Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-09-02
Updated:
2023-01-09
Words:
51,667
Chapters:
13/?
Comments:
200
Kudos:
591
Bookmarks:
68
Hits:
16,088

What Happens In Vegas...

Chapter 10: Chapter 10

Notes:

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay in posting. I started back at work recently and as it turns out I don't have nearly as much time for writing as I would like. Between getting my schedule normalized again after being on furlough for 7 months and dealing with all the craziness work has brought to me, I burned through my pre-written chapters pretty quickly which I was hoping I would be able to keep turning them out to stay ahead of the posting schedule.

The good news is that I fully intend to finish this story, I love it too much to abandon it. I have a LOT of it outlined already so I know where I am going and how I want to get there. I have about 3 or 4 more chapters planned out after this. So if everyone will just bare with me, we will get to the end it might just take a little bit.

The reception to this story has been so much more than I could have ever imagined, and I love reading everyone's reviews so much so I also wanted to thank everyone for the warm reception.

If anyone is interested you can follow me on tumblr under the same user name fabrizzles, I dont post too much, mostly reblogs but I can at least get on there on break or at least once a day or so on mobile.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Maura’s eyes opened slowly in the dark room. It took just a few moments for her to understand her surroundings because it was considerably darker in the room than she expected it to be, which told her she’d been asleep for a lot longer than anticipated. Her thoughts were pulled away from the time when she felt movement at side, she smiled as she felt the body pressed into her own. She didn't care how long she slept if she got to do it cuddled up with Jane. 

The day had been extremely long and stressful for the both of them. Maura was on high alert from the time she woke up either hungover, or still drunk, she still hadn’t decided yet. She was pulled into her day faster than she wanted to be and was never able to stop and catch her breath, as soon as she was settled into her first lecture of the day Jane dropped the bomb. They got married the night before while drunk. While this wasn't quite a disaster to Maura, she was less than pleased to see Jane’s reaction. Which sent her day into a third gear of stress. Sure it really only took a few hours for them to clear everything up, but that stress had taken its toll on her. And was likely the reason she’d slept so much longer than she’d planned to. Looking up at Jane who was still sleeping, she knew it had to be the same for her. 

There was still a lot to figure out, but they were at least on the same page now. It no longer felt like they would lose everything they’d built together no matter how it turned out, which was so comforting. 

She felt Jane starting to stir against her and felt her smile start to grow as the movement highlighted just how wrapped up in each other they really were. 

One of her own hands was clutching Jane’s side, somehow having drifted under her shirt. The warmth and softness of her skin mixed with the firmness of her abdominal muscles was very pleasing to Maura. Her face was pressed into the crook of Jane’s neck, taking in her scent with each breath, which was both pleasing and very comforting to her. 

Jane had both arms tightly wrapped around Maura holding her closely against her body. One hand holding on to her hip and the other arm, the one Maura was laying on -that must have been numb by now- was draped up her spine with Jane’s fingers threaded into the hair at the base of Mauar’s neck. 

It felt good to be able to do this with Jane and to know that even in sleep they gravitated towards each other in a more intense way. This wasn't the first time she’d woken up in the same bed with Jane cuddled around her, but this was the first time it felt possessive and longing. 

She felt Jane’s groan as she woke up vibrating in her chest before she heard it. “Jesus, how long did we sleep?” She asked one hand leaving Maura’s side to rub her face. 

“I don't know,” Maura answered honestly, her fingers flexing at Jane’s side as she felt her muscles moving under her hand. “I’d intended to take a thirty minute nap, but it seems that we both needed a lot more sleep than that. I assume the stress of the day caught up to us.” She explained as she sat up slightly to look over Jane’s body to see the clock. 

“Oh” Maura sounded disappointed as her face pulled into an actual pout. “It's almost ten thirty. We missed dinner” she complained. 

She looked down at Jane with a raised eyebrow when she felt the vibrations of her laughter in her chest. “What?” She asked, confused as to why Jane would be laughing at her. 

“Maur...” Jane chuckled and rubbed her hand up and down her back “It's Vegas baby. We can eat at any time. I'm sure restaurants are open until at least midnight, and the food court never closes. So we have options. We could even order room service if you wanted.” She suggested, making sure Maura knew they had a lot of options. 

“I still want to go on a date with you” Maura decided with a soft smile down at Jane. 

