Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-09-02
Updated:
2023-01-09
Words:
51,667
Chapters:
13/?
Comments:
200
Kudos:
591
Bookmarks:
68
Hits:
16,087

What Happens In Vegas...

Chapter 12: Chapter 12

Summary:

Things are....heating up

Notes:

Thank you guys for sticking with me on this. I do apologize for the delay in posting. I am working on the story as much as possible and promise to get it finished at some point.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Once they were free of the bar Maura clutched Jane's hand in both of hers and kept close to her as they hurried back towards the elevators.

They were both just the right amount of tipsy and handsy as they waited for the elevator doors to close. As soon as they found themselves all alone Jane gently pressed Maura against the wall of the elevator and lifted a hand to her jaw to bring her in for a blinding kiss. Maura hummed into her lips, pulling Jane as close to her as she possibly could with an arm that snaked around her shoulders.

When the elevator dinged and the doors opened on their floor, it took just a moment for them to realize they should be moving. Maura pulled back and nudged Jane towards the doors, it took a second for her to figure out what was happening, but she reached her arm out just in time to keep the doors from closing. She grabbed Maura’s hand and pulled her out of the elevator and towards their room.

As soon as the door to the room was closed behind them, they were kissing again. This time Jane had her back pressed into a wall with Maura holding her in place with her body and pressing slow deep kisses to her lips. Maura’s lips were making Jane feel even more buzzed than she really was.

They eventually made their way over to the bed with Maura leading the charge for the most part, with Jane as a very active participant.

The back of Jane’s knees hit the bed and she sat down, taking a few moments to just look up at Maura. “You’re beautiful” she smiled at her and looped an arm around Maura’s waist to pull her in to stand between her knees.

Maura looked down at her, her forearms resting on Jane’s shoulders. She reached up to push some of Jane’s curly hair out of her face before cupping her jaw. “You are stunning” Maura replied gently as Jane turned her head to press a soft kiss to Maura’s palm.

Maura moved then to straddle Jane’s lap, a knee on the bed on either side of Jane’s body. Jane’s hands came up to grasp Maura’s hips as she looked up at her. She took a deep breath and finally voiced a concern that had been plaguing her mind. “I don't really know what I’m doing,” she breathed, her voice sounding just a little shaky as one of her hands came up to run over the skin of Maura’s back under her shirt.

Maura’s hands moved to cup Jane’s cheeks and tilted her head up so she could look at her. She leaned in to press a kiss to Jane’s lips then rested her forehead on Jane’s “You have nothing to worry about.” Maura promised pressing a soft kiss to her cheekbone. “It’s you and me,” she pointed out “there isn't anything we haven't been able to do together.” She pressed a kiss to Jane’s forehead. “It doesn't have to be perfect, we have nothing but time to learn and grow together. But” —she pulled back just a little bit to smile at Jane— “I have a sneaking suspicion we will be extremely good at this.”

“Oh?” Jane grinned leaning in to press her lips to Maura’s, her hand bunching up the fabric of her shirt and starting to pull it up, “Is that a guess Dr. Isles?” She teased for the second time today, as the fabric in her hands was pulled away from Maura’s body and dropped onto the floor.

“No,” Maura whispered with a tiny shake of her head and a soft smile pulling at her lips “A working hypothesis.” she corrected with a feather light kiss to Jane’s jaw. “One I intend to do full and complete research to prove.” she promised as she reached down to pull Jane’s shirt up over her head. “You care to help me prove my theory correct?” she asked with a lifted eyebrow.

Jane could only nod her head and let out a soft chuckle. “I’ll help you with your research Doctor.” She agreed with another kiss. Her hands coming up to rest on Maura’s ribs, her thumbs stroking the skin just under her bra. “You just have to show me what to do.” She admitted.

