Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-11
Updated:
2021-08-31
Words:
12,985
Chapters:
13/?
Comments:
16
Kudos:
177
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
4,249

When will you be back?

Summary:

"Why would I join?" Diluc remarks, a scowl present on his face as he takes a sip of grape juice from a wine glass.

Ajax only smirks, a chuckle coming out of his mouth. "I knew you would say that, Master Diluc. You're so predictable," He stands up and reaches his hand to gently grab Diluc's jaw, his thumb pressed against the redhead's lips. "But, wouldn't you like a peek from inside the Fatui's base? You would learn so much."

Diluc scoffs and slaps away Ajax's hand. "Why," Diluc questions, Ajax making a 'hm' sound. "Why would you like me to do that? I could join and then double-cross you all. That's a stupid idea allowing me to join. Either way, I would never think about being in the Fatui." He says.

"Think about it," Ajax informs him, taking his last sip of wine. "I'll be taking my leave now. Have a good day, Master Diluc. I'll be back."

Notes:

Help my sanity, please. Stay safe and enjoy.

Chapter 1: His Arrival

Chapter Text

 

   Today was one of those rare days in which Diluc decided to work behind the counter in Angels' Share and he picked the worst day to do so. The tavern was energetic and drunks were bellowing for their glasses to be refilled every five minutes. Diluc grumbled as he heard another person yell: "Another -- hic! -- drink, please!"

  Diluc pinched the bridge of his nose, motioning Charles to go get the glass that demanded to be filled. Charles nodding and leaving the bar to go grab some glasses. The redhead looked at the door, hearing it open. Much to his dismay, Kaeya, the Calvary Captain, had arrived. 

  "Ah, hello, dear brother," He says, Diluc's eyes furrowing. Diluc gives him a glare Kaeya knows too well. "Tavern's lively today, isn't it? I'm surprised you decided to work today. Normally, you would simply lounge in the Dawn Winery all day." Kaeya chuckles.

  "First, I've told you on many occasions to not call me 'brother'," Diluc tells him. "Second, what do you want? Go away and sleep with some random person you find laying in the streets again."

  Now, the two have a tricky relationship, to say the least. For Diluc, it's sort of a love-hate relationship. He cares for his brother, don't get me wrong, but he also has a place in his heart that tells Diluc to throw Kaeya away. 

  That place in his heart is a dark place Diluc tries to neglect, but at times, it overcomes him, consuming him. There have been times where he's had the urge to slam a bottle of wine on Kaeya's head, to let him bleed, to turn his back on Kaeya. That thought scares Diluc.

  Kaeya gasps dramatically, placing his hand on his heart. "Oh, my Barbatos! How rude of you, Diluc! I feel offended," He huffs, crossing his arms. "Now, could you please give me a glass of Dandelion Wine? Thank you."

  "Fine, but you're paying for it. I already have the bard not paying me, I don't need someone else deciding not to pay." Diluc groans, grabbing a clean cup and a bottle of wine.

  Kaeya nods, "Okay, okay. I'll pay this time," Kaeya retrieves a bag of mora from his pocket and places it on the bar. "See? Real mora."

  "Okay. I'll believe you this time," Diluc states, handing Kaeya his wine. Kaeya gives him a stare. "Hm? What is it?"

  "The Fatui. I heard one of the Harbingers had arrived in Mondstadt today." The Calvary Captian notifies him, Diluc's eyes widen.

  "A Harbinger? In Mondstadt," Diluc questions trying to keep a monotone voice. "That's surprising. I assumed they would leave Mondstat alone after La Signora took the bard's gnosis. Do you know which one arrived here?"

  "That's what I thought too. Apparently, they have some more business here," Kaeya answers. "Now, I don't know what else they need here, that is what I'm trying to find out currently. I'm assuming they want something else from Venti, but I'm not certain. I also haven't found out with Harbinger it is."

  Diluc sighs: "Ah, alright. I'll try taking matters into my own hands if the Knights of Favoinus can't do their job right again. I'll try finding out which Harbinger arrived and I will make sure they are dead. I won't allow Mondstat to suffer more than it already has."

  "Oh, wow. How chivalrous," Kaeya jokes, taking a sip of wine. "I'm sure the Knights can handle this. You don't always need to take credit for everything, Diluc."

  Diluc grumbles, "Master Diluc, here are the wine glasses people have asked to be refilled," Charles says, wine glasses in hand. "Ah, Mister Kaeya, greetings."

  "Oh, Charles, thank you. Sorry for having the tavern packed today. I'm sure it's a burden, feel free to take the rest of the day off," Diluc replies, taking the wine glasses from Charles' hands. "Could you do me a quick favor, though? Could you tell the drunkards that we're closing?"

  "Oh, alright. Thank you, Master Diluc. I appreciate it. Have a good day, Master Diluc and Mister Kaeya." Charles replies, going to complete his mission. Diluc witnesses people starting to leave, Charles smiles and walks out of the tavern.

  "Now that he's out of the way," Diluc says. "I don't take credit for everything nor do I intend to. I simply get the task done because the Knights are useless."

  "How rude. We are not useless," Kaeya complains. "We get plenty done."

  "You only do the minimal amount of work required, that's not working hard enough. Amber, what has she done? Lisa? All she does is read and punish people if they don't return their books. Jean, she actually does work. Except, she can't get as much done as she should. She always ends up passing out due to lack of sleep." Diluc groans.

  "You simply have too high of expectations, that's all," Kaeya tells him. Diluc only rolls his eyes. "Mean. Anyways, feel free to do our work for us then. Let's make a bet."

  "Alright, fine. What's the bet?" Diluc questions, arms crossed.

  "If the Knights get the Harbinger situation solved, then I get free drinks for 1 month," Kaeya tells him.

  "If I get the situation solved, you're not allowed to buy any drinks for a month nor are you allowed to call me brother," Diluc says to him.

  "Hmph. Alright, fine. Deal," Kaeya sticks his hand out, Diluc shaking it. Kaeya takes a drink of his wine. "Aw, I'm all out. Well, better get going. See ya, Diluc." Kaeya waves and strolls out of the tavern, leaving Diluc alone with a bag of mora and a wine glass.

  Diluc exhalations, grabbing the glass to clean it. "Ah, so you're the famous Master Diluc." Diluc's eyes widen, him scanning side to side.

  "Who are you," Diluc inqires. "And, the tavern is closed, leave."

  A laugh comes from the stairs. "What a shame," Diluc clutches the glass, ready to attack. "Now, now, put the glass down. I'm not gonna kill you just yet. I only wish to talk, Master Diluc."

  "Get out. I'm not dealing with this bullshit right now. I have some business to do." Diluc growls, scowling at the staircase.

  "Oh? The Harbinger business I'm assuming." The voice answers, catching Diluc off-guard.

  "How did you know about that? Don't tell me Kaeya tells everyone he sleeps with everything," Diluc huffs. "Now, I want you to leave. I'm not dealing with you. I don't care about what you know about the Harbinger arriving, I just need some peace."

  "Aw, but I know the Harbinger who arrived is, my dear." Diluc hearing footsteps emerge from the staircase.

  "You do? Then, tell me," Diluc responds. "Now or else I'll smash this glass on your head." He walks out from behind the counter, glass in hand.

  "Firstly, I think that's mean. No hitting me with a glass--"

  "I don't care what you think." Diluc interrupts them, hearing a dramatic groan.

  "Don't interrupt me, my dear. Secondly," The voice pauses, more footsteps coming from the staircase. Light shines over the male. "I am. I am Tartaglia, 11th of the Fatui Harbingers. Code name: Childe. How are you today, Master Diluc?"

  Diluc's eyes furrow. "I'll kill you here and now, Fatui. I want you gone from this world, but first, why are you here?"

  Tartaglia chuckles. "I just want to fight someone. That's it. I'm also looking for recruits."

  "Huh, I assumed you wanted something more from Venti," Diluc says, raising the glass and throwing it towards Tartaglia. Tartaglia ducks down, the glass shattering the wall.

  "Wow, close one," The ginger laughs. "It would've been fun to catch it and throw it back, but too late." Tartaglia shrugs.

  "Fun? You're insane." Diluc mumbles.

  "I'm insane? Heard that one before," Tartaglia smiles. "Think of a new one. Ooo! Maybe call me sexy or some shit. Just compliment me!" He walks towards Diluc, their faces only centimeters apart. 

  "Call you sexy? Absolutely not. You're unappealing to the eye." Diluc says, a small smirk on his face. 

  "Unappealing? Wow, how rude, Master Diluc." Tartaglia sighs, shaking his head and placing a hand on his hip. 

  "Even if you were appealing, I still wouldn't go as far as to call you sexy," Diluc replies. "Now, why are you even here? Answer me."

  Tartaglia laughs: "Like I said, my dear, I'm looking for a fight," Tartaglia pauses. "And I would like to fight you." 

  Diluc looks at the Harbinger. "Fight me? Hmph," Diluc ponders for a moment. "No."

  "Haah," Tartaglia looks at him shocked. "Why?"

  "The answer is simple," Diluc starts. "I'm not going to give you what you want until you leave Mondstadt ."

  "What about when I leave Mondstadt?" Tartaglia asks. 

  "I'm still not giving you anything you want. Deal with it and get out." Diluc points towards the door, Tartaglia laughing. 

   "Haha! Never. Not until I get a fight with you." Tartaglia grabs Diluc's waist, pulling him closer. 

