Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-12-31
Updated:
2021-08-02
Words:
70,866
Chapters:
41/?
Comments:
4
Kudos:
167
Bookmarks:
10
Hits:
7,183

Hayloft

Summary:

almost all of the ships have been written bc i have nothing else to do
i was bored and wrote a multi-fandom ship book
what am i doing with my life-
if something needs a tw please put it in the comments so i can add them

Chapter 1: Golden Tickets ( parts 1+2 ) (musical!candytroller)

Notes:

this is , like , 10000+ words , bc its the two parts put together yk haha 👍

Chapter Text

"-late news!"

"Bucket, look-" Charlie cuts him off with a scream, getting on his knees and going limp on the floor of the candy store.

"We have a fourth golden ticket winner! Cherry, where are you?" The newsman, Jerry, asks.

"Jerry!" The newswoman, Cherry, yells. "They say it's Iowa but, how can you tell?" Charlie knew the silence was for the laugh that would be played in-between after it airs live. "We're in the sweet suburban home of a typical American family where a darling little lad called Mike Teavee has surprisingly struck gold, and made his mother so proud! Now Ms. Teavee, tell us all about Mikey."

"Hit it!" Was all she says, which catches Charlie's attention. But his attention on the woman is immediately gone when he notices the boy, Mike Teavee, strapped to a chair.

"All through the night, I just watch the clock. Counting every second 'til I can tiptoe to his door, which I carefully unlock, to get to see my little man! " The look of pure annoyance on Mike's face when his mother stands in between him and the video game he's playing makes Charlie laugh.

"At six A.M. I look in on my darling, to see if his restraints are holding fine. For an hour I'm in heaven 'til I loosen them at seven. I love that little man of mine!" Mike kicks up his feet, seeming to be stuck for hours, but he immediately goes back to his video games.

"At nine A.M. I make his special breakfast-" Her voice is cut out by Charlie's thoughts. Though he snaps back to reality when she continues talking. "Then it has to be home-school, and due to that court ruling- they never proved a thing-" She's again cut off by Charlie's thoughts, though he was told he shouldn't ask about bad stuff that's happened to other people unless they don't mind, which they both probably do, so he starts listening again.

"-I never dreamed that we had had a daughter!" 'Maybe a daughter would've been better' Charlie thinks, but tells himself it's not kind to say that stuff.

"-I have to have a sip of mommy water!"

"That stuff is gross!" Charlie says, cringing.

"Maybe now, but maybe in the future it'll taste better." The shop owner says.

"-And pour myself a lovely box of wine!"

"That's what her 'mommy water' is, right?" Charlie asks.

"I'm gonna guess it is, Bucket."

What brings Charlie back to the television is Ms. Teavee walking past Mike and the television again. Mike throws his hands up, annoyance plastered on his face.

"Mine! Mine! What can I say? I got my golden ticket an American way! I hacked Willy Wonka! That's how I won! You gotta break rules to get the job done! I don't need to go outside to be what I be! Reality is something I can get from TV! America get ready for my cyber attack! Mike Teavee is winning, there's no going back!" He turns to his mother and runs as she pulls out his restraints. She brings him back to the chair by shaking his controller, which he grabs and continues his game.

"So every night we sit at our computer."

"I try to find my father online." Charlie frowns.

"And then I tuck Mikey in, with lots of love and-"

"That doesn't look like love if he's struggling." Charlie says.

"Well she has to. It's court rules." The shop owner replies.

"And then I take as many as I can-"

"Does she legally have pills?" Charlie asks randomly.

"I'm gonna say yes because if she didn't, I don't think she'd talk about them on live television."

"-Cause mommy doesn't give a damn, cause mommy's higher than cloud nine!"

"Mine! Mine!"

"Thanks for comin'! " Ms. Teavee sits on the arm rest, and Mike pulls himself away from her, looking at her with disgust. He's completely avoiding her touch, but she pats his arm anyways. He tries to push himself away, and Charlie can tell he's telling her to stop because she does immediately. The camera pans back to Cherry, and Charlie almost frowns at the fact that the Teavee's had gone off-screen. He seemed to like Mike, even though he did seem obsessed with his video games and hacking.

_-_

"Hey!" The shop owner says, startling Charlie. "I haven't seen you for days! I thought you might've kicked the bucket... Bucket."

"Are you leaving?" Charlie asks, sadness lacing his voice.

"Of course! All the chocolate's gone, I'm closin' up! Every last bar, bon-bon and marshmallow chew in the shop sold. Isn't that one of 'em?" He asks, pointing the end of the duster to Charlie.

