Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
HP fics I keep coming back to, Unfinished fics waiting for update, Tomarry love it, And they were fanfics (Harry Potter), Reading 1, Alt HP, completed_Zmark, My Fav HP fics all in one place, Dragoneggs_Mark_for_Later, Best Harry Potter Crossovers, Ghost' s Slytherin Fics Completed Library, Violent Zombies Faves, 🫧Lux's fav fics🫧, Potter favorites (rheos), Недочитанное, Kaylen Finished HP Favs, HP FF that were really fucking good would Re-read, Long Fics to Read at Work
Stats:
Published:
2020-04-10
Completed:
2023-07-22
Words:
140,452
Chapters:
37/37
Comments:
969
Kudos:
10,681
Bookmarks:
3,334
Hits:
536,803

One Quiet Question

Summary:

Growing Up Harry learned many lessons for life such as being quiet is the best way to avoid trouble and don't ask any questions. What happens if during his first trip to Gringotts he goes against both of those lessons?

Notes:

I do not own Harry Potter, any of the characters or locations the only thing I can claim is the events of this story which is from my own twisted mind.

Chapter 1: Knowledge without Truth is still Ignorance

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

As Harry took in the contents of his vaults he was shocked about how much money he had after all his Aunt always complained how much money he cost him to take care of not that she tended to use much since he was forced to wear Dudley's old clothes, and barely got any food. This made him think of the times when he would clean his Uncle's office and had caught a glimpse of the family's checkbook when his Aunt left it out. He had noticed that his Uncle actually earned a lot of money from his job at Grunnings yet they were still getting some money once a month from an unknown source. So as Hagrid recovered from the next ride on the mine cart to the vault to pick up his package from the school Harry moved over to their guide. Not knowing what was the proper title he decided to just guess, "Master Goblin," only to stop at the startled look on the Goblin's face. "I am sorry I do not know your proper title," Harry said with a slight bow.

"It is alright young Wizard it is just rare to be shown such respect from your kind," Griphook said giving him what Harry guessed was a kind smile.

"Um, I was just wondering if it would be possible to get information on the status of my vault?" Harry asked.

"That can be arranged all you need to do is make a return visit to....," Griphok said but stopped when he saw the Wizard's face fall "will that be a problem?"

"Well I live with my family who do not have magic and I don't think I will be able to get back anytime soon," Harry explained. For though he was mostly left alone at home apart from his chores there would be no way that he could get back to London before he was to go to class and he somehow knew he should see them before he went to Hogwarts.

"That is actually easy to deal with before you leave I will give you a magical artifact known as a Portkey which will allow you to transfer back to the bank when you have some free time. I must say it is rather strange that your family did not come with you for even a Muggleborn, that is a Magical child from a non-magical family, usually is brought to the bank by both a teacher as well as their members of their family," Griphook said.

"Well my Aunt is not a fan of Magic and my Uncle is never home anyway," Harry said.

"Alright, we will make sure to give you one that is both easy to hide as well as easy to pass as an everyday object," Griphook said making a note on a small pad that he pulled out of his vest. By that time Hagrid had recovered enough from the ride to collect the contents of the vault for the school to end their conversation as Harry had learned long ago not to judge a book by its covers. He thought this applied to Hagrid twice over for the man was so large he appeared to be rather intimidating yet acted so kind and carrying but it could all be an act. After all his Aunt and Cousin would act as the perfect family to his uncle but if anything went wrong even if it was Dudley breaking something it was blamed on him. His Uncle whose job keep him out of the house most of the time would believe them over Harry who he was told was a violent troublemaker. When in truth Harry would rather be left alone luckily he found such solitude at the local library only staying at home to do his morning chores then going home at night to make supper, which due to some "problem he had caused" during the day he was never allowed to actually eat. His Uncle, however, never wanted to not feed him so he would at the very least get some bread and water unless his Aunt lied and said he had eaten before Vernon got home leading him to go hungry until breakfast. After Hagrid collected the package the small group of three rode back to the top level of the bank and as Hagrid once more took a little while to settle down from the ride Griphook took out an envelope which contained the Portkey as well as for instructions on how to use it and handed it to Harry.

 

The rest of Harry's visit to Diagon Alley nothing really happened as Hagrid would talk about how great Hogwarts was though he tended to only talk about a man named Dumbledore and one of the Houses, Gryffindor as if they were the only things good about the school which Harry found hard to believe. After the crowd invading his space when he had entered the bar, Harry made sure that his messy hair was covering his scar as much as he could, and having learned long ago how best to go unnoticed he was thankfully able to get by without another scene. In fact, the only other people who he interacted with besides some of the shop owners was a young boy as he was getting measured for his robes. The boy taking in his cousin's old clothes that were at least two sizes too large on him just let out a small scoff and lifted his nose haughtily in the air and made no other noise until he was told to go. Hagrid did get him a birthday present, of a small snowy owl telling him that owls were the best way to stay in contact with people not that Harry had anyone to talk to anyway. When it was time to leave Hagrid took him out to eat at a Muggle fast food joint having noticed how Harry had paled when mentioned they could eat at the Leaky Cauldron. Evidently having no experience with non-magical money Hagrid handed Harry some money to pay for their meal handing him a fifty-pound note for a meal that was only fifteen but at least he let Harry keep the change. Hagrid dropped Harry off at his house at Seven PM before he waved and just disappeared. "He could have at least helped me carry my trunk to the door," Harry thought to himself as he pulled his stuff up to the front door and tried the handle only to find it locked. He knocked a few times before he suddenly realized that to reach the island he had left that morning it had taken two days. "Great what am I do until they get home it is not like I could go the neighbors," Harry muttered before he suddenly remembered the thing he had gotten from the bank. Pushing his trunk behind one of the bushes by the door he began to dig through it until he found the envelope and opened it to find what looked like an American Quarter. He raised an eyebrow as he read the note.

 

Heir Potter,

To activate the Portkey and return to the bank just hold the object and say "Knut"

 

As soon as Harry read the word out loud he felt a jerk behind his navel as if he was a fish on a line while the world seemed to zoom by around him until he stopped almost falling to his knees in what looked like an office. Harry looked around seeing a couple of black leather chairs on one side of what looked like a redwood desk with a similar chair on the other side. There was a sound of footsteps as Griphook entered the office, "Ah Heir Potter I did not expect you so soon."

"I am sorry Master Griphook I was dropped off home and it was locked leaving me with nowhere else to go," Harry said.

"Ah it okay Heir Potter," Griphook said.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" Harry asked.

"What? Heir? It is a title given to someone who is in line for one of the Noble Family," Griphook explained.

"I come from a noble family?" Harry asked.

"Do you know nothing of your own family?" Griphook asked in shock taking one of the two chairs before the desk.

"I know nothing I did not even know my last name until I had gone to school," Harry said with a shrug.

"Well, I think the best thing we can do to let you start learning about your own family history is do something called an Inheritance Test which will inform you of who your parents, Godparents, any family lines you belong to, any vaults you can access as well as any strange charges to the vaults. It can also show any magical spells or potions you are under which due to how young you were when your parents died you may have some blocks that most parents put on their kids. Don't worry," Griphook said seeing the horrified look on the young Wizards face "if we find anything like that we the test also comes with a cleansing."

"I would like to do the test then Master Griphook," Harry said settling into the other chair. Griphook gave him another Goblin smile as he moved to the other side of the desk and pulled out a black parchment, a silver goblet, and a metal knife covered with what Harry would guess were runes.

"Now Heir Potter all you need to do is take the knife and prick your finger and let seven drops of blood fall into the goblet," Griphook explained handing him the knife. With some trepidation, Harry pricked his left index finger and let the blood into the goblet which glowed a soft golden brown as Griphook muttered something that Harry could not make out. Taking hold of the goblet the Goblin turned it over on the parchment, making Harry gasp, rather than some liquid as he predicted but almost what looked like silver string fell out. The string rested on the parchment for a moment before it was absorbed into the parchment and words began to appear on the page. In less than a minute it was finished and Griphook turned towards him. "Time to find out about yourself Heir Potter," he said as Harry picked up the parchment and began to read.

 

Harrison Orion Potter-Black

Parents:

  • James Claudius Black nee Potter (Bearer) Deceased
  • Regulus Alnilam Black (Sire) Deceased

Godparents:

  • Lily Marlene Evens (Blood Adopted mother) Deceased
  • Sirius Alnitak Black (Uncle) Incarcerated Illegally
  • Severus Tobias Snape (not claimed)

Lord/Heir:

  • Lord Potter: from Bearer (Claim fully after coming of age)
  • Lord Gryffindor: from Bearer (Claim fully  after coming of age)
  • Lord Peverell: from Bearer (Claim fully after coming of age)
  • Lord Emrys: from Bearer (Claim fully after coming of age)
  • Lord Slytherin: from conquest (Claim fully after coming of age)
  • Lord Gaunt: from conquest (Claim fully after coming of age)
  • Heir Black: from Sire after Uncle
  • Heir Ravenclaw: from Sire after Uncle

Vaults:

  • Potter Trust Vault
  • Potter Main Vault
  • Gryffindor Trust Vault
  • Gryffindor Main Vault
  • Peverell Main Vault
  • Emrys Main Vault
  • Slytherin Main Vault
  • Gaunt Vault
  • Black Trust Vault
  • Ravenclaw Trust Vault

Abnormal charges to Vaults

  • 1000 Galleons a month transferred from Potter Main Vaults to Dumbledore family vaults
  • 1000 Galleons a month transferred from Potter Main Vaults to the Bird Fund
  • 500 pounds a month converted from Galleons transferred from Potter Main Vaults to Dursley accounts

Magical Spells:

  • Core block 5% cast by James Potter applied at age one week old
  • Blood Adoption to Lily Evens applied at one-month-old
  • Horcrux attached to soul cast by Tom Riddle applied at age one year old
  • Core block 60% cast by Albus Dumbledore applied at age one year old
  • Loyalty geared to Albus Dumbledore, Gryffindor House, Light Side, Order of the Phoenix, Petunia Dursley applied at one year old
  • Hatred geared to Dark Side, Slytherin House, Severus Snape applied at one year old
  • Parsalmouth block 100% cast by Albus Dumbledore applied at age one (50% broken)
  • Intelligence block 60% cast by Albus Dumbledore applied at age one (25% Broken)
  • Eidetic Memory block 89% caster by Albus Dumbledore applied at age one

 

Harry no Harrison gulped as he finished reading the results of the test before passing them back for Griphook to read. "Oh dear it seems that a cleansing is in order Lord Potter," Griphook said getting out of his chair and motioning the young Wizard to follow him. "This might take a while do you know how soon until you are missed? Griphook asked as they reached a room with some strange designs drawn on the walls, floor, and ceiling.

"I think I have another day before my family gets home,' Harrison guessed with a shrug knowing it might be longer since Hagrid and he had taken the boat away from the island.

"Good that should give us enough times to give you the cleansing, as well as make sure you get your rings,' Griphook said handing the young Lord a pure white robe with golden runes stitched into it. "Now just put that on I will see to gathering your Lordship and Heir rings," the Goblin said staying with him until the cleansing began before hurrying out out the room. Based on the number and nature of the spells the young Lord had in his system Griphook knew the ritual would take a couple of hours so rather than gather the rings he went to report to the branch manager about the boy.

 

Harrison had thought that some of the beatings his Aunt or his Cousin and his gang had been bad but not now as he felt as if his very skin was being cut off him as the group of Goblins cast spells on him to cleanse him. He had been informed that everything except the blood adoption would be undone for that ritual had taken place at Gringotts under his parent's supervision according to their records but everything else was being removed from his system. When he woke up he felt lighter than he had ever felt before as looked around and spotted his glasses on a nearby table. Putting them on he saw that he was in a completely different room filled with beds only one of which was occupied by a Goblin who looked as if he had broken his arm. "Ah Lord Potter it is good to see you up," a Goblin dressed in a light greenish-blue robe said as they came over to his bedside.

"How long have I been out?" he asked worried that he would get home to find the Dursleys had found his new trunk and had destroyed it.

"Just over eight hours," the Goblin said "we had been able to get rid of most of the spells on you cleansed in less than a half-hour it was the Horcrux that made your procedure take so long."

"But I am fine now right?" he asked.

"You are as the humans say right as rain Lord Potter," the Goblin said.

"Thank you Master Goblin," he said with a bow seeing the smile come to the Goblin's face as they bowed back.

"Well if you follow me your Account Manager has told us to bring you to him when you finally woke up," the Goblin said helping Harrison out of bed and back to Griphook's office.

"Ah Lord Potter it is good to find you up and about it seems while you were getting cleansed I found out some troubling news it seems that your Bearer's Will had never been read after his and your Godmother's death those years ago," Griphook said gesturing to parchment on his desk next to a long black box.

"Only my Barer what about my Sire?" Harrison asked.

"Well as it turned out he had died before your Bared had and his Will had been read already," Griphook said reading from some of his notes. "We shall go over the Will after you have taken your rings though alright Lord Potter?" Griphook asked.

"Sure thing," Harry said with a shrug as the Goblin opened the long box revealing five sparkling rings and two plain ones.

"The five rings that seem to sparkle are your Lordship Rings while the rather plain ones are your Heir Rings," Griphook explained.

"Isn't one of the Lordship Rings missing?" Harrison asked recalling he had six Lordships not five.

"Ah the Gaunt Family ring is missing due to it being placed under some enchantments that can only be removed in person one of which is to hide it from locator spells or summoning it," Griphook explained with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"It is alright Master Griphook," Harrison said, "is there a specific order I need to put them on in?"

"The rings should be put on in the order that they came out within your test," Griphook said as he handed over a Silver Crystal ring that had a P on the front. "All you have to do is slip it onto the middle finger of your dominant hand and let it read your magic," the Goblin said as Harrison slipped the ring onto his right middle finger and felt a surge of magic wash against him for a bit before it settled down as the ring re-sized itself to his finger. "Now as you grow the ring will grow with you and only you can remove them yourself," Griphook said handing over the next ring this one a sterling silver ring with a red gem, which took less time to accept him than the Potter ring before it merged together with the other ring. Soon Harrison had claimed all of his Lordships Rings as well as the two Heir rings as Griphook took out James' Will.

 

I, James Claudius Black nee Potter being of sound mind and body leave this last will and testament let all others before this be considered null and void. I must first say do not morn for me that I am dead for I am now back with Regulus until the rebirth of Magic. If I die my son is to watch over first by Lily Evens, Silverwing, I can not begin to tell you how happy I am that you decided to help me raise my and Regulus's son I know you will tell him all sorts of stories about us and keep us both alive. I also gift you the Peverell Secondary Vault for your own personal use. To Sirius Black, Padfoot, my brother in all but the blood that introduced me to the love of my life, I hope you will come around to see your Godson and share with him stories of Regulus as he grew up as well as teaching him some pranks I want him a second-generation Marauder after all. I also gift you the Gryffindor Secondary Vault to help you live until Walburga finally accepts you back into the family. To Remus Lupin, Mooney, my old friend the only reason you are not a Godparent is England's prejudiced Creature laws which also prevent me from giving you a full vault so I set up a vault in your name which will be refilled anytime it empties from the Emrys Secondary Vault. Remus, I also offer you this piece of advice live free, have fun, and for Hera's sake ask her out already. To Severus Snape I can only apologize for what I did to you in school I was a little jealous of your relationship with Regulus I know that does not condone my treatment of you. I want you to know that Regulus had selected you to be Harrison's Godfather before he vanished and died. I have chosen to honor his wishes so please treat our son well. To Peter Pettigrew I leave nothing for at the making of this will you are my Secret Keeper which if I die by Voldemort you are the cause of it.

The order that my son is to be watched over in case of my death is as followed: Lily Evens, Sirius Black, Severus Snape, Frank Longbottom, Amelia Bones.

People who should never get my son, Albus Dumbledore, Bellatrix Lestrange, and due to Blood Adoption in case Lily dies her sister Petunia.

As it is to whoever takes my son in is to be paid 1000 Gallons a month until he reaches the age of maturity from the Potter Main Vaults

To Harrison, my son I wish I could have watched you grow up just know I would be proud of you no matter what you do or become. Live well, laugh often, and beware of Albus Dumbledore it is due to him and his war that your Sire and I died.

 

Harrison found tears in his eyes as he finished the Will and jerked as Griphook patted his back holding out a tissue. "There there Lord Potter let it out," Griphook said as the young wizard cried for a long while. When he was finally able to stop he looked up to see that the Will had been copied a couple of times.

"Master Griphook?" he asked.

"Ah since this is the first time the will has actually been opened let alone read since it was given to us we need to send copies of it out to the people who are given something in it," the Goblin explained. "Now I know this is highly irregular but it seems that not only had someone prevented the wills being read they also sent you to live with that was not on the approved list, however until you are of age you must live with them at least until you finish your first year at Hogwarts. Since you have one more day until the time you gave me they are meant to get home I would suggest you buy not only a meal, but also these books which should help you better understand the Magical World," Griphook said passing over a sheet of books that included How to Write With a Quill, A Beginners Guide to Latin, Hogwarts a History, Magical World a Muggleborns Guide, and finally Noble is as Noble does: a Guide to Pureblood Culture for Muggles and Halfbloods.

"Thank you Master Griphook I assume to get back home I use the Portkey again?" Harrison asked

"That is correct just make sure you are holding everything so it will travel with," Griphook said shaking the young wizard's hand having grown quite fond of him in the short time they had been together.

"Um, Master Griphook is there a way I could visit the bank again so you can help me learn from these books?" Harrison asked.

"You can return to the bank at any time young Lord but unfortunately I would be unable to help teach you," the Goblin said seeing the young boy's face fall "however, the bank does offer classes for Muggleborns and their family's to attend as they enter the Magical World for a small fee of a Gallon a person."

"I would like to enroll in that is it a daily class?" Harrison stated.

"Well I say class but it is more like one on one tutoring sessions whenever you are available to take it between Goblin hired teachers and all family members who wish to learn," Griphook said making the boy smile as he left the office. Making sure his hair covered his scar once again Harrison exited the bank and blinked in the sunlight having been inside the bank for almost eleven hours now. As the Dursleys were not due to get home until around maybe six pm and it was only nine in the morning he had nine and a half hours at most to spend in the Alley. He immediately went to Flourish and Blotts to pick up the books that Griphook had suggested. As he was getting them he noticed some other interesting books and grabbed them as well so rather than just the five books he walked out of the store with twenty all of which dealt with learning to live in the Magical World as well as an autobiography of a famous Muggleborn and how they learn to live Magically. Glancing at his watch Harrison saw it was now almost midday. Deciding he would use the change from the meal with Hagrid yesterday to eat in the Muggle World he quickly stopped by the supply shop to pick up spare parchment and quills so he could learn to practice without using up all his school supplies. As he was heading out of the Alley he stopped at a sign that advertised an expandable bag: Keep Everything in Just One Bag, and purchased one so he did not have to explain to any Muggle about his bugling bags of strange books or quills he was caring around. His shopping done and his stomach rumbling Harrison walked out of the Alley and to a nearby restaurant to eat leaving the rest of the Muggle money behind as a tip before he used the Portkey to go home just in case his Uncle drove fast due to his anger.

 

Arriving back at #4 he tried the door again and found it still locked so he pulled his trunk out of the bushes thankful that Hagrid had talked him to let the owl out of its cage to hunt rather than find a hungry and angry bird on his hands. Out of curiosity he wondered if he could get his trunk into his new bag and decided to try it to his utter delight he was able to get his trunk into the small bag which thankfully according to the Witch that sold it to him and explained how the bag worked he would not have to lug his trunk around for the bag no matter what was inside it always felt like it weighed no more than six kilograms. Having really nothing else to do he sat down on the front steps and pulled out one of his new books and began to read it. The book was so fascinating Harrison shut out the whole world until a cry of "Boy!" caused him to look up. "I thought you decided to got to that school Boy why are you back here already?" his uncle asked his face a little red with anger as Harrison quickly moved to the side so that he could unlock the door.

"The term does not start until September first," Harrison explained hoisting his new bag onto his shoulder and going to enter the house only for Dudley to shove him aside making him almost fall into the bushes. As he righted himself his Aunt passed him by head raised high nose in the air like the boy in the robe shop had done the day before.

"Hm and how long have you been waiting out there on the front porch?" Vernon asked as Harrison entered and shut the door behind him.

"I returned around Seven PM last night I believe," Harrison said deciding not to tell them that he had shortly made his way back to the Magical area again.

"You have been outside for almost twenty-four hours? Did none of the neighbors offer to take you in?" Vernon asked confused for yes the boy might be a little strange and according to Petunia somewhat violent but still to leave him outside overnight what if it had rained.

"They did not," Harrison said raising his eyebrow at his Uncle who balled his fist at the three simple words spoken with such a casual tone. "Oh you must be starving," Vernon said placing one of his meaty hands on his nephew's shoulder "Petunia be a dear and whip up some of your delightful Bacon Breakfast Platter."

"Oh, what is the occasion?" Petunia asked poking her head out of the kitchen doorway and glared at seeing her husband with his hand on her freak of a nephew's shoulder.

"Harry has not eaten since yesterday and that is just the thing to fill him up," Vernon said leading Harrison into the living room.

"Ah I will need his help to make it," she lied for in truth it was Harrison who cooked most dinners and several of the breakfast including that one, for the family with her taking the credit for them.

"Nonsense the poor boy has been out there all alone with no food or drink for almost a full day he needs to recover I am sure you can cook it just fine without him there to help for once," Vernon said making Harrison lay on the couch before he went to get the boy something to drink not noticing his wife silently fuming. A half-hour later the family sat down at the table and began to eat. After only a few bites all but Dudley spat out the food. "Are you feeling alright Petunia love this appears to be undercooked?" Vernon asked using his fork to push around a half-cooked piece of bacon which was sitting next to a rather runny serving of scrambled eggs.

"Yes, that must be it," Petunia lied.

"I wish Harry had been the one to cook it like normal," Dudley muttered making Vernon shoot a startled look at his son as his wife paled a little.

"What was that Dudders?" Vernon asked.

"I said I wish Harry han cooked dinner like he normally does not mom," Dudley said

"Always?" Vernon said shifting his gaze between his pale wife and his nephew.

"How often do you cook our dinner's Harry?" Vernon asked at last. Harry quickly looked at his Aunt and gulped before answering,

"Unless it some big event I tend to cook every night apart from weekends." Vernon sat back in his chair shocked Petunia always told him Harry had just help finish the meal and then serve it not make the entire thing. A cold feeling of dread came to rest in his stomach as he thought about all the times he had made his nephew not eat the food that he himself prepared as punishment for something Petunia had told he had done that day.

"Harry do you have any control issues with your magic?" Vernon asked making both Petunia and Dudley gasp at his use of the M-word.

"Not really apart from the glass at the zoo, the last time I lost control was last year when I was running from Dudley and his gang and ended up on the roof of the school," Harrison said.

"Gang?" Vernon said shooting Dudley a look and making his son gulp in fear at the expression on his father's face. Vernon turned to his wife as he asked, "You told me that Harry's magic causes a lot of problems here like it acting out and breaking things was that at all a lie?" Petunia got if anything even paler as she shook her head no.

"Harry do you prefer Dudley's old clothing or was that a lie as well?" Vernon asked turning to his nephew having a sinking feeling that everything his wife and son had ever told him about the boy had been a lie.

"Not really I just did not think you could pay for anything else for me to wear," Harrison said, "but I found out at the Wizarding back when I went to get money for supplies for school that you were getting money to take care of me."

"And we do Petunia just told me that you did not need clothing as you liked Dudley's old clothing," Vernon said. Harrison had to stop himself from snorting and making a joke about what was not to love about dressing in clothing that he could use as a parachute. "Harry I think the two of us need to have a little chat one on one before you go to bed tonight alright?" Vernon asked. Harrison nodded his head at his Uncle. "Alright, then lad why don't you go help yourself to something in the fridge as I talk to your Aunt and Cousin for a bit and I will be right up to talk to you in your bedroom."

Notes:

So it seems I have picked up a troll on my stories, so I am going to explain a few things. First, all troll comments will be deleted without a single second of thought. Two I tag very clearly my couple and usually who is the top and who is the bottom in the relationship, I prefer a bottom Harry, so if you do not like it do not read it. Also since the troll has assumed my gender I will reveal I am a cis-male who is a Homoromantic-Asexual.

Chapter 2: Let's make some changes around here

Summary:

Vernon starts to set thing right for Harrison

Chapter Text

Flashback to Gringotts shortly after Harrison left the bank

 

As no one mentioned in Lord James Potter-Black's Will had ever come to the bank to complain about the lack of Will reading Griphook decided to take several copies of the Wills to the Goblin healers so that the documents could be soaked in a specialized potion that would temporarily rid a person of any compulsions on them as well as pushing back any potions they might be under. Once the Will copies have been doused Griphook head to the message birds range for the bank and picked out two small fast Ravens that could handle the job as he sent one copy to Hogwarts for Potion Master Severus Snape while the other went to an unnamed forest in which Remus Lupin was living. Griphook then took one of the copies to a crow, which was the main bird the bank used to exchange letters with the Ministry, to send one copy to the head of the Magical Law Enforcement Offices and another to the Department of Mysteries which kept records of all Magical people's birth certificates and Wills. The Potter account manager then returned to his offices expecting the two Wizards to come to make sure the copies were authentic. A little over an hour later there was a knock at the door when it opened a dour greasy-haired man walked in. "I received this from a Gringott's Raven but this has to be a joke," the man said.

"It is not a joke I assure you, Lord Prince," Griphook said crossing his hand over his desk looking at the man with a sign the young Lord Potter had been such a nice young man compared to the Potion Master.

"It can not be Potter ended up with Lily and he would never have left me anything let alone make me the Godfather of his brat?" Severus said before he started as suddenly realized what he had been called. "I am not a Lord my mother died before I came of age and she had been disowned by my Grandfather."

"That may have been but he had not disowned you in fact according to our records your Grandfather had tried to bring you into his house after your mother had died to get you away from your father," Griphook stated reading from the notes he had on the two men listed in the wills.

"What?" Severus asked in shock "then why was I forced to live in in abusive home all through my time at Hogwarts?"

"Well it seems that Headmaster Dumbledore had blocked your grandfather's attempts saying it would cause too much disruption to your schooling which lead to the man withdrawing his request. The former Lord Prince had also tried to contact you but for some reason Dumbledore had a mail blocking ward attached to you that sent your post owls him rather than you." Severus was getting more shocked with each new fact that this Goblin was telling him. Before he could talk ask further about anything there was a knock at the door and the Goblin told the person to enter.

"You," Snape said with a growl as in walked the wolf.

"Hello Severus," Remus said politely taking the other seat before the Goblin's desk giving the banker a slight nod.

"Ah hello Mr. Lupin," Griphook said returning the bow "good now that both are here I will not have to repeat myself. As you both should be aware of young Lord Harrison Potter-Black is starting at Hogwarts this coming September. During his visit, he asked for a better look at his vault and while his guide was busy I gave him a Portkey to return to the bank when he had some free time," Griphook said.

"Wait who was his guide?" Severus asked having not heard about one of his fellow teachers showing a student around anytime yesterday.  In fact, the only one gone yesterday had been Quirrell but he had returned an hour later too short of a time to be with a student.

"Why would he need help to return to the bank?" Remus asked at the same time.

"Well it seems that unlike what was written in James's Will young Harrison ended up with his Godmother's sister as to the one who was showing him around it was Rubeus Hagrid," Griphook said noticing the dour Potion Master's already pale face grow any paler as he gulped at the news.

"I seriously do not know what is worse; that Potter's brat is living with Petunia or out of all the staff to show him around Albus picked the bloody groundskeeper who is not even supposed to use magic in the first place," Severus said gripping the arms of his chair so hard Griphook swore he could hear it creak.

"Yes, it seems that Lord Harrison Potter's family did not make his home life anything like the Magical community had been told so he asked for help to return. It also seems that when he was dropped off back home his family was still gone and would not return for at least a day and a half," Griphook said.

"Where had they gone?" Remus asked horrified with the thoughts of Harrison's family leaving after he had gone out to get his school supplied and never to return for him.

"Well according to Harrison when he first got his letters to Hogwarts his Uncle had packed up the entire family and tried to outrun the letters. After two days of travel Hagrid had finally able to collect Harrison and brought him in. Well, it seems his family had not returned yet so he came right back to the bank. It was during this time that Harrison began to ask questions about his own family and I brought up an Inheritance Test well as usual we made a copy so you can take a look to see at least part of what was the Will was correct," Griphook said passing over Harrison's results. The pair were shocked as they read the form and outraged when they got to the Headmaster's meddling. "After some further digging after young Harrison had left I found that it had been Dumbledore was the one who had stopped James' Will reading."

"That bastard," both men swore at once.

"I was sort of hoping the pair of you would be willing to help tutor young Lord Potter in the Magical World if he would to become back to the bank. I am aware that you have the necessary skills being a Master at Potions and Healing magic," Griphook said looking at Severus before he turned to Remus and continued "and you in History and Defense Against the Dark Arts. If you would both agree as a job requirement you must go through a cleansing, free of charge, of course, to be cleared to work for Gringotts." The three shared a conspirator smile as both Wizards agreed to help tutor the young Lord.

 

#4 Privet Drive the smallest bedroom

 

After finishing his snack Harrison had taken out the book he had been reading and went back to it until after an hour there was a knock a the door. When nothing else happened Harrison realized the person was actually waiting for permission to come in making him smile as he told them to, "Enter."

"Hello Harry," his uncle said opening the door and stepping inside. "Your Aunt and cousin are telling me they were pulling a prank on me and that you really a good-for-nothing trouble maker." Vernon let out a heavy sigh as he grabbed a desk chair from Dudley's old desk and sat down in it, "I am not sure if I really believe them at this moment so I m going to put them to a little test. I have a fair number of days of vacation stocked up," Vernon explained, "I plan on leaving the house tomorrow at my normal time but rather than head to work I plan to park my car at one of my friends a few blocks away I will then travel back here to see what has really been going on here."

"Thank you for trusting me at least that much Uncle," Harrison said giving the older man a small smile.

"Well since your Aunt thinks I am up here punishing you we have a little time so tell me what is magic really like?" Vernon asked in a whisper.

"It seems rather interesting Uncle," Harrison said turning the book he was reading and let Vernon take a look at it.

"This seems more controlled and responsible than Petunia told me about," Vernon said looking over an example of a spell that showed a young kid making something they could not carry on their own float out of a burning building. "She would always go on about how all magic was sacrifice this bloodletting that."

"Well some do require bloodletting," Harrison said thinking about his test from the bank.

"I am not sure how I feel about that," Vernon said a little sternly "wait how do you know about it?"

"Well while I was at Gringotts, which is a Magical bank, I had asked about my family and they told me of a ritual to find out about it. I had to let a couple of drops of my blood fall into a potion which gave me all the information about myself," Harrison explained pulling out his results and showing them to his Uncle.

As Vernon read the document Harrison heard him mutter to himself stuff along the lines of, "Not his actual uncle" and "she told me we got three hundred pounds, not five" and when he got to the end he pulled the young boy into a tight hug. "I am sorry for what you have been forced to go through here Harrison. Though I can not see why you were sent to us in the first place if you already had two other Godparents."

"Well after I got the results I went through a cleansing, that got rid of all the spells on me, and by the time it was over the teller had found out James's Will had not been read before so we took a look it seems someone had sealed them and decided to go with one of the choices he had not to want me left with, no offense," Harrison said.

"None taken, I can see why James would not you to stay with Petunia if that is how she acted to magic," Vernon said with a shrug. "Alright young man off to sleep with you and tomorrow act as if I had gone to work," Vernon said tucking the young man into bed and ruffled his messy hair.

 

The next morning was the same as normal with Vernon leaving for work after a quick breakfast, sending a wink to Harrison as he left. The moment the sound of his car was heard driving away Petunia started him on his "chores" with cleaning up the dishes from breakfast. That was followed by weeding the garden, as he was doing so he saw a car parked across the street and two men watching him figuring it was his uncle he quickly went back to his work. It seemed that his Aunt had a light list today for after working for an hour in the hot sun with no breaks to get a drink he was allowed inside to dust the house from top to bottom, followed by putting a fresh coat of paint of the fence, that he had painted last week. After that, he was allowed lunch, half a piece of bread, and a small disposable cup of water. When he was done his Aunt told him to make sure he was back in time to make supper he was finally able to get free. However, to do that he had to get past Dudley who decided to work off his own lunch, three triple-decker sandwiches, a large pop, and a piece of cake, by chasing after and trying to beat Harrison up. Being quick after all the times this had happened Harrison was able easily to get away and went to the library someplace his cousin would never go even if he was paid to do so, Vernon, as well as his friend, were disgusted at what they saw happen to the young boy, so with seeing Harrison take refuge in the library the pair headed back to the small suburban home. "Petunia we need to talk NOW," Vernon said almost breaking the door off its hinges in his anger.

"Vernon, what is the matter?" Petunia asked in a sickeningly sweet voice noticing another man behind her husband enter the house.

"Your treatment of Harrison," Vernon thundered marching down the hall towards her.

"What has the little freak lying about now?" Petunia asked a sneer coming to her face.

"He did not have to tell me anything I saw it with my own eyes I give both him and Dudley a list of chores to do during the summer yet I see Harrison doing both sets as Dudley vegges out in front of the television and you make him sweets," Vernon said as his friend stood back nodding in agreement having seen the treatment of the boy before now but had been unable to conceive Vernon about his treatment. "What do you have to say about it?" Vernon asked.

"I am doing what is best for as an old man from where I grew up showed me it takes a firm hand to control freakishness after all he should know his own son was another freak like Lily and the brat," Petunia said thinking fondly of Tobias Snape and had decided to follow his manner to control her nephew.

"What happened to the woman I fell in love with"?" Vernon said shaking his head sadly. "I am sorry Petunia but I want a divorce and full custody I will not have you teaching Dudley to follow your same path," Vernon said as he went to a hall closet and grabbed a suitcase.

"But Vernon?" she began.

"No but Petunia I can forgive a lot of things but abusing a child is not one of them I want you out of my house," Vernon said handing her the suitcase and turned away with tears in his eyes for the woman he had once loved. "Chuck can you start on the paperwork?" he asked his friend.

"Of course Vernon and if I may you should have done it a while ago," Chuck said as he pulled out already prepared divorce papers for Vernon to sign.

 

When Dudley came back from hanging out with his gang he had been surprised to find his father home and his mother gone. Vernon had sat Dudley down and had told his son what had happened and the changes that were going to happen around the home starting with Dudley doing his fair share of chores. When the rotund boy had whined Vernon had threatened to take away some of the boy's too many possessions as well as restrict his access to watching TV. Dudley not wanting to lose anything had reluctantly agreed and had started by vacuuming the stairs and cleaning his own room. As his son worked Vernon had taken a closer look at the family's checkbook He was shocked at how much money Petunia had been putting into another account that she used to buy Dudley whatever he wanted rather than its true purpose of taking care of Harrison. He decided when the boy came home that he would take him shopping for some new clothing as well as having his eyes looked at since Chuck had once told him that the glasses Harrison wore had been picked up at a garage sale. As he waited for Harrison to arrive Vernon thought about ways to repair the rift between his son and the boy and he thought the best way would be for Dudley to learn more about Harrison's world and wondered if the young man would let Dudley take a look at his books. Vernon's thoughts were interrupted by a slight tapping at the window to his office. Looking over he saw a small black Raven at the window with some sort of letter in its beak. Recalling all the owls when the letters for Harrison about Hogwarts he went to the window and let the bird in no longer caring if any of the neighbors saw him do so. To his shock, he saw the letter was addressed well not to him but to the Family of Harrison Potter-Black. Opening it up he began to read it.

 

Family of Harrison Potter-Black,

Though we have been informed that you do not approve of magic we still invite you to join Lord Potter in his lessons in his pre-lessons in the Magical world. We would also like to talk to his guardians about the misuse of funds.

Griphook, Potter account manager.

 

This would work perfectly Vernon thought to himself as he took out a pen and bit of scrap paper and wrote a note to this Griphook that he would be honored to go to lessons with Harrison and he would bring his son along as well. "Um would you mind delivering this back to them?" he asked the Raven feeling a little silly but he could have sworn the bird nodded its head as he opened his mouth for the letter.

Chapter 3: Lessons and a train ride

Summary:

Harrison, Vernon, and Dudley begin the per-lessons in the Magical World

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

As soon as Harrison got home he noticed his Aunt's disappearance as well as the sound of the vacuum coming from Dudley's room. Vernon called him into his study and told him of his plans for Dudley and him to join Harrison in his pre-school lessons at the bank. Since it was only one in the afternoon Vernon decided to take the boys out to gets Harrison some new clothing as well as a new pair of glasses. As the Optometrist would close earlier than the local clothing store Vernon took the boys their first. The eye doctor was utterly disgusted when he looked at the glasses Harry was wearing against the actual prescription need. "Oh this will never do," the man said shaking his head after the examination of his eyes. Getting Harrison's prescription he had the boy select some new frames for his new glasses. In the end, Harrison selected some more streamlined glasses with black temples and smaller rectangular places for the glass to go. The Optometrist stated he would need a couple of hours to get the glasses made so Harry was forced to wear his old pair as he picked out some new clothes. Harrison not liking to be the center of attention picked clothing that was more comfortable than flashing. Tending towards just simple tee-shirts and shorts with a mix of jeans as well. As Harrison had already gotten a full wardrobe of Magical attire he only selected three full outfits before the group had gone back to get Harrison's new glasses.

 

The next day Harry brought out the Portkey that would take them back to the bank and as he had been told by Griphook told both his Uncle and Dudley to touch American coin as he gave the code phrase. With the jerk around the navel, the three men were taken from the kitchen of #4 and were transported to the bank. "Ah Lord Potter it is good to see both you and your family have come for your pre-school lessons into the Magical World. After you left the bank I found the perfect one to help guide you into the Magical world," Griphook said as he snapped his fingers making the door behind him open. Two men walked into one in looking rather shabby in torn and thin robes and a shrunken face while the had a narrow face a hook-like nose in pure black robes. "Let me introduce you to Potion Master Severus Snape and Mr. Remus Lupin," the Goblin said seeing the look of understanding on the young Lord's face.

"Wait I recognize one of those names Snape isn't that one of Harrison's godparents?" Vernon asked.

"Not that I had been aware of I assure you," the hook-nosed man said with a slight bow.

"What is that supposed to me?" Vernon asked a little annoyed at the man's tone.

"All I mean is if I had actually known I was Harrison's Godfather he would not have been sent to your home," Snape said with a shrug. "It seems that whoever sent him to live with you did not realize his true parentage."

"Why what his parents have to do with the freak coming to live with us?" Dudley asked only to receive a smack from his father to the back of his head.

"Well for one thing many were under the impression that Harrison is the son of Lily Evens and James Potter, while in fact James was married to Regulus Black," Remus said ignoring the young boy's insult while his inner wolf wanted to rip his throat out for disrespecting his cub.

"Wait that sounds like a male name so he was adopted?" Dudley asked.

"Actually in the Magical World males can get pregnant as James did before giving birth to Harrison," Severus said and watch both Muggle's mouths fall open in surprise.

"So Harry came to live with us thinking he was actually the son of Petunia's sister rather than this Regulus, if I may ask what happen to him?" Vernon asked.

Looking to Harrison before he began Severus took a deep breath, "Around the time of Harrison's birth there was an evil Magical who was trying to take over think of him akin to your Hitler. Well, both of Harrison's parents were part of a group that had been working to stop the man. Regulus had taken on a special mission which he had never returned from. After about three months' time his parents had declared him dead this was just a month after Harrison was born. When he was declared dead Regulus's Will was read and it asked for Lily Evens to come in to help raise Harrison. Regulus knew that I would have a hard time raising his son with James as due to some events in our youth we had never really gotten along with each other."

"I could not do it for I have a condition that the Magical government would frown up in being part in raising a child," Remus ejecting into the conversation.

"What about this Sirius Black?" Vernon asked recalling Harrison's last Godparent.

"Well, Regulus loved his older brother dearly but knew that having James and Sirius being the ones to bring Harrison up was trouble so Lily was the only choice in his mind. That is why Lily was living with James and Harrison when the evil Wizard attacked all those years ago. Having found Lily next to the crib where Harrison was people began to think that she was his mother so Harrison was sent to live with Tuna Fish," Severus said angrily at himself for letting that happen knowing what the woman had been like as a child,

"Something tells me you know my soon-to-be ex-wife," Vernon said at the name the dour-faced man called her.

"Before going to Hogwarts myself I lived close by to both Lily and Tuna Fish and was friends with Lily. Regulus had hoped that with Lily living with James I would come over to see my Godson with my old friend gone,' Severus said actually wiping a tear from his left eye.

"So does that mean that he is to live with you know?" Dudley asked hopefully.

"I am afraid not you see I actually work at Hogwarts under Dumbledore and I don't see it would be safe for him to stay with me as long as the man runs the school," Severus said as Harrison, Remus, and Vernon nod in agreement.

 

 

"So do these two meet with your approval in being the ones to instruct you about the Magical World?" Griphook asked after the group sat in silence for a moment.

"Yes," Harrison said wanting to know these two men that his parents had picked out to look out for him even if one was never officially named for some reason.

"Good we have a room set aside for you since after your last visit young Lord I have been going over your accounts with a fine-tooth comb to start getting your money back from that man," the Goblin said with a smile that made both Dursleys blanch a little.  Severus and Remus lead the three out of the room and into a nearby conference room with a small blackboard and a small brewing station in the corner.

"To start out with some basic knowledge," Remus said as Harry and the two male Dursleys sat down at the table. "Each Magical person has what is known as a Magical Core in which they draw on to use their magic. Now a person is born with one of three types of cores known as a Light Core, a Dark Core, and the Grey Core."

"Does having a Dark Core make you evil?" Harrison asked.

"Actually no um let's see how can I put this," Remus said stroking his scraggly chin. "Ah I know there is a Muggle game series known as Final Fantasy with the classes of a White Mage, a Black Mage, and a Red Mage. Now people who have Dark Cores are actually better at using healing magic which might seem a little confusing when they are compared to a White mage. A person with a Light Core is better at casting defensive and jinxes making it more akin to a Black Mage, and as for those with Grey Cores, they are more of the mid-ground showing more affinity towards transfiguration and charms. Harrison according to the information given in the Goblin part of your test you have a Grey Core." Remus began to go through some more information about Cores but saw that the other boy becoming rather bored. Remus did not like to see someone bored but he knew he had to cover the basics before he could go into stuff that might interest the boy. After talking about Cores Remus had informed the small group about some of the classes that Hogwarts would teach before he talked about some talents that Magical people could possess focusing on Parsalmouth since Harrison had that gift. After that, the group decided to head out to lunch leaving the bank and heading to a small restaurant that Muggle families would visit the alley as it had both Muggle foods as well as some Magical dishes such as pumpkin juice. Once more as Harrison walked in people who had seen him during his first visit came charging over making him hide behind his Vernon. Knowing how much Harrison was not a fan of crowds the large Muggle man yelled at them to leave him alone smiling as he saw them turn tail and move away, unaware that both Severus and Remus were standing behind with their wands pointing them at the crowd with twin glares on their faces.

 

After lunch, it was Severus turn for the lessons but as Potions was not to be shared with Muggles due to the Statue of Secrecy, so Remus talked about some of the history that was allowed to be shared with Vernon as Dudley finally got rid of his pig's tail that Hagrid had given him when he collected Harrison and Severus began to tutor Harrison in potions. Harrison actually found that he liked potion-making as it reminded him of all the meals he had to make for his Aunt. Severus was actually found he enjoyed teaching the boy how to properly prepare the ingredients in the use of potions, as well as a simple potion to that just made a nice smell come into the room. By the time Harrison had got the potion correct, it was time to leave for the day and even Dudley did not want to leave having found something he found cool, the history of the Goblin Rebellions. Griphook informed them that since Vernon was coming to the lessons it would be better if they came into the bank the normal way through the Leaky Cauldron. This, however, caused a problem the next time the group went to the lessons as Harrison was once more swarmed so that by the time they got to the bank Harrison asked Remus or Severus if there was a way to hide his features. With a smile the pair offered some suggestions such as a Glamour though it would require him to focus his magic to maintain it or a potion to shift his features. Not wanting to tie up some of his magic he choose the potion so that day Severus spent brewing the Potion as it was something that was usually was taught to Fifth-Years students. Dudley actually had wanted to learn more about the Goblin Rebellion and had talked to Griphook to see if he could learn about it from the Goblin's perspective, and Griphook honored from the request had one of his own clan teach the boy about the rebellion. Vernon ended up being taught by a Goblin as well that day for he had wanted to learn how the Goblins handled the money of the Magical world. So it was Remus who began to teach Harrison some basic magic after informing him that after his first year at Hogwarts he would not be allowed to cast spells outside of the school until he was of age and never around non-family Muggles. "Now all spells can be learned at every age the only reason that they are actually taught at certain ages is due to both how much control one has but also their Core. It takes years for a Core to fully develop that allows multiple spell casting. This is why one of the spells everyone learns first it to create sparks," Remus said as he had Harrison pull out his wand. It did not take long for Harrison to create sparks from his wand before Remus moved onto the next step changing the color of the sparks. What Remus did not share with Harrison is the original color of the sparks actually showed off how powerful a person's magic was. Remus had been shocked when the sparks Harrison was able to create, pure white, placed Harrison's magic level a little under Merlin level though in the end he should not have been surprised as he watches the boy easily learn how to change the color of the sparks as well as how he had been able to function with sixty-five percent of his core having been blocked.

 

"Finished," Severus said around lunchtime as he placed a potion in front of Harrison. The boy looked at the concoction which was a rusted silver color feeling a little nervous about drinking his first potion ever. "Don't worry I would not poison you, Harrison," Severus said with his small hint of a smile that the young man had seen multiple times during his potion lesson with the man. With a small gulp, Harrison grabbed the bottle and downed the potion in one gulp as Severus cast a spell to summon a mirror so the boy could see his new look. Harrison felt a little wave rush over his face as well as a creeping over his head as his hair changed. Looking into the mirror Harrison saw that his deep green eyes had taken on a dark black hue and his nose had straightened out a little more. But it was his hair that changed the most gone was the rat's nest of messy brown hair and in its place was a flowing jet black locks that fell to his shoulders thankfully with fluffy bangs that hid his scar which Severus had informed him due to how he had gotten it could not be changed at all even after the Goblins had got rid of the Horcrux. Harrison was rather happy with his new look as he reaching up and touches his hair and finds it rather soft and with surprising competence, he pulled his new hair into a ponytail as he shocks both Remus and Severus with a flick of his wand creates a hair tie for his hair.

 

Leaving the bank was much more enjoyable for him as no one even seemed to notice him thanks to his new look as he took Vernon and Dudley to one of the books stores in the alley so that they could get some books, about Goblins for Dudley, and Gringotts and Magic in general for Vernon. As they got to the bookstore, having decided to go to a second hand one to avoid both the crowd and the noise he had when he got his own books, Harrison had to cover his ears as a redheaded woman screeched at what looked to be her children most of which were just as loud. Doing his best to avoid the members of the family Harrison lead Vernon and Dudley to get their books only to find another redhead in the section of Goblin-related books. Thankfully this one was not as loud as the others of his family and even stepped aside when he was asked to. "Oh sorry," the older teen said letting Harrison by so he could grab a couple of books on the Goblin Rebellion and the bank. "Those are some interesting choices of books usually one only reads the Goblin Rebellion during their third year," the teen said

"Um they are actually for my cousin and my uncle," Harrison said grabbing another book.

"Ah birthday or early Yule gifts?" the redhead asked.

"No we were doing the Muggle pre-lessons at the bank and my cousin thought the Goblin Rebellions sounded cool," Harrison said.

"Oh sorry not trying to pry," he said, "I am Percy Weasley by the way nice to meet you."

"Um Harrison Black," Harrison said not wanting to tell him he was a Potter due to how everyone seemed to react to it.

"Wait, Black?" Why would a member of the Black family need to go through Muggle lessons?" Percy asked.

"My parents died when I was a baby and I was sent to live with Muggle relatives I did not even know I could do magic until my last birthday," Harrison given the redhead some half-truths. It looked like Percy was about to say more before a pair of twins came around the end of the aisle.

"Hey Perc what are you doing?" he asked in unison too loud in Harrison's opinion-making both Percy and him wince at the noise.

"I am in a bookstore what do you think, I am doing de-gnoming the yard," Percy shot back at his younger brothers.

"Whoa Perc takes it easy we just were told Mum is ready to head out," one of the twins said before noticing Harrison. "Well hello there."

"Hello," Harrison said wishing the pair would leave so it would be quiet again Percy was fine but the rest of this Weasley family was too loud.

"So how do you know Perfect Percy?" the other twin asked.

"I don't we were just chatting," Harrison said simply.

"About the Goblin Rebellion?" they asked giving him twin looks of disbelief.

"Yes my cousin wanted a couple of books about it and we were in the middle of discussing it when you interrupted us," Harrison said giving the pair an annoyed look.

"Come along Forge looks like Perc found another book lover," one of the twins said.

"Right behind you Gred," the one named Forge said rolling his eyes at Harrison and his older brother.

"Wow they were rude," Harrison said without thinking as the pair turned out of the aisle "sorry that was rude."

"No you were right but you get used to them, so I take it you will be staring Hogwarts soon?" Percy asked and Harrison nodded his head. "Good I might see you on the train," Percy said as he went to follow the twins. Harrison waited a few minutes before he also went to pay for his books, as well as some others that Vernon and Dudley had found that were Muggle approved (no magic spells or instructions on brewing potions) before they all left for the day.

 

Harrison was glad Uncle Vernon, yes he was now aware they were not related but he would always call him that due to the love Vernon had shown to him when he found out what was happening to Harrison, had invited Dudley to join in the lessons for it had brought the two closer together granted the pair would never be friends but they could at least go a couple of days without fighting with each other. Unfortunately, Uncle Vernon's vacation days soon ran out making him go back to work ending the lessons the week before Hogwarts was set to start. Severus had pointed out it was alright when he and Remus had been informed of this telling Harrison that he had to go get his classrooms ready for the start of term anyway while Remus had volunteered to come to #4 on the day that Harrison was to head to Hogwarts to show them how to get onto the train, something Uncle Vernon had agreed with as he had been unable to get the day off having spent so much time out of the office. Having learned by now about Harrison not liking crowds Remus collected Harrison early letting the two boys say goodbye to each other as he hopping into a car and drove Harrison to Kings Cross Station and showed him how to reach the train. Harrison stared in wonder at the train as he hoisted his magic bag containing his trunk and other school supplies onto his shoulder and went to find a place to sit. Feeling the front of the train would be a popular spot Harrison head to the very end of the train taking an open compartment in the second to last car. As the train was not set to leave for at least an hour Harrison pulled out one of his books and began to read it getting lost in the page. He was broken out of his reading as the door slammed open and another one of the redheads poked his head in, "Can I sit with you everywhere else is full?" Harrison had to stop himself from rolling his eyes for he knew the boy was lying as the compartment right across from them also only had one person in it but decided not to say anything as he turned back to his book. "So I take it you are going to be a First-Year as well?" the boy said but Harrison ignored him as he tried to read his book. "Where are your trunk and stuff?" the boy asked but Harrison just focused on his book unaware that as he went to turn the page his bangs shifted slightly letting the sight of his scar be seen. "Bloody Merlin your Harry Potter," the boy said and Harrison could not take it anymore.

Closing his book with a snap that made the other jump he glared at the boy "My name is Harrison Potter-Black and by the Gods won't you just shut up. I mean seriously I am reading a book something that is quite easy to see but you find it necessary to just prattle on. Also everywhere is full really?  The compartment across from us only has one person in it as well."

"Yeah but they are from Slytherin," the redhead said as if that meant a single thing.

"So my sire and one of my Godparents are from Slytherin," Harrison said.

"No they are not Lily and James were both in Gryffindor just like my entire family," the boy said proudly but making Harrison dislike the boy even more.

"Good to know I will see if I can not be sent there," Harrison said as he almost laughs at the shocked look on the boy's face as he takes his bag and head to the compartment across from them. "Do you mind if I join you the person he came to my compartment is being rather loud?" he asked as he knocked on the door to get the inhabitant's attention.

"You want to sit with me?" the older teen boy asked in shock?

"Why can't be worse than that," Harrison said pointing his finger over his shoulder to where the redhead was almost glaring at him mouth open in shock.

"I guess you are right," the teen said with a chuckle. "Hello, I am Marcus Flint fourth year."

"Harrison Potter-Black soon to be First-Year," Harrison said.

"Wait Harrison Potter as in Harry Potter?" Marcus asked.

"No Harrison Potter-Black as in Harrison Potter-Black I don't get how everyone seems to all know the wrong name to call me which is just close to my real one," Harrison said with a slight huff as he sat down on the bench across from the older teen. "At least I don't have to worry about it me being miss named during my sorting," he said.

"Why is that?" Marcus asked.

"My Godfather promised my name would be correctly called no matter what he had to do to stop the old fool from using calling me as Harry," Harrison said pulling out his book.

"Who is your Godfather?" Marcus asked unable to think who would be able to change a name for a sorting besides a member of the staff.

"Severus oh sorry Professor Snape," Harrison said.

"Yeah he would be able to do it," Marcus said with a laugh as Harrison went back to reading his book.

Notes:

Okay, I will just say this I love the Weasley twins but for this story, Harry(Harrison) is more introverted so their rumbustious and loud nature is off-putting to him.

Chapter 4: Sorting and new friends

Summary:

Harrison meets some new friends on the train ride, avoids Hagrid, and gets sorted

Chapter Text

For the next ten minutes, Harrison read from his book as Marcus just sat looking out the window as the countryside zoomed neither of them paying attention the young redhead boy who was glaring at them through the window. Having found out who Harrison was he had tried to join them in the cabin but one growl from Marcus who had seen how the other boy annoyed Harrison had sent the redhead fleeing back to his cabin. A soft knock at the door made Harrison look up from his book hoping the idiot was not back again and seeing a kind-looking witch pushing a food cart. "Anything of the trolley dears?" she asks in a kind voice.

"A couple of chocolate frogs please," Marcus said holding out some money as the witch passed over some of the treats.

"Anything for you?" she asked looking at Harrison who was looking over the food she had on her cart and only seeing treats. After Petunia had been kicked out by Vernon his Uncle had decided to make the family eat health having only small treats occasionally, something that Dudley had had a problem with at first.

"Um not to be rude but do you have any healthy food?" Harrison asked making Marcus actually choke on his frog with a little laughter.

"I do have some small ham and turkey sandwiches as well if that is more to your liking," she answered.

"Than I shall have one of them in addition to a frog please," Harrison said giving a bow that both Remus and Severus had told him to use.

"Right away dear," the witch said smiling at the boy, for not many students even ones from the older families showed her such respect, as she opened a door cleverly hidden in the cart and pulled out a sandwich under a stasis spell taking it off as she handed it to him with a single chocolate frog as he handed her the money, as well as a little tip like his Uncle, had taught him.

"You know I have been riding this train for four years now and I don't think I ever knew she carried anything more than sweets," Marcus said as the witch left and the pair dug into their food. Harrison just shrugged having nothing really to say to that having put his book away so as to not get it dirty. "If you do not mind me asking why did you decide to come to sit with me when you left the Weasley brat? Not that I am complaining most people take a look at me and get scared of me," Marcus said checking out the card before putting it aside.

"Sorry I did not mean to interrupt your personal time I just learned long ago not to judge a book by its cover," Harrison said making Marcus laugh. Before the older boy could respond another person knocked at the door.

"Hello," the boy said with a terrified squeak as the pair look at him, especially Marcus making the boy gulp a little in fear. "Have you seen a toad I lost mine?"

"Sorry we have not," Harrison said.

"Why not ask a Prefect, they should have a pin on their chest with a "P" in the color of which house they are in," Marcus said to the frightened boy. "They have special permission to cast spells on the train and could use a summoning charm to get your toad back."

"I co-co-could not do-o-o that," the boy stammered.

"I could come with you I think I meet a Perfect when I was getting some of my books," Harrison said with a soft smile as this would give him a good reason to go look for Percy.

"I could not ask you to do that," the boy said.

"Well good thing for you you did not ask then isn't it," Harrison said, making Marcus give a little laugh, as he hoisted his bag onto his shoulder and exited the cabin. As they were at the far end of the train Harrison decided to move forward rather than check out the last car. "I am Harrison by the way," Harrison said as they walked down the car peeking into all the compartments to see if he could spot a Percy.

"Um Neville, Neville Longbottom," the other boy said.

"Well hello Neville Neville Longbottom," Harrison said in a gentle tone hoping to put the other boy at ease a little.

"No just the one Neville," Neville said.

"Okay, I will try to remember that," Harrison said as they spotted an older student coming down the train with a green "P" pinned to his chest. Grabbing Neville's hand Harrison moved forward. "Um excuse me we were told that Prefects could use magic can you summon Neville's toad?" Harrison asked. The Sixth year Slytherin Prefect looked his nose down at the pair as he pulled out his wand and began to get a description of the toad from Neville to better summon it, not that he thought that there would be many toads on the train after all the animal had fallen out of popular use before even he had started school. Both young boys watched in fascination as the older student cast the spell which caused the toad to come zooming down the hall and right into his hands. With what he hoped was a pleasant smile he handed the toad to the boy and began to move past the pair of what looked like soon-to-be Firsties. "Um, do you know where I can find Percy Weasley he is another Perfect?" Harrison asked before the student went away.

"Yeah, he should be a couple of cars forward.  Most students don't tend to sit back here except members of my own house and few scatterings of First-Years such as yourself," the Sixth-Year said.

"Why is that?" Harrison asked confused why people would avoid the place after all this car could not be different from the other, could it?

"Well Slytherin House has a sort of nasty reputation," the older student said and Harrison had to nod thinking of how the redheaded idiot had reacted to Slytherin and had to laugh at the thought of him sitting in a predominate Slytherin area.

"Well that is just dumb, if you ask me which you didn't," Harrison said making the older boy's eyes widen in surprise. "I mean it is not like you are loud like the boy who thinks he is going to Gryffindor now that would be a reason to not sit with someone them being too loud and noisy," Harrison said making Neville and the Perfect laugh.

"I am sorry to tell you that the person you are looking for is actually from Gryffindor," the Slytherin Prefect said starting to like this kid.

"Yeah but he is not so loud," Harrison said before he bowed his head to the older boy, "thanks for the help."

"Don't mention it little Firstie," the older student said as the pair hurried away, Harrison to find Percy and Neville to go back to his cabin.

 

"Hello again Percy," Harrison said as he found the older redhead as he patrolled the hall.

"Hello Harrison pleasure to see you again," Percy said holding out his hand and shaking the younger boys. "Have you made any new friends?" Percy asked for after their meeting in the book store he had actually received a letter from the younger boy asking if Percy would be his friend.

"Well the person I sat with is okay as well as a boy I helped look for his toad," Harrison said as he came into step beside the older redhead.

"That's good," Percy said checking into the compartments to make sure no one was breaking any rules.

"Your brother is a bit of a prat?" Harrison said after a bit of walking in silence.

"What did the twins do now?" Percy asked with long-suffering annoyance.

"Not them, your youngest brother," Harrison said who had thankfully avoided the twins as he searched for Percy.

"Ronald?" Percy asked sure his youngest brother was not as bad as the twins but could not figure out what would cause such easy dislike after just meeting him.

"Oh is that his name you know it is hard to read when he won't shut up. He asked me all these questions about myself but never shared anything not that I wanted to learn about him would have rather sat in silence and read my book," Harrison said making Percy understand as well.

"Well don't let him get you down so what about the other two?" Percy asked as the pair moved to the next car into a primary Ravenclaw section of the train.

"Well Neville is okay even more quiet than even I am so he seems nice, and Marcus was rather helpful in keeping your brother away," Harrison said with a shrug.

"Please don't tell me Marcus cursed Ronald," Percy seemed to beg to lift his eyes to the roof of the train as the only Marcus he was aware of was Marcus Flint from Slytherin.

"No your brother was scared of him as well as not liking him just because he was in Slytherin," Harrison said shaking his head "I mean he does not even know what House he will be in how would he act if he got sorted into Slytherin himself just because the rest of your family is in Gryffindor does not mean he would be," Harrison said shaking his head at Ronald's blatant bias almost bigotry.

"Well, Ronald does not like the House due to when we were younger our uncles had been killed by some dark wizards who had come from the house and he heard stories about them growing up," Percy explained.

"I don't mean to be rude, but so what it is not like the current students did it yet he acted like he expected Marcus to curse him and by "correcting" me by telling me both my parents had been in Gryffindor. So what if they had they are themselves just as I am myself and anyway my sire came from Slytherin it was only my bearer that had been in Gryffindor," Harrison said.

"That is a very mature attitude Harrison," Percy said rather impressed with the younger boy before he noticed the scene outside the windows of the train. "You might want to head back and get into your robes we will be at the station in a few minutes."

"Alright Percy see you later," Harrison said with a wave as he rushed back to the compartment that Marcus was in.

"What took you so long?" Marcus asked having seen the other soon-to-be First-Year return a while ago.

"I meet the person I had been looking for and we chatted but he suggested I come back and put on my robes," Harrison said putting his bag down and reaching inside of it for his trunk

"Oh do you need help getting your trunk from your old cabin?" Marcus asked as he had noticed Harrison had not brought his trunk with him when he left the redhead.

"No it is in my bag," Harrison said sounding as if he was struggling with something as with some effort he pulls his trunk out and opens it before he pulls out a set of his robes.

"Ah I see an expanded and feather-light charm on your bag so you can easily carry your trunk that is pretty smart," Marcus said making Harrison just shrug again as he put on his robe and pointed Wizarding hat. "You know you don't really need the hat I don't know why they keep putting it on the list usually after the opening feast no one wears it again," Marcus said.

"I had been wondering about that for during all my time in the Alley I had not seen a single person wear one," Harrison said putting the hat back into his trunk and with Marcus's help put the trunk back into his bag. Just as Harrison latched his bag back up the train pulled into the station but the pair waited a moment giving Ronald time to leave before they left the train with Marcus pointing Harrison towards the growing group of his classmates before he headed to the carriages.

 

Harrison found Neville, thankfully on the edges of the crowd, and went to stand next to him, "Hey Neville."

"Oh hey Harrison," Neville said as the group was ushered to the boats. Harrison recognized Hagrid and made sure to duck behind some people which thanks to a lot of them were wearing the pointed hats it was easy for him to go unnoticed. Hearing the call of four to a boat Harrison and Neville went to a boat and were soon joined by a rather tall dark-skinned male and a bushy-haired female. The four of them did not speak to each other during the ride across, the thankfully, calm lake before they got out and joined the others to wait to enter the castle. A stern-looking witch came out and gave them a welcoming speech leading them into a large empty room and telling them to wait until called upon. He could not figure out why they would do this as arriving by boats had to be slower than going by the carriages he had seen Marcus and Percy heading towards. He just assumed it was to rattle their nerves like an initiation sort of thing that he heard some groups did to newer members. Soon the room was being filled with guesses on how they were to be sorted Harrison heard Ronald's loud voice claiming that according to his older brothers they would have to fight a troll or something. Harrison found that highly unlikely as according to Hogwarts A History mentioned that there was a Secrecy Ward on the Sorting Ceremony so that those that had gone through it would be unable to tell the ones who had not what was involved. Shortly the stern witch, which based on Professor Snape's description had to be Professor McGonagall, lead them into the Great Hall. As many of the group of new students look up at the ceiling Harrison took in all the tables noticing that one was rather loud even now and the others more subdued. Once the group was situated at the front of the hall and Harrison felt as if the seated students were drilling holes in the back of his head Professor McGonagall pulled out a short stool and a battered old hat, which as everyone looked at it began to sing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

 

The seated students all clapped at the Hat as it finished while Harrison's new classmates began to sweep their pointed hats off their heads if they were going to have to put the hat on to be sorted. Professor McGonagall waited for the hall to fall silent before she began to read the names of the houses. Once more Harrison noticed that when someone went to Gryffindor the already loud house made his ears hurt in their welcoming the new student. The girl who had been in his boat he learned was called Hermione Granger as she was sent to Gryffindor, while Neville was sent to Hufflepuff he even saw the boy from the robe shop, Draco Malfoy, being sent to Slytherin. "Harrison Potter-Black" was called making the hall fall silent as Harrison sent a nod of thanks to his Godfather who gave him one of his tight smirks back Before he sat down on the stool Harrison found himself looking at an old man who was giving him a random look and based on what his Godfather had told him had to be Dumbles.

"Ah hello Harrison," a voice said into his ear with a slight chuckle. "I was told to send you no matter what you said to Gryffindor house."

"No anything but that," Harrison silently moaned.

"Do not worry I was told to send you there as Harry Potter, not Harrison Potter-Black using your real name means I can actually send you where I see as the perfect place for you. Though it is hard to place I see your love of books and knowledge which means you would find your place in Ravenclaw. You also have a desire to be accepted but not really a fan of crowds so Hufflepuff is not for you my dear boy. So what do you want Ravenclaw or Slytherin?" the hat asked.

"Everyone seems to think I am important for what happened to my Godmother and Bearer so I have a feeling I will learn all about them but Slytherin might be one of the few places I can learn about my Sire can you send me there please?" Harrison asked actually giving the hat a slight bow as he was wearing it making the magical artifact give him a slight chuckle.

"I see your mind is made up well then I shall send you to SLYTHERIN," the hat said calling out the last word for the entire hall to hear as Harrison took off the hat sending his Godfather a small smile and getting a toast of his cup back as he made his way to the Slytherin table and sat down next to Marcus who smiled down at him and slapped him on his back. Harrison ignored the rest of the hall most of which was staring open-mouthed at the fact that the boy-who-lived had been sent to Slytherin House but also that Marcus Flint was actually smiling. Out of everyone in the hall the only people who applauded Harrison's placement outside of his new house were Neville and Percy both of which clapped loudly for him. After a few moments Professor McGonagall came back to herself as she finished reading the names for the sorting until the other boy from the ride over, Blaise Zabini was sorted into Slytherin as well. When Blaise took his seat some of the other First-Years clapping him on his back like old friends Dumbles stood up sending a glance at Harrison and saying it was time to start the feast before saying some random words as if they were a spell to make the food appear. Harrison just shook his head the man was an idiot why not just tell everyone that the food had been prepared by the Castle's regiment of House Elves like it specified in his copy of Hogwarts A History 15 edition which had just come out that summer. As they began to eat the other First-Year Slytherin boys got up and walked over to him before sitting down again.

"I must say it is quite a shock to see the "Great Harry Potter" being sent to Slytherin," Draco Malfoy said with a slight sneer on his face.

"First it is Harrison Potter-Black, and secondly my sire went here, and finally why is it any of your concern," Harrison said as he spooned some mashed potatoes onto his plate.

"You have been mistaken Harrison, James was in Gryffindor," a boy who Harrison recalled was named Nott said.

"I know James was in Gryffindor but I said Sire, not my Bearer," Harrison said as he began to eat missing the shocked look at that piece of information had on his new housemates.

"Wait I thought James had been with the Muggle Lily?" a large boy who Harrison thought was called Vincent said with a look of confusion on his face.

"Yes I heard stories saying she was my mum but she was my Godmother helping my bearer raise me after my sire was declared dead," Harrison said taking a sip from the goblet and thankful that he had tried pumpkin juice before so he did not spit out as he had at the restaurant during the summer.

"Wait so who is your sire then?" Marcus asked.

"Regulus Black," was all Harrison said as he went back to his meal wishing they would just leave him alone so he could eat in peace.

Chapter 5: Godfather's welcome speech

Summary:

Harrison is called up to Dumbles' office before heading towards his new dorms.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"Were cousins," Draco said rather loudly at hearing what Harrison said.

"Man you are as loud as a Gryffindor," Harrison angling his body away from the loud blonde boy.

"WHAT?!?" Draco almost shouted making Marcus, who noticed Harrison wince at the noise, glare at the blonde boy.

"He had to share his compartment with the newest Weasley," Marcus said nodding at the Gryffindor table where the said boy was alternating his time glaring over at them and shoveling food into his mouth.

"That just makes it worse, Harrison how dare you to compare me to that Blood Traitor," Draco said almost pouting at Harrison.

"Blood traitor? I don't think Messer Lupin and Professor Snape told me about that," Harrison said eagerly to learn something new.

"Why would Professor Snape teach you? Also, where have you been living?" Draco asked leaning in from his seat on the other side of the table

"Well as everyone seems to think that Lily Evens had been my mother I had been sent to live with her Muggle sister," he said and saw everyone's mouths fall open in shock. "So as I was basically raised as Muggle I had to go through the pre-classes at Gringotts and the Goblins selected one of my Bearer's friends and my Godfather to be my teachers.  So what are Blood Traitors?"

"There are a couple of ways that a family is given the classification as a Blood Traitor," Marcus said sitting back a little on the bench.  "The most common is breaking a Marriage Contract, then there is a family being found guilty of line theft and finally is for a member of the family trying to kill off the head of his own house to claim the family title,"  Harrisson thought for a moment wondering why Remus and Severus had not shared that bit of information with him his thoughts were interrupted as another person spoke up.

"So you were not raised as like some sort of prince?" one of the other First-Year boys asked who was even bigger larger than Dudley.

"No in fact Lily's sister treated me like a House-Elf for her and her son until her husband got involved," Harrison said. Before the discussion got even further the headmaster stood up making some start of term announcements about staying out of the nearby forest, a list of forbidden objects, and then finally about a corridor he told them to avoid unless they wanted a nasty death. Harrison could only shake his head at the man's dramatics thinking of what his Godfather had told him about the houses, and how the line about instant death would make some from Gryffindor try to enter the corridor anyway. After the announcements, the man had them sing the school song but told everyone to pick their favorite tune leading to one of the loudest and chaotic things Harrison had ever seen especially as several students appeared to be rather a tone death and butchered the thing. Thankfully after Percy's, twin brothers stop singing they were dismissed for the night. A few seats down the Perfect that had helped him on the train stood up and call the first years over to him so he could show them to their Common Room. As Harrison stood up to someone hand fell on his shoulder. Looking up he saw Professor McGonagall.

"Hello Harry the Headmaster would like to see you in his office," the stern woman said and he noticed that despite his real name getting called during the sorting she had called him Harry.

"Alright then where is Professor Snape?' he asked.

"What do you mean?" she said giving them a strange look.

"According to Hogwarts a History any underage student that meets with the Headmaster must be accompanied by either a guardian or Head of their House," Harrison said shocked that the woman would not know that.

"Ah yes um," McGonagall said in a defeated tone as she caught the Potion Master as he was heading off after his students to give his normal start of term speech. Snape gave her a look and an almost hidden smile at Harrison as they followed the deputy Headmistress to a Golden Gargoyle statue where she gave what was evidently the password "Coconut Cream" before leading them up to a large ornate golden door. As the door opened Harrison got his first close-up look at the man who had interfered in his life getting a better look at the man's garish robes that resembled the night sky with the Aurora Borealis randomly flashing across it.

"Ah Harry my boy it is good to meet you I am Albus Dumbledore a close personal friend to your parents," the man said giving him a grandfatherly look with a twinkle over his half-moon glasses.

"Yeah so?" Harrison asked making Severus turn a slight chuckle into a cough while McGonagall glared at him for his disrespect. "Also as it was called during the sorting my name is not Harry it is Harrison."

"Um yes but Harry is more commonly known in our world," Albus said.

"So that does not change the fact that my name is Harrison. Now is that all you wanted to talk to me about how I should go by a different name?" Harrison asked not trusting the man.

"No I wanted to talk to you about the sorting," Albus said slightly confused at the boy's behavior as well as why the spell that would put him in Gryffindor House had failed. "I know that your parents would have like to see you in their old house."

"And I did that going to the house of my Sire so what is your problem?" Harrison asked in fake innocent.

"I think you have been misinformed my boy your father was in Gryffindor House as was your mother," Albus said gently.

"No my Sire was in Slytherin my bearer was in Gryffindor now that that is settled I know there is nothing that actually be done for a re-sorting can only happen at the earliest during a student's Third-Year and only at their request not a member of the staff," Harrison said getting a small nod from his Godfather.

"He is correct Albus I do not see the purpose of this meeting unless you are trying to break the rules something I am sure the board would like to hear about," Snape said as he led Harrison out of the room as Dumbledore and McGonagall glared at them.

 

"You handled that very well Harrison," Snape said as he leads the young First-Year to the school's dungeons and up to a blank wall. "This is the door to the Slytherin dorms to get in you need to give the password which is changed twice a year once at the start of term and then after the Yule break. This term's password is "Snakeskin," Snape said, and as soon as he said it a door opened from the wall. "Sorry I am late it seemed the Headmaster was up to his usual tricks," he said as the pair walked into the room as Harrison blanched a little as everyone in the room looked at them as they entered it.

Harrison quickly made his way inside and to a corner to get out of the way as Professor Snape began his normal start of year announcements after he nodded in greeting several students. "Hello, students I am Severus Snape the Head of Slytherin house as well as the school's Potion Master. Just a warning to you First-Years, unfortunately, our House has a biased reputation just due to the fact that the last dark lord had come from this House. So for your own protection, it is best to go around in groups since some students will cast spells at younger students as they go between classes. This House also has several rules that other Houses do not have to deal with. First off while I understand that as young men and women you may not like everyone in the house and I do not have an issue with that, however, it is best that all problems you have are dealt with inside the dorms while in the main school it is imperative that you all keep a united front," Severus stated. "The next rule is that I have no problems with you causing some chaos around school but if you get caught and earn any type of punishment from anyone other than myself you will also serve a punishment with me. As an example, if you are caught out of bed receiving detention with Filch, the caretaker, to clean the trophy room or something you will also be cleaning out cauldrons with me the next night. On a lighter note this years Quidditch captain is Heir Marcus Flint and he has set the tryouts for the team for the next weekend. Like previous years I shall come once a week in case any of your questions about schoolwork or whatever while the other nights I will be in my office during normal hours. Any other announcements you can find on the board, and with that, I wish you all a good night," Severus stated as with a final wave he left out of the room.