  "Let go of me," Diluc mumbles, slapping Tartaglia in the face. "I will never give you what you want, even if I have the opportunity to kill you."

  Tartaglia keeps a firm grip on the redhead's waist, ignoring the pain in his cheek. He licks Diluc's cheek, Diluc cringing. "Ew, that's disgusting. Stop it, Fatui."  

   The ginger smiles, "Not until you fight me,"  He licks Diluc's cheek again, earning a sucker punch to the mouth. "Ow! That really hurt." He whines. 

    "I'll do it again. Now, let go of me." Diluc scowls, punching Tartaglia again in the mouth. 

    "Ahaha! Wow, feisty, I like it," Tartaglia replies. Diluc strikes him again, blood dribbling from his nose. "This is kinda like fighting, nice." Tartaglia pushes Diluc onto the counter, pining the redhead's arms over his head. 

  "Let go of me for the last goddamn time. I will kill you here and now." Diluc grumbles, kneeing Tartaglia's crotch. 

  "Ow! Meanie," Tartaglia raises Diluc's legs, Diluc punching Tartaglia again, for his hands were free now. "Oh, you little shit." Tartaglia punches Diluc back, the redhead's blood dripping down into the small gaps between his fingers. 

  Diluc rubs his nose, lifting his leg to kick Tartaglia's stomach. "Get out and rot on the streets." Tartaglia stumbles back, allowing Diluc to stand up and punch the Harbinger again. 

  "I'd rather rot in your arms, dear." Tartaglia laughs, kicking Diluc's knee, making Diluc fall. 

  "Shut up, Fatui," Diluc stands up and punches Tartaglia in the mouth, busting the ginger's lip. "And don't call me that." He kicks Tartaglia's stomach, Tartaglia falling to the floor. 

  Diluc steps on the Harbinger's face, digging his heel into Tartaglia's cheek. "Owie! Fine! You win, now stop it!" Tartaglia whines.

  Diluc sighs and gets off of the whining male. Tartaglia stands up and wipes the dust off his pants. "That was a good little fight there, thank you, dear," Tartaglia kisses Diluc's cheek. "I'll be off now. Toodaloo~!"

  Tartaglia walks out of Angels' Share, leaving Diluc alone once more. The redhead groans, walking over to the shattered wine glass to clean the mess. He picks up the shards. "Damn, so that's the 11th Harbinger, huh?" 

  Diluc takes the broken glass shards to the trashcan and dumps them in the bin. He goes to get a tissue for his bloody nose. "I wonder if I'll see him again. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe," Diluc shakes his head. "What the hell am I saying? I hope he dies. I hope he leaves Mondstadt for Barbatos' sake." 

  Diluc glances up. "Goddamn it. Help me here, Venti; and please stay safe. I don't know what the Fatui are doing here, but stay safe. Please, for my sake and Mondstadt’s."

Chapter 2: Your Lips on Mine

Chapter Text

  Tartaglia sighed as Signora held a tissue to his lip. “I thought you practically hated me. Why are taking care of my injuries? I can handle it myself, you know?” He states, earning a sigh from the female Harbinger.

  “I just— How do I say this,” Signora pauses as she grabs another tissue for Tartaglia’s nose. “I have been thinking. Maybe the two of us could have a fresh start.”

  “Huh? What do you mean?” Tartaglia asks, looking down. 

  “I mean, maybe we could try being friends,” She tells him, throwing away another bloody tissue. “I understand I can be — cold, but I thought we could try. Now, I will not lie, you do annoy me. 
“You go off wandering, trying to fight some random person, not following orders sometimes. You get the idea.”

  Tartaglia hums. “Fine, I understand where you’re coming from. I guess we could try.” Tartaglia’s eyes widen as he sees Signora smile lightly. 

  “Ah, wonderful. I’m glad to know that,” She says. “Well, bleeding has stopped. Now, who did you fight with to get so torn up.” She lightly rubs the red spot on Tartaglia’s cheek. 

  “Oh, I was fighting Diluc.” He replies eagerly. 

  “Diluc? Oh, the owner of the Dawn Winery,” The female Harbinger states. “I’ve heard of him before. He’s had some business with the Abyss Order and us.” 

  Tartaglia nods. “Mhm. He’s a big threat to us.  I want to try and convince him to join the Fatui. He could be a mole, giving us information about Mondstadt and the Knights of Favonius.” Tartaglia says. 

  Signora throws away the last bloody tissue. “Yes, that’s a brilliant idea. Although, he hates the Fatui, so trying to convince him will be a struggle.” 

  “Agreed. I’m trying to find a way to approach him,” Tartaglia responds. “Without getting my dick kneed.” The ginger laughs quietly. 

  “Wow. It seems he really hates you.” Signora laughs, Tartaglia whining. 

  “He probably hates you more!” Tartaglia gasps, crossing his arms. 

  “Bahaha! At least, I didn’t get a knee to the balls! Aha!” Signora laughs, holding her stomach.

  “That’s because you’re a girl! I’m sure if he saw you, he would chop your boobs off!” Tartaglia cries, pointing to the female.

  “As if! I’m just a damsel in distress. There’s no way he would do anything like that to me, The Fair Lady!” Signora grins.

  “Damsel in distress my ass,” Tartaglia mocks, a laugh emitting from his mouth. “I’m sure he would slap you without a second thought. Take it from me. I threw a glass at me when I only said ‘How are you?’.”  

  “Oh wow. Haha! Damn, he really does hate you,” Signora responds with a laugh. “Well, when are you going to ask Diluc to join the Fatui?”

  “Probably tomorrow morning.” Tartaglia replies. 

  “Huh, I suppose that sounds reasonable.” 


  “Mm, T-Tartaglia,” Diluc mumbles, squirming under the Harbingers touch. Fingers linger in the ginger’s hair. “Please...”

  Tartaglia nibbles on the redhead’s earlobe, his hands gripping Diluc’s waist. Diluc lets out a quiet moan. “What is it, baby?”

  “Ngh-! Tartaglia.” Diluc wraps his legs around Tartaglia’s waist, bucking his hips lightly. Diluc whines, trying to find friction. 

  “Use your words, baby. I can’t read minds.” Tartaglia whispers, grinding against Diluc.

  “Y-you know what I want. Please, Tartaglia.” Diluc cries, his hands moving to Tartaglia’s shirt. The redhead tries to take off the ginger’s shirt, but Tartaglia gently grabs Diluc’s hands. 

  “No. You’re not allowed to touch any part of me until you tell me what you want, baby.” Tartaglia teases, Diluc groaning. 

  “Tartaglia, please! Please f—“

  
  Diluc sat up, sweating and breathing heavily. He groaned as he covered his face with his hands. “Ugh. What the hell, Diluc?” He asks himself. 

  Diluc stretches his arms, hazily leaving his bed. He unbuttons his night-shirt, throwing it in a hamper. He walks to his closet to grab a black button-down shirt. 

  A knock comes from his door. “Who is it?” He asks, putting on a shirt. He tightens his tie and grabs a white sleeveless tuxedo shirt, sliding it on. 

  “Good morning, Master Diluc,” Adelinde says.  “Someone is here to see you.” 

  “Ah, good morning, Adelinde,” Diluc replies. “Where are they?”  

  “At your door beside me, Master Diluc.” She answers, a nervous tone present in her voice.

  “Hm. Let them in.” Diluc tells her, grabbing a ponytail holder and places it in between his lips. He gently holds his hair in his hands, raising his hair in a high ponytail like-style. 

  The door opens. “Greetings, Master Diluc,” Diluc can practically sense the grin that a the male had on. “Pleasant morning, isn’t it?”

  Diluc glares darkly at the male. He holds his hair with one hand and grabs the ponytail holder in his mouth with the other. “What are you doing here, Fatui?” 

  “Don’t look at me like that, Master Diluc,” Tartaglia laughs. “Oh? You need some help?” He points to Diluc’s hair. 

  “No. I would never need help from you,” Diluc states, toxicity in his voice. He drops the ponytail holder and releases his hair from his hands. “What the? Is that a—?”

  “Yep. It’s the ameno archon’s gnosis.” Tartaglia laughs, bouncing the gnosis in his hand. 

  “How did you get it? I thought Signora took it.” Diluc inquiries. 

  “Yeah, she trusted me with it apparently. She said it was too ugly for her to carry around,” Tartaglia says. Diluc attempts to put his hair into a ponytail once more. “Keep your hair down. You look better without your hair up.”

  “Stop trying to flatter me, Fatui.” Diluc replies, putting his hair up anyways. 

  “Meanie,” Tartaglia mumbles. “Anyways, I would like to speak with you, Master Diluc.” Tartaglia tells him, closing the bedroom door. 

  “Fine, what is it you need to speak about? Answer me now. That sooner we get this conversation finished, the sooner I don’t have to look at your disgusting face.” Diluc states, crossing his arms. 

  “Uh-! My face is like an angel’s! I’m not disgusting,” Tartaglia retorts. “At least I don’t have a baby face!” 

  Diluc stares daggers at Tartaglia. “Shut your ass up.”

  “Strike a nerve, did I?” Tartaglia chuckles, walking closer to the redhead. 

  “Don’t get any closer or else I’ll make sure your nose is broken.” Diluc growls, summoning his claymore. 

  “Woah! Hey, hey, hey, Master Diluc. Put the weapon away!” Tartaglia says, placing a hand on the claymore.

  “Get your hand off my claymore or I’ll chop your goddamn hand off, Fatui.” Diluc scowls. 

