- Hogwarts. They are now living in an apartment building on Diagon Alley that Draco owns.

This is a lighthearted love/ drama/ comedy that is 75% funny, heartwarming friendship moments and 25% smut between Hermione and Draco.

This is a Part two for ‘Our Games we Play’ and can be read on its own, but will many references to the last part.

*Some scenes are rather dirty and I think may require a TW- so please mind the tags. My grammar also requires a TW... Sorrynotsorry!!”*

—- "Are you okay?" She said with worry as she searched his face.

    "I'm fine... I just would rather you remove the word boyfriend from your vocabulary indefinitely." He said stiffly as if he had been punched in the stomach.

    "What would you rather I call you then?" She said, leaning in to kiss him softly.

    "You know what..." he replied gently as he pulled her against him tighter. —-

Chapter 1: Burn (Explicit)

Summary:

Hermione and Draco check out their new digs. Draco takes care of her while she’s sick, then smut...

Chapter Text

 

   Someone had let it slip that the Golden Trio would be returning from their vacation in Monaco. Exhausted and now practically running from the international Portkey office to the floo network in the Ministry of Magic the group hastily made their way through the crowd. 

 

   Reporters and journalists alike were clamouring over each other in an attempt to speak with them or get a statement. 

 

    It was clear the protection they had experienced through Hogwarts with Professor McGonagall had officially ended, leaving them to fend for themselves against the masses.

 

   ...." Mr. Potter! Are there any details on your upcoming wedding to Ginerva Weasley?"

 

   ...." Mrs. Granger!! Is it true you and Draco Malfoy will be living together on Diagon Alley?"...

 

  .... "Mr.Weasley!! How did you react to the news that The Brightest Witch of her age left you for a  Deatheater?"...

 

    The last one left Dyani (Ron's girlfriend) giggling as the redhead smiled and continued to ignore the shouts, squeezing her hand and winking at her knowingly.

 

    Draco glowered at a reporter that was tugging on Hermione's sleeve as he continued to whisk her off to the exit with his long strides.  Hermione sent a quick leg locking hex to the Wizard, effectively halting him in his tracks, much to the stout little man's surprise.

 

    Finally, they made it to their destination after what felt like an eternity shoving their way through the crowd. Draco shoo'd Hermione into the floo first, using his large frame to block a few stragglers, then shouted- "Penthouse suite, Chelsea estates, Diagon Alley!"- as he stepped in after her.

 

    Harry and Ginny rushed into the floo next to them after the Auror's finally appeared, halting the masses with protection wards.

 

    A total and utter disaster.

 

 

 

    As soon as they came through the fireplace, Draco held Hermione close to him and covered her eyes. 

 

    "What are you doing?" She whined. 

 

   She had been extremely grumpy from the excess of sun, bottomless cocktails and now the attack of the press, but Draco was still intent on his grand reveal.

 

    "Now don't be cross, but when you were discussing decor with my mother, she may have used Legimens on you... just a little bit to decorate our new flat."

 

   "She what!!?" Hermione spluttered. 

 

   "Don't worry, she is very skilled at targeting certain areas of the mind, there is no chance of her seeing anything untoward. She thought we might appreciate everything being sorted by the time we got here. Now... open your eyes." He whispered.

 

    Hermione decided she would get mad about the unwarranted mind reading later, for she was far too exhausted to make a big deal out of it just now. 

 

   "Oh, my gods..." Hermione murmured as he lifted his hands. She took in the space with wonder. 

 

    She was looking at a very open, very bright and simplistic loft. The kitchen was to the right, underneath the large open bedroom with a metal staircase winding its way up to it. 

 

   To the left was their living room, where a plush leather couch sat in the centre. Bijou and Ollie were sleeping snuggled up in a ball of fur against the white pillows. 

 

   There was an enormous bookshelf with a wooden ladder, taking up the entire left wall from floor to ceiling, nearly 20 feet high and stocked full with books. Hermione scanned it appreciatively before looking over the rest of the area.

 

   There was a large arched window facing Diagon alley with a cozy reading nook at the base, perfect for lounging with a large cup of tea or wine and a book. 

 

   She continued to walk through their new home as Draco following closely behind her, admiring the simple white walls with thin elegant golden trim. 

 

  The dining room was through a small opening to the left of the fireplace and when she entered she could barely believe her eyes. One wall was entirely made of French windows and faced an open and large atrium right at the center of the building. 

 

    Draco smiled as he watched her eyes widen. At the bottom of the atrium was a large communal pool, a skylight at the top majestically lit the open space naturally and there was a small patio off the living room that looked over the enclosure. 

 

   She looked down a level and saw Ginny and Harry on a similar deck looking up at her waving. She waved back and smiled before walking back into the dining room to face her boyfriend.

 

   "So?..." Draco said with a smirk on his face. "Do you like it?" 

 

    "Yes... tell your mother thanks for decorating, it is completely wonderful. But if she enters my mind again, I have no issue using a bat bogey hex on her." Hermione laughed. Somehow she imagined that the woman could make even an undignified hex such as that look elegant.

 

    "I'll send along the message..." Draco chuckled as he wrapped her in his arms. He then lifted her up and brought her to the living room, flinging her onto the couch. Both the cats abruptly glared at him as they jostled off to the bedroom. 

 

   "...right after I ravage your body and have you in every single square inch of our home." 

 

   "No!!!" Hermione's whined. "Your wonderful and this is wonderful but I can't tonight, I'm so bloody knackered."

 

   "Yes, tonight." He growled. "How can you wave those cute little braids and red sundress in my face all day and expect me to resist you!" 

 

   He nuzzled her neck, kissing up the length of it, expertly pressing every single one of her favourite pleasure points as he went. 

 

   "I'm just so tired..." she moaned, but it didn't sound like a tired moan at all like she intended. 

 

    She slowly succumbed to his ministrations, wrapping her warm arms around his neck and letting one of her legs fall open as he pressed against her. 

 

   "That's a good little girl, I knew you would change your mind." He said, sucking on her earlobe. "Oh... hold that thought for two seconds. I need to send a quick owl to my new supervisor."

 

   She nodded as Draco got up and went to a small office that was tucked behind their massive bookshelf, then drafted a letter stating that he was back in town and able to start the following week. 

 

   He summoned an owl, tying the letter to his leg and sent it out the window before practically running back to his 'soon to be' Fiancée.

 

   "Now... where were we love?" He chuckled as he headed towards the living room, thinking of all the wicked things he wanted to do with her but when he finally laid eyes on the little Gryffindor, she was completely passed out. 

 

   Her dress had ridden up, revealing her darkly tanned skin and she was breathing shallowly making small noises as the air exited her lungs. 

 

    He smiled to himself as he walked over and gave her a small kiss on the forehead, deciding to let her sleep for a while. 

 

   He picked out a book from the shelf and sat beside her on the couch, lifting her head so that his thigh could be her pillow. Smiling contentedly he then read for a few hours as his she slept.

 

  

 

   Draco awoke and peered down at his watch, it was only 5 pm... he felt something hot on his leg. When he looked down he remembered he was home now and that Hermione was resting on his lap -the best realization he had ever awoken to. 

 

   "Hermione?" He whispered as he ran a finger down her cheek. He realized something felt off with her. 

 

   Her skin was superheated, unnaturally so. He got up and knelt next to her, panicking as he ran a diagnostic on her with his wand. It revealed a rather high fever, much to his horror, he was quite at a loss of what to do.

 

   She made a small whimpering noise as she stirred, then opened her eyes drowsily as she looked up at him. "Draco..." she croaked. "I don't think I'm feeling very well." 

 

   Suddenly her eyes shot open widely - and she surprised him by rushing up off the couch with a wobbly haste. 

 

   Draco followed her quickly to the toilet as she puked violently into the porcelain toilet. 

 

    "You have a fever darling, I just ran a diagnostic on you. Do you feel well enough to drink water?" He asked as he gently pulled her hair into a ponytail on the top of her head. 

 

    "No, I can't." She gasped. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "I just want to sleep. The bathroom looks nice too... I quite fancy the col...." but she stopped in her tracks as she heaved into the bowl yet again. 

 

    "That's it... better to get it all out." He cooed gently. 

 

     Draco was extremely concerned, but couldn't help chuckling at her observance of the bathroom as he stroked her back soothingly as her head hit the toilet seat. 

 

     When she finally finished dry heaving a few minutes later, He gingerly picked her up and carried her up the stairs to their king-sized bed, lowering her into the down sheets. She fell to sleep nearly instantly, clearly exhausted.

 

     He removed her dress and put her into her favourite Nirvana T-shirt before heading downstairs to his office to find a few potions. 

 

   He forced the poor witch to drink several odd coloured liquids before getting into bed with her, he wasn't about to leave her alone in this state. 

 

  "Are you sure you don't want me to call a healer?" He fussed as she groaned at him to let her sleep. 

 

    He finally gave up. All night he held her while she was freezing and shivering and cast cooling charms when she was burning and sweating. 

 

   It was only when she was seriously injured or sick that he was able to care for her this way and he secretly quite enjoyed fawning over her like this. 

 

    Hermione would still need time to allow him to care for her like this willingly, but he would wait. It would be a sweet victory when she finally needed him the way he needed her. 

 

   • Two days later •

 

   "Sorry I couldn't have dinner with you last night Gin!" Hermione said as she buttered her toast. "I wanted to give you a proper send of but I was just feeling so rotten."

 

   "It's okay, Draco told me how sick you were. I will be back in two weeks anyway, you three can tell me all about Auror training, curse breaking and the drama of Diagon alley living when I get back." Ginny said as the four of them sat around the table eating breakfast together. 

 

   "I don't want you to leave," Harry complained as he grasped the redhead and kissed her. "I'll miss you so much."

 

   "I know, you told me last night... over and over and over again," Ginny murmured as she winked at Hermione. The obvious innuendo was clear behind her eyes. Hermione pretended to gag and then took a small bite of her toast. 

 

   "What time do you leave?" Draco said, dodging the awkwardness of the conversation. 

 

   "In 3 hours!" Ginny replied. "Anyways, thanks for breakfast you two, I should probably start packing..." she said, giving her Fiancée a look. 

 

   "But you packed yesterday..." Harry said as they got up and headed to the fireplace. 

 

   "Shut up..." Ginny said, hitting him. "What kind of Auror will you be if you can't pick up on subtle cues..." 

 

    "Oh right... um, that's right guys... she hasn't packed yet, I forgot." Harry said sheepishly.

 

    "Nice save..." Hermione deadpanned as she waved goodbye to her best friends.

 

    "Have fun you two." Draco chuckled, as he looked at Hermione darkly through his lashes, finishing his tea. 

 

     Once Harry and Ginny were gone, leaving the pair alone at their kitchen island sitting at the bar stools, the sexual tension didn't dissipate... in fact, it grew much much stronger.

 

   "So... about having me in every room..." Hermione said casually. 

 

   "Is that an invitation?" Draco crossed the table, flung her over his shoulder and dragged her up the stairs, to their bedroom as she squealed excitedly. "Don't mind if I do."

 

   "The bed first? ...Interesting choice." She joked.

 

  Hermione gasped as he ripped the dress that she was wearing off, with one fluid motion. 

 

   "I don't want to hear another word out of you unless it's my name, Granger." The Slytherin growled whilst pinning the front of her thighs against her stomach. 

 

   She wheezed at the sudden contortion as he held her down, then descended and licked her slit with his tongue, tickling her nub tantalizingly. 

 

    They hadn't had sex in days and she was soaked for him. She hadn't even bothered wearing underwear for she knew that she was going to attack him the second Ginny and Harry left. Not that she needed to, he had taken the initiative and attacked her first. 

 

    Draco had explained to her on their vacation that she would be able to remove her 'chastity ring' as soon as they were bonded by marriage. So she was still entirely reliant upon her large blonde lover to get her off for as long as she continued to deny his marital advances, not that she minded so much right now while his firm tongue was sliding up and down her clit. 

 

   Even though he brought up the ring as yet another tactical approach to getting her to say yes to him, she knew that the cunning Slytherin was part of the man she loved. 

 

   She also got an amazing power rush every time he asked her and she turned him down. She could certainly use that to her advantage. 

 

   Maybe she was turning a little green in the manipulation department, the 'Salazar way' was rubbing off on her just a tinge. 

 

   "Mmm, I could live off of tea marmalade and your cunt Hermione." He moaned as he licked every inch of her pussy raw before releasing her legs and admiring her soaking wet entrance. 

 

   "You think that's good?" Hermione sighed as she got up and pushed him onto his back, ripping his pants off and lowering her mouth onto his shaft. "You should try peanut butter, coffee and cock." She quipped as she began to suck his large pulsing member. 

 

   "Oh, Merlin! Fuck!" Draco shouted as she licked the long vein that followed his length from tip to base. She stroked her hand on his base and suckled on him like a big pink lollypop, slipping her tongue back and forth against his head when he started to tremble. 

 

   Before he came though, he scooped her into his arms and lowered her onto his throbbing dick, pressing her harshly back into the down comforter. She used her ankles to shove his hips into her as he used his full weight to bury himself deeper and deeper into her channel, clutching her hair with his fists as he pumped. 

 

   After the fever, Hermione's muscles were tired and sore but they didn't seem to want to stop their gyration. So she continued to tremble and pant as she felt the orgasm lifting her off into outer space. 

 

    "YES YES YES!!" She screamed to the heavens as Draco wrapped his long fingers around her throat and pressed possessively, staring at her face with a veil of obsession and fire. She knew he would kill for her, or maybe lock her in a dungeon if she ever tried to leave, and it turned her on like nothing else. 

 

     The intensity of their releases vibrated through them as they both shouted in ecstasy. Draco grasped her around the waist, holding her to him as they laid there, connected. 

 

    She caressed his back and ran a finger through his hair feeling sleepy again. 

 

     "Okay... I vote kitchen next..." Draco said, as he got up and opened his hand to her. "Come"

 

    Of course, he was ready to go at it again, she thought to herself. She grasped for his hand and allowed him to pull her up as she shakily got to her feet again.

 

    "Oh lovely... I've always wanted to shag you beside a microwave." She laughed.

 

    "What's a microwave?" Draco asked curiously with furrowed eyebrows.

 

     "Never mind..." Hermione chuckled as she jumped on his back and forced him to carry her down the spiral stairs. 

 

     As soon as they got to the main floor, the owl arrived with the post. Hermione opened the window for the little creature, grabbing the mail and the newspaper. 

 

    Suddenly she realized what was on the cover and glared down at the moving pictures angrily. 

 

   A large image of the two of them, scandalously wrapped in each other's arm atop a beach blanket by the ocean was plastered on the front page with a nasty headline. 

 

 —-

 

Hermione Granger- Pregnant with Pureblood Heir. 

 

Chapter 2: Dark (Explicit)

Summary:

Theo shows up, takes Hermione and Draco to see something. Then smut.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

    "OH... MY... GODS...." Hermione cried out as she reached for her robe. She threw the newspaper at a confused-looking Draco as she jammed her arms through her sleeves and wrapped it around herself, her head spinning with panic. 

 

    "I will get her... I will get that filthy little Beatle and I will eat her heart for breakfast!!!" She screamed hysterically as Draco read over the article.

 

    "Oh don't worry my love, that's just the hormones!!" A voice said from the floo. 

 

    They both whirled around as a smirking Theodore Nott appeared from their fireplace. Draco threw on his robe once he realized he was arse naked still. 

 

    "AHHHRGGG!!!" She screamed again and went over to beat the tall brunette to death with her bare hands for his comment. 

 

   Unfortunately, she was about half his size and he easily pulled her into a hug and grabbed her wrists so she couldn't fight him. 

 

    "IT'S NOT FUNNY!!" Hermione cried as she tried to wandlessly hex him, her feet kicking at his legs in the air while he held her in mid-air.

 

    "You are so affectionate in the morning babes." He chuckled as her fury painted her face in bright, warrior red. 

 

   "Seriously sweetheart, if you want to dispel pregnancy rumours, it's simple! We must get absolutely rat- arsed today. The Brightest Witch of her Age wouldn't be drinking spirits if she was pregnant." Theo explained as he finally put her down. 

 

    "Your not pregnant right?" Draco said suddenly. Walking over to them to save her from his friend. 

 

     "Of course not! How irresponsible do you think I am? By the way what exactly are you going here, Nott?" She snapped. 

 

    "Firstly I wanted to make sure you hadn't scorched the place or poor Draco for that matter with your unbridled fury after seeing the article. Secondly, I'm going to Weasley Wizard Wheezes because I would fancy a visit to old Georgy boy and to my new partial investment. We also need to stop by Neville's new shop in Knockturn. He has a little black market business going on he wants to show us." Theo said as he winked at Draco. 

 

     She calmed a bit as they moved on to a regular conversation, the shock and anger from the article already subsiding. 

 

    "Yes, I heard he bought that old store near Borgin's. Didn't his Gran pass on and leave him with a rather large inheritance?" Hermione inquired. 

 

    Theo nodded and walked to the kitchen island to grab a croissant. "She did... and yes he bought it. I also happened to invest in it, because I think a rare and magical plant shop is exactly what Knockturn needs."

 

    "What did you mean by black market?" Hermione asked.

 

   "You'll just have to come along and find out," Theo said slyly. 

 

    "Fine... but I need to get ready, give me a moment." She sighed.

 

     Hermione walked up the stairs, leaving the boys to entertain each other as she headed to their large ensuite bathroom. 

 

     She glared at her reflection, then tried to smile, failing painfully. She left her face in a perpetual pout for the time being and tried to clear her head in the hot steaming water as she washed. Rita Skeeter was going down, one way or another. 

 

    Once she was finished, she dried her hair with her wand and managed it into long soft waves. She then padded into the large walk-in closet that was attached to the bathroom and pulled on her black leather skirt with a black long sleeve shirt and leggings, she was not feeling very colourful today, then polished it off with light makeup and her dark lipstick. 

 

    As she approached the top of the stairs, she heard Draco clearly as he sighed. "We better watch out, she's in her battle outfit. Let's take the side streets today, we don't need any casualties." 

 

   •

 

   Theo, Hermione and Draco headed directly to 'Leaf it to Longbottoms' to avoid the busy streets. 

 

   They came through the fireplace into an open, circular room with a large indoor greenhouse at the center. There were plants everywhere littering the floor, hanging from the ceiling and piled on row after row of shelves. 

 

    The largest tentacular plant Hermione had ever seen was in the corner, writhing and twisting as it reached for the plants nearby, plucking their leaves and jabbing at them rudely. She made a mental note to steer clear of it. 

 

   "Hey, guys!" Neville said, walking out of a backroom sporting a grimey apron with leaves sticking out of his hair wildly. "Hey, Hermione! Good to see you!" 

 

   "Hey! I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran passing!" Hermione said apologetically as she pressed him into a hug, avoiding the dirty apron. 

 

    "Ya it was hard, she was harsh but she raised me you know?" Neville replied. 

 

   "By the way, this place is amazing." She said sincerely as she looked it over again. "You did all this in just three weeks?." 

 

    "I already had the plants, I used an undetectable extension charm in my closet at home just like you taught me and started collecting after the war." 

 

    Theo then gave him a quirk of his eyebrow.

 

   "But I do also have a surprise for you, Hermione," Neville said with a smile as he directed them to the back room. They shuffled into the tight earthy-smelling space littered with germinating pots and piles of dirt.

 

    "A cupboard?" Hermione's said as he closed the door behind them. 

 

    "Wait for it..." Theo said smirking. 

 

    Suddenly the whole room jolted, making a few of the planters jiggle in their spots. 

 

    "Oh," she gasped as she realized what was happening. They were in a secret magical elevator, that was moving them all slowly underground to a basement. 

 

    When the door creaked opened again, she saw that they were in a secret potions lab. This one with considerably darker flora, including a large boomslang plant, devils snare and a glass enclosure with what looked like lacewing flies...

 

    "Neville... is this?" She asked as she started putting the pieces together. 

 

    "Yup." He said proudly as he went over and dropped some strange-looking fruit into the lacewing fly's enclosure.

 

    "A secret lab to make polyjuice potion! What do you think Golden Girl?" Asked Theo excitedly. 

 

   "It's unbelievable. What is it for though?" She asked again confused. 

 

    "Well the Ministry had an interest in it for the Auror department, they got the idea when Crouch managed to fool them into believing he was Mad- eye," Neville explained. "For covert missions and the like."

 

   "And we are going to steal from it." Theo chuckled. 

 

    "Could you get in trouble for this?" Hermione whispered, she was ready to toss back the liquid right now if she could, but she also needed to make sure Neville wasn't doing anything too risky. She was already imagining a day without the press. 

 

    "No, we are very careful. Also, it's still a few weeks away, but I've already started the second third and fourth batches. We will all be covered after that." Neville smiled. 

 

    They all chatted about the hundreds of useful ways they could use the gloopy potion once it was ready as Neville showed them his boomslang flaying techniques and led them around to the small lab that had many bubbling cauldrons full of Polyjuice. 

 

    Hermione inhaled the putrid smells and was brought back to her second year at Hogwarts, when she had brewed the potion for the first time to spy on her... now... boyfriend. 

 

    After an hour the group finally left Neville to his shop and headed off to their next stop. 

 

  •

 

    "Honey I'm home!" Theo sang loudly as they entered the private Floo at the back of Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

 

    "Oy Theo!! Is that you? You kept me waiting far too long!" George called as he slinked into the room wearing a purple tweed suit.

 

    "What is THAT doing here." He said, glowering at Draco. "Oh... and you brought a pretty little snack too, how thoughtful!" He ran up to Hermione and pretending to gobble up her ear as she smacked him, laughing. "What do I owe the pleasure? By the way, congratulations on the baby. Didn't realize you were actually doing it with that freaky git..."

 

   "I'm right here!!" Draco grumbled. 

 

    He already disliked George Weasley considerably and would have hexed him by now if he wasn't such close friends with Hermione. 

 

    "I'm sorry George... did you hear someone??" Theo said, trying to escalate the situation mischievously.

 

    "No... not a thing!!" George said angelically, lifting a hand to his ear.

 

    "Also... not pregnant..." Hermione enforced as she smacked the two boys who were making fun of her Wizard. 

 

     Theo then explained to the Weasley his plan of getting Hermione publicly intoxicated to dispel all rumours of her apparent pregnancy as the redhead chuckled at her expense.

 

    "Sounds like a very well-thought-out plan! I'm in." Proclaimed George, already reaching for his matching coat. "Not that I need an excuse to go to the pub nowadays."

 

    "Wait... as much as I would love to get hammered at the 12 broomsticks tonight. I'm sure that Rita Skeeter would just insinuate that I am an irresponsible parent by tomorrow morning." Hermione said exasperatedly. 

 

    "Too bad, I've already bought out Gnomleys pub for tonight." Theo winked. "No press allowed. A private affair if you will. We will make a drunken appearance later before we disapparate home... one disorderly stumble will do it I think!" 

 

    "We could always get Katya to take a few sloppy photos, she seems to enjoy doing so whether she is prompted or not..." Hermione chuckled.

 

    "She's not coming tonight, or ever for that matter," Theo said shortly.

 

    "What do you mean 'not ever'?" Hermione said in shock.

 

    "She left me for Alexi... I guess it didn't matter how many cat costumes I purchased, I can't compete with her best friend." The brunette said angrily before fixing a smirk across his handsome face again. "But it's all good, now that I have such a spectacular wingman!" He slapped his hand over George's shoulder. 

 

     "But who would want you when they could have me... right Herme?" The redhead elbowed her.

 

    "Except she used to have a crush on me, not you..." Theo quipped as he winked at her with his 'lady killer' smile. 

 

    George looked slyly over to Draco and said - "She had a crush on me too. I got it out of Ginny once when the poor girl had consumed one too many Revelio pops mixed with firewhiskey, it's nearly as effective as Verataserim, but with more involuntary sneezing." 

 

    Draco blanched beside her and grabbed her closer to whisper in her ear. "We will talk about that one later." He then cleared his throat to quash their argument before it began. "It really doesn't matter who she had a schoolyard crush on gentlemen, I rather think it's clear who she's chosen." 

 

     "Okay...  I'm leaving now." She deflected as she headed to the floo. "See you two rascals later at Gnomleys..." 

 

     Before she disappeared into the flames she heard Theo and George arguing about which one of them she had liked more and rolled her eyes. 

 

   Unfortunately for the both of them, she could hardly remember anymore what her silly crushes had felt like when the man who was literally made for her, had fucked her into oblivion earlier that morning, her love for him was becoming nearly uncomfortable some days. She wondered if it was always like this, but had no other relationships to compare it to. 

 

    Once Draco looked down at her, he knew exactly what she was thinking as she looked up at him with those big brown eyes. 

 

 

 

   As they appeared out of the flames into their home, he cast a strong ward on the fireplace so that nobody could bother them and tackled her to the floor. 

 

   She slapped at him playfully as he ripped her clothing off with an animalistic growl and had her right there in the hardwood. 

 

     She let him take her harshly as they battled on the floor. He fucked her in missionary, doggy- style and then pumped her on top of him as they grunted with exertion together in a fury of pleasure. 

 

   Hermione and Draco came hard as they shrieked in ecstasy, toes curling and fingers clutching, the sensation pouring over them both. 

 

   They settled in a heap on the ground, trying to catch their breath from their sudden burst of passion as they stared up at the ceiling.

 

   "Sometimes I want to lock you up against your will and just use you for sex.... all day, every day," Draco said as he turned his body towards her and smirked wickedly.

 

   "I would probably get away, I'm much smarter than you," Hermione said seriously as she turned her head to look back at him. "Then what would you do?" 

 

    He looked her up and down lasciviously before lazily rolling on top of her, he pierced her with his molten silver gaze and ran a finger up her belly and over her breast, resting to pinch her nipple between his fingers.

 

    "Well first..." he said with a dark gleam in his eye. "I would search the entire world to find you, over and over and over until you were finally in my arms. Then I suppose I would have to punish you for running away in the first place." He said as he lowered himself to suck on her nipples until they were hard beads against his lips. 

 

    "Then I would dedicate my life to doing every single little deprived thing I could possibly think until we both died of old age... or too many orgasms." He said as he looked up at her, leaving a lasting lick along both nipples.

 

     "Death by orgasm... and we wouldn't do anything else?" She smiled as she felt his fingers enter her again, finding the little spot inside that set her wild.

 

    "No... we would forget to eat and then starve, we would forget to breathe and then suffocate. We would get lost in each other forever." He whispered as he kissed her deeply. Replacing his fingers with his cock, slowly pushing into her. "Two ghosts lost on earth but bound together for all time."

 

    "Why does that sound better than the real world right now?" She panted against his lips as he began to thrust faster.

 

    "Sometimes I'm uncertain anything exists except you... and me..." he said as he slipped his hands under her again, harshly taking her again on the floor for the fifth time in an hour.

Notes:

Does anyone else feel like Theo and George sort of belong together they are always written similarly and I just could help but see what would happen if they were friends!

I love fanfic because it has brought Theo to life in a way I’m sure nobody could imagine. He’s pretty much taken on a life of his own, despite not being a huge part of the books and I just can’t get enough!

Thanks to everyone who has read this so far and I sincerely hope it gives someone as much joy to read as it’s given me to write. This is just way to much fun, I lose myself to it for hours at a time.

Chapter 3: Gnomleys

Summary:

A drunken night at the bar and a hungover morning. Draco learns something disturbing.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

      Half of their graduating year had shown up to Theo's 'little' get-together at Gnomleys, the bar that housed the barely legal Gullyfizz distillery in the back. 

 

    The head bartender had made a cocktail from the brew, mixed with tentacular liquor and topped with an elvish champagne that made one feel relatively carefree and uninhibited. They were calling it the Bumbling Bambling Band of Baboons- thanks to George, who thought it would be hilarious to hear people try to order it over and over again. Especially since Tentacular root made one's tongue a little loose.

 

   However, it got shortened to 'the Bamble',  much to the redhead's disapproval, after the bartender lost patience with the length of time it took for one to order it.

 

    A large half-giant the size of Hagrid was guarding the door from a few stubborn reporters as the group partied well into the night. 

 

     Two particular individuals in the group were in desperate need of a drink...

 

     "It's okay Hermione." Harry laughed as he tossed back his last sip of beer. "You're pregnant... and I have been left in the dust by my more successful Fiancée, Rita Skeeter has us all figured out...." 

 

     "I can't believe we start our program tomorrow," Hermione remarked. "There won't be any avoidance of the press there."

 

    "Actually I think Shacklebolt banned them from the department finally, once we get in the door it will be safe. The same goes for Malfoy's department naturally, anyone who has half a brain wouldn't go near the curse-breaking wing  anyways." Harry snorted.

 

    "Hey! That's my boyfriend your talking about!" Hermione shot, slapping his arm. "However I most certainly agree." 

 

     The two of them were sitting together, clearly the 'poopers' of the party, at the end of the bar.  

 

    Harry was moping that Ginny was gone and Hermione was annoyed with her false pregnancy rumours, so they drowned their sorrows in the strong Bamble cocktail until Draco came over and sat down with them. 

 

    "Darling, I've just been speaking with Cho Chang, she's going to be my supervisor evidently. I thought she wouldn't be too pleased to see me after our altercations during Umbridge's reign but she admired the curse-breaking work I've done on some of the dark Malfoy Manor artifacts."

 

    "Cho Chang is your boss?" Harry said chuckling into his drink. 

 

    "Why is that funny?" Draco questioned.

 

    "It's not you Draco." Hermione chuckled. "Harry used to have a rather large crush on Chang before Ginny took over."   

 

     "Oh fuck..." Draco said, suddenly distracted. "Theo is hitting on her, that's the last thing I need." He then stomped off to grab the drunken Nott from his new boss before plunking Theo down on the barstool next to them to keep him out of trouble.

 

    "Another Bumbling Bambling Band of Baboons for you Nott?" George sang, practically coming out of nowhere.

 

   "Give it up Weasley!" Nott replied, looking still very handsome and proper in his suit while he drunkenly swivelled around in his chair. "I know you put waxy relaxants in my drink so that I would be less competition for you!" Theo slurred, his tongue lulling around his mouth. 

 

    George just scoffed, pretended to look hurt but he was certainly not denying it either.

 

    Hermione snickered at Theo as she took another sip before a very nervous Daphne sat down next to her. 

 

    "What's going on with you? You look troubled." Hermione said to the girl who was now looking into the crowd with wide eyes.

 

    "I thought I was desperate enough to allow that slug Cormac Maclaggan to hit on me, when we kissed, I felt like I was drowning, literally drowning. I think I used the scourgify charm on my lips about 20 times in the bathroom." Daphne whispered to her. "He's like a..."

 

    "Snarfalump plant? I have been there Daph, believe me." Hermione interrupted. 

 

     "Hermione, what are you gossiping about now my dear?" George appeared beside Daphne, pulling up a chair. 

 

   "Hello hello hello..." he said as he smiled dazzlingly at her. "Who might you be?" 

 

    "Daphne Greengrass..." she said demurely, holding out a hand to him. 

 

    He acted like he was going to shake it and then snapped it up into a sweet kiss to the knuckles. "I don't remember you from Hogwarts..."

 

    "Slytherin." She admitted, wilting slightly.

 

    "Well, old Salazar certainly knew what he was doing when he stole you to his house." George winked.

 

     "Daphne blushed furiously, barely able to suppress the grin threatening her lips." 

 

     Harry and Hermione were already laughing heartily at their little interaction, but nobody paid them any mind as the night continued. 

 

    When it started to get late, everyone had exceeded expectations in the drinking department. 

 

    They all stumbled out the door, bound for the Leaky Cauldron down the street. 

 

    Hermione went above and beyond her plan when she accidentally tripped over a pebble on the cobblestone as the straggling reporters snapped photos of her. 

 

    "That'll do it!" Theo explained a little too loudly in her ear as he helped her up before they entered the next pub to floo home. 

 

    •

 

    Hermione awoke the next morning with a blistering hangover and tried, but failed to get up for a few exhausting minutes. 

 

   When she finally did, she found not only Draco in her bed but also a very sleepy Theodore Nott, still clad in his suit from tie to shoes. 

 

    "Theo? What are you doing here you silly goose." She whispered as she got out from betwixt the two gentlemen after kissing Draco on the temple. She headed downstairs, painfully' for some Pepper -up. 

 

    "Am I interrupting anything?" 

 

    Hermione jumped when she saw that Harry was at sitting at her kitchen island, casually eating a pumpkin scone and sipping a tea. He was sporting a raised eyebrow as he watched her stagger to the cupboard.

 

    "One Slytherin wasn't enough?" He chuckled. 

 

     "Shut up Harry, you are being far too loud." She whimpered as she shuffled things around her potion cabinet.

 

      "Can you hurry up? I want to get to the Ministry early!" Harry whined. 

 

     Just then, Ronald came crashing through her Floo, looking about as dishevelled as Hermione felt.

 

    "Hermione!!" He wheezed. "I need pepper -up potion now! Help me!!" He practically crawled over to her and they both consumed a large quantity of the liquid until they stopped shaking.

 

   "Scones!!" Ron practically cried as he headed over to Harry and started gratefully stuffing his face with the flakey pastry. 

 

   "Okay! Hermione, get your arse in the shower and get ready, we are leaving in 5 minutes..." Harry ordered as he shooed her off. "Gods and brush your teeth at least twice... you smell like a distillery."

 

     She glared at him as she ascended the stairs, careful not to wake the boys. Theo was completely enveloping Draco in a suffocating death snuggle. 

 

    Once she was finished she dried her hair and put on the new Auror uniform that had been sent to her yesterday, they were dull but she shrugged and exited the bathroom. 

 

   She headed down the stairs and back towards the kitchen before she heard Draco shouting from the bedroom.

 

    "Get off me, Nott!! I AM NOT A TEDDY BEAR!!!" It echoed through the large open space, Impossible to ignore. 

 

     Ron looked at Hermione with a perplexed look as he heard the kerfuffle. "Wow Hermione, never pegged you for the type, you are just full of surprises." 

 

     "Katya broke up with him, I suppose he didn't want to be alone." She explained, feeling a little perplexed herself and moving towards the floo. 

 

      "Well I suppose it's time for us to go... this is a big moment." She sighed as she looked at her two boys with pride. 

 

     "Better to just get it over with I suppose..." Ron shrugged as he entered first into the viridescent flames, Harry went next, following the redhead. 

 

     Hermione was about to step in when a hand reached out and stopped her. 

 

     "Didn't think you could leave without saying goodbye could you?" 

 

     She turned around to see Draco smiling down at her, with his sleepy bed head and tired grey eyes.

 

     "I didn't want to wake you... both of you." She said gently as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and gave him a chaste kiss before turning away.

 

    "Mmm, that's not quite good enough." He said before embracing her in a long and passionate kiss. She lost herself in it for a moment before he finally pulled back, chuckling at her dazed expression. 

 

   "Good luck darling." He smiled as he reluctantly let her go. 

 

    "DrAKEyyyyy!!!" They both heard Theo yell. "Come back to bed!!"

 

    "Well, that's your cue." She laughed. The look of annoyance on his face was priceless as she disappeared into the flames. 

 

   •

 

    "Only you could scare away my soulmate arsehole!" Draco said dramatically as he hurled a croissant at Theo's head. 

 

     "I'm going through a breakup! I'm fragile and can't sleep alone right now!" Theo wined as he got up off the bed and headed down to the kitchen. "Also you know I like my croissant with butter, how dare you." 

 

     "You are going to be the death of me..." Draco sighed as he headed down the stairs behind his friend.

 

     They sat at the kitchen island and made tea, while Nott summoned his house-elf to make them an elegant breakfast of French toast and clotted cream. 

 

     "How is the bond treating you by the way? I can't imagine how intense it must be now. Usually, a mated pair would be married already." Theo said carefully. 

 

     "It's brutal, every time she's away from me I feel my soul tearing to shreds until her return. I think I'm slowly wearing her down though... I have only asked her 10 times to marry me, so perhaps the 15th time will be the lucky one." Draco replied in exhaustion. "She's so incredibly stubborn, but I love her all the same.

 

    "Maybe you should just tell her about it then? Once you are married, the pain will cease significantly." Theo mused as their breakfast appeared in front of them.

 

    "That tactic wouldn't work I can assure you." Draco snorted into his tea, running a hand lazily through his dishevelled hair. "I was hoping it would be romantic, I want her to want to marry me... not have to marry me because it's necessary."

 

    "It's only going to get worse, how much will you be able to take?" Theo questioned.

 

    "As much as she can... anyways that's enough about that for now, I'm doing the best I can and that's all I can say." He grumbled, taking a bite of his food. 

 

    "Draco Malfoy... turned down 10 times by his bloody soulmate. Only you." Theo chuckled finally moving on to the next subject. 

 

     They chatted as they ate and finally moved over to the couch, soothing their hangovers with tea and large pitchers of ice-cold water with a dash of pepper up. 

 

    Draco finally got to the mail the owl had dropped on the coffee table earlier and reached first for the daily prophet. 

 

—-

  Hermione Granger- Pregnancy Rumours Debunked! Golden Girl is seen after having many drinks at a local pub. Does she have a problem?  Find out on page 6.

—-

 

   Draco rolled his eyes and tossed the silly paper aside as he started looking through the pile.

 

    He froze when he found a letter with a familiar name on it... he opened it with shaky hands. The blood draining from his face as he read the words over twice.

 

    Theo noticed his change of mood and grabbed the paper out of the petrified wizard's hand.

 

    "What is it? ....Is this a letter from your old Parole officer?" He asked.

 

     Draco nodded slowly.

 

    "Why is it addressed to Hermione?" Theo asked in shock as he opened the letter and read it. 

 

      "The Parole officer that you slept with is her new boss?" Theo said with astonishment as he stared at his friend in disbelief. 

 

     "It would appear that way... yes..." Draco choked as he continued to stare at the wall. 

 

      "That is quite the pickle..." Theo murmured as he threw the envelope back onto the table. "It's okay though, we can make a plan.... we will just, tell Hermione right away and she won't be mad..." 

 

     "I'm mostly concerned that Rosalind will be the angry one... she sent me a howler when I didn't owl her back after our night together." 

 

     "Rosalind Mackenzie is a psychopath, I don't understand why you ever slept with her in the first place... I told you not to." Theo reprimanded. 

 

     "I couldn't help it... she looked like..." Draco trailed off.

 

     "Hermione?" Theo finished for him snorting loudly to voice his disapproval. "Soulmates can be such idiots..."

Notes:

I wonder how the interaction with the two ladies is going to go... 😉

Chapter 4: Day to Day

Summary:

Hermione had a rough day at work and then gets told the story. Brunch with the girls and a surprise from Theo.

Notes:

I’m literally cackling away as I write this... I hope someone else gets a good chuckle from this chapter too. I have so much content for the next chapters that I’m struggling to fit everything in... this story is probably just going to go on forever until we’re all dead... this is my life now. So thanks to everyone who had read this!! I’m sending kudos back to you for bearing with me ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

  Once Hermione got to the Ministry, she realized that no crowd was waiting for her arrival and assumed that Shacklebolt had finally created a system to deter the press. 

 

  She walked towards the Auror offices, getting stares, but otherwise was unbothered as she headed towards the elevators. 

 

   Once she arrived at the door to the proper department, she reported to the reception and was guided to a small office at the front that had a gold bar reading 'Auror Rosalind Mackenzie'.

 

   She took a deep breath and stepped inside, seeing that Ron, Harry and Dean (who had also joined the training program) were already seated facing the young woman whom she assumed was her new boss.

 

   "Well, well... nice of you to join us." 

 

    A small brunette was resting against her office chair with a look of disapproval plastered on her face as she looked the Golden Girl up and down. 

 

   "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted... the three of you made the papers yet again this morning. I don't know what kind of special treatment you received in the past, but drinking heavily until the odd hours of the night when you work the next morning will not be tolerated on my team." Auror Mackenzie spat as she got up and walked around the desk, glaring daggers at them. 

 

   "Also, Mrs. Granger. If you are pregnant as the tabloids state. You will be excused from the next part of the defence training, for it is not... fragile work..." she sneered.

 

   "It's just tabloid gossip, she's not pregnant." Harry gulped before giving Hermione a sympathetic look. 

 

  "Good... then let's get started. Granger and Potter, you will be partners for the time being. Weasley, you are with Thomas. Follow me." 

 

   The rest of the day was followed by a gruelling display of their protection and defence spells. 

 

   Harry and Hermione duelled each other for at least a few hours, feeling their magic run ragged as they cast and cast and cast. 

 

   After nearly 10 hours, Auror Mackenzie finished by duelling the exhausted trainees individually. Using a particular force with Hermione she dashed around the ring, sending a flurry of spells to the exhausted Gryffindor, who managed to stave off a few of them but took quite a few body hits as well. 

 

  By the end of it, Mackenzie used her wand to draft extensive criticisms of each of their duels and passed it to them before sending them on their way. 

 

   Hermione looked down at the mess of red marks on the pages. Wizard or Muggle... red marks were never a positive sign. 

 

  

 

   The Golden Girl walked through the floo, completely defeated after her first day of training. 

 

  She found Draco, nervously looking her over with Bijou nestled in his lap as she entered the living room. She fell onto the couch, still in her full gear as she looked at him curiously. 

 

   There were some scorch marks still marking her uniform, her hair was fallen onto her face and large dark circles were welling under her eyes. 

 

   "Draco, why are you using Bijou as a feline shield?" Hermione wondered allowed as she looked at him skeptically. 

 

    "How was work today?" He asked carefully, searching her face for something.

 

    "How do you think?" She questioned as she motioned towards her dishevelled appearance.

 

  "There Is something I need to tell you, but I need you to promise you are not going to leave me or judge me after." Draco sighed as he held Bijou closer. 

 

   "Just tell me." She said exhaustedly. 

 

   "Rosalind Mackenzie was my parole officer..." Draco paused as he tried to find the courage to proceed. "One night after one of her visits, we kind of slept together and... it didn't end well. She was expecting something more I suppose,  but I was rather hung up on someone else, so she sent a nasty howler to me and well... I haven't spoken with her since." 

 

   Draco stared at the ground, waiting for the explosion he thought was coming...

 

   "Oh, my gods." Hermione started, removing Bijou from his lap and putting her down on the ground. Draco prepared himself for the worst as the cat gave him a sympathetic look, heading to the bedroom. 

 

    "She's not allowed to do that, it's completely illegal." She continued, much to Draco's surprise. 

 

   "Why on earth would I be upset with you? If anything, I'm relieved that what I experienced today was because of a petty insecurity rather than an attack against my actual ability." She laughed and settled her hands on Draco's as she looked him in the eyes gently. 

 

  "You mean she took it out on you?" Draco winced as he took her hand in his and saw the scrapes and bruises against her knuckles and fingers. 

 

  "Tiny women can be quite vicious, as you well know... by the way, Harry was joking that she kind of looks like me... was I the girl you were hung up on?" She said jokingly as Draco healed the cuts on her fingers with his wand.

 

   "Being hung up on you was my life for quite a while, I knew it was only you— and yes I may have slept with a look-alike here or there. But only because I never expected to ever get the real thing." He admitted. 

 

   "You're not the only one..." Hermione said embarrassedly looking away as she got to her feet and climbed up the stairs to the open bedroom. 

 

    Draco sat for a moment pondering that comment, then followed her up to their walk-in closet where she was slipping on a pair of sweatpants. 

 

   The bruises climbed up her thighs and back, spreading their way along her shoulders and arms. 

 

    "What do you mean I'm not the only one?" He asked in amusement, resting against the doorframe. 

 

     She sighed and looked at him with a smirk. "Although I wasn't as successful as you were..." she said with a raised brow. "I found myself a look-a-like once... although I didn't realize the connection right away. A man attended a gala for muggle-born inclusion that I made an appearance at after the war. I found myself rather taken by the man... and made a very awkward pass at him when I had consumed a little too many firewhiskini's. Harry saved the day as is the usual and forced me to leave with him." 

 

 "You made a pass at him? That I would pay to see." Draco smiled as he went over to her and slid a thumb along her rib cage where a particularly purple mark was forming.

 

  "Well needless to say it didn't work out, but I realized afterwards that you entered my thoughts a little too often for just an old nemesis. I suppose that was right after your trials." 

 

  "Now, if only we could set fake Draco up with fake Hermione. That would solve all our problems love." He said as he walked her to the bed and sat her down, healing her wounds one by one

 

   Suddenly the floo made a noise as someone stumbled through the door. Hermione chuckled and pulled on a shirt before heading to the side of the bedroom to look out over the loft.

 

   "OY!! I've brought Firewhiskey, I bet little miss Hermione needs a drink after work!" Theo called, setting his large bottle loudly on the kitchen island. 

 

   "I could use a drink, what about you." Hermione mouthed as she looked at her boyfriend. 

 

   He sighed and nodded. 

 

   The two headed down the stairs to a Pyjama-clad Theo who was already making himself at home with a very full crystal tumbler in one hand and Ollie curled against him in the other. 

 

  The three of them settled into the living room with their glasses as the couple told Theo what had just transpired and how Hermione's day had gone. 

 

   He chuckled when they talked about the series of bruises Hermione had sported from Draco's jealous ex-lover and discussed possible payback methods to get her back. 

 

  Finally, Hermione fell asleep and Draco carried her up to the bed before going back downstairs to get yet another lashing from Theo for not telling her about their impending doom without a marriage bond. 

 

 

 

  Morning arrived and revealed Theo (again) sleeping soundly in their bed, nestled against Hermione's back like a puppy as she laid against Draco's chest. For some bizarre reason, it didn't seem that weird. 

 

   Theo felt like family to her already and she was happy to open their bed to him, in a very platonic way, for as long as he needed someone. 

 

   She looked at her watch to see that it was 7:30 in the morning and jostled Draco as he sleepily grunted at her. 

 

   He looked like a model even when he was waking up in the morning which irked her constantly. His white shirt was tight against his rising and falling chest as he took a few deep breaths and yawned tiredly.

 

   "Hey... get up, it's your first day. You don't want to be late!" She insisted as she shook him harder. 

 

    "I'm up! I'm..." he trailed off, slipping back into sleep.

 

    "And you!" She whispered to a stirring Theo, nudging him with her elbow. "You have a meeting with George in 15 minutes..."

 

     When the boys continued to ignore her, She finally got up and started bouncing the bed to wake them once and for all, until Draco knocked her down and squeezed her against his chest tightly. 

 

    "Morning my darling. How did you sleep?" He whispered as he kissed her hair, eyes still closed. 

 

    "Fine!" She whispered back. "But you have to get your arse in the shower before your late." She rolled off of him and headed to the kitchen, making large black coffees for all of them. 

 

    She walked back up the bed, finally managing to wake up Theo, passing him the hot mug, then passed one to Draco when he came out of the shower. 

 

   "Since your boss takes Sundays off," Draco said, kissing her chastely. "What are you doing with your day?"

 

    "Daphne, Dyani and Annie are coming over for brunch. Then we're going to go shopping on Diagon Alley. So I suppose I will see you two when you get back, now I'm going to hop in the shower... good luck on your first day!"

 

    "I do so wish I could join you in that shower..." Draco sighed as he looked her up and down longingly. 

 

    "Be polite, we have company..." she reprimanded as she nodded towards a still sleepy-looking Theo. 

 

   •

 

    ... "and then the man got out a crucifix and started shouting at us in Latin! Can you believe it? His poor daughter has just found out she's a witch and now her parents are already trying to call a priest to perform an exorcism..."

 

   The girls were crying laughing at Annie's retelling of her unfortunate first encounter informing muggle parents about their child's magical abilities. 

 

   "I was like... it's my first day! Let me get someone else to help you..." she chuckled as she drank deeply from her mimosa. 

 

    Annie had taken a job in the Muggle Relations office and was clearly having a time already. As much as Hermione wanted to laugh at the story though, her heart hurt at the loss of her parents, who had taken the news she was a witch with such grace and acceptance. 

 

   "What about you Daphne?" Hermione deflected. "How are things at St. Mungos?" 

 

    The girl looked at her eggs with disgust as she remembered something and shuddered. "Let's discuss my job after breakfast... I'm afraid I have no intention of wasting this beautiful meal with the disgusting tales of the Mysterious Boils and Blisters Ward..." 

 

   "Fair enough!" Hermione said with her hands in the air. "What about you Dyani? I want to hear all about what it's like working with Henry Price!" 

 

   "Well... he already has me working on the advanced potion orders for his regular visitors," Dyani said. "He's been very kind and informative. Ron's been a little jealous since we mentioned he was rather attractive that night on the common room though." She blushed looking at the Golden Girl.

 

   "He is just so handsome though..." Daphne squealed as the girls snickered in agreement. "Speaking of handsome..." the girl said biting her lip. "Guess who has a date with George Weasley Friday night?" 

 

   "Oh my gosh... who?" Annie said dumbly, causing Daphne to frown.  

 

    "Me Annie... I have a date with him on Friday." The former Slytherin said defensively as the insecurity set into her beautiful features. 

 

    "Of course you do... I saw the way he was flirting with you at Gnomley's!" Hermione laughed, squeezing the girl's hand. 

 

   "George?? And Daphne?? No way... she's far above his calibre!!" Theo's voice appeared from the floo. He came over and kissed Daphne on the cheek before looking at Hermione. "I'm not here to crash your brunch... I just remembered that you said you were heading out shopping on Diagon. So I thought I would bring you a little gift." 

 

   He reached a hand out and led her to the walk-in closet upstairs as the rest of the ladies continued with their mimosas. Once they were in the room, he reached into his pocket and enlarged two presents, wrapped beautifully in gold paper.

 

   "You got me a present?" Hermione smiled as she looked questioningly at him. He motioned for her to open it as he placed them in her hands.

 

   She tore the paper off of the first one, revealing a flask, she opened the lid and sniffed it. "Polyjuice potion?" She said excitedly.

 

   "Yes, and I've already chosen the person too, so why don't you go ahead and drink it?" Theo said with a smirk. 

 

    Hermione was half concerned he would turn her into something unsavoury but shot back the liquid anyways. She gaged as the gross liquid began to coarse through her veins, changing her skin and bubbling as it transformed her. 

 

   When the process was complete, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She was a much older but elegant-looking woman. She had grown at least a foot and was now sporting a dark black luscious bob.

 

   "I bought you clothes too sweetheart, that's what's in the other present." He said kissing her cheek and leaving her to put them on. 

 

   Once she changed and got used to her limbs, she descended the stairs as her friends balked at her.

 

    Once Theo had told an acceptable lie, so as not to implement Neville, the girls were happy for Hermione that she would have a day off from being herself. 

 

   "Very classy choice Mr. Nott." Daphne chuckled. "Who is she?" 

 

    "A distant cousin of mine who lives in rural France, nobody will recognize her here," Theo said as he came up to Hermione to check that everything fit properly. 

 

   "Yes that will do just fine... now I've put two more vials in the pocket in case you want to keep up the charade for a while longer. Now I've got to get going." He said as he kissed her hand delicately. "I'll make dinner tonight princess!"

 

   "You mean your elf will make dinner tonight?" Hermione laughed, ruffling his curly hair. 

 

    "Yes... Jacque will be making dinner tonight..." he corrected himself as he ran out the door.

 

    "Shall we?" Hermione said excitedly to her friends.

 

    "I think we shall... Francesca?" Annie tested. 

 

    "She is such a Francesca!" Said Daphne.

Notes:

I’m starting to get that familiar yearning feeling to write many many smut scenes... we’ve had two dry chapters back to back now, which has actually only been about 24 hours in the story, but my Draco and Hermione don’t like to wait that long... especially with their dreadfully powerful soulmate bond is driving them together.

What I’m trying to say is... smut alert for our next chapter. With a bit of content because it’s fun! I will probably finish it off by today or tomorrow!

Chapter 5: Cupboards and Things (Explicit)

Summary:

Draco gets taken out for lunch, then taken at lunch. Hermione and Daphne talk about George. Then a romantic dinner occurs... smut.

Notes:

I’ve been told Cupboards are closets...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

  ... "I still can't believe you've broken a Mezner curse already... is it actually your first day?" Cho laughed at Draco as she took a bite of her sandwich. 

 

  Draco was sitting outside on a warm patio on Diagon Alley with Cho Chang, Adrien Pucey and Ernie McMillan. They had all cracked a rather difficult curse during the course of the morning, so Cho had decided to take them out for a treat, to go over their next project. 

 

   "I supposed it was the one plus side of growing up in a manor full of dark objects and Lucious Malfoy." The blonde grimaced as Adrian Pucey snorted loudly. 

 

   Suddenly, Draco felt his bond with Hermione thrum and his head snapped up to a tall unfamiliar brunette walking into the cafe. She didn't look like his witch but he knew it was her in his marrow. 

 

   When he saw her go towards the hallway where the loos were, he excused himself and followed. 

 

   "Hmm, where could she be..." he pretended to be lost, but sense that she was in the utility cupboard. 

 

    Once he entered the dark closet, he locked the door behind him and looked at the mystery face of his witch as he moved forward.

 

    "Well, well, well... did anyone ever tell you it was unsafe to go into broom cupboards with dark wizards all alone?" Draco said with a menacing velvet tone, walking toward her.

 

   "How did you know it was me?" Hermione said as she backed up into the wall. He slipped his hand around her throat and gave her a long kiss. "I always know when your near, and frankly I would know it was you even if you were disguised as Filtch." He said as he removed his hand from her neck and lowered it down to her waist.

 

   "Gods I missed you this morning." He whispered as he pressed her into the wall harshly and lifted her legs to wrap around his waist. 

 

    He hiked up her skirt and hastily undid his belt as he simultaneously vanished her underwear and sank into her wet heat. He didn't even care that she had taken on a different appearance, he could feel her soul linking with his and he couldn't bear to stop. 

 

   "Fuck Draco! Harder!" Hermione moaned as he continued to press her into the wall. 

 

    His cock slammed in and out of her with force as he lost himself in her familiar scent and movements. It didn't matter who she was disguised as, her hand would always grab his hair like this when he flicked at her clit, and she would always know exactly where to find that little spot on his neck that sent him over the edge. 

 

   "Theo is not coming over tonight by the way. I need you too much." Draco grunted as he buried his head in her chest.

 

    They came in unison as they clutched at each other desperately, trying to meld into one as their orgasms washed over them. 

 

   "It's too late, he's already making dinner for us tonight..." she gasped as she continued to hold onto him, unable to let go. 

 

    "Fine... then tomorrow he's out!" Draco said seriously, before pulling out of her and tucking his member back into his pants. "I should probably get back to lunch now... how do I look?" 

 

   She giggled as she cast a few de- wrinkling spells and fixed his hair with her hand. 

 

  "You look perfect." She whispered as she gave him one last kiss and sent him on his way. He reluctantly let go of her but eventually headed out the door and back to the table. 

 

   She waited for a beat before leaving the closet after him and then went back across the street to Flourish and Blott's where her friends were in the back giggling by the adult and romance section. 

 

   "Did he recognize you?" Dyani asked as she looked at a rather naughty picture in a magical sex position book. 

 

   "Oh... I think he recognized her alright..." Annie giggled as she flattened the dark brown hair of Hermione's disguised head.

 

 

 

   Hermione went to Daphne's place after their shopping trip, neither of them had used the building pool yet so they decided to buy swimming suits and a few bottles of rose to soak up the rest of the summer where it lay, nestled in the atrium. 

 

   Once Daphne had shown Hermione her cute little loft on the fifth floor, the girls got changed and headed down with their towels and sun hats, ready to relax. 

 

   They floated in the temperate water as the sun shone down through the massive atrium and caused the light ripples to dance along the bottom of the pool through the water.

 

    Hermione flourished her wand and cast a misting charm above the pool to cause a flurry of rainbows to appear through the golden rays. 

 

   "So? Are you excited about your date with George on Friday night?" She asked as they cheers'd with their wine glasses. 

 

   "I didn't want to say it in front of Annie... but I kind of... sort of already went to his house the night we met and..." 

 

   "Nooo!" Hermione's squealed in delight. "Tell me everything!!"

 

    "It was very romantic for a night of passion I have to admit, we kissed in front of his fireplace for hours before he finally took me to bed and I am telling you Hermione... he is insatiable. He is an incredibly thorough lover and he didn't stop until three in the morning."

 

   "Oh gosh!" Hermione said as she took a big sip of her wine. What she wouldn't do right now for an entire night of shagging Draco.

 

    "He actually made me breakfast in the morning too and it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. In fact, talking with him over pancakes may have been one of my favourite parts." She blushed and bit her lip, hiding her face under her sunhat shyly. "Then we did it again all day... he even forgot to open the shop. When I finally told him I had to go... well he asked me if I would like to go to dinner on Friday." 

 

   "You are totally dating George Weasley!!" Hermione giggled as she lightly splashed the girl with water. "Ron said he's never even let a girl sleepover before, there was a point when we were all quite worried about him..."

 

 

   "There is only one problem..." Daphne started. "How do I tell him that he needs to get rid of his shrunken head collection?" 

 

   The Gryffindor nearly collapsed with laughter as she imagined a romantic evening with those loud mouths dangling from the wall. 

 

  

 

   Hermione used the actual door for the first time since moving into their flat, almost turning around and finding a floo rather than trying to dig through her bag to find the key. She eventually found it, however, buried under some books and worked her way inside.

 

   Upon entering she walked around to the dining room and saw a very romantic table setting for only two people with Draco and a bottle of wine waiting for her. 

 

   "Where's Theo?" She asked as she entered the room In her sun cover and hat, dropping her bag on the hook. 

 

   "I guess he knew we needed a night to ourselves..." he said as he patted the chair next to him and poured her a glass of wine. 

 

    She stopped before she could sit down and gave him a long steamy kiss, effectively rendering him speechless. "We do need a night to ourselves, now tell me all about your day!"

 

   "Well, I met a rather interesting witch in a cupboard—"

 

   "Other than lunch... that part I remember." She laughed. 

 

  •

 

    As their meal appeared and the sunset began to drift through the atrium facing window, Draco told her the events which led him to become the most popular new recruit of the program. 

 

   ..." Chang even let me break the curse by myself... apparently that is not common but I managed it all the same." He said happily as he cut into his Arctic Char. 

 

   "I'm so proud of you Draco," she said as she stared at him dreamily, getting lost in his eyes as he spoke.

 

   He suddenly put his fork and knife down and an amused look crossed his face as he looked at her.

 

   "Hermione." He said with a deep penetrating voice. "If you keep looking at me like that, I may not let you finish your dinner..." 

 

    "I'm full..." she said as she threw her napkin aside and pulled herself onto his lap, kissing the butter off his lips. 

 

    "This is really good Arctic Char are you sure you—"

 

   "Shut up Malfoy..." she sighed as she wrapped her sun-kissed arms around his ivory neck. 

 

    "You don't have to ask me twice." He growled as he abruptly stood up with her in his arms, knocking the chair he had been sitting on to the ground. 

 

    He pulled out his shaft that was already rock hard and pulled her bathing suit bottoms to the side savagely entering her. She gasped as he then slowly moved her on top of him while he walked to the stairs. 

 

   He bounced her down harder onto his cock with every step he ascended and then collapsed on top of her into their warm down comforter once they made it to the bed. 

 

  "What do we have here?" he whispered as he unwrapped her white sun cover and pulled down her bikini to lap at her nipples. 

 

  She slipped her hand up and down his boner as he sighed into her chest, he could smell the sun and salty chlorine on her skin. 

 

   Finally, he lost his ability to move slowly and ripped her out of her tiny navy blue suit, burying his face in her cunt, licking long strokes up and down her clit greedily.

 

    "Yess. Oh yes right there!! Please." She cried as his tongue found her nub and suckled it noisily. He hummed into her nether regions and added a whole other layer of pleasure that sent shivers down her spine. 

 

   "Do you like that?" He sighed, not taking his eyes off of her pink rosebud for even a second.

 

   "Oh, my gods. YES..." she moaned as he continued to obsess over her clit. He then wet a finger with his tongue and pressed it gently into her tight anus as he continued to French kiss her hardening bundle of nerves, using his other hand to stroke himself whilst groaning in pleasure. 

 

   She became a total mess when he shoved his finger deeper into her tight hole and felt her sphincter wrap around his digit rhythmically as she came into his hot mouth. 

 

   "Fuck Draco. I love the way you do that..." she sighed as she came down from the high she was experiencing. "I want to taste you now." 

 

   She got up from the bed and ripped his clothing off his body letting him fall to the sheets this time as she got on her knees and gave him a long suck, letting her cheeks hollow as she came up. 

 

   He hissed in need as she kissed his heavy cock over and over, taking him as deeply as she could manage with her hands gently gliding over his thighs. 

 

    Then she decided to do to him what he had done to her and licked a finger, letting it tease his ass lightly before burying it deeper within him. 

 

   He growled at the pressure, and she could see his bullocks tighten as she picked up speed and added a few strokes of her hand to the base of his cock. 

 

   "Am I doing it right?" She said as she pulled back slightly before descending on him again with her warm lips.

 

   "Please darling, don't talk with your mouth full, and for the love of Merlin... don't stop." His chest rippled as he growled at her overwhelming sensation. 

 

    She continued to suck and blow on him over and over until he couldn't hold on any longer. He grasped her hair into a ponytail firmly and pressed her throat down one more time as he came, staring down at her as if she was going to disappear if he blinked. 

 

    She smiled once she pulled off of his member and crawled onto the bed, resting her head against the pillows, feeling him soften beneath her.

 

     They laid against each other, both breathless from their euphoria and she thought he might be tired after such exertion, but that wasn't the case much to her satisfaction.

 

   He climbed on top of her again, staring into her eyes and opened her legs with his knee so that he could rest in between them. 

 

   "I'm officially banning Theo from the house so that I can have your mouth on me like that every night." He said maliciously as he positioned his tip at her entrance. 

 

    "I think he's moved on... why else would he leave us alone tonight." She sighed as he slowly thrust into her embarrassingly wet cunt with his thick cock. 

 

    "Probably because he knows I want to ask you to marry me again." He suddenly stopped as he looked at her again with a burning intensity. "I love you Hermione Granger, and I would be the happiest man on earth if you would just finally marry me." 

 

    "Hmmm... no." She began.

 

     He chuckled into her chest, laughing with defeat before she spoke again. 

 

    "But I think I'm getting used to the idea, so don't stop asking." She said as she flipped him into his back and started riding him from the top.

 

    "I would never stop asking. I would just get smarter at it," he said, holding her against him as she rolled her hips. 

 

    "There's the cunning Slytherin I love."

Notes:

Say yes already... gods my Hermione is such a brat, I think she might get punished in the next chapter;). I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!! Drop a comment and let me know if liked this chapter!

Chapter 6: Pounce (TW- Explicit)

Summary:

Another awful day at work for Hermione and her friends. Theo and George help Hermione- their way. Draco helps Hermione with work- his way...

Notes:

This is by far my favourite chapter of my whole series... (I’m very disturbed apparently) I hope it’s not over the top.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

   Hermione was in a fantastic mood the next morning for work, she had needed some alone time with Draco and felt that everything was right in the world again afterwards. 

 

  That is... until they began their training for the day. 

 

   Auror Mackenzie had taken them into a large room in the lower levels of the ministry where a more complex duelling area existed. 

 

   This was tactical training at its finest. There were hiding spots, obstacles and floating distractions, meant to confuse and distract as the duelling commenced. 

 

   The little brunette chased after them, forcing them to run and hide and protect themselves as she sent hexes their way. The hexes she was sending were not merely stupefying or disarming charms either... but stinging, leg locking and body bind curses. 

 

   By the end, Ron had a face the side of a large bucket from a stinging hex, Dean was on the ground-bound from head to toe and turning slightly purple, Harry was dangling from his feet from a rafter in the ceiling and Hermione was covered in a viscous green slime— that was causing her to stick to anything she touched. 

 

   Mackenzie sneered at them all as she swaggered through the course, looking them up and down with disdain.

 

   "This... is... pathetic." She droned. "I thought I was getting sent a group of warriors to work with. Instead... I get sent children. If you don't learn fast, you aren't going to make it in this program." 

 

   She turned around to face Hermione as she continued to address them all. "I will see each of you individually in my office after you... get cleaned up." 

 

    One last scoff and she left them to it. 

 

    As much as Hermione hated to admit it... The chaos that such a tiny witch had incited was rather impressive, as much as she loathed her. 

 

  •

 

    "Do you think now that Voldemort's Horcrux inside me is gone that I'm no good at this anymore?" Harry asked as he crunching on a Dorito reflectively.

 

    "No... I do believe we might be getting hazed though." Hermione laughed as she took a big sip of Gullyfizz. 

 

     "Gods I wish Ginny was here." He whined as he flung his head back dramatically, squeezing the life out of her couch pillow with his large arms. 

 

    Once they were sufficiently tipsy, Hermione finally picked up the pile of notes that Mackenzie had passed her after training and read it over. 

 

     "It seems she's least impressed with my surprise attack defence..." she groaned as she flung the papers back to the table slovenly.

 

     "She's put 'General lack of creative output while duelling' on mine..." Harry sighed as he drank again deeply. 

 

     "At least you stand a chance of getting on her good side... I don't think she will ever like the woman who stole away her lover." She mirthlessly chuckled. 

 

      Suddenly Theo appeared from the floo and looked at the two dirty dishevelled hero's. 

 

     "Hermione? What's all over your hair sweetheart..." he chuckled as he came over to her with his wand. "Is that troll spunk?" 

 

     "Eww, no...." Hermione choked on her drink. "Mackenzie cursed all of us, guess I just got the most humiliating of the bunch."

 

    "Better than Ron's I'd reckon. Dyani has been working on a potion to lessen the swelling in his face for a few hours now." Harry said to Theo. "His head literally looks like a bucket." 

 

     "I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rosalind Mackenzie is a psychopath... now, you better be willing to share that Gullyfizz," Theo said as he removed the gloop from Hermione's hair with his wand. "There we go princess, a little more golden, a little less green."

 

  •

 

  Draco got home that night to not one, but three sleeping humans in his apartment.

 

   He could already hear Theo's snores from the loft— and Harry and Hermione were passed out on the couch, using each other for pillows. 

 

    The blonde walked over to the leather sofa and poured himself a drink before noticing a thick stack of paper on the coffee table.

 

  'Needs to work on surprise attack defence' he read. He could help with this one, he thought wickedly but brushed the thought to the back of his mind for later.

 

    He then took Hermione upstairs and nestled her into the bed with Theo before climbing in after her. 

 

   When he pulled her into him, she wrapped her arms around his waist, clutching at his shirt in her sleep as she sighed contentedly. He snaked his arms around her and fell asleep nearly instantly in her embrace. 

 

   He hated being away from her.

 

  •

 

   "Wake up Princess!!" Theo called from the kitchen. Hermione opened her eyes and rolled out of bed, feeling her sore limbs groan underneath her as she tried to stand on them. 

 

    She leaned against the loft railing as she looked down to the kitchen. "Where's Draco?" 

 

   "A cursed grand piano was found and brought to the ministry, so they called him in... and I'm leaving to meet up with George in a minute here, but I made breakfast and thought you might want it fresh.

 

    "You mean... Jacque made breakfast?" She snickered as she dragged herself down to the kitchen island.

 

    "Of course that's what I meant..." he said, waving his hand dismissively, before passing her a hot cup of coffee.

 

   "Morning sunshine!!" Theo sang to the couch where Harry was shoving a pillow over his face to avoid the noise. "Breakfast!"    