 

"Hello everyone I am Darius Huckabee Seventh-Year Slytherin Perfect, as Professor Snape said it is best to make sure we appear in a united front so if you have any problems with either your house mates or those from other houses please bring them to me as well as the other Prefects," Darius said. "I have a feeling that this year we are going to get more issues than normal due to Harrison being sorted into our house," the tall Seventh-Year said sending a look at the small First-Year who was doing his best to be unnoticed in the corner. "Also for you, new students breakfast starts at around eight am each day, but for tomorrow I would like you to get up at around six thirty so that me and the other Prefects can give you a quick tour of the castle so that you can more easily find your classes when they start. Any questions?" he asked.

"When will we start our classes?" a dark haired girl with a pug like nose asked.

"During breakfast, tomorrow Professor Snape will be passing out your time tables and your first class will be right after breakfast," Darius answered. "Unfortunately the Headmaster in his great wisdom," Darius said making the older students chuckle at his tone that was filled with sarcasm "always seem to put us together with Gryffindor for Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts two of the most dangerous subject here. This is an issue for Gryffindor seems to see us as their rivals for some random reason," Darius said seeing some confused faces from a couple of the First-Year students who were either Half-blood or Muggleborn. "Also as Professor Snape stated he comes to the room once a week to help with anything we also suggest that you First-Years join a study groups for any subject that you might have trouble in, I know the one for History of Magic always fills up fast," he said as several older students chuckled. "That is all I have to say so unless there are any other questions it is time for bed for the first years, everyone else you have one more hour than you had last year. Now then First-Years boys first door to the left girls the same to the right," Darius said gesturing to a doorway leading out of the room.

 

All the other First-Years walked to the door. As soon as the others left Harrison made his way out of the room and turned left. Seeing the door mark First-Year Harrison opened it up revealing another hallway. with two doors leading out. Seeing several name plates on the door he moved forward to find his name. Reading the other names he saw he shared his room with Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini as the other room was used by Draco Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe, and Gregory Goyle. Turning the nob Harrison entered the room and saw it was decorated in the Slytherin colors with silver bed hangings with forest green sheets on the four-poster beds in one side of the room while the opposite side had three desk for them to do their schoolwork in while opposite side from the door that he entered with there was a door that looked like it lead to an attached bathroom.
"Hello Heir Potter-Black, I am Heir Zabini," a tall dark-skinned boy said holding out his hand. Recalling his lessons over the summer Harrison reached forward but rather than grabbing the other boy's hand he took hold of his forearm as a means to check to make sure the other did not have a weapon other than their wand.

"It is nice to meet you Heir Zabini," he said quietly

"And I am Heir Nott," the other boy said, who was a head taller than both him and Zabini, shaking his hand. "I don't think they actually brought your trunk," Nott said indicating the beds one of which had no trunk beside it.

"Oh that is because I have it with me," Harrison said as he took his bag off and put it on his bed. "I did not really want to trust anyone with my stuff." Harrison than surprised his dorm mates as he reached into the bag all the way to his shoulder before he began to pull something out. With a grunt, he was able to get his trunk out and pulled it into place before his bed.

"Why would you keep your trunk in a magic bag?" Zabini asked.

"When I first got my stuff for school I found out that our delightful Headmaster was both stealing from me as well as having me under some enchantments and I was not willing to let him have any access to my belongings before I got them properly protected," Harrison said once more rooting around in his bag before pulling out a small stack of books that he placed on the bedside table.

"And how will you accomplish that we don't know the spells to do that yet?" Nott asked liking the idea of having his own property protected from the Headmaster after hearing stories about the man from his parents.

"Oh, that part is actually easy according to my Godfather all a student needs to do is ask one of the Hogwarts' House Elves to make sure only the student and anyone they have approved of could access their stuff," Harrison explained seeing his roommates share a look. "Um, can I speak to one of the Hogwarts' noble House Elves?" Harrison asked the room in general.

"How can Alesto help you, young Student?" a House Elf dressed in the Hogwarts uniform but with a green and silver coloration showing she was a Slytherin Elf.

"Hello, Alestor I was wondering if you could place a protection ward on my possessions so that only I can access them?" Harrison asked with a bow to show his support for the creature.

"I can be doing that young Master," the Elf said with a snap of their fingers as she put protection of the objects in the room that shared his magical signature.

"Um can you do that to my stuff as well?" the other two boys asked the Elf copying the boy to the small Elf.

"Of course young Masters," she said putting wards on their belongings as well. "Before Alesto leaves I must say it is nice to have a founders Heir in this noble house." she said bowing low to Harrison who blushed before she popped away.

"Wait what?" Nott asked giving the smaller male a surprised look.

"As I have a feeling our fellow housemates will want to know as well I will explain it later," Harrison said with a small shrug as he pulled out some parchment to write to Remus and his Uncle a letter to inform them which House he had been sorted into to send it out at breakfast when the post owls arrived.

"Alright whenever you feel comfortable with sharing we will be all ears," Heir Zabini said as he wrote his own letter to his mother before he began to head into the bathroom to take a shower before he went to bed. After finishing his letter Harrison climbed into his bed and pulled over one of his books to read before bed. As he put his book away he really hoped that he only had classes with the Gryffindors during Potions and DADA as he knew Severus would keep the members of that loud House quiet like he had done with Dudley during their first couple of lesson, and he hoped whoever taught the DADA class would have the same talent so that he could actual focus on the lessons.

 

Thanks to an alarm all three boys woke up at around six am giving both Nott and Harrison a chance to take a shower as Zabini went through some early morning stretches and exercises and still make it out to the Common Room for the six-thirty for their tour of the castle from the Slytherin Perfects. As soon as the group left the Slytherin dorms they made their way to the Potion labs as well as showing where Professor's office was in case they needed to talk to him before they headed up into the main school. As they walked Nott turned to Harrison and asked, "So we are all here you going to explain what Alesto said last night about being an Heir to a Founder?" The rest of the tour group, both First-Years and the Prefects turned to him making Harrison let out a deep sigh. As the group headed up the Main Staircase bypassing the Great Hall Harrison told them about the test result he received from the bank, without telling the larger group about the stuff the Headmaster had done to him.

"I can not believe you are the Heir of three Houses," Draco said shocked that the boy he had taken as a Muggleborn in the robe shop was so well highly placed in their world.

"Well to according to the test I can only claim two of them when I come of age and the third I believe is claimed by my Uncle Sirius," Harrison said as they reached the first floor and the Prefects began to show them all the classrooms on the floor.

"Wait as in Sirius Black the man who betrayed your parents?" the girl who he had learned was Miss Parkinson as her older brother was the family's Heir.

"No the one who betrayed them was someone named Peter Pettigrew, Uncle Sirius was innocent and since we learned of it the Goblins have been trying to get him free but have being blocked in the Wizengamot," Harrison explained.

"They sent a Lord of one of the Houses to Azkaban Illegally," Darius said shocked at the news as he thought of letting his father know who worked for the Daily Prophet.

 

"Oh when my mother hears of this she is going to raise Hell," Draco said knowing how important family was to both his parents and even if they did not like each other he knew she would not let a member of her family to stay in the prison when he was innocent. Most of the other students vowed they would also talk to their families about helping get his uncle free as the went through their tour. During the tour the Slytherin group ran into groups from both the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses as their first years also were given tours of the castle. All three tour groups arrived at the Great Hall ten after eight am and saw that apart from Percy and a handful of students that there were no Gryffindor students at their table. A half-hour later the Gryffindor students began to enter the halls barely arriving before the post arrived. Harrison had expected only Hedwig to show up but he was surprised as a flock of owls arrived before him almost knocking over his morning grape juice as they tried to deliver their letters first. Darius seeing the shocked look on his face waved his wand as he summoned all the letters to him and put them into stacks before the young First-Year Slytherin.

Once their letters were gone the owls quickly flew away until only Hedwig remained her feathers sticking up in annoyance at the other birds, as she hopped over to her owner and nuzzled against him before he gave he a pet and some bits of bacon before he attached his letters for Remus and Uncle Vernon. With a soft hoot, Hedwig flew away with her letter as Harrison turned to the stack of letters people had sent him. He saw that a few were starting to smoke a little making him think of the Howler things that Snape had told him about. As he did not recognize the address from the sender he quickly grabbed them and tossed them into the fire before they could scream at him. When the Howlers were gone the stack now had only ten letters one of which had been sent by Remus so he put that aside for later turning back to the nine letters scratching his head as to who would be writing to him. He only got through the first couple of line for each letter before he crumpled them up as most were from people he did not know trying to tell him to change his Hogwarts' House, with one each for him to join Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, while the other seven were all nearly the same telling him he needed to be in Gryffindor and that he was not safe in Slytherin. He could not figure out what gave these people the idea that they could tell him what House he should belong to just because of what he had done as a baby, The worst one appeared to be from Percy's mom telling him that his parents would be so ashamed of him for being in such a dark House and she would not allow any friend of her son to belong to such a house. He really could not figure that out Percy had not seemed to mind the house he end up in based on the amount of applause Percy had given him after his sorting.

Notes:

A note on the names: The reason Draco, Marcus, and Darius's first names are used rather than their last is due to a family relationship (Draco) and their roles in the house as Quidditch Captain and Prefect. While Theo, Blaise, and Pansy are only called by their last name is due to there is yet a bond to form between them and Harrison. Once they are familiar enough with each other they will be called by their first name. Also, The only reason I did not have Molly send a Howler, yet, as you would expect is due to her trying to foster a relationship between him and her kids.

Chapter 6: Yesterday Problems are Today's Headaches

Summary:

Harrison and the rest of the school get used to him being a Slytherin.

Chapter Text

Harrison was sure that Percy did not mind that he was in Slytherin but the letter from the older male's mother planted a seed of doubt in him, so he decided to see if he could find Percy during one of his breaks to see if the applause during his sorting had been fake. Just at that moment, Professor Snape was walking down the table handing out the students scheduled smiling as he gave them to both his Godsons. "What was that about I don't think I have ever seen Professor Snape smile before?" Marcus asked in surprise.

"He is my Godfather," both Harrison and Draco said at the same time then looked at each other in shock.

"I did not know he was anyone else Godfather," Draco said giving Harrison a searching look tilting his head at the other boy.

"I don't think he knew about it until Gringotts contacted him after I went through an Inheritance test," Harrison said before he turned back to his meal and looked in annoyance at all the owl prints in his food. Chewing the inside of his lip he pushed his plate aside before grabbing a fresh one and put some bacon and eggs on it as he poured some milk into his goblet. Harrison was halfway through his meal when the majority of the Gryffindors finally started to arrive to eat their breakfast including Percy's youngest brother who arrived last sending a look of anger at Harrison and his friends. Paying it no heed Harrison saw that the first class on was History of Magic with the Ravenclaws looking at the rest of his schedule he was a little disappointed to see he did not have Potions with his Godfather until Friday. At the Gryffindor house's arrival, the noise level in the hall grew exponentially making Harrison groan as he grabbed his bag and headed to class the noise putting him off his meal.

 

Arriving at the classroom Harrison chose a seat at the back and began to pull out his supplies from his bag before even the second student arrived. "Ready for class Harrison?" Heir Nott asked taking the seat next to him.

"Yeah you left the Great Hall in quite a hurry," Draco said taking the seat on his cousin's other side.

"Everything alright?" Heir Zabini asked taking the last seat at the four-person desk.

"Those Lions were just too loud for my taste," Harrison said quietly making Draco let out a soft chuckle.

"Just be glad you did not stay and see the Weasel eat I don't know how Ronald did not choke with the amount of food he was shoveling into his mouth," Heir Nott said looking a little green at the memory of the other's table manners. The group shared a small laugh as the rest of the class came into the room. Harrison was both looking forward to and dreading this class for he had always liked History which only grew when he started his pre-lessons with Remus, but during one of the last lessons, Remus informed him that the Hogwarts Professor of the subject tended to put most of the students to sleep in a low droning voice though he had said that some had the talent to stay awake. Harrison hoped he had the talent to stay awake as Professor Binns came into the room via the blackboard. He felt like kicking Remus as he had not been told that the Professor had been a ghost making him and several others who had grown up in the Muggle world give a small sound of shock. To his joy, Harrison found out that he was one of the few in the class who had been able to resist the ghost historian's voice which his housemates were so grateful for he could help them with their homework and study for their test. As they were leaving the class Harrison started to hear people start to talk about him.

"Did you see him there right in that group of snakes the one with the ponytail?" he heard someone say.

"I can't believe he got sorted into that House his parents would be pissed," another said.

"Doesn't he know he is surrounded by baby Death Eaters?" someone asked.

"I hear he thinks he is Pureblood someone needs to tell him the truth."

"He states that Sirius Black is both his uncle and innocent that is not true is it?" Harrison wanted to bang his head into a wall as he heard what the others were saying about him as his housemates moved in to surround him like an honor guard as they made their way down to Herbology with the Hufflepuffs.

 

"Hello Harrison," Neville said as he joined the four Slytherins at their table for the lesson.

"Hey Neville enjoying your classes so far?" Harrison asked.

"It is okay, though I have a question are you really best friends with Ron Weasley?" Neville asked.

"That came out of nowhere where would you get that idea?" Harrison asked back,

"Well I just came from Charms with the Gryffindors and Ron was boasting that he was your best friend," Neville said.

"I could not even sit in the same compartment with him on the train ride for half an hour so no he is not, nor do I see us ever being friends," Harrison said rolling his eyes as he puts his trowel down harder than he planned to and making a small dent in the wooden table and getting a raised eyebrow from Professor Sprout causing him to blush. For once he was thankful to all the time Petunia had made him work in the garden as he was second in the class right behind Neville. As he had a free period after Herbology before lunch Harrison decided to check out the library, and he was glad he did as he walked into a room filled with more books than he could have ever imagined.

"Can I help you young man?" a stern woman who had grey hair in a tight bun asked leering at him over small rectangular framed glasses.

"I just wanted to take a look at the library," Harrison said before asking "how many can I take out at a time?"

"I prefer if you only take one of my books at a time young man," the woman said.

"Okay are there any other restrictions?" Harrison asked opening up more than he had with most people due to his love of books.

"Just that you can not take books out of the Restricted Section without proper approval from a Professor," Madam Pince said.

"Alright then," Harrison said moving to the nearest bookshelf and taking a book the sounded interesting pulled it off, and carried it to one of the tables. As was her nature Pince watched the boy see how he treated her books. She loved all the books in her library and if he showed them proper respect she would decide to let him take out more than one. She had to smile as the young Slytherin showed the books, in her opinion, the respect they deserved, unlike the First-Year Gryffindor girl that had been here earlier. Harrison was so into his book he barely noticed that it was almost time for lunch until someone stopped at his table.

 

"Not hungry Harrison?" they asked causing him to look up with a smile to see Percy.

"Oh hey Percy I was just too absorbed in this book," Harrison said happy to see his older friend. "Just let me check this book out quick I want to talk to you about something as we go to lunch," he said as he hurried up to the desk and checked the book out finding the woman was nicer to him this time for some reason.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Percy asked as the pair left for the Great Hall.

"Do you mind that I am in Slytherin?" Harrison asked as the seed of doubt wrapped itself around his heart.

"What makes you say that?" Percy asked confused looking down at him.

"One of the letters I got this morning was from your mother telling me she was not going to let her son be friends with a Slytherin," Harrison said.

"First off I have no problem with what house you are in I never really cared about all that stuff. And unfortunately, I don't think I was the one she was referring to is my youngest brother, Ronald, for in case you have not heard has been telling anyone who will listen that you and he are "best friends" I am sorry," Percy said shaking his head at his little brother's attitude.

"Yeah, I heard from Neville Longbottom about him telling people in their Charms class. I really don't care for the more he tells them to people the more people are going to see what type of person he is when the truth comes out, which it always does," Harrison said with a shrug.

"You definitely belong in Slytherin Harrison," Percy said with a laugh as he ruffles Harrison's hair.

"What do you want Weasley are you picking on Harrison?" Draco's voice asked as the pair turn a corner.

"Knock it off Draco, Percy is not like his brothers he is a good guy," Harrison said seeing Percy get an annoyed look at the tone from the blonde boy.

"And where did you get to cousin?" Draco asked turning to him.

"The library or do I need your permission to go somewhere quiet?" Harrison shot back glaring at Draco.

"Calm down Harrison he was worried after you left or do you not recall what Professor Snape told us last night," Heir Zabini said placing himself between his two housemates and holding up his hands in a calming gesture.

"Sorry I just wanted to check out the schools' supply of books," Harrison said with a slight blush.

"I am sorry Cousin if I told you who you could or could not be friends with I would be no better than Ronald," Draco said sending Percy a look. Letting out a deep sigh Draco then bowed to the older Weasley, "Perfect Weasley I am sorry for the insult to your family as well as my misjudgment towards you." Percy looked rather shocked at the apology as he took a couple of moments to respond.

"That is alright Heir Malfoy I can understand your thought process with the lies my youngest brother has been spreading about your cousin," Percy responded back to him as the group reached the Great Hall and headed to their separate tables. Once Harrison and the others reached their seats they looked up in time to see what looked like Percy telling off Ronald as the redhead seemed to be rather angry if his red faces, matching the same color as his hair was any indication. The group of Slytherin began to chuckle at the younger redhead look like he was throwing a tantrum as he was told off in the middle of the Great Hall. Unknown to Harrison the others who had noticed that he did not like loud noises had talked to Professor Snape during their free period to ask him if he could cast a charm on the Slytherin table so that no matter where Harrison sat the sounds of the hall would be muffled for him. Thus it was Harrison who could not explain why the soft argument drew the attention of one of the Professors over to the pair of redheads to break up their argument which was causing quite a scene in the hall.

 

After lunch Harrison and the others only had a double period of Charms once more with the Ravenclaws. As the Professor took attendance when he reached Harrison's name he actually fell off his seat in joy much to Harrison's annoyance as for he never did like to be the center of attention, but at least it was only one small occurrence before they began their lesson. As it was a double period the first part was theory on the spells they would be working on while the rest was the actual practical approach. Harrison recalled his lessons with Remus about cores and their talents with certain branches of magic as he was one of the first to correctly use the spell to change the color of an object earning him ten points. The others congratulated him as they the room for supper making Harrison blush a little at the attention though rather pleased with himself for earning ten points in his first day as they passed the hourglasses that kept track of the points. He saw that three of the houses were actually quite close in points but Gryffindor was almost in the negatives, due to Ron's tantrum during lunch where he chewed out a Prefect, even if it was his brother, and one of the teachers. "I don't think I have ever seen the Gyffindorks so low so quickly," Marcus said with a laugh as he walked past the group ruffling Harrison's hair. The others laughed as Harrison began to pull his hair back into his ponytail giving the older boy an annoyed look which only made Marcus chuckled at him.

"What is with the older students and my hair?" Harrison moaned bringing about more laughter.

 

"Heir Potter I would like to speak to you after supper," Professor Snape said as he went to his seat at the head table. Through the rest of the meal, Harrison worried that he had gotten into trouble when he had gone off on his own before lunch and had little appetite but would not leave the table until he saw his Godfather finish his meal and head out of the Hall. "It is alright Harrison," Snape said as he entered the man's office a few moments later filled with fear "you are not in trouble I just wanted to know how your first day of classes went." Breathing a sigh of relief Harrison took one of the black dragon leather wingback chairs in the room and accepted a small tray of biscuits from him.

"It was not bad, apart from being talked about behind my back as I made my way to class a fellow student telling everyone that he is my best friend and a flock of owls all telling me I needed to change houses due to my parents being disappointed in me," Harrison shared munching on the edge of the biscuit. "But worse of all is that no one seems the believe me when I tell them who my parents are. Um, sir, I have a question that has been on my mind for a bit," he said looking up at his Head of House.

"No need to be so formal Harrison when it is just the two of us you can call me Severus," Severus said.

"Alright how come according to my Inheritance Test my bearer was called James Black yet I am Harrison Potter-Black?"

"Ah I have a guess as I was not really around during that time you might want to send an owl to Remus to be absolutely sure," Severus said. "I would think that since Regulus had an older brother that could carry on the Black Family Line while James was the only child and the last of his line your parents decided to call you Harrison Potter-Black. Either that or after your Sire went missing as a way to protect you since the dark lord was after you they had made it look as if you were the son of James and Lily and it would have been strange for you to be known as Harrison Black when Regulus was gone."

"I guess that makes sense I still wish that I could go by Harrison Black maybe then everyone would not act l can achieve miracles," Harrison said nodding his head in thought.

"Please tell me that is true from your own housemates?" Severus asked leaning forward and placing a hand on Harrison's knee.

"No, they are all good though a little overprotective of me," Harrison said with a small chuckle "It is mostly the Gryffindors, apart from Percy who seem to think I am so great I see it in their faces as if they can not decide if they should for some reason worship me for my name yet hate me for what house I am in. Thankfully Draco, Heir Zabini, and Heir Nott see me for the person I am rather than who they thought I should be," Harrison said.

"That is good I think you have found some good friend there Harrison," Severus said taking his hand of his Godsons knee to reach up and ruffle the boy's hair only for Harrison to see the movement and lean back into his chair and place his hands protectively over his head giving his Godfather a cold look making the Potions Master throw his head back and let out a deep belly laugh at his Godson.

Chapter 7: Class with the Gryffindorks

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The next day at breakfast Harrison got a letter of congratulations from both Uncle Vernon as well as Remus. As Hedwig ate some of his bacon Harrison quickly scribbled a letter to Remus asking him if he knew why his name was Potter-Black rather than Black as Severus had suggested. Hedwig gave an exasperated hoot seeing him roll up the letter and hold it out for her but she gave him a playful nip before heading out to deliver it. Returning to his breakfast Harrison became aware of a great deal of muttering around him and saw most students were bending over one of the Magical newspaper. Seeing the look on his face Draco, who was sitting next to him this morning, shifting the paper letting him see the article that most in the hall were reading.

 

Lord of House Black Imprisoned Without Trial.

You read that correctly my dear readers Lord Sirius Black has spent the last ten years in Azkaban the world's worst Magical Prison without a trial. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I was caught in what could only be called a storm of Owls all telling me the same thing. It seems the nephew of Lord Black has just started Hogwarts this year and had let it slip that the dangerous ex-Death Eater had never even received a trial after his capture. If I had thought that was strange I was in for a further shock to learn the identity of the nephew was one Harrison, sometimes referred to as Harry, Orion Potter-Black. It seems that unlike what we have been told Harry Potter is not the child of James Potter and Lily Evens, who as it turns out was never married to James. No James Potter was Harry's Bearer while the Boy-Who-Lived's Sire was Regulus Black younger brother of Lord Black. To run a fact check I decided to pay a visit to Gringotts bank and check the Black family records, to my surprise the Goblins did not make me run the gauntlet of bureaucracy to get at their records as they showed me not only the recent Black family tree (see page 5 for a copy) but also let me peruse the Wills of both James Potter and Regulus Black (see page 7 for an edited copy of the wills. The fact that Lord Black was the Uncle and Brother-in-law of Harry and James makes it highly unlikely that he would betray them to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and with reading James's Will it even states that Lord Black was not the Secret Keeper of James and Lily, who as it turns out is Harry Godmother, not mother, as we have been told but Peter Pettigrew. One can only wonder why shortly after Lord Black's arrest did Albus Dumbledore come forward and tell then Minister Millicent Bagnold that Lord Black had been James and Lily Potter's Secret Keeper. This is all the more troubling as Albus Dumbledore would often tell others after the events of that Halloween that he had been the one to cast the Fidelius Charm to protect James and Harry Potter.

 

Harrison could not read anymore as he leaned back shaking his head. Yes, he was happy that this might get his Uncle free but as whoever wrote this seemed to refuse to use his real name or James's married name it was just annoying him. Though he did like the fact that his Uncle was always referred to as Lord Black while Dumbledore, who had multiple titles, was only called his name. Seeing Draco was finished with the paper Harrison pulled it closer to him and quickly turned to page seven to read his Sire's will.

 

Will of Regulus Black (edited to not share inheritance he passed on and to who)

I, Regulus Alnilam Black being of sound mind and body leave this my last will and testament let all that have come before it is considered null and void. James my love I am sorry to leave you to raise our child alone but I feel that I must take care of this last bit myself. And my son Harrison I can only regret that I did not have the time to get to know you or see you grow up to be the outstanding Wizard I know you will be. Sirius as I said multiples is our youth you need to heed your own name and get serious about what is going on pranks and jokes are good but you need to let some things go but most importantly live well brother and do not morn me over long. Lily I know I am asking a lot of you but please help James raise Harrison I have a feeling he is going to need all the help he can get. Remus my old friend I do hope you get both your Masters as well as your wish to become a teacher chin up and give them Hell. Peter what can I say I hope you find your courage one of these days take care of yourself you have been looking quick pale as of late. Severus my oldest friend, I beg you once again please forgive James for the follies he made in our youth I want Harrison to know you. After all, the rest of his family is Gryffindors he needs to know some Slytherin Pride. (Next part taken out due to Inheritance)  As I go to do my part towards ending this idiotic war, I can only say once more that I leave my love to my family and friends. Morn me not but live and hope for a good life full of both laughter and love .

 

Harrison had not even realized he had started crying until Draco pulled him over and ran a pocket-handkerchief over his face to wipe away the tears. Sending a look up at the high table and seeing a smile from his Godfather, as well as the thunderous look on Dumbles' face as he read the paper, Draco pulled Harrison out of the hall and to their first class of the day. Once the pair had taken empty seats in the back of the empty room Draco helped Harrison put himself back together before the others arrive. "Thanks, Draco," Harrison said leaning into his cousin's shoulder for a bit enjoying the silence of the empty classroom.

"Don't mention it, Cousin," Draco said ruffling Harrison's hair earning him a nasty look.

"Do you think you will ever stay for the entire breakfast?" Heir Zabini said taking the empty seat beside him as Heir Nott took the last one.

"It all depends on the post I guess," Harrison said with a shrug as he began to pull his books out for the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Harrison was a little nervous for his class for two main reasons one he did not like the idea of attacking anyone no matter how much they might earn it, case and point Percy's younger brothers, but also it was his fist class with the Gryffindors and he did not want to deal with all the noise they made. Speak of the devil and he shall appear as the door to the room burst open and a crowd of loud students walked in dressed in the colors of Gryffindors. He did see one student dressed in red that was quite at least as one of the people he had noticed in the library walked in with her nose in a book, maybe there was some hope for the house after all.

"Hey Harry, come and sit upfront with me," Ron said, well more like ordered in Harrison's opinion.

"Why?" was all he asked as Draco and Heir Zabini leaned towards him protectively.

"Why because we are friends now that I am here you do not have to sit with those slimy snakes," Ron said loudly making sure everyone heard him as the other Slytherins in the room shot him nasty looks that he either ignored or did not see.

"No," Harrison said simply as he opened a notebook and readied his quill ignoring the redheaded pest.

"Alright Malfoy, what did you do to my friend?" Ron asked loudly, it seems the boy did not have a normal inside voice.

"First of all my Cousin did nothing to me, secondly I am not nor have I ever been your friend, you talk about sitting with "slimy snakes" well where else would I sit beside with members of my own House," Harrison said making the room fall instantly quiet as only Draco, Heirs Nott and Zabini had ever heard him talk so much. "  And finally my name is not Harry it is Harrison now why don't you be a good little lion cub and go join the circus or something." Harrison's friends and the other Slytherins in the room laughed as Ron's face turned a bright red to match his hair but before he could do anything the Professor arrived.

 

It seemed that Harrison's feelings about the class had been correct it was full two hours of torture with how loud the Gryffindors, he might just take a leaf from Marcus' book and call them the Gryffindorks, coupled with how useless the Professor was. Even the girl who had arrived with her nose in a book was horrible, often interrupting the Professor with questions and comments always in the same bossy sounding voice making everyone groan both Slytherin and Gryffindorks. By the end of class, Harrison wanted to seek asylum in the Library but unfortunately, he did not have any free periods that day so he was forced to join the others as they made their way to Transfiguration, with the Hufflepuffs.

 

This was another class Harrison was not looking forward to just due to how the Professor had acted after the welcoming feast, and then add to the fact that Percy had informed him that she was the Head of Gryffindor House made him want to bang his head against his desk. Unlike most other classrooms he had yet seen the Transfiguration room had separate desks for everyone meaning rather than share with his friends they sat around him. With Draco sitting right in front of him, Heir Nott to his left, and Heir Zabini sitting behind him as he had saved the desk on his right for Neville who looked quite shaken as he took the offered seat. "What's up Neville?" Harrison asked.

"I just had potions," the other boy said as if that explained it.

"Yeah and?" Draco prompted turning around to join in the discussion before class started.

"I know he is your guys' Head of House and everything but Professor Snape is one scary guy I almost melted my cauldron I was so nervous as he walked around the room thankfully the person I was paired up with noticed before anything happened," Neville said laying his head on his desk and letting out a deep sigh as the four Slytherins bit their lips to stop themselves from laughing while Harrison gently rubbed Neville's back. When it was time for the class to start there was no sign of Professor McGonagall as several of the students began to mutter to each other asking if the class had been canceled or something.

"I would not put it past her it is said she only really respects her Lion Cubs," Draco said using the nickname Harrison had used earlier for Ron.

"She is already here," Harrison said quietly making the people sitting around him snap their heads towards him.

"What do you mean like some disillusionment charm? Heir Nott asked.

"No she is sitting right there," Harrison said lifting his left arm and pointing to the cat sitting on top of the teacher's desk making the students gasp in shock a the pronouncement. The cat nodded its head as it leaps from the desktop and in mid-air transformed back into the stern older woman.

"Very good Harry ten points to Slytherin," she began.

"Harrison," Harrison said interrupting her much to her annoyance and his friends' amusement

"What?" she asked with an edge to her voice

"My name is Harrison I do not like to be called Harry," he said seeing she was not impressed with his statement.

"Fine Harrison but for disrespect for a Professor I am afraid I will have to remove those ten points from Slytherin," she said with a smile as if she thought he would raise an issue with it, but all he did was shrug his shoulders and opened his book. Professor McGonagall gave a brief introduction to her class as she walked around the room before turning her desk into a warthog for a moment before changing it back. She then gave them their assignment of changing matchsticks into needles before she began to walk around the room to watch them work. Harrison did not see why the assignment was so hard for some of his classmates as he read the coursebook for a bit before he pulled out his wand and easily shifted the wooden match to a metal needle. Neville and Heir Zabini gasped in shock as Harrison picked up the needle and to prove it was a complete change pricked his finger with it. "Very good Harrison two points for getting it done on the first try," Professor McGonagall said from his blind spot making him jump and turning the small prick into lodging the needle into his finger. His four friends glared at the woman had noticed that she had waited until after the needle was pressed to his flesh before she had spoken. McGonagall had a smirk on her face as she walked to check on some other student as with a grimace Harrison pulled the needle painfully from his left pointer finger and accepted a handkerchief from Draco to wrap his now bleeding digit in.

"Professor," Harrison said raising his non-injured hand.

"Yes Harrison?" she asked.

"Can I go to the Hospital Wing to have the Matron look at my finger?" he asked as McGonagall turned to look at the clock.

"The class is almost over you can wait until afterward," she said with another smirk playing around her lips making Harrison's friend bite their tongue lest they tell her off and lost their own points. Evidently, McGonagall's definition of "almost over" was thirty minutes by which time the white handkerchief Draco had given him had stained a little red with his blood. Harrison knew that since the needle was recently transfigured by magic the wound it had caused would only be able to be closed with magic, which is why he had only planned on poking himself without breaking the skin for his test. After class was over, all five boys headed to the Hospital Wing and had Madam Pomfrey fix his finger who joined them in their annoyance aimed towards McGonagall.

"Don't worry boys I shall take care of it," Madam Pomfrey said after she had gotten the whole story and easily closed the wound in Harrison's finger making a promise to herself to have a serious talk with Minerva about how she treated the students. The group thanked her as they headed to lunch with Harrison in the middle of the others letting his smaller form be blocked so people would not start asking him about the article again. Even they arrived late for lunch Harrison, and the other Slytherins were not worried as they had the afternoon off due to having Astronomy that night. Rather than head to the library after lunch, Harrison decided to head back to his room to take a quick nap as he had never stayed up so late before and he wanted to be fully awake for the class.

 

"Time for supper," someone called sticking their head through the door to wake him up.

"Thank you Heir Zabini," Harrison said with a slight yawn and stretch as he climbed out of his bed.

"You know you can call me Blaise right?" Blaise asked with a slight chuckle as Harrison put his hair back into a ponytail.

"Alright Blaise, I just did not want to seem overly familiar," Harrison said with a small smile. "During my prep-lessons, both Professor Snape and Mr. Lupin said until I have been given permission I should always refer to others by either their titles or last name."

"And that is all well and good but since we share a room as well as, well I don't know about Theo, but I see you as a friend you can drop protocol alright," Blaise said.

"I will try to remember that Blaise," Harrison giving the taller black boy a smile at the joke as they both knew how good his memory was. During supper, Harrison was also given permission to use not only Theodore Nott's, but also Vincent Crabbe, and Gregory Goyle's first names. After the meal, the group headed back to the Common Room to work on the homework they had received. The group had circled up several tables as they worked on their essays, everyone thankful for Harrison's ability to resist Professor Binns' voice as they worked on their History of Magic essays for the next day. "How do you think he grades these?" Harrison asked as he finished his paper and rolled it up and placing it into a special compartment in his school bag to hold his homework rolls in place.

"Ah don't ask me that I don't want to think about it," Vincent cried out who was having the hardest time out of all of them with the work.

"I mean he can hardly hold them let alone mark them when he grades them. Do you think he reads them and dictates the notes to maybe a House Elf or something?" Harrison suggested causing Draco began to giggle as he finished his own essay.

"What is so funny little Firstie?" Marcus said walking past and ruffling Harrison's hair making the dark hair boy decide he was going to research to see if there were any spells that would prevent people from messing with his hair.

"Harrison was wondering how Professor Binns grades his homework since he was a ghost and can not touch it," Blaise explained as Draco was still in the middle of his fits of giggles.

"You know I don't think I have ever heard anyone worry about it," Marcus said letting out a deep belly laugh that caused others to join in as the question was brought up to the others. Harrison could not help but blush a little as he left the room due to the overwhelming noise of the laughter heading back to his room to finish his schoolwork only coming out when it was time to head up to Astronomy.

 

The rest of the week went just as smoothly for Harrison and his friends, at least on his third day he was able to stay the entire breakfast before class. The only downside was the younger Weasleys were still their annoying selves. It seems the twins decided to prank him for some reason by making his robes take on the appearance as if he was a Gryffindork. He assumed they were trying to get a rise out of him but all he did was raise an eyebrow at the change in clothes before he asked for Madam Pince since they had decided to this in the library, to change his robes back. With a smile and flick of her wand, she put his clothes back in order before banishing the twins from the library for the day. With a roll of his eyes, Harrison went back to his work only for a book to bang loudly onto his work table causing him to look up into the face of the bushy-haired Gryffindor girl. "Can I help you?" he asked.

"I have decided to help you since you will need it to pass our classes," she said with a bossy tone.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Harrison asked tilted his head in confusion.

"Well I am the smartest witch of our year and it is a burden but I just have to help all you idiots," she said.

"Yeah, no I don't think I need that type of help," Harrison said as he begins to put his work back in the bag. "Also if you feel the need to help people it might be a good idea to be a little nicer and introduce yourself." Leaving the girl who now had an ugly look on her face he walked over and said farewell to Madam Pince before heading out. Harrison decided to add her to the growing list of Gryffindorks to avoid as he made his way back to the dorms via a hidden passage Severus had shown him to avoid the crowded corridors. He really wished he had the map that Remus had told him about over the summer only to stop in place as he remembered Remus said it was somewhere at Hogwarts. With a grin, he changed his path from the Common Room to Severus's office. Thankfully his Godfather did not have class as Harrison was invited inside after he knocked.

"Ah, Harrison what can I help you with?" Severus asked.

"I was wondering if you could performing a Summoning charm on the Marauder's Map that Remus told us about?" Harrison taking his now normal seat before the fire.

"Can I ask why you want the map?" Severus asked taking his seat and placing a glass of grape juice before Harrison.

"I want to use it to help me avoid some of the Gryffindorks," Harrison said with a shrug as he took a sip of his favorite drink.

"But not for pulling pranks on them right?" Severus asked arching an eyebrow at him.

"Oh yes can you see me do that, and I will not share it with Draco and the others as well if you are worried about that," Harrison said.

"Alright just wanted to be sure," Severus said as with a flick of his wand as he used the description of the map Remus had given them to summon the map. The pair waited for a second each finishing off their drinks before an old bit of parchment slide out from under the door and into the Potion Master's hands. Looking down he saw the map was already in use and it was actually focused on his office. With a look of concentration Severus cast a quick spell that would make the map no longer respond to summoning charms as he gave it back to Harrison. "You do recall how Remus told us how to activate and turn it off correct?" Severus asked.

Harrison took out his wand and without looking at the map touched it and muttered," Mischief Managed" which blacked the entire map as he put it into his bag. The pair spent the time before supper talking about how Harrison's first week had gone so far. "Well classes have been okay and everything would be perfect if Percy's younger brothers were not such prats and now one of the First-Year Gryffindork girls had decided on her own that I would need her help in class. Which I think is rather strange since I have only one class with her at the moment." Harrison said.

"Ah I think I can see why you wanted the map," Severus said with a slight chuckle.

"But on the bad news front I have still not found a spell that would prevent people from messing with my hair," Harrison said crossing his arms across his chest and actually pouting a little.

"I don't think I have any spells I know of that can do that," Severus said laughing at his Godson's disappointed face. At dinner that night it seems the Weasley Twins were in a mood as they glared at everyone for some reason, making Severus smile to himself thinking he had figured out who had the map before he summoned it away. That would explain how they had been able to pull some of their pranks over the years. During the meal, Severus also had some words with Minerva about not letting Harrison go to the Hospital Wing after he had basically stabbed himself with the magical needle thanks to her surprising him.

"I am sure there was no problem Severus my boy," Albus said butting in.

"I hate to disagree but by the time he got to my Wards he had been bleeding for at least half an hour," Poppy said glaring at Transfiguration Professor "If that happens to another student in your class I will bring it up to the board." Both Albus and Minerva looked as if they had wanted to continue on protest but thought better of arguing with the Matron.

 

On Friday Harrison received a letter from an unfamiliar owl which after reading it saw it was from Hagrid inviting him to afternoon tea after Potions class. With a shake of his head, Harrison balled the letter up into a ball and threw it into the fire. "What's up Harrison?" Vincent asked.

"You recall how I told you about who had first taken me to get my school supplies right?" Harrison asked.

"The groundskeeper Hadid or something," Blaise said, "what about him?"

"Well he decided to ask me to stop over for tea during our break," Harrison said shaking his head.

"Am I missing something here?" Gregory asked confused why the other boy would not want free food.

"Well due to my Aunt's lies to my Uncle when my Hogwarts's letter arrived we had left my house and after collecting my stuff Hagrid dropped me off back home a full day before my family was set to return. If it had not been a Portkey from the Goblins I would have been left alone for a full twenty-four hours by myself without food," Harrison said noticing the shocked looked on the faces of his friends at how anyone could treat a child like that.

"So I take it you do not plan on going?" Theo asked.

"Is the sky blue? Of course not," Harrison said making the other's laugh as they pack up to head to potions. Arriving before the Gryffindorks the Slytherin students take up places on one side of the room and doing as Severus instructed him during the pre-lessons removed his robe and hung it on one of the hooks so that it would be out of the way during the brewing. Seeing the logic in that the rest of the Slytherins also removed their robes as well leaving them in their green and silver Slytherin long sleeve vest. They were setting up the cauldrons and scales the Gryffindorks finally arrived giving their now robeless classmates strange looks as they take their own seats and began to set up their own supplies.

Professor Snape sweep into the classroom nodding his head at the Slytherins as he walked to the front of his class. "Welcome to Potions you are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," he began. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death—if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach" Professor Snape said. "Now can I ask whose idea it was to take off your robes in my classroom?" Snape asked looking at the Slytherin students and making several of the Gryffindorks smile as they thought the others were about to be punished.

"I did," Harrison said from his place in the front row.

"Very good Harrison ten points to Slytherin for not being a dunderhead and showing proper brewing safety," Snape said making the Gryffindorks' faces fall in shock.

"Professor what do you mean," the bushy-haired witch said throwing her hand into the air but not waiting to be called on.

"Well, Miss...."

"Hermione Granger," she responded.

"Well, Miss Granger let me ask you a quick question do you think it is a good idea to wear flowing school robes around an open flame. Do you not notice that I am wearing tighter clothing?" he asked with an arched eyebrow. As Hermione thought about what he had said the Gryffindorks followed suit as they took off their robes. "Now let's see how well you have all prepared for this class," Severus said as he began to walk among the four-person desk. "Who can tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione and several students raised their hands. "Heir Malfoy," Snape called.

"It creates a powerful sleeping potion know as the Draught of Living Death," Draco said smugly making his friends roll their eyes at him.

"Correct Heir Malfoy," Professor Snape said. "Alright who can tell me where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Once more several students raised their hands this time Hermione being the one to be called on.

"It is found in the stomach of a goat and can be used to combat most poisons," Hermione said smugly sending a superior look at Harrison as if to show him that he needed her.

"Very good Miss Granger," Snape said, "now finally what is the difference, Mr. Weasley, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" The youngest of Percy's brother looked startled at being called on and began to flip through the pages of his potions book in search of the answer as Hermione who was sitting behind him lifted her hand up and waver it around to get called on again.

"I don't know sir," Ron said after about three minutes and Hermione was actually standing up to get called on.

"Ms. Granger sit down you have been given my chance to answer a question anyone else like a chance how about you Heir Potter-Black?" Professor Snape asked gently turning away from the Lions and giving him a gentle smile.

"Well sir monkshood and wolfsbane are in fact the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite," Harrison said softly giving his first answer for any of his classes.

"Very good Harrison three points to Heir Malfoy, Ms. Granger, and Heir Potter-Black for correctly answering the questions correctly. For the rest of the lesson, we shall be working on a potion to cure boils the instructions are on the board," Snape said as he flicked his wand at the blackboard making the directions appear "Please pair up into groups of two to make this potion. At the end of the lesson please bottle up your mixture for grading." As Harrison was sitting on the same side of the desk they teamed up to make the potion. The rest of the class went by smoothly with not a single problem unless you could count the hiss of Hermione's voice as she ordered her partner on what to do in brewing, though since she had the misfortune of being paired with Ronald Weasley it was a good thing as she caught him at least three times from making a mistake that could have destroyed their cauldron. As Professor Snape walked around the classroom checking out how everyone was doing, Severus leaned in close and told saw that Draco and Harrison had the best potion in the class. At the end of class as everyone brought their potions prepared Potions up to the front Professor Snape cast a vanishing charm on the rest of the potions before he assigned the class a foot and a half at minimum parchment on how each of the ingredients reacted to each other before dismissing them.

Notes:

Snape's line of greeting the class as well as his questions are direct quotes from the book.

Chapter 8: Wands and Second Languages

Summary:

Harrison receives some news from home, has issues with his wand, and meets a new friend

Chapter Text

After Potions Harrison headed to the familiar confines of the library followed by Theo, and a disinterested Blaise. Both boys gave their smaller friend a strange look when rather than heading directly to the library he stopped in a rarely traveled corridor and looked at a ragged bit of parchment for a moment muttering to himself before leading his friends through corridors and paths neither knew even existed not running into any other student to arrive at the Library sooner they both boys thought was possible. Giving a nod to the stern Librarian and actually getting a small smile from her Harrison headed to his now normal table hidden away from everyone and began to work on some homework. "You mind telling us what that was all about with that old paper?" Blaise asked leaning in and whispering to the smaller boy.

"Just something to help me avoid the annoying Gryffidorks," Harrison without looking up from his work.

"That has to be useful they do have an unhealthy interest in you," Theo said before he left the table to grab a book.

"I swear if you two end up dragging me here all the time I am going to start hanging out with Pansy and Daphne," Blaise groused as he leaned back in his chair and adjusted his hat to block his eye and almost fell right to sleep.

"How does he do that?" Harrison asked at seeing their friend sleep in his mind in such an awkward position.

"You would have to ask him that," Theo said returning with a book and letting it drop to the table with a bang which did not even cause Blaise to flinch.

"Shh," Madam Pince said walking past the table giving Harrison another smile.

"Sorry Madam just proving a point," Theo said with a slight blush as Harrison silently chuckled to himself.

"Be that as it may young man I will not have you mistreat my books three points from Slytherin," Madam Pince said. Blaise then made all three of them jump as he let out a deep belly laugh.

"You're awake?" Theo asked in shock.

"Of course you think I am so crass as to fall asleep in a library?" Blaise said tilting his head forward so his hat slipped down revealing a silly look plastered on his face.

"Slytherins," Madam Pince muttered to herself rolling her eyes as she walked away to check out the next disturbance.

"Are we going to have to start checking to see if you are actually asleep from now on just to make sure you are not listing to our conversations behind our backs?" Harrison teased.

"Let's just say I was checking out your observation skills," Blaise said.

"Yeah right, my guess was I did wake you when I dropped the book and you have been faking,' Theo said making all three friends laugh. All thoughts of Hagrid's invitation for tea were utterly forgotten as the three easily finished their homework before heading to supper. About to enter the Great Hall a large hand comes down onto Harrison's shoulder almost making him fall to his knees.

"'arry where were yee?" Hagrid asked in a booming voice making Harrison put his hands over his ears at the noise.

"Doing my homework, why?" Harrison answered.

"What abot our tea?" Hagrid asked.

"My homework comes first I am just a student after all," Harrison said turning away and heading towards the Slytherin table with Theo and Blaise following behind him.

"ta dink Lily and James's son be in Slytherin," Harrison heard the large man mutter to himself causing him to bite the inside of his cheek rather than correct the man's mistaking belief of his parents. Putting the large man and out of his mind, Harrison took his place at the table and began to fill his plate as Hedwig and an owl holding an official-looking document land before him. Taking the letters from both birds the other bird left as Hedwig took a bit of meat from his plate before she nipped him playfully on his ear. Opening up his Uncle's letter first he recognized the man's handwriting as he began to read.

 

Harrison,

I hope you had a good first week of class. I can not wait to hear all about it next time we meet. On a different note, it is official Petunia and I have been divorced after much talk. She still claims you are a dangerous freak. I must warn you that when you were given to us to raise, however badly I failed at that, we were informed that you were being protected by something called "Blood Wards" tied to Petunia due to her being Lily's sister. I do not know if that is true especially now that we know that you are not Lily's child I would suggest you check with one of your teachers.
Love,

Vernon Dursley

P.S. Dudley would like to pass on his desire to get any more books on any Magical Wars, he said they remind him of the Lord of the Rings.

 

Harrison had to chuckle a he made a note to ask either Professor Snape or Flitwick about Blood Wards before he turned to the second letter.

 

Harrison Orion Potter-Black,

You are requested to take part in the trial of one Sirius Alnitak Black. Due to you being still in school you are to come with your Head of House and to make sure we do not disrupt your classes your part in the trial shall take place during the weekend after next. As we have been informed that you have been raised in a Muggle household there are certain protocols that we must inform you of. First off know that as you are both an Heir to several houses you would be allowed to vote on the outcome of this trial if not for the fact that the accused is your Uncle. Secondly just so you are not shocked during the trial the accused is to sit in a chair which both bonds them in place as well as making it that they can not lie. For others, we use a potion known as Veritaserum which has the same results for up to six questions per dose or twenty-four hours. You may request the use of potion on any witnesses due to your relationship with the accused.

Madam Amelia Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

 

"So what's up cousin," Draco asked after Harrison finished reading both letters.

"Well my Uncle Vernon has divorced my Aunt Petunia and I have been summoned to my Uncle's trial," Harrison said simply.

"What is a divorce?" Draco asked,

"The Magical world does not have divorces?" Harrison asked and saw the others give him looks of confusion. "A divorce is used to end the marriages in the Muggle world."

"Oh we have that here as well but I take it the Muggle version is less messy," Theo said.

"Why how is it done in here?" Harrison asked.

"Well not much unless the marriage produced kids," Blaise said. "For marriages in the Magical World involve a combining of a person's magic to their partner's so to end it the magic has to.... how do I put this, gently pulled apart. This can be rather painful so that some would rather stay together than end the marriage. It is tougher with kids as they are produced as they come from the combined magic the ending of the marriage sometimes disrupt the bonds between parent and child even more so than their parents' death."

"Wow," Harrison said barely paying attention to what he ate as he listened to the explanation.

"So are you excited about our flying lessons next week?" Draco asked during a lull in the conversation.

"Not really I would rather keep my feet on the ground," Harrison said.

"Your father would be ashamed of you," a voice said from behind him.

"What is it now Weasel?" Draco asked glaring at the redheaded boy standing too close behind his Cousin,

"Just that his dad would be ashamed of that attitude after all he was a Quidditch hero while at school," Ron said in his normally loud voice.

"What is Quidditch?" Harrison asked with a twinkle in his eye to his friends causing Ron to sputter incoherently at him.

"It would is like a combination of Muggle Football and Baseketball played upon broomsticks," Blaise answer using Harrison's own words to describe it when he had first been told about the game a couple of days earlier.

"Ah, so what position did Regulus play? Harrison asked glad his friends were playing along.

"I believe he was the team's Seeker," Draco said with a look of concentration on his face as he tried to recall the facts correctly.

"Why are you asking about that Death Eater I was talking about your dad you know James Potter," Ron said.

"No James was my Bearer or Papa my Dad was Regulus," Harrison explained as if telling a two-year-old the sky was blue.

"These snakes have been telling you lies your parents are Lily and James Potter," Ron said full of anger.

"That is enough," Harrison said finally losing his patients with the annoying boy as he set down his silverware and stood up. "I swear on my magic that my parents are James Potter and Regulus Black," he said shocking the idiot into silence as he took out his wand and cast a simple spell to shot sparks proving he had not lied. As Ron left with a strange look on his face Harrison looked down at his wand tilting his head in thought sitting down to applause from his friends for how he handled the Blood Traitor.

 

As it was Friday of their first week Professor Snape had scheduled a secondary meeting just to see how the First-Years had found their first week at the castle. When he met with students who had any questions Harrison came forward to talk to him about Blood Wards that his uncle had written to him about but also ask about his wand. For when he had first gotten his wand it had worked fine but over the last week it had become less reliable as if it was fighting him. "You picked your wand up before your cleansing if I am not mistaken correct?' Snape asked.

"Yes sir," Harrison responded.

"It is said a wand chooses a Wizard and it might have been that all those spells that you had been under had shifted your magic causing a wand to choose you but now that you are free of them the wand is losing power," Snape said.

"Is there anything I can do to get the power back?" Harrison asked.

"No the only thing you can do is get a new wand I shall have to talk to the Headmaster about this you can not go through your classes with an unwilling wand," Snape said "I shall also have to do some research about the blood wards."

"Thank you, sir," Harrison said with a bow as he moved away letting Ms. Parkinson have her turn.

 

As he was going over to where his friend was sitting he stopped in place as he heard an unfamiliar voice. "Why is it always rats how come they never let me have a nice juice mouse?" Harrison looked around to see if he could see where the strange voice had come from as he spotted Marcus dangling a rat over a terrarium containing silver and red snake. Recalling the incident at the Zoo during Dudley's birthday Harrison walked over to the tank.

"What's up Harrison?" the older student asked trying to coax the snake to take the rat.

"Do you have any mice?" Harrison asked

"Um, one why?" Marcus asked.

"I think the snake might like a mouse instead of a rat," Harrison said simply.

"Can't hurt," Marcus said putting down the rat and summoning the mouse, and holding it out to the snake.

"Finally," Harrison heard as the snake's headshot forward and took the mouse causing Harrison to giggle a little.

"Hope you liked it," Harrison said unknowing slipping into Parseltongue.

"Ah a Speaker what a pleasant surprise," he heard the snake say as its heads jerking up to look him in the eyes,

"Harrison, you can speak Parseltongue?" Marcus asked.

"According to a test I took at Gringotts I can," Harrison said leading the older boy to take Harrison's hand and pulled him back to Professor Snape.

"Heir Flint, what is going on?" Severus asked.

"Professor, Harrison is a Parseltongue," Marcus said making the several students gasp in surprise.

"Is that a bad thing?" Harrison asked absentmindedly rubbing the top of the snake's head that had wrapped wound his shoulders.

"Not necessary it is just a rather rare gift in Britain," Snape said getting out of his chair and kneeling before his Godson and placing a hand comfortingly on his shoulder. "Have you ever done it before?"

"Well before I got my letter I talked to a Boa Constructor before setting it free on Dudley during his birthday," Harrison said making Severus snicker as he pictured Harrison's cousin's face when he met the snake.

"Well, Slytherin House symbol is the snake due to Salazar having the gift. Since then the House has always had a snake in the dorms. You are the first student since one named Tom Riddle who could actually speak to them," Snape said.

"He is correct Speaker I have never been able to talk to one of your kind in the three years I have been here," the snake hissed at him which now he was paying attention Harrison heard under the voice.

"What is your name?" Harrison asked.

"The two legs refer to call me Salazar but I was named Glycon after an ancient Snake God," Glycon said.

Looking up at the students who were gazing at him in wonder Harrison blushed as he said,' He said his name is not Salazar but Glycon also he prefers mice to rats."

"Noted," Severus said as with a flick of his wand changed the nameplate on Glycon's terrarium. The snake seemed to nod in thanks before he rested his head back on Harrison's left shoulder. For the rest of the night, Harrison was asked to translate Glycon's responses to question about his preferences so that by the time it was time for bed Harrison fell flat onto the bed and fell instantly to sleep not even having the energy to change out of his clothing.

 

"I don't see the problem Severus my boy I think young Harry is just pulling a prank on you just like James used to do," Albus said when Severus told him about Harrison needing a new wand.

"The problem is Headmaster is that he feels as if he is losing control of his wand and since it is just the first week that is a problem," Severus said wishing he could literally bang the old fool's face into the surface of his desk.

"I am sure it is just having to cast all the spells this week," Minerva said.

"It is not I saw him cast spells with no problem during his prep lessons this summer and had him cast a few of them after he told me about problems with his wand and they were less powerful," Severus said glaring at the pair.

"I must agree with Severus young Harrison is not the only one I have seen with this same issue I have noticed that young Heir Longbottom is having trouble due to having to use Frank's old wand and even young Ronald Weasley is using a wand that had once belonged to Charlie," Pomona said shocking Minerva to find out that one of her precious Lions was also being affected.

"Alright I shall take all three young men to pick up some new wands," Albus said thinking he could use this to get Harry to become Ron's friend and get him to request a resort to Gryffindor House.

"Not so fast Albus since the Heads of House are responsible for the students while they are at school it is up to them to take the students to get their new wands," Filius said giving Albus a strange look.

"Alright all of us shall set out tomorrow morning right after breakfast to Diagon Alley," Albus said thinking of ways he could get Harry to befriend Ron.

"It might work for Heir Longbottom and young Mr. Weasley but not for Harrison as he informed me while getting the first wand he had gone through every wand in the shop and his current wand was the only one that reacted to him so I will have to take him to one of the other Alleys to get him a new wand," Severus said hiding a smile at the look that passed quickly across the old fools face.

"Very well Severus so unless there is any new business I shall call this meeting to a close," Albus said doing his best to keep a hint of anger out of his voice at both Severus and Filius.

"Yes there is it seems today Harrison got a summoning from the Ministry to appear at a trial next weekend," Severus said.

"What trial?" Pomona asked.

"His Uncle's as he found out when he first went to Gringotts this last summer that Sirius Black had been held illegally," Severus said watching Albus from the corner of his eyes and seeing the man snap a quill he had been holding in his anger.

"I don't know if we should have Harrison deal with that," Albus said quickly not wanting the boy to know the truth.

"We have no choice in the matter he has been summoned so he must take part," Filius said shaking his head at the Headmaster.

"Filius is correct I was just informing everyone that I shall be taking him there next week that is all," Severus said, and before anyone could say anything else he got up and left the room his cloak tails flowing behind him. His leaving was a cue for all but Minerva to leave as well wondering about Albus's obsession with the Potter-Black heir.

"I thought you had arranged it for Harry to not take any prep classes?" Minerva asked when they were alone at last.

"I thought I did and I had even paid Petunia to make sure she raised him not to ask questions so he did not find out about them," Albus said sinking back into his chair and sucking on a lemon drop to calm himself down.

"Well that did not seem to work," she said.

"Don't remind me and Molly is on my case due to Harry not being friends with Ron," Albus said.

"I still do not know why you place so much faith in Molly and her family," Minerva said shaking her head as she went to get a cup of tea sent up from the House Elves.

"I just know I can trust her completely," Albus said not wanting to inform his right hand that he had been taking money from the Weasley family vaults, and giving Molly small tokens prevented her from looking into it.  "And now he has learned about Sirius was innocent if he gets free the man can take Harry away from his aunt and ruin our plans."

 

"Wake up young Speaker the tall two legs are calling for you," Glycon said as he nuzzled his head under Harrison's chin tickling the young boy with his tongue.

"Alright I am up," Harrison said gently pushing the snake's head away as he got out of bed and went to the door to the room. Blaise had informed him that the only people who could enter their room while someone was sleeping in it, unless it was an emergency, were the people whose room it was. "Morning Professor," Harrison opening the door as he put a hand before his face letting out a large yawn.

"Good sleep Harrison?" Snape asked with a chuckle

"It was okay," Harrison said.

"Well the Headmaster after much discussion has allowed me to take you to get a new wand today so after breakfast, we will be heading out," Severus said.

"Floo, Apparition, or Knight Bus?" Harrison asked.

"As you are not the only student who is getting a new wand the Headmaster thought it was best to head out as a group so we will be going via the Knight Bus," Severus said.

"Oh, who are the others?" Harrison asked.

"Well your young friend Heir Longbottom and unfortunately the youngest Weasley boy," Severus said hearing his Godson let out a moan of annoyance. "The good news is that they will both will be going to Ollivanders while we are heading to another wand shop."

"Good the less time I have to be around him the better," Harrison said as he turned back into his room to get dressed for the day. As it was the weekend meaning he did not need to wear the school robes he slipped on one of the deep violet robes that Severus had bought in Diagon Alley during their meetings cut to his standards and thankfully came with an attached hood so he could hide his face. During breakfast, he told his friend he was going to be gone for a while to pick up a new wand and did not know what time he would be back. They all wished him a good trip especially when they learned that Weasel was also going to be going. After breakfast, he joined Severus at the main gates of the school and chatted with Neville as both boys ignored the redhead boy as the group waited for Albus to arrived. The old fool finally arrived, ten minutes late, and with a flourish pulled out his wand and held it aloft to summon the Knight Bus. Harrison felt a stir of magic as he laid eyes on the wand and felt his magic react as if being held by a family member. Keeping his face neutral he made a mental note to ask Severus about his reaction later when they were alone. Ronald did not seem to have any decorum as he bounced in place waiting for the Knight Bus to show up before he rushed up the stairs to claim one of the unattached seats right behind the driver. Harrison and Neville shared a look as they entered the door close to the back and took two unoccupied seats after their Heads of Houses tapped the seats with their wands to keep them in place. The journey was short as their group was the only one riding the bus. Thankfully the wildly driven bus prevented Ronald from coming back to join them and it seems the location Harrison and Severus were heading was closer to the school as they left first.

 

"Still better than Floo and Apparition correct?" Severus joked as he led Harrison into a small clothing store filled with fashions a couple of generations out of date and made his way to one of the changing rooms. Ushering Harrison inside Severus took out his wand and tapped the clothes hook on the back of the door making the room begin to sink like an elevator before the door opened up to another magical alley. "Harrison welcome to Kelpie Alley," Severus said as he placed a hand on his Godson's shoulder and lead him through the weekend crowds to Alley's wand shop. "Now unlike Ollivander, Master Jax-Gat does not have pre-made wands so you will be asked to let your magic find the materials that best work for you," Severus said as he opened the door to the shop.

"Ah Severus it has been an age and a half," the shopkeeper said rushing forward and pulling the dour man into a tight hug. "What do I owe this rare visit to?" the man asked as he leaned forwards and kissed the air on either side of Snape's face.

"I have a student who needs a new wand it seems when he bought his first one he was under potions and spells now that he is free of them the wand he has is not working correctly."

"Ah let me see here," the man said holding out his hand for Harrison's old wand. "Oh, an Ollivanders' creation I see your problem with it," whom Harrison assumed to be Master Jax-Gat said as without a further word tossed the wand into a bin as he grabbed Harrison's hand. "I can assume Sev told you how I make wands here?" he asked and Harrison nodded. "Alright, I will start with the woods then go to cores and other necessary items that your wand requires before I put it all together. Now as I bring out each item I will need you to keep your eyes closed and so as to not manipulate the results. If you do not think you can do that I can blindfold you." Master Jax-Gat said giving him a kind smile.

"I will close my eyes," Harrison said and suited actions to words as he closed his eyes and even put his hood up just in case. He heard ruffling around him as Master Jax-Gat put out the woods for the wand and told Harrison to raise his hand and hold it over the items. Feeling a tug Harrison picked up a piece of wood with both hands.

"Interesting," Master Jax-Gat said as he took the woods away from Harrison and put them on his workbench before bringing out the cores. "It is best if you do not actually touch the cores as some are rather dangerous," Master Jax-Gat said as he puts some type of gloves on Harrison's hands. Once more Harrison felt multiple tugs from items so that by the time he was done he had three cores all of which were taken from the wandmaker. "You might not feel a tug from this last group as it contains what is referred to as Focusing Gems but with all the items your magic has called to better safe than sorry," Master Jax-Gat said as he let Harrison away once again collect two objects. "You may open your eyes now," Master Jax-Gat said as he got rid of all the items and began to work on Harrison's wand. "Ah very interesting you have a combo of Redwood and Walnut meaning you are one who takes time to plan each of your actions and value intelligence rather than martial prowess. As for the core, you have chosen a Basilisk fang, a tail feather of a Quetzalcoatl, and finally the eggshells of a rainbow serpent. My boy, are you perchance a Parseltongue user?"

"Yes, I am," Harrison answered as he watched the man work.

"Well, each of your cores deals with a type of snake. A Basilisk is considered the king of snake and is considered very dangerous if faced head-on, the Quetzalcoatl is a winged serpent who some ancient people saw as inventors of books, while the rainbow serpent is quite known for his ability to blend into his surrounding. If one follows wand lore these cores would say that you are one not to be trifled with more empathize on your intelligence but with a desire to blend into the background and just be left alone," Master Jax-Gat said shocking Harrison as this all sounded just like him. And last we have your gems the first one is Ruby which is your birthstone but you also were drawn to Garnet which is a sign of trust and friendship with an underlying focus on loyalty. I must say Heir Potter-Black according to your wand you are a fine young man and you shall be a great Wizard one day if left out of other's plans," Master Jax-Gat said as he took the pieces all together on his bench and walked away. "Now they just need to sit for an hour or so but in the meantime, I shall make for you a wand holder to make sure no one else can take your wand," the man said taking out a roll of measuring tape as he cast a spell on his workbench. "Just a time dilation so that will make the hour your wand needs only last about ten minutes for us," Master Jax-Gat explained as he began to take Harrison's measurements. When he was done Harrison was given a wand holder that he attached to his right arm that contained a spring so that his wand would fall right into his hand with some enchantments on it so unless he was touching his wand if it was out of contact with him for thirty seconds it would be summoned back to the holder. "Alright all done my boy now my wands are a little more expansive than old Ollivanders so that will be eight gallons please," Master Jax-Gat said wiping his hands on the front of his robes. Harrison dug some Magical currency and handed it to the man as he took the wand. As Harrison closed his fingers around his new wand he felt a surge of magic as if he had just dived into a warm pool on an icy morning letting out a soft gasp.

"You spoke of wand lore I have a question," Harrison said as he fixed his wand into its holder.

"Go ahead I am always eager to pass on the knowledge," Master Jax-Gat said giving him a smile.

"Thank you I was just wondering what it means when one feels a stir of magic after seeing another person's wand?" Harrison asked.

"Whose wand are you referring to Harrison?" Severus asked.

"When the Headmaster summoned the Knight Bus I felt a connection to his wand," Harrison said.

'You do not have any wandmakers in your family line do you?" Master Jax-Gat asked.

"I don't think so but I do not know I have a couple of the Founder lines, the Potters, Emrys, Gaunt, and finally Peverell," Harrison said.

"Did you say Peverell?" Master Jax-Gat asked.

"Yes, why?" Harrison responded.

"Well ages ago the Peverell line were great inventors of powerful Magical Artifacts including a wand that despite what some legends say would still be considered property of the Peverell line," Master Jax-Gat explained. "It might be a good idea to talk to the Goblins to see if you can have them get the wand back for you for in the wrong hands it could be dangerous to the world."

"We do have some time before we expect the others back we could head to the local Gringotts and we can start that process now if you so desire," Severus said looking at his timepiece.

"After what he did to me taking his wand seemed like the least I could do," Harrison said rubbing his hands together showing that the wand lore attached to his wand had been utterly correct in Master Jax-Gat's opinion. Saying farewell to the wandmaker Harrison and Severus headed to the local branch of Gringotts summoning Griphook from Diagon Alley started the process of getting what the Goblin informed him was the Elder Wand. Severus made a small gasp of shock as Harrison used a Blood Quill so that it showed a member of the Peverell was summing back the wand from the old fool. It seems that the ownership of the wand to the Peverell was still strong for as soon as Harrison finished signing the return form there was a flash of magic and the wand Harrison saw the Headmaster used just that morning was laying before him. Picking it up Harrison felt a strong connection to his wand but not as strong as the one with his wand from Master Jax-Gat. "Please put this in the Peverell Main Vault and make sure no one else can get it," Harrison said handing the wand to Griphook who took it with great reverence and headed out of the room. Thanking the Goblin who had helped them the pair of humans left to wait for the bus to come to pick them up.

"Sorry about the wait," Albus said a little stonily when the party arrived nearly an hour later. "It seems that I misplaced my wand while we were in the Alley and took some time to find it." Severus gave Harrison a look when the old fool pulled out his wand but Harrison gave him a tiny shake of his head to show it was not the same wand from that morning. Thankfully while they had waited Severus and Harrison had waited they had gone to get something to eat unlike the others it seemed as Ronald was moaning about being hungry the whole trip back to the school.

Chapter 9: Wands raised at Midnight

Summary:

Harrison gets challenged to a duel

Chapter Text

As Albus ushered Harrison and Severus onto the Knight Bus the pair found it fuller than last with very few open seats. Heading to the nearest pair of open seats Harrison was stopped as a hand fell on his shoulder. "Actually Harry I have some rather important thing to discuss with Professor Snape so if you could take the seat next to young Ronald I know your friend would like to spend some time with you," Albus said with a smile on his face but the "normal" twinkle" in his eyes missing. Getting a slight nod from his Godfather Harrison stopped himself from rolling his eye he headed over to the youngest Weasley boy and wondered how long it would take for the boy to start his normal anti-Slytherin monologue but it was worse than he thought as he saw the seat right behind the one next to Weasley was occupied by Professor McGonagall. With a heavy sigh, Harrison sat down beside Ronald who instantly began to bad-mouth Harrison's house and housemates while going on and on about how great it was to be a Gryffindor. There was an added topic this time as the redhead also complained about being hungry. Barely able to stand a few minutes Harrison reached into the bag of his shopping as not only did he and his Godfather get a chance to eat while waiting for the other but they also stopped in the magical alley's book store and had found a couple of books for both Vernon and Dudley. Grabbing one at random Harrison pulled it out to read hoping the redheaded idiot would get a clue.

However, seeing the book the idiot came to a conclusion which Harrison would have never seen coming. "Oh that is nice of you to pick out a gift for your girlfriend," Weasley said reaching for the book "I can give it to her for you."

"Hands off my book Weasley and what are you on about I don't have a girlfriend," Harrison said speaking for the first time since he sat down and feeling a wave of magic hit him and warming of his heir rings as they countered the spell someone had cast on him.

"Of course you do mate, Hermione Granger I have spotted you two hidden away from everyone in the Library with each other,' Weasley said wiggling his eyebrows at him suggestively.

"First of all gross, secondly she just like you can't seem to leave me alone," Harrison said opening the book which turned out to be on a Muggle's guide to Magical Laws. Seeing how interested the younger Weasleys, as well as Granger, seemed to be in him Harrison looked through the index before turning to a chapter on Line Theft and began to read it. However, like the first train ride, the youngest Weasley could not take a hint as he began to explain that of course "Harry," as he insisted on calling Harrison, was dating Granger and that he should request a re-sort into Gryffindor to be with her.

"And with you in Gryffindor, we would be able to spend more time together and show those snakes, and everyone else we really are best friends," Weasley said throwing an arm over Harrison's shoulders.

"Do I need to spell it out to you I am reading will you please be quiet also for the last time my name is Harrison, not Harry," Harrison said in a calm voice as he closed his book.

"That is enough Harry, that was very rude I shall have to take twenty-five points from Slytherin and a week's worth of detentions for disrespecting another student," McGonagall said a strange look on her face as she saw the compulsions spells were not taking effect in the boy.

"That is not happening," Harrison said in the same calm level voice turning to her.

"Excuse me, young man," she said shocked at how rude he was being.

"That can not happen for due to the Hogwarts charter if a student is out of the bound of both Hogwarts and Hogsmead during the school year the only Professor who can give them punishment is either their Head of House or if they are not along with the teacher in charge. As Professor Snape is here he would be in charge of handing out any punishment to me not you. Also, what would the reason for being punished you say I was being disrespectful to a fellow student yet thus the whole trip Weasley here has done nothing but disrespect both my House and my friends," Harrison said with a small smirk playing across his face as he saw his Godfather walking over to them.

"He is right Minerva I think I shall have to discuss you trying to punish my student with the board at our next meeting," Severus said placing a hand on Harrison's shoulder.

"Come along Harrison a few seats have opened up and I want to talk to you about your latest Potions essay."

"Yes sir," Harrison said putting the book away and following his Godfather to some open seats in the back. "Thanks," Harrison said as they sat down.

"Don't mention it Harrison, I used the same excuse to get away from our esteemed Headmaster as well," Severus said ruffling Harrison's hair much to the boy's annoyance.

"So what did he really want?" Harrison asked leaning into the older man after he fixed his hair.

"Oh, he was trying to get me to get you to keep with your original wand saying it was "For the Greater Good" he did not seem to be happy when I informed him that Master Jax-Gat got rid of it finding the wand was actually defective," Severus said making Harrison laugh. "So any news from your Vernon?"

"Yes the divorce is final and Petunia is now living somewhere by the sound of it with Vernon's sister Marge," Harrison said. The rest of the trip was spent with a pleasant conversation between the pair who thanks to their seats were able to avoid Weasley, McGonagall, and Dumbles when they finally arrived back at the boundary of Hogwarts' grounds. With a small nod and smile to Neville, Harrison matched Severus's pace as they walked up the lawn to the front door before heading down to the Slytherin dorms. Severus wished him goodbye as soon as Harrison was in his rooms to write up his report against Minerva trying to wrongfully punish Harrison on the trip.

 

"Come on let's see the new wand," Crabbe said as his friends gathered around him once he was back. His friend gasps as he pulled out the ten-inch wand seeing it was made of two different kinds of wood.

"I take it you had it specially made," Theo said noticing the two jewels embedded in the wand handle.

"Yes it took two kinds of wood, three cores, and a couple of focusing gems to make it," Harrison said as a gentle wave of his wand cast a hovering charm on one of his books and sent it to fly around the room.

"A floating charm we are meant to learn that around Samhain," Parkinson said sounding impressed.

"Yes but you guys can't tell me that you have not read ahead and tried out some of the spells in our books yet," Harrison said setting his book back down.

"Bookworm," Draco teased.

"Drama queen," Harrison shot back with a smile making the others laugh.

"So besides the new wand how was the rest of the trip?" Blaise asked. Harrison rolled his eyes as he told his friends about the return trip on the Knight Bus and having to deal with Professor McGonagall and the youngest Weasley.

"You are not dating Granger are you?" Parkinson asked.

"Oh, Gods no like I would waste my time on someone who keeps telling me I need her help to get good grades while ignoring the fact in the two classes we have together I have done better in the one assignment that we have had," Harrison said shriving in revulsion at the idea of dating the annoying Gryffindor girl.

"Good she is not worth your time," Parkinson said patting his knee and batting his eyes at him. So used to her pretending to flirt as everyone knew she had her eyes on Draco and was trying to just make him jealous Harrison did not even react but decided to play along,

"Let me guess you see yourself as more worthy of it?" he asked lifting an eyebrow surprising her.

"Wait did you just make a joke please tell me you are joking?" Parkinson said.

"Of course no offense but you are not my type," Harrison said giving her a small bow making the others laugh.

"You know I am getting rather sick of both Granger and the youngest Weasley," Draco said wiping a tear from his eyes due to laughing so hard at Pansy's face from Harrison's teasing.

"What do you have to complain about I'm the one they are Stalking?" Harrison asked.

"You surprisingly only see the best of them," Draco explained, "it seems young Ronald when you are not around is more of a physical bully I once saw him trip oh what is her name from Hufflepuff?"

"I believe it was Susan Bones showing how dumb he really is if he keeps it up he might make an enemy of the Bones family," Blaise said.

"Why is their family that powerful?" Harrison asked not recalling the Bone family from his lessons at Gringotts.

"Not necessary but Susan's Magical Guardian is her Aunt who is in charge of the Magical Law Enforcement Department of the British Ministry,' Blaise stated.

"Well now one ever said any of the Weasleys, apart from Percy were actually smart," Harrison said to his friends' laughter.  "But what about Granger?"

"Do you not pay attention in our classes she is always jumping around whenever a question is asked and acts like she knows everything.   And from what I have heard from some people I know in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff she tends to call others idiots and even been known to use her book as a bludgeon on her classmates when the teacher is looking the other way," Theo explained. 

