Actions

Work Header

The Shadow And The Soul

Summary:

Maka Albarn is a junior researcher, under Dr. Stein’s wing, at the SCP Foundation. She is determined to find the truth about two big mysteries, the unfinished investigations by her mother on what she named the “Demon Weapons”, and discovering what happened to her. But those inquiries will have to wait, as she is assigned to a new SCP, a yellow-eyed boy who recently arrived to Site-17, and requested containment by his own will.

AU where the DWMA doesn’t exist, but the Foundation does.

Chapter 1: Junior Researcher Maka Albarn’s Personal Journal

Summary:

"Site-17 is a major Foundation facility primarily focused on the containment and study of low-risk humanoid entities. As per this focus, Site-17's permanent site staff includes a large number of medical and psychiatric professionals."
-Secure Facilities Locations, SCP Foundation

Notes:

Hi everyone! I’m happy you stumbled into this fic. I was searching for a crossover between Soul Eater and the SCP Foundation, two of my favorite fantasy worlds. I could not find any, so I decided to write one.

My plan is to use different formats, like journal entries, documents and annotations, as well as omniscient narrative, emulating the style of the Foundation.

Hope you enjoy this! :D

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Special Containment Procedures Foundation

Site-17

Junior Researcher Maka Albarn’s Personal Journal

 ██/██/████

Today, I examined again the documents regarding SCP-127’s recovery and containment. Since I first saw it, I knew the Living Gun is one of the most amazing objects subjects we've found. According to my mother’s investigations, it could be one of the beings she called the “Demon Weapons”: humans with the ability to shapeshift into weapons of different kinds at will, stronger and more powerful than any forged one.

SCP-127 would be one unfortunate case, where something went wrong, and the process got stuck between the physical appearance of a weapon and a biological organism. Even regarding SCP-127’s intriguing mechanisms, her theory sounds quite insane. Sometimes I think her colleagues were right when they said that, though she was brilliant, she was slowly losing her mind, and there has never been such thing as the Demon Weapons. It would not be rare for someone working in this place to start failing to distinguish what is real and what is not.

(I was her only daughter, and she raised me by herself. It's weird, but, even so, I feel I never truly knew her. She was excentric, she had all these odd quirks.)

(But then, I remember her, the last day I saw her. She was not crazy.)

Then again, I might be. Today I felt it again, a warming sensation and a strange glow that appeared in my vision. Pulsating lights on those that surrounded me. The sight always makes me feel disoriented and dizzy. I tried to breath and relax, until they slowly disappeared, as some of my colleagues came closer, believing I was about to faint. I am afraid of speaking about this with Dr. Glass, even though I already had a couple of therapy sessions with him; I am worried he would consider I am not sane enough qualified to continue working here, and I can’t let that happen. Not until I have some answers.

I was planning on re-reading my mother’s journals, especially the parts where she describes the weapon she said she found, and lost: a young man who could turn into a scythe. But this will have to wait, as I was earlier informed that Dr. Stein and our team have been assigned the study of a new SCP. They told us he is a boy, or at least he looks like one, who came willingly to Site-17 a week ago, requesting to be contained. What is he really, what are his true intentions, and no less importantly, how he knew about the Foundation, are the things we must find out. Dr. Stein will be interviewing him tomorrow in the Gesell chamber, while I and the other junior researchers will be behind the mirror. I would say I am disappointed for my own investigations having to wait, but I am not. It is always fascinating to encounter a new SCP, especially if it is arriving under such unusual circumstances.

 

Notes:

Thank you very much for reading! Please, let me know what you think! :D