“Jane,” Maura breathed, already feeling her body reacting to Jane’s touch. “Don't think about it so much. You’ve done this before, the anatomy is different, but it’s not completely foreign territory.” she explained as she pushed Jane back to lay on the bed. “You know what works for you, so you’re not flying completely blind. Just do what feels natural, and we’ll go from there.” She reached for Jane’s hands and placed them over her chest “I’ll be right here with you the whole time. We can do this” she promised her. “Are you with me?” she asked, looking down at Jane, who was staring at her own hands on Maura’s breasts.

Jane looked up to meet Maura’s eye, looking a little shell shocked already, but nodded. “I'm with you” she promised in a low raspy voice, their noses bumped together a little awkwardly, but still intimate, just before their lips met in a deep kiss.

“Okay.” Maura smiled into their kiss. “Then let me take care of you.” she requested as her hand moved down Jane’s body beneath her and stopped at the button of her jeans.

Jane nodded silently, she wanted this. And she was in Maura’s hands, there was no safer place for Jane than at the receiving end of Maura’s touch.

At Jane’s nod Maura kissed her lips once more before using the nimble fingers of her right hand to unbutton Jane’s jeans. She gave her face a quick visual once over to make sure she was okay before pulling the zipper down as well. “These need to come off” she announced in a low voice as she moved off of Jane’s body to pull at her pants and shimmy them down her body and finally off of her legs.

“You might as well take yours off too, you know while you're up.” came a raspy voice from the head of the bed. Maura just nodded and silently complied, pulling her own pants off, letting them fall onto the floor with Jane’s.

“Well that’s taken care of,” Maura announced as she began her climb back up Jane’s body stopping to press her lips to Jane’s toned stomach, sternum, collar bones and her throat as she reached underneath her to unhook the bra in her way. “Now I need this off.” she informed her as the hooks came undone under Jane’s body and she pulled the straps off her arms.

With the majority of Jane’s skin on display to her, Maura took a moment to look down at her exquisite body in appreciation for a few moments before she leaned back in to press her lips to Jane’s neck and started a path of kisses back down.

Jane’s hands busied themselves running over the smooth skin of Maura’s back and sides as she did her best to lay back and take the touches and kisses Maura was placing over her skin.
She wasn't very good at this part, letting her partner touch her and give her affections that she just had to accept. It tended to make her uncomfortable.

But she noticed, with Muara, she didn't have that same anxious feeling in her chest.

Maura hadn’t intended to do more at this point than get Jane’s clothes off so they could ease into something more intimate. But the mood and Jane’s comfort levels told Maura she could keep going. Which is how she found herself pressing soft kisses across Jane’s collarbones and down her chest over each breast and down her strum.

She was delighted to hear the soft moans and huffy breaths coming from Jane, which she knew meant that Jane was enjoying what she was doing.

Jane was doing her best to control her breathing, she felt like her heart was going to beat out of her chest, and she didn't need Maura noticing and doing something like stopping to check her pulse or heart rate or anything like that. Maura hadn’t even attempted to move her attentions ‘below the belt’ yet and Jane was already withering around under her, more turned on than she could ever remember being.

As Maura’s kisses moved down Jane’s body she was delighted to trace the slightly indented line of Jane’s well defined abs with her kisses and tongue. Her tongue was swirling around Jane’s navel when she felt Jane arch to the side, she looked up to meet Jane’s eye and did it again with a grin that only grew when Jane jerked away again. “Ticklish?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Maaaur” Jane complained with a smile pulling at her lips.

“Sorry,” Maura grinned, not looking sorry at all “I'll continue.” she promised and brought her lips back to Jane’s stomach under her belly button. She slid Jane’s underwear down her hips and let her kick them off as she continued to kiss her way down Jane’s hip.

“Um,” Jane reached down to thread her fingers into blonde hair. “Hey” she called out in a low voice barely above a whisper.

The call was low, but it caught Maura’s ear immediately. She pulled away from Jane’s body at once. “Are you okay?” she asked quickly, moving up to check back in with her. Her eyes searching Jane’s for signs of wanting to stop.

“Yeah,” Jane nodded, pulling Maura in for a kiss to reassure her. “I just - can't” she started.