"I suppose." Charlie says, not in the mood for jokes.

"I- N- There's no 'suppose' about it. That Willy Wonka is a marketing genius, if I do say so myself. Now here, grab this broom, help me sweep up." Charlie sweeps with not very much power in it.

"Hey, would- can you put a little back into it? Give it a little-" He makes a gesture of pushing a broom hardly across the floor, and Charlie copies it quickly. He makes another gesture, shaking his hand in an 'it was an okay try' and walks away.

"What do you think he's like?" Charlie asks.

"Willy Wonka?" The shop owner asks. "How should I know?"

"I mean, what does he do all day? Does he write his ideas in a scrapbook? Does he sit all day in class and day dream- well not class, I suppose, because he doesn't go to school, does he? But, does he spend his lunch break just mixing things up in cups to see how they taste? How does he do it? What happens in that factory?" Charlie stops sweeping to turn to the factory.

"There's still one chance left."

"Not for me."

"Oh, Bucket, don't be disconsolate. You've been a witness to history. Trust me, one day, th- this'll make a great story..." Charlie frowns. "It's been nice knowin' ya." He walks back to the cash register, only to start talking again. "I- Ya know what? Here." The shop owner hands Charlie his bag and flips the sign to 'Closed.' "Thank you. You missed a bit over there." He takes the bag back from Charlie, and his smile is replaced with a sad look. "So long, Bucket! Remember, no man waits for time. Don't carp and seize the per diems. Goodbye." The shop owner leaves the store.

"Goodbye." Charlie says, and he goes back to sweeping. He passes the stand the cashier and spots a dollar. "A dollar! Sir, sir, you left a dollar, sir! He's gone..." Charlie shuts the door, and immediately hears, "Vegetables! Veh-geh-tah-buls. I am back to selling vegetables! Get your depressing, old vegetables here."

"Miss Green!" Charlie says.

"Oh, I supposed you want dinner kid. I think I got a couple squishy tomatoes in here, they won't look too bad if you wipe off the mold." She pats his back and turns to look in her cart.

"Miss Green, what happened to all the chocolate?" Charlie asks.

"All sold out. There isn't a Wonka bar left in the whole country."

"But I got a dollar..."

"Oh, you comin' to your inheritance?" Charlie turns away, but Miss Green stops him.

"A- H- Hey wait I might have a stale KitKat in here somewhere, just uh... wait a minute. Well look at this. Must've fell down the back of the cart during the good times." Charlie bounces in excitement.

"A Wonka Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight! Please may I buy it Miss Green?"

"Alright. Don't eat it all at once." They trade items and Charlie stares in shock. "Vegetables! Some are so dry you can eat it with a straw and call it a smoothie. Get your vegetables here!" She walks away, pushing her cart in front of her.

"I should take it home and share it... just one tiny nibble, just to make sure it's okay." He pulls the wrapper off, and a shine of gold makes him jump in shock. He smiles.

"I never thought this day would be anything by catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see a bit of good luck for me." Charlie stands up, spinning around. He pushes the ticket high above his head.

"I've got a golden ticket! I've got a golden twinkle in my eye! Grandpa Joe, how'd you know that I'd be coming home today with something good, something gold, something special that I can hold! Grandpa Joe just as you believed, the final golden ticket is in my hand!" Charlie's grandparents cheer happily.

"Grandpa Joe! We won!" His mother and grandparents all cheer for him.

"Joe? Are you okay? He's white as a sheet! He can't speak-"

"Grandpa Joe, say something!"

"Charlie, you and I, we made something out of nothing. Me and you, Charlie, we saw things that weren't there. Charlie, you and I, wondered how but never why. Yes, me and you, Charlie. Charlie, you and I."

"Wait a minute Joe. This ticket says 'In order for Charlie to go on the tour, he has to be accompanied by a responsible adult'." Mrs. Bucket says.

"So?"

"Well I can't take him! If I don't show up for work Mrs. Walinsky is sure to fire me and I can't afford to lose my job-"

"I will take him!"

"But Joe, you can't walk."

"Couldn't." He corrects. "Couldn't walk. But that was before today. Before my call to arms! This ticket is all the miracle these old legs need!" Grandpa Joe throws the blanket off of his legs.

"I never had a chance to shine." Grandpa Joe drops his first foot of the bed, everyone gasping. "Never a happy song to sing." He drops his second foot of the bed, and they all gasp again. "But suddenly half the world is mine! What an amazing thing!" His legs shake when he tries to stand and he falls back, the others all talking at the same time.