 

  "Leave him be! We were on the losing side of a 10-hour duel yesterday..." Hermione said as she bit into her toast with a satisfying crunch. 

 

   She then looked at her watch and rolled eyes in exhaustion. "—aaaand we get to do it all over again today... HARRY!! Time to get up!!" She yelled to him. 

 

    •

 

   Once they were finished breakfast, Hermione got into the shower and furiously scrubbed at her skin that still smelled of whatever green slime Auror Mackenzie had hexed her with. She brushed her teeth and tied her hair into loose French braids before heading into the closet. 

 

   She tore her uniform off of the shelf and was about it to get changed when she heard a...

 

  'Clunk'

 

   Something had dropped and rolled underneath the ottoman in the middle of the closet, so she got down on the ground to peak underneath it. 

 

   A little box that she had only seen once when Draco had first shown it to her in the hospital wing, peeked out at her. Nobody would know if she just snuck a look right?

 

   Curiously reaching for it... she opened the box and stared at the elegant ring that shone on out at her. It was one of the biggest rubies she had ever seen, crowded by inlaid diamonds and set inside of a thick silver band. It was incredible— and surprisingly Gryffindor. 

 

    She jumped as she heard the impatient noises coming from her best friend, knocking out of her reverie.

 

   "Hurry up!!!!" Harry yelled from downstairs.

 

   She shook out of the daze and quickly put the box back where she had found it.

 

   •

 

   "Well well well, look what the kneazle dragged in." George snickered as Theodore Nott slinked into his shop. 

 

    "I look far too spectacular to have been dragged here, old boy!" Theo said jokingly as he pulled George into a bro hug. 

 

    "What can I do for you, sir?" George said cheekily as he walked him to the back room and shut the door.

 

     "I need help with some shenanigans I cooked up last night. I figured you would be the perfect man for the job too..." Theo drawled as he picked up a strange orb from the desk, that— much to his amusement— turned into a rather large pair of bullocks as he held it in his hand. He chuckled at the Weasley product and then put it back down as he sank into George's chair.

 

   "Do tell!" George encouraged as he hopped up on the desk. 

 

   "We need to craft a rather convincing anonymous love letter to one Rosalind Mackenzie..." He said mischievously. 

 

    George started to chortle as he looked at Theo incredulously. "Granger's boss?" 

 

   "The very same."

 

   "Have you taken the thought any further than that or do we need to do some more plotting first?" The redhead asked with a raised eyebrow. 

 

    "I haven't, but I figured we could send the letter now... and deal with the consequences later..." he said as he transfigured his ties clip to a quill. 

 

    "Ahh, I think I'm finally starting to rub off on you... very good." George winked as he scrambled for a piece of paper. 

 

    •

 

     Hermione had an easier day than expected when Rosalind told her trainees she had been called away on some important business or another. 

 

   The woman had been in a rather good mood all day— and that had been a new sort of frightening altogether in her opinion. 

 

    Instead of duelling... they had been sent down to the archives to view a few old cases for training. Hermione quite liked this part, but was alone in that regard, for the boys were finding it rather tedious. 

 

     "Would you rather be hexed in the face again today bucket boy?" Hermione laughed as Ron complained about the hideous amounts of reading that he was required to do. 

 

    They had all given each other hilarious names to lighten the mood. Hermione's was 'slick', Harry's was  'Dangle' and Dean was 'Bond'. All the names had to do with the way they had been cursed the day prior by Mackenzie, who was secretly being called 'Bella the second' by the lot of them. Hermione hoped to gods her boss would never find out that they were comparing her to the late— Bellatrix Lestrange. 

 

    All in all, it was a far better day, laughing and reading out cases than running for their lives in an arena. 

 

  •

 

   Hermione came in through the fireplace to an eerily silent and dark apartment...

 

    "Draco?" She called out... but nobody answered. 

 

     Her hackles were up now as she silently got her wand out to flick the lights on— but much to her dismay, it didn't work. She was almost certain that power outages didn't happen in the Wizarding world and began to suspect it was tampered with.

 

     She walked into each room, starting with the dining room and then the office but nobody was there. Then, quietly, she ascended the stairs to the loft, looking around blindly and unable to see the pair of grey eyes that were watching her.

 

    She turned to go into the walk-in closet when she was suddenly tackled... a hand flew over her mouth and another tightly snaked around her waist as she flailed. 

 

   Remembering her wand was in her pocket, she sent a stupefy behind her and heard Draco curse before she fled down the stairs, leaping over the last bit of railing to cut time.

 

    "I'm much better at this game than you Draco." She said gleefully as she ran towards the office to lock herself inside. But before she could reach the door handle, she felt ropes around her arms, tightening around her body as she struggled against them. 

 

    She couldn't keep running because her legs were becoming too heavy to move beneath her—an obvious gravity charm— causing her to halt in her tracks. 

 

      Draco apparated behind her with a soft swirling sound and chuckled darkly.

 

     "You were saying?" He drawled as he lazily came up behind her once again and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face into her hair. 

 

      "You're going to have to do better than that if you want to duel with dark wizards like me." He whispered.

 

      He then picked her up, flinging her over his shoulder and carried her like a slain animal to the couch. Her body made a 'slap' against the leather as he laid her down roughly, her arms still bound and legs helplessly stuck to the surface as if they weighed 300 pounds. 

 

     "Draco what are you—" but she was cut off before she could say anymore with his hand over her mouth as he crawled on top of her. 

 

     "I'm showing you what would happen if you let your guard down with a dark wizard love." 

 

      The dark wizards she had met wished they looked like him. Draco stared at her with his disturbingly handsome serial killer face and bit her neck possessively as she struggled against the cords wrapping her arms. 

 

     He grinned widely as she wiggled underneath him. "What are you going to do now... there is no escape. I could do..." he looked her up and down, feral eyes landing on her breasts "...whatever the fuck I want with you." 

 

    He then flipped her over and slapped her ass before pulling down her pants and slipping a finger inside. 

 

    "Hmm... already enjoying this I see?" He said as he stuck a finger covered in her wetness to her mouth. "Why don't you suck on my fingers like a good little girl... I want you to see how good you taste before I have my way with you."

 

    Hermione felt his finger go into his mouth and teased him by lapping it gently... before biting down hard.

 

    "AHH, fuck!!!" He shouted before ripping his hand away. "Okay fine... if that's the way you want to play..." 

 

     He then tore her pants off and ripped her panties in half harshly. She could hear the belt buckle loosen but not fall, not that she could see anything while he pressed her face into the soft cushions. 

 

    "You better choose a safe word now love."

 

    "How about..." she said muffled into the pillow. "You're a wanker."

 

    "I think I should like to hit you with this now." He growled as he lifted her knees so that her bare ass was in the air. "Bad witches need to be punished."

 

   'CRACK'

 

   Hermione was so turned on from this game that the pain barely registered as pain. She wanted him to punish her too. So she did what she knew would make him angry... and kept quiet.

 

    Draco pulled up her head by grabbing a fist full of her hair and searched her face for any signs of disapproval but was instead met with a satisfied smirk. 

 

    "Of course you liked that you little brat." He chuckled, placing her head back into the pillow before whipping her again, harder. 

 

     She didn't make a single noise until the fifth crack after he intensified his strength. She squealed as quietly as she could but it wasn't lost on Draco. 

 

    "I think you're ready now." He said as he lowered her legs down and pushed them together. 

 

      Suddenly she felt his raging boner push into her entrance as it slid past her inner thighs, pressing her harder into the leather couch.

 

      She screamed in pleasure as her wet velvety pussy welcomed his intrusion, pressing into his thrust.

 

     "Do you like that?" He grunted as he picked up the pace. 

 

      "I always thought dark cock would be a little... harder." She taunted. 

 

      "Oh, love... you shouldn't have said that."

 

       Draco wrenched her up so that she was facing him and grasped her neck firmly, unlocking her arms from their hold.

 

       She felt the release and wickedly lifted her hand to slap him hard across his handsome face, smiling brightly at the shock that crossed it. 

 

      The small lapse of his concentration was all she needed to bolt off the couch and run into the walk-in closet upstairs as he barrelled after her, forgetting his wand completely at this point. 

 

    She shut the door and locked it before backing away into the clothing. She bit her lip trying to stop herself from giggling as she heard him angrily pounding on the closet door.

 

    "Open the door and I might consider letting you live." He ordered from the other side.

 

     She laughed at the thought of doing what she was told, and instead decided to take her time, replacing her boring work shirt with a set of lacey lingerie she had bought earlier that week, just to throw him off. 

 

   She was just fitting a pair of black stockings on when the closet door exploded off its hinges, revealing a deranged and panting Draco on the other side.

 

    "Is something the matter?" She said casually as she draped herself onto the ottoman, legs wide open. 

 

       He looked her over with an obsessive energy she revelled in, then swaggered dangerously into the room, walking right in between her legs and glowering down at her.

 

    "I wasn't finished with you yet... BRAT." He said as he grabbed her jaw with his thumb and forefinger. 

 

     "So you decided to destroy the closet door to finish what you started?" She quipped. Running a hand up his bare thigh.

 

      "I would bring down major cities to finish what I started with you." He bent down to look her straight in the eye. "That my love... you don't want to test me on."

 

    He then bent her over the ottoman and fucked her hard, grasping her hair firmly as he pushed it into the soft suede fabric.

 

     She grasped the sides as hard as she could as the suede rubbed against her nipples through the sheer fabric and hardened them into taut peaks. 

 

     His hardness rocked her and she gasped at the complete feeling of him entering her over and over, she could feel the tightening in her lower abdomen as her impending orgasm neared.

 

    "Fuck I'm going to cum..." she moaned loudly as he pushed into her roughly.

 

     "We can't have that." He sneered as he pulled out and turned her around, shoving his hot cock into her eager mouth. "You haven't been a very good girl now, have you? Not even a simple apology for slapping you master like that."

 

    He pulled her mouth off of him with a pop before looking at her with a questioning look. 

 

   "I think you rather liked it..." she rasped as he held her hair.

 

    "I think I would rather like you getting me off with your dirty mouth now." 

 

    He continued to fuck her face as she took his entire shaft in her throat. 

 

   Tears were streaming down her face and she was gagging as his cock pressed into her uvula harshly, but she was loving it. Dark possessive Draco was her favourite toy to play with and she couldn't help but relish his face as he stared down at her with total and utter ownership. 

 

    He roared as he spilled down her esophagus, causing her to press her thighs together in pleasure at the control she had over him even when she was in a position such as this. 

 

    "Satisfied?" She murmured as she looked up at him with her large brown eyes after he had finally pulled himself off.

 

     "10 more times should do the trick." He said hoisting her over his shoulder. "Or until you beg me to marry you... whichever comes first."

 

     She rolled her eyes as he carted her off to the bedroom. 

 

 

 

      Draco fucked her into the wee hours of the morning until they finally laid in the bed in each other's arms staring up at the ceiling.

 

    "Clever trick by the way... hiding the ring in my clothes so that I would find it." She finally said.

 

     "I have no idea what you're talking about." He smiled as he held her closer in his arms. "But do you like it?" 

 

     "Yes..." she sighed as she looked up at him. "I don't think the ruby was large enough though, I would prefer if it could be seen from outer space."

 

     "That could be arranged." He smirked as he kissed her gently. "Or I could just buy you outer space."

 

       He then rolled on top of her once more and they kissed passionately until they fell asleep, thankful for the lack of Theo this time.

Notes:

Ummmm... what do you think? Lol! Do we like Master Draco?

Chapter 7: Viking Returns

Summary:

Ginny’s game with Bulgaria. Draco meets Viktor Krum. Ginny notices something is up with Draco.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

    

     The Trio made a public trip to Ginny's game to show their love and support to the fiery redhead in Wales. None of them had seen her for two weeks during her training and were very eager for her return home after the game, especially Harry. 

 

    It was a loud and chaotic event chock-full of drunkards, maniacal fans and the dreaded press— who went wild at their first opportunity in weeks to get close to the Golden Trio.

 

    Hermione had brought Draco and Theo along with her and was now grasping both their hands as she shouted and cheered for the Holyhead Harpies in their battle against Bulgaria.

 

    The crowd was on the edge of their seats as the players flew around the pitch at unimaginable speeds, knocking each other off their brooms, using the bludgers as weapons and racing each other to the hoops furiously. 

 

    "I think that one stuffed his undercarriage with socks if I'm not mistaken," Theo whispered into Hermione's ear, causing her to erupt with laughter at the obvious truth to his statement.

 

     "That one looks like he's using that big broom handle to compensate for his lack of stuffing," Hermione whispered back, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. 

 

    Finally, the game ended in a surprising victory for the Harpies. Harry whooped and hollered as his fiancée threw her hands in the air triumphantly, she then zoomed over to him and landed a kiss upon his face, nearly knocking him over, and causing mass hysteria with the journalists.

 

    "I'll see you when I'm finished here!" Ginny said to him over the noise as she flew off to celebrate with her team.

 

     "I think she missed you almost as much as you missed her Harry." Hermione laughed as the redhead got swept away by the blur of her fellow players. 

 

  

 

   "...I'm telling you, it was like kissing a cold, wet, dying fish... what exactly were you trying to accomplish with that weird lip thing you were doing?" Ron laughed as he put Hermione in a headlock and roughed up her hair.

 

   It was times like these Hermione wished she had a picture of Ronald's face when he was surrounded by acromantulas in the forbidden forest. What an inconvenient time to have been petrified...

 

   "It was cold, I was shivering Ronald, we had just been drenched by a rather nasty Horcrux... not to mention the second it happened I realized how wrong it felt and just prayed to Merlin it would end." She quipped as she pinched his hands away. 

 

   "Well I couldn't be happier it didn't work out or else I would have never met this amazing woman here." Ron said affectionally as he wrapped his girlfriend 'Dyani' in his arms. 

 

    They were all sitting in Gnomleys with the after-party from the game, Ginny still hadn't shown up and Harry was staring longingly at the floo in the corner, waiting for her arrival- ignoring everyone. 

 

   "Young love... is there anything more special?" Theo chuckled as he slapped Harry on the back. 

 

    "Sod off... shouldn't you be happy you finally get Draco and Hermione's flat to yourself?" He grumbled. 

 

   Hermione laughed at this... neither had been invited but both had just taken over, staying constantly since their move to Diagon alley. 

 

    It wasn't a bother though, both their best friends needed them and she was happy to have them there. 

 

    Finally, the redhead appeared from the floo, followed by a gaggle of Harpies and a few Bulgarian players too. 

 

    "GINNY!" Harry cried, storming across the room and lifting her off her feet easily. She wrapped herself around his tall frame and tugged at his messy black hair, kissing his tanned face all over as they mauled each other. A few of the players edged around their vulgar display of affection as they made their way to the bar for an after-game pint. 

 

    "Is that Viktor?" Hermione asked. 

 

    "Unfortunately..." Draco drawled at Theo discreetly, as they both remembered the blonde's dramatic reaction to her being his Yule ball date.    

 

     "Hermeeone?" Viktor asked as the typical seriousness on his face melted into more of an unrequited puppy dog love. 

 

      "I can't even watch this..." Theo said quietly, covering his eyes as Draco fumed at the Bulgarian who was now holding his future wife a little too closely. 

 

     "It's vunderful to see you again!" The Bulgarian said as he stood back to look at her appraisingly.

 

    "You too!" Hermione's replied. "Have you met my boyfriend? This is Draco Malfoy!" 

 

     Draco's heart wrenched without warning at her use of the word 'boyfriend' and steeled himself before nodding to the man and shaking his hand gruffly.

 

    Viktor used equal force with his own grasp and gave Draco a look that could kill if he himself wasn't feeling equally as lethal. 

 

     Finally, the men dropped their hands and Viktor turned back to Hermione to capture her attention again with his back facing the blonde Slytherin. 

 

    "I met your friend Geenny... we call her Viking. She iz small... but could destroy villages if provoked." He threw his head back and let out a booming laugh as Ginny came back to join them at the table with Harry, who was still flushed Scarlett in her grasp.

 

    "Well, why don't you sit with us so that we can catch up?" She offered and patted the chair next to her. 

 

    "Vy not! I vill invite my friend Vlad over too! I've told him much about you, what is it they call you now... Goldeen Girl?" Viktor grinned as he looked down at her affectionately.

 

    "Oh gods... please call me anything but that.." she groaned with her palm to her forehead in embarrassment.

 

     "I will be back in minute." The seeker finished, searching the crowded bar looking for his friend. 

 

     Hermine turned to face Draco and found him looking rather perplexed as he slipped an arm around her, possessively grasping her thighs through her jeans as if she was trying to get away. 

 

    "Are you okay?" She said with worry as she searched his face. 

 

    "I'm fine... I just would rather you remove the word boyfriend from your vocabulary indefinitely." He said stiffly as if he had been punched in the stomach. 

 

    "What would you rather I call you then?" She said, leaning in to kiss him softly. 

 

    "You know what..." he replied gently as he pulled her against him tighter. 

 

    Their bodies stuck together magnetically for a moment as their bond thrummed in approval before Viktor and his friend came to sit by them, Ginny, Harry and Theo. 

 

 

 

    The girls laughed with the two Bulgarians as Theo did his best to keep Harry and Draco preoccupied. 

 

   It was working slightly with Harry, but Draco was razor focussed on their conversation next to him. 

 

   He was constantly gaging Hermione's reactions to Viktor and watching the man like a hawk in case he tried to even brush a finger against her without permission. His head was a constant loop of jealous thoughts as he stared. 'Mine, Mine, Mine.'

 

   Victor was laughing at something Ginny had said when Hermine felt a note pressed into her hand under the table. She turned around to see Draco watching her intensely, nodding towards it.

 

 

  What would your Bulgarian think if he knew I would be between your legs forcing you to cum 3 times tonight?

 

- Boyfriend

 She rolled her eyes and used her wand to craft a letter back discreetly and then passed it to him, looking up and noticing Theo looking at them. 

Does this really seem like the time or place to discuss such things?

 

- Hermeeone

  He chuckled when he read the way she had spelled her name, and quickly handed her a response before she could engage herself in the conversation once more. 

You know... I think I've just changed my mind... make it 5 times.

 

 -Your Master

 

  Hermione ignored him that time- but decided to give her secret code to Harry anyways, prompting them to finish their beers so that they could continue their celebration elsewhere. She figured everyone would prefer to hang out in a smaller crowd tonight instead of sharing Ginny with the Bulgarians and the Harpies. 

 

     Viktor almost hugged Hermione when she said she they were leaving, but Draco used a calculated move of his wand to shoot her arm out instead. The man awkwardly shook it- looking disappointed as he grasped her tiny hand in his, asking her to owl him. 

 

     She glared at Draco afterwards. 

 

     The Bulgarian then hugged Ginny a little too long and Harry had to finally pull her out of it when it got uncomfortable for everyone before they headed to the floo. 

 

   Hermione leaned into Ginny. "Pool?" She whispered as she grabbed Theo and Draco and took them toward the floo.

 

    "We will meet you there!" Ginny smiled as she stepped into the hearth. "Bring your best firewhiskey Draco!"

 

 

   Harry and Ginny took a while to meet them downstairs. The two of them had a quicky on their couch before grabbing a cold bottle of champagne and heading down the atrium stairs where Hermione, Theo, Daphne and Draco were floating in the blue glowing pool. 

 

   "Heyyyy!" She called as she entered the room. 

 

    "Finally! What took you so long!" Hermione yelled as she got out of the pool and gave the redhead a long... wet hug.

 

    "Gods I've missed you H!" Ginny squealed. Not caring that her drunken best friend's bathing suit was soaking through her sundress.

 

    "Now that you're finally here! I think it's time for shots!" The Golden Girl smirked as she held out a very fine bottle of Firewhisey. 

 

     "Don't mind if I do!" She laughed, removing her dress and dipping into the water. "Well, wanker! Did you miss me?" She chuckled to Draco who was watching Hermione with a strange expression, before snapping out of it and grinning at her. 

 

     "Haven't you heard Weasley? Gingers have no souls... there is nothing to miss." He mocked as he waded over and pulled her into a hug. 

 

     The Slytherins then congratulated her on the Harpy win, getting lost in conversation about the other team's offence techniques as Harry and Hermione kept plying them with shots.

 

    After an hour, the Nirvana was blaring and they were all messily splashing around in the tiki-lit private pool, except for one person, Ginny noticed. 

 

   Draco was leaning against the pool wall, arms resting on the tile and eyes trained on his girlfriend... he looked radioactive, staring from the shadows as the moonlight cast shadows all around him. 

 

    While Hermione, Harry and Daphne laughed, she snuck over to Theo and caught his attention. 

 

   "What in the fuck is going on with Draco?" She questioned as the two of them watched the quieter than usual blonde.

 

   "If I tell you... will you promise not to say anything?" Theo murmured, giving her a worried look.

 

    "Yes... unless he's planning on using her as a human sacrifice to appease some basilisk god of some sort... I really hate basilisks..." she joked, even with her undertone of anxiety.

 

     "Okay, I'm not telling you if you're not going to be serious..." Theo huffed as he started to pull away.

 

     "Stop... I'm very serious. What is wrong with him. He hasn't taken his eyes off of her for like 10 minutes straight." She said.

 

    Theo sighed and looked at her meaningfully for a moment before he spoke. "As you know... Hermione and Draco are soulmates."

 

     "Yes yes, I know. What about it?" She interrupted.

 

     "Usually soulmates, once bonded through intercourse, marry shortly after. But unfortunately, Hermione's continued rejection of Draco is causing the pull of their bond to... intensify."

 

     "Okay... so what does that mean?" She said impatiently.

 

     "Well Draco is starting to feel a significant amount of pain when he is away from her for too long, he says he can't go even a few seconds without thinking about her- even when he's in dangerous situations at work that require his full thought. I observed them for a few days and found that the love they have for each other is pure but an underlying obsession they carry is getting too heavy for them to bear."

 

    "What do we do then?" She demanded, punching his arm harshly. "Why haven't you told anyone?" 

 

     "Draco made me promise not to... said he will 'wear her down eventually'... but they are both so stubborn I don't know when it's going to finally happen." 

 

     "Why hasn't he told her." She groaned as she sunk lower into the water. 

 

      "He wants her to say yes because she wants to say yes... not because she has to, he's loved her for such a long time, he thinks that feelings like these can be repressed and dealt with rationally, but nothing is rational when it comes to love sex and soulbonds."

 

       Finally, Her fiancée pulled her back over to him and she tried to put everything out of her mind as she leaned herself into Harry's strong chest. She had missed her little chosen one. 

 

   

 

    Once everyone was sufficiently intoxicated. Draco finally carried Hermione up the stairs to their loft. It was a long way to the 10th floor when she was wrapped in his arms, kissing him in a frenzy. 

 

    "Gods I want you so bad... I feel like I haven't seen you for so long..." Hermione groaned as he held her tight and bit her lower lip needily. 

 

    "I know just how you feel." He whispered against her skin as she tugged his wet dishevelled hair back and continued to kiss him messily. 

 

   "Gods I need you between my legs so bad Draco." She whined. He finally opened the door and threw a ward up-  in case Theo tried to break in again.

Notes:

Loved writing jealous Draco again... it’s been a while! When I write him, his words just come to me... I barely plan them lol.

Chapter 8: Yes (Explicit)

Summary:

TW: Draco uses his cunning mind against a drunk Hermione and finally gets what he wants- the Slytherin way. Theo and Ginny come over.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

    Intoxicated Hermione barely made it to the couch before Draco started de-vesting her of the tiny red swimsuit she was wearing.

 

     "You know..." she stated drunkenly as he kissed her stomach with an uninhibited passion. "In some circles... taking advantage of a witch in my state would be frowned upon." 

 

     "I would like to see them try and stop me, I've been waiting hours to feast upon your flesh," he said threateningly as he kissed her hard into the couch again, pinning her arms over her head as she giggled. "Now be a good girl and stop moving, this will go much faster if you behave."

 

    Draco bent down and swirled his tongue around her nipples until she was clenching her thighs harshly to alleviate the burning sensation of lust.

 

   "Is that where you want me to kiss you?" He said mockingly as he lowered to bite her rib cage. 

 

   "Lower." 

 

    He moved slightly further down, just past her belly button and looked up at her again with a disturbingly evil glare as his lips teased her skin. "Here?" 

 

  "Mmm... a little lower." 

 

   He then moved to sit in between her thighs and looked as though he was about to go in for the kill, when he instead moved his luscious lips to her very inner thigh, causing her to snap her legs out involuntarily. "Here?" 

 

     She huffed in frustration and finally grabbed his hair and moved him to the proper place, as she sighed in pleasure. 

 

     "Right... THERE." She cried as he finally began his tantalizing assault against her apex.

 

    He delighted at her euphoric screams, while he licked her up and down— dead set on her release, grasping her hips to move them up and down against his wet tongue. 

 

      It took him about 2 minutes to get the very drunk and very horny Golden Girl off as she trembled around him. 

 

     "Fuck..." she said woozily as she got up to kiss him. "I need water." 

 

      Draco followed her to the kitchen and poured her a large glass of ice water before sitting her on the kitchen island and lowering down to his knees again. 

 

     "We're doing this again?" She asked as he rubbed her clit with his thumb. 

 

     "Did you think I was joking when I said I would be getting you off 5 times tonight?" Draco said with seriousness. "Now finish your water... you're not going to bed until I've reached my goal."

 

     He then began his second descent on her clit, a little harder this time as he lapped his tongue against her tender spot. 

 

      She banged her water down on the counter and slapped her hands against the marble behind her, digging her heels into his hard back to press him against her possessively. 

 

     She fell to her elbows when he began to bring her to yet another crescendo while he wrapped one large arm around her thigh and rested a hand upon a breast, massaging it with his rugged hands.  

 

    His tongue continued to slip through her folds with purpose and she started to feel the coiling in her lower abdomen once more, taking her to a subspace of existence as she cried out. 

 

     "FUCK DRACO THAT FEELS SO GOOD!" She screamed as he held her down so she couldn't move. 

 

      "You taste like heaven." He hummed against her slit as she finished violently in his mouth. 

 

     "MERLIN... fuck...." she whined loudly as her toes curled against his rippling back, her calf muscles burning with the exertion. 

 

     "Two..." he stated as she fell back into the counter, heaving. "No sleeping!" He ordered as he lifted her to rest against him and brought the water to her lips. 

 

      "Again..." Draco said simply.

 

      "You are a maniac..." she whimpered as he forced her legs open yet again. 

 

       He had his way one more time with her on the counter before finally dragging her up to the bedroom.

 

      "Two more to go..." he stated as he gave her a chuckle and flung her into the bed.

 

      "I can't... it's too much." She sobbed as she tried to escape his grasp and hide under the covers. 

 

     He wrapped a hand around her ankle and violently pulled her naked body back to the edge of the bed, forcing her face to his with his thumb and forefinger locked on her chin. "I am your master witch... and I say... two more. If you would like I could make it 15... one for every time you have turned me down." 

 

     She shuddered at his authoritative tone and her clit throbbed as his gaze burned hers. He wasn't playing fair.

 

    He smirked wickedly and slipped a hand between her thighs once more. "Open!" He demanded. 

 

     When she wouldn't do as she was told, he pulled her up roughly and lifted her against the wall so that her legs were straddling his face as he stood- holding her up. 

 

     The blood rushed back down south at his ministrations and she grasped for anything she could hold in to which ended up being his blonde hair. She cried out again as he gave her clit a lashing with his tongue before settling into maddening circles. 

 

      He could barely breathe as she clenched her legs around his head. 

 

     "FUCKK!!" She hollered when he moved her with strength to lick her ass and then moved back to her bud. He suckled her clit with an unbearable slurping sound as he kept up with his frenzy. The vibration sent her over the edge and he gripped her thighs firmly before throwing her back on the bed and continuing his work. 

 

     When her impending orgasm arose, her thighs snapped open and her fingers grasped at the sheets firmly as she saw stars shooting across her vision. Her entire body tensed and released over and over with an intensity she didn't know existed as she finally flopped her head back to the pillows, feeling a serene rush of ecstasy rush through her. 

 

     Draco stayed down there for a moment, kissing her thighs before he looked up at her and wiped his chin with a calculating look. He then got up and disappeared into the closet, leaving Hermione to lay there, now very sober, in a daze of pleasure as she awaited his return. 

 

     When he came back. He sat on the floor in front of her and pulled her up to face him. He was on one knee with a little box- the one from the closet.

 

     "I supposed it's time to do this again... but this time I'm not going to do it like a Gryffindor. I'm going to do it my way... like a Slytherin." He said with a deep and penetrating voice. 

 

     "Now Hermione Jean Granger, will you marry me? Before you answer, just know..." He said matter of factly. "... this will go one of two ways. If you say no- I will not let you leave this bed until you change your mind, mostly with my tongue but also with my cock."

 

    "However, if you say yes, I may actually let you sleep tonight... and furthermore you will make me the happiest man in the universe."

 

       She said nothing... just smiled down at him. 

 

      "I am begging you, literally on my knees, I will do whatever it takes to make you the happiest witch on this godsdamn earth, just please, please marry me... before bad Draco takes me over and I'm forced to make you." He warned. 

 

     "Unfortunately for bad Draco ... my answer is yes. So you're just going to have to put him back into his cage tonight." She finally answered. 

 

      Draco froze and stared up at her, the box still in hand. 

 

     When he didn't move from the spot for a moment or two, Hermione giggled and kneeled in front of him to look him in the eye properly.

 

     "Did you hear me? I said YES!" She said laughing as she stared at his vacant expression. 

 

     "I heard you, It's just... I think my heart may have imploded in my chest." He breathed as he carefully placed a hand against her face. "Do you mean it?" 

 

      "Yes I mean it, and I can't wait to marry you Draco." She giggled as his eyes finally changed. 

 

     He snapped out of his daze and slipped the ring over her finger before she could say no again and she jumped on top of him and kissed his face fervently like it was their last day on earth.

 

     Draco just sat underneath her passionate kisses as he wondered to himself if it was the exceptional oral sex he had just performed or the lighthearted threats that got her to say yes... she was an enigma. 

 

  

 

      "Ginny... since you've been through all of this with me, from the very beginning. I would like you to be the first to know that Draco and I are... engaged." Hermione giggled at the redhead who was nervously shoving a croissant in her face. 

 

      "FINALLY!!" Theo's voice came from the floo as the brunette sank to his knees and pretended to praise the heavens.

 

      "Well I guess now BOTH of you are the first to know..." she said in annoyance but pulled up a spot for him anyway. 

 

     "So when are you planning it for?" Ginny said quickly as she and Theo stared at her expectantly.

 

     "Ermmm... I haven't thought that far ahead." She said.

 

      "Oh, I know!! You could have it at Blaise's manor in Italy! I could have it all planned by tomorrow and we could leave in a week!" Theo exclaimed. 

 

       "Or we could just go down to the hall today and get you married instantly! It would be so romantic!" Ginny interjected obviously, looking over at Theo with desperation in her eyes.

 

     "What a fine idea Ginny!! We could go right now!" Theo said to her, ignoring the Golden Girl's perplexed expression.

 

      "What is wrong with you two?" Hermione finally yelled as she stared at them in confusion. "Why do I get the feeling you're not telling me something, and why are you trying to get me and Draco married within the week? I literally just said yes.... 5 hours ago!" 

 

    Ginny looked at her guiltily, setting off a warning bell in Hermione's head... "Ginny? What is it?"

 

      Theo gave the redhead a warning look but she glared him down defiantly and began to speak anyways. "Hermione... there is something you need to know...." 

 

       "What is it?" She said with worry etched on her face. 

 

       Ginny hesitated before speaking. "If you don't get married soon, your soulbond will consume you both." 

 

       Hermione froze...

 

      "Have you been feeling like Draco is always in your mind? Distracting you at work or causing you to not eat or sleep? Are you exhausted all the time, is your magic weakened?" The girl continued as Theo sank his head into his hands.

 

      "Draco is going to kill me." He murmured as he dragged his fingers down his face.

 

      "Are you saying that our soulbond will drive us to madness if we don't get married? WHY DIDN'T HE TELL ME?" She said, red-faced and seething as she stood angrily. 

 

     "Because he wanted you to want to marry him... or something... he didn't want to pressure you into it. Even with the bond crushing his soul, he still wanted it to be romantic and spontaneous." Theo winced as he considered how angry Draco would be for telling her this. 

 

     "Fuck...." she cursed as she pondered this notion, realizing she would have said no if he had told her, but pushing it out of her mind for now. "It all makes so much sense now."

 

      She pulled her mind together, despite it being a sloppy mound of goo in her brain as she straightened and looked at them both with her hands pressed flat on the table. 

 

     "As annoyed as I am that none of you ARSEHOLES TOLD ME... we need to fix this, I will just have to convince him I want to get married in secret by the end of the week. Then we will have a second wedding without the pressure of the bond for everyone else to attend." 

 

     Ginny cried as she ran over to her best friend and held her. 

 

   "It's between the three of us for now though, let's not tell him until after I get him to marry me in secret. I can forget I am angry with him until after the wedding." Hermione sighed. She was more than annoyed but suddenly feeling ashamed of the real reason she had held out for so long. 

 

   "I will keep it a secret for now... but can I just ask, why didn't you say yes from the beginning? You two are soulmates and you desperately love each other, why wait?" Theo asked carefully. 

 

  "I suppose deep down... a part of me hoped that my parents would show up..." she teared as she thought of the two of them, lost to her in Australia or wherever they had ended up. "They were my only family... and I just couldn't imagine marrying the man I love without them there... but then I realized that all of you are my family now... and that Draco is too. It will be a ridiculously happy day because of that anyways." She said looking at the both of them as she let the tears fall down her face.

 

    Ginny wrapped her arms around her again and cried too. It was all very sweet until Theo jumped in and lifted the two of them, swinging them around— his curly hair sticking to the saltwater.

 

    "If it makes you feel any better... I don't have any family either... except you and Draco." Theo said with a small, but sincere smile as he wiped a tear off of Hermione's face with his thumb, giving her a small kiss on the cheek. 

 

    "Well... I have more than enough for all of us..." Ginny grinned at the two orphans. 

 

     "Show off..." Theo whispered to Hermione before he let her go and walked to the window to let the tapping owl into the loft that was carrying their post.

 

      "Just throw the Daily Prophet straight into the garbage!" Hermione called as she sat back down to shove down a croissant.

 

     "Ermmm..." Theo shuffled on his feet. Staring worriedly at the front page. "I think we are going to need to deal with this one..." 

 

     Hermione sighed, got off her barstool and lazily walked over to the man, reaching out for the paper.

 

   Brightest Witch of her Age- entangled in a scandalous relationship with both former death eaters-  Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott.

 

    A photo of Hermione at Ginny's game smiled at her from the page. Theo was whispering in her ear and she laughed cheekily as she held on to both his and Draco's hands. 

 

    "Well.... don't we look cozy..." Theo said lamely as he continued down the page. He then turned to read the continuation of the article on the next page and Hermione gasped as she looked at the next headline.

 

—-

    Ginny Weasley- Having carnal relations with the Bulgarian seeker Viktor Krum (What will the Golden Boy think?) 

—-

Notes:

Lol was it the most romantic way to do things? Probably not but I think drunk coercion is kinda sexy...

Chapter 9: Strike

Summary:

Skeeter gets it. A secret wedding takes place.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 "This fucking sucks..." Theo groaned. 

 

   Hermione was resting against the headboard, wrapped in her duvet with Draco and Theo on either side of her. They were wearing Pyjamas and drinking whiskey at 11 am and could not be bothered to give a shit after the repulsive article had come out. 

 

   Once Ginny saw the tabloid, she had broken out into hysterics, breaking mugs and plates across Hermione's flat before Harry had rushed over to make sure she was okay. They had left together shortly after, Harry carting a sobbing Ginny back to their apartment in his arms. 

 

   Hermione could handle Rita Skeeter slandering her name, but devastating her best friends like that before their wedding was a whole other story. 

 

   "I've never seen her like that before. She's the strongest person I know and to see her treated this way for no reason just..." Hermione faded out suddenly, a thought crossing her mind. 

 

   "Oh no.... what is it, love?" Draco said nervously as her battle face emerged across her features. 

 

    "We're going to need polyjuice potion, the invisibility cloak, and a jar..." she said as she wiggled her way out of the sheets. Before she could get off the bed though, Theo grabbed her ankle with his large hand to stop her.

 

    "Anything you want to share with the class Golden Girl?" He said with raised eyebrows. 

 

    "Rita Skeeter is going *hiccup* down..." she replied with a sloppy dangerousness as the two boys looked at her skeptically. "As soon as I finish this drink."

 

     The former Slytherin's simultaneously burst out laughing at her drunken threat, whiskey glass still in hand and clad in flannel pyjamas. 

 

    "Why don't you tell us exactly what that means before you go trotting off to burn down the Daily Profit building!" Draco began. "We are not Harry and Ron... all evil plans will need to be discussed and planned properly with meticulousness... together. Also, you have had far too many whiskeys to leave the house now." 

 

   They pulled the reluctant witch back up into the bed and plumped her back down against the pillows with a 'flump'.

 

    "I didn't even spill my drink... I'm totally fine!" She spat as she looked into the glass for a moment and then drained it... 

 

    "Sure you are..." Draco hummed as he sipped his own tumbler with a smirk. 

 

    "You know... we could sit around and plan something all day while we get drunk in bed.... or..." Hermione said, reaching over Theo to pull something out of her bedside table. 

 

    "... we could let Felix figure it out." She said triumphantly holding the vial they had stolen from their potions project.

 

   •

 

     Ginny laid on the couch in a ball. She felt violated on every level, for she had got hate mail and death threats all day. 

 

    "We will get her back... I promise you that..." Harry pledged as he stroked her long red hair and held her close.

 

     "I just feel like our life has been invaded, like I never want to leave the house, or see anyone ever again..." she choked as the tears streamed down her face silently.

 

     "Well I think that would be silly, as much as I would love to have you here 24 hours a day, I think you would miss your friends eventually." He was trying to make her smile but failing miserably. 

 

   She continued to stare at the wall on her side until they heard footsteps coming from the floo down the hall. 

 

    Harry gently lifted Ginny's head off of his lap and got up, walking towards the sound. Nobody was there...

 

     "Hello?" He said into the empty hall. 

 

      Suddenly a jar appeared out of thin air... revealing a rather familiar beetle he had been thinking of just a moment ago. 

 

      Then HIS invisibility cloak dropped off of Hermione— and someone he didn't recognize. 

 

     "Hermione.... what did you do? —and is that my cloak?" He chuckled as he grabbed the jar and looked at the animagus in astonishment. 

 

     "We didn't do it... Felix did." She stumbled as the stranger grabbed at her arms to stop her from falling. 

 

     "Gods you are still wasted darling, please sit down and have some water." The unfamiliar man said. 

 

     "Is that you Malfoy?" Harry asked. "Who are you supposed to be..." 

 

      "Story tiiime!" Hermione said, stumbling into the living room to find Ginny. 

 

    As soon as the jar was placed in front of The redhead, the girl screamed and shouted at the terrified little bug for what felt like hours as she unleashed her full 'Molly Weasley' upon her. 

 

   Hermione considered stopping her, but she knew Ginny needed this badly after her mental breakdown earlier. 

 

   Once she had finally exhausted herself, she sank onto the couch and gave Harry the 'I need a drink now' look, ordering him off to the kitchen to get her a scotch with just a look. 

 

    "So... what exactly did you two do today?" The redhead asked... suddenly concerned that her drunk friend may have done something highly illegal on her behalf.

 

    Hermione then told the tale of the three of them infiltrating the Daily Prophet.

 

   The Golden girl had disguised Draco as Brian Bletcher— Skeeters boss— to distract the woman's receptionist as she snuck to the Journalist's office with the invisibility cloak on. She had planned to search her office for dirt but instead caught Rita Skeeter, drinking with her photographer and using the quick notes quill to make up flashy headlines— choosing their favourites as she sipped on martinis. Hermione caught the whole thing on a magical camera, which she had just happened to grab last minute for no particular reason. 

 

   After the short pudgy photographer had left, Hermione used her wand to transform Rita into a very squashable form and floated her into the jar. She forged the journalist's handwriting and drafted a letter admitting what she had done to the real Mr. Bletcher, while Theo sent the pictures along with an article she had drafted to his friend at the equally popular newspaper 'Witch Weekly'.

 

   "Can't wait to see her try and skitter her way out of that one, the expose is due to be printed within the next day- officially discrediting everything Skeeter has ever written about us." Hermione chuckled as Draco forced water into her hands. 

 

    "So... we can't feed her to Ollie?" Ginny whined as she grabbed the jar and gave the beetle another death glare. The beetle glared back it seemed. 

 

     "No... we should probably obliviate her and leave her somewhere under a sleeping draught." Draco said. "But at least her name and reign on the tabloid section will finally be over." 

 

     "And... your name will be cleared..." Hermione smiled happily as she watched the relief finally set into Ginny's features. 

 

  •

 

    Once Draco and Hermione left  Harry and  Ginny's apartment, he pinned her against the wall up one of the hidden staircases and kissed her desperately, making her crumple against him. 

 

   "Your brilliant... did you know that?" He hummed against her lips.

 

    "You know... there is one more thing that I would like to do today..." she said breathlessly as he worked his way down her neck.

 

    "Anything..." Draco murmured, still lost somewhere between her collarbone and breasts.

 

    "I want to marry you Draco Malfoy... without anyone else knowing... just you and me, our little secret- again. To everyone else, we will be engaged- while we plan for our wedding with friends and family, but you and me, we will know that we already belong to each other." She finished as she pushed him away to rest her hands against his heaving chest and watch the reaction flicker through his grey eyes. 

 

   "There is nothing that I love more than having secrets with you darling." He said as he kissed her again, slowly this time. He then buried his head in her chest for a moment, clearly contemplating something before speaking again. "I have a port key in the office... I was going to use it to surprise you for a weekend off- but I think we could use it now. What do you say? Shall we elope in Italy tonight?" 

 

   "As long as I get to make you mine there..." she whispered as she dragged his head down again, sucking his bottom lip. 

 

   "Then what are we waiting for..." He said as he picked her up and carried her to their flat to pack. 

 

   •

 

    They arrived at the Zabini mansion an hour later after notifying Blaise about their plan to stay there. 

 

    The handsome man greeted them at the door, pulling them both in for a hug upon entering. "So... what brings you two here? Miss me?" He said devilishly as he winked at his friend. 

 

    "Actually there is a purpose to our visit Zabini. A top-secret visit that I trust only you with..."

 

    "Oh... the intrigue!" Zabini purred as he led them to the tea room and summoned an elf to take their things. 

 

   "So... what is this top-secret visit all about then?

 

   "Well," Draco said slowly. "We would like to marry.... in secret, but we will need a witness who can keep their mouth shut- and I was hoping that could be you." 

 

    "You mean.... she finally said yes??" Blaise choked on his biscuit as he composed himself and stared back at his friend.

 

    "It is consensual, if that's what you're asking," Hermione said with a raised eyebrow.

 

     He finally after taking a sip of tea, managed to compose himself and then ran to Hermione, giving her a big hug before jumping on Draco- nearly knocking him off his chair. 

 

    "I thought it would never happen! You're finally getting married Draco!! This is the happiest day of my life." Cried, Blaise.

 

    Draco smirked and hugged his friend back as he winked at Hermione. She giggled at the sight and took another sip of tea. 

 

    "Okay!! Let's get you to the chapel!!" The Italian finally said before stopping and staring at their clothes. "That's not what you're wearing right?" He asked incredulously as he looked them both up and down. 

 

    "She looks good no matter what she's wearing." Draco scowled.

 

     She rolled her eyes but her heart clenched with love at his sweet statement. 

 

    "What did you have in mind Zabini." She giggled. 

 

   

 

   As it turns out... Blaise had much in mind. As Hermione entered the little Catholic muggle church down the hill from the mansion, she was clad in a designer silk white gown that flowed to her ankles where white stilettos graced her feet with a strap flowing up her ankles. A fine silk veil hugged her face, while it gently tugged slipping against the floor behind her. 

 

    She looked at Draco staring intently at her from the back as she glided into a room full of older Italian muggles that had come to witness the union of the couple that they had never seen before. 

 

   A brassy organ played as she continued towards him, looking up with a slight blush creeping across her face. This Draco wasn't dark and possessive, jealous or desperate.  

 

   This one was the one who loved her and knew her soul better than anyone, the one who would die for her, lie for her and do anything she ever asked. 

 

   As she walked deeper into the mouth of the stone chapel, the light blinded her incrementally as she walked past each sunbeam from the high arched stain glass windows, one after the other.

 

    Every time her eyes adjusted and landed on his again, she knew. This was it, he was it... always and forever- she knew his soul better than anyone, she would die for him, lie for him and do anything he ever asked her. 

 

     As he stood in his fitted black suit and shined shoes, his hair glowed like angels. Glistening in the afternoon light, his eyes shining slightly as he watched her walk up the three steps that led to the alter. 

 

    Once the priest (who was secretly a wizard)  had said his piece he then allowed for them to say their vows to one another, starting with Draco.

 

    "Hermione... this is a day that will mark the beginning of my life- for, before this, I think I may have been holding my breath for you ever since I saw you first walk into the platform where we took the first train to boarding school." He said trying not to mention magic at all. 

 

    "Your mind is a wonder- something I would get lost in for eternity if there wasn't also your warmth, love and beauty. I will protect you always, love you always and as long as I live I will spend every day being the best version of myself... for you."

 

      Blaise slipped a thumb over the bottom of his eye to wipe around a tear and then began to clap before an old woman glared at him from the front pew.

 

     The priest then motioned for Hermione to speak.

 

    "Draco... if I had told my younger self I would be standing here today, she never would have believed me. If I had told her of your incredible ability to adapt, change, love... I think she would have though. If she had of known the man that I know now... she would have loved you from the beginning as I do now. Your love surrounds me with a security that I lost long ago... but now I know for a fact, I never want to go without. I need you, I want you and I love you more than a simple sentence could ever articulate. So I'm going to marry you instead."

 

    Their fingers grasped each other before Blaise plopped the rings in front of them and they slipped the simple silver bands over each other's fingers.

 

    The priest then asked Hermione in Italian if she would take Draco to be her lawfully wedded husband.

 

    "I do..." she said, a tear starting to drop down her cheek.

 

   He then asked Draco. 

 

    "I do.." he said, giving her an earth-shattering smile that nearly dropped her to her knees. 

 

    "You may kiss the bride."

 

    Draco laid back Hermione's veil and gently stroked her cheek before giving her a lovely soft kiss to the lips. 

 

     That's when it happened. 

 

     The wind billowed the doors, slamming them open and a gust drew in a flurry of silvery dust, shimmering in the rays of the setting sun as it danced along the isles, causing the old crowd to hold their hats and look away for fear of it getting in their eyes.

 

    But Hermione and Draco hardly noticed. The dust swirled around them in an intricate pattern as they embraced for the first time. Bonded by their marriage and their soulbond satiated. 

 

    He gasped as he felt them fuse together with more intensity than ever before and when he pulled away finally, the crowd all rustling up and leaving after the sudden storm, he felt their synergetic power coursing through them. 

 

    They felt... powerful.

 

  

 

    They got into one of Blaise's spare bedrooms and barely made it through the door before Draco was removing her of her dress. Running a hand up her silky thighs as they clutched him. 

 

    "I love you so much. I can't believe you're, my wife..." he said, sinking his head into her neck as he worshiped every part of her body.

 

    "Mmm... my husband, I feel very grown-up all the sudden, like I'm not 19 anymore. But it sounds so good to call you that... my husband Draco Malfoy."

 

    She then stopped and looked at him with a funny expression.

 

    "What is it my love." He whispered again her lips as he grasped onto the bottom one and sucked it lightly. 

 

     "What's my name?" She giggled. 

 

      "Hermione..." He said in confusion.

 

     "The last name." 

 

     "Malfoy.... your name is... Hermione Malfoy..."

 

     He revelled in this thought for a moment as he picked her up off of the marble floor and carried her to the rose-coloured silk sheets on the massive bed. 

 

      "Mrs. Malfoy...." he finally said as she rolled on top of him, letting her hair down and kissing him frantically.

 

      "Say it again...." she smiled as she caressed his face. 

 

      "Mrs. Malfoy... my darling wife, whom I love endlessly." He laughed wrapping her up in his arms as he kissed her again needing her to be closer— which was impossible at this point.

Notes:

Omg Mrs. Malfoy finally.

Chapter 10: Pottersville

Summary:

Jealous Hermione (upon request).

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

    After their quiet and discreet trip to Italy, Draco and Hermione returned to their flat on Diagon alley. 

 

   They flopped onto the bed, tired from their endless shagging the night before, laid their heads upon their pillows and then... their alarm went off... reminding them they both needed to get ready for work. 

 

    "I think I will be needing a real vacation soon... not that 14 hours isn't relaxing but the next one will have to be longer than that..." Draco sighed as he took off to the shower. 

 

    "Much longer..." Hermione chuckled to herself as she heard the shower turn on. When she caught Draco's eye for a second in the mirror, a strange look took his features over before he closed the door. 

 

    •

 

     Hermione was limping slightly as she moved slowly down the lineup outside a little cafe by the Ministry. 

 

    "Let me guess... Auror Mackenzie has been giving you a hard time?" A deep voice said behind her. 

 

     A rugged wizard with slick black hair, some of it falling forward over his black eyes and a moustache looked down at her with a hidden smile. She recognized the man right away as Darius Wayguard- the overseer of the entire Department of Mysteries... Draco's boss. 

 

   Hermione blushed slightly, he was very handsome but he was also trying to get her to admit something about her boss she wasn't willing to ... so she dodged the question. "No... just walked into something earlier, it's nothing to be bothered about. I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, I don't think we've been formally introduced."

 

   "Darius Wayguard... and we have, but I'm not entirely sure if you would remember me... it was last year at a gala for Wizard unity before you went back to school. I do believe we may have even danced at some point, but I won't be offended if you've forgotten. I'm sure many wizards were begging for attention that night."

 

   "Yes of course I remember now!" She didn't. 

 

    Hermione then turned to the cashier and ordered her coffees and treats for her, Harry and Ron. Before she could stop him though, Darius was putting his galleons down on the counter in front of her.

 

   "You don't have to do that..." she said awkwardly as The Wizard twice her age paid for her and her friend's lunch.

 

    "It's an apology on behalf of the Ministry for being stuck with Mackenzie on a day-to-day basis." He said flirtatiously.

 

     "Erm... well thanks." She said squirming as she walked back to the table with Harry and Ron. That little interaction had made her exceptionally uncomfortable but she tried to ignore it. Two minutes later their things appeared on the table and they began chatting. 

 

     "They have turned my birthday into a bloody holiday..." Harry glowered as he sliced his scone and slathered it with butter. "Never, have I missed the Dursley's celebrations more than I have now."

 

     "Aren't they throwing a party for you at the Ministry too?" Asked Hermione, feeling sorry for her best friend. 

 

     "Yes... I believe they have already delighted the task to the Weasleys Wizard Wheezes to plan." Ron interjected. 

 

      "Like... George is planning a ministry event?" Hermione blanched as she tried to imagine the scene. 

 

  "Sort of, but Angelina Johnson has been working with him too, she does the classier events and hauls George into line when necessary. She's a perfect fit for the job." Said Ron as he took a sip of tea.

 

  "By the way... now is as good a time as any to ask you officially... Ronald Weasley? Will you be my best man?" Harry said with a smile. 

 

  "Obviously!" Said Ron with a smirk as he leaned over and gave him a pat on the back.

 

  "Hey? What about me you arse..." Hermione shouted. 

 

     "You have already been reserved... but act surprised when she asks you!" Harry said sternly.

 

     "You want Ronald to be the one to plan your bachelor party!" She giggled... "Ginny's is going to be so much better..." she said slyly. 

 

    "Yep... that sounds about right..." Ron sighed... not even trying to deny it. 

 

     They all got up after finishing their pastries and walked down the way towards the little red phone booth on the side of the Ministry.... as they were descending, Hermione caught sight of Draco— sitting alone with Cho at a little cafe down the street. 

 

    She had married the man nearly a day ago and was already feeling slightly sick at seeing him get a coffee with his boss. She forced herself to look away and waited for the feeling to pass, wondering what the hell was wrong with her.

 

  

 

   Auror Mackenzie had them under a slowing spell in the arena for a full two weeks, it felt like being underwater again... their movements were slowed by quite a lot and they felt heavy and sluggish, while still trying to block and hit the little woman with spells. 

 

    "Today... we release the spell, it's time to see if you pansies have learned anything. Now I've engorged some Cornish pixies and released them into the Arena, and it's your goal to stop them... all of them— as a team before they attack you."

 

    Hermione shuffled awkwardly as she caught a glimpse of one of the large blue fast-moving pixies— trying to plan her attack. 

 

    She had felt off her game before she and Draco had married— finally bonding their souls and magic. So the hope was that now she would have her full ability and more now...luckily for her this was the case.

 

     The second Mackenzie unleashed them into the arena, Hermione out blocked, outshot and detained more pixies than any of her friends... she even saved Dean as he was nearly pulled away from a large blue being. 

 

   She was able to mind-meld with her whole team.. unlike anything she had ever managed before and they ran in synchronicity until they captured every last pixie. 

 

    "That was... better than I expected..." Auror Mackenzie said with surprise. "I guess, good work and you can go for the day... tomorrow the real work begins— and Thomas, make sure you read up on the safety guidelines once more! Know it!!" She urged as she dismissed them for the day.

 

  

 

  Once Hermione got into the door, she was met with a pile of suitcases in front of her. 

 

 "Leaving me already? I think it would be classy to at least give it another couple of days." She joked as she saw Draco already dressed and holding a port key in his hand.

 

   "You know I would take you with me if I could..." he said as he walked over to her and embraced her tightly.

 

    "Are any of the other trainees going?" She said, trying to sound nonchalant. 

 

     "No, in fact, Cho requested me personally- she doesn't trust that dickhead Pucey yet.." he said as he grasped her even tighter than before. 

 

     "Is it dangerous?" She asked, pulling back to get another look at him. 

 

     "Just your average ancient curse- hidden to stew in the desert for over 1000 years..." he sighed as he kissed her on the cheek. "Anyways it's time for me to go, I'll see you in two weeks- I'll owl you Mrs. Malfoy!" He smiled crookedly at her as he was hurled away into oblivion.

 

     She stood in the middle of the living room... realizing that for the first time in quite a while, she was completely alone... 

 

   'MEAWW'

 

    She sighed and picked up Ollie as she magically filled their food dishes with her wand.

 

  "What a short honeymoon that was..."

 

    

 

  "Hermione there is something important I need to ask you? Will you be my maid of honour?" Ginny squealed. 

 

  "Yess! Oh my...  I'm so surprised!" Hermione said lamely.

 

  "That... arse... Harry already told you didn't he?" Ginny grumbled as she took a bite of scone. They were sitting out at a small cafe near their apartment on diagon, the press paid them attention, but Skeeters' fall from grace had eased many of their worries when it came to what would be written about them. 

 

    As soon as the disaster with the Daily Prophet had been corrected, the planning of the Potter wedding had finally resumed. Which was now planned for August 15th at the Burrow. 

 

  "When are you two planning on getting married? Don't think I've forgotten..." Ginny narrowed her eyes at Hermione.

 

   Hermione tried to ignore her and looked away at something across the street. 

 

   "You didn't..."

 

   "Didn't what........" Hermione said quietly.

 

   "Never mind, here is not the place to talk about it.... you are still planning the 'real' one though right?" Ginny questioned. "One that your friends can actually attend?"

 

     "December 12, I think almost a year after we officially started dating is a respectable time to wait. I've always wanted a Holiday wedding too." Hermione said. 

 

  "That's exciting.... the clashing of green and red will look very natural at that time of year!" She said sarcastically. "Where is Draco by the way?" 

 

  " Mmm, he owled three days ago saying he was in Mail somewhere breaking a 1000-year-old rotten sand curse... I think he'll be back in a week or so." Hermione said thoughtfully.

 

  "Will he be at Harry's birthday event? Or will he conveniently be missing it..."

 

   "Not sure... I suppose we will see." Hermione said as she stirred more sugar into her tea. It bothered her exceptionally that she hadn't received an owl from Draco at least every day while he was gone... 

 

   Not to mention he hadn't even kissed her goodbye when he had left, just a peck to the cheek that was very unlike him... something was up. 

 

   • July 31st (Pottersday) •

 

    Hermione was feeling exhausted as she walked into the celebration with Theo on her arm. Since Draco wasn't going to make it, Theo had insisted she come with him instead so she could be a wingman in case he wanted to meet a witch there.

 

    She had been planning the Potter wedding, working and also dealing with a deep depression she had fallen into when Draco had returned for exactly one hour and then left again for another mission across the world. 

 

    One month she had gone without seeing him or hearing much from him at all. It nearly made her feel sick, so this distraction was not totally uncalled for. 

 

    Theo looked down at her and kissed her on the cheek to wake her from her daydream. "Ready Mrs. Malfoy?" He crooned as they entered the Grand Hall.

 

    "Nope... but no going back now." She sighed as they both caught sight of the silver and gold decorations, the red streamers and the champagne fountain bubbling away in the middle. "Let's go to the fountain first... then we will find Harry," Hermione said, trying to steer Theo towards it.

 

    "Who is that..." he said. Stopping in his tracks. 

 

     "Oh... that's Angelina Johnson, one of George's best friends, have you not met her yet?" 

 

     "No but I intend to, will you be okay alone?..." he said without looking at her and then leaving her to fend for herself before she could protest. The crowd of excited witches and wizards engulfing him.

 

      She huffed and heaved the large navy blue train of her dress along with her right to the champagne fountain, when she got there, Ginny showed up, seemingly with the same idea.

 

    "Fancy seeing you here..." said Hermione as she dipped her flute in the fountain. 

 

     "You look like your having about as good of a time as I am..." Ginny said sourly.

 

     "Yes well... I really just don't love press events... you may have known that about me..." Hermione said sarcastically as Ginny gave her a hard shove.

 

     "Have you seen Draco yet?" Said Ginny as she continued to sip the golden liquid.

 

      "What do you mean... he's in Chile still..." Hermione said, her eyebrows furrowing together slightly.

 

      "Oh... I thought I saw him laughing with Cho earlier... never mind must have been someone else." Ginny said quickly before pretending Harry was calling her and running off.

 

    Draco was here? And he didn't tell her? She would have thought he was coming to surprise her if he hadn't have been spotted with Cho... the old Draco hated being away from her for very long and would have found her right away after a trip like that... yet he was laughing with Cho?

 

    She stewed over this for a moment before she felt a light tap on her shoulder. 

 

    "What are the chances of me having the next dance Ms. Granger?" Draco's boss was behind her, she hadn't spoken with him for a week or so after their awkward first meeting, or rather their second. Hermione still didn't remember the first.

 

     "Why not." She said as politely as she could muster as the Wizard took her flute from her hand and wrapped an arm around her bare back. 

 

  "You look lovely tonight." He said deeply as she did her best to stay far away from his body, still stewing over what she had just learned about Draco. 

 

  "Thanks... so do you," she said nonchalantly as she continued to let him sweep her into the crowd. 

 

  "Where is that man of yours this evening? Don't tell me he left you all alone at an event like this." 

 

  "He was needed in Chile I believe." She said quietly, starting to get annoyed with the man in front of her.

 

  "My dear, If I'm not being too blunt.... what is it you see in that man? Surely a woman such as yourself could do far better than that." Damian said with an edge of superiority she hated. 

 

   "That is too blunt..." she said quickly as she glared at her shoes. 

 

    "Chile you say? Odd I thought he got back today..." Damian said with false contemplation. 

 

   Then she heard a familiar voice behind her and saw Theo tapping her shoulder nervously. "Mind if I cut in?" He said, looking strangely at the two of them. 

 

     "Of course Theo." She said, bowing at Draco's boss before leaving.

 

      "What on earth was that about?" Asked the Curly-haired brunette. 

 

       "I have no idea, whatever it was I hope it never happens again..." she stated, resting her face against his chest... "Theo? Had Draco told you that he's back yet?" 

 

      Theo stiffened and held her tighter as the music drifted. "No he hasn't said anything to me... isn't he still in Mali?— oh by the way! I met Angelina..." 

 

      So Theo was lying to her also... why? She tried to put it behind her as she answered him. "And? How did it go?"

 

      "Well I asked her if she wanted to go out with me sometime... and she said no," Theo said with excitement. "I think I'm in love with her." 

 

  "Well then what are you doing here with me? Go charm her to death!" She said, trying to get rid of him so she could sneak off. As confused as she was by his obvious lie, she still wanted Theo to have a girlfriend again- someone who would make him happy. 

 

   She then found the birthday boy and said a quick 'Hello' and 'Happy Birthday to him before slipping her way out of the party. 

 

    She had been holding it in... but she was definitely about to cry. Draco's boss said he was back, meaning he was just ignoring her as she suspected. 

 

   Why hadn't he told her he was there or made an effort to see her at all? She felt like throwing up as she glided down an unfamiliar corridor with way too much champagne coursing through her system, feeling her bond tugging her chest painfully. 

 

   There was one more problem as well. Why was she still as completely overtaken with him in her mind body and soul as she had been before the marriage? Wasn't that supposed to quell shortly after? What was happening to her?

 

     She was lost in her head until a voice sounded that made her quickly stand up straight and wipe the tears from her eyes. "Ms. Granger? What are you doing in the Department of Mysteries?"

Notes:

I think it would be funny if you guys told me who we should cast as Damian Wayguard? Give it a go!!

Chapter 11: Bachelorette

Summary:

What has Draco been hiding? Also it’s time for Ginny’s bachelorette party!

Notes:

This Is a rough edit, being one of the longest chapters so far. I hope it’s okay! I will be re-editing later so if it is unreadably I do apologize in advance. I don’t know how it ended up being so long...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

   Damian's voice appeared from the shadows... "Ms. Granger, what are you doing here?"

 

   Hermione straightened up and looked him over. "I just got... lost." She answered quietly.

 

    If she was being honest, she didn't know why she was down here at all. She had simply started walking... and this is where she had ended up. 

 

  "Well... I certainly wouldn't want a thing like you to walk into any mysterious doors and wind up in a bad situation unless that is what you are looking for?" He said wolfishly as he continued towards her. 

 

   "I think I can handle myself, I've proved that many times already." She huffed, leaning away from him slightly.

 

    "Of course you could, you are the Brightest Witch of her age for a reason are you not... anyways I was just coming down to see what your dear boyfriend was doing..." he said, nodding with his chin to the door behind them. 

 

   Just then, she saw a door open to her left and Draco strode out, wiping off his clothes with his hand. 

 

     Her husband finally looked up and a very quick confounded expression crossed his face before he pulled out his business professional mask to greet his boss. 

 

  "Wayguard..." he said after an awkward moment. "Hermione, what are you doing down here?"

 

    'What was she doing down here?' She thought to herself. 'What in the fuck was he doing down here... he hadn't even said 'Hello' yet. 

 

   "Malfoy..." Damian said back with slight disdain. 

 

     Then— to Hermione's horror — Cho came out of the office, also dusting off her clothes and fixing her dishevelled hair. 

 

     Hermione's heart lurched as she felt the champagne coming back out the way it had come in. "I think I'll just.. head back to the party now..." she said as she tried to set fire to Draco with her glare. 

 

     She strode off, hauling her large train with her as she felt her magic scraping along the walls of the corridor like nails to a chalkboard.

 

  

 

     Draco followed her through the department, through the winding pathways and then practically ran after her with his long legs as she stormed up towards the floo network of the Ministry. 

 

 "Talk to me Hermione ...what's wrong!" He urged as she slapped his hand away before stepping into the flames. "Why were you with Damian Wayguard down there? Did something happen?" 

 

 "Is that the first thing you have to say to me..." she said with a dark tone. He went to open his mouth but she wandlessly silenced him with a haughty flick of her hand as she stepped into the green flames. 

 

  He was in a lot of trouble.

 

  Once they were both standing in the darkness of their apartment. Hermione said nothing and fled up the stairs to their walk-in closet. 

 

  She quickly removed her fancy dress and replaced it with some casual jeans and a jumper— not her usual pyjamas at this time of night. 

 

   As Draco watched her apprehensively, he stayed silent, waiting for her to break the ice— and the silencing charm she had cast— while leaning against the doorframe. 

 

   Finally, she let out an exasperated sigh, stopped what she was doing and faced him with her arms crossed. She was so angry she wouldn't even look at him yet. 

 

   "So... my dear husband. I don't see you for weeks. I barely spend more than one day with you during that time and when you get back... you decide to spend that time with Cho instead of me? In a dark office nonetheless? What the fuck is going on here?" She said with an unsettling calmness. 

 

    He said nothing. 

 

    "SPEAK!" She yelled, unsilencing him with another wandless outburst. 

 

   "Nothing... I've just been working..." he said rubbing the back of his neck with his palm. 

 

    "Just been working..." she repeated with a mocking tone. "So what? You don't love me anymore? Now that we're bonded, you're finally able to move on? Is that why you wanted it so badly?" 

 

    "No it's not like that Hermione..." he said as he tried to reach out for her. She recoiled as he neared. 

 

     "Then you better tell me what it's like... Draco... because I'm about two seconds away from walking out that door." She said, inching away from him still and searching his eyes for an answer hidden beneath their shields. 

 

    Draco huffed and moved out of the closet to sit on the bed with his head in his hands. Unclenching just shoulders slightly as he took a deep breath. 

 

    "What aren't you telling me... THE TRUTH THIS TIME!!" She ordered. 

 

    "I ... left you alone on purpose..." he finally ground out, staring at the floor in front of him as he picked at a bit of dead skin on his usually perfectly manicured hands.

 

    Her stomach dropped and she felt tears prickling and pushing to escape as she desperately tried to hold it together. 

 

    "I thought that our soulbond would lose its intensity after we were married... at least for me..." he sighed, looking up at her. "When it didn't, I thought maybe... space would. It was excruciating for me but you seemed... unaffected, as usual. When I got back... I just couldn't see you yet... I was scared of what I would do, I felt like I would fall to a thousand pieces if I saw you and you looked unbothered by the same thing that was killing me, so I told Cho I wanted to check something with the sand curse before going to the party... to avoid it."

 

    "Well... I suppose another lie is nothing is it?" She spat as she walked back into the closet and began to pack an overnight bag.

 

    "What are you talking about?" He stood abruptly and rushed over to her, grabbing her small wrist in his hand and staring into her chocolate eyes. 

 

      She tried to ignore the insistence of the bond to touch him more... it had been a month since they had made any sort of contact. His warm hand against her skin sent jolts of electricity winding through her veins. 

 

     "Well... you could have told me that delaying the marriage would cause the bond to intensify, but instead you decided to lie about it... NOW WE ARE BOTH STUCK LIKE THS..." she yelled, hardly aware of her own words anymore, slicing into him like a piercing blade. 

 

    "Stuck... like what?" He whispered, gripping her arm tighter, feeling the pull of her soul reeling him in. 

 

     "Stuck.... stuck being obsessed with each other. I can't focus at work... I barely sleep, eat or think of anything but you... this is absolute torture. And you leaving me like that..." she croaked. "That is what hell must be like, watching you come out of that secluded room with Cho, I nearly snapped her neck at the thought of her touching you."