“Can’t?” she asked concerned “We can stop if you’re uncomfortable.” she assured her, moving to sit up a bit.

“What? No!” Jane shook her head sitting up just a bit to meet Maura's eye “I just can't…. That” she gestured vaguely to her hips with her hand.

“Oh.” Maura thought she understood. “You mean Cuni - “

“Nope!” Jane shook her head as her fingers came up to pinch Maura’s lips shut. “Let's not get all technical about it.”

Maura rolled her eyes at Jane’s immaturity.

“I've just never -” She gestured again and dropped her head back onto the pillows in frustration, she was a grown woman in her mid thirties, she could discuss this no matter how much she hated talking about sex. She took a deep breath to collect herself “In the past, I haven’t enjoyed that when someone has attempted to do it. I can't get...there”

Maura nodded in understanding, sitting up slightly so she could see Jane properly for this conversation. “I understand.” She said easily “If you are uncomfortable with anything we can stop or -”

“No, I don't want to stop'' Jane corrected quickly “I just don't want-” She took another deep breath. “I just don't want to have you do something that I know isn't going to work and…”

Maura thought she knew what was going on. “Okay, we can do something different,” she assured her. “I am happy to let you drive this experience any way you see fit. However, at some point down the line, when you are more comfortable. I would like to circle back to it, just to be sure you don't like it. You know, with someone more knowledgeable about the female anatomy, someone who loves you and who wants to touch you for your pleasure and not their own.” she suggested with a smile.

Maura’s suggestion almost had Jane agreeing to let her do it right then and there. But she was still a bit too nervous to get out of her head about it. She rolled her eyes and nodded at Maura “Sure, give me a little bit to figure things out and if you still want to-” She motioned down with her hands “later, we can try it at some point.”

“That sounds perfect,” Maura agreed easily and leaned forward to press her lips to Jane’s. “I can promise you will enjoy it, when you’re ready” She grinned as she gently pushed Jane back down to lay on her back. “But for now, let's do it like this.” she suggested as she moved up to be more level with Jane’s body and kissed her lips once again.

“I like this,” Jane grinned, her hand coming up to grasp at Maura’s jaw to keep her in place as she deepened the kisses.

Maura kept her attention on the kissing for a few minutes, wanting to give Jane the opportunity to get back into a more comfortable frame of mind. Once she felt Jane become a little more pliant under her, she allowed her hands to start moving down Jane’s body. She wanted to take her time to give Jane’s body the attention it deserved, but she also knew that Jane was anxious about this experience between them and she didn't want to draw it out too long allowing her anxieties to grow again.

Soon Maura’s fingers were dipping between Jane’s legs. Both let out gasps at the feeling of the wetness she found there. She let her fingers explore just a tiny bit to give Jane time to adjust to the fact that she was touching her before speaking up.

“You okay?” Maura asked quietly, her lips pressing to Jane’s jaw.

Jane nodded before she could voice her answer “Y-yes.” she finally got out. Maura's slow unhurried kisses and gentle touch had been doing a great job of working her up. Right now, her nerves and anxieties were the furthest things from her mind. “You should keep going.” she told her leaning up to catch Maura’s lips with her own.

Maura grinned into the kiss moving her body above Jane’s sliding a knee between Jane’s to nudge them further apart. Her fingers continued on in their exploration, pausing for just a moment to orient herself mentally. She located what she was looking for at once, and started to circle her finger around it. She heard the exact moment Jane’s breath caught in her chest and she smiled into the kisses she trailed down her jaw and neck.

“Fuck, Maur” Jane breathed out her hand gripping at Maura’s back tightly, her hips already jerking up towards Maura’s hand.

Maura let her fingers trail down to press one inside Jane slowly, experimentally, wanting to see what worked best for her. She kept her rhythm slow to start out, paying close attention to Jane’s reactions.

Jane had gone mostly nonverbal, but Maura could tell by the change in her breathing and heart rate and the way her body was pressing into her own and lifting to meet her hand, that this was very much working for Jane.

