Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-27
Updated:
2023-10-06
Words:
216,970
Chapters:
103/?
Comments:
11
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
6,217

Unexpected Encounters

Chapter 28: Memories of the last three months

Notes:

Here's chapter 28. This chapter explains a bit of what happened to Shadow, Rouge, Rutan, Silver and Jewel on what happened in the three months before the story. And it will look like they met Bogo and Clawhauser.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Shadow and Rouge were in Chiba prefecture, waiting to meet the agents. It had already been 15 minutes since the call ended, so they had 5 minutes left until they arrived. Shadow had decided that if they didn't show up he would go alone, since he had a time limit to wait for delays. He even he couldn't believe that he had accepted help from people he didn't know to find Eggman's base. But for him the safety of his family is the main thing, so he would do anything and even do things that he does not usually do at any time to ensure his safety at all times.

As you kept waiting they began to remember the event that brought them to this dimension. Shadow remembered when he came home and it was empty, with signs that someone was there and there was a fight. He couldn't find Rouge, Rutan, Silver, and Jewel anywhere. He knew who would be the only person capable of attacking them, without fear of the possible consequences. So he quickly left his home to go after Dr. Eggman and rescue them. Luckily Shadow had discovered months before where the evil scientist base was located so it took him a while to get there to rescue his family and make Eggman pay for what he did.

Upon reaching the base, before he could enter it he had to destroy several robots that were patrolling, and he did it quickly before they launched the alert of his presence inside the base. Also in the process he had destroyed the exterior security cameras so that he could not be seen either. It was not a difficult job since in less than 5 minutes he managed to finish that part of the work, since it was not the first time that he did that, and he was sure that it would not be the last either. But this was not the time to think about how many times he would have to defeat him in any future battle.

Just when they were about to enter, he heard a noise and turning around he found Sonic, Tails and Knuckles who had just arrived there. Shadow inadvertently asked them what he was doing there, and they explained that Eggman had kidnapped their families and they were coming to rescue them. After Shadow explained that he came to do the same, they entered the base together, while agreeing that they should each do to achieve a rescue and quick escape. Since he had located an exit that could serve them, since it was a blind spot from the security cameras. Once they agreed on what they would do, they went their separate ways.

Sonic would be in charge of being the distraction, while Shadow would rescue the kidnapped. He first was able to locate his wife and his three children. Which were locked in a glass cage. He used a Spin Dash and destroyed it. After a brief explanation that they weren't the only ones kidnapped, he asked them to stay hidden, until he went looking for them to escape all together. Once he took a separate path he found that Eggman and his robots had the other three girls and boys in the same room as them. But luckily Sonic was already distracting him, so the part of him would be easy.

Shadow was successful in all of the rescues, as neither Eggman nor his robots noticed when he released Amy, Cosmo, and Tikal, and their respective children. Once two of the girls and four of the boys were reunited with their husbands and fathers respectively; Shadow, agreed with Tails and Knuckles to help Sonic defeat Eggman and retrieve the emeralds. Amy and Speed went with him as they couldn't leave their respective husband and father alone. Shadow had no choice but to accept that they came, since he was not going to argue with them about staying hidden, since it would be a long talk that he was not willing to have at that time.

After they leaped into battle, and Eggman made a thick mist appear throughout the room, taking advantage of that, he began to activate the device to send his enemies to another dimension, but without noticing Rouge had entered that room without nobody noticed and she was the one who attacked Eggman to release the emeralds. Shadow could notice that the emeralds began to glow thanks to the chaos energy. But he could not take them since Eggman's robots stumbled in a nearby place and he did not want to draw their attention, but unknowingly they pressed the button that ended up turning on the device. The last thing Shadow could see at that moment was the white glow that completely surrounded him.

When he woke up he was in one of the alleys of the city of Zootopia. And along with him was only his baby daughter Jewel. She began to cry because she was scared, and since Shadow did not want to attract anyone's attention, she ran at super speed taking her daughter to leave that city without anyone seeing him and thus calm her away from the presence of the inhabitants of the city.

Although Shadow was a person who practically didn't seem to show a soft side to anyone. He did know how to calm Jewel when she was sad or scared and he was an expert at that, since he did the same with Rutan and Silver when they were her age. Jewel fell asleep in her father's arms. Now that a problem was solved, he now had the problem of finding the rest of his family, and also Sonic and the others. He wondered what kind of dimension he was in, since it was also inhabited by anthropomorphic animals, although they looked different from him and the rest of the mobians on his home planet.