  “Hey! I’ll gladly kill you here and now.” Tartaglia states, summoning his bow. Diluc’s eyebrows furrow as he raised the claymore, digging the blade into Tartaglia’s stomach. 

  “I’ll kill you fi—!” Diluc was interrupted by the only thing that Diluc never thought it would happen... 

Chapter 3: Blood on your Hands

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

   Diluc clutches his stomach, tears stinging the corners of his eyes. He looks down at the arrow sticking out of his stomach. Diluc’s eyes widen as he drops to the floor. “D-Damn you, Fatui.” He gasps, his claymore disappearing. The redhead coughs, blood splattering onto the floor. 

  Diluc follows his gaze to the bow Tartaglia throws across the room.

  Tartaglia laughs darkly, crouching down to Diluc’s line of vision; Tartaglia forcefully grabs Diluc’s jaw, making the redhead look at him. “Now, will you listen to— Oh?
“It seems you passed out, my bad,” Tartaglia breathes, lifting the redhead into his arms. “Hm... What about this mess? You’re all bloody, meh. I’ll leave the blood on the floor for the maids.” 

 Tartaglia places Diluc on his bed, wandering to the window. The ginger opens the window, sighing. Tartaglia lifts Diluc’s body, carrying him bridal-style, and jumps out of the window. He lands on his feet and looks at Diluc.

  “You hanging in there, my dear,” Tartaglia asks. “Oh wait, you’re passed out. You can’t answer me.
"Isn't there a place in Mondstadt where people can be healed? Eh, whatever," Tartaglia says. "I probably should get outta here." 

  Tartaglia looks side to side, before swiftly jogging to a small hill a few feet away from the Dawn Winery. He sits down behind the hill, making sure he won't be able to be spotted by someone.

  He places Diluc down beside him, then Tartaglia lifts his finger to a small, black chip residing in his external auditory canal. "Hello, Tartaglia speaking. Can La Signora hear my message?" 

  A reply is heard. "Hello, Tartaglia. This is La Signora speaking." Tartaglia lets out a sigh of relief. 

  "Hello, Signora. I have some news." Tartaglia responds. 

  "Good or bad?"

  "Both, I guess," Tartaglia says. "I have Diluc beside me, but he's passed out and covered in blood."

  "Goddamn it." 

  "Don't worry," Tartaglia states. The ginger places his hand on Diluc's breast, feeling the redhead's heartbeat against his chest. "He's alive." 

   He hears a sigh of relief. “Good. I’m pretty sure there’s someone in the Cathedral who can help heal him. Hurry up.” Signora orders. 

   “Signora, I can’t do that,” He responses. “I can’t carry one of Mondstadt’s most respected people, covered in blood. Especially as a Harbinger." Tartaglia says, a mocking tone lased with his voice. 

   "I suppose you're right. Bring him to Luke in Mondstadt, maybe he can help." Signora states. 

   Tartaglia hums in agreement. "Understood. Tartaglia out." 

   He drops his hand to his thigh, groaning. He looks at Diluc, who was still alive and breathing. He sighs and stands up, scooping Diluc into his hands. 

  He stares at the path. “Don’t worry, my love. I will find a way to heal you. Hang on.” He says as they head off to Mondstadt.

Notes:

It’s short, I’m sorry. I just wanted to get something out really fast. I’ll try to fix my updating schedule. See yall until then! Stay safe and drink some water! <3

Chapter 4: She’ll Accept You

Notes:

Please criticize anything you see that's wrong! I wanna know how to improve, so I can adjust my writing style to how you all like it! I'm sorry for the late updates, I've been fairly busy with school and the such. I'm deeply sorry. I'm trying to fix my updating schedule, so please bear with me right now, aha! I got kinda lazy near the end-- Thank you for reading this little note and I hope you enjoy!

Chapter Text

  It’s a long walk to Mondstadt; Tartaglia occasionally talking to Diluc, receiving no response in return. Tartaglia lazily plants a kiss to Diluc’s cheek and checks his heartbeat. “Almost there, Darling.” 

  He makes it to the entrance of Mondstadt, the one guards quietly gasping. The other points his spear at Tartaglia. “What happened to Master Diluc?”

  Tartaglia is quick to make up a believable lie. “I was wandering around Dadaupa Gorge, and saw Master Diluc attacking a Ruin Hunter and he got stabbed by it. He passed out and I ran to help him.”

  The guard raises an eyebrow. “I didn’t know any Ruin Hunters were in Dadaupa Gorge.”

  Tartaglia nervously laughs, gritting his teeth. "Yeah, well, neither did I. Now if you excuse me, I have to get Master Diluc healed." He passes by the guards before they can block his pathway. He trots to the Grand Goth Hotel where Luke is blocking the entrance. 

  "Master Childe, welcome," Luke states blandly, moving out of the way for Tartaglia to get through. Tartaglia nods and smiles, a silent 'thank you'. 

  When Tartaglia enters, Signora is sitting in a chair, quietly waiting for his arrival. He watches her as she struts toward the Harbinger. "So this is his condition, huh?" She gazes wearily at the wound on his stomach. "What a predicament."
   
   "I'm sor--!" Tartaglia feels the metallic taste of blood in his mouth, and the stinging pain resides in his lips. 

  Signora points towards the chair she was resting in. "Place him in that chair, for now, I guess." Tartaglia nods, achieving the task at hand. He gently places the tavern owner on the chair and touches his chest again to make sure Diluc was breathing; Tartaglia feels his chest rise slowly, the ginger sighs in relief. 

  "What do we do with him now," Signora ponders. Tartaglia sighs dreadfully, catching Signora's attention."Ugh, what?"

  "Just ask him to join the Fatui, dumbass. Your majesty will gladly accept him," Tartaglia says, crossing his arms; he's somewhat mocking Signora's posture. 

  "You're the dumbass. He'll reject instantly, you know about his hatred for the Fatui." Signora responds. 

  "Drugs," Tartaglia says, clicking his tongue. Signore raises an eyebrow. "We drug him, make it so he'll follow our every demand. Smart? I know, thank you." 

  "And where do you intend to acquire said drug?" She sighs. 

  Tartaglia randomly pulls one from his back pocket. "I had Dottore make one for me a few weeks ago," He throws the drug in the air and catches it. "Although, I don't know if it works. Diluc can be the guinea pig." He smirks. 

  Signora groans silently. "I'm-- Gah, fine. Whatever," She mumbles. "How long does this drug lasts?" 

  Tartaglia laughs tensely. "Dottore said he doesn't know, but probably not for a long period of time. I have a plan, though. Once the drug is activated, we make him join and swear to the Tsarista that he'll serve her forever. Once the drug wears off, he'll be in the Fatui and can't leave unless he wishes to die." 

  Signora hums. "Finally, you've made a smart idea. What a surprise." 

 "I always come up with smart ideas, thank you very much!" Tartaglia huffs. 

 "Yuh-huh. Anyways, look, he's waking up. Drug him now." 

 Tartaglia nods and approaches the awaking redhead. "Hey, darlin'. You've been asleep for a bit, aha! How are you feeling?" Tartaglia says, a small smirk on his face.

 "F-Fatui Scum, what do you want," Diluc mumbles, his words as sharp as knives. Tartaglia says nothing as he shoves the drug into Diluc's mouth. The redhead makes a muffled sound, Tartaglia laughs as he forces the drug down Diluc's throat. The redhead pushes the Harbinger away, covering his mouth. "What did you -- ngh -- make me swallow, you scum." He feels hot like he has a fever of some sort. 

 "No need to call me scum, Darling," Tartaglia whispers. He grasps Diluc's jaw. "Hopefully the drugs will work. If not, we'll leave you be." 

 "Drug--! You damn, bitch!" 

 Tartaglia simply laughs, licking his lips. "What a fine guinea pig you are." 

Chapter 5: How Does it Affect You?

Chapter Text

 

 

TW: BLOOD AND PUKE

IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS, I SUGGEST YOU CLICK OUT OF THIS CHAPTER. 


 Tartaglia grimaced as Diluc stood up and punched him in the nose. He let out a flat chuckle. "You really wanna fight again," He taunted, eyes going dark. "Very well then, I'm ready to beat your ass this time." He licked his lips, punched Diluc back. Diluc winced at the sudden contact. Diluc summoned his claymore, fire grazing the tip. Tartaglia smiled, summoning his water blades with another laugh. 

  "How sickening that fighting gets you riled up. It's insane. No wonder everyone hates you," Diluc grumbles, lunging forward with his blade. As Diluc lunged forward, a circle of flames engulfed the pair. Tartaglia slashed his way through the wall of fire with his watery blades. 

  Water and fire, a non-compatible pair; vaporizing and killing each other before the battle of dominance even began. The sound of blades making contact filled the room. The two honestly forgot that they weren't alone, in fact, Diluc nearly be-headed Signora as he and Tartaglia fought. The blonde lady simply watched in amusement and crossed her arms, a smirk growing on her face as she watched the two males try and kill each other. 

  Diluc's blade nearly stabbed Tartaglia's stomach, Tartaglia gasped inaudibly as he bounced back. Tartaglia tossed away his hydro blades, and his bow suddenly appeared in his hands -- like magic. He grabbed a fistful of arrows and threw them near Diluc's stomach, Diluc simply scoffed and slammed down the arrows with his fire-tinted claymore. "You really think you can beat me with that bow of yours? How pathetic." 