Maura completely removed her finger for just a moment before replacing it with two and sped up her thrusts as she listened to Jane’s low moans and paid attention to her body’s cues.

“Holy shit,” Jane moaned out her head dropping back onto the pillows below her “Maur” she groaned as she felt her body starting to tense up very tightly very quickly. She leaned her head to the side to capture Maura’s lips in a blinding kiss at the same time Maura’s fingers curled upwards on their next thrust and Jane saw stars, literally. She had her eyes closed so tightly she could see random flashes of light behind her eyelids.

Maura could feel Jane’s body stiffen and writhe below her, and she loved it. She focused her attention on Jane’s neck with her lips once she had her lips ripped away from her’s with a moan. Jane’s moans and whimpers were getting quicker and she knew she was getting close, with a single curve of her fingers to heighten her pleasure, she felt the orgasm take over her body.

Maura helped her ride it out, her lips moving over Jane’s skin as she waited for Jane to come back around. Once she could, she removed her fingers to keep the sensations from being too overbearing. As she did and felt Jane’s body give one last jerk in her direction.

Wanting to give Jane a few extra moments to collect herself she traced her hand slowly back up Jane’s body, letting her fingers glide over curves and edges she couldn't wait to explore further. After circling around one of Jane’s nipples just enough to tease her, smiling when she heard Jane moan lightly at that, she reached up to cup her cheek and leaned into place a slow steadying kiss on Jane’s lips.

“Jesus fucking Christ” Jane breathed out once she finally caught her breath and could focus on something outside of her own body.

Maura just chuckled to herself as she leaned her head on her hand to look down at Jane proudly. She knew it went well, extremely well. But she wasn't going to gloat just yet. She wanted to give Jane the time she needed to figure out her feelings about everything.

Jane cracked one eye open at the sound of Maura’s soft chuckle and rolled her eye “You don't have to look so fucking smug about it,” she grinned and she turned to press her face into Maura’s neck.

Maura laughed at that, her free hand coming up to cup the back of Jane’s head in a hug, before guiding her lips up to her own to kiss her once. “I am very proud of the work I did here, I won't hide that.” she teased Jane just a bit.

“Let’s not pretend that we’re shocked you’re good at sex” Jane complained even as she started pressing Maura’s body down so she was on her back as she moved to lay on top of her. Grinning once she was in place on top of her.

“I am just happy you enjoyed our first sexual foray” Maura pointed out, still looking far too proud of herself.

“You’re so full of shit” Jane chuckled as she leaned in to kiss her again.

Maura just shrugged one shoulder “I think my pride is warranted” she pointed out as she wrapped her arms around Jane’s neck to keep her in place as they continued their kiss. “From what I observed, you do too” she teased Jane once more, she just couldn't help it.

“Alight” Jane shut her up with another kiss, a bit more forceful this time, as her hands slid down Maura’s body, under her back, and easily unhooked her bra.

When Maura felt it loosen around her she leaned back to give Jane an impressed look.

“Oh you can calm down, I've unhooked bras before.” She defended herself. She didn't need Maura teasing her about everything. Even though she had to admit that Maura’s playful attitude was putting her far more at ease with what they were doing and what she was about to do.

Maura laughed lightly at her even as she unwrapped her arms from around Jane and gave her the space she needed to pull the garment away from her body. As she said before, she was letting Jane drive this thing the way she saw fit.

“Okay then,” Maura nodded as Jane pulled her bra away and sat up just enough to look down at her. She noticed Jane’s slightly dazed expression and smirked up at her. “Let me see you do something you haven't done before.”

Oh, Jane Rizzoli never backed down from a challenge, especially not one she was pretty sure she was going to enjoy the hell out of.

Once Maura’s bra was gone Jane couldn't look away. She knew she was staring, but she couldn't help it. She’d never thought she’d be someone who would be this turned on by looking at boobs. But Maura Isles had amazing boobs, so she couldn't say she was that surprised. She’d seen Maura in varying states of undress, whether at the gym or a spa, or even in a dressing room, and there was that one time they had to take a decontamination shower in front of each other —and some random dude— but this was much different. This was way bigger and more meaningful.