 

     "Nothing happened in that room." He said sincerely. "I didn't know you were feeling this way... why didn't you tell me? I thought you were fine like you always are." He stared at a spot on the ground and tormented himself with the thought of causing her the same pain he was feeling.

 

     "Well you were wrong weren't you..." she said with a final glare before wrenching her arm away and heading down the stairs. 

 

     "Hermione... please don't leave. I'm sorry okay? We can work this out." 

 

      "You know what?" She said motioning with her finger between them. "I don't think this will work out... not when you are constantly playing me like this, lying to me like this... wasn't it you that said you wanted to be able to tell each other everything? Well, look at us now. What a load of SHITE." She cried as she headed down the stairs and towards the door.

 

    But before she could reach for the floo powder, Draco apparated behind her and yanked her away from the fireplace, holding on to her like she was a lifeline, burying his face into her shoulder.

 

    Tears soaked her shirt as he trembled underneath her. "Don't go. I'll die if you leave now. You can't leave!" 

 

    "Why not," she said, finally relinquishing the tears she had been holding on to. "You did." 

 

    She tried to fight against him as she cried but he couldn't let her go. He wouldn't let her go.

 

   His grip on her was starting to make her lose her resolve, his emotion was leaking into her body and she could feel his despair, his regret and his agony. 

 

     Along with it all, she could also feel that his intentions had been pure, despite the very nasty way he had gone about it... but she still needed to hear the apology. 

 

    "Why did you do it? Why??" She demanded.

 

    "I didn't want to, but Theo thought it would be best if I did... after I told him it hadn't gone away... my... obsession with you. He was scared for me, and you."

 

     "Theo??" She said in shock as her head began to reel.

 

    It had seemed like the brunette knew something that she didn't over the past few weeks. But why would he do this to her? He was one of her closest friends now, or so she thought.  

 

    "I'm so sorry for hiding things from you... and I am so sorry for leaving you. I will use the cloak and come with you to work if you ask me... I can't stay away from you anymore. I can't pretend I don't love you as much as I do to keep some semblance of a level playing field."

 

    She out the betrayal she felt from Theo out of her mind for a moment as she absorbed Draco's words. "I can't either." She said, finally letting her bag drop from her shoulder and laying her head against his chest as they both slumped to the floor, exhausted.

 

    "I'm annoyed at you for lying about the soulbond though." She growled into his shirt, while simultaneously smelling his scent and feeling his warmth soak into her.

 

    "Everything would have been so much easier if you had said yes the first time in the hospital wing..." he sighed. "I've just gone about everything the wrong way." 

 

    "Look Draco... there's something I never told you....  about when you asked me to marry you the first time." 

 

    He looked down at her curiously and gave her a nod to go ahead. 

 

    "I had been thinking about it already..." she said quietly. 

 

     Draco stared at her in disbelief but still kept his vice grip on her waist, refusing to let go. "You had?"

 

 "I had... I had daydreamed of you, getting on one knee and asking me to marry you, probably weeks before you actually asked— but the second you said it... all I saw were my mom and dad... their faces. Knowing that they wouldn't be there... made it all feel so wrong." 

 

     "You wanted your parents to be there..." he breathed, realization hitting him finally.  

 

      "I guess I felt like I just needed more time to, make peace with the fact they never would be..." she tried not to cry but the feel of him holding her like this wasn't helping, a sob escaped her before she could stop it.

 

      "Oh, my love..." Draco said. Wrapping her in a warm embrace and hauling her off to the bedroom in his arms. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that alone, I don't know why I didn't think of it... I was just so focused on us."

 

      "That's what I've realized lately though... I'm not alone, I have my friends and I also have you. You may think I have it all together outwardly Draco but I need you... always. Even when I don't show it. If you ever leave me again I'm going to have even worse abandonment issues than I already do..."

 

     "I can't do it again... I can't keep separating myself from you. It hurts too much." He said against her mouth, lowering her to the bed gently. The excruciating pain of their distance finally ebbed with the reassurance of their connection. 

 

     They both looked at each other, realizing at the same moment that they hadn't embraced like this in quite some time— and the familiar feeling they shared returned like a calming heat to frozen skin. 

 

     "I missed you Draco, I need my husband now, not a shadow of one." She said as she stroked his face with the back of her hand.

 

      He then vanished her jeans and jumper, feeling her skin against his as they connected themselves once more. She wrapped her legs and arms around him tightly as he sank into her... finally. He held her close as he thrust himself in and out as if he couldn't believe she was there, as if he knew now what it was to lose her. 

 

     "I think I love you too much Hermione." He said brokenly. "You have the power to destroy me entirely if you wanted to."

 

      "I can't destroy you without destroying myself." She whispered as she pulled him into her again, trying to feel his entire body against hers at once. 

 

      "You are so fucking beautiful." He whispered as he continued to fuck her with a month's worth of passion he had been holding out on. 

 

   •

 

     Finally, it was time for the bachelorette party... even in between the relentless sex Hermione and Draco and embarked on, she had still managed to plan and execute her duties to the 'T'.

 

     Ginny Weasley had chosen the right woman for the job when she picked Hermione to be her Maid of Honour. 

 

    They were all gearing up for the night in Hermione's decked-out loft while Draco and Theo went with the rest of the boys to Harry's party. 

 

    Luna, Daphne, Angelina, Fleur, Dyani and Annie were all there too,  to celebrate their red-headed friends' last night of freedom before she finally became Mrs. Chosen one. 

 

    It had started with shots in little rude-shaped glasses with a delicious yet disgusting-looking white liquid inside. Then they had moved on to the pecker-shaped piñatas that they had ultimately destroyed—war heroines could not be trusted with piñatas— Then finally Hermione wrangled them in for the big event. 

 

     "Okay, it's time to move into phase two!" Hermione shouted as she took a little Ginny-shaped stuffed voodoo doll from her pocket. 

 

     "Shots first! Then phase two!" Ginny screamed! Then a hex caught her in the arse.

 

      "No!! I'm in charge and it's time for phase two!!" Hermione said crossly. "We are going to PARIS, so hold on to the portkey because we leave in 5..4..3..2...ONE!!"

 

     "PARIS!!! Oh gods I can't wait! You are the best Hermione!!" Yelled Ginny as she flung her hand towards the doll enthusiastically.

 

     All the girls held tight as they were thrust into the streets of Paris in a dark alleyway so that no muggles would see them- the cobblestone ground making Daphne trip in her 5-inch heels. 

 

     Hermione and Annie guided the drunken ladies through the city and to a nightclub downtown that was pumping music loudly as the lineup bobbed along to the beat.

 

     "Hello... we have a reservation for the... Otter party..." Hermione giggled with Annie as they addressed the bouncer.

 

      "Otter? We don't see anything under Otter here..." the man said with confusion as he checked his list. 

 

      "Did you check with the Otter bouncer?" Ginny giggled from behind them as the man rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

 

       "Okay, the joke didn't work... Fleur?" Hermione said as she nodded for the girl to come forward. The blond was the backup plan if they couldn't get in right away because Hermione had literally thought of everything. 

 

      The girl winked back and walked toward the man, flashing him her winning Veela smile, saying nothing but 'Hello'. 

 

    The man didn't stand a chance. within a second, he was in the shackles of her beauty and practically pushing the group of girls into the door with no hesitation, uttering apologies for not letting them in sooner. 

 

    "Merci!" Fleur said as she flipped her sleek blonde ponytail to the side, brushing past him. 

 

    "I wish I had beauty as a superpower..." Annie said shaking her head as they walked hand in hand to the dance floor. 

 

     "LET'S DANCE!!" Ginny yelled as she flew towards the dance floor. Jumping on Fleur's back and riding her like a prized horse.

 

     "Get ovvv you little frog!!" Fleur said in annoyance as Ginny drunkenly bounced on her with her arms waving in the air. 

 

    "You are stuck with me now dear sister-in-law!" Ginny laughed evilly as she threw a hand up in the air and began to chant the muggle song at the top of her lungs. 

 

      The witches let loose, danced with strangers and drank copious amounts of tequila as the night progressed...

 

     Ginny and Luna had made friends with a few attractive muggle men and Ginny was having a blast challenging them to shot contests, then hexing them with her wand to make them choke before they could beat her. Luna was a kind soul but she couldn't help but giggle at the confounded looks upon the men's faces as they coughed whiskey out of their noses. 

 

    Hermione shook her head at the scene. She wasn't surprised by Ginny's antics in the slightest. 

 

    She slowly drifted to the private bar back behind the DJ booth where it was a bit quieter and ordered a drink as she slumped tiredly against the wood. 

 

    She sighed as she stared at the bright orange cocktail she had ordered, feeling that incredible emptiness that now accompanied her spending even one night away from her soulmate. She had tried to drown it out but needed a moment to recover from her efforts. 

 

    Then a very muscular and pretentious french man with a popped collar and sunglasses walked up to her and asked her if she wanted to dance.

 

    "Sure... why not?" She said as she let him lead her out to the dance floor, welcoming the distraction, even if his glasses were completely ridiculous. 

 

    They danced to the music, and he pulled out some very athletic dance moves— huffing around like he was the coolest person in the club. She giggled as he put on his little show and found some entertainment in the fool in front of her. 

 

    When she eventually grew bored of the man though, she tried to evade his grasp and started to walk away into the crowd. But before she could, he grabbed her a little too closely and began to grope her thigh a little too far up...

 

  "Stop..." She warned dangerously as the man continued to smile with a conceited smirk.

 

  "But you are enjoying no?" He said with his suave French accent, trying to grip her waist. 

 

  "You have three seconds," Hermione said as she glared at him with her famous look of a thousand daggers. 

 

   "So you don't like to dance?" The man continued... not taking the hint.

 

     "Three...." Hermione said darkly as she flung her elbow into his solar plexus, rendering him speechless for a moment. She could still take a man... the magical way or the muggle way. 

 

  "Okee! Okee, don't be a beetch!" The man said with a wheeze as she smirked at his crumpled torso that he was clutching.

 

    "Have a great night." She said sarcastically as she slinked off. Feeling rather satisfied with her work. 

 

    She made her way back toward the quiet bar she had been to before, noticing someone else was there now also... she slipped into a spot beside the man as she went to order another drink from the bartender. 

 

   "So darling... how is your night going?" The voice said from beside her.

 

    She didn't look up, but ordered her drink and began to sip it as she faced him— looking him up and down. "Hmm... it will be better if you tell me your name stud." She said flirtatiously, looking up at an obviously polyjuiced Draco. 

 

    He had chosen a darkly tanned man with light brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. The clothing was still a dead give away though to his pureblood Wizard heritage. 

 

    "Seriously?" He said, obviously panicking when he thought she didn't recognize him. 

 

    "Seriously!" you're the best offer I've had all night. One request though...." she said leaning towards his ear and placing a hand on his chest. "Don't tell my husband."

 

    "Oh, you're married?" He raised a brow in question, still uncertain of their game at that moment.

 

   "Not when I'm out of town..." she said as she grazed her lips against his collarbone. 

 

   "Okay you better be joking now or I'm going to lose my mind." Draco skulked as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. 

 

    "I would know who you were even if you were disguised as Filch himself..." she chuckled, biting her lip to stifle her laughter. 

 

   "You really had me going there for a second." Draco breathed as he wrapped his arms around her and swayed to the music. "I wasn't sure who I was going to take it out on... I nearly punched myself in the face."

 

    Suddenly they heard a gasp from behind them. 

 

   "Ermione??" Fleur said aghast as she walked toward the bar. "Vat are you doeeeng!!!" She cried as she saw the Golden Girl wrapped in someone else's arms.

 

    "Don't tell her." Draco chuckled into her ear. "Make something up."

 

   "Fleur don't worry! Draco and I have an understanding." She said winking at the girl with a cheeky grin.

 

    "You gave me a fright!" Fleur said, hand over her chest. "What is your name? Will you join uz?" 

 

    "The name is... Anton..." he said awkwardly, clearly forgetting to create an alias. 

 

    "Anton?" Hermione giggled into her hand as she looked up at him. 

 

    "Well... beware er boyfriend, ee is very jealous," Fleur said with a laugh as she drunkenly took a sip of her bright pink martini. 

 

     Draco tensed and wrapped an arm around Hermione's waist. "Yes, he ezz." He whispered into Hermione's ear dangerously. 

 

    "There you guys are!! Hermione who is your friend?" Ginny giggled as she came up. "Wait a damn minute... HERMIONE BROKE THE RULES!!! HERMIONE BROKE THE RULES!!!" 

 

   "What are you talking about Ginny!!" Hermione said as she tried to wave the girl off.

 

    "Don't try and tell me that is not Draco glued to your hip this very second... he could be spying on us for the boys!!" Ginny yelled as she smacked him silly with her tiny purse.

 

    "Well as it turns out Weasley..." Draco said with a smirk. "That's exactly what I'm doing, now turn around and say hi to your fiancée." 

 

     Ginny whipped around in time for Harry to lug her off her feet and haul her to the dance floor— Benny, Ron, Dean, Seamus, George, Bill and Charlie behind him. 

 

    "How did you know where we were by the way?" Hermione asked Draco as she realized her girl's night was officially under mutiny. 

 

     "You would be surprised the lengths someone would go to make sure you couldn't hide for the night," Draco said possessively as he wrapped his arms around her. "Plus Ronald's bogus plans fell through, so I merely suggested we crash your party instead. Not a single person objected." 

 

    "You are dreadful... and I love you for it." She said as he kissed her hand. "What was the polyjuice potion for then?"  

 

     "Oh... I'm not technically allowed to leave the country without consent from the Ministry, but this man." He said pointing to his face. "He can."

 

     Hermione chuckled and shook her head as she saw George walking toward them, eyes glued to a particularly pretty former Slytherin. 

 

    "Hi, Daphne..." George said with a mischievous smile as the tall witch walked by.

 

    "George..." she said curtly as she brushed past him to the dance floor with a French bloke clinging to her arm.

 

    "What did you do?" Hermione said, glowering at the Weasley. 

 

     George shrugged with a wink and followed Daphne to the dance floor, receiving a glare from her as he dummy drool hexed the man she was dancing with. 

 

     "He hasn't asked her to marry him yet," Draco whispered as she watched the two fight.

 

     "They have only been together for two months..." she said incredulously. 

 

     "Don't you just love Purebloods..." Draco laughed as he reached for her finger and stroked the ring she had glamoured to only be seen by the two of them.

 

     "They grow on you." She giggled as she watched Harry spin his drunken red-headed bride round and round. 

 

     "Now that all your friends are distracted..." Draco said wickedly before hauling Hermione off to the exit. "I'm going to show you something else that will 'grow on you'." 

 

   •

 

    Once the crowd had thinned out and the lights came back on, Draco reluctantly let Hermione go so that the girls could port-key back to Hermione's flat from Paris, he would be close by on the sixth floor at Theo's for the night.

 

   Hermione was still not talking to Theo after his duplicitous act a few weeks back and was glad he had not been at the club with them earlier. She put this out of her mind though as she span through the air with the port- key and her friends. 

 

   Once they got back into the door, the girls gazed at the change of scene Hermione had magicked. 

 

   She had set up her tent in the middle of the living room so that all the girls could sleep there, slumber party style. Blue lights were floating around the space in a relaxing monotonous motion as ambient music set the tone and soft fur lined the large bed inside the fairy-lit tent. 

 

    "This eez making me sleepy!" Said Fleur with a yawn as she dipped into the tent and slumped into the soft surface. 

 

    •

 

    Fleur, Daphne and Dyani fell asleep quickly but Ginny, Annie, Luna and Hermione continued to pass the bottle in the blue glow as early morning came.

 

   "Ginny? Weirdest place you had sex!" Annie garbled as she passed the whiskey to her.

 

    "Gods I'm not telling you..." Ginny scoffed as she swigged the bottle.

 

    "Come on! You must!" Luna said with her doe eyes glazed over from the alcohol.

 

    "Fine! Fine...in the showers in the quidditch pitch changing room...." Ginny finally admitted. "Your turn Annie... you and Dean, where did you do it..." She said eying her cousin with a dread one could only feel imagining one's cousin and an ex-boyfriend doing it. 

 

    "Okay!" She said bracing herself. "We did it in Greenhouse 4.... right next to the devil snare... we may have used it to get a little kinky... you know with the tightening of the roots and the...." 

 

   "Okaaaaay! I definitely need a drink now!" Ginny laughed as she passed the bottle to Luna. "Your turn!" She said. 

 

    "I had a magnificent time in the astronomy tower under a blood moon... it enhances orgasms. Did you know?" Luna said dreamily as she took a dainty sip from the bottle. "Your turn Hermione."

 

    "I didn't do it anywhere interesting..." Hermione lied as she took a swig.

 

    "Tsk Tsk. Too bad I spiked the whiskey with revealio pops... you should feel the need, to tell the truth in a moment here..." Ginny said tapping her pocket, making a crunching sound from the empty WWW product wrapper.

 

    Hermione blanched as she felt the need to reveal her secrets to her friends... it was coming, but she was fighting it, which she knew was a big mistake when it started to spill. "Professor Slughorns desk, the library, the shrieking shack and the Gryffindor common room— both of them." 

 

    She blushed furiously as her eyes met Ginny's.... and then they all burst out laughing, obviously shocked by her sudden admittance.

 

    "Of course you did it in the library— you kinky little bookworm. Gods you two are crazy, I love it..." Ginny said, impressed by her formerly prudish friend.

 

    "Okay, that's enough of that Ginny..." Hermione said quickly. "I am turning the torch over to old responsible Hermione and insisting we go to bed so that you don't look like ghoul tomorrow for your wedding. Off to bed!!" 

 

   She snapped her fingers as she corralled the witches into the tent, giving them a few different potions Daphne had recommended to make sure they weren't haggard the next day.  

 

   Then she gave them large waters and tucked them in before laying down herself and trying to sleep finally.

Notes:

Sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter... that was wicked of me.

Chapter 12: Orphans

Summary:

Hermione and Theo have a conversation. Then a secret of the soulbond is revealed.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  Hermione awoke in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep. 

 

  A few of the girls were snoring— especially Ginny —making her feel restless and claustrophobic in the tent. 

 

  She needed fresh air. 

 

  It was four in the morning and the temperature was delightfully warm, so she decided to go for a little early morning swim under the stars. 

 

  She headed down the stairs to the pool, the moonlight shining down through the open ceiling. 

 

    Once she was by the lawn chairs, she put her towel off to the side and nearly got halfway into the water when she saw Theo watching her from the corner of the pool, hidden in the shadows. 

 

    Her surprise quickly spun into anger when she remembered how vexed she was with him still. She made a huffy noise and stuck her nose up— planning to leave immediately and head back to her apartment when...

 

    "Wait, Hermione!" Theo said grabbing her by the ankle, she tried to kick him away but he held on desperately— forcing her to look at him.

 

    "Why?" She ground out. 

 

    "Because I owe you an apology..." he said looking up at her with his classic puppy dog eyes. 

 

    "Oh really... why now, two weeks later?" She snapped, trying to get her ankle out of his hand but he still didn't let go. 

 

     "Can you please just sit down before you break my bloody heart princess?" Theo whined. 

 

   She considered hexing him for a long second before finally deciding to do as he asked. "You have 2 minutes..." she glowered, sitting down against the lip of the pool. She raised her eyebrows in annoyance, daring him to go ahead. 

 

   "Look... I didn't mean to hurt you, first and foremost, I would never hurt you on purpose because I respect you too much for that shite. It's just.... well I've been going through this whole dramatic soulbond thing with Draco from the very beginning Hermione... and as much as you don't like to be handled, sometimes you need to be."

 

    "Handled..." she echoed with disdain painting her face. 

 

    "Look... I've seen the two of you together okay? He has always felt the bond much harder than you have, it has hurt him more at times too and I've been way more concerned for him as it's become more intense.... that's why..." 

 

    He hung his head down and let go of her ankle finally, his curly hair falling over his eyes. 

 

    "That's why, when Draco told me that his soulbond didn't lose its intensity after the wedding, I told him to leave you for a few weeks to see if it helped him at all. He didn't want to at first, but I convinced him..."

 

     Hermione let out a sob and turned her head away from him, trying to hide the betrayal etched on her face. 

 

   "So when he was back in town... you knew and didn't tell me? Even when you knew I was hurting without him?" 

 

     "I tried to cheer you up, but at that point, I could see that I had made a grave mistake... I realized maybe I was wrong about the way you had been feeling. Maybe you do love him almost as much as he loves you. And I'm... I'm sorry..."

 

     "You're sorry? You're fucking sorry?" She said as she pointed her wand at him. "Do you have any idea what it felt like to lose Draco for an entire month after we were married? This is supposed to be the happiest time in one's marriage and I thought we were getting a divorce two weeks ago." She shouted. "And you are wrong by the way..." 

 

      Theo didn't even flinch at her pointing her wand in his face and this made her feel a twinge of guilt like he was used to this kind of treatment— so she lowered it. 

 

     "Wrong about what?" He asked as he watched her put her wand away. 

 

     "I think.... sometimes I love him more..." she cried as she dipped into the pool, rinsing the salt water off her face. Splashing Theo with water while she did it. It was meant to be intimidating but it made him chuckle a little bit, breaking a chunk of ice off of the glacier they had between them at this moment. 

 

     "Nobody loves anybody... as much as Draco loves you, Hermione," Theo said quietly as he rested against the wall. "Do you know how hard it is to watch you two when I'm as miserable and single as I am?" 

 

    "Is that why you hate me then? For being happy?" She sobbed, wiping away the tears with her wet hand as she looked up at him sadly.

 

    Theo groaned and dipped his head back dramatically before swimming over to her and wrapping her in a large Theo- y hug. "I could never hate you, sweetheart, we're part of the orphan club... we have to stick together— be each other's family." 

 

    "Then maybe you can tell ME once in a while when Draco's going through something... you two may be best friends. But orphan club trumps all else." She smiled with a slight annoyance as she pinched his nose. "Or better yet, tell him to tell me his problems. ESPECIALLY when they directly involve me..." 

 

    "Deal..." he said sheepishly. "Just know that I care for you and didn't mean to hurt you by sending him away..."

 

    "Just... why did you think his leaving would help anything?" She bit as she splashed him again. Harder this time- aiming for those sparkling blue eyes. 

 

    "It's the way he watches you, Hermione, it would make any person nervous... any normal person that is. I'm beginning to think maybe you like the way he watches you though." He winked. 

 

     He then ducked into the water and began doing some kind of synchronized swimming with his hairy legs sticking out of the water as Hermione shook her head and tried to knock his legs over. 

 

    She pinned him under the water with her feet as she stood on top of him. 

 

    She hadn't realized how much the fight with Theo had taken out of her, she was glad it was over for the most part, but she was also sort of glad to watch him struggle to breathe a little under her in the water. She smiled evilly before finally letting him come up, gasping for air. 

 

      He shook the water out of his hair like a dog before grinning and wiping the water out of his eyes. 

 

     "Now are we even?" He smiled as he pulled her in for another hug. 

 

     "Not even close..." she said with a grin as she wrapped her arms around him. 

 

     "Okay... then you know I could have gotten out of the water at any point right? You are like fighting a small child." He chuckled. 

 

     "You see... it's not about the strength, it's about the power. You have officially given me permission to drown you if I please, which is just as valuable." She said as she gave him a formidable look. 

 

     "Wow, the Gryffindor princess turns Slytherin." He laughed. "Don't think it will work if you try it again though." 

 

     "Don't think I won't use wandless magic on you next time." She sniffed as she dove into the water. 

 

     They floated around in the pool for a little while longer as they talked things out more thoroughly. 

 

     She set a few boundaries and gave him a list of rules that he would not be breaking unless he wanted to be drowned for real.

 

     Once that was over and done with, they both relaxed into a lighter conversation. 

 

    He had still made zero progress with Angelina, for the woman had a very strong personality and caused Theo to make a total fool of himself when he tried to impress her during their limited interactions. 

 

    He was convinced though that he was completely in love with her and had many Slytherin plans to try and get his foot in the door with the feisty witch. 

 

     Once they had discussed Angelina at length— Hermione offering her friendly advice to the mix— the theme slowly drifted back to the night of the gala again. 

 

    "By the way... what was up with Draco's boss on 'St. Pottersday?" Theo asked. "He is completely creepy towards you." 

 

    "You have no idea... we've had a couple of strange interactions that I haven't been sure what to make of at this point..." she said thoughtfully. "He asked me if I was looking for any bad situations in the department of mysteries when I got lost down there... I don't know if he followed me or not, and to be honest, I haven't given it much thought since then."

 

     "That is a very obvious innuendo," Theo said, giving her a worried brow.

 

     "He also seemed to want me to catch Draco and Cho alone in one of the rooms together- the bond could have led me to him anyways I figure, but it is a coincidence that Damian happened to run into me right there." 

 

     "Are you on a first name Basis with the bloke?" Theo asked curiously. 

 

     "He's not my boss... I would even take  Mackenzie over that wanker. She's been a lot nicer lately though. 

 

     "How bizarre..." Theo said cheekily.

 

    "What else would it be?" She said suspiciously, taking a sip from the whiskey in her purse, before passing it to Theo.

 

     Theo took a large sip and then put the bottle down thoughtfully. 

 

    "Is that... whiskey with a hit of revealio pop?" Theo mused as he put the whiskey down. "Gods dammit Hermione, you're such a bloody Slytherin now!"  

 

     "Yes... now tell me what you did...." Hermione glared at him, her eyes like fire in the moonlight. 

 

    "Mmmmmmmm...." he panicked trying to stop himself. But it was useless, you could only use revealio pops with friends... the better the friend, the more compelled the secret was to reveal itself, and despite their argument. Hermione and Theo were pretty good friends. 

 

  "IsentloveletterstoyourbosswithGeorge!" He said quickly, trying to get it out as fast as he could so that maybe she would miss it. It was sneaky but it didn't work. 

 

   "You.... you what???" Hermione glared at him, trying to wrap her head around what she had just heard. 

 

   "Rosalind Mackenzie is in a relationship... with a man she has never met... who is actually me." He said, bracing himself for the attack that was sure to come. 

 

    "Theo..." she whined as she punched his arm as hard as she could manage. "What is going to happen when she finds out??!" She slapped at him again, causing him to duck under the water and swim away, but she sent a stinging hex into the water, driving him out.

 

    "Ahhhh!!! Okay okay! I didn't think that far ahead!" He cried out, holding his buttocks. 

 

    "You didn't think AT ALL!!" She shouted, aiming her wand at his pretty brown locks and planning to set the tendrils aflame. 

 

    "What on earth are you two doing down here!!" Hermione saw Draco coming out of Theo's apartment. His voice echoing down from the 6th floor. 

 

    He apperated down and came over to the edge of the pool yawning as he sleepily ran a hand through his hair.

 

    "Why are you two shouting? At least use a silencing charm... wait... are you two finally speaking then?" He said with a lopsided grin. 

 

    "That is yet to be determined..." Hermione grumbled.

 

    "Isn't he just so adorable when he's sleepy!" Theo deflected as he swam up to the edge and flicked Draco with some water. 

 

    "Nice.... don't even try and change the subject, Mr. Nott." Hermione glared. "Theo has been sending love letters to Rosalind Mackenzie... he's basically in a relationship with her right now."

 

    "Seriously Theo?..." Draco said with a huff. 

 

     He then looked Hermione up and down with a smirk like he hadn't seen her in days. He lowered his hand to her cheek. 

 

    "Did you miss me? Is that why you could sleep?" Draco said as he bent down to swipe a thumb across her wet skin. 

 

    "Yes... can I sleep in the second bedroom with you at Theo's?" She said yawning as she made her way out of the pool. 

 

    "Nope! I have slept alone almost every night for a month and a half since you kicked me out! We are having a classic sleepover like we used to!" Theo pouted as he glared at them. 

 

    "Fine! But only because I feel bad for you because you're an orphan..." Hermione said with amusement. 

 

    "I'll take it!" Theo shrugged. 

 

    "I just want to go to sleep and get this wedding over with tomorrow!" Draco said impatiently. "Come on let's dry you off and get you to bed." 

 

  •

 

   Hermione woke up feeling groggy, but content. It was 8 in the morning so she knew the girls would still be sleeping, so she could sneak in and make breakfast.

 

   She gave Draco one last extended hug as she soaked him in, knowing it would be a few hours until she got her fill again, then she kissed Theo on the cheek, tucking them both in before making her exit towards the door. 

 

   When she looked back, she saw Draco's eyebrows furrowing as he felt the presence of her soul disappear from him once again. She felt bad knowing that he would wake up without her. It was not a great feeling. 

 

    Despite this, she tiptoed back up the stairs to her apartment and was surprised to find the smell of bacon wafting out from the door as she walked in. 

 

    Molly Weasley looked up from her place with Kreature in the kitchen and winked at her cheekily— reminding her of George —as she flipped a pancake. 

 

    "Hello, Molly!!" Hermione said, giving the woman a big hug and looking around. "What can I help you with?" 

 

    "Why don't you pull out some pitchers for grapefruit juice or... pepper up potion. It smells like whiskey breath in here..." Molly said with a hint of disapproval as she eyed the tent suspiciously. 

 

     "Yes, I can do that..." Hermione trailed off. 

 

     "Where were you?" Molly asked without looking up from her wandless whisking.

 

     "Erm... Draco and I have a hard time being separate... and Theo has a hard time being alone at all... so we slept there." Hermione laughed.

 

    Just then Luna came out of the tent holding Bijou in her arms, smiling sleepily as she came around and hugged Molly. 

 

    "Hello, little Luna!" Molly said to the witch before she refocused on Hermione. "What do you mean you have a hard time being separate?" 

 

    "Erm.... well. Draco's kind of..." Hermione stuttered.

 

    "They are soulmates, Molly," Luna said seriously as she floated a blueberry into her mouth. 

 

    "You are? Why didn't you say anything? When is the wedding!" Molly said with shock as she looked at Hermione. 

 

     "Do you still turn him down, Hermione?" Luna asked with a hint of worry. Even though Luna now lived with Benny in the north, they still sent letters back and forth every week. 

 

   "No, I finally gave in to the silly man. We are setting the date for somewhere around December..." the golden girl flushed under the gaze of Molly. "It's not a big deal..."

 

     "You realize Arthur and I are soulmates dear?" Said Molly knowingly. "I know how... tough the bond can be sometimes..." 

 

      "My parents were too..." Luna said quietly.

 

    "If I tell you two something do you promise to keep it a secret?" Hermione said casting a muffliato spell around them. 

 

     The two witches nodded and Molly continued to whisk her batter as she watched Hermione without blinking. 

 

     "Okay... Draco and I married in secret... to satiate the bond. The wedding in December will just be for our friends...."

 

     "How long did you wait to marry after... consummating the bond?" Molly asked her with a look underneath her red lashes. 

 

     "Nearly four months..." 

 

     "Wow...." Luna said, widening her eyes at the bacon as she contemplated this. "I've heard it can intensify substantially after even a couple of months, you two must have been in serious trouble."

 

     "Oh believe me it did... it still does..." Hermione said quietly but not quietly enough for Molly to miss it. 

 

     "My parents consummated after marrying and didn't find it overwhelming at all." Said Luna thoughtfully. 

 

     "Still struggling against it?" Molly Weasley said with a cheeky smile as she looked at Hermione.

 

     "Yes... we're not sure what to do at this point." Hermione said taking a sip of her pepper up. She didn't know why she was telling them this, maybe it was the revealio pop still coursing through her system... or maybe it just felt good to talk about it finally, with someone who understood for once. 

 

     "Children... lots and lots of children. That's what the soulbond demands..." 

 

     Hermione spat out her juice as her eyes bulged and she stared at Molly. "Not yet!! I'm not ready for that yet!!" She squeaked. 

 

    "Then Good luck to you! It's going to be a hell of a ride." Molly chuckled as she finally undid the muffliato spell and banged on a pot to wake the other girls. 

 

   "UP YOU GET! BREAKFAST IS READY!"

 

   Hermione drowned everything out as she sat and thought about what Molly had just said. 

 

   Children? The soulbond wanted children? If Draco already knew this and didn't tell her she was going to break his nose again.

Notes:

Loved writing this scene between Theo and Hermione. I really hope you liked it!

Chapter 13: Another Potter

Summary:

Harry and Ginnys wedding.

Notes:

I'm bad at Hagrid, so do not make fun of me!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

     "Ginny... I remember during my fifth year when I was going through the worst time of my life, I felt so completely alone. None of my friends could understand what I was going through, but you did. You also had walked Voldemort's twisted mind and made it your business to remind me- and chastise me for forgetting. I knew then and there that I wasn't alone, and that I was totally and utterly in love with you and always would be. You have shown me what strength is, you have followed me into battle, you have taught me what it is to be a family and I will always love you for that. You are fierce, loyal, strong and everything I want in a partner. I know I can do anything as long as you are with me now. I love you, Ginny Weasley"

 

    Harry's speech had caused Ginny to cry beneath her veil but she reigned it in and slipped a finger under her eye before clutching his hand tightly again. 

 

     "Harry... I loved you the moment I met you, even when I didn't know what love meant yet. From when you saved me from the Chamber of secrets my first year, to when we fought in battle the battle of Hogwarts together. I knew there was no one else. Call it fate, call it luck... I feel so blessed to have you in my arms at the end of every night. I want to have a family with you, I want to grow old with you, and only you and always you. I love you, Harry Potter!" 

 

    Molly's garbled sobs echoed amidst the weepy crowd as the two young lovers made their vows and said I do. Officially bound by their magical cores. 

 

    As soon as Harry lifted the veil over his new wife's head, Ginny thrust her arms around his neck and kissed him wholeheartedly in front of the mass of friends and family, laughing as he nearly toppled over with her force. 

 

    Hermione smiled at Ron's slightly disgusted face as they finally began to walk down the aisle and through to the other tent where the cocktails were being served on the borrow lawn. 

 

   Hermione walked with Ron as she followed the newlyweds, patting his hand gently as the realization finally seemed to hit him that his best friend was now his brother-in-law. 

 

   •

 

   The cocktails made their entrance, whimsically twisting and turning in two magical lines, winding their way into hands left and right. 

 

    Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny had a toast off to the side by themselves before they emerged themselves into the crowd that was eager to congratulate the new couple...

 

    Hagrid came first, knocking a few old wizards off their feet accidentally before blubbering to Harry. 

 

  "Ye were just a baby but a minute ago! Now yer married!!" Hagrid couldn't even manage a few words after that because he had broken out into sobs and wrapped Harry up in a bone-crunching hug that had lifted the groom straight off the ground! 

 

  He finally put him down after a moment when Harry tapped him on the shoulder to signal his distress, then pulled out a frilly pink handkerchief to blow his enormous nose with. 

 

   Hermione's heart melted at the scene and she came over to Hagrid with a large snifter of brandy and hugged him as well. 

 

  "Yer next aren't ye?" He blubbered as she comfortingly patted his tweed coat and nodded her head with a smile. 

 

  "I memb'r when that Malfoy was nothi'n but a school bully... tell em I won't forget it if he ever treats ye badly!" Hagrid wailed as he buried her in his long beard. 

 

  "I promise I will take care of her Sir." Draco's voice came from beside them suddenly. Not that Hermione could see him underneath the ocean of brown crunchy hair. 

 

  Hagrid gave the former Slytherin a stern glance as he extended a hand out to him, leaving the other one on Hermione's shoulder protectively. 

 

 "I'll memb'r tha... if ye e'ver go back on it, I have a whole herd a magical creatures I can feed ye to!" He said with a tangled brow raising to his hairline. 

 

  "If that day ever comes I will go without a fuss." Her husband said with a small smile. 

 

   "A'right then... I'll leave ye kids to it." Hagrid said with one more pat to Hermione's back, causing her to jut foreword into Draco.

 

 "Hopefully not the Hippogriff." Draco laughed as he wrapped a finger into one of Hermione's loose tendrils.

 

  "Buckbeak was a lovely creature!" Hermione defended. "Fluffy on the other hand..." 

 

 "Well hello, you two!" Arthur said as he came through the crowd to greet them. "Enjoying the wedding so far Draco?" 

 

   "It's beautiful but not as beautiful as the bride!" Draco said politely as he shook the wizard's hand. 

 

  "There's someone I've been meaning to introduce you to!" Arthur said taking a step back for a very familiar-looking witch. 

 

  "Hello Draco dear! I am your aunt Andromeda, and this is your little cousin Teddy." She said as she held a baby in her arms. 

 

   Arthur winked at Hermione as he turned to join his wife in the distance. 

 

  "Andromeda?" Draco whispered with shock as his face scanned hers. She looked like a mix of her two sisters—Narcissa and Bellatrix. "Sorry, you just look..."

 

 "Like your mother and aunt? A very common reaction to be sure. I am sorry it's taken me this long to meet you, but quite a few circumstances were prohibiting me from doing so." The witch said as she glanced down at the little one who was staring at Draco with an expression far too complex for a baby. 

 

   Then the child's mousey brown hair began to transform from tip to root into sleek platinum blonde finery- causing Hermione to gasp. 

 

  "He has his mother's gift!" She cooed as she lifted a finger for the little man to grab at.

 

  "... and when he does that, it means he likes you!" Andromeda said with a wink to her nephew. "Anyway, I think it's time to put someone down for his nap! I hope to catch up with you later! Ta Ta!"

 

   She turned and walked out of the tent while Draco stared after her. "Well... that was unexpected..." he said quietly as he grasped for Hermione's hand and laid a quick kiss on her knuckles. 

 

   "Yes. Your cousin is quite handsome as well!" She smiled as she watched him slowly turn his gaze back to her. 

 

  "What can I say... Malfoys have excellent genes." He smirked as he encircled her in his arms, leaning a kiss against her cheek. 

 

  "About that." She said apprehensively as she caressed his soft fabric. "There's something I need to..." but she was cut off by a red-faced Molly Weasley, telling her that it was time for the pictures. 

 

 "Talk about it later?" He smirked. 

 

   She nodded as she was hauled away to join the wedding party. 

 

    

 

   "Ginny... my favourite witch on this earth! I am so glad you made this happen, or else Harry would have died of unrequited love. I remember listening to him rant about you over and over, but he was just... so bad with women!" 

 

    The crowd laughed and Harry buried his head into Ginny's shoulder as his face reddened.

 

    "It took a woman like you... to turn him into the man we now see today. You and you alone are the only one I would trust with my best friend's heart and vice versa. I love you both so much and wish you very the happiest of marriages!" Hermione said with her champagne flute raised in the air. "To Ginny and Harry!" 

 

    The crowd raised their glasses and cheered as they finally got off their feet, stuffed from their meals and wobbled to the outskirts of the tent to witness the father-daughter dance. 

 

   Arthur took his daughter to the middle of the dance floor and held her close as the music began to play. Ginny still looked like a little girl when she was pressed against her father's chest like that and Hermione's heart clenched painfully in her rib cage as she watched them. 

 

   She could feel a burning sensation in her eyes that threatened to turn to tears, so she excused herself and walked out of the tent and into the fresh summer air at the back of the burrow. 

 

   Taking a few deep breaths she tilted her head back and looked up at the stars, trying to forget everything for a moment and become one with the night. 

 

   "Hey." Said Draco from behind her. 

 

    She turned her head to him and became slightly breathless at the picture in front of her.

 

   Teddy Lupin was fast asleep in Draco's arms as he held him close. 

 

    "I was sitting with Andromeda at dinner and she said I could take him for a little bit if I wanted to." He said smiling down at the baby. "It was an offer I couldn't refuse, I have to admit he's pretty adorable."

 

   Hermione's troubles were suddenly wiped away as she walked closer to them. 

 

    "Do you mind?" She asked.

 

    "Of course not." He murmured as he lifted the little bundle into her arms. She looked down at Teddy and gave a deep sigh as she watched him sleep peacefully.

 

     "I know why you are out here..." he said as he went behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder, hands over her stomach. 

 

    "Do you think anyone else noticed?" She asked nervously. 

 

     "I saw Harry watching you go... chances are, he's feeling similarly to how you are right now. I bet he wishes his parents were here too." He sighed as he stroked the baby's face with his finger. 

 

    "Why can't I just be happy for Ginny and feel sad during a more appropriate moment?" She said as her chin trembled slightly.

 

   "We can't control how we feel, can we? Or else you would have hexed me to Jupiter 1000 times already I reckon." He chuckled. 

 

    "Me? I would never." She said sarcastically as she hoisted the baby to rest against her chest. 

 

     "Of course not darling, that would be very out of character wouldn't it." 

 

     She turned around to face him and noticed he was watching her with an unfamiliar expression.

 

  "What is it?" She said curiously.

 

  "Nothing... you look good like that is all." He said with uncharacteristic shyness. He then deflected, running his hand through his shiny hair. "You look good in your dress too... but you always look good..."

 

   She giggled and walked closer to him, Teddy still resting there against her chest.

 

   "It's good to know I can still make my husband nervous." She whispered into his ear as she kissed him and began walking back to the tent. 

 

    "Hey... where are you going with Teddy! My 10 minutes is not up yet!" Draco yelled back at her. 

 

   •

 

    Once the massive, leaning cake had been cut and devoured and the Weasley Wizard Wheezes firework display had ended. It was officially time to send Harry and Ginny off. 

 

   Hermione hugged her best friends quickly as to not make them tardy for their Port-key trip and then backed away into the edges of the crowd to stand with Draco and Theo. 

 

    "You okay sweetheart?" Theo said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. 

 

   "I will be... but first I need to get really, really drunk." She sighed. 

 

   "Gullyfizz?" He said whipping out a flask.

 

    "Please." She grunted as she took the flask and poured it down her throat. 

 

    "Anything for Orphan club." He chuckled as he kissed the top of her head.

 

    "Please don't use the 'O' word tonight... or I am going to lose it." She mumbled, taking another big sip as she watched Arthur and Molly holding each other. 

 

    "How about something stronger then?" he said finding yet another flask in his pants and handing it off.

 

     "What is this now?" She asked curiously.

 

    "Neville doesn't just brew polyjuice anymore. Turns out he has a knack for brewing rather strong spirits as well..." said Theo cheekily.

 

    Draco grabbed the flask from her hands quickly at Theo's words and sniffed it suspiciously. "There's no way I'm letting her drink that... I've seen Neville in potions class before don't forget. 

 

    "Let's just cross our wands and hope that Pansy helped him out then... or I am a dead man walking." Theo snickered. 

 

    •

 

     As the crowd died down, only the closest friends and family remained under the fairy-lit tents in the yard. 

 

     Draco was sipping firewhiskey with Arthur as the man went on and on about a strange muggle creation called a 'rubber duck'.

 

      He was trying hard to pay attention but struggling to understand the use of such a strange thing, or why it was relevant enough to bring up right now. 

 

     Finally, the conversation began to steer away from muggle inventions and into a more significant one. 

 

   "So... seems you two have the same problem that Molly and I did back in the day," Arthur said with a knowing glance.

 

    "Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to?" Said Draco.

 

    "Molly told me that you and Hermione are soulmates... and that you were married in secret to quell the bond a tad. But you were... unsuccessful?" He said with raised brows. 

 

    "Oh... Erm, we wanted to get married anyways but yes, it certainly made it a more pressing matter." Draco shrugged as he leaned back and watched his wife. She was on the other side of the tent with Annie and Luna, laughing at something. The way she tilted her head back and pressed her hands against her chest when she felt laughed always calmed him. 

 

   "Yes... then I gather Hermione already told you what Molly recommended?" 

 

   "What is that?" Draco said, hardly paying attention as he glanced at her again. 

 

    "Children..." Arthur said as he took a gulp of brandy and leaned back into the chair with an arm over the back. "That's the only thing that did it for us."

 

    "Wait what?" Draco said suddenly as he snapped out of it and looked at the man.

 

    "Children... the bond is eased with children," Arthur repeated. 

 

     "And Hermione knows this?" He asked. 

 

    "Molly told her just this morning. But you didn't hear it from me!" He winked. 

 

    Then Arthur wobbled slightly as he got up from his chair and made his way over to his wife, who was swaying slightly on her stool and lecturing George about the appropriate place to use fireworks. 

 

   So the bond wanted children... no wonder there were so many Weasleys. 

 

   He wondered why they had had so many children if it actually was effective in lessening the bond... but knew better than to ask.

 

  

 

   Hermione teetered over to Draco after an hour or so and wrapped her arms around him, dramatically sighing into his chest. 

 

   "I think I'm drunk... I sure hope nobody takes advantage of me tonight..." she whispered into his ear as she nibbled at his lobe, her leg slightly giving out and causing her to flail. 

 

   "I don't know if you could handle it tonight Mrs. Malfoy." He murmured, as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. 

 

    "Why not? I am perfectly capable of performing the most sacred act of intercourse at present." She said pompously, tugging at his tie to bring him closer. 

 

    "Well then... you better say goodbye to your friends before I drag you by your hair to the floo."

Notes:

This reminds me of when my friends mother with four kids tried to give me advice on birth control 💀...

Chapter 14: Sir (Explicit)

Summary:

Um. I was going to write a little smut... and then it turned into 3000 words. Sooo... smut chapter!

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  

    "Well, well, well... if it isn't Mrs. Granger." Draco mocked as they walked into the living room from the green flames. 

 

    She rolled her eyes, then smirked up at him biting her nails as she attempted to get into character. 

 

    "Yes..." she said woodenly. "I... forgot to ask a question about the potions project earlier and thought I would ask you... at your house..." she giggled as she struggled to invent a back story. It didn't help that she was still rather tipsy from the wedding. 

 

   "Well alright then." He said, feigning annoyance. 

 

    He strode over to the couch and sent his formal coat to the rack with a wave of his wand, then slowly undid his cuff links before rolling his sleeves up to his forearms, his very muscular forearms. 

 

   Hermione bit her lip hard as she watched him glare at her disdainfully, with his legs spread wide and hair artfully dishevelled from dancing and drinking. His pants were not doing an acceptable job at hiding his length beneath their fabric either, causing her to stare. 

 

    Transfiguring his tie into a glass, he got the fire whiskey from the cupboard to fly over to him wandlessly and pour himself a hearty glass before taking a sip, watching her over the lip. 

 

    "There's one little rule I have in my house, Granger." He said with a husky voice. 

 

    "What might that be, Professor?" She asked. 

 

     "Only good girls allowed, you must do as I say, understand?" 

 

    "I understand Sir." 

 

    "Get undressed for me now." He ordered. 

 

     His grey eyes were spreading warmth throughout her nether regions as they lazily looked her up and down. 

 

      She pretended to be nervous and looked down at her dress, trying to assume the role of a confused schoolgirl. "I think I need help... the buttons are on the back and... I've forgotten the spell." She whispered. 

 

    "... Typical Granger..." he said, lifting himself off the couch and walking over to her with a perilous look. "Does anything I teach you stick?"

 

    Draco went behind her and ran his hands across her shoulders delicately until he grasped for the first button. He moved unnecessarily slow as he slipped a forefinger against her skin, making his way button by button down to her sacrum. 

 

    Once it was undone, she felt his fingers glide back up to her shoulders and under her dress to pull it down, off her arms and down past her knees. 

 

    "These are new..." he said as he looked down at her lacy navy bra and panty set. "Are they for me?" 

 

     His mouth let out a warm huff against her back as he gently caressed the line of her underwear with his rough forefinger, leaving goosebumps everywhere he went. 

 

   "Am I dressed appropriately n-now?" She asked as she trembled slightly from his hand rising up her spine. 

 

   Draco grabbed her hair and wrapped it around his fist, tilting her head back. "Did I say you could speak witch?" He glowered at her. 

 

   "DID I?" He yelled once he had her pinned against him. 

 

   "I was just asking a q..." she tried to say, but his hand other hand had slithered over her mouth tightly, disabling her from speaking. 

 

   "You ask far too many questions little girl..." he said as he forced her to the stairs. "Maybe if you listened better, you wouldn't need to ask so many." 

 

   As they walked up the stairs with his hand still in her hair, Hermione wondered what exactly Draco had in store for her tonight, they had done a lot of dirty things... but not everything. 

 

   She grew excited as he forcibly walked her up the stairs, whispering nasty things all the way up. 

 

   He finally let her go, then sat on the edge of the bed, beckoning her forward to sit on his lap. She pretended to hesitate for a moment before doing as he said. 

 

   Once she was there, sitting on him with her bum against his hardness, he began to caress her skin. 

 

    Not going in for the kill right away, he languorously felt her skin, working his way with his long fingertips down her shoulders, to her arms then across her bare stomach. 

 

   She shivered in delight under his familiar touch as he kissed her back and neck, leaving steamy wet thoughts to run around in her head. 

 

    Once he was satisfied, he lifted his hands to her breasts and massaged them roughly as he hardened even more beneath her. He pinched at her nipples causing her to wince slightly as they peaked into his rolling fingers. 

 

   "Tell me your mine..." he growled into her ear, dipping his fingers into the front of her bra to grasp at the bare flesh of her breast. 

 

    "I'm... yours, to do whatever you want to." She gasped as he licked his thumb and ran it over her nipples, causing her to roll her hips against him again, feeling it aching for her. 

 

   "Can I please touch it?" She begged, trying to reach behind her and feel him through his trousers. 

 

   "Eager are we?" He whispered, slipping a hand down the front of her panties and rubbing her through the fabric. 

 

    She whined as he began to slowly circle her clit, too slowly to satisfy. "Please, Sir!"

 

    "You are a greedy little schoolgirl aren't you? Unfortunately for you, I am the one in charge here and you will do as I say... now keep still." 

 

    He continued his agonizing ministrations as she trembled on his lap, hoping that if she rubbed herself against him enough, that he would eventually give in to her.... but he didn't.

 

    She was starting to reach insanity until he finally got her to stand up and face him. He looked completely unbothered— much to her dissatisfaction— as he looked her flushed body up and down before motioning for her to remove her clothes. 

 

    It was one of his favourite power plays to be completely clothed whilst she was vulnerable and naked... but she quite enjoyed it. His fine fabrics always felt so soft and sensual against her skin.

 

    She removed her bra first, as annoyingly slow as she could, trying to set him off — not that it was working— and then pinched her own nipple to gauge his reaction. 

 

    Nothing nothing nothing. He was giving her nothing as he sat with his hands holding him up, watching her with a raised brow. His expression was totally unreadable. 

 

   "I have to use the washroom..." she said, trying to use this again to gain an ounce of control.

 

   "Don't lie... that won't work this time, now I believe you were about to remove your knickers... carry on." He said as he summoned his whiskey. 

 

    She stood there with crossed arms for a moment, trying to set him off, but he just slipped at the burning liquid. His expression darkened, but patient. 

 

    With a defiant huff, she finally wrenched her panties down to her ankles and stood up to stare him down. "Okay, now what?"

 

    "Turn around and bend over." He said with an evil gleam in his eyes. 

 

     "And if I don't want to?" She questioned. 

 

    "Well then I could make you I suppose... but it will go easier for both of us if you do as I say." He chuckled menacingly, making sure she knew who was boss. "Now, bend over." 

 

    She scoffed but finally did as she was told, revealing herself to him as he eyed her up. 

 

    "Touch yourself." He challenged, as she looked at him from between her legs. 

 

    With one hand on the floor, she managed to snake a hand up to her apex, rubbing herself in front of him as he observed her with a curious look on his face. The position was a strain, but she was managing to derive some pleasure from the discomfort. 

 

    She was wondering what exactly he was going to do and how long he would ask her to do this for when he vanished his drink and got down on his knees behind her. 

 

    He ran his hands all over her back and cheeks as he watched her continue to feel herself, eyes flashing with lust in the darkness.

 

    "Keep touching yourself..." he said as his breath tingled against her sex ominously. 

 

     His tongue glided along one cheek as he branded her with his saliva, leaving a cold trail from her thigh to back, then he mirrored his actions on the other side. 

 

     She couldn't see what he was doing, so she was rather surprised when she felt a wet warmth find its way to her little hole in the back. 

 

    "What are you doing Sir!" She cried as he dug his tongue in a little further. 

 

     "Preparing you, little witch." He said matter-of-factly. "Your tight little hole has been begging me to fuck it for quite some time and tonight I'm finally going to oblige." 

 

     Her head whirled as she felt his thumb enter her slowly and cautiously. Letting her sphincter adjust to the feeling of something bigger. 

 

     After pumping her in and out for a little while longer, he helped her up and leaned her onto the bed with her legs over the edge. 

 

     "I want to taste that sweet cunt first though." He whispered as he latched on and began sucking her nub. 

 

    He wrapped his legs around her thighs so that they were forced over his shoulders and licked at her center, from her vagina to her clit painfully slow again. 

 

   She knew he wouldn't let her orgasm right now, it was part of his game tonight, so she gripped at the sheets and took what she could get, groaning whilst his tongue glided over her caverns— she felt like an ice cream cone that he was licking only enough to keep it from melting. 

 

   "Sir! Please, let me come!" She sighed as she clenched her jaw in frustration. 

 

    Draco smirked and then sucked her hard, causing her back to arch and her thighs to clench, only stopping when she was nearly at her peak. 

 

    "You haven't earned it yet. Now I want you in the shower, go wait for me in there." He said as he got out from between her legs, helping her off the bed. 

 

     "Fine..." she said brashly as she marched off to the bathroom, slamming the door. Wasn't sex supposed to make you less horny? It was the complete opposite right now. 

 

  She figured he would take his time to keep her on her toes for a minute or two while she waited for him, so she sat on the counter and tried to get herself off as quickly as she could to scorn him. He wouldn't even know if she managed it in time.

 

     She sighed with her back against the mirror as she felt herself begin to peak once again. 

 

    Almost there... almost...

 

   'BANG'

 

    The door flew off its hinges— a classic Draco move— and her husband stood angrily at the door, arse naked and glaring at her.

 

    He barreled in and strode over to her, grasping her wrist and looking into her eyes.

 

    "I never said you were allowed to do that..." he sneered as she looked guilty up at him. "Did you cum?" 

 

     She turned her head away from him and crossed her arms but he wrenched her from the sink and pressed a hand against her neck so that she was pinned to the wall. 

 

    "DID YOU CUM?" He shouted as she smiled defiantly. 

 

     "No sir..." 

 

    "Good, now get into the shower, as I told you to in the first place." He said, landing a palm on her arse. 

 

     "Fine..." she said defiantly as she slowly walked over. 

 

    She got into the warm steamy shower with an annoyed Draco behind her, and let the water run over her hair.

 

     "Are you going to be a good girl for me now?" He said seriously as he grabbed her chin to force her to look into his eyes.

 

    "Yes... I'll be good." She whispered. 

 

    He looked suspiciously at her for a moment and then dipped his head down to kiss her, wrapping her into a tight embrace that made her feel loved and possessed all at once. 

 

    Her hand slipped down and caressed his large member, causing him to moan into her mouth before she let him go and looked up at him with her glistening skin. 

 

    "Take me..." she murmured as she turned around and plastered her hands against the tile with a nervous smile. 

 

      Draco smirked as he heaped himself and then rubbed his head through her lubricated folds, running it against her clit again lazily before popping it gently into the first ring of her back door. 

 

     "Ow!" She whined as she adjusted to the size difference. 

 

     He murmured reassurances into her ear as he pushed lightly again, further and further, until her hands were clenched into fists against the wall. 

 

    "Good girl, you're being such a good girl... you are mine, Hermione. All mine." He panted as she felt him use all his strength to not push too hard. "Does that feel okay?"

 

    "It doesn't feel normal... but it's okay..." she winced, as he slowly pulled back again, before pushing it in once more. She was grateful he was going easy on her. 

 

    "Move your leg up." He groaned sensually. 

 

    She did as she was told while he slowly and carefully pulled in and out a few more times. She didn't love it but she liked the way it was turning him on... until Draco put his fingers on her clit...

 

    That was when everything changed. Suddenly, the pain turned to pleasure in an instant and she was screaming his name while the water poured over them. 

 

    "Fuck Mr. Malfoy!! Yes yes yes!!!" She cried as her forehead met with the tile to join her hands.

 

     She could hear Draco yelling her name behind her as he thrust in with more vigour, losing himself to the tight hole that he was finally taking. 

 

    "Fuck you're such a dirty girl... such a good girl!" He shouted as he began to pull in and out a little bit harder. 

 

      He kept up a perfect pace on Hermione's clit and she began to feel two rising points of pleasure inside her. One where Draco was fondling and one that his cock was thrusting against. 

 

    "I... I think I'm going to cum!!" She whined as his other hand wrapped around her waist firmly, holding her against him as he lost himself.

 

    "I am too... let's cum together Granger!" 

 

     The way his voice lingered and his finger pads rubbed at her pearl finally sent her over the edge and she could feel her hole tighten around his penis as he trembled violently and squished her against the wall, convulsing as they found their release together. 

 

   Okay... she definitely liked that... 

 

  He held her like that for a moment, whispering incoherently into her ear before pulling himself out of her with care.

 

 

   After a while, he took the shower gel and began to clean her. He lathered every inch and crevasse gently, then washed it away with the water before kissing her again, his tongue demanding entry against hers as he encircled her in his arms. 

 

   "You were very good..." he whispered with his forehead pressed against hers. 

 

    "Did I please you, Mr. Malfoy?" She murmured as she nuzzled her nose against his.

 

   "Yes... Mr. Malfoy is very pleased and feeling rather generous this evening." He said with a grin. 

 

   He carried her out of the shower and towel dried her from hair to feet before wrapping her around his waist and taking her to bed again.

 

    "My mouth is jealous of my cock right now for getting you off, Mrs. Granger. So it wants to have a turn." He said as he got under the covers and lowered himself in betwixt her legs once more.

 

   She moaned in pleasure as he began slowly lapping at her damp skin from under the sheets. Blood rushed down to her cunt while his tastebuds glided up and down over her sensitive skin. Still taking his time while he worshipped her body. 

 

    "Professor... you are insatiable." She sighed as she ran her fingers against her nipples.

 

     "You are an addictive substance, one I don't want the antidote for just yet." He sighed against her thighs as he kissed them and then returned to the centre. 

 

     He licked slowly up and down and up and down before suckling against her clit with his tongue making frantic side-to-side motions as he went.

 

    "Ughhh... don't stop. That's it! Right there!" She whined.

 

    Her back arched again as he continued his ministrations, feeling his tongue wriggling against her expertly. 

 

    "Cum for me Granger! I need it! Cum for me!" He growled as he finally brought her to completion, causing her to scream out in ecstasy. 

 

     Her chest heaved and she stared down at his smug face as he came out from underneath the covers to entrap her in his arms once more. 

 

     "Can I have my husband back now Mr. Malfoy?" She said as he kissed her passionately. 

 

  "I'm right here darling... I'm right here for you." He cooed as he bent down to kiss her neck.

Notes:

Well, hopefully the next chapter will have some more plot... just couldn’t get my mind out of the gutter today.

Chapter 15: Field Day (Explicit)

Summary:

Draco and Hermione finally make an announcement. Then it’s her first day in the field.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  

    Hermione awoke late in the morning to see that her husband was still fast asleep. She kissed him gently before getting out of bed, throwing on her favourite black pixies T-shirt and heading to the kitchen. 

 

    She began making eggs and bacon while putting on some tea for her and Draco, skimming the headlines of witch weekly as she sipped some orange juice. 

 

    When she tried to sit down, however, she winced in pain and remembered her rather thorough introduction into anal sex the night before. 

 

   "Fuck..." she whispered as she stood up again, deciding that leaning was the better option.

 

    She heard a small chuckle from the stairs and looked up to see Draco watching her in amusement. 

 

    "Think it's funny do you?" She scoffed as she went to tend to her nearly finished poached eggs.

 

     "Of course not love..." he winked as he walked over to the potion cabinet.

 

     He then came around the kitchen island to stand behind her and wrapped his arms around his witch from behind, pressing a kiss to the back of her head. 

 

   "Take this... it will help." He said as he poured a pain potion into her orange juice.

 

    She gave him a cheeky glance as she took the juice and sipped it, looking him up and down from his artfully messy bed head to his loose grey sweatpants. 

 

    It seemed he was doing the same thing while his eyes grazed her legs and breasts while summoning plates for their breakfast. 

 

    "Do you know what day it is today?" He asked as he sat down at the island, reaching for her hand. 

 

     "Of course..." she sighed as she rested a hand into his and sat on his lap, giving him a lazy kiss. 

 

    "Now the whole world will know you belong to me." He whispered as he wrapped one arm around her and took a sip of his tea.

 

    They had been waiting to announce their engagement and send out the 'save the dates' for after the Potter wedding. There was a whole pile of letters, already addressed and ready to be dispersed waiting in their office. 

 

    "I'm not sure if I should be more concerned with my fans or yours..." she giggled as she thought of the many love letters he had received after his declaration of love for her back in school. 

 

    "Well I'm sure Rosalind Mackenzie won't be any easier on you now..." he said as he fed Hermione a piece of toast.

 

     Suddenly Ollie jumped up onto the counter, sailed over to the plate of bacon, grasped two pieces in his fangs and ran off to join Bijou on their cat bed, offering her one. 

 

   "I would get mad at him, but it is so sweet that he's sharing..." Hermione cooed as Draco gave Ollie a warning glance. 

 

    "By the way Hermione... is there anything about yesterday that you may have forgot to mention?" He said with his head resting against her arm. "Something about a soulbond.. and copious amounts of children?"

 

     "... okay... who told you?" She sighed as she pushed off his lap and back to the pot for more tea. 

 

    "We're you planning on keeping it from me?" He asked with a patronizing voice, annoying her slightly. 

 

    "No... 'I' would never do that...." she said giving him a look that could kill. 

 

    "Hey... I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious." He chuckled as her hackles went back down. 

 

    "I was about to mention it to you yesterday but was hauled off by Molly Weasley instead. After that, I suppose I was waiting for this morning but since you brought it up first, now is the best time to discuss it." She sighed leaning against the fridge. "Thing is Draco... I don't care that the soulbond makes me feel like this. In fact, some days I rather enjoy it... maybe that makes me selfish but I'm not ready to have children yet..." 

 

    Draco put down his mug and walked up to her, leaning in with his hand placed beside her head. "And I... dear wife... am not ready to share you with anyone yet..." he said as he wrapped a hand behind her neck and pulled her in to kiss him. 

 

    She sighed into his lips and jumped on him so that her legs were wrapped around his waist while she tangled her hands into his hair. He walked her over to the couch as he cradled her and sat down so that she was resting in his lap. 

 

    "Is that why you turned to mush when you saw me with Teddy last night?" He moaned as her tongue ran against his neck.

 

   "You were the mush.... you!!" She insisted as she ran her hands down his chest and into his sweatpants.

 

    He scoffed at her but it turned into a strangled groan as she sank down on top of him, engulfing him with her soft wet pussy. 

 

    "Okay fine... I was the mush... I was... FUCK HERMIONE! Ugh." He cried as she picked up the pace and grasped the leather behind his head to pull herself harder onto him.

 

     "I can't wait to marry you again!" He gasped as she rapidly descended on him over and over.  

 

   He ripped off her shirt and buried his head into her chest, laving at her nipple with his tongue as he began to feel the eruption about to go off. 

 

     She wasn't there yet though, so he positioned her off of him and told her to bend over and rest her hands on the floor. 

 

    "Not this again!" She whined as she looked at him with annoyance.

 

    "Just do it..." he laughed as she bent over reluctantly. 

 

   He then picked her legs up from behind and wrapped them around his waist, plowing into her with only her hands touching the floor. 

 

    "Yes! That feels so good Draco!!" She screamed as he supported her thighs with his muscular arms. 

 

    She took it even further when she reached between them and gently rolled his balls in her hand, now only on one hand as she managed the action. 

 

   "Auror training has strengthened you darling. We may be able to try some new things now that you have some muscle." He said as he stared  between her legs. "But you're going to have to stop doing that amazing thing with your hand unless you want me to cum in two seconds...." 

 

    "I'm going to cum too!" She moaned wantonly. 

 

    "I want to watch your face when you cum for me!" He grunted as he put her legs down and moved her on the couch to face him, losing himself inside her entrance. 

 

    "GODS YESSS!" She screamed as he hit that spot inside her that was like a quick release button. 

 

    "I picked the right goddam husband... fuck..." she said as the vein in her temple throbbed. 

 

   "The stars picked him for you!" He said against her lips as he spilled everything inside of her, jolting with the waves of pleasure as if he was being electrocuted. 

 

    "The stars couldn't have possibly planned all of this... we have to give ourselves some credit here..." she giggled as she threw her shirt back on and walked over to the kitchen to eat a piece of bacon. 

 

    "Okay... so the stars helped me get my foot in the door, but I ran with it... how does that sound?" He asked as he followed behind her. 

 

   'TAP' 

 

    The couple looked over to the window to see many pairs of eyes staring back at them. The mass of owls they had ordered arrived, meaning it was time to officially send their wedding invites out. 

 

 ——

 

   The Malfoy Wedding

         Save the Date

             Dec. 12

 

 —-

 

   • The next day •

 

   Draco and Hermione entered the ministry hand in hand through the floo and were suddenly bombarded with witches and wizards of all shapes and sizes, along with the press who were shadowed by Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. 

 

   This had been planned afterKingsley had asked them if they would do him this small favour to "give the press what they want and then they will leave us alone"

 

   In actuality though, Draco and Hermione were pawns in Shacklebolt's plans to make it seem like he had bridged the gap between muggle-borns and purebloods- even though it had nothing to do with him. 

 

   So there they stood, smiling like idiots for the cameras as they were asked question after question. 

 

   "Ms. Granger? Will you take the Malfoy name?" 

 

    "Mr. Malfoy? Does your pure blood mother agree with the union?"

 

    "Is it true you have soulbond?" 

 

     Hermione whipped her head around at the last question and realized she was looking at Katya— Theo's ex-girlfriend." And stared at her incredulously.

 

     The whole crowd quieted as they stared at the interaction closely. Waiting for Hermione's answer. 

 

    "Umm... no... that's not true..." Hermione blurted out defensively as she started walking out of the crowd, dragging Draco along with her. 

 

    "Okay! That's enough with the questions!" Kingsley ordered as the two disappeared into the elevators and left the crowd to talk amongst themselves. 

 

     "Well... that's definitely out now. You could have lied a little more convincingly darling..." Draco said as he followed her to the elevators. 

 

      "I was caught off guard... with the question and with the return of Katya. Does Theo know she is back in town?" Hermione asked him, avoiding the stares of everyone in the elevator.

 

    "Definitely not..." he murmured. "He would have mentioned it, he hasn't seen her since school ended and I think it still bothers him, even if he doesn't say anything." 

 

     "She knows a lot about us, Draco," Hermione said after casting a strong muffliato. "And now she is working with the press? I have a bad feeling about this..." she sighed, leaning her head against his shoulder. 

 

    "We can get through anything love... we will figure it out..." he said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. 

 

   

 

     "Okay team, today we move out into the real world. When I say real, I don't mean the love life of you or any of your friends— but the world of petty crime and monotonous calls. I want no distractions today, and nobody does anything without my say-so!" Mackenzie said as she brought them to what looked like a dark waiting room in the department. A large crystal orb was located in the middle of the room on a pedestal surrounded by chairs, tables and a desk. "When this orb goes red, an image will appear inside with a location and description that we will then investigate."

 

   Another female auror entered as Ron went I've to tap the orb curiosity.