  Tartaglia noticed the dangerous and psychotic aura the redhead gave off that wasn't present in their previous battle. "Hey, darling, what's gotten into you," He muttered, grunting as he stepped back when Diluc slammed his claymore in front of him. "I don't like thi--! Gah!" 

  Diluc grimaced. "Suck it up," He drove his blade through Tartaglia's abdomen, the sound of flesh ripping apart made the ginger cringe. "Don't try to make me pity you, Scum. This is your fault." 

  The ginger's eyes burned with tears, puke threatening to spill. He gripped his stomach, the pain spreading throughout his body. "Damn you," He bit his lip in annoyance and fell to the ground. 
  
  Signora shot Diluc's thigh with an ice shard, careful to avoid shooting an artery. Diluc grunted, clutching his thigh, and dropped his claymore.  "Tartaglia, are you okay?"

  Tartaglia groaned out, his stomach acid stinging his throat as it flooded out of his mouth. Tears rolling down his face, blood flowing out of his stomach, growing drowsy. "Do I l-look okay to you? Gah! S-shit! That h-hurt." 
    
    Signora sighed as she strutted towards the aching male. The redhead having to bite his tongue or else he would've yelled out profanities towards her. She leaned towards Tartaglia's ear. "He double-crossed you, didn't he? Dotorre knew exactly what he gave you," She whispered quieter this time. "You're lucky that you are a vital part of this plan or else I would've let Diluc gut you like a pig." She glared at Diluc, using more cyro to freeze his feet. 

  Dotorre knew that he gave me the wrong drug, what a damn asshole. I knew he wouldn't give me what I wanted. 

  Tartaglia's eyes furrowed in anger; they were using him like a toy, a doll in their game, he knew that as well as Dotorre and Signora did. He was a cat's-paw, a doll for this plan, a plan he came up with. It made his blood boil. Signora looked at Tartaglia in disgust, his hand laying in a pile of blood and stomach acid. "I don't know when the drug wears off, but it seems the more he fights, the more powerful and the more his lust for blood increases."

  Tartaglia murmured. "W-will he be kept anywhere while the d-drug is in effect?" His throat burned with every word he spoke. He tried sitting up, his free hand splashing around in his bodily fluids.  as he struggled to get a firm grip on the ground. 

  The female Harbinger breathed. "Yes, he will stay in the prison underground. That should keep him restrained while the drug is in effect." Signora answered. 

  Tartaglia nodded in understanding. "Can you at least get someone to -- gh -- help me?" He asked. 

  She stared at the ginger and sighed. "Fine. Stay there," She mumbled something only loud enough in which only Tartaglia could hear. "Stick with the plan or else I'll be the one to gut you like a pig and I'll feed your remains to the hounds."

 

Chapter 6: It was my fault.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

TW: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES DEATH. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS, I SUGGEST YOU CLICK OUT OF THIS CHAPTER .

Thank you. 


 

  Scaramouche grimaced. “Why did you stop fighting, bastard,” He grabbed Tartaglia’s jaw in frustration. Tartaglia looked away from the shorter male, staying silent. Scaramouche slapped him. “Tartaglia! Answer me! Don’t you dare ignore me!” He snarled. 

  The ginger still stayed silent, his hands clenched into fists. He huffed. “I don’t have to tell you anything.”

  “Tell me why you stopped fighting or else I’ll make sure you bleed to death this time,” Scaramouche said. “You’re lucky that Signora somewhat likes you and got someone to heal you. If she didn’t, who knows what could’ve happened to you. I don’t really care what would’ve happened to you, I just want you dead.”

  Tartaglia stood up from his seat and walked away from the other harbinger. “Leave me the fuck alone, Scumbag.” 

  Scaramouche ran after Tartaglia. “Hey! Don’t you walk off—! Gah! You bitch.” 

  Tartaglia twirled around and punched Scaramouche. “As I said, leave me alone. I have some business to attend to.”

  Scaramouche watched as the ginger walked off and held a hand to his now bloody lip. “I’ll make sure you really fucking regret that, Tartaglia.”


  “Teucer! How are you, buddy?” Tartaglia laughed, hugging his little brother tight. 

  “Aha! Brother, you’re squeezing me! Aha,” Teucer snickered, wriggling to try and get out of his brother’s grasp. “Ee! Let goo! I’m gonna die! Aha!”

  The ginger picked up his younger brother, twirling around with him in his arms. “Never! I missed you so much! I will never let go,” Tartaglia stated, eventually letting go of Teucer. “So, how’s Father and everyone else been? You been behaving?”

  Teucer nodded. “Mhm! Mhm! Everyone’s been great! I told them that you made me a little Mr. Cyclops toy! Sister Tonia said that you’re really good at making toys! Ehe!” 

  Tartaglia smiled. "That's good! So, do you wanna go to Wanmin restaurant? I heard they have something new on the menu." He requested. 

  The younger one shook his head. "Nope. I don't like the way they cook food, it's not like home!" He said with a frown. Tartaglia laughed nervously.

  "Hm... Then, where do you wanna go?" The older male inquired, watching as his little brother's eyes sparkled with mischief. 

  "Can we go to the place with all the Mr. Cyclopses? I wanna see them again! Ehehehe!" Teucer replied, jumping up and down in happiness. Tartaglia pondered for a bit before reluctantly nodding in agreement. 

  "Yeah, sure, but remember that it's dangerous there. Don't go wandering off, you could get hurt!" The 'toymaker' told his younger brother with a somewhat stern tone. Teucer simply smiled and nodded chaotically.


  Dottore watched as Scaramouche fumbled with the ancient mechanisms. "So, Tartaglia and his brother are coming here, right?" Dottore inquired, crossing his arms. He simply watched, not even trying to help Scaramouche with whatever insane plan he was conducting this time. 

  Scaramouche scowled and stared at Dottore. "Yeah, I heard that scum was talking to his brother and his brother wanted to come to see the ruin guards. He called them 'Mr. Cyclopses'. How stupid." He messed with the hook that held up the ruin. 

  "What are you even trying to do exactly?" Dotorre asked. 

  "Whenever Tartaglia stands underneath these, hopefully, it'll fall on top of him." The smaller replied. 

  Dottore sighed. "He's a huge factor in this plan, you know. The Tsarista will be pissed." 

  "Yeah, yeah. Well, if we're trying to get what's-his-name to join the Fatui, she'll have someone to replace that bitch." Scaramouche scowled. 

  Dottore walked off. "Whatever." Scaramouche frowned and rolled his eyes. Scaramouche wiped his forehead clean of sweat when he was finally finished with his task. 

  He heard Tartaglia call out Teucer's name. "Ah, just in time." Scaramouche grinned and started the machine. 

  The ruin guard was lifted and the hook pushed it to the center of the room, almost directly above where Tartaglia was standing. Scaramouche wore a sadistic smirk on his face when he watched a ginger wander under the ruin guard. Scaramouche laughed when he pressed the button to release the ruin guard to fall on top of the ginger.

  The ruin fell, a loud 'thud' echoed throughout the room. Scaramouche smiled and mumbled: "Finally, he's dead." Scaramouche heard a sob come from below. Probably his brother.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Tartaglia ran towards Teucer, who stood underneath the hanging ruin. "Look! Mr. Cyclops can also float! He's so cool! Right, Brother," Teucer giggled. The younger looked up at the ruin when he heard a crane of some sort creak. "Huh? Is Mr. Cyclops making that creaking noise?" 

  Tartaglia's eyes widen with fear. "Teucer! Look out! Move! Run, please!" Tartaglia yelled. 

  "Huh--"   

 

 

 

  "Teucer! No!" Scaramouche looked down when he heard the scream. 

  "What the hell? That wasn't Tartaglia," Scaramouche mumbled. "Shit." He bit his lip and ran. 


  Tartaglia looked at the ruin guard that crushed his brother, little splatters of blood surrounded the ruin. He was frozen, it all happened so fast, he didn't know how to process the situation. The last thing he remembered was hearing the crane move and his brother standing under a ruin that was being held up in the air. He fell to the ground, grunting in pain because of the injury on his stomach.  

  Tartaglia sobbed and put his head to the ruin near his brother. "Teucer, I'm so sorry. I couldn't save you in time," He felt hot tears clouding his vision, "Why, Teucer...? "W-Why d-did you h-have to leave me?!" Tears flooded down his face, dripping onto the floor. He covered his head with his hands, allowing his tears to seam out of his eyes.

 His chest hurt, the feeling of agony, sadness, guilt, anger -  it was all so unbearable. He felt like she was going to die from the emotion he was feeling. It was a complicated emotion he couldn't explain. 

 His sobs echoed the empty room - leaving him with nobody to comfort him, nobody who cared for him. His heart hurt, his head felt like someone was smashing it open, his eyes burned from the tears, his nose hurt from sniffling too much, and his knuckles were turning white from how hard he was clutching his head. 

 He screamed, all his emotions flowing into it. The agony he felt from what just occurred, the guilt he felt from not being able to run towards his brother and not being able to push out of the way, the anger he felt from it not being him who died. It should've been him, him, not Teucer. 

  Not Teucer. 

  Never Teucer. 

  What happened? 

  He did. 

  He allowed this to happen. 

  He said yes to coming to this place. 

  It was his fault. 

  No matter which way you looked at it, it was his fault. 

  Nobody from him allowed this to happen. 

  It wasn't the ruin that killed his younger brother, it was him. 

  Him.

  Nobody else.

  It was his fault. 

  His fault. 

  Tartaglia killed his brother. 

  It was him. 

  Him. 

  Teucer was now dead because he allowed it to. 