“You can touch me you know.” Maura spoke up after Jane sat staring for just a little bit too long. She was smirking up at her letting Jane know she was both enjoying the attention and that it was perfectly fine for Jane to keep looking.

“Oh I plan too.” Jane nodded as she leaned back in to press a kiss to her lips. She moved both of her hands up from Maura’s hips to cover her breasts, and out a quiet moan at the contact.

Maura arched up into Jane’s touch, it was exploratory and soft, she didn't want to rush her or push her along, but even this gentle touch was already very stimulating to her. She knew Jane’s touch would be. They had far too much physical chemistry for it not to be. But even the sensations caused by Jane’s tentative touch were far more exhilarating than she’d expected.

“Jesus Maura,” Jane breathed as she leaned in to press her lips to Maura’s chest “You’re perfect.” she whispered as she started to move her mouth down her throat, hands starting to explore soft curves. Her mouth moved up one breast, over her nipple, tongue flicking out to tease it then across to the other, trying to get her bearings. “Tell me what to do, what feels good.” she requested.

Maura’s hand slid up the back of Jane’s neck to hold her head in place as she arched into another swipe of Jane’s tongue across her nipple. “You’re doing great,” she gasped as teeth were introduced lightly. “really really great” she encouraged fingers sliding into Jane’s hair.

Jane pressed kisses to Maura’s chest for a little while longer, mapping her skin, learning her freckles and birthmarks, before she moved her way down to kiss down to her stomach. She didn't make an attempt to kiss any lower than Maura’s belly button, but did enjoy the goosebumps and breathy giggles that came from above her when she pressed soft kisses to her navel.

Maura’s body was so different than anyone’s she’d ever been with, obviously. The soft skin and full curves were pulling kisses from Jane at every new inch she discovered. She wanted to give each body part the attention and affection it deserved, which wasn't something she’d ever considered doing with any other partner she’d had. Usually things were very task oriented for her in bed; get in and get it done —so to speak— but with Maura she found she was enjoying the journey of discovering her body almost as much as she enjoyed being touched by Maura a few minutes before.

This was all very new to her —but it wasn't, at the same time. She’d been in bed with someone before, the only difference here was physical, not the actual act — so before she got too deep into her own thoughts on the experience she figured she better actually get to it, so she could get it under her belt.

So with a deep breath resolving herself to doing this to the best of her abilities, she reached her left hand down Maura’s body, letting her fingers brush gently over soft skin.

Maura felt her hand trembling just a bit so she reached out to rest a palm on Jane’s cheek.
“Just breathe” she whispered. “Breathe and do what feels natural. Whatever has worked for you, I'll let you know if something is wrong or isn't working.”

Jane nodded and finally let her fingers fall between Maura’s legs, gasping at the wetness she found there. She let her fingers feel around for a few moments before moving with more intent. She brought her fingers up, trying her best to figure out how Maura’s body resembled her own, and doing what she thought she would enjoy herself.

When she found the small bundle she was looking for she gave it an experimental circling with her finger, surprised by the way Maura gasped and arched her hips up towards her.

Gaining more confidence from that reaction, she allowed her fingers to move in various patterns paying attention to Maura’s reactions to try and figure out what worked and what didn't. Eventually she moved her fingers down and looked up to meet Maura’s eye, seeking confirmation that she was doing the right thing and that she was ready to move this along.

Maura nodded, she was more than ready for this. Jane’s tentative, experimental movements had been building her up slowly over the last few minutes and she was ready for them to start working together for a release.

Jane took her cues from Maura as she pressed her fingers in slowly, biting her bottom lip to keep from moaning at the feeling of Maura around her. As she pulled her finger back out she began to vary her rhythm and angles, listening to and feeling the ways that Maura’s body reacted to her.

Jane was a quick learner and picked things up quickly when she tried them. She’d always been that way, a natural at most things. And as it turned out sex, with a woman, or more specifically Maura was one of those things she was good at.

Once she had an understanding of what she was doing and a loose understanding of what worked for Maura, she leaned up to kiss her lips once, smirked when Maura had to pull away and let out a low moan at a particularly deep thrust. “Jane” she moaned, gasping onto her shoulder. “I need you to use your finger..” she breathed out.

“I am using my fingers” Jane pointed out with a low raspy chuckle.

Maura arched up and reached out to smack her arm lightly. “Not those fingers. I need you to stimulate my cli-”

Jane shushed her with another kiss “We have got to work on your bedroom talk.” She informed her with an eye roll, but her position shifted so she could fulfill Maura’s request.

It only took a moment for her to realize she was more than capable of doing what Maura asked with just the same hand, and her thumb moved to press on then circle her clit.

“Yes,” Maura moaned when she felt Jane’s thumb on her clit, “Right there.” she requested feeling her body starting to approach her orgasm.

But then Jane’s hand moved a fraction of an inch. “No. To the left,” she requested her hand grasping Jane’s shoulder harder now. “Y- YOUR left” she corrected the move in the wrong direction.

Jane shook her head, amused at how demanding Maura could be, but kept up her movements until she felt the body below hers start to stiffen up. She looked down to see the most beautiful look on Maura’s face.

Maura’s body was finally releasing the tightened coil that had been building inside of her from the first moment Jane began to touch her. She let out a low moan in her throat, as she turned her face to press into Jane’s neck as her hips moved in time with the moving fingers for just a few more moments, until she finally slumped back down on the bed below her. Jane took that as a signal to remove her fingers, and let Maura’s body recover from her orgasm.

Once Maura caught her breath she looped an arm around Jane’s shoulders to pull her in for a slow kiss.

Jane’s smile broke the lazy kiss causing Maura to open her eyes to look at her. “Now I don't want to toot my own horn or anything…” she grinned down at Maura. “But, given your reaction, I have to assume I did an amazing job.”

Maura rolled her eyes but couldn't even argue with her. “You did.” she confirmed turning her head to kiss Jane’s temple “I’m very proud of you.” she told her with a smile.

Jane couldn't keep her smile off her face as she rested her head on Maura’s chest, taking a moment so they could both catch their breaths.

“I think we are going to be really good at this together.” Jane announced in a quiet voice a few minutes later.

“We already are really good at this.” Maura corrected reaching up to run a hand through her hair. “We are going to be phenomenal at this.”

Jane chuckled, kissing Maura’s neck. “Someone’s pretty cocky” she teased.

“No - Just confident in the skills displayed here today.” she assured her “If we were this good the first time, it's only going to get better with practice.” she pointed out. “And, while I hate to repeat myself... given our amazing physical chemistry, which was only confirmed by this experiment, we are in for an amazing sex life together.”

“Okay first, don't call what we just did an experiment.” Jane insisted. “And second, I completely agree” she told her with a kiss to her lips to emphasize her point.

Maura laughed at that “Sorry Dear” she patted Jane’s back, before pulling her in a little closer in a hug. “I love you.” she told her in a gentle voice that made Jane’s skin on her arms get goosebumps, as she placed a soft kiss to her forehead.

“I love you too Maur” Jane answered with a smile as she pressed an answering kiss to Maura’s chest.

Jane took a deep breath after that, and let it out, feeling her entire body relax into Maura’s embrace. It felt good to feel this comfortable in her arms, safe. Like she was supposed to be here this whole time.

Maura felt Jane’s body relax on top of hers and smiled to herself as she reached next to them and pulled the sheets up over Jane’s body to cover them. Her hand returning to Jane’s back to hold her close, enjoying the intimacy flowing between them. Loving the feeling of being this close to Jane for the first time and getting more and more happy about the fact that she was going to be able to do this whenever she wanted from here on out.

Notes:

Thank you for reading! I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments sections.