Actions

Work Header

Stardust with Feelings

Summary:

Kim Geonhak is a personal trainer. He's big, scary, and likes Hello Kitty. A hopeless romantic, Geonhak is searching for his other half. His reason to breathe. His dream boy.

Of course that dream boy just had to be the twin brother of the office manager at work.

This story begins right after Kittenfisher chapter 6, An Even Split.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: The Walk of Shame

Chapter Text

Awkward, yet satisfied. That was a feeling Geonhak was used to. He slipped his shoes on next to Dongmyeong’s door and waited for the younger man to bid him farewell. All he got was a smirk and a raised eyebrow. “What?” Dongmyeong scoffed. “You want me to kiss you goodbye? Get going. I’ve got stuff I want to do today. Go.” Geonhak would never admit it to the fiery redhead, but a kiss would have been nice.

Geonhak dropped into the driver’s seat of his car and started the engine. It caught and purred, and he pulled away from the curb outside Dongmyeong’s apartment building, headed off towards his own. Geonhak’s finger jabbed the power button on the car’s radio just in time to catch Stray Kids chatting on some morning K-pop radio program. He only half-listened as he drove, thinking about his roommate. Seoho had been gone the night before, out working, but Geonhak knew his absence wouldn’t be lost on the taxi driver. A walk of shame after a one-night stand was easy for Geonhak to deal with. But a walk of Seoho making fun of him? That was going to take some effort to tolerate.

Geonhak parked in the ramp outside the enormous apartment building and shut the car off. Seoho’s blue Hyundai was in its usual place in the parking ramp, but that didn’t necessarily mean he hadn’t gone out on a walk or something. Geonhak locked his car and headed for the door. He always parked on the third level of the ramp so that he wouldn’t have to climb the stairs. Lazy? Maybe a little. As a personal trainer, most of his life was devoted to working out. He could afford to be a little lazy sometimes.

The building was a new construction, all pure white modern concrete in a stucco pattern on the outside, with light taupe walls in the hallways inside. Geonhak made his way to the apartment he shared with Seoho and pulled his keys out of his pocket by the lanyard necklace they were attached to, his fingers wrapped around a silky material printed with Hello Kitty faces. Seoho had given it to him as a joke on his birthday. The joke was on him; Geonhak liked Hello Kitty.

The smell of lemon assaulted him as he entered the apartment. “Are you cleaning?” Geonhak asked the empty room as he toed his shoes off on the rug by the door. He picked them up and set them on the rack.

“How’d you know?” Seoho’s melodic voice carried from the bathroom down the hall.

“Because it smells like a lemon’s anus in here.” Geonhak plugged in the blender and set about making himself a green smoothie. “Did you clean your bedroom, too?”

“I did,” Seoho said, approaching from behind. “Who did you fuck last night, Caveman?”

“Dongmyeong,” Geonhak sighed. He dropped several chunks of ice into the blender. 

“God, seriously?” Seoho cried as Geonhak added ingredients. “You guys work together.”

“I know,” Geonhak mumbled. He hesitated before peeling a banana and slicing it in half, dropping both halves into the blender.

“You’re going to see him at work tomorrow,” Seoho continued.

“I know,” Geonhak repeated, louder this time. 

“Won’t that be awkward? I mean, now that you’ve seen each other naked-”

“Seoho!” Geonhak wailed. 

“Seoho what?”

Geonhak sighed. “Seoho-hyung. It won’t be awkward. It was a one-time thing. We both understand that. We agreed on that. Besides, I saw him naked before last night.” He pulsed the blender, crushing up the ice in the bottom.

“Well, yeah,” Seoho said, hopping up to sit on the counter. “You saw him naked, online. As far as that goes, I thought your favorite camboy was Ravn.”

“Ravn’s barely online anymore,” Geonhak said as he poured his smoothie into a glass. “I don’t think I’ve seen him broadcast, or even work one-on-one calls in a couple of weeks. Dongmyeong paid me half of what he got when we were streaming last night. I’d say that’s a benefit. And he let me keep my dignity. He used my internet name and I kept my face covered. It was fun. We had a good time. Plus, he makes a damn good breakfast.”

“Do you like him?” Seoho teased. Geonhak glared at him over his glass of green sludge. “Oh, come on. I’m your best friend! Tell me!”

“I don’t like him,” Geonhak replied after he swallowed a mouthful of his smoothie. It was more bitter than he wanted. He should have added more almond milk, but it would have to do. “Not romantically, anyway. He’s a good friend, and the sex was-” Geonhak paused. “I’m not tellng you about the sex I had last night.”

“And I appreciate that.” Seoho hopped off the kitchen counter. “If you need me, I’m playing Dravenia.”

“Right."

Geonhak flopped onto the plush brown sofa in the living room. It was technically Seoho’s, but they both lived there and Geonhak had done most of the work of getting it through the door. He took out his phone and opened Tinder. He was looking for love, but finding a boyfriend was mentally and emotionally exhausting. Tinder was the easiest, least taxing way to do it, even though most of the men he found were just looking for a quick fuck.

Geonhak was picky. He swiped left a lot. Yonghoon, a handsome bisexual robotics major at SNU? Stunning and smart. Right-swipe. Jungmin, his 30-year-old married-with-kids client from the fitness center? God, no. How embarrassing. Hard left-swipe. He carried on like this for a few minutes, answered a couple of messages, and got all flustered when Yonghoon matched with him. Geonhak, despite his imposing size, was shy. He’d let Yonghoon start the conversation, just like he did with all the other boys. Youngjo hadn’t been active in over a week. That was Ravn’s real name. They’d matched with each other and talked for a while, and then Youngjo just disappeared on him. Maybe he found someone. Good for him if he did.

There were always random Western guys trying to hook up while on vacation in Seoul. Geonhak swiped right on a few of them. He was a romantic, but he’d settle for getting off once or twice if that was all he could have. Still, Geonhak was in the market for a boyfriend. He wanted to keep looking. He checked his own profile instead, looking for anything he could improve.

 

Geonhak, 23

Seoul, South Korea

Fully-employed personal trainer, pretty impressive cook, hopeless romantic. Gay. Not as scary as I look. The perfect guy to take home to Eomma and Appa, or sneak in through the bedroom window at midnight. ;)

 

Geonhak’s photos included a nice-looking selca, a picture in the mirror at work, and a photo with Seoho and Dongmyeong at a bulgogi restaurant. It showed that he was handsome, hard-working, and playful, all in one package. So… why was he still single?