 

For the rest of the weekend, Harrison got used to his new wand by casting various spells while inside the common room so that by the time for his first practical lesson on Monday it was as if it was an extension of his own arm. The second week of class was much like the first with Harrison doing his best to avoid all three of Percy's younger brothers and Granger, though he made it perfectly clear to the girl that if he heard any tales of the pair of them dating he would report her for spreading lies about him and his name to not only the school authorities but also Gringotts as well for possible actions of Line Theft. That had finally shut her up and keep the bushy-haired Witch away from him for the rest of the week. As his friends congratulated him on his threat the topic of conversation turned to the upcoming flying lessons. Unlike his Housemates, Harrison was not really looking forward to learning to fly no matter if both his parents had been on their House teams. What was even worse was that the Gryffindorks were going to be sharing their lessons. On the morning of the lessons, Harrison ate a light breakfast just in case before following his friends out of to the pitch. The instructor was Madam Hooch a former chaser for the Holyhead Harpies that Harrison recognized her from the material that Lupin had shown him as he first described Quidditch to him during his lessons. Having the class stand so that their practice brooms were on the same side as their dominant hand she told them how to summon the broom to their hands. Harrison was shocked as he was one of the few brooms that raised right into his hands after his "Up." The only others who got their brooms up had been Draco, Blaise, and a Gryffindork he believed was named Dean Thomas. After everyone had summoned their brooms to their hands with Granger being the last to manage it much to her annoyance Madam Hooch had instructed everyone to get onto the brooms walking among them as she corrected their riding stances. Harrison and his friends shared a small laugh as she told Draco that he had been riding a broom wrongly for years. Once everyone had properly mounted their brooms Madam Hooch instructed the class to rise to a level of flying that they would feel comfortable with as she pushed off from the ground. Harrison and several others who had grown up in Muggle homes raised just high enough for their feet to be a few inches above the grass. Weasley had laughed at Harrison and the other others muttering about them being cowards before Madam told took points away for bullying.

 

Madam Hooch started by teaching the class how to break by having them fly at a speed they were comfortable with for a bit before they tried to stop. Harrison found that despite his fears he was actually quite good on the broom as one of the first of the non-Purebloods to pull off the maneuver. As the lesson progressed Harrison steadily climbed further up into the air as he got more and more comfortable on the broom as they went from breaking to loop-de-loops as well as shifting speeds mid-flight as she put them through some Quidditch training courses from her time as a Chaser. Even she was impressed by how quickly Harrison was able to pick up the lessons stating he should have no trouble joining the Slytherin House team next year if he wanted to. Ron was furious after he had been told off many times as he was told he needed to train a lot more if he even wanted to make the reserve team's backlog. The redhead got even angrier as he overheard Harry inform Madam Hooch that he had no interest in playing Quidditch at all what a fool the boy was. As soon as Harry was re-sorted into his proper place in the Gryffindor house he would make sure the boy took his place on the Quidditch team alongside of himself and Fred and George. As they walked back up to the main castle for lunch Ron thought of the perfect way to show Harry that he needed to be in Gryffindor and not with the Snakes. Going to lunch Ron grabbed a quick bit before he got up and wandered over to where Harry was sitting as he and the snakes discuses the flying lesson.

"I still do not see why you would not want to join the Quidditch team next year with how you flew today," Theo said shaking his head in disbelief.

"I never really like sports or being the focus of attention I would rather just read in peace," Harrison said.

"Yeah right I think it is just because you are a bloody coward," Weasley said speaking up.

"Fear has nothing to do with it Weasley as I said I would rather just read than fly around chasing fly balls," Harrison said not even turning to look at the nuisance.

"A likely excuse for a coward," Weasley said making Harrison's friends tense up at the redhead's words.

"Ah just what one would expect when one does not accept fact told being told to them," Harrison said shaking his head still not looking at the other boy.

"I am getting rather sick of your stuck up and entitled attitude Harry," Weasley said loudly.

"Am I stuck up or entitled?" Harrison asked his friends.

"Not that I have noticed and out of everyone but Draco and Theo I have spent the most time with you," Blaise said as he took the cue and ignored the bothersome redhead Gryffindork.

"All you snakes are arrogant and entitled," Weasley said as his two friends show up and nod in agreement.

"Yeah you would not last longer than a few minutes in a duel with Ron," the smaller of the two boys said who Harrison thought was named Seamus.

"He would wipe the floor with Weasley," Draco said coming to his cousin's defense.

"Oh yeah prove it," Dean said with a smirk.

"He will gladly do so just name the time and place," Draco said walking right into Weasley's trap.

"Midnight in the School Trophy room," Weasley said.

"I shall be Harrison's second who is yours," Draco asked Ron who looked over his only friends for a moment before picking one.

"Mine shall be Seamus and I will show you how great Gryffindor House is so that once I win you will see you have no choice but to join us," Ron said.

"I still say he will wipe the floor with you Weasley he shall be there," Draco said before Harrison could interject.

"Good and if you chicken out that will count as a lost," Ron said as the he and his friends walk back to their table.

"Why did you have to do that," Harrison whisper yelled at Draco as the others began to talk about the challenge.

"What he insulted you it was the least we could do other wise according to Pureblood customs you would need to call a blood feud with his house," Draco explained.

"Fine but I am going to follow all the school rules for a duel taking place," Harrison said putting down his silverware and leaving the Hall to go to talk to Severus who had been working on a potion for Madam Pomfrey and was eating lunch in his lap.

 

"Harrison what's going on?" his Godfather asked as he came into the room and sat down at the desk he sat at during his lessons.

"I have been challenged to a duel and thanks to Draco I am going to have to face Ronald tonight at midnight," Harrison said shocking the Potion Master.

"I see and you came to me to get out out of it?" Severus asked lifting an eyebrow at him.

"No I know I would lose respect and due to a condition of his challenge, I would have to request a re-sort into Gryffindor House. I came due to the fact that according to the Hogwarts school charter when a duel is called the Head of House must be informed of the students and an unbiased judge must be called upon to make sure the match is played out correctly," Harrison said making Severus shake his head in pride at his Godson.

"I would suggest Professor Flitwick as the unbiased judge for he has a history of a Duel Master," Severus said. "Now just where and when is this duel taking place?"

"Weasley has decided to have it at midnight in the Trophy room," Harrison said.

"Well it is a good thing you informed me then so you do not get into any trouble for being out past curfew, somehow I don't think no matter what happens young Ronald shall not get into any trouble," Severus stated. "I shall talk to Professor Flitwick for you I shall come to collect both you and Heir Malfoy for the duel after supper make sure you both take a nap so you are well rested for the duel." Harrison thanked his Godfather for understanding and went to talk to Draco about their Godfather's advice.

 

At eleven thirty Severus came by and collected not only Harrison and Draco but Blaise, Theo as well as Crabbe and Goyle and lead them to the Hogwarts Trophy room where Professor Flitwick was already waiting having cleared a space for the duel. "Ah hello there young Heir Potter-Black," the Charms Professor said with a smile.

"Good evening Professor," Harrison said bowing low so that his neck was revealed like Griphook had taught him was a proper greeting for a member of the Goblin Nation as the half-goblin Professor was.

"Ah it has been an age since a student knew the ways of my folk," Flitwick said bowing to Harrison in return. Harrison's friends joined Severus and Flitwick on the sidelines that the Charms Professor had set up. The group sat down and waited for Weasley and Finnigan to show up which seemed unlikely as the minutes slipped by. At the sound of footsteps, Harrison and Draco tensed up in case the pair of Gyrffindorks launched some spells without warning.

"Students out of bed, students breaking curfew," the caretaker Filch said as he shuffled into the hall his lantern held aloft.

"They are not breaking curfew Argus they have the proper permission to be here having followed the school rules," Severus said coming forward and talking to the man.

"Yes, Argus we are just waiting for young Masters Weasley and Finnigan as well have seen them?" Flitwick asked.

"I have not Filius," the man said in a calm voice showing respect the Slytherins had never seen him use before. "But if I find them I shall not give them detention and send them this way this time," Argus said as he left the room.

It was a full ten minutes past midnight when Weasley and Finnigan finally arrived, "I can't believe Filch was around I hope he caught Harry and gives him detention making him lose the duel."

"What was that Mr. Weasley?" Severus asked making the color drain from Weasley's face making the group of Slytherins chuckle.

"You are late young Ronald I was informed that you called for this duel to start at Midnight it is now well pass the appointed time you are lucky that Heir Potter-Black has waited for you otherwise you would have been the one who was disqualified," Professor Flitwick said said crossing his arms in disappointment at the pair of Gryffindor stepped up to the arena set assigned for the duel. "Now this is but a simple duel no aiming for maiming, dismemberment, or killing. The duel will be to be for three points," Flitwick said setting down the rules for duels that took place at Hogwarts before he raised his wand. "And begin."

 

Harrison and Draco took out their wands and raised them high into the air before they bowed to the Gyrffindorks as was proper protocol only to quickly jump out of the way as two spells came flying their way. Flitwick and Severus gave the pair of Gryffindors a pair of disappointed looks but made no further comment as Harrison and Draco got back to their feet. As the main duel was between Harrison and Weasley Draco took a step back letting Harrison run the duel. Taking out his wand Harrison shot a simple levitating charm on Weasley's bathrobes and throwing them over the redhead's face blocking his view. As Weasley struggled to lower his robes Harrison sent a leg locker jinx at him making the redhead fall right onto his face. "A point for Harrison," Flitwick said raising his wand as he cast a finite charm on Weasley who got to his feet and threw his bathrobe away from his face ripping it off as he and tossing it to Seamus, leaving him in nothing but his boxer shorts and a ragged white sleep shirt.

"Oh my eyes," Draco cried out causing Harrison to giggle a little. Seamus used his distraction to cast a spell at Harrison who used the grace he had shown during the flying lesson earlier to avoid the spell and shot a full body bind at the small Irish boy who fell backward stiff as a board.

"Point two to Harrison just one more point and he will be the winner," Flitwick announced. With a growl Ron shot out a spell he had read about in his older brother's spell books.

"Bombarda," Weasley called out shocking both Severus and Flitwick that he would not only know the spell but would use it during a duel with a fellow student. Flitwick was about to call the duel only for Harrison to catch his eye and shake his head no as with a simple flick of his wand and without a word cast Levicorpus that his Godfather had taught him during their lessons at Gringotts. Weasley gave a startled cry as he was lifted off the ground and hung upside down by his ankles.

Flitwick spent a few moments marveling at seeing a first year cast a perfect nonverbal spell before he cast another finite charm on young Ronald. "With a score of three to nothing I call this duel in favor of Harrison Potter-Black. Severus I leave it up to you escort your students back to their dorms while I see to young Messers Weasley and Finnegan though I must say I am rather disappointed that you did not let your Head of House know about the duel as well as using such a spell against a classmate, I am afraid I must give you a detention for such actions Messer Weasley," Flitwick said as Severus lead his students away.

"So do you think this will lead to Weasley leaving you alone?" Theo asked Harrison as the group headed back to their dorms.

"That is as likely as me flying without a broom," Harrison said causing the others to laugh.

Chapter 10: Freedom and Punishment

Summary:

Harrison prediction about Ronald proves to be true as the redhead continues to get on his nerves until he can not take it anymore, and Harrison goes to the Ministry for his Uncle's trial

Notes:

A slight bit of public humiliation at the end of the chapter.

Chapter Text

The next day during classes Harrison and his friends were all well rested while Ronald and Seamus seem to be struggling to stay awake due to staying up so late without taking a nap as a precaution for the duel. As he was heading to lunch Harrison was stopped by the Headmaster who tried to give him detention for the duel only for Flitwick, whose class he had just left to come along and point out that since Harrison had followed all school rules there was no reason for him to have to serve detention. With an almost cartoonish growl that made Harrison image Dumbledore as one of those old cartoon villains who would twist their handlebar Mustasch when their plans were foiled as the Dumbles walked away. As soon as Albus left he headed to his office and sent a message for Ronald to come to see him. "You wanted to see me Headmaster Dumbledore," the youngest Weasley boy said as he entered their office.

"I hear you lost your duel against Harry," Albus said giving the young boy his best grandfatherly look to the boy.

"He must have cheated somehow," Ronald said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"No my dear boy you would have won but you have felt sorry for him and let him win," Albus said in a soft voice putting the boy into a slight trance and making him utterly believe what he had just been told.

"Yeah that is right I could easily beat him but he started to throw a tantrum like a baby so I let him win the pathetic baby," Ron said as his mind accepting the new truth.

"Very good Ronald I have cleared it Professor McGonagall that you shall not be getting detentions for being so nice and letting Harry win your duel," Albus said as he sent the boy away knowing that by the end of the day Ron would be sharing his new version of events from the duel with everyone. The news spread even faster than Albus had predicted as by the end of lunch most of Gryffindor House, with some noticeable exceptions like Percy, believed the new results of the duel. From there it was a short order for the other Houses to hear the "reason" why Harrison had won the duel. No one in Slytherin believed Harrison had been allowed to win but had won through pure skill neither could they picture the quiet boy throwing a tantrum like a toddler as they heard the Weasley twins tease Harrison about the duel. Harrison barely paid attention to it all as he went to classes as if nothing had happened. Though his real friends saw anger slowly beginning to simmer under the cool façade as students from the other Houses began to treat him as if they expected him to throw a tantrum if things did not go his way.

 

It did not get better as Harrison left the school during the weekend accompanied by Severus to take part in his Uncle's trial as Ronald stated in a loud voice that he was running away to see a healer for his behavior problems. Worried about doing the wrong thing at the trial thus leading his Uncle to remain in jail Harrison finally snapped. "Ronald Bilius Weasley you have besmirched my Honor for the last time so I challenge you to a rematch in the name of House Potter-Black-Gryffindor-Perevell-Emrys-Slytherin-Gaunt-Ravenclaw," he stated as he turned to the annoying redhead. "I shall face you tomorrow after breakfast before everyone so they can see who really won. And when I win you and all your bullying friends shall leave me and my friends alone for the rest of this school year."

Harrison was still trying to calm down when he and Severus passed the wards and Apparated to the Ministry of Magic. Making their way to the courtroom that his Uncles' trial was to take place in Harrison checked to make sure his dress robes were not wrinkled, for perhaps the seventh time since they had left Hogwarts.

"Calm down Harrison with James's will there is little worry that your Uncle will remain imprisoned and I know Draco asked his father to come help," Severus said placing a calm hand on his Godson's shoulder.

"But what if I make a fool of myself and end up getting Uncle Sirius sent back even with all the evidence?" Harrison asked taking the bottom of his robes and beginning to twist it in worry until Severus keeled before him with both hands on his Godson's shoulders.

"Harrison, listen to me there is no way that you could do anything that would send him back there I swear to you on my magic," Severus said as he pulled Harrison into a tight hug.

"Well, that is a sight I thought I would never see," someone said behind Severus.

"Ah Lucius," Severus said breaking off the hug and standing back up while keeping his right hand on Harrison's shoulder. "Harrison I would like you to introduce you to your cousin and Draco's father Lord Lucius Malfoy."

"Hello Lord Malfoy," Harrison said giving a slight bow as Severus had done during their first meeting.

"Hello, Heir Potter-Black are you ready to free your Uncle from his wrongful imprisonment?" Lord Malfoy asked as he took off a pair of white gloves to shake Harrison's hand.

"Oh Luci stops with all the formality he is your cousin by your wife," Severus said rolling his eyes at his old friend.

"Some of us have a reputation to keep Sev," Lord Malfoy said in a stern voice though he did wink at Harrison as the three of them headed into the courtroom. Lord Malfoy lead Severus and Harrison over to the area up front where the family of the person on trial was to sit as he had Harrison take the main seat as the closest living relative. Over the next few minutes, the rest of the participants of the trial arrived as with much to both Severus and Harrison's annoyance Albus arrived as well taking the center seat on the judges' bench next to a stern-looking Witch with a monocle that Severus informed him was Madam Bones.

 

"The trial for one Sirius Alnitak Black shall now start, please bring in the accused," Madam Bones said striking her gavel on the bench. Suddenly the doors to the room swung open as a pair of gaunt guards in silver-black robes came in with an emaciated and dirty man dragged between them, The pair roughly forced the man into a chair set in the middle of the room before the bench of judges. Harrison was thankful for the heads up about the chair otherwise he would have started as the chains attached to the chair acted like snakes and wrapped themselves around his Uncles' arms and feet.

"Hello, Amelia how have you been?" Sirius asked in a voice rough from disuse looking up at the judges' bench. "I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen."

"Sirius Black you are accused of betraying James and Lily Potter leading to their deaths at the hands of the terrorist Lord Voldemort," Albus said making most of the crowd wince at the name while Severus and Lucius hissed and clutched at their arms.

"Objection," Harrison called out being one of the few who had not reacted at all to the name of the Dark Lord.

"And you are?" Madam Bones asked looking at him.

"I am Harrison Orion Potter-Black," Harrison said standing up.

"Very well Heir Potter-Black what is your objection to the statement of our Chief Warlock Albus Dumbledore?" Madam Bones asked making a note of his identity.

"I object to the use of the Potter family name used on my Godmother Lily Evens," Harrison said causing a shocked gasp from several members in attendance.

"I fear I must apologize for young Harry it seems someone had told him lies about his parentage and being the trusting sort he is he believed them," Albus said in his best grandfatherly manner.

"I have proof of what I say is no lie," Harrison said as he nodded at his Godfather who pulled out the results from the Inheritance Test at Gringotts and passed it to one of the court workers who handed it to Madam Bones. Madam Bones quickly read through the document her eyes widening in shock so that her monocle fell out to see that Sirius according to the document had been incarcerated illegally. But as she read more she turned to glare at Albus for what he had done to the young Heir before her meanwhile Sirius having heard the name turned to look for the first time in almost ten years at his nephew and Godson.

"Harrison?" Sirius asked his voice still with its gravely quality as Harrison gave him a smile before looking back to Madam Bones.

"Based of this document the court grants that Lily and James were never married this, however, does not change the fact that Sirius Black is responsible for revealing their location to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named," Madam Bones said as with a flick of her wand copied the document and sent original back to Harrison.

"Madam Bones I would like to bring to the courts' attention the Last Will of James Potter," Lord Malfoy said standing up and coming forward to pass over the copy of the Will provided by Gringotts.

"Malfoy," Sirius growled recognizing the blonde bastard before he saw Harrison give him a warning shake of his head and settled down. As Madam Bones took the document she tapped it with her wand so it would read itself and be recorded by the court.

I, James Claudius Black nee Potter being of sound mind and body leave this last will and testament let all others before this be considered null and void. I must first say do not morn for me that I am dead for I am now back with Regulus until the rebirth of Magic. If I die I my son is to watch over first by Lily Evens, Silverwing, I can not begins to tell you how happy I am that you decided to help me raise my and Regulus' son I know you will tell him all sorts of stories about us and keep us both alive. I also gift you the Peverell Secondary Vault for your own personal use. To Sirius Black, Padfoot, my brother in all but blood, that introduced me to the love of my life, I hope you will come around to see your Godson and share with him stories of Regulus as he grew up as well as teaching him some pranks I want him a second-generation Marauder after all. I also gift you the Gryffindor Secondary Vault to help you live until Walburga finally accepts you back into the family. To Remus Lupin, Mooney, my old friend the only reason you are not a Godparent is England's prejudiced Creature laws which also prevent me from giving you a full vault so I set up a vault in your name which will be refilled anytime it empties from the Emrys Secondary Vault. Remus, I also offer you this piece of advice live free, have fun and for Hera's sake ask her out already. To Severus Snape I can only apologize for what I did to you in school I was a little jealous of your relationship with Regulus I know that does nor condone my treatment of you. I want you to know that Regulus had selected you to be Harrison's Godfather before he vanished and died. I have chosen to honor his wishes so please treat our son well. To Peter Pettigrew I leave nothing for at the making of this will you are my Secret Keeper which if I die by Voldemort you are the cause of it.

The order that my son is to be watched over in case of my death is as followed: Lily Evens, Sirius Black, Severus Snape, Frank Longbottom, Amelia Bones.

People who should never get my son, Albus Dumbledore, Bellatrix Lestrange, and due to Blood Adoption in case Lily dies her sister Petunia.

As it is to whoever takes my son in is to be paid 1000 Gallons a month until he reaches the age of maturity from the Potter Main Vaults

To Harrison, my son I wish I could have watched you grow up just know I would be proud of you no matter what you do or become. Live well, laugh often, and beware of Albus Dumbledore it is due to him and his war that your Sire and I died.

"Based on the will the court clears Sirius Black of the charge of betraying James Potter and Lily Evens to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named but the charges of killing the group of Muggles and one Peter Pettigrew still remains in effect," Madam Bones stated.

"Madam Bones having agreed to take this case I did some research in the Ministry's department of Magical Life and Death and was unable to find a Death Certificate for Peter Pettigrew from the day of the event," Lord Malfoy said turning over his research.

"Sirius Alnitak Black, can you offer an explanation for this?" Madam Bones asked after looking through all the magical deaths on the day when Sirius had first be arrested,

"The only guess I can offer is that Peter transformed into his Animagus form," Sirius said turning away from his Godson seated between Severus and Malfoy to look at Madam Bones.

"An Animagus we have no record of Peter Pettigrew as an Animagus," a younger Wizard on Madam Bone's right side said shifting through some parchment.

"During my time at school my friends and myself became Animagus to better spend time with another one of our friends who had was living with a lycanthrope curse," Sirius stated shifting from Madam Bones to look at Harrison. "James would transform into a doe while my brother could change into a stag, I was a large dog while Peter could become a rat."

"While it is impressive my boy that you and your friends could do that without even I knowing about it what does this have to do with young Peter?" Albus asked.

"Amelia, you were there for my arrest do you recall the scene?" Sirius asked rather than answer the Headmaster who had left him to rot in prison for all this time.

"It was pandemonium the street was blown apart that one could see.... oh dear Merlin," Madam Bones gasped "the sewer he escaped through the sewers."

"Yes, and I believe have a way of finding him," Sirius said straightening up as much as he could still bound to the chair.

"How?" a small toad-like witch asked from the third row of seats behind the Judges asked.

"Well Madam Umbridge my friends and I were a bunch of pranksters during our time at Hogwarts and after learning to change into our animal forms we would try to trick the others by mixing with other creatures of our form. After a while we developed a code word to use that would create a glow around us if used so If you have this trial reported by say the Daily Prophet and use the word under an enchantment so that the reader will speak it aloud we might be able to find where Peter is hiding, after all, I do not see him staying with a Muggle family and due to my arrest and his "death" his face would be well known in out World," Sirius said.

"What makes you think he is hiding with a Magical family?" someone called out.

"He would want to keep an ear to any news of Voldys and his followers," Sirius said throwing a nasty look at Lord Malfoy and Snape "rising up in power again."

"Very well that is logical," Madam Bones said stroking her chin. "Will you supply the code word?"

"The word we had for Peter was Bangladesh," Sirius stated giving the word freely.

"Very well as the chance of Peter Pettigrew is alive for the time being you shall be placed on probation until he is found or a year passes where you will serve a single year for his death and the deaths of the Muggles added to your already ten-year stint in Azkaban," Madam Bones said. She then turned to Harrison, "Heir Potter-Black as you are his closest living relative being his nephew I would normally place him into your custody but as you are under age I shall have to place him with your guardian," Madam Bones stated. This made Albus smile as he had been telling people for years that he was Harry's Magical Guardian and if he had control of Black he could reapply the spells and potions on the boy at his leisure. "Now where besides Hogwarts where have you been staying young Heir Potter-Black?" she asked.

"I was brought up in the Muggle household of my Godmother's sister and Husband," Harrison answered. "But if that presents too much of a flight risk he could always stay with my other Godfather," Harrison said as Severus winces and Sirius looked confused.

"Very well until such time as either Peter Pettigrew is found to be alive or one year has passed Sirius Alnitak Black shall be placed in Severus Tobias Snape's charge," Madam Bones said striking her gavel and ending the court session as she summoned Heir Potter-Black, Lord Snape and Lord Malfoy forward to fill out the appropriate forms to release Sirius into Snape's custody for the year. Once that was done Severus walked over to the still bound Black and tapped his wand to the chair causing the chains to fall away. Sirius takes a moment to rub some feeling back into his extremities as he looks at the three before him.

"Severus," Sirius said withholding a sneer by sheer force of will "I guess I should be grateful for this."

"Why start now Black?" Severus asked.

"Um hello Uncle," Harrison said from his spot next to Severus's side with the older man's hand on his shoulder.

"Nephew,' Sirius said as he gets unsteadily to his feet pulls Harrison into a hug. "Oh how I have missed you Pup here let me take a look at you," Sirius said ending the hug as he holds Harrison at arm's length to take a better look at him. "Well I see my hints of my brother in your nose and hair but the eyes are all James," Sirius said doing his best to fight back tears as he saw dead brother and friend in Harrison.

"You should thank my Godfather Severus for that," Harrison said shockingly Black. "I disliked all the attention I was getting when I first came to the Magical world so he made me a potion otherwise I had my Bearer's messy hair and Lily's eyes and nose with no sign of Sire in me at all."

"Godfather Severus?" Sirius asked confused looking up into Snape's face to see an actual smile aimed towards his nephew.

"I was called in to help him during his reintroduction to the Magical World after he had been sent to Lily's sister's home to grow up in," Severus said running his hands through Harrison's hair who scowled at him.

"Not that this is interesting but I think the three of you should get back to Hogwarts before our Dear Headmaster starts to spread his version of events of today," Lord Malfoy said.

"Good point Luci come along Harrison, Black," Severus said taking them each by the hand and walking them to an Apparition point, and heading back to the edge of the Hogwarts wards.

"You can let me go now Snape," Black said pulling his arm free as the three walked the path up to the school as he got to know his Godson getting a shock when he found out like Regulus he had been sorted into Slytherin House, but he was overjoyed when he learned that Harrison was in possession of the Marauder's Map as well as his skill with a broom.

 

Rather than face the school after the trial, Harrison joined Severus and Sirius in Severus's rooms. "Do you mind if I invite my friend to meet my Uncle?" Harrison asked Severus.

"If it is alright with him," Severus said and Sirius quickly agreed to want to meet Harrison's friends.

"So tell me about him, Severus," Sirius said when Harrison went to collect his friends.

"While is rather quiet Harrison is rather strong it seems that Lily's sister had treated him like a House Elf as she told lies to her Husband, Vernon about the dangers of magic. When Harrison was taken to Gringotts for the first time he managed to get a Portkey to return and take an Inheritance Test which led to Vernon learning the truth and breaking off his marriage for the sake of Harrison and his own son. Lupin and I were brought in to teach his prep lessons for the Magical World and I was able to see him not as James's son but his own person and I have to admit I have grown rather fond of the boy. He appears to have both Regulus and James's temper hidden inside him as one student has finally pushed him to his limit and challenged him to a rematch to a duel that Harrison easily beat him in," Severus said shocking Sirius who had never heard the other man talk so much about another person even Lily or Regulus. When Harrison returned with his friends Sirius was once more shocked to find that his nephew's friends were three boys from Slytherin House, which when he thought of it made sense and a boy from Hufflepuff. The rest of the day the five boys discussed what had happened after Harrison openly called for a rematch against Ronald before the entire school as the two adults just sat back and watched. Sirius began to see what Snape had meant about the quiet strength Harrison possessed as he did not even seem worried about having a duel with a fellow student in front of the entire school at such high stakes.

 

Come Sunday morning there was a slight chill in the air as a September wind blew from the Forbidden Forest into the main grounds of the castle and over a small dueling platform that had been created yesterday to Professor Flitwick's specifications. Breakfast was noisier than normal as people began to take bets on the outcome of the coming duel as well as wonder who the stranger is that was sitting next to Professor Snape at the head table. As soon as the food vanished everyone headed out to find places to watch the duel as Ronald and Harrison took their places at the designated spots on the platform shown by their House Crest. Sirius was almost bouncing in place as he went to the seat right behind where Harrison was standing and doing some light stretches. Professor Flitwick came forward raising his wand to cast a ward around the platform so that no spells would hit any of the crowd. "I ask the duelist to bow to each other," Flitwick said a Harrison gave a proper bow at his waist as Ronald showed a level of arrogance and disrespect as he just bobbed his head. "As this duel is based on honor it is not based on points but will go until one fighter either taps out or is knocked unconscious for more than thirty seconds. Only the Unforgivable Curses are out of bound other than that every spell is free to be cast," Flitwick stated before he lowered his wand and stepped backward through the wards starting the duel. Wasting no time Ronald cast a full body bind at Harrison who with the grace of a dancer sidestepped the spell as he made a swish and flick of his wand casting a levitation charm on the redhead without uttering a word or in fact any visible effect. The Gryffindors and people who had bet against Harrison laughed at his lack of spell as Ronald case a tickling charm at him which Harrison once more easily side-stepped. As Ronald moved to follow him the redhead fell on his face due to his shoelaces being tied together thanks to Harrison's first spell. As Ron began to untie his laces Harrison quickly cast another set of spells at him causing Ron to fly backward into the wards.

"That was a cheap trick you bastard," Ronald snarl at him.

"Language Ronald I know your parents had to teach it to you based on Percy but I guess you were to lazy to pay attention," Harrison said in his normally soft voice showing none of the anger he felt to the other as he spun his wand in his hand and took on a look of nonchalant as he pretended to use the wand as a nail file.

"Fuck you," Ron yelled making Harrison spin his wand back and cast a spell that caused the redhead's mouth to fill up with soap causing the crowd to begin to laugh as the Gryffindork begin to spit the soap out of his mouth. Once his mouth was clear of soap Ronald cast another spell he had learned from his older brother's spellbooks as he created a high-pressure jet of water aimed at Harrison who waited until the last moment before shifting just an inch to the side as he cast a freezing charm on the water which caused it to turn instantly to ice putting Ron's wand out of commission.

"Do you yield Ronald?" Harrison asked making no move to cast another spell seeing it as unworthy to attack an unarmed adversary. Ron let go of his wand, making it look like it was floating in midair before he ran over to physically attack the other boy. Having been raised with Dudley who had bullied him most of his life Harrison found Ron's attacks quite easy to dodge as he once more showed the grace of a dancer as he easily avoided the telegraphed blows. "You can still save some face here Ronald all you have to do is yield," Harrison said not even breathing hard as he ducked under a wild haymaker from the angry redhead.

"Go to hell," was Ronald's response.

"Fine have it your way I was being nice after all," Harrison said as he side-steps Ronald once again as he pulled out a wand and once more casting a non-verbal spell that sent Ronald flying back into the platform's barrier.

Before he could get up Harrison cast three spells in quick succession to utterly humiliate the bully and as the redhead got to his feet his pants slide to his ankles revealing his ratty underwear causing Draco to cry out, "My eyes," again making all the Slytherins and several others laugh. When Ronald bent down to pull his pants back up he let out a sharp hiss of pain as he turned quickly round, and almost fell onto his face again to see what had smacked him.

"I see you noticed my spell this is one I found in one of the books in the library it is used to punish naughty little kids by making them feel as if they are getting a spank for each time they have done something that the caster has decided upon," Harrison said making some students look shocked at the young Slytherin study habits as more people began to laugh at Ronald who was felt another blow to his bottom. "I really hope you are not as big as a bully as you appear to be Ronald for I cast the spell so that each time you bullied someone you would get spanked," Harrison said twirling his wand in his hands and turning his back on the redhead boy and seeing both Sirius and his friends giving him thumbs up. "So I ask again do you yield Ronald," Harrison said in his normally soft voice even as the other boy cried out in pain every couple of seconds feeling another swat to his ass.

"Fine I give now just undo the spell," Ronald said as the barrier came down with the end of the duel.

"I am sorry Ronald but that spell can only end once it runs its course," Harrison said as he looked over his shoulder at the other boy before he left the platform to the cheers of the Slytherins and wolf-whistles from his Uncle as even Severus gave him a larger than normal smile at his second victory without getting hit from his opponent's spells. At the far edge of the crowed Professor Quirrell had to admit that the boy had some skill as his Master cursed at seeing Severus congratulating the boy as he walked off the platform.

Chapter 11: Rats and Weasels

Chapter Text

Even Harrison had been surprised that the spell he had used on Ronald has lasted so long, he had thought it had been simple when he had thought of actions of bullying as calling people names, picking on people who Ron had considered weaker than himself. Harrison had thought the spanking spell would last one maybe two hours at most but the spell did not end until shortly before lunch making it last almost four hours. Unknown to Harrison was that besides Ronald picking on Harrison and his friends the redhead almost constantly bullied Hermione Granger. After Harrison had rejected his friendship Ronald had found Hermione who was always alone and despite her claim of being the smartest witch of their year, Ronald had found it all too simple to manipulate the girl to not only do all his homework for him but he even tried to get her to make Harry joining them. Due to having to get a spank for all bullying that he gave Hermione on a near-constant basis by the time the spell wore off Ronald could not even sit down forcing him to stand as he eats lunch. By the end of lunch, Ron was fuming as stomped over to Percy and demanded to use Hermes. Percy knowing what his little brother had planned for his owl Percy refused before he left his brother to give a warning about Ronald's plan to Harrison. It was no real shock for the Fifth-Year Gryffindor to find the young Slytherin in the library pouring over a large book. It took Percy several tries to actually get Harrison's attention. "Oh hello Percy," Harrison said looking up from the research he was doing.

"Now I know what people mean when they tell me I get lost in a book," Percy muttered to himself shaking his head. "I thought I should warn you I think Ronald while being unable to do anything to you himself due to your wager he has decided to get our mother involved, again," Percy said.

"Oh okay," Harrison said a little distractedly "hey Percy you are in the Fifth-Year do you know if spells are the same are around the world?"

"What that brought that on?" Percy asked.

"Well during my planning for the first duel with your brother I noticed that all spells we learn seemed to be based in the Latin language making me wonder what about other countries which language had no common base with Latin," Harrison explained shocking Percy had never even thought about it and told the young boy as much. "Darn I asked Professor Snape as well and he could not tell me either," Harrison said with a hint of disappointment. "Oh yeah, I wanted to apologize for utterly humiliated your little brother."

"Ah you don't have to," Percy said waving the comment aside "I hate to say it but it was about time he saw that his actions have consequences. I am sure you noticed that my younger brothers tend to be a bit wild I hate to speak ill of my parents but it did take some time bringing up seven kids but after myself, they found it hard to discipline us kids. I also should warn you if you think my brothers are bad wait till next year where you will meet my sister she has read every single book about you and is convinced you are going to be her husband." This shocked Harrison for while he had heard that books had been written about him he had always assumed they were like history books, not something a kid his own age would read.

 

Ron was pissed off that Percy had not let him use Hermes forcing him to use a school owl to write home about the duel. He was also doing his best to avoid everyone even his roommates were teasing him about how he had lost the duel and with Hermione busy doing his homework for him as well as knowing it was a bad idea to talk to the twins for they would tease him more than everyone else. Needing someone to talk to he was forced to rely on Scabbers to vent to throughout the day. He was thankful for magic for after sending his letter Ronald headed to the Hospital Wing and after talking to the Medi-Witch was given a potion so that he could sit down again. Ron had ended up spending the day alone, apart from Scabbers, sitting at the edge of the Dark Lake. Near supper time Ron hoped every had gotten over it as he stuffed Scabbers into a pocket of his robes and head to dinner. The first thing he noticed was that strange man sitting next to Professor Snape from this morning as he sat down as far as he could from everyone else just in case they were still in the mood to tease him. Just as he sat down the few issues of the Evening Prophet that people read arrived. The normal sounds of people eating filled the room when people started suddenly saying "Bangladesh" due to the enchantment on the articles in the paper. As Ron starts to get up to leave he suddenly notices a glow coming from his pocket. Worried that someone was pulling a prank on him the redhead reaches into his pocket where the glow was coming from and pulled out Scabbers. Still worried that someone was pranking him but not knowing what was going on he rushed to the head table, drawing everyone's attention due to the glowing rat in his hands. Dumbledore cursed both boy and rat as they approached having hoped the fool Pettigrew would not have been found so soon let alone hiding right under his own nose at Hogwarts of all places no less.

"Professor something is wrong with my rat?" Ronald said as he placed Scabbers on the Head table before Professor McGonagall. As Sirius did not have a wand it was up to Severus who moved past several of his colleagues pulling out his wand and with a flick cast the spell to reverse an Animagus transformation. The entire hall lets out a gasp as the glowing rat changes into a short man with rat-like features.

"Pettigrew?" Professor McGonagall said breaking the silence that had enveloped the hall at the man's transformation making the man start. As everyone in the hall was too surprised to make any move the man decided now would be the best chance to get away as he had recognized Sirius Black of all people sitting at the Head Table. The man barely turned around before Severus cast a stunner at him making him collapsed into a heap. Sirius could not help but give a cheer as he rushed forward and hugged Severus and kissed the Potion Master's right cheek before Severus pushed him away summoning with the help of Professor Flitwick some robe to wrap around Pettigrew's unconscious form. Professor Sprout joined in as she cast a Patronus spell sending out a rabbit out of the Hall and to the Ministry of Magic to let them know that Pettigrew had been found. Albus was trying to regain control of the hall and send the students away to their dorms but no one could hear him over Sirius's loud sounds of joy as he literally ran around the hall. It took a firecracker from Severus's wand to bring the hall back to utter silence as he glared at the students and with one word sent them out of the hall and back to their dorms. Ronald actually needing to be pulled back to where ever the Gryffindor Dorms were by his older brother due to his shock of finding out the rat that sometimes slept in his bed was an adult male.

 

When they arrived back in the Slytherin Common Room Harrison told his friends what had just happened as until Peter had been found every witness at the trial had been Magically sworn to secrecy so that where ever Peter Pettigrew was hiding he would not have caught wind of it. "So does that mean Cousin Sirius is a free man now?" Draco asked after learning everything.

"It seems like it.  I wonder what he is going to do now?" Harrison said.

"What do you mean?" Theo asked.

"Well he used to be an Auror but I doubt he will want to work for the Ministry at the moment," Harrison explained having learned this during some time he had spent with his Uncle.

"Well he could become a Finder," Blaise stated.

"What is that?" Harrison asked and saw he was not the only one who did not know the term.

"Well think of it like one of those Muggle Private Eyes he would do work of an Auror or even normal Law Officer working for clients when they need him I mean your family is quite rich he does not need to work but it would give him something to do," Blaise explained. Harrison suddenly imagined one of those old Noir Detective movies he had seen with Uncle Sirius in a dark trench coat and a wide-brimmed hat as he sat at a desk with his feet on it as he smoked a cigarette which made him burst out into uncontrollable giggles.

"What's up Cousin?" Draco asked having never heard Harrison giggle so much.

"I don't think you would get the reference," Harrison said when he finally stopped giggling and wiping a tear from his eyes.

"Try us," Vincent said.

"Alright I just imagined my uncle as a grim and gritty hard-boiled detective who was sitting in his office and it just made me laugh," Harrison said.

"I have you know I could never pull off the hard-boiled thing," a voice said as a beaming Sirius said walking over.

"That is correct despite his name he could never knowingly be serious," Professor Snape said standing behind him.

"Well good news Pup an old friend of mine who is now the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement arrived and took Peter into custody. I am a free man now," Sirius said pulling Harrison to his feet and spinning him around for a moment.

"Does that mean I am leaving Uncle Vernon's place?" Harrison asked with conflicting feelings it would be great to live with actual family but he had enjoyed his last month at #4 before school had started.

"That is up to you Pup," Sirius said with a smile.  "I would love for you to live with me but from what Sev has OW," Sirius began only to be smacked on the back of the head from the Potions Master. "Fine Severus," Sirius said ducking in case another blow came "Your Uncle really cares for you and has changed his life due to interacting with you and the Magical World."

"I will have to think about it if that is okay," Harrison said.

"Take as much time as you need Pup I am in no hurry in fact I discussed it with Sev," Sirius said with a smile as he caught the coming smack "and he agreed to let me stay with him until one of the Black Properties has been fixed up. If you believe it your grandmother let most of them fall into disrepair apart from the one she insisted on living in which was always too cramped for my style."

"Everything is too "cramped" for your style Black," Severus said as he tried and failed to extract his arm from Sirius's grip. "Do you think you could let go or I may decide not to take you out tomorrow to pick up a new wand?" Sirius immediately let go of Severus's hand making the group of Slytherin students chuckle.

"Hey, do you think you can pick something up for me while you are there?" Harrison asked.

"Depends I can not get you a broom it is against the rules you know," his Uncle said with a wink.

"No, nothing like that, Percy told me about books that were written about me that his little sister read, I mean I know I am in several books due to how Lily and Dad died but I never thought they would make children books about me. Do you think you could pick me up one of them?" Harrison asked. "I tried the library but I could not find a single copy even with Madam Pince's help."

"That is strange I know that Albus made sure to have the complete collection of story about your life in the library for at least five years now," Severus said stroking his chin in thought.

"Now that you mentioned it I have not seen any of them all year," Marcus said "I was going to show one of them to Harrison during his first week of class but I couldn't find a single copy and I recall seeing five of each book last year at the end of term.

"I think I will have to have a talk with our Headmaster about the missing books, maybe bringing Pince along if she can not find one no one can," Severus said knowing how deeply the librarian cared for her books.

 

At breakfast the next morning every student that ordered the Daily Prophet was swarmed so that the other students could learn what had happened last night with the rat-man. The normal sounds of the hall were broken as distracted by reading the paper with his friends Harrison had not realized that someone had sent him a Howler.

HARRY JAMES POTTER,
HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MY SON.

As Percy recognized the voice as his mother's amplified he got up to cast a spell to destroy the Howler

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. I KNOW YOUR PARENTS WOULD BE.

Percy, however, was not the one to get there first for as soon as Sirius had heard the name Harry he had snatched Severus's wand and made his way over to the table and cast a spell that reverted the Howler into a letter and put a stasis spell on it. Pocketing the letter he sent a glare at the boy Harrison had utterly defeated in the duel before going back to returns Severus's wand to him. As Sirius had passed back the wand he had been amazed that he was so easily able to use it.  For usually when he used someone else's wand he felt a small chill in his core but not this time. Sirius decided that after he got his wand and Harrison's books he was going to visit the Weasleys at the Burrow. He had known Arthur in school who was a couple of years older than him, but he could not see the man doing something like this, Molly on the other hand he had no trouble imagining it, even if he did not have the proof already in his hands. Returning to his seat Sirius wrote a quick letter to Arthur asking him to be at his house around lunchtime to discuss something before he sent it to the Ministry mail room. He had heard tales from both Lily and James about the woman before James had gone into hiding after Regulus had disappeared about her wanting to arrange play-dates between her kids and Harrison. When James had finally agreed to one it had barely lasted five minutes before they left due to the twins poking and pinched Harry all over and Ronald stealing all the food that James had tried to feed his son.

 

An hour later as Harrison was in his Charms class Sirius bid farewell to Severus twirling his new wand in his hand. Thanks to the Ministry paying him compensation as well as having gone to Gringotts to claim his Lordships and vaults Sirius had decided to skip Ollivanders Wand Shop and had followed Severus to Master Jax-Gat to make his wand. In the end Sirius had found a wand of Rowan and Spruce thirteen inches long with the core of a crystallized Dragon tear. According to Master Jax-Gat his new wand showed him to have both high morals as well as a good sense of humor but with a sense of duty to protect others forged like steel from his life. Now that he had a wand again Sirius could Apparate alone as he headed to find the children's book based on his nephew. He found that the one series with the highest sales were being returned due to an interview with the author of them who had gone on about blood supremacy and other outdated ideas such as gender issues and the like. Shaking his head at learning this Sirius had chosen one of the lesser-known series about Harry growing up with the cover art showing a strapping young boy maybe six years old riding a broom and going to face a dragon. As he had been in Azkaban when these books were first published he decided to get copies of the books for himself as well, even the one series of seven books from the former top author. Making his purchases Sirius shrunk the bag and put it away and saw he still had a couple of hours left until his meeting so he decided to get some new robes for himself since he was still wearing the ones he had been arrested in all those years ago which now hung on his more gaunt frame. To get his robes he went to two places starting with Madam Malkin's to get both his measurements as well as one fresh pre-made robe before he went to a specialty store to place an order for more official robes as it was called for as being Lord Black. Once he placed his order he saw it was nearly time and Apparated to the Burrow. When he looked around he saw that if he had been just a bit off he would have splinched himself with Arthur who had arrived at the same exact time.

"Ah Sirius it is good to see you I am was overjoyed at hearing you were released," Arthur said in his normally happy manner holding out his hand to shake Sirius.

"Thank you Arthur that means a lot, but that is not why I am here today," Sirius said as they walked to the tall Magical home.

"Arthur this is a surprise you never come home for lunch let me whip you up something," Molly said as the two men walked into her small kitchen.

"Later Molly," Arthur said motioning for his wife to sit down. "Sirius wanted to speak to us about something, does this have to do with Pettigrew?"

"Pettigrew that man they caught yesterday to show Sirius was innocent why would it have to do with him?" Molly asked.

"I just learned this morning that Pettigrew had been hiding as Scabbers," Arthur informed his wife.

"Scabbers Ron's rat, oh dear is my baby alright?" Molly asked turning to Sirius.

"I have not come to talk about that I have come about this," Sirius said pulling out the Howler and placing it on the table. "I wish for you to stop sending my nephew letters, normal or Howlers."

"Sending your nephew letters what are you talking about Sirius?" Arthur asked confused.

"Well it seems your son has gotten it into his mind that Harrison should be his best friend and be resorted into Gryffindor rather than his current House, Slytherin," Sirius started as he told the pair about the boy's first duel and what Severus had shared with him of Ronald's reaction to it before he told them of the duel from the day before. In the end, Arthur looked shocked at his youngest son's behavior while Molly was frustrated as she had been telling her husband that Ronald was getting bullied by the Slytherins hence some of his recent reactions. "Oh by the way Molly his name is not Harry James Potter it is Harrison Orion Potter-Black. Though if any more Howlers are sent to him from you I will be talking to some old friends of mine and setting up a restraining order against you," Sirius said before he stood up and left the kitchen without another word.

Chapter 12: Burning Question

Summary:

Harrison seeks some help in answering a question that has been on his mind

Chapter Text

As his Uncle and Godfather were gone for the day to get his uncle a new wand it was just a normal day for Harrison as he went to classes most excited to get to Charms as on Percy's suggestion he decided to ask Professor Flitwick about his question. As he had a free period after Charms he waited for everyone to leave before he approached the Professor who as always perched on the pile of books. "Ah, Harrison what can I do for you today?" Flitwick asked with a small smile on his face used to Harrison come after class to asked questions on any random branch of magic.

"Well, Professor Flitwick I was wondering if you can tell me about what Witches and Wizards in parts of the world such as students at Mahoutokoro or Uagadou spell casting. I mean during my preparation for my duel with Ronald I noticed that all spells we are learning here have roots in the Latin language but as both those schools come from parts of the world where their language is not based on Latin, so do they learn the same spells?" Harrison asked surprising the Charms Master.

"I must say that is a remarkable observation young Harrison, and something that most students don't tend to think about until we start teaching Nonverbal spells in their Sixth-Year," Flitwick said.

"You mean I have to wait until my Sixth-Year to find out my answer to my question," Harrison said with a slight pout.

"Now when have I ever let you down my boy," Flitwick said with a little laugh. "Now I know that each Professor has their own way to discuss this when they began to teach nonverbal spells. I tend to focus on three approaches now if you recall during our first week  we went over the intent of magic?" Flitwick asked.

"Yes you stated that while a person is born with a Light, Gray, or Dark Core that does not have anything to do with being called an evil magic user and even a simple spell such as casting sparks can be used for evil," Harrison stated with an understanding nod.

"Very good that is one of the first aspects of magic to understand the bases of nonverbal spells which can help you understand your question. Now take this cup," Flitwick said as he cast a spell to make a cup appear. "When a person is young before they speak their first words a person learns by seeing others interact with objects that is how it is with learning magic as well. "

"What do you mean?" Harrison asked a little confused.

"Okay, let's take the spell we were working on today the Levitation Charm, Wingardium Leviosa, before a student will try to cast it we have the practice where we work on pronunciation as you focus on the magic thus creating a connection between the words of the spell and the actions you wished to perform after you cast it. Thus afterward anytime you go to cast that spell those words will come to mind as well as the wand movement. Now if you were a student at Mahoutokoro for example you would have been taught, I believe, a spell called Fuyū tamashi. It is in fact the same spell and wand movements the only real difference is the language the spell is cast in. Now in a couple of years, you will also be taught a Summoning Charm known as Accio which will bring an object towards you but you could use a Levitation Charm to do this as well making people classify them as similar magics."

"Are they not?" Harrison asked confused.

"In a moment I have one last point to make and you can decide that one for yourself," Flitwick said finally climbing down from the stack of books and leading Harrison over to one of the desks in the room. "How about a bit of tea as we continue hm?" the Charms Master asked.

"Okay sir," Harrison said as the diminutive Professor used both Accio and Wingardium Levious to bring over a teapot, some cups, and saucers.

 

"Now this last point I find most telling as an answer for your question Harrison," Flitwick said as he heated and poured their tea. "Now before students come to Hogwarts they have a time where their magic manifest in what some called Wild Magic, though I prefer a name I once heard a Muggleborn call it, Wish Magic. Which makes sense as Muggle with no knowledge of our world their magic first comes out when they wish for something to happen," Flitwick said making Harrison recall his "Wish Magic" he had used before finding out he was a Wizard. "I can tell by the expression on your face you understand what I am talking about it is during this Wish Magic where a person has no knowledge of proper spells yet still cast sometimes incredibly powerful magic. Some Magic-Users such as Headmaster Dumbledore say that Witches and Wizards need wands to help focus their magic, but I for one, as do my kin among the Goblins, know that this is false. For while a wand does help focus a spell some become to reliant on it as well as the spells they read from others Magic is too all-encompassing to be so ridged. All Magic needs to work is a ready and open mind for with it one can do anything," Flitwick said and as if to prove his point without using a wand or saying a single world the small part Goblin man grew his body until he was the same size as Hagrid before the rest of the desk in to room suddenly filled with different versions of him. Harrison watched in amazement as the classroom filled with different-sized Flitwicks all began casting different spells some of which he recognized but more often than not were new to the young Slytherin boy. After about ten minutes the Flitwicks began to vanish until only the one sitting next to Harrison remained as he slowly returned to his "normal" size.

"Wow that was amazing sir," Harrison said.

"That was nothing my boy any person with a truly open mind could do the same you yourself would be able to do it once you reach seventeen years of age," Flitwick said waving away the compliment.

"Why seventeen?" Harrison asked.

"That is the age that most Magical people's core finally settle down into a person's normal level," the man said as he cleared away the tea set with a wave of his wand. "Though before you reach seventeen you still should be able to, with practice, cast nonverbal spells and if you are lucky wandless as well. Now it is almost time for lunch so off you trot young Harrison," Flitwick said dismissing the boy with a gentle smile. As Harrison grabbed the door nob to leave the man also called after him, "Oh yes have a Happy Halloween and Samhain  my lad." With a wave, Harrison left the room thinking about all he had learned and seen from the Charms Master who he had a hard time thinking was any less powerful than Dumbles.

 

Even though it had been nice to see Arthur again, Sirius was in a bad mood after having to explain to Molly that he would not put up with her sending Howlers to his nephew. As he was not expected back at Hogwarts until the Halloween Feast he decided to head over to Grimmauld Place knowing if he had his way the whole house would be destroyed but he was hoping to collect some of the old stuff that he had left behind when he had run away as a kid, not to mention some of the Family Wands and maybe a couple of pictures of Regulus to show Harrison his Sire as a kid. As he stepped over the threshold he found the place was in an even worse state when he had last been there. "Ah someone comes to visit the Grand Home of the Great Black Family, ah but no it is just Master Sirius, a nasty brat he was to my Mistress," a voice called out as he walked down the front hall.

"Hello to you to Kreacher unpleasant as ever I see," Sirius said as he ignored the Elf's muttering.

"Nasty Brat Kreacher wonders why he has darkened my Mistress's home after all this time. Heard he was in jail suited him it did," the old half-crazed elf mutter to himself.

"Not that it is any of your business Kreacher but I have become Lord Black and I have come to collect some things before leaving this place to rot on its own," Sirius informed the Elf.

"Worthless traitor to the family you are, if Master Regulus was alive he would be the rightful Lord so states Mistress," Kreacher stated darkly.

"Well my brother is not alive and if what you said is true then I would only be regent Black, not Lord no matter what she said,' Sirius pipped up actually seeming to draw the Elf back to semi-normal sense.

"Regent? My Master Regulus had a child?" Kreacher asked him mind clearing a little for the first time in almost a decade since his beloved Master had vanished breaking his Mistress's heart.

"He has indeed Kreacher, my Nephew," Sirius said as he decided to cut the visit short by using his new wand and just summon everything to him so he would not have to go any farther than he was now.

"Master Regulus had a son," Kreacher said falling to his knees and placing his hands over his face as he cried large ugly tears of joy. "Thank Lady Magic the Black Family Line will continue."

"Hey what's that mean I could have kids," Sirius snarled at the weeping Elf.

"You is not fit to carry on the line with your liking of other Wizards," the elf, shot back.

"I hate to tell you this, wait no I don't, but Regulus' partner was another Wizard," Sirius said rolling his eyes seeing his Mom's handiwork as despite the Magical World being more accepting and welcoming to same-sex couples there were some like his mother who held that marriage should be between a man and a woman going as far as using a Marriage Contract on both her sons. Sirius as soon as he found out had gone to Gringotts and had his broken before having Regulus do the same. True Sirius had not found the "one" yet he still had hoped to find the person most suited for him and his magic. At one time he had thought that had been Remus but had found out that the Werewolf had a thing for Lily and Sirius was not going to get in their way. Sirius's mind suddenly went back to that morning he had taken hold of Severus's wand to end Molly's Howler Message. He had used other people's wands before in the course of his former career as an Auror but never before had a wand just felt so right in his hand apart from his own.

"I wish to meet Master Regulus's son," Kreacher said bursting into Sirius's thoughts.

"Maybe if you are good and help bring up some of the Black proprieties back up to livable conditions he may visit us during the summer," Sirius said absentmindedly.

"I will do that Master Black," Kreacher said shocking Sirius as the elf gave him a deep bow before Apparating away to follow the orders. Seeing everything he had come for was sitting in a neat little pile before him Sirius transfigured the old troll's leg umbrella stand into a chest and sent it to the rooms he was sharing with Severus at Hogwarts. Wanting to do something that was more enjoyable than his last two errands Sirius decided that until the feast he would go around catching up with old friends starting with Remus.

 

Harrison found the hall louder than normal as he sat down for supper barely paying attention to the Halloween decorations for he had overheard a very loud conservation between Ronald and Granger about today being the day his father and Godmother had died. How had no one told him this yet, he just wanted to curl into a ball in his room but Blaise and Theo would not allow it as they dragged him to the feast telling him that he should use it to toast them and all they had done for him; only managing to get him to come as they agreed to share the toast. After a while, Harrison was glad he had come his friends making him laugh as they shared stories of their own past loved ones on a day to honor the dead. Everything changed, however, as dessert arrived and with a bang, the doors to the Hall burst open and Professor Quirrell rushed into the hall crying out, "Trolls in the dungeons..... thought you ought to know" before he seemed to pass out. As those around him began to wonder how a troll had gotten into the school Harrison was trying to figure out what had happened to the Professor's stutter.

A firecracker rang through the Hall as Dumbles stood up calling for silence. "Prefects take your houses to their dorm rooms you can all finish the feast there," Dumbles said making Harrison wonder if the man really was insane or just going senile. What was worse was his housemates were starting to follow his order as they began to leave their seats. Harrison saw that only Marcus and himself had not gotten up as they shared a look of wonder at the rest of their house. Not wanting his friends to get hurt Harrison acted without thinking as without a word placed a sticking charm on every single Slytherin and due to them coming from the same area, Hufflepuff's shoes stopping them in their tracks. Several of the students finding they could not lift their feet from the floor fell but most keep upright though struggled to free their stuck feet. "Is there a problem here?" Albus asked as the way out of the Hall was now blocked by the stuck students.

Many students cried they could not move their feet, but it was Marcus who drew everyone's attention. "YOU BET THERE IS!" the Slytherin Quidditch Captain said standing up and climbing on top of the table so everyone could see him. "Someone said there is a troll in the dungeons and your first thought is to send everyone to their common rooms even though two of the four Houses are based in that general area?" Marcus asked making the group of Slytherin and Hufflepuff stop trying to free themselves and what looked like, to Harrison, that they have come out of a trance they had been under.

"Mr. Flint that is enough listen to the Headmaster," Professor McGonagall said.

"No Minerva Heir Flint is correct sending them out of the Hall would make it easier for a student to get hurt," Professor Flitwick said smiling at Marcus before giving Harrison a knowing look. "In fact 150 points to Slytherin for whatever Heir Flint did to protect his fellow students."

"But sir I did..." Marcus began before he caught Flitwick's eye who gave him a wink knowing Marcus had not been the one who had stopped everyone.

"Now every student shall resume their places as we ward the room and look for the troll," Flitwick said receiving nods from the other Professors apart from McGonagall and Dumbles. As the small Charms, Master was setting everything up four people used the confusion to sneak out of the hall. Harrison was only told later that two of them were his Uncle and Godfather for he had been watching one of the Gyrffindorks who was also in her First-Year leave the hall. He had been surprised it had not been either Granger or Ronald who had tried to get away but then he noticed that Percy was keeping an eye on the pair of them most likely expecting them to do just that. As Harrison turned to tell his friends about the girl he suddenly noticed that Professor Quirrell had also vanished from where he had laid passed out after running into the hall; which for some reason made Harrison get a sinking feeling in his gut.

Chapter 13: Power shift and stones

Summary:

A student contemplates how Hogwarts is different than what she expected and Severus informs Harrison what is being kept in the school.

Notes:

The start of this chapter contains some Harry (Harrison, Snape, Sirius, Flitwick, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw bashing as it is from a Gryffindor girl. Also, the chapter contains mention of eating human flesh.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Shelby congratulated herself for getting out of the hall with only getting noticed by a single snake. She had been tempted to flip him off but was not sure if he would get the meaning behind the gesture. Shelby was sure that once she took out the troll by herself everyone would see that Gryffindor House was the best House at Hogwarts. She had been rather disappointed with how Hogwarts had turned out to be. Ever since her eldest brother had come home from his first year she had listened to his stories about Gryffindor House, well he was mostly complaining as he had been sorted into Ravenclaw, about how the House of the Lions could do no wrong and would get away with just about anything. Her brother was now in his last year and if he had a sense of humor she would have thought he had been messing with her. Her other older brother a Third-Year Puff had told her tails about two Gryffindors in his year that had a fearsome reputation the even in their First-Year students in their seventh year had been afraid to cross them. She had asked if they were that powerful only to be told that they were the largest pranksters in the school who somehow had the ability to prank students and staff without being caught doing it. Hearing this Shelby had introduced herself to the twins at the opening feast and the pair had actually taken her under their wing in the field of pranking. The first week at Hogwarts had been fantastic as the twins introduced her to their younger brother, Ron who she had instantly developed a slight crush on. The twins had taken shown both her and Ron one of the many empty classrooms that they would use to brew the potions that they used in their pranks surprising Shelby who could not find out how they could be so good at potions after the worthless first class from the bloody overgrown bat that was Snape. However, something happened that had changed everything, though she was not sure what it was. Suddenly the twins had gone from the number one pranksters in the schools to being the biggest jokes. From the tales of her brothers despite being known for pranking the twins would only get detention for it once a term, started to get detentions almost daily for a full two weeks for planned pranks. She had watched from the sidelines as their swagger disappeared due to getting caught at every turn and then having their potions lab being discovered and cleared out. What was worse, at least in Shelby's opinion, was that Ron had moved away from the twins and started hanging out with the Mudblood Granger and would complain, as the witch did all his homework, saying that everything would be different once Harry was re-sorted into Gryffindor where he truly belonged. Shelby could not figure out why the hot redhead was so focused on the snake but she just guessed it was his noble nature that he wanted to protect the idiot from the danger he was in.

 

After the two weeks of constant detentions, Shelby had watched the twins step away from pranking but it did not leave them, as if the rest of the school was full of sharks sensing freshly spilled blood the twins themselves became the victims of pranks from all but their own House. She had been devastated one day when she had found the twins stuck to a wall after being pranked by a First-Year puff of all things. Seeing the pair who at the start of the year walked around like they owned the place quiver in fear at the young puff really began to make her mad. Having grown up hearing that Gryffindor was the most powerful House in the school making her not ask or plead but order the Sorting Hat to place her in it only to find that somehow the House of the Lions after the first week the House had fallen hard to be the low place on the food change. Besides the Mudblood Granger, the average marks in their classes were High A's while the other first years lowest grades were around the low EEs. Then there was that duel that Ron had had with Harry Potter, she was one of the few that still believed the tale that Ron had felt sorry for the Boy-Who-Lived and let him win their duel. In her mind, during the second duel, Potter had helped to embarrassed Ron. In fact, one did not have to look far to find out who had been the one to help him, as unlike most of her classmates she recognized the man who was now living with the dungeon bat as the criminal Sirius Black. She did not care that the rat had been found to be Peter Pettigrew she just knew that Black was one of He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named supporters. The man must have learned some dark magic that allowed him to get past the half-breed Charm's professor's barrier to attack Ron as Harry took the credit. She was going to really show everyone though that Gryffindors were not to be taken lightly, and here it was she thought to herself as she sees the troll duck into a ladies restroom on the second floor. "I so got this," Shelby said to herself as she rolled her shoulder of her wand hand and went into the bathroom after the troll.

 

 

As Severus and Sirius walked into the girl's restroom a while later both of them despite having seen horrors during the last Magical War almost lost their suppers at the blood and gore in the room. Having felt that the troll was a diversion to get at the stone both men had left to guard it only to received a request to come to the first-floor ladies bathroom as the troll had been found. Pushing open the door, the pair was first hit by the scent of blood in the room before they heard someone crying. Looking around the room they spotted the troll with its head blasted off before they saw a young First-Year curled into a ball as she cradled the stump where her arm had been. "Young Miss Lesky decided she would try to take on the troll by herself," Flitwick said seeing the pair. "We got here just as the troll was in the middle of eating her wand hand," the diminutive man said shaking his head in pity for the girl.

"Was there anything left to re-attach?" Sirius asked thinking of one of his old co-workers from the Auror days who had after losing both his right foot and left hand in a duel Magically put them back into place.

"Unfortunately no," Flitwick said, "when we arrived to protect Miss Lesky I was forced to kill it."

"There is very little I think either Madam Pomfrey or myself can do for her she will have to be sent to St. Mungos at once not only for the healing of her body but a Mind Healer as well," Sirius said as he used his wand to summon a large blanket to cover the girl before he gently lifted her into his arms and carried her out of the bathroom.

"I think we need to have someone come look at the wards," Severus said as the door closed.

"I am sure there is no problem," Albus said as he walks into the room and stops dead in his tracks at the sight before him.

"Not a problem did you not see the student Sirius just carried out of here or see the state of this room Albus?" Flitwick asked the man who was once again fell short of his expectations.

"I agree with Filius on this Albus a troll getting in was bad enough but now a student got hurt as well not to mention if the wards are up to standards we would not need to have those inane ways to protect the Philosopher's Stone," Severus said thinking if he brought up the stone the man would jump at the added protection.

"Ah, those inane protections, as you call them, are for the Greater Good my boy," Albus said with the blasted twinkle in his eyes.

"Can you explain again why we are the ones that are meant to protect the stone?" Flitwick asked. "I know that the vault it had been its home for who knew how long was broken into over the summer but why here of all places?"

"Ah well Nicolas asked me to put it under my protection," Albus said and for once Severus did not believe it at all.

"Well then we need to update the wards I mean if you are worried about some evil Magic-user getting a hold of it the wards could be tuned to add another layer of protection around the stone itself," Severus said making a mental note to himself to write to Nicolas Flamel to see if the man had asked Albus to look after the stone.

"I shall talk to the board about it," Albus said with that grandfatherly smile of his before he left the room with Minerva following in his wake like the cat she would transform into. Severus and Filius caught each other's eye as they agreed to bring up the wards to their contacts with the Goblins and the school board themselves. Knowing that Albus would make Argus have to clean up the mess if they left it alone Severus quickly made the dead troll and blood vanish leaving not a trace of the horrible events that had taken place in the room in the last hour. Before Severus himself left to place a Floo call to Lucius and write to Flamel he was stopped by Filius who filled him in on the cause of all the Huffelpuffs and Slytherins finding themselves unable to move when Albus had tried to send them to their dorms. Shocked that it had been Harrison who had done it Severus headed to the Slytherin dorms to collect his Godson.

 

Once they were in his rooms Severus turned to Harrison to find out if Filius had been correct in his observations. "So were you the real cause of everyone getting stuck to the floor earlier?"

"Um, I think so I mean it just seemed strange that hearing that a troll was spotted close to our dorms that Draco and the others would listen to Dumbles and possibly head to their deaths. After Charms today Professor Flitwick finally answered the question that had been bothering me for a while and told me about magic really taking form based on a person's intent and I guess not wanting my friends to get hurt I acted on instincts to make them stop. Also, I noticed that after Marcus pointed out the fact that they were being sent into the Troll's path that most students seemed to wake from a trance as if they had been placed under some post-hypnotic suggestion."

"Did they now?" Severus asked stroking his chin in thought.

"Do you think he planned for the troll to arrive?" Harrison asked shocking the Potions Master.

"Now how did you come to that conclusion?"

"Well thinking back on it when Professor Quirrell crashed through the doors Dumbles did not start like everyone else. I also noticed that when he told everyone about the troll his stutter did not come out and you would think based on how scared he had acted it would have been worse than normal. It was if Professor Quirrell wanted to share his news as quickly as possible to create a panic. Also as I had turned to let the others know about a girl I saw leaving the hall before the wards were put in place I noticed that despite having fainted moments ago was gone."

"I can explain that," Severus said "Now as you know at the start of the year the Headmaster mentioned that the third-floor corridor on the left-hand side was forbidden to students. Well, the reason it was made off-limits is due to the fact that Albus is using it to guard a rare Magical object known as a Philosopher's Stone which is used to transform useless metals into Gold but also to create a special drink known as the Elixir of Life."

"Why would he bring that here?" Harrison asked.

"That is a good question he said it was due to the creator asking him to look after it fearing for the stone's safety. Which if not for the fact that the vault the stone had been kept at Gringotts had been broken into over the summer I would think he was after it himself," Severus said.

"Why would he want it for himself I mean from what I read about him his family line is quite rich, wait if that is true why would he be taking money from my vaults?" Harrison asked recalling the results from the his inheritance test at the Magical Bank.

"You seemed to reach the heart of the it in one," Severus said with a smile to his Godson. "While his line had been wealthy a long time ago something that his father did lost most of his fortune since then beside working towards the so called Greater Good Albus had done all he could to make people respect him and follow him as he gathered money from his supporters and little backdoor in some of the laws he passed to make some of the taxes that people pay go right into his own accounts."

"That hardly seems legal," Harrison said.

"It is not and yet no one seems to want to do anything about it apart from Draco's father and a few others in his party," Severus said.

"You don't think that he somehow has the members of the Wizengamot in a trance like he had the students earlier do you?" Harrison asked shocking Severus once more.

"Oh, Merlin I hope not. Everyone always said he was the only one Dark Lord ever feared but based on the fact that until he came here to get a job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher his stance changed. Before then the man had gone by his birth name of Tom Riddle and had been an advocate for more intensive preparatory lessons for Muggleborns to start once they learned of their magic. As well as calling for home visits once a month just in case the Muggle's family tried as Petunia did and try to make a person suppress their magic. Besides trying to make a Muggleborn coming into our world less traumatic Tom also stood up for people who had creature blood like Remus. Yet after coming to interview for the job Tom started to go by the name Lord Voldemort and starting to tell his allies to attack Muggleborns. When his allies did not move to obey right away the man decided to make an example by cursing Elisa Nott, Theodore's mother so that she would die in childbirth. After that, it got even worse as Tom stopped seeing his allies as equals and began to force them to follow him lest they face death at his hand. This lead to his former allies to start to call themselves Death Eaters for they knew, either way, their lives were tied to death if they either tried to stand up to Tom or to try to break away from him he would blast them with a killing curse. Your parents were actually part of a lucky few that had managed to escape from him," Severus said.

"Wait so Papa and Dad were actually Death Eaters?" Harrison asked in shock.

"Actually no, before his change from Tom to Voldemort they were his allies, thanks in part to wanting to change the laws so that Remus could have more freedom. And despite what some people like young Ronald would think some Death Eaters did their best to keep the casualty counts low or get away with not killing anyone at all. Draco's parents were in this group, we were not sure if there was some spark of Tom leftover but he had Lucius take over trying to move his agenda in the Wizengamont and not actually out dealing with the "dangerous Muggles" that he now believed were destroying the Magic for the Purebloods. Now that part was what caused more and more of his allies to wonder as Tom had never hidden the fact that his parents were a Witch and a Muggle, but some put it down to the fact that thanks to his mother dying shortly after his birth and his father not taking him in forcing him to live in an orphanage he was now out for revenge on Muggles.

 

"So you think Dumbles did something to him during the interview to make him go well crazy?" Harrison asked.

"Well the way he has been acting this year I would not put it past him," Severus said. "In fact, I have half a mind to blame him for a lot more than making Tom going so dark. If he had let Tom teach we would not be left with so many substandard teachers like Quirrell. Also after our trip to Master Jax-Dax, I did some research into the wand that your ancestor had created. It seems that unlike other wands where winning a duel can gain your power over another person's wand the so-called Elder Wand only really works for members of the Perevell line if used by someone else it actually taps into the Planet's Magic," Severus said before noticing Harrison's confused expression. "By unnaturally tapping into the Planet's Magic he was causing serious damage to the Earth such as global warming and the like.* He could have seen that his popularity level which had been high after his defeat of Grindelwald was dropping he decided to create a new "Dark Lord" for himself to face off against."

"Than why would Vold... Tom, go after my Papa and Lily if my parents had left him by that time?" Harrison asked.

"I am ashamed to say it was my fault," Severus said placing his face in his hands.

"What do you mean?"

"Well unlike your parents I was unable to get free and had found myself in Voldemort's inner circle with Lucius. Now unlike the newly arrived Death Eaters, the Inner Circle were the ones that were not sent to kill people as I said Lucius was trying to move his agenda forward in the Wizengamot while I had been recruited not only for being the youngest Potion Master at the time. One day when I was gathering ingredients in Hogsmead I saw Albus walk into one of the pubs which I knew from my time at Hogwarts was unusual for he preferred that if he drank alcohol would do it in his office. As Voldemort had standing orders for the Death Eaters to keep track of Albus I made my way to the pub myself. I found out why he had gone to the pub when I saw him sit down with someone and begin to interview them for a job to start a Divination Class at Hogwarts. This confused me even more for Albus always made himself out to be too important and would force any applicants to come to see him rather than go to a meeting at a location of their choice." Harrison noticed that suddenly Severus's body began to sway a little and the light went out of his eyes a little as he continued "It seems that the Witch he was meeting was the granddaughter of a famous Seer and during the interview, she began to speak a Prophecy about the Dark Lord." Severus's body began to move a little more as if he was a snake being charmed. "She told of the of the birth of a child who would be able to stop the Dark Lord being born as the seventh month dies to those who defied him three times." Harrison was getting worried as his godfather's body began to sway a little faster and all light seemed to fade from the man's eyes as he talks about the Prophecy he overheard.

"Uncle?" Harrison ventured but Severus did not seem to hear him as he talked about the Prophecy. It seemed to Harrison that Severus had slipped into a trance-like state mostly due to his memory of the events.  Harrison focused his magic on the man and willed the trance to break hoping he could do it without damage since it had been only an hour and a half since he had stuck his fellow students in place in the Hall. Suddenly the light came back to Severus's eyes and he stopped moving as Harrison's magic cleansed his system of a spell that had been in place for more than a decade.

"Sorry about that I must have lost myself in my memories," Severus said lifting his hand to his forehead only to remove it a moment later as he hears a crash and sees Harrison passed out on the floor.

Notes:

* based on a comment from the last chapter from hlharriss which I found funny so I decided to add it to the story.

Chapter 14: False Prophet

Summary:

Break the trance broke the spell

Chapter Text

When Sirius ended up taking the girl, Shelby Lesky, to St. Mungos talking to the staff about what had happened as well as to the girl's horrified parents and younger sibling so that by the time he returned to Hogwarts it was rather late. Since there were only two fireplaces in the castle that would allow actual Floo to travel in and out of the school he prepared himself to apologize to Madam Pomfrey for waking her only to find her office empty. Rather than turn around and just use the Floo to head down to Sev's rooms he stepped into the main Hospital Wing afraid someone else had met the Troll besides Lesky. As he entered the ward he saw a group of people, including Sev, Filius, and Pomfrey, surrounding a student laying on a bed. Seeing the look on Sev's face, who was well known for being one who had perfect control of his emotions, Sirius moved forward only to clutch at his heart as he saw his nephew laying in the bed hands at his sides and eyes shut as if sleeping. "What happened?" he asked stepping into the group around the bed.

"Well it seems your nephew is very powerful for his age," Filius stated with a smile "after his stunt in the Great Hall to protect everyone he and Severus had a conversation. When he noticed Severus acting strange he somehow was able to perform a partial cleansing on Severus. Unfortunately, the act caused him to fall into a magical coma due to suffering from Magical Exhaustion."

"Don't worry about it dear," Madam Pomfrey said patting the ex-convict's arm "he will be back to normal by tomorrow morning, lunch at the latest." Sirius barely noticed the pat to his arm through hearing the news he did feel some tension leaving his body.

"Oh right I have a report from a Healer Shakespeare, she said that while Ms. Lesky is stable it will be a couple of days before she is to get out of bed let alone return. Giving her a full check-up they found that they should be able to attach a magical limb in place of her missing wand arm," Sirius said. "Oh, and when you inform her siblings it might be a good idea to let them know that their youngest sibling was removed from their parents due to signs of child abuse."

"Her parents abused her?" Filius said utterly disgusted.

"No not Shelby, her youngest sibling, it seems when they came in with their parents to see how Shelby was doing one of the staff noticed how cold and harsh they were acting to them, Taking the child aside an assistant Healer questioned them and was horrified to learn that the parents not liking the child's life choices had been using both emotional and physical means to "correct" them," Sirius said sinking into a chair for it had been a long night feeling grateful as Sev began to give him a shoulder massage.

"What were they trying to correct?" Madam Pomfrey asked knowing that at some point the child would most likely come to Hogwarts as well.

"Well it seems young Jo Lesky did not consider themselves male or female something their parents took great offense at as they tried to make Jo accept the fact that they were a girl," Sirius said shuddering a little at some of the stories Jo had told about their time in their house and how only their elder brothers tried to protect them.

