Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
The_Newbie's Ninjago Fanfic Collection, The_Newbie's Miraculous Fanfics
Stats:
Published:
2020-08-28
Updated:
2021-08-28
Words:
19,583
Chapters:
10/?
Comments:
37
Kudos:
102
Bookmarks:
22
Hits:
4,358

Miracles in Ninjago

Summary:

First work, let's see how it ends. here's the general idea:

Lloyd always thought that his father was the definition of evil as he hits his college years. however, his life is turned upside down with the arival of a new student/bodyguard and a black cat user. Then, the cat's "hero allies" arrive to help defend against the "akuma" months later.
just...what the hell is going on, and who's Harumi really?

Chapter 1: Harumi

Chapter Text

1st day of school and so far, his father had yet to attack Ninjago, which is new by itself. Normally, he would attack almost daily, if not at least once a week. Maybe it has to do with the ranting as of their previous battle, where Lloyd gave away his identity. He remembered the argument very well, for it was from last week:

 

One week ago:

 

Within the lobby of Ninjago City’s mayoral tower, amidst the ruined recent shark mech, Lord Garmadon was in front of the fabled green Ninja. Said ninja advanced several paces whilst maintaining his defensive stance.

“Give it up Garmadon, you’ll never conquer ninjago.”

“Quite the contrary, green ninja. I've already conquered most of Ninjago. Only Ninjago city remains. It's only a matter of time.” this was true, given that his attack on the city span for around 2 years, when Lloyd was 16. Before that, he began conquering the rest of Ninjago.

“Yeah, well keep saying that, maybe it’ll come true in about several thousand of millenia.” The ninja threw a witty one liner, referring.

“Did your father ever tell you not to exaggerate, ninja.” This was enough to press every button in Lloyd’s mental system. 

“Just go away, Father.” This gave Garmadon a confused look.

“Sorry, what did you say?” Garmadon asked

“What do you mean?” Lloyd asked, confused.

“You called me father, did you not.” his father replied.

Lloyd only realised his mistake too late.

“I-I mean go further away, and i’m pretty sure ‘Lah-loyd’ would be happy to see you go.” Garmadon wasn’t impressed by the ninja’s rectification.

“And how do you know I always call Lloyd Lah-loyd.” This shocked the ninja, as he always thought he kept mispronouncing his name, even if he corrected him. 

“Wha-What?”

“You know what, I’ll take my leave, but i’ll be back, bigger than ever.” Garmadon swore as he left the area whilst calling his men to retreat to the lair.

 

Now:

 

And all this was when Lloyd was shopping for school supplies when he attacked. At least he can enjoy this back to school day in peace.

 

And he’s called into the principal’s office, great just great. First day here, and already he seems to be in trouble. Lloyd walked through the large modern halls, lined with the student lockers, that can fit a motorway ( don’t ask, you’ll see why later .) towards the principal’s office. However, once he got there, he noticed a young girl his age with short white hair, falling behind her, red eye shadows, blue eyes and an emotionless look. She’s also wearing a black with dark blue lining designer asian outfit.

 

“Mr Lah-loyd Montgomery Garmadon, I presume." the girl spoke to him.

“Yeah, why” he replied, already dreading to hear what she’ll say next, as there is only one person he knows that always mispronounces his name.

“I’m Harumi, and I’m assigned by your father to be your bodyguard at school.” she introduced herself.

“Hold up.” Lloyd interrupted. “I didn’t agree with any of this? Why do I need you.”

“Let’s just say that, during your father's last attack, he found out after the battle that you were near the vicinity of the warzone. He then noticed about the cover up from high school of your… to put it mildly, ‘incidents’. He believes that he should compensate for his lack of attention to your education and health by sending me in. That and there isn't another bodyguard that would cause some red flags otherwise due to the age group of your father’s army.” Harumi answered, which gave Lloyd some confusing looks.

“Does Mom know about this?” Lloyd asked.

“We've sent her an email this morning.” harumi replied. “Anyway, is there anyone you’re friends with that i should be aware of.”

“Well, there are five of them, including a girl, though they will be at least skeptical of you” Lloyd stated.

“Very well. I’ll see you in class.” harumi then left the room. Lloyd then went over to the secretary of the principal “is there anything else?”

“Nope” the staff replied. “Well, thanks.” Lloyd then left to his locker.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“I don’t trust this Harumi person you met, Lloyd.” Kai told his friend when they were at their lockers “I mean, she told you she works for your father. Isn’t that a little suspicious.”

“keep saying that, kai, like it’s a bad omen.” Harumi said eerily behind him. Kai jumped in surprised. Neither knew how stealthy she was.

“God almighty. How did you-”

“Was standing here the whole time.” she replied.