“Okay” Jane nodded with an easy smile, as she laid on her back looking up at Maura, her own arms resting on her stomach. “Let’s go on a date.” She agreed with a nod. 

Jane sat up, which brought her and Maura face to face, and a lot closer than either of them expected. Jane looked over Maura’s face for a few moments, a grin pulling at her own lips when she noticed how quickly Maura’s eyes dilated and her breathing quickened at the proximity. She stared into Maura’s hazel eyes for a few moments, doing what she could to keep her own body from closing the distance between them. Instead of kissing Maura she did the next best thing, teased her best friend. 

“I'll give you fifteen minutes to get ready” Jane told her, a mischievous grin on her face as she got up off the bed and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her, letting the bomb drop behind her. 

It took Maura a moment to process Jane’s words, as her whole body stopped functioning when Jane’s was only millimeters away from her own. But as soon as the bomb dropped Maura gasped “Wait! Jane!” She complained as she stood up and moved to knock on the bathroom door. 

“Fourteen now” Jane called back through the door knowing Maura would panic at that. 

Groaning out loud Maura went over to the closet to pick an outfit that would be date appropriate. After taking far too long trying to decide, she finally picked a dress she’d packed for a lecture, but without a jacket it would be great for their date. 

“Ready yet?” Jane teased as she exited the bathroom a few minutes later. She was enjoying the panic she instilled in Maura by giving her a time limit to get ready. She did it all the time at home, only because she found it adorable when Maura got all wide eyed and started rushing around. She never actually followed through with her threats, but watching a frazzled Maura was so entertaining. 

“No! Stop it.” Maura insisted as she hurried past Jane to get into the bathroom. Jane just laughed at her as she went to look over her own clothes options.

Maura quickly did what she could with her make up, and decided to pull her hair up into a stylish but simple updo as she didn’t have time for anything else. Once it was up she pulled her dress on and put a few finishing touches on her makeup. “Hopefully I look presentable enough.” she called out, clearly annoyed, as she came out of the bathroom. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Jane hopping on one foot to put her heels on. “You look great.” she grinned at her. 

“Thank you” Jane smiled and looked up when she finally got her shoes on. “You clean up pretty nicely yourself Dr. Isles” she flirted just a little. “Also, you look extremely cute when you get all panicky and start dashing around.” She added with a grin as she moved past Maura to get back into the bathroom. “If you’ll excuse me, I just need a few minutes to clean up my face and I'll be right with you.” she promised. 

Maura chucked as they moved passed each other, moving together without effort. “Thank you.” she smiled at Jane’s flirty comments and felt her cheeks heat just a bit when she realized Jane had been teasing her earlier just to get a reaction out of her. Now that she thought about it Jane did it a lot, she wondered then if it was a form of flirting all along. 

True to her word, Jane was out of the bathroom just a few minutes later looking as beautiful as ever. She’d applied a bit of light makeup and somehow managed to tame her slightly wild curly hair. Maura was very impressed that she was able to do it in such a short span of time. She couldn't keep her eyes off Jane as they made their way downstairs hand in hand to find a place for their date to take place.  

“How does Italian sound?” Jane asked as they walked up to the restaurant, it was the first one they’d seen off the elevators but it had a nice looking ambiance and was most importantly still open. 

“Oh, I love Italians” Maura responded straight faced, making Jane lean her head back in laughter. 

“Okay, Isles, and to eat?” Jane tried again. Maura gave her a smirk, eyebrows raised in an unspoken joke.

“This looks lovely.” she finally answered, very happy that they were going to be able to go on a real date in a nice restaurant. 

They were seated fairly quickly as there were only a handful of other people eating in the restaurant when they arrived. 

After wine was brought to the table and their dinner was ordered. They smiled at each other for a few moments and made easy small talk. So far it was going very well. But really it was just like any other time they’d eaten out together. The conversation flowed easily as did the laughter. 

They already knew everything about each other so there wasn't the awkward get to know you conversation, but they still needed to take that final step to push this past normal and too comfortable, and into date territory. 

After thinking about what she would do at this point on a date, Jane smiled at Maura over her wine glass. Maura looked back at her, her head tilted to the side waiting to hear what Jane was suddenly so excited to tell her. 

“What are your moves?” Jane asked her.

“What?” Maura asked confused, that wasn’t what she’d expected Jane to ask at all. 