 

    "This is Auror Jacobs, she is my partner when I'm on duty and will be the one to assist me if anything goes array. Remember that you are only here to watch today... meaning don't touch or even look at anything without my permission! Including that orb Mr. Weasley!!" She shouted as Ron quickly retracted his fingers and shoved them in his pocket sheepishly. 

 

   She glared at him for a long moment and then droned on again. "Now, go wait over there while we wait for a call." She ordered as she went to chat with her partner on the other side of the room. 

 

   Ron, Dean and Hermione slumped down against the chairs, Harry was still on his honeymoon and wouldn't be back until next week but Hermione was planning on giving him a detailed play-by-play of the session, so he wouldn't miss anything. Dean had clearly partied the night before and leaned into the chair, letting his eyes close and head loll. 

 

   "So, you finally sent out your save the dates I see?" Said Ron as he pinched Hermione's cheek. "Which one of us are you picking to be your best man?" 

 

   "Definitely Ginny!" She laughed, looking at her best friend with a smile. "But you both have to be my bridesmaids."

 

    "Obviously!" Ron said as he looked over at Auror Mackenzie, who was having a serious conversation with her partner. 

 

    "Hey, want to try out George's new product?" He said pulling out what looked like a little black speck from inside of a napkin.

 

    "Oh no...  what is it this time?" She said as she rolled her eyes and put out her hand. 

 

    "Remember the extendable ears? He decided they needed a more discreet product, so he invented nosy noiseless gnats to replace them." 

 

    "And you want to use them now?" Hermione laughed. 

 

    "Why not? Let's try it out on Mackenzie and see what that old bat says about us.

 

    Hermione glanced over to her boss— who was paying them no mind— and then back at Ron with a wicked grin. "Let's do it"

 

    Ron then pulled out two invisible earpieces and stuck one harshly in her ear before putting one in his. 

 

    "Ow Ron!" She laughed as Dean looked over at them curiously. 

 

    "What are you two doing!" He whispered. 

 

     "Nothing, go back to sleep!" Said Ron as he flicked the black speck into the air. 

 

     The 'Gnat' floated with the dust moats over to Mackenzie and her partner before sticking on the wall next to their heads. It was dark enough in the room that one could only see it if they were looking. 

 

    Ron and Hermione's glanced at each other as the quiet conversation became louder and louder...

 

   "...trust me... if you think you have it bad with your trainees, you don't know what it's like working with the Golden Trio. I thought they would be smarter, cleverer than the rest but they are just kids, running around with wands at this point." Mackenzie ranted.

 

   "I doubt they are worse than mine..." Jacobs said. "The other day... I leg locked Patil so hard, she face-planted into the floor. She saw the curse coming and just sat there like a deer in headlights... we have been training for weeks now, just... no instincts. She's going to make an excellent receptionist one day." 

 

   "I have the same plans for Granger... She can barely take any instruction, she does the opposite of what she's told and she's in the paper every other day... I told Kingsley the Trio would be a risk, but he insisted he had everything under control... whatever that means..." she said sulkily. 

 

   "Oh! How are things going with your mystery man by the way?" Said Jacobs excitedly.

 

   "He still hasn't revealed himself... I promised him I would wait but I'm getting tired of that. I can probably track the owl that sends his letters somehow though, find out who he is that way..."

 

   Hermione stiffened slightly... causing Ron to glance sideways at her suspiciously. 

 

    "Who do you think it is?" Jacobs asked.

 

    "I don't know... at first I thought maybe it was Draco Malfoy when he said he couldn't reveal himself... but he said it definitely wasn't and that he was pretty sure Malfoy was gay..." She said with a giggle. "I mean, dating the Golden Girl would be a great cover if you didn't want that to get out..." 

 

   Hermione sighed and closed her eyes as she rubbed her hands together, wondering how Theo could be so incredibly stupid... 

 

   Then the orb finally glowed red, signalling for their departure 

 

   •

 

   "What was that all about?" Said Ron as they apperated to a small house on the outskirts of town.

 

    "Nothing..." she mumbled unconvincingly. 

 

    "We are going for drinks after work... I will get it out of you one way or the other!" Her best friend said as they looked at the scene. 

 

    They were at a house that had been anonymously called on for the harbouring of an illegal dragon egg. 

 

    Mackenzie motioned for them to follow her and Jacobs after they had cast anti disapperation wards and then they walked through the front door, wands raised.

 

    She cast a strong silencing charm over the group as she checked the front room while Jacobs cautiously entered the kitchen. Then they told the trainees to wait there as they slowly crept up the stairs and out of sight. 

 

    "She just wants us to stand here?" Dean muttered as he crossed the room and sat in an armchair and laid his head back again lazily. 

 

    Suddenly a big crash sounded from upstairs and a stout little Wizard barrelled down the stairs, nobody following behind him. 

 

    Hermione  tried to block the man who was holding a large egg in his hands before he transfigured himself into a bowling ball. He rolled past her down the hall as she tried to avoid him, causing her to drop her wand, then popped back into human form and began running out the door. 

 

    "Let's go, Ron!" She cried as she hurdled after the smuggler... picking up her wand and chasing after him. 

 

    "Mackenzie said not to!" Ron shouted at her as she pushed out the door and into the street.

 

     She ignored him and ran after the Wizard, sending hexes and jinx's towards him which he managed to avoid by running in a zig zag. 

 

     Suddenly Hermione was on the ground in a full body bind and saw that Jacobs was infront of the man- pointing her wand at his chest. 

 

      "I said don't touch anything!!" Mackenzie shouted as she ran up from behind, catching the man with a spinning net curse. 

 

  •

 

   Hermione was lectured endlessly by her boss.   

 

   The woman called her insolent, vile, inattentive and disobedient while circling her like a vulture in her office.

 

   "Brightest witch of her age... can't even take a fucking order..." Mackenzie finally finished, sitting at her desk and glaring at her from overtop her conjoined fingers. "If you ever do that again... I will make sure you never see the field again, EVER! You realize you could have got in the way and caused the man to escape? You are under my orders and you will obey my orders! Understand? Or do I need to write it down for you?" 

 

   "I understand..." Hermione said with as little emotion as she could to stop herself from crying. 

 

    "You're dismissed..." the little witch said as she waved her hand and went back to her paperwork angrily.

 

    Hermione left the office, feeling a little shaky as she walked out to the hall. 

 

   Ron was waiting for her with his arms crossed and a leg up against the green tile. 

 

   "Are you okay?" He asked as he grasped her hand and looked at her with his friendly blue eyes. 

 

    She looked up at him, feeling the tears about to spill over. "About that drink..." 

 

    He wrapped her in a bear hug and patted her back comfortingly. "Want to go find a random bar in muggle London?" 

 

    "Yes, yes I do!" She said as she wiped her eyes dry with the back of her hand.

Notes:

I’m starting to feel Hermione and Mackenzie have taken over the Harry and Snape dynamic... I’m into it.

Thanks to everyone who is still reading!! Love you guys!

Chapter 16: Cat-Fished

Summary:

Ron and Hermione get drunk at a muggle pub. Then Draco had to comfort a crying Hermione and Theo.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  "So Theo wrote the letters to Mackenzie? That bloody lunatic!" Ron smiled appreciatively as he sipped his stout. 

 

  "Think it's funny do you..." she glared as she watched the foam from the beer stick to his upper lip. "What about when she finds out who sent them... she knows that Theo and I are both close with Draco and it will cause massive problems. Who knows, she might even kick me off the team." 

 

  "She can't actually track the owl though can she?"

 

   "She might..." Hermione said, worrying her lip. "Ugh... this is bad."

 

    She then slowly turned to looked up at Ron, seeing that he was about to lose, then lost it herself. They simultaneously burst out into fits of laughter... causing the muggle bartender to eye them wearily, wondering if he should cut them off.

 

   "Is Mackenzie so daft that she actually started a relationship with someone she's never met before?" Ron guffawed.

 

   "I could kill Theo..." she snickered. "But her mood drastically improved with the letters, she only insults me 10 times a day rather than 50 now." She said wiping her eyes.

 

  "It's laughable that she thought the letters were from Draco though. I could practically hear Theo through her words. The part where he called Draco gay was my favourite. Blaise would have been all over that years ago if that were the case."

 

  "And possibly Theo too," Ron said lifting his glass to hers. "Everyone this year is up to no good I tell ye... there's something in the air." 

 

  "A bunch of restless war veterans... unleashed upon the wizarding world... with far too many resources." She giggled. 

 

   "By the way Hermione..." Ron said seriously. "that Wayguard fella was watchin' you closely when we headed out the door... what's with that?" 

 

   "I have no idea..." she replied honestly. 

 

   "He gives me the creeps he does..." Ron said as he watched her apprehensively. "Harry and I were watching the way he was talking to you in the cafe and at The Pottersday party..."

 

   "Ya... he's said some interesting things, that's for sure." She said contemplatively.

 

   "What things?" He said, furrowing his eyebrows and putting his drink on the bar to give her his full attention. 

 

    "Just... never mind it's not important."

 

    "It's important to me Hermione!" He said, putting a large hand on her arm and forcing her to look at him. "Tell me what he said."

 

    She sighed in reluctance, then told him the story of him finding her down in the department of mysteries and his little comments. She didn't feel like it was anything she couldn't handle but Ron's face was one of shock and horror. 

 

    "He seriously asked you if you were looking for trouble... oh I really don't like him now," He said, his face growing red. "He's messing with the wrong bunch I tell ya. You better tell me or Harry if he does it again... does Draco know?"

 

   She shook her head. "Only Theo. He's Draco's boss and I really don't want him to jeaprodise his career over this ." 

 

   "Well... tell me next time. If that Wayguard tries anything, it will be straight to Azkaban as far as I'm concerned." 

 

    "That may be a bit dramatic, but thanks, Ron... I'm sure it's nothing though." 

 

    They continued to order shots and beers, going strong until about 11 pm when she finally realized they should probably head home. Draco would probably be worried and wondering where she was. 

 

    They walked to Diagon alley into the Leaky Cauldrons floo -- since their apartment was only accessible through a warded network.

 

   She gave her best friend a hug and thanked him for the drinks before disappearing into the flames from the hearth. 

 

  

 

   "Where were you!!" Draco shouted when Hermione finally stumbled into the apartment.

 

    "I'm sorry! I was in muggle London with Ron for drinks... I was... having a bad day." She said as she hung her purse and coat on the rack and walked inside.

 

    "Well I'm sorry you are having a bad day, but I searched all of Diagon alley looking for you, owled all your friends and worried myself sick... can you please tell me next time you decide to run off like that?" He shouted as he stormed into the office. 

 

    "I'm sorry Draco, can you please forgive me, I can't fight right now..." she said with exhaustion as she slumped into the couch, massaging her temples. 

 

    He glowered at her for a moment, letting his anger dissipate slightly before resting on the couch next to her. 

 

    "Fine, just... I wish you would have told me..." he said, watching her intently as he reached for her hand. "You smell like a brewery... what happened today?"

 

    "I... I disobeyed orders and got chastised by Mackenzie..." she said with a trembling lip. She tried to hold it in, but the tears slipped from her eyes before she could stop them.

 

    "Oh..." he said knowingly as he reached over and pulled her onto his lap. "Do I need to hex her for you?" 

 

   She chuckled and rested her head against his chest when Theo suddenly came through the flames in a huff. 

 

   "Did you find her yet!?" He said, but then stopped when he realized she was on the couch with him. 

 

    "Fuck... Hermione, we were worried!" Theo then saw she was tearing up and went over to them. 

 

   "Are you okay princess?" He said, sitting on top of her lap, which was still on top of Draco's lap. She bawled even harder once she was sandwiched between the two of them. 

 

     Then much to Hermione and Draco's surprise, Theo started crying too. 

 

    "What's wrong?" Hermione sniffed through her own tears, trying to comfort their brunette friend awkwardly in her position. 

 

    "When I went looking for you... I saw Katya at the Leaky Cauldron..." he wailed, summoning a handkerchief to blow his nose. 

 

    "Okay... I'm getting the whiskey!" Draco said as he rolled out from underneath them with as much grace as he could manage. 

 

    Theo wouldn't let go of the little witch though and cried into her shoulder as he told them all about his ex-encounter.

 

    Katya had been sitting with Brian Beltcher— the editor of the Daily Prophet— at Gnomleys when Theo had entered. The sleazy wizard had had his arm wrapped around the little Russian witch and they had been snogging while Theo had stood by watching them. She hadn't noticed him though. 

 

   "I haven't seen her since she left with Alexi... and now she's back and making out with an old man right in front of me. Why do I still love her!!!" He whined as Draco passed him a fire whiskey. 

 

   "Okay... firstly, anyone who leaves you for Alexi is just plain stupid in the first place Nott," Draco said to his best friend. "It makes me question her sanity in the first place... secondly, she's an absolute twat, somehow she found out we were soulmates and completely caught us off guard by saying it in front of every tabloid in the EU this morning. She can't be trusted and when she comes crawling back to you one day, I hope you shut the door in her face." 

 

   "She told the press you were soulmates?" Theo asked as he lifted his swollen face to look up at them. "I can't believe it... I told her not to tell anyone. She promised."

 

    "You told her Theo??" Hermione gasped as she smacked him in the arm. 

 

    "Well... I may have accidentally told her when I was very drunk. I just never thought she would say anything, or that we would break up for that matter." He said crying again. "Why didn't you warn me that she was in town Draco! Your such a bastard!" 

 

   Draco smiled and poured Theo more whiskey. "I just hate seeing you like this and was hoping she would scuttle back to Russia before you saw her... sounds like she's not going anywhere anytime soon though. If she's taking over for Rita Skeeter... we are in some serious shit." 

 

   "Maybe not..." Hermione said thoughtfully, getting out from under Theo and walking to the office. 

 

   "I am going to write her a letter, maybe if we get to her quickly enough, we can control what she writes... as long as it's a two-way relationship I am sure she will go for it," Hermione said, drafting a letter to the witch and addressing it to the daily prophet. 

 

    "You better be on my side though! You are not allowed to be friends with her!" Theo shouted from the other room. 

 

    "Theo, you are one of my closest friends, I would never disrespect our friendship like that." She said, winking up at him. 

 

   Once she was satisfied with her letter, she placed it on the desk for the owl to pick up once he returned. 

 

   "What did you say to her?" Draco asked.

 

   "I asked if she would meet me for a drink tomorrow night," Hermione said casually. 

 

    "Where..." asked Theo, trying to sound casual. 

 

     "I'm not giving you any details... it's for your own good." She said, gently patting his knee.

 

    "But if I got some polyjuice potion, I could just..."

 

     "No Theo, you can't do this to yourself again!" Said Draco sternly. 

 

    They had worked so hard to get Theo to this point and now he was finally happy, chasing after Angelina. Katya could easily ruin him if she was back in the picture again. 

 

    Theo began to chug his drink... before staring at the bookshelf with wet eyelashes and limp arms. "Can I sleep here tonight?" 

 

    "Since when do you ask?" Draco chuckled as he patted his back. 

 

    "I for one could go to sleep right now..." Hermione said, yawning, feeling exhausted from her day. 

 

   •

 

    The three of them walked up the stairs to the bathroom, brushed their teeth together— since Theo had a toothbrush there— and then crawled into the bed tiredly. 

 

    "I forgot to tell you how sweet it was you came looking for me... I'm sorry I scared you, I'll send an owl next time." She said sleepily as she rested against Draco's chest, Theo wrapping his arms around her waist and giving a forlorn sigh. 

 

    "One minute later and I would have burned down the whole city love." He said as he looked over at her. "I love you so much."

 

    "I love you too." She said, reaching up to kiss him. 

 

    "I love you too!!" Theo said Dramatically from behind them. Making sure to remind them he was there. 

 

    "Night Theo..." Hermione laughed as she wandlessly turned off the lights and the room finally fell silent.

 

  

 

   Theo and Hermione woke up first and headed down to have a spot of breakfast. 

 

   The owl came with the mail and Hermione sorted through it, trying to hide the letter from Katya that had made its way to her but Theo instantly knew what she was doing. 

 

   "Just let me see it!!" He whined as he tried to reach over to her extended arm to grab it.

 

   "No... in fact I'm reading it in the office so that you can't be tempted." She said harshly as she walked over to the hidden door nestled in the bookshelf. 

 

    Once she was inside, she unfolded the letter and read the note.

 

 

 —-

H,

 

  It's good to hear from you, I would be delighted to meet with you tonight at The Prickling Pint. It will be good to catch up. How is 8 pm sound?

 

  Love,

 

  Katya.

 

  Hermione was rather annoyed at how joyful Katya sounded to hear from her after she had outed her and Draco so publicly, but that was business she supposed.

 

   She was about to use incendio on the letter to destroy the evidence but it abruptly came to life, giving her a sharp smack on the hand and then flying from her grasp and into Theo's who had silently snuck to the door.

 

   "Theoooo." She groaned as she tried to walk over and take it from him. 

 

    "Prickly Pint at 8 you say?" He said with a cheeky look on his face. 

 

    "Don't do this!" Hermione pleaded.

 

    "She won't even know it's me!" He said, pulling a vial of polyjuice potion out of his pyjama pocket.

 

      Hermione glowered at Theo as she incendio'd the letter, causing him to pull his hands back quickly, then pushing past him to the kitchen.

 

    "Also... you and I have something to discuss..." she said as she poured herself some tea and motioned for him to sit next to her at the island.

 

    "Uh oh... you have your angry face on..." he said as he sat down, carefully placing a hand over his sensitive bits in case she was about to hex him. 

 

    "Mackenzie was speaking with her partner yesterday, and she is planning to possibly track your owl and find out the identity of her secret lover... have you planned for this yet? Or are you still flying by the seat of your pants?" She snapped, taking a very angry sip of her tea without breaking eye contact.

 

   "Hmm... let's just say, she will be very disappointed with what she finds..." Theo chuckled as he took a bite of his toast and looked at her cheekily. 

 

   "What did you do...." 

 

    "If she tracks the letters, she will be most surprised to find Gilderoy Lockhart at the other end of them, sweetheart.... see when I visit Daphne, I also visit 'my old pal Lockhart'. I'm the only visitor he gets and I use his fanmail owl to send the letters." Theo said, resting his hands behind his head and biting his lip playfully.

 

    "Oh, my gods... I don't know whether to be cross with you or just plain.... impressed." She said shaking her head.

 

    "So should I keep sending them or?" he said with a raised brow.

 

     "Well.... as long as she doesn't find out the only one visiting Lockhart is you we should be okay." She shrugged.  

 

    "The only one visiting Lockhart is a short stout man named Hurley. Neville never lets my polyjuice stock run dry..." he chuckled as he slathered more jam on his bread. 

 

    "You are incorrigible." She laughed as she ruffled his curly mop of hair. 

 

    "Are you two scheming down there?" Draco said sleepily from the loft. 

 

    "Hey, Draco! Want to come to the Pricking Pint with us at 8 pm?" She shouted up at him as Theo glared at her.

 

    "What? Someone needs to keep you in check..." she said innocently as Draco came down to join them.

Notes:

When I’m writing, I have no idea what the characters are going to say, or how they are going to react... the Lockhart thing literally came out of nowhere hahaha! But I think it’s perfect. Theo figured that part out for me! Thank you Theodore Nott!

Chapter 17: Contract (Explicit)

Summary:

The conversation between Katya and Hermione.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

    Hermione told Ron the next day all about Theo's trickery in regards to Mackenzie and Lockhart, causing the redhead to fall to the floor laughing. 

 

    "It's too much... Can you imagine w-what she would do if she ever found out?" Ron howled as he tried to soothe the stitches in his side. 

 

   "Shhhhh I think I hear her coming! Be quiet." She urged as she heaved him off the floor, his face was all red and blotchy from laughing. 

 

    They both stood up straight, pulling themselves together as the clacking neared the office. 

 

    "Well... if it isn't my two favourite trainees..." Mackenzie drawled as she came through the door. "Thomas is sick today so I just have you two to concern myself with. Since only half the group is here, I'm going to show you how to take a memory from a pensive and transcribe it into text for documentation."

 

   "Can we not just document the memory instead?" Ron said, trying not to let the dread bleed into his voice. 

 

   "Oh yes... why didn't we think of that?" The Auror said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at him. 

 

   Mackenzie then walked Ron and Hermione down past the archives, describing the method of their monotonous task as they trudged to the bowls of the Ministry. "...Now make sure you don't leave anything out, everything is important when it comes to documentation." 

 

    When they entered the last corridor, Mackenzie stopped and took out her wand. She drew a silvery memory from her skull through her temple and then coaxed it into a vial. 

 

    "You two get the pleasure of documenting yesterday's little incident... don't leave out any of the mistakes that were made during your little Pursuit either." She warned, giving Hermione a sharp look. "Weasley, I will leave you with Jacobs's memory and Granger you will work with mine. Two perspectives are always better than one."

 

    She gave them the two vials and pointed towards the door behind them before vanishing down the hall.

 

    Once she was gone, Hermione and Ron entered the low-lit room and looked around. There was a row of pensive's lining the back wall, each with a desk, paper and quill beside them. She pulled the stopper off of her vial and dumped the contents into one of the pensive's— looking at Ron to do the same. 

 

   "I already know I'm going to hate this task..." Ron sighed as he plunged his face into the water. 

 

    "Anything is better than training with Mackenzie hungover..." Hermione murmured as she pushed past the ethereal barrier of the water, preparing to watch Mackenzie put her into a body-bind over and over and over again. 

 

   Once she had fully translated the memory into written form, Hermione's submitted it into a mail slot, causing another one to drop in its place. 

 

   "Oh wait... there's more." She said dryly.

 

   •

 

   Once Hermione had transcribed 27 separate incident reports, her and Ron were finally allowed to go home for the day. 

 

   They walked together in silence toward the exit as she contemplated her game plan for the night. 

 

   She had to be strategic with Katya, or they could end up enemies rather than allies... and Katya knew far too much to be an enemy.  

 

   Once she was home, she took a steamy shower— trying to clear her head and prepare herself mentally. 

 

   Deciding to try for 'intimidating' , she dressed in her leather skirt and V-neck shirt paired with black lipstick and heels. If anything, dressing the part would certainly help her feel it too. 

 

   •

 

   Once Draco came through the flames to their apartment, he put away his coat and rested against the wall for a moment. A conversation with Wayguard he had had earlier was weighing heavy on his mind. 

 

  He had to go away again. 

 

  Wayguard had told him he needed an extra trainee for the Mayan ruins that recently had been discovered and had assigned Draco to the task involuntarily. Cho was usually the one to assign cases but Wayguard had made it clear he wanted Draco to go this time, going over her head. 

 

  He was leaving next week and would be gone for at least 10 days. 

 

    He walked up the stairs and made his way to the closet to change from his work clothes— his internal agony draining him. 

 

     Suddenly... he heard a cuss from the bathroom beside him...

 

   He walked in and leaned against the doorframe as he watched his little witch holding her eyes with her hands... clutching her little tube called 'mascara' that she used instead of a darkening charm. 

 

   "Did you gauge yourself in the eye again?" He chuckled as he strode in and looked into her eyes to assess the damage. 

 

    "Maybe..." she said with a wince, trying to open the offending eye. "Hi."

 

    "Hello there..." he said softly. 

 

    "Are you okay?" She asked as she noticed his low spirits. 

 

    "Now I am..." he looked her up and down, taking her in as he lowered himself down to her level, leaning in with his arms on either side of her hips as he pressed her against the sink. "You look nice."

 

    She softly caressed his face before wrapping her arms around his neck to kiss him. She took all of his worries away with a single touch.

 

    Before he knew it, Hermione had undone his belt and pulled down her skirt. He sat her on top of the counter— moving her easily as he kissed her. 

 

    She pawed at his firm cock while pulling him even closer by his tie, guiding him into her where he belonged. 

 

    He let her move him inside as he looked down at her warm eyes and freckled nose, wondering how on earth he could ever deserve such a woman. 

 

    She grasped his taut lower cheeks as she thrust him in and out, mouth slightly parted as she drowned in her sudden feelings of absolute ecstasy. She made him feel like a man... in the best way. 

 

    "Harder!" She sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, thrusting inside with everything he had. 

 

   His hair was slipping to the front and falling onto her neck as she sighed into his shoulder, leaving a bite-mark where her teeth sat.

 

    Before he could cum, Draco dropped down to his knees, admiring the swollen pink bud in front of him. He took in the wet flesh to his mouth, feeling it pulse as she cried out above him and felt its slippery folds unravel as he swirled his tongue over it again and again. 

 

    She rubbed herself up and down over his tongue as he took in her sweet scent, warm center and feminine sighs.

 

    "Come up here, I want to look at you. Let's come together." She murmured as he made his way up back up her body and to her mouth again, plunging in to her glistening hole once more.

 

    "I love you, Hermione." He gasped as he watched her looking at his lips. 

 

     "I love you too." 

 

      She then wrapped her legs around his waist hard and thunked her head against the mirror as the beginning of her orgasm demanded to be released. 

 

     "I love the way you fuck me." She cried, her cleavage shaking through her shirt as he jammed his way inside her again and again. 

 

     Finally, he wrapped his arms behind her back and rested his face into her breasts as he came hard into her body... feeling reborn against her smooth tanned skin. 

 

    "I could do it for a living..." he whispered, moving his face back up to kiss her through the resounding ecstasy. 

 

    Every time with her was better than the last. 

 

    Every. single. time. 

 

    He wasn't sure how he was supposed to leave her again after he had just got back from trying to drown his emotions with space. Space was the last thing he ever wanted with his wife. 

 

    "We should probably go... we don't want to be late. Or else Theo will blow this whole thing up." She sighed... but didn't let him go just yet. 

 

    "Yes... we should probably go." He said, rubbing her back in soothing circles as she slowly began to gyrate against him once more. 

 

   •

 

   Hermione and Draco met Theo in the back alley of the pub at exactly 7:45 pm. 

 

    Hermione had had to hex Draco to get him off of her after she insisted it was important they be early. 

 

    Once they were standing with their tall brunette friend, Hermione began listing off a bunch of orders for Theo to obey. 

 

    "Okay... rule one- no talking to Katya. Rule two- no staring or revealing your true self to Katya and rule three- you must take the poly juice potion I have provided..." Hermione said as she placed the flasks in the two men's hands. 

 

    Theo and Draco then transformed into random muggles that Hermione had stolen DNA from earlier that day. 

 

   "I can't work with this..." Theo said huffily after he turned a few bricks in the wall into a mirror. Hermione rolled her eyes, knowing full well that a balding wizard with a double chin wouldn't be able to woo a woman such as Katya. 

 

   "Okay, you two can sit near us but don't stare okay?" She said as she began to walk around to the front of the building.

 

    "Okay princess... you make the rules," Theo huffed as he followed behind her and Draco.

 

    Hermione felt her husband's hand against hers until she walked around the corner, leaving that reassuring warmth to be replaced by cold doubt.

 

    She could already see Katya with her long black hair and penetrating eyes, stirring a stick of olives around a martini as she waited.

 

    The Golden Girl sighed, then stepped through the door, purposefully walking toward the table her old friend was sitting at. 

 

   "Hello, Katya." She said with a tired smile.

 

    "Hello H...it's been a while, no?" The girl said as she waved over for the waiter. The plump man came over to them and Katya ordered Hermione a double whiskey on the rocks with another vodka martini for herself.

 

   "So... how are you? Last I heard, you and Alexi had gone back to Russia together?" Hermione said as she took a small sip of her drink, trying to appear in control while she eyed Katya down. 

 

   Someone shuffled into the booth behind them and she saw Draco and Theo in their new forms moving into the booth behind them.

 

    "Oh... yes but after a few months it was very clear we weren't meant to be... then a job with the Profit came up quite suddenly." She smirked as she popped an olive into her mouth. "Has Theo been around, I miss him." 

 

   Hermione's fist clenched under the table as she realized how truly careless the girl was with her friend's heart and tried not to let it show on her face. 

 

   "Well congratulations on the job Katya, I'm happy for you." She ground out painfully. "Look the reason I'm here is..."

 

   "I knows why you are here H... you want to form an alliance, do you not?" She said casually as she twirled the olive stick in her fingers. 

 

   "Something like that..." Hermione murmured as she leaned back into the wood. "Does that sound like something that would interest you?" 

 

   Katya leaned back also, mirroring Hermione's actions as she contemplated something. "Yes... but under one condition. I want your interviews to be with me and me alone... I already know you two are soulmates and I want a feature with both of you in it." She said— causing Hermione to squirm in her seat. 

 

   "Possibly... but I have two conditions of my own," Hermione stated. "One... don't go near Theo... and two, no releasing information on Draco and me without our consent, that goes for the rest of the Trio as well." 

 

    Katya considered this for a moment before speaking. "I will agree to the second condition... but the first one I cannot accept." She said solemnly. "Theo and I were beautiful together... and I can't promise that something won't happen between us again since I am back." She said in her thick Russian accent.

 

    Hermione heard scuffling from behind them and fought the urge to ring Katya's pretty little neck for having the balls to say such a thing. She knew Theo shouldn't have come, but at least Draco was there to keep him at bay... for now. Not that she would recognize the strange old man Hermione had disguised him as. 

 

   "Perhaps you want him and that is why you want me to stay away?" Katya said curiously as she watched Hermione's thinking process play out. Clearly she had been keeping up on their lives from afar via that Daily Profit. 

 

   "It's those sort of comments I am not even going to glorify with a response... we have had enough of that with Rita Skeeter..." she said with warning.

 

    Katya put her hands up in fake surrender as she focussed back on her martini. It was curious that her and Rita shared the same affinity for the classic cocktail. She wondered if Katya could also transform into any unsavoury creatures. 

 

    Hermione took a contract from her purse and moved it slowly over the table toward her. "I will give you the first news of every single story, as long as you follow our guidelines and refrain from the use of a quick notes quill or any other embellishments from this moment on. We can start with an exclusive interview with Draco and myself about our soulbond, as long as I pre-approve the questions." 

 

   Katya raised her eyebrows and tossed back her hair before flipping quickly through the contract. 

 

   Once she had decided the wording was to her liking she signed it with her wand to the paper and a cross over her heart before passing the papers back to Hermione. 

 

    "So... when can we have this interview?" She asked, getting right to business. 

 

   "Tomorrow 7 am sharp... Before any other tabloids decide to speculate on the news you leaked."

 

   "Oh, H... I only did that to get your attention." She said with an oddly genuine smile as she waved the waiter around for another drink.

 

   Behind the girls, Draco now had Theo in a full body bind along with a silencio charm to stop him from doing, or saying anything stupid while they were there. 

 

   Theo stared at him angrily, shuffling around on the bench as he tried to wiggle around to stare at his ex. 

 

    "No... bad Theo..." Draco whispered as he strained to hear the girl's conversation, his wand still pointed at his best friend under the table...

 

    Once Hermione went to the washroom and Katya had walked out, Draco finally lifted the restraints, allowing Theo to speak.

 

    "Did you hear that? She missed me!" 

 

    "I just can't with you..." Draco sighed, finishing off his drink.

 

     "I think I'm going to introduce myself..." he winked as sent a hex toward Draco and bolted out the door to chase her. 

 

      Draco blocked it lazily but didn't follow his best friend... he knew how hard trying to stay away from someone you loved was, even if he had to pick up the pieces later on. 

 

      Hermione got back from the washroom and sat next to Draco.

 

     "Where is Theo?" She asked in annoyance as she looked around the busy bar for him. 

 

      He gave her a glance that told her everything. 

 

    "Oh I'm going to kill him... what about my rules? I made it very clear..."

 

    "Hermione darling, rules aren't going to keep him away from her. He's an adult now— sort of — we have to let him make mistakes. All we can do is guide him on the right path."

 

    Hermione's features softened as she looked at him curiously. 

 

    "What is it?" Draco asked. 

 

     "Nothing... you just... reminded me of my dad there for a moment there, that's all." She murmured as she beckoned him to follow her out of the pub. 

 

     His arm found its way around her shoulder and a timer went off on Hermione's wrist, warning them that the polyjuice potion was about to wear off.

 

    She led him to an alley and watched as Draco's appearance returned from a skinny salt and pepper muggle to her favorite wizard. 

 

    He stood there with something behind his eyes that bothered her as she led him back out into the dark streets of Diagon Alley. 

 

    "Are you going to tell me what's wrong now?" She prodded, stopping in the middle of the cobblestone street to look up at him. 

 

    "I'm almost inclined to say no... but I can't keep it from you forever." He sighed. "Wayguard has forced me to join in on a Project... it's in South America." 

 

   "For how long?" She said, furrowing her eyebrows together. 

 

    "He said that I would be gone for at least 10 days..." he said sadly as he rested his thumb into the little nook behind her ear.

 

    "Why would Wayguard send you? That's Cho's job, is it not?" She asked, purposely hiding a nervousness that Draco caught briefly. 

 

    "It is... I'm not sure why he's getting involved." He said, trying to find that flicker of whatever he had caught in her eyes the moment before, but he couldn't. 

 

     "Alright, I suppose I'm going to have to just get as much 'Draco time' in as I possible can before you go." She breathed. "When do you leave?" 

 

    "Next week on Monday." 

 

    "I'm calling in sick every day until you go..." 

 

    "No you certainly will not..." he said with a raised brow. "But you don't get to make breakfast, lunch or dinner plans with anyone but me until then."

 

    "I'm sure I'll come crying at their door as soon as you're gone..." she sighed. Wondering when she had become so dramatic.

 

   "No... because you will be too busy writing to me. I want to know every single thing that happens... every day... every thought. Or else I will blow up those dreaded ruins and come flying back to you." 

 

    "The thoughts are all going to be of you..." she said as she reached up on her tippy toes to nuzzle her nose against his. 

 

      "All indecent I hope." He said, giving her a heart- stopping kiss as he pushed her into the nearest alley. 

 

    Every time he kissed her was better. 

 

    Every. Single. Time.

Notes:

I’m suffering from dumb blonde disorder right now and it’s been difficult for me to write— yet here I am still trying! If anyone runs into any ridiculous plot holes or something of the sort, please let me know and I will fix it right away! I wish Grammarly would act more like a beta and fix all my mistakes but alas it does not. Thanks for reading despite my shortcomings as a writer! I have the next two days off and intend to spend all my time on this, so expect chapters!!! You guys rock and I hope you love it!

Chapter 18: Interview (Explicit)

Summary:

Katya’s interview.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  Hermione woke up at 5 am that morning. 

 

  The list of Katya's pre-arranged questions had arrived late last night so Hermione and Draco hadn't had time to look them over yet. 

 

  Before she could get out of bed though, her eyes drew towards her precious sleeping husband. 

 

   His features softened in his sleep and his dark lashes stood out starkly against his light skin. She couldn't look away. 

 

   She also couldn't stop panicking about his departure even though they still had a few days left together.

 

   Hermione poked his face to try and wake him, but he was dead to the world in the early morning, so she decided to wake him up another way. 

 

   She smiled to herself and shuffled herself under the sheets, spreading his heavy legs apart and staring at his soft cock. Her tongue ran along the length of it before she put it in her mouth, gently nuzzling it as it hardened. 

 

   Draco's eyes shot open and he looked down curiously at the bobbing blanket below him, lifting the sheet to see what was going on. 

 

   "Hello love, what are you doing— MERLIN!!" Draco forgot that he was trying to speak as she took him into her warm mouth, pumping him up and down as she stared into his eyes. 

 

    He grasped her hair and moved his hands along with her, gently coercing her to go deeper as she sucked and licked. 

 

   "Are you trying to make leaving impossible?" He groaned. 

 

  Draco tried to move her up so that he could have sex with her, but she pulled out her wand and jinxed the sheets, forcing them to wrap around Draco's wrists like restraints. 

 

   "Don't make me cast a Silencio too!" She warned as she continued to suck his now throbbing dick. 

 

    "Gods Hermione... you are so good at that!" He said as his large fists clenched under their cotton confines. 

 

  "I had a good teacher." She panted, before pumping him in circular motions with her hand, licking at the head. 

 

   "What did he say about talking with your mouth full?" He quipped.

 

    She glared at him and then began to fondle his balls in her palm. 

 

   She kept sucking on his head when his legs started to shake on either side of her.

 

   He groaned and his abs flexed as he stared darkly into her eyes, his lips twitched as he watched her swallow his cock over and over. 

 

   "That's it... your such a good girl. Just like that!!" He praised as she brought him to his peak. 

 

     She then allowed him to explode in his morning glory, watching him strain against the sheets as they kept him stuck in place while he tried to reach for her. 

 

     Laughing at his frustration, she finally undid the restraints and left the bed, heading for the stairs. 

 

    Before she could though, she felt an invisible force trap her body and plunge her back into the bed where she was thrust against the pillows. 

 

    "I never said you were excused from the bed.. did I?" Draco said piercingly as he pinned her into the soft fabric. 

 

     She stared up at him in surprise, he actually seemed cross with her, which was odd. And the wandless magic that he had just conjured was nothing short of exceptional. 

 

    "I... no you didn't." She whispered. Her tone was laced with, surprise, confusion and wonder. "How did you just do that?" 

 

     He was silent as his eyes sparked darkly like a rock against flint while he held her down. 

 

    He kissed her with a possessive force she hadn't seen before and she was not sure what to think of it. 

 

    "Draco... DRACO!!" She finally yelled out, breaking herself away from his passion. "We have things to do today, we will pick this up after work!" She said forcefully. 

 

     He nodded slowly and reluctantly let go of her arms so that she could get up. "Sorry..." he said mechanically as he sat dazedly on the bed for a moment more.

 

    "It's fine... we just need to be at the Daily Prophet soon." She said as she walked down to the kitchen. 

 

    She heard the 'TAP' coming from the bay window and allowed the chubby little owl to enter. She gave him some proper owl food- disguised as a Dorito so that he would try it. She had put him on a strict diet to lose some of his weight and waited for his response. 

 

   He seemed to enjoy it— so she made a mental note to colour all of his treats bright orange so he would eat them. 

 

   "Thank you!" She said to him as she opened the letter from Katya. 

 

    She had to give the witch this... her questions were certainly to the point.

 

    Draco came down the stairs, looking curiously at the envelope in her hands. 

 

   "So? Anything that you will cross off the list?" He asked as she passed him the parchment.

 

   "I wish I could cross them all off the list, but I agreed to seven questions per interview and can't think of anything else she could ask."

 

    He gave her a soft and gentle kiss before turning to conjure pastry's and coffee for them. "It's jarring to know that everyone in Europe will read them, but at least we won't be caught off guard." He said as he pushed a plate with a strawberry danish into her hands. "Eat, please! You will need your strength today!" 

 

    She took an abysmally small bite and then pushed the plate back to him before taking the coffee instead and continuing to puzzle over the questions. 

 

    He scowled and put the pastry back into the table. 

 

    "Why am I so nervous..." Hermione said as she clasped her hands around her mug. 

 

     "Because you are you..." he chuckled. "Always thinking of every single thing that could go wrong— which is why it rarely does. You are prepared for everything. My amazing little witch." 

 

    She blushed and turned away from him, sitting down on the barstool and hiding her face.

 

    "Hmmm... interesting." He said with a pleased look on his face. "I can still make you blush like a schoolgirl. I hope that never changes..." 

 

    "It's not my fault my husband is so charming. Had I a choice, I would have picked someone far more unappealing so that moments like these would happen less." She giggled as she kept her eyes trained on another spot on the floor.

 

    "Look at me, Hermione!" He said as he reached for her wrists gently and pulled them away from her face. 

 

    She looked up at him with a heated complexion and saw his smouldering expression directed towards her again.

 

    "Can you stop? We have to get ready!" She said with a slight frustration as she tried to get off the barstool, but his hands stayed where they were. 

 

   "DRAC—- nommmph." Hermione spluttered as she had a large price of Danish stuffed into her mouth via Draco's fingertips. 

 

    "Good girl..." he said with a lopsided grin as he went up the stairs and to the bathroom. 

 

    "You total wanker!" She whined with a muffled groan as she struggled to swallow the large bite.

 

    "Don't speak with your mouth full!" He yelled down from upstairs. 

 

 

 

   The Daily Prophet was abuzz as Draco and Hermione entered hand in hand. 

 

   It seemed as though their entrance was not expected, which gave Hermione the impression Katya had been tight-lipped about their interview like she had agreed to. 

 

   Maybe things could work out amicably in the end, as long as Katya didn't break Theo's heart. 

 

   Hermione had jinxed the contract Katya had signed to unleash boils, blisters and blotches if she tried to hurt her friend again. 

 

    The Russian appeared from the hallway a moment later though— unblemished. 

 

   She was pretty as ever, dressed more professionally than Hermione has seen of her yet and looked at them warmly as she beckoned them to follow her. 

 

   She had been somewhat of a close friend to the two, and it was fairly strange to see her using them to advance her career like this— while also treating them the way she had before. 

 

   Opening the door to her large office, she pointed to two couches that were sitting facing each other as she moved to the one closest to the window. 

 

    "Draco... Hermione." She said gesturing for them to sit together in the seat. "It's wonderful to see the two of you again. I know the way I came about getting you here may have seemed cruel. But getting the two of you alone is very difficult, everyone was holed up in the apartment building and I knew I had to capture your attention with something." She said with a small smile. 

 

   "Do you forgive me?" She asked with a hopefulness that appeared earnest. 

 

    "Too soon to tell..." Draco drawled as he wrapped an arm around Hermione and continued to throw Katya cool indifference. 

 

     "I can't argue with that..." she said with a chuckle. "But I need you to understand something. I never intended to hurt Theo... sometimes we need to explore all of our options before we settle. I would always have been curious if Alexi and I would work if we didn't try it." She finished.

 

   The strange part about Katya was she was unrelenting in her honesty. That made her hard not to trust as someone who had good intentions but rather unpredictable in general. 

 

   Draco however had still not forgotten that she had been seen... snogging her boss but a few days ago, this inability to control her impulses made him worry for Theo. 

 

    "Can we get to the questions already? We do have to work this morning." Draco said dismissively after her explanation. 

 

    "Yes... let's," she said, looking down at the parchment and summing a moving quill. 

 

    "Okay... my first question is for a Hermione." She said. 

 

     "Did you and Draco find out you were soulmates before or after got began your relationship?" Katya said.

 

    "After..." Hermione said quickly, answering the questions with as much 'efficiency as possible.

 

    "So the powerful bond you share didn't seem surprising to you at all?" 

 

   "No... I didn't even know the wizarding world had soulmates." Hermione admitted bashfully.

 

   "Draco? Did you suspect a bond?" said Katya. 

 

    Draco paused for a moment before answering. "I had considered it..." he said coldly, while Hermione rested a hand over his thigh. 

 

    "Interesting..." she said thoughtfully. 

 

     She seemed like she wanted to dig further into that, but she was bound by the contact to stay close to the pre-approved questions. Her undying curiosity was twitching in her manicured eyebrow. 

 

   "Why did you decided to keep the relationship a secret for so long?" She said as she side-eyed them. She had been around them while they had secretly dated and also had been one of the many people they had deceived. 

 

   "Well... we wanted our privacy," Draco said as if it were obvious. "There were many people who were disgruntled when we were suspected months earlier and we weren't interested in explaining ourselves to them."

 

    "I understand." She said pensively. "Many soulmates choose to marry straight away... is there a reason you two have held out for so long?" 

 

    Hermione's grip tightened on Draco's thigh as he stroked the invisible ring slowly while looking down at her. 

 

    "We wanted it to be after Harry and Ginny’s  wedding..." She lied quickly. 

 

    "Indeed..." she said, clearly fighting an internal battle of some sort. "Hermione, if you weren't soulmates would you and Draco still be getting married this year?" 

 

   Hermione's smiled and looked up at her husband before she answered. "Yes, I was already thinking about it before I knew about the soulbond." She admitted. 

 

   "Even after he bullied you for all those years?" Katya said softly. Drawing her last and final question out slowly. 

 

    "He showed me who he really was, and I knew soon after meeting Draco again, that I didn't want to live without him... that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. If it had of just been a soulbond, we could have found a way around it by now I'm sure... but we choose to be together everyday." 

 

    Draco grasped her hand tightly and gave her a quick kiss before getting up.

 

    "You promised me a picture too! don't forget..." Katya said hurriedly as she got up. 

 

    "How could we forget?" Draco said sarcastically so that only his wife could hear. 

 

     Katya then positioned the couple while she pulled out a newer version of her old wizard camera, snapping a few photos of them against a dark wall in her office before allowing them to leave. She walked them out into the hall and then stopped before they could leave.

 

   "Draco... you know I'm related to the sacred twenty-eight?" She asked. 

 

    "Yes..." Draco drawled.

 

    "Well imagine my surprise when I saw this." She pulled out a picture of the Malfoy family tree, pointing out the names at the bottom of the list. 

 

     Hermione Malfoy was lettered in black scrawl unlike the rest of the names that were a shiny green hue. 

 

    "I realize that you were probably married before the contract, making it null per our agreement." She said saltily. "...but if you would prefer for me to break the news rather than some other journalist I hope you will owl me." 

 

   "We are keeping it a secret for now, but thank you for the offer," Hermione said as politely as she could manage despite her annoyance. 

 

  "Goodbye, Katya..." Draco said dismissively before grasping Hermione's hand and walking away. 

 

   "What do we do if she prints it anyway?" He said nervously as they headed to the floo. 

 

   "She won't if she knows what's good for her," Hermione smirked.

 

    "What did you do?" He asked, quirking his brow at her. 

 

    "The contract is jinxed... if she prints any information without our consent, or if she hurts Theo. She will have more blemishes than she will know what to do with..." she said simply. 

 

    "Is that the same curse you used on Cho Chang in the fifth year?" He said, his tone layered with admiration and caution.

 

    "The very same, I knew she wouldn't agree to leave Theo alone before I even met up with her, so I added it secretly into the contact." She said wickedly as she pulled his tie to kiss him.

 

    "You really do think of everything." He whispered.

Notes:

Here ya go!

Chapter 19: Invitation

Summary:

Draco and Hermione go to Diagon Alley.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

   After the interview with Katya, Hermione finally had time to consider the wandless magic that Draco had performed on her earlier. 

 

   Wandless magic was wild and nearly untameable. She was able to do small things when her emotions burst forth... but nothing like picking someone up in the air and flinging them across the room...

 

   Dumbledore had had an extreme gift with his wandless magic- it seemed that objects just conformed to his whims as if he asked politely and they obliged. 

 

   But Draco had never been quite that gifted...

 

   She wondered if there were any books she could read on the subject but was knocked from her reverie by Ron, who had just entered the office after her, pushing the wood harshly into her shoulder.

 

    "Ow!! You don't have to open the door so harshly Ronald!!" Hermione spat as she held her wounded arm.

 

    "Oh, I'm sooo sorry Pumpkin!" Ron smirked as he wrapped his arms around her consolingly.

 

    "I'm not the pumpkin!! If anything you are the pumpkin!" She replied angrily. 

 

    "Okay fine, I'm the pumpkin. Feel better?" 

 

    "Yes...."

 

    "That's ma girl!" He said charmingly as he ruffled her hair. 

 

     Hermione slapped at his hands, trying to smooth out the braids Ron had just crumpled. "By the way, I'm hosting dinner tomorrow night at our loft for Harry and Ginny. You and Dyani are on the list."

 

   "Is Theo's elf making dinner? Or are you?" He asked, worrying his lip. 

 

    "Jacque is making dinner... why would that matter?" She asked haughtily. 

 

    "Never mind, we will be there!" He said quickly. 

 

     "Okay fine... so you don't like my cooking!" 

 

    "I would never say that... to your face..." he trailed off with a snicker.

 

     Hermione attacked Ron with the palm of her hand before Dean walked in... 

 

    "Morning..." he said awkwardly. "By the way Hermione, Annie and I accept your invitation for tomorrow night! Can't wait." He said enthusiastically. 

 

    She smiled at him and then glowered at Ron once more. "See? that's how regular people act when they get invited out." 

 

   • Saturday •

 

   Draco had a lazy morning with his wife that morning. 

 

   He kept her prisoner to the cotton sheets until eleven and then went downstairs for breakfast while she took a shower. 

 

   He summoned the paper that had been dropped by the window and glanced at the front page. The picture of Hermione wrapped in his arms made his heart soar, despite the fact the interview was practically against their will. 

 

   He smiled, making a note in his head to frame the shot of them later though. 

 

   Jacque was a wonderful house elf and Theo had practically insisted that he make dinner for the party that night... everyone knew Hermione was completely lacking in the culinary department. 

 

    Draco wondered how she was still alive. She could scramble eggs without absolutely scorching them but she had spent so much time on academics that she had little room for the things that didn't look good on a resume. 

 

    "Jacque I have made a menu for tonight, if there are any concerns please let me know..." he said to the elf.   

 

    "'Ow about instead of ze "cheeps and dip" we 'ave foie gras pate?" He said hopefully. 

 

    "As wonderful as your foie gras is... I think this will be a much more casual affair..." Draco said to with a smirk. 

 

    "As you wish Sir..." Jacque said in his throaty voice. "Ez there a wine list as well?" 

 

    "Hermione and I will pick it up on our outing today. No need to concern yourself with it." He replied as he turned back to his list. "What do you think would pair nicely with... Doritos?" 

 

   The house-elf shrugged and looked perplexed. 

 

 "Never 'eard of eet... Bordeaux?"

 

 

 

  Hermione and Draco never appeared out on the streets of Diagon alley —especially after they appeared on the front page of the Daily Prophet— so they decided to head straight to 'Leaf it to Longbottom' to pick up some extra Polyjuice potion for their outing. 

 

   Once in the store, Hermione noticed that all the plants had doubled in size. The store felt alive, like being inside a terrarium. The humidity was bringing Hermione's old hair back to life, causing some nostalgia to flow through Draco as he watched her looking around with wide-eyed astonishment.

 

   "Oh... hey Draco." Pansy's voice came through the back door as she came out wearing an apron and large gloves. 

 

   "Pansy?" Draco said in surprise as he looked the witch up and down. 

 

   Pansy had chopped off her long hair and it now fell loosely around her shoulders. She had dirt smudges on her face and was wearing very casual muggle clothes, shocking Hermione nearly to death. 

 

   "They are just my work clothes..." she said, rolling her eyes as she took in their expressions. 

 

    "I always thought working was beneath you..." Draco said with a scoff as she came up to hug him. 

 

   "Well, Neville is talented in Herbology... but he lacks finesse, which I have in spades." She said with a smirk as she looked over to Hermione. 

 

   "By the way, thank you for the invite tonight. Can we bring anything?" She asked the former Gryffindor.

 

   "Just yourselves," Hermione said, still staring at Pansy's dirty fingernails. "We were actually here to get a refill on our... potion supply." She said discreetly. 

 

   "Ahh. Neville mentioned you would be coming by. I have it right here." 

 

    She reached into her apron pocket and passed a shrunken vial to Draco. 

 

   "We will see you two tonight!" She said as she turned and walked back to the room. 

 

   "I never thought I would see the day..." Hermione said quietly. "... that Pansy Parkinson dressed in muggle clothes."

 

   "Or was covered in mud... willingly." He said in disbelief. 

 

    Hermione cheers'd Draco as they drank the foul liquid and headed into Knockturn Alley. 

 

   They transformed into a muggle couple Hermione had stolen hairs from in a restaurant a few days prior and they walked hand in hand, adjusting their fingers to their new sizes as they walked the street incognito. 

 

   "This is the first time we have just... walked down the street together in daylight..." Draco said thoughtfully as he squeezed her now thicker fingers. 

 

   "One day... maybe we won't need to..." she said as she guided him into Prices Potions. 

 

   Prices potions was filled to the brim with thousands upon thousands of potions. It reminded Hermione of Snape's storeroom before it had been taken over by Slughorn. It somehow managed to appear organized despite the floor-to-ceiling products. 

 

    Dyani was working at the counter as they entered the shop. 

 

    She looked up at the unfamiliar faces and smiled kindly. 

 

   "Hello! Is there anything I can help you with today?"

 

    "It's Hermione," Hermione said to the dark-haired girl. "And I have an order already under my account I believe."

 

   "Oh!" Dyani said in surprise. "Another Polyjuice adventure I see?" She chuckled as she pulled out her books to see the order. 

 

   "Yes... we needed to run some errands and get some supplies for tonight, we just didn't want to be recognized after..."

 

   "The article?..." a man walked out from behind a large shelf and Hermione recognized him as Henry Price right away. 

 

    He had salt and pepper hair, even though he was still young, and his kind eyes twinkled beneath his spectacles- reminding her strangely of Dumbledoor with his knowing eyes. 

 

    She shuffled awkwardly as she remembered their encounter at a gala the year prior. She had been an avid reader of his many potions books, most notably ‘Tonic Entanglement’ and had dumped her wine on one of his shoes as she had walked over to introduce herself. 

 

   "Oh... hello..." she said, berating herself for talking so openly about her illegal consumption of Polyjuice in public. 

 

   "Hermione Granger... it is nice to meet you finally." He said politely as he kissed her hand delicately. 

 

    Draco's hand wrapped around her other hand tightly as the man dropped it back down again. 

 

   "... and I supposed that would make you Draco Malfoy?" The man said, extending a hand to meet Draco. "Henry Price." 

 

   "Writer of Tonic Entanglement... I've read your work," Draco said, looking rather bored. As exciting as Tonic Entanglement was for Hermione, Draco had grown up with thousands of books on the subject of Potions— light and dark. Tonic Entanglement was barely on his radar as an interesting read. 

 

   "I read your interview this morning funny enough." Said Henry thoughtfully. "Soulmates? Such a rare occurrence..." 

 

   "Indeed," Draco said passively, sliding past Hermione to take the bag from Dyani. 

 

    "You know, many dark potions and spells used to be harvested in ancient times from the hearts of a bonded pair. Luckily it is not common now, but I have a book that you may find illuminating on the subject," Henry said as he flicked his wand and summoned an ancient tome. "The rarity of Soulmates also makes the information on the subject rare. Keep this, it's yours. Consider it a thank you for the roles you both played in the war." 

 

    "We couldn't possibly accept this," Hermione said as she stared wide-eyed at the book. It looked old... and expensive. 

 

    "Please, I want you to have it." He said with a smile as he pushed the book closer to Hermione. "I must get back to my work now, but it was a pleasure to meet you both." He said before he disapparated on the spot.

 

   "Thank you..." Hermione said to the air before she realized he was gone. 

 

    "Well, I supposed we will see you tonight Dyani?" Draco said as he dragged a distracted Hermione to the exit.

 

    "See you tonight!" She said with a wave before she went back to her work. 

 

    "What an odd man..." Draco said with a huff as he glanced at their receipt. "Dreamless sleep? Are you having nightmares?" 

 

    "I do when you're not with me..." she sighed as she felt the painful lump in her chest reappear. 

 

    "What do you dream about?" He whispered as he pulled her closer— his touch was familiar but not all a the same time. 

 

     "I don't know... that something happens to you... and there is always this awful snapping noise I can't quite place." 

 

    "Snapping?" He said with a smirk as they walked down the cobblestone and out into the crowded Diagon alley. 

 

    "Don't make fun of me... We don’t choose our dreams... or our Soulmates." She said as she smacked his hand away. The air was still sweet with summer but September was close by and the clouds were covering the sky. 

 

    "This is nice..." Draco said softly as he looked around the busy street. "Us... running errands together. Nobody bothering or badgering us. It feels...."

 

  "Like freedom?" She said softly as she appreciated the familiar bustling activity of the street.

 

   "Yes..." he said kissing the top of her head.

 

   "Well then let's make it count." She giggled as they began to walk. 

 

    They first went into an elvish wine shop, picking up a few bottles for their guests, along with a pack of cigars that Draco and Theo enjoyed on occasion. The elf looked curiously at them before accepting their galleons and passing them a shrunken bag for their supplies. 

 

   Then they went to Flourish and Blotts, buying 19 new books for their collection before Draco had to drag his wife from the store, nearly kicking and screaming. 

 

   "We can order them too you know. I will buy you any books you want love." He said reassuringly. 

 

    "It's not the same!" She pouted, passing Draco the bag as they headed into Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. 

 

    "Why do we have to go here again?" Draco said as he glowered at the large Weasley head that sat atop the building. 

 

    "He has the best dragon-fire roasted chestnuts..." she replied. 

 

     As soon as she entered the door though, George walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. 

 

    "Hello random muggle whom I don't know..." he said with innocent eyes as he looked her up and down. 

 

    "How did you know?" She whispered in a huff. 

 

    George then snuck a finger behind her ear and pretended to pull a sneakascope from behind it before passing her a large bag of chestnuts.

 

    "See you tonight at 7?" He said. 

 

    “Yes! See you there.” She smiled. 

 

     Draco groaned under his breath, still finding George's relationship with Hermione tedious. 

 

     "Is... Daphne going to be there?" George asked subtly, dusting an invisible fleck from his dapper suit. 

 

      The former Slytherin scoffed audibly before Hermione elbowed him in the arm. 

 

     "Yes, she is going to be there..." Hermione said. "Whether she feels like talking to you or not is up to her though." 

 

     "It would be awkward for her to ignore me if the host sat us together..." said George as he kissed her cheek and waltzed over to a chubby young wizard who was eyeing the love potions. 

 

    "Must he come?" Draco growled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and led her out the door.

 

    "Yes Draco, I'm afraid he must..." she said rolling her eyes as she pushed his arm off. "I also happened to invite one Angelina Johnson as well, who wouldn't have come if George wasn't."

 

    "Saving Theo from himself again?" Draco said with a smirk. 

 

    "I can only try." She sighed.

Notes:

You’re the pumpkin!!

Chapter 20: Saturday

Summary:

Dinner party time.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

      

    Theo was first to arrive, sneaking up on Hermione as she was setting the table and nearly getting hexed in the process. 

 

   "Well... if it isn't Theodore Nott..." she said sulkily as she arranged the Doritos on plates. 

 

   "Sorry for running out on you two the other night, if it makes you feel better, Katya disapparated before I could catch up with her." He said as he inspected a Dorito, popping it lazily into his mouth. 

 

   "Let's not talk about it tonight, but when Draco leaves on Monday I will have nothing but time to kick your arse for 10 days." She said with warning. 

 

    He pouted and then smiled as Draco came over to them. "Hello, Drakeyyy!" He cooed. 

 

   "She's not the only one who's cross with you, so don't even try it," Draco said as he leaned against the table. 

 

    Hermione then handed Draco a bright orange chip and raised a brow to him. 

 

    "Fine... I will finally try this dreaded crisp..." he sighed as he summoned the Bordeaux from the kitchen. 

 

     He took a reluctant bite and then his lips quirked as he took a sip of wine. "Well, Jacque was right, it does pair nicely." 

 

    The statement caused Hermione to gasp out in peals of laughter before Pansy and Neville arrived at the door. 

 

   Pansy eyed the cats with a smirk before picking Bijou up and scratching her ears. 

 

    "You know, we were becoming quite close before we moved from Hogwarts..." she said sadly as she gazed at the tabby cat. "They were practically the Slytherin mascots by the end of the year."

 

    "Gryffindor too! I heard they frequented Hufflepuff often as well, Annie kept a catnip plant in the common room to convince them to come by!" Neville laughed as he pet the cat in Pansy's arms.

 

    "Well, we could always charm a few undetectable cat doors around the apartment building so that they can visit at their leisure..." Draco said thoughtfully. 

 

    "Please do!" Pansy said excitedly. 

 

    Just then Angelina and George came whooshing through the floo and greeted everyone before Theo jumped up and offered Angelina a glass of wine. 

 

    "Sure why not..." she said with a sigh. 

 

   Hermione watched as Angelina resisted all of Theo's obvious charms, trying to ignore him and speak to George. Much to the girl's dismay though, Daphne came floating in the door a moment later— causing George's attention to waver. 

 

     Draco glanced over at Hermione with a knowing look as he watched her plans take place. "You are a cunning little witch you know." He said with a smirk as Annie, Dean, Ron and Dyani came through the door a few seconds later. 

 

     "I have no idea what you're talking about..." Hermione chuckled as she greeted their guests. 

 

     Once everyone had a glass in their hands, Hermione cranked the music and led them to the dining room before the last two guests arrived. 

 

     Their dining room had a large window that faced the atrium and George looked over the edge thoughtfully. "Well, well, well... you can see everyone's apartment from here..." he said with a glint in his eye looking curiously at Hermione and Draco. "There must be a lot going on at night in this building... he said as he took a sip of his wine."

 

    "We wouldn't know, we rarely leave the bedroom ourselves." Draco drawled. 

 

    Hermione rolled her eyes and smacked Draco before pouring herself a glass of wine and taking a large sip, sitting down in the furthest corner away from him. 

 

   "So... soulmates?" Pansy said as she sat down next to her.

 

   "It would appear so," Hermione said awkwardly, not quite knowing what to say. 

 

   "I'm sorry I kissed him, I didn't know you two were in a relationship back then. Alexi had told me that Draco was interested in me, but I suppose that was a lie." She said as she clutched Bijou like a shield. 

 

   "It's fine... we were keeping it rather secret at that point," Hermione said with a smile as she cheers'd the brunette. "You couldn't have possibly known." 

 

    "So... friends?" Pansy asked. 

 

    "Friends!" Hermione smirked. "Also I only hex Theo and Ron, so you can ease your grip on the cat." 

 

    "Oh... I'm sorry Bijou!" She said as set the disgruntled tabby on the floor. 

 

    Daphne came over to join them after a moment, giving Hermione a small smack on the arm as she plunked herself down next to her. 

 

    "You told me George wasn't going to be here!" She growled at the former Gryffindor. 

 

    "I didn't know he was coming..." Hermione fibbed as she ran a finger along the lip of her wine glass.

 

    "You lie like a Gryffindor..." Daphne huffed as she took a rather large gulp from her glass.

 

    "I still don't know why you're upset..." Pansy snickered at her. "He loves you and you have great sex... do you really need more?" 

 

     Daphne glared at her friend and nearly said something snarky before Harry and Ginny came through the door.

 

     "There they are!!!" Hermione yelled, nearly dissaperating from the two Slytherins to get to her best friends. "Mr. and Mrs.Potter, I missed you dearly!" She reached in for a hug, but Ginny stopped her before she could.

 

    "Don't touch me!!" She said worriedly as she hid behind Harry. 

 

     The closer Hermione looked, the more she realized just how sunburnt Ginny was, her fair complexion nearly lobster red in the dim lighting. 

 

    "Ginny! What happened to the sunblock potion I prepared for you?" Hermione whined as she inspected the inflamed skin of her friend.

 

     "I had one too many cocktails and may have forgotten it..." she replied sheepishly as Draco walked over to them. 

 

     The Slytherin smirked as he looked her over. "I have something for that. People with skin like ours can't be too prepared." Draco said as he walked over to the potion cabinet. "Here, this should do the trick." 

 

      Harry went to say hello to all their friends while Draco and Hermione made Ginny drink the whole vial. 

 

     "Uhh... it tastes like shit." She said with a wince as she sucked it back.

 

     Draco then summoned a glass of wine for her to wash it down with before the pair watched Ginny's face turn from bright red to ivory white once more. 

 

     "Better?" Hermione asked.

 

     "Yes! Now come here you!" Ginny squealed as she hugged Hermione violently. "I missed you!!!"

 

     •

 

    Dinner sailed along smoothly. 

 

   Jacque had prepared lobster risotto for the group and they ate in delight while they caught up. 

 

   Annie told the group of her many stories involving the Muggle Relations Department. It was the school season and she was constantly working as the bearer of news to muggle parents of magical children. 

 

    "I've had to convince so many people this month that magic exists, I barely believe it myself anymore..." she finally finished while Dean rubbed her arm sympathetically. 

 

    "You're doing such a good job sweets! Her boss says she wishes she had 10 more like you!" Dean gushed as he entwined a hand around hers.

 

     The table then broke out into their own conversations as the creme brûlée made its way to the table, along with the cocktails. 

 

     Ron and Hermione caught Harry up on everything he had missed at work the past week, causing him to laugh when he heard all the horrible things Mackenzie had done in the past seven days. 

 

    George was whispering quietly with Daphne, causing her to blush more than once, Hermione wondered if they would end up going home together again. 

 

    Draco, Ginny and Angelina were arguing over some quidditch game that had been unfairly called on as Theo fought for Angelina's attention and Pansy and Neville were moving over to where the cats were napping on the couch. 

 

   •

 

    Eventually, everyone migrated to the living room and the music got louder as the drinks flowed at a quicker pace. 

 

    Bottles sloshed their contents into tumblers, lyrics were getting screamed into the air and magical outbursts popped right and left as the night went on. 

 

    Hermione was talking animatedly with Ginny about her honeymoon, before Draco, Ron and Theo walked to the office together. 

 

    "Have you ever tried a cigar before?" Ginny asked her friend.

 

    "No... should we crash their man bonding session and try it?" Hermione giggled.

 

    "Yes!" She yelled, taking Hermione's hand and leading her to the office. 

 

     Draco pulled out three large Cuban cigars for him, Theo and Ron as they talked about work. 

 

    "I want to try!" Hermione said to her husband. Grasping the cigar from his hands.

 

    "Here." He smirked as he continued his conversation with Theo and Ron. 

 

    "... as I was saying, Wayguard is sending me to South America for 10 days at least..."

 

    Hermione choked as she inhaled the cigar, nearly coughing up her lung, Ginny winced as she watched the pathetic performance.

 

    "Wayguard is sending you?" Ron asked curiously. "Doesn't Chang usually supervise the curse breakers?" 

 

     "He insisted..." Draco shrugged as he took the cigar from Hermione's grasp. "Love, you're not supposed to inhale it..."   

 

     "Then what in Godricks name is the point..." she said, eager to turn the conversation away from Wayguard since Ron and Theo were both suspicious of him already.

 

      "It's about the flavour..." Draco murmured as he rubbed her back gently. 

 

      Theo then cut it again. "So... sorry— Wayguard is sending you even though he is not in charge of the project?" He questioned, looking nervously towards Hermione. 

 

     "Yes... that's what I just said..." Draco said with boredom as he passed his cigar to Ginny. "Don't breathe it in!" 

 

     "I won't make that mistake," Ginny said as she puffed on the cigar thoughtfully. "Just what I thought... I hate it..." she said definitively before heading back to the living room, dragging Hermione behind her.  

 

   Hermione glanced nervously back at her two friends talking with Draco, hoping to gods they wouldn't be stupid enough to say anything.

 

    The two girls then went to hang out with Angelina, who was now very tipsy and swaying to the music on her own. 

 

     "Hello Angelina," Ginny said as she plopped down next to her. 

 

      "Hello, Mrs. Potter! Congratulations by the way!" She said happily, she seemed a lot less prickly when she was drinking, Hermione noted. 

 

      The three girls casually caught up on the honeymoon before Theo sat next to Hermione and looked at her seriously. "So, Wayguard is sending your husband away? That's not weird at all." He whispered sarcastically. 

 

    "It's nothing..." she said, waving him off. 

 

    "No... it's not nothing sweetheart. He's being suspicious and neither Ron nor I like it. I can't even imagine what Draco would do if he found out about his strange attentions toward you."

 

    "Can you drop it please..." Hermione pleaded as she noticed Angelina looking at them funny.

 

    "I'm not going to drop it... but I will postpone it for now." He finished, glaring at his tumbler. 

 

     It was strange when Theo was serious, he was nearly always lighthearted and easygoing but he had his limits. He scowled before stalking off to hang out with Ron in the kitchen. 

 

    "I don't think I've ever seen Nott be serious before...." Angelina said thoughtfully. "I thought he was like George."

