Actions

Work Header

If We Have Each Other

Chapter 7

Notes:

TW // past rape sexual assault torture abuse

Sorry for the long wait, I hope you like the chapter, the first portion has some heavy stuff in it.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Strong hands pinned Hwanwoong face down as an alpha he trusted violated him. His body hurt, it felt like it was on fire. His tears long since dried as his mind tried blanking but he was still very present, still very much aware of those, who he thought were his friends, using him for their own pleasure. 

 "You're so pretty," one of the alpha's whispered into his ear. New tears finally sprung but Hwanwoong kept his mouth shut. Any noise from him led to pain, to them slapping him, biting him, burning and cutting him. He didn't want more pain, he just wanted it to be over.

"What are we going to do with him?" Someone asked. At this point he couldn't distinguish voices anymore, all blurring into the same one yet still having a slight difference. 

"No way he'll stay quiet," another said. "We should just kill him."

This made Hwanwoong panic, he screamed, not caring if he got punished. He needed to escape, he didn't want to die. This wasn't how his life was going to end, in a dark room surrounded by alphas who only ever saw him as something they could take and have.

His own screaming woke him up. Someone's arms were around him, fuelling his panicking mind. He kicked and punched, trying to get free and not stopping until he fell out of bed. The lights came on and Hwanwoong realised he was in Dongju's room. The alpha was in bed, rubbing his shoulder. At the door was Dongmyeong and Giwook, both looking concerned.

"Is everything ok?" Dongmyeong asked as Giwook went to Hwanwoong. Yonghoon, Harin, Hyungu and Keonhee soon turned up. 

Hwanwoong curled up, there were too many alphas in the room. He was too aware of them. His body was shaking, the memories feeling fresh in his mind. 

"Tell them to leave," he muttered frantically, his eyes on Giwook. Giwook was safe, Giwook wouldn't hurt him. Not like the alphas possibly could.

"Everyone?" Giwook asked.

"Except Keonhee," another safe person.

"Keonhee-hyung, come here, everyone else needs to leave."

The pressure in the room lessened as the alphas left but when Hwanwong felt Dongju moving away he felt a sudden jolt of panic, he didn't want his alpha to leave. He didn't know when he started seeing Dongju as his but he was. He was Hwanwoong's alpha which meant he could protect him. He wouldn't hurt Hwanwoong like the others possibly could because they were bonded.

"Dongju," he said weakly, looking at the alpha before he could leave the room. Dongju paused and looked back at him, uncertain and concerned. 

"Do you want him to stay?" Keonhee asked gently. Hwanwoong nodded. Dongju made his way over, kneeling down beside the omega. Hwanwoong jumped at him, wrapping his arms around him and burying his face in the crook of the alpha's neck. He cried, letting everything out as Dongju held him close. 

"You'll always protect me right?" Hwanwoong asked through his sobs.

"Of course," Dongju promised. "I'm your alpha, I'll protect you."

Hwanwoong believed him, because through their bond he could feel the alpha was genuine in his feelings. Being close to Dongju helped calm Hwanwoong down. Though the memories still felt so strong, it felt like the bond was fighting them away. Lessening the pain they caused until Hwanwoong stopped crying and just curled up into Dongju's lap. 

"Hwanwoong, do you want to talk about what happened?" Dongju asked softly. 

"It was a nightmare," Hwanwoong answered quietly, curling up more. "Of memories, of why I'm broken."

"You're not broken, you know I'll never see you as such. Whatever happened to you, it wasn't your fault."

"I trusted them," new tears formed. "I thought they were my friends. They were always so nice to me that I didn't even think they would ever hurt me. I was barely aware of what sex was. They used me, because they could, because I was weak. And if I dared to make a noise they punished me."

"You don't need to keep going," Dongju ran his fingers through Hwanwoong's hair, soothing the omega.

"You need to know. I need you to know, before our bond is too strong to safely break," Hwanwoong insisted. "So please, just listen."

"Ok, I'm listening."

"My body is littered in scars, they kept biting me, punching me, slapping me, burning me, cutting me," Hwanwoong gripped Dongju's shirt tightly. "And they had planned to kill me, when they were done. When I was ruined, just a husk of myself they said they should just kill me and I panicked, I screamed. I didn't want to die. It didn't matter how much I hurt, how much it burned, how empty I felt, I didn't want to just die like that. They tried shutting me up, but thankfully someone heard me. I was saved. It took months for me to recover, I was even institutionalised at one point because I just couldn't handle it. I got better, but it still haunts me so much. I don't know if I could ever completely give myself to you. You need to know that because I don't want you to be stuck with me."