"I've got a golden ticket!" He stands up much easier and Charlie hands him the ticket. He takes it and falls again, but he gets back up and raises the ticket. "I've got a golden sun up in my sky!"

"This is going to be a disaster!" Grandpa George says. Grandpa Joe starts talking about the Titanic and how he was told to steer it and blah blah blah. He starts to go down the stairs, but because he can't fully walk, he slowly scoots down them. Charlie helps him up, and Mrs. Bucket rushes to help Charlie and Grandpa Joe.

"Look at the sun!" He says, and then falls. Charlie and Mrs. Bucket help him up. "I never thought that I would be slapping the lap of luxury. Cause they all said;"

"It shouldn't be done!"

"Bring me my jacket!" Grandpa Joe demands and Mrs. Bucket rushes to get it.

"But it can be done- and my pants!"

"I never dreamed that I would climb over the moon in ecstasy. But nevertheless, it's there that I'm shortly about to be."

"Cause we've got a golden ticket! We've got a golden ticket! We've got a golden chance to make our way! And with a golden ticket it's a golden day!" They help Grandpa Joe get dressed, and he starts to walk, the other two helping him.

"We never thought we'd see the day when we would face the world and say 'Good morning'!"

"Look at the sun! I never thought that I would be a-dancin' about for all to see. Cause they all thought I was better off dead. But I got out of bed!" Charlie hands Grandpa Joe a pot, and he puts it on his head like he does when they're playing 'Willy Wonka'. "C'mon Charlie! Oh, we'd never dreamed that we'd appear, over the moon in ecstasy. it's there that we're shortly about to be. Cause we've got a golden ticket! "

"Charlie your father would be so proud!"

"Oh, we've got a golden chance to make our way! And with a golden ticket it's a golden day!"

=+=

"Ethel Teavee and this my little Mikey." Charlie looks up at his grandfather, who's looking at the boy in disgust and maybe even confusion. Charlie's expression is completely different. He's staring at him in excitement and fascination.

"Hello Mike!" Cherry says, but she gets no response.

'His headphones are on. Why do adults think they can hear through them?' Charlie asks himself.

"Hello, Mike." Again, no response.

"Hello Mike!" They all yell, and he pulls off his headphones.

"What?" Charlie already could tell the difference between his voice on TV and his voice in person. 'That sounded weird.' He thought but shrugged it off.

"Tell us, what do you think of the competition so far?" Cherry asks.

"It's crap! These kids are losers, Wonka's a loser. There's only room for one winner in this competition. Me. Now out of my way, old people!" He pushes through the crowd of reporters, all of them gasping.

"That's four kids, and Cherry I have five on my list. Where's the other one?"

"Oh here he comes now, Jerry. It's Charlie Bucket, the boy who won his ticket only yesterday." The reporters all surround him, making him feel more powerful than usual. "Charlie, the world is watching. Is there anything you wanna say?" The reporters lean closer, microphones in his face.

"Go on, Charlie." Grandpa Joe says.

"Uhm, how'd you do?"

"How'd you do..." Jerry says, almost in a mocking way.

"Is that it?" Cherry asks. They all lean in again, pointing their mics at him.

"Sorry." Grandpa Joe gives him a look and he shrugs.

"Well, there you have it. Looks like a loser to me, Jerry. Kids no good with a [wtf does she say], but, who knows? Maybe he'll lead with a [again , wtf are they saying]!"

"You know, poverty is such a terrible thing, Cherry. Wasn't it John Paul that-" Jerry is cut off by the sound of a bell ringing.

"Shut it Jerry. It's time." She steps away, leaving Jerry in the spotlight.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the clock strikes. The hour has come, and the shadow of this factory we stand, but, where's the man who built it? [i have no clue what he says the whole sentence], the man they call..." Jerry walks out of frame, and all the news reporters start talking at the same time.

"Willy Wonka!" The doors open and all the reporters turn. Out comes a man wearing a dark hooded cloth with a cane. He's bent over like an old man with back issues. He's shaking as he tries to stand. 'This can't be Willy Wonka... can it?' Charlie begins to rethink everything he thought he knew.

"Won't you help me, please? I'm afraid that I might fall. For my eyes and my knees have gone frail behind this wall. Let me come to you, though it appears I've lost my pep! But as this ancient relic read, in the tao of Ching it said, a journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step!" He falls over, and the reporters rush to help him. The ticket winners are right behind them, all watching with a different expression.