 

    "Have you ever actually had a conversation with him?" Ginny asked. 

 

     "He's asked me out about a dozen times, but I never really gave it much thought until now...." Angelina said as she sipped her cocktail again. 

 

    "Well you're missing out, he's fiercely loyal and one of the best people I know. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not indulging him..." Hermione said with raised brows, feeling protective over her friend. 

 

    "You know what? I think I'm going to do it..." Angelina finally said, sloshing her drink slightly. 

 

     The relief flooded over Hermione, as she watched the girl stand up and bravely walk over to Theo, whispering in his ear. 

 

    A grin formed from ear to ear as Theo gave Angelina a panty-melting grin, kissing her on the cheek and leaving her to go speak with George. 

 

    The girl needed a moment afterwards, swooning slightly in the process. Hermione figured she was not as resistant to his charms as she thought after all. 

 

   •

 

   Finally, the party began to dwindle, leaving only the Potter's and the Malfoy's left in the living room.

 

   As Ginny and Draco argued about something or another, Harry finally turned to Hermione. 

 

   "I know it's going to be hard for you, getting married without your parents there, so I wanted to offer to walk you down the aisle at your wedding if you want me..." he said with a small smile.

 

    "I would love that..." she said sweetly as she reached in for a hug. 

 

    "I'm sorry your parents couldn't see the man you become or the life you have lived." She said with a small tear as she nestled against him. 

 

    "Me too. I also hate having to watch Teddy grow up without his mother and father by his side, but at least Andromeda loves him. That will be more than I ever got." He said with a sigh. 

 

     They sat there in comfortable silence for a moment before a shooting pain struck Hermione's chest.

 

    "Fuck!!" She cried out as she fell to the ground on her hands and knees.

 

    Draco leapt over the coffee table with quick his quick reflexes and picked her up off the ground.

 

    "What's wrong!!!" He said as she clutched at her throat. 

 

    "I... I don't know." She wheezed as the pressure built in her chest, causing her to nearly lose her breath. 

 

    "Harry! Call a healer..." Draco ordered as calmly as he could manage. "NOW"

 

    Harry just stared in horror at Hermione before Ginny finally shouted the emergency Patronus from her wand out the window. 

 

    Within a few minutes, an emergency healer team was at the floo, carrying all sorts of magical equipment as she gasped, wide-eyed on the floor. 

 

    They cut her clothes from her body, checking all the diagnostics and setting her up to strange devices before started whispering amongst themselves. 

 

   "What is it??? Is she okay!!!" Draco shouted frantically as he held her head in his lap. His large hands were shaking as he stroked her hair while she winced.

 

    Suddenly, Hermione stopped gasping and clutching her chest. Finally moving up into Draco's arms as she breathed raggedly.

 

   "The diagnostic says nothing, apart from an abnormal amount of alcohol in her system... there's nothing wrong with her..." the healer said casually as they began packing their things again. 

 

   "She wasn't breathing!!! How can you say there is nothing wrong??" Draco said incredulously as he held her in his arms, grasping her tightly as she sobbed. 

 

   "Maybe it was a panic attack? Try some calming draught." The man said with a shrug as he headed out the fireplace.

 

    "What the fuck!" Harry said as he watched the healer's exchange glances and disappear into the flames.

 

    "Hermione! Are you okay?" Ginny cooed as she rubbed the witch's back who was still cradled in Draco's arms. 

 

    "I don't know..." she whispered against his chest. 

 

    "I think maybe it's time for us to say goodnight," Draco said shortly before getting off the floor with Hermione in his arms. Worry etching his face.

 

    "Okay, just promise you will call for us if something goes wrong!" Harry said reluctantly as he kissed Hermione on the forehead. "We can be here in 5 seconds."

 

    "Thanks, Potter. Goodnight." Draco said quietly as he focussed all his attention on Hermione again. 

 

    He brought her upstairs and tucked her into bed before leaning against the headboard and watching her sleep the rest of the night. 

 

    He cast at least 100 diagnostics on her by morning, surprising her when she woke up to a grid of her health looming above her head.

 

    "I'm fine Draco, the healer said that nothing is wrong... did you sleep at all last night?" She said as she got up to use the washroom. 

 

    "I can't sleep when I'm worried about you!" He said with an angry tone. Yawning fiercely as the sun peaked through the window. 

 

    "It could have just been a... pulled muscle or something, please, let's not ruin our last day together with this silly little hiccup. They said I'm fine and you checked the diagnostic yourself." She said from the bathroom. 

 

   "A pulled muscle shouldn't restrict your breathing like that..." Draco snapped as he crossed his arms and glared at the wall. 

 

    He then heard her open the door to the closet from the bathroom and rustle around for a moment. 

 

   "Are you going somewhere?" Draco said incredulously as he continued to sulk against the headboard. 

 

   She said nothing but instead came out of the closet doors in Slytherin green lace undergarments. 

 

   "No, but I might be cumming somewhere." She said with a wink as she walked towards him. "Why don't you let me show you how okay I am...." she said as she lowered herself against his chest, kissing him softly as she slipped a hand down his sweat pants.

 

    "Don't think I've forgotten just because it's hard for you." He said menacingly as he tried to ignore her touch. 

 

    "Acknowledged..." she murmured against his neck as she melted into him, pumping his soft member with her one hand and forcing his arms around her with the other.

 

     "Hold me Draco." She whined against his lips as he reluctantly reciprocated. 

 

     She thrust her apex against Draco's as she slowly felt her way up to his hard stomach and then grasped his dishevelled hair.

 

     "Touch me..." she dared while she met his heated gaze with her own. "Don't make me beg for it."

 

     "Where do you want me to touch you?" He taunted as he slowly became more and more intoxicated by her pleasures sighs. 

 

     "You know what?" She whispered as she stepped off of him. "I'm not really in the mood anymore..." 

 

      Draco's eyes darkened as she began to leave the bed, he knew what she was doing but he didn't care, there was no going back now.

 

     "To hell, you aren't." Draco snapped, flipping her on her back and crushing her into the bed.

Notes:

Sorry if this one is a little dizzy. Writing group events is annoyingly hard hahaha.

Chapter 21: Displaced

Summary:

Draco leaves and Ron and Theo worry for Hermione.

Chapter Text

    Hermione and Draco clutched each other as he stood at the floo, suitcase in hand. 

 

   "Owl me every day, all day." He whispered against her hair as he memorized the feeling of her for the thousandth time. 

 

    "I will..." she whimpered, trying her hardest not to cry but failing miserably.

 

     "Could you make this any harder, can't you wear something less sexy next time I have to say goodbye to you?" He chuckled heartbrokenly as he looked her over one last time. 

 

      "I'm just wearing a ratty old shirt..." she laughed, sniffling slightly as she finally let him go. 

 

     "I forgot... you look sexy in everything." He murmured as he gave her a heart-melting kiss that lasted mere seconds, but managed to stop time itself from moving forward. 

 

    His soft lips ran along with her own as he clenched his fist in her hair, swirling his tongue around hers until she found herself pressed against the wall. 

 

     He finally pulled back and sighed as he looked her over one last time. 

 

     "It's now or never love. I'll come back to you as soon as I can." He said before kissing her forehead and disappearing into the flames. 

 

     Her heart stopped right there. She slumped against the wall and balled her fists tightly, trying to control her frantic heart as she felt the loss of his presence radiate through her.  

 

     Once she finally made it off the floor, she took a calming draft and waited for it to settle before she went to work. 

 

  

 

       Hermione walked to the offices of the Auror department and met up with Harry, Dean and Ron as they waited for their daily briefing.

 

       Today they would meet the rest of the rookies that had been training with other Auror's. They also would be receiving some minor caseloads along with their own offices— which were actually a tight maze of black cubicles within the department. 

 

     Harry and Hermione were official partners now and they would be doing a few cases with whichever Auror was on duty, learning the ropes of different types of assignments over the next few months until they could finally be approved for solo missions. 

 

    After they got settled at their desks, everyone was shuffled to the waiting room with the glowing orb to wait for a call. 

 

    They were assigned to an older Auror, who like Mackenzie, didn't seem all that eager to be training them. 

 

   "Hello, I'm Auror Toffinton... I've heard about you two from Mackenzie and I will have you know, there will be no interfering with this call unless I say so. You are still only here to watch... got that Granger?" 

 

    Harry gave her a sympathetic look as she slowly nodded her head, staring down at her feet in embarrassment. 

 

    "And you!" The man said with a growl. "You fought bravely in the war, but the same goes to you, there will be no hero complexes allowed during this task... both of you will do EXACTLY as I say!" 

 

     Harry steeled himself and nodded before the orb flashed red, signalling that it was time to go. 

   •

 

     Once they were back from the mission, Hermione was told to take Harry down to the Pensive room to show him how to document the memories from the scene— for he had missed it while on his honeymoon. 

 

    "I thought for sure he was dead! How is he supposed to tell us what to do when he isn't moving or breathing?" Harry vented as he angrily stomped beside her. 

 

    "The egos of these Aurors are incredibly inflated. I would have done the same thing if I hadn't known better by now." She said softly as she patted his shoulder. "We just have to do as we are told and try to follow their rules, as unnatural for us as it may be..." 

 

    "Yeah... right..." 

 

     Harry and Hermione transcribed all the information quickly and effectively before it was time for their break. 

 

    "Shall we have lunch together?" Hermione asked as they walked back up to the main floor. 

 

    "I'm meeting Ginny! But tomorrow I would love to!" He said as he walked her to the cafeteria. Itching his scar furiously as he stood at the entrance. 

 

    "Did that criminal throw dark magic at you or something?" She asked nervously, noticing action. "Maybe you should go to the hospital wing?" 

 

    "No he didn't, I watched the memory a dozen times..." he said as he scuffed his hair to the front, leaving it even messier than before. "Okay, I'm off. See you after lunch."

 

    She joined the line of ministry employees as she tried to make the sick and empty feeling go away. She barely ate when Draco was gone but knew she had to keep her head level if she wanted to make it through the week. 

 

    Picking a small portion of stew, she found a small secluded spot by the corner and tried to wrestle down a potato. She started gulping down some water down to help her swallow, but the lump in her stomach was making it difficult. 

 

     Suddenly she felt goosebumps running down her spine as she saw a shadow creep beside her. 

 

    "Hello." A hauntingly familiar voice said, causing her to feel like gaging as she looked up into the wizard's eyes.

 

    "Damian..." she greeted as she squirmed in her seat. 

 

    "How are you doing on this beautiful September morning?" He said, searching her face and smiling eerily at her.

 

    "Fine..." she ground out to the older wizard. Intentionally not repeating his question back to him and lazily taking another bite of her stew. 

 

    "I hear Draco has gone to South America today, I think this will be an excellent contribution to his education as a curse breaker. Don't you agree?" He said, purposely veiling his expression with a look of curiously as he watched her reaction. 

 

    "I'm sure it will..." she said with a forced politeness that bordered on defensive. 

 

     He heard he was going to South America? He had sent him there. She felt like he was toying with her in some strange way. 

 

     "I forgot to congratulate you on the engagement... I hope you are... eternally happy." He said silkily as he stepped closer to her.

 

    "Hey Hermione!"

 

     Ron's voice came out from behind Damian, then the redhead plunked next to Hermione, wrapping an arm around her protectively and leering at the man. "What are we talking about?" He said as he ate a peice of meat from her plate.

 

    "Just... catching up..." Wayguard said before glancing at Hermione again.

 

    "Hermione..." he said as a goodbye as he left them. 

 

    Ron's expression changed as he watched the man disappear. 

 

    "What was he saying to you?" He said with worry as he searched her brown eyes with his.

 

     "Nothing... he was just congratulating me on my engagement..." she scoffed. She didn't need to be saved, and Wayguard was an asshole but he wasn't any worse than any of the Death eaters she had come into contact with over the last few years. 

 

     "Well I don't like it, I think you should tell Draco, maybe we can go to Shaklebokt or someth—"

 

    "No Ron!" She scowled. "Draco would lose his mind and Wayguard is Shaklebolts right hand men. He fought in the war for goodness sake. Just leave it alone please!" She said slumping into her chair and pushing her food away. 

 

    The encounter with Damian had left her reeling but she didn't want Ron acting rashly. So she attempted to play it off. 

 

    "I will... for now. But if he says anything! Tell me or even Theo. Harry might want to be in the loop as well." He finally said after a moment. 

 

     "Don't tell Harry! Please! He's had enough worries in his life!" She whisper shouted.

 

      "Fine then..." Ron said angrily as he got up to leave. 

 

      Hermione felt bad for a moment when she thought Ron left out of anger. But he appeared a few minutes later with a massive plate of stew and began eating beside her.

 

     "So... what did Harry do to piss off Toffinton?" He said with a smirk. 

 

      She was relieved to change the subject. 

 

     •

 

     Hermione and Harry finished the day with another stint alongside Auror Toffinton. This time a wizard had drunkenly stumbled into a muggle pub, dressed in nothing but a burlap sack and charmed the beer to float in a large bubble over the patrons heads before soaking them all with the malty substance.  

 

    It was messy and taxing on Hermione. Doing the obliviation charm over and over again put her in an even worse mood than she already was too. 

 

    Harry sensed her discomfort as she obliviated a women who was the same age Hermione's mother had been and took over for her shortly after. 

 

    •

 

    Hermione came through the floo and glanced at her kittens that were in their cat home beside the stairs, she walked over and rested against the metal winding staircase as she scratched Ollies ears. 

 

   "Well, you two. Looks like it's just us for a little while..."

 

     She went upstairs to the closet and pealed off her Robes that smelled like beer, then took a scaldingly got shower before getting into her comfiest Pyjamas she owned and slumping onto the couch. 

 

     'TAP'

 

   She heard the post owl at the window and ran to the window as ran, flinging herself at the terrified owl that squawked in surprise as she hurried to untangle the knot. 

 

    "Sorry..." she muttered half as she freed the letter from Draco. 

 

 —-

H

 

  I hate missing you. There is nothing that I would rather be doing than to simply be holding you in my arms right now. 

 

   We went into an ancient cave system today and nearly got hit by a poisonous dart from a stray pigmy but other than that, the recovery of the cursed artifacts have been running smoothly. 

 

   My mind strays to you every second of every minute though. I am counting the seconds until I can return to you. You might want to prepare yourself for that day... I can't promise to be gentle. 

 

    There are 864000 seconds in 10 days... that's all I am prepared to wait for, any more will send me into insanity I'm sure of it. 

 

    I love you more than a soulbond could conjure. This is all of me. 

 

   Missing all of you. 

 

D

—-

 

   Hermione walked to the office to write a love letter of her own before sending the owl off with a few healthy treats for another long journey. He would be getting a lot of exercise over the next 10 days, so she wrote a side note to Draco to allow him rest before sending him off again. 

 

    Once the owl was gone, she rested exhaustedly on the couch, summoning the comforter and the two books she had been meaning to read—'The Power of Wandless Magic' and the book Henry had given them in their outing two days prior 'Tortured Souls'.

 

    She cringed at the ominous name...

 

    Hermione scoured the Wandless magic guide first, reading it in nearly an hour, absorbing it front to back in hopes that she could account for Draco's outburst the other day, but it was so rare... they barely covered the topic. 

 

  It was more a how-to-guide rather than descriptions. Although it did confirm that Draco's performance was exceptional.  

 

    Sighing in slight frustration, she decided to try wandless magic on something to see how well she could do it naturally, managing to pick up small objects such as books and plates. She had done similar magic when she was upset or heightened but when it came to moving larger objects, such as a table or a chair— she couldn't even budge it. 

 

    At one point she even attempted to anger herself by giving her arm a sharp pinch, but the level of magic stayed the same...

 

    She finally grew bored of her attempts and her mind drifted to the other book on the table. 

 

  She opened the yellowing pages and began to read the feint grey writing. 

 

  It was hand written and in old English- making it slightly difficult to read. The first chapter detailed an old Nordic curse that had been used to sever the bond between two soulmates. It was used when when two magical  persons were not permitted to be together, usually causing death to occur between one or both of the parties after the separation. 

 

 

    The second was a Chinese method of removing the bond from a pair that had been strengthened through forced separation and delayed marriage. Once the ceremony was complete, the bond was cut out and transplanted into a new pair, who would then receive the heightened powers. It was the only known method of transforming a muggle to a witch or wizard also. 

 

   She was just about to get into the third chapter which was about transforming the bond to matter when she heard a whoosh from the fireplace. 

 

    "Hello Princess!" Theo said with a chipper voice as he came waltzing over to the couch in his pyjamas, carrying a large blanket. 

 

     "What are you doing here?" She said in surprise. 

 

     "Draco asked me to stay with you... he said there was an episode the other night and wanted to make sure you weren't alone." He smiled as he grabbed one of the books off the table. 

 

    "Tortured Souls? A bit of light reading I see?" He snickered as he flung the book back on the table lazily. 

 

    "Don't throw it Theo! It's old! Also I don't need a babysitter— didn't you and Angelina have a date tonight?" She said cooly.

 

    "We did, but I think she will like me more if I play hard to get! Plus we never hang out!" He said sarcastically. 

 

   That was a lie, since Theo practically lived there part time but she ignored it and went to the fridge to make them both a snack anyways. 

 

    Theo followed her and sat atop the kitchen counter, watching her carefully as she brought out some Brie cheese, preserves and crackers. 

 

    "What are you plotting..." she said curiously as she tried to boil some water with her mind. 

 

    "Ronald and I had a few pints after he got off work..." he said carefully. 

 

     "Oh?" She said, feeling her annoyance fuel the magic slightly. 

 

      "Is there anything you want to tell me?" He badgered as he chewed a piece of cheese.

 

      "Is there anything you already know and would like to discuss?" She chirped. Voice getting higher as the water simmered slightly.

 

     "You know, Ron is a good friend, but he's entirely too Gryffindor. I know Damian Wayguard didn't come over to wish you congratulations on your engagement, I'm sure there was a lot more going on that you don't feel like discussing..." 

 

    "Can you stop monitoring me!!?" Hermione snapped as the water came to an immediate boil, causing the whistle to blow off in alignment with her frustration. 

 

    "Well... that answers that question." Theo said as he grabbed the plate and walked over to the couch. 

 

     "It's nothing I can't handle Theo, just stay out of it..." she snarked as she wrapped her arms around her legs and sat next to him on the couch, still clad in her oversized sweatpants and sweatshirt. 

 

    "Why are you being such a bitch!!" Theo said as he summoned a bottle of whiskey and glasses with his wand.

 

     "Because if I tell you, you will go running straight to Ron or Draco." She said as she used her wandless magic again to try and pour the whiskey into the glass as it hovered in the air, spilling it a few times before finally getting it into the glass. 

 

    "Do you want me to swear that I won't?" Theo said with a raised brow as he watched her concentrating on the glass infront of her. 

 

    "Yes..." she said in a muffled voice as she rested her mouth against her knees, still wrapped in a tight ball. 

 

     "Fine then..." he said as he crossed his wand over his heart. "I swear I will not say anything to anyone if you tell me." 

 

     Hermione sighed and took a gulp of whiskey before she went into detail about her new encounter with Wayguard. Giving him the full conversation and then the strange undertones she had picked up on. 

 

     Theo listened as she go it all out. Absorbing every word thoughtfully as she laid it out for him. 

 

     "I don't like it... I don't like it..." he repeated, scruffing his brown curly hair as he contemplated everything. "Okay... everyday after work can you promise me that you will let Dean, Harry or Ron escort you home? I think it would be best if you don't eat lunch alone again either or go on any outings. That man is up to something and Draco will kill me if anything happens to you." 

 

     She nodded as she took another sip of whiskey. But was surprised when it was ripped from her grasp. 

 

    "Also, Draco informed me to make sure you are drinking lots of water and eating lots of food!" Theo grinned as he shoved a glass of water into her hands.

 

    "Gods he is so annoying... but I miss him already..." she sighed as she gulped down the water and took a few crackers.

 

  

 

    Once 3 am came around. Theo awoke to a pained screaming coming from Hermione on the other couch. 

 

    Hermione was thrashing, caught in the comforter as she struggled to get free, falling to the floor in a lump as she cried out. "DRACO! NOOO!" 

 

    "Hermione!!" Theo said as he rushed over and tried to wake her up. "What's wrong!" 

 

      Hermione woke, looking frantic as her hair bulged out of its messy bun. "Is he okay? Where is he!" She said with tears streaming down her face.

 

     "Draco's in South America... he's fine. He sent me an owl after you passed out. He's fine!" 

 

     He tiredly went to the potion cupboard and grasped a bottle of dreamless sleep, passing it to her as he helped her back onto her couch. 

 

    "You nearly scared poor Ollie to death!" He chuckled as he watched her come back to reality slowly. "What were you dreaming about?" 

 

    "Snapping... it was dark and Draco was gone and there was this awful snapping." She said slowly as she took the potion in her hands.

 

    "Go back to sleep princess... everything is fine!" He said reassuringly as he tucked her back in. 

 

   He then grabbed Ollie and Bijou and positioned them so that one was by her head and one was nestled in her arms. 

 

    She had been so out of it, that she was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly... but Theo could not. 

 

    He got up and put protective wards around the loft before he was finally able to relax and lay back down, feeling rather unsettled as he tried to shut his eyes.

Chapter 22: Strawberry Chocolate (Explicit)

Summary:

Cake + Smut. Then cue protective Draco!!

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

   Hermione found herself surrounded by friends.... all the time. 

 

   Ron wouldn't let her eat lunch alone anymore and Theo stayed over almost every night unless he had business with his estate, in which case she would stay with The Potters. 

 

   She wrote to Draco constantly as the days progressed, telling him about her nightmares, the cases she worked on and what book she was reading. 

 

   The couple were also beginning to work out some details of their upcoming wedding as they corresponded. Most of the particulars were already taken care of (thanks to Narcissa's wedding planner) but there was still lots to do. 

 

    Hermione had brought over her stylist (Violetta) to her loft to work out the dress design over tea and biscuits, giving her Draco's measurements and preferences also.

 

    She struggled with the strain of the bond but managed to keep her head above water as she busied herself with work and friends. 

 

    Katya was fed little bits of information along the way to keep her satisfied with their upcoming nuptials, but was still annoying Hermione about going public with the secret marriage- which she wouldn't allow. 

 

   Wayguard hadn't shown his face again since their brief interaction in the cafeteria and Hermione was grateful for that, but she still wouldn't let her guard down. 

 

  

 

    Wednesday night finally came around and Draco appeared from his long journey at the Ministry, he hid in a dark corridor waiting to surprise Hermione as she came out of the elevator his heart raced once he finally saw his little witch walking with Ron down the hall- engaged in a serious conversation. 

 

   He casually slipped out of the shadows and rested against the wall, waiting for her to notice him, taking her in her slightly gaunt appearance. She didn't notice him right away... for her and Ron appeared to be having some kind of argument but eventually she stopped talking and her expression changed. 

 

   Draco noticed her stop and look around— she could always feel him before she could see him— and they locked eyes.

 

   Ron didn't smile, but rather, grimaced slightly as he looked over at Draco, which was odd, but the former Slytherin barely noticed as he scooped his wife into his arms and held on to her tightly. 

 

   "Gods I missed you." He strained as her arms wound around his neck tightly. 

 

    "I'm so happy your back!" She whispered as he stroked her braids softly with the back of his fingers. 

 

    "I'll uh... see you guys later!" Ron said as he waved to Draco and then disappeared into the floo. 

 

    "What's his problem?" Draco asked, noticing a slight movement of Hermione's brow. 

 

    "Nothing important. I can't wait to get you home, I have a surprise for you!" She said excitedly as she led him through the green flames. 

 

   Once through the barrier, she vanished their clothes and mauled him. Trying to push him towards the stairs but not making it last the first step. 

 

   She rode him hard against the cold metal as she whispered sweet nothings in his ear, tugging at his lobe with her teeth and nibbling her way down his neck. 

 

   They were both ravenous for each over, fucking furiously as they satiated their bond. 

 

   Draco came hard as she clenched around him. He grasped her neck possessively as she held on tight to his large wrists, her cheeks filling with colour before slowly fading again.

 

   "Was that the surprise?" He chuckled at her. 

 

    "I've forgotten..." she sighed as he descended upon her clit and wore her pretty little legs around his neck like the Golden jewelry she was. 

 

  He couldn't resist pinching her rose-coloured nipple as his mind repeated one word over and over again as if it was ricocheting inside his skull. 

 

   Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. 

 

   He continued to beat her clit beneath his hot mouth, feeling her hands grasping at his hair automatically as he went until he felt her thighs clench around his face. 

 

   She squeezed them tight as her crescendo overwhelmed her, and she lost total control once he finally brought her to the peak. 

 

    "I love you. I love you. I love you." She said breathlessly as she pushed him underneath her once more and kissed him stupid. 

 

   She finally got her fill of his lips against hers and then rested against his chest, wrapping herself tightly around him once more. 

 

   He felt better than he had in days and absorbed every second of her touch. 

 

   "Mrs. Malfoy, you have no idea...." he whispered as he picked her up and shuffled her to the kitchen counter. 

 

    He inspected her from head to toe... looking for any signs of dehydration or malnourishment and cast a complex diagnostic over her. She chuckled as he furrowed his brow to read the results.

 

     Finally she battled his wand down and grasped his face with her hands. 

 

     "I'm fine Draco." She reassured, he took a one of her hands in his and gently swiped a finger over her wedding ring before landing a soft kiss to her palm.

 

     "Actually you're slightly dehydrated and low on iron... we are having steak and water tonight..." he said with a lopsided grin as he rested his hips between her legs and pressed her back to arch against him.

 

    "Oh right... my surprise." She smiled as she pointed to the fridge behind him.

 

     Draco reluctantly let her go and turned in time to see the cooler door open. Four little cakes floated out, plopped themselves beside Hermione as she wandlessly arranged them in colour order.

 

    "Practicing wandless magic I see?" Draco said, impressed by her deftness with the skill already. 

 

    "In case you didn't already know... I'm rather competitive..." Hermione said with a gleam in her eye. "I probably won't stop until I can throw you onto the bed without a wand." She said cheekily. 

 

   "Well I only did that once, I don't know if I could do it again." He admitted as he looked over at the cakes. "So... are these the choices for our wedding?"

 

   She nodded excitedly as she watched him appraise their decoration. 

 

   He surprised her when he took a finger and poked the bright red cake, smearing the frosting down her throat. He kissed it off with his warm wet tongue, trying to determine the flavour while his blood was draining from his brain and flowing down south. 

 

   "Red velvet... daring, dangerous." He said as he finished the last scrap of icing off her skin. 

 

    The white cake was next, he dipped a finger into it again and then smeared it along her nipples, nibbling at them slightly as he tasted the sugar. 

 

   "Lemon... refreshing, light," he whispered into her hardening peaks, causing her head to dip back against her will. 

 

    He then stuck a finger into the chocolate cake, swiping it over her stomach before lowering down to taste her skin mixed with the dessert. 

 

   "Dark chocolate... sexy, seductive." 

 

    He watched her cheeks flush and her lips twitch the lower he licked. 

 

    The last cake was light pink and he smeared it down her folds as he looked up at her through his dark lashes. 

 

   "My personal favourite... strawberry..." he licked up her slit and caused her back to arch even more as she squirmed against his tightening grasp. 

 

    "Juicy, sweet, addictive..." he went in again, feeling the sticky icing get all over his hair and face while she screamed in pleasure under his tongue. 

 

   "Draco! Fuck please make me cum! Please!" She groaned as he lapped her up, cleaning every inch of her thighs and clit with his wriggling tongue. 

 

    "It would be my pleasure." He said as he sucked on her sensitive spots and shoved a finger into her wet channel. 

 

    She didn't last long after that. Hermione was pulling his hair so hard he could barely catch a breath as he worshiped her. He polished her clean until she was shining with sweat. 

 

   Her skin glistened in the evening sunlight as he kissed her into another glorious orgasm that nearly ripped his eardrums apart. 

 

    She was usually tired after having three orgasms in a row but much to Draco's surprise she still had some fight left in her. 

 

    Pushing him off of her, she turned him to face the counter as she smeared the chocolate frosting right between his lower cheeks. Lapping at his hole while she covered his cock in frosting from tip to base with her hand. 

 

    He groaned in pleasure as she teased his sphincter with her tongue. Slowly sliding it in just a little bit... before pulling it back out again. 

 

   His boner raged with lust as he watched her chocolate-covered face appear in front of him and begin to tease and track the large vein under his shaft with her tongue. 

 

    "I suppose I've always been more of a chocolate girl myself... but I wonder what the two flavours could be like... together..." she smirked as she took large handfuls of both and smeared them messily all over his cock, savagely licking them off as she tasted the sweet flavours mix. 

 

    She licked every last inch of frosting from his throbbing member as he clutched the side of the counter with pale knuckles. 

 

   "Chocolate strawberry it is..." He gasped as she sucked him off expertly with the back of her throat. 

 

    She nodded at him while she continued to bob her head, causing him to cum suddenly into her mouth as he clutched her little braids.

 

    "How can someone so small, take something so big?" He laughed as he jerked in pleasure over and over, spilling into her throat. 

 

     "Did you forget I was made for you Draco?" She said with a smirk as she led him upstairs to the shower. 

 

    

 

    Draco laid in bed with Hermione sleeping on top of him for nearly four hours. He had been corresponding with Theo and worried about her nightmares that were so frequent when he was away. 

 

   Her little episode worried him too as he stroked her hair and gently and touched every patch of skin that wasn't already pressed against him.

 

    She looked so worried in her sleep, clutching him like he was going to disappear from her again while she dreamed. He whispered protective promises into her ear as she slept soundly through the night until he finally fell asleep too. 

 

 

 

    The next morning Hermione and Draco got ready for work, heading down to the kitchen to grab a quick croissant before Ron came through the floo. 

 

   "Hey, guys!" He said as he came in to grab a pastry. "Let's go, Hermione, we need to get an early start! He said with a mouthful of food as he pushed her toward the floo. 

 

   "Okay okay! I'm coming!" she said as Draco followed them and gave her a quick kiss goodbye.

 

   "I'll see you later tonight!" Hermione said quickly, disappearing next to Ron. 

 

  "Bye..." he said to the air as he contemplated the situation. 

 

    Both Ron and Theo had a secret that they were harbouring... that much was clear. But he was sure that if it was important, Theo would have told him by now...

 

   

 

   "What was that!" Hermione shouted as she and Ron came through the network. "You realize Draco is back and will think it's weird if you escort me back and forth to work every day. 

 

    "Then tell him why... because I'm not stopping." He said with his arms crossed as they went into the elevator.

 

    She silenced the space between them and have him a tired look. 

 

   "Ron... nothing is going to happen to me. Wayguard has backed off and Draco is back in town. I'm safe."

 

   "I'll meet you at the elevators instead then... but that is as far as it goes..." Ron said as he un-silenced them and began talking about work-related subjects to maintain appearances. 

 

    She ignored him as he went on about his shift with Dean the day before... so was caught off guard when Ron grasped her wrist and led her to the Auror department roughly. 

 

    He was clearly angry with her for not telling Draco and Harry about Wayguard.

 

 

 

    During lunch... Ron got a patronus from Dean and had to leave Hermione by herself. 

 

    "Go back to the office right after your finished!" He said with a warning as he reluctantly ran off. 

 

     She scoffed and then got up and headed to the loo before she did as she was told. 

 

    She did her business and was about to exit the stall before it happened...

 

    She couldn't even speak as the pain lanced through her body, causing her to gasp for air as she trembled from the lack of oxygen and inability to take a breath. 

 

    The episode was hitting her like a stampede of centaurs. 

 

   Knowing full well what would happen if she went to Draco, she decided to sit against the wall and wait it out— as torturous as it was. 

 

   Although oxygen wasn't satisfying, she forced it back anyways, nearly blacking out in the process from the sheer energy it took to move her rib cage. 

 

    'Breathe. Breathe. Breath.' She willed, but it was no use, she began to lose consciousness while everything grew dark around her. 

 

   •

 

    "Hermione?" Harry's voice called out to her.

 

     She opened her lids and saw Harry's green eyes searching her face with concern. 

 

     "Harry... what are you doing in here?" She said in surprise. 

 

     She looked around and realized she was still on the bathroom floor of the washroom.

 

    "Well, when you didn't come from lunch I used my DA coin to find you. Draco's on his way, I already sent him a Patronus." 

 

    "Harry!! Why would you do that?? Now he's going to worry!" She whined as her best friend ran a diagnostic on her.

 

     Suddenly the door to the washroom banged open, causing a few startled gasps from the witches using the sinks as Draco barrelled inside. 

 

     "WHERE IS SHE?" He yelled into the large stalled room. 

 

     "We are in here," Harry replied, annoyance drifting along the edge of his tone from the dramatics. 

 

     "I told you..." she scathed as she heard he stomping off dragon hide boots. 

 

     "Well he has a right to worry..." Harry said angrily as he continued to check her. 

 

      Draco opened the last stall where they were and his intense silver eyes descended on her as he took in her body crumpled on the floor. 

 

     The witches behind him swooned as they watched his tall frame lower and scoop Hermione into his arms, but he paid them no mind. 

 

     "What happened!!" he said angrily to Harry as he looked her over for injury. 

 

      "I don't know I just found her here," Harry said with concern. 

 

     "I'm fine... Harry did a diagnostic, I'm fine." She whispered as she tried to squirm out of Draco's grasp. He ignored her though, simply holding her tighter as she tried to get down. 

 

     "Ron said he left early on a call... so she could have been in here for at least half an hour," Harry said, dismissing her objections. 

 

     "Did you have another episode?" Draco prodded his wife. 

 

     "No..." she lied... wishing for the conversation to end so that the growing number of people watching them would not be privy to her private affairs. 

 

     "Don't try and lie to me... I know better than that." Draco said rolling his eyes and carting her off. 

 

     "Can you please put me down!! I'm fine to walk thank you very much!" Hermione whispered- shouted as Draco hurried down the corridor. 

 

    "There's not a chance in hell," Draco said, not looking at her as he easily carried her to the floo. "We are going to St.Mungos." 

 

   •

 

     Draco paced the waiting room of the large Wizard hospital while Harry sat staring at a wall contemplatively. 

 

    Both men had left work without word when they saw the state Hermione was in.

 

    "Did you hear that the floor we found Hermione on was out of commission due to Peruvian instant darkness powder?" Harry asked slowly. 

 

    "What do you mean..." Draco said, stopping and staring at the former Gryffindor. 

 

    "That bathroom was out of order for half an hour before people were let back in... so she was in there for at least that long..." 

 

     Draco froze, absorbing the information as he stared. 

 

    "If anyone so much as touched a hair on her head, I will Avada them without a second thought," Draco seared as he ran both fingers through his blonde hair.    

 

     He looked very much like a dark wizard in his full Curse Breaking robes. 

 

     "I'd be right behind you on that one." Harry said protectively as he considered a thousand things that could have happened to his best friend while she was in the bathroom alone. 

 

     "That's it... I'm going in!!" Draco said as he rushed past the blubbering receptionist and down the long hall. 

 

    Harry clambered after him apologizing perfusly to the witch, but also ignoring her calls for them to stop. 

 

    Draco seemed to know where he was going, so Harry raced after him as he strode down the hallway purposefully. 

 

    He followed the blonde wizard through a maze of hallways, turning left and right endlessly until they reached a door that the wizard seemed confident she was behind. 

 

    "Draco?" Daphne said, appearing out of nowhere. "You're not supposed to be here..."

 

    "Try and stop me..." Draco said ominously as he turned the handle. 

 

     His whole body shook with what appeared to be a current of electricity upon the contact. 

 

     "It's charmed to ward off unauthorized visitors..." Daphne said, rolling her eyes as she whipped out a wand to stop the effects. "You could have just asked nicely..."

 

    "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M IN THE MOOD TO FUCK AROUND?" Draco shouted, he appeared unaffected by the painful jolt he had just experienced, clearly Hermione was the one thought on his mind. 

 

     "Can you stop yelling at me and calm the fuck down. Hermione is okay, she's just dehydrated." Daphne scathed as she floated a magical clipboard off the wall into her hands. 

 

      "That's bullshit." He said slowly as he tried the knob again. 

 

      "Look at the charts yourself!! If you even know how to read them." She retorted as she passed him the clipboard. 

 

      Harry watched as Draco absorbed the report in his hands, turning it over to see if anything was logged on the other side. He knew Draco had learned a fair amount about diagnostics and charts after Hermione's nightshade accident during school, he had been about this frantic during that time as well. 

 

     "There's something wrong... I know it." Draco reiterated as he tossed the clipboard back to Daphne and motioned for her to unlock the door. 

 

     "Let me in...please." He sneered. 

 

     "Only because you asked so nicely..." she sniped back, using her wand to whip the door open.

 

      Hermione was sitting in a bed, arms crossed... and she positively glowered at them both.

 

     "You two are the most aggravating, insufferable and overbearing arses I've ever known." She spat as she gave them her classic Hermione attitude. "I'm fine! I told you I'm fine, Daphne told you I'm fine and the Healer told me I'm fine!!" She said getting off the squeaky mattress and trying to walk past them. 

 

    "Just where do you think you're going?" Draco yelled after her as he followed her down the corridor. 

 

    Harry was just as mad as Draco was, but he certainly feared Hermione more. So he hung back and watched them bicker back and forth rather than get involved. 

 

    "You had an episode... and rather than coming to find me or Harry, you go to the washroom by yourself? What were you thinking!!" Draco demanded as he cornered her into the wall. 

 

   "I was thinking that you two would overreact and that I would end up in St. Mungos again for no reason!!" She screeched, pushing his arm away so she could get past. 

 

    Harry finally felt like it was time to step in. "Hermione listen! Someone cast Peruvian Darkness Powder Powder in front of the woman's washroom right after you entered... do you remember anything about it?" 

 

    She halted in her tracks. Her eyes widening slightly... and she paused before her expression glazed over again. 

 

   "I'm sure it was just a junior employee messing around." She said quietly as she dismissed the comment and then tried to walk forward again. 

 

    Draco huffed and followed right after her, spinning her around and putting his hands on her shoulders aggressively so that they were eye to eye. 

 

   "You're my witch... and I know bloody well when you are hiding something from me... tell me now before I..."

 

    "Before you WHAT!!" She warned... her magic tingling from her fingers. 

 

    "Before I make you." He said in a solemn promise, not breaking the eye contact. 

 

      But she was too quick for him. She moved out of his grasp and disapparated from the spot before he could catch her. 

 

     "Well, that was disastrous...." Harry said as he scratched his head in astonishment. Draco certainly would have made a great interrogation auror if he hadn't of been a curse breaker. 

 

      Draco glared at Harry momentarily before he disapparated after her.

Notes:

Sorry if things got intense there for a moment... 😳.

Chapter 23: Truth (Explicit)

Summary:

Heads up! I just posted two chapters in a row and this is the second one! So turn back a page if you ended up here.

*Tw for dubious consent.*

Soft Draco cannot be found here.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

   Hermione apparated to her apartment, where she ran to the couch and screamed into a pillow furiously. 

 

   She knew that telling Draco about Wayguard was a dangerous thing to do, but he suspected her already and she couldn't think of an excuse to detour his mind from it now. 

 

    Her thoughts were jumbled in her mind as she calculated exactly how she was going to proceed...  when Draco came through the floo. 

 

    He looked furious. 

 

    Her husband said nothing as he walked into the living room and sent a Patronus out, staring her down the whole time. 

 

    She stared right back at him, chest still heaving from their fight not five minutes before, daring him to yell at her again. 

 

    Before anything was said though, Theo came through the floo, stopping dead in his tracks when he sensed the energy in the room. 

 

     Draco sat down on the couch opposite Hermione and motioned for his best friend to sit with them, wordlessly. 

 

     Theo slowly walked toward the couch, looking to Hermione for answers but she stayed stubbornly quiet...

 

     Once he was carefully seated, Draco finally began to speak...

 

    "So... I've had the suspicion for a while that there is something I don't know. I noticed it first a few weeks back when I mentioned Wayguard to Hermione before I left... I also noticed it when I brought up my trip to South America at our dinner party. It was small, but you two and Ron shared a significant look when I mentioned he was sending me, which made me realize you were all in on it." 

 

    Theo stared at the ground, looking exceptionally guilty as he waited for someone else to speak. 

 

    "Who would like to start?" Draco said lazily as he crossed his legs and waited. 

 

    "Please Hermione..." Theo begged. 

 

     She didn't want to say anything, but this situation was excruciating. Draco already had them both right where he wanted them. 

 

    "Don't blame Theo, I made him cross his heart..." Hermione murmured. 

 

     Draco glared at his friend, who looked sheepishly back at him before he turned his attention to Hermione again, raising a brow for her to speak. 

 

    "Wayguard... he finds me a lot." She started.

 

    "He... finds you?" Draco said strangely as his fists clenched beside him.

 

    "It was harmless enough at first, but then it became..." 

 

     "HE'S A CREEP!" Theo burst out. Finally freed from his promise at her admission. "He's always finding her alone and there is always an undertone of something dark lurking underneath everything he says... he's dangerous, I'm sure of it! I made Ron walk her to work every day after he intercepted his last conversation with her, but I don't like it!"

 

     Draco got up and began walking toward the floo before Hermione jumped up and stopped him. 

 

     "Don't Draco!! He hasn't done anything technically! You can't go barrelling into his office, you could end up in Azkaban." 

 

    "What if he's the one causing your nightmares? What if these episodes are because of something he's doing? WHAT IF HE DID SOMETHING TO YOU AT THE MINISTRY?" He shouted at her, grasping her wrists like a lifeline. "I'm the one who protects you, not Ron, not Theo... me. If something were to happen to you I could never forgive myself ever." 

 

    "And I will never forgive myself if you go to prison!!!" Hermione screamed as she tried to hold him back from the hearth. 

 

    "Draco! This is why she didn't want to tell you! Please be reasonable!" Theo begged as he came to hold his best friend back. 

 

     "YOU!!!" Draco roared as he tossed his friend's hands to the side. "YOU PUT HER IN DANGER!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!!"

 

    Theo's eyes broke as Draco pointed to the door dangerously. 

 

    "You were right Hermione..." Theo said with a sad sigh. "He is taking this just as badly as you thought he would." 

 

     He then stubbornly blocked Draco from the floo, pointing a wand at him half-heartedly. Theo was Draco's best friend though, he wouldn't be able to mean a spell that came from his wand if it was directed at the man. 

 

    "I can't believe that you two have been hiding this from me!!" Draco shouted again, now pointing his wand right back at Theo. 

 

   "Does Potter know too?" He said venomously. 

 

   "No... he's just as hot-headed as you are!" Hermione cried as she finally shot an expelliarmis his way, but he blocked it. 

 

    "Nott... this is the end of our friendship, so I suggest you leave before I curse you to the high heavens for endangering my wife," Draco ordered. 

 

    "He didn't endanger me!!" Hermione yelled. "He was the one who convinced me to never be alone, he was the one who stayed with me after you asked him too when you were gone... and he is the one right now making sure you don't leave this apartment to do something stupid! He's your best friend!"

 

    "Not anymore!" Draco replied as he sent a body binding hex to Theo and stepped over him and into the flames. 

 

    Hermione screamed after him, but he had blocked the floo network. 

 

    She unbound Theo and the pair of them ran to his floo network in the apartment down the stairs, but it was also blocked. Draco had an obscene amount of control over his own magic and apparently his whole apartment building... and now they were trapped inside, helpless. 

 

   

 

    Draco entered the Ministry and stormed with his large frame towards Wayguards office. 

 

    People watched as he strode intently into the Department of Mysteries Executive Offices and slammed the door open entering Damian's office. 

 

    "Mr. Malfoy... to what do I owe the pleasure," Wayguard said distastefully as Draco came into the office. 

 

    "Where were you at 12:15 today..." Draco said as he pulled a wand out and pointed it at the man. 

 

    Damian stood abruptly and pointed his own wand at him before answering. 

 

    "Is there a reason I am inclined to answer a question at wandpoint? From a subordinate no less?" He sneered as he stared Draco down.

 

    "If it involves Hermione... then yes..." Draco replied with equal venom, inching his wand closer to Damian's chest. 

 

     "What could I possibly want with Mrs. Granger... the audacity you must possess..." he tsk'd. The tone reminded him of Lucius, the master of double conversations.

 

     "If you go near her... or speak to her... or so much as even whisper her name aloud. I won't just kill you, I will scorch any record of your name from the face of the earth!" He spat as he moved closer. Little decorations from around Damians office started to pop and break as Draco's wandless magic began to show itself. Wayguard watched in fascination as it did. 

 

    Suddenly, Draco's wand was hitting the floor and he felt pressure against his temple.

 

    "Well, well, well... Draco Malfoy." Rosalind Mackenzie said as she came into view. "What exactly do you think you are doing?" 

 

     Wayguard smirked as she held the angry wizard at her mercy.

 

    "I don't think I need to explain my reasons for terminating your employment with the curse-breaking department..." Damian said with a condescending droll as he motioned for her to remove the blonde from his office. "Also I think a ban from the Ministry of Magic would suffice..." 

 

    "I think that would be wise... I'll see if Shacklebolt has anything to say about this little outburst as well." Rosalind sneered as she led Draco from the office. 

 

     "You still never answered my question Wayguard..." Draco said as he was escorted away. 

 

     Seconds later Harry came out of nowhere with Ron in tow... both of them heaving from apparent exertion.

 

     "What's going on?!" Harry asked Rosalind as she continued to point her wand at Draco's face. 

 

     "Malfoy here thought it would be a good idea to threaten Damian Wayguard..." 

 

      "Because he's up to something! Check his memories from today! He was the one who released the Peruvian Darkness Powder!!" Draco ground out as he walked past a shocked Harry and Ron. 

 

    "Draco, they caught the employee who used the powder... it wasn't Wayguard," Harry whispered to him. "What did you do??" 

 

     "You two better be off to the Auror department before I suspend you from the program," Mackenzie warned. 

 

     The pair stood stunned for a moment and then walked away, whispering to each other as they headed back to the department. 

 

    "We can't help him if we are fired... we will have to find another way..." Ron said quietly to Harry. 

    •

 

    Draco walked into the apartment and was instantly attacked by Hermione. 

 

    "I thought you were never coming back!!" She cried as she slammed her fists into his chest. "You trapped me here!" 

 

     "It was worth it to find out Wayguard has been up to something this whole time..." Draco said as he let her beat him, it was cute she thought that she could cause any damage that way. 

 

     "Harry owled me and said that you threatened him too? Why? What could you possibly gain from that?" She seethed as she dropped her arms.

 

    "In case you didn't know... I would do anything to protect you." He said seriously as he went to the living room and summoned the whiskey. "I would have done a whole lot worse if Mackenzie hadn't shown up..." 

 

     "We didn't agree on any of this... isn't that what our relationship is about? Figuring these things out together?" 

 

     "It was... until you avoided telling me the truth and conspired with my best friend to keep it hidden from me." He said as he took a big sip of his drink. 

 

     "In case you didn't know... I would do anything to protect you. Even if I have to protect you from yourself." She said as her eyes flashed. "Now you're banned from the ministry of magic? And what about Theo? He cried for nearly an hour after you broke off your friendship with him..." 

 

     Angry tears rolled down her face, but he was too cross to care. 

 

    "Theo can piss off, if he suspected something, he should have told me." Draco spat, staring at a spot on the wall.

 

    "You are being a child right now... I can't even look at you." She said, staring down at him. "Have fun being a hero all by yourself, because I'm leaving... INDEFINITELY!!"

 

      She stomped across to the stairs and up to the closet, packing her overnight bag to stay at Ginny and Harry's. 

 

      Closing the zipper, she threw the bag over her shoulder and walked down the stairs to the door, but when she tried to pull on the knob, it wouldn't open. 

 

     "You really think I would let you leave right now with Wayguard on the loose?" He menaced as he got up from the couch and stalked over to her. 

 

      "You think you can make me stay? I CANT EVEN LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW!!" She yelled, stepping back as he inched forward. 

 

     "You and I both know you don't mean that..." he said as he used wandless magic to throw her bag against the wall. 

 

     "I MEAN IT DRACO!!" She said as he moved closer still. "STAY AWAY FROM ME!!"

 

     "Or what..." he said as his breath hit the wisps of hair on her forehead.

 

      She slapped him as hard as she could across the face, watching as his eyes darkened and a handprint appeared on his white skin. He didn't move from the spot though, instead, he stood his ground... staring at her.

 

     Hermione's chest heaved as she struck him again... then began to beat at his chest with her bare fists as he looked at her in amusement. 

 

     Draco grabbed her tiny hands and held them against his heart as he leaned in close to her ear. "If you really wanted to hurt me... you should have used your wand." He whispered against her ear, causing goosebumps to migrate down her body.

 

    "I'm leaving..." she said with less certainty than before as she stared into the silver eyes that were watching her possessively. She trembled slightly at the proximity of his large frame. 

 

     "Not if I have something to say about it..."

 

     Within a second, he tackled her to the floor, dragging his lips down her neck savagely as she threw her arms around his shoulders. 

 

     The fear of losing him forever just minutes ago had caused her to underestimate her body's response to him. Her mind wasn't far behind either. She hated how much she needed him right now. 

 

    "You are such a fucking asshole!!" She said in exasperation as she slowly gave in.

 

     He chuckled as their lips finally met in hot, needy despair. They breathed into each other, fighting for power as their tongues twisted and swirled around in tantalizing synchronization. 

 

    Draco was certainly winning their tousle... and she was letting him. 

 

    "I'm the fucking asshole you married..." he growled as he marked her for his own over and over again. He undid her jeans and felt her soaking wet cunt through her underwear as he continued to nibble at her lips, causing her to sigh. "And you're mine... never forget that."

 

    "I hate you so much right now." She whimpered as his strong arms ripped her pants down to her knees. 

 

     He then slid his hard cock into her tight channel and thrust her into the floor, listening for the gasp as she felt his head graze a particular spot inside of her. 

 

    "I'm not very fond of you either..." Draco groaned, pushing hard into her while claiming her spiteful lips again.

 

     She ripped of his shirt feverishly and he fucked her hard against the floor, uninhibited and unrelenting in his endeavour.

 

     She scraped her nails hard against his back and they bucked their hips against each other until finding their release, screaming in ecstasy as they came undone. 

 

     He collapsed on top of her and held her close while her pussy continued to clench tightly around him post-orgasm. 

 

     Draco laid on top of her dazedly until he began to feel what felt like sobs coming from beneath him. 

 

      He raised himself up to watch as fat tears ran from Hermione's eyes. He wiped one away with his thumb as he hovered over her. 

 

     "I can't live without you Draco... you can't leave me. Today could have been our last day together if Mackenzie hadn't intervened! What would you have me do then?" She sobbed as she got out from underneath him and gave him another sharp smack, this time he took it like man. 

 

    She pulled up her pants shakily and walked to the living room, pouring herself a ginormous whiskey while he followed her. 

 

    "Don't forget, I thought I might lose you today too... when I saw you lying on the bathroom floor, when I imagined that something happened to you during the Darkness Powder incident..."

 

    "Harry said it wasn't Wayguard who cast it..." she said as she gulped down the burning liquid, gasping as it seared her empty stomach. 

 

     "I don't care what Harry said... I don't trust anyone anymore." Draco said as he grasped the whiskey from her hands and led her to the kitchen. 

 

       He sat her down at the island chair and passed her a large glass of water before finding a pot pie in the fridge. 

 

     "Daphne said you were dehydrated, the last thing you need is whiskey right now. Also, you haven't had dinner yet and I think it's time for you to eat..." he said seriously.

 

      "Speaking of Daphne... you owe her an apology. I heard the way you spoke with her at St.Mungos and as your friend, she deserved better than that. Theo too, he would do anything for you." She finished as she began to gulp down her water.

 

    "I can apologize to Daphne... but Theo I'm still angry with." He said as he magically heated the pot pie and sat down next to her, putting two forks on the plate so they could share.

 

    "And I'm still angry with you..." she said, still sniffling slightly from crying. 

 

    "That's fine with me... now open." He said as he pushed a mouthful toward her. 

 

     She opened her mouth and accepted the bite before trying to speak again.

 

    "If you weren't so protective, I could have told you right away... but I knew you would act irrationally." She reiterated yet again.

 

    "Can you tell me what he said to you? I can't touch him now... so there's no point in hiding it from me any longer."

 

    Hermione sighed as he pushed another bite into her mouth and then weighed the consequences diligently. 

 

    "Only if you promise you won't act rashly..." she warned as she took another sip of water. 

 

     "I promise that any plans we make, I will discuss it thoroughly with you first." He said with a huff, trying to avoid that particular promise. 

 

      She stuck out her hand for him to shake and he gave her a worried look masked with a smirk as he accepted it and then kissed her knuckles. 

 

      ....Hermione told him everything. Starting with the chance encounter at the cafe all the way to their last conversation in the cafeteria with Ron. 

 

     He listened intently as he intermittently fed her bites of pot pie and watched her drink her water, absorbing what she was saying and trying to stay calm. 

 

    A few times she caught him clench his jaw or his fist but he did as he was told and didn't jump off the chair and scream and yell like she expected him to. 

 

    Once she was finished, she looked up at him nervously, waiting for his reaction as his hands pressed into the base of his skull. 

 

    "He followed you down to the Department of Mysteries... and you were down there looking for me... I can't imagine what would have happened if... if..." he stopped and suddenly wrapped her in a suffocatingly tight embrace, breathing raggedly against her neck. 

 

    "I hate the idea of you going back to work... can you at least take a few days off and say you aren't feeling well after your episode?"

 

     "Mackenzie wouldn't allow it... I have to go." Hermione said as she melted into Draco's large arms. "I can't let Wayguard scare me... I fought for freedom... it feels too much like hiding from Voldemort again."

 

    "I'll agree to it... if Ron and Harry never let you leave their sides when your away from me. I can't protect you when you're inside the building." He said as his hands found their way to either side of her face. 

 

    "You know they will..." she said as he kissed her again. 

 

     "They didn't do a great job the other day..." 

 

      "Harry has his guard up now... he won't let it happen. Nor will I." She promised as he dragged her over to his lap and wrapped his arms around her small waist.  

 

      "I hate that you lied to me... I hate that I made you feel like you had to lie to me." He sighed as he held her snug against him. 

 

       "I hated lying to you." She murmured as she buried her face in his platinum hair. "And I can guarantee you, your best friend hated lying to you more."

 

      Draco nodded and then got up slowly, kissing her neck as he carried her up to the bathroom. 

 

     They brushed their teeth together silently, exchanging glances through the mirror as she washed her face and he put on his moisturizer. 

 

    The couple then changed in the walk-in closet as they peeled off their clothes and walked naked to the bedroom together. 

 

    Once they were under the covers...  Hermione rolled over to face Draco in the dark and he stared at her as he lifted his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. 

 

    "You're still a fucking asshole." She whispered. 

 

    "I'm the fucking asshole you married..." he smirked as he leaned in and wrapped his arms around her.

Notes:

Not going to lie I was stressing about this secret coming out... I had no idea how Draco was going to react but he didn’t disappoint. I’m sorta crying over Draco and Theo’s fallout though.... 😭.

Chapter 24: Protection

Summary:

Theo and Draco make up.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

     Breakfast the next day was extremely tedious for the Golden Girl. 

 

   Draco had invited Ron, Harry and Ginny over, to get the low down on the safety plan he had concocted to make sure Hermione was safe and they all sat around discussing her life as if she was a first-year that couldn't spell her own shoelaces. 

 

    "Why are you being difficult?" Ginny chuckled as she sat in a corner with Hermione once their meeting had ended.

 

    "I just think it's ridiculous... Wayguard wouldn't touch me now after the public spectacle Draco made of himself yesterday... plus the darkness powder wasn't even released by him... someone else came forward to claim responsibility." She huffed as she crossed her arms. 

 

   "Ron said it was strange though. The staff member who admitted it had no memory of the incident to pass over... he said he remembers doing it... but nothing was there." Ginny said quietly as she looked at her friend in concern. "It seems manufactured..." 

 

   "Well, there is no proof that Wayguard did it either..." Hermione retorted as she took a sip of coffee. 

 

    Draco came over after a moment and put some toast and eggs in front of her, giving her a warning look not to trifle with him. 

 

     "Would you like to watch me use the washroom as well?" She griped, taking a bite and then glaring at him in annoyance. 

 

     "I warded the house 80 times... so that won't be necessary." He deadpanned.

 

    "Merlin you are being so anal!!" She huffed as she got up and followed Harry and Ron to the floo. 

 

    "He's right though Hermione...." Ron argued. "Until we know that you are okay... we can't take any chances. We've lost enough people over the years. Until we know for sure you are safe, none of us will take any risks." 

 

    "And when exactly will that be?" She retorted. 

 

     "When strange things stop happening to you. Maybe then." Harry said as he pushed her into the floo with Ron. 

 

   Harry and Ginny hung back for a moment and passed Draco a small package containing the invisibility cloak.

 

    "We thought you should have this... in case anything were to happen despite our drastic measures. It cancels out the detection charms placed on the ministry. For emergencies only..." he said with warning.

 

    "Thanks, Potter..." Draco said earnestly as he saw the familiar fabric peeking out at him. "Promise you will look after her for me?" 

 

     "We promise!" Ginny interjected. "Now go get some sleep Malfoy! You look like shit!" She said patting his arm before disappearing with her husband. 

 

   

 

    Draco couldn't relax when Hermione was at work... she invaded his mind and he paced back and forth, feeling hopeless as she went into the building that harboured an enemy. 

 

    Damian hadn't offered up his memory, nor had he admitted he didn't want anything to do with Hermione. The man was toying with him and it made him feel murderous.

 

    That's when 'Tortured Souls' caught his eye. 

 

    Picking up the strange book, he flipped over the pages... reading the chapter headlines as he went. 

 

    Words like 'Separation Intensity' and 'Bond Removal' made his heart stutter as he skimmed the flimsy pages. 

 

    However, before Draco could read any further a knock came to the door.

 

    He opened it and saw Theo standing on the other side, looking pleadingly at him.

 

  "Since when do you use the front door..." Draco drawled.

 

   "Since you told me we are no longer friends and that you never wanted to see me again." Theo countered. "I suppose I came here to win you over..."

 

    "Well, it's not going to be that easy..." Draco spat as he slammed the door in his best friend's face.

 

    He sighed and went to sit back in the living room when he heard another knock. 

 

    Disgruntled, he walked back over to the door and swung it open again. 

 

    "Not even for this?" Theo said with a smirk. He was holding a poached pear firewhiskey. 200-year-old aged in dragon charred whomping-willow wood whiskey. 

 

    "Where did you get that... I haven't seen that since—"

 

    "Since we stole it from my father's collection before we went back for the 5th year?" Theo said with knowing eyes. 

 

     Draco smirked briefly until he remembered how mad he still was and then glazed his expression over...

 

    "Even that won't solve our problems right now..." he said curtly.

 

    Theo smirked. "That's why I brought a mediator." 

 

      Just then, Blaise walked around the corner, gleaming at Draco. He wrapped his arms around him ecstatically.

 

    "Blaise! What in—"

 

    "I heard you were being a prat... so I decided to make a little trip from Italy. Now what in the sweet Merlin Mustachios IS GOING ON HERE!!" The man said as he threw his coat on the rack and strode into the living room. 

 

     "Theo told you nothing then..." Draco said with a sneer, grabbing the whisky from the brunette and walking toward the couch. 

 

     "He's told me... and to be frank dear Draco, I side with him on this one," Blaise said unapologetically. 

 

     "Well, that makes one of us then..." Draco drawled as he took a long tug from his drink. 

 

       Blaise scoffed in astonishment. "So... you lost it at your wife, broke it off with one of your best mates and lost your job all in one day and still think you are right? So fucking typical..." 

 

     "I am right..." Draco sneered dangerously as he slammed his tumbler on the table.

 

   "Oh... how frightening..." Blaise snorted. "Tell me... if something does happen to Hermione at work again... what motive does she have to tell you? Theo was there for her in a capacity you, sir, weren't capable of. Everything she told you was a nuance in casual conversation and you ran with it! Theo did the right thing! —you are an idiot for not realizing it."

 

   Draco stared at Blaise, slack-jawed and at a loss for words.

 

   "What did you expect her to do? I know her only as well as you would let me and still... I know she wouldn't dare bring something up like this to you... you're protective, rash and destructive when the circumstances allow and even Theo knew exactly how you would react to this. You blew up your career to maintain the pretence of control when I know how out of it you feel." He said seriously. 

 

    "Have I told you I love you yet today?" Theo said unhelpfully to Blaise, who shushed him and looked back to Draco. 

 

   "I didn't act rashly... I found everything I needed too with that one conversation." Draco sighed.

 

   "And what is that?" Theo asked.

 

   "That Wayguard is up to no good... I know it." Draco reiterated. 

 

   "And now you're not even allowed in the Ministry of Magic..." Blaise sniped. "Where has the cunning, Slytherin Draco I used to know gone. The one who knew how to play the game... and knew the art of subtlety."

 

  "My cunning went out the window with my soulbond... keeping Hermione safe...that's all I think about," he said, staring out the window existentially. 

 

   "But she prides herself in keeping herself and her friends safe... did she not prove that over and over again? Year after year? She may be yours now, but she is still the witch who brought down the dark lord with her friends... no matter how delicate you would like to think her." 

 

   "And that same role made her not value her worth, all she thinks about is keeping her friends safe rather than herself. " Draco retorted, glaring at Blaise. 

 

   "INCLUDING YOU!!" Theo finally piped up in one of his rare bursts of anger, his arms waving animatedly as he went on. "SHE DIDN'T TELL YOU, BECAUSE SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT... YOU!!!" 

 

    Draco froze at his friend's words... was he in the wrong here? Was she falling into the same pattern with him as she had with her friends? He shuddered at the thought of being lumped with Potter... but Theo had a point. 

 

    "I think he finally gets it..." Blaise said with a snort as the three men took a sip of their whiskey in unison.

 

     "FUCK!!" Draco shouted as he slumped his head back into the cushion. "Now what the fuck do I do..."

 

     "Well... I think the first thing we need to do is make a very Slytherin plan..." Blaise said with a Cheshire grin as he eyed his two best friends. 

 

     "First... I think we need to read this..." Draco said, holding up the decrepit book 'tortured souls'.

 

   

 

    Hermione had to have a 'talk' with Mackenzie about leaving her personal business at home where it belonged. She had no way of even explaining herself and felt her face beat red the whole conversation. 

 

     On top of that... while they were in Mackenzie's office, Wayguard had made an appearance, also reprimanding her on her 'fiancées' behaviour. 

 

    Harry and Ron had completely overreacted at lunch when she told them of Damian sitting in, but she had calmed them down and convinced them that she had no episode and there were no indications that he was a treacherous dark wizard, rather just a disgruntled boss... at that time. She didn't, however, mention that Wayguard's eyes were trained to her breasts for the majority of the time... which had certainly made her uncomfortable, especially since they really weren't that large and therefore not much to look at. 

 

    So here she was, plunking her things at the door and walking towards the kitchen fuming, until she saw something that made her stop. A single green apple sat upon the countertop. 

 

    She tried not to...but a smile broke out anyways. 

 

    Green apples were Draco's love language. 

 

    Picking it up, she inspected the fruit and looked around the house curiously... she checked the office and the dining room but he wasn't there. As she ascended the stairs she snickered as she finally saw where her husband was...

 

    Theo, Blaise and Draco were all sound asleep, and judging by the smell and empty bottle in between them, she assumed very intoxicatedly. 

 

    "Figures..." she laughed as she went into the closet. 

 

    She then sent an owl to Annie, Dyani, Ginny and Daphne to come to join her for a swim downstairs and left the three boys to their slumber. 

 

   

 

    "We never have girl's nights! Why is that!" Daphne said lazily as they lounged around the wooden hot tub room. 

 

    "Because Draco never leaves Hermione alone..." Ginny laughed as she splashed her best friend. "Then we all have to invite our significant others so we don't look like assholes." 

 

     "It's kind of true..." Annie giggled as she smirked at Hermione. 

 

     The golden girl glared at them both.

 

     "Oh, by the way, I have some fun potions for us to play with... !!" Dyani said excitedly as she held up a large bag beside the pool. "Henry always gives me leftover products when he organizes the shop."

 

      "Ooooh, what's this pink one!" Annie said in delight as she picked up the little vial that was at the top. 

 

     "That's aquaversia... it will make the water look like a galaxy." She smiled as Hermione and Ginny swam over to investigate. 

 

     "Can we try it?" Hermione said as she took the bottle. She was reminded of Caeliversia, the stargazing potion which she had used the year previous. 

 

      Dyani smiled and took out her wand to turn off the lights. "You are going to want to sit on the lip of the pool, it can be rather jarring before you get used to it." She said. 

 

   Once they were all sitting on the edge, Dyani then poured the contents of the potion into the large hot tub.

 

      "What the bitch!!" Ginny said as the water was consumed by darkness and replaced by what looked like shimmering stars and bounding comets below their feet. 

 

     "Oh... I don't like heights. I'm going to need a damn drink for this." Annie said as she gulped down some brandy before looking at her toes.

 

     The whole pool looked like an endless pit of space and the girls teetered uncomfortably over the edge as they stared into it. 

 

     "DYANI!!" Daphne yelled as the girl dove headfirst into the pit.

 

      Hermione's mind raced at first as she watched Dyani sink lower and lower into the pool but it was almost as if she were in slow motion. The potion made the liquid thicker than water. 

 

     She then took a deep breath and jumped in after her. 

 

      It felt like being consumed by warm pudding. The water was warm jello surrounding her and the stars and planets gushed around them as they swam slowly through it. 

 

     They explored the miniature galaxy encompassing them, feeling like goddesses of the stars when a large sunburst into a supernova a few feet away from them. 

 

      Dyani tickled Hermione's toe and pointed up to the surface, motioning for them to return. 

 

     She did as she was told and swam out of the water as fast as she could manage with the slimy consistency-- and when they broke the surface, the black shimmering nothingness disappeared and they were back in the regular saltwater they had been in before. 

 

    "Not going to lie, I didn't like that one..." said Annie as she tossed more brandy back, holding a hand over her chest. 

 

     "Okay, well how about this one then scaredy pants!" Dyani winked as she passed a strange bubbling liquid that was dark blue to her. 

 

     "Are you going to tell me what it is?" She questioned... sniffing the contents with a peculiar look on her face. 

 

     "You'll find out soon enough! Only take a sip!" She said as she slid a finger under the bottom of the potion so that Annie would drink it. 

 

      Suddenly, Annie burst out into fits upon fits of laughter, causing the rest of the girls to as well.

 

     Hermione knew this one as the Alihotsy Potion, which caused hysterical and uncontrollable laughter. 

 

      They all took a sip after that— and became a laughing, snorting, gasping bunch as the substance took hold. 

 

      Hermione felt her brandy come back to the surface after Ginny accidentally tooted from the pressure. 

 

      "I-It's not fair!! I-I had no warning!!" Ginny cried as the laughing finally began to die down a bit.... leaving them all feeling excited and giddy for the next one. 

 

      "W-What on earth is Alihotsy potion used for?" Hermione asked as she clutched her burning stomach muscles and tried to breathe normally once more. 

 

      "For the boring rich Pure-bloods who need to make their dinner parties more exciting..." Dyani choked as she finally pulled out another potion. "Ohhhh! I love this one!" 

