Actions

Work Header

Chick and Tiger Tales

Summary:

A Hwando/Hwanhak anthology. Formerly known as I Hwando, You Hwando, We Hwando

Chapter 1: Simple Pt. 1

Summary:

Hwanwoong and Leedo deciding their feelings after 6-7 years.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

No one knows what triggers it.

It could be the long flight. On what could be their final tour together as a group. Southeast Asia being the first international stop. It feels like that time when they first toured in the US.

It could be the frustrations of losing to Seoho on rock, paper, and scissors and see his smirk when he gets to choose the room he will use on his own while waiting for Xion to arrive. Xion has a movie premiere on the very day they have to leave their homeland for the next venue. It was discussed beforehand and Xion or his actor name, Dongju, has decided to take a flight the day after the premiere. They could have taken a room each but for the sake of the good old days, in the words of Keonhee, they decided to share rooms. Hwanwoong shares room with Geonhak.

It could be the never ending sound of "so what?" from Ravn and Keonhee during their dinner together. A sound that was once so frequent when their career has barely lift off. Nowadays, they rarely see each other. On the fourth year after their debut, Keonhee had already been busy with his modelling gig, Dongju gets a side character role in an adaptation of a webtoon. Youngjo, or Ravn already had several music show winning songs under his belt and a few fashion items with his brand, Seoho a fairly popular feature artist, Geonhak learns how to DJ, and Oneus was well known. They had the privilege of moving out of the dorm after a long heartfelt talk many nights before. Geonhak was the last person to leave and he left a bit before their fifth anniversary. They were still close if not closer, but a year after, they could only meet up at comeback meetings and some company events.

It could be the sudden storm that ruins the evening that they planned to go for an outing, visiting the place that they have just set foot on. It was cold, but Hwanwoong can feel sweat building up on his back as he was pinned to the bed, mouth busy. Geonhak breaks the kiss to softly slides a finger underneath Hwanwoong's bangs, as he pushed it to the side, the hand slipped behind his ear and cups his face. Hwanwoong sees Geonhak smiling so softly, eyes glassy. Not much has changed since the last time he saw Geonhak, his hair is short almost as short as the time they promoted their second mini album. His body is bigger, bulkier. Hwanwoong can tell even over the two layer shirt he is wearing by running his hands which was resting on Geonhak's chest to move on to his shoulders. He runs his fingers on Geonhak's hair. Nope, the hair was shorter than before. He closes the gap by pulling Geonhak down and catches his lips.

Nostalgic.


It was a few comebacks after their debut where they both confessed in having feelings for each other. It was a time where they were assigned for a couple dance and the tension was unbearable. They have done it many times before, while the chemistry was a bit iffy, they overcome it with professionalism. But this particular choreography which involves a lot of sensual touching. Hwanwoong finds himself unable to keep his facial expression and Geonhak couldn't keep his position and flinched a lot.

"Hyung, this is not working well. We need to talk, sort it out?" Hwanwoong suggested while taking sips of water. It was a culture that they had made as a group, to talk it out whenever something is bothering them. This method really helped with their teamwork.

"It's nothing. An off day. I'll fix it." Geonhak rejected. Hwanwoong decided to let it go at that. Talking it out, as their culture goes, needs more than just two sides, to have a moderator just in case it turned sour is something Hwanwoong needs to consider. So he asked Geonhak about the little things that happened to him to distract the older man.

However, the frustrations of that week had left them tangled up in each other, hot, sticky and breathless in an empty dorm room. There was some guilt but mostly confusion. "Hyung, what are we?" The question led to a series of other questions. They stare at the bedroom ceiling as they ponder on the what ifs. They chose their career and it was easy.


"What do you and that hyung do everytime you roomed together?" Geonhak asked one day, during a tour. He knocked on Hwanwoong and Youngjo's hotel room door earlier to talk to the older man. But to his surprise Hwanwoong answered the door, looking half sleepy. Hwanwoong grumbled about Youngjo heading out to take a call somewhere and now he had to stay awake so that Youngjo will not be locked outside.