"I see what has happened to Jo and the parents?" Filius asked.

"Well Jo was moved into protective custody with one of the Healers who specialized in child care who fell absolutely in love with them confiding in me that if they could she would adopt Jo as for the Leskys they will be serving a five-month stint in Azkaban for child abuse," Sirius said as he accidentally let out a soft moan as Sev hit just the right spot in his back rub. Before he could say more a dark gray owl flew into the room and landed on Severus's shoulder holding a letter and left as soon as the letter was taken from it.

"Fascinating," Severus said as he quickly read the letter to himself.

"Well, what else has happened Sev?" Sirius said blushing a little at the other man's reaction to the nickname.

"See for yourself Black," Severus said handing the letter over as he had a quick conference with the other members of staff telling them to let him know if there was any change as he had something to do.

 

Severus Snape,

I do not know what you are on about. Is this some sort of joke young man? I have heard of you being the youngest person to achieve their Potions Mastery since myself. I don't know where you got your information but my stone is still in my lab. It was never in a vault at Gringotts nor would I ever lend it to anyone let alone Albus for one of his plots. I fear you have been lied to. Also as the second part of your letter, it sounds to me as if the trance you are describing is brought about by either the presence of someone with Siren Blood or an ancient spell that was jokingly called the Pied Piper spell where a person is able to control vast numbers of people unless they have a rare gene that makes them immune. If you find someone with immunity be sure to protect them as the user of this spell or gift might try to do away with them so they will not get in their way. Also if you have even a competent Healer or Medi-person on staff they can use a spell to find the immunity and pass it on to others.

Nicolas Flamel

 

Sirius was flabbergasted the stone that Sev had told him was hidden in the castle was either a fake and or bait for something was bad enough to deal with, but the fact that Albus might have access to this Pied Piper spell was horrible. It had to be the spell in his opinion as Albus while pretending to be all for creature rights was one of the people who were behind the current unjust creature laws in Great Britain that he did not think for a single moment that the man had any creature blood in him. Thinking back to the feast, which Gods, was only three hours ago, Sirius recalled at least a couple of students who seemed to carry the immunity to the spell. Having a feeling that Sev was leaving that in his hands as he went to share with who he thought was after the stone Sirius stood up from his seat to talk to the Head of Ravenclaw and the Matron so they could start protecting everyone from the spell.

 

Sirius had been correct for at the moment Severus Snape was on his way to the rooms of Quirinus Quirrell who he had begun to expect was after the stone for some reason maybe to fully cure his on-again-off-again stutter. Knocking on the man's door he heard Quirrell shout "Just a moment" and the sound of fabric brushing against flesh before the door opened to the man in his sleep clothes still wearing that ridiculous turban on his head. "Ah-h-h-h Sever-us wh-what may I d-d-d-do for you at this hour?" the man asked.

"I thought I should inform you that after the events of this night I received a letter telling me that the stone Albus had hidden in the castle is in fact a fake," Severus said watching the man's expression

"That is too bad he could have really used the stone," Quirrell said shocking Severus as he dropped the stutter,

"Who could have done so?" Severus asked pulling out his wand and pointing it at the short man.

"Why our Master of course," Quirrell said as he began to unravel the turban from around his head as he turned away from Severus.

"Hello Snape I hear you are Dumbles pet now," a silky voice said as Severus lowered his wand in horror at the sight of a face on the back of Quirrell's head. "What no comment on how I went to deal with the Potters on your news about the Prophecy only to turn into THIS," the face said in a voice that had haunted the Potion Master's dream for years which had always been slightly more menacing than his normal voice.

"Tom?" Severus asked feeling his knees go weak.

"I AM LORD VOLDEMORT!" the voice cried out at him.

"There was no Prophecy," Severus said steeling himself.

"Don't make excuses Severus it is hardly befitting a man of your station." the face cried out making Quirrell flinch.

"I am not making an excuse or lying Tom I just found out tonight it seems when I went to gather some Potion ingredients in the Forbidden Forest during my time to track Dumbles if he left Hogwarts, the fool caught me by surprise and stunned me. It seems he planted a memory into me about having overheard his meeting with Trelawney and her giving the Prophecy of your defeat. I mean you have been here all year you can not tell me you did not go meet with her yourself and saw how much of a fraud she is?" Severus asked.

"I had, but suspected that like most Seers the gift came out randomly," the voice said sounding just like Tom had done before he went into the interview with Albus all those years ago.

"Yes, randomly but a true Seer can't help themselves from giving a Prophecy at least once a year even if it is over something a simple as a meeting of two strangers who would fall in love. In all the time I have been here her "Prophecy" all seem to focus on a student in her classes horrible death by some unknown means. If they were real she would know the means and share it with the rest of the staff. And finally do you not recall James giving birth?"

"Yes it was a surprisingly chill May morni... oh Gods," Tom said as he forced Quirrell's arms to bend awkwardly as he grabs at his head.

"Yes even if such a Prophecy happened Harrison was not born in the right month but also his parents never went against you multiple times unless the few times Regulus voted against you in the Wizengamont sessions," Severus said watching at the strange two-faced man fall to his knees as if in pain.

"I need... I need...... Severus, I need help now," Tom said sharply his face wincing in pain as it looked like Quirrell's body began to reject him.

"What can I do Tom?" Severus asked.

"Golem creation spell," Tom choked out as Quirrell fell to the floor as Tom looked like his face was being pushed away from the inside of the body. Knowing he did not have enough time to create a full-sized Golem Severus started to work as fast as possible getting a Golem that was about the size of a child's stuffed bear before Tom was expelled from Quirrell who gave one last gasp as he died. Having no time to try to save him Severus started to perform a ritual before a spark of memory with Harrison from earlier came to mind about Magic is all about intent as he let his wand hand lower and thought about what he really needed at the moment as his magic reacted to his will and help guide Tom's spirit into the small Golem. "Well this is not what I was expecting but it will do for now Severus, we must come up with a way for me to get my body back," the Golem Tom said in a slightly high pitched voice as he rolled his new arms and stomped his feet getting used to his new body.

"As well as your mind," Severus thought to himself before saying aloud "Yes Tom. I know it will be a little undignified but I fear that I must carry you we can't let anyone see you walked around the halls and reporting to Albus.'

"Very well but be quick about finding me a new body," Tom said waving a tiny arm threateningly at him that almost caused Severus to crack a smile. Severus bent down and thankful for the magically expanded robes he used when collecting Potion ingredients slipped the teddy-bear-sized Golem easily into a pocket and left the room. The Potion Master wondering if Sirius had done what he had wanted after sharing the letter returned to the Hospital Wing. He smiled to himself as he saw Black had taken care of it as there were now three other students in the wing looking a little startled and trying to stay awake but seeming to be happy to help. Besides Marcus, there was Ravenclaw Fifth-Year named Biggs, a Hufflepuff Fourth-Year named Wedge, and of course one of Ronald's older brothers, Percy from Gryffindor.

 

"Ah Severus just in time I need any gene sharing potions you have on hand if this is to work," Madam Pomfrey said as she saw him enter the wing.

"I only have two at the moment but I will assign it as a class for my Seventh-Years if you need more," Severus said pulling out his Potion's bag from another large pocket in his robes and summoning the requested potions.

"Better make some more just in case," Madam Pomfrey said looking over some notes she had found in her office on dealing with the Pied Piper spell. Looking over her shoulder at it Severus pressed his tongue between his teeth seeing how old the text was and that some of the instructions were based on techniques that have long been out of practice.

"Maybe some more help would be needed," he said stroking his chin.

"I would not turn down more help, who do you have in mind I know that you are friends with a few Healers but I can't think any who could be useful," the Matron said.

"I was actually thinking of Cuthbert," Severus said making the students look at him as if he was mad not seeing how the ghost teacher could help whatever they were trying to make.

"That could work," Pomfrey said snapping her fingers as she wordlessly summoned a blank bit of parchment and a quill to write a note which after another snap of her fingers was sent directly to the office of Professor Cuthbert Binns. As they waited for the ghost Professor, Severus left the Matron alone and went to check on Harrison. He found no change to his Godson who still looked as if asleep in bed with Sirius holding his hand while dozing in a chair next to the bed. Severus looked at the nephew and uncle for a moment seeing traces of his old friend Regulus in both their features. He still could not believe that he was coming to like Sirius whose time in Azkaban finally forced the man to grow up a little making him more responsible and less of a bully that Severus recalled from his school days. Thinking that the position that Sirius was in if he slept in it for too long would cause some pain for the other when he woke back up Severus changed the small spindly chair into a recliner and shifted it so that it was more prone. He was just brushing the hair out of the other man's eyes when Binns showed up.

"You called for me Poppy?" he asked startling the students in the wing when he did not use the same monotone voice that could cause a class to fall asleep in moments.

"Ah yes thanks for coming Cuthbert I was wondering if you had any knowledge about ways to share immunity to a Pied Piper spell," Pomfrey said making the ghost lift an eyebrow.

"I know of a few let me see if the ones you appear to be poring over is one that I know," Binns said floating forward and taking a look at the parchment she had been working over. "Tsk tsk this will not do at all," Binns said shaking his head.

"Did I do a step wrong?" Pomfrey asked horrified as she looked between her notes and what she had done so far.

"No I mean this will not work at all this has been altered and in the last fifty years or so if I am not mistaken," Binns said waving at the parchment. "Now let me see I may be able to get it true form back," he said concentrating on the parchment as everyone still up watched. After a moment everyone gasped as the words on the parchment seemed to bleed and come alive. Even Tom, who was peeking out of Severus's pocket, was amazed for he knew that to become a ghost one had to have been both magical and have unfinished business left on Earth but even he had never heard of a ghost who could perform magic after death which spoke of how powerful Binns had been when he had been alive. "Oh dear, I fear this document has a stronger enchantment than I realized," Binns said after a moment as the parchment returned to its original form while Binns' ghostly visage began to flicker like a candle about to go out. When it all looked like it was over Binns flicked for another few seconds before returning to normal as he removed a ghostly handkerchief from his breast pocket and dabbed at his brow. "Now it is better," the ghost said his voice seeming to be gasping for breath "just do it and you shall have an immunity blend ready by mid-morning."

Chapter 15: Get Better Bear

Summary:

Tom learns about and has his first interaction with Harrison.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

As Binns, Pomfrey and Snape began to work on the Pied Piper Immunity for not only students but maybe some of the staff as well it was decided that Harrison and the other students should be sent back to their rooms so it would not draw the Headmaster's attention to their work. Sirius carried his nephew not back to the dorms but rather to Severus's rooms so his Magical exhaustion would not become more widely known than it was now. Sirius was able to get the boy to the room he had been using as he stayed with Severus tucking the boy into bed before going into the Slytherin dorms, with the help of Marcus to let Harrison's friends know an edited version of what had happened to him.

 

It was well after one in the morning when Severus finally arrived back at his rooms to find Sirius sleeping on the couch in the main room so he decided to check in on Harrison. As he looked on the boy he felt something move making him recall that the Golem of Tom was still in his pocket having forgotten about him while he and the others worked on the immunity for the vaccine on the Pied Piper. Now that he thought about it he Severus knew he needed to figure out what to do with the Golem since Sirius was living with him he could not really just let Tom wonder around and he had a feeling that Tom would not approve of pretending to be an inanimate object while Sirius stayed in the rooms. Though he could probably get the school board to put Sirius in the job opening since Quirrell was now dead which would get him out of his room.

"I can't believe how strong the boy is," Tom said interrupting Severus's thoughts as he peeked out of the pocket he had been in.

"Yes he might be strong for one so young but the life he has lead," Severus said as he pulled Tom out of his pocket taking the seat that Sirius had placed by the boy's bed. As he spent the hour watching over Harrison, Severus told Tom about the boy's life about how thanks to Dumbles he had been sent to live with Lily's sister who had done her best to stop his magic from manifesting and how it had been his first visit to Gringotts which had changed not only his normal life but life at home. As Tom balled his hands into fists Severus bit his bottom lip, at the gesture being done by the Golem that resembled a Muggle Teddy bear, to stop himself from laughing at his old friend. "It did get better Tom as when he came back from the bank Lily's brother-in-law learned the truth was horrified even going as far as divorcing his wife for the sake of Harrison and his own son to get them away from her. The pair even joined Harrison in his prep lessons with me and Lupin and the man gave me the full story about how he had once met James who not familiar with Muggle protocol accidentally insulted him and Lily's sister used it to inform him that all people in the Magical world considered normal humans as less than animals. But even still he had not been aware that while he was at work she would treat what they had been told was their nephew the same way. 

 

"Well at least she is out of his life," Tom said as he walked over to the bed Harrison was tucked into and gently brushed some hair out of the boy's eyes,

"Unfortunately she is not I received a letter from Vernon shortly after the term began to inform me that Petunia, Lily's sister, had moved in with a neighbor named Mrs. Figg. And while neither woman seems to like each other since Figg is actually one of Dumble's agents it seems they are staying together to be around to make Harrison's life hard during his time back at Vernon's home," Severus said.

"Wait if Sirius is Harrison's uncle why doesn't he move in with him?" Tom asked sitting down on the edge of the bed beside the sleeping boy and absentmindedly brushing Harrison's hair away from his eyes.

"Well Sirius offered but Harrison did not want to leave his "Uncle" Vernon since he had come to like the man during the time before he came to Hogwarts," Severus said trying to hold back a yawn but not fooling Tom.

"Alright you had a tough night and used a bit of magic yourself with creating this Golem, as well as the immunity, go to bed I shall watch the boy," Tom said standing up and making motions to usher Severus out of the room. Severus did not fight it as by now Harrison was just sleeping normally rather than recovering his reserves of magic.

"Alright come get me if there is a problem and watch out for Sirius I don't know how he would react to find out that Lord Voldemort, even if he looks like a Teddy Bear is watching over his nephew," Severus said with another yawn as he left the room and closing the door.

 

Tom could not help but feel for the boy sleeping before him having to live the life he had been forced to live at the Wool's Orphanage in his youth not to mention that according to Severus the boy could also speak to snakes which as he knew to lead to some discrimination. He was glad that in his current form not only did not have to sleep but unknowingly it had hampered the spells that Albus had him under ever since he had applied for the teaching job all those years ago. So for the first time in years, Tom was able to feel remorse for what had to do. "I am so sorry for killing James and Lily," Tom said wiping the hair from the boy's eyes again. This time the boy responded as he rolled over in his sleep bringing a small smile to Tom's mouth feeling a small connection to the boy.

 

During the night Harrison actually woke up for a moment as he looked around the strange room he was in that was neither his room back home nor his dorm room but as he was looking around his eyes laid on a teddy bear sitting on the edge of his bed. Harrison had to stop himself from crying out seeing the stuffed animal as he recalled Vernon any time Dudley had gotten really sick in his youth would buy him a "Get Better Bear" to help comfort him and while he had also gotten Harrison them as well they had been taken and thrown into the fire by Petunia to make him out to be disturbed to Vernon. Harrison did not know how either Uncle Siri or Severus learned of this, but it made him really happy as he reached over and pulled the bear to his chest and snuggled up with it.

 

It took all of Tom's willpower not to make a noise as he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist before he was pulled into Harrison's chest. He did not want to frighten the boy having heard what had caused him to collapse so he just let Harrison snuggle him to his chest for the moment. To Tom's surprise, he felt Harrison's body began to shake as if he began to cry tears of joy for getting his first-ever "Get Better Bear" making Tom worry that something was wrong so he decided to talk to Harrison pretending to be a snake that was in the room. "What is the problem two legs?" Tom asked in Parseltongue.

"What who is there?" Harrison asked unknowingly slipping into Parseltongue as well to respond back.

"I was just wondering around this cool room when I heard you cry two legs what is the problem?" Tom asked in a gentle voices

"There is nothing really wrong I am actually very happy," Harrison said as he wrapped his arms a little tighter around Tom.

"If you are happy what causes you to leak from your eyes?" Tom asked making a guess since he could not see the young man's face.

"My family gave me a Get Better Bear," Harrison said actually producing a happy giggle as he buried his face in the top of Tom's head.

"A Get Better Bear?" Tom hissed at him.

"A practice from my Uncle Vernon where anytime we got really sick and had to go to the Hospital he would give us a stuffed bear for comfort as we got better. My uncles got me my first one," Harrison said lifting Tom from his chest and holding the Golem up as if to show him off.

"Ah that makes sense maybe we will talk again good night young two legs," Tom said with a sad smile on his face.

"Thank you I hope you have a good night as well," Harrison said turning to lay on his side as he tucked the bear to his chest rubbing his face into its soft fur as he fell asleep.

 

Hearing Harrison's snores Tom was tempted to get away and he might have done so if he had not just heard about the Get Better Bear he did not want to disappoint the boy. So he let himself be used as a teddy bear as the boy sleep until morning then allowed Harrison to carry him out to the combined sitting and dining area of Severus rooms. Severus nearly choked on his morning coffee as he watched Harrison actually skip into the room carrying Tom by one hand. Harrison rushed over and gave first him and then Sirius a hug. "Thanks for getting me a Get Better Bear," Harrison said giving them both a large beaming smile as Sirius looked confused up at Severus who was so shocked by this turn of events he literally was frozen in place cup halfway to his mouth.

"Um you are welcome Harrison," Severus said coming out of his surprise. "But I think it will need to stay here while you go to your lessons today."

"Alright Uncle Sev," Harrison said unable to stop smiling as he sat down at the table for breakfast so he could keep the bear a little long. The thought that Tom was really going to kill him for this passed quickly through his mind as he watched Harrison eat his breakfast with the Golem that contained his bearers killer's Soul on his lap. Finding it almost impossible to look away as Harrison happily kicked his feet under the table being more open than the Potion Master had ever seen him.

 

When Harrison finished his breakfast he got out of his seat and placed the bear onto one of the wing-back chairs in the main sitting area giving it a small kiss before he left the room. "Good idea on getting him that bear Sev I don't think I have ever seen him so happy ever after his duel with young Weasley," Sirius said smiling at the other man a little surprise that Severus had had it in him.

"Unfortunately, I did not get it for him I have it for an experimenter I am working on and must have left it in your room last night when I got back and was so tired I forgot about it," Severus lied.

"Well it does not matter you saw how attached Harrison is to it get another bear," Sirius said sounding as if he would lay the smackdown on the Potion Master if he got rid of Harrison's good mood that the bear had caused.

"I can't I created the bear in a specific way that makes it the only thing I can use in my experiment but I plan on making an exact copy of it to give to Harrison without the extras I need," Severus lied again as he went over to the bear, to Sirius's shock, gently picked it up and carried it out of the room.

 

Once he was out of Sirius's line of sight Severus actually run to his room before placing Tom on the bed and getting on his hands and knees in apology for what had just happened. "I am so sorry Tom I did not even think of what Harrison would do when he saw you," Severus said speaking to the floor.

"It was alright Severus I should have thought of it myself and I could have left after he fell asleep holding me but hearing his story I decided to offer him comfort through the night,' Tom said waving away the apology. "Now you better create a copy of this Golem before Black comes around to check what is taking so long."

"Your right," Severus said as he quickly creates another teddy bear Golem and goes to put it where Harrison had left Tom.

"Oh Sev you just missed McGonagall she came by with a message for you," Sirius said as the pair nearly collided when Severus reentered the sitting/dining room.

"Well?" Severus said as he tried to put the new Golem exactly how Harrison left it.

"It seems that when Quirrell did not show up for breakfast someone was sent to find him. Sev I am sorry to tell you this but the man is dead and by Dumbles recognizing by some evil curse or something so until the Goblins can get here to work on the wards around lunchtime classes have been canceled so I expect Harrison will be back shortly for his bear. Is that the new one?" Sirius asked as he watched Severus place the bear onto the chair.

"Yes, it is," Severus said as he straightens up just as there is a knock at his door. "That is probable him now," Severus said as he goes to answer the door. He barely opens the door before Harrison is in the room making a beeline to the bear and pulling it into a hug with a beaming smile. Almost instantly the smile slides off his mouth as he feels something off about the bear. "Everything alright Harrison?" Severus asked seeing the expression on his face.

"It doesn't feel right for some reason," Harrison said hugging the bear as tightly as he could but not feeling the same warmth in it that he had felt in it previously. Sirius and Severus share a look as the Potions Master really has no idea what to do here he wanted his Godson to be happy but he knew Tom would not want to be the boy's teddy bear until he could get a human body back.

 

As he bit his lip wondering what to do or even say Sirius spoke up. "Well, Harrison that is not the same bear you had from earlier it seems that last night when he went to go check on you Sev brought in a bear he is using in some of his work and had accidentally left it in your room."

"So I got a Get Better Bear by accident," Harrison said as the two men wince seeing tears come to his eyes.

"I am sorry Harrison," Severus said spurred into motion as he kneels down and pulls the boy into a tight hug.

"S'okay," Harrison said a little sad but not wanting to make too much of a fuss about everything. Seeing it really broke Severus's heart.

"I will try to get the work done with the bear finished as soon as possible so you can have it back, alright?" Severus asked and could not help but smile as Harrison beamed at him as he wiped away his tears and Sirius gave him an approving nod.

 

Severus could not figure out why he made such a promise as he went back into his room leaving Harrison and Sirius under the impression that he was going to do the experiment he had planned for the bear. Entering his bedroom Severus cast a muffling charm so neither would hear him as he banged his head on the door a couple of times.

"Let me guess he knew at once it was not me?" Tom asked.

"Yes," Severus said hanging his head in defeat.

"I think I know why," Tom said making the Potions Masters snap his head up to look at him. I assume you knew my plans for immortality? Well for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to create Horcrux and I think when I went to Godric Hallow I accidentally created one and it lodged in Harrison's body."

"It did the Goblins removed it during his cleansing and have tried numerous times to destroy it but for some reason with it being separated from Harrison made nearly indestructible," Severus broke in.

"Ah that is good," Tom said. "But I do think that because a part of my Soul was in him so long it formed a bond between us so he felt comfortable as he held me. Also, I think I may know a way to get rid of the Horcrux that they have been trying to destroy but I need some help."

"Will this allow you to regain your body?" Severus asked.

"I think so and it might actually reset it as well," Tom said nearly making Severus laugh as he saw Tom stroke his chin in thought.

"What do you need?" Severus asked.

"I need a wand, a potion, and a lift to a special room in the castle," Tom said "Good thing you are the Potions Master."

Severus had been shocked at the complex Potion Tom had asked for but he managed to finished it and put it into a bottle a little over an hour and a half before lunch and the Goblins arrived to reset the school's wards. The reason Tom had made Severus worked so fast is that he thought that his plan might not succeed if the Goblins had fixed the wards. Severus rushed to the Room of Requirement where, guided by Tom's sense of a part of his Soul, found an old half rusted diadem. Tom made Severus use his wand to create a complex rune design on the floor as Tom set the diadem inside the circle before him as he drunk the Potion. Severus who was used to powerful spells and rituals that both Tom and Dumbledore would sometimes perform watched in shock as the diadem began to glow brightly for a moment before it broke in half as a gray orb came out and began to circle around Tom's form.

 

Tom began to chant in a language even Severus did not know as more orbs began to appear around him circling his head as if it was the center point in a solar system. The Potions Master felt the pressure of the magic in the room start to climb in power as one after another the six orbs* entered his body. When the last orb entered Tom threw his head back and screamed as a wave of magic caused several shelves and towering piles of junk to collapse around them. The Golem containing Tom's soul began to glow like a noonday sun causing Severus to look away and block his eyes lest he goes blind. This only lasted a few moments before he heard another cry of pain and looked back to find the teddy bear Golem gone in its place as a human. As Tom got unsteady to his feet, Severus cast a spell to put some clothes on the other man.

"Well that was more painful than I thought," Tom said and to both his and Severus's shock his voice cracked. Going around to Tom's front Severus gasp in shock for the person in front of him was no longer the man he knew but appeared to be the age of a student at the school Scratching his head and wondering what would have caused Tom to get his body back but have it be younger he suddenly noticed the time. It was ten minutes past noon meaning the Goblins had arrived and had started to work on the wards which had possibly messed up Tom's ritual giving him the body that looked like it belonged to a Third, Fourth, or possibly Fifth-Year student.

Notes:

* in my mind he created the Horcrux that was placed in Nagini happened after he had failed to get the stone which is why there are only six orbs

Chapter 16: New family and Milkshakes

Summary:

Tom pretends to be a member of the Prince line to keep an eye on Dumbles. As well as protect Harrison so he does not suffer the same fate at the old bastard's hands.

Chapter Text

"Well this certainly changes things," Severus said after a moment of looking at his old friend who now looked like he did in the old photos he had seen of Tom's time at Hogwarts.

"You think?" Tom asked voice dripping in sarcasm.

"Hey don't blame me I followed your orders to the letter if I hazard a guess I would say the ritual had a strange reaction to the Goblins resetting the castle's wards," Severus said holding up his hands in mock surrender to the now younger man. "But hey think on the bright side without meaning to you have given yourself the perfect disguise to work around Dumbles."

"There is that but it seems we might need another Potion to pull this off as well as my sudden appearance here," Tom said stroking his chin as he began to pace before the Potions Master.

"What Potion do you need?" Severus asked knowing whatever it was he would be asked to either make or supply it.

"A Potion for Blood Adoption and if we work quickly enough we can have the Goblins oversee it making it perfectly legal," Tom said smacking his left fist into his right palm with a gesture so familiar Severus began to obey without any more questions as he ran out of the room to see if he could catch one of the Goblins before they all left.

 

Once he was gone Tom looked around the room looking for something having a feeling that when he had left the Diadem here he had stashed something else as well. After a few minutes of searching, he had found it, his original wand. Unlike the wand he had been using while the world knew him as Lord Voldemort this wand was actually his. With all the enchantments on him cleansed from his system thanks to the reforming of his Soul Tom could now recall Albus using some sort of long-lasting mental commands in his head during his last year at Hogwarts leading him to develop the Horcruxes, but thankfully nothing else. It was only when Tom had come to ask for a job at Hogwarts when the old bastard had placed an overriding spell onto him turning him into Voldemort leading to so much death and destruction it turned Tom's stomach. He could recall after the meeting dropping off the Diadem in this room he used some of the last bit of his own control to leave his wand behind as well since the bastard had given him a new wand to use under the commands that made him think it was his own.

 

Unlike the thirteen and a half inches Yew wand with the Phoenix feather core Tom's real wand was only ten inches long Pear wand containing a core of a scale from a dragon which the Wandmaker had informed him meant he was intelligent, benevolent, and would go to any lengths to protect those they cared about. Feeling the warmth from his old wand Tom brought it to his chest and just held it for a bit letting it get to know him again before he cast a summoning charm on the replacement "Get Better Bear." He knew that Harrison would not find the replacement to suit him, but he felt with just a touch it might go a little smoother. Waving his wand over the light brown teddy bear Tom began to cast a spell that he had heard about from some of his classmates from when he originally attended Hogwarts. It was a spell that many Magical parents performed as they put a touch of their own magic into an item to help calm kids down. Tom could only smile sadly as both he and Harrison had missed out on this bit of the Magical world due to their time growing up.

 

The good thing he found as he performed the spell was despite how he looked he had full access to his mature core. This coupled with his full memory meant that if he was to stay at Hogwarts he would not have to worry about classes having been one of the best students of his year he could easily pull this off. He had a feeling some of his old friends might find what he was considering a little weird but as Severus had pointed out he had the perfect disguise to work around Dumbles and he planned on using it not only for his sake but young Harrison's as well. There was no other reason he could figure out what the bastard had picked this year as the time to "guard" the stone with such laughable defenses that Tom was sure a first year such as Harrison would have no issue getting past than Dumbles having some plans for the boy. Having been on the side of the man's plans he was not about to let Harrison get taken down that road as well, though from what Severus had told him it seems the boy had done pretty well on his own at keeping out from under the Headmaster's thumb.

 

As Tom finished placing an aura of his magic around the Get Better Bear Severus returned with both the potion and a slightly bemused Goblin. "Ah Tom I did as you ask here is the Potion as well as Master Griphook the account manager for Harrison's family," Severus said giving Tom a slight bow.

"Good," Tom said with a smile as he bowed low exposing his neck to the Goblin who lifted an eyebrow in surprise. "Master Griphook I have heard you helped Harrison get free of some enchantments cast on him as well as using that information to start a case against Dumbles?" Tom asked.

"That is correct," the Goblin said eyeing Tom up.

"While I may no longer look it I am Tom Marvolo Riddle and would even be willing to do any test you wish to prove it," Tom said. "I would like to aid you against Dumbles by staying in this form and gathering evidence against the man as well as offer protection for your client." To say Griphook was shocked would be an understatement as he watches the Wizard actually lower himself to the floor and bow to him after finishing his request.

"I shall take you up on that offer young man," Griphook said after a moment of stunned silence as with a snap of his gnarled fingers summoned the tools in which to perform an Inheritance Test to prove the Wizard was who he stated he was.

 

Tom Marvolo Riddle Jr.

Parents:

  • Merope Morgana Riddle nee Gaunt (Bearer) Deceased
  • Tom Marvolo Riddle Sr (Sire ) Deceased

Godparents:

  • None

Lord/Heir:

  • Lord Slytherin (Lost through the right of Conquest)
  • Lord Gaunt (Lost through the right of Congest)
  • le Fey (Never claimed)

Vaults:

  • le Fey Trust Vault
  • le Fay Main Vault
  • le Fay Secondary Vault

Magical Spells:

  • Horcruxed soul (Repaired)
  • Long term Pied Piper Spell (Cleansed)
  • Countless Memory Charms (Cleansed)
  • Shifted Magical Core from a Light Core to a Dark Core (Cleansed)
  • Madness Jinx (Cleansed)
  • Hatred geared to Light Magic Cores, Muggles, Self, Friends/Followers James Potter (Cleansed)
  • Magical Leech 15% (Broken)
  • Connection to Harrison Orion Potter-Black
  • Body de-aging (appearance of fourteen years of age)

All three males were astonished at the results of Tom's test, but none more than Tom who had a memory of getting an Inheritance test before his sixth year but having no recollection of holding the le Fay title. "Um, Master Griphook how did I get the Lordship for the Noble and Powerful House of le Fay?" he asked.

"Well," Griphook said scratching his head in thought "if I can recall the stipulations to gain that title one had to act against a member of Emrys's line while not under their own control."

"Which I did when I killed James and Lily," Tom said with a hint of sadness in his voice for one of his old friends.

"Indeed now while you have the title of le Fay I can only grant it to you at the bank so I would suggest that you make your way there as quickly as possible," the Goblin said with a toothy grin making Tom wonder if he expected to become Tom's account manager as well. "Now surely this test was not the only thing you wished me to come here for."

"That is correct as Severus pointed out in my current form I have the perfect way to work around Dumbles without him being aware of me but to do that I think I might have to undergo a Blood Adoption ritual to hide who I truly am."

"I see and you wish it to be done with Lord Prince here?" Griphook asked making Severus start having not really considered this despite being asked to get the potion.

"Well I don't think me becoming his son will be feasible I was wondering if we can alter the Ritual just enough for me to be considered like a nephew, lost cousin, or something?"

"That may be possible you would just need to sort of water down the Potion before you drank it,' Griphook said stroking his chin again.

"Are you alright with me doing this Severus?" Tom asked knowing it would all fall to the now older male.

"If it is to protect both you and Harrison from the old fool and his eventual downfall I am willing to try," Severus said after a moment of thought. "It would also explain the Get Better Bear as a part of my work if I was using it to bring a relative out of a magical coma."

"Speaking of that I believe Harrison can take this one now," Tom said indicating the duplicate bear from which the Potion Master could feel Tom's magic emanating.

 

After the ritual was performed Griphook performed another Inheritance Test which stated that Tom was now Tom Prince a third cousin of Severus from his father's side thus if Dumbledore checked he would hopefully not put it together since Tom's birth father had been a Muggle. After the ritual, the only real change that happened to To had been his nose had gotten a little pointer and his eyes had shifted from having a red outer line in them to being just plain black. Seeing that lunch was nearly over and that classes were meant to resume since the Goblins had reset and repaired the castle's wards Severus lead Tom down to the Great Hall as Tom made his face take on a look of wonder at the castle.

 

Arriving at the Great Hall Griphook went to Dumbles to inform him that he and his people were done with the wards and would return a week before the next school year to make sure everything stayed the same. "Who is the boy Severus?' Madam Pomfrey asked while Albus got the bill for the work on the wards.

"Ah this is a cousin of mine," Severus said in a carrying voice so the rest of the table would hear. "A few nights ago he arrived through a bout of Wild Magic. It seems that during the night his home caught on fire killing both his parents. Young Tom panicked and without meaning to Apparated right into my Potions Lab and has been in a coma ever since," Severus said gaining the boy some sympathetic looks. "I had finally able to bring him out of his the Magical Coma just a while ago and as his only living relative I would like to enroll him into Hogwarts."

"I am sure that can be taken care of Severus," Filius said giving the young man a sad smile. "Now where have you been until now young man?"

"I was taught by my father, Gregson Prince in most subjects while my mother taught me about the Muggle world," Tom lied thinking it would help explain how he was familiar with Muggle things.

"Ah I see," the half-Goblin said as he took out his wand and summoned the Sorting Hat. "In this school, you will end up in the House of Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin or Gryffindor. To see where you will go all you need to do is to put this hat on and due to your previous learning it will also state which year you are to be placed in," Professor Flitwick said as the Hal fell to silence to watch the diminutive Charms Master place the hat on Tom's head.

 

"Ah welcome back Tom Riddle or shall I say, Prince. I see you have made up your mind I really hope you know what you are getting into," the Hat said with an actual chuckle before it called out " SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR." Taking off the Hat, Tom headed to the table even though there was hardly any applause making several guesses that he knew the house because of his relationship with Snape. Tom took a seat a little distance down from Harrison as he caught the boy's eyes making the first year blush a little before turning back to his friends.

 

"So what were you saying Draco?" Harrison asked in an overly casual tone to his cousin unable to shake the feeling of familiarity with the new boy.

"Well I got a letter from home and it seems that my mother had been summoned to St. Mungos to deal with that Gyrffindork girl where she agreed to foster their younger sibling. She tells me she plans on seeing if she can legally adopt them due to the charges of child abuse from their parents," Draco said wondering why his mother was not talking about the younger person's gender.

"That sounds like you will finally get your wish of a sibling," Blaise said as he threw an arm around his shorter friend.

"Yeah sounds like it though this Jo is just a foster kid for the moment," Draco stated.

 

Meanwhile, at the top table, Sirius had turned to Severus to ask if Tom being in the coma was the reason for the teddy bear. "Yes, it was I hoped a reminder of his childhood filled with a bit of his mother's magic would help get him," Severus said as he began to eat his lunch.

"So Harrison can have the bear back again?' Sirius asked.

"I am afraid not during the procedure the original bear was destroyed, however," Severus said stopping the other from interrupting "as I believe Harrison was acting on Tom's family magic he agreed to put some of it on the secondary bear to see if Harrison would respond to that as well. I plan on giving him it tonight as well as properly introduce Tom to both him and Draco."

"Well I hope Harrison take to it seeing him with the bear reminds me of him as a baby," Sirius said with a wistful voice.

"So any word on what Albus plans to do with the Defense Class?" Severus asked.

"I think he is waiting on the board's decision for possible replacements why?" Sirius asked.

"Well I was thinking since you had nowhere else to go and as a former Auror you could teach the class," Severus said doing his best not to blush a little.

 

Before Sirius could respond Madam Pomfrey stood up clapping her hands to get everyone's attention, "I know I am not one to make announcements during meals but hearing what happened last night I feel that we all need a way to relax after what happened with young Shelby so along with most of the Heads of House as well as the Hogwarts House Elves I am offering this special treat," the matron said as Albus and Minerva gave her confused looks. "A while back I had a student mention something about a Muggle treat known as a Milkshake and after looking it over decided it would make a nice gift for you all. Now it comes in multiple flavors such as Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Mint. No Pumpkin I am sorry so all you have to do is request favor and the Elves will make it for you," she said hiding a smile for she had found adding the Pied Piper cure and blocker could be added to a Milkshake without either changing the taste of the drink or nullifying the effects of the Potion.

There was some silence for a bit before Harrison, and the other students who had shown immunity and were thus involved with the plan to pass the cure to the students ordered their drinks. As the people at the tables saw the Muggle confection they began to order it themselves making the staff smile knowing that they were now protected if Albus tried to use Pied Pier on them. The staff started to order their own milkshakes as much to Severus's slight annoyance Sirius fell in love with it ordering a second one after downing the first in almost a single gulp.

 

"Maybe you should not apply for the job if that is the example you will set for the students," Severus said quietly to him making Sirius stick his tongue out at him. "I would warn you of making face might make them stick but that looks to be an improvement at your normal mug you mutt," Severus said making Sirius' mouth fall open in shock.

"Wait was that a joke?" Sirius asked pinching himself to see if he was dreaming "my nephew seems to be good for you Sev."

"What have I told you about that nickname Black?" Severus said slipping back into a low dangerous tone.

"You told me not to call you it unless I wish to become ingredients for your Potions, but I just don't see that happening," Sirius said as he boldly pats the other man's arm in a gentle and familiar manner making several older students gasp in shock as all the Potions Master did was roll his eyes hiding a hint of a smile at the other.

Chapter 17: Tom return to Slytherin House

Summary:

Tom goes back to the Slytherin Dorms for the first time in almost fifty years.

Chapter Text

As everyone finished their Milkshakes Madam Pomfrey stood back up gathering their attention. "I do hope you all enjoyed your treats but I fear I must inform you that they will not be an everyday item on the menu due to how unhealthy they are, but I think weekends and holidays will be allowed," she said giving them all a smile. There were some such as Ronald who looked disappointed having drunk three full milkshakes leaving foam and cream all around the edges of his mouth. Harrison could not even look at the boy without feeling as if he was about to throw up. Though that did not stop him from sharing a smile with Marcus or catch Percy's eye as they watch their classmates down the cure to the Pied Piper charm of Dumbles.

At the end of the meal, Tom was "shown" where the Slytherins Dorms were located in the school as Harrison was called to Severus's room. Arriving at his Head of House's room Harrison could not help but smile as he saw the Get Better Bear in Severus's hands. "You can have this now Harrison," Severus said holding out the bear hoping that the ritual Tom performed would have Harrison like the bear. With bated breath, Severus saw his Godson take the bear and give it a tight hug letting it out as a smile bloomed on the young boy's face. "Harrison I know that you like the bear but I am worried about how some students would react seeing you with the bear, so if you wish I would like to transform the bear into a necklace or a charm bracelet or something so you can always have it with you." Harrison was thrilled with the idea of handing back the bear asking for it to be changed into a charm bracelet so that any other Get Better Bear he received could be added to it.

 

Back in the dorms Tom once more had a look of wonder on his face as he took in the Slytherin Common Room as if seeing them for the first time while taking in the small differences between the room now than when he had been at Hogwarts last time. He lifted an eyebrow at the snake in the terrarium which was unlike the black adder that had been there last time he was here. Without thinking about it Tom made his way across the room to the red and silver snake and said, "Well hello little one."

"Ah another speaker how wonderful," the snake hissed back at him lifting its head to look at him. "What is your name, Speaker?"

"I am known as Tom Prince and you are?" Tom hissed at the snake raising the eyebrows of his new classmates.

"I am Glycon," the snake said proudly.

"Ah after the ancient Macedonian Snake God such a wonderful name," Tom said with a smile as someone taps his on his shoulder. Turning around he saw many students standing behind the fourth year Marcus Flint. "Um hello?"

"I take it you are a Parselmouth as well?" Marcus asked.

"Oh yes I think the gift came from my paternal grandmother," Tom lied further playing into the lie that his father had been Magical not his mother just in case. "And by that statement, someone else is as well?" he asked looking around at the crowd.

"Oh yes that would be Harrison Potter-Black," Marcus said looking around for the First-Year boy but not spotting him.

"That name sounds familiar I think I recognize it from stories my parents told me," Tom said making his face look as if he was trying to recall something from his youth.

"Well to the wider Magical World he is misnamed Harry Potter and is often given the title of the Boy-Who-Lived though while he is here he is just Harrison," Marcus said with a hint of warning to Tom as if to tell him not to make a big deal of it. Tom had to hide a smile seeing the students in the House of his ancestor being so protective of the boy.

"Don't worry I plan to just go to class and keep my head down," Tom said.

"Speaking of classes," a Seventh_Year Prefect said getting everyone's attention "there has been a slight change it seems that the board has agreed for Lord Black due to his past as an Auror to take over the D.A.D.A class also as the Goblins have finished classes will resume in an hour." Tom was surprised at the polite applause for the announcement of Black taking over the D.A.D.A class knowing the man had been a Gryffindor while he was at school but put it down to his growing relationship with Severus.

 

Harrison spent the hour before his next class with his Godfather and Uncle discussing with them the story that Draco had told about Narcissa trying to adopt Jo Lesky due to how their parents had treated the kid. This was welcome news to Sirius who had witnessed first hand the Genderless preteen being abused by their own parents and after the time he had spent watching his Godson with the Malfoy Heir, he felt that if the boy's parents were anything like the young boy, Jo would be in good hands. Harrison did not really want to leave the time was up since his first-class was to be History of Magic but neither Sev nor Sirius would hear of it sending him on his way.

 

"Hello, class," Professor Binns said shocking everyone at not only talking to them rather than at them but also being in the room before the class even began. "I fear I must apologize for my teaching style so far this year," the ghost man said bowing at the group of Slytherin and Hufflepuff. "I had grown so used to just giving my lectures I had forgotten why I became a teacher in the first place. So rather than today's normal lesson on the thirty-second Goblin civil war, I thought you would like to hear about my actual part in the History of this Great School." The Ghost explained that two generations after Hogwarts had been founded he had been a student at the school and had been sorted into Ravenclaw and had earned a Master in History, Potions, and Healing. "I also was one of the first students in the class to unlock a newly discovered Magical Ability which is well known today of Animagus transformation," he said and to everyone's amazement transformed into a ghost Cobra and hissed at them. The Huffelpuffs looked horrified while Harrison burst out laughing at hearing the History Professor hiss "Ta-da" Binns turned his gaze onto Harrison asking if Harrison was a Parselmouth. Harrison nodded as Professor Binns returned to his normal ghost form smiling at him. Binns then took questions from the class to see if they having trouble with understanding in the class.

"Not to be rude sir," a Hufflepuff that Harrison thought was named Justin Finch-Fletchley said speaking up "how do you grade our homework.

Professor Binns let out a laugh at the question as he answered. "You all know that only Magicals can become Ghost correct?" he asked getting nods. "Well, what some people either tend to forget or not even think about that even dead we can use Magic as I just showed by changing into my Animagus form. So when I grade your work I use a simple levitation charm on both your parchment as well as my quill for marking." He then showed this as he pulled a ghostly wand out of his sleeve and cast a spell to cause the students, who had sat in the front row, notebooks to start flying around the classroom. The class all applauded him just as the bell rang to send them out of the room.

Chapter 18: And the two shall meet

Summary:

Harrison and Tom finally meet in person as Harrison and Draco learn some old family history. Plus some Sev/Siri fluff just for the heck of it.

Chapter Text

That night at supper rather than head to his normal spot at the table Harrison found himself drawn to the open spot next to the new student. Severus had informed him that the bear he had latched onto had been filled with the family magic of the boy making Harrison wonder if that was what was drawing him to the older student. "Well hello there," the Third-Year said as he sat down.

"Um hi," Harrison said fighting an urge to lean into the older student.

"This place is amazing all those moving stairwells," Tom said trying to put him at ease.

"I guess, but I really have no reference to other magical places besides Gringotts," Harrison said as Draco and his friends move over to take the seats by Harrison.

"So you are Professor Snape's nephew or something?" Draco asked beginning to fill both his and Harrison's plates.

"Well actually his cousin," Tom said smiling down at the blonde before noticing the charm bracelet that was now on Harrison's wrist.

"You would never guess it Harrison but you are not the only one who can converse with Glycon," Marcus said from Tom's other side.

"Is that true?" Theo and Blaise asked at the same time. In answer, Tom softly hissed something making Harrison smile.

"Okay share what did he just say?" Draco asked.

"He said his name is Tom M. Prince Jr. and gave me permission to use his first name," Harrison answered.

"So that brings the total of Parsles up to three then," Blaise said amazed that there was more than one Magical at the school with such a rare gift.

"Who is the third?" Tom asked as the other Slytherins around them lean in as well.

"It seems Professor Binns has a Cobra Animagus," Harrison said making the older students' mouths fall open in shock. Tom was doubly amazed having had to suffer for seven years with the Ghost and having no clue.

"How did that come up?" an upper-year named Prucey asked.

"Well it seems that helping Madam Pomfrey," Harrison said catching Marcus's eye "seemed to reignite his love of teaching. So rather than a lesson of Goblin Wars, he told us about his personal history at the school."

"Yeah he told us that he was one of the first students to learn to become an Animagus at Hogwarts," Vincent Crabbe added. "And even changed in the room."

"Well what do you know," Marcus said shaking his head in amazement.

 

"Makes one wonder what other stuff the Ghost here know," Harrison said as all but Tom laugh seeing his face take on the look of wanting to find out answers to some problem.

"Am I missing something?" Tom asked worried about the students were teasing Harrison. Tom found that for some reason he felt rather protective of the boy which he put down to a part of his soul having shared the younger boy's body, or having heard what Harrison had gone through thanks to what Dumbles did to him.

"Oh it is nothing just our little Raven in the Snakepit," Marcus said with a laugh. "Our Harrison might be quiet but if he has an intellectual problem he goes after like someone from Ravenclaw, yet at the same time if a person manages to get him mad he is as bad as a Gryffindor." Marcus finishes his statement reaching around Tom and ruffling the First-Year's hair earning him a nasty look from Harrison.

"He is also as loyal as any Hufflepuff," Draco said from his cousin's other side. "Yet he ended up with us, to their regret and our improvement."

 

Harrison, apart from when Marcus touched his hair, had managed to cut himself away from the conversations deep in thought thinking about the Hogwarts Ghost, only eating when Draco prodded his side. In his mind, this was one of the best parts about finding out he was a Wizard for his Aunt had always discouraged him from asking questions growing up but now he could not only ask them but more often than not get answers no matter how strange the question might seem to everyone else, or in this case fool hearty. Looking down the table he saw the Bloody Baron looking as gaunt and menacing as normal and wondered if he also had some secret about him such as why out of all the Ghost he had wrapped himself in chains or how he could control Peeves. So lost in thought Harrison did not even realize he had started to eat off someone else's plate until a gentle laugh that he had never heard before thus unable to filter outbroke him from his mussing. Seeing that his fork had skewed some of the chicken on Tom's plate Harrison blushed and mutter an apology.

"Don't mention it, Harrison, I can call you Harrison, or do you prefer Heir Potter-Black?" Tom said giving him a soft smile which only deepened Harrison's blush.

"Harrison is fine," Harrison said shocking some of the surrounding students having never seen the quiet boy bond so easily with anyone other than Marcus and his cousin in the House.

"Alright then Harrison it is no problem I can recognize someone deep in thought my father often had that look as we worked together," Tom said putting a touch of sadness in his voice and face at his "dead father." In truth, many of his old friends had told him he got the same way when working out an issue or problem. Harrison smiled shyly up at him making Tom want to imitate Marcus and ruffle the young boy's hair but had seen how Harrison had reacted so stopped himself. "So what were you thinking about?" he asked instead.

"I was just wondering if the other Ghost here have secrets or talents we don't know about and was trying to figure out a way to ask the Bloody Baron," Harrison said.

"Well as my mom used to say you just need to dive right into it," Tom said as to everyone's shock got out of his seat and went to talk to the Slytherin Ghost for a moment.

 

As the desserts arrived Tom came back followed by the foreboding specter of the Bloody Baron, "Young Tom stated you wished to talk to me," the blood-covered Ghost said sliding into place opposite Harrison as others quickly got out of his way.

"Um yes sir," Harrison said at a loss for word now due to how intimidating the Ghost looked at least until Tom placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I do not mean to be rude but we had a class with Binns today and he showed that even as a Ghost a Magical still retained some of their power, and I was just wondering if you had any. I mean other than being a Ghost and all, for you have the chains and you can somehow control  Peeves which no one else can even calm down. And now I am rambling a little," Harrison said a little breathlessly. There was a moment of silence as the people around them looked back and forth between the Bloody Baron and the small first year before much to their surprise the Ghost let out a booming laugh.

"Oh I like you, my boy, would you believe that people are scared of me?" the Bloody Baron asked teasingly gesturing at his blood-stained robes. "But alas my story is a sad one. You see I was the second student sorted into Slytherin House right after Merlin himself you know. My time at school was fine as for the first time we did not have to fear persecution and in fact, I meet the love of my life within these very walls," he said making them all gasp in surprise. "You see while I was at school I fell in love with the daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw herself and shortly after we graduated she gave birth to our son.

 

He was my pride and joy our little Archimedes Black," the Bloody Baron said making both Draco and Harrison gasp in shock.

"You are a member of the Black family?" both boys asked at once.

"Oh yes my dear decedents my real name is Bartholomew Augustus Reginald Black," the Bloody Baron said puffing out his chest. "Now as I was saying my wife, Helena Black-Ravenclaw, and I lived happily for a bit before some strange change seemed to come over her. My Helena always a little headstrong and fiery, stole something from her mother and had fled the country. Rowena asked me to go bring Helena home not caring about the stolen object, so leaving my son with her I followed my wife to the wilds of Albania. To my horror I found her turning over her mother's diadem to a man hidden in shadows, but before I could call out to stop the man noticed me. Casting some spell on my Helena that made it look like she was in a trance he made her attack me." Bartholomew said dropping his face into his hands. "I am sorry to say that while trying to restrain her so as to get her help I accidentally killed her."

"Are you sure it was you maybe it was the other man?" Marcus asked catching Harrison's eye for it sounded like the stranger had used a Pied Piper spell on Helena.

"I am not sure as is just a hazy memory but how else would I have gotten all her blood on me?" Bartholomew asked.

"Well the stranger could have had Siren blood or have cast a Pied Piper spell which could have affected both of you meaning her death is not your fault," Harrison said with such conviction the Ghost took his head from his hands as some chains that had wrapped around him for as long as he had been a ghost began to fade a little.

"Would there be any way to check?" Bartholomew asked.

"I am not sure but maybe if a diagnostic spell was cast by another Ghost it might work on you," Tom said deep in thought. "How soon after you recall Helena dying before you turned into a Ghost?"

"It could not have been more than twenty-four hours," Bartholomew said chewing on his lower lip in thought.

"Might I suggest asking Professor Binns to see if he could see if you have any traces and if Helena is also a Ghost maybe convince her to get checked as well for if she died while under the influence it might still be there," Harrison said.

"I might just do that young Harrison," Bartholomew said. "And as for why Peeves listens to what I have to say I think he is scared of me a little but I also show him respect. As my Grandmother always said show respect get respect, though I translated that a little to a more modern language."

 

After that Bartholomew left them all with much to think about, especially Tom who could recall hearing the other side of the story from Helena herself as the Gray Lady. And having been in Severus's robe pocket in his golem from hearing them talk about Dumbles knowing the Pied Piper spell, a spell that had been banned since before the founding of Hogwarts and would only be passed down within a family.

 

For his part, Harrison was thinking about the wisdom of respect leading to respect and how he had seen it after the first interaction between his Uncles. Thinking about that Harrison looked up at the head table towards the pair. Though both men were finishing their desserts the arm which was closest to the other was under the table making Harrison sure that the pair were holding hands. Harrison hide a smile letting out a small yawn and leaned a little into Tom feeling so comfortable with the older boy's magic that it felt like home.

 

While it was true that Severus and Sirius were holding hands it was more than a sign of their growing relationship as earlier that day while the students were back in class Sirius had left the castle and with some reluctance got in contact with his cousin Narcissa and her husband telling them about Dumbles using the Pied Piper spell on the students during the Samhain/Halloween feast. After convincing them that both Draco and Harrison were alright he brought up Harrison's concern the man might have done the same thing with either selected members or the whole Wizengamot. Lucius had been as horrified as everyone else when Harrison had first voiced the idea. Sirius then told them how to both test for the spell, having used the results Poppy had collected on Severus after Harrison had cleansed him, as well as the cure they had developed. Both Malfoys had decided to run some test on several allies they had in the governing body among the three main parties to see if they had signs of being at some point under the spell and promised to get back to him. Rather than using an owl since the ones used by the Malfoy family were rather recognizable due to them sending a letter a week to Draco and then latter Harrison, after Sirius's trial. The pair had decided to use an old Black family spell used for communication which would send missives between family members that would appear in their dominant hand. Sirius was just glad that he normally sat on Severus's left so that they did not have to change seats so they could use the hand holding as a way to hide the message when it appeared. Not that he had an issue with holding the other man's hand as having seen what a caring man he was rather than the supposed dark magic using Git he had known at school.

 

Sirius also understood now that the greasy look that many people associated with the Potions Master came from the man's long hours toiling over a brewing cauldron. Something he learned as it happened to him during his Auror training and had lead to him wanting to apologize to the man for years, but how did one admit they were an idiot during their youth. But even he was surprised by Severus not only accepting him but also seeming to reciprocate some of the feelings he was developing for the man. When he had met with Lupin a few days ago and had told his oldest living friend about his feeling Lupin had been rather supportive having ground to like Severus company himself during the time the pair had worked together at Harrison's prep lessons.

 

Sirius was broken out of his thoughts as he felt something appear in his hand. Pretending to roll his shoulder to work out a kink that had developed Sirius looked under the table to find some parchment but to his shock, a Black family courtship ring keeping it rolled up. Sirius could not help but blush at his cousin's idea not sure if it was meant as a joke or another message that she thought that he and Severus would go well together. Whatever the reason Sirius quickly removed the ring and pocketed it before the Potions Master could see it before he unrolled the parchment leaning towards Severus so they could both read it together. Both men's hearts fell seeing that after testing at least ten people from all three main parties only one of them had not shown signs of being hit with the Pied Piper spell.

 

It seems Lucius had already come up with a plan to get the cure to the spell to the group as well as send a message to his contacts in the ICW to do their own testing since Dumbles held the position of the Supreme Mugwump in the group. Promising to keep them posted Narcissa did not hesitate to leave a parting shot telling Sirius to go for it. Thankfully when Severus asked about it Sirius had lied saying he had told them about his new job as the D.A.D.A Professor and must had forgotten to let them know he had already decided to take it. Severus seemed to accept the lie as he grabbed Sirius's hand under the table again and gave it a quick squeeze.

Chapter 19: Ghost Stories

Summary:

Harrison continues to talk to the Hogwarts Ghost as Sirius and Lucius Malfoy team up to distribute the cure.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

There was some shocking muttering the next morning from everyone as they witnessed a change to both the Bloody Baron and the Gray Lady. It seems after supper the night before Bartholomew Augustus Reginald Black had gone to see Professor Binns and had a diagnostic spell cast onto him to find traces of the Pied Piper spell. Learning this had caused the chains to start to fade away leaving him with just the ghostly silver bloodstains. Those also vanished as he and Binns went to talk to the Gray Lady getting her checked out as well. Finding evidence that she had also been under the effects of the spell finally broke the lingering traces that had stuck around even in death letting her finally forgive her husband. With that forgiveness, her blood finally cleansed itself from Bartholomew's robes, which also shifted making his attire into elegant black Dress Robes. As for the Lady herself, her ghostly garb changed from its normal gray frock to a robe resembling a wedding dress. To see the pair of ghosts with "new clothing" was enough to raise some eyebrows but seeing them talk and laugh with each other caused even Dumbles to become surprised.

 

Seeing such a change occur with the pair of ghosts, as well as being fascinated by his ancestor's tale Harrison decided he would talk to the other Hogwarts's ghost to find out more about them. As it seems something happened with the Gray Lady already he decided to seek out the Hufflepuff ghost as being the more jovial and approachable of the two remaining House Ghost. Knowing the Ghost named, Fat Friar, tended to stick close to the kitchens Harrison on his free period for the day headed down them accompanied by his friends as well as Tom who it seemed also had some free time and was using it to explore the school, or so he said. The group found the Fat Friar wandering plant-lined corridor hands folded in his ghostly robes and as usual a large smile on his face. Seeing them the smile grew as the ghost removed a hand from his robes to wish them a good day. "Hello there I hope you are all having a wonderful morning," he said though expecting no return comment.

"It has been fine," Tom answered for the group making the Hufflepuff spirit's smile even larger.

"That is good to hear young Tomas, but I shall not keep you are from the tour that you are in the middle of," the Fat Friar said starting to drift past them.

"Actually we were looking for you," Harrison said shocking the ghost.

"Me, my lad whatever for?" the chubby ghost asked surprised not only for being sought out by students, not of his House but by Harrison who he had noticed was a rather introverted child who did not much interaction with anyone besides his small group of friends.

"Well I was wondering if I could ask you some questions," Harrison stated.

"Ah for a class project then," the ghost said everything making sense now.

"Actually no having classes with Binns and talking to my Ancestor I wanted to find out more about the ghost who call Hogwarts their home," Harrison stated.

"Ah so you are the one who got the Baron to loosen up a little very well my lad if you are free I would love to answer any questions you may have for me," the Fat Friar said leading them to a nearby empty classroom. "So what would you like to know?"

 

"Um first of all what is your name for it seems unlikely that your parents decided to call you the "Fat Friar" and I know that some people when they join a cloister take on different names it still seems unlikely that you would choose that name yourself?" Harrison asked shocking the ghost who had never been asked for his real name before even by members of Hufflepuff House.

"You are correct Harrison I did not choose the name myself it was given to me by one of my old friends. In truth my birth name is Jonathan Kevin Peabody though I was mostly called J.K. Peabody until I entered my order," J.K. stated.

"Um sorry to interrupt, but your order?" Draco asked due to the fact that while some in the Magical World still worshiped the old Gods or even Lady Magic herself, there had never been a unified enough "religion" that called for any type of order.

"Ah yes I guess I should mention I was the child of a Muggleborn mother and a full Muggle father, both of which were highly religious. Though thankfully seeing Magic as a gift from God rather than a cursed power from the Dark One, Lucifer. So yes I was brought up studying both religion and magic getting into Hogwarts and a local seminary," J.K. explained. "When I fully took my oath I had chosen the name of Tucker though most just called me Tuck as a somewhat cruel joke due to my tucking into each of our meals. For while my parents loved me and worked for the church we were rather poor so I tended to eat a little more than the others given the chance. It was not until years later that I finally found some friends that did not make me regret my chosen name, though they still only knew me as Tuck."

"Wait Tuck," Tom said recalling a story he had once read at Wool's Orphanage. "Friar Tuck like in the tale of Robin Hood?"

"You are correct young Thomas yes I was Friar Tuck that the story told about, however, the real events were not so pleasant," the normally happy ghost said as his expression was replaced with a deep frown. Yes I was friends with Robin, Jonathan, William, and the Lady Marian but even I was unable to do anything to save them from their fates," Tucker stated lost in thought.

"What really happened to them?" Harrison asked making Tom nod as well while Draco, Blaise, and Theo who had no idea what the three were talking about looked confused.

"Well we had been able to get Robin his land back from Prince John and his nasty underlying the Sheriff but it seems being ousted from their positions caused the Sheriff to take over as the leader of their group. It was a staged attack as the men still loyal to the Sheriff stuck into Locksley Hall while Robin and his new wife were sleeping cutting both their throats. Meanwhile, our dear Mister Scarlet who had been staying at his Uncle's house was also slain though he did take a mighty few with him as he went. This was enough for King Richard to slap the sheriff, his men, and the ousted Prince into irons and though it did not save my friends it was sort of therapeutic in its own way. Then the one the stories called "Little John" also did not last long after the death of Robin coming down with an illness the Untouched at the time could not identify, let alone cure. I do not mean to brag but if I had been allowed to step in I am sure I could have whipped up a potion to cure him before his death," Tucker said whipping a ghostly tear from his eye.

"What about the other Merry Men during all of this?" Harrison asked.

"Well to be honest after King Richard's return and the ousting of Prince John they all returned to their lives so it had been only the five of us left. So with the death of Jonathan, I decided to return to Hogwarts and take on a teaching post for Potions. I did enjoy it though not as much as I would of after what had happened to my friends. It also seems that I would not teach long for suffering from heartbreak at their deaths I myself died within a year."

"Um not to be rude but why did you remain?" Theo asked, "I mean you hardly seemed to have any business you need to take care of or big regrets."

"Oh but I did, my lad for I could have warded Locksley Hall to prevent such an intrusion knowing how vindicated the Sheriff was, especially when I had found out during my time with the Merry Men the man could us magic himself," Tucker stated making both Harrison and Tom's mouths fall open in shock. "Yes the man accosted me in my church and tried to use a compulsion on me, thankfully I was able to throw it off leading to a duel, which sadly to say I lost leading to my imprisonment in a Warded cell, making me unable to break us all out having my wand taken by the man."

 

There was silence after this tale as the group processed the news before Harrison said, "Um Friar Tucker" making the Ghost beam at him for using his real name. "As either your time while you lived or after becoming a ghost do you have any knowledge of a spell known as the Pied Piper Charm?" he asked.

"Not that I am aware of," Friar Tucker said rubbing his chin in thought "though maybe I know it but had never learned the name of such a spell."

"Well the Pied Piper, from what I have been told, is a spell similar to someone with the blood of a Siren using their voice," Harrison said biting his left thumb not wanting to give too much away.

"Oh, you mean like what happened to everyone at the Samhain/Halloween feast?" Tucker asked making Draco, Blaise, and Theo start being unaware that they had been under enchantment at the time.

"What happened at the feast?" Tom asked playing the role of a new student.

"Well our old D.A.D.A teacher came in informing everyone that there was a troll in the dungeons making the Headmaster call for the students to return to their dorms. As we all began to leave the hall, however, not only did our House but Hufflepuff House's students found their legs stuck to the floor," Draco said as Tom noticed Harrison blushed a little as he recalled hearing it had been him who had caused the students to get stuck. "I know it seems strange after hearing where the troll was but we felt the need to return to our dorms until Marcus Flint called our attention to how foolish it was. Are you saying we were under some sort of spell at the time?" Draco asked turning to the Ghost.

"Well you did all react as if you had been listening to a Siren's voice and being unable to stop yourselves from heading into danger," Tucker said.

 

"Wait cousin how do you know about all this?" Draco said as Blaise and Theo turned to Harrison.

"Um as you recall I passed out shortly afterward and when I woke up I overheard Uncle Sirius and Severus talking about it as well as congratulating me for my quick thinking," Harrison said.

"Wait it was you that stuck us to the floor?' Blaise asked in both shock and amazement never having heard of any spell that could do what Harrison had done to all the students.

"Um yes," Harrison said rubbing the back of his neck with a blush. "Professor Flitwick was able to answer my question about magic leading me to a better understanding that I used to protect everyone," he said in a low voice.

"Well thanks, Harrison," Theo said clapping the smaller boy on his back.

 

 

"Actually now that I think about it I have seen other cases of this Pied Piper spell being used," Tucker said having been lost in thought stopping the others thanking Harrison for saving them.

"You have?" Tom asked keeping his hand on Harrison's back from where he had been congratulating the first year himself.

"Yes, it must have been about forty-five or fifty years ago after the death of a student within the castle itself. It seems that the Ministry had gotten involved and looking for the cause of the death but after an interview with the then Transfiguration Professor they dropped the whole thing and left. Which was a little strange due to some saying the girl died from the opening of the Chamber of Secrets," Tucker said making all but Harrison jump.

"What is the Chamber of Secrets," Harrison asked them all.

"Well it is said to be a chamber built by Salazar Slytherin during the formation of the school where some horrible beast lurked waiting to be called upon to rid the school of Muggleborns," Tom said before noticing the shocked faces of Draco, Theo, and Blaise before adding "I read about it in a book."

"Our Houses founder wanted to get rid of Muggleborns?" Harrison asked in shock for yes Hermione was annoying some of the other Muggleborns were decent like his Godmother.

"No that is just a rumor that popped up after the girl died having been a Muggleborn herself," Tucker said going to place a hand on Harrison's shoulder but just making the boy shiver as it passed right through. "While I was here for the attack I would suggest you ask either the Gray Lady or the Baron about the possibilities of the Chamber's existence. And if you wish to learn more about the attack itself I would suggest getting a teacher's permission to go into the first-floor ladies restroom."

"Why?" Draco asked.

"Well that is the location of the victim's ghost has taken as her own," Tucker explained making Tom start a little having never known that the person he had accidentally killed all those years ago had become a ghost.

 

"Maybe we will but we should be heading back to class soon," Theo said noticing the time.

"Very well it has been quite nice chatting with you all," Tucker said giving them all a slight bow.

"You as well Friar Tucker thank you," Harrison said with a full bow to the ghost who once more beamed at them all before heading out of the room with a small whistle coming from his mouth.

 

Harrison and his friends, however, did not get a chance to talk with any more of the ghost that day for even Bartholomew, thanks to his repaired relationship with his wife, had not been at the Slytherin table for either meal that day. Though they did get permission from Professors Flitwick, Snape, and Harrison's uncle to go talk to the ghost of the girl who had died in the attack. With only the stipulation that a female member of staff was to accompany them. Both meals that day were filled with more exciting conversation after more students had classes with the now changed Professor Binns and his changing into the cobra leading to more students start getting to know the Hogwarts' ghost than just Harrison and his friends.

 

As the students chatted at the meal Sirius decided he would need some help if he wanted to give the cure to the Ministry and Wizengamot before the next session. And while it pained him he thought the best bet was Cousin Narcissa's husband. He also felt the need to send a note to Vernon Dursley having been informed by Kreacher that the Black Family Townhouse was livable once again to invite the man and his son over during Christmas/Yule. Sirius knew that as of right now Harrison still wished to return to live with his "Uncle" Vernon and he respected that but if he could reach some agreement so that he could either visit Harrison, or the possibility of Vernon and his son letting him stay with them or moving into one of the Black family holdings he was going to take it. Since he was still free during the day so that he may plan the lessons he had written to Vernon to give the man his address as well as gifting the man with the owl he had used to send the letter that way Vernon could send his owl letters to Harrison without having to wait for Harrison to send him one first.

 

Afterward, Sirius had gone to see Pomfrey getting a copy of the cure to the Pied Piper spell so that he could share it with Lucius Malfoy. That night after the feast he had wished Harrison and Severus goodbye as he Apparated to the gates of Malfoy Manor asking for a meeting with the man. Lucius actually looked startled to be the one Sirius had come to see this time as they sat down in one of the Manor's well-appointed sitting rooms. Sirius who was never one for the opulence of the so-called upper-crust much preferred Severus' small calm sitting area though he did not mention it as he pulled out the parchment from Poppy. "I brought with me the cure to the Pied Piper spell that they have found at Hogwarts," he said passing it over to the man who quickly read it before handing it off to his wife.

"And what you want to make sure we are safe?" Lucius asked still a little confused as to why the formerly falsely imprisoned man had called this meeting.

"Well Madam Pomfrey and several of the staff found that if the cure was added to something called a milkshake as well as other various foodstuffs it could be easily given to people without Dumbles being aware of it. I was thinking that if we worked together we could either endorse or create a start-up company that would pass it around the Ministry," Sirius said throwing his arms behind his head.

"And why exactly do you need my help here you could fund it all yourself, Black?" Lucius asked.

"True," Sirius admitted, "but not everyone would be willing to trust food and drink I endorse or have a hand in making due to my pranks while back at school or say my Magical Core and upbringing."

"Ah so you want my name to attract the members of the Dark Party," Lucius said finally understanding why Sirius had chosen him.

"Well yes after all which is worse being allies with each other, like my nephew is with your son, or letting Dumbles keep influencing everyone. Plus from what I saw when Pomfrey gave the cure at Hogwarts there will be a real niche market for the Milkshakes with even the staff having enjoyed them think of all the money you could make," Sirius said giving both Malfoys a wink.

"Wait you would let me be the one to take the profits from this alone?" Lucius asked in shock raising an eyebrow at the man.

"Why not as you said I don't really need the money and to be honest I have no business sense at all being someone who likes the direct approached. Which as you know has lead to some troubles in my past so yeah you can keep all the money even if this venture goes international," Sirius said knowing that to stop Dumbles at the ICW the plan would have to at some point unless the authorities finally noticed it.

 

"Fine I guess we can work together," Lucius said holding out his hand to shake Sirius's. "Now what do you all have planned for this little venture?"

"Well so far all I got is to stock the place with Milkshakes, muffins, some Muggle drinks knows as cappuccino, and some milk chocolate for the cure to be placed in," Sirius said.

"Come on Cousin tell us the rest," Narcissa said with a knowing smile.

"Alright I also have a name in mind," Sirius said with a small blush.

"Let me guess the Marauders or some other such nonsense," Lucius said leaning back in his chair and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Actually no I was thinking of well Lily's Place. For even if everyone now knows she is not Harrison's mum she did take the curse for him and died a hero," Sirius said.

"I like it," Narcissa said thinking it was a good way to both honor her old friend and get people's attention.

"Well I don't," Lucius stated making Sirius scoff at him.

"What just cause she was a Muggleborn?" Sirius asked hotly at the blonde.

"No it is just a bad name," Lucius said "how about Lily's Legacy for many knew of her love of cooking, that plus with the name being alliteration it would help people remember it better. Also if it is being used to give the cure it does honor her memory and legacy against those who want to rule the world."

"Well I'll be flea dipped," Sirius said feeling gobsmacked by the other man's explanation. "That sounds like a plan," He said shaking the blonde's hand with a genuine smile on his face.

 

Harrison hoped he would be able to talk to another one of the Hogwarts' ghost as he sat down at breakfast the next day for at the moment he only had the Gryffindor Ghost, the girl who was now haunting the bathroom, though he and his friends were working that one, but also a pair of ghost who tended to "haunt" the library a woman dressed as a maid and a young boy. As he finished his meal Harrison thought it would be easy to talk to the maid and boy since he hung out there all the time but as he headed towards the room he saw Peeves zoom by and into an empty classroom. Having forgotten about the poltergeist until now Harrison showed no hesitation as he made to follow the prankster spirit with his curiosity outweighing any fear of the little man.

"Oooooooh! An ickle Firsty! What fun," Peeves said noticing Harrison turning away from the room's blackboard, where he had been writing a naughty limerick when the door closed.

"Hello Mr. Peeves," Harrison said with a bow shocking the man who in his surprise dropped the chalk in his hand and turned upside down.

"Ah trying to fool me with politeness are you well two can play at that game," Peeves said with a chuckle. "How do you do young sir?" Peeves asked in a slow pompous voice.

"I am doing fine Mr. Peeves in fact I was wondering if we could chat," Harrison said walking to a desk and perching on it before the still confused spirit.

"Ah you want me to teach you pranks eh," Peeves said with his normally made smile back in place.

"No sir, I want to know about you," Harrison said once more throwing the poltergeist for a loop.

Notes:

Thanks to Nasuki_14 for the idea of the pop-up store to pass out the cure to the Pied Piper spell. So is born Lily's Legacy the Magical Worlds Answer to Starbucks.

Chapter 20: Parley with a Poltergeist

Summary:

Peeve's story and Sirius's first class.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Harrison saw his request to learn more about the spirit literally throw him for a loop as the Poltergeist spun his form both up and down and around so that when he stops his body was perpendicular to the floor with his face aimed halfway up at the ceiling. "Why does the ickle Firsty want to know about Peeves if you don't want help with Pranks? Peeves asked hardly insulting Harrison at all.

"I just want to find out more about this world and have been finding that the Ghost and Spirits have some interesting tales. Like The Bloody Baron is actually my ancestor and the Friar is Friar Tuck from Robin Hood's Merry Men. I just wanted to know your history Mr. Peeves or is that even your original name?" Harrison asked.

"I don't trust your reasoning, but you have some knowledge since you know the identity of the Baron," Peeves said spinning like a top so that he was floating upside down looking at the young boy.

"Is your real name Peeves or was that some sort of nickname due to your nature of being a Peeve to the students and staff?" Harrison asked again.

"I have no real name, to be honest," Peeve said clicking his tongue against his ghostly teeth deciding to answer at least some questions. "I will make you a deal ickle Firsty I will answer five of your question no more since you have shown me some respect, but by the end of the week I will prank you at some random time," Peeves said.

"I agree to your conditions Mr. Peeves," Harrison said trying to think of the five questions he had not wanting to waste a question by asking if the one about Peeve's name had counted. "Well my ancestor stated he was among the first students who were taught at the school, so how long have you actually been here sir?"

 

"I have been here since the beginning," Peeves said taking off his hat and rubbing the top of his head not giving any more information than that.

"Why were you brought to this school or decided to hang out here?" Harrison asked technically slipping in two questions in one which due to the nature of it Peeves actually approved of.

"I was actually brought in before the Sorting Hat and it was to add some childlike glee to the school. You may have heard that some of the first students were not kids that had been brought in but full adults. The Founders actually created me to help spread child-like pranks and such thinking that it would make the adults make it easier to learn if they were filled with childlike wonder," Peeve said offering up more information due to the sneaky way Harrison asked two questions at once.

"Childlike pranks?" Harrison asked though more aimed at himself than an actual question. "How is it juggling spiders and scorpions in the Great Hall at breakfast a childlike Prank?" he asked as his main question.

 

The question seemed to shock Peeves as he realized that such a thing was less a prank and more akin to a one-stop down from a type of torture. Such a thing was not something that his creators had not meant when they talked about pranking Hogwarts Students. Suddenly a memory came back to the Poltergeist which to his surprise he ended up sharing with the first year. "I think it started shortly after the passing of Rowena Ravenclaw, the last of the Hogwarts four to die. As the Founders brought me into being I was tied to them so with the last of them gone I had latched onto the castle itself. Showing my own feelings at the passing, creating a black fog that hung around the floor I came across three students. They were saying what was needed for everyone to get over Rowena's death something big needed to happen such as a massive prank. Feeling that would work I zoomed over to them seeing if they had any ideas. The one who seemed to be in charge said it should be memorable and suggested I drop a bucket of either blood or empty a chamber pot onto a certain student. Now I am a fan of pranks but that seemed to be going too far when the youngest spoke up saying it would be rather funny. I don't know what happened but the idea suddenly seemed like a good idea.

