Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-02-18
Updated:
2021-06-20
Words:
59,577
Chapters:
31/?
Comments:
4
Kudos:
61
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
2,914

Taking a Break? Don't Know Them! [DISCONTINUED]

Summary:

Choi San is dealing with a lot. After being essentially disowned by his parents, he finds love. But he also finds pain. From bullies, from the voices chanting within himself that he's not good enough. And from the people apparently targeting him and his boyfriend for no reason other than corporate bullshit. Oh, and he's preparing to take over a dance studio.

So yeah, Choi San is dealing with a lot. But Seonghwa might make things just a bit better.

PERMANENTLY DISCONTINUED

Notes:

I know there's probably no one that would want to read this, but if you did decide to, thank you! This is my first fic on here. It mainly focuses on Ateez (particuarly Sanhwa), but there's a TON of appearances by other groups and soloists in here.

Chapter 1: Welcome to Treasure High

Chapter Text

I don’t know what I thought my sophomore year of high school would be like, but I definitely wasn’t planning on seeing Yeosang pour a can of Red Bull into his thermos of coffee and drink it all in three gulps right before our chemistry midterm review started.

I definitely didn’t think that my immediate reaction would be, God, I need to try that and see if it works.

And that is why I’m sitting on my bed at 3 AM surrounded by cups full of various energy drink combinations, jittering as I work through my homework at three times my normal speed.

Everyone, welcome to the hellhole veiled as education that we call high school.

--------------------------------------------------

As soon as I walk through the doors the next morning, I’m immediately greeted with my mom-friends being overbearing as usual. “Yah, Choi San! Why do you look so tired? Are you getting sick? Do you need to go home? Did you take medici-”

“Seonghwa hyung, I’m fine!” I cut off Seonghwa hyung’s fussing with a chuckle. “Too many all-nighters I guess, but I was doing an experiment with caffeine last night and it couldn’t wait.”

“You absolute idiot… I swear, one of these days I’m going to find gray hair from you kids being insufferable shits…”

“You love us though, hyung~” I coo, darting out of reach as Seonghwa lunges at me with an indignant squawk.

This day started off well. Hopefully ,it’ll stay like that. That may be the caffeine talking, though.

I’m about to walk into my science class when a hand fists in the back of my shirt, pushing me face first into a locker before I can even attempt to shield myself. “Hey nerd, why are you so early every day? You must be such a teacher’s pet, huh?”

Yeah, it was just the caffeine.

“Fuck off, Daehyun.” I growl, trying to push myself away. It doesn’t work, though. I may be strong from dance, but these guys all have at least four inches on me and do a variety of sports. Whenever they try to pick on me, it usually doesn’t go well. For me, at least.

“Oh? Did you forget how easily I can hurt you, Sannie?” A hand grabs my wrist bruisingly, twisting it enough that tears spring to my eyes against my will. “That’s what I thought. Cry all you want, pretty boy, no one’s going to stop us from doing whatever we want to do.”

“Just fuck off, I have to get to class and so do you,” I try so damn hard to keep my voice steady, even as Daehyun twists my wrist further, whispering insults in my ear until the warning bell finally rings and he scampers off to his class.

I sigh as I walk into chemistry, investigating my wrist. It’s definitely going to leave a mark. That’s just another bruise to hide from my hyungs. I won’t be able to practice stunts for a while on this hand, but it should be fine eventually.

Yeosang glances at me as I slide into the seat next to him and take out my notebook. “You okay, Sannie? You look a bit worse for wear, dude. Maybe you should skip dance tonight, I can cover for you.” he whispers as our teacher, Mrs. Park, drones on about Boyle’s Law. I simply nod, not trusting my voice over the throbbing in my wrist. At least it wasn’t my dominant hand that Daehyun twisted. Yeosang looks at me skeptically, eyeing my pale face and dark circles before turning back to his own notes.

Yeosang’s been my best friend since first grade. He joined KQ Dance Academy barely two months after me. I can trust him with anything, and I think he’s beginning to suspect something’s up with me, but he’s too gullible. It’s easy for me to lie about what’s going on. I mean, I could report Daehyun and the others, but it’s a lot easier to stay quiet and not draw attention. I’d probably be brushed off as another attention-seeker or some shit. Just excel in class and make mom and dad proud once they finally come home.

Yeah, life is totally going my way.