“Your moves,” Jane repeated with a grin “When you’re on a date, and things are going well after the initial small talk, what are your moves to get things to moving in the right direction?”

“Oh,” Maura understood the question now. She thought about it for a few moments before leaning in towards Jane with a smile. “Usually I let them lead the conversation on the first date.” she explained and Jane just chuckled to herself knowing where this was headed. “So I get a feeling for their interests and hobbies, but also so I don't accidentally diagnose them with a disease or talk about dead bodies or stomach contents.” she pointed out even though Jane was already laughing at her. Maura reached out and smacked her arm. 

“Hey!” Jane laughed harder, one hand coming up to shield herself from continuing assault. “But no it’s a great choice. I'm excited you finally stopped doing that.” She explained as she caught her hand as Maura threw another playful smack her way. 

“As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted” she eyed Jane, holding back her own smile. “I listen as they talk about themselves and their interests, nodding along and leaning in, obviously interested in whatever they are saying.” she leaned in as she spoke, proud at herself for incorporating it as she spoke about it. “Then at some point during a laugh or an added comment, I'll reach over to touch their forearm or hand” She explained as her hand landed on Jane’s wrist and stayed there. “Once it's there, I will start patting their arm or rubbing it slightly” She explained as her hand moved up Jane’s forearm lightly then back down to its place on her wrist. 

“No.” Jane shook her head, though she was still smiling “Veto.” 

“What?!” Maura asked, offended “What do you mean ‘veto’?” 

“You do that to me, all the time.” Jane pointed out a growing smile on her face as she realized that without either of them really noticing Maura had been flirting with her in that tiny way for years. 

“Hmm I guess I do” Maura realized as her hand continued to move over Jane’s forearm. She was right, this was pretty standard for them. Maura touched Jane a lot in their day to day interactions. It never occurred to her that it wasn't normal. But she didn't do it with anyone else, ever.  “Well, in that case I guess I need to make an adjustment” she explained as she shifted her hand so that just the tips of her fingers were grazing Jane’s skin lightly. She grinned up at the brunette when she noticed goosebumps rising up on her skin. “Usually my dates have long sleeves on. I've never been on a date with someone who had so much skin available to me.” She flirted just a little more as her fingers danced around Jane’s bare arm. 

Jane felt her cheeks start to heat up and she cleared her throat lightly before nodding “Yeah, that's a good adjustment” 

Maura grinned at herself, happy she was able to affect Jane with such a small adjustment to her approach. “Then finally, usually much later into the date, I'll bring this hand back down to run my fingers over their palm” she explained leaning in even closer to Jane so their shoulders bumped together lightly. 

Jane grinned looking from her hand, where Maura’s fingers danced across her palm, up to meet Maura’s eyes. “I like it,” she nodded “It's simple, yet very effective.” She very much liked the physical attention. 

“What about yours?” Maura asked as she moved her foot to lightly bump against Jane’s ankle. Her flirty smile widened when Jane looked up at her at the touch, she hooked her foot around that ankle and wordlessly waited for Jane’s answer. She didn't need to voice that this was another one of her date moves. 

Jane looked down at her wine glass with a smile on her face. This was so easy with Maura and she loved it. She didn't feel nervous or agitated like she sometimes got on dates, she was just enjoying spending them with her. 

“Well, I don't date that much,” she pointed out unnecessarily  “So I don't have too many moves.” She thought about it for a moment then leaned in towards Maura, her elbow on the table between them. “But if it's going well, I'll lean in to listen, my hand comes up to move my hair away from my face like this” She explained as she held all her hair back and rested her hand on her neck. “It's not much,” she shrugged, a little embarrassed at how small it was. She moved to sit back when Maura reached out to stop her. 

“No.” Maura kept her from moving away by reaching out for her wrist. “That’s extremely effective, you have amazing bone structure.” she told her pulling Jane’s hand towards herself to play with her fingers. “That position highlights your very alluring features.” 

“Alluring?” Jane asked, eyebrows lifted in a mocking gesture. 

Maura rolled her eyes “Sexy Jane. You are very sexy” she spelled it out bluntly, then laughed when Jane blushed.

Jane was saved having to respond to that when their food came out and was placed down in front of them. 

“Can I get you ladies anything else?” the waiter asked when they both had their plates in front of them. “I just wanted to let you know that the kitchen will be closing shortly, there’s absolutely zero rush, so feel free to eat at your leisure. But if you want anything else please let me know in the next ten minutes or so” He explained to them.  