Hwanwoong, who was trying to keep himself awake by playing a game on his phone, shrugged. "Whatever we always do when we're roomed together. Talk about clothes, personal stuff, joke around, play games, the usual." He could see that Geonhak wants to ask more. Maybe about how he and Youngjo appears on screen lately, he noticed it too, the naughty captions and all, but that has always been how he and Youngjo are.

He waited but Geonhak didn't continue. "Youngjo is like that with everyone, even to you and you know it." Geonhak hums. "And everyone knows you have a soft spot for Dongju."

Geonhak mumbles, "So do you". He fishes out his phone from his pocket, fiddling with it to reduce the tension in the air. It was awkward since the two of them are clearly trying to distract themselves from each other.

"Youngjo-hyung and I have the same personality and interest, it's easy for us to get along." Hwanwoong explained, after a long pause. He wondered does he really need to expain himself? He slaps himself lightly to stay awake and sigh, whining when will Youngjo return.

"Seoho-hyung is fun to be around because we have the same interest too, but that hyung really gets on my nerves."

"That's because he's Seoho-hyung. Teasing people is his second nature."


The reason for Geonhak and Hwanwoong to choose not to pursue their feelings is simple, it could be bad for the group and their dynamics. There are so many reasons they can tie to their feelings being only temporary. A rebel against the dating ban, the lack of people they meet day in day out, hormonal, and so on. At the very least, they decided to wait it out until their contract is over. Which neither of them are sure that they would still hold feelings towards each other.

And they were right. While it took more than a year, Hwanwoong finds that he had fallen out of his feelings and assumed Geonhak did too, when they started seeing someone and sometimes talk to each other about it, like the rest of the members. There was no bitter feelings, no heavy heart, no awkward smiles. But there was a cycle, Hwanwoong noticed, he fell out of love for a while and some time later, he finds himself back in it. It wasn't hard dealing with it, their tight schedule helped.

He thinks, he is currently in the 'fall back in' phase. A few days ago, he just happened to see the man above him in a show, a new show where celebrities shows a group of children what they do at their job. Singer, rapper and songwriter, DJ Leedo reminds him of the time where they went around the filming site, distracting a child celebrity as Seoho and Ravn worked on a song. He loved how Geonhak took care of the kid. It was such a wholesome sight to behold at that time. It was probably when Hwanwoong had fallen for him. Especially after the shoot, he noticed that Geonhak looked brighter and sometimes smile at himself when he thinks no one is looking. Geonhak is a beautiful, sweet, sensitive man with so many sides of him contrasting each other and Hwanwoong can't help but fall for him.

Hwanwoong does his best to switch their position until he's on top of Geonhak, he pulls off his shirt and stretch to grab the tv remote and switch it on. Geonhak looks back at him, swollen lips, messy hair. Beautiful. There is that soft look again when he looks at Hwanwoong. An answer. The sudden shout of the announcer from the tv snaps him back to reality. He must've look silly while being in a daze and brushes off the thought. He continues to kiss Geonhak and feels his hands on his hips.

When Hwanwoong comes to, his throat feels scratchy. He is still on top of Geonhak, with his nose buried in the crook of Geonhak's neck. He plants a kiss there and flips himself to the side, resting his head on Geonhak's arm.

"Hey?"

"Yeah?" Geonhak answers.

"Are you continuing your contract as Oneus?" He can hear Geonhak snickers.

"Planning to."

"And that thing we decided on?"

"Does it matter anymore?"

Notes:

If you made it this far, pat yourselves on the back. You made it, yeay! I've reformatted it and fix a few things here and there, if you came back after reading it once before, you'll notice it. Haha.

I like this pairing and didn't expect to write them in a shippy manner. I usually write Hwando-centric stories but in a buddy manner, if you're interested ;D