“Kai, meet Harumi. Harumi , meet hot head here.” Lloyd spoke between them in an attempt to defuse the situation.

“Hey.” kai greeted her with sarcasm whilst Harumi simply nodded in his direction. She then turned to Lloyd. “so Lah-loyd-” 

“You can call me Lloyd, like any normal person.” Lloyd interrupted.

“Very well, Lloyd, you mentioned having more than one friend. Where are the others?” Harumi asked.

And right on queue, two boys came up towards them. One has white skin with a fragile structure, brown messy hair and freckles. He wore long trousers, dark blue jacket and white shirt, as well as an orange scarf. He seems to be the shy type. The other is the complete polar opposite, having a dark skin tone with a tall, rock hard physique and black unkempt hair. He simply wore shorts and a black shirt with Jagged Stone emblem on it. His facial expression displays cockiness.

 

“Well look at that, Lloyd.” the tall one stated. “You managed to obtain a girlfriend.”

“Wha-wha-what do you mean. We are not even anywhere close to that, Cole.” Lloyd retorted. The dark bloke chuckled whilst the other was curious.

“Well, at what stage are you at then.” the brown haired one asked.

“purely professional, given my role as his bodyguard at school by his father.” harumi answered in a professional manner. Both boys reacted with shocked looks.

“Lloyd, what does she mean by that?” the first one, Cole she believed, asked.

“Dad may have learned of my experience in school after last week's attack, and sent her to protect me as a result.” Lloyd explained in a regretful manner. “Anyway, guys, meet Harumi. Harumi, meet Cole Brookstone” he gestured at the dark toned man “and Jay Walker.” whilst turning towards the other friend.

“Sup. I’m Cole.”

“Uhh, Jay.” Both introduced themselves with scepticisme to Harumi.

“Soooo, does anyone know where Nya and Zane are? They weren't in the assembly this morning?”

“Zane caught a virus today and Nya is said to be late.”

“well , those are the only ones that aren't yet introduced to you. Are you happy no-”

“Well well well, if it isn’t garmadork and the dork squads newest member”

 

All teens turned their head towards a cocky caucassian typical jock wearing the school hoodie accompanied by 2 female cheerleaders, one blonde, the other brunette. Both girls have a slim figure, whilst the jock had a strong build. The trio advanced towards them, like predators preying on their meal. Or at least someone who looks like prey.

 

“Leave it Chen.” Kai fought back. “We both know your fights aren’t worth anything, even your posse.”

“Chen, as in the one responsible for the incidents?” Harumi asked quietly to Lloyd.

“Most, but yes.” both turned back to the arguments happening in front.

“Seriously, Lord Garmadon must have seriously run out of good people if he sent her to protect him.” Chen tried to roast them. 

 

Emphasis on tried.

 

“Given the fact that most of his generals have the iq of their respective sea creature, i doubt i could find one with a low enough iq to match yours.” Harumi threw back at him, thus causing Chen to be confused.

“I don’t get the point" Chen stated, confused.

“Exactly, you’re an idiot.” Harumi stated

“What did you say, moron.” Chen tried to fire back.

“Well, a moron has more Iq than an idiot, only to be separated by imbeciles, such as the two side chicks behind you;” The roast earned some offending looks from Chen.

“How could you?” Chen reacted, aggravated by the insult.

“Seriously, try finding some original. You should know that anything can beat non existential strength.” if Chen was angered, this made him even madder mad.

“I can-” Chen tried to refute before he was interrupted by the school bell.

“well, looks like you three got spared. Let’s hope that I don't embarrass you lot even further. 