Jane looked up to Maura and then shook her head “I think we will be okay. Thank you” she smiled politely at him. 

“You want to try some of my chicken parm?” She asked Maura once they were alone. “I know you ordered the spinach stuffed shells” She made a face at that that made Maura laugh. “But this is delicious and I think you’ll really like it” Jane explained as she cut a piece and held her fork out giving it a little shake as if to make the offer more enticing. 

Maura eyed the chicken for a moment then looked up at Jane “My food is delicious,” she pointed out defensively. It was, the sauce was great, she was really enjoying it. But Jane’s chicken did look good too. Finally she gave in and agreed “Fine” she agreed as if it were putting her out. 

Instead of taking the offered fork, she leaned forward to take the bite from Jane’s fork. Her eyes met Jane’s briefly before she backed away chewing. “Mmm” she nodded “That is really good.” she agreed with a smile. “Do you want to try my pasta?” she asked Jane with a grin. 

“Absolutely not” Jane shook her head. 

“Jane” Maura complained. “I know you have an aversion to vegetables” she teased just a bit as she gathered a bite on her fork and held it up to Jane for her to try. 

“No” Jane insisted, holding her mouth closed tightly. 

“You are like a child.” Maura complained “If you don't like it you don't have to eat any more of it, but I think you’ll enjoy it.” she promised her offering the fork once more. 

Jane begrudgingly leaned in and took the bite offered to her and chewed slowly, face blank as she tried to decide if she liked Maura’s food or not. “It's not bad” she offered evenly even as a smile pulled at her lips. She didn't want Maura to know just how much she liked it. 

Maura shook her head at Jane’s antics “Okay Jane, well if you want any more, it's right here” she looked down at her plate and then over at Jane’s. 

Jane raised a suspicious eyebrow “Dr. Isles, this offer wouldn't be a rouse just to get more of my chicken parmesan would it?” 

Maura gasped in offense “What? No!” she over sold her disinterest making Jane chuckle at her. She watched Jane laugh at her for a moment before speaking again. “If I wanted more, you’d give it to me. Even if you did dislike my pasta” she insisted with narrowed eyes, daring Jane to disagree with her.

“No. I'm not giving you any more of my chicken.” Jane defended pulling her plate further from Maura and putting an arm between them to keep her away. 

“Jane” 

“Nope, you had your shot Maura” Jane insisted. 

Maura put her own fork down and turned fully to face Jane. “Jane can I please have another bite of your chicken?” she asked in a sweet tone, pouty eyes aimed at Jane. 

“Oh my god!” she complained and slumped forward for a moment. “That's not fair,” she insisted even as she cut a new bite “You can't just look at me like that whenever you want something” 

“Yes I can,” Maura teased with a happy grin before she leaned in and took the offered bite with a triumphant grin at Jane over her fork. “Thank you” she smiled genuinely at Jane for giving in to her request. She loved that Jane already gave in to everything she wanted. She was positive it would be even harder for Jane to say no to her as their relationship had evolved. 

“You’re welcome” she grumbled as she took another bite of her own food. 

Maura just laughed amused at how much Jane pretended to fight it. “You really can have more if you’d like some” she offered “I won't judge you for liking it, and I won't tell anyone.” she promised. “Your secret is safe with me” she offered in a low flirty tone. 

Jane eyed her for a few seconds before reaching her fork over into Maura's bowl and taking another bite. “It actually is really good,” she smiled at Maura. 

“I knew you’d like it” Maura looked proud of herself. 

The rest of their meal flowed easily, between the food, the wine, the conversation and the company they were having an amazing time. 

As they were finishing their last glasses of wine Maura noticed they were the only ones left in the restaurant. “We should go, so they can clean up.” She suggested in a soft voice, smile still on her face from their last shared joke. 

Jane looked up at that and nodded. “Yeah we should” she agreed and requested the check from their waiter, who produced it immediately. They apologized for staying so late and tipped generously before Jane took Maura’s hand and led her out of the restaurant. 

They meandered back up to the room, in no rush to get back, Maura cuddled up to Jane’s side with Jane’s arm around her shoulder as they walked and talked about whatever they saw on their walk back. 