Suddenly, a man stands up, and the reporters back up. The kids back up as well, and Charlie immediately realizes it was all an act. Wonka is fine, and he isn't an old man with back problems.

"Beyond this door's a factory. Begat from just a bean. Beyond this door, surprises in store, but it must be believed to be seen." He throws his cane up and catches it in the other hand. He starts to walk forwards, the reporters all following. "Beyond this door's invention. Where mind meets with machine. Beyond these gates, astonishment waits! But it must be believed to be seen."

Reporters are following him at weird angles, including one reporter on the floor and others being held up like ballerinas. "No magic spells, no potions! Forswear Legerdemain. My kingdom's created from notions all swirling inside of my brain. Beyond this door's a banquet of Wonka made cuisine. A lucky few will get to pass through, but it must be believed to be seen."

Wonka starts to dance with a reporter. "Beyond this door's music, come dance betwixt and between. Beyond this waltz is a world without faults, but it must be believed to be seen." She hands his cane back, and is back to taking notes.

"Beyond this door's a puzzle. You'll find out what I mean. Beyond this gate is the world I create, but it must be believed to be seen." The reporters back up as Wonka walks forward, making a gesture for the ticket winners and the adults to come forward. They all walk up to him, and he looks at all of them.

"Despite the man seen at these doors, my childhood home was bland like yours." He looks at Charlie, who turns back to Grandpa Joe once making eye contact with everyone. He pats Charlie's shoulder and Charlie shrugs. "But I knew how to look to find a world that wasn't colorblind. Let's hope that you're a bit like me, as you walk through my factory. For in the end is quite a prize if you can see with more than eyes."

Violet holds Veruca's hand, Veruca's holding Augustus' hand, Augustus is holding Mike's, Mike is holding Charlie's, and Charlie is holding Wonka's. Charlie has completely forgotten what's happening because he just likes the feeling of holding Mike's hand. Wonka leads them around to circle behind him.

"Your life's about to change now, so don't get left behind! "

"Do things appear quite strange now? Imagine the wonders you'll find." The kids all gather in front of him. Augustus and Violet stand on his left, Veruca and Mike are kneeling in front of him, and Charlie's behind Mike. 

"Beyond this door is chocolate."

"So tasty it's obscene! " His hand goes in front of Mike's face, who glares at him. "So follow me, for I guarantee, that this world I conceived, and all I achieved, it must be believed to be..." He sends the kids in one-by-one. First Augustus, then Violet, then Mike, Veruca goes next, and Charlie is sent in next. They all hold up their golden tickets as they walk in, and Charlie rushes in. "...seen! " He finds an open spot next to Mike and rushes over.

Mike looks down at Charlie, then looks over at his mother and whispers something to her. She nods, and waves to Charlie. He waves back with a smile. Mike looks back at Ethel and glares at her, whispering something to her again. She makes an 'oh, oops' face.

"Do come in! " The lights go out, and Charlie stumbles. 

_-_

"Nice of you to drop in." Charlie looks back, trying to figure out how Wonka could've gotten in before them. "Welcome to my factory. First stop: reception!"

"Our schedule has no room for intros, languid and rubato... accelerate right to the verse and play it molto presto and staccato! Now let's get the small talk out of the way. What zigzag roads and fickle fates have led you to my chocolate gates? I'm sure the stories would enthrall but time is racing by us all. I'd love a rhyme or riddle or two but there's so much time, so little to do! So much time, so little to do? Please strike that, reverse it! I meant the other way!" The kids all follow him, randomly asking and telling him random things.

"It doesn't take a Sigmund Freud to see I'm charmed and overjoyed but pardon if I start to fret, we've not begun our journey yet! No time to borrow or delay, what's here tomorrow's gone today! " They all lean in, all of them listening besides Mike, who's playing a game on his tablet. "What's here tomorrow's gone today? Whoops strike that, reverse it! My tongue has feet of clay!" The children back up, then both the parent and the kid look at each other, shrugging.

Everyone lines up and goes through the bags they've brought in. "You bid the tasteless world adieu to chew the goo awaiting you, but scurry, for the Wonka clock keeps ticking!" First, Wonka pulls a butcher knife from Mrs. Gloop's bag. He shoves it back in the purse, and checks Veruca's purse. He pulls out a bomb, putting it back in the purse and letting Veruca go.