 

~~~~~~

 

Classes came and went as normal, well as normal as having a bodyguard of one’s age who managed to roast any idiotic student who dared to insult the squad. It was during lunch that Lloyd received a message from Misako that explained that she learnt of the bodyguard situation a bit late, to which Lloyd assured her that he’s fine and that she didn’t kill anyone. Surprisingly, Nya was even later than usual, at least according to her brother, kai. She was introduced to Harumi when she nearly ran her over.

 

“What the-” was all Harumi got out before her words were drowned by the revving of the bike's engine. The masked biker then walked up to the squad.

“Sup, bro.” The masked figure then took off her helmet, revealing a blue eyed girl with short black hair with a short ponytail. The girl wore black biker jacket and blue ripped jeans. The girl turned to Harumi “who is she?”

“Sup sis.” Kai greeted the madwoman. “And that is Harumi, Lloyd’s… bodyguard.” he dropped his carefree attitude. “Sent by his father.”

Nya turned to him with shock. “Wait. don’t tell me that we’ll let her cause some rupture between us and Lloyd, is she?”

“More like keeping an eye on him and his friends as well as to intervene when possible.” Harumi answered back, this time with a little bit of venom.

“Sure , keep saying that, maybe you’ll fool me one day.” This caused Harumi to tense up and give Nya a mean look. Both girls were locked in a tense stare off, until Jay tried to defuse the situation.

 

“Hey, is that a new ring on your right hand.” the group turned their attention towards the aforementioned ring on said finger. The ring was silver with a green cats paw emblem. No one noticed that Harumi was familiar with said ring.

“Yaeh, I found this when I left, actually. Said to bring bad luck to the user. Twas the reason why I'm late.” she responded.

“Then why wear it at all?” Cole asked, curious at Nya’s outburst.

“Cause I’m a born and bred rebel. I was created to disrespect all order. I’ll ignore any curse it befell upon me.” Nya stated.

“Then I’d like to see you give that excuse to the teacher.” Harumi commented.

“Excuse me, bitch.” Nya stated in offence. 

 

Those three words caused both girls to lunge at each other, causing a brawl that continued even when both were sent to the principal’s office. In the end, neither said a word to each other, which led the boys becoming messengers. This went on till school was finished, when everyone left to go home.

 

“Are you coming with us or...” Lloyd asked his bodyguard, worried for her.

“Your father arranged a pick up from his men by the port. See you tomorrow.” she responded. “Besides, I’m only hired to be your bodyguard inside of school hours, so I’m basically off my shift.”

Well, that is one way to put it. Lloyd thought to himself. Before he could get another word out, she simply vanished.

“Alright, where’s that bitch.” Nya shouted as she ran down the stair rails on her bike.

“Disappeared like a phantom.” Lloyd answered, “She is off duty.”

“Dammit, I sooo want to get back at her.” Nya commented, with anger present in her eyes.

Lloyd sighed and resigned to walk back home. There was no use trying to get through her, he learned the hard way. It took her several years to become at least an acquaintance of hers, despite his father’s… line of work. And she only tolerated him because of their own line of work. Nya may be the calmest of the group, beside Zane, but she can be stubborn at times.

 

Later, at Lord Garmadon’s volcanic lair

 

“-And this girl here is Nya smith, Kai’s younger brother. She’s the feisty one, and is still suspicious of me.” Harumi reported to her employer in his quarters. While it was true that she was sent to Lloyd to be his bodyguard, she had other agendas, including reporting all information concerning his life to his father, Lord Garmadon. He is currently sitting down, facing away from her, tacking down all information mentally.

“And you’re telling me that there is another friend you haven’t met yet.” Garmadon asked.

“Apparently so. It is believed to rely on logic and has a photographic memory. Goes by the name Zane.”

Hmmm . garmadon thought. Including this Zane, Lloyd has five friends. That makes six people. There are six ninjas that stand between me and Ninjago. There are no other conclusions. His friends complete the ninja rooster . Garmadon growled. Trust my brother to organise a defense squad made from teens. At least they're old enough to not be considered child soldiers.

Well there goes my original theory that Lloyd isn’t the green Ninja.

 

“I appreciate the knowledge, Ma-”

“There’s more.” Harumi interrupted.

Garmadon turned around, facing her. “Is there?”

“I’m led to believe that the girl, Nya, whom I regretfully became her rival, has in her possession a miraculous, as well as having used it for a small while, hence her lateness.”

The information presented bore great information for Garmadon, he was aware of the miraculous existence, as well as the wish and its consequences. Call it the perks of being a former guardian. “Really, which one?” he asked.

“The ring of destruction.”

“So, Plagg has chosen a new kitten. Things might get a little interesting.” he mused.

“What shall we do, in the meantime?” Harumi asked.

“You’ll continue looking after my son, Lah-Loyd.” he responded. “I’ll attack next week, if there is a secret tunnel between the school and their HQ, feign ignorance and gullibility by asking if there was any where they hide. Don’t examine their location any further than necessary. We’ll feign ignorance of the miraculous until they decide to use it.”

Lord Garmadon there walked back to his throne.

“We’ll start the guardian training in an hour. Use the free time to be yourself, design something or bake..”

 

He turned around to see Harumi on the verge of crying. He was aware that she never had many parental figures that acknowledged her existence, and that was before this “diplomat’s daughter” came. He was also told that was the very thing he detested, a child soldier, lacking any sort of formal training.

He approached her and put one of his four hands on her shoulder. “Listen, I know that you went through a lot, but keeping it to yourself won’t make it any better. Sometimes you need more people to reach out.” he comforted her. Maybe he would’ve been a better parent for Lah-loyd, he wouldn’t have to fight him.

“T-thanks.” Harumi replied in a vulnerable state. She broke off of him and returned to her quarters, happy that there is someone who she could count on.