 

As I think about it I can only think that as I was still had not fully bonded to Hogwarts yet I allowed these students to affect me with their harsh pranks that were less fun and more bullying. Especially as all their pranks were against one student in particular," Peeves said.

"Who were the students?" Harrison asked having a sinking feeling that once again a member of the Headmaster's family had changed the school and not for the better.

"Let's see," Peeves said tapping his lip trying to recall the names of the students from almost a thousand years ago. "Oh yes, the leader of the group was a Seventh-Year boy by the name of Sheev Moriarty, then there was the Sixth-Year James Palpatine. Now, what was the last one's name?  He was only a First-Year making it strange that he was hanging out with them I had first thought. Oh yes, he was Anthony Masters*1," Peeves said making Harrison breathe a sigh of relief that for once that it had not been someone from Dumble's clan who had shifted Peeves away from his original somewhat benign mission.

"I don't think I have ever heard of any of those families in my studies," Harrison said.

Even though it was not a question Peeves decided to go into detail on the students, "From what I recall the two older students were Untouched or Muggleborns while young Antony married into the line of the Dumbledore family."

"Well, that sucks," Harrison said "I thank you for your time Mr. Peeves I shall leave you now.

 

Harrison had his hand on the doorknob to head out when Peeves called him back, "Ah wait just a mo' little Firsty you still have two questions left."

"I have nothing else I need to find out at the moment," Harrison said.

"If you do not use them you will lose them," Peeves said in a sing-song voice doing a small little dance.

"Fine then I ask you not a question but a favor Mr. Peeves," Harrison said "I ask you to go see Professor Binns see if he can fix your bond to the castle and put you back to normal." Harrison left the room with a slight bow to the Poltergeist who was left scratching his head in shock not only for how the student showing him such respect but also offering him a suggestion.

"Well that was just strange," Peeve said just floating above the desk in thought rather than turn back to finish his limerick on the board.

 

Malfoy Manor

 

Ever since Sirius had left the Manor the night before Narcissa had badgered her husband as he tried to write up a business plan for Lily's Legacy. Lucius had finally gotten sick of it as he finally gave in to her. Narcissa could not help but smile as he agreed to disregard Sirius's wish that the money from the place just is for their family. As a compromise Lucius had agreed that at least five percent of proceeds that were brought in would be sent to both Sirius and Harrison's personal vaults. And depending on how well the place brought in he added a provision that if over 1000 Gallons were brought in by the end of the first year of business two percent of future prophets would be put into his own son's personal vaults for later in life. The only reason he had agreed to all this is he was not really sure how well the place would actually do for it was one thing to impress teenagers and teacher while it would be harder for it to make such an impression of the members of the Ministry and Wizengamot.*2

 

Hogwarts

 

Sirius was not sure if he could do this, which surprised him for he had taken down multiple criminals as both a normal law enforcement officer but also an Auror, yet here he was afraid to tackle a class of school kids. Taking a deep breath he turned the doorknob and found that his first class was the Third-Year Slytherin/Gryffindor class. In an instant, he spotted Sev's nephew sitting in the front row. As he had not really taken time to change the D.A.D.A. classroom from how it had been set up from the late Quirrell he had to duck under the hanging skeleton as he headed to his new desk. "Hello everyone in case you missed my name I am Sirius Black and I am going to be your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. And while I do not have an actual teaching degree the board thought that my past job as an Auror could help with your learning. Saying this there may be other teachers coming by every once and a while to check-in. Though that also might have to do with that when I was a student here I was an arrogant Gryffindor bully to some students," Sirius said rubbing the back of his neck with a slight embarrassed looked. "Now can someone tell me what you have done so far this year?" he asked the class.

 

"We were working on shield charm and blasting charms," a redheaded boy said in the third row making Sirius think that it had to be a child of Arthur.*3

"Very well Messer Weasley," Sirius said seeming to shock the student a little. "Alright, I would like you all to pair up, how about one member from each house and practice with the shield charm. No blasting charms though to help me gauge all your skills I would like to see nothing but Flippendo Spells." When no one made a move to get to work he did what the D.A.D.A Professor during his time had done by clapping his hands and calling them to get moving. When that did not work he breathed a sigh before he said, "If you all get to work I will show off my Animagus form and explain how I got it while I was around your age." That did it for the Gryffindors who rushed across the room to grab a random Slytherin so they could see the Grimm form of their new Professor.

 

Fred wanted to make sure he showed off how good a student he was considering how bad this year had been for him and George, so he decided to team up with the new boy thinking he would be behind the rest of the students in the class.

 

Tom was surprised to find one of the Weasleys wanted to pair up with him having heard stories from both Severus and his new classmates how they had once been top dogs in the school to being a laughing stock. If he had to guess the boy thought he would take advantage of Tom being a new student to show off some of his power. Since Tom still had both his memory of all the spells he knew as well as a fully developed core he was willing to take it easy on the boy during their turn before the class.

 

That plan only lasted until the redhead cast his first spell after Tom had created his shield. Rather than the requested Flippendo spell, Black had told the class to use the boy had chosen to use the blasting charm, unknowingly copying his younger brother in the duel with Harrison. There was a gasp from the rest of the class as the redhead cast the spell, but all Tom did was to alter his shield so rather than reflecting the spell back at the redhead the spell fizzled out. "Messer Weasley did you not hear me say Flippendo only?" Black said with a dangerous note in his voice. "Ten points from Gryffindor." Sirius shook his head disappointed at his old house. "Messer Prince that was remarkable spell work, take ten points for Slytherin." There was some gasp from all the students hearing the former Lion take points from his old house as well as give points to the new snake.

 

Sirius sighed again before saying, "You all must realize that while you were told when you first came here that your House would be your family here at Hogwarts this does not continue outside of the school. While I was working as a Magical Law Officer as part of my training to become an Auror I had to work with a Slytherin. I almost let the old rivalry stop my dream as I argued with my training officer. It took my little brother, who was a Slytherin himself, to straighten me out. So yes form friendships within your House, but do not stop there, work with students in the other Houses to be their friends and allies. Who knows you may find the future love of your life in another House or even a friend." Sirius had to blush thinking of his growing relationship with Severus something he would never have thought possible when he had been in school.

 

After his little speech, Sirius had Fred try the shielding charm while Tom casting the Flippendo. Tom tried to use the least amount of power he could as he cast the First-Year spell, but somehow it still broke through the shield sending the redhead back a few feet into Sirius' form who had dived to make sure he did not crash into bookshelf overfilled with dusty tomes. "Aren't you going to take points away for how powerful that spell was?" George asked glaring at Tom as Sirius let go of Fred.

"Why for doing as I asked?" Sirius asked. "Based on how powerful your brother cast his last spell if he had used the same level on with his shield Messer Prince would never have been able to get past it. I am going to say no points lost."

 

Seeing that the Gryffindors and not only the twins were about to raise an issue he decided to move on to his Animagus and the story of it. Before more arguments could start up again he shifted into his Grimm form. All but Tom Prince's mouth fell open seeing the giant black dog being old enough to have possibly had Divination Class and have heard about the Grimm from the false seer. Shifting back he went back to perch on his desk as in the back of his mind knew that this might be setting a bad precedent for the class. "Okay, that was my Grimm form which I learned back around my Fourth and Fifth-Year. You see one of my friends had an issue that for a small time each month he would be unable to be around humans so my friends decided to help him by gaining some Animagus forms. As you just saw I took a Grimm form, my younger brother was able to shift into a stag, while his future husband James became a doe. Lily Evens though not part of our group also joined in as she took on the form of an dove. There was also Pettigrew who had been a rat just like what he turned out to be. Back in school the student after we had gained our Animagus form decided to give each other nicknames to go with our animal forms. My brother had the name of Five-point, Peter was the Wormtail, Lily was Silverwing, James was Prongs, my other friend was called Mooney and then there was my name of Padfoot," Sirius said seeing the shocked look on the Weasley Twin's faces.

 

Deciding to let the class out a little early Sirius was a little shocked as the twins came to his desk not to complain but actually started to bow to him once it was just the three of them were in the room alone. Sirius just arched an eyebrow as the pair of redheads continued to bow to him over and over again. "I was not expecting that. What is up?" he asked.

"Oh Master Padfoot please teach us your ways," Fred said.

"We used to have your map and followed your legacy," George added.

"We lost it earlier this year but it would be a great honor if you took us under your wing and showed us how to prank," Fred stated.

"Oh yes, I heard about your pranks. I am now ashamed to admit I was just like you as I used my pranks to bully other students. So I will make you a deal if you can pull off a prank to a member of each House, but not your own brothers, all at the same time which can not be considered bullying I will think about it," Sirius said leaving the room. From what he had heard about the pair from both Sev and his nephew he was sure that would be the last he heard of it for they had always refused to prank their own house apart from their older brother.

Notes:

*1 Student named for the villains, in order, of Sherlock Holmes (Professor Moriarty), Star Wars (The Emperor), and finally The Master from Doctor Who.
*2 A suggestion from a comment from DragonChalice from the last chapter.
*3 In my mind I see Albus dumbing down the classes in Harry/Harrison's year to make it easier to control him.

Chapter 21: A Leaf out of the book

Summary:

Harrison finds out what has been written about him

Notes:

Thanks to Kenmei for reminding me that Harrison had Sirius pick up the books that have been written about him. This chapter contains some Characters reading the original story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

At supper on the day of Sirius' first day of teaching Harrison received a note from his Uncle to come to his office after the meal had ended. Harrison was surprised to find that despite teaching in the same classroom as Professor Quirrell had used, Sirius had chosen to have his office down in the dungeons next to Snape's. He could only assume that Sirius was still using Snape's extra bedroom to sleep in.

 

Following the directions on the note, Harrison arrived at the office and entered without knocking. Looking around he found the room rather Spartan with only a simple desk, with an inbox and outbox, a quill set on top of it as well as three comfortable-looking chairs. Behind the desk was a large Gryffindor Flag hanging on the wall while the walls on either side held posters of various Quidditch teams, Magical people, and surprisingly Muggle movie posters. "Ah Harrison come in, come in," Sirius said, "so what do you think of the place?"

"It is alright Uncle though a little surprise you don't have any pictures or anything on your desk," Harrison said.

"That would be too normal for me Nephew," Sirius said with a half-mad smile "look behind you." As Harrison looked back at the door he saw on both sides of it the walls were plastered with Magical photographs.

 

On the left side of the door, the wall was covered with pictures from evidently his Uncle's youth with the one in pride of place being one that showed five Hogwarts students with their arms around each other with large grins on their faces. A sixth person appeared to be in the background trying to move forward but was trapped in some sort of spell. Harrison assumed the students were his young parents, Uncle, Godmother, Remus, while the one in the back was Pettigrew. Looking around at the other photos he saw many of his Sire and Uncle as young kids before they came to Hogwarts while others contained just Uncle, Bearer, and Remus while they were at school. Harrison's breath caught a little as his eyes found a photo the made him think of a wedding photo with his Sire and Bearer in white matching Dress robes with Lily, Uncle and Remus dressed as their wedding party.

 

Sirius had a sad smile on his face as he watched his Nephew look at all the pictures of his young parents broke his heart and made a vow to himself to reach out to all his old friends and get photos of not only James and Regulus but Harrison's Godmother as well. He would also make copies of several of his own such as the one of James and his brother's bonding as well as all the ones that contained Harrison as a baby.

 

Harrison after he finished drinking in his parent's wedding photo looked to the pictures on the right side of the door. There were fewer on this side, for it seems they were from after his Uncle was released from Azkaban. Harrison saw a picture of him and his friends when they had first meet with his Uncle in Snape's rooms, some that were of his Uncle and Remus as they were now, and even some of just him and Snape.

 

"So Uncle I take it you had something more in mind than just showing me your new office," Harrison said as he finally took one of the seats before the desk.

"That is correct while setting up my office I found the books you had me collect on Samhain/Halloween. Sorry it took so long the events afterward had driven them out of my mind," Sirius said handing over a bag filled with novels from various Magical authors about "Harry Potter's childhood. "I also forgot that one of the places I had traveled that day was to meet Vernon. I invited you all over to my place during the Yule and he agreed to think about it." Harrison smiled thinking it would be fun to see a "normal" Magical Home rather than just the bank and Hogwarts hoping Uncle Vernon would agree to it.

 

Harrison reached into the bag and pulled out the book to find what looked like a cartoonish version of himself, as he looked before the Potion he drank at Gringotts, swinging on a vine over a chasm while being chased by a fire breathing Manticore under the title of Harry Potter and Merlin's Secret Library. Turning the book over Harrison read the text on the back as it talked about Harry find access to Merlin's personal library in hopes of stopping a group of Death Eaters(?) from performing a ritual to bring back He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Harrison was about to open the book and start reading it when he was distracted by the sound of books being dropped onto the desk. Looking up Harrison saw three more books sitting right on his Uncle's desk.

 

"When I was out I also meet up with Remus and he passed on these books. It seems they are being sold in a Muggle shop in Cardiff," Sirius said. "They were passed on to him from the Goblins as due to an understanding with a special team of Muggles no Magical can step foot into that town unless they are seeking their help."

"What do you mean their help?" Harrison asked.

"Well, most Magicals have no real contact with the Muggle World and how to work within it. This group, due to what they face is easily able to handle any Magical problem that develops or to help us deal with it. I know a department in the Ministry of Magic, known as the Department of Mysteries have worked with them as early as 1955. The group only has one rule is that no Magic to be cast inside the city, apart from Apparition. As they can work within the Muggle World more easily than even Muggleborns the Ministry allows this. It was all thanks to the Minister at the time of our first contact with the group, and a man known to us only as the Captain were they were able to locate the partner of the Minister after he had lost his memory and had been treated as a John Doe in a Muggle hospital. Now the strange this is that our contact despite being around all this time has not seemed to age at all making some wonder if he is also a Magical with access to a Philosopher Stone but the creator of the only know Stone in existence has shared he had never meet the man before.

 

Anyway, it seems that while a member of the Captain's team was out at a book club she came across the third book of the series that had just come out. Due to their special relationship with the Ministry, the Captain and his team are not Oblivated like other Muggles, in fact, they collected information on people who have been Oblivated and have created a Muggle pill that does the same thing to keep Magic and other things secret from the Muggles that live in Cardiff. Due to this, the woman was able to recognize Azkaban as being a Magical place. The woman bought all books in the series and sent them to the Ministry, but since your "name" was on it the Goblins received them instead due to the protections they placed on you during your lessons. They had reached out to Lupin who had been looking for a way to get them to you without the Headmaster knowing about it, due to all the spells he had placed on you.

 

Lupin had read most of the first two books and had started on the third by the time I meet up with him. I can say it was the maddest I have ever seen him outside his wolf form for it seems all the books in this series take place while you are at Hogwarts and they even use your classmates' names," Sirius said as he passed over the first volume of the set over to his nephew. Harrison picked up the book reading the title of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and showed someone close to his previous appearance standing before a train that stated it was the Hogwarts Express. Opening up the book Harrison took in the first chapter title: The Boy Who Lived before he began to read.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

 

Harrison found it strange that the book would know not only where he lived but also his Aunt and Uncle's family name. "Ah before you get you get too deep in the book," Sirius said placing his hand on the page to stop Harrison from reading any further. "Remus has some concerns about the books for not only were they only being sold in the one location Magicals tend not to go to but added to the fact that it contains real people as well as some real events. No, you must not tell anyone else this, even Severus, but the Philosopher's Stone is in fact located at the school at the moment.* Finding this out Remus sent Severus a letter offering details in the book for the protection of the stone and Severus responded back with shock wondering how he knew about it. From what I heard the only thing that had prevented Severus from pressing charges was him finding out that the stone at the school was a fake.

 

We can not test another part of the book since it stated Voldemort was somehow sharing Professor Quirrell's body and with him having died on Samhain it is hard to test," Sirius said

"So you are saying this book all true?" Harrison asked in shock thinking about the conversation he had overheard from some of the older students about the Divination class and Seers.

"You would think so but in the books, you were sorted into Gryffindor and are best friends with Ronald and Granger," Sirius said.

"That sounds so horrible," Harrison making his Uncle let out a soft chuckle who knew how the boy felt about those two Lions.

"Remus and I agreed that you are the best one to find the small differences between the book and what has really happened so as you read try to keep notes of any other differences you can find at least in the first book," Sirius said pulling out an ordinary-looking notebook. "Both the Goblins and Remus have placed enchantments on this so that only you are able to open it as you take notes, keep it close." Harrison nodded as he took the notebook and placed it in the bag with the other books he had been given having seen it was almost time for the first year curfew for Slytherin.

 

The next morning Albus nearly spit out his morning tea as he looked around the hall to find Harry reading a book. While this was nothing new for the brat, the book he was reading was too much for him. How the hell did anyone find that book he made sure Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was only sold in a place not English Magical would go as well as America. He had been annoyed when he had found out that Aberforth's Squib Daughter had found a copy of his overall plans for the boy and began to publish them as a book series. It had only been her convincing him it could make a lot of money and raise the brat's power and influence in the Magical world after they were sold to the full Magical world after Voldemort's final defeat during the brat's seventh year.

Notes:

*Sirius not being aware that Severus shared this fact with Harrison already

Chapter 22: Detention and Sprits

Summary:

As Harrison takes note of the changes from the book and his life more changes start to happen around Hogwarts itself.

Chapter Text

It had barely taken Harrison a week to finish off the first book in the book series dealing with "his" time at Hogwarts. As his Uncle had told him he had also been taking notes on any other changes between real life and the events of the book, besides his house and who he was friends with. As he read the book taking notices of changes more changes began to develop around the castle itself. It seems Professor Binns had become rather busy for after he had uses his magic to help Bartholomew Augustus Reginald Black and Helena Black-Ravenclaw, the former Bloody Baron and Gray Lady, Peeves went to see the Ghost Professor see if he could also be healed.

 

The results from the Poltergeist healing were soon clear for almost immediately Professor Flitwick received a number of random weapons with a note from Peeves.

 

In 1876 the caretaker at the time tried to capture me and throw me out. His plan obviously failed to allow me access to all these weapons. I now give them back for them to be disposed of.

Peeves.

P.S. This does not mean I will stop my pranks but I shall return to my original nature. You can thank Heir Ravenclaw and Cuthbert for my "change of heart."

 

Filius was shocked as he looked over the weapons which included several blades, axes, and even some firearms. He knew the tale of course of how the school had to be evacuated for three whole days after Peeves had taken the items that had been delivered to him. Only coming back once the Poltergeist had used up all the ammo for the firearms and a contract had been written to try to get the weapons back. It had only been discovered later that the while Peeves had given them back he had over the next few days had stolen them right back, and they had not been seen since. At least until now. Filius figured Peeves had sent him the weapons due to his Goblin Heritage and his people's honor to weapons. Not wanting to leave the weapons lying around, for either a student to get their hands on them or Peeves to change his mind, the small Charms Master cast a levitation charm on them and headed into his office. Using his special contract/pathway mirror to contact his grand-uncle Bonecrusher, the next in line for the Goblin Nation's throne in Europe, Filius sent the weapons through to be not only cataloged and later displayed for their historical significance.

 

Another example of Peeve's reverting to his original form was seen at the meal after Filius received the weapons as Peeve flew above the gathered students and staff seeming to cast dust on everyone. As people bent over to make sure the "dust" did not end up in their food thinking it was some sort of poison or something. The only one in the hall that had not blocked his meal had been Harrison who for once did not have his nose in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone having been told by the Poltergeist what was going to happen. Everyone looked on in shock as Harrison actually tilted his head upward and opened his mouth to catch the "dust" on his tongue as if it was a snowflake. Even those closest to him look horrified by his actions as Harrison swallowed the dust as the entire school held their collected breaths thinking he was about to die. Instead, a small rainbow aura surrounded him before his hair turned purple, his eyes became yellow and cat-like before his robes, as well as everyone else's, turn from the normal black to the colors of their house. Harrison gave Peeves a thumbs up as he passed over him again which the Poltergeist responded back to with a small bow before flying out of the room singing the school song.

 

Harrison's actions did lead to people thinking that the whole episode had been his idea leading to him getting his first-ever detention, but also some notoriety with several people, Percy's brothers among them. Even his Uncle and friends did have trouble believing him when he told them he had not been part of the prank's planning. But he had bigger things to worry about thinking about the detention listed in the book where he was to go into the Forbidden Forest, that would have been bad but once more there was a difference as he was told to report to Professor McGonagall's office on the day after the event.

 

Rather than finding his least favorite teacher waiting for him, he found Dumbles at the desk with a "pleasant" smile on his face. "Ah hello Harry I must say I am very disappointed in you," the bastards said the same smile on his face as he dramatically shook his head at him.

"For what?" Harrison asked wanting to see what points the man would list as the reasons for the detention while sending some magic into his bag to make one of his quills transcribe the man's answers.

"Well for one your duel with young Ron a few weeks ago, your continual disrespect of Professor McGonagall, and now this prank with Peeves. Your mother and father would be so ashamed of your actions this year," Dumbles said. "I think that being in Slytherin House is having a negative impact on you Harry so it might be best for you to get resorted. I am sure that once you are in Gryffindor everything will be fine."

"I don't see the resort happening Headmaster for even if some reason the Board of Governors overturned the rule of a student can only get a resort in their Third-Year, the Hat informed me that I was only suited for Slytherin and Ravenclaw," Harrison said glaring at the man who still refused to both use his real name or acknowledge his true parentage despite all the evidence to prove him wrong.

"Be that as a may Harry Gryffindor would be the best place for you might not know this but your father was not only Lord Potter but Lord Gryffindor as well. And a long-standing Hogwarts tradition is to place an Heir of a Founder into their house," the man said as if that settled anything.

"No my Bearer or Papa was Lord Potter and Gryffindor, not my father and I would think the Hat, which according to Hogwarts a History was the actual hat of Godric Gryffindor himself, would know where to properly sort me Heir or not. Now while this is all interesting is this all that is planned for my detention?" Harrison asked getting annoyed at the bastard.

 

"Of course not," the man said making Harrison guess only though some great effort had stopped himself from either swearing at him or calling Harrison a brat. "We are just having a pleasant chat before your punishment starts, though of course if you want I could let this whole thing slide as no one got hurt." Hearing this Harrison uses some "Wish" Magic the transcript so far of their discussion to not only his Uncle and Godfather but Professor Flitwick as well.

"And how could I accomplish that?" he asked innocently.

"As we have been talking about just let yourself be resorted into Gryffindor," Albus said with a smile which Harrison assumed was the one listed in the book as Grandfatherly but to him made he think of a smiling hyena about to jump on its prey.

"And if I don't?" Harrison asked.

"Well then I am going to have to make sure to remove all but your school books from your possession so you can not come up with any more pranks," the bastard said. This seemed a little strange and oddly specific punishment to Harrison, and if it was not for the fact that his Uncle placing a Glamor on the Harry Potter books so it looked like he was reading A History of Toadstools, he would have thought the man was after that series of books.

"You have no right or power to do that," Harrison said showing anger for the first time for the man going after his books.

"I have every right to do whatever I feel is necessary to make sure that a student places their studies first," the man said with the hyena smile again.

"I doubt that extends to what sounds like stealing from a student Albus," a voice said from the door behind Harrison's seat. Harrison tried not to smile as he turned back to see his Uncle, Godfather, and favorite teacher all standing in the office doorway glowering at the man.

 

"Ah hello, what can I do for you three?" Dumbles asked as if he had not been found trying to blackmail Harrison.

"I have just had an interesting conversation with Peeves," Flitwick said. "He has come forward after overhearing that young Harrison had gotten detention for what he had done on his own."

"That does not sound like our dear Peeves," Dumbles said.

"Ah but it is as he was meant to be," a new voice said as Professor Binns entered the room via the wall behind the Headmaster actually making him jump.

"What was that Cuthbert?" Flitwick asked.

"I have had a couple of interesting conversations with my fellow Hogwarts Spirits since Samhain many of which have asked me to perform a cleansing on them. One of which was our dear Poltergeist Peeves, whom it seems was meant to only pull harmless pranks to keep the castle filled with childlike wonder. Hence his change as of late as well as some of the other Spirits of the castle. Now I am sure with that news and what Filius has told us it is clear that Harrison did not in fact have any hand in the prank," Binns said gliding right through the Headmaster and motioning Harrison to stand up and walk before him out of the room.

 

"Thank you," Harrison told the four when they were a corridor away from McGonagall's office.

"Don't mention it Nephew I had some qualms about this detention when I saw Minerva in the staff room, and your note just made it a given that I should come," Sirius said pulling Harrison into a one-arm hugged and to his annoyance messing with his hair.

"I myself can't see you taking part in the prank at all," Severus said, "so was trying to find the real culprit only for your note to arrive."

"I was doing just as I told the Headmaster meeting with Peeves when your note came to me as well. Good use of Wish Magic Harrison," Flitwick said.

"I had no idea what was going on I was just coming to report to Minerva that I had performed a cleansing on all the Hogwarts' Spirits," Binns said with a ghostly shrug.

"All the same thank you," Harrison said wishing he could ask his Uncle about the Glamor on his books but as of everyone at Hogwarts only the pair of them knew about the books that Mr. Lupin had sent him from the Captain. The four Professors walked Harrison back to his dorms and told him to go to bed and not mention his "detention" with anyone. Wishing them a good night Harrison went right to his room to read more of the Philosopher's Stone again.

 

The more Harrison read of the book the more annoyed he would become at the inaccuracies of it. It had started early with his Uncle Vernon not being the absentee guardian he had once been but being an active participant in "Harry's punishments." In the robe shop, Draco had actually talked to him unlike in real life when his cousin had taken one look at his clothing and had held his head up as if Harrison had offended him. But that was not all the changes that had been made different from his blonde cousin, for the book had Draco being nothing but a bully to "Harry and his friends." But also a sneaking coward who had not shown up at midnight duel. While in real life Draco while being a little stuck up sometimes was no coward and usually relied on his quick wit and sarcastic nature to get past any problems he had. It seemed the only things the book had gotten right was the attitude he had to Ronald, which had only reached the level from the books after Harrisons' first duel with the redhead.

 

The other thing the book had right about Draco was his relationship with Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, but it had made a mess of the pair's real personalities as well. During the first week, Harrison had found out the reason why Hogwarts had placed Draco in the same bedroom as the pair of boys. According to Draco, the pair had severe cases of Social Anxiety which they were trying to work through by trying to talk to someone other than Draco at least once a day. For some reason, both hulking boys had found Draco to have a soothing presence. Some did see the pair as both dumb and bullies but it was only their anxiety that kept them from answering any questions asked of them in class while achieving nearly EE in all but their Transfiguration homework. Harrison had also been told that the reason the pair had been thought to be bullies is that both shared a small tick of cracking their knuckles if they were either nervous or people stared at them. Of Blaise and Theo, they had only been mentioned as being sorted into Slytherin as the book gave Theo's position as top of their class to Granger who was really ranked number eleven.

 

Of Granger and Ronald, it seems that whoever wrote the book played up only the pair's "good parts" skipping over Ronald's bullying nature, quick temper, and general laziness. While Granger did still have her bossy and mightier than thou attitude even after she became "Harry's" friend the book skipped over how she would hit any student around her if they tried to answer any question before her, which lead to her getting points taken away in a lot of the classes she shared with Harrison, apart from Transfiguration. Professor McGonagall was also quite different from what she had been written about for she showed a lot of support to Gryffindors while she either ignored or low-key bullied students from the other Houses making her more in line with how his Godfather was depicted in the books.

 

As Harrison laid in bed and started to fall asleep he could not help but wonder what he would see if he was to look into the Mirror of Erised would he see his parents just like "Harry" had done or did he have a different desire to his counterpart from the book. While he was curious what he would see it was not like he could go check it out since A) he did not have an Invisibility Cloak, and B) did not want Dumbles to find him as he looked into it.

 

The next day Harrison was still thinking about the Mirror leading him to once more head to the school library as that is where "Harry" had started from the first time he had come across the object. He was fighting the urge to go look to see if he could find the mirror he saw someone float by making him stop in place. He had been so focused on the book he had almost forgotten his desire to learn about the Hogwarts's Spirits as Professor Binns had called them. "Um Miss Millie can I talk to you?" he asked hurrying over to her lest he loses her in the stacks.

"Ah young Harrison I was wondering when you were going to show up," she said with a small smile which for some reason made his heart flutter. "Oh sorry about that I sometimes forget I still have my gift even as a Spirit," she said noticing his reaction to her smile.

"Your gift?" Harrison asked.

"Well it was a gift and a curse for it lead to my premature death," Mille said. "You see I was born a pure-blood Veela, which is rare considering both my parents were straight Magicals as were their families for five generations. The Healers could never figure out how it had happened but since I had no one to help lead me as a Veela I could never turn off the Allure. That is something that a Veela has to attract a mate," she said seeing his puzzled expression. "Even under strong potions and magical spells, the Allure has always shown through leading many to say I had the "Magic Talent of Sex Appeal." This caused a lot of issues with my classmates as many girls were jealous of me or like most of my male classmates wanted to get with me. I really just wanted to be left alone and would come to the library to try to find a way to shut off my Allure which is where I meet him."

"Him? Him who?" Harrison asked.

"His name was Jonathan and was in his Seventh-Year when I was in my fifth. Jonathan was the first person outside my family who was not Asexual that had been immune to my Allure. Though at first, I thought he had been Asexual as he showed no interest in me at all rather he was into his studies of Necromancy. This of course was at a time when the subject was still taught here before the Headmaster got rid of it as well as other classes he deemed as too dark for the students."

"So what happened to Jonathan?" Harrison asked.

"Well unfortunately as Jonathan was so powerful in Necromancy that he had earned the title the Zombie Master other became interested in him. One such person was a Witch in the year between us from Gryffindor. You see I was in Ravenclaw and Jonathan was from Slytherin and while the rivalry was not as bad as it is today there was still some friction when I had been alive. Well this Fifth-Year Gryffindor, her name was Valda was excellent at Transfigurations had seen how close I had started to get to the person she saw as rightfully hers so she had used a dark spell that changed my body into a book and left it on one of the shelves, and while the staff has never been able to find my body even to this day it did have the effect of creating the Forbidden Section within the library. As for Jonathan, it was only after my death that I found out he really liked me as he ended up casting a high-powered Necromancy spell on himself before he killed himself turning him into a zombie."

"Is that any different from an Inferius?" Harrison asked.

"Yes for an Inferius is created by pure dark magic and is only meant to attack while the Zombie at least the one that Jonathan had become had turned into a guardian of the school. Somehow he had even worked it out with the Headmistress at the time, Shawna Goldstein, where he would live in the dungeons, and if a student got lost in the maze of tunnels down there for a certain amount of time he would appear and lead them out.

"Well at least you two can sort of get together even in death," Harrison said a little lamely.

"There is that," Millie said laughing at his somewhat gallows humor.

 

Asking Millie if she knew where to find the other Spirit that hung around the library Harrison was directed to a corner furthest from the windows lit only by a few sprinkling of half-burnt candles. At a table almost as far as one could get from the entrance to the main schools as one could get there sat the other Hogwarts' Spirit that "haunted" the library, the boy spirit Buttons. To be honest Harrison was the most interested to find out this Spirits stories for unlike the other non-living inhabitants of the castle Buttons was maybe six to eight years of age. This was seen not only due to how small he was, even shorter than Harrison was thanks to Petunia's abuse of him growing up, but also the undead boy's clothing which was not robes but a simple tee-shirt and short shorts. Based on the design on the tee-shirt Buttons had to be one of the newest ghosts of the place as it appeared to resemble Muggle clothing maybe from Harrison's Grandparents day. "Um, Button can I speak to you?" Harrison asked making the Spirit jump a little.

"About what?" Buttons asked in a voice so low even from the near silence around them Harrison could barely hear.

"I wish to know more about you with any story you have to tell me," Harrison said taking a seat at the taking at table Buttons was floating above with his legs crossed.

"Why?" Buttons asked.

"I like history and asking about it from the Hogwarts' Spirits has been utterly fascinating. I was just hoping to find out more about you."

"Very well I guess I can spare you a few moments to tell you of my life," Button said.

"Thank you," Harrison said leaning forward in excitement, as all thoughts of the Mirror have left him.

 

"I was born in Hogwarts you know,' Buttons began. "My father was the Headmaster before Dumbledore," the Spirit said spitting out the name as if it was a curse "my mother was the school's Healer. When I was only four my mother passed away leaving my father to raise me as well as running the school. I could not wait until I was old enough to actually take classes here rather than just be the son of the Headmaster, but alas it was never to be. For one day while I was gathering some books to read to pass the time until my dad was done with work for the day I heard a voice that seemed to be calling for me. I found myself walking deeper and deeper into the stacks where there would be no books that I would be able to understand yet, but I just could not stop my feet no matter how much I tried," Buttons said making Harrison think of the Pied Piper spell which based on the age that Buttons became a Spirit it might have been performed by Dumbles himself.

"As my feet marched me back to this very corner a strange voice started to ask me about the Chamber of Secrets and where it was located. I think the voice thought that my Dad knew where the chamber was and was trying to find out its location. I had told them that the Chamber was just a myth only for them to say they knew it was here somewhere and that my father had not told me. "There is nothing for it I must become the Headmaster myself for that chamber could do great things for my plans," the voice had told me made me wonder why it was sharing this last bit with me. Unfortunately, the voice had decided the best chance of getting my father's job was to distract him by killing me. For next thing I know I was staring down at my body crushed under a bookcase and a large pile of books," Button said.

"But didn't you go tell your father right after you died?" Harrison asked.

"Ah, a thing to know about Spirits is that it takes us a couple of years to actually become visible, so while I was able to watch what was going on I could not communicate with anyone yet," Buttons explained. "If only I had been able to I might have warned my father as the year after I had died someone did open the Chamber unleashing something onto the students leading to another Spirit to be created. While I don't know what had killed her it had been so powerful and wrong that her Spirit form appeared just seconds after her death. The death of this student shortly after my mom and my own death really hit my father hard as he seemed to lose his will to live until one day when I was doing my normal silent and unseen vigil on him the Transfiguration teacher gave him some tea and with only a single drink my father had died. I had hung around to see if my father would appear as a Spirit but he had decided to pass on, but while I was waiting I saw the teacher hastily banish the rest of the tea before pouring some more into my father's cup," Buttons said.

"That seems odd whatever happened to that Professor?" Harrison asked again thinking that whomever the teacher was had served Button's father poison rather than actual tea and had quickly gotten rid of the evidence.

"Oh he was promoted becoming the current Headmaster," Buttons said.

Chapter 23: Working towards a case.

Summary:

Harrison tries to use Buttons story against Dumbles leads him and some others on an interesting journey

Notes:

A return of an old favorite OC in this chapter.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Hearing Buttons Dippet's story Harrison wondered if a Ghost testimony could be used in a Magical Court. For if the young Ghost boy's guess was right that Dumbles had poisoned his father, and the previous Headmaster it could lead to maybe removing him from the school. His plan at looking at the Mirror of Erised being utterly forgotten, Harrison left the library, for once not saying goodbye to Madam Pince, and headed down to his Uncle's office. Thinking that as an ex-Auror he would know if Button's testimony could be used.

 

Reaching the closed door Harrison lifted his hand to knock only to stop as he heard voices inside. "We did as you asked," what sounded like one of the Weasley twins said making Harrison wonder what his Uncle asked them to do.

"Alright run me through it," Sirius's voice said.

"Well we pulled a prank that changed all the Quidditch players' robes to those from a different team," a twin said.

"Did you indeed, yourselves as well?" Harrison heard his Uncle ask in a voice sounding like he did not believe it.

"Yes Professor Padfoot," the twins said in unison with muffled voices.

"Are you telling me the truth?" Sirius asked with a hint of warning in his voice.

"Yes we are," the twins said still in unison though Harry detected a bit of worry in their voices.

"How strange. You are of course aware that during Peeves' prank a couple of days ago where my nephew was blamed and almost given detention," Sirius said but did not wait for a response. "Peeve did not want one of his pranks to cause someone else to get into trouble began to submit his pranks, after the fact, to most of the staff so we could make sure he was not messed with again. Now according to his prank list Peeve was responsible for the Quidditch team robe switch. While that is the sort of prank I am looking for I do not like that you decided to take credit for it. So if you really want me to teach you all that I know of pranks do it yourself Also since you lied you now need to prank your own house twice still not personally targeting your own siblings," Sirius said in a voice that Harrison saw as a message for the pair to leave his office making him hastily get out of the way of the door.

 

Both twins grumbled a little as they walked past him, thankfully not noticing him, as they left the office. Knocking on the open door Harrison saw his Uncle look up and a smile come to his face. "Harrison come in, come in," Sirius said with a beaming smile. Harrison did as he was instructed shutting the door behind himself, and had his Uncle put up some secrecy wards. "What have you found out about the book?" Sirius asked.

"I have something else to talk about," Harrison taking one of the seats before the desk.

"Why the secrecy?" his Uncle asked.

"Is it possible for a Spirit/Ghost to be used in a trial?" Harrison asked.

"If they are properly vetted why?" Sirius asked.

"I think that one of Spirits in the Library had his father killed by Dumbles," Harrison explained as Sirius' mouth fell open in shock.

"As in the current Headmaster or another one of his ancestors?" Sirius asked once he collected himself.

"The current Headmaster it seems he killed, according to the spirit, his predecessor," he said.

"We will need to get them vetted right away," Sirius said.

"Um, how do we do that?" Harrison asked,

"Now that is the tricky part we need to have someone who has some ties to the school as well as a background in Magical Law. This does point to Lord Malfoy, however, we need to think of a reason for Lucius to come to Hogwarts besides meeting his son. And we do not want Albus to know about Lily's Legacy so it can't be to meet up with me," Sirius said leaning back in his seat causing it to tip backward a bit as he stroked his chin in thought.

"What if we use the second book to find the Chamber?" Harrison suggest.

"That would bring the Governors in I suppose," Sirius said leaning forwards making his chair legs for to the ground "but why the Chamber?"

"According to the Spirit before he died Dumbles asked him about it before deciding that becoming the Headmaster would let him find it," Harrison said.

"Alright then I guess you should read ahead to find out how to access the Chamber, but when we head down Severus will be coming with us. Also, he pointed out that I need to increase the power of my Glamor on the books. Pointing out that if someone has a certain Magical Power they were able to see it. This was brought to his attention by his Cousin who was able to see the title of the book and asked him about it," Sirius said. Knowing that if a student could see it Dumbles might be able to see them as well Harrison pulled out the first book of the series so a more powerful Glamor could be put on it before leaving the office to get the other two books. He had to agree that Dumbles had seen pass the Glamor based on the "punishment" the man had come up to force him to request a resort into Gryffindor.

 

After his Uncle had applied the most powerful Glamour he could on the three books Harrison set the Philosopher Stone novel aside and picked up the second book in the series. Finding that one of the final chapters was called the Chamber of Secrets he turned right to it. Rather than read it outright Harrison skimmed it, not wanting to spoil the story before he got to it. Finding out not only the location, the girls' bathroom where one of the spirits he had yet to talk to dwell, but also how to get access into the Chamber. Seeing that one need to speak Parseltongue he decided that he would see about inviting both Tom and Professor Binns as well.

 

Checking the map he saw that his Uncles were together in Snape's rooms he made his way there. As they told him that he did not have to knock but could go right in Harrison was shocked to find the pair cuddled up together on the couch with Severus' arm around Sirius who seemed to be laying on him. Harrison could not help but blush a little at finding them in such a state. Only for the door to close behind him making the pair look up and see him. Blushing themselves the two men sat up on the couch as his blood Uncle gave an embarrassed cough and his chosen Uncle rubbed the back of his neck. "Harrison, what do we own this surprise visit?" Severus asked unable to look at him.

"If the books tell the truth I think I found the entrance to the Chamber," Harrison said his voice squeaking a little due to embarrassment.

"The Chamber?" Severus asked.

"I'll fill you in later," Sirius said giving the Potion Master's hand a squeeze "so where is it?"

"It is the second-floor girls' room where the Spirit of Myrtle inhabits," Harrison said bouncing a little on the balls of his feet for something to distract himself a little.

"You would think they would have checked there?" Severus said "for while the Chamber is said to be hidden it has been opened up once before around twenty to twenty-five years before we went to Hogwarts. And Myrtle had been found dead from the Monster in that bathroom."

"It seems to fully access it one needs to speak Parseltongue. I was thinking that since we have three people who can speak the language that we should all come along to check the Chamber out," Harrison suggested.

"And why are we going to explore the Chamber?" Severus asked looking between Harrison and Sirius.

"To get Draco's dad here so he can talk to Buttons Dippet," Harrison said simply.

"I am going to need more than that Harrison," Severus said rubbing his forehead for a moment.

"Alright talking to Buttons in the library yesterday he told me how he died, which sounded like someone used the Pied Piper Curse on him. But as he stayed around before gaining his Spirit body he believes he saw Dumbles poison his father which led him to become the Headmaster. We need Draco's dad here to vet the truth of the story from Buttons so we can use it against Dumbles maybe get him charged with something," Harrison explained.

"And this has to do with the Chamber how?" Severus asked.

"We needed a reason for Lucius to come to the school," Sirius said with a small smile to him.

 

"Okay, that actually makes sense, one last question what according to this book you mentioned is the Monster of Slytherin?" Severus asked.

"Um a Basilisk," Harrison said making both swear a little.

"Alight before we do this we are going to have to find a way to meet with this Basilisk without any of us dying, or being petrified," Severus said.

"That is a good point I would not want to meet a living Basilisk with my eyes closed," Sirius said.

"Let us search to see if there is an actual spell that we can cast to protect ourselves, or if we just have to rely on, as Filius would say, Wish Magic to get past it," Severus said.

"Would the Basilisk be able to affect me, since I wear the Slytherin Lordship ring?" Harrison asked.

"I am not sure but I am unwilling to take a chance on it," Severus said as much to Harrison's annoyance leaned forward, and ruffled his hair.

 

It took the two men almost a full week before they felt they had found a way past the Basilisk gaze, where Sirius explained to Severus all about Lupin being sent the series of books about "Harry's" time at Hogwarts. Early Saturday morning Harrison and Tom received a summons to Snape's rooms where they found not only the two men but Professor Binns as well. Having a quick breakfast, provided by the Elves, the group went over the plan for tackling the Chamber. For while everyone could either die or be petrified by the Gaze in most normal ways even if they used mirrors Professor Binns had discovered a spell which had once been used for people why trained with Basilisk that would allow them to look into the eyes of the creature without fear. But even with that spell in place, the Basilisk would still be dangerous so Professor Binns and Sirius had made it clear to the two students if something happened they would take cover. Severus did not share this idea rather he caught Tom's eyes and let the man peek into his mind to pass on the idea of Tom protecting Harrison at all cost. Tom gave a nod to his old friend as he took Harrison's hand to give it a gentle squeeze.

 

Since Severus, Sirius and Binns were all Professors they had no problem going into the second-floor ladies room and warding it off, just so no student should come in as they went to the Chamber. "What are you doing here this is a girl's toilet?" a morose female spirit asked. As everyone turned to look at her no one saw Tom wince a little with a sad look on his face for having accidentally killed her in his real youth.

 

Recalling the line from the book Harrison stepped forward and asked how she died which seemed to shock her before she told of seeing a large pair of yellow eyes around a certain tap. Harrison had done this for there were a lot of taps in the bathroom and he did not want to spend too long looking for the one etched with a snake on it. Heading to the center of the taps lining the wall of the room Harrison quickly began to search for the Snake marking and soon found it. Having been able to talk to Glycon, Tom, and even Professor Binns in Parseltongue Harrison could easily slip into it at will as he hissed, "Open" to the tap. Right away the sink before him sunk into the ground as those on either side of it seemed to fold back into the wall leaving a spot where several people could go through, or the large serpentine form of the Basilisk. Having read that to reach the bottom they would have to slide down a dirty pipe to land in a pile of bones Harrison moved forward to climb into the pipe; only for Tom to stop him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Look there Harrison," the older boy said indicating a small indentation on one of the side walls where a sink and folded together. Seeing the symbol of Slytherin House in the indentation which looked like it was made for a ring Harrison shifted his ring to that of Slytherin House and pressed it into the spot. Suddenly a platform seemed to slide out of the wall waiting to ride down to the Chamber's entrance.

"Miss Myrtle, would you like to come as well?" Harrison asked the Spirit of the girl.

"Why?" she asked back a slight moan in her voice.

"To see it to the end after all what is down here might be responsible for your death it might be good for you," Harrison said with a slight smile at the girl.

"I might as well I have nothing else to do," she said still with the moan but joined the others on the platform as Harrison removed the ring from the wall.

 

Like a Muggle lift (elevator) the platform began to descend at a steady pace only to reach the bottom of the pipe and merge once more with the floor. As the four living members of their party pulled out their wands, just in case, and Professor Binns's ghostly wand appeared in his hand the group headed forward. After a short walk, they came to a large circular door locked by a row of snakes around the hatch. This time it was Tom who hissed out, "Open" and got them past the door. The group stopped in place as they took in the Chamber with its majestic pillars and the large stone statue of Salazar Slytherin at the end of it barely visible through the gloom. "Well, we found the Chamber that should be enough to get the Governors to come," Severus said.

"Yes but if they have their own Parseltongues who say the wrong thing they could accidentally free the Basilisk," Sirius pointed out as he took out his wand to cast the spell to protect them from the Gaze.

 

Harrison's vision instantly took on a red look like a pair of Magic-Ruby goggles appeared on each of their faces, ghost included, thankfully big enough that they covered both Harrison and Binns' glasses. Through some research Professor, Binns had found that Magically treated Ruby Quartz lenses would prevent the Gaze from killing or stunning anyone, so Sirius and Severus had crafted more than enough sets, so they could be summoned as need be. As the group headed towards the statue of Salazar Slytherin there was a slight rumble as the statue started to move into the floor so that only the head remained. Once more recalling what had brought forth the Basilisk from the book Harrison hissed, "Speak to me Slytherin Greatest of the Hogwarts' Four."

 

No sooner had the words left his mouth than the statue's mouth gapped open and out slid the giant green King of Serpents coiling itself on the floor the large serpent began to move its form back and forth making Harrison think of someone doing some stretches after having just waking up from a long nap. "Oh that feels nice how long was I out this time?" the serpent asked shifting its head around to look at them. "Oh hello, there I have never seen so many of you in my Human's chamber at once. Though two of you seemed to," the snake began only to catch sight of Tom vigorously shaking his head so finished "have the gift of my tongue."

"Three actually," Harrison hissed back from behind his Uncles who were partially blocking him in case the Basilisk decided to strike.

After using their tongue to scent the air a little the giant snake bobbed its head as if was nodding, "Sorry my mistake I did not take into account the unliving one. Now, what can old Betsy do for you?"

Harrison had to bit his lips to stop himself from giggling at the name of the dangerous creature before he answered, "We came here today as a way to get the school Governors to come to the castle so that we could possible oust the current Headmaster for various crimes he has performed."

"Did he now Salazar should hear of this as should the others," Betsy said nodding her giant head back to the mouth of the statue.

"Um, what's in there?" Tom asked having never looked himself when he had first found the Chamber.

"The Founder's Portraits," Betsy said making all three Speakers' mouths fall open in shock soon followed by the others when Binns translated.

"Why are they here?" Professor Binns asked.

"Rowena, who was the last one alive wanted them in a safe place as she began to notice disconcerting patterns as if the school was getting attacked," Betsy explained. "As out of all the Founder's Familiars I alone had my own Chamber she chose to place them here."

"Wait the other Founders knew about this place but I thought this was Salazar's secret addition to the school," Professor Binns said, "in his quest to force Muggleborns out of the castle."

"That is utter Tosh," Betsy hissed at him somewhat angrily "why would my Human want to get rid of them?  He knew they offered new blood for your kind plus from what I recall both his parents were Muggleborn." Betsy's words once more shocked the group.

"What is the purpose of this Chamber then?" Myrtle asked getting translated by Tom.

"Ah my Human was very into potions experiments so had set up this space away from the rest of the castle so he would not accidentally hurt someone," Betsy explained before adding after seeing their stunning faces "he was not the only one as Rowena created a room in the seventh floor where she would practice inventing Charms and powerful artifacts."*

 

"Would you allow us to see the Portraits?" Severus asked with Harrison translating it for him.

"I shall indeed but I would like the two living Speakers to stay and chat with me for a bit," Betsy said.

"No harm shall come to them?" Sirius and Severus asked getting their words translated by Binns.

"You have my word as one of the Founder's Familiars," Betsy said raising her might tail as if it was an arm to make her pledge.

"Very good you two stay safe and don't take off your goggles," Severus said turning to Harrison and the youthened Tom.

"We will Godfather," Harrison said with a serious nod.

"I will make sure nothing happens to him," Tom said draping an arm over the younger boy's shoulder.

"And I will watch them both," Myrtle said having no desire to meet the Founders within the portraits. With a nod of thanks to the Spirit and an arch eyebrow at seeing Harrison not trying to get Tom's arm off of him, Severus followed Cuthbert and Sirius into the mouth of the statue,

 

"What did you want to talk about um Lady Betsy?" Harrison asked not sure if she had a title or anything.

"Just Betsy will do," she said with what sounded like a smile in her tone. "As for what I wanted to talk about I am not sure if you know this, but there is a powerful connection that exists between you."

"Really?" Harrison asked wondering if that is why he had so easily bonded with his Uncle's cousin and why their family magic seemed to soothe him a little.

"Indeed my Young Speaker," Betsy said giving him another smile.

"Does this mean anything?" Harrison asked.

"Not at this time though the connection you share could make both your Magic stronger over time, and from what I can taste of you both of you are pretty powerful as it is. In fact, you could be like the Spirit Speaker," Betsy said causing Harrison to blanch a little.

"You mean I could become a Spirit after I die?" Harrison asked having not found out why certain people remained as Spirits besides the idea of unfinished business but had not received any confirmation about that theory from any of the Spirits he had spoken to.

"No Young Speaker I mean you could be shape changers and with hardly any practice at all," Betsy said making both Harrison and Tom's mouth fall open in shock. For while Tom had been able to possess creatures when he had been a Shade he had never actually learned an Animagus transformation.

"Cool, but how do we do it?" Harrison asked thinking about his Uncles forms having seen Sirius become the Grimm, and along with Draco, had seen Severus' change into a Raven.

 

"To have your connection help you to pull it off take each other's hands," Betsy said which the pair did hastily explaining to Myrtle what was happening so she would be aware of what was coming. "Now envision your body shifting into a different creature, do not try to control it let it happen naturally."

"But I thought people chose the form they change into?" Tom asked.

"That is true for some changes, but with the power, both of you hold you might be able to have multiple forms so for the moment just let your bodies act on their own," Betsy explained softly lowering her head to the floor and using a second set of eyelids, of ruby quarts, to look at them knowing that when they changed they might lose their goggles.

As Tom was having this discussion with Betsy Harrison had closed his eyes to better let his magic take the lead. He gave a small cheer as he felt his body began to change forcing him to lower his two hands to the Chamber floor and short light brown fur erupted from his body and his face began to elongate. After a moment the transformation stopped making him shake his head a little and saw Tom, Betsy, and Myrtle looking at him in shock.

"Wow I have never seen anyone reach an Animagus form on their first try," Myrtle said "I thought you were teasing me."

"I have never heard of a thing happening so fast either," Tom said as he reached a hand towards Harrison's new form. Harrison let himself be patted on the head by Tom as he absentmindedly asked what he was forgetting that as an animal he would be unable to speak either Human or Parseltongue. "You appear to be a Fawn," Tom said shocking him.

"Wait you can still understand him?" Myrtle asked in shock.

"It seems so must be our connection," Tom said as he began to pet the other boy's head and felt his own body begin to shift. Myrtle gave another gasp of surprise at seeing him also easily change his form.

 

Much to Tom's surprise, he had not changed into some sort of serpent as he found himself standing beside Harrison in the Chamber. "Betsy is right about our connection it seems," Harrison said looking up into his taller form.

"Why what am I?" Tom asked.

"You appear to be a teenage buck I think I see nubs that will grow into horns one day," Harrison said as without thinking nuzzled against the Tom's neck.

Notes:

*The Room of Requirement

Chapter 24: Oh Deer

Summary:

Sirius, Severus, and Binns find the transformed Harry and Tom

Chapter Text

Severus was amazed for the Basilisk, Betsy, had actually underplayed what was within the hidden room for not only were the four Founders Portraits inside but so were various notebooks from the four containing spells that he saw had been lost to times. Flipping through one of Salazar's books he found Potions to utterly block the Pied Piper spell, one that could heal a person's mind of spell created insanity. As he was looking through Salazar's journal Sirius was looking through Rowena's finding various Magical Theory on balance od Dark, Light and the Gray that was needed to help strengthen the magic of the world. Thinking about what he had found out after his release from Azkaban with Dumbles using his Position as Chief Warlock to outlaw many "dark creatures" the man was starting to upset the balance which might explain why there were so few Magical Britain compared to other parts of the world. For apart from the Weasley family most Magical families could only produce one or two offspring no matter they all tried. Some families such as the Malfoys had only ever only been able to produce one child at a time, such a drop from the old records when they had been said to be as large as the Black family, but then of course the Blacks were losing ground as well. Before the last war he had had numerous aunts and uncles and plenty of cousins, now he just had Narcissa and her sisters, but they had mostly been killed off by the opposing sides. Now as he thought about it, his family, in particular, had seemed to be specifically targeted as members who had Lightest cores and those who had the Darkest cores leaving those in the middle left alive.

 

Both men's reading was interrupted as Myrtle flew into the room calling out, "You need to get out three fast." Both living men dropped the books they were reading as the tome Binns had been reading with his magic had also fallen in a desire to see what was wrong. All three's minds were filled with some accident causing either Tom or Harrison to lose their special Goggles and look Betsy in the eye killing themselves. But as they reached the room Severus and Sirius skidding to a stop as they laid eyes on not humans but a pair of deer. Both of which were laying on the Chamber floor with their legs tucked below them. The younger of the pair leaning against the older one who was using his tongue to groom the younger one's head. "How long have they been like this?" Sirius asked understanding the issue that he been brought the ghost girl to them.

"Just under half an hour," Myrtle said wringing her translucent hands before her.

"Thank you Myrtle," Severus said as he and Sirius pulled out wands and pointed them at the pair of transformed humans. Seeing the sudden movement both Deer started as they got quickly to their feet with the older deer moving to block the fawn both getting ready to leap away. Before they could both men cast the spell to revert the deer to human.

 

Both returned humans looked confused for a moment at their actions. Harrison blushed at the memory of Tom grooming him while they had been both deer and how closely he had felt to the other male. "Sorry about that you two," Sirius said, "but we had to act before it was too late."

"What do you mean too late?" Tom asked

"It is not spoken about but sometimes during a Magicals first shifting into an Animagus form they can lose themselves into their animal form."

"It is even worse if one happens to change with a person who has the same animal and double that if it turns out the pairs are connected," Severus said before adding "as you seem to be."

"Connected?" Harrison asked in confusion.

"Think of it like the Muggle story of Soulmates," Sirius said. "Sometimes just by random chance, the Lady gifts us with someone that is perfect for us, such as your parents. Just like you when they had achieved their Animagus forms the pair had not only been the same animal but had slipped right into mindsets. Lily and I had spent a horrified forty-five minutes looking for a way to turn them back before it was too late."

"That sounds ominous," Tom said as placed a hand on Harrison's shoulder.

"It should for if one falls into an animal mindset when transformed if they are not returned to themselves within an hour's time they will lose all sense of self and be stuck as the animal forever. Even if they are changed back to their human form they would still see the world and think of themselves as the animal they had changed into," Sirius said. "I recall a case from when I was an Auror near the end of the last the war a young boy had drunk a potion that one of his parents had made to reveal his Animagus form and got changed into a cat. By the time he was found it was too late and the boy had taken on the mindset of a house cat. The Aurors were called in due to the parents shifting him back into a human he had a negative reaction letting his magic lash out using it like claws and had "hunted" his older brother and had been on the verge of killing him. It was only thanks to one of the Aurors having a cat form and shifting into it to calm him down."

"What happened to the boy?" Harrison asked.

"I could not actually tell you as he had a negative reaction to me, sensing my own Animagus form, forcing me to leave after the boy and his family had gone to St. Mungos. Shortly afterward Godric Hallow had been attacked. I could look into it for you?" Sirius offered.

"Thanks but no thanks Uncle that is alright," Harrison said subconsciously leaning into Tom's form.

 

"I am glad that all this is settled but what to do about Betsy?" Myrtle said not wanting to confess she had found both males as deer rather cute.

"That is a good point," Binns said before turning to the Basilisk "High Lady Betsy while you purpose to protect the school and students is a noble one. I have a feeling if the current Head finds out about your existence he will either find a way to corrupt you are just downright killed. Is there a way that we can safely get you out of here or anything?" Binns asked.

"To do that Speaker Binns you will need to take all that I am guarding and place it in their rightful places in the castle which will free me from part of my obligations to remain at the school," Betsy said before using her tail to point at Harrison as both boys hastily put their goggles back on just in case. "And as this one is Heir to my family he can send me to my Human's castle. There I can remain unless called by him or if the school has great need of me again." Betsy said and curled up on the Chamber floor.

"I get where the portraits would need to go, the common rooms right?" Severus asked thinking that only Gryffindor might be an issue with McGonagall.

"That is correct," Betsy answered as translated by Harrison.

"But where do the tomes and other objects go I don't feel it would be a good idea to leave those where either a random student or Dumbles can get their hands on them. Just think of what problems one of the younger Weasleys could do with such knowledge." Severus said forcing all, with the exception of Betsy to shutter at the thought.

"I am only to really guard the Portraits by order of the Founders so if you wish you could keep the journals hidden and use them as you wish," Betsy said once more through Harrison.

 

"While that does sound like a better option that is still too much power for us even if we split the books between us," Severus said.

"Why not put them in a Gringotts Vault?" Harrison asked. "The Goblin seem like they could handle anything and are used to watching over powerful objects."

"It could work," Sirius said after a moment "maybe the Founder's vaults themselves.

"Or in each other vaults," Binns said stroking his ghostly chin. "For if certain people learned of their existence who would think that Salazar's journals resting in the Hufflepuff or Gryffindor Vaults?"

"That is a great suggestion, Cuthbert, though before we do I would like to try out one of the Potions I found in Salazar's book which is said to be able to heal mind damage for those afflicted by Magic. It might just help some in the Memory ward at St. Mungos," Severus said thinking in particular of Alice and Frank Longbottom.

"From what a remember of a conversation between Salazar and Helga her tome includes a spell that may interest you all if a hint of a scent I am picking up from three of you is correct," Betsy hissed translated by Harrison.

"What do you mean?" Harrison himself asked after translating her words to everyone.

"Helga had been researching on a way to help temper the madness that the Lupus Hominum or as they are called now Werewolf from an ancient curse placed on them by the Evil Sorceress Circe. I believe she achieved it before she died which means it should be in her journals or be passed on by her portrait," Betsy hissed at them.

"So Remus could be healed?" Sirius asked.

"If you mean he would no longer change into a wolf, sadly no but the cure, if memory serves, would transform it into something akin to an Animagus transformation," Betsy explained.

"I can see most Werewolves, sorry Lupus Hominum, eagerly accepting the cure. At least the ones I meet when traveling the world with my dad," Tom said. For while Fenrir Grayback may run his back ruthlessly, in most human Magicals eyes, the man had been searching for a way to cure them the whole time. Tom could recall the Alpha wolf regretting having to infect anyone else with the curse. Confiding in Tom that one of the few reasons he would do so was to heal the person of some illness that even the best Magical and Muggles could offer had no chance of curing for while the curse of the wolf was a life filled with pain it was still life that contained some hope for an overall cure.

"Then it may be a good idea to check out all the tomes before we hand them over to the Goblins. Maybe with some measures in place such as whoever reads the tome forgets it as soon as the book is put down." Severus said knowing what Tom was thinking.

"Maybe have someone else keep a list of things you want to find within them and be the one to take notes of them as well," Myrtle said.

"That is a great idea Myrtle," Sirius said smiling at her before turning to Binns. "What say you Cuthbert would you be willing to do that?"

"Yes we should also make a list of items to search for to limit the possible corruption as the reader reads only agreed-upon items," Binns said adding to some more protections as Sirius and Severus quickly agreed.

 

The group also found out from Betsy the location of Rowena's special rooms so they would not need to keep anything in the Chamber or rely on Harrison, Tom, or Binns to get them back into it. Once they got to the location Severus created a small bag in which he placed an undetectable expansion charm on them so one of them could take the Portraits to hand them up while he created another bag so Sirius could transfer the collection of Founder Journals to Rowena's room. With all the items stored in the bags and with Betsy thinking that was enough, they tried transferring her to Slytherin Castle. Wanting to keep the chamber behind the Salazar's mouth Binns closed it while Severus moved some of Betsy's shredded skin so it looked like she had long since died, especially with the random bones Sirius had moved into the skin. It was agreed that before they summoned the Governors to come to check out the Chamber the three teachers sent Tom and Harrison away, while Myrtle remained behind deciding to say she helped find the Chamber when they asked about her death.

 

Tom and Harrison decided that their adventures in the Chamber would not be shared with their Housemates, or their growing list of friends, something that both boys had actually been surprised about being generally loaners and introverts themselves. So rather than head back to the Slytherin Dorms, the pair decided to head to the Library to researched Soulmate bonds, as well as Animagus forms reaction to such bonds. Madam Pince was of course happy to help having come to enjoy the pair for their treatment to her beloved books. She handed them a couple of books entitled Magical Soulmates and Animagus Mates and What They Mean. The pair thanked her and headed off to one of the tables, Tom even getting her permission to set up Wards so that Granger, or anyone else. would not bother them. Placing the book before them the pair leaned over the first book to find out about Soulmates.

 

In the first chapter alone the book discussed various ways that Magicals could become Soulmates. Some reasons that Harrison enjoyed were of reincarnations of not only old lovers but in one case a person with so much magic when they were reborn their magic came to rest in two bodies Another reason that was cool was, while a little sad that happened between Magicals of different ages is that one got injured and was being taken care of by a Healer when the other was born, so that was being put down so the healer could work on them at the exact time the other was born. Tom told Harrison that this was not the reason they were Soulmates as when Harrison had been born Tom had been with his family somewhere in America. One told of old family alliances which performed a ritual that would create the bond in soon-to-be-born children. Though this was mostly done for families when one was moving to a different part of the globe in the hopes of the alliance would remain strong. Tom also nixed that one due to the fact that while Severus had been friends with Regulus there was no formal alliance between the Prince and Black lines.

 

Tom was figured the reason that the pair were considered Soulmates was due to a part of his Soul inhabiting Harrison's body during his youth before it was removed by the Goblins and returned to him. Not that he was going to tell Harrison that rather he let the younger male imagine it had something to do with them being bonded in a previous life, something that could neither be proved or disproved. With a desire to take Harrison's mind off of possible reasons for their bond, Tom marked a place in the book and pulled the other one forward. Seeing that there was a chapter dedicated to when people shared the same Animals when they transformed. Flipping to it they found the easiest way to determine who would be considered the sire and bearer if the Magicals decided to have children, as if one was a male form of an animal and which of one was female. Such as with Harrison's parents where James thought a male human's Animagus form had been a doe with Regulus being a stag. This did not really help Harrison and Tom since both their forms had been male, but the next part explained that a role was established if the Magical had the misfortune of letting their animal instincts take over. With that logic and with the memory of their time as Deer and how Harrison had curled up and let himself be groomed by Tom it showed that Tom was considered the Dominant or Alpha while Harrison was his Submissive or Omega. For a moment Harrison began to freak out a little worried about how his Uncles and Severus would not like the fact that he was an Omega. He jumped a little when Tom threw an arm over his shoulder and offered the other boy some comfort. Harrison gave a small sniffle as he leaned into the older male who just like when they had been in deer from had begun focus on the younger boy's hair as he ran his fingers through the black locks. Harrison rather than getting annoyed as he did when others touched his hair he let out a soft sigh and leaned further into the older boy nearly falling asleep. Seeing Harrison start to drift off Tom put a bookmark in the book and shift the smaller boy into his arms as he went to check out both books from the Librarian.

 

Tom was a little surprised when the Librarian not only let him take out both books but made no comment about Harrison who had succumbed to sleep in his arms. Putting the books in a bag and knowing about the map of the school Harrison usually kept on him Tom gently pulled it out to find a way back to Slytherin without running into anyone. Tom was surprised that no one seemed to notice him enter with Harrison in his arms. Tom hastily put Harrison into one of the lounge chairs near the door to find what was holding everyone's attention. "Tom where have you been? Marcus asked.

"Why what happened?" Tom asked back arching his eyebrows as he laid eyes on Salazar's Portrait hanging above the main fireplace in the room.

"A little over ten minutes ago Professor Snape came in and informed us that he and Professor Binns found all four of the Founder Portraits," Marcus explained. "He also said this is causing the Governors to come to check them all out, so we have to make sure to keep the Common Room tidy for a bit." Tom had to hide a smile seeing the plan to hopefully get Lucius to the castle so they could have him get to meet Buttons Dippet and added to the case against Dumbles.

Chapter 25: A Botched Beheading

Summary:

Harrison talks to the last of the Hogwarts Spirits as the Governors arrive and learns some interesting news.

Chapter Text

Harrison had finished the Philosopher's Stone and had moved onto Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets before Draco's Dad and a group of the Hogwarts' Governors had finally arrived to check out the Chamber. At nearly the same time Shelby Lesky arrived back at the school accompanied by a pair of Healers. One of the Healers had gone around to talk to the staff to give the thing to look out for in regards to her replacement arm. The second healer, Dumbledore had been informed, was to discuss the same thing with Madam Pomfrey. That was a lie for, ever since the elder Leskys had been taken to Azkaban a Healer had been trying to get in contact with the two elder children of the family to see if they were also being abused emotionally, psychologically, or physically by their parents as their youngest sibling had been; only for the Headmaster to for some reason block a healer each time. And since Madam Pomfrey had been keeping apprised of the case had offered to "discuss" with a healer so they could finally have a meeting with the older students. As the second Healer was meeting with Geordie and Terrance Lesky Madam Pomfrey would be working to find a Mind Healer to help Shelby deal with the trauma she had experienced.

 

Knowing that the Governor's party was going to take a couple of days to fully inspect the Chamber meaning Mr. Malfoy would be busy for a while Harrison decided now would be the good time to get in contact with the Spirit of Gryffindork House. Having heard from Percy that the spirit, Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, preferred to hang around one of the tower areas, which according to the book was where the Gryffindork's Common Room was located, Harrison knew it was more important than usual not to travel there alone. So this time he was not accompanied by his roommates, Cousin and Tom but also Vincent and Gregory. Spotting Spirit just wandering around one of the many empty classrooms that the school has Harrison asked if he would chat with them for a moment. As they headed into the room Tom cast a silent spell to make sure that no one was in the room other than themselves and the Spirit were in the room, due to how close they were to the Gryffindor's power base in the school. And since this was the last Spirit Harrison was talking to, even if other students had started to do it as well, he would not put it past Dumbles to have some way to track anyone who had come to talk to Nicholas. Forcing Tom to cast a silent spell that would block any tracking and spying spells placed on the Spirit.

 

"Ah I have been waiting for this for a while after my friend told me about this newest trend among you students, Nicholas stated. "Let me make a proper introduction I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington," the Spirit said bending down and removing his hat as his head came off until only a tiny bit of ghostly flesh connected it to his body. There was the sound of cracking knuckles as Vincent and Gregory looked at the almost headless spirit. "Oh I do apologize, my lads," Nicholas said putting his head back into place. "Now from what the Fat Friar has told me you have been asking around about how all us Spirits have either died or lived."

"Liar," Harrison said shocking everyone.

"I beg your pardon," Nicholas said sounding affronted.

"You say you heard about us from your friend, but you go to use the mean-spirited nickname of the Fat Friar rather using either his birth name of J.K. Peabody or his chosen name of Friar Tucker. I ask you would you be a friend with someone who would only call you, from what I recall the younger Weasleys call you of Nearly-Headless Nick?"

 

There was a moment of silence as the group of Slytherins looked between Harrison and the Spirit before to everyone's surprise Nicholas let out a deep belly laugh making his head almost come off again. "Ah, so you that group I see," Nicholas said using one of his hands to keep his head in place.

"That group?" Tom asked.

"Tucker, and yes I do call him by his chosen name, informed me that students had started to ask questions of us, but only one group had actually asked about his real name. as he did not inform me of who was in that group I did not know you would know his real name. Thank you for that, by the way, I have not seen him so happy in almost three hundred and forty-two years," Nicholas explained. "So what would you like to ask me?"

"You were informed correctly about what I have asking the other Spirits it seems obvious how you died, so I have to ask why would anyone basically try to chop your head off only to stop before they fully separated it from your body?" Harrison asked.

"Wow, you do not hold back do you?" Nicholas said with a laugh.

"I have been told I do not," Harrison said simply.

"Well you all might be a little young, with Tom being a possible exception, but as you learn about the Animagus transformation you will learn that sometimes something random happens," Nicholas said.

"What happens?" Theo asked with his normal unending thirst for knowledge.

"Sometimes when people let their form come naturally and they have a preexisting bond there is a chance for them to become what is known as Creature Mates," Nicholas said making Harrison and Tom's eyes widen a little but otherwise show no further emotion.

"Um not to be rude Mr. Mimsy-Porpingoon but what does this have to do with your death?" Vincent asked softly as if afraid of frightening the ghost.

"Ah just giving a little background information my lad," Nicholas said bowing to him, but not low enough that his head would come off again. "Well in my youth when I first shifting into my Animagus form I found out that one of my classmates by the name of Richard Solomon and I had such a bond. Doing some research about it we found out that according to our forms I was considered the dominant and he was the submissive. The thing is though is that this is not a permanent distinction. Some bonds that are formed during the youth in such an event can change where the Submissive becomes more Dominant or even sometimes their relationship ends. Such was the case between myself and Richard. Despite the bond that we had during the time where we first changed forms we grew apart from one another until I felt the relationship had ended naturally.

 

This was made clear to both of us when we had each started to date, other people. Now some sources stated that as a Submissive Richard could be a Bearer and due to our bond would only be able to have kids with me. This is untrue for as I said some Submissives become Dominants so that being a Submissive has no impact on being a Bearer. In fact, the only way a male can be a Bearer is by taking a Potion," Nicholas said unknowingly putting Harrison's mind at ease for he had been worried about the whole Submissive/Bearer thing since he and Tom had looked up Animagus Mates.

"If you both had moved on what does this all have to do with your death and how brutal it was?" Blaise asked after a moment of silence.

"Ah yes," Nicholas said with what looked like a Spirit's version of a blush "while it is true we had both moved on we had not shifted in our Dominant/Submissive preferences. It seems that Richard's new partner found out about our old bond. They were one that believed that Animagus Mates are for life and wanting to have kids with Richard they decided to get rid of me. I found out only after my execution that the man had been responsible for my death having blocked a spell I had cast to fix a Muggle woman's teeth. So rather than getting fixed, it caused the woman to grow tusk and outing me as a Magical.

 

Now that might not have been a problem for living at a time where most Magicals were taught various spells which we could use to prevent our deaths when Muggles randomly found us. However, Richard's new Dominant had made sure my wand was taken from me as I was taken into custody. The bastard even showed up dressed as my executioner where I was able to detect him putting a spell on the ax he used making it blunt," Nicholas said making all the listening Slytherin's wince a little.

"Ouch," Tom said rubbing the back of his own neck which started to hurt with sympathy pains.

"Yes, the Bastard took his time with my death prolonging it as he used forty-five blows to partially sever my neck. What was worse was that during one of the early blows the man "accidentally" ripped off the hood that had blocked my face letting me see Richard watching the events, with a horrified expression on his face, from the front row," Nicholas said.

"I hate to ask but what was the man's name?" Harrison asked.

"The Bastards' name was Delgado Masters," Nicholas said.

 

Harrison shocked everyone when the normally quiet boy suddenly swore. "Cousin?" Draco asked.

"It always comes back to him and his fucking family," Harrison said through gritted teeth as he clenched his hands into a fist. He was so angry that he lost control of his magic causing one of the desks within the room to be crushed as if it had been put through a trash compactor. While the others backed away with fear on their faces as if worried they might get the same having never seen Harrison lose control before. Tom, however, came forward and began to gently rub the younger boy's back which almost instantly calmed Harrison down.

"Whose family Harrison?" Tom asked gently still rubbing his back.

"I found out about them when I talked to Peeves. You see he had been changed from what he was meant to be, like he is now, by three students one of which also had the surname of Masters," Harrison explained.

"So?" Blaise asked.

"Well it seems that the Master's line through marriage leads into the Dumbledore line," Harrison said.

"I ask again so?" Blaise interjected.

"Alright, do you recall our talk with Friar Tucker about the Pied Piper spell?"

"Yes," all the Slytherins, apart from Tom, said still confused.

"Well, my Godfather, Uncle, and several members of the staff had been able to find a cure so the spell would not affect us anymore. However, a conversation, I heard between my Godfather and Uncle made it sound like the Pied Piper Spell is one passed down through the family line like one would find in a Grimoire," Harrison said

"And the Headmaster's family has it?" Draco asked horrified at the thought of that spell being used by the man who held various high positions of powers.  Especially with the man's views on anyone with a Dark Core, Creature blood, or even their Hogwarts House.

"It is more than that for it seems every single Spirit I have talked to apart from Friar Tucker had some sort of run-in with the man's family leading to their death," Harrison said making the entire group gulp wondering why Dumbledore and his family were doing all this for.

Chapter 26: A Hairy Solution.

Summary:

Harrison finally has enough with people messing with his hair.

Chapter Text

While the rest of the Governors were still doing a study and inventory of the Chamber of Secrets Draco's dad had been able to sneak away, under the pretense of spending some time with his Son. No one could even complain about it for the other Governors had also taken breaks from their work to be with their kids that were at the castle. What he failed to inform his fellow Governors was that he was spending the time with both Draco and Harrison as they meet with Buttons Dippet in his small corner of the library. Thanks to his knowledge about proper legal procedures for such events Lucius put in place the correct spells so that Button's testimony could be used against Dumbles.