  Teucer is never coming back. 

  Teucer is gone. 

  Teucer is dead. 

  And it's his fault. 

Chapter 7: Dear Brother.

Notes:

Hiya! Chapter 7 is here! Don't worry, there's not a ton of angst in this chapter! I wanted to take a small little break from all the sadness after previous events, you know. I hope you enjoy chapter 7!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

  "Diluc, I would like to ask you something," Signora said, standing outside his cell. Diluc stared at the blonde, his lips stayed still. She sighed. "C'mon, just talk. You won't get anywhere if you're staying silent."

  The redhead looked off to the side. "Ugh, fine. What do you want," He asked. "Don't expect too many answers out of me because I won't be giving you any; I would never say too much to a Fatui member, especially a Harbinger." 

 Signora sighed and crossed her arms. "Okay, whatever. The question I would like to ask you is: for the people you cared for, would you sacrifice your free will to another god who you don't worship?" 

 Diluc's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean by that, Fatui?"

"Per se, someone you loved was close to dying, would you," She pointed to Diluc. "Give up your faith in your god, give up your free will to another god, lose everything you have for Mondstadt, so someone you loved would be alive?" 

 Diluc bit his lip harshly, but not hard enough to draw blood. What type of question was that? Give up your faith in your god... Her words repeated in his head, and he rose from the bed he was sitting on. He walked towards the female and spoke in a venomous tone: "So, you're telling me, if someone I loved was about to die, I would have to give every part of my being to them, so the person I loved wouldn't die.
"What type of joke is that? Is that the new way of the Tsarista to get people to join the Fatui? If you're asking me to join said group, then my answer is no." 

 Signora smiled. "Of course you'd say that. Let me show you an example," She clapped her hands, two Fatui members rushing towards each side of her. "Get 'Special Mondstadt Subject Number 1'."

 Diluc grimaced. "What? What do you mean 'Special Mondstadt Subject'?"

 Signora laughed and looked to her right. She smirked and said: "There he is," The two Fatui members held a short male in their arms, the male kicking and attempting to get out of their clutch. 

 Diluc gulped and stretched his arm out from through the cell bars. "Bard," He shouted and turned to the Harbinger. "Let him go!"

 Signora walked up to Barbatos, grabbing his jaw. "Look at you now, Barbatos. All weak and feeble, how disgusting and disgraceful to the archons." She mocked and slapped Barbatos across the face. 

 Diluc started to kick the cell bars, hoping to somehow break free from the prison. "How dare you say that to him! You're a disgusting disgrace too! You're a useless, selfish bitch!" Diluc snapped; Signora walked to Diluc and slapped him as well. 

 "Don't talk to me that way, you bastard," Signora held Diluc's jaw, and she glanced at the Fatui members, who were currently holding Barbatos. "Take him back to the lab. I'll be in there in a moment."

  The two Fatui members nodded and carried away the struggling archon. Diluc watched in anger and worry. Tears poured down his face, as his archon was dragged away. He watched the archon turn his head to look at the redhead. "Diluc! Please, keep living! You'll make it through this! I promise!" 

 Those were the last words Diluc understood before Barbatos's voice ceased. Diluc stared back at Signora. "You psycho..." 

 Signora frowned and pushed him to the ground as she walked away, she said: "Maybe I am one." 


 Kaeya paced back and forth in Albedo's room. "He's been gone for about 3 days now. What happened to him?" Kaeya mumbled and looked at the alchemist. 

 Albedo sighed and walked to his boyfriend, placing a hand on Kaeya's shoulder, and gave a reassuring smile. "I'm sure he's okay, Kaeya. He's powerful, you know? If Master Diluc had gotten into any severe trouble, I assure you, he made it out alive. It'll be okay."

 Kaeya smiled and kissed Albedo, Albedo happily accepting the kiss. "Thank you, baby. I appreciate it." Kaeya told him. 

 "You're welcome. If it makes you feel any better," He walked to his desk and rumbled around in one of the drawers. He pulled out a small file. "We can try and find where he is."

 Kaeya raised an eyebrow and pointed to the file. "Huh? What's that?"

 Albedo blushed a little and said: "Well, I make assessments about everyone I meet, and I write the assessments in separate files. This is Master Diluc's file. Because I for one, don't know him personally, my assessments aren't too accurate.
"Despite that, I've tried, and I think I believe I know where he could be."

 Kaeya smiled desperately. "Seriously? Please, tell me, Albedo!" 

 Albedo mumbled. "The Goth Grand Hotel."

 "Huh? How?" Kaeya asked. 

 "Well, some Fatui members stay there, and based on the fact that there's been a Harbinger appear recently and because Master Diluc tends to chase after the Fatui; Diluc possibly could've made his way into the Hotel and gotten captured. I know that this is a bit of a stretch, but I think this is one of our only options that he could be gone. If he was captured by the Fatui, that explains why he's been gone for so long." Albedo explained. 

 Kaeya put his hand under his lower lip and considered Albedo's hypothesis for a bit. "I think that you could be right, baby. It seems like the only logical explanation so far." 

 Albedo nodded. "I suppose, but I have another question: how will we get him back?"

 "Damn, you're right. How will we," He sighed and flopped into Albedo's chair. "Mm... Baby, c'mere. I need your cuddles to think.'' The Calvary Captian reached his arms out towards Albedo, the latter chuckled and sat in Kaeya's lap. 

 Kaeya wrapped his arms around Albedo's waist, holding him tight. Albedo sighed delightfully when Kaeya's hands moved up to his hair to comb it with his hands. Albedo tucked his head in the crook of Kaeya's neck, leaving a light kiss to the spot. "I'm sleepy." Albedo yawned. 

 Kaeya smiled, scooting the chair closer to the desk; he grabbed Diluc's file and searched through it. "If you're tired get some rest, baby." Kaeya hushed and kissed the top of his head. 

 Albedo looked up at Kaeya. "Get some sleep too, Kaeya. We can do some investigating tomorrow, okay?" 

 Kaeya sighed, placing down Diluc's file and standing up; Albedo holding onto the taller male like a koala. Kaeya wrapped his arms around him again and carried him to their bed. Albedo lay down, Kaeya following. Albedo lifted the blanket onto both of them, and Kaeya snuggled Albedo as if it were his last days on earth. "Eek! Kaeya! You're squeezing me!" 

 Kaeya laughed, hugging his boyfriend a little less tight now. "Sorry, baby, you're just so cute. I couldn't help myself!" 

 Albedo blushed and turned away from Kaeya, his back facing the Calvary Captian. "Shut up, Kaeyaaaa!" Albedo playfully said. 

 Kaeya frowned and spooned Albedo. "I'm sorry. I won't hug you that hard again." 

 Albedo smiled and faced his boyfriend again. "Good, good. Now," Albedo closed his eyes and allowed himself to get comfortable in the bed and Kaeya's hold. "Let's get some sleep."

 Kaeya kissed Albedo and closed his eyes too. "Yeah, agreed. Good night, baby, I love you." 

 Albedo replied: "I love you too." 


 Tartaglia continued to stare in disbelief at the ruin. How did it happen, though? How did the ruin fall? That was the question circling his head currently. The ginger sighed and lazily stood up, trying to wipe away as many tears as possible. He still stared at his deceased brother. He smiled softly. "I love you, Teucer. I wish that we could've seen the whole family together before you died," His chest started to tighten.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Teucer. I love you so much. Rest well, dear brother." 

Notes:

okay-- ALBEBO AND KAEYA HAVE ENTERED THE RING :D yw yw for the sweet lil fluff part eheeehehehheheehe -------- i had to add some more grief. I'm sorrryryyrgvjhfgbyufgfubebfuygbu LOVE U ALL! <3 STAY SAFE AND DRINK SOME WATEERRR

Chapter 8: Investigation

Notes:

HEYO! I HOPE U ENJOY! REMEMBER TO DRINK SOME WATER AND STAY SAFE! NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON MAY 14TH!

Chapter Text

 Albedo sighed, flipping through pages of a book he found in the library. As he heard Kaeya's footsteps behind him, Albedo looked behind him. Kaeya asked him: "What are you reading, Albedo?" 

 The alchemist flipped another page. He said: "I came across a book that gives some details about the Goth Grand Hotel. Now, the information in this book isn't the most helpful, but right now, it's the best we got." 

 Kaeya nodded in understanding. "Here, I'll look around and try to find some more about the Hotel. I'll try to be of some use in this investigation." Kaeya said, kissed Albedo's cheek, and wandered off into the library. 

 Albedo quietly mumbled what he read out loud, his finger leading his eyes from under the words in the book. "Guarded by Fatui member, Luke. Nobody is allowed in unless they are a member of the Fatui," He continued to read. He groaned. "I already know everything that this says," His eyes widened. "It is believed that La Signora was seen going into the Goth Grand Hotel... 
"So, that must mean that Master Diluc could be there, just like I thought." 

 Kaeya walked over to Albedo again, his hands empty. "Sorry, baby, but I couldn't find anything."

 "It's okay, but I've found something. Look here," He pointed to a paragraph. "Someone has seen La Signora enter the Hotel, yet never seen her leave. That means that she could still be in Mondstadt."

 "Because of the appearance of another Harbinger arriving in Mondstadt, they could be planning something," Kaeya sighed. "But if they are, what is it they're planning?" 

 Albedo gasped. "Kaeya, if Master Diluc went missing about a day after the Harbinger's arrival, maybe they're planning to ask him to join the Fatui." 

