Actions

Work Header

Undercover

Summary:

Infiltrating KaibaCorporation had been easier than expected, even if it involved using rather unorthodox measures, but apparently there are even things Dartz doesn’t know about…

Notes:

So perhaps the Pharaoh was a bit hesitant about going back, and there are still the God Cards around even though they all finished school.
Considering this, Dartz probably gave the order to watch over the Pharaoh, but it gives Amelda the opportunity to take his revenge well and thoroughly planned.

Chapter 1: Undercover

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It was getting late.
With the last sun rays descending the hectic buzzing of the streets was soon to be drowned out by the soothing crepuscule of the drawing night.
Though there was still light in the west wing of the enormous complex known as ‘Kaiba Mansion’.
Not exactly the entire west wing, rather the corridors leading to Seto Kaiba’s study.
There were bookshelves lining the wall, furniture deriving from various centuries and extravagant flower arrangements, which were a waste, considering that the other end of the room, leading to gigantic glass windows, inhabited the chief executive officer’s main computer which allowed him to continue working, even until ungodly hours.
There was a writing desk, at least the maid dusting the room every morning was pretty sure that underneath all these stacks of paper there had to be a writing desk.
Or it was made of vaguely desk-shaped fossilized files and documents. Which was a considerable thesis.
A bit to the left was another desk about one-third the size of its furnitural brother.
The desk’s occupant was Seto Kaiba’s head secretary who was, against all expectations, still the same secretary he’d employed four months ago. Which was, considering the enormous pressure this job unfortunately entailed and the chief executive officer’s unhealthy fondness of a certain ‘f’ word, a new record.
And just like Seto Kaiba’s desk her desk was overflowing with documents and charts.
Both of them were feverishly typing away on their keyboards, until Seto Kaiba cleared his throat.
“Let’s call it a day, shall we?” he ventured, taking a deep breath while stretching in his seat.
Wordlessly his head secretary finished typing and rearranged unfinished reports and files, which would be greeting her as incomplete as they were at the exact same spot in the morning.
With the computer shutting down, she turned off her table lamp, grabbing some reports in case she would feel like doing some late-night reading.
“Tomorrow’s schedule would be…?” Kaiba asked, his head secretary pulling out the diary clamped in between the stacks of paper.
“You have a meeting with a Russian consortium at 11 am sir, followed by business lunch with aforesaid investors and at 5:30 pm the chairman of the technological innovation department will present the first quarter’s progress and possible prospects concerning their advanced hologram technique.”
“Thank you, Ms Sotha.” Kaiba was sitting at his writing desk, his fingers steepled, considering tomorrow’s appointments.
Eventually he continued typing.
His head secretary was about to grab the handle of the door as she was called back.
“Ms Sotha?”
The addressed figure turned, forcing herself to a tired smile.
“Yes, sir?”
“Could you please send for another cup of coffee.”
“Certainly sir, anything else?”
“Actually, yes…” Kaiba ceased typing for a moment to address his head secretary directly, “I just wanted to say, that you’re doing very well, at least until now. That’s all. Good night Ms Sotha.”
“Thank you, sir. Good night to you too, sir.” His secretary smiled while closing the door behind her.

The secretary walked down the by now dimly lit corridors all the way to the east wing, the sound of heels echoing through even more deserted corridors and staircases only to be brought back by more gold brimmed marble walls.

Without hesitation the figure opened a door leading into a narrow room efficiently crammed full with every day’s necessities.
Amelda closed the door behind him before walking over to one shelf-free wall and sighed.
Than he hit his head repeatedly against it.

‘A vacant job’ and the ‘perfect way to work the inside’ Rafael had advertised his idea.
This had been seven months ago.

Amelda snorted while disposing of his skirt and blouse. With the soothing sound of the running bathtub emerging from next door, he lit up some incense like every night before going to sleep, which was not only part of his womanly charade, but proofed itself efficient at predominating the repulsive and obtrusive smell of Seto Kaiba’s after-shave.
Even though they were just working in the same room it somehow managed to stain his clothes olfactorily.

Indeed, there had been a vacant position within KaibaCorporation. One pretty close to the chief executive officer, who Amelda desperately wanted to get his revenge at. One where he could make use of his skills concerning stock market prices and business strategies, which he had mastered throughout the past three years while setting up and administering at least two dozen bogus companies and subsidiary companies in favour of Dartz’ parent enterprise ‘Paradise’.
With one minor flaw.
They were looking for a female employee.

Amelda slid into the tub sighing as the warm water gushed over his tired body.
As he sank deeper he found himself surrounded by innumerable bottles and jars of various size, shape and colour, containing liquids of alluring scents.
He closed his eyes to deprive himself of the sight of his mirror lined with countless tiny shelves, inhabited by make-up, perfume and other toiletries.
It had all had become a routine so quickly, it had almost scared him.
Though it took him approximately two minutes to apply his make-up. Which somehow he was rather proud of.
And then there were the flower-arrangements he changed every three days. One vase on the narrow windowsill, one at the edge of the bathtub.
Women liked flowers. Didn’t they?
Fortunately Amelda had grown fond of the beguiling scents rather quickly.

Feeling even more drained after the hot bath, Amelda crawled into his bed, the satin babydoll rubbing against the duvet making the unnerving silky sound, similar to nails scratching over a blackboard.

The lights were switched off, being voice recognition-operated obviously.
Amelda snorted.
This whole monstrosity was Seto Kaiba’s home after all.

Amelda was lying in complete and utter darkness, but somehow deprived of Morphius’ sweet embrace.
His eyes wide open, his fingers clenched and unclenched uncontrollably as abysmal thoughts and scenes once again resurfaced from the deepest recess of his mind.
He had to give in…he needed to feel it…him…
His searching hand was soon rewarded by the familiar box he kept under his bed.
He pulled away the cloth he had protectively wrapped around his little brother’s former favourite toy and pressed it against his chest violently until his fingers went numb.
Burning tears were running down his cheeks as he voicelessly called for him:

“Miruko…”

Notes:

Oh, and I’m pretty sure the word ‘furnitural’ does not exist in the manner of describing something furniture like.
But it should!