The ride back up to their floor fell a little quiet, they each comfortably leaned against each other watching the floor indicators light up. When the doors opened Maura took Jane’s hand and headed for their room. 

“Hold on,” Jane requested as they approached their door. 

“Did you forget something?” Maura asked looking back at her, ready to head back downstairs. 

“What?” Jane asked confused “No.” she shook her head and reached out to take Maura’s other hand to keep her from walking back the way they came. “Maur, this is the end of the date” she pointed out, and when Maura kept looking at her, waiting for her explanation, Jane rolled her eyes in amusement that she didn’t know where she was going with this. “Usually at the end of a date, if it's going well,” she eyed her for a moment waiting for it to click, but true to Maura’s brand, she waited to have all the facts before reacting. Jane sighed then continued on “Your date will walk you to the door and kiss you on your doorstep.” 

“Oh, yes” Maura nodded a smile pulling at her lips. “I am familiar with this particular dating custom.” she knew where Jane was going with this, but she wanted Jane to get them all the way there. 

“Oh are you?” Jane asked with a sarcastic tone, as she moved closer to the blonde with a flirty smile. “Is that something you would be interested in exploring here?” she asked her. 

The sound of Jane’s raspy voice, which seemed to be even lower than usual, caused a chill to run up Maura’s spine. “It is,” she nodded leaning in even closer to Jane with a matching smile. 

Jane took just a moment to let her eyes drift over Maura’s face before she leaned in the rest of the way to press her lips to Maura’s softly. 

Like the first time Maura kissed her, Jane felt a jolt when her lips pressed against Maura’s but this time she was prepared for it. She brought a hand up to cup the blonde’s cheek as their lips moved together.

A small smile pulled at Maura’s lips as she wrapped both arms around Jane’s neck to pull her in closer, deepening the kiss just a bit. Jane let out a  small gasp when Maura caught her bottom lip between her own, before letting it go. 

Kissing had never really been all that important to Jane. She’d done it enough in previous relationships, if asked, she would say she could take it or leave it . But kissing Maura felt very different, it was exciting, it made her body react in ways she wasn’t used to. But most importantly it felt right,  like coming home. 

She felt safe with Maura and like things were sliding into place for them. She’d been a little worried about this part of their relationship but was quickly finding there wasn’t anything to worry about. Kissing Maura felt right. It felt natural. It felt great!

All too soon, Maura was pulling away. Jane let out a little whimper at the loss of contact which made Maura grin and put a hand up to her chest to push her away lightly. “It's only the first date, Detective.” she pointed out with a sly grin. 

“We are married , Doctor.” Jane reminded her, making Maura laugh. 

“Oh I remember.” she assured her, then made a face. “Well actually I don't remember, but I do know that. “ She promised. “I just think we should take this a little slow don't you?” She asked “I wouldn't want to overwhelm you all at once” she teased with a grin. 

Jane let the little jibe go by and nodded. “You're right. For now.” she nodded.

“Thank you for a perfect date Jane” Maura smiled up at her leaning back into their door. “I think we should do this again sometime,” she joked.

“I agree.” Jane nodded leaning in to press her lips to Maura’s once more in a soft peck. “But I also think you should let me into your hotel room so we can sleep together.” she pointed out with a grin.

“I suppose you’re correct. Come on,” Maura nodded as she turned to open their door and held it so Jane could enter ahead of her.  

“I did really have a good time,” Maura repeated as she closed the door behind them. 

“I did too Maur” Jane grinned at her reaching down to pull her shoes off. “So much so, I'm going to continue my gentlemanly ways and let you take a shower first.” 

“So chivalrous” Maura grinned and kissed Jane’s cheek before shutting herself into the bathroom.  

“That’s me” Jane grinned at the shut door for a few moments before moving into the room. 

When Maura finished her shower she exited the bathroom in a robe with a handful of products. “I figured I could do my night time routine out here, so you could hop in” she explained, setting her items on the desk and sat down to start applying her creams and lotions to her face. 

When Jane finished in the bathroom she exited dressed in her BPD shirt and shorts and headed for bed. She stopped when she saw Maura sitting against the headboard, bare legs stretched out in front of her as she read something on her iPad. She wore a matching shorts and tank top pajama set, her skin was shiny and freshly lotioned, her damp hair slightly curling in a bun on her head. 

When Maura noticed Jane watching her she smiled down at her iPad. “What?” she asked in a soft voice. 