 "If they are, then, they're out of luck. Diluc would never join the Fatui, even if it cost him his life," Kaeya replied. 

 Albedo nodded. "Yeah, but what if they have a way that could make Master Diluc consider joining the Fatui?" 

 "Like what?"

 "I... I don't know, but the Fatui is known for going to extreme lengths and doing psychotic things to achieve their goal. What makes you think that they won't do something insane to make Master Diluc consider joining?" Albedo responded. 

 "No, I understand that, but Diluc doesn't have anything that affects him," Kaeya paused. He's very, very secretive; he wouldn't break out of character for a moment. It doesn't matter what the Fatui do."

 "You're right, but let's hold on to that idea for the meantime. Who knows what could happen?" Albedo said. 

 "You know what, baby, I think I may know who to ask for details about Diluc's absence."


 The couple stood outside a tall building; Albedo leaned to Kaeya and said: "You sure he's here?"

 Kaeya smiled. "Yes, yes, of course. Venti's always here," He replied and began to walk to the door. "C'mon, let's go." 

 Albedo opened the door and peeked inside. "Huh, seems like nobody's here," Albedo looked at Kaeya. "Should we enter anyways?"

 Kaeya nodded. "Yeah," The Calvary Captian pushed open the door and called out: "Venti, you there?"

 Albedo started to call out Venti's name and walked around the building. He eventually found himself in an empty room, he couldn't see anything and he tried searching for the light. Stepping in something, he grunted. "Huh," He looked down. "Oh my god, Kaeya, come quick!" 

 "What is it," Kaya said, turning on the light. He covered his mouth, trying to hold back puke. "Oh no, what the hell happened here?" 

 The room was destroyed, arrows stabbed into the wallpaper, blood splattered on the floor and walls, one Fatui agent lying on the floor and drenched in blood, and a signature hat with a white Cecila now colored red lay on the floor. 

 The alchemist stepped to the hat and picked it up, then he turned his attention to the deceased Fatui agent. "The Fatui took him," Albedo stared at his boyfriend. "Was Venti close to Master Diluc in any way?"

 Kaeya nodded. "Yeah, the two of them often hung out. I saw Diluc bring Venti up into the third floor of the tavern when he was passed out from drinking so much. They were pretty close, I don't know if they were dating, but aside from that, their friendship was very close." 

 "With that knowledge in hand, I think I know how they could convince Master Diluc into joining." Albedo stated. 

 "Don't tell me," 

 "What if they captured Venti, threatened to kill him, and that way, they force Master Diluc to join the Fatui." Albedo pondered.

 Kaeya's breath hitched. "Oh no, what if they..." 

 Albedo raised an eyebrow. "Huh? What's wrong?" 

 "They already took his gnosis. The Tsarista is a cold-hearted archon, who knows what else she wants from him." Kaeya mumbled, covering his mouth with his hand. 

 Albedo visibly gulped. "Then, we better get them both back quick. No matter what." Kaeya nodded in approval and took a hold of Albedo's hand.  

 "Well then, let's go get them back. We don't have all the time in the world." 


  "Leave! You are not part of the Fa-! Gah!" Luke groaned and coughed up blood when Kaeya stabbed him with his blade. Kaeya kicked the other to the ground, Luke's back slamming against the door. Kaeya covered Luke's mouth and held his sword to the Fatui member's throat. 

 It was pitch black, so nobody could see Kaeya harming Luke. 

 "Let us in and tell nobody how you were injured or else I'll chop your head off," Kaeya threatened, staring dead into Luke's fearful eyes. Luke nodded chaotically in understanding. "Good." 

 Kaeya released his hold on the male, both of them standing up. Luke unlocked the door and whispered a 'Go in.' under his breath. Kaeya held Albedo's hand as they entered. 

 When they walked in, they were met with a devoid room with blood spatters and a pile of arrows on the floor. "Oh yeesh, what happened here," Kaeya murmured. "Shit! I hear someone coming. Get behind there." Kaeya pointed to a segment of the room that was filled with chairs. 

 The pair ducked behind the chairs as a group of people walked into the room, hearing chains clank. "Ah, Master Diluc, how have you been?" Someone asked in a playful tone. Kaeya's eyebrows furrowed in irritation. 

 "Shut up, Fatui Scum. My well-being is something I will not allow you to acknowledge." Someone who sounded like Diluc snapped. 

 "Aw, don't be like th- ngh! You know, when you stabbed me, that really hurt." The other person cried. 

 "Good. I wish you were dead, though." Diluc replied. 

 "You wound me, Master Diluc. Hmph, at least spare me a smile." 

 Diluc scoffed. "Never, Fatui." 

 "Can you at least stop calling me Fatui?" 

 "Then, what do you want me to call you, Fatui?" Diluc sighed. 

 "Ajax or maybe Tartaglia. Either works for me." The Fatui answered. 

 "Huh, Ajax, is that your only sensible name?" Diluc muttered. 

 "Okay, I will admit 'Childe' isn't that good of a name, but Tartaglia sounds awesome!" 

 "Uh-huh, sure thing, Ajax," Diluc said, he gasped at himself. Kaeya could practically feel the blush on Diluc's face. 

 "Aw! You called me Ajax! How nice, Master Diluc!" Ajax chuckled. 

 "Shut up," Diluc stated. 

 "Now, onto the real matter here," Ajax paused. "The Tsarista has informed me with something she wants me to tell you, but first, at least sit down," Diluc groaned and sat down, along with Ajax. "The Tsarista announced that..."  

Chapter 9: Thank you for everything.

Notes:

AAAA IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY HFDFHJDN IM SORRY - PLS FORGIVE ME! TY FOR READING AND REMEMBER TO DRINK SOME WATER AND STYA SAFE

Chapter Text

 Kaeya grit his teeth in irritation; Albedo took notice and squeezed his hand, trying to somewhat comfort and soothe him. Kaeya turned his head to look at Albedo and smiled. The Calvary Captian stared at Diluc and Ajax once more.

 "What," Diluc muttered. "What do you mean?" 

 Ajax groaned. "God, how do I explain it," Ajax paused, and he stared Diluc dead in the eyes. "The Fatui will not hesitate to kill anyone you love if you don't accept the invite." 

 "I don't love anybody. I seek no love from anybody nor do I want it," Diluc responded. "Do whatever you want to anyone I know, it won't affect me in any way." 

 Ajax smirked. "Are you sure?" 

 Diluc nodded. "Absolutely." 

 Ajax stood up. "So be it," Diluc stood up as well. "I'm sure Signora being the crazy psycho she is, will find a way to make you take back those words of yours, Master Diluc." 

 Diluc rolled his eyes. "Uh-huh, sure thing, Ajax-- Fatui." 

 Ajax snickered. "Ehehehe! You called me Ajaaax! I'm so hap--," Ajax paused and looked at where Kaeya and Albedo hid. Kaeya whispered profanity under his breath, alerting Ajax. "Who's there?" 

 Diluc questioned: "What's wrong? Do you see anyone spying on us or something?"

 Ajax grumbled and looked back at Diluc. "I don't know, honestly. Let's hope not," Ajax flung an arm over Diluc's shoulders. "C'mon let's go, my dear."

 "Stop calling me that, Fatui Scum," Diluc grumbled. 

 Their voices faded off once they started wandering into another room. Once Kaeya thought it was clear, he gave Albedo a signal, and they both stood up. Albedo sighed. "So, they're planning on killing someone just so Master Diluc would join? Insane."

 Kaeya sighed. "I don't think it's that insane," He paused. "Well, it depends on who they're planning to kill."

 Albedo gulped. "Kaeya! What if they captured Venti and they'll kill him so Master Diluc decides to join, so Venti won't die! It all fits together. The dead Fatui agent and his hat in that building, Venti's disappearance, and the fact that Venti is someone that Master Diluc cares about." 

 "You're right. It all makes sense now. All we need to do is take back Venti and Diluc." Kaeya stated. 

 "Easier said than done. There are agents everywhere and two Fatui Harbingers roaming around. We could get killed or captured, maybe both." Albedo returned. 

 Kaeya pinched the bridge of his nose. "Damn, you're right. There are just three things that need to be answered: Where are they taking Diluc? Where is Venti? Why are they doing this?" Kaeya responded. 

 Albedo nodded. "I feel like we should find out where they've put Venti first."

 Kaeya stared at the direction Diluc and Ajax roamed off to. "I feel like we should split up. I'll find Diluc and you find Venti, okay?" He glanced back at Albedo, who was fumbling with his hands. 

 The prince sighed. "Alright, understood," Albedo embraced his partner. "Stay safe, okay?" He let go of the hug and kissed Kaeya. 

 Kaeya kissed back, placing his hands on Albedo's waist to pull him closer. Once they split apart, Kaeya replied: "I will, don't worry. Let's meet up here tomorrow afternoon. Is that good with you?"

 Albedo nodded. "Yeah, it is," They kissed again. "Make sure you don't die and get Diluc back safely, okay?" 

 Kaeya chuckled. "Aye aye, Captian. Haha! I will, I promise, baby. You stay safe too and don't get yourself killed. If you do, I'm gonna smack you, aha!"

 Albedo soflty laughed. "Understood," Albedo wiggled out of Kaeya's grasp. "Well, shall we get going?" 

 Kaeya bit his lip. "Yeah, we should. Can I get one last kiss before we venture off without each other?" 

 "Yes, of course," Albedo answered and lightly kissed Kaeya one more time. "I love you. I love you so much."