"Inside these doors the floors are sweet, there's rugs and carpets you can eat, and best of all, the wallpaper needs licking! Ah!" He pulls a rubber duck out of Violet's bag and throws it after the duck had quacked at him.

"This day of punctuality is scheduled to the Nth degree. I wish that I had time to share my thoughts on makeup, clothes, and hair... madam!"

"Yes?"

"Your hair, your dress, your shoes are great! You're dressed for 1958."

"I tried wearing those culottes but they get caught in my candy kernel." Mike pushes Ethel behind him as everyone looks at her in concern. Charlie looks up at Mike in confusion, which makes him give Charlie a 'nothing, it's gross' look.

"No strike that, reverse it! Let's get on with our day! Gloops!"

"Mister Vonka, guten tag!"

"Willkommen Frau Gloop! Delighted to meet you, and this must be little Augustus. Why, he looks so..." Charlie takes notice of how Mike pops the bubble Violet was blowing then quickly turns away. "healthy."

"Yeah, he's my tiny little pickle!" He looks back at Violet and she glares at him. He smiles sarcastically back at her.

"Hello!" Augustus waves his ticket, then dings the bell on the desk. Wonka puts his hand over it to stop the ringing. Augustus rings it again, and Wonka does the same thing. When Augustus does it one more time, Wonka pretends to go for the bell, only to hit his hand with a toy hammer. Augustus and Mrs. Gloop back up as the others watch in shock. 

"Pleased to meet you Augustus but I'm afraid I must confiscate your sausage!"

"But that was my lunch!" Wonka ignores the boy, scanning him with his cane. "Anymore contraband?" The cane gets louder over his pockets. "Just a few sausages..."

"You may go first, but lose the wurst."

"That's sad because I love 'em."

"To lead our group, Augustus Gloop, for who could lose sight of him?"

"Yes who could lose sight of him!"

"Salts!"

"Zdravstvuyte/Здравствуйте! Oleg Salt from Novosibirsk. I run Salt Peanuts, Salt Cod, and Salt Mines."

"That's a lot of salt. You should watch your blood pressure."

"And this is my wonderful daughter..."

"Dyspepsia..."

"Veruca."

"Angina..."

"Veruca!"

"Diarrhea..."

"VERUCA!" Veruca turns away, arms crossed.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry, I was checking your father's medical records. Oleg, ingenue, you really must take care of yourself."

"I'll take care of you Vonka if you don't focus on me!"

"It's a pleasure, dear, to have you here, where did you get that mink?"

"Are you for real?"

"It's baby seal that's clubbed then tickled pink."

"It's clubbed then tickled," She does an attitude, everyone she passes backs up, "clubbed then tickled," then a croisé "clubbed then tickled pink!" and another attitude, ending on the tip of the pointe shoes.

"Beauregardes!" Violet shoves Mike hard and he stumbles. He turns, only to be stopped by Ethel. Mike shakes his head then looks down at Charlie, they stare at each other, Charlie giving him a confused, 'why'd she do that' look, and Mike gives him an 'I don't know' look back. He looks away once Charlie waves at him.

"Eugene Beauregarde, here is my card."

"I'll cherish it."

"Smile!" Violet poses beside Wonka, and snaps a photo.

"Instagram it, daddy!"

"And I guess you already know the Queen of Pop."

"Delighted to meet you, your majesty. And what is it exactly you do?"

"Do?! I chew!"

"Gesundheit!"

"Same gum for the last three years!" Violet obviously doesn't know what gesundheit means. 

"It's a jaw-popping world record! Why, she's got over 50,000 twitter followers, her own YouTube channel, and one day, we gonna open up a bubble gum boutique in Beverly Hills!" Eugene goes around, handing people cards with Violet's social media. Veruca refuses to take a card, yet he never offers a card to Charlie. 

"Well, congratulations, I must drop by, but you can't bring gum in here."

"Why not?"

"Because it's disgusting." Violet gasps dramatically.

"Just let me in! I'm here to win!"

"You like to beat your drum! Your confidence is quite intense but just don't jump the gum!" Wonka pulls all the gum out of Violet's mouth, and she gasps. 

"Don't jump, don't jump, just don't jump the gum!" Wonka tries to throw the gum away, but it sticks to his hand. He tries throwing it again, yet it sticks to his hand still. He gives up and shoves in onto the bottom of his desk.

"Next!"

"Yo, dufus, you got wifi?"

"I'll take that." Mike walks away, yet stops when he almost hits Charlie. He turns back around as his mother pulls him back to the desk. He pulls the golden ticket out of his pocket, handing it to his mom.

