Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-11
Updated:
2021-08-31
Words:
12,985
Chapters:
13/?
Comments:
16
Kudos:
177
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
4,249

When will you be back?

Chapter 10: I made a promise.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TW: GORE AND CHARACTER DEATH. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THESE SUBJECTS, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CLICK OUT OF THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU. 

 

 


 

 

The Calvary Captian followed the noise of chains rattling as Diluc and Ajax walked. There was the occasional conversating (much to Diluc's dismay), and Kaeya sometimes alerting Ajax with a wrong step.  
 
 Diluc groaned in annoyance. "My god, Fatui Scum, there's nobody there. Damn, calm down." The redhead grumbled. 
  
 "Darling, I swear, I keep hearing something. It's like someone is following us, you know," Ajax replied as he looked behind him. 
 
 "First, stop calling me that," Diluc looked behind him as well and rolled his eyes. "See? There's nobody--" He paused, and walked forward. 
 
 "Hm? What is it, my dear?" Ajax questioned, walking beside the other.
  
 "I think I saw something. Be quiet," Diluc answered, his eyes widened when he saw a strand of blue hair swing from behind a corner. "Who's there?" 
 
 Kaeya mumbled: "Shit," Before covering his mouth in the realization of what he did. 
 
 "I heard them," Ajax said and summoned his water blades. "Show yourself!"
 
 Kaeya bit his lip and pondered for a moment. Should he run or try attacking Ajax to get back his brother. 


 "Fear means two things," Albedo said, placing a hand on Kaeya's shoulder. "Forget everything and run, or face everything and rise. Choose the right answer; don't think about it, go with your gut. There is no wrong answer when it comes to fear. You do what you believe is right. If you want to run, then run. 
"But, if you want to fight, then fight. Fight for whatever you believe needs to be fought for. May it be for your god, for your free will, or someone you love; just do what you think is right." 

 Albedo summoned his sword. "I'm scared, fear resides in my body at the moment. Want to know which option I'll choose? Simply watch, then you -- go with what you want to do."


 
 Kaeya emerged from the corner, sword in hand. *Forget everything and run...* He stared at Diluc with fierce eyes. Diluc's breath hitched, his eyesight beginning to become blurry. "Kaeya, what are you doing here?" 
 
 "Diluc, what have they done to you?" Kaeya reached a hand out to Diluc, his hand going to the back of his brother's head to pull him into a hug. 
 
 Diluc bit his lip as he tried to decide if he should lie or not. "They haven't done anything to me. They've only held me captive, I'm fine." Diluc replied, side-eyeing the cyro user. 

 "Let go of him," Ajax growled, pushing Kaeya off of the redhead. "He's fine in my care. As far as I know, you're a dick, so leave him alone. I won't hesitate to murder you if you try to take him away from me." Ajax lifted one of his hydro blades to Kaeya's throat, the tip barely touching the Calvary Captian's adam apple. 

 "I won't hesitate to murder you as well if you don't give Diluc back," Kaeya threatened, lifting his blade to touch Ajax's throat. 

 Ajax looked at Diluc and yelled: "Someone get Diluc now! Keep him somewhere safe while I deal with the intruder," And at that, Kaeya swung at Ajax, the ginger stepping back with a grunt. He looked to the side again once he heard multiple feet run towards their direction. One of the Fatui members grabbed Diluc's wrists as the redhead got dragged away. "Hey! Be fucking gentle with him! Gah!"

 Kaeya nearly stabbed Ajax if Ajax didn't duck in time. "Give him back, you bitch." Kaeya mumbled as he stepped forward, swinging his blade in a deadly dance. Kaeya blew ice at the Harbinger from his blade, giving the tips of the ginger's fingers frostbite. 

 "Aha! Never," Ajax replied, one of his blades clashing with Kaeya's. The pair stared at each other, both of their eyes filled with determination to protect the same person. Ajax took the opportunity to stab his other blade into Kaeya forearm, earning a cry from the other. 

 Kaeya stood still for a moment, his legs refusing to move forward. He was too scared to move. He knew he shouldn't be fighting a Harbinger, especially Tartaglia of all people. He gripped his blade. No. He must fight. He will fight. He will get Diluc back. He made a promise. Kaeya found the strength to lunge forward, ice shooting towards the Harbinger. 

Forget everything and run. 

 Kaeya stubbled back when Ajax dashed forward to stabbed his shoulder blade. His blood dripping onto the floor excited the ginger. The exhilaration of fighting and seeing others get that same feeling made him go insane. Kaeya bit his lip and ran to stab Ajax, resulting in another stab to the arm. Kaeya knew that Ajax was way stronger than him, but he had to keep fighting, even if it killed him. 

Face everything and rise.

  Kaeya stabbed Ajax in the stomach, nearly stabbing his wound that Diluc gave him. Ajax coughed, blood spilling onto the floor, but he only started to laugh. Ajax licked his lips. "C'mon! That all you got? Come at me with all your strength." He grinned, throwing an arrow at Kaeya. 

  Kaeya groaned, dropping his blade and running to Ajax, punching him in the nose. There was a rough cracking noise that echoed throughout the room and in Ajax'x ears. Ajax dropped his weapons as well, punching Kaeya back, but not putting enough strength to break the other's nose. Kaeya hissed in pain and kicked Ajax's shin, the Harbinger stumbling back. 

  Kaeya kicked again and again until the Harbinger fell to the floor, Kaeya dug his knee into Ajax's stomach as he began his assault on the Harbinger. Ajax cried out in agony, grabbing one of Kaeya's hands flipped their position; Ajax caging Kaeya to the floor with his hands. Kaeya grumbled and started to punch Ajax again, the ginger's blood dripping onto Kaeya's face. 

  Ajax grabbed Kaeya's hands and held them above his head, leaning down to whisper: "You won't be getting him back if he's in my care," He said, summoning a hydro blade. 

  "Shut--! Ah! Shit," Kaeya sobbed as the hydro blade punctured his ribcage, nearly stabbing his heart. "Gah! P-please, just give back my brother!" 

  Ajax stood up and dug his heel into Kaeya's nose, hearing the same cracking noise that he heard earlier from his nose. The smile on his face grew wider when he heard Kaeya's sobs of pain, he eventually stopped and walked over to Kaeya's blade on the floor. 

  Picking up the cyro user's blade, he walked back to Kaeya and said: "What a pretty little blade you use," He stepped on Kaeya's stomach. "Too bad it'll get all bloody." 

  Kaeya's eyes widened with fear. "No! Stop! Please! No! I--" The blade that Kaeya once used pierced through his body; Kaeya's breath hitched when the blade impaled his vital organs. He reached up to grab the Harbinger's boot, only for his hand to get kicked away. Kaeya's vision started to go blurry with hot tears streaming down his face. "P-please... I-I made a... promise... to my sweet prince... Albedo, I'm so s...sorry. Please forgive me... Thank you for everything..."