 "I love you too. I love you more than you can even imagine, my sweet prince." Kaeya whispered. 

 They turned away from each other to walk off in separate routes. "Hey, Kaeya, before we go," Albedo mumbled. "I wanted to say... Thank you for everything. I love you so much. I know as a homunculus, it's hard for me to kind of experience and feel human emotion, but you've made me feel one emotion I won't ever forget: love. I'm so glad I met you, Kaeya. Stay safe." 

 Kaeya started to tear up. "I love you too, baby. I'm so glad I met you as well. I'm happy we met. I don't know how I would've lived this long if I didn't meet you. I'm so glad that I have someone to love, someone to hug, someone to show affection to. Thank you. I love you more than anyone can imagine. Stay safe. I'll see you again, I promise you that." 

 Albedo smiled, a tear rolling down his face. "I love you too."

 Kaeya smiled as well. "Goodbye, my sweet prince.

"Thank you for everything." 

  

Chapter 10: I made a promise.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TW: GORE AND CHARACTER DEATH. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THESE SUBJECTS, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CLICK OUT OF THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU. 

 

 


 

 

The Calvary Captian followed the noise of chains rattling as Diluc and Ajax walked. There was the occasional conversating (much to Diluc's dismay), and Kaeya sometimes alerting Ajax with a wrong step.  
 
 Diluc groaned in annoyance. "My god, Fatui Scum, there's nobody there. Damn, calm down." The redhead grumbled. 
  
 "Darling, I swear, I keep hearing something. It's like someone is following us, you know," Ajax replied as he looked behind him. 
 
 "First, stop calling me that," Diluc looked behind him as well and rolled his eyes. "See? There's nobody--" He paused, and walked forward. 
 
 "Hm? What is it, my dear?" Ajax questioned, walking beside the other.
  
 "I think I saw something. Be quiet," Diluc answered, his eyes widened when he saw a strand of blue hair swing from behind a corner. "Who's there?" 
 
 Kaeya mumbled: "Shit," Before covering his mouth in the realization of what he did. 
 
 "I heard them," Ajax said and summoned his water blades. "Show yourself!"
 
 Kaeya bit his lip and pondered for a moment. Should he run or try attacking Ajax to get back his brother. 


 "Fear means two things," Albedo said, placing a hand on Kaeya's shoulder. "Forget everything and run, or face everything and rise. Choose the right answer; don't think about it, go with your gut. There is no wrong answer when it comes to fear. You do what you believe is right. If you want to run, then run. 
"But, if you want to fight, then fight. Fight for whatever you believe needs to be fought for. May it be for your god, for your free will, or someone you love; just do what you think is right." 

 Albedo summoned his sword. "I'm scared, fear resides in my body at the moment. Want to know which option I'll choose? Simply watch, then you -- go with what you want to do."


 
 Kaeya emerged from the corner, sword in hand. *Forget everything and run...* He stared at Diluc with fierce eyes. Diluc's breath hitched, his eyesight beginning to become blurry. "Kaeya, what are you doing here?" 
 
 "Diluc, what have they done to you?" Kaeya reached a hand out to Diluc, his hand going to the back of his brother's head to pull him into a hug. 
 
 Diluc bit his lip as he tried to decide if he should lie or not. "They haven't done anything to me. They've only held me captive, I'm fine." Diluc replied, side-eyeing the cyro user. 

 "Let go of him," Ajax growled, pushing Kaeya off of the redhead. "He's fine in my care. As far as I know, you're a dick, so leave him alone. I won't hesitate to murder you if you try to take him away from me." Ajax lifted one of his hydro blades to Kaeya's throat, the tip barely touching the Calvary Captian's adam apple. 

 "I won't hesitate to murder you as well if you don't give Diluc back," Kaeya threatened, lifting his blade to touch Ajax's throat. 

 Ajax looked at Diluc and yelled: "Someone get Diluc now! Keep him somewhere safe while I deal with the intruder," And at that, Kaeya swung at Ajax, the ginger stepping back with a grunt. He looked to the side again once he heard multiple feet run towards their direction. One of the Fatui members grabbed Diluc's wrists as the redhead got dragged away. "Hey! Be fucking gentle with him! Gah!"

 Kaeya nearly stabbed Ajax if Ajax didn't duck in time. "Give him back, you bitch." Kaeya mumbled as he stepped forward, swinging his blade in a deadly dance. Kaeya blew ice at the Harbinger from his blade, giving the tips of the ginger's fingers frostbite. 

 "Aha! Never," Ajax replied, one of his blades clashing with Kaeya's. The pair stared at each other, both of their eyes filled with determination to protect the same person. Ajax took the opportunity to stab his other blade into Kaeya forearm, earning a cry from the other. 

 Kaeya stood still for a moment, his legs refusing to move forward. He was too scared to move. He knew he shouldn't be fighting a Harbinger, especially Tartaglia of all people. He gripped his blade. No. He must fight. He will fight. He will get Diluc back. He made a promise. Kaeya found the strength to lunge forward, ice shooting towards the Harbinger. 

Forget everything and run. 

 Kaeya stubbled back when Ajax dashed forward to stabbed his shoulder blade. His blood dripping onto the floor excited the ginger. The exhilaration of fighting and seeing others get that same feeling made him go insane. Kaeya bit his lip and ran to stab Ajax, resulting in another stab to the arm. Kaeya knew that Ajax was way stronger than him, but he had to keep fighting, even if it killed him. 

Face everything and rise.

  Kaeya stabbed Ajax in the stomach, nearly stabbing his wound that Diluc gave him. Ajax coughed, blood spilling onto the floor, but he only started to laugh. Ajax licked his lips. "C'mon! That all you got? Come at me with all your strength." He grinned, throwing an arrow at Kaeya. 

  Kaeya groaned, dropping his blade and running to Ajax, punching him in the nose. There was a rough cracking noise that echoed throughout the room and in Ajax'x ears. Ajax dropped his weapons as well, punching Kaeya back, but not putting enough strength to break the other's nose. Kaeya hissed in pain and kicked Ajax's shin, the Harbinger stumbling back. 

  Kaeya kicked again and again until the Harbinger fell to the floor, Kaeya dug his knee into Ajax's stomach as he began his assault on the Harbinger. Ajax cried out in agony, grabbing one of Kaeya's hands flipped their position; Ajax caging Kaeya to the floor with his hands. Kaeya grumbled and started to punch Ajax again, the ginger's blood dripping onto Kaeya's face. 

  Ajax grabbed Kaeya's hands and held them above his head, leaning down to whisper: "You won't be getting him back if he's in my care," He said, summoning a hydro blade. 

  "Shut--! Ah! Shit," Kaeya sobbed as the hydro blade punctured his ribcage, nearly stabbing his heart. "Gah! P-please, just give back my brother!" 

  Ajax stood up and dug his heel into Kaeya's nose, hearing the same cracking noise that he heard earlier from his nose. The smile on his face grew wider when he heard Kaeya's sobs of pain, he eventually stopped and walked over to Kaeya's blade on the floor. 

  Picking up the cyro user's blade, he walked back to Kaeya and said: "What a pretty little blade you use," He stepped on Kaeya's stomach. "Too bad it'll get all bloody." 

  Kaeya's eyes widened with fear. "No! Stop! Please! No! I--" The blade that Kaeya once used pierced through his body; Kaeya's breath hitched when the blade impaled his vital organs. He reached up to grab the Harbinger's boot, only for his hand to get kicked away. Kaeya's vision started to go blurry with hot tears streaming down his face. "P-please... I-I made a... promise... to my sweet prince... Albedo, I'm so s...sorry. Please forgive me... Thank you for everything..." 

Chapter 11: I will avenge you.

Chapter Text

 

 

TW: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES CHARACTER DEATH. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS TOPIC, PLEASE CLICK OUT OF THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU. 


  The white-haired male traveled nervously throughout the Fatui-filled hotel, his sword in hand. His chest hurt. Was Kaeya okay? He bit his lip and shook his head, silently laughing. Of course, he's okay. He can handle himself. He'll be okay. 

  He sighed and turned his left, hearing a female speak. He hid behind a wall, hoping the said female couldn't see him. "How's Special Mondstadt Subject Number 1?" The female inquired, a demanding tone laced within her voice.

  "He is doing well, La Signora," The Fatui agent replied, earning a grin from the Harbinger. "He's shown no acts of violence nor resistance. Instead, he only mumbles random things under his breath." 

  Signora placed her pointer finger under her lower lip. "How pleasant. Has the tests that have been run on him taken any effect?" She questioned. 

  The Fatui agent shook his head. "No, we are sorry--!" Signora growled in anger and slammed his head against the side of the wall, his body sliding down onto the floor and his blood flowed down with him. 

  Her eyebrows furrowed in anger. "How useless," She mumbled. 

  Albedo silently gasped, clutching his sword tighter. Who was the test subject? Based on the data I heard, he's from Mondstadt, special in some way, and can withstand many tests. What types of tests are run on him though? I can't make an educated guess on who the subject could be until I get more information. He pondered. 

  He heard Signora strut forward; he gasped and dashed to his nearest turn as swiftly as he could. As the alchemist caught his breath, he heard the Harbinger bark orders at other Fatui members to run more tests on the subject. 
  
  Signora's heels clacked throughout the hallway as she said: "You can't run from me, intruder."
  
  Albedo's eyebrows furrowed in frustration and he slowly walked from the turn, his sword in hand. "Where is Venti and who is the test subject," He mumbled. "Answer me, now."
  