"Ethel Teavee and this is Mike Teavee. We should be on the list."

"Ah yes, Mike Teavee, the boy who hacked into my computers." Mike turned away to play on his phone, only to look back up a second later. "So Mike the brain you must explain just how you hacked a ticket."

"Shut up old man. I'm not a fan. You know where you can stick it." Mike puts his headphones on, completely ignoring the people around him.

"You can stick it!" Ethel takes a drink from her flask, only for Wonka to stop her. 

"And there's no alcohol in my factory, I'm afraid."

"...It's lemonade!"

"Mhm." He hums in disbelief. He makes a gesture as if to say 'hand it over.' She hands him the flask and he takes a sip, only to drink the whole thing. He starts singing a song that Charlie's never heard before.

"Homemade. You should visit my factory sometime."

"It seems that I've left someone out. Who else is here, now give a shout."

"Uhm, Mr. Wonka, I'm the last." Charlie says, holding up his ticket.

"Is least the last to join our cast." He moonwalks then turns around, Charlie backing up. "Name?"

"Joe Bucket, at your service, sir!"

"Delighted!"

"Actually-"

"Enraptured!"

"Matter of fact-"

"Fascinating! And you must be Charlie. Well, well, well, Charlie Bucket, the boy who waited until the very last moment to get his ticket!" He takes the ticket from his hand and walks away, putting it on his desk. "Don't leave it so late next time!"

"But-"

"But what?"

"But, Mr. Wonka, aren't you the candy man?"

"The-" He looks over at Mike, who looks like he's not believing a word Wonka is about to say. "The handy man? Young man I am the president and CEO of this entire organization." He starts to laugh, and the others follow along. Except Mike and Charlie. He cuts the laughing off abruptly.

"Now, messes Bucket, Salt, and Beauregarde, Madame Teavee and Shatzi Gloop," He leads them to the other side of the room. Mike tries to push between Augustus and Veruca, but fails. Veruca hits him on the chest and he flinches. They glare at each other before Veruca looks away, flipping her hair in his face, "you're visitors in my backyard while shepherding this tiny troupe."

Wonka starts to walk towards them, and the others start to walk backwards. "And so I look to you to lead your future generations, I must insist you hear and heed my rules and regulations!" Wonka runs past them, and they all look over their shoulder as he puts his cane on the holder on his desk.

"I'd love to lounge and lolly gag and give each tongue the chance to wag, but I must get you all to sign this contract on the dotted line." He pulls out a wide and small piece of paper, "There's no reprise, the way time flies, so dot the T's and cross the I's! Damn, strike that, reverse it! Please ink without delay!"

"May I see the dossier?" Oleg asks.

"And negotiate her pay?" Eugene asks next.

"So, what does the contract say?" Ethel asks, pointing to the paper.

"Well... the undersigned herein to for cite no frippery or force majour. No property be touched or chewed or peddled!" He pulls the contract farther out. Mike grabs the contract, pulling it along. Veruca grabs it next, then Charlie and Violet. They all try to read it upside down. 

"What'd he say?" Everyone looks over at someone, confused. Veruca smacks Charlie hand. He puts it back, looking up at her. Mike leans over and tells Veruca to leave him alone. She immediately stops, pulling the contract farther out.

"De facto habeas corpus laws. For you a new grandfather's clause. Sign here and here and here. Thank god that's settled!" The contract starts to wrap around everyone, pushing people closer together.

"What does he expect?!" Mrs. Gloop asks.

"I'm confused!" Ethel complains.

"This tempo is preposterous!" Oleg says.

"Just sign!" The kids stop pulling the contract out, yelling. They start to move in circles, trying to get to the end of the contract. The paper only wraps around them even more. 

"So now the time has come at last to put the present in the past. It's time to take the golden tour and taste the tempting treats, du jour. The day is young the sun is high and so it's time to say goodbye!" They look like a bundle of sticks, and they all look extremely uncomfortable.

"Goodbye!?" They all ask in concern.

"No strike that, reverse it! The next time I'll rehearse it. Get ready, set, on your marks, let's go!"

"You're stupid!" Augustus yells.

"You stink!" Mike shoots back.

"I'm winning!" Veruca says, hitting Violet's shoulder.

"You think!" Violet says back to her, tone sassy.

"Let's go!" Charlie yells, done with all the fighting.

Wonka starts to pull the contract the opposite way they went, and they start to spin around."On with the show!" They all land on opposite parts of the floor.