They spent days of intense searching for Shadow to find his wife and two missing children. But since he was alone, he had to take his daughter with him, since she was not going to leave Jewel with any stranger. Fortunately, it didn't take him long to find Rouge, since one night while he was touring the city limits he could see a silhouette flying through the air, and made a sign, which was seen by the bat. When she approached and landed, she gave her husband a tender kiss, she was happy to have been reunited with him. Also when he saw her daughter safe and sound, he took her in her arms and gave her a big hug.

With the two of them, it would now be easier to find Rutan and Silver, since they could take turns being one of them looking for the other two children while the other would take care of Jewel. During the daytime moments Shadow was looking for Rutan and Silver and at nighttime it was Rouge. While in the daytime moments Rouge took care of Jewel and at night it was Shadow. Fortunately it only took them two days to find their two missing children in the other on the borderline on the other side of Zootopia. Now that the family was reunited and everyone was in good shape, they could rest easy and now they would only have to focus on finding the other mobians, wherever they were at the moment.

After meeting with his entire family, Shadow noticed something strange and that is that he could feel a certain chaos energy coming from both his wife and his three children, which they did not have before reaching this dimension. That was only possible if they had absorbed some of the energy while they were teleported. If it was true, that means that the others must also be the same, so Shadow began in the following days he began to try to visit the nearby places to find out if they had also reached that city. But he could never find them. He assumed that they would be in another city or in another country in that universe.

After not having found them, they had to get used to their stay in that universe while he tried to locate the chaos emeralds and the master emerald to be able to return home. Since it had no fixed place, they found a cave where they could spend the night. It wasn't a house, but at least it served as a temporary shelter for the five of them. And to feed themselves they obtained fruits that they found from the trees and obtained water from a river near the cave, so they could stay for the next three months in that place, although they still had the worry of not being able to return home, find the other mobians. And for Eggman to hang around and get the emeralds.

A few days ago, after three months of having reached this dimension, they had been prowling the city of Zootopia, to see if they found the smallest clue of something that could help them locate. When in the same alley in which Shadow and Jewel had appeared, they could see a robbery where three assailants were holding a male cheetah tightly. Two of the assailants had pistols pointed at the Cape Buffalo in front of them, while the last had a knife pointed at the cheetah's throat. They knew they could not leave them so Shadow, Rouge and Silver (the latter at his insistence went to help), while Rutan stayed to take care of Jewel.

It was easy to defeat them, as Shadow used his speed to make the assailants drop their pistols and knife, and pushed the cheetah away from the last assailants, placing him next to the cape buffalo. Then Silver used telekinesis to take the weapons out of range of the attackers. And finally Rouge taking advantage of the darkness of the night launched a kick to make the assailants fall to the ground, unconscious. Once they finished getting rid of the assailants, they were about to leave, when they heard the voice of the cheetah telling them not to leave, and saw the Cape Buffalo approach them so they could get a closer look at their rescuers.

This is how Bogo and Clawhauser met Shadow, Rouge and Silver, and during their presentation they knew instantly that they were a couple, since the Cape Buffalo introduced the cheetah as his boyfriend while taking their hand and thanking them for saving them, then they would see to Rutan carrying his adoptive younger sister Jewel and they also introduced themselves. Although something that made the couple uncomfortable was that almost all the rescuers were half naked, with the exception of the girls. At one point they thought they were part of the naturalist club "The Mystic Spring Oasis", but when they looked at them they did not seem to be from the city. And they didn't seem to be lost either. As it was late, Bogo asked them to accompany him, since there were things he wanted to know about them and since he was the police chief, he wanted to know what the men were doing around town with almost no clothes on.

Shadow and Rouge told them that at the moment they were too busy with something and could not go with them, so they made a sign to Silver and he used his telekinesis to stop the buffalo and the cheetah from stopping them. Before leaving the alley, Rouge turned and told them that they would see them the next day, that for the moment they would take those three assailants to jail. After that the five left and when they were far enough away, Silver stopped using his telekinesis so that Bogo and Clawhauser could move again.

Returning to the present, Shadow could not believe all the things that had happened in the last three months, he never believed that an identical situation similar to the one that his wife lived 22 years ago would repeat itself again. He just hoped that when this is resolved, it will be the last time they experience something like this. Since interdimensional travel was enough for everyone. Not two, not three.

Just at that moment the black hedgehog and the white bat watching as the agency vehicles approached their position.

"Well, Shadow, for the reinforcements arrived" said Rouge.

"Unnecessary reinforcements" said Shadow crossing his arms.

Rouge just black with her head mentally saying "You never change."

Notes:

Well, so far the chapter. I hope you liked it and leave your comments.