  Signora scoffed, a few ice shards floating in her the palm of her hand. "Oh, Venti? I suppose you're talking about that disgrace of an archon," She replied, Albedo frowning. "If you wish to see him, be prepared to die in the process."
 

  Albedo grunted and threw a geo shard at her, Signora's cubital getting impaled. She hissed in pain. "Shut it," Albedo replied, throwing two more shards. One of them, Signora dodged and the other she caught. 

  Signora threw the geo shard to the ground, and strut towards Albedo as she formed a cyro shard that resembled a sword. She muttered as she leaned close to his face: "You can't make me do shit." 

  Albedo grit his teeth, and slashed forward; Signora used her cyro sword to block it, and she bounced back to create some type of distance between them. The two stared at each other, waiting for who would make the first move. 

  Signora lunged out at the other first, Albedo mimicking her movement. Their weapons clashing in harmony, their blades slamming against each other in a deadly dance. Albedo quickly formed a geo shard and stabbed it underneath Signora's throat. 

  She gasped, tears flooding her vision. She stumbled back, and fell to the ground; She threw a cyro shard at Albedo's knee. Albedo cried out and he tried his hardest to sprint back to the main entrance. "Hey, bastard! Ah, shit, shit, shit. Don't run from me!" She yelled out, her voice raspy and blood dripping from her mouth. 

  Albedo created a wall of geo to block Signora from reaching him again. He hacked and slashed his way through Fatui members until he made it to the entrance. He looked at the hallway Kaeya ventured down. He knew he could die if someone walked up behind him and stabbed him. In the condition he was in, he just wanted to see his lover right now. Venti could wait for now.  I need to see you, Kaeya. I'm coming, Kaeya. 


  "K-Kaeya," Albedo whispered, crouching down to his lover. "Hey, w-wake up. I'm right here." He placed a hand on the deceased male, some of Kaeya's blood streaming onto his hand. "You... made a promise. Pl-please, Kaeya, wake up. Let's get out of here... Diluc and Venti can wait... Let's go home, please." 

  The sound of heels clicking on the pinewood floor filled the room. Albedo turned his head, teary eyes staring at the Fair Lady. "How did you get here? I thought I killed you, and I made a geo wall to block you." Albedo mumbled. 

  Signora smiled, a white patch lay flat on her scar. "I have my ways." 

  Albedo stood up, summoning his sword. "Who killed him? Answer me, you disgusting bitch." 

  Her eyebrows furrowed in anger. "Don't ever call me that--! Gah! Shit! You ruthless, violent asshole!" 

  Albedo sent her down once more by plunging his sword into her stomach. "I don't give a shit what you want to be called," He growled. Albedo sighed as he tried to cool off his anger. "Who killed Kaeya?" He muttered quietly.

  "As if I'd ever tell you," She smirked.

  Albedo snarled and dug his foot into her mouth. "Shut it. I'll murder you here and now." 

  Signora stayed silent and watched as Albedo soon forgot her and stared at Kaeya. She took this to her advantage and stabbed Albedo's thigh with an ice shard. The alchemist's thigh bled rapidly, the sudden sting of pain made Albedo stumble backward.

  The Harbinger rose and stomped the alchemist onto the ground. She hovered over him and smirked. "Such a shame that you must see your poor Kaeya like that," She commented. "I'm sure he hated you in the end. You didn't come to his rescue. I'm sure he died there, crying out your name, pleading for you to help him, yet you never did. You allowed him to die." 

  Albedo sobbed. "Shut up! He-- he never hated me! I'll send you to Hell! Die! Ah!" 

  Signora scoffed and dug her heel into the center of his chest as she stared at him sadistically. "What was that about you sending me to Hell? Pfft," She scoffed and spat at him. "Don't make me laugh." 

  Albedo grumbled: "I swear on my life I'll send you to Hell," 

  He stabbed her chest once she leaned in closer, and elbowed her nose. She winced and backed away, forming more ice shards to throw at him. Albedo stood up and threw a geo shard at her eye. She cried out in pain and held her hand where the shard was. 

  Albedo kicked her down and stood on top of her, his heels digging into her stomach. He raised his sword above his head. "I will avenge Kaeya. I don't care if you like it or not, I will get back both Master Diluc and Venti. Nobody will stop me," He stated. "Tell Satan I said 'Hello', so don't keep the Devil waiting."

  He plunged the blade down into her heart, resulting in her twitching for a moment and coughing up blood clots. He watched as the life in her eyes faded away and he walked off of her. He stared at the Calvary Captian and walked back to him. Albedo slumped down beside his dead body and gently kissed him.

  Tears dripped onto Kaeya's face as Albedo pulled back when the alchemist felt no warmth on his lips unlike before. "I will avenge you, Kaeya," He whispered. "I promise you that. I love you so much, Kaeya. I'm so sorry I didn't arrive in time... I-- I regret splitting up. I wish I stayed with you. I will find who killed you, and I will kill them, I swear. I love you, Kaeya, so so much. I'm sorry. 
"Thank you for all that you showed me could be accomplished in life. I really do appreciate it. Thank you, Kaeya. Thank you for everything." 

Chapter 12: Notice

Chapter Text

  Hey, everyone. I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I've been stuck on what to write. I kinda just dug my own grave because of what I wrote. 

  I am sorry to say, but I will be taking a break for a bit. I need to have some time to brainstorm the upcoming events. I hope you all understand. Again, sorry. 

  Thank you for reading!

  Until next time! <33

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  p.s. remember to drink some water and stay safe!

Chapter 13: Your Majesty.

Chapter Text

  "You," He inhaled through his nose; and let out a teary exhale to, hopefully, calm himself. His chest tightened as he spoke, "You killed him..? Wha-what. Why? He was my brother, you jackass! You piece of shit!" Diluc quickly sat up from his seat and lifted a hand to slap Ajax (stopped by Ajax clutching his wrist).

 "I had to," Ajax spoke, also rising from his seat. He kept a sturdy grip on the other's wrist, clenching harder when Diluc tried jerking his wrist back. He had a confident gaze on Diluc as he continued to speak. "I had to kill him so I could protect you."

 Diluc snarled in response, "I don't need you to protect me. I can handle myself." 

 The Harbinger chuckled lightly. "I don't mean what you think I mean. I'm protecting you, so you don't go back to the Ameno Archon. You surely will be content under the Tsarista's watchful eye. She is no foolish archon, unlike yours. She cares for her people, her Harbingers, her followers. On the other hand, your archon is so lazy, for he lays around in taverns; and simply drinks. 

 "My archon is a kind and wise one, who doesn't laze around and drink away all her problems. She cares and protects her people, unlike yours. You, Master Diluc, should be with the Tsarista. She will care for you, unlike Barbatos -- or should I say, Venti?"

 Diluc's eyebrow twitched. "Tch. Shut up, scum. I will never be 'under the Tsarista's watchful eye.' I won't ever look her in the eyes, nor will I believe she cares for her people. She uses her Harbingers to do her dirty work. She only wants the gnosis to start a war."

Ajax gave a breathy laugh. "For peace, may I add."

  The redhead groaned, using his other hand to ball up the front of the Harbinger's shirt, dragging him closer to himself. Their noses touching, Diluc stated with a sharp tongue, "I don't care about her nor do I care about her reasonings for starting a war. I want to end her and the Harbinger Scums. You," He snarled. "Included. You won't see the light of day as far as I care." 

  A heavy, awkward silence floated through the air. Ajax, taken aback at Diluc's threat, nervously let go of his hand; backing away, he put his hands up and walked backward. "Haha... What a firm statement, Master Diluc. Now, now, don't get too ahead of yourself. The Tsarista isn't as fragile as you believe. She's become more powerful, more confident. 
"The Harbingers, now, they won't back down so effortlessly. Signora may be a bitch, but she's one of the most powerful women you will ever meet. She's acquired two gnoses; stealing one by force and signing a contract with another for his gnosis. She," He paused with a slight smile on his face. "Will surely kill off your brother's little friend. Albedo, I believe, was the name he called out on his dying words."

  Diluc bit his bottom lip, his shoulders scrunching up and his head tilting slightly down. "Albedo. He, he's smart; surely isn't dumb enough to come here," Then Diluc's eyes widened with fear as he murmured random thoughts that were in his brain. Gasping, he repeated louder, "If Kaeya was here and called out Albedo's name, then maybe he did come here as well. But, why?" 

  Ajax hummed, "I remember Kaeya mentioning that he made a promise to Albedo -- or something amongst those lines. I can't quite remember..." 

  "Pfft well, that's helpful, dimwit." Diluc scoffed. 

  The ginger gasped (way too) dramatically, placing a hand over his heart and pretending to sniffle. "I tried my hardest, thank you!"

  As the Harbinger's dramatic attitude showed, it seemed like the mood lifted a little, for Ajax added in a needed chuckle. Maybe he did that to ease the awkward and brutal tension. 

  It did lift the mood if Diluc were honest. He held in a small smile, then leaned back into his chair. He opened his mouth, yet no words seemed to come out. 

  He stared at the man in front of him. Noticing the drowsiness in Diluc eyes, he asked, "You tired," Diluc's eyebrows furrowed, a silent 'shut up.' The ginger snorted. "Okay, okay. I'll leave, haha. Get some rest, darlin'." 

  Ajax pushed in his chair and walked to the door of Diluc's prison cell. "Wait," He heard a voice call; he looked behind him, seeing Diluc reach a hand out to him. "Stay. I have some more questions to ask you."