"Hwanwoong," Dongju murmured softly, cupping the omega's cheek and getting him to look up. "I would never see myself as being stuck with you. Even if you can't give me yourself entirely, I'll take whatever you can give. I really like you. I promise, I'll be as patient as you need me to be."

Hwanwoong bursted into tears, overwhelmed by the alpha's words. He believed them, truly. He knew Dongju wasn't lying and was sincere in his promise. 

"My alpha," he sobbed into Dongju's chest as arms held him tightly and securely. 


Dongju could feel his heart breaking as the crying omega in his arms. He couldn't believe that someone could suffer so much but it made him feel like he understood Hwanwoong more. Why the omega felt so broken, why he felt Dongju should just break their bond. Not that the alpha had any plans to. He felt nothing but love for Hwanwoong, he wanted to stay with his true mate. Through the bad and the good, no matter what. He wasn't about to leave just because of the horrible things that happened in Hwanwoong's past. 

Hwanwoong began quieting down and soon the omega was asleep in Dongju's arms. Keonhe and Giwook were still in the room, both crying quietly. Dongju stood up, carefully picking Hwanwoong up with him and took him to the bed to lie him down.

"I never knew he went through that much," Keonhee said, his voice cracking. He sniffled as he wiped away tears.

"He would always downplay what happened to him. He never told me the full story, I only knew that it was a few alphas who held him down and… I always thought it was similar to what happened to me, except I got saved a lot quicker because Geonhak-hyung found me," he explained. "I can't believe he was hurting this much, that he was holding so much in."

"He's lucky to have you as his true mate, Dongju. I don't know many alphas that would be so willing to accept all this. I'm glad he has you, that he's accepting you to be around even after a nightmare," Giwook said. 

"Yeah, he normally pushes all alphas away. He can't handle their energy," Keonhee added. "Stay with him. Still a few hours until morning and then I'll take him home. I should go let Seoho-hyung and Geonhak-hyung know he's ok, they probably sensed his distress."

The two omegas left, leaving Dongju in a pool of uncertainty as he looked down at Hwanwoong. There was a fear inside of him growing, that now he knew everything, that the omega would leave him completely. That Hwnwoong wouldn't be able to handle being with Dongju now the alpha knew everything. Dongju could only hope for the best when Hwanwoong woke up in the morning. He got into bed beside his omega and covered them both with the doona. Hwanwoong rolled over and moved closer to Dongju.

"I'll protect you for as long as you let me," Dongju whispered, holding Hwanwoong close and kissing the top of his head. 

In the morning, Hwanwoong was still in Dongju's arms, sleeping peacefully. The alpha brushed hair out of the omega's face, Hwanwoong's eyelids fluttered open and he stared up at Dongju.

"Hey," he said softly, voice hoarse from sleep and crying earlier.

"Hey," Dongju smiled.

"I'm sorry," Hwanwoong muttered as he looked down. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I feel like I do. I have this overwhelming feeling of guilt and I just don't understand why you would want to be with me."

Dongju gently grabbed Hwanwoong's chin and forced him to look up.

"Because I really like you. You're my true mate, the one I'm meant to be with and I want to be your alpha. What happened to you, I hate that you will be forever haunted by those memories but I hope that maybe I will be able to lessen the pain by being here for you," Dongju leaned down and kissed Hwanwoong softly. The omega let out a small whimper as he held onto Dongju's shirt tightly, pressing against the alpha's lips as they kissed. 

Dongju could feel their bond strengthening as they kissed, as Hwanwoong accepted him more and more by every passing moment. Hwanwoong was the first to pull away, breathing deeply as he stared up at Dongju.

"You are my alpha," he murmured. "I trust you, more than I thought I would. It scares me a little."

Hwanwoong placed his hand flat against Dongju's chest, over his beating heart.

"You're my true mate, you would never hurt me… right?"

"I could never. I'll protect you until my dying breath," Dongju promised, placing his hand over Hwanwoong's. Something within their bond shifted, strengthening with an absolute feeling, making them both gasp. 

"There's no turning back now," Hwanwoong murmured. Their bond was strong, near unbreakable now.

"I'm ok with that," Dongju smiled. Hwanwoong looked uncertain but soon smiled back before leaning up and kissing Dongju.

Notes:

Thank you for reading 💜