 

         She then pulled out another potion that made large purple bubbles erupt from the water, coating the entire floor with soap, and then another potion that turned the soapy bubbles into 1000 floating jellyfish. They floated effortlessly to the ceiling and then popped once they hit the glass ceiling. 

 

     Dyani reached for one last potion. 

 

   "This better be the last one... I'm not sure how much more I can take. This is like being inside Weasley Wizard Wheezes." Daphne whined as she slunk back into the hot tub which was now coloured dark purple.

 

    "Okay... then I will only try it on one person! Who wants to volunteer?" She said mischievously, looking around the pool. 

 

    "Give it here..." Hermione said, grasping the potion from Dyani and tossing it back. 

 

    "Wow... it would be incredibly easy to poison you, Hermione..." Ginny joked as Hermione choked slightly on the bitter liquid. 

 

     Suddenly, Hermione shrank to the size of a penny. Before she could fall into the enormous rumbling bubbles of the pool, she was caught in Dyani's massive palm as she looked down at her. 

 

     "Ohhh.... you're so cute." Ginny cooed as she came over and poked her teeny body with a finger, knocking her back onto Dyani's palm. 

 

     "It's much fun, you should see what a bed looks like on this potion..." Dyani whispered with a gleam in her eye as Ginny gagged. 

 

      "Don't tell me you and Ronald have had intercourse with this potion." Annie's booming voice sounded above Hermione.

 

      "How long is this potion going to last!!" Hermione yelled up at them in a tiny little voice. It was hard to sound intimidating this way, even with a death glare and her hands on her hips. 

 

     "Ewww... imagine Ron engaging in dirty talk with that voice..." Annie said with a chortle as she took yet another sip. 

 

      "Ya... it's better to just not speak when you take it..." Dyani said bashfully. 

 

      Suddenly, Hermione heard a snicker from the door to the room and saw a sleepy-looking Blaise, Draco and Theo standing there in their swim trunks. 

 

      "Well hello, ladies..." Blaise's voice came from near the pool. 

 

     "Blaise?? What are you doing here?!" Daphne said as she ran up to engulf him in a hug. 

 

     "I was making sure you didn't forget about me." He said, hugging her hard and then jumping with her into the larger pool behind them. 

 

    "How much did I bet you that Draco was going to ruin lady's night?" Annie said to Dyani with a smirk as Draco walked in and looked down at his tiny wife in Dyani's palm. 

 

     "Do you mind if I speak with Hermione for a moment?" He said casually, resting out his palm for her to walk into. 

 

      "What are you guys doing down here? Hermione's said you were sleeping." Ginny whined. 

 

      "We had a nap... and you were making such a racket down here we felt we didn't have a choice..." he said as he nodded for Hermione to trade Dyani's palm for his. 

 

     She rolled her eyes and then walked from palm to palm, sitting upon Draco's callused curse-breaking hands and sitting down. 

 

      He walked her into the white-painted stairwell across the atrium and sat down, sighing slightly as he ran a hand through his bedhead.

 

      Hermione peered up at him, not particularly wanting to have a serious conversation while she was still tiny. She was also completely distracted by the massive, moonlit man holding her in his palm. 

 

     "I suppose I want to say... I'm sorry for how I've acted the last two days. I wish I had listened to you and I wish you had been able to come to me." He said, rubbing his tired eyes with the hand that wasn't holding her. 

 

     "You don't need a safety plan if you don't want... I just... fuck I worry about you... I worry about you all the time now. Maybe I just have to live with that and not take it all out on you." He said. 

 

    Suddenly, Hermione popped into her regular form and landed on top of him. 

 

     "There you are." He whispered as she tested out all her limbs and smiled up at him. 

 

     "Did you take me over here so that I wouldn't get squished or drowned by my drunken friends?" She said as got herself up and off of him. 

 

     "Yes, but also to apologize... may as well kill two birds with one stone... did you get—"

 

     "Yes, I got your apology apple."

 

    "Are we okay then?" He asked, grasping her hand before she could walk away. 

 

    "Yes... but I still expect a lot of grovelling." She said with just a hint of a smirk.

 

     "That I think I can manage... I've done it before, gods know." He said, kissing her hand briefly before she left to join her friends again. 

 

     

 

   Hermione went back to Daphne's apartment after the pool. She could handle Theo sleeping over from time to time but she didn't think three men in her bed would be very comfortable. 

 

    The two witches sat in Daphne's French-inspired living room drinking pink bubbles and eating charcuterie as they talked. 

 

    "It's nice to just have a girl's night..." Hermione said as she rested her head against the couch. 

 

    "Yes... you are always surrounded by the male species. It must be soooo tiring." She said sarcastically. "The only men in my life are the ones in the 'Wandering Wart Ward' and it's contagious... so even they are off-limits. 

 

    Hermione snorted into her champagne as she looked knowingly at Daphne. "You're driving poor George crazy with this you know... he asks me about you nearly every time I see him." 

 

    "Let him ask... but don't tell him a thing. He deserves to wonder." She laughed as she ate a dragon toasted chestnut from the board. "Thanks for getting me these by the way... I would lose all of my high ground if I came begging on my knees for it to WWW." She said as she nibbled the crunchy snack. 

 

    "You're welcome... I would hate for anyone to be deprived." She said popping one into her mouth. "Did Draco apologize to you yet?"

 

     Daphne laughed and then held up a green apple from the small table beside her. "In his way, did you know the apples are from a very special tree of his mother's? They offer protection, strength and vitality to whoever eats them." 

 

     "That sounds more like a legend." Hermione smiled, inspecting the green fruit. 

 

    "Think what you want... but those apples have powers," Daphne said mystically. 

 

     "Okay... now you're starting to sound like Trelawny." She said as she yawned fiercely. "Do you have any dreamless sleep by the way?"

 

     "I'm a healer... I have all the good stuff..." the girl said as she drained her champagne.

Notes:

I needed a light chapter lol. Also, only one chapter this week... May long is a nightmare in the industry I work in. I am soo sorry!!! I love you all so much, that every time I don’t feel like writing, I just go through all your sweet comments and it makes me thumbs tingle with excitement to create more. You guys are the BEST!!! - Skylar 😘

Chapter 25: Plots and Pasta (Explicit)

Summary:

Draco makes a plan.

Chapter Text

  Hermione and Daphne woke up early and headed upstairs to make breakfast.

 

   The Golden Girl taught the former Slytherin how to make pancakes and how to infused pepper up potion to pumpkin juice before asking her to go wake the boys. 

 

   Daphne ascended the stairs and giggled as she saw her three former classmates sleeping messily on the bed. "Well... this reminds me of old times..." she giggled as Blaise tried to tug her in to snuggle. 

 

    "That is not happening..." she said as she gracefully dodged his hands. 

 

    "I thought you wanted to remember old times..." Blaise smirked. 

 

    "I don't think I could take on both Padma and Demitri if they found out..." she said with a huff. "Now, time to get up! Hermione made pancakes.... and extra strength pepper up potion. God it reeks of whiskey in here."

 

    She then flung out her wand and blew out a scented air freshener to mask the smell. 

 

    "It smells like good times..." Theo said groggily as he got off the bed and went to attack Daphne. 

 

    "Get off me you heathen!!" She cried as she ran downstairs for the safety of the kitchen. "I don't know how you deal with them all the time. I would have killed them all by now." She said, hiding behind Hermione. 

 

   "I know many hexes..." Hermione smirked as she set out a bowl of whip cream and strawberries. 

 

    "That you do my love." Draco said with a suggestive tone as he came down the stairs and kissed her on the cheek. 

 

    "Oh I bet..." Blaise quipped as he went to pour himself a glass of pumpkin juice. "Whipping, binding, restraining... I bet she knows all the good ones. 

 

    "Wow Hermione... when did you get so good with wandless magic?" Daphne exclaimed as Hermione began to move everything to the dining room without looking. 

 

    "When I realized Draco was better at it than me... I can't let him get away with that." She said. 

 

    "I doubt he gets away with much anymore..." Blaise laughed as they all went to lounge at the dining room table.

 

     "Did you make this Hermione? Or did Jacque sneak out after we got up?" Theo smiled as he took a large bite of the fluffy pancake. 

 

    "No.... I was offended that everyone was so disgruntled by my cooking so I decided to make it a goal to improve. I doubt I will attempt to cook foie gras pate at any point, but pancakes seemed like a good place to start. Jacque agreed to teach me a bit from time to time, when he's not busy bossing around the entire Nott manor. By the way Blaise, how are Padma and Dimitri doing?" 

 

    "My mistresses? They are divine, we drink wine everyday, walk around the countryside and have loads of hot and dirty sex..." he said with a happy sigh. 

 

    "I think I could live like that..." Hermione said casually as she looked at Draco. 

 

    "You do realize he's the richest 20 year old in Britain... if you wanted to you could." Theo snorted as he took a sip of pumpkin juice. 

 

    "We really could..." Draco said as he reached for her hand under the table.

 

     "Can I at least make it through Auror training before we talk of retirement?" She whined, throwing a piece of strawberry at Theo's head wandlessly. 

 

    "Okay Princess, now you are just showing off..." The brunette chuckled as he picked seeds from his curly hair. 

 

     "Uh... why can't I be engaged and happy." Daphne groaned, suddenly getting up from the table.

 

     "Hey!! I would have married you if you had of given me a chance by now..." Theo chuckled as he got up and caught Daphne before she could escape, sitting back down beside her and resting his head on her shoulder. 

 

    "Too bad she gave me a chance first..." Blaise murmured promiscuously. 

 

    "Effectively ruining Slytherins for me forever." She said saltily. "It was only Hufflepuffs after that. I settled for a Gryffindor, but that isn't working out either." 

 

    "Those damn Gryffindors... they will get you every time..." replied Draco. 

 

    •

 

   Once Daphne, Theo and Blaise were gone. Hermione and Draco were left alone for the first time in a few days. They sat on the couches and stared at eachother from opposite sides.

 

   "Hi..." she said. 

 

   "Hi..." he replied, taking a deep breath and watching her closely. 

 

    "So... did you mean what you said last night?" 

 

     "I meant all of it... and I'll understand if you want to scrap my safety plan... but I hope you don't."

 

       Hermione picked up 'Tortured Souls' off the table and looked at him. "How did you enjoy the book?" She asked.

 

     "I found it... unsettling. The soulbond feels more like a curse when I read what happened to all those people. Just know... I would never let anything like that happen to you."

 

   "Nor I you..." she said with a smirk. "I'm glad you made up with Theo by the way, I was about to smack you upside the head for that one."

 

   "It was bribery..." Draco said with a smile as he moved closer to her and squeezed her tight. 

 

   They spent the rest of the day together until It was time for Draco to go meet Blaise and Theo at the bar. 

 

    "I'll be home by 11... be a good girl." Draco murmured. 

 

    "Mmm... I was rather hoping I would get to be bad... have fun." She winked as she turned and went back up the stairs. 

 

    Draco hesitated for a moment and then forced himself to walk to the hearth. Hermione would have to wait for later. He snuck 'Tortured Souls' into his cloak as he disappeared. 

 

   •

 

    "You think he did what!!!?" Theo asked loudly as he eyed his blonde friend from across the table. 

 

    "I think Wayguard knew about the bond from the very beginning. And I think he has already managed to sever a few of them... But I don't know the method. I was hit by a poisonous dart that caused me to lose consciousness when I was alone in a cave on my trip to South American. He could have cut one then, I know he was there in the city when it happened. He also may have cut one from Hermione when she was in the bathroom alone..." he curled his fist and closed his eyes. His anger flowed through him and he was working very hard to keep it in check. He had to maintain control of himself to pull off his plan. 

 

    "How many bonds are there?" Blaise asked carefully. 

 

     "There's one for every Chakra... meaning there are seven in total." Said Draco.

 

     "Wouldn't you know if he had cut of them?" Asked Theo. 

 

     "Not according to this." He said holding up the book. "Only the main bond—which is located at the heart— is felt. The book doesn't say how they are severed but it does say that the main bond is strengthened to try and repair itself when the others are cut or when it's counterpart is far away... which may explain why I have been slightly overbearing lately..."

 

    "Lately he says..." Theo muttered with an eye roll. 

 

    Draco glared at him and then continued. "We need to find out where Wayguard lives, it's too risky for me to break into the Ministry of Magic using the invisibility cloak at the moment but I might be able to find something at his home. I was the best curse breaker in the department... I can get through his wards easily."

 

   "You want to break into the overseer of the DOM's house???" Blaise snorted incredulously. 

 

    "Well, I happen to know he will be giving a speech for the Hallows Eve ball and will not be at home..." Draco said seriously. "Harry and Ron will be there to keep Hermione safe during the event, but I want you two to follow him with the cloak."

 

    The two men stared at him...

 

    "Someone needs to make sure he is still there, I need at least half an hour. I've charmed these compact mirrors so that we can communicate with each other." Draco pulled out three small mirrors and passed them to both of his friends. 

 

    Blaise chuckled as he opened the compact and got lost in his own eyes for a moment. "So we follow him... then what?" Asked Blaise.

 

     "I will send you a message through the mirror when I'm finished."

 

    "What are you hoping to find Draco?" Blaise asked. 

 

    "I don't know, but there has to be something." 

 

     "You better not end up in Azkaban for this..." Theo said.

 

     "If I don't find out what's happening soon, we both might end up dead instead..." Draco said stiffly. "And I can't just sit around while that happens, risks need to be taken now."

 

    

 

     Draco got home 15 minutes early to Hermione singing badly to very loud music in the kitchen. 

 

     She was wearing her favorite black shirt and making some sort of sauce while she moved to the music. 

 

    He took off his coat and began to move behind her when she turned around in surprise. 

 

    "Oh... hello." She said with embarrassment, her face reddening slightly as she took a sip of her wine and continued to stir the pan. "How was your night?

 

    "Better now..." he said, wrapping his arms around her from behind and kissing her neck. "I was hoping my bratty little wife would be up so that I could play with her... looks like I got my wish."

 

     He slowly began kissing her ear and down her neck to her shoulder as she giggled and continued to stir. 

 

     "Dracoooo!! I'm almost finished, can't you wait five minutes?" She whined. 

 

     "How dare you ask me to wait... you know that just makes me want you more." He said devilishly as he snaked a hand around the front of her body, one was resting on her breast and one was doing as it pleased. 

 

     "Don't make me put you in a body bind... I will do it... this Carbonara is going to be ruined if you don't let me finish it." 

 

    "I never said you had to stop..." he whispered as he lifted her shirt and slipped his fingers down her underwear. 

 

     "How am I supposed to concentrate on this while your doing... that." She gasped as he found his treasure between her legs.

 

     "Think of it as a challenge..." he said as he sped up the pace of his fingers. 

 

      Her head leaned against his shoulder and she whimpered slightly as the pleasure began to take hold, but still, she stirred. 

 

       Wandlessly, she moved the pasta pot from the stove and drained it into a colander. He could tell she wasn't paying proper attention when a few noodles fell to their deaths in the sink— but she still managed. 

 

     He lifted one of her legs up with his other arm, and then switched to his thumb to move up and down slowly on her wet flesh as she moved the linguine into the sauce pot, almost missing and dumping it onto the stove as she became close to her limits. 

 

     "Fuck... I don't think I can do this..." she cried out as he felt her abdomen tighten slightly, ready for release. 

 

     "What if I told you that you would get an outstanding on your assignment if you did." He said as he tugged her earlobe with his teeth.

 

     She stirred... a little awkardly, but still managed to get a half cup of pasta water into the pot and continue to stir while her orgasm nearly dropped her. 

 

    "You're doing so well... you're being so good." He panted in her ear as she began to stir furiously, he was concerned for her wooden spoon. 

 

     "DONE!!" She finally cried, as she finished along with her pasta dish. She crumpled slightly in sudden exhaustion, so Draco turned her around and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist as he held onto her. 

 

     She smelled like garlic, wine and lavender and he absorbed it all as he hugged her tightly. She eventually caught her breath and then her lips moved to his passionately. 

 

     "Don't you want to try your meal?" He said into her mouth. 

 

      She rolled her eyes and let herself out of his grasp. 

 

     "Well to be honest, I kind of just wanted your cock... but you have a fair point." She said as she pulled out two plates. 

 

     "Was Jacque over or something?" Draco asked.

 

     "No... I tried this from a cookbook that I bought..." she said as she put both the plates on the island and gestured for him to try it after sprinkling on some Parmesan. 

 

    Draco took a bite... revelling in the richness of the classic dish. He paused a moment, to enjoy it and then looked back at her with a smirk. 

 

    "This is very well done..." he said, causing her to blush again— which made him want to fuck her even more than he already did. 

 

     She then tried her own creation and bounced up and down slightly in excitement, making his heart nearly burst. 

 

    "So... did I get an outstanding?" She chuckled. 

 

    "Only if you finish it." He replied, resting a finger on her thigh and gently stroking the smooth skin up and down. 

 

     "I can't... your clothes are distracting me..." she giggled as she watched his hand on her thigh. 

 

      "That sounded like an excuse to get me naked darling..." he whispered into her ear. 

 

      "Do it..." she coerced as she pushed him back with her palm. "This is going to be our tradition now... naked pasta Sundays. 

 

      "Okay, as long as we can also have frantic fucking Friday's..." he replied as he stripped down to his boxers. 

 

        She then took of her shirt, revealing her naked breasts and slightly damp silk panties from his handiwork, causing him to sit awkwardly on the stool so that his large erection didn't get in the way. 

 

     She poured him a glass of wine and they stared at each other seductively. She would brush her arm against his from time to time and he would slide his leg slowly up and down her calf as they chewed in silence. 

 

      That's when Hermione slowed down drastically and began eating her noodles, one at a time, watching Dracos annoyance peak when he finished his early. "What? I'm not finished yet."

 

      He took his wine and glared as she slurped her last three noodles as slowly as she could, glaring right back at him. 

 

      She could hear the signet ring tapping on the glass as he waited impatiently... but she ignored it. 

 

     Once the last noodle was in her mouth, which she had cut into three pieces, Draco pushed both the plates off the table. Hermione jumped as the plates hit the floor and broke all over the place but was suddenly lying on the kitchen island, hands bound and legs open with a smirking Draco above her.

 

     "I hate waiting." He said as he slid his large shaft deep inside of her. 

 

     He wrapped a hand around her throat and stared into her eyes as she cried out in pleasure. 

 

     "Too bad... I love making you wait..." she said defiantly as she moved her heels to push him in deeper. 

 

      She felt so good to be inside of, her pussy was clenching tightly around him, it was as if he belonged there and only there. He watched her closely as the vein in her temple throbbed and her noises got louder and louder. 

 

     He then turned her around and thrust into her from behind while he grasped her breasts and bit her neck. He was beginning to lose himself to her. 

 

     Once she was close, he moved Hermione to the couch in his arms and sat her on his cock while he watched her impaled herself on him over and over. 

 

    Her head lolled forward against his shoulder as she gyrated until she finally made them both cum violently, her legs shook with the euphoria of it. 

 

     "Never make me wait again..." he growled into her hair. 

 

      "Or what..." she sighed. 

 

      "Or I'll punish you." He said, moving over top of her slowly and squishing her underneath him. 

 

      "You don't scare me..." she smirked as he breathed against her lips, letting them brush dangerously over his own. He licked all the way from her collarbone to her neck but was surprised when he felt a shock to his buttocks. 

 

      She had wandlessly sent a whipping hex to his arse before darting up and making her big escape to the bedroom. 

 

      "Oh I don't scare you do I?" He said darkly as he chased after her. "Not even after I break down the closet door that you intend to hide in."

 

      "NO!!" She squealed as he got closer and closer. 

 

       He caught her at the top of the landing and grasped her hair firmly around his large hand before pinning her against the wall.

 

     "Will you ever learn to not talk back?" he panted. "Now you've lost your little game."

 

     "Don't you see Draco? I'm playing to lose..." she gasped as she stroked his member with her hand.

Chapter 26: Cabin Fever

Summary:

Draco begins taking on more responsibility with his estate. Harry as Hermione go on a mission.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

    Hermione woke up to Ollie standing on her chest and glowering at her from above. 

 

    "Hey, cutie." She cooed as she scratched his little black ears. 

 

     He batted at her hand and then finished off with a low growl until she finally got out of bed and followed him downstairs. 

 

     Bijou was already waiting for him down there conspiratorially as they waited by their food dishes. 

 

     "And here I was thinking you just wanted to cuddle..." Hermione said in disappointment as she gave them their breakfast. 

 

     Once they were snacking away at their food, Hermione went to pet Ollie... but got a sharp bite to the hand instead of any appreciation. 

 

     "You are such a cat..." Hermione scoffed as she went to take a shower upstairs. 

 

      Once she was in the hot steamy water, her mind began to wander back to what she had read in the book 'Tortured Souls'. 

 

      She had found herself thinking of it more and more. Even though a lot of it was convoluted by nature, she found herself puzzling over the parts that were up for interpretation. 

 

      Hermione needed her best friend for this. Even though Harry wasn't exactly a genius, she felt that speaking to him about it would get the old familiar gears circulating again. She had tried to talk to Draco about it, but he seemed disinterested in the discussion. 

 

     She wondered if how she felt during this time was how Harry had felt at Hogwarts during Voldemort's rise and felt rather awful for always being so pushy when he just needed someone to talk to. 

 

     She came out of the shower and noticed Draco sleepily waking up, with two happy, fed and cuddly kitty's on his back. 

 

    "Oh... now they want attention..." Hermione said, throwing on an oversized shirt belonging to Draco. 

 

    She got onto the bed and Ollie finally acquiesced to her attentions, purring as she stroked his sleek hair. 

 

    "Your hair reminds me of Daddy's when he was in the first year..." she cooed as she kissed the cat's scrunchy face against his will. 

 

     "My mother thought it was adorable that way... she made me do it..." Draco groaned as he yawned and then rolled over to her, resting his face against her neck. 

 

     "Excuses excuses... you can't tell me she picked your hairstyles for second, third and fourth as well." She chuckled. 

 

     "Hey! I liked your wild untameable mane..." he said as he tickled her sides. 

 

      "You mean my bird's nest? Isn't that what you called it once?" She gasped. She tried to tickle him back but he had immaculate self-control and was never bothered by such attempts. 

 

      "How did you tame it? I have always been curious..."

 

       "The stylist told me one of the potion ingredients is also used to tame... devils snare..." she said almost inaudibly.

 

      Draco burst out laughing at that, scaring the cats off the bed as he shook from the sudden amusement. 

 

     "Hey... it's not funny!!!!" She said as got up and started beating him with a pillow. 

 

     "CALM DOWN!!" He barked as he shielded his face with an arm. "That's one of the first rules of devil's snare, I can already see the hairs frizzing!!"

 

     "WHY DON'T YOU CALM DOWN!! DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!" She screeched as she violently attacked him with the white cushion. 

 

     "Now you've done it... it looks just like it used to now!" Draco smirked triumphantly. 

 

      "AHhhhhrrrrg!!!" She yelled, finally deciding to smother him to death instead. 

 

      Suddenly a voice sounded from the landing. 

 

      "I'm not looking!!! I'm just coming to collect my best friend if he is not dead already!" Theo said from the other side of the room, shielding his eyes. 

 

     "Ssmmmphh." Draco's muffled sounds came from under the pillow. 

 

      Theo finally lifted his fingers from his blue eyes and looked at the scene. "Oh... you're just trying to kill each other, I thought you were having sex or something... ew." He said with a false shudder before coming over to them and hopping on the bed. 

 

     "Well I was trying to kill him... but you've kind of ruined the moment..." Hermione sighed as she finally lifted the pillow off Draco's face. 

 

      "You're a Gryffindor. You would never go through with it." Draco chuckled as he smoothed out his hair and sat against the headboard. 

 

      "Luckily she would only attempt to kill someone she truly cared about, I am definitely in that club," Theo said importantly, remembering the time she almost drowned him in the pool. 

 

     "And only if they deserve it..." Hermione huffed, plucking feathers from her hair. 

 

     "What did poor Draco do to deserve such a fate?!" Theo chuckled. 

 

      "He made fun of my hair..." 

 

      "Fair enough I suppose... now, Draco my little dove, it's time to get ready and go take care of business!" Theo said, pinching Draco's nose. 

 

     The blonde frowned at his friends and then got up lazily and went to the bathroom. 

 

       "Where are you off too?" Hermione asked Theo. 

 

     "Since Draco is no longer employed by the Curse Breaking department, his mother decided he now needs to take more control of the Malfoy estate." Said Theo. 

 

     "Thank God's... I think he was going a bit stir crazy the past few weeks." She sighed. "But I will miss having him all to myself..." 

 

     "Well too bad... Ginny owled me directly and told me she needs more Hermione time. Plus you two need to get out of the house once in a while..." he said sternly as he crossed his arms and glared foreword. 

 

     "I'm sorry if we've been ignoring you..." she said patting his shoulder. "The only time I see the world anymore is when I have a case with Harry. Ginny invited me to the Burrow with them this weekend though." 

 

     "Well that's perfect, I think Draco is supposed to go to France for a few nights to tie up some loose ends... you should definitely go!" Theo said.   

 

      "You don't think he would want me to come with him?" She said with a grin. 

 

      "No, in fact, speaking from personal experience, these types of trips are far less enjoyable than one would think, estate matters are boring and tedious and... never-ending," Theo said. "You would probably end up sitting in the tea room with Narcissa the whole time, getting your mind invaded by her subtle Legimens skill."   

 

    "Nope, I definitely don't want to go then..." she winced, imagining all the horrific things Narcissa might run into in her mind. 

 

    "Great! I'll see you at the Burrow then! I've been invited for dinner on Saturday!" He smiled, smacking her in the face with a pillow. 

 

    "Don't start fights you will lose..." Hermione said dangerously. 

 

       

 

      Hermione and Harry were creeping silently around a house to capture a rogue blast-ended skrewt that had managed its way into a cellar. 

 

      The witch who lived there stared at the most famous witch and wizard of the age through the shudders as they did so. 

 

     "Do you remember how you defeated the skrewt in the maze?" Hermione whispered nervously as they inched towards the cellar door. 

 

      "Hit the underside of the belly..." he mouthed, fretting slightly over the sheer size of the animal they could hear already from the depths of the house. 

 

     They were finally allowed to run their own missions, but most of them were the unsavoury leftover cases that none of the Senior Aurors wanted; including magical creature containment. 

 

     "Stay behind me..." Hermione breathed as she soundlessly opened the door with her wand pointed downward. 

 

       "I'm not a useless wanker, Hermione... I don't need to—ARGhhhh!!!" He yelled in surprise, as a jet of fire whipped past their heads. 

 

     Hermione rolled her eyes at him and continued to down the stairs.

 

     Harry stumbled after her, hair sticking up on end and a slight singe mark against his cheek. "Why did it have to be a Skrewt..." 

 

     The creature was wreaking havoc on the stone basement and Harry was trying to shoot a patrificus totalis under its armour but without success. The blind, deaf and faceless creature turned the stinger towards him and he had to dive to dodge it.

 

     Luckily, Hermione was always razor focussed during the magical creature missions, and she used all of her wandless magic to burst a few glasses on the shelved wall to distract the horrific creature before she hit it with an immobulous charm to the soft under flesh. 

 

     The skrewt instantly keeled over and slammed to the ground. Then, they had to float it up off the ground and out of the dark room behind them, through the cellar doors. 

 

     The witch thanked them profusely as they walked away, waving shyly. 

 

     "So..." Harry began as he tried to flatten his hair and de-singe his clothing. "Are you coming to the burrow with us for the weekend?" 

 

     "You know, I think I will!" She said as they called upon the magical creatures department to pick the poor stunned animal to a safe place. 

 

     "Malfoy will allow it?" He joked as he elbowed her in the arm. 

 

     "Since when do I listen to Draco?" She stated with a smirk. "Plus he has business with his estate in France."

 

     "Merlin... you two? Apart by choice for the first time? Is there trouble in paradise?" He snickered. 

 

     "No..." she said in annoyance. "But he will be busy and I can't very well invite him to the Burrow... can you imagine him and the Weasleys in the same house for two nights?" 

 

      He snorted at that comment while a team of wizards finally arrived and put the disabled animal in a large invisible cage, carting it off in a large unit pulled by Thestrals. 

 

     "Plus... my stir craziness is driving me just about as mental as my soulbond..." she admitted. 

 

     As they came through the floo in the ministry, Harry looked at Hermione in amusement. "You two don't leave the house very often, I thought Ginny and I were bad, but you two are far worse." 

 

    They stepped into the crowded elevator and moved slightly to the left to let a few paper airplane memos aboard before Hermione pressed the button for the archives. People stared as they always did, but the pair managed to ignore it, casting a muffliato around themselves. 

 

    "Well... since Draco's dramatic exit from the workforce... he's been a little bit... restless." She admitted.

 

    "I can relate to that," Harry said. "That fucking tent..." 

 

     "That fucking tent..." Hermione repeated, both of them snickered at the number of yelling matches the cabin fever had caused. 

 

     "I can't believe you kept it... I probably would have set it on fire by now." Harry laughed. 

 

     They shuffled through the busy elevator and headed down the long hall to the pensive room.

 

      "I don't like to get rid of things... plus it redeemed itself during our survival assignment." She replied.   

 

       Once they were finished writing down their memories of the incident, they went to the archives and walked down aisle 38 of the magical creatures file room to  'removal of dangerous creatures records'.

 

      "Can you believe the same skrewt found its way into the same woman's house three times in the last year? Maybe they are soulbond as well..." Harry grinned. "At one point I would have preferred for you to be bonded to a skrewt than to Malfoy... sometimes I still do."

 

     Hermione paused for a moment, stopping with her filing and staring at the floor. 

 

     Harry frowned slightly, wondering if he had offended her in some way. "Hey... I didn't mean it— well I may have meant it at one point—but..." 

 

   " I'm not mad Harry... I just thought of something..." she said slowly. 

 

   "What is it?" 

 

    She turned and walked away from him, before he could say anything, so he walked after her and watched as she entered the magical accidents and maladies record room. 

 

    The ministry had been forced to hire a medley of magical creatures after the war to incorporate not only muggle-borns but a plethora of different sub-human species to society to include all. 

 

    That's why a small elf wearing business robes sat upon a few cushions at the chair, editing a large document before him when they entered. 

 

    "Excuse me, sir?" Hermione said to get the bespectacled elf's attention. 

 

     The elf's head shot side to side and then to where they were standing, causing his ears to flap loudly with the movement. 

 

    "Mrs. Granger? Mr. Potter? It is a pleasure indeed to finally meet you!!" The elf croaked as he bowed to them over and over. 

 

    "It's nice to meet you too... Pickle." She said, reading the name tag on the desk quickly.

 

     "What can I help you with?" He said nervously as he watched them enter the room. 

 

     "Well, I was hoping I could get the file on one Pandora Lovegood...." Hermione said quickly, causing Harry to glance at her in confusion. 

 

      The elf disapparated with a pop and then reappeared moments later with nothing but a few newspapers. 

 

    "The file is currently checked out Mrs. Granger but here are some newspapers with references to her... most unfortunate death." The elf said, handing her a pile. 

 

     "Checked out? By who?" She asked curiously. 

 

     "That is not information I can spare unless you got through the Minister I'm afraid..." pickle said anxiously, looking at his toes and appearing rather sad that he couldn't give them the answer. 

 

     "That's okay... these will do for now..." Hermione said kindly before walking off with the stack. 

 

    "Do you want to tell me what on earth is going on inside that head of yours? Why are you looking into Lunas mother's accident?" 

 

    "I'm wondering if it was an accident..." she said as she shrunk the papers and put them into her pocket. "Did you say Luna would be home this weekend?"

Notes:

Sorry for keeping you waiting!! Work has been impossibly lately- plus I accidentally told my husband I'm writing erotica and how he's always asking me if I'm writing. He's a Harry Potter fan and I can't imagine how he would react to Dramione porno hahaha!!!!! Love you all and thanks for reading!!

Chapter 27: Fall

Summary:

A day at the burrow.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

    Draco and Hermione packed together on Friday, preparing for their separate weekends.

 

   "Did you remember your dreamless sleep?" Draco said casually as he placed his silk boxers into his sleek black suitcase. 

 

   "No! Thank you!" She said quickly before rushing downstairs to grab a supply." 

 

    While she was down there he also removed her short plaid skirt and replaced it with warm pants and a sweater. 

 

    Once she went back upstairs she looked at her suitcase and then back up at him. "Why are you moving things around?! I have a system."

 

   "It's going to be 10 degrees in Devon. I don't think a miniskirt is going to be a required piece for the trip..." he drawled, giving her a stern look.

 

    "And yet you need 10 sets of cuff links for your trip?" She retorted. 

 

    Something poked Draco's back and he looked behind him to see the miniskirt, badgering him and then flying into her case once more. "One cannot be seen wearing the same cuff links twice in one day..." Draco replied, wandlessly removing the skirt once more. "Plus, you haven't heard the way men talk about you when you wear that thing..."

 

    "A woman should be able to wear what she wants... when she wants, with no fear of how men will react." She stated firmly. 

 

    "Even her husband?" Draco snorted. 

 

    "Especially her husband... who is a complimentary accessory, not a boss." She smirked, pinching his cheek and walking to the bathroom to grab her toiletries.

 

    "You really are a brat aren't you?" 

 

     Hermione whirled around to see Draco glowering down at her. 

 

    "However should I punish you for saying such a thing...." he whispered as he bent her over the sink and lifted up her dress to grasp her cheeks. 

 

    "I don't know... I suppose we will find out." She goaded as she looked him up and down. 

 

    "Hmm... I think the best way to punish you would be." He suddenly let her go and walked over to the doorway. "To not punish you at all." 

 

    "Noooooo!" Hermione whined.  "You can't do that!!" 

 

    Draco chuckled as he continued to pack his suitcase ignoring her little fists beating his arm. "Why not? That is by far the best reaction I have received so far... I think I rather like you begging on your knees." 

 

    Hermione used all her bodily energy to wrangle her husband onto the bed, who was now laughing at her determination.

 

    "Please??? We don't get to do it all weekend! You can't leave me like this!" She said as she tried to rip off his clothing. 

 

    "You think you're the only one who can be a tease? I think it would be rather good for you to have to wait a whole weekend for it..." he said as he pinned her wrists together so she couldn't move them. 

 

   "I hate you..." she frowned as she ripped her arms away and got up off the bed. 

 

    "Sure you do." Draco said as she jammed her miniskirt into her suitcase while glaring at him. 

 

    "I'm taking the skirt!! Try and stop me!" She fumed as she zipped up the suitcase and hauled it off the bed. 

 

    Draco watched in amusement, getting up and leaning in closely to her ear. "You forgot your toiletries bag..." he murmured as he brushed past her and zipped up his own bag. 

 

      She rolled her eyes and then stalked off to the bathroom before muttering a quick "Thanks."

 

    •

 

     Hermione entered the floo into the Burrow and was quickly engulfed in a big hug from Molly Weasley. 

 

    "Hermione, so good to see you!" The woman beamed as she shuffled her to the kitchen and passed her a corned beef sandwich. "You're so tiny, we need to fatten you up before winter chills you right to the bone!!" 

 

    "What about me mom!?" Ginny said annoyedly from the table.

 

    "Ginny! I've never had to worry much about you darling, you have the appetite of a full grown troll. So much like your brother you are!" Molly smiled. 

 

     Ginny glowered at Ron, who had beef dangling from his mouth and cheeks full like a chipmunks. 

 

    "I do not eat like Ronald!!!" Ginny fumed as Harry laughed from the seat beside her. 

 

    "It's a good thing dear! How else are you supposed to keep that Quidditch muscle mass that's required of you!" Molly said lovingly as she patted her two youngest children on the heads and giving them both a kiss on the cheek. 

 

    'Ello 'ello 'ello!!" George called as he too came through the hearth. "By gods Ronald, are we about to have a famine Im unaware of? You know you're supposed to swallow your food rather than store it in your mouth for later." He snickered. 

 

    "George!! Be nice to your brother!" Molly said as she planted a kiss on his cheek. 

 

    "I think I need a strong drink if I'm going to put up with this wanker all weekend!" Ron complained as he polished off his sandwich. 

 

    Hermione laughed to herself. In the real world Ron was growing up, had a career, a girlfriend and a life, but at home he somehow always managed to slip back into the silly younger brother roll he always did. It was rather endearing. 

 

   "Well, if you want to go to the pub, you should go soon because the rest of the family is showing up over the next two hours, then dinner will be ready at 6," Molly said as she joined Kreature in the kitchen to prepare the meal. "and George, I need you to de gnome the garden! It's your turn!" 

 

    George sighed dramatically and then turned to the back door to do as his mother asked. 

 

    •

 

   The four of them headed down the dirt path in the chilling fall wind and Hermione shivered slightly with her short plaid skirt on. 

 

   She cast a few warming charms to keep her teeth from chattering but began to feel like Draco was right about wearing pants... even though she would never admit it. Her stubbornness could be a curse sometimes. 

 

   The leaves swirled around them and the wind stung their faces slightly until they entered the safety of the small village. 

 

   They entered a small pub called the Mutton Head and hung their coats at the door, sneaking their wands into their pockets or sleeves to keep them handy but hidden, then ordered a few pitchers of ale before finding a seat. 

 

   "Darts?" Ron smirked at his sister before the pair of them headed off and left Harry and Hermione by themselves. 

 

   "So... did you find anything in the newspapers that caught your attention?" Harry asked casually as he took a sip of beer. 

 

    "No... it just stated that one of her spells went terribly wrong. That was the official statement, it didn't say much more..." she said pensively. 

 

    "That's what she told me too." Harry said. "In fact, that's almost exactly what she said, word for word..." 

 

    "Really?" Hermione replied quickly, her gears racing. 

 

     "Yes... almost sounds like..."

 

     "A memory charm..." Hermione cut in quickly before he could finish his words. "I can cast a detection spell when we see her next, but we have to be delicate." 

 

      "What do we do if we find something?" Harry asked her. 

 

    "We investigate..." she replied. 

 

   "We are not aurors yet, we can't build our own cases." He said. 

 

    "I was thinking we would investigate like old times..." she murmured. 

 

     Just then Ginny grasped Harry around the neck and triumphantly looked at the two of them. "I won, want to play with us?" 

 

    "I'm not playing with Hermione, she's too good with wandless magic now to be trusted." Ron chuckled, coming over to them. "If any of you want to play chess later though...."

 

   "NO!" The three of them said in unison as they remember the plethora of losses they had endured. 

 

    "By the way!" Harry said with a grin. "Did you know Mackenzie was in Hufflepuff, I heard one of the other junior auror's talking about it..."

 

     Ron laughed exaggeratedly. "The hat works in mysterious ways, It must pick at random most of the time, there is no way the dispersion would be so equal otherwise."

 

   "Or else everyone now would want to be in Gryffindor..." Ginny added. "You three made it rather popular..." 

 

    "It is obviously the best house..." Ron said. "That's why all of us ended up there!"

 

     "And I only made it in by the skin of my teeth." Harry chuckled. 

 

      After a few pints, the four of them decided it was time to walk back to the burrow. Hermione shivered even more once the day slowly turned to sunset and Ginny laughed at her as she held her tight to keep her warm. 

 

    The whole family arrived for dinner, there were more meat pies than anyone could ever eat but Ron and Ginny certainly made a valiant effort before finally moving on to dessert. 

 

    "So? How is everything in the Auror department?" Arthur asked his son excitedly. 

 

    "All the junior Aurors barely get any of the good cases dad..." Ron said through a mouthful of apple pie. 

 

    "He's being modest." Hermione cut in. "He took on a full sized rouge thestral the other day and was awarded junior auror of the month!" 

 

    "Oh how wonderful!" Molly said proudly, piling more pie onto Ron's plate. 

 

    "How darling!! We can put it right next to Purceys head boy badge!!" George cooed, causing his elder brother to scowl in his direction. 

 

     Molly ignored George's joke and continued on. "Excellent idea, I would love a copy of the award for the mantle, how about you George? How are things with the shop?" 

 

   "Well..." said George slowly to keep them all in suspense. "Since the deal just went through, I suppose I can tell you. I am now the proud owner of WWW and Zonkos as of yesterday." 

 

    "You bought Zonkos??" Ginny squealed from beside him, finally putting down her fork to wrap an arm around him. 

 

     "Yes! The more shenanigans the better I think." George winked at her, wiping food off her smiling face before she gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

 

    "Congratulations!" Said Bill. "I think this calls for a toast! Too George and Ronald!"

 

     Everyone raised their glasses, causing Ron to blush ever so slightly and drank to their families success... even Purcy. 

 

     "By gods! Stop it already. This will go right to Ronalds head if we are not careful." George said seriously before taking a sip of his drink. He promptly spat out his beer, which had turned a repulsive shade of green and glowered around the table. 

 

     "Okay! Who Is trying to poison me?" He said as he downed some water and pie to mask the taste. 

 

     "What? I thought you liked trolls urine..." Ron barked as he laughed uncontrollably at his own prank. 

 

     "Only on special occasions..." George gasped, as his taste buds became inflamed with the musk. "Since when did you become the prankster... you have no idea what you have started."

 

   "Perhaps this is payback for your endless pranks on him after all these years..." Charlie laughed. "I think you two might almost be even now." 

 

    As the family laughed and joked together, Harry suddenly noticed that Hermione wasn't paying much attention. 

 

    "Hey." He said quietly. "Did you just see what happened? Ron finally managed to pull a fast one on George, this is almost as big a milestone as a marriage in the family... where are you right now?" 

 

    She blinked herself out of her reverie and looked at her best friend. "I just... really need to find out what happened to Lunas mother... something is just not right." She said quietly.

 

   Harry sighed and leaned back into his chair. "Remember what they teach us in Auror training about compartmentalization? It's something you could use practice on. I've been thinking about it too... but there's nothing we can do until we visit with her on Sunday." 

 

    "I know... you're right of coarse." She murmured as she tried to refocus on the conversation.

Notes:

Way to go Ron!

Chapter 28: Knowing

Summary:

Harry and Hermione find information.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  

    After dinner, Hermione headed upstairs early to her room that she now shared with Ronald. Harry and Ginny were allowed to sleep in the same room since they were now married. 

 

    She took a large dose of dreamless sleep and got under the covers of her patchwork quilt and stared up at the quidditch posters. 

 

     Her mind was busy with theories but she was also pondering what a memory charm on Luna would mean. She didn't want to stir up any bad memories for her friend, so she would have to be discreet for this sensitive task. 

 

    Her soulbond was also causing her immense inner turmoil, she hated being away from Draco for even a day at a time, but she pushed it down as much as she could. 

 

   She had been able to feel through the soulbond that Draco was hiding something from her, she suspected it the minute he had taken the book with him to a casual night out at the bar, but she would figure that out in due time. 

 

   Sleep finally came once she cleared her mind and tried to breathe slowly, but the nightmares crept through the potion's barriers and were like a suffocating fog inside her head. 

 

    Ron woke her up in the middle of the night when she started to scream. She looked around hazily at his worried face and told him to go to bed before casting a silencing charm over herself. She didn't want to wake the entire household with her noises. 

 

    She found herself rather tired the next morning but played it off, saying she had a headache. Harry always knew better than that though and took her aside asking her what she had dreamt about the night before. He was always very concerned with any nightmares she, Ginny or Ron had, possibly because he had once shared so many through his connection with Voldemort. 

 

   He badgered her, wondering if she was connecting with something more sinister than her soulbond but she couldn't remember what her dreams were about because of the potion. She could only remember waking up under extreme stress and confusion, but nothing more.

 

    The day went by quickly, ending in a rather extreme prank on Ron from his brother. 

 

    George had dared him to do a difficult move on a trick broomstick, that had instead caused Ronald to fly off of it right over the nearby, gnome-infested swamp. Luckily Ron had found it funny after consuming so many butter beers, so the two made a truce for the rest of the weekend and carried on with dinner as usual. 

 

    Later that evening, the Weasleys were caught up in their conversation and Hermione found herself alone with Harry and Theo in a nook off to the side. 

 

    "Try this Theo, Molly said it's the best pear brandy on the market in Devon," Harry said as he poured a glass for the three of them, giving Hermione a significant look. 

 

     "Ohhh! Old lady brandy, how Devine." Theo laughed as he tipped back the amber liquid and took a large gulp. "With a hint of... Revelio pop... you two are incorrigible." 

 

    "If you tell us what you are up to... and now, I won't tell Draco you told me," Hermione said calmly to her brunette friend. "What are you three planning."

 

     "The Silver Trio never tells." Theo tried, biting his lips hard as he could. 

 

      "The Golden Trio never gives in..." Harry said with a smile as he watched Theo struggle. 

 

      "I'm going to repeat myself once Theo... what are you planning..." Hermione said with an intimidating calmness. 

 

      Theo squeezed his eyes shut, which in turn seemed to pop his mouth open and he revealed their entire plan. The Ministry, the invisibility cloak and the plot to break into Wayguard's house.

 

     "Do you really think Draco can break into Wayguard's house without detection?" Hermione asked thoughtfully as she considered everything Theo had told them. 

 

      Theo gave her an annoyed glance, still feeling guilty after letting his best friend's secret slip so easily. "Of course he can... have you any idea the kinds of curses he's come into contact with?" 

 

    "... and he suspects the bonds have been cut already?" Said Harry with worry.

 

    "Unfortunately yes..." Theo said, looking down at Hermione and wrapping an arm around her as she puzzled.

 

    "The book hinted as much..." she said slowly. 

 

    "So... are you going to rat me out to Draco?" Theo said with a gulp. 

 

     "No..." She stated plainly. "I think it's a rather good plan. As long as nobody gets caught."

 

     "You do??" Harry said incredulously to his best friend.

 

     "He's hiding something, whether he intends to kill us or not. His house would be a perfect place to start to set our minds at ease. If nothing is there, at least we will know I have nothing to worry about." She said. 

 

     "You're not going to say anything right?" Theo said as they sat against the window. 

 

     "No..." Hermione and Harry said in unison, keeping secrets was surprisingly easy for these particular Gryffindors. 

 

      They sat in silence for a moment before Ron meandered over to them, treacle tarts in hand. "Anyone up for wizard's chess?" 

 

    "Definitely!" Theo said quickly, jumping up from the spot and downing the contents of his brandy he had already spilled the Berties bots and wasn't concerned about saying anything more with the rest of the Revelio pops...

 

     Hermione stopped him for a moment and gave him a big hug, which he returned affectionately. 

 

     "Thank you for telling the truth..." she said. 

 

     "You don't make it easy to lie..." he said, before letting go and walking away with Ron. 

 

      Once he had fully disappeared, leaving Hermione and Harry alone, her dark-haired friend gave her a knowing look. 

 

     "I know what you just did... Brightest Witch of her age is an understatement." He sighed. 

 

     "I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about..." she replied holding a small container in her hand. 

 

   

 

    Sunday had finally arrived. Harry and Hermione left for Lunas and walked in silence as they strode beneath the billowing clouds and dramatic English landscape, reminding them of the times they spent on the run. 

 

     Once they passed the dirigible plums and gnome houses to the front door, they finally ascended the steps and knocked twice. 

 

     They heard some shuffling from behind the door and were met with both Luna and Xenophillious Lovegood, smiling and pulling them into their whimsical home.

 

     Harry wrapped his arms around Luna and hugged her tight. 

 

     "How are you, Luna! How is everything in the North?" He said happily. Only Hermione saw the undertone of guilt that laced his words. 

 

    "Oh, it's wonderful!" She said with a smile as she led them both to a cozy sitting room off to the side. 

 

     They talked extensively about their careers and the blonde told them of her trials and tribulations of expanding the population of Norwegian Night-whales. They only ate rainbow krill which was a rarity since it was harvested for a common potion. 

 

    Luna being Luna though, picked up on the tension rather quickly and led them to the topic they were too polite to discuss. 

 

    "I sense you are here because you are after a piece of information that is important to you," Luna said matter of factly.

 

    Harry looked at Hermione and their eyes met briefly before falling to the floor. Both their hands clasped tightly in their laps.

 

   "If you have a question... I would like to hear it." She watched as the two squirmed in their seats but learned from her father that she needed to be fearless to get hard information from people. 

 

    "I'm so sorry Luna...." Hermione said into her hands.

 

     "Luna... it's not that's simple." Harry said shaking his head. 

 

     "Harry, it is always that simple, it just takes the nerve to say what you need to say." She said with conviction as she watched her friends struggle. 

 

    "Luna!! I think you might have been put under a memory charm, I'm not going to say anything more but it could be of significance to me." Hermione finally said awkwardly.

 

    Luna stared contemplatively for a moment at her former schoolmate before talking again. "Then whatever I can do to help..." She said calmly to her friends. 

 

    "Are you alright with not asking questions for now?" Harry asked her gently. 

 

     "Yes," Luna said kindly as she waited patiently. 

 

      Hermione moved closer to Luna and pulled out her wand to perform the spell that would give them the answers. The wand was placed onto Luna's palm, which caused her lifeline to glow blue. A small red flash appeared by the base of her palm, telling Hermione Luna had in fact been charmed at a young age. 

 

     She gave Harry a solemn nod. 

 

    "I promise, you will be the first to know once we know ourselves what this means," Harry said to his friend Luna as he and Hermione hugged her and walked towards the exit. 

 

    "Luna...  can I borrow these?" Hermione said as she saw a pair of Spectrespecs sitting on a nearby shelf. 

 

    "Yes. We have rather a lot of them..." Luna said as she took a sip of her tea and smiled at them. 

 

    "Thanks!" Hermione said, pocketing the glasses and heading out the door. 

 

    "That was horrible..." Harry said quietly once they were back on the path to the Burrow. 

 

     She placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a sorry look. "If it turns out to be true, do you think it will be better to know rather than not?" 

 

     "That her mother's death was intentional? It's debatable." He sighed as they continued on their way. "Can you imagine what she will have to relive once the memory charm is removed?" 

 

     "Luna is stronger than you think... and she values the truth above all else," Hermione said comfortingly. "The gala is a month away... I'm sure we can gather more information on Wayguard until Draco's break-in."

 

    "Are you going to tell him you know?" He asked her. 

 

    "No... I think it's best if he does this on his own. He won't have the same focus if he knows I'm worried about him." 

 

   "You sure know how to handle that man..." Harry laughed as he ran a hand through his dark hair. 

 

    "One can only try." She sighed. 

 

 

     Once the pair were back at the burrow, they packed up their things and moved downstairs to leave. Molly gave Harry and Hermione one more hug before they departed to Diagon Alley. 

 

    "I do hope you are taking care of yourselves, if you are having any troubles I hope you know you can always come to Arthur and me." She said affectionately before kissing them on their cheeks. 

 

     Hermione smiled. "Thank you for such a wonderful weekend, Molly, I hope to see you soon!" She said before stepping into the hearth. 

 

   •

 

     The golden girl's heart stopped when she saw him waiting for her at the door. 

 

     He wandlessly charmed her luggage to put itself away and then strode over and wrapped her in his arms. 

 

     He laughed as he looked her up and down, then dragged her to the couch to shower her with searing hot kisses. 

 

   "How was your weekend love?" He murmured, lowering himself down to her neck where he sucked lightly on a pulse point. 

 

    "It was good, how was France?" She sighed as she wrapped her legs around his waist. 

 

     "It was tedious, I would have way rather been there with you. I see you wore the skirt I told you not to bring." He teased as he ran a finger up her skirt. 

 

    "Since when do I ever do what you tell me to!" She said back with a smile before they fell off the couch and onto the floor. 

 

     "Did you have any nightmares while you were away?" He asked, barely letting her answer as his lips hit hers again harshly. 

 

     She groaned lightly as he pressed against her through his trousers. 

 

    "None that I can remember." She said slowly as she pulled his hair and licked from his collarbone to his ear, suckling lightly on his lobe. 

 

     "Next time I go to France, you are coming with me." He sighed in pleasure as she rubbed herself harder against him, her skirt fully hiked up. "Is this silk?" 

 

     She sighed as he touched her, exploring everything he had missed from their few days apart. 

 

   "It is... also I don't think sitting with your mother at teatime is exactly how I would like to spend a vacation." She smirked, furrowing her eyebrows together once he gently stroked her where she wanted him to. 

 

    "Well... she wouldn't be there... if we had our own place..." 

 

     She ran her hands up his cotton-clad back, tracing his suspenders before grasping on tight to his built shoulders. "You want to buy a place in France?" 

 

    "Why not? Wouldn't you prefer the Eiffel Tower as your view?" He breathed against her lips. 

 

    "And not our lovely atrium where we can spy on all the neighbours?" She said as her tongue ran along his in a passionate embrace. 

 

    He pulled away and caged her in his arms as he looked down at her. "Well... we could have both... we could have it all. You deserve to have a view in every beautiful city in the world." He whispered, combing her hair behind her head with his long fingers. 

 

    "One apartment is fine for now... plus I would want to pay half." She said frankly. 

 

    "I would never allow you to." He sighed. 

 

    "As long as they all go to me after the messy public divorce..." she laughed, watching his cheeks flush in annoyance. 

 

    "Are you trying to get a rise out of me?" He joked as he tickled her sides. 

 

    "Don't!!!" She shrieked as he pinned her down and continued his assault. 

 

     Ollie came out of the cat door at that moment and began batting at Draco lazily with his sharp claws. Bijou simply watched from the sidelines, placing bets in her mind. 

 

    "Ollie!! Get him!" Hermione laughed as she tried to break free. 

 

    "Ow... damn it, he bit me." Draco cried out.

 

    "Oh come on, he barely grazed you!" Hermione chuckled as she finally got up off the floor. "I have to unpack."

 

    "Fine... but don't forget it's naked Pasta Sunday, you have 10 minutes." He replied impatiently.

Notes:

I apologize for my Luna... she is someone I am terrible at writing. I tried... I tried hahaha!

Chapter 29: The Gala

Summary:

When the shit finally hits the fan.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  A month had gone by...

 

  The Hallows Eve Gala was tonight and Hermione got ready silently as she did the finishing touches on her hair and make-up. 

 

   So many things could go wrong if Draco and his friends weren't careful, but Hermione had planned for as many outcomes as she could manage.

 

   Still, her stomach fluttered uncomfortably, imagining all the worst things that could happen if they weren't careful.

 

   Draco had acted perfectly normal the last month but she could feel his unease, she still hadn't told him she knew of his plan and she knew now that was for the best. 

 

   She had given him as much space as she could until that night so that he could get his secret plan together without interruption. 

 

   She slowly finished her lipstick and looked at herself in the mirror reflectively. 

 

   This is it. She thought to herself as she opened the bathroom door and walked down the stairs. 

 

    Draco was sat on the couch, staring at the bookshelf before he noticed her presence and looked over his shoulder. 

 

    She memorized the way he looked at her. He barely grazed her outfit, just studied her face with an unreadable expression laced with adoration. 

 

    "You look beautiful..." he said with a low, penetrating voice, standing up and slowly walking over to her. 

 

    He ran a finger over her dark black silk fabric and sighed with melancholy, eyes never leaving hers. 

 

  "I wish you could come with me." She whispered. 

 

   "I'm always with you." He said, running a finger over her wedding ring with his thumb. 

 

    She looked at her watch and furrowed her brows slightly. It was the time she had been dreading all night. 

 

    Hermione looked at him for a long moment, then wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his chest. "I have to meet Ron and Harry at the Ministry now." 

 

   "Of course." He said, clearing his throat and pressing a kiss to her lips. It started slowly and then turned nearly desperate before she broke away first. 

 

   "Now I really have to go," she murmured. 

 

   She turned away from him and walked into the hearth, grasping a handful of floo powder before looking at him intensely. 

 

    "Whatever you have planned for tonight, I hope you know what your doing..." she said knowingly before dropping the powder and disappearing into the flames. 

 

   Draco stared at the empty hearth for a long moment, slightly speechless after what she had just admitted to knowing.

 

   She knew... of course, she fucking knew. 

 

   He took a deep breath and headed to grab some supplies before throwing on a cloak and disappearing into the hearth a moment later. 

 

  

 

   Hermione took a few deep breaths after the moment she had with Draco and stood in the shadows before walking over to Harry and Ron. 

 

    She patted a secret pocket to make sure she remembered her spectrespecs, relaxing when she felt them there, then Harry gave her a deliberate look which she returned with a nod before he lent her his arm to walk into the crowded entrance. 

 

   Every important member of the Ministry and the Wizarding world was there. She recognized Henry Price and gave him a short wave while he walked with his assistant Dyani. She also saw Katya, who was talking with her boss Brian Bletcher and Kingsley Shacklebolt who was whispering to his right-hand man... Damian Wayguard. 

 

  Damian caught her eye and she breathed in sharply as his eyes moved down her body and then back to her eyes with a deranged look. 

 

   She shuddered and leaned in closer to Harry, who glared dangerously at Wayguard when he saw who she was looking at. He wrapped an arm around her protectively before they were directed to the main Ballroom. 

 

    "Come on... let's go." 

 

  

 

   Draco held the mirror in his hand and saw Theo and Blaise looking at him from the other side. "Is he giving his speech now?" He said quietly, staring up at the house at the manor at the end of a dirt path. 

 

   "He's walking up to the stage now! GO!" Said Blaise.

 

    Draco hurried to the edge of the wards and stared up at them, calculating exactly what he was dealing with before expertly decoding them with as much undetectable magic he could manage. 

 

    Once through the tangled web of protection spells which only took him about 5 minutes, he slowly made his way through the garden path and then walked around the house, trying to figure out which window or door had the least amount of protection on them. 

 

   Typically, people warded their bathroom windows the least, for they had not as much concern for that room of the house than the others, but Wayguard had warded them all the same, particularly the cellar door...

 

   Draco decided then and there that was the best place to start. He pulled out his wand again and began to pull apart the wards, one by one. He grabbed the mirror from his pocket and checked in with Theo. 

 

   "What's going on over there?" He said with a gasp, grappling with a particularly difficult protection spell. 

 

    "He's just finished his speech and now he is just.. speaking with Kingsley," Theo whispered from under the cloak. 

 

    "I'm almost inside..." he grunted again, feeling the magic within his arm begin to tire slightly. Then with a pop, his entrance was cleared and he was through the cellar doors in a quick moment. 

 

    The room looked like an average basement... and Draco crept around very slowly, using detection spells as he went. 

 

    He almost gave up... seeing nothing, until he felt a strange draft where there shouldn't have been one. He couldn't detect it with his wand but he knew it was there...

 

    Next to the draft, he saw a piece of chalk, sitting unassumingly on a shelf next to a bunch of odds and ends. He realized then what he needed to do. 

 

    This was old magic, one he had only heard of briefly in Spanish wizarding books.

 

    The chalk was meant to draw a door, which would only last for 10 minutes before it trapped whoever was using it inside. 

 

    Draco steeled himself and drew in a deep breath before picking up the white chalk and drawing a large square against the wall to permit his entry. 

 

    Once completed, the edges of the chalk sizzled and he was able to push inside of the dark room. 

 

    He coughed when the pressure from opening the door caused the air inside to disturb the settled dust and cascaded over him.

 

    Once he rubbed his eyes and allowed them to adjust, he looked around the room in utter disbelief... 

 

 

 

   Hermione stared at her watch... Damian gave a long and quite eloquent speech. But she wondered if 10 minutes was enough time for Draco to follow through with the task at hand... she went into a dark corner and put on the spectresceps that she had spelled to be completely invisible and looked around the room for the swarm of Nargles that she had infested Theo with incrementally over the month.

 

    She saw them from the corner of her eye, close to the exit, and relaxed slightly knowing the plan was in effect. 

 

   Draco still had time, if he was quick. Wayguard still was in a long conversation with Shacklebolt. He didn't have the look of someone whose house had just been broken into...

 

   20 minutes. She thought to herself. 

 

   Harry cast a silencing charm over the two of them and stole her attention from her watch. "Do you think he will be much longer?" 

 

 "I have no idea how difficult the wards will be... we just have to wait..." she whispered, despite the silencing charm. 

 

  That's when the award ceremony began to honour the outstanding efforts of the witches and wizards in the room. Ending with Harry.

 

  "I'll be as quick as I can," Harry said, giving her arm a quick squeeze before slipping into the crowd...

 

  

 

   Draco looked around the massive room in astonishment. There were hundreds, If not thousands of trinkets and dark items. Some he recognized from Bellatrix's vault. 

 

  They were war spoils...

 

  Wayguard would have been one of the first people to examine everything, being the overseer of the Department of Mysteries, and clearly took advantage of it. 

 

   This changed everything... after looking around quickly and mentally categorizing everything, Draco exited the room hastily before the door disappeared and made his way through the wards and out of the house again.

 

   He pulled out his mirror again and looked at Theo's nervous face from the other side. 

 

    "What is going on over there?" Blaise asked as he and Theo looked back at him. 

 

    "Looks like Wayguard took whatever he wanted from the war. He could have anything... this changes things. I need to get Hermione out of Britain." 

 

    "We're following him now... he's heading to the Department of Mysteries," Theo murmured as he glanced at Blaise. 

 

    "Get Hermione out of there! Change of plans." Draco said hurriedly, but the mirror suddenly went black before they could answer...

 

  

 

   Harry stepped up on the podium and watched his friend as she looked back into thin air behind her in the crowd.

 

   He gave a short speech and tried to keep her in sight but was distracted by the press asking question after question, losing her to the large crowd. He searched for Wayguard too, but he suddenly realized that he wasn't beside Shacklebolt anymore. 

 

   He panicked and tried to answer all the questions as diligently as he could... still frantically searching the crowd. 

 

   They had gone about this all wrong... now she was going after Waguard with Theo and Blaise as he just stood there helplessly trying to maintain his answers. He had to get out of there. 

 

   Ron looked at him oddly and then began to look around the crowd for Hermione as well. 

 

   Harry regretted not telling Ron... but he and Hermione had agreed to keep the circle small. Luckily Ron already suspected Wayguard anyways and picked up on Harry's panic right away. 

 

   Finally, Harry was freed from his speech and nearly jumped off the stage, whispering to Ron quietly as they exited the room. 

 

  

 

   As soon as Harry was gone, Hermione watched as Damian walked with purpose from the room. 

 

   Was Draco finished yet? She was so in the dark with this plan she had no idea. She had originally planned on Harry coming with her under a disillusionment charm but now she had to work alone.

 

   She watched as the small stream of Nargles exited the room behind Wayguard and then followed, casting a silencing charm over herself as she slipped through the crowd under a notice-me-not charm. 

 

   She gave one last glance over her shoulder at Harry and then she snuck from the door and followed the Nargles down the long halls of the Ministry, staying close to the edges of the wall. 

 

   The disillusionment charm worked like that of a Chameleon... you needed to be near something to blend in, and it wasn't perfect but here she was, following her two friends into the eerily quiet depths of the Ministry. 

 

   The deeper they went, the more the dread set in... as she thought of all the things that could go wrong.

Notes:

Totally ripped off Pan’s Labyrinth with the chalk thing... I’ll admit it;) I have about 5 chapters already written after this too! Thanks for being so patient!

Chapter 30: Sacrifice

Summary:

What has Damian been planning...

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  Hermione stood stock still when she realized where the Nargles led...

 

  She was standing at the door of the death chamber that contained the veil of souls.

 

  Taking a shuttering breath, she pushed through the decrepit door with the strongest silencing charm she could muster as she entered the dark and eerie room. 

 

   She looked around, blinking furiously in the low light to try and help her vision adjust. It appeared nobody was in there. 

 

   Terror flooded her adrenaline system and she began to bolt for the exit before a loud voice stopped her in her tracks. 

 

   "Well well well... if it isn't the Golden girl coming to join the party." She heard Damian's voice ring out in the emptiness. 

 

    She searched around the area and saw him, slithering out from behind the veil, watching it appraisingly. 

 

   "I've always loved this room..." he said with a sigh as he looked around. "Did you know, they used to wipe out mudbloods like you by the hundreds... right here." He said pointing to the archway with a raised brow, watching her reactions curiously. 

 

    She recoiled at his harsh words but forced herself to point her wand at him anyway, still trying to look around for her friends. 

 

    "Wondering where your friends are?" He said ominously. "Don't worry, I haven't killed them yet." 

 

   He used his wand to whip the cloak from the two paralyzed wizards that were on the ground by his feet and she gasped... running down the steps until she stopped herself again.

 

   "How did you see them?" She said scathingly as she tried to see for signs of breathing from  Theo and Blaise. 

 

    Damian chuckled as he cast a revealing charm over his left eye.

 

    She looked at him in horror as she saw Moody's eye, rolling around in its socket, settling on her chest when it finally stilled. 

 

    "The eye that Moody possessed had some incredible uses. It can see many things that are invisible to the naked eye... including Nargles, magical cores and even... soul bonds. Funny how nobody looked for it once he was dead." 

 

   A huge wave of guilt dropped on Hermione's head as she realized she was the reason Blaise and Theo got caught...

 

  "You can see... our soulbond..." she said slowly. Trying to think of ways to stall him while she thought of a way to get them all out of there safely. 

 

   "Why yes... when I cut the four bonds from Draco, I watched as they coiled and died, forcing the heart bond to grow, compensating for the loss. You see my dear... there is only one bond left now."

 

   Draco's bonds had been cut... the dreams she had, the snapping, the fear. It had all been real. 

 

   "What about the other two?" She asked slowly. 

 

    She watched as he pulled something from his pocket and looked at it with a smirk. "Those were the most difficult... I'll admit. First I had to make a talisman of you since your friends never left your side. All it took was blood, bone and hair— I already had bone and blood from the late Bellatrix's knife she used to carve you up... all I needed was hair, which I received easily during our first little "chance encounter" at the cafe. Remember? Then I had to make sure it worked..." he said with a sinister voice as he pressed the center of the little doll in his hand.

 

   Hermione felt the familiar lung-crushing pain in her chest and dropped to the ground, clutching her wand with all her focus as the air left her lungs. 

 

   "When I tried it the first time... all I needed to do was go through the cases of St.Mungoes that night... and sure enough. Your name was on the list. They would never have seen it... it's old magic and it doesn't exist in our dimension... much like the soulbond you see." He then took his thumb from the doll and she gasped on the ground, greedily sucking in air as the pain lingered. 

 

   "Then all I had to do was get you alone... your friends didn't make that easy, but one little call to your friend Ronald and I was able to catch you alone in the witch's bathroom. Has anyone ever told you how peaceful you look in your sleep?" 

 

   The bile climbed her throat and she choked out on the ground from the dread she was feeling... 

 

   She could feel something else inside but suddenly her chest was compressed again... Damian was torturing her. She had to keep her mind focused, she had to think her way out of this before it was too late. 

 

   "Why? Why did you kill Pandora... why are you doing this to us?" She croaked at him...his eerie smile turning into a grimace. 

 

   "Clever witch... Pandora was my first attempt." He said reverently. "I used the imperious charm on her... the evidence wouldn't be there if she had cut out her own bond but she was already married, and extremely powerful. She made it through the curse though, unfortunately, and killed herself to damage the bond and keep her stupid husband alive. I charmed her daughter to cover my tracks of course... making it look like she cast a backfired jinx and nobody ever questioned it. It helped that I was the auror on the case at the time..." he said wickedly. 

 

   "And what do I want with you? I want your soulbond... to make the most powerful elder wand ever created... they existed thousands of years ago. They created Atlantis... the Pyramids of Giza... Machu Picchu... imagine what I could do with one now. I will be the most powerful Wizard that ever lived, Voldemort himself wouldn't even compare." He said imperiously. 