 

Not wanting to interfere with Lord Malfoy's line of questioning Harrison just performed the introduction between the pair and had gone back to reading The Chamber of Secrets as both Malfoys listened to the tale of the young spirit. Once more he was able to spot some differences between his real life and the fiction of the novel. In the book, Draco's dad was shown to be a rather cold man and slightly threatening. Yet from what Harrison had seen of the man while extremely formal did care for his family. The man also differed from his book interpretation in that he did not care about a person's blood status as he showed when he had greeted Percy Weasley with a pleasant smile and handshake as they passed him on the way to see Buttons.

 

As Harrison read the book he found his biggest fear for the following year was not Bettys who was now safe and sound but Percy's little sister. Sure in the books she was an awkward girl who had a crush on him but with the Valentines she had sent him and her reaction to seeing the Diary in the book sent off warning flags for him. Having already read about what was in the Chamber so he could lead his Uncle and Godfather to it he knew that the Diary had some part in opening the Chamber, and with Harry and Ron going to the Chamber to rescue her. That plus reading about her almost sharing one of Percy's secrets showed that she was just like the rest of his friend's younger siblings who shared little respect for their older brother. But at least with his Uncle teaching D.A.D.A. and barring any unforeseen events, would still be there next year Harrison hoped he would not have to deal with Lockhart. The fact that Ronald's book counterpart considered the man useless spoke about Lockhart's ineptitude.

 

Harrison was about to properly read the chapter where Harry headed to the Chamber of Secrets when he was brought back to events as Lucius thanked Buttons and began to put his stuff away. "Thank you, Harrison," Draco's Dad said, "this will be rather useful in taking Dumbledore down once and for all." And much to Harrison's annoyance, the man ruffled his hair. Harrison was getting rather sick of people doing that. He had tried to use Wish Magic to make people unable to touch his hair, but either his Core had not yet developed that far or something prevented magic from affecting a person's hair. He had even gone to see the school barber/hairdresser after Draco mentioned it one day to see if they could help. What he had seen, however, was what looked like a normal hair salon with someone actually cutting and styling an older Hufflepuff student's hair. And while he had seen that they had potion bottles in the salon after asking Messer Alata, the hairdresser, Harrison was informed they were used to change a person's hair color or as shampoo/conditioners. Harrison had found it rather strange to think that with all the magic everyone had that simple Muggle means were used in dealing with people's hair.

 

He knew that Magic could be used on a person's hair due to that one time Petunia had basically shaved his head, apart from his bangs to cover up his scar, yet he had grown it all back in a night. He wondered if a person could affect their own hair but was unable to stop someone else from messing with it. For out of everyone he dealt with only Tom seemed to leave his hair alone with people ruffling it or in Draco's case trying to get Harrison to not use a hairband so he could style it for him. Even his Godfather was not immune to it having also ruffled his hair every once and a while when Harrison would stop by to chat over tea, thankfully never out in public like his Uncle tended to do.

 

It seemed that even in the books there was much to do about his hair with Harry as the only character in the story whose hair was described as a rat's nest while there were several students at the castle with similar wild hair, the Weasley Twins for instance. He also recalled that the few times he had appeared in Diagon Alley before he had drunk the Potion that slightly suppressed the Blood Adoption to his Godmother many people who had swarmed him would not have been close enough to see his scar. Meaning they had been the reaction to his hair color and his old rat's nest rather than seeing his famous scar. He wondered if that was the reason people would mess with his hair as if to see the scar, which had faded a little after his cleansing at Gringotts and had basically disappeared shortly after the Goblins had come to repair the school's Wards.

 

Maybe he should actually take a leaf out of Petunia's book and just chop it all off that way he could show everyone that his famous scar appeared to be utterly gone and have them just leave his hair alone. This would also save him some time having to reset his ponytail every couple of hours or whenever someone messed with his hair. The only thing he had to figure out was how to actually get it done. He doubted that either his Godfather or Uncle would approve of him getting his head shaved. Well, his Uncle might if he thought it was a prank. Harrison snapped his figures in inspiration as he bid farewell to Draco and his Father as he left the library.

 

Pulling out the Marauder's Map he activated the search function as he looked for Peeves. Spotting the Hogwarts Spirit a short distance away in an unused classroom, Harrison headed to catch him. Expecting Peeves to be writing some more limericks on the classroom's blackboard he was therefore shocked to see the Sprit floating before an elaborate Mirror that seemed out of place. In an instant Harrison knew what he was seeing, recalling his desire to find the Mirror of Erised to see if he would see the same thing Harry had seen in the book. "What do you see Mr. Peeves?" he asked making the playful Spirit actually start.

"You surprised me, my lad," Peeves said making his head turn around backward, to look at Harrison,

"I do apologize Mr. Peeves," Harrison said with a bow to the little man. "But I recognize that Mirror from my readings as something that shows ones' heats desire and just wondering what you would see it."

"That does make sense for it is strange to see them again," Peeves said taking out a polka-dotted handkerchief and blowing his nose, for once without a rude sound at the gesture.

"Who?" Harrison asked.

"Why the Founders my lad saying they are proud of me for the job I do," Peeves said puffing out his chest.

"I am sure they would be Mr. Peeves now that you are back to normal again," Harrison said with a smile.

"All thanks to you my lad," Peeves said bowing to him. "Now did you come to take a look as well or were you looking for me again?"

"Well I was looking for you wondering if you could help me out with something, but I can not deny the idea of what I would see does sound a little tempting," Harrison said taking a hesitant step forward.

"Well come on then see what you can see," Peeves said getting out of his way and allowing Harrison to stand before the Mirror. At once Harrison saw that for once the book and his real-life were aligned as he saw the men he had seen in the wedding picture in his Uncle's office. But rather than the rest of his possible family surrounding them, the pair was alone. After a few moments when the pair waved and sent silent signs of their love, the scene seemed to shift to that of the Chamber of Secrets where he and Tom were cuddled up together, though this time as humans rather than a pair of deers. Harrison could not stop a smile from coming to his face as his mirror self curled up against the older male's body, something that would cause him to blush a deep red if he did it in real life, as Tom wrapped his arms around him holding him close.

 

Harrison shook his head recalling a line from the book about people getting lost in the visions from the Mirror. While what it showed him was nice he knew it would be better if he was not found with the Mirror at all, though he figured it was safe as long as Peeves was in the room. "As I said earlier Mr. Peeves I had been looking for you so I could ask for some help,"

"Oh need help with a prank do you, my lad?" Peeves said with a delightful chuckle.

"In a way," Harrison said before explaining how tired he was with people messing with his hair.

"I see you want me to give you a potion so that they will get a shock anytime they touch it?" Peeves asked.

"No I want you to shave my head, well apart from my eyebrows that is," Harrison said. Evidently whatever Peeves had thought he was going to say that was not it for the Spirit looked utterly flabbergasted.

"Let me get this straight you are asking me to shave your head leaving you a cueball by your own choice?" Peeve asked to clarify it.

"Well maybe not that much off maybe leave me with an inch or something," Harrison said.

"Can I dye the fuzz?" Peeves asked steepling his fingers with a small cackle.

"What do you have in mind?" Harrison asked.

 

For once the other students did not pay any attention to him as he headed down to the Great Hall for supper that night with a slight spring in his step having to admit Peeves did some good work on his hair. He defiantly did not look like the picture of Harry that appeared on the books, not that he really had after getting new glasses with Uncle Vernon and the Potion he drank in his prep lessons. But now even his "normal" look was gone, for while he still had his thin rectangular glasses over his dark black eyes, his lightning bolt scar could only be seen if one knew to look for it. And his black hair kept in his usual ponytail had been cut down to just an inch in length and dyed a sunlight blonde color. Enjoying his new unknown look Harrison slipped into the Great Hall and his normal spot at the Slytherin table. Some of the older students gave him wary looks before with a shock realized who they were looking at. Some of them just rolled their eyes while Marcus could not help but chuckle when he recognized Harrison. At least no one asked the dumb question that Harrison had always hated after Petunia had forced him to get a haircut when he was younger, "Oh, did you get your hair cut?"
Thought this did not stop the questions as Draco sat down took one look at him and instantly knew who he was and asked, "What in the name, of Merlin and Morgana did you do to your hair?"

"I got sick of people messing with it so I got rid of it, oh I also dyed it since I also had that done as well," Harrison answered with a small smile running his hand over the top of his head and instantly liking the feel of it.

"Of all the..." Draco said seeming so thrown off by what Harrison had done he could not speak.

"Hey, it is good no one even seemed to notice me as I came down to supper which is nice since the other Houses despite all this time seem to possible about me as I pass," Harrison said.

"Well then I say a good job with it," Blaise said knowing how much Harrison hated all the attention he got. "Also I did not think I was such a trendsetter," he said running his own hand over his head which had the same amount of hair Harrison had though a deep midnight black.

"Yeah sure, you can think that if you wish Blaise," Harrison said with a laugh as he started to fill his plate.

Chapter 27: Growing evidence

Summary:

As Tom reacts to Harrison's haircut, Lucius goes over the evidence he has collected against the Headmaster.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Harrison just finished filling his plate when Tom arrived sitting down next to him. "What did you do to your hair?" the older male asked.

"Well obviously I saw something rather scary and it all fell out. That also explains how it changed color," Harrison asked doing his best not to look at Tom lest he blush to recall what he had seen in the Mirror of Erised.

"How droll Harrison, yes I get it is a standard question when one gets a haircut in the Muggle World, but seriously what did you do with your hair?" Tom asked.

"Why does it matter?" Draco asked. "I know why I care but so far you have not really struck me as that concerned with a person's looks, no offense."

"No offense taken, Draco," Tom said," the reason I ask is that I have read of a potion that can be used to take on a person's appearance. One of the most common items a Magical will add from a person to lead to the change of body is a person's hair. So I ask again what did you do with your hair?"

"As soon as the person who cut it all off we put it into a fireplace and burned it to ash," Harrison said. It had all been his idea having already read the chapter from the second book about Granger's counterpart brewing the Polyjuiice Potion and did not want anyone to use his hair to become him. He did not think it would fool his friends or a place like Gringotts but they could have someone mascarade like him and make it look like he was Ronald and Granger's friend. Or even worse asked for a resort knowing that Dumbls would use it as an excuse to get him sent to Gryffindor. The most likely scenario Harrison could come up with was the person using Polyjuice to become him to announce to the entire hall that he wanted a re-sort, but have it done privately so the Sorting Hat would not even be involved. The old bastard would then announce to the hall that "Harry" was not only been moved to Gryffindor but also his desire to be called Harry rather than his real name. While Harrison could easily deal with the name thing according to the Hogwarts bylaws only one resort would ever be permitted for a single student so there would no way for him to return to Slytherin. Though given the choice Harrison thinks he would rather just change schools but he would rather not have to.

"That was a very smart decision, Harrison," Tom said breaking into Harrison's thoughts as he placed a hand on the young boy's shoulder.

"Well I have also read of the Polyjuice Potion and I don't want anyone to pretend to be me," Harrison said shocking some of the older students.

"I am continually impressed by what knowledge you have gained from your reading," Tom said giving Harrison a wink reminding him that he had been able to see through the Glamour on the Harry Potter books and most likely asked Snape about them.

"Well, how else am I go gain knowledge, especially in the subject of Transfiguration," Harrison said to some laughter. Tom marveled at Harrison's observation of the class. Tom recalled his first time at Hogwarts where McGonagall was a Fourth Year student when he had started at the school. Even then the Witch had shown signs of being bigoted to Slytherins as well as anyone with a Dark Core, already seeming to be fully into the Headmaster's camp much like he had seen the youngest Weasley boy was when he had been sharing Quirrell's body. Knowing what type of person she had been during school and finding her as a teacher now Tom had researched how she had gotten the job knowing those like Lucius would never approve of her bullying methods to their kids during class. He had found out that McGonagall had basically been the Headmaster's first staffing hire after he took over his post and had worked a clause into her first contract that basically gave her instant tenure at the school. While Tom's contract, when he came in with Quirrell, was bare-bones and only lasted for one year, and from what Tom was able to see in Quirrell's memories from when the man had been the Muggle Studies Professors. The man's contract was also for one year at a time, with mentions of bonus pay would be given if a member of staff gave harsh detentions to any Slytherins or students that had a Dark Core. Thankfully it seemed that most members of staff refused to do this apart from Mcgonagall, Filch, and to some extent Hagrid.

 

As Harrison and his friends ate their lunches Lucius was in the room that had been provided for him to use while at Hogwarts. The Lord of the Malfoy family had put up the strongest Wards he could around the place to block out any form of spying or unwanted entry as he went over the growing case against Albus. Before the start of the current Hogwarts' term, he had gathered some small things to use against the man, but his evidence had grown since Harrison had gotten involved. The first new piece had come from Sirius' Black of all people who had informed Lucius after his trial that the person who had performed the Fidelius Charm had been none other than Albus himself, which means he had known all along Black had been innocent yet still sent the man to Azkaban. The next bit of evidence against the man had arrived after Severus, Sirius, and his own son had convinced Harrison to share a copy of his results of the test from the bank. Seeing that Albus had placed blocks, and possible Potions, though that would be hard to see as a test could only state when a potion was in someone's system not who had given it to them, on the boy was damning. Albus having placed enchantments on Harrison was all the more troubling for the man had been known to let people know that he was Harrison's Magical Guardian anytime anyone had asked where The-Boy-Who-Lived was before he came to Hogwarts. The only thing Lucius had thought missing from the results of the Gringotts test was the mention of any Marriage Contracts. Lucius was sure that neither James nor Regulus had made one for their son but the chances of someone using underhanded methods to get a child, or a full adult Magical attached to Harrison seemed unlikely he might have to talk to either Severus or Sirius to do a more complete search for such documents later. The only reason Lucius had not moved a case forward against the man at that moment was Harrison only really being famous in a small part of Europe, so while it could oust the man from Hogwarts and the Wizengamot there was a slight chance that Albus could still retain his position in the ICW.

 

The good thing was thanks, once again, to Sirius, Albus was losing power in the Wizengamot not only due to Lily's Legacy spreading the cure to the Pied Piper Spell, but also the man had taken his place as the Stewart for the Houses Harrison would one day led. Deciding not to cast either his own votes or Harry's himself Sirius had, with Harrison's permission, had allowed Narcissa to be their stand-in and cast their votes for the Gray Party. As the lines they controlled had great power in England this shifted the balance in the Wizengamot away from the Light Cored Party to the Gray. With the Light no longer in the majority, Albus had lost his place as Chief Warlock to Lord Jacob Scamander. One of the first things Lord Scamander had done was to start dismantling many anti-creature laws that had come into being during Albus's tenure as Chief Warlock.

 

Lucius had also collected some evidence that may have seen insignificant to his plans but showed how much the man was messing with Harrison's life. When Sirius had come to see him and Narcissa about Dumbledor's ability with the Pied Pieper ability Narcissa had asked about the pile of books the man had with him. Sirius had told them that Harrison had wanted to find out what had been written about him so Sirius had gone out to buy some of the stories. Having never allowed his son to get any of the books himself this was the first time Lucius had seen any of them. While they all had different authors, illustrators, and even genres from what Lucius could see all books seemed to have the same Publisher mark on them. After Sirius had left Lucius had not wanted to think about Albus having access to sway the majority of people with just his voice so distracted himself by researching the Harry Potter books. What he found shocked even him for it seems that every single book that had been published had gone through the same publishing company, The Pelican Brief. While that was not all that shocking, Lucius uncovered that they only published Harry Potter books, and with some further digging the person, or group who owned the company turned out to be a shell company with the name of the Bird Fund. Lucius recalled hearing the name years ago from Severus and after a quick trip to the Pensive was able to see that it was a name Albus gave to his vigilante organization in official documents. An organization that had been worked outside of Ministry Law to face off against the Death Eaters in the last war. It was actually thanks to some of their tactics which were not approved by normal law officers that allowed some of the more dangerous followers of the Dark Lord to go free. Which had lead Lucius himself have to get involved to send them to Azkaban for stepping out of line and against Tom's real plans.

Lucius of course had the scans he and Narcissa had taken from their fellow members of the Wizengamot that showed they had been under the influence of the Pied Piper ability. The only problem was that just like the Gringotts test when it revealed Potions in the system, the scans they had taken only showed that the person had been affected not who had done it. So while it was useful to know as they could not yet link it to Albus it would be unable to be used against him at this time, unless they could prove he was the only one who had such an ability. From a letter Lucius had gotten from his son before arriving at Hogwarts, he had learned about Draco and the others going around talking to the Hogwarts' Spirits. In the letter, Draco had told of a bit of information Harrison had shared with everyone after meeting the Gryffindor House Spirit that talked about how almost all the Spirits had been connected to Albus's family which had all lead to their death. The fact that all of the Spirits had all gathered at Hogwarts with that common factor was rather fascinating, but what was worse was that several of the Spirits talked about possibly being under the influence of the Pied Piper before their deaths showing it was a spell that most likely in the Dumbledore Family Grimoire or possible an inherited skill of the line. If it was learned from the Grimoire it would be easier to trace but if the Pied Piper was an inherited magical skill it could mean anyone from that line might have it. Unfortunately was due to how far back some of the stories from the Spirits were from the family itself could be expansive and Lucius only knew two of the mainline at this time with Albus and his brother who ran the pub.

 

Wanting to see if Aberforth Dumbledore also had access to the Pied Piper on the first night that the group sent to check out the Chambers had been at Hogwarts Lucius had gone to the Hogshead for a drink. He saw he was not the only one who had his hood up as everyone apart from Aberforth and Hagrid in the place did. Seeing no sign of Albus in the place Lucius had run some discreet scans on the patrons of the pub to see if any of them had been affected by the Pied Piper. He was able to find at least three patrons, one of which he recognized, by the smell and small lumpy cloak he was using as Mundugus Fletcher. The thing was Lucius knew Mundugus was Albus's man in all things dealing with the black market in England knowing the man sent Mudugnus to make his deals in such situations rather than himself. Another person who was shown to be positive of Pied Piper's influence was a man gambling with Hagrid who over the course of the game, that Lucius watched at least, seemed to be losing to the large man. Lucius had to assumed that was either why they were under the influence or they saw Hagrid as a perfect mark for the large man had no poker face whatsoever. Lucius almost stepped in when he saw the affected Magical place a wager on a hand using a real dragon egg but did not want to reveal himself or explain what he was doing there. When he did return to Hogwarts later Lucius did send a message to the Department that looked after Magical Creatures so they could look into the matter further.

 

The last patron who had scanned positive was the one sitting at the bar and had been getting drinks right from Aberforth, but as Lucius could not identify the person due to their cloak he could not see if they had been enchanted by Albus or the bartender. The only way Lucius could think of to test it would be feeding the patron some Pied Piper cure and seeing how Aberforth reacted, but like most places, the Hogs Head did not approve of any outside food and drink. If he had not already taken the cure to the Pied Piper ability Lucius would have gone up there himself. Still wondering how to test to see if the person at the bar had been enchanted by Albus or his brother the door to the pub opened and evidently a friend of the person at the bar showed up as they headed right to the stool next to the other person. Lucius quickly scanned them and saw that the newcomer had no evidence of the sighs of Pied Piper in their system. A while later after the newcomer had ordered a couple of drinks Lucius scanned again and saw that the person now had signs of Pied Piper being used on them. Knowing that Albus was so arrogant he would never hide, thus his reliance on people like Mundugus, the newcomer could only have the Pied Pier being used on them by Aberforth. Having seen enough Lucius left the Hogs Head thinking they might have to get a Lily's Legacy into Hogsmead as well since Aberforth could also use the magical ability.

 

"Or maybe not," Lucius thought to himself as he headed to the Three Broomsticks to talk to Madam Rosmerta. "Hello Julie how has your night been?" he asked the woman.*

"Hello, Lucius it has been rather slow tonight actually. You know it is strange to see you here on a night no board meeting is taking place," Rosmerta said.

"Well, some of the board have been called into the school. It seems that a group of people had discovered the Chamber of Secrets," Lucius said leaning in as if sharing a big secret.

"Ah, I thought I heard mention of something like that recently," she said with a smile as she worked on cleaning some of her cups. "So what can I get you tonight? Your usual?"

"Actually no, I recently received a letter from my son about how the day after Samhain the students were given a Muggle treat known as a Milk Shock," Lucius said purposely misnaming it.

"I see, I am afraid they did not get it from me, and they are called Milkshakes," Rosmerta said.

"Ah, yes that was the name. Well anyway having seen how much the students had enjoyed them my wife's cousin Sirius Black decided to start a business to sell them. He actually approached me to see if I wanted to be a partner in his endeavor. To tell the truth I might have said no if my own son had not sung the praises of these Milkshakes. I was thinking would you be willing to sell some of the items from Sirius's business in your place, at cost mind you," Lucius said.

"I don't know Lucius I think I do a good job with my Butterbeer," Rosmerta said.

"And I get that Julie, but from what I heard the students, even those who have come to Hogsmead, and thus have had your Butterbeer, could not get enough of the Milkshakes. How about you can have fifty-five percent of all sales of any items from Sirius's company. I know for a fact he is actually trying to sell the items mostly at places like the Ministry, though Narcissa has informed me he has been in talks to see if St. Mungos would be willing to let him set up a small shop there as well.

"He is not selling enchanted food, is he? Rosmerta asked.

"You have my promise he is not. That was one of the reasons he came to me as he knew that his history of a prankster would work against him in such a venture. No, his products included milkshakes, cookies, muffins, and a selection of flavored Muggle coffees. If you wish since I am staying at the school I can see if he can make some samples for you to try to see if they live up to your high standards," Lucius offered.

"I guess," Rosmerta said checking her reservation book, " I have nothing going on in two days you both can come then."

"You want me to put up with Black during this?" Lucius asked adding some fake annoyance to his voice.

"Yes if you want to sell in my place I want to see you both at the same time to make sure this is not some elaborate prank from Sirius," she said.

"Very well, I will bring him and a selection of our items for you to check out," Lucius said as he pushed himself away from the bar and left the restaurant.

 

Sirius had been shocked when Lucius told him of the meeting to see if Rosmerta would sell Lily's Legacy products in the Three Broomsticks before Lucius explained his reasoning with finding out Aberforth also could use the Pied Piper ability. Sirius had instantly agreed and got started on getting some items ready for tasting for even if Rosmerta decided not to enter into an agreement with them she would at least be given the cure so that neither Albus nor Aberforth could use the Pied Pier on her. That meeting was to happen later this day as Lucius looked over the latest piece of evidence against Ablus the testimony of Button Dippet. Having used the proper Spells, Charms, and procedures for a Spirit's testimony, one of which made sure the Spirit was telling the truth Lucius thought he had finally enough to not out oust Albus from his positions both at Hogwarts and abroad but also a high chance of getting the man arrested and sent to Azkaban as well.

Notes:

* Since Rosmerta does was not given a first name in the book or movie I used the actress who played her in the movie's first name.

Chapter 28: The First Yule

Summary:

Harrison, Vernon, and Dudley have their first Magical Yule.

Notes:

I have decided to have Harrison change the color of his hair every once and a while so people will not get too used to it.

Chapter Text

While Lucius had gathered numerous bits of evidence due to the heavy caseload for the time of year he knew that getting to use it against the old fool would happen no sooner than the start of the next year. Not even wanting to submit the evidence yet lest one of the man's pawns get their hands on it he decided to submit it after the new year started. Putting the evidence aside Lucius started to make plans for the Yule, having been shocked to get invited to a celebration at Blacks.

 

Harrison had fun riding back to Kings Cross with his friends. The only people who were missing were Neville, who stayed behind not wanting to spend the holidays with his family, and Tom who thanks to Severus having to stay had nowhere else to go. Harrison could understand Neville's desires as the stories he had heard from the other's family made Petunia seem like a nice person. Though Harrison was a little surprised at how much he already missed Tom though understanding him staying behind as well.

 

Just like on the ride to the castle Harrison was dressed in the appropriate clothing for the place he was going, this time in one of the Muggle outfits Uncle Vernon had gotten him two days after his last birthday, though due to having no heavy Muggle clothing he had thrown a winter cloak over them to stay warm. Harrison was really looking forward to the holiday even if it meant he would not see his friends until they returned to Hogwarts. The only downside of the whole thing was that the week before he had been accosted multiple times by Dumbles and Professor McGonagall both of who tried to get him to stay at Hogwarts for some obscure reason. It took Harrison talking about it to his Uncle and Godfather to get them to back off. His Uncle Vernon had also informed him that he had a surprise for Harrison, even more so than the news that the divorce between him and Petunia was finalized and that Petunia and Mrs. Figg had been unable to live with one another after a month.

 

As they arrived at Kings Cross Harrison wrapped his cloak tightly around himself as he stepped off his train, he had to smile seeing that one of the Lily's Legacy pop-up shops had set up on the platform. Looking around Harrison knew that he was going to have to find his Uncle Vernon and Dudley on his own as he had wanted to surprise them with his haircut so had not told them about it. His smile got bigger as he saw his uncle drinking out of a cup with Lily's Legacy logo on the side as Dudley was eating a muffin also from the shop. Harrison knowing the truth about the products the shop offered was glad, for though he was not sure if his Uncle or Dudley had ever been affected by the Pied Pieper from Dumbles he would not put it past the man, especially with Petunia now fully out of the way.

 

With a smile on his face, Harrison started to walk towards them his hood down to not hide his hair from them. He was only halfway there when a strange redheaded girl stepped into his path. "Harry, what have you done to your hair?" the redhead asked actually reaching to touch the now couple of inches of green hair on his head.

"Do I know you?" Harrison said leaning away from her hands.

"Silly, from what I heard you are best friends with my brother. After you apologized for bullying him and decided to come to spend the holidays with us. Don't worry I am sure my mom can give you a potion that will regrow your hair and return it to normal," the girl said getting on her tiptoes as she bent forward still trying to reach his hair.

"I have no idea what you are talking about I am spending the holidays with my family," Harrison said taking a few steps away from the girl.

"Oh come on Harry why would one want to spend the Yule with Muggles when you could come to Romania with me," the girl said finally stop trying to touch his hair rather she began to rapidly blink her eyes at him in what he assumes she thought was a flirty manner.

 

"Ginny, what are you doing?" a voice called, "how many times have I told you not to wander off?"

"Don't worry Mum I was just coming to introduce myself to Harry," the girl said bringing Harrison's guard up recalling the personality she had in the books of having a crush and a slight stalker to "Harry."

"Oh, hello Harry, I am Ron's mother I have heard so much about you," a redheaded somewhat plump woman said smiling down at him. "I heard from my baby that you have apologized for how you treated him earlier this year and have agreed to come with us to see my son Charlie in Romania," she said reaching forward and placing a hand on his shoulder, and began to turn him away from his family.

 

Thankfully his Uncle Vernon having known him as Harry for so long easily was able to pick up Percy's mother and sister using it. "Madam, I ask you to take your hand off my nephew," Uncle Vernon said coming over.

"Who are you?" the redheaded woman asked, which thanks to his readings, Harrison knew was Molly Weasley.

"I am Harrison's Uncle Vernon and by the look of it you are trying to force him to leave with you," Vernon said placing one beefy hand on the shoulder Molly was no holding.

"Hello Uncle, Dudley," Harrison said smiling at them.

"Harrison you cut and dyed your hair," Dudley said sounding a little jealous.

"A couple of times actually," Harrison said, "so how is Smeltings?"

"Alright, though I made the mistake of putting some names from the books you got me over the summer into a paper," Dudley said making him and Harrison laughing a little.

"As you see Madam, Harrison is a part of my family so if you would please remove your hand," Vernon said with a small smiling seeing that his son and Harrison were getting along something he had worried about around Harrison's birthday.

"But he agreed to spend the Yule with my son, who is his best friend, as our family goes to see one of my older kids," Molly said still with her hand on Harrison's shoulder.

"Is that true Harrison did you promise to spend Christmas with... I am sorry are you Blaise, Draco, or Theo's mother?" Vernon asked which caused her to tighten her grip on Harrison's shoulder.

"I thankfully am not from one of those evil families I am Molly Weasley," Molly said.

"Ah I know Harrison is friends with young Percy but from the letters I have gotten from him over the term his best friends are Blaise, Theo, and his cousin Draco," Vernon said as he began to look around for a platform guard since Molly still had not let go of Harrison's shoulder while Ginny was trying to catch Harrison's eye.

 

While Vernon did not see any platform guards his looking around was noticed by Percy who rubbed his eyes and got his father's attention. "What's up Perc?" Arthur asked.

"Mom is causing trouble," Percy nodded at his mother and little sister who were too close to Harrison and what he assumed was his young friend's family. Arthur looking over and saw his wife holding some young boy's shoulder.

"Look after everyone for a moment I will go take care of it," Arthur said patting his eldest son still at Hogwarts shoulder and going over to his wife. "Molly what is going on?" he asked stepping forward.

"Hello Arthur, I was just telling this Muggle that I had received a letter from Harry here that he wanted to spend the Yule with us," Molly said.

"Molly, Sirius came to talk to us about this," Arthur said in an exacerbated tone. "His name is not Harry, it is Harrison, and he does not look like he wants to come along but spend the time with his family." Arthur then turned and apologized to Harrison, and Vernon as he leads his wife and daughter away.

 

"So you ready for Christmas, Harrison?" Dudley asked as they left the platform to avoided any further meetings with interfering Magicals. Veron had to smile at the pair of boys chat proud of his son, for as the pair of them had waited for the train to arrive they had heard several people on the platform wanting to greet Harrison and ask about his real family.

As the group approached Vernon's car Harrison gave a sound of shock, to find Mr. Lupin leaning against the vehicle. "Mr. Lupin what are you doing here?" Harrison asked.

"Well that is part of your surprise," Uncle Vernon said. "A little bit ago your Uncle invited us over to his home for the Holidays. Mr. Lupin is here to lead us to his place, so we would not have to Apparate?" Vernon asked Lupin to see if he had used the right word and got a nod from the man.

"You mean we get to see a Magical home, and experience a holiday there?" Dudley asked excitedly.

"Yes Dud, it was also a surprise for you as well," Vernon said smiling down at his boys.

"Awesome," Dudley said as he eagerly climbed into the seat behind Mr. Lupin as Harrison took the one behind Vernon. During the drive, Harrison and the Dursleys explained what had happened on the Platform, since Mr. Lupinn had not gone there in case someone freaked out due to him being a Werewolf. Harrison also explained to Uncle Vernon and Dudley about his hair and why he had changed it.

 

Under Mr. Lupin's direction, Uncle Vernon drove the car to Harrison's uncle's place which turned out to be a three-story house on the outskirts of London. "You know this is quite close to my work," Vernon said as he parked his car.

"Is this it?" Dudley asked as he exited the car and was told to collect his suitcase from the car's trunk.

"It is bigger than our house Dudley," Harrison said getting his school trunk from the back.

"Yeah but I was expecting something magical about it," Dudley said with a small whine.

"Well, we can't show that on the outside," Mr. Lupin said, "we have to make sure the neighbors don't know so the magic lies within." Hearing this Dudley quickly pulled his suitcase up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Rather than just a simple two-tone note of music, a bit of Beethoven's fifth played for a moment before the door opened to reveal Sirius dressed in black leather pants and a Pink Floyd shirt.

"Hello, you must be Dudley, come in, come in. Hello again Vernon," Sirius said moving aside letting them all in.

 

As Harrison, Dudley, and Vernon stepped into the place they all stopped taking in their first Magical Home. Vernon saw that for the most part, it looked rather like #4 though using candle-lit laps rather than light bulbs or signs of electricity at all. Vernon expected his son to complain that there was no TV but Dudley was fascinated as he saw what looked to be a picture of someone wave at them in greeting.

"Welcome to my home," Sirius said, "bedrooms are up the stairs on the first floor. I tried to make sure nothing too dangerous is lying about, but in case I missed something I have cast a Ward that will block it from your senses. Let's see each bedroom has its own bathroom but all public bathrooms are behind a green door so they should be easy to find. Now according to Remus and Harrison, both of you have found that you enjoy some of our books the library is on the third floor behind a yellow door. Once more I have placed a Ward to prevent you from taking out any book that the Ministry has not approved of for Muggles to read. I had been one to be against such rules but having spent ten years in Azkaban I am not willing to take a chance so I beg your forgiveness. The dining room is on this level," Sirius said pointing at a set of double doors off one side of the hall. You do not have to worry about cooking for that is done by my family's team of House Elves. Speaking of which one of them wishes to meet you, Harrison, he was your Father's personal Elf before he vanished."

 

As Sirius said this a small pop was heard leading Harrison, Dudley, Vernon to turn to see a small creature with large half-lidded eyes and a set of bat ears arrive into the room. "Master Harrison," the strange creature said as without warning rushed forward, with tears in its eyes, and hug Harrison around his middle.

"Harrison this is Kreacher and he is a House Elf," Sirius said.

"Um, hello Kreacher it is nice to meet you," Harrison said causing the elf to start to wail. "Did I do something wrong?" Harrison asked looking between Sirius and Mr. Lupin.

"Not at all Harrison. You see as your Father's personal Elf he has a stronger bond with you than any other member of the Black family. And with myself, and most members of our family not being around that much his bond was weak so he is gaining strength from you. As for the wail you see not every Magical treat Elves as equals but as slaves," Sirius explained.

"Oh, you mean as the Malfoys did with Dobby?" Harrison asked.

"Wait Malfoy like your cousin?" Vernon asked confused.

"Not quite," Harrison said turning to Uncle Vernon as he awkwardly patted Kreacher's back. "Should I tell him?" Harrison asked Sirius.

"You can, I also have place Wards that will prevent anyone from somehow spying on us at all," Sirius said.

"Tell me what?" Vernon asked.

"Well it all started when I heard about books that had been written about me so after Uncle Sirius had been exonerated I asked for him to pick me up some copies of them," Harrison said shocking Vernon who while knowing that his adopted nephew was famous in the Magical World had never thought would have books talking about him. "Well besides picking up every book he found in the store he went to Mr. Lupin gave him three special books which had been found in a place where Magicals were somewhat forbidden to go. Rather than tell of my "growing up" the three books told stories about my time at Hogwarts, but wrong," Harrison explained.

"Wrong in what way like you were born a girl or something?" Dudley asked.

"Well no but for instance, it had Uncle Vernon taking a more active role in Petunai's punishments to me, I had been sorted into Gryffindor, and I really was best friends with the Weasley in my year. Much like Molly was spouting on the platform," Harrison said. "If you want you can check out the first two books I have already finished with them," Harrison said opening his trunk and pulling out said books, and letting Sirius take off the Glamour that was on them.

 

Vernon reached out with one meaty hand and took the book entitled Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets before he began to flip through it. Vernon shook his head seeing his name written in the book telling Harrison to stay in his room and make no noise and pretend to not even exist in a chapter called the Worst Birthday. After a couple more flips he found himself reading about this book Vernon putting bars on Harry's windows and locking the boy in his room. "This is horrible," Vernon said closing the book with a snap.

"We agreed which is why we had Harrison read them to see all the inconsistencies between these books and real life, and so far what he has uncovered is not good," Sirius explained showing both Dursley a multi-page list of differences just between the first book and Harrison's real life.

"Is there a way to sue whoever is responsible for these books," Vernon asked going over the list. "Or do something about this McGonagall person?" he asked seeing the woman mentioned multiple times on the list for her mistreatment of Harrison.

"Well the husband of my cousin and business partner is doing so at the moment but nothing can be done until after January third," Sirius said a strange look coming to his face.

"Though you could talk to him about McGonagall as he is also a member of the Hogwarts Board of Governors."

"How would I know him, or does your business have a head office I could schedule an appointment at?" Vernon asked.

"Well no, the business we have gone in together with is a chain of pop-up stores called Lily's Legacy. But I have invited him as well as several families of Harrison's friends to my Yule Ball," Sirius said.

"Yule Ball?" Dudley asked confused.

"You run Lily's Legacy?" Vernon asked.

"Well running it is a strong word. I mostly came up with the idea and menu of it Lucius is the one who technically runs it."

"That is fascinating I had wondered about that you know when I saw it on the platform for there was no such place during our trips to Diagon Alley or anyone who sold iced coffee or milkshakes," Vernon said sounding rather impressed with the younger man.

"Yeah, I had no idea they would be so popular, to tell the truth," Sirius said with a slight blush before he finally turned to answer Dudley's question. "Yes Dudly a Yule Ball, think of it as a Christmas party where friends gather to have fun just with a lot more dancing."

"Will I be expected to dance?" Dudley asked feeling rather self-conscious about his weight.

"Not if you do not want to, the same applies to your father. I have to dance due to it being my Ball and Harrison as a member of my family will have to dance at least one time as well," Sirius said hearing his nephew let out a small groan. "Don't worry we can teach you how to do it," Sirius assured him.

 

The time at Sirius's House which Harrison and the Dursleys learned was named Padfoot's Dog House, something that made Sirius, Harrison, and Mr. Lupin laugh. was rather fun for Harrison and his adopted uncle and cousin The Dursleys did not get the joke leading Dudley to asked why the three Magicals laughed about the name. Sirius explained about his Animagus form, and due to their knowledge of the Magical World even showed it to them, letting them in on the joke. Vernon had loved to find that all the tales his now ex-wife had told him about the horrors and inheritance evilness of magic was just not true as he explored the place and even got to know some of the House Elves. And as he had seen when he pulled up to the place his company was rather close letting him drive over to check in on the few people working at the time. Saving some money on gas to reach Grunnings which let him surprise his workers with a small Christmas dinner for them.

 

Harrison meanwhile was taught how to dance and got to know Kreacher who would often tell him tales about his father. This made Harrison rather happy for while he had been able to find some school records on Regulus he had been unable to get many stories about his Sire's time at Hogwarts. On the night before the planned Yule/Christmas celebration, Sirius had planned Kreacher had appeared to Harrison to ask if it was alright if he could become his Personal House Elf as he had been not only for Regulus but also numerous members of the House of Black for over ten generations. Harrison agreed to make Kreacher give him another tight hug as he went to the kitchens to make Harrison some of his favorite food in thanks. When Uncle Vernon heard of this he talked to Harrison about it trying to find out more about House Elves for the only book he had been able to read about them, unfortunately, were the Harry Potter books. Harrison explained that House Elves were not slaves but were in a more symbiotic relationship with Magical Humans where the Elf would take care of the human so that they might feed off all excess magic humans normally gave off without even realizing it. Modified Vernon thanked him before he actually tucked Harrison into bed for the night wishing him pleasant dreams.

 

As Sirius had planned for both Christmas and the Yule Ball to be on the same day to let Harrison and the Dursleys experience both, Harrison was woken up by Dudley telling him to come down and see all the gifts under the Christmas Tree. Knowing he would get some gifts this year Harrison could not stop beaming as he pulled on his dressing-gown and followed after Dudley. He had been right for there were two stacks of gifts laid out for both boys. Seeing his name on one of the boxes Harrison headed to that pile as Dudley settled into place before his own pile. Sirius, Vernon, and Remus, who had finally given both Harrison and Dudley permission to use his first name, just sat back and watched the two open their gifts drinking mugs of hot cocoa. While Dudley had gotten fewer gifts than he normally did he did not throw a fit as he used to as he gladding unwrapped some more Magical books about Goblin Wars and even a replica of some Goblin heroes from some of the wars themselves. Harrison had gotten numerous books from his friends, Godfather, and Uncle Sirius. But it was only when he opened the last gift that he realized that Uncle Vernon had not given him anything. He could not help but feel a stab of pain from it making him think of all his other birthdays and Christmasses. "Ah don't look so down Harrison I got you something," Vernon said seeing the look of disappointment on the boy's face. "As you wrote to me around Halloween about the Get Better Bear I realized that I had never seen you keep one and talking to Dudley he informed me Petunian always destroyed your bears so to make it up to you I got you a bear," Vernon said getting up from the couch and grabbing a package from behind it. Harrison was astonished as the gift was huge and almost half as tall as Harrison was. Pulling it out Harrison had tears in his eyes for Uncle Vernon had even dressed the bear in a small robe, had given it a "wand," and even seemed to have stitched a lightning bolt on its forehead. Harrison gave Uncle Vernon a tight hug which was returned just as tight, even lifting Harrison off his feet. Harrison then asked if Sirius could add the bear to his Charm bracelet. Dudley and Vernon looked on in wonder as the large bear was shrunk to a size small enough to fit on Harrison's bracelet. Remus then said now that Harrison had two charms spells could be added to them for his protection. Smiling Harrison had Sirius and Remus make Uncle Vernon's gift into a Portkey so that if he needed it would send Harrison home. While to Tom's bear he had them put on a charm that would block most minor jinxes and curses, that were not cast during classes.

 

During Christmas lunch, Sirius revealed that he, Vernon, and Remus had also gotten gifts. With Sirius getting a motorcycle helmet from Vernon and a new leather jacket from Remus. Vernon had gotten a comprehensive book on Muggle to Magical Money from Remus, while Sirus had given him a game called Magic or Muggle. Remus had gotten a Muggle reference book from Vernon, and a multi-month supply of his potion from Sirius. Harrison had to smile knowing the potion really was from his Godfather Severus who had only done it after Sirius had asked him to and given him puppy dog eyes. After lunch, the group spent a couple of hours playing Magic or Muggle before they started to get ready for the ball.

 

Harrison, Sirius, and Remus put on some new Dressrobes, while Vernon and Dudley put on some clean suits as they waited for the guest to arrive. Harrison saw that rather than a Christmas tree the main feature of the room where the ball was set seemed to be a large log burning with a magical green and gray flame. Harrison was able to introduce all of his close friends to his Uncle Vernon and Dudley. This had actually surprised Harrison for he had not expected Neville nor Tom to show up but when Severus turned up he had brought them. Harrison seeing Tom had wanted to run to the older boy's arms but refrained himself as he introduced the Third Year student to Uncle Vernon and Dudley.

 

When it came time to start the dancing, only Dudley and Vernon were surprised as Sirius asked Severus to be his partner. Harrison watched Uncle Vernon and Dudley's expressions seeing how they would take it that Sirius was dancing with another man. For though it would break his heart to see a look of disgust on their faces he would try not to upset them having come to love his relationship with the pair, and would dance with Pansy or a female classmate rather than Tom who he really wanted to dance with.

 

Thankfully neither of them had much reacted after the first shock as Vernon had returned to his talk with Draco's dad about Professor McGonagall's treatment of Harrison while Dudley sent covert looks at the group of Harrison's female classmates who had come to the ball. Thinking he would help his cousin out Harrison gently guided the other boy over to them and introduced him to the girls. Before his last birthday, Harrison would have laughed to see Dudley acting so demure and tongue-tied, but now he just smiled as Pansy said her greetings and to Dudley's surprise pulled him onto the dancefloor. Harrison watched the pair for a moment seeing Pansy direct Dudley on where to place his hands as she tried not to wince when he accidentally stepped on her feet. Seeing Dudley gain more confidence and start to take an active part in the dance Harrison went in search of Tom to ask if the older boy would not mind dancing with him.

 

Harrison was shocked he did not pass out in embarrassment as he asked Tom to dance with him blushing the entire time. Tom had just smile at him and lead him onto the dancefloor to start dancing. Tom quickly took control of their dance as he spun Harrison around a little letting the young boy see who else was dancing now. Harrison had to smile seeing Uncle Vernon doing a very proper two-step with Draco's mom while Dudley danced with Daphnee Greengrass, Sirius of course was still dancing with Severus.

 

As the night went on Harrison had only danced with Tom while he had seen Uncle Vernon dance with various mothers of his friends, while Dudley ended up dancing with all of Harrison's female classmates, but also Theo. Dudley had confessed later to Harrison that he had done so after reading about Theo from Harrison's letters and wanted to find out if Theo could recommend any further books for Dudley to read. Harrison was not sure he believed him for he was sure he had spotted Dudley at one point with his head on Theo's shoulder. When asked about it Dudley admitted that he found both males and females attractive, which Harrison saw as the reason neither he nor Uncle Vernon would have had an issue with him dancing with Tom or Sirius dancing with Severus.

Chapter 29: Harrison's Yule Gift

Summary:

Before heading back to Hogwarts for the second term of his First-Year Harrison learns the start of the story of his Parents' relathionship.

Notes:

The majority of this chapter will be told through parts of the journal entries of James and Regulus. I will not be italicizing them like I normally would but will clearly state at the end of each entry whose journal it is from.

Chapter Text

As the Yule Ball ran down and the guest began to leave Harrison did not want to say goodby to Tom having missed the older student something awful the last few days. As if sensing what was going on in his mind Tom leaned down and kissed him to his forehead and said, "Don't worry Harrison we will see each other again in a couple of days." As that was the first time Tom had kissed him, unknowingly giving him a return kiss that Harrison had given him while he had been in bear form months ago, Harrison blushed as the other walked away to leave with his Godfather.

 

"You alright Harrison?" Sirius asked coming over and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I really like him," Harrison said simply knowing his Uncle would understand since he knew about their Animagus forms and what they had meant.

"You really are like your dad, Harrison," Sirius said as he used his hand on his nephew's shoulder to lead him out of the room. "I know I had gotten you a Christmas gift, but I have a Yule gift to give you as well."

"You did not have to do that Uncle," Harrison said with a slight blush have never received so many gifts before.

"What kind of kid turns down free stuff," Sirius joked a little as he sat Harrison in a comfy armchair. "Plus you can think of this as less of a gift and more of turning over something that belongs to you." Sirius then took out two shrunken books from one of his Dressrobe pockets placing them in Harrison's lap before he regrew them. As usual, when a new book was placed before him Harrison took a quick look inside. He gasped as he read the inside cover for both books told that they were the journals of James Potter and Regulus Black from when his parents had been at school. "I thought after having to read those Harry Potter books you might like to take a look at your dad and papa's time at school. It seems that both the Blacks and the Potters had the same old custom where when a child headed to Hogwarts they were given a journal to fill in for their time at the castle. You can start at the beginning but I have also, with Kreacher's help marked out some passages that spoke of James and my brother's interaction with each other," Sirius said making Harrison notice for the first time some tag sticking out both books. Both had some tag near the front of the book but were almost attached to every page near the end of the book. Harrison hugged both books tightly to his chest, tears in his eyes before he got out of the armchair and hugged his Uncle.

 

September 1, 1971

 

Well, Mum and Dad gave me a journal and told me to write in it about my thoughts and feelings about my time at Hogwarts. To be honest I am rather scared with how old Mum and Dad are I never really spent much time around kids my own age. And the kids I have been around seemed more interested in becoming my friend due to the Potter family holdings and our connection to Gryffindor than actually being real friends.

 

Oh my, Merlin, I made a friend it is the Black Heir and his name is Sirius. I did it in my usual fashion as I tripped coming through the barrier at Kings Cross. (Mum and Dad said even though it is possible to Apparate or Floo onto the platform a student's first time at least it was tradition to go through the barrier) It seemed someone left their luggage trolley blocking the entrance and I fell over it causing my new owl, Arcamedies's cage to fall off and go rolling away. I hastily moved my trolley and the one blocking the barrier away before hurrying to catch the Arcamedies's cage. He was not happy with me when I did collect the cage giving me an earful until I gave him some owl treats. Cage in hand I went back to my stuff and saw the owner of the other trolley. He appeared to be my age and a Pureblood as well considering he already had his robes on and heir ring with the crest of the Black Line on his left hand. I know I should not have but my dander was up and I went to tell the idiot off giving him a dressing down that if I had been on the receiving end from my Mum I would have been mortified, but the idiot just laughed and introduced himself as Sirius and said we should be friends.

 

Before I knew it he had grabbed my hand and lead me over to another boy he introduced as Remus Lupin who had been his friend since they had gone to Muggle preparatory school together. Remus took one look at me and smacked Sirius on the back of his head and told the other to apologize for whatever he had done to me. I have to admit I made an undignified giggle at that. And while Sirius rolled his eyes he did give me an apology just as the Hogwarts express gave a warning whistle for students to start boarding. I joined Sirius and Remus pulling our luggage onto the train before turning to wave goodby to our families. As we did so both boys pointed out their families, as I did with Mum and Dad, but as I saw the boy standing next to Sirius's parents my heart skipped a beat he was the cutes person I had ever seen. Just like Sirius, the boy had locks of deep black hair but unlike his older brother(?) his hair was combed and tamed, and the young boy's eyes were a match to his hair but seemed to be filled with sadness as he waved at the departing train. The boy looked as if he wanted to chase it, if not for his mother's grip on his hand.

 

It was not until we found a compartment that I learned of the name of the boy. According to Sirius, it was his younger brother Regulus the very name almost made me smile.(James's Journal)

 

November 22, 1971

 

I think I may have found out a reason for the small spark of interest I had felt when I first saw Sirius's younger brother. I had done some research during my free time on a reason for such a spark to developed at a single glance. I have heard some of the Muggleborns at the school talk about "Love at First Sight" but I just don't buy it unless it is through magic. Thinking of what a possible connection could be I considered Soulmates so I checked out a book in the library that mentioned that such bonds could be formed from old lovers reincarnated and finding each other again, a ritual that connected the families of allies, the last one was hard to prove for it spoke of a person's Animagus form being "Mated" to the other. Not knowing what to do I wrote home to ask Mum and Dad to see if they had ever performed such a ritual on me. According to their response, they had done so worried due to their age they may die while I was still young leaving me on my own. My hand was shaking as I sent back the question of who the ritual had been with. I just got their confirmation that the ritual had been done between our family and the members of the Black Family Line.

 

Remus was able to help me after that as he told me that the anger I felt when I had first meet Sirius, even if it was short-lived, caused the connection not to form between us so that the moment I laid eyes on Regulus I found the bond form. I thanked him for his help as I literally begged him not to tell Sirius what I had found out. He gave me his word which I really hope he keeps. (James's Journal)

 

December 27, 1971

 

I had not realized how close I had become to Sirius, Remus, and even Peter. That is until I spent the Yule alone with just my parents. Sirius had invited me to come to his place but I was not sure how I would react around Regulus and did not want to make a scene (James' Journal)

 

May 13, 1972

 

Well, my First-Year is over and Gryffindor won the House Cup, despite how many points I am my friends had lost due to some of our pranks. I could not keep still as the Hogwarts Express was pulling into Kings Cross making Sirius laugh as he jokes about me missing my parents so much. Remus caught my eye and gave me a knowing look, while Peter just sat there with a dopey grin on his face to be sitting with us. I of course could not tell Sirius that I was actually more excited to see his brother and maybe even hear him speak.

 

Merlin, Regulus has the voice of an Angel as he welcomed Sirius back. Though it hurt a little when he did not even look my way as I felt Remus give my arm a comforting squeeze. He had said that due to Regulus not yet reaching his first major Magical milestone of turning eleven the bond might not have taken effect for him yet. I swear I almost fainted, Mum was worried as we got home to Potter Manor when Regulus shook Remus, Peter, and finally my hands as he thanked us for looking after his "good for nothing older brother," though with a look in his eye that said he was just teasing Sirius (James's Journal)

 

September 1, 1972

 

Mother and Father have given me a journal to keep track of my thoughts and feelings as I head to Hogwarts. Well right off the back I am worried for I had seen how Mother had reacted when Sirius had been sorted into Gryffindor House fearing what she would do if her baby was not sorted into Slytherin like I was meant to. Father at least said he did not care where I was sorted and would be proud of me, just like he was of Sirius, no matter what happened. I also had no idea who I was going to sit with not wanting to bug Sirius and his friends on the trip to the castle. I was afraid that one of his friends hated me anyway for while Remus, as usual, was over to our place a lot and even a weedy kid named Peter had stopped by at least once a month, the Potter Heir made every excuse to never come over when I was at home. I would not force my company on someone who hated me for whatever reason.

 

I did end up sitting with two students in Sirius's year, a girl with red hair who introduced herself as Lily Evens, and a dark-haired boy by the name of Severus Snape. (Regulus's Journal)

 

September 1, 1972

 

Well, Regulus is starting this year so hopefully, he feels the bond that lies between us so I don't have to keep avoiding him and making a fool of myself. Sirius actually got on my case asking why I hated his brother due to never wanting to head over to Grimmauld Place when Regulus was there, but I could give him no explanation. Remus was no help having hide in one of his books looking a little paler than normal like he usually did after he had to go home and take care of his sick mother. I swear I offered to have my Mum stop by and take a look at her for free due to her being so sick he had to leave the castle every single month to check in on her. His face got all red and blotching as he told me no making me think he was too proud to take a hand out. I did not press the issue not wanting to alienate him as well. Peter just like at the end of last year did not say much just smiled like a fool kicking his legs as if happy to be sitting with us.

 

At one moment during the trip when I headed to the bathroom I gulped as I saw Regulus sitting in the same compartment as Evens and Snape. My blood ran cold to see Regulus laughing at something the three of them were talking about as he playfully smacked Snape's back. I can admit I was jealous seeing that wishing I could hear Regulus's laughter and feel his playful blows after I told him one of my jokes. I may have taken it too far as I told the others that we should target Snape, who I gave a new nickname to Snivellus, claiming I heard him try to corrupt Regulus. I was sure Remus would have told me off, guessing the real reason for me targeting Snivellus but he did not lift his face from his book.

 

My claims of Snivellus corrupting Regulus were given some credence to Sirius as during his Sorting Regulus was sent to Slytherin House and sat right beside the other boy. While Sirius grew angry seeing the pair chatting and joking with each other I felt my heart breaking a little that he was not with me in Gryffindor (James's Journal)

 

September 12, 1972

 

Gryffindor had out Quidditch try-outs today and I made the team. I think I performed the best I had ever done my whole life. I am sure it was due to me wanting to show off for Sirius had brought Regulus to the tryouts. Seeing Regulus watching from the stands sitting next to Sirius I gulped and kicked off slightly too hard raising to their level before doing my best not to notice them I performed all the tasks Captain Peacock put the potential Seekers through to make the team. Despite flying with several older students including the Seeker of the team from last year I outflew them all wanting to impress Regulus. (James's Journal)

 

September 12, 1972

 

I allowed Sirius to drag me to the Gyrffindor team tryouts and was given a special mission from the Slytherin team captain, Honeydew, to see if I could learn anything she could use against them in that years match against them. I knew Sirius was doing it in another attempt to try to get me to make friends with the Potter Heir but also to get me away from Severus who he kept saying was trying to corrupt me. The only reason I had come along was to see how Quidditch was done at Hogwarts being an active follower of the Japanese team the Mt. Fuji Kitsunes. Joining him in the top row of the Gryffindor side of the stands I took note of the students trying out. There were not many of them as it seemed that the position of Seeker had the most applicants with six students. Seeing the Potter Heir, the smallest on the pitch clutching his Dragontooth line of broom, the Norwegian Ridgeback, and was only really noticeable due to his normal rats nest that was his hair. As our family was as rich as the Potters I scoffed a little at seeing the expensive broom in Potter's hand compared to the more modestly priced brooms of the others trying out. This was a clear sign of Potter's arrogance that Severus keep telling me about as the Seeker candidates were told to mount their brooms and take off. I chuckled seeing Potter had pushed off with too much force so rather than be on the same level as the other Seekers he was flying level where Sirius and I were sitting. I have to admit his hair does look better when the wind was flying through it. He also looked a little cute when he blushed at his kickoff while pushing his glasses up his nose.

 

No, no, no, no I can not be falling for Potter just cause he flew like a living spirit of the wind itself, caught every single Muggle golf ball thrown during his tryout no matter the random distance and angle from the Gryffindor Caption. The wing blowing his hair out in an almost halo at some moments making him also look like a bloody Angel. He was an arrogant prick that seemed to take joy in bulling Severus due to his crush on Lily, and he was Sirius's best friend it could never happen. (Regulus's Journal)

 

December 27, 1972

 

Why did Mum and Dad have to throw a Yule Ball this year and invite the Blacks and other families to our manor? I did my best to avoid Regulus last year knowing the special magic of the Yule but now he is going to be in my house. I am seriously freaking out, what do I wear? Should I greet him with a handshake or hug? Has he even noticed the bond between us yet? He seems to be avoiding me as much as I am him. Maybe I could say I was sick but Mum would simply cast her diagnostic spell on me. Oh, Merlin what if he brings Snivellus or dances with someone else I don't think I could take it. (James's Journal)

 

December 27, 1972

 

My family had been invited to the Potter's Yule Ball which sucked. Ever since the Gryffindor Quidditch Team tryouts, I had done my best to avoid the Potter Heir, but now I was to going to be at his manor. As a member of the host family, he would be expected to meet all the underage Magicals who were to show up. Sirius, of course, had no issue with this for he was Potter's best friend I was just the stupid eleven-year-old that had a crush on his older brother's best friend. I had to take a deep breath and count to ten in English, French, and Latin to help calm me down as I adjusted my midnight black Dressrobes before following Sirius through the Floo to Potter Manor.

 

He was not there. I was not sure if I should be relieved or disappointed that Potter was nowhere in sight. Being close to Sirius I heard Lord and Lady Potter tell him that James had passed out just an hour ago after a sort of panic attack and even Calming Draughts were not working on him at the moment. Sirius hearing this rushed to his friend's room. Merlin, and Morgana I so wanted to follow him and make sure Potter was alright. Maybe reach over and place my hand on his forehead to make sure the older boy did not have a fever. I mean well.... to check on the Potter Heir's condition as any normal worried guest might when hearing that a member of the host family had fallen ill. (Regulus's Journal)

 

November 3, 1973

 

Well, Sirius, Peter, and I finally learned what was happening to Remus once a month. After his latest "trip home" we saw him being taken out of the castle by Madam Pomfrey. I followed under my Invisibility Cloak and heard her make sure he was alright and to see if he felt the change coming yet before she led him through a secret passage under the Whooping Willow. When I reported back to Peter and Sirius we all came to an agreement that Remus had to be inflicted by lycanthropy and wondered if there was a way to help him get through it better than locking him away from everyone. Surprisingly it was Peter who suggested maybe we should try to become Animagus since Werewolves were only a danger to humans. Sirius and I agreed with this idea and began to pull every book the library had on the subject out, not that there were that many but maybe I could find some in the Potter family library when I went home for the Yule. I put all my focus on this task wanting to take my mind off the coming Quidditch Match against Slytherin and the first time I was to fly against Regulus. Ever since I passed out due to worry about him coming to my house in my second year I had decided avoidance was the best policy having no idea if he felt the bond which I knew was between us yet, as I decided I would wait for him to broach the subject to either Sirius or me. I also did not want to bring it up to Sirius fearing a swift punch to the nose telling him I found his baby brother hot, or that I would sometimes have dreams of lying cuddled up with Regulus as his arms wrapped protectively around me. I had come to terms long ago that I fancied him but the dreams I was having made me realize that despite being older than him, even if it was by a single year, I wanted to be the one being cared for not taking responsibility caring for him. (James's Journal)

 

January 9, 1974

 

For once my friends and I did not pull a special prank on Snivellus in honor of his birthday rather Sirius, Peter, and I had gathered around a book from my family's private library which showed an easy way to shift into an Animagus form. The book was not lying for after just a couple of hours Peter had changed form into a small rat, while I had shifted into a doe of all things. Sirius had found my animal form so amusing he could no longer focus and did not manage to change himself as I glared at him for a bit. (James's Journal)

 

January 11, 1974

 

Sirius really got on my case today. I mean it was not my fault he left that book out when he was helping me with my Transfiguration homework. (I swear Professor McGonagall should never have become a teacher based on how she treats me and the rest of Slytherin House) And how was I supposed to know that the spell in the book he had marked was to let someone easily change into their Animagus form? You would think he would be happy that as a Third-Year I had been able to shift into a stag, but no he freaked out as he grabbed the book and ran from the room. Still having some homework left to do I did not leave the room we had been using to finish it and was just putting my stuff away when he returned accompanied by Remus. I was expecting a lecture on using a spellbook that was not my own and was not meant to be used by someone my age, but I was floored as Siri grabbed one of the chairs in the room and turned it around to sit in it before asking me my thoughts on Potter.

 

I blathered on about he was a good Seeker and what not before Siri placed a hand on my shoulder and asked if I fancied his friend. I tried to deny it but Remus gave me a look as he sat down in another chair, the normal way, and told me that was too bad. Both Siri and asked what he meant by that. With a sigh, Remus informed us that during his First-Year Potter had come to him in need of help researching something. Potter had been looking at why he had felt a spark from me when he saw me say goodby to Siri when he first came to Hogwarts. Remus told us after writing to his parents Pott... James had found out that due to a ritual performed between our two families in our youth a Soulmate bond had been put in place. A bond that had shifted onto me rather than Siri due to the anger he had felt for my older brother during their first meeting. My crush on Pott... James suddenly made sense but raised some questions making me asked why Sirius had freaked out without knowing all this. Sirius had glanced at Remus with a slight blush as he told us of the plans that Pettigrew, James, and himself were doing having found out Remus's secret, For it seemed that when James had transformed when they had gone over the spell he had become a doe and then here I was having shifted into a stag. Knowing a little bit about Animagus forms that were similar to each other and possible causes and with the idea of the Soulmate bond in place I blush and turned out everything else though I was slightly aware of Remus getting on Sirius's case. (Regulus's Journal)

 

January 12, 1974

 

So far I have pinched myself, banged my head into a wall, and gently closed my hand in a door. The consensus is I am not dreaming though I could be under some sort of spell that makes one think they are dreaming when they are actually hallucinating. Regulus came up to me and told me he knew about the bond. Not only that he told me he likes me. I felt like I was on Cloud Nine. As he basically confessed in the middle of a corridor there were some wolf whistles from some of my classmates. I saw that he blushed a little though I doubt not as bad as myself as I grabbed his hand, oh were they soft and strong, and pulled him into a nearby empty classroom. When I asked what brought this on he shared with me a discussion he had with Sirius and Remus the previous day. I was shocked that Remus would share my secret only to find Regulus stepping forward and kissing me. Though it was not as long or full of passion I had seen some of the older dating students share it coming out of nowhere blindside me as I felt one of Regulus's arms wrap around my back to keep me upright when my knees felt like they had been hit by a Jelly Legs Curse.

 

As if my dreams were coming true I took a moment to enjoy his strong arm wrapped around me before I gave him a quick kiss back. I don't know how long we stood there just cuddled together as well as sharing what we really felt about one another but I got a detention for skipping class so it had to be a while not that I cared. (James's Journal)

 

January 12, 1974

 

Well, I did it I confessed that liked him, though I really wish that I had not done it in a busy corridor between classes. James quickly took my hand and lead me away like some gallant knight to protect his love. I could not lie to him when he asked why I was confessing now wincing a little when I saw some anger and disappointment flash across his face. Not wanting to get made and associate that feeling with my confession I did the only thing I could think of and moved in to kiss him. As we really never hung out that much I was slightly amused to find I was just a tad bit taller than him as I leaned in and pressed my lips awkwardly to his. I fear I did something wrong as I saw him wobble a little and without thinking I wrapped my left arm around him and placed my palm in the middle of his back to keep him upright. Even if I was taller than him, he was still older than me but for some reason, this just felt right. It was then that I recalled Siri sharing that when James changed forms his Animagus was a doe which since we were bonded would place him as the mate of my protector Stag form. A feeling that was given some more headway as James after a bit leaned in and gave me a quick kiss tilting his face the way I had been told by my mother was a way of showing submission during a simple kiss. I did not really care about any of that I was just glad that with both kisses neither of us had got the angle wrong so we bumped noses, poked each other in the eye, or something.

 

We spent almost two full periods just chatting together, my left arm remained wrapped in a somewhat possessive way around his slim form, covering what we really felt about each other admiring both of our skills in Quidditch. He even apologized to me for his treatment of Severus confessing that when he saw me get along with the older boy during my first ride on the Hogwarts Express he had grown jealous of him. (Regulus's Journal)

 

January 16, 1974

 

Well, that could have gone better. But at least Snivi... Snape stayed long enough for my apology for how I have treated him these last couple of years. Evens did not have similar issues as she pulled me and Regulus into a tight bear hug and said it was about bloody time. I could not help but laugh as I rubbed my ribs a little after she let us go. I think the only reasons Snape accepted my apology were my promise to stop bullying him, his relationship with both Regulus and Evens, but the thing that sealed the deal was letting him take a looked at the Easy Animagus change from my family's book. (James's Journal)

 

January 20, 1974

 

Well, James and I officially started to date. No talk of a courtship yet as we still need to talk to Mother and Father about it and with Father's health the way it is I worry that he may die and Mother, unfortunately, made her views quite clear on Homosexuality when she got on Siri's case for dancing with Remus, even though it was just as friends during the last Yule Ball. I know Father, however, will accept it and have been writing to him to see if he is well enough to come done to Hogsmead during the next weekend trip to meet James. I know due to the bond I will not break up with James at least as of right now and as I am somehow the dominant one in our relationship I will not toss him aside if my parents do not like him. I would rather be blasted off the family tree than leave him. (Regulus's Journal)

 

February 13, 1974

 

I know Regulus and I had plans to go to Hogsmead today as a real date outside the school but I never expected him to be so formal about it, even going so far as inspecting my outfit before we left the castle. I soon found out why he was so on edge and wanted everything to be perfect as he led me not to one of the normal restaurants Hogwarts students went to during their visits to the village but to a small yet upscale eatery where I was officially introduced to his and Siri's father. While Lord Black was slightly pale and had a cough his handshake was strong as we sat down to our meal. As he knew about the bond that had been created between our two families we shared why we think rather than me ending up with Siri I had formed a bond with Regulus. Lord Black let out a loud booming laugh that ended in a fit of hacking coughs saying that sounded like Sirius to mess something like the bond up without even meaning to. I was sort of affronted on my friend's behalf before he said he thought that I was better off with Regulus anyway from the stories he had heard from my folks. I had gone from wanting to chew the man out to giving him a quick thank you which he waved aside.

 

To my further shock, Lord Black not only offered us his full blessing but showed he understood our relationship as he pulled a small box out of his robes and headed it to Regulus. Regulus smiled as he took the box from his father and presented it to me. With slightly trembling fingers I opened the lid of the box to find a Black Courtship Ring laying in red velvet. I started to reach for it before Regulus pulled the box away and placed it on the table. I arched my eyebrow at him as I watched him gently lift the right from the box and went to put it on my left ring finger. As the magic of the ring adjusted itself to my size I threw my arms around Regulus happy that I could tell people that we were officially Courting. (James's Journal)

Chapter 30: The Journals part 2

Summary:

From Courting to Graduation from James and Regulus's Journals

Notes:

A continuation of the last chapter which I chose to break in two lest I make it too long.

Chapter Text

February 13, 1974

 

It had all worked out better than I had planned, not only had Father approved of James and my relationship but he had actually brought the Black Courtship ring. I had never felt such joy, not even the times I had lead the Slytherin team to victory in Quidditch could not compare as I slipped the ring onto James's hand. I am sure James would never live it down if Severus could hear the squeal of joy coming from James's lips as he threw his arms around my neck and kissed me. However, I knew this was actually the easy part, for I knew Father would give his approval no problem but now I would have to deal with my classmates and their reaction to the Courtship. I knew that many just thought that the only relationship I had with James was due to him being Siri's best friend but with the introduction of the Courtship Ring people might catch on to the truth. Either that or think that Siri was dating him. As far as I knew the only person in Slytherin House that knew of our real relationship was Severus and I could not see him mentioning it to anyone. (Regulus's Journal)

 

February 21, 1974

 

I had an awkward meeting with the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain today when Sirius let it slip that he was not the one that had given me the Black Courtship Ring. She got on my case to make sure that I was not going to go easy on Regulus just cause we had started our Courtship. I pointed out that I have had a crush on Regulus since before my First-Year yet I had never taken it easy on him yet. If that was not bad enough Regulus thought it would be a good idea to have our friends come together and take a photo to celebrate our Courtship.

 

Man, that was awkward for while I had stopped pranking and teasing Severus, Sirius kept at it though in a less bullying manner than it had been thanks to my jealousy leading our pranking of the Slytherin student. Everyone else at least had fun with each other making it the first time Evens really hung out with us. As she laughed at some of Siri's jokes and got into a conversation with Remus about books the pair of them had both read. I could not help but notice a slight flush on Remus's face making me think that I was not the only one that had been crushing on a member of Regulus's friend group. We had one of my teammates take the picture with a Muggle camera Evens had brought to Hogwarts. She promised she would develop the picture and give us all copies of it after she had treated it with a solution to make them into Magical moving photos. (James's Journal)

 

February 23, 1974

 

Lily handed out copies of the Courtship photo today. I laughed so hard that pumpkin juice came out of my nose as I saw James and his friends laughing in the photo with Lily and me but Severus was nowhere in sight. No, wait there he is, or at least the sleeve of his robe on the opposite side of the photo from Siri. Man Sev really hats Siri which is a shame for I think they have a lot in common if only they realized it. (Regulus's Journal)

 

Harrison had to wonder if the picture that celebrated the start of his Parents' Courtship was the one hanging from the wall in his Uncle's office and wrote himself a quick note to check it out to see if he could see his Godfather's sleeve in it when he got back to Hogwarts.

 

May 5, 1974

 

Mother has written to inform Siri and me that Father is not long for this world despite his relatively young age for normal Magical humans. She blames it on some Muggle disease that she blamed us for picking up at Hogwarts. I am rather glad she is not aware that I am friends with Lily or if she did not know she was a Muggle. In recent years I have come to agree with Siri about how bad our Mother really is. I do love her but she hates the ideas of Mugglesborns yet has no problem using Muggle-created items like the Wizarding Wireless and had even allowed Father to install actual lights rather than use Magical candles in our home. I am also glad that Father had already approved of James and my eventual union, but had also declared Siri as his heir. I saw this as Father having lost faith in Mother as well, possibly thinking she would lead the family into ruin after her habit of "banishing" members of the family by destroying their place on the Black Family Tree. Father had told Siri and me when we were younger that all she was doing was blemishing the family tree and nothing more since he not her was the Head of House. We both had agreed that we would never reveal this to her lest she tries to cast some enchantments or try to dose Father with potions to get her way.

 

On the back of Mother's letter was a secret second letter from Father as he told us he would always love us and was proud of whatever we would end up doing. He told us not to be sorry for his passing or to let Mother get us down. In the letter, Father had actually passed on the Lordship to Siri while passing on Kreacher to me. Neither Siri nor I was entirely happy with this message and not just because Father was dying. Sirius was still too much of a prankster and free spirit that he did not want to have to deal with the responsibility of being a Head of a Noble House. While I was nervous for being given Kreacher, for even though I liked the Elf I also knew he was utterly under my Mother's sway meaning I would have to watch what I say around him. And knowing her views on same-sex partnerships I would be unable to mention my Courtship with James until Sirius was of age and could officially take over as Head of the family. (Regulus's Journal)

 

May 17, 1974

 

Sirius showed up today carrying his school trunk and several bags asking if he could stay. Mum and Dad pulling him into a tight hug having heard that Lord Black had died a couple of days ago and told him he could stay as long as he wished. Sirius actually cried as he hugged them back as he told me later finally allowed his grief to overtake him. I had never seen Sirius so solemn as I did this night. (James's Journal)

 

May 18, 1974

 

Sirius came to see me at two in the morning to inform me why he had really left home. It seemed that someone had shared to his mother that I was wearing a Black Courtship Ring. Due to us being friends she had thought Siri was the one to give me the ring. He informed me that to keep our secret he left as she banished him from the family. I could only offer him thanks and an apology never wanting him to be kicked out of his line. This caused him to laugh for the first time since he had arrived yesterday night. He shared with me that before his dad had died Lord Orion Black had worked it out for him to take over as the Head of House. As Sirius was not yet of age rather than let his mother know she was not in control he had done nothing to stop her. Sirius took my hands in his and promised me that he would do everything he could to prevent his mother from learning of my Courtship with Regulus. (James's Journal)

 

June 3, 1974

 

So far summer has been horrible first Father dying, Sirius pretending to get kicked out for my Courtship with James, and finally being unable to see James at all while only having Walburga and Kreacher for company. Seeing how she almost wanted to throw a party after Father's death I have decided Walburga is no mother of mine anymore. Kreacher is alright for company when one looks past his devotion to Walburga but at least he knew that he is my personal Elf and has been able to help me do some enchanting on some objects. I had found the map that Siri and his friends had been working on that showed all of Hogwarts and everyone inside of it. Deciding to add an enchantment to it which would cause the map to insult the reader using everyone else's name. I am going to tell James of it before passing it back to Siri to see how he reacts to see the ridiculous nicknames of his friends insulting him (Regulus's Journal)

 

July 17, 1974

 

Regulus stopped by today as he delivered the Marauder's Map that Sirius suddenly realized he had left at Grimmauld Place when he had left home. As my parents were accepting of our Courtship they had no problem with Regulus and me sharing a kiss and snuggling together during his visit. With a smile, dad gave us a Courtship gift in the form of contact mirrors which would allow us to talk to each other while separated. Pulling me away from Sirius, Regulus showed me a new feature of the map he had added. I had to chortle as I followed his direction of making a dismissive comment about the map when it was blank and saw it begin to insult me as my friends. We shared a look as we blanked the map again and tested it out on Siri. With Mum and Dad's unknown help we got Sirius to activate the insulting feature of the map. At first, he looked angry but when "Mooney" told him, "You need a flea dip," he finally understood that Peter, Remus, and I had not given it insults to pass on to him he burst out laughing. He even added to the magic so that all four of the Marauders' names would appear and insult the person holding the map. He pointed out that if someone saw the insults given to more than one Marauder they could guess we were the ones to create it. (James Journal)

 

While he read from the marked passages from both his parents' journals for James's Fifth and Regulus's Fourth-Year most were about the pair going on simple dates and just hanging out with their friends. He did learn that during the 1974-1975 school year both his Godparents were able to use the Potter book the others had used and achieved an Animagus form with Lily becoming a Dove and Professor Snape becoming a Raven.