“You look…beautiful” Jane answered honestly, sounding almost surprised.

Maura blushed slightly and shook her head. “I look like I'm ready for bed” she offered as if it disproved Jane’s statement. 

“Well Bedtime Maura looks amazing” Jane insisted as she climbed into the bed and towards Maura, who pretended not to notice her until she was basically hovering over her. 

“Can I help you with something?” she asked eyes still on the iPad, even though she hadn’t read a single word since Jane came out of the bathroom. 

“Yeah probably,” Jane grinned as she leaned in to press a soft kiss to Maura’s cheek. 

Maura continued to pretend she wasn't paying attention to Jane and kept her eyes locked on the screen in front of her, but when the screen dimmed due to inactivity Jane grinned triumphantly. “What are ya reading Maur?” she asked, kissing her jaw. 

Maura’s head turned to the side as she kept up pretenses. “It's a study on the effects of - “ she gasped when Jane’s lips pressed against her pulse point. “On um,” she tried again as Jane kissed the spot once more after seeing Maura’s reaction. 

“Seems very interesting” Jane spoke against Maura’s ear. 

Maura nodded her head slightly breathing heavily “It was very interesting, it detailed -” she stopped when Jane cut her off. 

“Maura?” 

“Y-Yes?” She asked

“Shut up.” Jane requested and pulled away from her neck to look her in the eye. 

“Okay.” Maura nodded, one hand reached up to the back of Jane's neck to pull her into a deeper kiss. Maura leaned up a little, getting closer to Jane as the kiss intensified. Maura moaned as Jane nipped at her bottom lip. “You are good at this.” she breathed against Jane’s lips.

“Did you think I wouldn’t be?” Jane chuckled as she pressed another sloppy kiss to Maura’s lips. “Are you always this talkative when you're making out with someone?” Jane asked with amusement and frustration clear in her tone. 

“No.” Maura shook her head, her hand cupping Jane’s cheeks to keep her in place as she kissed her deeply. “I just..” she pressed her lips to Jane’s again “I didn't expect you” kiss “to be so” kiss “forward” she finally finished just before Jane’s tongue was in her mouth. 

“I'm not, usually.” Jane answered unnecessarily when she pulled back to breathe some time later. “But kissing you is,” She pressed her lips to Maura’s “addicting” she explained.

Maura grinned into Jane’s kiss, then started chuckling softly.

“Really?” Jane asked, sounding very unamused, her lips still pressed to Maura’s. 

“Sorry, sorry” Maura kissed Jane’s lips twice before backing away just slightly to look at Jane, her hands falling to her lap. “I just expected to be the one gently pushing things forward, physically. ” she explained with a grin. “And I already told myself I wouldn't push too far, too fast as to not make you uncomfortable. But it seems that that plan is no longer necessary.” she explained, eyeing Jane’s body that was laying slightly on top of hers, her eyes bright with amusement when they came back to meet Jane’s 

“It’s not.” she grinned back a slight shake to her head “Once I decide to do something, I'm all in” Jane explained with a grin and she leaned in to kiss Maura again. “I already did all my over thinking this afternoon Maur, I'm all in on this thing” she promised. “You don't have to be careful with me. The kid gloves can come off” . 

“Okay.” Maura nodded a beaming smile on her face. Just hearing that made her feel so happy and relieved . No longer having to worry about making Jane uncomfortable physically lifted a huge weight off her shoulders. “I can work with that.” she grinned at her and leaned in to kiss her again, but pulled back just before their lips met. 

“Maura!” Jane groaned in frustration. 

“Sorry” She laughed and leaned in to press a quick kiss to her lips  in apology. “I just wanted to put it out in the open, this is great, fantastic” she motioned between them. “But we still aren’t having sex tonight” 

“What?!” Jane asked, almost offended. “Why not?” 

“Too much has happened today to have it end in intercourse.” Maura explained with a sigh “I want it to be special when it happens, and not just another thing on the long list of things that happened today. ”

“You're right.” Jane nodded as she leaned in to press a kiss to Maura’s lips “But never call it intercourse again please” she requested looking disgusted at the word choice. “We can keep doing this though, right?” She checked. 

“Yes we can.” Maura nodded her own hand coming up to cup Jane’s cheek to hold her in place before connecting their lips again. 

Notes:

As always thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts in the review section!