 

    Hermione continued to gasp for breath but felt a sudden shift from deep within her. She wasn't frightened anymore. She was livid. 

 

   She felt the magic... cording through her wand like molten armour preparing her for battle. She was ready for a fight. Nobody was going to hurt Draco, she would never allow that to happen. 

 

   "There's one problem with your little plan Wayguard." She said, managing to stand, even through the lancing pain. 

 

 "Oh? Do tell." He said mockingly. 

 

 "I am just as strong as Pandora... Draco and I are already married." She said with stone-cold iciness to her tone. 

 

   Damian's expression shifted and then glanced toward her heart center again. 

 

   "You see? If you're married it just means I have to kill both of you." He said pressing the doll as hard as he could at the center. 

 

   Hermione wavered momentarily as she felt the pain, but she compartmentalized it with everything she had and sent a disarming curse at him from across the room, causing him to drop the doll as he dodged it. 

 

    She was hardly breathing and her body was gasping for oxygen, but her mind and magic didn't waver. She sent curse after curse his way... he couldn't kill her if he wanted her bond. That was her advantage. 

 

    They battled furiously, Damian was an exceptional wizard when it came to duelling but she had much more to lose than him, she finally managed to slice his arm, badly, causing him to pause and grit his teeth before hiding behind the veil. 

 

  "You think that making a powerful wand will make you the next Dark Lord?" Britain has had enough, every magical creature will fight you to the death if they have to... you will never gain control of it... EVER." She yelled to him from behind the stone archway. 

 

  "Ahh, that's what you think but the double heartstring wand of two powerfully bonded soulmates will be unstoppable. I have been planning this for a long time, longer than you have been alive. I wish you could see it... how it glows inside your heart, its power is undeniable. We timed it perfectly. It's like a fine wine... maturing and fermenting, ready to unlock its full potential."

 

   He then sent a curse her way when she wasn't expecting it and she gasped as her wand flew from her fingers. 

 

   "Caught you." He sneered as he walked closer and closer to her from the archway. 

 

    He then looked down at Theo and Blaise and lifted them up so that they looked as though they were standing. 

 

    "What shall we do with these two? Hm?" 

 

   "DON'T TOUCH THEM!" Hermione shouted angrily as she ran over and tried to drag them uselessly away from the veil. 

 

    "Then you will do exactly as I say..." he said dangerously, pulling yet another dark object from his robes. "Cut your heart out." 

 

    'BOOOM' 

 

   They both paused and looked up towards the doors as they heard someone trying to get through to the other side.

 

    "Hurry, dear, or they go into the veil...lost forever to the souls beyond," Damian said threateningly. He then began to levitate their bodies slowly toward the archway as the booming continued on the doors above them. 

 

    "NO!!! Hermione screamed. "Stop! And I'll do it."

 

     He smiled wickedly and continued to move their bodies closer anyways, causing her to panic as he tossed her the knife. 

 

    She thought of Draco, Harry, Ron, Ginny and her parents. Her world flashed before her eyes as she watched her two friends floating helplessly to their deaths. She realized there was only one answer... 

 

   Forgive me Draco. 

 

   She sent a shockwave of love and the happiness of her memories through their bond as she wandlessly threw both Theo and Blaise off to the side with every little bit of magic she could muster before she ran.

 

   She thrust herself headfirst into the veil... hearing Draco's roar echo throughout the room as she disappeared.

Notes:

Wowza, didn’t realize I had it in me to write dark... but here we go.

Chapter 31: Helpless

Summary:

You will see lol...

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

   Draco apparated to the Ministry. 

 

   Since he was still banned, he cracked a gaping hole through the side of the building with everything his magic had and ran... he ran to her... 

 

   He could feel her terror, guilt, strength and power flowing through him as if it were his own. It was guiding him like a beacon of light and he followed it like a lifeline. 

 

   "Stop!!" He could hear someone scream. It sounded like Mackenzie but he wasn't sure. 

 

   He ran into the Department of Mysteries and kept looking at the mirror in hope one of his friends would answer. Suddenly he ran straight into Potter and Weasley as they seemed to be doing the same thing he was doing.

 

  "WHERE IS SHE!!" He screamed at Potter. 

 

   "She followed Theo and Blaise! I lost her Malfoy! I'm sorry!" He answered back frantically. 

 

   "We've told Shacklebolt that she sent a distress patrons, everyone is looking for her!" Ron said hastily as they began to follow Draco. 

 

    He was faster than all of them though and quickly left them in his dust before they could catch up.

 

   "Malfoy stop! We need to do this together!" Harry said, losing him when he went into the elevator and down to the bottom floor, locking them out. 

 

   Hermione, wait for me, I'm coming love. 

 

   He spoke to her through their bond as he felt her using her magic to its highest capacity... he could feel her duelling. He could feel her anger and power. 

 

   Wait for me. Wait for me. Wait for me.

 

    Once through the dark elevator, he saw a group of Aurors at the door of the death chamber and his heart sunk. There were 12 of them trying to get through and they couldn't manage... he saw Shaklebolt looking at him, raising his wand to disarm him but Draco deflected it. 

 

   "MOVE!!" Draco shouted to the crowd. 

 

   "You're not allowed to be here!" One of the older Aurors said. 

 

   "I'm only going to ask you once..." Draco said... causing the Aurors to back away In fear of him. 

 

    Draco stood at the door and sent a shockwave of wandless magic so large that the walls around them started to crumble, Shacklebolt ordered the Aurors to stand down as Draco pounded the door with his explosive force once more.

 

   Suddenly, Draco felt Hermione's thoughts through his bond...

 

   He slammed his fists into the door, crumbling the hallway as he felt her... saying goodbye. 

 

   "NOOOO!!!" He screamed. The ceiling caved in and the walls around them crumbled, leaving only the door standing and everything else open, as he ran into the room.

 

   he saw Wayguard standing there, staring into the veil as Hermione disappeared into it...

 

   He was too late. He felt the bond rip violently from his chest as she left him, sinking to his knees in exhaustion and agony from the loss of her. 

 

   He wanted to kill Wayguard, he wanted to end the whole world entirely, for she wasn't a part of it. But he could move anymore... he was paralyzed and caged in his pain and exhaustion. 

 

   •

 

  Hermione flung herself into the veil... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Nothing....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Nothing....

 

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

 

Nothing....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   At first, she felt nothing... and then she began to see a white ethereal plane, under her weightless body... it felt nice.

 

   It was not dark nor light, it was not warm nor cold, it was living but not. 

 

   Where was she? She couldn't remember. 

 

    Then suddenly the memories came flashing back... she remembered Draco... she remembered her friends, her life, her world. She needed to get back to them.

 

    She stood up abruptly and searched her soulbond for Draco... she could still feel him... he was in pain... he needed her. 

 

    "Hello?" She yelled out, causing a large ripple in the thick air to pulse out from the vibrations of her voice... 

 

    She yelled out a few more times, starting to panic that this was the end, until... a large while light appeared in the far distance.

 

    She squinted as it glided towards her... realizing it was a large ethereal body. It looked like a dementor... but light. 

 

    Hermione knew she should be scared... but she was enchanted by the large creature. 

 

    "I need to go back..." she pleaded with the being, whose face was covered with a hooded cloak. "They need me... I can't die... they need me..." she cried... falling to her knees as she begged for her life. 

 

    The being held out its hand and pointed to her chest...

 

    She looked down in awe as three shining lights appeared from her chest, one was gold, one was green and one was silver...

 

    "The soulbond and the marriage bond? Take them! I don't want them! Take them and let me go back please!" She continued. 

 

    The being accepted her gifts, holding them in its hands before putting them into its pocket. 

 

    Nodding slowly, the light creature removed the cloak and revealed that it was in fact Sirius... standing in front of her and smiling back. 

 

     She couldn't believe it was him, she had so much she wanted to say to him, so much she wanted to ask him, she nearly forgot she was begging for her life. 

 

    "Oh god's..." Hermione cried, running to him and wrapping her arms around him. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder and bent down to speak into her ear. 

 

    "Go..." he whispered, looking into her eyes pleadingly. 

 

    "Go? Go where?" She asked, wiping the tears from her eyes in confusion and looking around. 

 

    "GO!!" He shouted again, pushing her with a huge force and causing her to fly back through the veil. 

 

   •

 

  Harry and Ron finally made it down to the last floor, the entire hallway was collapsed in on itself and witches and wizards were peering down from the floors above, wondering what had happened. 

 

  "What's going on?" Ron asked Shacklebolt. 

 

  "Draco Malfoy brought down the whole floor... but he was too late..." Shacklebolt said sadly as they came around to look into the death chamber room. 

 

  "He was too late?" Harry repeated slowly... walking like a zombie to the stadium-like room. It was like the war all over again, Malfoy was passed out on the floor close to the dais, hand outstretched to the veil. Theo and Blaise were petrified on the floor nearby and Damian Wayguard was on his knees getting magically chained by the Aurors...

 

  "Where... where is Hermione..." Harry choked. This was like Sirius all over again. 

 

   "She... she jumped into the veil... we don't know why, but Wayguard has been arrested."

 

    Ron and Harry looked at each other and they both walked down the stone steps to the Dias that held the arch. 

 

   "Hermione?" Harry said, in shock from what he had just heard. 

 

   "Hermione... you can't be gone..." Ron's voice cracked as he knelt in front of the veil, sobbing into his knee. 

 

    "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US!" Harry yelled out to the arch, losing himself entirely to the grief as soon as it hit him...

 

    Suddenly... they saw a flash of blonde, Draco looked half-dead as he ran towards the archway. 

 

  "Don't! Malfoy!!" Harry yelled as he intercepted the man from jumping headfirst into the veil. 

 

  "IF SHE'S THERE I NEED TO BE THERE WITH HER!" Draco shouted hoarsely, he was surprisingly easy to hold back, for he had lost much of his strength from blowing up the building. 

 

   "You can't Draco!! She's gone!" Ron said with tears streaming down his face. 

 

    Draco took a huge breath in and cast his elbow deep into Harry's solar plexus before running full speed to the archway again.

 

    "STOP!!" Harry screamed. 

 

    Suddenly, something shot out of the veil... right into Malfoy as he nearly crossed to the other side. 

 

    "What is that??" Harry said in shock. 

 

    He and Ron walked closer and realized it was Hermione... fallen atop Draco and passed out. 

 

    "Hermione!!" He exclaimed loudly, causing the Aurors to stop what they were doing and run over. 

 

   "...call the healers! She's alive but she and Malfoy are unconscious." A voice sounded from beside Harry. 

 

  "Potter... you need to step away... we will take care of them I promise." An unfamiliar voice said from beside him. 

 

   He nodded slowly... staring wide-eyed at the unconscious witch and wizard. 

 

   •

 

   "Wayguard has been taken to Azkaban... you won't have to worry about him again..." said Shacklebolt slowly. "I'm sorry I didn't take Draco's accusation more seriously, Wayguard was a friend of mine for years and I didn't see it." 

 

   "What happens now?" Asked Ginny, holding Harry in her arms as they sat in the waiting room of the hospital. "Can we see them yet?"

 

   Healer Michaels... the top healer in the world that Draco had employed during Hermione's accident was there, working on the pair of them. "You can see them... but when magical limits are overextended like this, it often causes the shut down of almost everything the body deems unnecessary to heal itself. It's not permanent, but they don't remember much. They also lost both their soulmate bond... and marriage bond, we don't know what the effect of losing these things are yet."

 

  "Marriage bond?" Harry and Ron said in unison... both looking at Ginny. 

 

   "I don't know anything about that..." Ginny lied... unconvincingly. "What about Blaise and Theo?" She asked again. 

 

   "They have been treated with the mandrake root and are currently speaking to the Auror department to see what they know," Shacklebolt said comfortingly. 

 

  "You can't interrogate them while they're recovering!!" Harry said, getting up from his chair. 

 

   "Potter, they all stopped a major criminal who was planning on taking over the world... they won't get in trouble for anything... even if it was against the law." He said winking at Harry knowingly. "If anything we are going to pin a medal on the lot of them..." 

 

   "Well... brilliant..." Ron said lamely as Harry sat back down and breathed out deeply. 

 

   "So can we see Hermione and Draco or what?" Ginny said again forcefully. 

 

    Healer Michaels shrugged and then smiled up at them... "You can... but at your own risk."

 

   "Just exactly how much do they remember?" Ron said inquisitively. 

 

   "Well... they learn new things about themselves every day... right now I think they are pretty close to the third year at Hogwarts with their memories... which is why we are confident they will regain everything back soon." 

 

    "But... she hated him in the third year..." Ginny smirked. 

 

    "Yes... we've gathered that much." The healer said with a small grin. 

 

    He then led them through winding corridors, through the Boils and Blisters ward, through the Magical Maladies ward and then to the Mysterious Illness ward. 

 

   "Now... just remember to remain calm and... well you'll see." He said as they heard shouting from the room next to them.

 

   They slowly peeked their heads through the door as Hermione was about to fling a sock at Draco. 

 

    "MARRIED? TO HIM?" She screeched as the sock hit an invisible wall and revealed Draco blushing beet red as she went on. "NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD I BECOME A MALFOY, SURELY THIS IS A JOKE!!" 

 

    Suddenly, Harry, Ginny and Ron entered, sitting on her bed and surrounding her with familiar friendly faces.

 

    "Tell me they are not serious!" She begged as she looked at her friend confusingly. "Why are you all... grown up? Harry, Ron... you've grown at least two feet between the two of you."

 

    Ginny grasped her hand and put a palm to her face. "Hermione, your 20 now... and yes... you and Draco are together." 

 

    "Did you just call me Draco? Excuse me but I don't recall us being friends!" Draco spat as he looked at her incredulously. 

 

    "Hey... I may like you now... but don't test it." Harry said cooly as he looked over at the familiar scowling Draco he recognized from years ago. 

 

    "Don't care!" Draco said loudly as he flopped his head back into the pillow. 

 

     "Okay, Hermione, it's time for your nap." Healer Michaels said to her before setting his wand atop her head three times. 

 

     She instantly fell asleep and began breathing deeply, the frown lines still etched in her young face. 

 

    "Cut the shit Draco, we all know you had a thing for Hermione from day one." Ron laughed. "We're friends now and you pretty much admitted it to the whole world... the jig is up mate. 

 

    "Why are you trying to trick me right now," Draco asked, reddening like a schoolboy. It looked unnatural with his large manly body. 

 

    Ginny went over to Draco and grasped his hand tightly, causing him much confusion. "We are friends now Draco... you helped us win the war, you're married to our best friend. This is not a trick." She said gently as she stroked his hand. 

 

   "I'm married to her..." Draco said quietly so that non of the others couldn't hear. 

 

    "Harry, Ron.. why don't you leave me and Draco to have a little chat." She said with a smile as she nodded for them to leave. 

 

    "Alright, we will go and grab something from the cafe," Harry said as he dragged Ron out of the room.

Notes:

I COULD NOT HELP MYSELF!! Sorry 😂. I had to fit this trope in somewhere!!! Just imagining third year Draco in a mans body sent me... more evil shenanigans to come. We are looking at about 7 more chapters before the end is upon us! So again, thank you for reading my ridiculous story, hope it brought you some happiness and leave a comment if there are any terrible mistakes I made or questions I didn’t answer yet! Cheers

Chapter 32: Broken Glass

Summary:

Hermione and Draco’s friends try and help the couple see eye to eye.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  "So... where would you like me to start?" Ginny asked Draco as he searched her face, still appearing distrustful. 

 

  "How did you know... that I liked her..." He mumbled, blushing profusely and refusing to meet her gaze. 

 

   "You told me Draco... friends remember?" She laughed. 

 

    "How did we... how did it happen?" He asked, taking a large breath as he braced himself for the answer. 

 

   "As soon as the war ended... you two just hit it off. It happened so fast. You two were just so much more alike... more than anyone knew. Once she decided you were a good person... the attraction followed soon after." She said as she bit her lips in attempt to quell the laughter. 

 

  "How are we alike? She's a mud... muggle-born..." he said quickly. 

 

   "Nice save, arsehole... you both are secretive, independent, incredibly smart and protective of eachother. That is probably what got you into this mess in the first place..." Ginny said seriously. 

 

   "She has always been very smart..." Draco said, mulling it over. 

 

    Ginny leaned toward Draco, deciding that it was best he have evidence rather than her trying to explain it to him. "Here... I was going to show this to you and Hermione when I thought the two of you were going to be... well.... you. But I'm going to show you now." She said pulling out a newspaper clipping from her jean pocket. "I don't think Hermione is ready to see it yet..."

 

   Draco's eyes widened as he looked down at the picture in his hands. 

 

   —

Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger Stop Dark Wizard from a Plot Most Sinister. 

 

 

  He stared at the photo in his hands curiously. It was of him and Hermione, looking nearly dead as they held eachother unconsciously on the ground. 

 

  "We look..." he began. 

 

  "In love?" Ginny said, grinning up at him. 

 

   He said nothing as he puzzled over the picture in his hands, looking suspicious still.

 

  That's when the healer came over and told them it was time for him to rest. 

 

    "I'm have to go now, but don't forget, she's the best thing that ever happened to you. I think older Draco would be disappointed in you if you didn't try and win her over again... you won't regret it." She winked. 

 

   "Can I keep this?" He asked her, holding the newspaper clipping possessively. 

 

    "Of course." She said with one last weary smile before turning away and exiting the room.  

 

  

 

    After a week or so, Hermione and Draco were now in their fourth year memories. Neither had regained their magic yet, but both were tested daily.

 

    While Draco stayed silent most of the time, starting to believe everything Ginny had told him, he was still only 14 in his mind and had no idea what to do with the angry witch next to his bed.

 

   "There is no way I married you! Perhaps you forgot that you called me a long-molared mudblood not long ago... have you lost it??" She cried as Draco sulked against his pillow, a grimace painting his face. 

 

   "Well, hello there my lovely little couple!!" Theodore Nott said as he came striding in with Blaise Zabini in tow. 

 

   Draco perked up instantly at the two familiar faces but Hermione continued to look defeated in the bed next to his, holding her head in her hands.

 

   "Oh dear... they weren't lying..." Theo said with a chuckle as he picked up on the obvious tension in the room. "Blaise, why don't you entertain Draco while I go ahead and steal Hermione for a minute."

 

   "Where are you two going?" Draco asked suddenly, looking at Hermione as she reluctantly got up and followed the stranger out of the room. 

 

    "We won't be long Drakey." Theo said dismissively as he led the Golden Girl out the door. 

 

    "Do we... know eachother?" Hermione asked the tall brunette with a furrowed brow. He was a stranger to her... and a handsome one at that, but he seemed awfully familiar with her as he rested an arm around her shoulder, guiding her from the room. 

 

    "Princess... you are breaking my heart, we went to school together! I'm Theodore Nott... also one of your best friends now!"

 

   "The Slytherin? I remember that you were always nice to me... I think...nicer than Malfoy at least..." she said miserably as they walked to a small nook by the end of the hallway.

 

   "Sweetheart... you have no idea what's happening, and I get that... but you two are married... and you two do love each other. Trust me it's incredibly frustrating for everyone else even being in the same room with you two..."

 

   "You have to understand... I feel like I was plucked from the Fourth year and placed here. Everyone is trying to convince me this... bully... is my husband, even after he tormented my best friends and me for four years straight! I just... can't believe it." She said looking down at her fidgeting hands.  

 

    "You would have felt differently if you had of seen the way he tore down Victor Krum's posters off his wall after the Yule Ball." He snickered.

 

    "No..." she said harshly. "I wouldn't have."

 

    Theo placed a large hand over her own and gave it a tight squeeze before lifting her chin to look up at him. 

 

    "Hermione... would 14 year old you believe that Draco Malfoy levelled an entire floor of the Ministry to try and save you? That's why his magic is drained... that's why he can't remember anything. You on the other hand... you jumped into CERTAIN death to save him, we are all still trying to forgive you for that and you don't even remember."

 

   "Can we stop talking about it now?" she said, blushing furiously at their contact...

 

    Theo pulled back his hands and gave her a devilish smile... he had forgotten he was a rather attractive man, talking with a 14 year old girl. He couldn't treat her like he did when they were best friends, even if it was rather entertaining.

 

    "What would you rather talk about then?" Theo said, sighing and leaning against the wall. 

 

   "I don't know... can you help me get my room changed. I don't want to be trapped with Malfoy anymore."

 

    Theo shook his head. "No... I can't get your room changed. Your magic was, at one point, bonded very tightly together with his. The healers predict that your memories will come back faster if you are in the same room with someone of a compatible magical signature."

 

    "I don't know if I want my memories back..." she said quietly. 

 

    They sat in silence for a moment before Hermione trembled slightly and a tear ran down her face. 

 

    "Sweetheart, it will be okay. You will remember everything eventually, you will remember eachother." He said comfortingly as he wrapped an arm around her. 

 

    "That's what I'm afraid of..." she said, looking into his blue eyes for a moment before getting up abruptly and walking back to the room, forcing Theo to chase after her. 

 

    Once she entered the room. Theo helped her into the bed and gave her a quick kiss on the hand, causing her to bite her lips and blush before settling herself against the headboard and glancing over at Malfoy tiredly. 

 

    Once Theo was across the room, sitting on Draco's bed, the blonde glared daggars at him. 

 

    "What?" Theo asked, ruffling his curly hair and looking sheepishly at his friend. 

 

    "Did you just make my wife blush..." Draco whispered dangerously, nearly ringing Theo's neck with his fingers at the realization. 

 

    "Well... a little friendly competition never hurt anyone." Blaise laughed as Theo's eyes widened. 

 

     "Did you just call her your wife?? Uhh! I think my heart just burst." Theo said theatrically as Draco punched him in the arm. 

 

     Why did Hermione already get along with Theo already but hate him so much after weeks... he sulked against the headboard as he grew jealous of his best friends obvious charms. 

 

   

 

   Ginny sat with Hermione as she picked away at small amounts of fruit and toast in the hospital cafeteria. "Is there any reason I picked Malfoy above... anyone else?" Hermione asked contemplatively before taking a bite of toast.

 

    "Is this about your little crush on Theodore? Trust me, he would not be able to handle you babe... you would have sent him over the edge already." 

 

   "He's just so... nice... and he's a lot taller than I remember." Hermione said with a small smile, peering up at her friend through her lashes. 

 

    Ginny gave her an exhausted look before sitting back in her chair. 

 

   "Yes... I'm sure fifth year Hermione who was still shy, prudish and reserved would have been a great match for Theo. But I need you to remember, you changed a lot after the war. You even look different now." 

 

   "I still look the same to me! My hair is still the same old rats nest... I still wear muggle clothes. How have I changed so much that I've become wife material to Draco Malfoy??" Hermione choked... dropping her head into her hands. 

 

  "I brought my clothes for you, I figured they would be more pre-war Hermione's style... your clothes are waiting for you at your place. You will remember everything soon enough... and we are all going to tease you relentlessly until your wedding."

 

   "We have a wedding coming up?" Hermione asked, slowly raising her head from the table. "I thought we were already married?"

 

   "You got married in secret... then decided to have a real one for everyone to attend." Ginny laughed. "You two do shite like this all the time... nobody even knew you were dating until they accidentally..." Ginny stopped suddenly... wondering if this was an appropriate table topic for a 15 year old. 

 

   "Until they accidentally... w-what?" Hermione stuttered. 

 

    Ginny sat there awkwardly for a moment. Not sure how to break it to 15 year old Hermione that an entire common room heard her and Draco shouting dirty profanities at one another. 

 

   "Never mind..." Ginny said as she tried to fill her mouth with food so she couldn't answer back. 

 

    "Tell me!!" Hermione urged her friend. 

 

     Ginny gave her a fully loaded smile, shaking her head back and fourth with vigour. 

 

     "Tell me!!!!" Hermione said again, starting to get frustrated and grasping the red heads hand. 

 

     "NO!" Ginny said firmly after swallowing her food. 

 

      "I deserve to know!!" Hermione shouted as she stood and glared down in exasperation at her friend, causing a few glasses to burst in the process. 

 

     "Hermione!!" Ginny said with an encouraging smile, turning her head to appraise the damage she had just caused. "Your magic is coming back! We need to get back to the room and tell Healer Michaels!" 

 

    A ghoul in the back of the cafeteria rolled his eyes as he went over with a magical broom to sweep up her mess. 

 

 

  Hermione's wandless magic outburst had followed Draco's angry outburst nearly moments after, when he had caused the windows to crash in rage at the knowledge his father was now in Azkaban for life... his mother had tried to explain to him why it was necessary but he didn't want to hear it. 

 

  He was curled up in a ball and sobbing quietly as Hermione sat against her headboard, feeling sorry for the man next to her that she had no connection with...

 

   "Are you... okay?" She asked woodenly after a few minutes.

 

   "This is just... a lot..." he said as he sat forward on the bed again. Wiping his face with his hands.

 

   "Tell me about it... it feels like yesterday you were calling me names and helping Umbridge bring down Dumbledoors army... and now we're married. I just don't understand how someone who hated me this much is now my husband." 

 

    They sat in total silence for a long moment before Draco broke the silence. 

 

   "I never hated you..." he said, looking over at her. 

 

    She lifted her chin and looked back at the man who looked like Draco Malfoy... but also... didn't. 

 

    Hermione appraised his broad shoulders and handsome face, he clearly had changed a lot since the war... at least physically and it was strange seeing this vulnerable side of him. 

 

   "You never hated me?" She repeated. "I find that hard to believe...." 

 

   "I knew I was In love with you the second I saw you with Victor Krum... walking into that ballroom. I didn't know what I had been feeling until that moment... but it was like it had... always been there." He sighed, resting his head against the wall. "I followed you with Umbridge and Weasley into the forest... I saw everything. I saw you, tricking her into thinking you had a secret weapon and then I watched her get taken down by the group of centaurs." 

 

   "Really..." she said with a small smile, deflecting from the admission of his love for her. "That was one of the craziest plans I ever came up with, I can't say I regret it though... why did you follow us?" 

 

    "I don't know... I suppose I needed to make sure you were safe. I could have stopped you, saved Umbridge and been a hero to the dark side... but I was never on that side deep down..." he said, staring at his hands. "I think I was always on... yours."

 

   Hermione turned and looked away. "I don't know what to do with that information right now..." she stated plainly.

 

   Draco got off his bed and walked over to her. "May I sit?" He asked as she stared up at him. 

 

   "Sure..." she said, moving over slightly and letting him sit next to her against the headboard as they looked carefully at each other. 

 

    He dug something out of his pocket and passed it over, watching her as his hand brushed hers when she took the paper from him. 

 

    She looked at the newspaper clipping in her hands and furrowed her brows, trying to make sense of what she was seeing. 

 

    Draco had had time to adjust to the photos that Ginny had fed him incrementally throughout the weeks, but this was her first time seeing them. Ginny had given him full authority to show Hermione when he thought the moment was right. 

 

    "We look..." she began.

 

    "In love?" Draco finished in almost a whisper as she turned her head to face him. He wanted to run his fingers through that curly hair of hers so badly. 

 

     "Yes." She said, her heart clenching at the intimate picture of them on such a public news heading. 

 

     "That's not the only one..." he said, the pulling out a few other items from his pocket. 

 

     There was one of them kissing during their graduation ceremony, one of them on the quidditch pitch in a dramatic embrace and there was one of them at the Daily Prophet with Hermione wrapped in his arms as he smiled down at her. 

 

   "We look... happy..." she breathed as she placed the pictures in chronological order in front of her on the bed and stared down at them. 

 

    "I wonder what it feels like to be them." He whispered, getting closer and pulling her chin up so that she could meet his gaze. 

 

    Her eyes were shining and her lip was quivering. 

 

    "We both are wondering how we made it from what we were to what we are... why don't we test it?" He said, staring at her lips and swallowing hard.

 

    "How?" She asked. 

 

    "I want to see what it's like." He murmured. He was entranced with her eyes staring up at his, they were so close now that their lips were almost touching. "Aren't you curious?" 

 

   "I don't know..." she replied, feeling rather confused at their close proximity.

Notes:

The Theo thing was super wicked of me but I just could not stop myself hahaha!!

Chapter 33: Shift

Summary:

Hermione and Draco get their magic back, Hermione wrestles with uncomfortable feelings for more than one person.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  Hermione had decided she was still too confused over her feelings for Ron at this point in her memories to start trying to develop her relationship with her now, husband... which was why she had turned away when he had tried to kiss her a few weeks prior. 

 

   She waited for the feelings to pass... she needed to wait until the moment she knew it wasn't real between her and Ron before she could look at her best friend again normally. 

 

   Ron clearly knew what was going through her mind and awkwardly avoided visiting as often, which made her feel even more confused and sad. 

 

   She still had troubling feelings for Theo also, which threw her into a guilt spiral as she watched him come through every day. He was just so lovely and kind, she felt her spirits lighten significantly at his presence. His familiarity with her was a great comfort in a place where everything was so backwards and bizarre. He brought her many books from his home library to entertain her with and always managed to pick one she enjoyed, which made her like him even more. 

 

   The love triangles in her head had been running her completely ragged, but all of it had come to a halt when she had asked Harry about her parents...

 

   "Their... gone?" She cried as Harry tried to console her. "Where? Why?" 

 

    "You had to obliviate them to keep them safe... nobody could find them... they searched every dentist office in Australia. They must have changed professions... or moved to another country. I'm so sorry Hermione." Harry said as he hugged her hard. 

 

    Draco watched with his elbows on his knees, head bowed, wrestling with everything he was feeling as he listened to them.

 

   He felt sorry for her. He felt sorry for his part in the war. But the thing he felt the most terrible for was the extreme feelings of jealousy he felt as he watched her with Potter... he wanted to be the one she needed when she was upset, the one to comfort her when she was inconsolable. 

 

   He berrated himself for such a thought, but it existed inside him none the less, no matter how hard he tried to repress it. 

 

  

 

   Hermione sobbed throughout the night...

 

   Her parents... her wonderful parents. 

 

   She obliviated them. 

 

   She would never find them. 

 

    This must be the worst thing she had ever done...and she would have to live with it forever. 

 

   While she was crying, she suddenly heard a noise from behind and slowly peered over her shoulder to see Malfoy. He had an unreadable expression on his face and was standing by the foot of her bed.

 

   "I'm sorry for waking you up... I'll put a silencing charm around my bed." She murmured, reaching for her wand. 

 

   "No..." he said quietly as he walked around to the side of the bed. "Can I... can I get in with you?" 

 

    "Um... sure...." she replied as Draco sat down and pulled the covers over both of them... wrapping an arm around her waist and nestling his chin in the crook of her shoulder. 

 

    "I'm sorry." He whispered into her ear before squeezing slightly and taking a deep breath. 

 

     Her sobs stopped almost instantly once he was with there. Maybe it was the bizarre situation, the strange and new feelings they had for each other, or the thought of someone being there to comfort her... but she felt better already. 

 

    It didn't made sense... but for some reason it felt right. 

 

   After overthinking herself to the point of near insanity, she finally managed to fall asleep against his large rising and falling chest. 

 

  

 

   Over the next few days... despite them both being within their sixth year, mentally, Hermione and Draco were beginning to seperate the memories from the facts... to try and work their way around them. 

 

    Hermione had decided that Draco may not have been as bad as she had originally thought.  She herself had chosen him as a husband... and his admission of love had been sweet even if it had been completely out of the blue. They had talked more and more about the things they remembered and the things they felt as the days trudged forward too. 

 

    Draco had apologized... profusely... for his treatment of her in the earlier years and had also been nothing short of a gentleman even after she turned down his advances. So she made the decision that there was something important they needed to do. 

 

    "I want to see our apartment." She said suddenly. 

 

    Ron and Ginny were on her bed while Harry rested on the chair next to her.  Theo, Blaise Pansy and Daphne were piled on Draco's as she said the words aloud. 

 

    "Are you sure?" Ginny said carefully.

 

    "Your cats have missed you, but I'm reluctant to give them back..." Pansy smirked as she looked over at the Golden Girl. 

 

    "We have... cats?" Hermione said incredulously as her and Draco exchanged a confused look. "Nevermind, we will get to that... so?" 

 

    "Let me ask the healer!" Daphne exclaimed as she bounced up from the bed and disappeared through the door. 

 

     Once they were granted permission to leave for the day. Draco and Hermione were escorted to the floo by their large group of friends, where they were told their address and given a packet of powder. 

 

     Their friends were all ready to follow them when Hermione put her hand up and looked around at them. "Look. I know you all want to join us... but I think this is something Malfoy and I need to do... on our own..." Hermione said nervously, causing the group of them to groan and huff at her words. 

 

    "I agree with her..." Draco said as he entered the floo, grabbing her hand and giving her a supportive squeeze. 

 

    Their friends voiced their dissatisfaction, but she was mostly distracted by the contact her and Draco shared as he held on to her. 

 

   Harry finally spoke up when everyone became too loud to talk over. "It's their decision... if they need to do this alone, then we have to support them. We will be waiting for you here." He said encouragingly to Hermione  as the couple dropped the floo powder and Draco recited the address. 

 

   They came through the hearth and Hermione slipped slightly, not used to the lip at the fireplace yet and nearly fell to the ground before Draco caught her. 

 

   "Easy..." he said gently as he stood her up but left his hand in hers. 

 

    They looked around at the large loft, slowly taking everything in as they glanced around at the high ceilings and large floor to ceiling bookcases.

 

   Hand in hand, they walked from the dining room, to the living room, to the kitchen. 

 

    Then they headed up the spiral staircase to the open concept bedroom and both glanced wearily at the bed before looking into the bathroom and then the closet. 

 

    Hermione dropped Draco's hand and began rummaging through her closet in disbelief over the clothing that she now seemed to wear. There was a lot of black, a surprising amount of gowns and very short skirts that she puzzled over.

 

    She then began to open drawers and rummage around before accidentally finding her underwear collection. For a moment she forgot Draco was in there too, picking up a rather scandalous pair of green, lacy underwear. 

 

    Looking over at Draco she noticed he was watching her with his back against an armoire, so she dropped them back into the drawer and slammed it shut before blushing beet red.

 

    "I see that your aversion to green may have changed slightly..." he said quietly as he looked at her with a small smile.

 

    "Just... shut up." She ordered as she walked from the closet to the bedroom, where she began sorting through her drawers. 

 

     There were many objects that were familiar, comforting her slightly as she rummaged but she became overwhelmed by the life of her older self in front of her and decided to go downstairs to the bookcase, where Draco was standing and looking at the shelf inquisitively. 

 

   "This is..." she said from behind him. "A lot." 

 

    He said nothing as he began running his finger down the spines. 

 

     "Can you look at me?" She said finally after he ignored her for a long moment.   

 

     "No..."   

 

     "Why not?" She said with a sigh as she put her hands on her hips. 

 

     "Because I feel like this is... perfect... and I'm afraid." He said turning around and facing her, jaw clenched and one hand running through his hair. 

 

     "Afraid of what?" She asked in confusion, searching his unfamiliar expressions for a sign of what he was thinking.

 

    "Hermione..." he breathed, getting closer to her. "To me, this is... everything I want... but watching you, the fear in your eyes, the regret, the torment. I'm not sure how much I can bare." He said as he ran a finger down her cheek. 

 

   She grasped his hand and put it back down at his side before turning away from him and sitting down on the couch with a big sigh...

 

    "Look Draco, I am trying to separate our life now from the life we lived, you know that. But there's a little problem I'm having that I am reluctant to tell you about..." she said nervously.

 

    Draco sat down next to her and placed a hand on her knee, crossing his legs so that he was facing her. 

 

     "Tell me..." he said quietly, preparing for the worst. 

 

     "Well..." she began with a sigh. "Right now In sixth year... I have some pretty big feelings for Ron..." she said quietly... turning away from him as she admitted it finally. "I also have some uncomfortable feelings towards Theo that I'm trying to sort out..." 

 

     Draco didn't remove his hand from her... but said nothing as she continued to look away, horrified by what she had just said aloud. 

 

    Once she could bare the silence no longer, she finally looked back at him. She noticed his expression had darkened significantly, causing a strange feeling to wash over her. One that wasn't good... nor bad for that matter...

 

    "No..." he finally said.

 

    "No?" She repeated... "I'm sorry, it's just how I feel."

 

     "You don't even know what you want yet..." he said dangerously into her ear as he leant in closely and ran a finger from her arm all the way down to her thigh. "But I know what I want... and that's you, love... and I don't intend to lose you. To Ron or Theo..." he said as he looked into her chocolate eyes confidently. 

 

    Suddenly he flipped her into his lap so that she was facing him and ran both his hands along her thighs as he stared at her. 

 

    "Tell me... tell me you don't feel anything for me..." He whispered, his breath tickling her face. "And then I'll stop." 

 

    Hermione said nothing as her pupils blew wide and her mind quieted for the first time in weeks. She wanted to know what he was going to do next... so she remained silent. 

 

    He then left a searing kiss near her clavicle, sending shockwaves throughout her body as the contact wound her around his finger... she didn't know what game they were playing, but she didn't want to stop. That she knew for sure. 

 

    He laughed darkly as he pulled her hair gently and kissed her neck, leaving wet hot lust in place of his lips every time he moved to a new spot. 

 

    She had never done this before, and it was completely perfect, her body was responding to him in ways she didn't even know was possible. 

 

    She clenched her thighs around him and it caused him to push her head back towards his, letting their lips meet for the first time. 

 

    That was it... she sighed in pleasure as she ran her fingers through his soft platinum hair. Realizing how good he smelled and how amazing he felt. They fit into each other perfectly.

 

    He then pinned her underneath him on the leather couch moving their lips passionately over eachother as he held her in place.

 

   "I've wanted this for so long..." he murmured against her ear as he bit down hard on her lobe.

 

   "Who are Ron and Theo again?" She laughed as he chuckled into her neck.

 

    "Who cares... I don't remember a damn thing but I know I'll be damned if I'm not married to you by December." He said as his tongue slipped into her mouth once more, causing her to roll her hips against his in desperation. 

 

    "I've never done this before." She whispered as she looked up at him through her lashes. 

 

    "Yes you have... with me. We just can't remember it yet." He murmured, finding his way along her jawline as if he had done it a thousand times. "We need to stop though, or this is going to go to far." 

 

   "Then why do I want it so badly..." she moaned as he continued to worship her body. 

 

    "It's okay... I'm not going anywhere..." he breathed as they forgot the world around them once more. 

 

     He kissed her everywhere he could, finding the little parts along the way that made her lose her mind. Then he felt her everywhere, losing his own mind in the process. 

 

    

 

     When Hermione and Draco came back after two hours, they entered the room hand in hand and looked around at their friends. 

 

    Harry looked awkward. Clearly the both of them were slightly disheveled from their snog... which made her feel slightly embarrassed. 

 

    Hermione glanced at both Ron and Theo and felt a weight lift from her chest as she realized she felt nothing for either of them... nothing. She glanced back up at Draco and he looked back at her, noticing where her gaze had landed first when she entered the room. 

 

   Then in front of all their friends, he slipped a hand behind her neck and left a very steamy kiss on her lips, causing her to blush red before smiling back at the room with a shit eating grin.

 

   "...aaand their back." Ginny laughed as she went over to hug them both. 

 

   "Does this mean you remember?" Harry asked her hurriedly! Standing up and putting both his hands on her shoulders.

 

    "No..." she said slowly. "We still don't remember past sixth year." 

 

    

 

    As the weeks passed, the memories slowly trickled in... revealing the end of sixth year... and the war.

 

    It was difficult to relive obliviating her parents and everything that had been lost but her an Draco talked about it every night when their friends left, sitting up for hours on her bed as they went over everything. 

 

   "What was it like... watching me get tortured" she suddenly asked him one night.

 

   "I don't know... I had been given an absurd amount of pain potion. All I remember is trying to get to you... and my mother preventing me, I'm pretty sure she put me in a full body bind and sat me in a corner so I wouldn't move. I remember the screams tearing my soul to shreds... but not much else..." he admitted freely. 

 

   "I can't believe Fred is gone... Tonks, Lupin...Dobby...." she said slowly, tracing patterns against his chest. 

 

    "I'm sorry for your loss... and I'm sorry that you have to go through all this again... with me no less." He said as he moved away from her and got up from the bed. 

 

   "Wait..." she said, grasping his hand before he could move to his own bed. "Don't leave, I... I'm not upset... that I'm going through this with you... not at all."

 

   He looked back at her hesitantly, then moved back in to wrap his arms around her waist as she combed her fingers through his hair. 

 

   "There is no one else I would rather be going through this with... than you... I really do love you Granger."

 

    She smiled happily, not sure what to say or how to feel but said a quick "Thank you." and then rolled over on her side. 

 

    His heart stung a bit from her deflection... but he smiled anyways and held her tight while they began to drift off, falling asleep shortly after.

Notes:

Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and just make a damn move. 🔥

Chapter 34: I Want To See What Your Made Of (Explicit)

Summary:

Just gonna insert this here, forgot a chapter.

Chapter Text

   Draco could feel the breath of his wife hitting his chest as she lay entangled with him. They must have wound themselves around each other in their sleep. Possible a muscle memory, he mused. 

 

   All he knew was that he couldn't move until she did, he could stay like this for all of eternity. Whether it was the pining, which felt like years at this point, the breaking down of their mutual walls or the need to shove the pain of the war away, she was already everything to him. She knew it too, which made it all the more embarrassing. 

 

   However, Ginny's words had stayed with him, and he was completely sure that he would regret it later if he didn't give everything to her now. 

 

   In his reverie, he very gently brushed a piece of her hair back. Her breathing hitched slightly and she opened her eyes groggily, widening her hands on his chest. 

 

   Suddenly she jumped up, gasping and apologizing. 

 

   "Sorry- I was using you as a pillow- sorry Malfoy." She stuttered, clearly affronted by the whole situation.  

 

    They stared in awkward silence at each other before Draco finally decided to speak. "It's Draco to you... Mrs. Malfoy." 

 

   "I sincerely doubt I took your last name..." she replied haughtily crossing her arms across her T-shirt. 

 

   "It's automatic..." he said with a smirk.

 

   She huffed in annoyance and rolled her eyes at him and his smirk only grew, he loved watching her sleep, he loved everything about her but he also liked pissing her off. Always had. 

 

   "Mrs. Hermione Malfoy." He said in false contemplation. "Quite the improvement I would say." He glanced at her to gauge the reaction from these words and was not disappointed. 

 

   Her face looked hot and red, and she couldn't even look at him. "You're so stupid..." she finally managed. 

 

   "Excellent retort, darling," he said as he got up and walked over to her. "Have I rendered you, the know-it-all swot, speechless?" He whispered in her ear. 

 

   Her face reddened further as she glared at the wall beside him. "Can't believe I'm stuck in this stupid... fucking... godsdamn...". She said nearly inaudibly to herself. 

 

  Draco chuckled and passed her to go to the loo for a shower. 

 

   Once he was finished he wrapped the towel around his waist and walked out of the steamy bathroom. In their exchange of banter, he had forgotten the clean clothing he had on his bed. 

 

   Hermione squeaked in surprise and shielded her eyes from him with whatever magazine she was reading on her bed. 

 

   "You could try clothes!!" She shouted. 

 

    "Speaking of which," he said. "I could use some more variety, I was going to go to the apartment today and see if I could grab some things..." 

 

   He rummaged through the clothes he had, making a deliberate attempt to act as though he wasn't happy with any of it.

 

   When she didn't say anything, he looked back and saw that she had an eye, peaking over the magazine and appraising him guiltily. "I could use some things too..." she said primly, quickly averting her gaze.

 

   Finally some middle ground. This hospital room was too small for the two of them, and he longed for another moment of her affection if she was inclined. It would never happen here. 

 

   "Fine," he said. "I'll go talk to Daph."

 

   "Fine." She replied. 

 

   •

 

   Hermione ran upstairs to the closet. She was in a mood today. She felt so confused, they had been getting along, but they hadn't shared another kiss since the first one. Then waking up to notice she was drooling on his shirt? She couldn't think about it without cringing. 

 

   Then there was the teasing and flirting which had rendered her to a sputtering mess... and then the man dared to walk out of the bathroom looking like a... she didn't even know what he looked like, but no person on earth would find him unattractive. 

 

   To save face, she had to get the clothes and leave as fast as possible, trying to keep the upper hand, even if she didn't technically have it. 

 

   She glanced at her underwear drawer and grabbed the least offensive set of black... lacy underwear and T-shirt's that were all too big for her before nearly sprinting downstairs. 

 

   She was about to leave the loft when she noticed Malfoy by the fridge. He seemed to be looking for something. 

 

   He glanced over at her and shut the fridge. He looked so at home, yet just as lost as her too. What unlocked memories lay here? Surrounded by all their unfamiliar things. 

 

  "Your leaving?" He asked walking towards her. 

 

   "Well, I have everything I need." She said, avoiding his gaze.  

 

   Malfoy was standing in front of her now, looking her in the eyes before sinking to his knees. 

 

  Hermione's stomach dropped and her mouth went dry before she noticed that she had dropped something on the ground and he was picking it up. 

 

   "You almost forgot these." He said with a raised brow as he lifted a lacy black garment with his forefinger. She went to reach for them but he pulled it back slightly, teasingly. 

 

  "Give them back then..." she said in aggravation. 

 

   Malfoy grinned and stepped away, panties in hand. "I don't think I will, perhaps we should see what else is in the drawer?" He said as he began walking upstairs. 

 

   "Malfoy! Stop, or I will go through your things!" 

 

   "What's mine is yours..." he laughed as he reached the top, she was still far behind him. 

 

    She finally managed to enter the closet to see he was about to open the offending drawer. 

 

   "Malfoy stop!" She shouted angrily. In a snap decision, she lunged for him and jumped on his back, putting him in a neck lock that made him gasp. 

 

   He twisted and turned with her on his back until they were out of the closet and in their bedroom. He fell face on his face in the bed with her still on him, and she slapped at his back before he turned around and grasped her wrists. 

 

   She wanted to be mad, but the grin on his face was contagious and she burst out laughing.

 

   "What the hell, Hermione." He chuckled. "Are you trying to choke me to death?" 

 

    "I think I might have been, Malfoy." She sighed back, grinning. 

 

   She was sad to see his grin disappear and annoyance take its place. 

 

   "What is it?" She asked in confusion. Surprised by the sudden change in mood. 

 

    "Are you ever going to stop calling me Malfoy?" He asked. She was still straddling his waist and her wrists were still pinned in his hands it didn't fit the mood and things began to grow awkward. 

 

   "Oh." She said and jumped off of him again. "I'm sorry, a habit I suppose." 

 

   Malfoy sighed too and ran a hand through his hair before looking back at her. "Say it then..." 

 

   "Say what?" She asked, confused. 

 

   "Say my name..." 

 

   "You mean Malfoy?" She smirked. 

 

   Draco stood up, towering over her and moving closer. 

 

   "What's my name?" He said, a darker look crossing his eyes. 

 

    "Malfoy..." she said again, her stomach taking flight from his proximity. 

 

    "No, not that one. Say my name." He said, he had her backed up against the wall now, one arm plastered by the beside her head, and his other hand lifting her chin so she would meet his eyes. 

 

   "Make me." She said, losing her resolve on all fronts. 

 

   Malfoy looked down and smiled before taking a deep breath and looking back at her. "Was that permission?" 

 

   "Maybe... yes." She whispered. 

 

   That was all the consent he needed. He grasped her around the waist and kissed her deeply. 

 

   She could feel her mind melting, her worries being forgotten, her mind losing it as he tugged at her lips with his teeth and slid his tongue against hers. She had never been kissed like this before, or not that she could remember anyway. 

 

   She allowed him to pull her to the bed and pushed her onto her back before climbing over her and kissing her some more. 

 

   Hermione was feeling a searing hot burning in her lower regions and tried to will it away but it kept growing worse and worse. 

 

    When Malfoy began lowering himself down to her clavicle, she sighed in ecstasy. It felt so good... too good, like something needed to happen. 

 

   "Malfoy please!!" She begged.

 

   The blonde looked up at her in amusement and kissed her again. Running his hands up and down her thighs. Yes, she liked that... a lot. 

 

   This was heaven and hell all at once, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her chest and neck and mouth. Her body was singing and burning all at once. 

 

   "Malfoy! Please!" She moaned loudly as he began kissing her earlobe and the junction between her neck and jaw. He chuckled slightly as she began to lose it. 

 

   "Please please please!" She chanted, babbling to herself at this point. 

 

   Suddenly he stopped and levelled her with an authoritative raised brow. "Please... what?" 

 

   "Please... Draco." 

 

   "Please Draco, what?" He asked. 

 

   "I need..." she didn't know what she wanted or needed, she just knew she needed more. A lot of it. "Uh, I don't know! Just please Draco!" 

 

    He obliged by slowly pulling down her pants and underwear. 

 

   "Is this okay?" He asked. 

 

   "Yes! Gods yes! She cried, tugging off his shirt. Once all of their clothes were removed, Draco continued to kiss her, his body was pressed on top of hers and she felt his hardness between them. 

 

   She pushed him off just enough so that they were both laying on their sides facing each other,  then she moved her hand down to his erection. She was satisfied when he pulled her head in with his hands and began kissing her even harder with staggered breaths. 

 

   She smiled when she realized he was just as turned on as she was, precum on her hand. She hoped she didn't disappoint him, since this was sort of her first time. 

 

    Hermione never did things half-arsed, however, so she kissed down his chest and pushed him onto his back, lowering down to his, rather large, pulsing member.

 

    She ran a tongue along the length of it, noticing how it twitched slightly as she did, then began to push the head into her mouth. Making sure not to get her teeth in the way, she opened her mouth wide and took him in as far as she could go. 

 

   Draco sighed and she looked up to see him barely holding it together. "I've waited so long for this Hermione." He said as she bobbed. "I don't think I'm going to last very long." 

 

   She nodded and kept shoving his cock down her throat over and over, using her hands to rub at the base that her mouth couldn't reach. 

 

   He gently placed his hands in her hair and stroked while she continued, she sighed as they pulled tighter and tighter, but not forcing her head down. 

 

  "Fuck I'm going to come!" Draco groaned as she bobbed faster. She moaned onto his cock and he tried to pull her up as he completed, but she stayed on, swallowing his seamen and gently massaging his sack before getting up and wiping off her mouth. 

 

   She was surprised when Draco sat up with her in his lap and continued to kiss her even though she had just swallowed him. She didn't care however when he flipped her around and slipped a finger inside of her. He let his lips trail over her jawline as his two middle fingers sunk themselves inside her over and over. 

 

   Hermione was practically sobbing, digging into Draco's back with her fingers as she began to come undone. "Somethings happening!" She moaned as Draco laved at a nipple. 

 

   "Already?" Draco said in surprise. 

 

   "Uh... I think I'm going to...UHHHH!" Hermione shouted as the orgasm rippled through her. She held on to Draco tightly as she clenched and clenched over his fingers. He left them there for a while longer before pulling them out and kissing her again. 

 

   "Such a good girl." He whispered as he kissed her again and again. She could feel how wet she was and blushed suddenly at the realization that she had just had her first orgasm in a sexual situation... and only lasted 1 minute... with Draco Malfoy.

 

   She paused, feeling awkward all of a sudden, sitting up, she began to look for her clothes. 

 

   Draco looked at her contemplatively from the bed. "And just where do you think you're going?" He asked with a smirk. 

 

   "I'm just... embarrassed is all." She said, looking away from him. 

 

   "About what?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and tugging her into his lap,  she resisted at first but when it became apparent he wasn't going to let her go, she gave in. 

 

   "It's just, I think I might be rubbish at this..."

 

   Draco chuckled at her, tucking her under his chin. "Hermione, you are perfectly wonderful, I love how responsive you are. How curious you are. I think our bodies know what to do, and you can trust me." He whispered. 

 

    Hermione nodded, then moved her head back up and began kissing him again. She explored his mouth with hers, surprised by the level of passion that was flowing between them.  There was a part of her that still felt like he was a stranger, but another much louder part was screaming that she wanted to stay here forever, like this, with... Draco.

 

   Everything was slower now, he languidly pressed her into the sheets once more and pressed feather-light kisses up and down her stomach and chest. 

 

   His arms were pressed into her sides and her legs were cocooning his body, like puzzle pieces, and she felt completely safe and happy. Whatever he was doing felt so good, and she was embarrassed about how wet she was but tried to remind herself that she could trust him. 

 

   "Has anyone ever gone down on you before?" Draco whispered into the junction of her thighs and middle. 

 

   "No..." she sighed, her breath hitching. 

 

   "Can I?" He asked, his lips brushing further up until they caressed her mid-thigh.

 

    Hermione paused for a second to think, but then nodded slowly, deciding to allow it. 

 

   Draco smiled at her, then lowered himself down before licking slowly up the side of her lower lips. 

 

   She gasped, finding it hard to find air when it was being sucked from her lungs like that. 

 

   His tongue tortured and teased her, finding anywhere but the spot, and she sighed in frustration! It felt so good but there was a limit on how much more she could take. 

 

   He began sucking on her thighs, leaving harsh red marks in place before she finally lost it. 

 

   "Draco! Please! Please let me-" but before she could continue any further, Draco licked a long strip up her pussy and she screamed in ecstasy. 

 

   She couldn't have lasted more than 30 seconds as he let his tongue glide up and down her clit over and over again, she saw colour bursting from behind her eyes already. 

 

   "Uhhhhhh! Oh, gods Draco yes!!!" She cried out, as she tried to pull away, he clasped on to her legs and locked them in place around his head. As she orgasmed, he left his tongue out but didn't move it, providing a soft wet pillow for her to come down from her high, she rubbed against it slowly as she shook for the last of it. 

 

   "That was... really good..." she said, growing tired from the aftershock. But his tongue didn't move. After a short time, his tongue began slowly massaging the area again,  reigniting the feeling of pure lust she had swallowed with her last orgasm, he placed her leg over his shoulder and spread her pussy lips apart then alternated between firmly licking her clit and then wrapping his mouth around it to suck.

 

   "Oh, gods! Oh, gods! Oh, gods!" Hermione chanted as she felt it again. Why couldn't she last for more than 1 minute without Draco making her come? He had lasted a bit longer at least. 

 

   Then he stopped suddenly and rose to kiss her again. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him as she felt him begin to push himself inside of her. 

 

   He thrust deep inside of her and she keened, pulling him as close to her as she could. 

 

   "Do you think we've done this exact thing, in this exact spot before?" she gasped as he kissed her earlobe, working his way to her mouth. 

 

    "I don't know how I would even make it past the door with you... that was difficult enough today." He said gently. 

 

   "You wanted to do this... all day?" She asked surprised." 

 

   "Longer than that, Love." He smiled, kissing her neck again. 

 

    They made love in contentment, not leaving the bed for a few hours as they let their bodies take control, leaving their minds to quiet once again... but all was lost when they heard the door open. 

 

    Hermione bolted from the bed and ran to the closet. 

 

   "Who is it?" Draco asked in annoyance as he threw his pants on and walked to the railing. 

 

   "Oh me? I live here now, haven't I told you that?" Theo's jolly voice called out. 

 

   Hermione came out of the closet with a large green quidditch jersey on and walked over to stand beside Draco. 

 

   "Where do you sleep though? Is there another bedroom somewhere?" Hermione asked with her brows furrowed. 

 

   "I'm... making a joke... it's a... never mind." Theo stuttered, before continuing upstairs to them. 

 

   "You were supposed to be back an hour ago, Daphne asked me to fetch you so that you can continue to be monitored." He said, glancing with a raised brow at the messy bed. 

 

   "We'll be down in a minute." Draco sighed, motioning for Theo to turn around and blocking Hermione from sight. She quickly picked up her things and ran to the loo. 

 

   •

 

  "So... how are you, Hermione?" Ginny said, watching her friend curiously as she waved her wand back and forth. 

 

   "Perfectly well thank you," Hermione said as she swirled her magical birds around the room. "Just practising."

 

   "Mhm..." Ginny sighed, getting up from her position on the bed to look at her friend knowingly. "So Theo tells me you were at the loft for almost three hours the other day."

 

   Hermione's face reddened and one of the birds soared into the wall with a poof. "Yes." She replied haughtily. "We were just picking up some things." 

 

   "For three hours..." Ginny said incredulously. 

 

   "Well... I suppose not for all of it." Hermione sighed. 

 

   "And?" Ginny prompted. "How did it go?" 

 

   "Well... I just thought..." 

 

   "What is it? Spit it out." 

 

   "I didn't think I would... you know... so many times my first time..." 

 

   "What?" Ginny asked, a smirk beginning to grace her lips, making her friend blush harder. 

 

   "You know... finish." She whispered, even though no one was around. 

 

   "Okay... so how many times." Ginny laughed, tucking her legs underneath her and grabbing the spellbook from Hermione's hands. 

 

   Hermione grabbed a pillow and buried her face into it, covering her beat red skin and embarrassment. "Degn dines..." the muffled voice rang through the pillow. 

 

   "Sorry, what was that?" Ginny asked, grabbing the pillow. 

 

    "I said 10 times... alright?? Satisfied?" 

 

   Ginny cackled before covering her hand with her mouth... "Are you?" She finally managed. 

 

    Hermione threw one of the pillows at Ginny, beginning to laugh a bit herself. 

 

   "The poor sod really is trying, maybe you should apologize for yelling at him this morning." Ginny mused as she lay on her back again staring at the stone ceiling. 

 

   •

 

   "So... I see you took my advice and went above and beyond." Theo chuckled as Draco walked briskly ahead of him. 

 

   "What advice?"

 

   "To do anything and everything in your power to make her fall in love with you again."

 

   "Don't care... just getting to know one another," Draco said dismissively. 

 

   "Oh I didn't realize one did so naked, I shall take notes." Theo drawled.

 

   Draco glared at his brunette friend as he did so. "Get lost..." he spat. But Theo didn't miss the lightness in his voice. It was funny watching Draco go from his snobby early years, to mature and lighthearted years so quickly. The sides of him were still warring with each other, however." 

 

   "Do you get it now at least?" Theo asked. "Your connection to one another?" 

 

   "Do we always discuss everything in excruciating detail?" Draco snarled, turning around and glaring at Theo. 

 

   "Just thought it would be nice for you to have someone to talk to... arse." Theo laughed. 

 

    Draco seemed to contemplate his words for a minute, then relaxed slightly. "It's just, some days we are completely in sync, and then others she turns on me and bites my head off. This morning she called me an insufferable prat when she found out her name was changed to mine..." he sighed trailing off. "But then... yesterday..." 

 

   "Let me guess, you shagged her rotten." Theo laughed, accepting the harsh punch he received in the arm from Draco. 

 

    His blonde friend glared at him and then continued into the flower shop. 

 

   "Listen." Theo began. "I know that the memories have halted for now, but don't give up hope, and don't give up on Hermione, you will never forgive yourself otherwise. Especially if I take your place." He jested. 

 

   Draco glared at him again, then ordered 100 red roses from the shopkeeper and signed the receipt.

Chapter 35: Us

Summary:

;)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  When Hermione woke up on Saturday, she found herself alone in the hospital room she had become all too familiar with.

 

   She laid back onto the pillow sleepily and thought of nothing as the monotony of the days washed over her. 

 

    But suddenly she realized...

 

   It's all there... she thought to herself in amazement.

 

    She remembered everything. 

 

   She remembered all the healing post war, the lust filled nights of the secret relationship she had shared with Draco, him telling her he loved her for the first time, moving in together, getting married... it was all there. 

 

    Hermione then remembered with a sudden shock, the horrific night before they had lost their memories.

 

   Hermione jumped from the bed and tried the door, but it was locked. Where was Draco? Why wasn't he here? 

 

    She grabbed her wand in her hand and sent a potronus to anyone outside the door who would see it, realizing that she had fully recovered magically now. 

 

    She yelled through her bond but felt nothing, then she remembered... she had given her marriage bond, and her soul bond to get back to him. She had given them to Sirius... she had seen Sirius... he had saved her. 

 

    She needed to tell Harry, but she needed to find Draco first... to see if he got his memories back yet. What if he didn't remember? What if she had to suffer through their current memories alone while he was still in the war? 

 

    Banging on the door, Daphne finally came up to free her from the room and gave her a big hug... 

 

    "You remember?" She said in astonishment as she looked into Hermione eyes and cast a diagnostic.

 

    "Yes, I remember everything!!! Now, where is Draco!" Hermione said firmly as she grasped Daphnes hand. 

 

    "He's giving his statement to the aurors... they are in the cafeteria!" 

 

    "You mean... he remembers?" She said, nearly losing her mind with relief. 

 

    "Yes... he remembers everything." Daphne said with a breathy laugh. 

 

     Hermione smiled and bolted in the direction of the eatery, passing ward after ward and running down stone steps and through wings to find him. 

 

    Once she entered the large room, she looked around and saw the flash of blonde sitting with a group of aurors. 

 

    He looked up in time to see her huffing at the door and stood abruptly, knocking his chair to the floor.

 

    "You remember?" He mouthed to her from across the room. The intensity of his gaze stole the air from her lungs. 

 

    "I remember..." she echoed back as she ran for him. 

 

     He jumped over the table he had been sitting at at, forcing the aurors to shuffle out of the way before he caught her mid air. 

 

    "Oh my gods... I thought I would never see you again..." Hermione laughed into his hair. 

 

    "I thought you were dead, I'm so sorry I let this happen to you, I promised I would always keep you safe... and I failed. I love you so much, please forgive me!" He whispered into her hair before pulling her into an earth shattering kiss. 

 

    The world around them seemed to burn away as their lips met passionately. Even though it had been two months it felt like only minutes ago she had nearly died and been apart from him forever. 

 

   "There is nothing to forgive... this is on Wayguard and he's gone now... I'm safe." She said, stepping back and looking him in the eye. 

 

    "I would have jumped into the veil if you hadn't of come back... I love you Hermione, we will always be together." He said as he nearly toppled  her into a nearby table. His lips crashed down on hers as they revelled in each others presence in a frenzie, completely unaware of the presence of the large crowd they had drawn. 

 

    Finally Harry and Ron came up to them and hugged her too, they had to work around Draco though, because he couldn't let her go just yet. 

 

    "Your back!!" Ron said, relief filling his voice. 

 

    "I'm back!!" She cried.

 

   "If you ever do anything that stupid again, Draco and I won't hesitate to lock you away for the rest of your life..." Harry said angrily as he finally let her out of his arms and looked at her sternly. "What were you thinking!!?" 

 

    "We thought you were fucking dead... nobody survives the veil... it's never been done..." Ron laughed as he rested a hand against her cheek. 

 

    "She's the Girl who Lived..." Harry said, shaking his head. "Now both of you, get your arses back to your room and get checked out so we can all stop living at St. Mungo's!" 

 

    "What do you say?" Draco said, resting his forehead against hers and sighing deeply. "Shall we go home?" 

 

    "I want to go wherever you are going..." she whispered as their lips met again. A big flash appeared as the press entered and undoubtedly ruined the moment but Draco and Hermione only laughed and looked back at each other before he swept her off, back to their hospital room. 

 

 

 

  Draco and Hermione had missed two months of their life, recovering from the incident. It was now late November and their wedding was only two weeks away... leaving them only until then to adjust to everything that had happened. 

 

  Pandora's case had been reopened and deemed as cold blooded murder by Damian Wayguard, Draco was reinstated as a Cursebreaker in the Ministry of Magic and Hermione and Harry went back to being partners after a couple long months apart. 

 

   Using veritaserum, the auror department had got everything out of Wayguard, forcing him to hand over the war spoils instead of hiding them away. 

 

   They decided to erect a museum called the Second Wizard War Memorial Museum for all the items that he had been hidden away or that had been placed into the archives. That meant Draco would have a lot to do when he got back from the honeymoon, breaking the curses and deeming them safe for public viewing.

 

   "You should really go back to work..." Hermione said as she laid beside him on the bed.

 

   "I just... can't... I need this time with you." He whispered. He shifted on top of her and moved her leg to the side, slipping his head up and down her entrance until he finally pushed inside. 

 

    "We can't stay here forever... we need to try and get a... routine back..." she shivered as he hit that perfect spot near the inside of her bellybutton. "Scrap that... let's stay here for ever..." 

 

    "As if you ever had a choice..." he growled, grasping her hair and pushing in deeper. "I can't believe we went two months without this..." 

 

    "I never want to go a single day again." She sighed as she pushed him off and got on top of him, grabbing one of his hands to wrap around her breast. He slipped a wet finger over her clit and she nearly cried from the extasy she felt. 

 

    "Then we finally agree on something..." he gasped as he watched her tremble on his fingers, her hair sticking to her neck as she thrust her head back. 

 

   He then sat up so that his hands supported her and lifted her over and over again on his member. She held his face with her hands as their lips met in a fury before both of them crashed into their orgasm head on.

 

   "I fucking love you Draco Malfoy..." she sighed into their kiss, moving against him still as they enjoyed the simmering heat that their finish left. 

 

   "It hurts... how much I love you..." he said, holding on to her tight.

 

    They finally, after much arguing, decided they should at least attempt to get dressed and hydrate after their marathon of sex. 

 

     He passed her a glass and rested between her legs on the kitchen island as they stared at each other and drank their water silently. 

 

    "It feels different without the soulbond... doesn't it?" She said after a moment.

 

    "It does, but not by much," Draco said as he put his water down and then looked back into her eyes, stroking her face with his hand. "I'm still obsessed with you..." he said grazing his lips along her jawline. "I still would burn down major cities to find you." He lifted his fingers to her entrance and thrust them inside, listening to her moans as she kissed his lips. "But now... I would kill anyone who tried to touch you, and whisk you away to the furthest reaches of the earth if I thought you were in danger again."

 

   He lifted her up so that she was wrapped around his waist and fucked her hard against the fridge, whispering sweet nothings into her ear as he brought them to yet another climax. 

 

    Once they put their clothes back on, they heard a knock at the door and Theo entered, carrying a whiskey bottle with him as he flumped on the couch. "Are you finally over me, Hermione?" He laughed. 

 

    "I would never get over you my little Nott!" She said jokingly as she sat next to him on the couch and grabbed the bottle out of his hands to pull the cork off. "How have you been?" She asked casually as she poured Draco a glass and passed it to him as he sat down beside her. 

 

   "Well... Angelina finally asked me if I would like to be exclusive." He winked at them. "And I said yes... I just love that she made me feel like such a lady." He joked as Draco raised a congratulatory glass. 

 

   "We never thought it was going to happen... she's much more..." Draco tried to put it delicately. 

 

     "It's just that she's a bit..." Hermione tried to finish for him but was also at a loss for words. Biting her lips together to keep from smirking. 

 

    "More mature than me on every level? I realize this... I suppose I must grow up for once in my life. Perhaps that's why I was still smitten for Katya for so long... we were both immature and it was all about fun and games... but it's different with Angelina." He said seriously. "I think I could actually be a man... for her." 

 

    Hermione's eyes teared up and she rested her hand Draco's chest as she wiped a wayward year from her eye. He smiled down at her and kissed her palm lovingly. 

 

    "That's lovely Theo." She said happily. 

 

    "If I can be even one fourth as happy as you two are... well... that would be good enough for me." Theo sighed, causing Draco to roll his eyes. 

 

     Once Theo left them. Hermione and Draco sat with their glasses in hand curled up on the couch together. 