 

November 6, 1975

 

I was called up to the Headmaster's office today. I had thought he had found out about the pranks we had pulled on Severus in the past and I was finally going to get in trouble for them. But instead, he told me that he heard about my Courtship, though he called it an engagement, to Regulus. Headmaster Dumbledore shook his head and told me he thought I would be more suitable with someone more like Lily. I had to laugh at this for yes Lily was nice to look at and kind to everyone, if a little bit of a mama bird to all of us no one would ever replace Regulus in my heart. He took offense at my laugh saying he believed it would be better if I dated a nice Light Cored Witch. This raised some red flags to me as I narrowed my eyes at the man instantly losing any trust I had in him due to that one statement that I saw as rather bigoted and homophobic. As I was Courting a male it should be plain that I was not interested in women though I guess he might have thought I was Bisexual so maybe I was reading too much into it. Rather than saying any of this to the man I stood up and made my way to the door saying it was really none of his business who I did or did not date, or Court. (James's Journal)

 

November 7, 1975

 

I was called up to the Headmaster's office to meet with both him and Professor McGonagall, yet no sign of Professor Slughorn my own Head of House. I was directed to sit down before the Headmaster as Professor McGonagall leaned awkwardly against the wall right behind the chair. Once I sat down Dumbledore said he had heard about my engagement to James. I informed him that I was Courting James and asked why he cared. He told me that he felt it was for the greater good if I dumped James and convinced him to date Lily. I was about to tell him off when I felt a slight breeze behind me as my Black Heir ring heat up. McGonagall's location suddenly made sense it seems either the Headmaster was being a distraction as she Enchanted me or she was casting a spell to make me agree to do whatever the man said. I was rather glad that Sirius had given the Goblins permission to allow Walbruga to get the Black Heir ring and give it to me so I was both protected and know what was going on.

 

As if I was considering what the old bastard said I brought my arms up placing my elbows on Dumblebitch's desk as I steeple my fingers so the man can see the ring I wore was not the Potter Courtship ring but the Black Heir ring. I hid a smile behind my fingers seeing him gulp as he understood that he could not enchant me with whatever spell he had his lapdog try to cast on me. I informed him that no I did not think it would be for the greater good for me to stop seeing James. Professor McGonagall threatened me with detentions for my attitude towards him, but I told them in no uncertain terms that I was given any sort of punishment for anything that happened during this meeting or from my Courtship with James I would bring up their actions to the Governors for calling me up to the office without my Head of House as well as them trying to blackmail me. Both of them shared a look of passive defeat which I did not believe for a moment before Dumblebitch allowed me to leave.

 

The first thing I did after I left the office was to find James. While I knew he was Heir to the Potter and other family lines he was not one to wear his Heir Rings. After a quick kiss, I had him lift his left hand and pressed my Heir ring to his Courtship ring thus giving it similar protections due to I was the one to have place the ring on his finger. I also explained to him why I had done so warning him to watch out for his Head of House and the Headmaster. He told me the bastard had already talked to him just the day before and had tried to get him to break off our Courtship. At times like this I really miss Father he would have buried Dumblebitch and his lapdog McGonagall in so much shit they would still be dealing with it by the year 2000. (Regulus's Journal)

 

March 13, 1976

 

Lily is starting to act strange almost like she is enchanted or something. For some reason, she is beginning to flirt with James right in front of me, yet if James is nowhere in sight she is acting normal. She also does not seem to recall herself flirting when James is around. (Regulus's Journal)

 

April 8, 1976

 

Something happened to Peter. I don't know what but for some reason he had somehow got his hands on some Polyjucie Potion and used it to change into Sirius. He then went to tell Severus where to find Remus when he was in wolf form. While Sirius, Remus, Peter, and I are sort of friends with Severus now out of respect for Remus's privacy we have not told him about Remus suffering from Lycanthropy, nor have we told Lily. The only reason Regulus knows is that Sirius and Remus have been friends for so long that Regulus sees Remus as a friend as well. As Sirius went to confront Peter to find out why he had sent Severus after Remus in his current state I went to get Severus before he got turned by Remus. Unfortunately, he saw Remus and thought that Sirius and I were trying to get rid of him due to his relationship with both Lily and Regulus. (James's Journal)

 

April 10, 1976

 

Severus is back to hating James and his friends and is not outwardly attacking them. I tried to play mediator but he bit my head off saying of course I would stand up for James and my brother. Lily also tried and failed though without getting yelled at as I did so the pair of us decided to leave it alone and hope everything would blow over. (Regulus's Journal)

 

May 3, 1976

 

My O.W.L.s are finished, but so it seems is the friendship between Lily and Severus. After our O.W.L in Defense Against the Dark Arts as Sirius, Remus, and I went over the exam Severus came over and started to hex us. Thinking it was the stress over the O.W.L.s I used a spell he himself had told me he created to hoisted him into the air by his ankles hoping it would calm him down. He still tried to send curses at us forcing me to also disarm him for a bit. Unfortunately, this is when Lily arrived and thought we had started bullying him again and told me to let him down. I turned to tell her what had what was going on when for some reason Severus said something I am not going to write on these pages ever. It is easy to say we were all shocked as Lily being called that word turned on her heel and stalked off. It was then that I noticed Peter halfway hidden behind a tree with his wand pointed at Severus. Ever since he used the Polyjuice Potion to send Severus to Remus as a wolf Remus, Sirius, I have stopped hanging around with him and seeing him thus rose some red flags. After a moment of thought, I decided to make a scene as I used a spell my parents had used on me as a kid when I said a bad word by filling Severus's mouth up with soap. As everyone watching laughed at Severus I had a quick whispered conversation with Sirius and told him to keep track of Peter on the Map.

 

Things are starting to make sense now. That night Sirius informed Remus and me that when he tracked Peter's movements on the map it showed that Peter really was a rat just like his Animagus form as he head headed to the Headmasters office and had sat chatting with the man for almost two hours. Having been told by Regulus that Dumbles and Professor McGonagall had tried to enchant him to make him break off our Courtship and now meeting with Peter cleared some things up for me such as Lily's recent behavior towards me whenever Regulus was around as well as Severus using such a word. I quickly write a letter to my Mum to see if she could send me some Cleansing Potion so I could give it to Lily. I then use the communication mirrors to update Regulus in what we found out about Peter and told him to watch Severus in case there were any long-term suggestions or actions planted into him by the rat bastard. (James's Journal)

 

After the start of his Dad's Sixth-Year and his Papa's Fifth-Year most tagged entries once again dated the pair went on as well as talking about meetings that they were summoned to by Dumbles and McGonagall to get them to break up. Harrison guessed that Dumbles had somehow discovered that his parents were immune to his Pied Piper talent for the bastard never convinced his parents to break up and any time a spell was cast it came from McGonagall.

 

December 26, 1976

 

Well, I am no longer a virgin, (Harrison really wished his Dad had not decided to write about this but it was sort of important to his parents' lives so he continued to read) As Walbuga has refused to come to any Yule Ball thrown by my family and refused to invite them to any Yule Ball she tried to throw, Regulus snuck over under the guise of wishing Sirius a happy Yule. And wouldn't you know it a blizzard came up and caused the Floo Network in our area to be shut down as Magical families started to use all their grates to set up actual fires? Seems Regulus just had to stay the night having no way to get home or anything. (Harrison rolled his eyes at the level of snark in his Dad's words) After my parents headed to bed there was a light knock at my door. Regulus came over to "share some body heat with me" as he put it. Well, one thing led to another, um three times, and we ended up fully cementing our bond. We then spent the rest of the night chatting with me curled up against his chest and his arm wrapped around me. (James's Journal)

 

December 27, 1976

 

I just know Lord and Lady Potter knew what James and I did last night. Siri too by the grin he was sending out way making the pair of us blush a little. I have never been so happy to get away from James before in my life wanting to sink through the floor on embarrassment having finally ... (Regulus's Journal)

 

Harrison quickly begins to skim any passage he found after these two entries to make sure he did not have to read about any more of his parents having sex. Thankfully most were just them back to dating and hanging out around the castle and about them giving the cleansing Potion to Lily having found out that Harrison's grandparents never got the letter asking for it from James.

 

May 13, 1978

 

Well, it is my final entry for this was my last day at Hogwarts. I still have no idea why Dumbles and his lapdog made me Headboy besides it caused me and Lily to spend so much time together. I think I should talk to one of the Governors to see if I can change the rules of the school for I just don't think it is right for the Headboy and Headgirl to belong to the same House. To be honest, I still have no idea what I am going to do now, may take up my seats in the Wizengamot and try to improve our world. I know Dumbles wants me to be an Auror but with how he kept trying to make me break up with Regulus I don't want to follow any of his suggestions. James Potter signing out

 

September 1, 1978

 

It feels so strange that James and all my friends are no longer going to be with me at Hogwarts anymore. Guess I should have made more friends in my own grade. I know I will see James soon for he promised to come up and see me during my first Hogsmead Weekend. (Regulus's Journal)

 

November 5, 1978

 

I got a call from James on our Communication Mirrors. He had me sit down before he told me that evidently when we meet up during my Hogsmead Weekend and fooled around he had gotten pregnant. I nearly fainted thinking I was about to be a dad, and due to births in the Magical World apart from being able to be done by both males and females had the same gestation period as a Muggle birth our son would be born sometime in May. (Regulus's Journal)

 

December 17, 1978

 

I did not go home for the Yule I headed to Potter Manor. Once I arrived I was pulled into a hug by James's parents and lead to get fitted for a robe. While they were alright with us Courting they refused to have a grandchild born out of wedlock so had decided that James and I would be bonded with me out of class due to the Yule and end-of-year holiday. As James and I had discussed all this with them over the Communication Mirrors over the last month I did not fight it as I was dressed into a Bonding Robe.

 

It was a small ceremony with just my new In-laws, Sirius, and Lily as our witnesses and wedding party. Neither James nor I had any problem with how lowkey the ceremony was as the current Goblin Prince, Bonecrusher, officiated our Bonding.

 

As we laid in bed snuggled together after our Bonding James informed me that he found out we were having a son. Hearing this I instantly came up with a name for him to honor both our fathers. His first name would be Harrison the middle name of James's father while his middle name would be my own father's first name. (Regulus's Journal)

 

Harrison found tears in his eyes to find out that not only had his Papa been the one to name him but he had been named after his grandfathers as well.

Chapter 31: Emotional Yule

Summary:

As Harrison reads his parents' journals his allies, friends, and even adversaries have a Yule holiday full or emotions.

Notes:

This chapter will be various side characters during the Yule Break so it will showcase multiple POVs.

Chapter Text

Kreacher

 

Kreacher was feeling both ecstatic and whole for the first time since his Master Regulus had sent him all those years ago. The ancient House Elf put it down to the fact that he had a personal Master again as well as the fact that the day after Samhain Master Regulus's last mission had come to an end. When Master had him away and shortly before their bond had been severed it nearly drove Kreacher insane making him forget the real last orders of his Master. While he was mad Kreacher had gotten it into his head that he had been ordered to destroy the locket Master Regulus rather than what he had been ordered to do which was to keep the locket safe for it would somehow help the Dark Lord regain his senses after what had been done to him. Kreacher was rather glad that he had failed to destroy the locket only recalling his real duty when he witnessed an orb of light leaving the locket. When the light has left Kreacher had believed he could destroy the locket but found his magic blocked when he tried to do so again.

 

It was not until Kreacher became Master Harrison's Personal Elf that he understood why his magic had been blocked. For his new Master was the current Lord of Slytherin family and the locket being one of its artifacts he would be unable to destroy without his Master's permission. He was rather glad Master Regulus's son allowed him to become his Personal Elf despite his almost mistake for Kreacher had been living off the general Black Family Magic which while letting him survive could not help repair the damage that had been done to his mind from severing from Master Regulus.

 

Master Harrison was unlike any other Magical Kreacher had ever had for he seemed to lack the old stereotype of the Black Family Magic, rather the boy was rather quiet and from what Kreacher had so far observed could spend hours at a time just reading. Thought that could also be down to Harrison being rather absorbed in reading Master Regulus and his Mate's journals. This did mean that Kreacher did not have much to do as Master Harrison's Personal Elf at the moment having already cleaned Padfoot's Dog House from top to bottom before his Masters came to stay for the holiday. Kreacher did make sure that his new Master was provided with drinks and food as he read the pair of journals seeming to alternate between them as if wanting to see Master Regulus and James's perspective on certain events.

 

Mr. Vernon did come over to talk to him at one point wanting to find out more about House Elves. Kreacher was happy to tell the large man who his new Master saw as an Uncle all about his kind. Kreacher was not used to such kindness as Mr. Venon showed him and the man was a Muggle making him question some of the beliefs that Mistress Walburga had tried to drill into her kids during their youth. Mr. Vernon was concerned that Kreacher was treated fairly as well seeing if he was paid for his work. Kreacher was able to keep his tone civil as informed Mr. Vernon that a House Elf was not paid in money but the access magic that Magical's face off. As for him being treated fairly, Krecher told Mr. Vermon about the life he had after his Master Regulus had died living alone in the Black Family Townhouse with no one to serve apart from the Magical Portrait of Harrison's Grandmother who as a non-living person had not helped Kreacher's already fractured mind. Kreacher admitted to Mr. Vernon that he had been a little happy to have Master Sirius back and being ordered to perform some work again, though he would never admit it to Master Sirius himself. But cleaning Padfoot's Dog House had been nothing compared to being made into the personal House Elf of one of the Black family again. Kreacher just hoped that when Master Harrison went back to school he would allow Kreacher to come along to prepare his meals and clean up after him like other Personal Elfs that would come to the castle to take care of their charges.

 

Hermione 

 

Hermione was feeling conflicted about returning to Hogwarts. The school was not as much fun as she had first imagined it would be. She had thought that the other students would be just like her when it came to studying, but instead, she found they were just like the classmates she had left behind at her old school and would rather mess around than do their homework. The students also refused to let her give the right answer and then wasted the class time with their stupid questions about the subject matter. The only real good teacher at the place was Professor McGonagall who refused to let anyone interrupt her lectures with pointless questions and always called in Hermione to answer during the lessons. Another difference between Hogwarts and her old school was she had a friend now in Ronald Weasley, sure both of them were considered outcasts by almost everyone in their year but she finally had a friend. The only problem she had with him was while he was a good strategist, he was rather lazy and refused to do his homework properly. As she refused to be friends with a below-average student she helped him with his work but after the second week at the start of term, she was almost doing all of his homework herself. She refused to do it close to her level of course, but it still took a lot of her time meaning she could not just read any of the books in the library and learn spells before they were taught in class or ones that for some reason the teacher's skipped in their lessons. Maybe it would be better for a while to leave Ronald to his own devices so she could focus on her own work and show everyone that she deserved the top rank in their year and not the pair of snakes Theo Nott and Harrison Potter.

 

Remus 

 

Remus was overjoyed to have found a new pack after all this time. Having been on his own since Regulus's disappearance, the deaths of Lily and James, and the illegal imprisonment of Sirius. But now Sirius was free, he had reconnected with his wolf's cub Harrison, and he had even connected With the two Dursley men. The most surprising for Remus was that Severus had also joined the pack as Sirius and the Potions Master began to get together. The Dursleys had even found out about his conditions but rather be scared of him like many British Magicals were. Dudley had started to badger him with questions about werewolves trying to find out what Muggles got right about his kind. Vernon had after learning had been wary of Remus for a bit but as Remus told the man the type of protection he did to make sure he never turned anyone the man had returned to how he normally treated him.

 

What was even better was that according to Sirius finding the Founders journals Severus was in the process of learning a potion that would heal him so that he would retain his mind when he transformed into his wolf, and make him more like an Animagus than his current curse form. The potion was still in development otherwise Sirius, told him, otherwise he would have received that as a Yule gift not the supply of wolfsbane potion that would last him until next July. Remus did not even mind if he would serve as the guinea pig to see if the potion worked as the Founders Portraits had said it would.

 

Ginny 

 

Ginny was angry at her father and older brothers. How dare her father telling Mommy off for trying to get Harry to join them all on vacation. Something she wished had happened for apart from seeing the Dragons for the first time at the reserve nothing had happened. The holiday had been rather boring just being shown around the Dragon Reserve and the one time something exciting had happened with a Norwegen Ridgeback going on a rampage Percy had led her, the twins, and Ron into an office at the campsite for their "own protection" meaning she did not get to see anything. If Harry had been there she could have cuddled up with him pretending to be scared but due to Ron and the others failure to befriend Harry at Hogwarts like she had ordered them to so she could meet him since she had missed him arriving at Platform 9 3/4 when Ron rode the train to the castle. Though of course, before she would cuddle with him she would make him have his hair get regrown and changed back to its natural color.

 

Since Harry had not joined them Ginny had talked Mommy into sending him a Weasley sweater. Ginny had then doused the sweater with some love and compulsion potions that she had brewed using some of Mommy's books while her parents had been working and everyone else had been at school. Ginny wished she had taken the potions with her when they went to pick up Ron so she could have doused him there but she had believed Ron's letter that said he and Harry were now friends. The only problem was that the Weasley sweater had been sent back without even being opened. Ginny had cried to Mommy when she was told that due to the Wards around where Harry was at Errol had been unable to even reach him. This had made Ginny even angrier for he had left the platform with his "Muggle relatives" meaning they should not have any Wards around their place. More than likely them being Muggles had been a lie, they had been on the Magical side of the barrier after all. All the stories about Harry, she had ever read stated that he was raised as a Prince in the lap of luxury with all his desires being taken care of before he even knew he had them. More than likely the fat man and his chubby "son" were some transformed House Elves who had come to the platform to bring their Master Home. Them being Elves made some sense for if they were Magicals like she predicted they would have not had to rely on her father to drag her and Mommy away from them, but as transformed Elves, they would be unable to act against real humans, like the slaves they were.

 

Though there was one good thing going on during this vacation, Fred and George were no longer their boisterous selves. Something seemed to have changed since they had gone to Hogwarts that year for the pair were almost submissive. Ginny only found out about it when they had been trapped in the tent during the dragon's rampage. Ron had spilled the beans sharing how Fred and George were now the most pranked people at Hogwarts even sharing a story he had heard about how a Puff from his year had managed to stick the pair of them to a wall of the castle for an entire day before someone had finally let them down. Ginny had let out a loud guffaw at the story as the twins blushed, her mind unable to get away from the idea of them stuck to a wall for so long and possibly having to piss themselves since they would be unable to go to the bathroom. When Percy had left the office to check on the situation the twins had tried to regain their authority over her and Ron but she had just snatched Ron's wand from his hand and hit them both with a Bat-Boggey Hex and leaving it on until they cried for mercy. Granted it was not as good as having Harry their but showing her thirteen-year-old brothers that she was stronger than they were had made her holiday at least a little better.

 

Dudley

 

Dudley was enjoying this Christmas/Yule holiday even if he did not get as many gifts as he had gotten in years past. He owed it all to the Goblins, not only for showing him something wonderful about the Magical World but something about himself. During Harrison's lessons before he had gone to school, Dudley had been still been sort of a bully and had made the mistake of being a brat to his Goblin Instructor. Rather than stop teaching him the Goblin had just left the room and for another one to arrive wearing a lime green robe. This new Goblin had Dudley talk about his life growing up and thinking that it was a sort of payment for them teaching him about their culture he did. What he had not known at the time this new Goblin was a therapist, or as they told him later a Mind Healer. The Goblin healer helped him realized that thanks to his Mum he had some prejudice against Harrison for how she had awarded Dudley anytime he bullied the other male. Dudley had told the Goblin that his mother had shared with him about the Magical World's existence at the age of five. She had only told him horror stories about people using blood magic to take control of people like puppets or using their magic to make them change into horrible forms. She had shown him endless horror movies as examples of what "Harry" could do to Dudley if he got the chance. She had urged him to bully and steal Harry's food to keep him weak so he would be unable to perform magic. Dudley being scared of getting transformed into a bug or something and being stepped on by "Harry" had followed his mom's instructions. She had even played a part by pretending to give Harry more food during meals when his dad was not home so that she would seem like a nice person while not chastizing Dudley as he took the food.

 

The Goblin Healer after listening to Dudley's stories began to work through some of the issues he had developed thanks to his mother reducing his bullying nature. They had even started on working on Dudley's self-image from the weight he had been forced to gain as a way to control Harrison only for Harrison's lessons to an end before he went to Hogwarts. The Goblin had sent a book home with Dudley that was helping him deal with his issues and thanks to it Dudley was slowly learning how to eat healthier foods, exercise, and have more confidence in himself outside the bully his mother had made him become. This new self-confidence led Dudley to finally admit to himself that he was Bisexual as he took in some of his male classmates as Smeltings. It had taken him almost the whole term, however, for him to finally gain enough confidence to come out to his dad, but he was glad he had done so for his dad had hugged him and told him he was so proud of him, the first time he had done so since Harrison's birthday. Dudley had even shared the book with his dad, who had begun to use it to also lose some weight also found it helpful for his remorse for never noticing the signs of the damaged Petutna had done to both Harrison and Dudley.

 

Dudley had seen the book had helped his dad after seeing the man dance with some of the women at the Yule Ball even if they were the mothers of Harrison's classmates. Seeing Sirius, who had told Dudley that since Harrison called Vernon his uncle Dudley could call him Uncle Sirius, dance with Professor Snape led Dudley to also come out to Harrison. Though not directly saying it as he had Harrison help him dance with some of the other kids at the party. While Dudley had known he was Bi this was the first time he had danced or done anything remotely romantic with another male as he found that he had let Theodore led their dance. Dudley had not been sure how the other boy would react to being asked to dance with him so he had started it out as talking to Theo, who thanks to Harrison's letters Dudley knew was a bookworm, asking the taller pale-skinned boy what he knew about Goblins, Werewolves, and other so-called Monsters that the Muggle world had stories about. The pair had sat at a table for a bit as Theo shared what the Muggles got wrong about certain creatures while Dudley hung on his every word. In the end, it was Theo who ended up asking Dudley to dance with him making the Muggle boy blush as he took the other hand to head to the dance floor. Dudley had a few dances with Theo one of which had been a slow dance where the pair had moved closer together and Dudley had gathered his courage before laying his head onto the taller boy's shoulder. When the dance ended Theo brought Dudley's hand to his mouth and kissed it though Dudley was not sure if it was some Magical Pureblood thing or something else and decided to see if he could read one of the books in Uncle Sirisus's library he had seen earlier all about Pureblood protocol. Theo did say that if he wanted to Dudley could send him an owl, which Dudley knew as the magical equivalent to giving him the right to call the other boy. Dudley had blushed saying he did not have an owl but that he could send his letters to Theo while the other was at Hogwarts using Hedwig. The next day Dudley had been surprised to find a strange owl dropping off a letter to him. Upon opening it up he saw it was from Theo who told Dudley that rather than use Hedwig he should use the owl that had just delivered the letter to him calling the bird a Yule gift to him.

 

Molly

 

Molly was annoyed with Arthur. How dare he tell her off on the platform when she had gone to bring Harry on vacation with them. It was well within her rights to do so having been permitted Albus, who was the boy's Magical Guardian after all. Yet her husband had allowed Harry to be taken by the strangers to Merlin knew where. Arthur was also being mean to her babies, getting on Ron's case for some letters some of Albus's staff had sent home saying Ron was a bully. They had also received some letters about Fred and George being bullied by nearly everyone at the school, but in truth, Molly was not sure how she felt about that having never liked how much time they wasted on those pranks of theirs. Maybe with what was happening to them, they would choose a better career like working in the Ministry, though hopefully in a more prestigious post than what Arthur held. For sure Arthur was considered the Head of a Department but his department only contained himself and one other person it would be better if the twins would gain real positions of power like as Aurors or in normal Magical Law Enforcement.

 

She was also rather annoyed with Harry as well how dare he treat Ron and Ginny like he did, granted Ginny was not yet at Hogwarts so maybe when she was there full-time he would find out they were meant to be together. With Ron home for the Christmas Vacation, Molly had also learned that while her baby was considered a bully Harry was much worse having cast a spell that ended up having her Ronnikins get spanked for over four hours yet had not been punished for it, which she knew was down to how famous the boy was. That was another reason she had wanted him to come on vacation with them, not only to have him spend time with her babies to show they were better friends to him than the likes of Malfoy but to also punish him for what he had done to Ron. Though she had not figured out how to do both at the same time and while it would upset her baby boy she thought that making sure he spent time with Ginny was better. Only because when Harry realized that Ginny was perfect for him the pair could end up dating, getting married and would allow her precious Ginny and her new husband to share Harry's vast wealth to improve the Weasley family's life, or at least her own if it came to it.

 

Sirius

 

Sirius was feeling hopefully optimistic as he strode into his private study the morning after the Yule Ball and went to an alcove that was hidden behind a picture of his father's smiling face. Giving the password Orion Black winked at him before the picture moved to reveal the Black family Courtship ring Narcissa had sent to him shortly after Samhain. He had not wanted either Severus or Harrison to find the ring so during one of his free periods Sirius had Apparated here to deposit the ring. Now he felt he was ready to ask Severus if the man wanted to make move from beyond the small flirting actions they were doing and officially start Courting. He had thought about doing it at the Ball but he was not sure he could have handled it if Severus had said no in front of everyone so he just danced with the man all night.

 

Sirius had blushed a little when Severus had asked if he could sleep over making Sirius think the Potion Master wanted to sleep in the same bed. He was only mildly disappointed as Severus had nodded to the side where Harrison was dancing to Severus's cousin Tom to show why he had wanted to spend the night at the Dog House to not separate the two. Sirius had agreed though with a heavy heart that only seem to grow a little heavier when Severus had left him to inform Tom and Neville that they were staying the night. While Severus did not end up sleeping in the same bed as him he did walk Sirius to his bedroom door and kissed him as if they had been teenagers and Severus was dropping him off at his home at the end of the date.

 

As Sirius removed the ring from the hidden alcove he also saw James and Regulus's school journals which he had Kreacher find for him. Seeing they had already been marked by the House Elf to show any passages involving the pairs growing romance during their time at Hogwarts, Sirius slipped the ring into his breast pocket before he took both journals and gave them to his nephew. Sirius had watched Harrison read for a bit just leaning against the door to his nephew's room with a smile seeing the joy on the lad's face.

 

After about five minutes of watching Harrison reading the journals, Sirius went in search of Severus. He found the Potions Master just waking up and having some plain black coffee sitting at the kitchen counter while reading the Prophet. Seeing no one else was in the room Sirius debated asking Severus to court him now but in case Severus said no he did not want hot coffee thrown in his face. Sirius decided to see what type of mood Severus was in as he tip-toed over to him before placing his hands over the man's eyes asking guess who. Knowing Severus would easily know his voice he was a little shocked when the man answered Vernon. This caused Sirius to gasp and sputter for a moment which let Severus pull his hands down and to Sirius's further shock give one of them a light kiss before the man chuckled.

 

Seeing he had been outplayed or maybe outpranked Sirius could not help as he pouted a little going to get some coffee for himself adding creamer and five sugars to it rather than take it plain as Severus did. Not wanting to admit defeat to Severus, Sirius asked him if there was anything new going on as mentioned in the paper. Severus had given him a beaming smile as he turned a few pages before shown an article that mentioned that Minerva was facing an inquiry from the Hogwarts Governors. As Sirius read the article he and Severus sat shoulder to shoulder in comfortable silence. According to the article, the charges against Sirius's old Head of House came from a complaint from a student's guardian about her treatment of their child, though without giving the student's name. Sirius was sure the complaint in question was the ones that Vernon had given to Lucius last night at the Ball after Sirius had suggested it to him.

 

Thinking Severus would have to go the inquiry due to being a Head of House Sirius got ready to say goodby to him, but Severus had made no move to leave the kitchen ever when the time the part gave for the inquiry was set to take place at. Rather the Potions Master and Head of Slytherin House asked if he was hungry before the man started to make breakfast for them. As Sirius rarely got to see Severus brew he took in how the man prepared their food thinking Severus had to be a top rank Potions Master for the skill he showed making even a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs and French toast. Also although six other people were staying at the place Severus seemed to be making breakfast for just the two of them. When he was done rather than bring the plates of food back to the counter Severus carried them over to the table and beckoned Sirius over before placing them down. Sirius had to admit it had been a while since he had eaten any food not prepared by a House Elf as he took his first bite. Sirius almost moaned as the taste filled his mouth so much better than a similar meal that any House Elf had ever made him. He also wondered how Severus knew that this was his favorite breakfast meal to eat as he almost shoveled the entire plate into his mouth. He was glad Severus had made just enough for seconds as he wanted to enjoy the taste of the food a little longer.

 

As Sirius lifted the last bit of food from his plate he nearly dropped his fork as Severus wondered if Sirius wanted to be fed like this more often. Sirius of course nodded without thinking as Severus got out of his seat and pulled out a ring box which he opened up to reveal the Prince Family Courtship Ring. Sirius saw he had been worried for nothing as he let out a bark-like laugh which he quickly explained seeing the slight hurt expression flash across Severus's face. With a small point as he informed Severus that the man had beaten him to it as he pull the Black Courtship ring out of his breast pocket leading Severus to start laughing as well. Neither of them had to answer the question as they moved in perfect unison slipping their Courtship rings on each other's fingers. Once both rings were in place the pair smiled at each other before sharing a kiss.

 

Minerva

 

Minerva was feeling frustrated, how dare the Governors accuse her of being a bad teacher or showing any abuse of power over the students. She knew she was in the right for she was following Albus Dumbledore's plans. The Headmaster was a genius that no one had the hopes of outsmarting so of course he knew what was best for their world and he had long ago told her that he believed that the Dark Lord would come back and it was up to them to stop him. One of the ways to do that was to make sure the members of Gryffindor House were ready for him as they course would be on the front line against the evil man's plan to conquer their world. He had also stressed upon her to work with Harry to get him to change from being a snake over to Gryffindor. This did show that the man could see things others could not for she had found the Boy-Who-Lived to be a rather big let down, not only for being sorted into Slytherin but also how quiet, rude and the fact that he chose to go by Harrison rather than the name everyone knew him as.

 

Minerva just knew that the inquiry was somehow down to Harry who she saw as needing to be toughed up so he could come out of his shell and take his place as a future warrior against the Death Eaters and their Master. Though of course, it could be from one of the children of the Death Eaters who went to Hogwarts who had complained to their parents about her teaching methods just cause she did not think with their Dark Cores they would have any skill in her class.

 

As the time for the Inquiry came closer she could not hide a smile seeing Albus had come to represent her during the proceedings. She was sure with him there this thing would be over quickly and she would have all the Governors apology to her for this whole affair.

 

Lucius

 

Lucius could not be more proud of his family at the moment. He had been a little worried when Draco had arrived home from Hogwarts and meet with Jo Lesky the child Narcissa and he was currently fostering. Sure Draco had always wanted a younger sibling but Lucius was not sure how his son would react to the Gender Neutral child that was staying with them. Lucius also did not know how Jo would react either as from the stories They had told Narcissa and him while Their oldest brothers had accepted Their identity Their sister had not, who unfortunately was in the same year as Draco. Lucius had hoped Draco had the maturity to handle this and he was thankfully proven right as Draco had greeted Jo Properly before inviting the Seven-year-old into his room. As Draco's room had been shut since he was at school it was one of the few places in Malfoy Manor Jo had not seen yet and agreed to go into the room. Draco had left the door to the room open, thought telling his parents not to enter it, as he and Jo began to play some of the games that Draco kept in the room. Their game playing even left Draco's room as Narcissa and Lucius joined them for some of them at a table in one of the drawing rooms for several hands of poker, go-fish, and Magical or Muggle.

 

Lucius had watched it all with a smile seeing Jo slowly warm up to Draco during the day and was even given him a nickname, of Drake, before going to bed. Yet while Jo had grown comfortable with Draco it was another story when the family had gone to Sirius's place for the Yule Ball. Jo had become incredibly shy and nervous spending almost the entire night with Their hand in Lucious as he talked to his friends and allies. When Lucius had met Harrisons' "Uncle Vernon" he had been surprised not only by the long list of complaints Harrison had gathered against Minvera McGonagall but also the man's treatment of Jo. Everyone else Lucius had talked to that night had offer Jo a small smile or nod just to acknowledge Them, but Vernon Dursley had gotten to his knees to talk to Jo while Lucius read through Harrison's list. Lucius watched in shock as the large Muggle man pull Jo out of Their shell telling stories about his son and Harrison, not even shying away from saying he had felt remorse for he had missed the abuse being done to Harrison and was now working to make things better. Lucius, who was listening with half an ear did not think this was an appropriate conversation to be having with Jo and was about to tell the man off, but before he could Vernon talked about having gotten to know Harrison better let him see the boy for how special he was. This caused Jo to asked if Vernon thought Their parents could learn the same lesson to help treat Them better.

 

Lucius's estimation of Muggles went up as Vernon admitted he was not sure but did say that there would always be people who supported and care for Them even using Lucius as an example making Jo smile at the man while giving Lucius's hand a tight squeeze. Vernon had then stood back up making Lucius wonder if the man had said be piece and would now wait for Lucius to finish reading the document, but the blonde Lord was surprised again as the Muggle went from standing to bowing asking if Jo would care to dance with him. Jo shot a look up at Lucius as if asking permission which Lucius gave. When he checked on the pair a little later he saw rather than hold Jo in his large arms and just twirl Them around to the music, Vernon had Jo standing on his feet as the pair danced together. It seemed Narcissa had also noticed Jo and Vernon dancing for later that night she also danced with the man, who she admitted to Lucius had been a perfect gentlemen as the pair had done a simple two-step with her.

 

When their family had left the Ball Lucius had sent a copy of the list against Minerva to the head of the Hogwarts Governors, but even he was shocked by the Vansel's quick work in deciding to have an inquiry against the woman the very next day. He guessed it had to do with Harrison's notes that he had taken on the woman which involved any bullying or abuse she had given out so far that year to anyone and not just Harrison. Thankfully the notes were also written in a way that would prevent someone who did not recognize the handwriting of the notes to realize who had written them.

 

Knowing that Albus might show up to speak for his pawn, that Lucius knew the woman was, he made sure to graciously bring over some coffee and muffins from Lily's Legacy so that all the Governors would be immune from Albus's Pied Piper abilities. The man showed up and at first, tried to get them to drop the case against his pawn by guilt-tripping them all but with the amount of evidence the group had they had not been that easily swayed. Lucius then saw Dumbledore try to get them to follow his orders by using the Pied Piper ability as he spoke slowly and in a gentle voice as if to hypnotize them. Lord Vansel got mad at Albus for wasting everyone's time for basically repeating himself as he tried to enchant them. Lucius did his best not to smile as with a vote of seven to five, Minerva McGonagalls' Tenure was stripped from her and she was fired for abusing or harassing multiple children that year alone, their reasoning for the firing rather than just probation came about with the Governor in charge of the records for Hogwarts finding past completes against the woman showing that her actions were not a new development for that year. It also did not hurt that one of the students she was often seen harassing had been Harrison who as the Boy-Who-Lived was seen a rather harsher than it would to less famous students. Lucius knew Harrison did not like his fame or using it in such a manner but Lucius, himself, had no such qualms about using it to rid the castle of one of Albus's pawns to better protect the students at present and one that would in the future come to Hogwarts. Lucius did not want to even imagine how bad it would be if the woman was still there when Jo started classes. He could see Minerva calling out Jo's birthname which Jo had dropped since it made others think of Them as a girl. Or if Merlin and Morgan forbid Jo ended up in Gryffindor where rather than have a room to Themselves or if They found they were Gender Fluid rather than Neutral ended up forming with the wrong Gender students.

 

Albus

 

Albus was filled with anger and confusion as somehow his family's magic had been unable to get Minerva off without even a blemish on her record. After all, this was not the first time the Governors had Minerva sit through an Inquiry. The only difference was his magic failed to work this time and bury it all, even worse the damn record keeper of the group had found the previous complaints against her during the hearing leading Minerva not to get put on probation but fired there on the spot. Albus knew he could not lose Minerva at the school for she was one of his real allies and not one he had to use the Pied Piper ability on to make her follow his lead. Minerva left the hearing to go clean out her office and rooms, the Governors having given her twenty-four hours to do so not letting her stay at the castle as the Hogwarts charters said she should be able to after being there so many years. Sharing their reasoning that since she had a habit of harassing and mentally abusing students she should not remain around them at all. Albus tried to think of a way that would keep her at the castle but his mind was drawing a blank for once.

 

An idea finally came to him as he returned to the Headmasters Suite. Seeing the complaints about Minerva's treatment to Harry might have been the real push for firing her all he had to do was enchant the boy to say she had not done anything to him, and while he was at it he could get the boy to switch houses as well. All he needed to do was get access to the boy, and from a letter, he had received from Petunia before the start of term, as well as one from Molly at the start of the Christmas break he thought he had it. Since Harry had come out and said he was not related to Lily there was no reason for him to be staying with Petunia's now ex-husband, even more so since the man was a Muggle. Albus only had to point out that as the man was a Muggle he would be unable to protect Harry if Death Eaters came to their home to take revenge on Harry for stopping Voldemort. He knew that this would mean that Sirius might gain custody of the boy being his Uncle, or Seveur being his Godfather but he had plans for them as well. With Sirius, all Albus would need to do was bring up the man's bullying past as well as possible mental issues that might have come about from Sirus's in Azkaban. While all he had to do with Severus was to reveal the man had been marked as a Death Eater to the public. Granted both these plans besides getting him access to Harry, since he was the boy's Magical Guardian, did mean he was most likely to lose his Potions Master and D.A.D.A teacher but he would rather search for new teachers for those subjects than lose Minerva altogether.

Chapter 32: The spell of Dorian Gray

Summary:

As a way to gain control of Harrison, Albus calls for a custody hearing.

Notes:

A quick shout-out to Carols_Sister for giving an idea behind this spell as well as using it on Dumbles and his pawns.

Chapter Text

The idea of calling for a custody hearing to regain control of Harry easily took root in Albus's mind as he summoned some parchment and quill to write up a letter to start the process. He ended up writing two letters, both of which he cast Anonymity Charms on so they would not lead back to him. He did not have any fear of someone taking off the spell for it had long been established in the Wizengamot, the Ministry, and even the ICW that such spells were left alone to protect people who might think they were in danger. In the first letter, Albus wrote it as if he was a member of the Wizengamot who had been at Sirius' trials months ago and had only just recalled that "Harrison" had mentioned being brought up in a Muggle Household. As his parents were both Magical, Albus under the guise of being a normal Wizengamot Lord had figured the boy must have been sent there due to the belief that he was Lily's son. Albus pointed out was an issue saying "Harrison" needed to be put in the charge of a Magical guardian in case during the Boy-Who-Lived time away from Hogwarts he was attacked by some Death Eater who remained free. Albus hated having to use the brat's birth name rather than the name he had first started to use for the boy for the Magical World but as the court documents had listed Harry's name as such he had to use it.

 

In the second letter, Albus wrote as another random Wizengamot Lord this time worrying about Sirius's mental state. Writing under the premiss that he had an old classmate of Sirus giving several examples of the men's already tenuous temperament while at Hogwarts as shown from his pranks and somewhat bullying nature. Added some statistics about Magicals who had survived sentences at Azkaban and had been released and what such conditions had done to their mental states. Satisfied with both letters Albus rolled them up and left them on his bedside table under heavy Wards, not taking any chances of them being messed with before he went to bed. The next morning after a quick breakfast Albus placed a Glamor on himself before heading out via the Floo to the Leaky Cauldon to use the Owl Post Office at Diagon Alley so the messenger bird would not be recognized. He then returned to Hogwarts to just relax for a bit waiting for the eventual summoning to the custody hearing to reach him.

 

Sirius was feeling giddy as he looked down at the Prince Courtship ring on his left hand glad that the Courtship was happening, but even better was the fact that Harrison, Remus, and even Severus's new Ward were all happy with the pair making their relationship official. The group had spent the entire day yesterday in a sort of family celebration for the start of their Courtship with only Neville being a little out of place but still taking part in it. Feeling happy for both his Uncle and Godfather at one moment Harrison had decided to ask what had drawn the pair to each other in the first place. Sirius had blushed a deep red at the question feeling a little ashamed at his answer. "Well as you know your father, Remus, and myself were not friends with Severus while we attended Hogwarts," Sirius said making Harrison, Remus, and Severus all nod in response. "Well, my interest in Severus all started due to a prank I had decided to pull on him. You might not know this Harrison but the three of us, Marauders that is, actually took a class that has been since removed from the Hogwarts curriculum known as Spell Crafting. During one of our assignments, we had created a spell that would for a short time, maybe an hour at the most, show a person's true self for all to see. Remus being the nerd he was, well is," Sirius said playfully smacking his friend's shoulder, "named the spell the Dorian Gray based on the old story The Picture of Dorian Gray where the man sells his soul so that his picture shows his sins and the ravages of time and not him. This spell would cause the person it was cast on to take on the true likeness as their soul as it were. We had used it on some students like a stuck-up girl named Erika Vaso who thought she was Magic's gift to everyone, and unfortunately had a crowd of males thinking the same thing. One the spell had been cast on her she turned from what some called a beauty, I never saw it myself, into something resembling an ogre."

"Oh I recall that incident," Severus said with a slight chuckle having never found the girl to be that good himself either. "Didn't someone start a poem or something about her changed looked that helped everyone recall it after she had changed back?"

"Yes, and surprisingly it had been Pettigrew," Remus said before reciting it, "hair of nettles, skin like mush face that could make a zombie blush. If memory serves he said he read such a line in a Muggle book during the summer and felt it applied to her new look."

"Anyway, I decided to use the spell on Severus under the idea he would either stay the same or take on the appearance of someone who had fallen to overcasting Black Magic. I imagined him gaining sunken eyes and scraggly hair and based on how much he used the Black Magic that we always assumed he did maybe a change of color to his iris. I, however, did not want to do this in public where it might show that James, Remus, and I had been the ones to create the spell. So I waited until I found Severus alone reading a book somewhere on the Hogwarts Grounds. I had a camera so that I could show the others what he had turned into to see if we should use the spell on him later. When I cast the spell I was rather shocked for rather than what I had imagined it would reveal about him, Severus in my mind became rather hot. I did end up taking the picture of him but I never shared it using it as a reminder of what type of person he was.

 

Though I do admit that after the time in Azkaban had made me forget about it. That is until I found the warmth of his wand when I snatched it away to destroy Molly's Howler in the Great Hall. After getting my name officially cleared I went in search of the picture but had been unable to find it I had to create a new one," Sirius said reaching into his robes and pulled out a small locket no one knew he had been wearing. Sirius opened the locket and let them all look inside to see a photo of a sleeping person who had long wavy hair spread out in a brownish-black halo around a lean smooth face that did not show the ravages that came from teaching Potions and brewing for over ten hours a day that Severus normally had. "I do apologize for taking the picture of you while you were sleeping," Sirius said with a blush, "but I was not sure if you would be alright with it if I had asked for a picture normally.

"I might not have been before I heard the story," Severus confessed before taking Sirius into his arms to hug him. Remus with a hidden smile on his face cast the Dorian Gray Spell on the pair of them. This led to some laughter from himself, Harrison, Tom, and Neville which drew the pair apart who soon joined in on the laughter. For while Severus looked like a cross between an action hero on a movie poster, and the man on the cover of a cheesy romance novel, Sirius took on the look of a teenager showing he was a child at heart. Sirius's spelled face showed more laugh lines than Sirius normally had on his face with some slightly longer bangs leading him to have to peer through them at everyone for a bit making it look like he was given them puppy dog eyes continuously. Remus quickly summoned a camera and took some pictures of the pair with both Severus and Sirius asking for a copy once they had been developed.

 

Sirius did get them all back for laughing at him as he, being the only other person who knew how to cast the spell anymore, cast it on everyone. Remus did not change that much as the only thing that happened was his body took on the appearance of what he would have looked like if he had never been turned into a Werewolf. Neville changed from a somewhat chubby and awkward boy into a straight-backed young male who had actual steel in his spine. Harrison was another that did not change that much physically rather as spell seemed to wrap around him making it almost hard for the others to see him except for Sirius and Tom. Tom, who Severus had been a little worried about seeing getting hit by the spell, almost seemed to take on the look of a knight or other sort of protector with a line of magic connecting him to Harrison, which for the moment was the only way some of their group could see the introverted First-Year. The spell also had been able to affect both Dursleys making it look like Vernon had lost more weight than he had while in a scene that reminded Harrison of the end of the Grinch That Stole Christmas had a design on his changed shirt that showed the man's heart was almost as big as his Uncle's normal-sized body.

 

Then there came Dudley, whose appearance did not bring out any laughter or joy for it, unfortunately, caught up in the self-loathing and worry that the former bully was at the moment trying to overcome making Dudley look like a pitiful creature huddled in on itself yet reaching for others just for the physical contact from them. Seeing Dudley's magiced new look caused some to flinch back from him, but not all as Harrison and his dad pulled Dudley into a tight hug which seemed to shift his appearance a little into a more fit boy with a smile on his face. The change surprised both Remus and Sirius had not known the spell was capable of doing it. While the events had started as a party to celebrate Sirius and Severus's new Courtship the group spent the next hour in a sort of group therapy session to help everyone better understand what their look had shown about their soul. Spending some of their time helping Dudley work out some issues as well as find out why Harrison even after all the positive changes that had happened in his life since receiving his Hogwarts letter still was trying to not get noticed and act like he was not even there. Harrison, with a shrug, had said, "I don't like the limelight people seemed to give to me for Dad and Aunt Lily's death so I do wish they would leave me alone about it and let me live my own life." The others did admit he had a point, with Severus and Sirius thinking about some members of the student body who still just could not accept that the Boy-Who-Lived was in Slytherin but barely opened up unless he was with his friends.

 

 

The day after the Courtship party an owl arrived at Padfoot's Dog House announcing the Custody Hearing for Harrison Orion Potter-Black. The letter came with summoning to appear for Sirius, Vernon, Dudley, and of course Harrison. The group was go to the Wizengamot chambers for the Hearing on December 30, in what was now the last order of business planned to be handled by the Governing Body for the year. Sensing Dumbles hand in the events Remus began to make some plans getting in contact with a few of his allies as well as Harrison's Account Manager. Thinking Albus was trying to either take custody of Harrison himself or place his cub with some of his pawns Remus began to teach the Dorian Gray spell to Severus so that if people were put forth as a new guardian for Harrison the pair could cast the spell on them to show what type of people they really were.

 

The pair were glad they did so for when the group arrived at the Wizengamot they found the Weasley were present, knowing that neither the Weasleys nor the Prewetts at the current time held any seats in the body the only reason they would be there is if Albus was trying to put Harrison into their custody to "raise him properly. Rather than the custody hearing being lead by a member of the Ministry's Child Services department but the Minister of Magic himself. Since the meeting was about who would get custody of Harrison the votes that Narcissa gave as both Harrison and Sirius's proxy could not be given as being the ones under review. Severus had been surprised to find that rather than a simple hearing with only a few members of the Wizengamot being selected to cast their votes on the proceedings the entire body was voting for it. This did prevent Remus from sitting anywhere close to them since as a Werewolf and with the anti-creature laws the body had passed the man was sent to the nosebleed section to only observe what was going on. This meant that it would be up to Severus to cast the Dorian Gray Spell on anyone put forth as possible guardians for Harrison.

 

The Hearing started with the reading of the anonymous letter that the Wizengamot had received about Harrison living with Muggles. Some members of the party who had attended Sirius's Yule Ball and had met Vernon called out asking what the big deal was. Albus had gotten to his feet tugging down his robe a little before he began to speak. "The big deal with Harrison living with a Muggle when he is not at school is his safety. I don't know much of the boy's home life itself at the moment but I am worried what if one of Voldemort's supporters those who call themselves Death Eaters finds out where Harry I mean Harrison," Albus said with a small cough, "lived. As a Muggle Harrison's current guardian could not protect him from any spells sent their way. And as many of this great body know a Death Eater would show no qualms about killing both Muggles of the family to get rid of Harrison."

"Does anyone have any objections to this statement?" Minister Fudge asked.

"Um, sorry, not sure if I am allowed to speak but I have something to say," Vernon said lifting his hand before he stood up.

"And you are?' Fudge asked looking down his nose at the man who he sent a small sneer at due to the man not dressed in proper robes of any sort.

"I am Vernon Dursley and am the Muggle, as you call me, who currently has custody of Harrison," Vernon said.

"Your time to talk will be later sir," Fudge said.

"But I have an objection to that man's statement about my nephew's and my family's safety," Vernon said not backing down.

"Very well you may talk," Fudge said.

"Thank you. Now when Harrison first came to live with my family a letter was with him. During this last summer, I finally read the letter and I think some of it might show the protections Harrison has," Vernon said pulling out a letter they had sent Kreacher to collect from #4 from his breast pocket. "According to letter sent by someone named Albus Dumbledore it is listed that before he left Harrison with us he put up something called Blood Wards around my home," Vernon said making several members of the Wizengamot gasp in shock. Ignoring the gasp Vernon continued, "Not knowing what Blood Wards were I sent a letter to Harrison while he was at school to look them up. I got my response back a few days later saying it was protection tied to Lily's sacrifice. Now while my sister-in-law was not really related to Harrison her sacrifice still tied them together. Having heard that the Wards might not be there due to Harrison and Lily not sharing blood I did have one of the men who had helped Harrison and my family better understand your World. He performed some tests that revealed the Wards were in place but also had some additions that would prevent someone with something called a Dark Mark from reaching my home," Vernon said before sitting down having said his piece.

 

For a few moments, there were some quiet mutterings among both the members of the Wizengamot and spectators who had been called to witness the hearing over the information. "Ah yes thank you for your comment,' Fudge said sending a quick look in Albus's direction as if wondering how to proceed.

"Yes thank you for sharing the protecting I had put in place for Harrison's safety," Albus said thinking quickly, "but having given them away in open session would make it easy for Death Eaters to now know of them and find ways around them. See everyone while Mr. Dursley does seem to care for Harrison his lack of knowledge in our world could lead to the Boy-Who-Lived being put in unknown danger. Yes for the moment his house is protected, but what about when he picks up Harrison when he comes home to Hogwarts or they go to Diagon Alley or another Magical Shopping district? Mr. Dursley does not know what to look for or possible signs of Dark Magic-Users," Albus said leading to more muttering from the watching crowd.

"You all seem to be forgetting that Harrison is my nephew so if you have an issue with him living with Vernon he can come to stay with me, in fact since we have shared Vernon's connection to Harrison they could all come to live with me," Sirius said standing up and not waiting to be called on.

"Lord Black while your comment is correct I am afraid there have been some comments about your ability to be Harrison's guardian as well," Fudge said pulling out several pages of parchment that the Ministry had received, unknowingly sent by Albus and some of his supporters, speaking out against the man. "These documents have given numerous accounts of you having the so-called Black Family Madness during your time at Hogwarts doing some rather reckless things. Become an unregistered Animuss to spend time with a Werewolf, without any knowledge if said Werewolf would accept you as fellow animals. Pranks that could be seen as a form of bullying to members of the other Houses at the school and even now threatening someone shortly after your name had been cleared," Fudge said flicking through the pages. Sirius almost let out a growl as he suspected Molly Weasley had been the one to write about him "threatening her" when he arrived at the Burrow to tell the banshee of a woman to leave Harrison alone. "Your time in Azkaban, while being illegal, could have also affected your mind bringing out more of the Black Family Madness," Fudge said almost slamming the pages of complaints against the man onto his bench.

 

As almost as if the slamming of the papers onto the desk had created an aftershock a loud bang filled the Hall causing everyone to look around for the source of the sound. With another bang, the source was found as a Goblin appeared before the table Harrison was sitting at. "Who the blazes are you?" Fudge asked making several Lords and Ladies flinch at his lack of respect for the Goblin.

"I am Bonebreaker, the Black Family Account Manager," the Goblin said in a clear and clipped tone of voice. "And I will not allow you to slander, my client. Yes Lord Black had been in Azkaban for nearly a decade but since he has been freed he has met with some Goblin Mind-Healers,' Bonebreaker said passing over the results of Sirius's meeting not to Fudge but to Madam Bones who knew such paperwork.

"These all appear to be in order Minister and according to the Goblins Sirius's mental health is pretty high," Madam Bones shared with the body.

"Is that compared to others or his past self?" Albus asked with a hint of a snide tone in his voice.

"He is healthy Albus that is all you need to know," Amelia said sending the man a small glare.

"I am just wondering for there are others who have magic that could just as easily take Harrison in. The Weasleys for instance," the man said waving an arm in the family's direction shocking Arthur and Percy Weasley who had not known why they had been invited to the Hearing before that moment. "After all Harrison has formed a friendship with young Percy here," Albus said walking over and clapping a hand onto the Gryffindor Prefect's shoulder.

"Sirius is perfectly capable of looking after his nephew if we decided to separate Harrison from Mr. Dursley," Amelia stated.

"Is he really?" Albus said his gaze flicking down to the new Prince Courtship ring on Sirius's left hand. "While he may be healthy that does not mean he is suitable. I see Lord Black is wearing a Ring of Courtship."

"What does that have to do with anything Albus?" Sirius asked growing at the old bastard.

"Well unless my eyes are failing me the ring shows that it was given by a member of the Prince Family. And as the only member of that line that I can think of is one Severus Snape. I know you had some issues with the man growing up and while I am glad that the pair of you have made up I am sorry to tell you Sirius but Severus was a Death Eater, who claimed to have seen the light and turned his back on Voldemort. But if this is a lie he may be using his relationship with you to gain access to Harrison to turn him over to his fellow Death Eaters," Albus said making the crowd burst into the conversation again.

"HOW DARE YOU!?" Sirius thundered wanting so much to reach for his wand and curse the bastard.

Severus on the other hand shared a small smile with Tom sitting beside him. "I am a Death Eater now am I Albus?" Severus asked standing up and causing the room to fall silent as if a spell had been cast leeching all sound away. "As this body knows from its trials against know Death Eaters members of that group were marked no matter what level they were in even if they had just joined. The marks were always placed on a person's arm either left or right depended on which hand the person was dominant with. Now tell me Albus do I look marked to you?" Severus said as he rolled up both his sleeves revealing pale arms. Severus had to smile for shortly after the Ritual to bring Tom back the now youthend former Dark Lord removed the mark from his arm. Dumbeldeo for once appeared to be dumbfounded his mouth hanging open in shock seeing the unblemished arms of the Potions Master knowing he had seen the Dark Mark on them before.

"Um, you could be hiding them under a Glamor," Albus put for.

"Then test me," Severus said as the Witch sitting beside him took out her wand and cast a spell to cancel a Glamor, Bonebraker even came over to prove there was no Goblin Glamor on him either since they could only be removed by his kind.

 

It seemed Molly had had enough of not taking part in the proceedings as she shouted out, "I don't care if he is not marked neither Sirius nor Severus is right to look after Harry he should be given to me to help raise him properly."

"Mrs. Weasley you will remain silent," Fudge said banging his gavel on his bench as many in the room sent the woman dark looks for having the gull to demand herself gaining custody of Harrison. Seeing this was as good as time as any since most of the body was looking at the Weasley family, Severus while keeping his wand in its holder used Wish Magic to cast the Dorain Gray spell on the entire family. Everyone let out a gasp as they saw the change come over the family. While Mr. Weasley and Percy did not change that much with their clothing taking on a glow making them look rather noble and a heart like what had been on Vernon's enchanted self appearing on Mr. Weasley's robes the rest of the family was another story. Ginny who had always done her best to be seen as a cute and hopefully good-looking girl was seen to now have the look of an old crone due to her pride at her own looks made overrode many decent qualities many children grew up learning by her age. Ron who saw himself as a hero while being nothing more than a bully to anyone he saw as weaker than himself changed to look like a troll his inner violent nature coming to light as what looked like small pictures of him fighting people appeared to float around his transformed head. Both Fred and George's bodies took on the look of young kids who were in the middle of playing a game they did not seem to understand but having fun as they did so. When Molly's form changed her mouth began to grow almost to three-time its normal size showing off her loud nature while her eyes and nose also grew which Sirius and Severus read as a sign of her sticking herself into everyone else business. Ginny, Ron, and Molly also had money bags hanging from their neck with signs posted of "Give me more money," written on each of them. The three were also now wearing dunce caps with "My beliefs" written on them showing that the trio was so consumed by their own beliefs they refused to accept anything else.

 

The hall was silent for a long moment as they gazed at the transformed Weasleys before Fudge began to yell at someone to turn them back or cancel the spell. Seeing the sort of Chaos the Dorian Gray had caused for the proceeding Sirius could not help but cast the same spell on Albus who thanks to his position in the room caused him to catch Minister Fudge as well. There were some reams of laughter as Fudge changed to look like a combination clown and court jester. But when it came to Albus there was no laughter at all as a Black aura seemed to bleed off the man in the form of a cloud. Albus's eyes appeared to be sunken with dark rings around them as the entire surface of his eyes between lids turned black as well and seemed to drawn people in as if it was Blackhole. The man's body became gnarled as his wand had been somehow transformed into a whip. But most shocking was a twisted and broken parody of a royal crown was placed on his head. As Albus, just like anyone else who had the Dorian Gray Spell cast on them was not aware of his change, began to call for order as people saw a wisp of Magic seemed to leave the man's mouth shaping themselves into musical notes. Sirius, Severus, Remus, Tom, and Harrison saw this as a sign of the man's Pied Piper ability manifesting itself.

 

"Enough," Fudge said banging his gavel on his bench. "I will not have these proceedings turn into a circus." Many of the crowd had to use their hands to stop laughing at the man's choice of words based on his current look.

"Then I call for a vote to get this settled," Lucius called out from his seat having been informed of the Dorian Gray Spell and its possible use beforehand.
"Fine all in favor of removing Harrison from his current home?" Fudge asked. Half the members raised their hands while the other half voted to move Harrison away from the Dursleys. After some more voting, it was decided that Sirius could move forward with his plan to have the Dursleys move in with him when Harrison was not at Hogwarts and let them all work it out before the hearing was called to a close. As if the Dorian Gray Spell had been waiting for the end of the proceedings its effect wore off as the ending gavel was used.

Chapter 33: The Trial of Albus Dumbledore

Summary:

The start of Harrison's second term at Hogwarts is pushed back as the trial is brought to the courts against Dumbles.

Notes:

Once again I will remind everyone that I have no actual ideas on how trials go and am basing this off of what I have watched on shows like Law and Order and my preferences to how the chapter should go.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

All the British Magical Newspaper on New Year's Eve printed the same story along with the same pictures. All of which came from Harrison's Custody Hearing as the Prophet gave Dumbledore a new nickname that of the Mad King with Fudge being his court fool. The articles told that the Headmaster, Fudge, and the Weasleys all cried out the changes that had been done to them had been nothing more than a simple Glamor cast on them to turn public opinion against them, The writer who had run the article had done some research on the spell that had been used and found out what it was from Sherry Wicker, the Witch who pushed the food trolley on the Hogwarts Express. She knew the spell for before she worked her current job she had held the post of the Spell Crafting Professor at Hogwarts before the class had been taken away. Sherry spoke of recognizing the spell as one that had been submitted to her for a final test by a group of students, though she refused to tell the names of the students. She did share with the writers the name of the spell and what it accomplished. Sirius and Severus's Courtship did not even make a small footnote in any of the papers who after proving the Dorian Gray Spell existence had gone onto an analysis of the changes that the spell had done to those it had affected. Fudge was the easiest to discern for it was a common belief the man was an idiot who wrote to Dumbledore asking for advice on everything from laws to even what type of stationery to use in his office. Molly, Ronald, and Geneva due to the similar aspects they shared showed them to be gold diggers who could not be distracted from their own beliefs no matter what anyone did to try to counter them. The twins were shown to be just plain children who wanted to have fun but not caring how much pain or trouble they cause to others. This analysis led to some Mind-Healers at St. Mungos to share their beliefs that the twins might have had some mental or learning disabilities making them see themselves as really younger than they were having never really grown up.

 

As for Dumbledore's form, it showed the man only sought to rule the world, alongside the news that he had been the one to cast the Fidelius Charm that had come out during Sirius' trial showed he had a dark side many had even know about. Teams of newspaper correspondents had gone into research overdrive finding out all the sorted little details about the man's life. The readers of the papers were shocked to read about a relationship Albus had in his youth with Gellert Grindelwald the last Dark Lord before He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named had shown up. The man's wand being changed into a whip had been discovered by Lextus Vush who had also discovered why the Hogwarts Caretaker, Argus Filch talked about punishing the students by whipping and placing chains on them holding them off the floor. A punishment that no Hogwarts student past or present had ever heard of happening. Lextus had discovered in his research that both FIlch and Albus would sometimes take students who had Dark Cores and single detentions to a hidden room in the castle to punish them in such ways before casting Memory Charms on the students making them think they had only written lines in punishment.

 

Harrison's family and allies were rather surprised that with everything they had been discovered about the man there had been no mention of his Pied Piper Magic. This did make Lucius's job easier in placing his evidence against the man in the Ministry. Lucius before Harrison's hearing had expected some hesitation in accepting all the evidence he had gathered about the Dumbledore family and its use of the Pied Piper which dried up after the articles printed in the papers. Finding the information from the article about what Filch and Dumbles had been doing Lucius had used his position as a Hogwarts Governor to do some research into the validity of the story. Lucius and the other Governors soon found the hidden room the pair had used and shut it down. Doing his own research of the events Lucius found out that he had somehow missed the fact that Argus Filch was the undeclared son of Albus himself from some unknown person. The Governors had not wasted any time in finalizing the motion to get Flitch out of the castle had already planned to do so thanks to what had been recalled in the article.

 

On January third the papers reported that the Hogwarts second term would be starting later than normal as Headmaster Albus Dumbledore had been brought up on charges and was to appear a full session of the Wizengamot. As Harrison's custody hearing had been the last Wizengamot session of 1991, Dumbles trial was their first order of business in 1992. Harrison though having been the one to discover much of the evidence against Dumbles he was not taking part in the trial at all, other than a witness along with Draco and his friends. The only ones of Harrison's allies that were unable to attend were Vernon and Dudley who as Muggles were not allowed to be there unless summoned.

 

Lucius having submitted the majority evidence against the man, that had been predated before the article against Dumbles had been selected to be the one leading the prosecution against Albus. Presiding over the trial as Judge was Magistrate Sophia Leonheart a Magical with a history of almost seventy-five years sitting on the bench and was considered the most incorruptible judge in Great Brittian. Albus decided to stand in for his own defense attorney, and much to the shock of many in attendance the man wore plain black robes rather than his normally overly flamboyant ones.

 

"The trial of Magical Britain Vs. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore shall come to order the honorary Magistrate Sophia Leonhart preceding," the head bailiff call out as everyone stood as Leonhart entered the chamber. In the observation seats, Harrison saw that unlike what had happened during Sirius's trial the seat Dumbles was sat in the chains did not wrap around the man's arms and legs. Harrison was not sure if that was due to the man representing himself so needed some mobility or if he still had some allies in the Ministry after all this time.

"Messer Dumbledore as you are the one on trial here you will be allowed to offer your defense first," Ministrate Leonheart said.

"Thank you Ministrate Leonhart. I will prove without a shadow of a doubt that what is being told of me is some elaborate Deat Eater plot to unseat me from my position of power which will make it easier for Lord Voldemort to take over once he returns," Dumbles said making almost everyone in the chamber flinch at the Dark Lord's name.

"What makes you think that monster is coming back?" Lucius asked standing up at the Prosecution table.

"Who else would try to discredit me besides that monster or his followers?" Albus shot back.

"How about the people who have come forward with the evidence against you?" Lucius asked.

"Gentlemen enough," Magistrate Leonhart said smacking her gavel for order on her bench. "Let's keep the discussion on topic, shall we. Lord Malfoy your opening statement if you will."

"Yes Magistrate," Lucius said straightening his robes. "I am here to prove that despite how high and mighty Albus Dumbledore portrays himself he is as dark as they come. A real Mad King to use the more recent title he has been given to him."

"Objection," Albus called out in a growl at the name.

"Susbstaned, Lord Malfoy please address all members taking part trial in proper terms," Leonhart said giving him a warning.

"I do apologize, Magistrate," Lucius said giving her a small bow before sitting down to allow Albus to proceed with his defense of himself.

 

"If it pleases the court I call forth myself to take the stand," Albus said.

"Very well, I assume I do not have to remind you to tell the truth at all times," the head bailiff said walking him to the stand.

"Of course not my dear madam," Albus said straightening his robes before sitting down. "I assure you that I have never done anything untrustworthy and all that facts that were printed in the recent issues of the Prophet, Quibbler, and Avalon Press were downright slander." Up in the observer seats, Harrison took not of the man's calm voice which he now came to expect when the man used his Pied Piper abilities. Up at the prosecution table, Lucius noticed it as well as he took notice to see if anyone reacted to the bastard's voice and which had either natural immunity to it or had been slipped the cure from getting some food from Lily's Legacy. Lucius breathed a small sigh of relief seeing that none of the Magicals working in the court proceedings were affected by the voice, while several of the members of the Wizengamot nodded along with Albus's words.

"Can you offer any proof of this?" Magistrate Leonhart asked making Albus shoot her a wary look.

"I can not but that is not my job to do so I leave it up to Lord Malfoy as a prosecutor to do so," Albus said looking at Lucius expectingly.

"Messer Dumbledore please tell the court of the death of Headmaster Dippet and your taking over as Headmaster?" Lucius asked. If the Dumbles was surprised by the question he hid it well.

"It was such a tragic event," Albus said sounding sad. "It happened shortly after the Chamber of Secrets had been opened nearly fifty years ago. The Monster of Slytherin killed off two people one had been a young student while the other had been Headmaster Dippet's son. Having lost the boy's mother when his son was only four Headmaster Dippet had been overcome with grief. He invited me up to his office to discuss the events after what we had assumed to the student opening the Chamber had been caught. Headmaster Dippet told me he could not take it anymore as he drunk some positioned tea killing himself so he could join his family." The man's statements caused those who had been affected by the Pied Piper to dab at their eyes having believed every word of the tale.

 

"Messer Dumbledor are you sure that is the absolute truth you are giving to the court?" Lucius asked.

"Of course it is," Albus said sounding shocked that anyone could doubt him as the crowd affected by the Pied Piper shot Lucius some dark looks.

"Very well, Magistrate Leonhart I would like to submit some evidence to the court," Lucius said turning to the judge.

"Objection I was not informed of this piece of evidence," Albus said from the stand.

"I submitted all my evidence along before the trial if you had no time to take a look at it that is hardly my fault," Lucius stated.

"Your Objection is overruled Messer Dumbledore. Lord Malfoy, you are welcome to present your first bit of evidence," Magistrate Leonhart said giving her ruling.

"I offer prosecution evidence 1-A the testimony of one Buttons DIppet," Lucius said passing over a bottle filled with the memory of his meeting with the Hogwarts Spirit.

"Objection Button Dippet died nearly fifty years ago no such man exists," Dumbles called out from his place on the stands.

"While my opposing counsel is correct that no man exists Button Dippet's spirit never left this plain and has been living as a Spirit at Hogwarts since his death," Lucius explained.

"As long as proper procedures when it comes to dealing with Spirits were use I shall accept the evidence," Leonhart said taking the evidence as she and her head bailiff went under some Wards to check the validity of Button's testimony. "This appears to be in order," she said after a few moments handing it to the member of her team that was reasonable for Pensive use and other communications of witnesses that could not make it to the court.

 

As the bottle of memories was added to the Court's Pensive the ghostly form of Buttons Dippet appear floating above it. "Please tell me your full name?" Lucius's voice was heard asking from outside the field of view.

"My name is Buttons Alabaster Dippet," Button answered.

"Very well young Messe Dippet would you inform me of how you died?" Lucius's voice asked again.

"It was close to this very spot," Buttons said before appearing to freeze in place.

"To please the court I would like to share that this interview was performed in the Hogwart's Library against one of the back walls that borders on the first floor Restricted Section," Lucius shared.

"I had found myself unable to stop myself from moving deeper into the library than I normally was allowed to perform my lessons," Button said coming back to life.

"What happened when you arrived there?" Lucius's voice asked.

"An unseen person began asking me about the Chamber of Secrets. I think the person asking me was under the impression that I know the location due to my father being the Headmaster. For after finding out I knew nothing the voice commented that to find out about it he would need to become the Headmaster himself. I had wondered why the voice would share this fact until they cast a spell that caused the closest bookcase to me to collapse drooping all the books it held on me burying me and leading to my death. I might have survived if I had been discovered in time but due to it being a very little traveled area of the library I was only found two days later after my dad cast a spell to track me down," Buttons shared before freezing in place again.

"For those of you that are unaware a dead Magical, if they do not pass on, takes a while to appear as a Spirit that can be seen by others unless their death was caused by some powerful Magical event," Madigstate Leonhart shared.

 

"What came next young Dibbet?" Lucius's voice asked as he memory resumed.

"As I had no idea who the speaker had been that ended up killing me. I began to follow my father around so I could find out who would be out to kill him. I did not find out who possibly killed me until a year later after the Chamber had been opened. My father was talking to the Transfiguration Professor about not pressing charges against the student who was opening the Chamber rather train the boy as the Groundskeeper. For a moment my father seemed to be against Professor Dumbledore until for some reason Professor Dumbledore asked again making my father instantly agree. My father began to write up the paperwork to allow the student to become a gamekeeper as Professor Dumbledore made them some drinks. I could not figure out my father's almost instantaneous change of heart so I missed what Professor Dumbledore added to the drink but almost as soon as my dad drank his tea, right after he signed the form, my dad only had time to grab his heart before he died collapsing over his desk. Unseen by Professor Dumbledore I watched him get rid of the evidence of him having been in the room before leaving. I watched Professor Dumbledore leave the room with my father's corpse just laying there, but not before he added some parchment to the documents making Rubeus Hagrid which had my father stating Professor Dumbledore being his chosen successor for Headmaster as well as a forged suicide note My father was not found until a day later not by Professor Dumbeldore but the Charms Master, Professor Flitwick who had come to a normal breakfast appointment with my father. Professor Flitwick immediately let the staff know of my father's death before he shared what he thought was my father's last bits of work before his death," Button said.

"Did you ever come forward to inform Professor Flitwick since he still is at the school?" Lucius's voice asked.

"No, for I watched as Professor Dumbledore took control he called all the staff up to the Headmaster's office and talked to them and when they had left almost every single teacher appeared to be in a trance," Button answered.

"You said most appeared staff appeared to leave in a chance can you tell me who did not?" Lucius asked.

"There was the newly hired Transfigurations teacher, Professor McGonagall, who came to the office and congratulated Professor Dumbledore for succeeding in killing my father and becoming the Headmaster. The other staff members that were not put into a trance was the Groundkeeper, Igor, and the castle's caretaker, Erika who also congratulated in taking care of my father," Button said before his form vanished into the Pensive.

 

"Do you have anything to say Messer Dumbledore?" Magistrate Leonhart asked.

"I ask permission to meet with my accusor since I assume that you have seen the memory was not manipulated," Albus requested.

"Very well, I shall send for a ritualist to bring the Spirit of Button Dippet here safely," Magistrate Leonhart said. "In the meantime Messer Dumbledore you can call your nest witness."

"Very well Magistrate Leonhart, I call forth my younger brother Aberforth Sheeve Dumbledore," Dumbles said leaving the witness stand as his brother was brought into the room and sat at the witness stand and sworn in. "Aberforther you know me more than most anyone else alive do you think I have it in me to kill someone?" Albus asked his brother.

"Yes," Aberforth answered sampling making Albus's mouth fall open in shock.

"Please explain," Albus said in a tense voice.

"I can see you doing what father had done after those Muggles attacked our sister and killing them as well," Aberfoth said.

"Fine, how about recently can you see me killing anyone nowadays?" Dumbles asked sending an annoyed look at the members who were the jury for the event as if fee;ign exaggerated by his younger brother.

"No, Albus the only ones I could ever see you kill were those bastards that hurt Ariana," Aberfoth said his voice slipping into the tone that Lucius and the others knew was a sign of the Pied Piper being used.

"No further questions," Albus said as he turned back to the defense table.

"Your witness Lord Malfoy," Magistrate Leonhart said.

"Heir Dumbledore why do you think that your brother could kill a couple of Muggles when you were kids but not now?" Lucius asked.

"For they deserved it for what they did to our little sister," Aberforth said as if this was the easiest thing in the world to understand.

"Yes we have all heard about what happened to her in the recent articles, and I do feel sorry for your family, but isn't there some reasonable doubt that your bother killed her himself during the argument with Grindelwald in your youth?" Lucius proposed.

"No it was not my brother it could only have been that bastard Grindelwald," Aberforth said in a way that reminded Harrison up in the stands the way Severus had acted when he had talked about the fake Prophecy which had lead to his dad and Aunt Lily's death. This startled Harrison to think that Aberforth who Lucius had shared with them over the Yule also had the Pied Piper ability had someone succumbed to it himself.

 

Having read about trials that took place in the Wizengamot chambers were some of the most protective of all trials in Britain, Harrison would have thought they would be spells in place to keep track of any forms of mind-altering magic being used to show that Dumbles's little brother had been enchanted on the stand. He suddenly smiled to himself recalling his hearing and how no one had detected Uncle Sirius and Severus casting the Dorian Gray Spell during the event as he accessed his Wish Magic to perform a Pied Piper Cleansing again sending his magic to Aberforth Dumbledore.

 

"I have no further questions," Lucius said thinking he would have to call for the man later to discuss some shady business practices that went on in the man's pub to throw doubt on his testimony.

"Heir Dumbledore you may step down," Magistrate Leonhart said just as Harrison's cleansing spell took effect.

"Can I change my earlier statement?" Aberforth said shaking his head as he got cleansed and throwing his older brother a dark look.

"It is highly irregular but I will allow it just this once," Magistrate Leonhart stated.

"I believe my older brother is capable of killing if it suited his needs and more so," Aberforther said making Albus look thunderous as under the defense table he balled his fist with so much force he broke a quill in half.

"Can you explain both that statement and your sudden change?" Lucius said leaping on the man's statement.

"My brother has always had a ruthless streak ever since our father was sent to Azkaban for almost killing the Muggles who broke my little sister's mind as they tried to make her perform Magic for them. A streak that only grew after my mother died and he gained access to our family's Grimoire where he learned of a special talent our family had access to," Aberforth said.

"Objection relevance," Albus said jumping to his feet.

"I will allow it, please continue Heir Dumbledore," Magistrate Leonhart said.

"Long ago when our family was known as the Dümlocks we entered into a long-standing union with a family known as the Masters. During this Union, which only ended when the families joined together to form the Dumbeldore family they created a special magical ability. This ability was based on the voice of a Siren and could usually lead to putting most Magicals into a trance within moments with only the members of the Black Family seeming to have enough innate Magical presence to be immune to it at the time of its creation. This ability was soon referred to as the Pied Piper Charm by my ancestors based on an old Muggle fable as my family worked on it so that it would be able to enchant anyone no matter how much Magical presence they possessed. While this partial worked as some of the family could use the Pied Piper Charm to enchant members of the Black Family they also found that due to their modifications to it it would randomly not work on all Magicals with no discernable pattern," Aberforth explained. "Now while some of my line choose never to use the Pied Piper others threw themselves into it as a way to make sure our family stayed wealthy and in power. I admit that I sometimes use it on some of my customers to get them to take a little extra food and drink than what they order but mostly I leave it alone.

 

Albus on the other hand practical use it as a third limb, which I found out when I saw him use it on Gellert Grindelwald to get the man to try to take over Europe and Asia before he killed my sister to keep me quiet. Knowing that I was aware of the Pied Piper and was using it Albus could not help but brag to me about some times he used it knowing I would never share it with anyone," Aberforth said his eyes never leaving his older brother's face glaring the entire time he had been speaking since Harrison had cleansed him.

"So why say anything now?' Lucius asked.

"For it seems Albus had also done some work on the Pied Piper Charm and had used it on me. I do not know why it suddenly ended but it has," Aberforth said.

"Very well can you share with the court some of the things your brother told you that he has done?" Lucius asked.

"Objection on the grounds of... of... of," Albus said but could not think of anything.

"Overruled Heir Dumbledore will answer the question," Magistrate Leonhart ordered.

"Well let's see," Aberforth said as he began to tick things off on his fingers," he admitted to using it on a student at Hogwarts who was the Heir of Slytherin to open the Chamber of Secrets to let the Monster out so it could kill someone. He continued to use the Pied Piper on this same student leading them a dark path and take up the name of He-Who-Should-Never-Be-Named," Aberforth said leading some gasp from the watching crowd. "Using his control of the man he got him to attack people who went up against my brother in the Wizengamot or Albus thought as a threat to him. I was told that he used it on a Death Eater to spread the word of a Prophecy which lead the Dark Lord to kill Lily and James. He used the Pied Piper to get authors to write various Harry Potter book series including my daughter to write a set of stories that took place during the Boy-Who-Lived time at Hogwarts. Even using the Pied Piper to try to get the Philosopher's Stone from Nicolas Flamel to make it follow the books he had my daughter write for him. This was the one time I got involved going to see Nicolas and using my talent in Pied Piper to have Flamel switch the stone for a fake before he sent someone to collect it," Aberforth said shocking everyone in the room rendering Albus speechless. "Oh yeah, there was another instant," Aberforth said, "he was almost in stitched when he informed me that nearly ten and a half years ago he used the Pied Piper on Regulus Black to talk the man into drinking some Draught of Dispare leading to him to take his life." At this, the hall fell silent as several people lost control of their magic causing a Magical Quake inside the chambers.

 

Sirius looked like he was ready to kill even if it led him to be sent back to Azkaban for Dumbles leading to his baby brother's death. Severus wanted to force-feed a potion that contained the world's most deadly poisons for the man killing one of his best friends. Narcissa Malfoy nee Black wanted to use her knowledge of the human body to break apart the man and put him back together over and over again until Dumbles lost his mind for messing with her family. Draco could only gulp in fear as he looked at Harrison whose entire body was shaking as if it was experiencing aftershocks from the Magical Quake. Harrison stood up from his seat as his unbridled magic ripped the seat which had been attached to the floor and sent it crashing into and almost through the magical enforce wall behind him. Hearing the crash everyone in the room turn to look at the cause, There were some gasps from the people who had Mage-Site as they saw what looked like a class five hurricane surrounding Harrison who had begun to walk down to the floor of the room a look of utter fury on his face wanting Dumbles to pay for killing both his parents. Draco had tried to stop him but Harrison's magic made it feel like the blonde had stuck his hands into a blazing fire causing him to bring his burnt hands back. Harrison could not even hear Draco and his friends trying to call him back his entire vision shrinking to Albus's form seated down at the chamber's floor. He did not even notice several court bailiffs trying to stop him only to get thrown away like a pair of paper dolls.

Notes:

I know I am ending it randomly but I had worked on the chapter for an entire day and it was starting to get late.

Chapter 34: Disorder in the Court

Summary:

Harrison loses control

Chapter Text

Trini gulped seeing Jason and Zack being blasted into the walls of the chamber when they tried to stop and contain the small slip of a boy. What was even more shocking was Tommy, who due to a trial which the Ministry feared becoming a Media Circus had been under a Glamor to offer more protection, had also been sent into a wall when he tried to stop the boy. Giving a nod to the team with her on the floor the three of them began to cast the most powerful Wards, Barriers, and Protections they could since the Magistrate, Prosecutor, Defense Attorney, and all witnesses could not have their wands on the main floor of the court. As the head bailiff for this trial, Trini had placed the three members of her team who could better physically restrain anyone who tried to disrupt the trial in the gallery while she had Kimberly and Billy join her as the better spell casters of her group to handle the main floor. Having seen how easily the young boy's magic had dealt with Jason, Zack, and Tommy with an unspoken agreement she and her team put up multi-layer protections around the court area.

 

Harrison had long held most of his negative emotions behind a strong mental wall, after finding out that giving in to them had done nothing but make his magic more likely to happen thus earning him punishments from Petunia. He had only really experience joy and happiness once Uncle Vernon had shown himself to be firmly on his side. As he had never had a chance to experience joy, happiness, and other so-called good emotions living with Petunia, Harrison had only discovered these types of emotions did not change that much of his magic as negative emotions did. Sure some of his spells seemed to feel like they were more powerful the happier he was but they never caused him to lose control of his magic if he experienced them. The last time he had lost control of himself had been the morning of his first Defense Against the Dark Arts class thanks to reading his father's Will. It was the class had been a joke and they had not cast any spells otherwise who knew what would have happened. Even while having to deal with Ronald and the two duels with the idiot had not caused him to lose control. He had logically approached the duels and had even become distracted as he looked into the whole language thing rather than let any concern or worry for facing the redhead weigh on him.

 

The same could not be said now as for the first time Harrison really got mad. As if a key had unlocked a door keeping his emotions and magic safely locked away both burst from him at once. All the anger he felt towards Albus for messing not only with his life but the man's ancestors having used the Pied Piper to mess with his family and others in the past. The long-buried anger for growing up under Petunia's thumb as she had Dudley bully him doing such damage to her own son's psyche all because Dumbles had left him there. The anger he had developed at how the man ran Hogwarts letting substandard teachers like the late Quirrell or the bullying members of staff such a Filch and McGonagall having free reign. The man's anti-Slytherin attitude which forced members of his house to have to travel in packs around the castle had to use a special charm inside their common room that tracked their health in case they got hurt outside of class. Dumbles trying to break up his family after they have all come to better understand and care for each other. All of these thoughts came rushing out after learning the man's hand in the death of his parents, his Godmother, as well as everything that he had read about in the Harry Potter book series.

 

With the floodgate of his emotions, open Harrison had no other thought than to hurt the man with no thought of the consequences. He was not even aware of his magic blasted anyone that got in his way or tried to hold him back into a wall focused only on Dumbles. Even with his anger at the man ruling his thoughts Harrison walked down to the man at his normal slow pace as he thought of ways to hurt the man from using his magic to toss the man around like a rag doll until Dumbles's body was bruised and battered. Maybe he would use his magic to shift the size of the man's organs shrinking some while making others grow and see how long he would live. Or should he cast the Dorain Gray Spell on the man before making the change permanent so everyone could see how evil he was if he survived that was?

 

Harrison let out a growl as he became aware of spells being cast to protect the man, which separated Harrison from Dumbles. Reaching the magical barriers Harrison slammed both of his fists into them but found them solid. Seeing Dumbles give him a small smirk made Harrison even angrier as he laid his hands flat on the barrier before he begins to push them apart making Dumbles and several people inside mouths fall open in shock. Once he had pulled the barriers a certain distance apart Harrison was able to get his fingers between the two parts and began to tear the barrier to shreds. Almost as soon as he destroyed the barrier down another would come into being to block his progress.

 

Faintly Harrison became aware of his Uncle, Godfather, and Narcissa calling his name but nothing would stop him from reaching Dumbles; Getting tired of taking the barriers down one at a time Harrison surrounded his wand hand in Magic, something he had never been able to do before as he began to control his wild magic. Opening his right hand Harrison gave the barrier a karate chop easily breaking through all the layers that had been set up between him and Dumbles.

 

Trini had never seen such a thing happen as the small boy broke through the barriers she and her team had put up as if it was wet paper. Kimberly, Billy, and her all raised their wands at the boy to do their jobs protecting members of the court as they let fly a trio of Stunners at the boy. She hoped that the Stunners did not mess up the kid's system too much, but to her shock, the three spells fizzled out before they even reached the boy as he began to make his way through the barriers. Losing hope her team cast any spell they could that could incapacitate the boy, yet all the spells fizzled out before they could affect him. Thinking fast Triri gave a signal to her team as they worked together to pull the Magistrate's desk from where it was magically attached to the floor to try to use it as a way to block the boy. The desk did not reach the boy as it seem to catch in midair before it blow apart in a shower of Ironwood bits.

 

Tom arrived back to the courtroom and just stood in shock at the total pandemonium before him. Tom had been shocked for everything had been fine when he left to go the bathroom a few minutes ago. He sort of expected something to have happened for as had been washing his hands he had felt a small spark in his chest. The sensation caused him to jerk a little which caused him to drench his robes in water. Tom had hurried into one of the stalls so no one would see him using "underage" magic to dry his robes. As he left the stall he saw someone at one of the urinals making him wash his hands again lest he is thought to be a gross punk before he was able to get back into the courtroom. Seeing Draco, his hands shaking with a look of pain on his face and the spot next to him where Harrison's seat had been nothing more than a broken crater Tom asked, "What in Merlin and Morgan's middle name happened here?"

"Dumbledore's brother said that the Headmaster used that Pied Piper thing to talk Harrison's father into killing himself," Draco said.

"So?" Tom asked looking around but unable to spot Harrison with all the people on their feet in the room some worry on his face for the small boy's safety.

"Harrison lost it," Draco said making Tom notices twin streams of tears falling from the normally stoic First-Year's face. Without even thinking Tom pulled out his wand and healed Draco's hands letting a small gasp seeing they looked like the young boy had held them in a fire. "Thanks," Draco said looking up at him his freshly healed hands still shaking a little.

"What happened to them?" Tom asked hoping to get Draco to focus seeing he appeared to be a little in shock.

"As I said Harrison lost it. I reach over to comfort him when we learned about his father but his magic was going haywire," Draco said even pointing to the wall beside the door Tom had used to reenter the room. Looking over Tom saw one of the court seats smashed into the wall almost completely mangled.

"What happened next?" Tom asked looking back at the blonde.

"Harrison started to walk down to where my dad and Dumbles are, and anytime anyone tried to stop him they went flying away," Draco said making Tom's heart plummet. Tom had to agree with Draco's assessment Harrison appeared to have lost it in more ways than one if his magic was acting like it was.

 

Suddenly there was the sound of something breaking apart making the courtroom fall silent apart from some gasp from people. While it was not something someone of his real position should do Tom climbed up onto the back of a chair so he could see what was going on. He saw Harrison walking through the rainfall of scrap that had been, by the color of the wood, the Magistrate's desk as the three bailiffs placed themselves between Harrison and the others on the floor. Seeing what looked like the remains of a magical barrier between himself and Harrison, Tom worried about what the young boy was going to do. Fearing the worst with Harrison's magic going haywire and the First-Year not responding to any calls for him to stop Tom knew he had to act fast lest Harrison ends up killing Dumbles. Taking a deep breath Tom filled his mind with a spell he learned back before he had gone after James and Lily as he began to fly above the seat without the use of a broom. Not caring that due to how young he looked he should never know that spell, but knowing that using it was the quickest way to reach Harrison, he flew over everyone's heads towards the main floor. With a wave of his hand, he got rid of the rest of the broken magical barrier before he came into a landing between Harrison and the three bailiffs. "Harrison you need to stop," Tom said stretching out his arms to block as much as he could the people behind him.

Unlike others who had tried to communicate with Harrison in his current state, Harrison responded. "He killed them, Tom. He killed my parents," Harrison said his voice breaking in emotion.

"I get that Harrison, but if you continue on as you are no better than he is. And I know you are so please stop and let the courts deal with it," Tom said shocked to find himself actually pleading with Harrison to spare the bastard's life. He knew that the old man deserved to die but he did not want Harrison's very soul to be corrupted by being the one to do it.

"He killed them all," Harrison said tears starting to run down his face.

"I know Harrison," Tom said gently as he gingerly reached forward and placed a hand on the younger boy's shoulder. When he did not feel as if his hand was being burned by Harrison's magic Tom pulled the young boy into a tight hug. Tom almost gave a small chuckle to himself thinking he had been late coming back to the courtroom due to his robes getting drenched and now here he was letting them get soaked again as Harrison began to cry his eyes out. "There there Harrison let it out," Tom said soothingly running a hand over the green hair stubble on the top of the small boy's head.

 

The moment was ruined, however, as the dumbass spoke up. "Thank you, my boy."

"One I am not your boy, and secondly I did not do this to protect you," Tom shot back over his shoulder glaring at the man. "I did it for Harrison if he killed you it would have ruined his life, and I could not allow that. But I think I just lied to him as well for I don't trust the courts to fully deal with you correctly," Tom said making both Magistrate Leonhart and Lucius open their mouths with looks of anger on their faces. "So I call forth the judgment of Lady Magic herself to judge you, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, for what you have done to Harrison and all the others whose lives you have messed with. So say I, Lord le Fey." As the whole chamber had fallen silent when he had landed in front of Harrison there was a gasp at him calling for the Lady's judgment as well as his line.

 

In the time it took the Lady to pass judgment on Albus as in the meantime the three bailiffs approached Tom and tried to take Harrison into custody for what he had done. Tom did not let Harrison go, and almost pulled his wand on them. "I think it might be a good idea to go along with it nephew," Severus said coming over.

"They can take custody of Harrison but I am staying with him," Tom said holding Harrison tight to his chest.

"Very well," the Asian Magical who seemed to be the one in charge said leading Tom and Harrison out of the room and into a small holding cell. Sitting down on the bench in the cell Tom pulled Harrison onto his lap as for some reason an old lullaby came into his mind.

 

Sleep little one have no fear
When you awaken I will still be here
Let your dream be filled with joy
Love and laughter my sweet little boy
Though shadows climb up your walls
Dream yourself a Prince dancing at a ball
Dream of adventure dream of fun
living your best life under the sun
Though we may not be together or grow apart
Know that you will always have a place in my heart

 

Tom could not figure out why the song had come into his head or why he had felt the need to sing it to Harrison but he had done so seeing it helped the younger male fall asleep clutching onto Tom's robes. "I am sorry about all this," one of the bailiffs said. We can understand how the news would have affected him but his actions while understandable did cause a bit of damage and hurt several people.

"He is not going to be in too much trouble is he?" Tom asked the glasses-wearing Magical.

"It should not be too much for as far as I know the only people he sent flying were members of our crew, and as I said hearing that the defendant led to his parents' deaths and his age will be taken into account. So is there anything I can get either of you?" the bailiff asked

"I don't think so at the moment, but thank you," Tom said adjusting Harrison so he was lying on the bench with his head in Tom's lap.
"Right call me if you can think of anything. If not we will bring you in when the Lady's Judgement arrives," the man said before going to stand in the doorway looking out into the courtroom. Finding himself alone with his thoughts now that the bailiff was gone and Harrison had fallen asleep, most likely to recover from his magical exertion and emotional overload, Tom was a little surprised that his flying without a broom to reach Harrison had not been asked of him yet.

 

A noise from the door caused him to look up to see Sirius, Severus and Narcissa trying to get into the room only to be stopped by the bailiff. Knowing from his past that even though Sirius was Harrison's guardian the trio would not be allowed access until the trial had ended. Even if all that anyone could do at the moment was wait since Tom had called for Lady Magic's intervention in Albus's fate. Tom was almost tempted to ask the bailiff to let them in seeing if it would be allowed or not but had a feeling if the trio were allowed in they would wake Harrison up, and Tom wanted to make sure the younger male regained his strength more then he would want to let the others know Harrison and he was alright and being treated fairly.

 

It was a little more than ten minutes before the head bailiff came in to collect Tom and Harrison as a roll of parchment had appeared in the creator left over the where the Magistrate's desk had been. As Tom had been the one to call for the ruling he was the only one who could open the parchment. Shifting Harrison into a sort of bridal carry Tom left the holding cell and once more reentered the courtroom. Passing Harrison over to Sirius, Tom walked over to collect the parchment feeling the eye of everyone in the room on him. Taking a deep breath Tom unrolled the parchment and read the message written by Lady Magic.

 

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore due to your actions against your fellow Magicals for years on end in your thirst for power you have been judged. As what should have happened ages ago I strip the Pied Piper ability from you and your kin wiping all knowledge of how to make a person learn this skill from all records but my own. I also give you the punishment from one that you have wronged came up with. You will be unable to truly hide what sort of person you are let your outer form match the darkness of your soul.

So say I, Lady Magic.

 

As Tom stopped reading Albus's form began to change to what he had been enchanted to look like during Harrison's custody hearing, though without the crown or whip. Also unlike when he had been under the Dorian Gray Spell, he could now see his form himself rather than only able to see it via magical photo or in a Pensive. "While Lady Magic has punished you I will still carry out a sentence," Magistrate Leonhart stated from a hastily prepared bench. "Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore you are nearby sentenced to Azkaban for the remainder of your life, with no hope of parole or reduction of your sentence." Magistrate Leonhart said baning her gavel into her makeshift bench as the bailiffs came forward to take him away.

Chapter 35: Wrapping things up

Summary:

As we approach the end of the story some characters find their lives getting better.

Chapter Text

As Albus was escorted out of the court several more bailiffs came in to take custody of Aberforth Dumbledore for while he had shared the news of several illegal activities of his older brother he was getting arrested due to confessing to using the Pied Piper on his customers. As both Dumbledores were lead out Magistrate Leonhart moved into the holding-cell area where Tom had returned to after he had read Lady Magic's sentences. "Alright now that is taken care of let's move on to you young man," she said summoning a chair to sit and talk to Harrison and Tom.

"Am I going to be in trouble?" Harrison asked in a small voice curled up on Tom's lap.

"How much trouble do you think you are in young man?" Magistrate Leonhart asked.

"So much that I am getting arrested as well since I hurt several people and almost killed a man," Harrison said.

"You are not getting arrested young man. Granted at the moment you are in a holding cell but that is only to keep you close while giving you a chance to calm down. I am going to recommend you met with a Mind-Healer for a while," she said.

"Is that all?" Harrison said lifting his head a little not believing that he was getting off so easily.

"Unfortunately not," Magistrate Leonhart said, "you will be placed on a sort of probation where all magic that you use outside of a classroom for the next couple of years will be tracked and registered. This does include any spells you use during the summer at your Uncle's home."

"So he would be like a Muggleborn who can't cast spells outside of school?" Tom asked recalling the letters that Hogwarts sent out with all the students on the last day of school before they got onto the train.

"No, he could still cast spells but they will be cataloged, and if he does any sort of spell that would be considered dangerous or being cast with too much power we would go from there," she said.

 

Lucius caught up with the team of bailiffs escorting Aberforth to the Ministry Holding Cells asking for a moment to talk to the man. After getting the go-ahead from Trini, Aberforth was taken to a room where lawyers would meet their clients. "Mr. Aberforth I would be willing you offer you a plea deal if you give us all you know of your brother's illegal activities. The Ministry is willing to reduce your sentence from a life sentence as Albus received to just ten years, with possible time off for good behavior," Lucius said.

"He is no brother of mine," Aberforth said. "What about my daughter?"

"As her only crime was publishing books under Albus's control she will not be punished as long as she publishes any more of them in the series," Lucius explained.

"I agreed, what about my home and business in the meantime?" Aberforth asked.

"As you confessed in court that you used the Pied Piper on your customers your license to sell food and drink has been revoked," Lucius said.

"I am a little happy about that I never wanted to do it in the first place," Aberfoth said.

"On a personal note, I would like to offer you a trade of properties. I would like to take ownership of the building that the Hogshead in exchange for a farming property to live at after you get out of prison. The agreement or denial of this deal will not affect the plea deal which if you take rather than being sent to Azkaban you would be serving out your sentence in Joklvsu, which is a medium-security prison that has no Dementors in attendance."

"If I agree to this deal what becomes of my family line since Albus and I are the only two members of the line left?" Aberforth asked.

"I will look into that if you like and get back to you," Lucius said having not considered that aspect of the now double arrest.

 

When Lucius went back to Aberforth with what had ended up happening to the Dumbledore family line when the man finally agreed to the plea deal, it shocked the man. It seems that when Harrison had given in to his anger during the trial from what Albus had done to his family it had been considered a Lordship battle. While no fight had taken place since Albus had been arrested he had lost his Lordship to Harrison. But after everything that Albus and the line had done through the years Harrison had wanted nothing to do with it so the line had passed on to another. Since Tom had acted to save Albus' life during the trial Magic itself produced a Life Dept Albus owned to Tom making him next in line to take over the House of Dumbledore. The young orphaned agreed to do it making a vow that he would do better with the family than Albus ever had. Aberforth just nodded not caring anyway but not wanting his family line to die out.

 

Lucius was glad that Aberforth had also agreed to exchange the properties as he took control of the Hogs Head and cleaned the place up while putting Aberforth's belongings into storage to be retrieved when he got out of Joklvsu. Once the Hogs Head was cleaned up Lucius changed the pub into a physical long-lasting store for Lily's Legacy rather than the normal pop-up stores like the rest of the company had. He even worked it out with Julie Rosmerta that he would only have the place open in the morning and Hogsmead Weekends for the Hogwarts students to not affect her business.

 

When Hogwarts resumed classes Lucius found himself extremely busy with his fellow School Governors as they searched for a replacement Caregiver, Transfiguration teacher, and now Headmaster/Mistress. Wanting to make one decision Lucius finally submitted Severus and Sirius's suggestion to the group and was not shocked that Remus Lupin was chosen to take over teaching Transfiguration while Bathsheba Baddling became the new Head of Gyrffindor House. For the Caretaker the Governors gave the job to Glen Matthews a Magical from America who used to work at a Muggle Hospital. It was the post of Headmaster/Mistress which was currently causing their current headache as none of the current teachers at Hogwarts wanted to take over the role. They had to put the job posting out on the International job search for Magicals with the correct qualifications. In the end, they accepted Mavis Humphries-Molturd despite her being a few years younger than a normal Head would be when they started but she had several Masters in various subjects, a history as an educator and her husband, Wilberforce, who would be joining her was a descendent of the famous Nicolas Flamel. Though by the time they found them the current school year was nearly over so would officially take over as Headmistress at the start of the next term,

 

For Harrison and the rest of the students at Hogwarts not having a Head of staff did not make much of a difference to their second term. Some students did complain that they missed McGonagall and Dumbledore, mostly those from Gryffindor like Percy's younger siblings, yet not a single person missed Filch at all. Ronald, Fred, and George, thanks to an article that had come out over the Yule Break regarding Harrison's Custody Hearing which showed a picture of them under the Dorian Gray Spell had found themselves at the very bottom of the school's pecking order. Hermione, though she did not get any paper that showed the picture, had distanced herself from Ronald after the time apart from the redheaded First-Year and talks with her parents found that he had been using her for his own gain without really doing anything to pay her back.

 

Without the two members of staff getting on his case for not being what they thought he should be Harrison had a quiet rest of the year and even allowed his hair to grow back a little, though he still dyed it every couple of weeks. Harrison was even dragged to a few games of Quidditch by his friends and Uncle. Not that he spent any time watching the game but with his nose deep in a book only giving a cheer when those around him did, though he somehow managed to start a wave going when he left his seat during the Slytherin vs Hufflepuff game to go to the restroom. Harrison did enjoy the rest of the school year proud of himself for being ranked in the top ten of his class. He never aimed for the top spot nor would he get it due to how little he answered questions in class preferring to just sit and do his work and let it speak for itself. Even with Remus being his teacher once more as well as his Uncle and Godfather having their own classes he still preferred Charms thanks to his special relationship with Professor Flitwick as one of the few people who could answer most random questions that came to him.

 

The only "excitement" that took place during the second term of classes for the year was the reaction to the news that Severus and Sirius had begun to Court each other which remained a topic of discussion almost to the time everyone went home for the summer as most wondered when they would officially tie the knot, and since they shared rooms at the castle if the pair were sleeping together yet. A question some would try to get answered by asking Tom about it, leaving Harrison alone. This was due both to Harrisons normally quiet nature, but also since several students who were Heirs had been present at Dumbledore's trial they sort of feared Harrison now for the display of power at the event. Tom almost had to laugh when some First-Year students from Ravenclas asked him if Snape and Sirius were sleeping together and asked why they were not talking to Harrison since he was in their year. The group shared a shudder of fear and as they walked away, Tom not answering them, the former Dark Lord was pretty sure he heard one of the group mutters that one had to always fear the quiet ones.

 

When Harrison and his friends got off the train on Platform 9 3/4 Draco and Tom stuck close to him in case Ronald's younger sister tried to do the same thing she had done at the start of the Yule Break and try to get close to him. Percy was also keeping his eyes out as he ushered his younger brothers over to his dad not seeing his mom or younger sister. When asked about it Arthur told his third oldest son that he had left Molly and Ginny with Muriel to not create the scene again. Arthur had then leaned in and whispered to Percy sharing that he and Molly had been having some issues since the Yule and on the advice of a marriage counselor were taking part in a trial separation to see if some time apart could help repair their relationship. Percy promised not to let his younger brothers know until they were home having a feeling Ron at least would throw a fit if told on the station and try to attack Harrison who had gone over to great his family before heading out.

 

Harrison was a little surprised to be picked up by Uncle Vernon and Dudley when he got off the train. He was happy about it for it meant that Vernon had accepted the offer to come live at Padfoot's Doghouse, as Harrison had not been informed that Uncle Vernon was just watching him until Uncle Sirius had finished his end of term work at Hogwarts. Harrison's surprise grew as they reached the parking lot and he saw a U-Haul attached to the back of his Uncle's car. "We have one last trip to go before we are officially moved into Sirius's place. I thought you would want to pack up your old room yourself, not that you used it that long," Uncle Vernon said as the three of them climbed into his car and took off to Privat Drive.

"Thanks, Uncle," Harrison said with a smile.

"So how were your year-end tests?" Uncle Vernon asked as they got stuck at the stoplight just outside the parking lot.

"I think I did rather well. My lowest grade was for Astronomy and that was only a low EE," Harrison said.

"That is great, how about after we pick up your stuff we go to a place of your choice as a reward?" Uncle Vernon said proudly having long ago learned the grading scale used in the Magical World's school system.

 

The small families spent the ride to Privat Drive for the final time talking about all the good news that had happened since their last letters to each other. Dudley while not having as high as grades as Harrison did manage to get almost all B with one C plus which considering he had in previous years gotten usually Ds with his highest being a C minus showed some great improvement that year. Both Dursley men had also lost some weight, Dudley through his change of diet and some exercises, while Vernon who to get away from Petunia and Arabella Fig had gotten permission to spend some nights at Padfoot's Doghouse. When Vernon stayed at Sirius's place due to how close it was to his work ended up walking to work rather than driving giving him some exercise which not only helped him lose some weight but also put him in a better mood during the day making his employees find it easier to approach him and talk to him. This lead to Vernon learning of some issues at his company and working to fix them which reduced the number of accidents and made it a better place for everyone who worked there. "We even won a reward from the city for breaking a record of days without incidence for our field," Uncle Vernon boasted.

"Congratulations Uncle," Harrison said as to his shock at the next stop of the car Vernon pulled out the reward from the glove box and passed it back to Harrison who was able to read the small plague had been dedicated to him.

 

The good times lasted until they pulled into the driveway of #4 to find Petunia, Marge, and Mrs. Figg waiting for them. "Marge, what are you doing here?" Uncle Vernon said as he got out of the car.

"I am here for Petunia, she called me. You are living this delightful house to live God knows where and preventing her, and I assume myself from seeing my nephew again since you did not inform me of such a move," Marge said seeming to inflate in anger again. "Dudders you don't want to do that you want to stay with your Mum right?"

"No," Dudley said though it seemed to pain him.

"But Dudders Mummy misses you don't you miss her?" Petunia cried out.

"I do miss you mom, you are my mother, but you were not a good one," Dudley said his body tensing up a little.

"What? Dudders don't say such a thing to your mother she is good or is Vernon seeing someone else?" Marge said turning to glare daggers at her brother. Granted she had not been able to live with Petunia for more than two weeks but as far as she was concerned the woman was the best thing to happen to her brother.

"I am not seeing anyone else, Marge, but I had my eyes opened to the damage she was doing to the boys," Vernon said placing a comforting hand on both Harrison and his son's shoulders.

"That brat who cares how you treat him from what Petunia always told me his parents were bums. And as I always said if there is something wrong with the bitch there would be something wrong with the pup," Marge said pulling out an umbrella from under her arm and making as if to hit Harrison with.

Vernon immediately pulls the boys behind him glaring at his sister and resisting the urge to slap her. "I was going to let you see Dudley once we got settled but not with an attitude like that if that is how you treat a kid you know nothing about I don't want you near either of them." Turning to his ex-wife Vernon then said, "Petunia if you want the house it is all yours if not I will sell it in a week." Vernon walked Dudley and Harrison to the front door and unlocked it for them telling them to do their packing as he stood outside preventing the three women from entering the place. Due to Dudley having finished the majority of his packing already and Harrison not having that much stuff, to begin with, both boys were soon finished carrying a single cardboard box out of the house. Seeing they were done Vernon lead them back to his car calling out he would send the keys to Petunia if she decided she wanted to move back in before he drove them away.

 

That summer Vernon received a couple of surprises, more than just being able to see Magic in action or his increased weight loss. The first came a week after Harrison had come back from Hogwarts when Sirius shared that Headmistress Humphries wanted to see him and talk about the Hogwarts Muggle Studies Classes. Since most Muggleborn Magicals views on the subject were a little skewed due to learning Magic and with Albus having kept the class the same way for over forty years. Since Vernon was a Muggle and knew not only about the Magical World but due to his relationship with Sirius, Remus, and Snape about Hogwarts he had been on the shortlist of candidates to the new Headmistress to meet. Vernon had been surprised as Sirius took him on a trip on the Knight Bus to reach the Magical castle wishing he had time to explore it as he had done with some of Dudley's old schools on back-to-school nights. He was introduced to the new Headmistress who looked fairly young for the job but he had long since learned not to judge a Magical by their looks when it came to age. Throughout his meetings with her, he shared some topics the Muggle Studies class should learn such as Muggle to Magical money conversion and some inventions Muggles had created. But the two that he really focused on was a study of Muggle laws which could lead to issues if a Magical broke if they were not aware of them. The other one was how to dress like a Muggle to blend in recalling several times that his family had run across Magicals who came to say hello to Harrison while still dressed in their robes marking them as different from Muggles.

 

At the end of the meeting when she asked if he had any further suggestions Vernon wondered if it was possible for the parents of Muggleborns could come up to see and walk around the castle. He explained to her about back-to-school nights that Muggle schools did to allow parents to see what their kids got up to while they were in class. Mavis and twirled some of her blonde hair as she thought about it finding it a very interesting idea though to pull it off she would need not only the Hogwarts Governors but most likely the Ministry's approval as well.

 

The second surprise that Vernon got was a letter in the mail, via a PO Box he had set up due to Padfoot's Doghouse not getting a normal post. The letter was from Sycamore Academy, which was even more elite and prestigious than Smeltings, informing him that Dudley had been approved to become a student there. Vernon was happy thinking it was Dudley's increased grades that had gotten him noticed by the elite school whose graduates were said to all go on to the best colleges all over the world. Making sure both he and Dudley were in their very best clothes Vernon arrived a little early for the interview and was told to go right in. The pair of Dursleys were greeted by an elderly man in a green pinstriped suit. "Ah Mr. Dursleys, young Dudley welcome to Sycamore Academy I am Headmaster Legvistus it is pleasure to meet you both at last," the man said shaking both their hands. "Now I am sure you have both heard that our campus and school takes only the very best of students and such students go on to do great things for our world?" the man asked in a jovial tone.

"Oh, yes nothing but the best which is why I assume you offered a place for my son after seeing his grades improve so much this last school year," Vernon said sitting down in the chair before Headmaster Legvistus's desk.

"Well your son's grades are good they could be better, but in truth one of the reasons this school only takes certain students is due to their home life. Your recent move put Dudley on the list to my fine school here," Legvistus said patting the top of his desk.

Vernon was a little confused on how moving in with Sirius had done anything that would get his son accepted into this school. "What do you mean our move put him on the list?" Vernon asked.

"It is quite simple while this is a typical school the student population has one thing in common," Headmaster Legvistus said, "you see every student here is either a Squib or comes from mixed Muggle and Magical Families. If Dudley comes here he would not have to worry about accidentally revealing he knows about Goblin Wars or the Magical World for everyone here teacher and student knows about them as well. We have classes on them so that non-magical siblings can learn about the Magical World such as what you did during Harrison's prep lessons before school started last year."

"While this does sound nice what would the cost be?" Vernon asked.

"To you nothing at all, every student at the school is given a scholarship by either a family member or someone else to be taught both Magical and Muggle subjects for their future. According to our records, Dudely's scholarship was supplied by Heir Prince-le Fey-Dumbledore," Legvistus said passing over the paperwork for Vernon to look at. Vernon was surprised that the young teen who had spent a lot of the Yule ball dancing with Harrison was paying for Dudley to go to school here. As he went through the paperwork Vernon heard the elderly Headmaster start talking to Dudley. "My grandson, Theo, has told me some great things about you young man," which caused Dudley to blush a little. Vernon had been happy to send Dudley here for the school's fantastic results but now hearing that his son would be taught both Magical and normal subjects finalized it for him as he signed his approval for it right then and there. Headmaster Legvistus Nott had smiled before he gave them a quick tour of the campus showing off some rooms that had been magically expanded so they were larger than they looked such as a library that helped sections for all subjects taught at the school.

 

A week before Harrison turned twelve Vernon got another letter from Hogwarts letting him see that the idea of letting Muggle parents head to the school had been approved, but rather than being during the school year the families could come to check out the castle during a weekend over the summer before classes start in groups. As it had been his idea the Dursleys had been put in the first group with several other Mugglesborn families and were given tickets to ride the Hogwarts Express for the trip. The only bad side of the trip was it was taking place on the weekend that Sirius had agreed to take Dudley and Vernon to see a Quidditch match having heard about the sport and wanting to see it themselves. The only thing that prevented Dudley from sulking as he was finally going to see an honest-to-goodness Magical Castle.

 

Vernon, Dudley, and Harrison left Padfoot's Doghouse Friday afternoon to catch the Hogwarts Express for their weekend at Hogwarts Castle. There they were joined by at least twenty other families for the train ride to the school, though the only one Harrison knew enough was the Gryffindork Dean Thomas seeing the one quite Lion in his year had three sisters and a mother joining him on the trip to the school. Harrison did not see any families that had students from Slytherin, but in truth that did not surprise him after he read an article from the end of term when the new Headmistress had finally come to take her new position. She had found spells placed on the Sorting Hat so that made sure no Light Core or Muggleborns were ever sorted into Slytherin House even if they really belonged there. Harrison's family chatted happily as they rode the train to Hogwarts looking over the list of different events that were taking place over the weekend. Events such as guide tours by the Heads of House, a show that allowed the students to show some of their spells that they had learned to their family, and Dudley's great joy an exhibition Quidditch Match. The witch that pushed the food trolley was still on the train but rather than just sweets on her carts there were more healthy food and actual meals for everyone to enjoy during the trip.

 

Arriving at Hogsmead the Dursleys, as well as the other Muggle families, not to mention the former First-Year students marveled at the ride of horseless carriages taking them up the castle. The group was greeted at the door by Headmistress Humphries-Molturd, her husband, and the four Heads of House. The Muggle families were directed into the Gear Hall where Harrison led Uncle Vernon and Dudley to the Slytherin table to sit down for supper. Though there were not that many people in the Hall the new Headmistress gave them a small welcoming speech before the food appeared on the tables like it normally did during a feast and special occasions. Dudley had to stop himself from loading up his plate and recalling his portion control as he saw all the food around just the three of them at the Slytherin table. Harrison had forgotten that Dudley had been classified as a Squib for at one moment he let out a small gasp as he saw Bartholomew Augustus Reginald Black and the other Spirits enter the hall. Vernon had looked at Dudley a little concerned before he also let out a similar gasp after a special spell was cast by Headmistress Humphries-Molturd that allowed Muggles to see the Sprits of Hogwarts castle during the visit. With both Uncle Vernon and Dudley able to see and hear the spirits, Harrison was able to introduce them to his ancestors when they came over to say hello. Actually since Harrison had gotten to know all the Spirits of the castle they all came to meet the Dursleys. Vernon, after learning about Friar Tucker, actually tried to shake the Spirit's hand, having always loved the story of Robin Hood which is how Harrison had known it in the first place. Friar Tucker had been so pleased by Vernon's enthusiasm said he would love to take to the man if he had any free time during the weekend to share his story.

 

After the small feast, Harrison led his family to the Slytherin Dorms where they would all be sleeping pointing out to them which armchair he preferred in the room due to its location for reading while he hung out with his friends. He showed them which bed in his room was his before he used it to go to sleep as they climbed into random beds themselves. Harrison smiled a little seeing that without even knowing it Dudley had taken the bed Theo used. The next morning after a quick breakfast Harrison gave the Dursleys a tour of the castle, at least when it came to his classrooms, and took great pride in introducing them to Professor Flitwick as they passed him leading some of the Muggle families of his Ravenclaw students around. As he was the only one from Slytherin at the event Harrison was allowed to show off his magic to his family without doing an exhibition all he needed was a member of the staff. And as Vernon had been helping revamp the Muggle Studies class guided both boys to the classroom for the class they found the Muggle Studies Professor there willing to be the witness. Harrison showed off the Lumos, Wingarduiam Leviso, Flipendo, and the leg-locker jinx getting thunderous applause from Uncle Vernon and Dudley with each spell.

 

The only bad part about the weekend was when they had headed down to the Quidditch Stadium and Uncle Vernon had come across Hagrid. No longer fearful of Magic or the large man Vernon got on the gamekeeper's case for giving Dudley the pig's tail at their last meeting. Harrison had to smile as the man for a while had been as bad as Dumbles and McGonagall always inviting him to tea no matter how many times Harrison said no. Or like the other two unwilling to call Harrison by his real name always referring to him as "H'rry." Dudley and Harrison had to literally pull Uncle Vernon away from the large man lest they be late for the game. As they turned away it seems someone had come up from behind Hagrid during Vernon telling him off for Harrison thought he heard his new Headmistress asked Hagrid if he had really given Dudley a pig's tail, but hearing no more as they entered the stands. For once Harrison watched the game and cheering for it alongside Dudley and Uncle Vernon as he followed the Seeker on one team looking for the Snitch.

Chapter 36: A Quiet Question

Chapter Text

Due to Dudley taking classes at Sycamore Academy he was able to pick up several of his books at Diagon Alley when the Dursleys joined Harrison and Sirius in picking up supplies for the Second-Year. As Severus had said he was busy their group also had Tom join them as he picked up the stuff for his Fourth-Year. As there was a low lever potion class taught at Sycamore Dudley was able to pick up some Potions supplies as Harrison and Tom refilled their supplies for Snape's classes for the term. The group also went to Eeylops Owl Emporium to get owl treats and food for Hedwig, Gruntly (Vernon's Owl given to him by Sirius back in chapter 19), and Thaddius the owl Theo had given Dudley as a gift at the start of January. When the group entered Flourish and Blotts they received a surprise as they saw McGonagall working at the store. Seeing them she gave them a grimace her eyes flashing as she said through gritted teeth, "Welcome to Flourish and Blotts how may I help you today?"

"Hello, I am looking for the books of a grade seven for Sycamore Academy," Vernon said not recognizing the woman and thinking she was just a normal worker having a hard day at work.

"Very well follow me," McGonagall said still talking through her gritted teeth leading the Dursleys to the section of the store which contained the course books for Sycamore Academy letting Tom, Harrison and Sirius collect the books for the Hogwarts year.

"Never thought I would see the day," Sirius whispered to Harrison as he collected the Standard Book of Spells Year Two from a high shelf.

"What seeing her work in a book store?" Harrison asked just as quietly.

"Well yes, but what I mean is seeing they got her to actually smile. Talk about creepy.  I mean even when I was a student she, as your dad once told me, had a stick so far up her ass if she ever laughed he thought he would see it in the back of her throat," Sirius said with a laugh as Tom who was getting his Standard Book of Spells beside them let out a snort. Thankfully Harrison and Tom were able to collect their new books and buy them before the former Transfiguration Professor got done helping the Dursleys get Dudley's books.

 

When it came to going back to Hogwarts since Remus was also a teacher he could not accompany them since he, Sirius, and Severus had to be at the castle a few days before the start of term.  As a way to keep with the protection of Harrison from harm Narcissa joined Vernon in taking Harrison, Dudley, Tom, Draco, and Jo to Platform  9 3/4.  It had been rather funny for Dudley and Harrison to see the three Malfoys, Jo having been fully adopted by Narcissa and Lucius at the end of the last school year, reaction to Vernon's new mini-van during the trip from Padfoot's Dog House to the train station.  Dudley was glad that Sycamore Academy started after students left for Hogwarts so he could see Harrison and the others off.  As he hugged Harrison goodby before turning to shake Draco and Tom's hands in farewell Vernon was surprised to hear someone calling his name.  Looking around his mouth dropped in shock seeing his friend Chuck coming over to him.  "I thought that was you, Vernon," Chuck said reaching him.

"Chuck?  What are you doing here?  Don't tell me one of your kids is a Magical as well?" Vernon asked though he knew it had to be true since they had already passed the barrier to reach the platform.

"Yep, Tim and my oldest got a letter a few weeks ago, and then this nice woman came and told us he was a Wizard," Chuck said as his husband and two kids came over.  "You remember my husband Tim, and our kids Colin and Dennis?"

"Of course I do we I may have moved away from Private Drive but it is hard to forget a milkman like Tim.  He was the first one to point out that Harrison was being mistreated, not that I believed him at the time.  I am sorry about that by the way Tim," Vernon said shaking the other's hand in apology.

"At least you found out the truth before it got too bad," Tim said.  "So I of course recognize Harrison and Dudley but who are these others?"

"Well, I never revealed it but Harrison is not my nephew.  The blonde is his real cousin Draco Malfoy, while this is Tom Prince the cousin and ward of his Godfather after an accident killed Tom's parents tragically last year.  Both of them are in Harrison's House at Hogwarts," Vernon said rather proudly like any parent gushing a little about their offspring.

"Nice to meet you all," Tim said shaking Draco, Tom, and Harrison's hands.  "Can I ask you, boys, a favor?"

"What can we do for you, sir?" Draco asked.

"Chuck and I are a little worried about Colin do you think you could show him around and look out for him?"  Tim asked.

"We will do our best, even if he ends up in another House," Tom said seeing the young boy looking around in wonder at everyone on the platform while tightly holding onto one of Tim's hands.  Harrison and the others helped load Colin's trunk into the large cabin they had claimed before returning to say a final goodbye to Vernon, Dudley, and Narcissa.

"See you at Yule Uncle Vernon," Harrison said giving him a tight hug.

"Maybe even sooner," Vernon said with a sly smile as the train gave the final whistle to let students know it was about to take off.

 

That was not the only shock of the day for an hour into the trip, after Theo and Blaise had joined them in their cabin and were introduced to Colin the group heard a disturbance in the train's main corridor.  Blaise and Draco who had the seats closest to the door stuck their heads out to see what was going on.  A few moments later the pair shared what was going on.  "Percy's mom is out there," Blaise said making Harrison give an annoyed grunt wondering what the woman was doing on the train. 

"Don't worry cousin I don't think she is on the train because of you," Draco said sitting back down.  "She seems to be pushing the food cart.  I wonder what happened to the woman from last year?"

"I don't know she was still doing it during the summer when I came with Uncle Vernon and Dudley," Harrison said.

"So the disturbance was her pushing the food cart?" Tom asked.

"She was getting told off by one of the conductors," Blaise explained.  "What little I heard the short time we observed her, the conductor was reminding her that she could not deny food to any student, nor give her kids free food."

"I am guessing they meant the twins, Ronald, and Ginevra," Harrison said unable to see Percy not paying for any food from the cart.

Before anyone could respond to Harrison's statement the door opened and the woman herself poked her head in.  "Anything off the cart?" she asked with a smile plastered to her face.   Everyone in their compartment saw the woman's eyes flash a little seeing who was sitting in it.

"Just a chocolate frog for me," Harrison said planning to send the card to Dudley who had started to collect them after finding the ones Harrison had.

"A pumpkin pastry for me," Draco said.

"Some Bettie Berts Every Flavor Bean," Blaise stated.

"Some Cauldron Cakes," Theo said

"I would like to order the sampler for our young friend here," Tom said as they all passed some money to the woman for their treats.  Tom shared a look with Harrison and Theo seeing the woman pocket some of their money before giving them their change.  The three of them decided not to mention it at this moment as they accepted their food from the woman.  As Percy's mom closed the door and moved on Tom used his wand to cast a detection spell not trusting the woman to put some sort of spell on the food she was handing out.  He only gave them a nod to start eating when the results came up negative for any spells on the food.  As they ate their snacks the group informed Colin why they had reacted to the woman in such a way and directed him to beware of all the Weasleys at Hogwarts except for Percy.  After they had eaten their snacks Tom told the others he was going to use the bathroom while he was in fact going to talk to one of the conductors about having witnessed Molly pocket some of the money from their order.

"You are the sixth person who has given me this same complaint," the conductor said rubbing the bridge of their nose in annoyance.  "I will make sure you get your money back."

"She gave us the right change just saying it so you would know why your results at the end of the trip might be off," Tom said getting an odd look from the conductor making him realized he had spoken like his adult self.  "Um, my dad was instructing me in business matters before he died," he explained.

 

When the train arrived at Hogsmead Station the students saw the head conductor informing Molly Weasley that due to trying to steal money for the company and several kids she was getting fired making the woman look like she was about to explode at him but surprisingly hold herself back from screaming at the conductor.  As the students exited the train they also found that unlike last year Hagrid was not calling for the first years, rather it was a woman in a black trench coat that was summoning the First-Years to her.  Harrison and the others directed Colin towards the group of new students saying they would see him up at the school.  As Colin left them Percy joined them in their carriage as they rode up to the castle.   As they rode Percy explained why his mother had been working as the food trolley attendant on the train.  Percy shared that the separation between his parents had gotten worse leading Molly to have to find a job to get by.  Harrison was able to tell the others why Hagrid was not greeting the students at the station.  He shared that after Vernon had told Hagrid off during the summer the new Headmistress talked to the man before having a personal meeting with Vernon.  Having discussed how Hagrid had delivered all of Harrison's letters last year which had almost led his uncle to have a nervous breakdown.  How Hagrid after giving Harrison his letter had used some magic to give Dudley a pig's tail before he had left Harrison on the doorstep of Private Drive for a full day alone.  It did not matter that Harrison had the Portkey that took him to Gringotts for Hagrid had not known about the Portkey.  Headmistress Humpries-Molturd hearing all this ended up firing Hagrid for his misuse of authority during a task he should never be given in the first place.  "Father told me he was arrested last week," Draco shared.

"Why?" Percy asked unable to think of anything Hagrid would have done.

"Well, my father said he got drunk after losing his job and being told to leave the Three Broomsticks at last call and made his way to Lily's Legacy, I guess under the impression that it was still the Hogs Head and broke into the place.  He was taken in for drunk and disorderly conduct in public," Draco explained.  Now that Percy could see happening as it was a common belief that the man had trouble holding his liquor and would somehow use magic.

 

During the sorting Harrison and the others watched as Colin was sorted into Hufflepuff as they all gave him a round of applause, unfortunately, Percy's sister ended up getting sorted into Slytherin and tried to sit next to Harrison, not that any of his friends moved out of the way to let her sit down.  Harrison just ignored the girl rolling his eyes as he looked up at the staff table seeing his Uncle, Godfather, Remus but also the woman who used to push the trolley.  When the Sorting was over Headmistress Humpfries-Molturd stood up and properly introduced herself as well as welcoming them all to another year of classes.  She then gave thanks to the House Elves for preparing the food before allowing everyone to eat.  After the feast was over the Headmistress introduced all members of staff both returning as well as the new hires.  It seems that she and the Governors had brought back some classes Dumbles had removed from the curriculum over the years.  The woman who had pushed the food trolley had been rehired as the Professor for Spell Crafting, a man named Lester Moore was the new Magical Law teacher, and the new gamekeeper was introduced as Becky Vantuff were the only new hires from last year.  Headmistress Humphries-Molturd let them all know that she was trying to get more classes back but it was going to take a few years.  Best of all, at least in Harrison's opinion was that she did not have everyone sing the school song before sending them to bed.  During his Godfather's opening speech to the House Harrison sat as far away from the Weasley girl as possible using Tom's larger form to hid from her while sitting in one of his favorite couches in the room.

 

Compared to last year Harrison saw that there were changes with his class scheduled as the Slytherins no longer had the majority of classes with the Gryffindorks but rather had an equal number of classes with the other three Houses.  Another change was that just like the second term Granger had pulled away from Ronald and started to hang out with the girls in her House.  Neville who had to do an assignment with the bushy-haired girl told his friends in Slytherin the reason for the change.  It seemed that during the weekend where Granger and her Muggle family came to Hogwarts over the summer she had hung out with the other two Muggle girls in her year and House and without Ronald around actually seemed to hit it off.  Ronald now hung out by himself as everyone from Harrison's year knew the boy was a bully with quite a lot of anger issues.  The only people who seemed to like being around him were his older twins brothers, Shelby Lesky, and his sister.

 

Another random change from Harrison's First-Year was the Headmistress's husband Lord Humphries.  While the man had a job of his own he was not always at the castle but he made it a habit that once a week he would set up shop in an empty classroom.  The man along with some Hogwarts House Elves would repair any damages done to the school robes of any students free of charge.  His reasoning for this was since the students were all still kids they would be active and could sometimes damage their clothing.   Lord Humphries also started to hold small parties and shows once a month to keep everyone entertained, though he never had one go on at the same time as a Quidditch Match or a Hogsmead weekend for the upper years.

 

Quidditch was another change for Harrison, who thanks to Draco making the team found himself being pulled to all the games even when Slytherin was not competing.  Harrison still spent the time with his nose in one of his books just reading and doing his best to ignore Percy's sister who kept trying to get close to him.  He only really reacted to her once when during a game she snatched his book from him making him glare at her as he summoned the book back to his hand without a word.  When she reached for the book again she found a Ward placed around it preventing her from touching it and from what Harrison's friends told him later began to complain.  Harrison not being aware of this since she had tried to talk to him since the welcoming feast and he found her voice granting he had used some Wish Magic to make himself unable to hear her.

Harrison's classes were much the same as the second term of last year after he no longer had to worry about Dumbles or McGonagall.  Wherein he was ranked one of the best in homework, but due to his low participation in class he was not higher in his year, still being beat by Granger not that he cared about it at all.  The only class that he was considered the top student in was Potions, not due to any favoritism from his Godfather, but due participation in the class was tied to brewing rather than answering questions or willing to step forward to give an example of the spell for the day.

 

One the weekend of the first Hogsmead visit for the upper years Harrison received a surprise at supper as he saw Uncle Vernon sitting up at the staff table with Sirius, Severus, and Remus.  After the meal, Harrison went to his Uncle and Godfather's shared rooms to find out why Vernon was there.  "Did I surprise you, Harrison?" Vernon said giving him a tight hug and letting Harrison see the man had lost some more weight as for the first time Harrison was able to fully wrap his arms around the man.

"What are you doing here? Wait did something happen to Dudley?" Harrison asked his mind filling with worry for his pseudo-cousin.

"No, Dudley is fine relax," Vernon said gently.  "I wanted this to be a surprise, but during my meeting with the Headmistress over the summer besides talking about Hagrid she shared with me an idea she had for the Muggle Studies class.  She thought it would be a good idea for the Muggle parents of the students to come in to talk to the class about their jobs in the Muggle World.  And since I was the one who helped readjust the class I was selected to be the first visitor.  So after she got her idea approved by the Governors and the Ministry they sent me an owl to invite me to speak.  She even planned it so we would talk to the class during the lesson on Friday so we could spend some time with our families," Vernon explained.  Harrison was overjoyed to spend some more time with Uncle Vernon at Hogwarts, though he would miss Dudley being there as well.  Uncle Vernon did pass on that Dudley was doing well at Sycamore Academy with his grades being even better than they had been last year at Smeltings.  And since Colin as a First-Year would not have his dads be able to come to Hogwarts yet Vernon was able to pass on a message to the young Hufflepuff from his family as well as take some of the photos Colin had started taking of the school back with him, including one showing all the friends Colin had made in his own House as well as with Harrison's group of friends who had accepted the young boy into their number.

 

During Harrison's Second-Year he did not spend as much time in his Godfather/Uncle's shared room as he had the year before due to the pair starting to plan their bonding ceremony.  Harrison still had chats with Remus and Professor Flitwick though as both helped him gain more understanding over various obscure fields of Magic than what was currently taught at Hogwarts.  If not with them Harrison more often than not would be found with either his three best friends or Tom when he was not working on homework.  Harrison had found out a little more about the bond between him and Tom since their time shifting into their Animagus forms.  While Tom and he were connected for the moment there was no romantic relationship between them but more of a protector and their charge, such as when Tom had stopped him from hurting Dumbles during the trial.  Harrison could admit that Tom was not that bad looking but he guessed he was too young for anything else at the moment, and Tom accepted that.

 

When Harrison and his friends headed home for the Yule break, besides being glad that the Weasleys were all staying at the castle, Harrison was surprised by some news from Uncle Vernon.  The man was almost bouncing in place as he waited for Harrison to go home and shared his news in the car.  It seemed that due to his work with the Hogwarts Muggle Studies Class and his connection to Harrison he had been approached by the Ministry to become a sort of Muggle Ambassador to help correct some wrong information that had been spread about non-Magical people from what Albus had allowed being spread over the years of his running Hogwarts.  Vernon was still running his drill company but at least twice a month he would meet with a new Ministry department known as Muggle Affairs, which was being led by Arthur Weasley.  During the meetings, Vernon answered any questions that anyone had while keeping the Ministry up to date about things like CCTV and how to spot them so that Magicals would not cast spells before them thinking they were alone and reveal Magic to people who were not ready for it.  This new job also came with some perks such as an enchanted wristwatch which would make it so that Vernon was given the same protections as an Heir/Lordship ring but also had a small button that would summon Magical Law Officers.  This would allow Vernon to watch over Harrison by himself if need be without having to rely on Sirius or anyone else if they went out anywhere in the Magical World.  Vernon proved this by taking Harrison, and Dudley to Kelpie Alley to go to a restaurant, where he even nodded to some people he now worked with at the Ministry and was nodded back to in response.

 

Harrison had another fun Yule/Christmas this time with the Ball taking place at Theo's Home letting Dudley meet all of Theo's family besides just his Grandfather.  But when he returned to Hogwarts he was horrified.  It seems while he was gone Ginevra had gained access to his, Theo, and Blaise rooms.  The crazy stalker girl had covered Harrison's bed with flower petals except for his pillow where she put a magical photo of herself in nothing but her underwear, that she had also left on his pillow.  Harrison immediately summoned Kreacher and had him get his Uncle and Godfather.  When the pair saw what had happened Sirius had left the room to get the Headmistress while Snape had used his position of Head of Slytherin House to make some adjustments to the Wards which would prevent anyone from entering anyone else's room unless invited in by all the inhabitants of it.  This overrode his previous Wards which would only stop people from entering if the person inside was asleep and it was not their room.

Headmistress Humphries-Molturd was a normally happy woman but she did not put up with any form of bullying or harassment behavior giving out detentions for students who did not seem to learn to leave people alone.  So upon seeing what had been done to Harrison's bed she used her connection to the school to find out if Ginevra had any help.  The castle, through a bit of parchment, informed her that the girl had let Ronald into the Slytherin dorms where they not only set up what had been done to Harrison's bed but gone into other rooms to do other stuff.  Among some of the stuff, the pair had done was breaking other students' belongings, making Draco glad he had taken his Nimbus 2001 home with him over the Yule so he and his father could give it a once over.  Having no other choice, Headmistress Humphries-Molturd expelled both Weasleys, though not having their Wands get snapped.

 

With the pair gone from the castle, and the Weasley twins still trying to find a way to prank someone from every House without it being too mean so Sirius would train them, Harrison had a quiet rest of the year.  Having no worries about his classes Harrison was able to get involved in helping to plan for his Uncle and Godfather's Bonding Ceremony that they had scheduled to take place summer after classes let out.  Harrison learned that the pair wanted him to take part in the event by being their Ribbon Holder, explaining his position as the person they both trusted to handle the ribbon that would symbolically bind them together during the ceremony which at the end would become their wedding rings.

Sirius and Severus also showed him that they had finished planning everything for their Bonding but so they would be able to head out onto their Honeymoon after the event rather than back to class they were waiting for the summer.  Harrison saw that Sirius had chosen Remus as his Bestman while Severus had picked Lucius Malfoy.  Harrison was not the only one to take part in the Ceremony as Dudley and Draco had been chosen to be Goblet Holders, which he was told meant they were a little akin to Groomsmen for the,  As for Vernon due to the fact Severus had no immediate family left that was of age had asked him to be a stand-in since Sirius had not only Harrison and Narcissa, but thanks to being the Lord of the Black line had brought Narcissa's older sister Andromeda and her husband and child back into the family.

 

When the Bonding Ceremony took place Harrison could not help but smile seeing his Godfather and Uncle in their Dressrobes standing before a crowd of friends and family getting married.  When directed Harrison stepped forward and like he had been taught wrapped the red and silver ribbon around the hands of the pair before quickly stepping back into place between Uncle Vernon and Narcissa.  Magistrate Tony, who was officiating the ceremony asked if anyone had any objections to the pair being Bound but it was not surprised when no one spoke up.  Magistrate Tony raise his hands above the pair and asked one last question, "Do you accept each other for who you are as well as who you will be?"

Chapter 37: A Loud Answer

Summary:

The much requested events of Sirius and Severus' Bonding

Notes:

This was first posted in my Half-Brewed HP stories before I decided to add it to the main story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Magistrate Tony, who was officiating the ceremony asked if anyone had any objections to the pair being Bound but it was not surprising when no one spoke up. Magistrate Tony raise his hands above the pair and asked one last question, "Do you accept each other for who you are as well as who you will be?"

"You bet we do!" Sirius almost screamed as he grabbed the collar of Severus' robes and pulled the other man to him. Sirius planted his lips onto the Potion Master's for the kiss to seal their bonding. As the Bonding Ritual registered the kiss a wave of magic washed over the crowd, who had begun to cheer, as an orb floating above everyone opened up and confetti rained down on everyone. Some in attendance who were not as close to Sirius and Severus were confused by the confetti's color of yellow and green thinking the pair was also announcing that one of them had taken a Bearer Potion and they were expecting a child. Harrison knew better as he had helped set up the confetti bomb with the two favorite colors of his Uncle Sirius and Godfather Severus. Many would also be surprised to find out that Severus who always dressed in black clothing had chosen the yellow confetti since it was his favorite color but he found he did not have the correct skin tone to pull off dressing in said color.

 

Remus from his position of Sirius' Best Man also knew about the colors of the confetti bomb but was more interested to see the pair still kissing each other. With an upturn of his lips, Remus casually pulled out his wand and cast the Dorin Gray Spell on the pair of new husbands wanting to bring out a laugh from the crowd to show Severus' look of a Muggle action movie hero kissing the "teenage" Sirius. He was therefore shocked when the spell took effect and showed both men shining with a bright light making them look positively angelic. Not knowing that Remus had cast a spell on them to show off their inner souls' true nature at that very moment the crowd began to cheer louder than before thinking this was part of the ceremony. The increased cheering finally got the pair to break their kiss and take a bow before they began the receiving line for their guest.

 

Starting the line was Harrison and the rest of the wedding party who congratulated them before standing beside them to thank the guest for coming themselves. Since Harrison had only been the Ribbon Holder, something he found was rather like a Ring Bearer from a Muggle Wedding, he was standing at the end of the receiving line next to Dudley and Draco who had been Groomsmen for the pair. Since Harrison tended to focus on his reading and learning about magic rather than connect with people apart from his friends, and Dudley who attended Sycamore Acadamey, Draco was able to let both know the names of the guest as well as their connection to Sirius and Severus if either boy did not know it already.

 

Harrison was surprised to not only greet Percy and Mr. Weasley but also met Percy's two older brothers. He could not help but give the pair of older men a calculating look since apart from Percy and Mr. Weasley he had not had many good interactions with the rest of the family. Percy explained that his eldest brother, William or Bill as he liked to be called worked for Gringotts while Charlie worked on a Dragon Reserve doing research on the mating and territorial habits of Dragons in "captivity" compared to Dragons who lived in the wild. Having never considered such a subject before Harrison was slightly intrigued by it but before he could ask any questions the line moved on as the Weasleys went back to their seats.

 

Dudley did end up introducing some of the guests to both Harrison and Draco when some of his classmates from Sycamore came with their families. Thus the two boys, who despite Dudley not being related to them by blood still referred to each other as cousins, meet Sylvestor Diggory and Lei Moon, his best friends from school. Harrison and Draco were shocked to meet Lei Moon who was the twin Sister of their Gyrffondork classmate Lily Moon. Draco had never heard of a Squib born as a twin to a Magical sibling before and wanted to ask the sister and brother about it, but held his tongue knowing it would be considered rude.

 

Since it was Severus' Bonding there were a lot of members of Slytherin House there allowing, Draco and Harrison to introduce Dudley to their Housemates who Dudley had not had a chance to meet at the two Yule Balls he had attended since Harrison had started at Hogwarts. When Theo's family came through Dudley blushed a little as he and Theo shared a quick chasten kiss with each other as Harrison and Draco thanked their classmate's father and Grandfather for coming.

 

After the receiving line was done Harrison collapsed into his chair at the head table feeling drained of energy and wishing he could leave the room for a bit to gather his energy away from everyone for a bit. He was thankful that he was seated not by his cousins but by Tom who always seemed to help him recover his energy faster, well at least when it came to a person who did so than anyone else. He could not help but lean into Tom's larger form as Remus and Draco's dad gave their Best Men speeches to the crowd before the meal began. When the mean started Harrison winced a little at how loud it was before he felt a wave of magic wash over him and gave Tom a thankful look as the older boy used a Sound-Dampening spell on him so he could still hear conversations taking place but not be overwhelmed by how loud it was. This was a change from his First Year at Hogwarts which Harrison had learned Severus had placed a spell on the Slytherin Table so that he would only hear people seated around him but nowhere else. Something that had led to some confusion such as the time he saw Ronald arguing with Percy but neither of which had been making any noise, at least to him, yet had drawn a teacher over to them as the Gryffindorks lost points.

 

With the Sound-Dampening spell, Harrison could basically tune in to people letting him hear what they were saying though their voices would still be affected by distance and how loud or softly they were talking so it was not like he was spying on them or anything. Harrison tuned in to a conversation between Professor Flitwick, Moore, and Wicker about how Severus and Sirius' bonding might affect the next school year. None of them thought it would affect the lessons unless the newly bonded mates teamed up with Remus to start a sort of Prank War that Flitwick and Wicker recalled them doing as students. Legvistus Nott and Madam Prewett who Harrison had been introduced to by Percy in the receiving line were discussing class curriculums for both Hogwarts and Sycamore Academy since both Theo's Grandfather and Percy's Great-Aunt were members of the Hogwarts Governors. To help his energy recharge faster, Harrison let his eyes close and let the conversations in the room wash over him as he ate leaning into Tom's form. Harrison guessed that he with his eyes closed was sometimes taking food from Tom's plate as he heard and felt Tom laugh every once and a while but the older boy make no move to stop Harrison or get him to open his eyes.

 

After the meal, but before the dancing started, Harrison, Dudly, and Vernon learned that in the Magical World there was a short time to mingle with others. Feeling he had regained some of his energy Harrison decided to go over to Percy and chat with his friend and see if he could learn more about Charlie's research. However, Harrison found out Draco got there first and was talking with Charlie about Magical Creatures since Draco wanted to become a Wandmaker and Magical Zoology was a mandatory skill he would need to have. As he waited to talk to Charlie, Harrison chatted with Percy for a bit. Before they began their conversation Percy placed a Muffling Charm around them, not just for Harrison but to prevent others from listing in, a practice that many people actually performed during this part of the event as they conversed with allies and made deals. "It was a lovely ceremony," Percy said.

"It was," Harrison said seeing his friend trying to make small talk maybe sensing the younger boy wanted to talk to one of his older brothers rather than him.

"You don't have to worry about Bill and Charlie they are not like my younger siblings," Percy said. "I even tested them out myself."

"You tested them?" Harrison asked.

"I talked to Professor Lupin about that Dorian Gray Spell and used it on them before we came to the ceremony to make sure they would not cause any issues like Molly and the others," Percy explained.

"If you don't mind me asking what did they look like?" Harrison asked.

 

"Have you ever read the Muggle story of Doctor Dolittle or Noah and his ark?" Percy asked back.

"Um, yeah?" he said a little confused with the line of questioning.

"When I cast the spell on Charlie it made him appear to be surrounded by various animals both Magical and Mundane as if he was Dolittle or Noah," Percy said making Harrison laugh a little not to mention see it. "As for Bill," Percy said giving the younger boy a smile at the rare laugh, "he took on the appearance of a combination spelunker and adventurer."

"Oh sort of like Indiana Jones?" Harrison asked.

"Who?" Percy asked.

"A Muggle character in a trilogy of movies named after him where he explores tombs to recover treasure and somehow ends up in massive adventures along the way. I think there are some novels on the movies I could look for to send you," Harrison explained. "Did your brother have a whip when the spell was cast on him?"

"No," the older boy said.

"So not exactly like Indiana Jones then," Harrison said as he began to tell his friend all about the character as he waited to talk to Charlie.

 

Harrison did not take into account how long Draco could talk about a subject that interested him, so after talking to Percy for ten minutes and waiting for his cousin to finish he finally got bored and left to chat with his favorite Professor for a bit. "Ah, Harrison you did a wonderful job during the ritual," Professor Flitwick said as he sat down.

"Thank you, Professor," Harrison said nodding in greeting to the former food trolly witch and the Magical Law Professor.

"So does the bonding change your living arrangements?" Professor Moore asked. "I believed I heard both Sirius and Vernon saying the pair lived in one of the Black Family Properties."

"I have not heard of anything?" Harrison said wondering if the bonding would change things since his Godfather would bring Tom with him bringing it to six people living in the Magically expanded three-story home.

"I am sure it will be fine, Harrison," Professor Flitwick said with a smile before changing the subject. "So what electives did you choose to take next year?"

"I signed up for the Study of Ancient Runes, Magical Theory, and Spell Crafting," Harrison said giving Professor Wicker another nod since it was her class.

"From what I have heard and seen of your work I am sure you will be as good as James was in it," Professor Wicker said.

"I thought of taking Muggle Studies as well so I could see Uncle Vernon more but thought it might be a little selfish since I was Muggleraised," Harrison added.

 

"Nothing wrong with being a little selfish now and then," Professor Moore said with a laugh, "but taking four electives might have been a bit much. After all, if you find that one does not suit you, you can drop it and take another one next year or do some Self-Study."

"There is that," Harrison said.

"Not that you don't already do Self-Study in other subjects," Professor Flitwick said with a large smile. "What was the last one you told me you were doing?"

"I went back to Animagus Mates and a possible connection that they might have with their dreams," Harrison said.

"That is an interesting subject for someone so young to look into," Professor Moore said.

"I just like to look into random aspects of Magic," Harrison said as an explanation since only Professor Binns, Sirius, and Severus knew of his bond with Tom.

"That you do," Flitwick said patting his arm before regaling his two co-workers about Harrison's first Halloween/Samhain at the castle where he stuck all the Slytherin and Hufflepuff student's shoes to the floor so they would not head down to their Common Rooms where the troll was said to be located.

 

Not wanting to be around at the end of the tale where the two Professors might congratulate him for his actions, Harrison left the table. His power of magic was still a little sore subject with him after he lost it at Dumbledore "The Mad King's" trial since the Ministry was still keeping tabs on the magic he used outside of class to make sure he did not actually hurt anyone. This meant even at Hogwarts outside of class his magic usage was being watched. Thinking of this, Harrison went looking for either Tom or Sirius to regain some of his energy but saw neither of them was at the head table anymore, or for that matter, no one else was there either. As he looked for them he saw Uncle Vernon sitting with some Magicals as he talked about his work both in the Muggle and Magical world. He did find Sirius but saw him in conversation with Remus as the two raised some drinks in a toast making him wonder if they were toasting Harrison's Parents and Godmother who could not be there. While he might have gotten involved if he knew they were doing it earlier he left them alone so as to not disrupt their toast. Dudley was seated next to Theo and his friends talking about something or other making Harrison not want to interrupt them. Yet he could not find Tom or even Severus in the hall making him wonder if they both had to go use the bathroom or something. He saw Draco still talking to Charlie and Lord Malfoy sitting with his wife.

 

Unable to find Tom or wishing to break into his Uncles' possible memorial, Harrison decided to leave the room for a bit so he could be alone and recharge before the dancing finally started. Thinking he might be disturbed if he went to the bathrooms, Harrison used the other exit out of the hall and was shocked to find Severus and Tom talking with each other. Thinking they were discussing the living conditions where it was quiet, he moved towards them to see if there was a plan in place that he had not been informed of yet. But as he got close enough to hear their voices thanks to the Sound-Dampaning spell Tom had cast on him earlier he stopped in his tracks. "The bond has gotten stronger we have started to share dreams," Tom was telling Severus.

"That is troubling," Severus said confusing Harrison.

"So far they have just been random dreams, but I fear that at some point we might see each other's past," Tom said.

"How are your Occlumency Shields?" Severus asked quickly.

"Good but they will not work due to the bond," Tom said which started Severus pacing back and forth before his young ward.

"Memory Charm?" Severus muttered to himself before he answered. "No, you might need your memories in case someone tried to appeal the ruling. Plus who knows what that might do to the bond."

"And telling him my past would not be good either," Tom said nodding in agreement. Harrison had to wonder why it would be bad to learn about Tom's past unless it was having to live out a nightmare where Tom's family had died which had brought him to Severus. While he was curious as to what they were discussing it did seem rather personal so Harrison made his way back into the main room to find another location to reenergize himself.

 

He found a table that had been abandoned off to one corner to use as he sat as low as he could to prevent others from noticing him as he waited for the dancing to start. Thankfully no one seemed to notice him as he spent the time people-watching. He did see Tom and Severus renter the hall a few moments later before the Potion Master approached his new Husband and took him to the area set aside for dancing. The announcer got everyone's attention as he called out, "And now for the newly Bonded first dance as Mates, everyone please turn to the dance floor." After a few years in the Magical World with the music that he heard around the castle and what was played during the Yule Balls, Harrison expected some classical music maybe along the lines of a Waltz to start playing, yet he was shocked as Disco Inferno started to play. Many Magcials in the crowd looked confused as rather than a slow dance together, Sirius and Severus started to disco to the music. Harrison heard many wondering what the pair were doing as they did the finger point move from their lower right side to the upper left of their body while seeing Uncle Vernon bobbing his head to the music. After a while, when it was permissible for others to join in the dancing, Vernon stepped forward and began to cut a rug making both Harrison and Dudley facepalm in embarrassment.

 

Some Magicals getting a look at more examples of disco dancing started to step forward trying to imitate the three men such as Percy's dad who was so enthusiastic he almost hit others while doing the finger point. Others stepped forward and began to dance themselves though without dancing to the music as they waltzed as they did at the Yule Balls. Seeing others not dancing to the music, Dudley pulled his friends and Theo up and taught them how to do the Chicken Dance since he saw it as a staple of wedding dances. Harrison even saw Professor Flitwick step up and do what looked like a Russian dance with Professor Wicker who appeared to be doing an Irish River dance. Harrison would never have thought that just watching others dance could make him feel sluggish but the random dances were like the loud random conversations in the Great Hall when he started Hogwarts. They were all just so distracting.

 

He really wanted to leave the room again but it was still the first dance so he thought he should stay for his Uncles. "It might be less draining if you were one of the dancers," Tom said seeming to appear out of nowhere.

"I can't dance like that," Harrison said nodding towards Uncle Vernon who had laced his fingers together and was wiggling his arms as if they were a wave of flesh.

"No one is asking you to," Tom said reaching down and offering a hand to Harrison, "we can just dance like at the Yule Ball."

"I guess at least for this one dance," Harrison said taking the offered hand as Tom quickly pulled him to his feet and over to the dance floor. There the pair joined the other dancers who were doing a slow dance to the Disco music acting as if it was the Yule Ball.

 

Harrison lost all sense of time as he danced with Tom through the first song without stopping as more traditional Bonding party music began to play getting more people onto the dance floor. His whole focus turned to Tom as they did a small two-step dance with each other with Tom's one hand in his while the other resting on Harrison's back. As more people started to dance, Harrison began to notice others on the dance floor, mostly when they accidentally bumped into either him or Tom. He saw Dudley was no longer doing the Chicken Dance with his friends but was having a dance with Theo again, while Uncle Vernon was waltzing with Blaise's mom. He even saw Draco dance with Pansy with what looked like others wanting to cut in. Percy was dancing with the older brother of Dudley's friend once more showing an inconsistency with the books since Percy was not with Penelope Clearwater who was Marcus' date.

 

Due to the Bonding Ceremony, Harrison thought it was finally time to do something with Tom, well as much as he was comfortable with. So keeping an ear on the music as he heard the song they were currently dancing to the end, Harrison got up on his tiptoes and placed a quick chasten kiss on Tom's mouth. He was amazed at how soft Tom's lips were but it felt even more embarrassing than watching Sirus, Seveurs, and Vernon disco by themselves. Not to mention he felt like everyone was watching him making him blush and pull away. He was glad Tom neither took offense at his movement nor tried to hold him back, as Harrison blushing beet red left the room to calm down a little.

Notes:

As I put at the end of the chapter when it was originally posted. I am not sure if I will add more to this story or not. If I do I might remove this chapter to be the first one to a sequel series.