Actions

Work Header

Never Will You Be Alone Again

Chapter 2: Lady Vale

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Severus Snape is sitting in his favourite armchair by the fire in his quarters, looking over the 3rd year essays on Dark Creatures and there uses in Potions, when he comes to Potter’s assignment. He sneers as he grabs his red self-inking quill and he begins to read, becoming more astonished by the second at how well-written and neat it is. Just as he’s getting halfway through the scroll, there’s an urgent knock on his door and he places the Saviour’s work on the coffee table gently before standing and heading over to the entranced to his quarters.

He opens the door to find his Godson nestled in Miss Granger’s arms, sobbing and shaking uncontrollably, “What happened Dragon!?” Severus coos and Granger smiles softly, before handing Draco over to the Potions Master. Pansy, Blaise and Theo follow the man inside, with Pansy chuckling and grabbing Hermione and pulling her after them, “What happened?” Severus snarls as he sits down with Draco in his lap, “Professor Lupin had us do a practical on boggarts this afternoon and ended up having most of us Gryffindor’s go first. After Ronald went it was Draco’s turn and he froze because his father stepped out. That bloody professor of ours stood there, twirling his wand and let it happen. Harry stepped in and got rid it before flaying Lupin…”

Severus pales as he holds Draco to him, wondering why on Earth no-one cares about his snakes. Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door and Theo rushes to answer it, allowing a fuming Harry Potter to enter, “How is he doing Mione?” The emerald-eyed Wizard asks and she sighs, tucking a strand of bushy hair behind her ear, “Well, he’s safe now and he’s slightly less panicked now that he’s with Professor Snape… What did you tell Lupin after we left?” Harry growls angrily and Hermione smiles slightly, “I told him that I’m contacting the Owner of Hogwarts tonight so she can come and evaluate what is going on here…” Hermione’s eyes widen before she frowns in thought, “But with everything going on at home, she won’t be able to come will she?”

Harry smirks darkly and Hermione groans, plonking herself on Snape’s couch, “I’m doomed to a lifetime of schemes, failed plans and dead ends…” She groans, slumping into the couch and allowing Harry’s smirk to darken, “May I use your floo Professor? I’ll be able to get her here quicker that way.” Snape nods in shock as Harry sends him a small smile before the Saviour kneels down in front of the fireplace, throws in some of the floo powder, and calls, “Vale Manor!”

*~*

After half an hour of Harry conversing with a woman on the other side and Severus finally managing to calm Draco down, everyone is waiting with bated breath as Harry ends the call and turns around with a triumphant smirk, “She’ll be arriving in an hour and no-one is to be telling anyone about what is going on, alright?” They all nod and Severus sighs, grumbling something under his breath. Blaise looks to his mentor with suspicion in his eyes and said Potions Master blushes, “What did you say Uncle Sev?” The Italian murmurs and Severus sighs, “What is the point if this woman comes here? She’s going to take the side of the Lions anyway, so why bother?”

Harry and Hermione look at each other before they begin laughing, the bushy haired girl nearly falling off of the seat. When their laughing has subsided, they look at the Slytherin’s surrounding them and they see the hurt expressions, “Duchess of the Founders isn’t like that. She loves all of the Houses and values each and every one of their morals. You’ll see Professor Snape, everything will be just fine…”

Notes:

Please leave a review, as that makes me update faster *hint, hint*