Actions

Work Header

Licht der Lilie

Chapter 8: Promise from loved one

Summary:

Tartaglia and Paimon departed to Snezhnaya in order to find more clues about Inazuma. Meanwhile, Zhongli and Lumine meet with their friend, Venti.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

In the morning at Liyue Harbour, Tartaglia and Paimon waiting for their ship to Snezhnaya. In order to go to Inazuma, Tartaglia cannot find any clue at Liyue anymore. Every people he has asked always said it’s difficult to getting in and else. Tartaglia decided to go home and find more clues about Inazuma. He hopes he got something in there.

“Our ship has come! Let’s go Childe!!” call Paimon. Tartaglia brings his bag, then gets onto the ship.

He glances over Liyue once again, remembering Lumine. He keeps thinking will Lumine asking about him. Over and over again, that wouldn't happen, because Lumine won’t even care about him at all. She already rejected him. Yet Tartaglia still loves her. He wonders, why his heart this weak to Lumine. Keep saying that she will love him back, that would be an amazing dream for him.

Tartaglia sighed. For now, he needs to find more clues about Inazuma. He has to forget about Lumine for a moment. Right now, his goal is to find more truth about his journey and Abyss Order.

At Mondstadt, Lumine and Zhongli arrived.

Lumine didn’t wear her usual outfit. She just in her white one-piece dress and black cardigan. Lumine and Zhongli get into Mondstadt, got let in by the guards then searching the green bard. They asking everyone in Monstadt but they don’t know where Venti goes. Lumine goes inside the tavern, asking the bartender.

“Venti? You know him?” the Bartender, Diluc, said. As his red eyes meet Lumine, he looking at her longer. Lumine raising her brows, watching him questioned.

“wait, have we ever meet before?” ask Diluc. Lumine feels the same like has met him somewhere. She taken aback a little, she remembers now. She ‘Have’ met Diluc before! It was when she doing her job and Diluc something like on a journey at Snezhnaya. It was like 2 or 3 years ago, now Diluc and Lumine are changed, so that's normal they didn’t realize each other.

“Lumi, is that you?” said Diluc. Lumine nodded, quickly Diluc take her with him to the outside of the tavern. When Lumine about to say something, Diluc hugging her so missed. Lumine shocked of course, then she replies to him back.

“Finally, I meet you again,” said Diluc so gladly. Until someone interrupts their meet and the person hugging Lumine so defensively.

“Zhongli!” Lumine startled. Zhongli shot a glare at Diluc. Diluc, too doing the same. Lumine can see a dragon and falcon fighting each other. Lumine getting out from hug and stopping them before getting more complicated.

“Zhongli, this is Diluc. I’ve met him at Snezhnaya when I’m doing my job. Diluc, this is Zhongli. He’s Venti’s friend, also-“

“I'm Lumine's boyfriend” shot Zhongli pulling Lumine closer again. Lumine sighed, when Zhongli already in this state, he’s so annoying. Diluc got silent. Waiting for the confirmation from Lumine. She noticed that, letting out a sigh again.

“yes, he’s my boyfriend” Diluc feels hurt. He thought he had a chance to tell his feelings for her. Since their met, Diluc falling in love with Lumine. Lumine really helping him so much. At first, he didn’t trust her because she’s Fatui Harbingers. But, she told him that she won’t kill him, instead, she helping him until his journey at Snezhnaya is over. Diluc knows she’s his enemy, but she became his friend later to be the person he liked until now. Hearing the truth that Lumine now already has a boyfriend, Diluc didn’t want to believe it.

Diluc put his usual face, pulling Lumine to him and tell her everything he wants to say before.

“Even you’re her boyfriend, that doesn’t mean I don’t have any chance. My love for her won’t change! Lumine, if this guy hurts you. Come to me and I’ll make you happier.” Lumine shocked. Zhongli can’t hold his anger anymore.

Another rival to Zhongli. He can’t believe Lumine trapping another heart of man. Just what she did to them until become like this. Zhongli can't think anymore. In the end, he accepts him. He got the feeling that there's still someone that likes Lumine too. He has to strengthen his pace so Lumine will always be his.

“You don’t have to waste your time just waiting for her because she’ll always choose me and never looking at you,” said Zhongli. Diluc smirked, still glaring at Zhongli. Meanwhile, Lumine is out of patience.

“Cut it out, you two. Diluc, do you know where Venti usually goes?” asks Lumine.

Diluc explaining about Venti's whereabouts. He has seen him a lot at Big tree of Mondstadt, meaning Windrise. Lumine and Zhongli went to the place, and they found him. Venti was really there, playing his harp so gently and beautifully. At the last string, he opens his eyes.

Venti's eyes meet Lumine’s.

“Lu…mine?” he whispered. Still shocked, he comes down from his statue, walking more closer to Lumine. His eyes glistened, immediately hug Lumine so tightly.

“This is real? I’m not dreaming, am I?” Lumine confirms to him that it wasn’t a dream. It’s real, Lumine was really hugging Venti now.

“it’s been so long, Venti. I’m sorry for making you waiting….” Said Lumine gently. Venti keeps hugging her more. He really missed her for so long. Waiting for her to come back and meet him. His little wish finally came. Lumine searching him and found him.

Venti really thankful to Tartaglia and Paimon. Because of them, his messages reaching Lumine. This moment what he was waiting for. Enough for hugs, he let go of her then glance at Zhongli.

“It’s been so long too, Morax” Zhongli walking to Venti.
“Yeah”

Venti notice Zhongli come closer to Lumine and held her hand also looking so lovingly at her. He smiles sadly at this, perhaps he truly not have a chance to be with her as a lover. Gathering up his confidence, Venti dashing to Lumine and held her so tight.

Zhongli was about to get her back but Venti interrupting him.

“I know, I know. Don’t be so jealous, blockhead dragon. Today I’m going to take her with me. Only today is it okay Lumine??” Venti sends puppy eyes to Lumine. She just nodded and now getting dragged by the bard.

“Then, let’s go a date!” said Venti happy.

“Barbatos!!”

Although Lumine and Venti have got so far from Windrise, from behind Zhongli still walking behind them. There’s no way Zhongli lets Venti being alone with his girlfriend. Only saw them interacted too far makes Zhongli got so jealous.

“only today, Morax. Let them be, after this Lumine will come back to you again” Zhongli muttered.

Venti snickered at Zhongli, he moves more closer to Lumine and whispered “Your boyfriend got jealous too easily. Why you choose him instead me?”

Lumine thought Venti playing with her so she just replied normally.

“Because he cares about me. I think…”
The green bard realizes there's something off at the answer. Even though he didn’t want to do this, but he needs to for her and his friend.

“Say, what do you feel when Zhongli confessed to you?” Lumine glance at him. She thought about it.

“I don’t know, actually. But deep inside, I feel something that I’ve never felt before. Yet I don’t know what is it”

“You don’t know, yet you accept his feeling without knew???” Venti surprised. Lumine nodded.

“I think I forgot about loving someone or care someone. Sometimes I do what I don’t know to feel about it. Yet, Zhongli likes to clear the confusing path for me. And sometimes I feel not so cold like today finally I meet you again.” Lumine touch her chest, feeling something ease inside it.

“Now I’m feeling it. I think this is, happiness?” Venti touches her Cecilia flower hair clip and gently smiles.

“What you feel right now is what I feel too. Yes, it is happiness” Lumine slightly widened her golden eyes. She finally understands now. Happiness, yes that was what she feels when Zhongli confesses his love for her. The coldness of her truly melting slowly.

Lumine looks at Venti, he shocked at what he just see right now.

“Thank you so much, Venti. You always be my best Bard”

Lumine smiled. It was so beautiful.

Venti knows this is dangerous, but he can’t help it. He touches her cheeks and puts a light feather kiss upon her. How fortunate to him, Zhongli didn’t saw them kiss.

“Ven-“

“Take that as a gift from me. Also, promise me this one Lumine”

“Keep smiling, and don't forget that I will always love you. However don't dump Zhongli because of me, alrighty?” Venti sends a wink to Lumine. Zhongli walks closer to Lumine and saw what Venti did to her just now.

“Why are you wink to her? You want to get crushed by a rock?” said Zhongli coldly. Venti laughing at Zhongli's jealousy mode. He really wants to make fun of it.

“You just miss something~ how unfortunate. By the way, Lumi. Don’t forget our date when the Windblume festival okay! It’s a promise!! I will be waiting for you!!” after that Venti disappears before Zhongli send a giant rock to him.

Lumine still thinks about the kiss. When Zhongli kiss her, she only felt ease and happiness within it. But for Venti,

“Lumi? Why are you crying?” Zhongli asks worriedly.

“huh?”

Why she felt so sad and so hurt?

 

At Stromterror Lair, Dvalin saw Venti at there. Flying closer to him and greet his friend.

“Hello, Barba…tos?” shocked when he saw Venti.

“Why are you crying?” Venti meets his teared eyes to Dvalin.

“Just got heartbroken, that’s all” He touches his lips and hugging himself.

“I shouldn't have done that in the first place”

 

Scaramouch excuses himself then closed the door. He walking toward his room, greeted by passing by Fatui members. As he gets into the room, he throws himself to the bed, sighed so long then smiled at the conversation between him and his god.

“Finally we can be together again, my Lumi…”

 

Tartaglia and Paimon open the door, they now greeted by his biggest family. Releasing the reason to looking clue about Inazuma, hugging his family full of miss.

“Welcome home, brother and Paimon!!” greet them.

“We’re home!!” said Tartaglia and Paimon.

Now, the life of Snezhnaya will begin from now.

Notes:

Venti finally meet Lumine!! It's so sad for me to write Venti getting hurt because his feeling for Lumine is one side of love. I wonder you guys will wait for this fanfic? Rn, I got so much to do with college and cannot update this fanfic sooner. Please bear with it :""I will make it up for this!