 

    "Would you like to get dinner in muggle London tonight?" She asked him. 

 

    "You know what? I think we should stop hiding and start living. Let's have dinner in Diagon alley, invite your friends." He smirked as he pulled her into his lap and rested his chin on her head.

 

    •

 

   The group ended up at the Prickly Pint at the high- tops near the window. All their friends and acquaintances joined, making it a lively occasion. The strangers around them occasionally came to say a few words, and the press made a small entrance before the staff kicked them out... but all in all... it wasn't as bad as they had thought it would be. 

 

   Daphne and George had clearly worked some things out and they were snogging off in an corner with an enormous diamond ring adorning Daphnes finger. Theo and Angelina were discussing muggle inventions with Dean and Annie while they sipped Guinness, a beer that they had all coerced Theo into drinking. Draco and Ginny argued over this and that while they sipped Firewhiskey with Neville and Pansy and Hermione, Harry and Ron were off on their own, discussing everything that had happened during work while she had been gone.

 

    "When in the bloody hell were you going to tell us you were married." Ron finally blurted out to her while they were discussing spell defence tactics. 

 

    "What... who told you?" Hermione whined as she put down her butterbeer in frustration. 

 

     "You just did... it really is too bad you missed the interrogation techniques course." Harry replied with a raised brow as he watched her reaction. 

 

   "Well... we only did it to quell the bond. The real one will feel much more official, I would never have eloped unless it was important to do so. I didn't want you to feel excluded, it needed to be done quickly." She rambled, although she was only thinking about the agony she felt over missing such an interesting and important course... she would have to make up for it later. 

 

   "Therefore you only told Ginny, Theo and Blaise?" Harry said grumpily. Slumping in his seat slightly. "I feel like we have been demoted to second tier best friends..." 

 

   "You two will always be first tier... you know that." She said reassuringly, patting Harry on the back. "That's why I want both of you to walk me down the isle... if you want. Ginny has already reserved the role for Maid of Honour..." 

 

    "Deal." Ron said with a smirk as he pulled her into a side hug. 

 

     "Deal." Harry said reluctantly. He was finding it hard to stay angry with her when he was still so glad she was living and breathing.

 

     "Also, Ron I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable with my memories being stuck while we were in the... awkward phase of our relationship..." she said curtly, peering up slightly at the man she now considered a brother. 

 

    "Well... it was sort of satisfying watching Draco's reaction." Ron admitted with a smile. "At least Theo took on the brunt of it." 

 

   Harry stifled his laugh, but the pressure forced it to come up his nose instead while he tried to take a sip of butterbeer. He spluttered heartily as Hermione scowled at him.

 

    "Yes I'm sure it was hilarious to watch... I'm going to go obliviate myself now..." she said, trying to make a quick escape from the embarrassment. 

 

    "No! We were just messing around, don't leave!" Harry said, still choking on his last sip, grasping her arm and pulling her back down to the chair next to him. 

 

    "Fine... but you owe me a shot at the very least." She grumbled, taking a large sip of beer as she looked awkwardly at Theo. 

 

     Theo made eye contact with her and winked,  cheers'ing her with his glass from across the room as he took a sip. 

 

    She rolled her eyes and made a face at Harry, telling him "shots now" with her mind. 

 

    He sighed and made a signal to the bartender who flew three Bertie Bots every flavoured shots their way. 

 

    "To the Girl who Lived..." Ron stated as he tilted his head to his best friend. 

 

    "To the Girl who stole my title." Harry snickered at her, as he raised his shot to her. 

 

    "One of your titles at least..." she smirked as they tossed back their shooters and waited for the flavour to hit them. 

 

    "I think I got lemon." Hermione said with relief as she put the glass down.

 

    Ron gagged and looked over at his brother who was smirking at him from across the room. "Troll Urine!!! Oh he is going to get it!" Said Ron as he barrelled up from his seat to strangle George. 

 

    "Earwax..." Harry said contemplatively. 

 

   "You don't seem too upset with that..." Hermione said incredulously as she watched him.

 

    "It just... reminded me of a moment I had with Dumbledore." He said with a small smile as he put down the glass. 

 

    "Speaking of old friends... I've been meaning to tell you...." Hermione said carefully as she reached for his hand. "Sirius was there..."

 

    "Sirius was... where?" Harry said with confusion, furrowing his eyebrows. 

 

     "Sirius was the person I saw when I went through the veil... he was the one who traded the bonds for my life. He told me to go... and then he pushed me back to the other side." She said, tears forming in her eyes. 

 

     Harry tossed his hand through his messy black hair and looked at her before wiping a tear off her cheek. 

 

    "I've seen more ghosts than I can count... him included. They are all waiting for us on the other side. One day we will all be together again. I find great comfort in that." He said as he pulled away and took a sip of his butterbeer. "Maybe we will all end up ghosts at Hogwarts one day... I think I would like that." 

 

    "I might like that too... but I would have to improve the food for sure." She sniffled as she took a sip of her drink too, giving him a watery smile. They both remembered nearly Headless Nicks death day party all too well. 

 

    "Definitely..." Harry agreed... grateful for the lighthearted way in which they could talk about such things now. 

 

    "I'll be there... in the library, frightening first years from the restricted section..." she sighed... it was sad because it was true. 

 

    "I'll wait for you, seeing as I'll probably be the first to go..." 

 

     "No... we will all live to be 150, sitting on a picnic bench together, eating chocolate frogs and reminiscing about the golden days... promise me?" She asked.

 

     "As long as we keep saving each other, we should be okay..." he said as he patted her on the back. 

 

    "We probably could have picked a less risky vocation..." she said with raised brows. "But I have your back partner."

 

    "Likewise." Harry smirked before getting up to use the washroom. 

 

    Hermione enjoyed about three seconds of peace before Draco plunked into Harry's spot and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. 

 

   "I thought they would never leave..." he said as he wrapped an arm around her and took a sip of her beverage. "Feeling nostalgic today?" He asked, Referring to the butterbeer she was drinking. He wrinkled his nose at the flavour he wasn't so fond of. 

 

   "I suppose I was..." she said, leaning into his side and stealing a sip of his whiskey. "Are you done arguing with Ginny?" 

 

   "You know very well I would prefer to be arguing with you... in bed." He said kissing her on the forehead. "On the couch..." he kissed lower down to her jaw. "Or on the floor when we just don't have time to make it anywhere else." He finished, grasping her hand and placing a kiss on her knuckles as he looked at her devilishly. 

 

   "You know better than to quarrel with me, you don't have an advantage without the soul bond. I could change my mind at the alter if you don't let me win." She said as she looked away from him and stifled a grin.

 

   "Imperious... body bind... coercion... bribery... whiskey..." Draco started listing off out loud. 

 

   "What are you doing?" She sighed as she wiped some condensation from her glass. 

 

    "Giving you the list of methods I will be using if I suspect cold feet. You are mine, soul bond or not. Never forget it." He whispered into her ear as his protective grasp tightened on her waist. 

 

    "As if you would ever let me forget..." she whispered as they grew nearer to each other. 

 

    "OY! We see enough in the paper about you two! Now we have to see it up close?!!" George yelled at them from the other table, causing a couple of their friends to snicker. 

 

     Hermione stopped abruptly and looked into Draco's eyes, stifling a laugh. "Want to get out of here?" She asked. 

 

    "Obviously, your feet and I have some serious business to attend too. I have to keep them warm somehow." He said as he picked her up in a swift movement and carried her to the floo.

 

   "Rich people... never want to pick up the tab." Ron laughed to Ginny as he watched them leave.

Notes:

Tell me what you think! Also there is probably going to be one more chapter with an epilogue. But I never really make the rules. The trio usually decided for me!

Chapter 36: December

Summary:

Long chapter! Won’t give much away... this is not the last chapter.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

  The wedding was the next day but Hermione still was at work... 24 hours before her wedding. 

 

   Trying not to panic, she fidgeted as she sat in the case room with Harry. Mackenzie glared at them between glances at her nails, having a particularity bad day evidently. It had been a long stretch of no cases and aurors were sitting around the blue orb waiting for it to turn red. 

 

   "What's her problem?" Hermione whispered to him. 

 

   "It's Mackenzie, doesn't she always have a problem!" He said lazily as he tugged a string from his cloak. 

 

    "I don't know, she looks properly annoyed right now..." she said softly before the orb suddenly turned red, signifying her and Harry's departure. 

 

    "Oh, it looks like this case calls for more than two Aurors..." Harry said nonchalantly as he peered into the red orb... he then waved Dean and Ron over. 

 

    "Must be something interesting then." She said as they read the address and portkeyed to the location. 

 

    Once they got there, Hermione was pulled in by someone and blindfolded as she heard Ron and Harry laughing from either side of her. 

 

   "What on earth is going on!" Hermione giggled, feeling her best friends leading her up a stony step. Nobody had told her to step however and she tripped, nearly toppling over before the boys steadied her again. 

 

    "Step..." She heard Ron chuckle at her from the other side. 

 

    "A little late there Ron." Harry laughed. 

 

    "I am about two seconds away from blasting the living daylights out of both of you!! Where are we going?" She said, squirming as she reached for her wand. 

 

    She suddenly felt something wooden tapping her on the head. "Looking for this?" Harry replied casually, clearly he had stolen it at one point or another. 

 

    "Here we are!!" Ron said out loud as they ordered her to step over a barrier. 

 

    Suddenly her shoes made a clacking instead of a soft thump and she could feel fresh warm air over the parts of her body that were usually covered in her auror uniform. 

 

    The blindfold was released and Hermione looked at her two best friends then at herself, she was wearing a gorgeous golden dress and heels, standing in what looked like an enormous entrance in a mansion. 

 

   "... where are we," she said in wonder as she looked around the mysterious room. "And what are you two wearing?" 

 

    "It's a proper party for a proper Golden Girl!" Harry whispered in her ear.

 

     The boys were dressed in fine golden suits and glimmered slightly as they led her into a grand library. 

 

    "SHES HERE!!" Ginny squealed as she came up to Hermione in a sparkling gold dress and wrapped her in a hug. "Are you surprised?" 

 

    Hermione looked around at the room and saw that there were thousands of golden balloons filling the ceiling and the space had been charmed to glimmer. The people all wore a range of golden colours and looked over at her as she shyly looked around. 

 

   "That may be a bit of an understatement," she breathed as she took it all in. "So there was no case then?" 

 

   Harry sighed and looked at her in annoyance. "No there was no case... I rather hoped you would have puzzled that part out. I suppose we should put away the brightest witch of her age banner." 

 

    Hermione laughed and pushed him over before hugging Ginny hard. "You planned all this?" She cried. "What did I ever do to deserve a friend like you?" 

 

    "Well since you planned a pretty amazing bachelorette for me, I figured I could do the same..." Ginny said, tugging her into the crowd of their friends. 

 

    "Want to tell me where we are?" Hermione said, stopping in her tracks. 

 

    "Nott manor in France..." Ginny winked at her before pulling her in to their large group of friends where they were all sitting in chaise lounges. "I won't lie, Pansy and Daphne helped majorly with the charms and decorations." 

 

    "So did I!!" Said Annie as she ran up to hug Hermione. 

 

     "You were rather busy with the fine bottles of Brandy in Theo's collection LIAR!" She scorned her cousin. 

 

      Annie raised a brow and swirled her glass as she reached in to hug Hermione. "Happy bachelorette!" 

 

     "Well thank you, it is breathtaking!" Hermione laughed as she looked around the library distractedly. 

 

    Pansy rolled her eyes and passed Hermione a glass. "This is not a book club! There will be no reading." 

 

    "They are in fact charmed to zap you if you even try it!" Annie laughed. "See, Ginny? I did something!" 

 

    "I can counter that spell..." Hermione said quietly as she gazed longingly at the Arithmancy section. 

 

    "Hopeless you are." Ginny laughed. 

 

    

 

     Everyone helped drag Hermione into the party and away from the books until late into the night. Ginny had finally called it quits when most of the group had headed off to the rooms. 

 

    The boisterous red head mothered Hermione into taking so many potions that she felt quite sober... and full by the time she had gotten under the covers in their guilded room. 

 

    The two of them stayed in the same room and whispered excitedly about the next day until both of them had passed out from the sleep potion Ginny had provided her with. 

 

    When they woke up in the morning her bridesmaids, Annie, Luna, Pansy, Daphne and Dyani were already there. They pulled her out of bed and sat her at the vanity before she heard a knock at the door. 

 

    "Who might that be?" Pansy sing-songed as she sauntered over to the door and cracked it open. 

 

    Violetta came in, positively gleaming at a bed headed Hermione as she floated a dress bag behind her. "My masterpiece!" She said in an excited voice as she was followed by a group of stylists. "Let's get to work!" 

 

    The stylists worked on all of the ladies for hours, taming Hermione's hair, fitting her into her dress and using mysterious charms here and there to hold everything in place, they still had to port key to Monaco after all. 

 

   Once they had put a few warming charms for the slightly cooler weather, everything was complete. Violetta uncovered the mirror and turned Hermione around to look at herself in the reflection. 

 

    The woman had outdone herself on this dress, it hugged her in all the right placed and gleamed with silvery light as thousands of crystals fell in waves over the chiffon cover, the creamy fabric wrapped around her and she felt like a Goddess with all the pretty jewelry on her upper arms and ankles. 

 

   "We wanted you to look like the warrior you are!" Violetta sighed as she moved a piece of fabric over to inspect something or another. 

 

    "This is... perfect, thank you!" Hermione cried out, going to rub her fist over her eyes.

 

   "NOOO!" One of the French stylists shouted, stopping her in her tracks. "There ez a drying charm over eeeeet! No tears shall make it past the barrier! NO RUBBEEENG!" 

 

    "You are ready 'Ermione! We will see you there!" Violetta said happily as she stepped back and packed up her things with one swoop. She gave Hermione a quick and careful hug before disappearing with her crew into the floo. 

 

    "Did you hear that?" Ginny smirked.

 

     "No RUBBING! Want us to pass the message on to Draco?" Annie snickered. 

 

      Hermione scowled at them but it quickly turned into a smile once she saw how beautiful they all looked. "You all look so wonderful!" She said, she felt herself cry slightly but it dried up at the corner of her eyes and sizzled away like a small fog. 

 

   "You, look wonderful..." Luna said happily as she guided a misty Hermione out of the door. 

 

    Once they were in the hall they began their way down the corridor and then into the library once more. 

 

   A pedestal was now set up in the middle of the room and the girls guided her towards it. Hermione looked down and saw that placed on it was the book "101 facts about Gillyweed'.

 

    "What is this?" She chucked as she looked at it curiously. 

 

     "The place where you two first began... I do believe your first date was in exchange for one of these books..." Ginny laughed. "Theo thought it would be clever." 

 

     "Of course he did..." Hermione sighed, remembering the very first date she and Draco had shared before the beginning of all of this. There was also a little note beside the book, so Hermione opened it. 

 

    Thank you, Sweetheart for bringing so much joy and happiness to my best friend, we will see you at the alter. 

 

   P.S: Hope you liked my manor. 

 

   Sincerely, 

 

   Theodore Nott. 

 

     "Are you ready?" Ginny said to her, grasping her hands as Hermione smiled down at the letter. 

 

     "Ready as I'll ever be." She replied before the girls placed their hands over the book and swirled into space.

 

    •

 

    The wedding was at a large stone castle in a hidden community of witches and wizards on the shores of Monaco. It was a brisk and cloudy December day but there was nothing but warmth entering Draco as he though of her. 

 

    He walked down to the alter with his teary mother in hand and then let her go before walking on to the platform, standing at the front to look over everyone. 

 

    Half of the Hogwarts teaching staff and the former students had shown up, along with many people from the Ministry, a plethora of extended family and many of his mother's friends from the area. Draco felt rather uncomfortable at the mass of people that had shown up, but steeled himself as his groomsmen began to enter with Hermione's bridesmaids. 

 

   He had asked his former classmates and current work friends, Adrian Pucey and Ernie Macmillan to be part of his party so that the large amount of bridesmaids wouldn't be walking down the aisle alone, but Theo was up to the task as he came out with Pansy and Daphne on one arm while Blaise came out with Luna and Annie. Ernie walked down with Ginny and Adrian walked down with Dyani and they all gathered at the front of the crowd while they waited for the girl of the hour. 

 

    Ginny winked at him from the brides side as they all shuffled into place and Theo grasped his shoulder and whispered in his ear. "Thanks for at least letting me be the best man of this wedding." He laughed. 

 

   "Blaise was busy." Draco drawled, but he let a smile shine through and continued to look ahead at the entrance waiting for his witch. 

 

    After what felt like a million years, the music began on soft French violins and three people entered the room, causing quite a few gasps and sighs. 

 

    Hermione was walking in a beautiful white dress and glamourous veil with her hair flowing over her shoulders, an angelic braid crown graced the top of her head and her silver jewellery glimmered in the castle skylights as she passed the rows. 

 

    Harry and Ron were on either side of her and caught her slightly as she tripped on one of the cobblestones, causing all three of them to laugh before they let her finally made it to the alter. They then joined the front row of people along with their Hogwarts headmistress. 

 

 

   Hermione stood in front of him and he reached out for her, she looked around the crowd again nervously before grasping his hands tightly and peering up shyly through the veil she was wearing. He gave her a knowing look, both hated crowds yet seemed to always attract the largest ones... and this one was the largest, requiring plenty of extending charms throughout the castle. 

 

    "It's just you and me." He whispered to her as he lifted her hand to lay a soft kiss on top, causing her to smile and blush all at once. 

 

    They stared at each other as the Wizard began the incantations and joined their hands together with the bonds of their marriage and rings. But they hardly heard anything, which is why Draco was surprised when he actually needed to answer the question. 

 

   "Do you, Draco Malfoy, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The stout man said. 

 

    "I do..." he said, stepping closer to her and running a hand over her cheek. 

 

    "Do you Hermione Granger, take Draco Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband?" 

 

    "I do." She said softly, looking up at him with her large brown eyes. 

 

     "You may kiss the bride!" 

 

     Draco gently lifted the veil from her face and pressed a long kiss to her lips before she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened it. 

 

    The crowd ohh'd and awe'd but they hardly noticed as the crowd melted away from them while they finally made their marriage official, again. 

 

    "Thank goodness she said yes, we had a whole plot to entrap her had she of said no." Theo laughed to Blaise, loudly enough for her to hear them. 

 

     "I do appreciate you offering your services," Draco said sarcastically. "But she's trapped now, so that won't be necessary." 

 

    "And I couldn't be happier." Hermione sighed as she turned his face back towards her from his friends and kissed him stupid. 

 

     "My my, we might think you actually like him if you kiss him like that." Blaise commented innocently from the side. 

 

    •

 

     The castle was able to accommodate the large amount of people for the reception and they all had a lovely Christmas style dinner with holly and pine adorning the tables as an orchestra played gently in the background. 

 

    "Okay! Time for the speeches!" Ginny said loudly as she tipped her knife to her glass and stood up, addressing the crowd. 

 

    "In front of everyone?" Hermione blushed into her wine as Draco held her in place. She wanted to disappear into the cranberry stuffing. 

 

     Hermione noticed Katya in the background with the other photographers they had for the eventing and paled, hopefully Ginny didn't say anything embarrassing. 

 

     "Hermione... you are my best friend," Ginny began smoothly. "So when you told me you were going on a date with Malfoy, of course I thought you had gone completely mental!!"

 

    "Oh here we go...." Harry sighed, having a sip of wine and giving Hermione a sympathetic look as Ron choked on his champagne. 

 

     "But..." Ginny said, leaving a dramatic pause in her sentence before she continued. "As usual, you trusted yourself to know what you wanted. Now, you two not only inspire people to love each other fiercely, but you also showed everyone that in this new world, you can love whoever you want. The walls that used to separate us aren't as tall as they used to be. And Draco, you have proven yourself over and over again for my best friend, and there is no one else who would have put up with her for nearly this long... and." Another dramatic pause, Hermione noted. "There is nobody else I would trust to do so! I wish you the happiest of marriages, and I love you both!" She winked as she captured the crowd with her raised flute before draining it. 

 

   Hermione couldn't help but laugh at the shocked faces of Draco's older relatives that had been gossiping about their lively crew from the back. Ginny had specifically winked in their direction when she had given the speech. 

 

    The rest of the words spoken that night paled in comparison to Ginny's but they all laughed at a few of the lovely memories their friends had shared and drank heartily before the dancing commenced. 

 

   Harry led Hermione out on to the dance floor first and they laughed as he clumsily tried to dance to the elegant symphony, tripping over his shoes until she finally bossed him into letting her take the lead.  

 

    "That's enough of that I think... whatever that was." Drwco said to Harry as he took over with much more grace and elegance than her first partner. 

 

     He took her hand gently and placed his at the small of her back, easily sweeping her across the dance floor as the crowd began to couple into partners. They danced for what felt like seconds and hours all at once. 

 

   "You look so beautiful..." he whispered, looking down at her from his height and kissing her on the forehead. "But I much preferred our first wedding I must confess." 

 

    "Yes, I can't see a way out of this one though, so I suppose we best try and have a good time."

 

    "I suppose we must..." he said, grazing his nose against hers before letting their lips meet briefly again. 

 

 

     "Okay! Time for cake!" Ginny said as she passed by with Harry. 

 

      Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry chocolate cake that was selected by the bride and groom and Hermione complained as Draco shoved a piece into her mouth. She had smeared it somewhere much dirtier the first time around and that seemed to be the only thing on her mind as the memory of the flavours took hold. Draco's expression was enough evidence to know he was thinking the same thing.

 

   "Stop... naughty minx." He whispered in her ear before they sat back down to enjoy the sweet dessert. 

 

    "I wasn't doing anything..." she laughed as she tipped a sip of champagne down. 

 

    "You weren't doing anything when your mouth was on my—"

 

     "Hermione." She heard from behind them as the crowd began to mingle. 

 

     "Professor McGonagall!" Hermione's said abruptly as she turned to give the strict woman a hug. 

 

     The Professor gave her a small tight hug before landing a firm grip on Draco's shoulder and congratulating him in their wedding. 

 

    "I'm so happy for the both of you. Now, I must leave for Hogwarts so I wanted to give you these before I left." 

 

    She passed her a small red present with a silvery card and green string on the top before she gave Harry and Ginny a handshake and left  dissaperated abruptly. 

 

    "A headmistresses work never ends..." Harry shrugged before going back to his lively conversation with Theo. 

 

    "Your present pile has become quite large Hermione... perhaps you need some help with that?" Ron winked as he looked over at the pile of presents under the massive Christmas tree in the center of the room. 

 

     "I have to open them to send 'thank you' letters first, then I will rewrap them and send them to you..." she said rolling her eyes. 

    

    "But I love presents." Ron said longingly as he looked over. 

 

    "You best have your wand on you when you open my present this year... wanker." George smirked at his brother. He still had blue hair from their last row and had laughed it off but was most likely planning revenge at this very moment. 

 

    "Well I think you look lovely in blue... it doesn't clash with your red eyebrows at all. It compliments them quite nicely..." Daphne said sarcastically as she grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his cheek. 

 

    "Liar..." he chuckled as he pulled her in for a proper kiss. 

 

    "You know Hermione, I think this might be one of my favourite Christmas yet..." Harry whispered from beside her as she squeezed his hand. 

 

     Her heart fluttered for a moment... every time things were going well, something always seemed to go awry... she sincerely hoped that wasn't the case this time and she could finally relax.

 

    Draco seemed to sense this and held on to her tight from the other side. 

Notes:

Sorry for the wait. This summer has been a bitch. Luckily I might have covid and therefore a break to write lol!

Chapter 37: The Letter (Explicit)

Summary:

Hermione gets unexpected information.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

     "Oh my gods Draco, you are insatiable..." Hermione sobbed, as her husband licked a trail up her stomach to latch on to a nipple. 

 

     "You bet me I couldn't fuck you for 24 hours straight... that was your first mistake." He said mischievously as he took a pastry from the platter beside them and pushed it into her mouth. 

 

     "No, my first mistake was drinking a bottle of ouzo to myself..." she said in a muffled tone as she tried to eat and get the last word in at the same time. 

 

     He flashed her a lopsided grin and she melted underneath him before he sensually slipped his fingers down her side. She had turned him into a sex-crazed sixteen-year-old again and was starting to wonder if her vagina was going to fall out of her body before the pleasure bloomed once more. 

 

    "Are you saying... you want me to stop?" He said as he laid wet open-mouthed kisses along her collarbone, thrusting into her as if he had just begun the bet.

 

    She thought about this for a moment before his hand slipped down and began massaging her clit languorously. 

 

    "God no..." she cried out as they did it all over again for the next two hours. 

 

     Once they gloriously came undone for the 30th time in 24 hours Draco looked at the muggle clock on the wall and gave her a wink before she flopped on top of him. 

 

    "24 hours and 5.2 minutes..." he declared, rubbing his hand up and down her sweat beaded back as they lay in the morning light of the Greek Island. 

 

     "You win... we name our firstborn Scorpius... I rather hate you right now..." she moaned as he wrapped his arms around her and squeezed. 

 

    "I already knew his name was going to be Scorpius you know..." he whispered into her hair. 

 

    "And how exactly did you know?" She said as she rolled her head up to look at him, planting a kiss on his chin. 

 

    "You said it once... when you came back from the Great Lake." He said as he pushed her hair back into place. 

 

     "I said Scorpius?" She said incredulously. 

 

     "Mhmm... so technically it's your name... it was the only thing you said before you lost consciousness." 

 

     "That's so odd," Hermione said as she flipped her head back into his sticky chest and puzzled it out... she had seen their soulbond, she had seen her memories, she had seen her and Draco, but she hadn't remembered anything about a future child. That she would have surely remembered.

 

   "I'm going to go walk down to the beach... want to join?" She asked as she got up off the bed, putting on a bathing suit with a sundress. 

 

    "I'll meet you down there, I'm just going to rest my eyes for a moment..." Draco said sleepily as he replaced her warmth with the pillow next to him. 

 

     Hermione smiled and kissed him on the forehead before grabbing her bag. As she reached the door, she could already hear Draco's breathing change as he fell to sleep almost instantly. She closed the door as quietly as possible and went down the stairs and out the door of the villa at the magical resort they were staying at. 

 

    When she got to the beach,  she laid out a towel and rested her head against the sand, falling asleep for a few hours before finally deciding to read the new book she had received from Molly on 'The Magic of Matrimony'. She never would have chosen it but some ancient, spells that had been in place for thousands of years when it came to the subject and she figured it was worth a read. That's when the silvery letter McGonagall had given her for her wedding slipped out and fell into her lap. 

 

    She had forgotten about the letter during the daze of her honeymoon with Draco and had opened the present which had been the original copy of Hogwarts a History which had magically updated to include the war but hadn't thought of the letter until now. 

 

    She looked over the silvery paper but found nothing on the front or back which she found rather odd. 

 

    Sitting up and adjusting herself to sit up in the sand, she unopened the paper carefully and found a parchment letter inside. 

 

    Opening it, she began to read... 

 

 

    Dear, Mrs. Malfoy,

 

   I give my very best wishes to you and your Husband on your wedding, the first and the second. 

 

   You see Hermione since I am now deceased, I would like to share something with you that you may or may not have guessed from our short time together. 

 

    The family of the Dumbledore's are and always have been, a family riddled with seers. We are a pesky and quite meddling breed as you may have noticed and I was the worst of them all.  

 

    I saw every terrible thing that was going to happen, but I couldn't sit idly by and let it pass without a fight. I started with Harry, planned every move that would work out in our favour and used him to win the war. I must say I regret none of this, but I do regret the pain and suffering you all had to go through in the process. 

 

   Unfortunately, I didn't stop there. The future still was uncertain after my original plan... so I meddled one more time. When the basilisk petrified you in your second year, I discreetly bonded your soul to Malfoy. Through your love, you would be the ultimate plan to solidify the unification of our world, a powerful pure-blood from the side of darkness, and a powerful muggle-born from the side of the light. 

 

    I had to confess this to you, much like a deathbed confession but, delayed. I am sorry for what I have done but I can't say I came to regret this decision much when I saw what you two would become together. I can't take credit for it, but I can warn you that things are about to change drastically for you shortly. 

 

   Good luck with all your endeavours,

 

   Sincerely,

 

   Albus Dumbledore.  

 

 

   Hermione stood there in a daze as she read the letter over again slowly. Her soul bond had been forged... her love had been forced and her life had been planned for her. She tossed the letter inside her purse and pressed her for-fingers into her eyes. What was Draco going to think when she told him? Would he be upset? Would he love her less? 

 

   She shakily got up from her spot on the beach and headed back to the resort. She stopped in to order breakfast for the two of them at the front desk where the concierge was. She nearly forgot all about the letter though when she saw the owner of the establishment yelling at a poor house elf and beating him with a broom behind the desk. 

 

   "Hey!!" Hermione yelled out, snapping out of her reverie and jumping to the elf's aid. 

 

    "What are you doing to him!" She spat as she stepped in between the Wizard with the broom and the beaten-down elf in rags. 

 

     "He missed a spot on the floor! A woman stepped in a pile of— Hermione Granger?" The man said fretfully. 

 

      "Yes... I am Hermione Granger and I order you to stop what you are doing! Beating free elves is illegal and I won't stand for it." 

 

     "But it is not illegal..." he said soothingly as he tried to calm her down a fraction. "I own him and he must obey my rules!" He explained, glaring at the terrified little creature. 

 

      "Fine... then why don't you punish him by making him read the hotel rule book 100 times." She said calmly as she pointed to the book beside her. 

 

    "That is an odd punishment... but if you insist..." he said, pushing the withered book towards the elf named Monte, she could see his name from his collar. 

 

    Suddenly the elf's ears perked up and he looked at Hermione with a teary face. 

 

    "Master has presented Monte with a... bikini!" He said. 

 

     The owner looked at her sundress and she covered herself with her crossed arms as she glared at him. 

 

    "What— no I did not— WHAT?" He panicked. 

 

    "We expect our breakfast delivered promptly..." Hermione smirked as she traipsed from the Lobby. 

 

   

 

    Hermione stood at the door of the villa and sighed before entering the large foyer. 

 

    She was hoping a big breath of air would magically cure the anxiety she had over the conversation ahead of her. 

 

    Ascending the stairs, she opened the door to the bedroom and let herself absorb her blissfully unaware husband who may or may not feel the same about her after he awoke from his peaceful sleep. She cursed Dumbledore for his meddling, how could he do this to her? At least Harry somewhat knew what was in store for him, but Dumbledore had used her without any permission. He had used them. 

 

    She dropped her bag and sat on the bed with the letter in her hand, noticing that Draco was slowly waking up again. 

 

    Hermione watched as he opened his sleepy eyes and searched her face curiously. 

 

    "Are you ready for round two already darling?" He chuckled. 

 

     That was it... she began sobbing uncontrollably and passed him the letter before running off and slamming herself into the ensuite bathroom. 

 

     "Hermione! What is it?" He shouted from outside the bathroom. 

 

    "Just read it..." she choked out in between gasps as the lumpy tears fell down her face.

 

    "No... not until I know you are okay! Don't make me come in there..." he growled as he fiddled with the doorknob. 

 

     "Just read it..." she shouted at him from behind the door. 

 

     "I refuse to read it until you are out here and in my arms... now, stop crying and come out here please." He said in a calmer voice as she slowly began to breathe again. 

 

     "... no." She finally said. 

 

     "Why?" 

 

     "Because you may not think of me the same way after you read it... I can't watch while that happens." 

 

     "Come out here now before I blow off the door handle and make you." He snorted... clearly becoming annoyed with her. 

 

      She was silent for a few long moments before slowly opening the door a bit to reveal her tear-streaked face. 

 

     "Come here..." he said calmly as he pulled her close and held her head against his chest. She sobbed harder and he carried her over to the chair by the window and held her tight. "What is it?" He murmured in her ear as he stroked her face. 

 

    "Just read it." 

 

    Draco opened the letter, pulling her back down on his lap when she tried to get up. She figured she may as well revel in his touch now before he questioned everything that they were. 

 

    She waited and held on to him tight as he read the letter around her shaking body. 

 

    He finally let the letter down and snorted angrily before standing them both up. 

 

    "I'm sorry, he did this to you." She said reaching for his hand. 

 

    He tore it away and ran his fingers through his hair before bursting the letter into flames. 

 

     "Fuck, Hermione... if you think this simple letter could destroy everything we've built I don't think you understand me yet..." he sighed in frustration. 

 

    "What— what do you mean?" She sniffled as she wiped her face free of fluids. 

 

     "I loved you before he bound us... and I loved you after... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO PROVE THAT?" He shouted, shaking her back and forth until she looked at him. "Dumbledore may like to take credit for this but he can't, we did all the work, we made all the sacrifices... we loved each other and we will love each other. Forever. You are mine and I am yours..." he finished softly before picking her up and wrapping her arms around his hips. 

 

    "I could kill that crazy old git for making you feel like this is all a lie... but you know it's not. Nothing can break us, nothing will ever break us." He said with force as he pulled her in and kissed her desperately. 

 

    She wrapped her arms around him so hard she thought her arms would crack at the joints but she didn't care. He was right of course. She didn't love him any less.

Notes:

Me trying to do Dumbledore 🙈🙈😬💀🧐🥸😖🤔👎🏽👎🏽✍🏼✍🏼🤓🤓

Chapter 38: Wants and Wishes

Summary:

Forgive me, trying to fit all this in one chapter was a little ambitious.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

   Hermione and Draco cut their trip to the resort short after she told him of the altercation with the house-elf. 

 

   She had not realized how much things hadn't changed in certain countries when it came to magical equality among creatures after the incident and hadn't felt right supporting a business that carried on with archaic and cruel practices, so they decided to stay at home for the remainder of the holidays and enjoy the general splendour of Diagon Alley at Christmas time. 

 

    It was two days before Christmas Eve and they were sitting in cozy sweaters by the fire as Hermione wrapped their Christmas presents. The tree gleamed with sparkling ornaments and they drank hot chocolate eggnog while they laughed and talked happily, enjoying the Christmas spirit. 

 

    "This is the first time everyone will be able to see your beautiful ring..." he said as they sat back on the couch tiredly. "A beautiful Ruby for a beautiful Gryffindor girl." He whispered as his Santa hat flopped into her face. 

 

     "Watch where you're going with that! It could do some serious damage." She laughed as she pushed it back the other way behind his head.

 

    "You are the one who made me wear it, love..." he laughed before kissing her tenderly. 

 

    The fireplace crackled in the distance and snow was starting to fall at the large arched window, the cats were sleeping soundly on their cat beds and everything was completely perfect. 

 

    'Tap' 

 

     An owl appeared at the window and Draco looked at Hermione in confusion before getting up and seeing what it could be. 

 

     "Thanks." He murmured to the owl before opening the Ministry letter. 

 

      "Who's it from??" Hermione said worriedly as she looked at the clock, it was 1 in the morning and she had no idea what a letter like this could be. 

 

     The warning from Dumbledore rang heavy in her mind as she stood up and followed her husband to the window. 

 

     The letter folded itself into a woman's face and then began its speech. 

 

    "This is an urgent letter from the Family Displacement Department of the Ministry of Magic. Your presence is required immediately at the desk of Jane Hopscotch." 

 

     "What on earth!?" Draco began as they looked at each other in bewilderment. 

 

      •

 

     It was 1:02 in the morning and Hermione and Draco ran through the abandoned halls of the Ministry hand in hand. 

 

     They only stopped once they hit their destination and quickly found the desk they were looking for. 

 

    "Are you Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy?" The woman said from behind her desk.

 

     "Yes... yes!!" Draco said quickly. "What on earth is going on?" 

 

     She looked up at them and gestured for them to sit down. 

 

     "What is the last Wishes and Wants of Andromeda Tonks doing on your desk?" Hermione said in shock as she looked down at the document. 

 

     The witch looked uncomfortable for a moment before folding her hands on the desk. "Ms. Tonks... well she passed away. A rare strain of Dragon Pox I'm afraid, the poor dear went to bed feeling sick and just never... woke up."

 

    "But... what about the baby..." Hermione choked out as she looked at Draco in astonishment. 

 

     "Well you see, he is in our custody until his guardian has been determined." The woman said carefully. "And well... she chose the two of you..." 

 

     "Us?" Hermione choked out. "Is he here?" She said looking around. 

 

      "We will bring him if you agree to take custody of the child. Or we must make other arrangements." The woman said frankly. 

 

      "We will take custody of the child!" Draco said quickly before looking at Hermione. 

 

      She nodded quickly and added a quick. "Yes, we agree to take custody of Teddy Lupin! Now, where is he?" She said assertively. 

 

     With a sudden pop, a kind-looking house elf in tiny jeans and a jumper carried the sleeping child over to Draco and gently dropped him in his lap. 

 

     He stared down at the child with a million different expressions crossing his face. He held him close against his chest and breathed out slowly as his large hand spread over the small bundle. 

 

     •

 

 

     As soon as Hermione filled out all the legal documents they had to floo carefully with the baby to get home. 

 

     Once they were in the door Hermione sent a Patronus to Harry and Ginny and Draco made a floo call to his mother in France. 

 

 

      Harry and Ginny entered in matching Christmas pyjamas a few moments later. 

 

  

     "What on earth is going on?" Ginny said tiredly as she came through the door yawning. 

 

     Harry's eyes bulged once he realized what Hermione had in her hands. 

 

     "Is that Teddy Lupin??" He said incredulously as they came over to her.

 

      Hermione shed a few tears, she hadn't been able to process the death of the woman yet. "Yes... Andromeda passed away this morning and... she left him to us because she wanted him to be with family." She said, still dazed from the whole thing. 

 

     "Fuck... I'll go make some tea! Yes, tea will help!" Ginny said in shock as she went over to the kitchen. 

 

    "So... do you have any idea how to take care of a baby?" Harry said nervously as he stroked one of Teddy's cheeks with his finger. 

 

    "No!" She said in defeat as she sat down on the couch, Santa hat still on. "I babysat my neighbour's child once... but Teddy is only 20 months old..." the realization of what was happening was beginning to set in and she passed Teddy to Harry and frantically scoured the library for baby books. 

 

     "Oh, gods... this is going to be a long night." Ginny nearly sobbed into her kettle as she fought to keep her eyes open. "Where is the pepper-up potion?" 

 

     •

 

      The night was a complete mess, Ginny had called her mother by 5 in the morning and they all had nearly cried at her to tell them what to do. 

 

    The older witch had asked Draco to turn his office into a baby's room, made Harry fetch a multitude of items from the store along with a wide array of mushy vegetables, she had sent Ginny to fetch supplies from Fleur and Bills (for they had a baby of their own) and then soothed and calmed a ragged Hermione. 

 

    Luckily the witch knew Hermione well and charmed the muggle clock on the wall to be a scheduling guideline for naps, feeding and sleeping. 

 

    "All they need is love Hermione, this child will be in no shortage of that around here, you mustn't worry." She cooed as she took the stirring child from her hands. 

 

     There was so much to know, and despite the shock that they were in, Hermione and Draco absorbed every bit of information the witch had to offer before she finally left them to it. 

 

     With a fridge full of food, a closet full of nappys's and a crib. Hermione and Draco sat all day with the child as he wailed. 

 

    Dark circles formed under both their eyes and they both sat there with pepper-up potions. They tried him out on different foods, changed his diaper and tried to get him to nap, but the child was still most likely missing the guardian he had just lost in tragedy the night before.

 

  

 

     Hermione awoke with a sudden jolt. She was wearing cereal grains in her hair, she hadn't washed her hair in two days and she felt like she had been hit by a train, this was a whole new brand of hangover altogether... 

 

     She rose from her spot on the couch and her soul nearly left her body as she saw Draco with Teddy resting flat against his chest. Draco's thumb was in the baby's hand and they both looked so comfortable with each other. 

 

    Teddy was even sporting Draco's platinum blonde hair instead of the light brown colour he usually wore. The cats were actually in their beds instead of hiding in the closet and she slowly leant back down on the couch... trying not to disturb any of it. 

 

    She tiptoed to the bathroom upstairs and cast the strongest silencio she could muster before having a steamy hot shower to wash some of the grime away. 

 

    Once she was clothed and her hair was dry, she put it up in a braid so that Teddy wouldn't grab at it and set downstairs feeling refreshed. 

 

    She quietly picked Teddy up from Draco's chest and put him in the crib gently before laying bijou inside with him, the baby instantly wrapped a teeny arm around the cat before Bijou looked up at her. 

 

    "Watch him..." she said with a small smile as she walked out into the living room to wake Draco. 

 

     "Where is... where is Teddy?" Draco said in confusion as he looked around slowly. 

 

     "He's in his crib with Bijou, why don't you go take a shower and a nap... I've got this." She said with a wink as she leant down to kiss him. "Did you know it's Christmas Eve already?"

 

   "Time doesn't exist anymore... it's just a long stretch of... baby." He laughed before letting her haul his large body off the couch. 

 

    "It's his first Christmas... I want it to be special. We are having dinner with your mother tonight and then going to the Weasleys tomorrow. Now cast a silencing charm and go!" She urged before Draco finally wrestled up the brainpower to move. 

 

    Once he was upstairs, Hermione cast yet another silencing charm on the kitchen and went to work making Teddy's mushy foods and putting them in various coloured jars and containers before making a list of everything else she needed for him. He required a teddy bear, for she assumed Bijou wouldn't be interested in doing the job forever. 

 

    She also wanted to do her research on child-rearing with muggle and magical techniques and was already planning a magical extension charm on her library wall. 

 

    She had just completed her list and prep when she heard quiet noises coming from the baby's room. She flung a blanket over her shoulder, blew the hair from her face and braced herself as she entered the room.

 

  

 

     Dinner with Narcissa was solemn but informative, she too had advice on children and spoke with them about it through her puffy eyes. She held Teddy as he slept, a small comfort for the loss she was feeling, and enjoyed the little man's comfort before putting him in his crib. 

 

     She kissed them both on the cheek before using her portkey back to France and then left the two alone together. 

 

     "I hope she's okay..." Hermione sighed as she went in to wrap her arms around Draco. 

 

     "She's sad, but she will be okay, she has friends and family in France to look out for her." He said as he rested his chin on her head. "I think the question is, are we okay?" He chuckled. 

 

    "This is the biggest decision we ever made, but an easy one for both of us." She replied. "We both fell in love with him the moment we met him and I think we will make great guardians." 

 

     "So do I, as long as we have each other." 

 

     Hermione pulled back for a moment before guiding Draco to sit on the couch with her. 

 

     "Listen Draco, I've been thinking about it," she said slowly. "And I want to change professions..." 

 

      "I knew this was coming..." he said knowingly. 

 

      "I sent a letter to the Department of International law Enforcement and they have agreed to take me on... starting in January. I wanted to talk to you about it but I am sending my letter of resignation to Mackenzie today." She finished, looking up at Draco with a raised brow. 

 

     Draco kissed her on the palm before giving her a look. "Have you told Potter yet?" He chuckled. 

 

    "I will tell him tonight..." she whispered, giving him a small smile. "He will understand." 

 

    "My turn..." Draco said as he looked down at her hand and began to stroke the ring. "I wanted to ask you how you would feel about me, quitting the curse-breaking department and taking over the duties of the estate from my mother?"

 

     "I think that's a wonderful idea, that way you would be able to spend more time with Teddy anyways..." she chuckled. "As long as it makes you happy." 

 

     He bent his head down slightly, letting out a big sigh before kissing her hard, into the couch. 

 

     "Have I told you yet how much I love you... us?" He murmured in between kisses down her neck and chest. 

 

      "I think we've been a bit busy." She breathed as his hand landed on her thigh and spread it open.

 

       "We might even be able to sleep in the bed tonight..." he chuckled as he scooped her up in to his arms. 

 

      "Oh gods, now you really know how to turn me on." She laughed as he carried he up the stairs giggling. 

 

     They got nearly halfway there before they heard wailing down the stairs. Hermione sighed and rested her head against Draco's chest before motioning for him to let her down. 

 

     "There's always tomorrow night..." she chuckled as they walked to the crib. 

 

      "There's always tomorrow night..." Draco replied as he wrapped an arm around her.

Notes:

To the parents out there, no judgy! I have zero experience with children but this was the original course of my story #wedielikeBAMFbitches.

I understand the natural way that other people hand Teddy over to Harry and Ginny in the other stories but I wanted to try something new. (Or this was a way to avoid pregnancy because I have no idea how to write that LOL!!!) I like the idea of Teddy and Draco having family ties as well. I know I’m glossing over a lot but bear with me, I’m doing my best!

Chapter 39: Family (E)

Summary:

This is the end of the line guys! Have fun, this is a zero drama happy chapter during Christmas.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

   Draco and Hermione showed up in the morning at the floo of the Burrow with Teddy resting against Draco's chest. 

 

    "Oh... my... gods... Daddy Draco. It wasn't a hoax." Theo snickered. He was sporting a Weasley sweater and a Santa hat to boot and was practically gawking at the couple as they entered the hearth. 

 

    "No, it certainly is not a hoax," Draco grunted, but he couldn't hide the smirk that flitted across his face when he looked down at the child against him. 

 

     Teddy began to sniffle slightly at the new atmosphere and Draco and Hermione both began to coo and whisper comfortingly to him so that he wouldn't cry again. 

 

     Suddenly the entirety of the Weasley family was surrounding them and the child looked around in surprise at the many happy faces that went in to stroke his hair and pinch his cheeks. 

 

     "He's warming up to you nicely!" Mrs. Weasley said as she grabbed Draco's arm to take him over to the couch. "Tell me is he eating and sleeping well?" 

 

      "Teddy doesn't love to sleep, but he eats more than I excepted for such a small thing... and poops more for that matter." Draco chuckled as he sat beside the Weasley Matriarch with Fleur on his other side with her baby. 

 

      "Did Draco Malfoy just say poop?" Ron snickered quietly to Hermione and Theo. 

 

      "Yes, Ronald... we have a child to look after now, it's a rather common word around our house." She said as she rolled her eyes at him. 

 

      "I've never heard him say it for the record... He had us all convinced Malfoy's didn't shit until at least the 3rd year at Hogwarts." Theo chimed in before going to join Angelina. 

 

     "He fucking would..." Ron chortled causing Hermione to burst out laughing as she watched the ladies of the group fawn over Teddy. 

 

      "I wonder how he was found out..." she gasped. 

 

      "Holding it in must have been why he was so miserable during school... he was actually this pleasant the whole time..." Ron continued. 

 

      They both were in fits of laughter when Harry came to join them in the corner. 

 

     "What are you two cackling about over here?" He smiled. Harry wrapped an arm around Hermione and kissed her head wishing her a Merry Christmas. She looked up at him and her heart sank slightly at the thought of telling him her news, causing her smile to fade a bit. 

 

     "Ron, can you leave us for a moment? I need to talk to Harry." 

 

     The red-head raised his brows and sighed indignantly before going to do as she asked. 

 

     "Uh- oh... what have I done this time..." Harry said as he worried his upper lip. 

 

     "It's nothing you've done..." she sighed before grasping both his hands in hers. "It's just that I have some news." 

 

      "Hermione I already know you have a child... I was there remember?" He chuckled. 

 

     She gave him a classic Hermione look and his smile turned into a suppressed grin as he tried to be serious. 

 

    "Okay, sorry... what were you going to tell me." He sighed. 

 

     "It's just... I've made a decision. I've realized lately that even though I enjoy the Auror Department, I think my true passion lies within the Department of International Law Enforcement." 

 

     "So... you're leaving us?" He said sadly, squeezing her hand and giving her a sorrowful look.

 

     "Yes, Harry. I've already been accepted, and I've already given my resignation to Mackenzie... I've never seen the woman so happy. At least that's what I think that sneer was..." she giggled. 

 

     "Who am I supposed to fight dark wizards with?" He whined as he pulled her in for a bear hug. "We were such a good team."

 

      "We will always be a great team..." she said into his chest. "At least that's what the tabloids tell me." 

 

      He made a face that caused her to chuckle before they were called over to begin opening presents by the Christmas Tree. 

 

     •

 

     Hermione sat on one of the patched couches as Teddy sat in her lap, sporting her hairstyle for once which left him with a mop of unruly hair. She had gone back to her school day curls since Teddy had started living with them (she never had time to style it) and was surprised by his very accurate representation of them now. 

 

     "Is that for me lovey?" She cooed at the smiling child as Draco opened his present from Molly Weasley. 

 

      He blinked at the Green sweater that had a large letter D on the front and felt the fabric in his fingers. "How is it so soft..." he said quietly as his brows furrowed and he inspected the fibres. 

 

     "It's Siberian SaddleSheep wool... they can be sheered up to 10 times during the Christmas season and still grow more," Hermione said as he pulled it over his shirt. 

 

       "It's so nice..." he said softly. 

 

     "Do you like it?" Molly said as she came over to check the fit on him. 

 

      "Yes... thank you, it's so soft..." Draco said again and was surprised when the older woman went in to give him a big hug before passing a much smaller parcel to Teddy.

 

      Teddy looked down at the colourful present and babbled in delight, accepting assistance from both Draco and Hermione to get the paper off before he received his first Weasley sweater too. Draco helped him into it, and they both sighed at how adorable he looked in the light blue fabric with his curls hanging down his face. 

 

    "He's so cute..." Hermione burst out as she held Teddy close to her and squeezed him. 

 

     "You both are!" Said Ginny as she walked over and sat next to Hermione, giving her a big hug. Teddy's eyes widened as he watched Ginny and his hair went bright red as he smiled up at her. 

 

     "Oh, good boy! You know who your godmother is, bless you!" Ginny cooed as she snatched Teddy and flung him above her head before holding him close. He wrapped his fingers in her long red hair in wonder and pressed his giggling face into her chest. 

 

     Draco and Hermione scowled in jealousy as she wrapped him around her finger nearly instantly. 

 

     "Give him back, it's time for..." Hermione tried to think of an excuse to have him again. 

 

     "His snack... it's time for his snack." Draco interjected before taking Teddy back into his arms possessively and walking over to his baby bag. 

 

      Ginny laughed at them and raised a brow with a cocky expression on her face. "I suppose I'm his favourite now..." she laughed. 

 

     Hermione glared at her venomously before taking a pillow from beside her. "I will smother you with this if you are his favourite! He only just warmed up to us yesterday... it took hours... he kept crawling away from me." 

 

     "Oh... I would love to see you try and smother me. Do you think Auror training is hard? You have nothing on us Quidditch players!" She said as she sat on Hermione's unwilling lap and tousled her hair. 

 

     "Stopppp!" Hermione growled as Ginny overpowered her easily. 

 

      "Oh!! I forgot to show you!" Ginny said quickly as she bounced off of the smaller witch and nestled against her, using her as a pillow. "Dad got us all muggle cameras for Christmas!" She said happily as she grabbed the contraption from beside her. 

 

     "That's a nice camera..." said Hermione as she looked through a few blurry photos Ginny had taken over the day. She had still not quite got the hang of it, Hermione supposed. 

 

    "Let's take one together!" Ginny said as she pointed the large camera backwards to face them, the lens was only inches from their face. 

 

     "Here." Hermione laughed "Wingardium Leviosa". She floated the camera a few feet away from them before they smiled. The flash blinded them both and Ginny blinked a few times before the camera floated back into her hands. 

 

    "I'm still getting used to that..." she laughed as she rubbed her eyes slightly. She looked down at the picture and frowned. "Why isn't it blurry? How did you do that?" She grumbled. 

 

    "You have to keep it still." Hermione chided her as Ginny aimed the camera at Draco feeding Teddy some cereal. "No... you're still wiggling it, you have to keep it still, like this." 

 

    'Snap'

 

    "There you go, now that wasn't so hard was it?" Hermione laughed.  

 

     Ginny looked triumphant as she finally took a picture that wasn't blurry. 

 

     "Can you take one of me Draco and Teddy?" Hermione asked as she summoned her husband over. 

 

     "Yes! But let's do it by the Christmas tree!" She said excitedly as she dragged them over and stood them in front of the glowing pine. Teddy stood shakily between Draco and Hermione's and they kneeled to support him better. 

 

     "Wait!" Before Ginny could snap the picture, she grabbed the Santa hat off of George's head and plunked it on top of Teddy's, causing the toddler to giggle before pointing the lens at them again. 

 

    "Now... Teddy, say Aunt Ginny is your favourite!" She laughed before she pressed the button for the photo. 

 

    Teddy babbled and then they all smiled as the flash blinded all three of them... 

 

    "Why is it so bright!!" Draco snapped as he sat Teddy in his lap and rubbed his eyes. 

 

    "Is that a garden gnome in a pink tutu?" Hermione questioned angrily as she jumped up and looked at the Christmas tree topper. 

 

    She glared at George who looked back at her guiltily as he shielded himself behind Daphne. "He was a menace! I was merely giving him something productive to do!" He explained. 

 

    For the first time, Draco laughed along with George as he watched his wife levitate the livid creature off the tree and into her hands. 

 

    She took the stilling charm off of its small body and shouted in pain when he sank his teeth into her thumb causing her to drop him to the floor. The gnome waddled off hurriedly in his pink getup and soared underneath the couch with a throaty shout before disappearing. 

 

    Hermione held her bleeding finger and glowered at George in fury before Daphne came over to help with her injury. 

 

    "Oh... he got you good!" Daphne exclaimed as she took out her wand. "Molly? Do you have any Gnome Saliva Salve?" She shouted over the noise of the house to Mrs.Weasley."

 

    "Yes, Dear! It's in the loo on the third floor!" She shouted back at her. 

 

     "Okay let's go." Said Daphne as she muttered a few spells over Hermione's swelling digit. 

 

    Before they could close the door to the upstairs bathroom, Ginny and Dyani bolted in with them, holding a bottle of Brandy in their hands and giggling against the wooden tub as Daphne took care of Hermione's thumb. 

 

    "We thought you could use something stronger than Gnome Saliva Salve  for your injuries!" Ginny said casually as she threw her hair over her shoulder. "We also haven't been alone with you since your Bachelorette Party!" 

 

     "I can't believe that was only 13 days ago..." Hermione's mused as she watched Daphne stitch up her wound. "So much has happened since then." 

 

      "I can't get over how comfortable Draco looks with a baby in his hands. He's so determined, yet clueless all at the same time, it's completely adorable." Daphne said slowly as she focussed on a particularly nasty piece of skin that was hanging off Hermione's finger. 

 

     "Ouch!" Hermione exclaimed. 

 

    Daphne slowed down and muttered a quick 'sorry' before she began sewing again. "You know the funny thing is, he's better at these things than I am, he's the one who gets him to sleep, I haven't had much luck with that so far... and he's very intuitive to his needs. He is... wonderful..." she said wistfully as the girls around her sighed. 

 

    "I want one!" Whined Ginny as she took a sip of her flask and brought her knees up to her chest looking out the window at the snow falling outside. "Can you imagine me 9 months pregnant and still kicking arse on the quidditch pitch? And Harry would make such a wonderful father!" 

 

    "He will..." said Hermione encouragingly. "So will Ron... we will see about George though." She said as she flashed Daphne a look.

 

     Daphne was still working on the wound but said nothing, causing the girls around her to stop and stare...

 

    "Daphne... you're not... are you???!" Ginny breathed as she stared at the girl. 

 

     "I'm not saying anything." She said defensively as she finished up on Hermione's finger and stood up, crossing her arms.

 

    "Oh my god... you are!" Said Dyani quickly before rushing up and hugging her. 

 

     Daphne laughed and hugged her back before pulling away. "It's still early, nobody is to know!" 

 

     "Mums the word!" Ginny replied as she leapt up and hugged her as well. "I'm going to be an Aunt!!... George is going to be a father...." she said with a strange look on her face. 

 

     "He's going to be an excellent father unless he wants to end up a miniaturized Christmas tree topper in a pink tutu..." Daphne laughed as Hermione hugged her too. 

 

     "I will help with all the spells..." Hermione joked as Daphne pinched her side and giggled. "Let's hope he doesn't bite as hard as a Gnome." 

 

     "Okay, you're cured Hermione, now, let's go downstairs! And nobody says a word!" Daphne whisper-shouted to the squealing girls.

 

    •

 

     Theo held Teddy in his lap as the toddler tried his first Christmas dinner. He had Turkey stuffing all over his face and hands and laughed up at Theo as he made faces back down at him. 

 

     "He's mine now... how dare you, Sir!" He spluttered as Draco smirked and took Teddy back. 

 

      Teddy settled into Draco's lap and accepted the yams and potatoes from his small spoon. 

 

      The table was lively and loud as usual and Draco fit right in as if he had been going to the Weasley gatherings his whole life. He talked with Bill and Fleur about life with a baby, talked about odd Muggle contraptions with Arther and split hairs over quidditch matters with Ginny, Ron and Harry. Hermione's heart was so full she could barely carry it in her chest any longer. 

 

     For the first time in her life, things were good and nothing was looming over them or threatening to take it all away. She trusted the happiness this time and let it take her over as she chatted happily along with everyone else. 

 

     The war they had fought, the difficulties they had overcome, the differences that had been settled. It had all been for this. 

 

 

     She smiled as the little Gnome waddled out from under the couch and settled by her foot. She took a small spoon and put some peas and stuffing on it. As soon as she passed it to him, he gobbled it up happily and she forgave him for biting her earlier, it was Christmas after all. 

 

   •

 

    After dinner, they were all coerced into staying the night. They put the little ones to bed and the older witches and wizards all eventually trickled out of the living area and dispersed to their rooms, leaving The Golden Trio and their partners to drink cocoa in front of the fire as they reminisced over the last year in the glistening light of the tree.

 

    "So you're leaving the program, Hermione?" Ginny asked as she snuggled closer to Harry with a yawn. 

 

     "Yes, I wanted the excitement that came with being an Auror at first... but after our honeymoon in Greece, I realized that there is so much that needs to be done with the integration of magical creatures in the wizarding world. I can do so much more in the International Law Enforcement Department." 

 

    "How many bikinis are you going to bring with you next time you go off to free house-elves?" Ginny laughed as she nudged her friend in the chest. 

 

    "Ow, Ginny!" She chuckled as she rubbed her rib cage. "I'll bring as many as necessary."

 

     They all silently listened to the Snow falling outside until almost everyone fell asleep in front of the crackling fireplace. 

 

    "I'll be right back," Hermione whispered to Draco before she quietly crept up to the bathroom on the second floor. 

 

     She brushed her teeth and was nearly falling asleep at the sink from their long day. She finished up and was surprised to see Draco on the other side when she opened the bathroom door. 

 

     He pushed his way inside with his hand on her hip before closing the door behind him. "Fancy meeting you here," he said quietly as he stepped closer. 

 

     "What are you doing here Draco..." she said as he cast a silencing charm on the room around them. 

 

     "Well, you're the smart one... why don't you puzzle that out for yourself love..." he said as he cornered her into the sink. 

 

     "Hmm... well maybe we haven't... you know... in a while." She grinned up at him. "But that doesn't mean you're getting any now." 

 

      Draco grasped her wrist in his hand and leaned in close to her ear. "Oh no?" He whispered darkly. "Why is your pulse racing then? Why has your breathing hitched?" 

 

     "Maybe it was all the hot chocolate... must have gotten to me..." she laughed raising a brow at him. 

 

     "Or maybe, you want me to fuck you into that sink right now..." he said, pointing behind her with his long thick fingers. 

 

     He quickly scooped her up onto the counter and looked down at her cute Christmas pyjamas while stroking his hand up her thigh and up to her throat. He couldn't contain himself any longer before he crashed his lips against hers, like a snake that had been coiled tightly before snapping to attack its prey. 

 

    She moaned into his desperate kiss, realizing her desire was just as needy and frantic as his own. 

 

    She barely needed to breathe, for he was the air she needed, and had for days.

 

    She ripped off their knitted sweaters as he slipped off her socks and pyjama pants and slipped a finger down her panties. He groaned as he felt with his hand how slick she was for him. "Such a liar..." he bit as he shoved his fingers into her entrance. "I think you want it... bad, just as bad as I do darling." 

 

     Hermione's head rolled back and she felt for his cock, disappointed to find it was still in the confines of his pants. 

 

     "Take those off now!" She demanded as he continued to ravage her lips.

 

     "I can't... I need this too." He whispered as he nuzzled her nose with his, taking in the softness of her lips once more. 

 

     She then slowly pushed him off and sunk to her knees as he huffed in annoyance. 

 

     "And I need this..." she said as she slipped his pants down to his ankles. 

 

      She watched as his enormous length slipped out and she held it in her hand mischievously. 

 

    He reached for the wall behind him as she began to suck him off, he hadn't had an orgasm in days and she felt so good on his member he thought he was going to cum right then and there. 

 

    "Hermione... you need to stop. I'm going to cum...." But it was no use... she was relentless in her endeavour. She gently held his balls in her hand and took him to the back of her throat until he was practically dizzy from arousal. 

 

      She was so turned on from making him such a mess, that she couldn't stop herself when his legs began to shake. He grasped her hair with the one hand that wasn't pressed up against the wall and tried to stop her from getting him off too fast. 

 

     "Fuck Hermione... stop or... FUCK!" He cried out as she grabbed his cheeks and swallowed all four days' worth of his sexual frustration down her wet throat. He throbbed uselessly into it, feeling like a total wanker for cumming all over her within a minute. She pulled herself off of him and he took a moment to comport himself as she looked up at him with a smirk. 

 

   "That was very naughty of you." He growled as he bent down to pick her up and place her back on the sink. He ripped her panties down her legs and held on to her thighs roughly as he whispered in her ear. "I told you to stop." 

 

   "I suppose I just... couldn't help myself." She giggled. He was annoyed, but couldn't help himself, he kissed her hard before he began descending her neck and collarbone just to feel her skin against his lips again. 

 

    "Well, then I suppose I'm going to have to make you cum faster... to make up for it!" He said into her neck before lowering down and lifting her legs over his shoulders. 

 

      He scooted her bum closer to his face, causing her to gasp as he teased her relentlessly. He sucked on her creamy thighs, licked her mound and lips, giving each a special little hickey until she was begging him for it... just the way he liked her. Her hair was a mess and she was grabbing at his arms in frustration, that's when he finally decided to strike.

 

      Draco's tongue relentlessly circled her clit and his lips sucked her to the brink of insanity.

 

      If he hadn't cast such a strong silencing charm, he was sure she would have woken up the whole house with her magnificent noises. 

 

     Her thighs were gripping his face and he gripped them back with his arms, fighting for dominance as he felt her tremble all around him. 

 

     He plunged his fingers into her dripping cunt while he continued his ministrations between her lower lips and was already growing hard down below from her uninhibited noises. He could barely wait to take her after he made her cum like this. 

 

      He was the meticulous hunter and his goal was the prize. He lapped at her dangerously until he felt the channel his fingers were wedged in tighten while she screamed in ecstasy. 

 

     He had her... 

 

     He sucked at her like a deranged vampire and felt her gush as he brought her to that 45-second orgasm that he had promised... and did he ever deliver. Once she was finished screaming, she nearly passed out, starting to fall forward before he caught her on his shoulder. 

 

     "Good girl..."  

 

     Draco praised her until she finally was able to sit up straight and look him in the eyes. 

 

      "Let's go to bed..." he laughed as he steadied her up by the shoulders and began to stand her up. 

 

      "Oh no... you are not getting out of it that easily." She replied simply before launching herself at him. 

 

      He caught her in surprise as she pushed them into the door and slammed them against it. 

 

     "You promised to fuck me into the sink, don't tell me you've lost your nerve..." she dared as she lifted herself to meet his pulsing shaft. 

 

      "You are incredible..." he sighed as he pressed a passionate kiss on her lips once more before letting her fuck him into Boxing Day.

 

     

 

      Once breakfast was ready, Hermione pulled the sweater over her head and went into the children's room to grab Teddy. He was smiling up at her and sporting her unruly curls as he hugged his bear and then reached up for her as she went to pick him up. "Are you ready for breakfast?" She whispered to him excitedly as she took him downstairs with Draco to meet the rest of the family. 

 

     "Where did you two skip off to last night?" Ginny said innocently as her mother piled pancakes on her plate. 

 

      "We just went to bed..." Hermione said defensively as she sat Teddy in her lap and cut up pieces of blueberry pancake for him. 

 

      Ginny winked at her, causing Hermione to glare in her direction before she greeted everyone else who had stayed the night. 

 

     Everyone around the table engaged in conversation animatedly and magic flew through the air as George and Daphne announced that their wedding would be in January. Hermione found this to be the perfect time to subtlety drop a piece of pancake on the floor in case a certain garden gnome was still trapped in the house. 

 

    "Another one of my babies!! Married!" Molly sobbed as she threw her arms around George and Daphne. "I've never been so happy!" 

 

     The Christmas music played and everyone drank butterbeer and ate bacon until Teddy started to fuss. 

 

    "I think it's time for us to leave, he's had a lot of stimulation this trip and he probably needs a break..." Draco whispered to Hermione, who agreed whole-heartedly. 

 

     "Okay everyone, thank you for such a wonderful Christmas! It's time for us to get back home." Hermione said as she said her goodbyes. 

 

     Once she had thanked Molly again for the wonderful Christmas. The three of them were off to the floo and then suddenly through their fireplace in the next instant.

 

     The rush of the journey made Teddy wail uncontrollably and the pair of them calmly sat him on the couch and let him cry until he calmed down. His eyes looked like they were becoming heavy and he shut them gently as he nuzzled into Draco. 

 

     "So... what did you think of the Burrow?" Hermione whispered to Draco once Teddy was finally asleep in his arms. 

 

     "It was different," Draco said mysteriously. 

 

     "Bad different?" She prodded. 

 

     "No... not bad. It was good..." he said. He seemed to be choosing his words carefully as he continued. "Their family is so full of life and love... it's almost..." he trailed off. 

 

     "Almost what..." she whispered.

 

     "I want that... for us..." he finished as he looked over at her. "I always thought growing up with privilege and fine things was the only way to be happy..."

 

    "Are you saying you want a big family too?" She asked as a smile tugged the corner of her lips.

 

    "The real question is, do we want a big family?" He said as his eyes locked onto hers while Teddy was stirring in his sleep. 

 

     She pressed a tender kiss on his lips and then placed a hand over Teddy's small back, stroking it softly. "We already do... but there's no reason we can't add a few more seats to the table of our own... just know that all our children will be Gryffindors.” She murmured firmly.

 

    “You are much more Slytherin than Gryffindor darling. They will be wearing green, I almost guarantee it!”

 

    Hermione stroked Draco’s hair softly as she looked at him very seriously. “Red.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    *Thanks for reading, I know that ending a fic is very difficult but this is exactly how I envisioned it from the start. I wanted Draco to fit into the Burrow even if I had to jam his character in there. Also, the scene in the Half-Blood Prince where they are all at the Burrow for Christmas was one of my favourite chapters and It may have been the scene that pushed me into writing this in the first place. I’m not planning an epilogue at this time but sometimes random things come to me and I have to act on it lol! Thanks for putting up with all the plot holes, bad grammar and generally dizzying scenes and dialogue!*

Notes:

I had so much fun writing this and am sad it is over but the sense of completion makes me happy too! Sorry for keeping you waiting for most of the last chapters!!

Thanks to all who left comments for nearly every chapter ( You know who you are ;)) they were the only things keeping me going at times. And thanks for all the kudos and hits!

Love you all! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your Summer and maybe you will see some new stuff come fall;).

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Series this work belongs to: