Actions

Work Header

Satellite

Summary:

'Because I’m a satellite, I hover around you, even though from far away, I feel grateful that I can see you.' - Jung Jinwoo, Satellite

or

where Jimin is Jungkook's fansite master who's also the second son of one of the richest man in Korea

Notes:

this is teno, some of you probably had read this story on aff, yes you're right, it's the same story but i rewrite almost ninety percent of it, but the overall plot is still the same.

if you find that the grammar isn't perfect in this, forgive me, the person who's supposed to beta this for me seems to be really busy.

the song is from KPOPSTAR season 5's contestant Jung Jinwoo, you gotta listen to it, it's available on soundcloud.

also, this is for my dearest Sam and Mitz who keeps encouraging me to post this story here even though i have almost to none confidence of my work. this is for you guys <3

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

1.

The non-stop shutter sound that came out of the cameras was almost deafening, Jimin stood there before he started walking, half running, along with other 10 or so people holding their DSLR camera, peeping through the viewfinder to catch the boy in front of them. The boy that Jimin was so familiar with, someone whom he knew too much and too little at the same time, the sole object of thousands of pictures he’d taken for a whole year by now.

Though it was deafening and sickeningly repetitive, Jimin was one of them, one among those people who made those sounds with his camera, trying to capture and trap the memories of today’s Jeon Jungkook inside their camera, inside their memory card to be admired, to be worshipped, and maybe to earn some cash from selling it later.

Jimin himself wasn’t really sure, how or why or when did he start this hobby, or these days had become more like a job for him. It was weird of course, him between all this fan girls chasing the same boy, their golden boy. But before Jimin had any time to think back about his decision or about his life in general he had Jungkook’s flight to catch, or Jungkook’s concert to attend (and before that, there was always a war of getting the ticket) and all sort of filming where he could take pictures of Jeon Jungkook freely, as much as he wanted, as much until his fingers numb from pressing the shutter button.

So here he was, between fan girls, holding his camera close to his face and through the viewfinder he watched Jungkook's each and every moves, his every angle, every slight change of expression -every brows crease, or lips curl. Jungkook waved and bowed politely just like how he always did, the idol with the image almost as clean as Yoo Jaesuk and loved by the whole country, including Jimin.

They stood in line, trying not to push each other because they had the same purpose of coming here, Jimin stood just a few meters away from Jungkook whom guarded loosely by his managers and staff.

Jungkook usually wore a mask when he didn’t wear any make up (he was very shy when he was bare-face though Jimin didn’t see any problem by him not wearing any make-up, in fact, he’d looked more his age), but he had schedule right after arriving back to Korea from filming in England. So he was fully groomed today, it surprised Jimin every time at how good looking Jungkook was. He believed that no matter how good his camera was, it could never fully catch how beautiful Jungkook looked in person.

It was then when Jungkook walked pass him, Jimin was still busy taking pictures when Jungkook was looking his way, blankly at first before he smiled right through the camera lens to the person behind it and Jimin’s expert and fast finger froze. He should be taking more pictures, he should be making sure that that moment was captured by his camera (it was definitely going to sell out more because eye-contact-photo wasn't something that happen everyday), but instead of taking the rare chance, Jimin’s whole body just froze there, slowly dropping down his camera until it was in front of his chest as he followed Jungkook in his line of vision. He was already walking away and Jimin had to be satisfied with staring at Jungkook’s broad back moving further and further away from him.

Because I’m a satellite, I hover around you, even though from far away, I feel grateful that I can see you.

2.

Jimin sat in front of his computer, managing all the pictures he took today, arranging it in folders, choosing which one he would upload onto his site, which one he wanted to keep as his own private collection, and which one he was going to include inside his next photobook series or season’s greeting or summer package. It was never easy when it came to arranging Jungkook photos because usually Jimin would end up staring at it one by one for a good five minutes before moving on with the next picture in line (he usually needed a whole day just to organize one day worth of Jungkook’s pictures). More or less he looked kind of like a lovesick idiot when he did it (thank god, he lived alone). He would smile like a proud mother when Jungkook was smiling brightly while crinkling his nose, he would frown in displease when the pictures showed Jungkook’s face painted in black circle under his eyes or how he waved weakly while yawning out his fatigue but still greeting his fans as bright with as much energy he had left.

It was all started about a year ago. Jimin was watching Big Bang’s concert when he took a glance at a black haired boy whom everyone else was also staring at as soon as he entered the hall. He was standing a few rows in front of Jimin along with someone Jimin believed as his manager. But Jimin wasn’t paying much attention to it, he had Big Bang in front of him to be paid attention to anyway. It was an hour later that Taeyang was standing on the edge of the stage right in front of him and Jimin hurriedly took out his phone just to capture a few seconds’ memories of having Taeyang not even 10 meters away from him. He was sure that he was taking video of Taeyang, at first, before some people around him started bumping into him from every sides, having a hard time controlling themselves at having Taeyang so close to them. Jimin’s phone slipped out of his small hand, he cursed under his breath. He was fast enough to catch it before it fell onto the ground and getting stepped out by all the people surrounding him. Calming himself down, Jimin lifted his phone again, hoping to record again because he unfortunately failed to save the earlier video.

To his dismay, Taeyang already moved to the other side of the stage and just like Jimin the fans near there also pulled up their phone (if they weren’t already) and how lucky those people were to be able to record Taeyang like that. He pulled up his phone again, at least he had to record something just to show his friend Hosoek that he met Taeyang, obviously not really meeting him, but you get his point. Jimin wasn’t really sure, why, instead of filming Taeyang, his phone decided to capture someone else. That tall in all black guy he ignored just an hour ago. Jimin was watching through his phone screen, how the boy subtly bobbing his head into the beat, and even with black mask that covered half of his face and all black clothing he wore, he still stood out among the crowd because his subtle head bobbing or his barely moving body was so contrasting with the other people who were jumping and singing (more like screaming) along the fantastic baby that was currently playing.

15 minutes.

When Jimin was coming back to his sense, the timer showed 15 minutes (it was equal to more or less 4 songs, he fucking missed 4 Bigbang’s songs) and still going on his recorder. A good whole of 15 minutes of recording Jeon Jungkook as if he was bewitched, his phone might be, and Taeyang was going to be so disappointed at him (no, Taeyang didn’t know him personally, obviously).

Jimin’s accusation toward his phone was wrong, it wasn’t, obviously, his phone’s mistake, because even after the concert, a few hours after until a few days after it Jimin was still lingering on the moment, still watching his recording of Jeon Jungkook on his phone before he started asking Hoseok (who was like a walking Wikipedia of Kpop) about Jeon Jungkook. Then he started watching every single Jeon Jungkook’s related videos he could find on Youtube, and started to stream and download every Jeon Jungkook’s albums on Melon. And before he knew it, Jimin was already too deep inside Jeon Jungkook’s fandom, deeper than he had ever been inside of Big Bang’s fandom and G-Dragon was going to be so disappointed at him (G-Dragon also didn’t know him personally, obviously but that beside the point). Jimin didn’t left Bigbang fandom, he still bought and downloaded their albums and because Bigbang hadn’t betray him with their music it was kind of mean if Jimin betrayed them first for Jungkook (“you already did though,” Hoseok said as he dramatically faked crying).

3.

“Are you still doing that?” The man placed down his fork and knife before he took a sip of his red wine.

Jimin just nodded, obviously ignoring his brother as he was busy chewing the roasted lamb.

“Words Jimin,” his father said.

“Yes.” Jimin turned his head, forcing a smile toward his brother whom just smiled back at his cute little brother, enjoying teasing him a little too much.

“How’s work?” Mr. Park started again, Jimin resumed eating because he knew that question wasn’t aimed toward him.

“As usual, we just signed a contract with subcontractor from China on that highway project near Jeju Island,” Seokjin replied with no hesitation as if he already rehearsed what he was about to say a few times before.

“Good.” Mr. Park nodded.

“And you Jimin?” Jimin’s brows creased, he gulped the lump in his throat before forcing his expression back to its default settings, calm and composed.

“Usual,” Jimin shrugged.

His job wasn’t something that his family unaware of. They knew Jimin as a freelancer writer and also knew Jimin as a fansite master of some idol named Jeon Jungkook. They never explicitly mentioned or discussed it with him but he knew that they knew and surprisingly had no problem with it. Jimin himself knew that a fansite master wasn’t exactly a job he could be running around telling people with pride (except inside the fandom, because fansite master was considered as the elite fans, that other fans admired and senpai-ed) but he enjoyed it so much, like he never put this much passion into something after he had given up on his dream, so he was partly thankful that his family never told him to quit. Jimin knew probably it was because they either didn’t really care or it was good way to keep him away, or both.

Jimin knew not to go overboard with whatever job or hobby he’d been doing. He never followed Jungkook outside of his official schedule, never sneaked a camera where taking pictures was forbidden, he didn’t use extra zoom lens like the other fansites used, avoiding attracting attention as much as he could. Jimin was trying his best to take Jungkook’s pictures with all the rules he set for himself to not stand out between all those others fangirls and some sasaengs (Jimin learnt not to mess with them because they were fucking scary and their FBI-like ability was so going to expose where Jimin came from if he wasn’t careful enough). Jimin never attended fansign, other than the reason of keeping himself low, just thinking about meeting Jungkook, sharing eye contact, faces inches apart, holding his hands while conversing was already making his brain short circuited, so no, fansign was a big no.

With all those rules and restrictions, Jimin was still trying his best to take pictures of Jeon Jungkook good enough for sell to earn some  more money just enough for living another month without using the unlimited credit card from his family.

As a second son of the third generation of multibillionaire family there were not many things that Jimin expected to do, more like he better off not doing anything. No need to have a perfect grades, no need to build network, no need to have a dream, no expectation. Jimin just had to lay low, to not cause any trouble, to just sit, be a good boy, and let his brother, Park Seokjin, did everything.

But that didn’t mean that Jimin never tried, he did, so much that he poured everything for it and when his effort proved to be fruitless, it drained him so much he lost himself in the middle of getting his father’s recognition, it left him with nothing beside thinking that he was unwanted and useless, an existence that his family didn’t really need but couldn’t really dispose. He did his best at everything, he did well at school, keeping his attitude wherever he go just so his dad would look at him just like how he looked at his brother, all bright smile, chest pumping with pride as he patted Seokin’s back out of fondness when he introduced him to his business partner as the heir. All the while Jimin was standing at the side, quietly keeping himself unnoticeable behind Namjoon’s tall figure.

The best he had ever gotten from his dad was when he won a dance competition and his dad muttered a soft ‘good job’ not even sparing a glance at him, but it was enough for Jimin to have some hope. With his heart thumping loudly, grin almost splitting his face he came to his father, confessing his dream of becoming a singer with eyes sparkling only to hear a sentence from his dad with a look of disappointment mixed with annoyance ‘don’t go overboard, don’t do anything that’ll cause trouble’ and Jimin lost every bits of expectation he had for himself after that.

Then again I get greedy, though I know it’d be the same as before, I guess that’s just what I am.

The dinner ended soon after, wasn’t something surprising for Jimin that it wasn’t very much a family-like dinner, and Jimin was thankful it ended quickly and her mother didn’t force him to go home and do some more chatting with them like she usually did.

“So, what do you want for your birthday?” Seokjin asked from the driver seat, he forced to drive his brother home even with Jimin continuous protest.

“No.”

“Come on tell me, you know you can ask for everything, literally,” Seokjin beamed, eyes still focused on the road. Jimin chuckled bitterly, what was the use of getting this everything, when this everything didn’t even include what he wanted the most.

“Really, it’s fine, hyung.” Jimin closed his eyes, as he leaned his back against his seat.

“Do you want another camera? you love the camera that I gave you two years ago, right?” And Jimin had to agree with that, he was indeed happy when his brother gave him the camera that soon accompanied him everywhere as he chased after Jungkook, when he got it two years ago it was the newest model, but it was definitely much less fancier than the other fans used these days. But for Jimin it was adequate, for Jimin he didn’t need an overly fancy camera to capture how beautiful Jungkook was.

“I can buy one for myself.” Jimin shifted closer toward the window, creating a gap as big as he could from Seokjin inside the closed space, resting his head on the glass window, hoping that Seokjin would get the hint that he wasn’t in the mood to talk.

“Well, that’s the point of a gift, you don’t have to buy it yourself,” Seokjin chuckled, and Jimin hated it when his brother teased him, acting like he knew everything that Jimin didn’t already know, he was ridiculed enough for being the second son all his life, he didn’t need his tall, handsome, smart, perfect brother to look down on him too.

Their conversation didn’t go anywhere after, though Seokjin badly wanted to have more because they hadn’t meet for months and he didn’t want it to just end with them not really conversing about anything meaningful. He always wanted to reach out to Jimin. Seokjin remembered when he once complained to Jimin about having too much expectation on him, how exhausting it was for him, that he wanted to run away, but Jimin was looking at him saying ‘lucky you’ with expression that he couldn’t decipher at that time, only when Jimin’s dream was crushed in front of his eyes he understood, that having too much is better than not having any at all.

“Do you want to start working at our company? I can give you any position you want if you need a proper job.” Seokjin intention was far from bad but he just had a way to make it sounded like he was mocking or at least that was how Jimin feel. Seokjin knew Jimin craved their dad’s recognition so much, so maybe if Jimin started working with him their father would at least spare a glance at his poor little brother.

“I have a job.” Jimin opened his eyes, they were already near his apartment. He wanted to hurry up climb his bed and rest since he had a long day. He had works piled up both from his freelancer job and the fansite one. He had few articles waiting to be proof-read and edited, he needed to finish the commissions he opened just a week ago (he thought about earning some money by opening commission, but unfortunately or fortunately (according from where he looked at it) the 10 slot he opened was all sold), he still had some pictures to be edited and making layout for the next photobook.

“You mean taking pictures of whom again? Jung-what?” Seokjin asked excitedly like he hadn’t just offended one of Jeon Jungkook’s biggest fan by not knowing his full name. Jimin just prayed that the car would move faster toward his place.

“Just because it’s not a CEO doesn’t mean it’s not a job,” he grudgingly said.

The car stopped right then as they arrived in front of Jimin’s apartment complex and Jimin hurriedly got out of the car before Seokjin could say anything more.

“Good night, hyung,” Jimin muttered hurriedly not even turning his head as he got out of the car and walked inside the building.

4.

Seokjin stopped in his parking lot. He took out his phone, pressing number 1 and waiting for the line to connect.

“I need you to find out about someone,” Seokjin said as soon as someone on the other line greeted him.

“Who is it, sir?”

“Uuh, it’s Jung-something,” Seokjin knitted his brows while looking up trying to remember a name, “Goddammit why can’t I remember this guy’s name, you know that famous idol.”

“There’s a lot of Idol named Jung-something out there, sir,” The man answered calmly.

“I know, I know his song, it’s I need a girl, I think.” Seokjin didn’t sound certain at all.

“I believe that’s Taeyang’s song sir, and Taeyang’s real name is Dong Yongbae and there’s no Jung in his name—“

“No, no, that’s not him, oh my God, why can’t I remember it.” Seokjin hit his steering wheel slightly before something finally crossed his mind, a silver keychain hanging on a black back pack that Jimin wore flashed through his mind.

“Sattelite97,” Seokjin said, surer this time.

“Pardon, sir?”

“Look for it, I believe it’s kind of a site and you’ll know who you need to look up into.”

“I understand sir.”

5.

It was another hectic day for Jimin, he woke up early in the morning to catch Jungkook as he arrived back from Japan. His camera and everything he needed was already packed neatly inside his black back pack. He wore his black coat just because Jungkook liked black and wore his red green checkered scarf because Jungkook also liked red. His camera bag hanging on his shoulder.

It was another day of realizing how much he liked Jungkook and another day of losing his breath just from seeing Jungkook walked pass him, wasn’t a surprise to Jimin but wasn’t something he didn’t look forward to because yesterday’s Jungkook was different from today’s Jungkook and Jimin just had to capture each and every bits of that moment.

Today was more crowded than usual, Jimin was having a hard time at securing a good spot to take pictures because he couldn’t join all the girls on pushing each other’s for getting the front row just to get a bit closer to Jungkook. He settled behind Sandara whom fortunately was smaller than him so he could still take a picture pretty much easily. The pushing started again once Jungkook came out and walked along his staff while waving and smiling from time to time, he was looking over at his fans probably surprised that it was slightly more crowded than usual. His big round eyes innocently wandered over before the crowd, scanning in slight bewilderment though it wasn’t something that never happened before. He was walking leisurely right in front of Jimin when his steps suddenly halted. It took a mere second for Jimin to realize that those black round innocent eyes were currently staring at him, right through his lens. It was probably just his wishful thinking or something wrong might had happened to his camera because he swore he saw Jungkook’s lips curled up slightly, his stomach churned uncomfortably but it wasn’t exactly a right time to worry about why he felt something was flying around inside his stomach. So what if Jungkook smiled at him? Jeon Jungkook smiled at everyone.

Unlike last time, his short fingers didn’t freeze, he was able to catch that moment when Jungkook was (hopefully) looking and smiling at him, that moment when Jeon Jungkook knew he existed or at least that he had his face craved inside Jungkook’s unconscious mind.

Jimin couldn’t hope for more.

6.

A birthday wasn’t something that significant for Jimin, he wasn’t the type to be overly excited at knowing he just lost another year of his lifespan. But that didn’t mean he didn’t want to spoil himself on such occasion. Taking picture of Jungkook was something he chose to do, nothing would be better than seeing Jeon Jungkook on his birthday (birthday or any day he didn’t really care actually).

That was why he stood outside of SBS building waiting for Jungkook. For three days straight they didn’t hear anything about Jungkook except that he fainted out of exhaustion, all of his schedule was canceled to give him time to rest. The fandom was in uproar, blaming the company for overworking the boy and telling them to have Jungkook to rest more but after three days they were already missing the boy (Jimin couldn’t blame them, he missed Jungkook too, but he also wanted him to rest, oh the dilemma).

As soon as Jungkook stepped out of his black van, the usual happened, the screaming and the shutter sounds along with Jungkook sluggish steps toward the building. He was wearing a mask, his fringe almost covered his eyes, probably on purpose to hide the exhaustion painted all over his face. Jimin could see the faint black color beneath the boy’s tired red eyes, he looked like he could just sleep right there in the middle of the airport. He waved weakly and Jimin could see from Jungkook’s crinkling eyes that he was smiling under his mask. Seeing all that, Jimin just couldn’t bring himself on pressing the shutter button, his fingers froze from a completely different reason than it did a few weeks ago. The scream was getting louder, it was as if none of them there realized that the boy they were screaming at was in the brink of fainting there. He saw Jungkook’s eyes shut from some of the camera’s flashes. He lowered his hat to shield his eyes from the blinding light coming from cameras that was shoved too close to be comfortable toward him. Despite all that, he still managed to smile and waved politely.

Jimin pulled down his camera, letting it hung around his neck while keeping his eyes on the boy. Jungkook was searching again, it was much subtler than how he did it a few days ago but still didn’t go unnoticed by Jimin, then, for the third times his eyes found Jimin’s. For the first time ever Jimin didn’t feel nervous at having those deep black eyes looking straight at him, even though it was the first time that they stared at each other directly and not through the lens. Jimin didn’t know what had possessed him that the usual nervousness or giddiness he felt just from seeing Jungkook’s back didn’t happen (or at least not as strong as usual). He didn’t know what made him decided to do it but fuck it. So he smiled at Jeon Jungkook, fully showing his teeth, his eyes closing and forming a pretty thin crescent-like shape.


 

Jungkook didn’t expect that, not at all. He didn’t even realize that he was searching for the guy with the black canon camera when he realized that guy currently wasn’t taking his picture and instead just stood there and froze. It was the first time he got to see the guy’s face fully without the camera blocking it. Seeing that smile, Jungkook halted his step, he exhaled with his mouth as the air seemed to be leaving his lung.

Pretty, resilient and calming, it was everything that went through his mind that moment. Pretty, because not everyone could create such smile, that his lips wasn’t the only thing that smiled but his whole face glowed, sparkling along with it. Jungkook could tell between a fake smile and a sincere one really well, he grew up by seeing it everyday. But Jimin’s smile was nothing but sincere, given to him unconditionally as if he had saved that one smile only for Jungkook.

Resilient, because just one smile and Jungkook could feel the tons of weight on his shoulder lifted as if it was nothing. It turned bricks into feathers, tiredness into liveliness. As if it pushed Jungkook forward and told him to leave all those burden away.

Comforting, because it was so soothing, reassuring like summer breeze or hot cappuccino during winter, perfectly timed right when Jungkook needed it the most.

It was as if the spell was broken when his manager pushed him lightly to move forward, as if the earth started turning again.

It didn’t last more than a few seconds but it sure felt like hours.

Jungkook couldn’t wait to see that smile again.

7.

“I told you I don’t need anything,” Jimin grumbled as his brother pushed him inside the familiar restaurant of the 5 star hotel owned by their family. Seokjin was forcing him to wear his best suit and went as far as telling him to put some decent make-up and Jimin totally had a weird feeling about all this because Seokjin was a person full of surprise.

“I swear you’re going to love this,” Seokjin beamed as he pulled the sliding door that lead toward the private VVIP room that was usually used by their important business partner. Jimin had never been in such room before because he wasn’t exactly someone that fell into that important category.

Jimin was still trying to escape from his brother when he pushed him inside and closed the door. He almost fell on his knees before he pulled himself up and looked up only to find someone was already sitting there right in front of him. He was wearing a gray suit and his hair was pulled up neatly, he was so familiar, Jimin remembered that face clearly, every contour, every bumps, every faint little scar marks there, Jimin knew everything about that face, and he had to blink a few times to make sure his mind didn’t fool him.

“Hi,” Jungkook greeted him first as he stood up from his seat.

Jeon Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook was there right in front of him.

“…hi.” Jimin answered hesitantly his mind was either too blank or too full.

“Take a seat,” Jungkook said as he sat back.

It was the first time he had a conversation with Jungkook. He used to envy the other fansite when they talk about their interaction with Jungkook during fansign. He was glad he decided not to attend fansign because just from sharing a few words with Jungkook he could already feel his hands trembling and his whole body went rigid out of nervousness.

“Oh, right,” Jimin mumbled softly as he pulled his chair and sat right in front of Jungkook.

“Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook reached out his hand from across the table and Jimin was staring at it for a while before he took it.

“I know, but, well, Park Jimin.” Jimin smiled as he shook the big and rough hand.

“I know too, I mean I didn’t know who you are but I know you.” Jimin almost jumped from his seat out of joy knowing that Jeon Jungkook actually remembered him.

Jimin collected himself before he hesitantly asked, “sorry but, why are you here?”

Jungkook chuckled in amusement slightly before he answered, “your brother said that he wants me to meet you on your birthday.”

It surprised Jimin how much different Jungkook was compared to his usual idol demeanor, it was unlike how he met him at the airport or broadcast station, how it was a complete ease and lingering familiarity like meeting a longtime friend. Jeon Jungkook in front of him was tense, slightly awkward but his stare pierced through Jimin, it was as if the smile that graced his lips was photoshopped, cut out from another picture before it was placed there and it didn’t fit. Jimin knew really well how Jungkook’s face muscle flexed when he smiled, how his eyes closed and his nose crinkling and his bunny teeth was on full display. The smile Jungkook gave him was curt, out of politeness and somehow unwilling.

“I’m sorry, did he bother you?” Jimin finally asked.

“Does it usually go like this?” Jungkook blurted.

“What?”

“You know, I was expecting someone like you to be more direct. I don’t mean to be rude but can we just go straight to the business?” Jungkook‘s eyes sharp and his words biting, making Jimin squirmed in his seat.

“Sorry, someone like me?” Jimin asked as his tone tensed.

“You know, rich kids who can get whatever they want in a snap of fingers,” Jungkook’s smile was gone and Jimin finally realized that Jungkook never wanted to be there with him.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jimin tried to hide how his voice was trembling while he clenched his fists tighter.

Jungkook heaved a sigh, letting out a little chuckle like Jimin just said the funniest thing he’d ever heard and Jimin’s heart sunk. Jungkook’s laugh had always had that twinkling feeling to it, it always gave Jimin a sense of comfort and softness, but not tonight.

“You want to be my sponsor aren’t you? You want to sleep with me right?” Jungkook continued, his eyes wandered from Jimin’s eyes down to his neck and chest. Jimin wanted the ground to swallow him whole, to hide from the embarrassment of how Jungkook was looking at him like he was some sort of display for stock of laugh.

Jimin opened his mouth but no words came out, he just closed it, losing both his words and air to breath.

Anything, say anything, he screamed inside.

“My CEO told me to serve you well,” Jungkook smirked, he kept his voice low and polite but still with intention of hidden mockery. He shallowly stabbed Jimin with all those little sentences and smiles, where it deep enough to hurt but not deep enough to kill and Jimin would prefer that Jungkook just stab right at his heart and kill him right there.

A long silence, Jimin inhaled to calm himself down, finally staring at Jungkook. You’re good at this, stay calm, he scolded himself.

“If you hate it so much you shouldn’t come,” despite how bad he wanted to sound angry rather than sad, Jimin couldn’t hide the trembling of his voice, he just hoped Jungkook didn’t care enough to notice that.

“I couldn’t risk losing my job, sir.” This Jungkook was so different from the Jungkook he saw through his lens, the pure and a boy full of talent, the Jungkook in front of him was someone else, like this Jungkook and that Jungkook were two completely different person.

Jimin’s legs itching to get up, to get out of the room and forget any of this ever happened, or hoped that he would wake up soon inside his rundown apartment and realized it was just a dream, a really bad dream.

“You always do this aren’t you?” Jimin’s eyes glistened from tears that formed and threatened to spill.

“What?” Jungkook asked defensively as he gripped his wine glass.

“You push everyone who tries to approach you.”

“I’m not pushing you away, we need each other,” Jungkook replied, and if only those words meant the way it was Jimin would have his heart thumping out of joy.

“What if…” Jimin felt a lone tears trailed down his left cheek but decided to ignore it.

“What if… among those people whom you pushed away or going to in the future, there’s actually someone, someone who’s sincere.” And he was, Jimin was sincerely supporting Jungkook. He laughed when Jungkook laughed at something, he cried when Jungkook cried during his birthday video when the staff surprised him by scolding him from the mistake he didn’t really make. Why every effort he put had never been enough, for his father and for Jungkook. He gave his raw sincere pounding heart for them only to be stomped and crushed. One bead, went to two and three and before he knew it Jimin had his face damp with tears rolling down non-stop, fuck, he cursed himself, he promised not to cry himself like an idiot anymore, but here he was in front of his source of hope, his source of reason to continue living his dull empty life, crying like a toddler after having his heart broken into pieces.

Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn’t have any hint of regret for saying everything he had said to Jimin when he saw tears started rolling down on Jimin’s cheeks, how broken and how disappointed he looked.

Jimin stood from his seat, knocking down his chair as he did.

“I’m sorry, I always wanted to meet you, but not like this, I don’t know what my brother said to your CEO but don’t worry I won’t let you lost your job for not…sleeping with me,” Jimin rushed his words out as he quietly sobbed in between before he ran out of the room leaving the puzzled Jungkook.

Because I’m a satellite, after looking at you for a while, after standing with hope maybe, the road looks the same, I move my feet finally, that’s what I am.

8.

“Jimin why are you crying?” Seokjin stood up from his seat when he saw Jimin was come rushing out of the room.

“Are you happy now?” Jimin gritted his teeth as he wiped the tears that refused to stop flowing out.

“Jimin?” Seokjin grabbed Jimin’s arm tightly, staring worriedly at his little brother.

“Please, stop doing this hyung, stop acting like you care,” Jimin said while wiping off the tears and Seokjin panicked, he was expecting Jimin to jump on him while giving him that blinding eye smile, he was expecting a happy tears and not such broken one coming out of those beautiful eyes.

“Jimin wait!” Jimin was already running out before Seokjin could catch him so he ran back toward where Jungkook was.

9.

“What happened?” Jungkook was still sitting on his chair, he hung his head low before he lifted it up when Seokjin suddenly entered the room, and Seokjin knew that Jimin wasn’t the only one crying that night.

“I’m afraid I don’t have anything to explain,” Jungkook shook his head weakly.

“Maybe there’s some misunderstanding between you and my CEO,” he smiled sadly, looking at Seokjin, his eyes screamed ‘I think I fucked up, help me’ as if he had done something that he would regret for the rest of his life.

“Tell me what happened,” Seokjin demanded as he slid a chair beside Jungkook. Jungkook was telling him everything while his head droop weakly the whole time, hiding the shame from everything he had said and done that night.

10.

Jimin’s phone had been ringing non-stop since a week ago, he chose to ignore everything, indulging himself on self loathe while wishing that he could forget everything as fast as it happened.

Seokjin finally left him with a message.

From: Seokjin Hyung

There’s some misunderstanding, Jungkook feels sorry too, his CEO apologized. Call me as soon as possible.

I’m sorry.

Jungkook didn’t lose his job, but Jimin lost his.

11.

Jungkook was having an argument with his CEO that night, he apologized to Jungkook after Seokjin berated him for concluding what Seokjin mean with ‘having dinner with his little brother’ into ‘sleeping with him’. Seokjin was furious at them though he couldn’t really blame Jungkook, the 20 years old boy must had been shocked when he heard someone wanted to buy him but that didn’t change the fact that Jungkook had hurt Jimin. Seokjin admitted he was wrong too that the way be approached Jungkook’s CEO from offering a large sum of money might be the cause of all this misunderstanding.

Jungkook didn’t say anything more to Seokjin besides asking him to tell Jimin that it was a misunderstanding that he was really sorry for everything he said to Jimin that night, for hurting him, for making him cry.

12.

Jungkook was checking himself up for the last time on the airport bathroom mirror before he finally came out to greet his awaiting fans.

“What’s with you? You keep checking yourself out,” Jungkook’s manager snickered and only gained a scoffed from the idol.

He walked outside and soon his eyes were searching, waving and smiling that earned screams from each corner where his fans stood. The familiar shutter and flash was something that Jungkook never really enjoyed before but somehow today, he craved it, he hoped one of those shuttering sound came out from the boy’s camera that usually stood there between all the fangirls, holding his black canon camera that Jungkook remembered so clearly. Jungkook’s genuine smile faltered when he couldn’t locate where that guy was. It was more than a week already, he thought Jimin knew that it was all misunderstanding and he would come back and give him that smile that once had caused Jungkook’s heart to skip a beat right in the center of the airport when he saw it, but there was no Jimin, there was no his favorite fansite owner.

Jungkook was in complete sour mood the whole day, he refused to talk with any of his staff, knowing it wasn’t exactly the first time Jungkook was like this they left him alone for the time being, after all their only concern was whether the show went out perfectly or not. Jungkook’s mind was full of the brown haired short male who’s smile would put the sun into shame, who’s eyes prettier than any member of girl group he had went across, or how his lips was perfectly plump, looked so soft, and prettily pink. And Jungkook, instead of being grateful from finally able to witness all those up close was acting like an asshole instead, making the smile disappear, the beautiful eyes flooded with tears, and the lips swollen from the biting in attempt of muffling the sobs.

When a week turned to two, three and four, Jungkook realized that his apology that he didn’t even convey directly was never going to be enough to put back every pieces of Jimin’s heart that he had broken that night.

13.

A month after he shut himself out Jimin was finally back to his sense, not fully yet but not like there was anything he could do about it, might as well live with it. He had only been sleeping and eating, and trying to get over Jungkook all this time. He couldn’t really say that he succeeded at getting over Jungkook, not at all. Because Jeon Jungkook had been part of Jimin’s life for the past year, his daily life, his schedule was filled with meeting Jungkook, taking and arranging Jungkook pictures, drawing him, listening and singing his song, watching him, and admiring him. Had he known that it’d hurt this much he would have stayed back behind the fence, watching the flower bloom silently. He should never dared to climb over the fence and touched the flower only to get himself hurt by its thorn.

Jeon Jungkook was everything Jimin had always wished to be. He was a homeless in front of Jungkook because Jeon Jungkook had everything Jimin ever wanted. Because despite walking on a gold bridge with flowers thrown on his walk path all his life he didn’t have what he wanted the most. Jungkook was living the dream Jimin had to let go a long time ago when his father dismissed it like it wasn’t something that keeping his son sane all this time. Jungkook had the life Jimin wanted to live even for just a brief moment, to taste how sweet it is standing on stage, performing like it was the sole reason for his existence.

At some point Jimin believed his father’s words, that it was just a phase, like a little kid crying his heart out for a toy only to throw it away once there was something more interesting, he thought he was like that too (he used to be when he was just a spoiled rich kid). He wanted to be a singer just because he saw how Taeyang glowed and how he lost himself on stage like nothing else matters. Maybe Jimin was just curious to know how it was like, he’d get over it soon, he tirelessly kept telling himself that.

But then came Jeon Jungkook, a boy two years younger than him, a boy who confessed once in an interview that he never wanted anything else in his life but to be a singer, a boy who only knew about singing and dancing his whole life, for Jeon Jungkook it wasn’t just a momentary curiosity or interest, it wasn’t that Iron Man robot Jimin cried his heart out to have -that he brought everywhere he went, that he slept with, that glued to him- only to be thrown into the basket along with other countless forgotten toys not even a month later. For Jeon Jungkook, it was a lifelong dream.

It took years for Jimin to finally realized, that no, it was different from all the toys he had thrown. Because after years of watching Big Bang, he still had that lingering feeling in the pit of his heart, it left a bitter taste there, there was a round of regret of not trying harder to achieve it, of not being stubborn enough to keep telling his father that he wanted this. Maybe he should cry his heart out like he did when he was five if it meant he could stand there under the spotlight. He realized he never wanted anything so bad that he’d willingly exchanged his life with Jeon Jungkook’s. How bad he wished that money could buy him a whole new life, Jeon Jungkook’s kind of life.

He watched Jungkook as if he was living vicariously through it. He envied everything that Jeon Jungkook had, his ability, his resolute, even more was his parents support. Everything that Jimin couldn’t have, everything he couldn’t buy. Those jealousy soon turned to admiration and fondness and soon to something close to love. He wanted to support Jungkook’s dream as if it was his own.

 

There was nothing left. No Jeon Jungkook, no vicariously watching him from afar. No one else’s dream to be supported anymore.

Jimin was about to order black been noodle that he had been eating all this month when he realized that his wallet was empty, no earning for a month was definitely draining his wallet off. Jimin sighed deeply as he slumped back on his bed when the tip of the golden card peeked from his wallet, his golden credit card that he had never used before because he was so full of himself, thinking that he could feed himself without his father’s help though all he had been doing was taking pictures of Jungkook pathetically.

Jimin closed his eyes and frowned before he sigh deeply, no matter how hard he try it would never been enough. He thought, probably, he should start accepting his fate as a chaebol's second son and act like one, do nothing and just spend all the money. If he just kept himself out of the light, not doing anything, not causing trouble and spend all the money then at least he would be good enough for his dad, it was definitely better to cry inside the Lamborghini than inside this shitty apartment he had.

Jimin took his long neglected phone with uncountable notifications and called his brother.

“Jimin? Are you okay, why are just calling now, I’m worried sick you know?” As soon as the line connected Seokjin bombarded him with all the questions and all the explanations that Jimin actually didn’t really want to hear anymore.

Hyung…” Jimin cut him off before Seokjin finished his rambling about everything that happened over a month ago.

“Yeah?”

“I need a job.”

“But you have one, right?”

“Not anymore.” Seokjin gasped at the realization.

“Y-you quit? Listen Jimin if you quit because—“

“No. Really. I just had enough and…and tired, just give me any position in the company.” Seokjin almost could see the fatigue from how weak and distant Jimin’s voice was.

“What position do you want?” Seokjin said, he had prepared some position for Jimin since long time ago, Jimin was a smart boy and Seokjin believed he only need some experiences to be as good as him at doing his job and to help Seokjin with the company later.

“Whatever position for the second child,” Jimin said flatly. Seokjin would be lying if he said those words didn’t hurt him. He knew how much being the second actually mean to Jimin, how much his brother was kept being reminded that being the second is equal as not being anything at all.

“Jimin…” Seokjin whinned, his sounded crestfallen.

“Oh, shut up hyung, everywhere is fine, tell me when you find one.” Jimin was about to hung up when Seokjin talked again.

“When do you think you’re ready to start working?”

“Tomorrow is fine for me, and yeah, can you help me moving to that apartment building that mom gave me last year?”

Seokjin had too much surprise today, not something he could say he was happy about. But at least his brother was moving on.

“Yes, of course I’ll help you, do you want me to send a truck?” Seokjin asked.

“No need to, there’s not much that I’ll bring, just send me back my car, I’ll move by myself.”

“W-what about your scooter?”

“I’m giving it to Hoseok, he always want it anyway,” Jimin stated so easily as if it wasn’t something he had held dear all this years.

“Jimin what’s wrong with you?” Seokjin asked cautiously, he thought he would be happy if Jimin choose to live his life like how he should be, but Seokjin never thought that it would feel this heart breaking instead.

“What? I’m just tired and I thought how about trying to act like rich kids who can get whatever they want with a snap of fingers for once.” Jimin hung up before Seokjin could ask anything more.

 

14.

Satellite97 will be permanently close down as of today, thank you for all the support.

 

15.

“I heard you started working at the company?” Jimin’s dad started during their monthly dinner together.

“Yes, it’s only been a week.” Jimin said as he looked at his father whom just nodded.

“You don’t have any trouble son?” Her mother asked this time.

“Not really.”

“Just remember to—“ His dad’s words was cut off before he could finish and both Seokjin and Ms. Park’s stared wide-eyedly at Jimin.

“Not to cause any trouble, not to stand out.” Jimin said as he took another bite of his raspberry panna cotta.

Mr. Park only cleared his throat before he continued to eat. He wouldn’t say that Jimin wasn’t exactly right about it.

Work hard, son.

 

16.

Jeon Jungkook filed a lawsuit for contract nullification to his company.

The news caught his attention, he hadn’t heard that name for months. But the news he saw wasn’t something he actually glad to hear, he held no grudge toward Jungkook it was all just a misunderstanding Seokjin kept reminding him that over and over, but still he ran away, too embarrassed and too hurt to face Jungkook after everything.

He knew that Jungkook still had 3 years left contract with his company, Jimin read through the article but there wasn’t any clear statement as of why Jungkook was suing his company. It was said that it was because of a mere of misunderstanding and overworking, but Jimin knew there was definitely something more to cause such an obedient kid like Jungkook went as far as filing a lawsuit.

And before he could think straight he called his brother.

“What happened to Jungkook?” Jimin tried to sound as calm as he could though Seokjin totally caught into it.

“We’re still not sure though, I’m still trying to contact Jungkook.”

“You knew about this?” Jimin asked.

“Of course, our company always wanted to take Jungkook and make him our ambassador and I think right now is the right chance to take him in, what do you think?”

Jimin frowned at that.

“Don’t tell me we also have some kind of entertainment agency?” Even if he was literally the son of the owner it still shocked Jimin each time he found out more about his company.

“We own almost everything Jimin, I’m not bragging, but really,” Seokjin almost blurted cute but stopped himself, knowing really well that Jimin wasn’t really fond of being babied by him.

“Oh.” Jimin muttered softly at the late realization of how rich his family was and followed by another giggle from Seokjin.

“But we never really have idol before, mostly just actors and actresses, so if Jungkook signed with us he’ll be our first idol. Aren’t you happy?” Seokjin teased because he knew really well that Jimin calling him without second hesitation when he knew something happened to Jungkook was a prove that Jimin still at least care about the idol.

“And why are you asking me that? I’m hanging up.”

Chapter 2: Part 2

Summary:

‘Your Satellite’
It was as big as a regular magazine, not more than half an inch thick. The title was written in a plain white color. The cover colored in pitch black with twinkling stars spread through it just like the cloudless night sky in Busan where thousands of stars shining brightly. Just like how the sea of his official light stick blinking brightly as he watched proudly from the stage where he stood.

Notes:

Hey, here is the second chapter. thank you for all the kind comments from the first chapter, I hope you enjoy this one just as much ^^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was only a week later when Jeon Jungkook was sitting inside Seokjin’s office with Seokjin’s secretary, Namjoon when Jimin rushed inside. He couldn’t hide how startled he was when he saw Jungkook’s condition, his lips busted and his cheek was in blue purplish color. Jeon Jungkook hid his face under his hoodie as soon as he saw Jimin.

“What…what happened?” Jimin asked warily as he took a seat beside Jungkook.

“A few guys beat him up on his way to his apartment, we called the police but we’re worried of his safety so we brought him here.” Seokjin replied, sounding just as worried and angry. Jungkook was clenching his trembling hands together, there was trace of dried up blood on his knuckles.

“You okay?” Jimin was laying a reassuring hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. It made Jungkook flinched slightly at the sudden contact. He lifted his head and stared at Jimin with his wide round eyes. He searched Jimin's eyes, in case it was just a façade to hide how happy Jimin was of what happened to him, like he totally deserve it after what he had done to him but not like he didn't know that there was no way Jimin would be like that. The way Jimin was looking at him was the same as how he looked at him a few months ago, when Jimin was the only one that noticed how tired and sick Jungkook was, how Jimin was the only one understanding enough to lower his camera and stopped that sickening shuttering sounds, and he stood there showing the most beautiful smile Jungkook had ever seen in his life.

“Yeah, better,” Jungkook answered and smiled softly at Jimin. Jungkook didn't miss the little shy smile Jimin gave him.

 

“Do you have any idea who’s behind this?” Really, Seokjin never meant to ruin the moment Jungkook and Jimin currently shared but they had something more urgent to discuss.

“I think it’s my CEO…no, I’m sure it’s him, it’s, it’s not the first time,” Jungkook said weakly, a bit hesitant. Jimin still had his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder wondering whether he should caress the boy beside him or not but seeing how Jungkook's shoulder was so tense his hand just moved on its own. Jimin's gentle touch was able to ease Jungkook slightly.

“During trainee days, if we made a mistake he’d sometimes slapped or punched or hit our head.”

It was dead silent after that, only the sound of Jimin, Seokjin, and Namjoon’s deep exhales were heard.

Jungkook didn’t look at any of them, but a second later he heard a soft mumble of something like piece of shit from right beside him.

But Jungkook wasn’t the only one who heard that as Seokjin, and Namjoon turned their heads along with him toward the source of that little curse, wondering whether it was just their imaginations hearing it coming out from Jimin.

“What?” Jimin lifted one of his brows, looking at three of them with defended look.

It was cute, the way Jimin curse, even with such bad words coming out of him he still looked harmless nonetheless. None of them would tell Jimin that or he’d sulk all day.

“Did I just hear your first cursing?” Seokjin beamed, breaking the icy air around them and followed by Namjoon’s snort and Jungkook’s little giggle.

“Of course not!” Jimin exclaimed almost too eagerly, not finding their reaction amusing at all.

“Okay, okay I’m sorry,” Seokjin was trying his hard not to laugh out loud.

Jungkook was leaning his back against the back of the sofa, hiding a little smile behind his fist. He felt much better but suddenly feeling very tired too, only because he finally allowed himself to.

“You must be tired,” Namjoon said and Jungkook just nodded while covering his mouth as he yawned.

Seokjin had always been one with the most innovative and advanced idea, and today wasn't an exception, even better than all those merging and investment idea he had before, “you should stay at Jimin’s place, it’s near from here,” Seokjin smiled knowingly at Jungkook. Jungkook jumped on his seat, feeling like he suddenly was woken up from slumber.

“N-no, it’s fine, I’ll stay at the hotel,” Jungkook said, standing up hurriedly before Jimin grabbed his wrist.

“You can stay,”  Jimin smiled at him, and really, who was Jungkook to decline when such a cutie who's eyes sparkling prettily at him told him to stay.

 

Seokjin high fived Namjoon.

 

18.

Jungkook had always thought he had lived well off enough with big apartment, cars, and enough saving inside his bank account, but his eyes almost popped out when he first stepped inside Jimin's apartment. His so called perfect home that he had been so proud of all this time was perhaps not more than that little space at the corner of Jimin’s living room, so much for being a chaebol.

Here was the thing, Jungkook definitely wasn’t poor, he had debuted for 3 years and earned quite a lot even though not as much as he deserved because of how unreasonable the earning distribution with his company sometimes. But at least, he was satisfied with his life until he walked further and further inside of Jimin’s apartment. This place was the kind of apartment that’d only show up in a drama where the characters were unbelievably rich, it was stupid and naïve but Jungkook never would have thought that there was an actual person living in a place like this. Like how much did they pay every month for a place this big? There was a lot of space inside, too much space Jungkook thought he could just open up a dance studio right there at the center of Jimin’s living room.

“Just sit, I'll bring some drink,” Jimin said, pulling Jungkook out of his trance as he motioned him to sit on his black shiny leathered sofa.

Jungkook settled on the one third part of the big sofa awkwardly while looking at the also super big flat TV screen in front of him, looking up at the somehow too tall ceiling and suddenly feeling so small.

Jungkook turned his head back, deciding to just watch Jimin as he prepared him his drink, the shorter one was taking off his maroon colored jacket and Jungkook just had to gulp the lump inside his throat for accidentally witnessing Jimin’s muscled back tensing under the tight white dress shirt he wore. And as if it wasn’t enough Jimin turned around as he searched for glass beneath the bar counter, not really noticing Jungkook’s stare as he took off his black tie, placing it on top of the bar counter before he plopped one, two, three of his dress shirt’s button. Jungkook averted his gaze hurriedly feeling his cheeks burnt, as if he just saw something he shouldn’t.

“Here,” Jimin settled down beside him soon after placing a glass of orange juice in front of Jungkook who took it and gulped it down nervously, suddenly just feeling really thirsty.

“You okay?” Jimin asked as he worriedly scanned Jungkook’s bruised face.

Jungkook gulped, he didn’t really registered what Jimin asked him, his mind was reeling with something he had wanted to say ever since he met Jimin inside Seokjin’s office this afternoon and he couldn’t think of anything else.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook murmured before he placed down his empty glass on the wooden table in front of them, his hands shaky and there was a lump in his throat. He was happy and sad at the same time because despite how bad he had treated Jimin last time they met, Jimin still treated him hundred times better than Jungkook could ever manage, and even he himself knew he didn't deserve that.

“For what?” Jimin asked, he clasped his hands together on his laps, staring straight ahead. He probably knew what Jungkook meant but didn’t want to jump into conclusion so fast, because the last time he did he got his heart broken.

“For everything.”

“Everything?” Jimin turned and stared at Jungkook.

“That night when we met, I was planning to apologize directly but a lot of things happened, and-- I’m just, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” Jungkook said shakily while darting his gaze down toward his feet, giving up half way on making excuses because no matter what excuses he had it still couldn't justify whatever shit he threw at Jimin that night.

“It’s okay, my brother explained everything,” Jimin said softly, his lips curled up in a small smile.

“Then why did you stop coming?”

He took a deep breath when another seconds passed and he didn't hear any respond from Jimin. Jungkook prompted himself to look back at him. Everything in Jungkook’s world seemed to stop the moment his eyes met Jimin's, their face was so close and Jungkook didn’t know where to look or where not to but he didn’t want to look away either.

“Why?” Jungkook repeated weakly almost in a whisper.

Jungkook slowly darted his eyes down slowly, toward Jimin's nose, then to his lips, it looked so soft, so pink and he couldn't help himslef from moving a little bit closer.

“I’m not sure, I just felt weird if I continue. I can’t act as if nothing’s wrong between us, so I stopped.”

Jungkook shook his head, opening his mouth to say another string of apology but Jimin cut him off.

“I know, I know. You’re sorry, but I was already hurt at that time, I know it was a mistake and I know you’re sorry, but I already heard everything you say, how you looked at me that night and you can’t un-feel feelings, Jungkook.”

Jungkook reached out to touch Jimin’s cheeks with the tip of his fingers, giving it a faint brush when he saw Jimin was in the brink of crying.

“I’m sorry,” there was nothing else inside Jungkook’s mind beside I’m sorry, I’m fucking sorry, please forgive me and it was chanting loudly inside of his mind.

“It’s fine now.” Jimin placed his warm hand on Jungkook’s cheek gently avoiding the bruise, lifting up Jungkook’s face so he would look him in the eye.

“It’s okay,” Jimin’s soft voice was pulling him in.

Jimin stared at his lips, there was a slight trace of dried up blood and his heart ached at that. Before he knew it, Jungkook was closing his eyes as Jimin’s mint scented breath was fanning his face. His little fingers was brushing Jungkook’s face gently and Jungkook did the same to Jimin’s cheek. It felt like the gravity pulled them toward each other until their lips met, molding with each other’s and it surprised Jungkook at how soft and how perfect Jimin lips felt on his.

After just stiffly locking their lips without any movement, they pulled away to stare at each other. Then Jungkook kissed him again, moving his lips slowly as he cupped Jimin’s cheeks with his rough big hands. Jimin parted his lips along with Jungkook, tilting his head to the side so their lips were locked perfectly. He gripped on Jungkook’s shoulder when the younger was swiping his tongue across his lips, asking for permission to do more, to feel more of him and Jimin answered by opening his mouth. It was warm and sweet and so endearing. He could do this the whole night, exploring every nook and cranny of Jimin’s inside, marking his territory and making sure he didn’t leave out any millimeters of Jimin's mouth without feeling it with his tongue.

Jimin held onto Jungkook’s shoulder tighter, his lips moving along with Jungkook’s in a hesitant and less experienced way. It was his first.

Jungkook didn’t know exactly how long they kissed, it felt both long and short at the same time. When he opened his eyes, he saw how Jimin’s lips glisten with saliva, red and swollen, his cheeks burned in a pretty peach color, and how his breath raged, Jungkook smiled widely almost laughing even. Like there was something inside his chest, inside his mind that made everything looked better, brighter and made him happier like nothing else besides how he had Jimin in his arms mattered.

Jungkook bumped his forehead gently to Jimin’s, still couldn’t brushed the smile off his face. Jimin let out a breathy giggle, holding onto Jungkook’s arms tightly like he didn’t want to let go, smiling just as wide.

 

19.

Jungkook stretched his arms out, twisting his hips left and right to get his muscle relaxed. He had woken up just a minute ago, blinking his eyes a few times and looking around the unfamiliar large room before he remembered where, how or why he was laying on this king sized bed- right, Jimin.

Jungkook lifted himself up, scanning the room though he hadn’t fully awake yet but curiosity beat his sleepiness. The room was definitely big. But after seeing everything yesterday, there was hardly anything that surprised him anymore. The spacious room, the bed that definitely was too big to be comfortable for a person to sleep alone, because the space that left empty right on his side screamed to be occupied by someone else. Even with the blanket as smooth as silk and as warm as firewood during winter still couldn’t compare to how warm Jimin’s body was pressed against him last night and Jungkook found himself smiling bashfully at the memory.

Jungkook dragged himself up from the bed after he was fully awake, deciding to look for Jimin outside the room. He opened the door and finally hearing a sound coming from the kitchen. And there he was, his back facing Jungkook, cooking something with some ingredients sprawled out on top of the counter. Jimin was humming something Jungkook couldn’t really hear clearly, but as he moved his feet, step by step closer to Jimin, he could finally hear it loud and clear. It was a familiar melody for him, he still sang it until last month before the dispute with his company.

“You sings pretty well,” Jungkook said softly when he finally just a meter away from him.

The older jumped in surprise and turned to see Jungkook was there standing behind him.

“You scared me,” Jimin’s widened for a split second before he let out a small smile that didn’t make his eyes closed completely but still took a beat of Jungkook’s heartbeat just as effectively as his usual blinding wide smile. Jimin turned his attention back toward the currently cooked rice on his pan.

Jungkook took another step closer until he could sneak a peek on what Jimin was cooking in so much concentration. Kimchi fried rice, the only recipe Jimin could make, hoping that it would be at least edible.

“Smells nice,” Jungkook said softly almost in a whisper, attempting to have a small talk with Jimin between all the hissing sound from burning rice and kimchi and the clanking sound produced by the pan and the wooden spoon.

“Thanks,” Jimin said hurriedly not even sparring him a glance and Jungkook took a step back, looking carefully at the boy. He was still wearing his light blue pajama with a black apron wrapped around his front. It was too quiet for his liking, Jimin was too quiet. Jungkook was sure something that happened last night wasn’t just his imagination, he could feel it still. His lips still tingling from the sensation of how unbelievably soft and warm Jimin’s lips were.

Jungkook cleared his throat before dragging himself disappointingly toward the dining table. He sat there while watching Jimin intensely, jutting his bottom lips and frowning slightly. He wondered since when did kimchi fried rice had become more attractive than him. He was Jeon Jungkook, the nation’s heart-throb, girls loved him and boys wanted to be like him. He sold out the ticket for his concert at Tokyo Dome last year. Seriously, Jimin had his priority mixed up.

It felt like hours for Jungkook though in reality it was only half an hour later that Jimin finally turned around as he gripped the fry pan’s handle and distributed the kimchi fried rice he just made into two equal portions onto the plates he had prepared before. Jungkook’s face lightened up as he watched Jimin walking toward him with a brighter smile on his face, he almost thought he wouldn’t be able to see that today.

Jimin placed the dish in front of Jungkook before he walked to his own seat across him.

“I hope you like it, it’s the only thing I can make properly,” Jimin said warily as both of his hands were busy playing with the spoon.

“Thank you,” Jungkook mumbled softly and smiled before he started to dig in.

Jungkook wasn’t very picky when it came to food. Jimin’s kimchi fried rice probably wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, but it was thankfully ordinary in a good way. Jungkook swore he could eat it for days if that means he could see Jimin smile so bright like that.

“Scrumptious,” after a few spoonful Jungkook finally said while giving him the smile that had killed half of the female population of South Korea, nodding as he did so just to emphasize his point.

Jimin’s face brightened before he started eating his own portion of kimchi fried rice, humming contently as soon as it touched his tongue.

Jungkook stole a glance when Jimin was busy finishing up his food. The boy looked gorgeous with his messy dark brown hair and a tiny bit trace of sleepiness on his face. His natural blush, his puffy cheeks and his cute plump lips made Jungkook forgot about the food in front of him for a moment there. Jimin was unreal. It was only when Jimin suddenly lifted his head up that Jungkook averted his gaze and started finishing up his breakfast.

One thing he learned after meeting Jimin was a chaebol wasn’t so bad after all. In fact, Jimin was more than just average-nice, he was way too nice. Almost like an out of character chaebol if the characters like Jo Tae Oh or Nam Gyu Man did any justice at depicting the reality of this chaebols. Jungkook didn’t want to be so judgmental about those conglomerates, but reality spoke more than anything, he got not just once or twice proposal of buying him (man, woman, middle-age, young heir, you name it, though the only invitation he agreed on was when it came from someone named Park Seokjin who wanted him to meet Park Jimin (though, he actually didn’t know whether it was the same Park Jimin he knew)) with large sum of money that Jungkook would never be able to earn even by working all his life. But Jimin -and Seokjin- actually made Jungkook believe that not every conglomerate are assholes.

 

20.

It was after the breakfast that filled with comfortable silence that Jungkook sat on the couch. Heat creeping up his cheeks at the reminding of what he and Jimin did on this very couch last night. Jungkook was waiting for Jimin to finish washing the dishes, slightly nervous at the thought of getting sued for letting the second son of the Park Group’s president washing his dish, though Jimin had reassured him by saying I like washing dishes and seriously who in the world enjoyed washing the dishes.

Jungkook was scanning through the room since he hadn’t really had the chance last night, apparently too busy at scanning something else with his tongue. Behind the flat TV screen there was a wooden book shelf, completely covering the whole wall. Jungkook stood up as he approached the shelf, hoping on distracting himself as he waited for Jimin to join him. His eyes looked through each books carefully, trying to find any books that he knew or at least one with an interesting title, something with a lot of drawing are highly appreciated because Jungkook wasn’t really the reading type person. His eyes stopped when he finally found something, he pulled out the book and smiled after seeing the cover.

Your Satellite

It was as big as a regular magazine, not more than half an inch thick. The title was written in a plain white color. The cover colored in pitch black with twinkling stars spread through it just like the cloudless night sky in Busan where thousands of stars shining brightly. Just like how the sea of his official light stick blinking brightly as he watched proudly from the stage where he stood. 

Jungkook remembered receiving it months ago. He still had it inside his bedroom. Jungkook usually kept and took care of each one of his photobooks from his fans. He treasured it because it was like some sort of prove that his fans loved and appreciated him. But the only photobook he kept right beside his bed was the copy of the one in his hand right now.

He loved how he was portrayed on Jimin’s photos. It was weird, but for some reasons, he looked more…ordinary, in a good way. Jimin’s photo book mostly contained picture from the airport or concert because he knew Jimin never went to fansign but he loved it either way. He liked thinking about how Jimin was looking at him through his lens, how he came out amazingly ordinary in these pictures, so much like the boy from Busan, a 20 years old Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook found himself inside the photos that Jimin took, the human Jeon Jungkook was there. And that was why the thing on Jungkook’s hand right now wasn’t just a photobook that was sold for his fans. For him, this photobook was like those family photo albums that stored inside his house in Busan to reminisce the good old times. The pictures felt like it was taken by a family or friend, by someone he was so close with, by someone who truly understand him. The photobook just felt personal. Or maybe it was simply because Jimin was the one who made it.

“Jungkook?” Jungkook jumped slightly when he heard Jimin was calling from behind. He flushed red when he stepped back and his back touched Jimin’s chest.

“I-I’m looking at this,” Jungkook said nervously while showing the photo book in his hand to Jimin.

“Whoa that’s embarrassing,” Jimin smiled shyly as he took the photobook from Jungkook’s grip and brought it along with him toward the sofa.

“I think it’s really good.” Jungkook scratched his nape out of embarrassment as he followed Jimin like a puppy and sat beside him.

Jimin was smiling while looking through the glossy pages. He didn’t really remember bringing it along with him when he moved because he was desperately trying to forget Jeon Jungkook at that time.

“You like it?” Jimin stared at Jungkook with anticipation filling his eyes.

“Yeah, I have one actually.”

“Ah, so you received it,” Jimin nodded as he recalled sending that photobook to Jungkook’s company, frustratingly wondering whether they threw it away or whether Jungkook really did receive it. He got his answer today, when he least expected it.

Jungkook didn’t say anything, Jimin proud smile was satisfying enough for him.

“I miss them,” Jimin stared blankly at the photo book as his smile faltered. Seeing the photobook in his hands made him remembered his fellow fansite masters whom he had gotten very close with during the short period they chased after Jungkook together, giving up on sleep and social life for the same purpose of supporting the boy who sat right beside him at this very moment.

“I heard there was uproar when you close your fansite, there were a lot of theories too, you know my fans love theories,” Jungkook peeked toward Jimin, reading his expression while wondering whether he should brought up the talk just yet or not.

“I love theories too, I mean I was your fan too.” Jimin’s gaze never left the book as he smiled but Jungkook’s expression fell from how Jimin said it in a past tense. But he didn’t want to pry too much yet, so he chuckled to mask his disappointment.

Jimin looked through each pages carefully and Jungkook felt stupid for feeling jealous at his own pictures, hoping that Jimin would look at him just like how he looked at those pictures, it was all him anyway.

Jungkook bit his lips, his mind reeling and before he could think long enough he blurted, “I miss you.”

Jimin froze, his short chubby fingers stopped, he was looking everywhere but Jungkook. And at the pit of his heart Jungkook hugely regretted saying it.

 

“Sorry…” Jungkook muttered when a torturing silence was the only response Jimin gave him. But not even a second after, he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. There he was, Jimin was smiling widely at him and it was bittersweet. Jungkook didn’t have any courage to analyze the meaning behind that smile.

Jimin closed the book and put it aside before he looked at Jungkook, “you know, for someone like Sandara nuna, Chaerin nuna, Minji nuna, Bom nuna, or the other fansites, fans, someone like them, like me, just watching you from afar is enough,” Jimin inhaled deeply.

“I thought about quitting countless time, because it isn’t exactly a job you can be proud of. Chaerin nuna told me, how people side eyeing her when they found out she managed a fansite, Minji nuna keep it a secret from his friends afraid of being judged. And despite all that we continued doing it and the reason for it probably the same for everyone, it’s because of you, for you Jungkook,” Jungkook exhaled, watching how Jimin smiled sadly like he was in the middle of reminiscing a memory that both sad and happy.

“Making my parents proud or finding a proper job was the only thing on my mind, beside you at that time,” Jimin averted his gaze toward his laps, “but, then I saw you again the next day, one day you were bright, one day you looked excited, one day you looked tired, and another day you looked blank. And each day after I saw you, I wanted to see you again the next day, just to make sure that you would feel better by the next day, just to make sure that you were still happy and excited the next day, and after that I went back home and thinking about quitting again and the next day I saw you again. It was a never-ending cycle,” Jimin froze when Jungkook’s hands softly touched his, squeezing in reassurance.

“I was content with seeing you from afar I shouldn’t be greedy. I was wrong because even though I didn’t know you personally I acted as if I know you and that night…” Jimin stopped suddenly and Jungkook had to bit his teeth and squeezed tighter on Jimin’s hand to prevent himself from hugging Jimin there and tell him that he was sorry.

He was fucking sorry for everything he said that night, for being a complete dick and breaking Jimin’s heart. He could remember vividly how the regret eating him up the moment Jimin left the room with tears flowed non-stop on his cheeks and all Jungkook ever wanted to do was to kick himself in the ass because Jimin was not someone that deserve to be treated that way. He was such an idiot for giving into his nerves as soon as he heard that Jimin was the one who wanted to buy him. He usually refused any type of dinner invitation, it usually said dinner when in fact it was way more than that (who would spend millions won just to have dinner with someone anyway?) but because it was Park Jimin, because he wanted to make sure that it wasn’t that same Park Jimin who wouldn’t leave his mind for days after he saw that heartwarming smile, because Jungkook didn’t want his fantasy about the angel holding black canon camera to be crushed from how he ended up being just the same as those conglomerate who wanted to buy him, he accepted the offer.

“That night when we first met, it was like my fantasy about you was crushed—“

Same, Jungkook inwardly said.

“—I hate it when someone judged you like they know you but I did it too in the end, I’m such a hypocrite. More than angry at you, I was angry at myself. I was honestly expecting something when I first saw you sitting there because I thought you would be like how I thought you’d be, but you’re not.”

“Jimin,” Jungkook gulped the lump inside his throat, “I remember clearly when you smiled at me that day. You know, I also had this image of you in my mind. So when I found out that you’re the one who wanted to buy me I was very hurt, I was disappointed because I thought you ended up become the same as those conglomerates who came at me before. But I was wrong, I didn’t wait for your explanation, I-I hurt you and I’m sorry,” Jungkook mumbled the last part. He didn’t have any courage to lift his head and looked up at Jimin from the shame of how he acted so much like a brat that night.

“I was wrong, you’re similar to what I had imagined you would be,” Jungkook added soon after, still with shaky voice while fidgeting with his fingers.

“Similar?”

“You’re warm, and nice, and-and you smells good,” Jungkook felt how his face burning from embarrassment, more embarrassing than when he filmed those sappy romance dramas a while back. But he really just had to say it.

“…Thank you,” Jimin mumbled as he reached out for Jungkook’s hands. He smiled reassuringly this time, there was still sadness but there was even more happiness there inside those dark brown orbs. Jungkook would never get enough of that smile, he might be a little bit had become Jimin’s fan.

“The you I got to know also similar with the you inside my imagination, the difference is I thought you were weak, I thought I need to always protect you but that night you stood up for yourself and that was very admirable,” Jimin smiled sincerely while stroking Jungkook’s hair in fondness. He remembered how the fansites usually referred Jungkook as their precious kid or their baby who must be protected at all cost and Jimin probably had that image buried too deep in his mind that he overlooked the fact that he was just two years older than Jungkook and Jungkook was a grown-up man who was bigger and taller than him (“Shut up hyung!” He would sulk each time Hoseok reminded him of that fact).

Jungkook’s heart seemed like it had its own mind, so before he could fathom any sort of thought he already moved closer and kissed Jimin, to be honest he had wanted to do it ever since he woke up this morning. The older was paralyzed for a second there, it was still a foreign feeling for him, because no one had ever been this affectionate to him before. Jungkook froze too, their lips still locked, stomach turned in worry that Jimin didn’t want it. Soon after, he smiled into the kiss when Jimin started moving his lips. And just like last night, they drown from one kiss to two, three, four until they forgot how to count.

Jungkook definitely loved the overly big sofa.

21.

I don’t understand why Jungkook filed a lawsuit against us. We treated him really well, the company always complied with everything he asked. There’s definitely no overwork and there’s definitely nothing like unfair payment distribution as he accused us. He started rebelling as soon as the Park Group constantly contacting him. Jungkook still has 3 years contract with us but the Park Group keep asking us to let Jungkook go and sign a contract with them. They also helps Jungkook filing the lawsuit against us. I don’t understand why Jungkook stabbed us behind our back after everything we did for him.’

Jungkook groaned in annoyance as he slumped down on the couch inside Seokjin’s office while watching his CEO's interview who denied every accusation Jungkook threw at him.

“That’s bullshit,” Jungkook almost shouted while Seokjin also watched the TV in amusement.

Jungkook sat there with Seokjin, Namjoon, and his lawyer Min Yoongi, they were discussing about the court against Jungkook’s former agency. They had the evidence of when his agency sent people to beat Jungkook up and they had all the documents they need as prove of unfair earning distribution between them.

“It’s okay Jungkook, we’ll win this,” Seokjin gave Jungkook a reassuring look.

“But…” Min Yoongi, the guy who seemed very tired and sleepy said as he looked straight at Jungkook.

“Is there something more?” He asked, it sounded just like any ordinary question the lawyer asked their client but Jungkook’s reaction made Seokjin and Namjoon suspected that there was indeed something more than the boy had told them.

Jungkook inhaled silently as soon as Yoongi asked him and then he started fidgeting with his fingers and refused to exchange look with any other person inside that room.

“No, there’s nothing else,” Jungkook said weakly trying to convince them but his sudden change of tone from angry teenager a minute ago to a kicked puppy gave it all away.

“Jungkook…” Namjoon asked again, he placed his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder, feeling the tensed muscle under his palm.

“You can tell us everything, we’ll help,” Seokjin added as he moved closer and watched the younger boy in front of him.

Jungkook just shook his head.

“Why? It’s okay. What is it?” Seokjin was still trying to convince him but Jungkook seemed like he already decided to zip his mouth tightly.

Namjoon and Yoongi just watched from their seat. Namjoon patted his shoulder, hoping that Jungkook would loosen up a bit at that, but it didn’t seem to work.

Yoongi moved his body closer toward the boy across him, watching Jungkook intensely, “look at me, Jungkook,” said Yoongi.

Jungkook braced himself to lift his head up.

“Is it,” Yoongi paused, his lazy and tired eyes had turn to a concerned one, “—sexual harassment?” Jungkook couldn’t hide how his eyes widened, he gasped as if he was suddenly punched in the stomach and the air left his lung.

“Jungkook…” Namjoon called so softly, scared that he’d break the panicking boy. Jungkook hadn’t say anything, not agreeing nor denying it but the way he acted upon Yoongi’s question was enough as an answer.

Yoongi inhaled and rested his back on the couch. He had suspected that there was something more to it since the first time he read the case. Unfair payment or overwork weren’t something exactly uncommon in entertainment industry no matter how disturbing it was, everyone knew, all those trainee had been warned beforehand, hearing from their seniors or friends who debuted before them that something like working your ass off while being paid like it was a volunteering work was something that you had to be prepared for. If you don’t like it then you can bury your dream forever. Unfair, but that’s how it works. So Yoongi knew, Jungkook wouldn’t filed a lawsuit against his company for that reason only.

It was an extremely long and tiring process, more often than not the idol who was brave enough to claim their rights had to invest a lot of money and time for the battle with their agency while also risking their job, because most fans, no matter how much they said they love an idol wouldn’t wait for them for so long (hundreds of new idol debuted each year, moving fandom is as easy as changing your twitter username). So most idol thought that it wasn’t even worth it when all they got in the end was just a halfhearted apology and some money as compensation, that is if they win, if not, then it’s the end for them.

Jungkook was different, he had always been. He didn’t like being controlled. He knew the biggest mistake he’d ever done was signing a contract with his former company. No one could really blame him, a 15 years old boy, dreaming of becoming a singer was suddenly offered with a 6 years contract was everything he could ever wish for. He didn’t know that those few papers was going to strangle and torture him for the next three years of his life as an idol or that his CEO was a complete piece of shit who liked touching a minor, who also tried selling them to conglomerates to earn more money. Jungkook was lucky that he was a success product, one out of hundreds who actually made it, so his words actually was heard by his company, but some of his friends didn’t, some of them ended up sold to the conglomerate when the company decided that they’d earn more money on bed rather than on stage. And Jungkook had had enough of that.

“It’s okay Jungkook. You can trust us,” said Seokjin softly, furrowing his brows as he studied Jungkook.

They waited for Jungkook until he was ready to spill everything, Seokjin was about to give up when another minute passed and Jungkook still hadn’t say anything.

“He…he touched me a few times before,” Jungkook started off quietly, his face contorted with disgust as he chewed his lips.

“He molested me, I always refuse and run away, but I was so young back then and there wasn’t much I could do,” Jungkook’s eyes started glistening with tears. At first, he thought the subtle touch on his hands or thighs was just a form of affection from his CEO, but then his hands started wandering off somewhere else. Scared and panicking were the only thing Jungkook managed to do at that time. He pulled away as he stared at his CEO who feigned ignorance, saying that everyone did that. Jungkook was so close at running away back to Busan to his mother’s embrace and forget his dream at that time.

“I always refused and ran away and he stopped his advance after I threatened him that I’ll quit and because at that time I was the best trainee that they had he couldn’t let me go just like that, so he stopped. But it still disgusts me everytime I remember all of that,” Jungkook added, after spilling everything out, his chest getting lighter and tons of weight lifted off his shoulder, he never told anyone this, not even his parents, they shouldn’t know, all they need to be aware of was their son was happy.

“Jungkook we need this for the court, it wasn’t simply about overwork or unfair payment anymore we couldn’t let this issue pass, and we’ll keep the media out of it, right Seokjin?” Yoongi averted his gaze from Jungkook toward Seokjin who answered Yoongi with a firm nod and a soft ‘yeah’.

Jungkook just nodded weakly.

After that, the discussion about the court continued on, Jungkook had calmed down thankfully for how nonchalant Yoongi was about the whole thing and how Namjoon and Seokjin keep looking at him like he was their baby or something like that and it actually was kind of funny for Jungkook, weird, how it was so similar with the way Jimin was looking at him, so much fondness and love.

Yoongi started tidying up all the scattered files across the table and proceeded to leave the room together with Jungkook.

Jungkook called Seokjin back when he was almost out the door.

“Please, don’t tell Jimin,” Jungkook plead, brows furrowing in worry. He hoped that Seokjin would understand that telling Jimin all of this would shatter the image of the perfect idol Jeon Jungkook that Jimin had and he didn’t want that to happen but instead of agreeing, Seokjin raised his brows curiously at him.

“Why?”

“I’m scared, I don’t know how he would take this. Won’t he be disgusted at me?” Jungkook peered behind his locks at Seokjin, he looked like a kid confessing to his mother after breaking the window.

“I’m offended,” Seokjin uncharacteristically said in a bitter tone.

“My little brother won’t be disgusted, he’ll be running and crying to you once he heard about this, I swear,” Seokjin added before turning back to his bubbly demeanor and winked playfully at him.

Jungkook didn’t know how to react.

 

22.

Seokjin told him to stay at Jimin’s place for the time being while he gave him that knowing look. At first Jungkook thought that Seokjin would be that typical cold and strict kind of CEO but turned out, he was wrong. Seokjin was bubbly and kind like a caring next door hyung and even appeared to be an airhead sometimes. Sometimes Jungkook wondered whether there were actually two Seokjins, one that act as the CEO and one that acted as the nice big brother. He could see that Seokjin and Jimin were kind of similar though Jimin was more timid and reserved than Seokjin. Seokjin was oblivious sometimes, well, almost all the time, but when it came to Jimin he was very observant and caring. His way at doing things sometimes weird or too straightforward and for someone timid like Jimin it could be a drag sometimes, all the time. But Seokjin understood Jimin really well, or at least trying to and Jungkook witnessed with his own two eyes that Seokjin’s prediction was right. Jimin was running, eyes red and watery when he finally arrived home.

He knew. Seokjin or Namjoon probably told him and for some weird reason Jungkook was happy, too happy when the shorter was running and wrapped his arms around him.

“They told you?” Jungkook asked, slipping his hands around Jimin’s waist and nuzzling his neck.

Jimin didn’t say anything. He was fighting with himself inside. He didn’t really know what to say to comfort Jungkook so he chose to hug him tighter instead.

“I’m okay,” Jungkook reassured, smiling stupidly like a teenager in love while tightening his hold on Jimin.

Jimin nodded a few times, stroking Jungkook’s hair gently, lovingly, and Jungkook found himself closing his eyes and inhaling deeply on Jimin’s scent, scent that was more comforting than anything.

23.

They laid on the bed, Jungkook rested his head on Jimin’s surprisingly muscled arm as they stared at each other.

“You okay?” Jimin asked as he carded through Jungkook’s hair gently and Jungkook answered with a nod.

Jungkook contemplated for a moment before he decided that it was better to tell Jimin everything himself.

“Jimin,” he called softly first.

“Yeah?” Jimin’s soft mumbling gave him a reassurance and it made him felt secure somehow.

“I- at that time--” Jungkook didn’t get to finish his messy rambling when Jimin placed his lips on Jungkook’s.

“It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re okay now,” Jimin whispered as he pulled Jungkook closer to his chest, kissing the top of the younger’s head and Jungkook didn’t realize since when did he stop shaking and since when did he start focusing on how close he was to Jimin. Jimin smelled nice, and Jimin was so warm, almost hot.

“Let’s sleep.”

24.

Jeon Jungkook caught on a date with a  chaebol , dating or sponsor?

When the news broke out a few days later the whole country was in an uproar, Jimin’s hand trembled when he read the news. He hoped for a second there that it wasn’t him. Seokjin called him to his office soon after, even the older couldn’t hide how the news shocked him as well. He usually didn’t really care about rumors but this time it wasn’t just any rumor, almost a fact if not for the sponsoring accusation.

“What should I do, hyung?” Jimin grumbled in panic.

Seokjin sat beside Jimin as he placed a cup of tea in front of Jimin and motioned him to drink it.

“You need to calm down Jimin,” He rubbed his little brother’s arm slowly as he watched him drinking his tea.

“Does Jungkook know?”

Jimin shook his head, “he’s still sleeping when I left.”

The past days had been overwhelmingly amazing for Jimin, he woke up with Jungkook’s face every morning. Everyday filled with loving kisses that they threw randomly at each other along with cuddles and hugs. He should have seen it coming, there was always the calm before the storm and as far as he knew, his life never went the way he wanted it to be.

“He’s probably known about this already by now, it’s all over the news,” Seokjin tiredly sighed. Namjoon was there too, watching the two brothers as he went through some more news to gather more details regarding it.

“They never mentioned your name but all the hints pointed at you, The ‘P’ Group’s second son,” Namjoon rolled his eyes. The public wasn’t that stupid to not be able to catch such obvious hint.

“This photo was taken during your dinner with Jungkook a few months ago,” Namjoon pointed out the pictures that the news outlet provided. It was taken outside their hotel, Jungkook coming out of his car, followed by Jimin soon after. Another picture was Jungkook coming out of Jimin’s car inside the parking lot of Jimin’s apartment complex just a few days ago and pointing out that they were currently living together.

Just then Seokjin’s office phone was ringing. Seokjin and Namjoon exchanged a troubled look, hoping it wasn’t the person they thought it would be. Namjoon hurriedly stood up from his seat as he picked it up, “Yes…okay…understand.”

Seokjin and Jimin was watching him. Namjoon would usually tell Seokjin right away but he was reluctant this time, his lips pursed into a thin line as he stared at Seokjin.

“What is it?” Seokjin stood up and approached Namjoon, stomach churned in another worry because Namjoon rarely showed such a concerned face.

“The president wants to see Jimin, right now.”

Jimin’s limbs lost its energy. He stumbled back before he regained himself. His father must’ve had read the news already. He wasn’t ready to meet his dad because whatever it was that his father wanted to say it wasn’t going to be good. He hadn’t planned anything with Seokjin and Namjoon yet. He didn’t know what he should say and should not say.

Hyung, what should I do?”

“Jimin, it’s okay. Just tell him the truth, he’ll understand.” Seokjin rubbed his palm on Jimin’s tensed arm gently, giving him an encouraging smile as he nodded slowly.

25.

“Come in,” The rasp and low voice called him from the inside, Jimin clasped his hands together, he bit his bottom lips to mend his nervousness but it didn’t do much help.

The tall and buff man didn’t waste any time, “what happened?” He asked as soon as Jimin stepped inside his office, standing in front of his desk with his head hung low.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cause any trouble,” Jimin rushed his apology, his voice almost cracked, he felt the cold sweat trickling down on his back.

 

“What happened?” Mr. Park repeated, his tone was unchanging even with his son who was on the verge of crying in front of him.

“Jungkook and I, there’s nothing, I mean, we were just having dinner to celebrate my birthday. And…and he’s currently living with me because his former agency keeps on following and harassing him, that’s it, Dad-- Sir.”

Jimin never went inside his father’s office before, he had dreamed about that but never had the chance. Though he never dreamed that the first time he entered his father’s working space was because of the scandal he created and how he didn’t have any courage to lift his head and looked through the room he supposed would be much bigger than Seokjin’s office.

“You sure that’s it?” Mr. Park argued, and Jimin knew, he checked on them already, there was no use in hiding the truth.

“I…I love him,” Jimin finally said it, his head hanging even lower than the first time he entered the room, the words finally escaped his mouth, the words he hadn’t able to tell Jungkook yet.

“Are you in a relationship with him?”

“Yeah, but not officially yet.”

“That’s why people think that you’re sponsoring him,” the president stated, his tone slightly higher, he wasn’t yelling but it still caused Jimin to jump slightly from where he stood.

“But, I’m not—“ Jimin replied, he just wanted his dad to know that he didn’t mean any of this to happen, he didn’t mean to make his company’s name to be mentioned everywhere all over the country for sponsoring scandal because of him. He wanted his father to know that he loved this company as much as his dad or Seokjin.

“Do you think they want the truth?” Mr. Park chuckled bitterly as he looked up at his son.

“They only want scandal Jimin,” he added.

“What do you think they’ll do once they realized that you’re the same person who followed Jungkook everywhere? Do you think I didn’t know that this Jungkook is that idol?” Mr. Park snarled and his voice turned higher.

Jimin was in a fit of panic, his blood boiled and cold sweat trickling his whole body as he kept on clenching and unclenching his hands.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin muttered slowly, it took everything to hold his tears in. He didn’t want to cry in front of his father. He didn’t want to appear weak, more than he already was.

“I’m not going to clean after your mess. But you need to understand that you can’t be selfish, Jimin.” He cleared his throat as Jimin’s body stiffened.

“If you want to be with Jungkook, he has to quit.” As much as Jimin already expecting something along that line it still struck him. He knew, either one of them had to sacrifice something, very typical, almost like a spoiler for him. But nonetheless it broke his heart still.

“Why?” He knew exactly why, he wasn’t that stupid but he still asked out of desperation.

“You know why,” he replied.

And Jimin did know, he just wished he didn’t. If Jungkook continued to be an idol with his relationship with him people would continue looking at him as a sponsored idol. They’d never going to look at both of them as two people in a normal relationship. They’d mention it everywhere he went, they’d put Jimin’s name on every article and every interview he did. And if he stopped and chose Jimin over his career? No, Jungkook wouldn’t want that. For someone who had trained for years, debuting under a company with such poor management and a corrupt CEO, who worked hard and finally able to secure his spot with such a harsh competition, letting go of all of that would be hard for him. After all, Jimin knew how much Jungkook loved his job. He couldn’t take that away from Jungkook.

Jimin didn’t say anything to his father, and his father knew that deep down Jimin understood everything without him verbally stating it.

“You may leave,” Mr. Park turned his attention back to the document lying on his desk, probably a billion worth of contract that was definitely way more important than Jimin.

It wasn’t the fact that he was being manipulated by his father that made Jimin’s blood boil, it was the fact that even though he knew he was being played there was nothing he could do.

Jimin dragged his feet outside. Thousands of scenarios ran through his mind. If people find out about him being Jungkook’s fansite owner before, this thing would blow up more than it already was. People would call him obsessive rich bastard. They would probably start digging everything related to him. And Jungkook, he couldn’t let them hurt Jungkook.

He knew how the fandom works after all. He had been there and saw how someone as innocent as Sandara could turn into a scary protective fan when someone dared to mess with Jungkook. Though Jimin considered the other fansite owners as his friend, he knew he wouldn’t be able to escape their wrath if they found out about it and Jimin was sure that they were going to, sooner or later. He never regretted his decision to be Jungkook’s fansite as much as he did at the moment. After all, that thing called fansite that used to boost his pride so much was the root problem of it all.

He should have stayed being the Park Group’s second son. He should never leave his ‘castle’. So then maybe he could meet Jungkook there on one of the company’s meeting. He would definitely fall in love with him. He could invite him to dinner and dated him after.

 

25.

“What happened?” Seokjin asked as soon as Jimin entered his room.

Jimin shook his head weakly, there was a trace of dried up tears on his cheeks, he cried along his way back to Seokjin’s office, ignoring the judging look everyone else gave him.

“It’s either Jungkook quit his job or we broke up,” Jimin chuckled bitterly as he walked pass Seokjin and Namjoon who were looking at him sadly.

“Jimin it’s okay, I’ll talk to him,” Seokjin patted on his little brother’s shoulder a few times.

“I don’t think that’ll work hyung, it’s not like he’s wrong,” Jimin smiled sadly, his brows knitted together in both anger and sadness.

“It’s okay, I understand, let’s talk first.” Seokjin draped his arm on Jimin’s shoulder but then the younger shoved Seokjin’s arm off him before he glared at him.

“What do you understand?” Jimin asked brows knitted even more and looked so broken.

Namjoon had to rush over toward them, just as surprised as Seokjin from Jimin sudden outburst.

“Jimin…” Seokjin tried to approach Jimin again, but the younger backed away.

Hyung you have everything. Everyone loves you, do you know how much they compare me to you? How do you understand?” The tears that had dried up was replaced by a fresh one.

Before Seokjin or Namjoon were able to say anything Jimin had already rushed outside and slammed the door, leaving the stunned Seokjin.

When Seokjin stood still on his place Namjoon was the one who chased after Jimin instead, he knew he couldn’t let this problem neglected for too long, Jimin had always misunderstood Seokjin and Namjoon couldn't handle Jimin’s act toward his boss anymore, even if he adored Jimin like his own brother.

“Jimin!” Namjoon called as he grabbed Jimin’s arm and forced the smaller guy to turn toward him.

“What?!” Jimin snapped, giving Namjoon the same irritated look he just gave Seokjin.

“We need to talk,” Namjoon said more calmly this time.

“I’m not in the mood hyung,” Jimin sighed in annoyance, his crying had stopped but he was in no way less angry than before.

“I’m not gonna wait until you’re in the mood.” Namjoon gripped Jimin’s arm tighter to make his point.

“I’m your boss,” Jimin said and Namjoon had to admit he was hesitating for a split second there before Seokjin pained face flashed through his mind again.

“Seokjin is my boss,” Namjoon replied calmly.

Jimin’s heart stung hearing that. Regardless of Namjoon being sincere about it or not it still left a bitter taste in his heart. Namjoon took the chance of Jimin’s weakened state to drag him inside one of the empty smoking area.

“Jimin… you need to listen,” Namjoon started as soon as he made sure that there was no one to eavesdrop on them.

“Seokjin, he understands, more than you think.” Namjoon took Jimin’s silence as his cue to continue.

“He’d been there before,” Namjoon finally removed his grip from Jimin’s arm after he was sure that the younger wouldn’t run away.

“I shouldn’t tell you this but I can’t let you two keep having this misunderstanding and I know Seokjin won’t defend himself. He loves you too much,” Namjoon said and somehow uncharacteristic because of how his words were rushed.

“What do you mean?” Jimin asked softly finally releasing a bit of his boiling anger.

Namjoon sighed as he scratched the back of his neck nervously, Jimin was convinced that it was totally unlike him.

“Seokjin and I, we kind of loved each other.”

And Jimin fell completely silent, it took him a while to process it. He never once thought that his brother and Namjoon had that kind of relationship, he knew that they were best friends for a long time, but not to the point that they actually loved each other. Thousands of questions ran through Jimin’s mind at that time, but he only managed to let out one.

 

“What?”

Namjoon turned his gaze away from Jimin he walked a few steps until he was in front of the window, watching the traffic on the busy street of Seoul beneath him, sighing heavily.

“You know I’ve known him for almost 10 years already, right?” It was rhetorical as Namjoon didn’t wait for Jimin’s answer before he continued, “we were young and we kind of fell in love. But we knew we couldn’t last, considering my status and moreover, his status. You should know the president is not the type to do arranged marriage, not at all, in fact he wants his sons to marry someone they love, but for Seokjin there’s this one rule. It could be anyone as long as it’s a girl. And out of all the things, I was born as a man.”

Jimin could sense a tang of bitterness and sadness inside Namjoon’s words. He wanted to move but for some reason he couldn’t bring his feet toward Namjoon.

“Why?”

“Seokjin often calls me in the middle of the night, just to revise the contract, the business plan, just to make sure that it was perfect because one small mistake can cause your entire family thrown to the street Jimin. The reason I’m saying all of this to you is because I want you to appreciate your family more, I’ve known them for years already so I can say that they aren’t such a bad people Jimin. It’s just the situation, the circumstances that forces them to act like what outsider would say as cold or arrogant even inhumane but it’s a part of self-defense to protect what’s precious to them. Because it’s not just about a family Jimin, it’s not about me and Seokjin or you and Jungkook. You bear the Park’s name, the name that holds the life of hundreds thousands workers. You can’t make something as measly as love ruins the life of others Jimin.”

Jimin stood still, digesting each and every word Namjoon said to him, he was a genius for a reason, his words were precise, there was still a trace of sadness and frustration in it but Namjoon worded everything in a manner that made Jimin finally understand about his family more than he ever allowed himself to, that it made Jimin think that probably he hadn’t really look at his family from every possible angle all this time and proceed to believe what he wanted to believe that his family was just a bunch of lucky rich people who stepped on someone else’s life and control it however they pleases.

 

“But, why it should be a girl?”

It took a moment for Namjoon to give Jimin an answer.

“An heir,” Namjoon said weakly.

 

Just a word and Jimin understood everything then. Of course, an heir was a must, no matter how ignorant and how little knowledge Jimin had on business he at least knew that they needed an heir to continue the family business. You couldn’t just point someone outside the family, you couldn’t trust anyone in this world, except family, even family sometimes do betrays, but there was no better option, because blood is thicker than water after all.

“But, the president knew about us, he let Seokjin chose. He could just date me, there’s you after all. You could be the one to marry a girl and have kids instead of Seokjin but what if you fall in love with a man too. You were still a kid at that time and Seokjin couldn’t sacrifice his little brother who didn’t even know about love for his own selfishness. He chose you over me, Jimin, over himself.”

There was silence before everything finally hit Jimin.

“I, I didn’t know,” Jimin moved his feet mindlessly and walked closer until he stood beside Namjoon, the older gave him a smile though his eyes were telling otherwise.

“I never want to tell you all of this, I promised Seokjin but I just can’t let you keep hating him. He loves you. I want you to know how amazing of a brother you have there.” Namjoon gave Jimin a pat on his back, though Jimin was sure that the one who needed a pat on the back right now wasn’t him.

“You should know that everything your family do is for your sake. The president, he’s trying to protect his family and another thousands family that has their life rope hanging on this company.” Jimin finally nodded in agreement, weakly, but agreed nonetheless.

“I’m sure, if Jungkook just an ordinary kindman he would have welcomed you both with open arms. He gave you an option right? Just like how he did with me and Seokjin back then. It’s your choice, Jimin. Be wise, think about the consequences, think about your family, about what’s best for Jungkook before you make your decision.”

26.

“Hi, Dara nuna!” Jungkook beamed as Dara stood on her knees across Jungkook. She handed him a gift inside a red paper bag usually just some snacks that Jungkook liked. Jungkook peeked at it and smiled toward her before thanking her.

As Jungkook signed the album hurriedly, Dara caught his hesitant eyes stealing glances at her, the idol seemed reluctant to say what was bothering him, “what is it Jungkook?”

Jungkook’s fingers froze, then he started tapping on the opened album in front of him before he looked up toward Dara.

“You know, that guy, the fan boy, the short one with dark brown hair,” Jungkook asked half whispered, it wasn’t exactly a conversation he wanted other fans to hear in case they misuderstand. It was kind of weird to say that by himself, addressing the guy as his fan boy somehow made him giddy and nervous.

“Aah, Jimin.” She clapped her hands in understanding once it clicked inside her mind.

“Oh, right, Jimin. Why did he never come?” Jungkook asked again, he avoided Dara’s amusing stare as he lowered his head back toward his album, pretending to answer the question Dara gave him on the small pink post-it that was stuck onto his album.

“He’s very shy, we asked him a few times but he always refused,” she explained in a rather dejected tone but she lightly chuckled soon after.

Jungkook was about to say something but one of the staff behind him already signaling him that the time was up. Dara sighed in disappointment. She noted next time she would tease Jungkook more about it.

“Bye Jungkook,”

“Bye nuna.”

27.

Dara smiled widely as she sat back on his seat and read what Jungkook wrote on the pink post-it,

‘Do you prefer to act in romance or action movie?’

Action

 

‘Can you tell Jimin to come next time?’

28.

Jungkook swore he could never get used to this.

Jungkook used to be the groomed one, branded clothes, dusted with make-up, hair neatly styled while Jimin watched him in admiration from afar. But these days, it was the other way around, while Jungkook only wore Jimin’s grey sweat pants that dangling above his ankle a bit (because it was too short for him) along with a plain black tee, Jimin was clad perfectly in a dark blue suit, hair pulled up to show his forehead and his gracefully trimmed eyebrows, his full lips glisten, smudged with some lip butter, and his face glowed even more than usual. Jungkook swore Jimin could pass off as an actor or idol with how he looked.

Jungkook hadn’t had many chances to study Jimin in his working mode like this before. He was usually still sleeping when Jimin was off to work and only arrived back when he already fell asleep, but today when Jimin arrived earlier than usual, soon after he stepped inside his currently shared apartment with Jungkook, Jungkook couldn’t tear his gaze away, bewitched, Jungkook wouldn’t even mind using that word.

Jungkook still couldn’t comprehend how Jimin was so insecure about himself, because he guaranteed, with a face and a body like he had, Jimin could be as conceited as he wanted. He saw those type of people often, cocky, arrogant, looking down on people while they weren’t even half as good looking or as rich as Jimin. It wasn’t like Jungkook wanted Jimin to become some typical conglomerate assholes. He just wanted the older to have more confidence, to value himself more, because he sure deserved more than he thought he worth.

But the expression plastered on the older’s face snapped Jungkook out of his trance. Though Jimin looked unbelievably mesmerizing, though his clothes and hair looked neat, his face looked otherwise. There was a clear evident that he was crying before, as he came closer Jungkook could see how the eyeliner was slightly smudged on the side, his eyes slightly red and swollen. His steps toward Jungkook were dragging and slow and as soon as he was in a hug-range to Jungkook he wrapped his arms around his waist. Jimin buried his face in the crook between Jungkook’s neck and shoulder, inhaling and exhaling the air along with Jungkook’s comforting scent.

“Welcome home,” Jungkook ran his hands through Jimin’s back, giving it a few gentle stokes as he nosed on Jimin’s hair.

“I’m home.”

“What happened?”

Jungkook couldn’t see but he could feel how Jimin shook his head slowly while humming something like, ‘nothing’ so softly, he knew, there was something. Jimin was never good at lying.

“You sure?” Jungkook repeated, he rested his chin on top of Jimin’s head, waiting for a response, but again he just shook his head, repeating another soft whisper of ‘nothing’ on Jungkook’s neck.

 Jungkook decided not to pry too much, Jimin would tell him when he’s ready.

“Did you eat?” Jungkook pulled Jimin away from him, staring down at the dark brown orbs deeply with worry plastered all over his face.

“Yeah,” Jimin said, burying his face right away back to Jungkook’s chest.

“Let’s sleep.”

 

29.

Jungkook woke up with the familiar shuttering sounds. When he finally opened his eyes, he met the black lens that stared right back at him. He needed a few moment before it dawned on him that it was Jimin with his camera, taking pictures of his morning self. Jungkook couldn’t find any reason, as to why, Jimin suddenly picked up his camera that had been a mere decoration on his bedside table for the past months again.

“What are you doing?” Jungkook asked, rubbing his eyes with his knuckles sleepily.

“Taking pictures,” Jimin said, his short index fingers pressing the button expertly like remembering its own rhythm.

“I know… but why?” Jungkook groaned in a bit of annoyance.

And where’s my morning kiss?’ Jungkook whined inside.

“Just want to,” he said hurriedly, flatly, not wanting any distraction even from the object himself.

To be honest, Jimin missed this. He missed having a camera in his hand, he missed the shuttering sound that came out of it, and he missed how good Jungkook looked inside his lens, not like he looked any less out of it.

Jungkook lifted himself up with his elbow, he tilted his head slightly to the side and Jimin made sure that was captured inside his camera.

“I must look ugly now,” Jungkook pouted slightly before he moved closer to the camera.

“You always looks perfect, Jungkook,” Jimin said blatantly, not really paying attention to his own words since he was too preoccupied with his camera but Jungkook heard it loud and clear. Jimin never said that right in front of his face. Jimin rarely expressed how he felt, as much as he knew that Jimin was his fanboy he never heard the male compliment him directly like that.

Jungkook ducked his head down to hide the blush spreading on his cheeks. But Jimin was too engrossed on taking his pictures to notice any of that.

“Come here,” Jungkook pulled Jimin closer by his wrist, slightly forcing the unwilling moving boy to sit beside him. He took the camera from Jimin’s hand as the later just questioningly watched him.

He turned off the camera as he placed it back to its place, and watched Jimin looking at him in slight bewilderment, Jungkook thought it was cute.

He laid back down on the soft sheet as he pulled Jimin onto his lap and rested both of his hands on the older’s pair of thighs.

“Jungkook…” Jimin whined as he tried to get away and took his camera once again but the younger’s grip on him was too strong that Jimin decided to give up soon after rather than wasting his limited energy. He was smart enough to konw his own capability and winning a physical fight over Jungkook was practically impossible for him.

“What?” Jimin asked again, he hesitantly placed his hands on Jungkook’s chest, feeling it raised and fell under his palms.

Jungkook moved his hands toward Jimin’s side then upward toward his shoulder blades, then he pulled him down until they were chest to chest and nose to nose.

Jungkook dug inside those pretty pair of eyes, searching for anything or merely just looking at how mesmerizing those eyes were.   

Jimin snuggled up close out of embarrassment, he buried himself on Jungkook’s neck, lips tickling softly against it and Jungkook had to inhale deeply to keep his composure.

“I haven’t got my morning kiss yet,” Jungkook mumbled softly as his fingers carded through Jimin’s hair gently.

“Morning breath,” he murmured, Jungkook was sure he did it purposely, this sly guy had been testing Jungkook’s self-restrain for the past few days.

“You never stink Jimin,” Jungkook snorted as he cupped his face on his palms, completely burying it under his big rough palms.

“No, not me, I brushed my teeth,” Jungkook’s mouth gapped at that. Jimin surely could be nasty once he wanted to, Jungkook didn’t really mind. But Jungkook surely wasn’t prepared to what was coming next, he was laughing. Jimin’s laugh had that tinkling and sunny feeling to it like it lighted up the whole room from the sound of it.

“You’re the first person in Republic Korea who said Jeon Jungkook’s breathe stink,” Jungkook’s words held no bite to it instead he was laughing with him.

“I didn’t say that,” Jimin pulled himself up and smirked toward the younger, cocking his head to the side, challenging the younger.

“Jimin you—“ Jungkook didn’t mind that his words got cut off, not at all, after all it was Jimin’s lips that stopped himself from rambling more.

Jimin pressed their bodies closer while Jungkook pulled him down, hugging his back tightly while Jimin stroked his cheek gently contradicting his lips that moved hastily on the younger’s. He had gotten better at it, Jungkook couldn’t be more proud that he made Jimin to be such a good kisser. Filming all those sappy romance dramas turned out to be helpful for someone with zero relationship history like him.

Jungkook opened his eyes widely when Jimin unconsciously let out a light whimper as he grinded down on him. They had never went further than kissing and Jungkook wasn’t really good at reading between lines. He wasn’t sure whether Jimin did that on purpose or whether he was completely oblivious to what he was currently doing with his hips, whether he should return it or whether he should be a gentleman he is and stopped it before they went too far.

First and second night sleeping beside Jimin were fine for Jungkook, but he had to admit after that was pretty much a torture. He buried the growing desire deep inside him. He didn’t want to appear like some hormonal sexually frustrated man in front of Jimin.

“Jimin…” Jungkook called softly between the kisses. Jimin dived back down soon after, kissing him even more eagerly. Jungkook forgot all about stopping him. He didn’t have that much resolute to begin with. He kissed Jimin back as he rolled them over, now hovering above Jimin. Jimin was panting harshly beneath him, his arms dangling on Jungkook’s neck. Their lips met again and Jungkook slipped his tongue inside as soon as Jimin opened his mouth. Jimin tugged on his hair slightly, squirming under Jungkook in need. But then Jungkook rational mind reminded him once again to make sure that Jimin really wanted this just as much as Jungkook. 

“Jimin, do you, do you want this?” Jungkook asked while trying to steady his breath. He gazed deeply at the man beneath him.

Jimin was just staring back blankly at first, inhaling and exhaling through his mouth with his lips swollen and wet from the kiss.

“I want to do more, more than this, Jimin,” Jungkook said almost desperately, he wanted to keep going and kiss Jimin silly, touching him until Jimin forgot his own name and only remembered Jungkook’s.

Jimin needed a moment until it sunk down on him, “oh,” he muttered softly in understanding.

Jungkook watched him carefully, studying him as he brushed a few strand of hair away from Jimin’s forehead. The later only bit his lips, drowning in his own mind and Jungkook was starting to regret asking him.

“Later,” said Jimin softly while looking up guiltily at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded weakly, disappointed but didn’t really mad, he knew Jimin was scared. He’d wait, they had plenty of time, no need to rush, Jungkook thought.

“Sorry,” Jimin hugged Jungkook, his voice muffled under Jungkook’s shoulder.

Jungkook felt how all the rush, the lust, and excitement he felt just a moment ago evaporated into thin air with Jimin’s answer.

Jimin knew Jungkook was probably disappointed of his rejection. But Jimin couldn’t do it, not when he knew they were going to end anyway. He wanted to spare the younger more pain and regret.

“It’s okay,” Jungkook tightened his hug on the smaller figure under him. Jungkook felt the soft sniffle and soon his shoulder was damp with Jimin’s tears.

  

30.

“You still haven’t made your decision yet?”

Namjoon waited as he sat beside the younger on the bench at their company’s rooftop, he invited the older during lunch break to talk. It wasn’t exactly that easy because Seokjin whined as soon as Jimin showed up at his office to kidnap Namjoon.

Jimin shook his head, he made his decision, after contemplating, after giving up on his sleep as he watched the younger slept peacefully beside him. It wasn’t about what he was going to say to Jungkook, the answer was already obvious since day first. It was never a problem, what made him worried was how to convey it. Making the younger understand that he had to do this, making it less painful for Jungkook. Jimin himself only fully understood his position, his family not long ago, thanks to Namjoon. But Jimin wasn’t Namjoon, Jimin wasn’t as smart, and he was never good at talking about feelings and circumstances. Trembling and fidgeting was still something Jimin did each time he had to do presentation in front of the higher-ups.

He tried, he had wanted to tell the boy since yesterday, but as soon as he met Jungkook big pretty eyes, he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t for once, making those shiny eyes darkened and lost its sparks.

“I want Jungkook to be happy,” Jimin let out a weak laugh.

Jimin took another sip, hoping the caffeine in his coffee could help him clear his mind a bit, it was no use, he had drank countless cups of coffee to keep himself wide awake, to reassure himself that having Jungkook in his arms was real and he wasn’t crazy, not yet.

“I know, I’m sorry,” Namjoon looked at the young man beside him, Jimin was still so young, Namjoon was around his age too when he had to break up with Seokjin, it wasn’t easy for him, so he knew that it wouldn’t be easy for Jimin too.

“There’s nothing much I can do, sorry Jimin, you can talk to me whenever you want, though you need to fight that grumpy CEO each time,” Namjoon tried cracking a joke, he smiled as Jimin lightly laughed at that.

“He’s really whinny,” Jimin added.

“Yeah, I know,” Jimin witnessed how Namjoon smiled widely, showing his dimples and how a faint blush grew on his cheeks, he couldn’t hide it. Namjoon had told him he got over Seokjin, as well as Seokjin had gotten over him. But it seemed like it wasn’t the case at all, there was love, still. Jimin would look himself in the mirror and think about Jungkook and he bet he would look exactly like how Namjoon looked right now. Love-struck

 

31.

Jungkook never waited for Jimin to arrive home because Jimin would scold him if he did, saying that he had to rest as much as he could. Jungkook just couldn’t say no to those puppy eyes and pouty lips. But today he waited, Jimin always went home late at night, sometimes past midnight, sometimes even almost morning that he only had 3 hours to sleep, but Jungkook waited for him, not like he could sleep anyway. Jungkook checked on the pictures inside Jimin’s camera, all of them were his pictures, Jimin was really good at taking it. But they didn’t have any picture together. Jungkook wanted one, he’d ask Jimin to take it later.

The clicking sound of the door lock broke the silence, Jungkook ran out of the bedroom to welcome Jimin. The older watched in bewilderment for a second when he saw Jungkook rushed toward him but soon smiled widely at him.

“You’re not sleeping yet,” Jimin tip toed as he placed a gentle kiss on the idol’s lips, he usually did it when Jungkook was sleeping, though sometimes Jungkook was only pretending to be asleep.

Jungkook shook his head, he slowly moved his hands toward Jimin’s jacket, plopping the button one by one slowly. He then moved to loosened up Jimin’s navy blue tie, pulling it out then plopping the first two buttons of his dress shirt.

“Tired?”

“Not anymore,” Jimin pulled him for a hug then pulled away seconds later. 

 “Jungkook.”

“Yeah?”

“We need to talk,” Jimin wrapped Jungkook’s wrist with his small hand and dragged him toward their bedroom.

“What happened?” Jungkook asked as soon as they settled on the bed, facing each other with legs crossed and knees touching.

Jimin let out a long sigh before he started, “you need to move out,” he looked Jungkook right in the eye, watching how the younger’s face turned from curious to completely taken aback.

“Why?”

“Did you see the news?”

Jungkook nodded weakly, he knew about their scandal, he honestly wasn’t that worried about it, it wasn’t the first time it happened anyway.

Jungkook rationalize, he just needed to move out, probably living together with a man was too much of a scandal, not like he cared but if it was troubling Jimin then he’d do as the older told him.

“Okay I’ll move out if that’s what you want, I’ll move near here so we can meet—,“ Jungkook stopped when Jimin tear his gaze away from Jungkook and shook his head a few times, the small hands that gripped onto him were trembling.

“It’s not like that, we need to stop,” Jimin said softly.

“What? Stop what?” Jungkook started to sound upset, “Jimin look at me,” he demanded, his grip on Jimin’s hands tightened.

Jimin lifted his head up to look at Jungkook, his eyes was red and there was tears threatening to fall on the edge of his eyes.

Jimin had rehearsed what he wanted to say thousands times before, thinking about each and every words so carefully so that he wouldn’t hurt Jungkook, wishing that Jungkook would understand so that they would have a clean end at the very least. But as he looked at Jungkook’s eyes, staring down at him anxiously, his mind went blank, all the words he planned to say were gone from inside his mind. He was stumbling with his words instead, and how could he explain more to Jungkook when with just a few sentences said already made the younger flipped in worry and sadness.

“I’m sorry,” a roll of tears dripped from his eyes down to his cheeks as soon as he managed to form the words.

Jungkook just stared at him as he waited for Jimin to explain more.

“You know, the only responsibility my dad ever trusted me with was to stay out of trouble, stay out of the spotlight. I tried Jungkook, I swear I tried my best. I stayed behind my brother’s shadow as much as I could. But then you came,” Jimin wiped another tears that escaped before Jungkook pulled him closer and wrapped his arms around him.

“You came like that and I just…,”

The petite one shivered between Jungkook’s arms, he squeaked in his cry. He gripped so tightly on Jungkook’s arms that the later felt how much it broke Jimin, how even though Jungkook felt like he was the one who supposed to cry but Jimin was the one who was hurting more.

“It’s okay we’ll go through it together, it’s fine Jimin, don’t worry too much,” Jungkook said more to himself.

Jimin shook his head, fiddling with Jungkook’s shirt between his small fingers while trying to suppressed his cry.

“It’s not that easy, this doesn’t work that way Jungkook.”

“Why?” Jungkook whispered in grimace.

“It’s-it’s not as simple, the company’s name was dragged, the stock fell, the longer it last the more loss we’ll have to endure,  those-those single digit means billions Jungkook,“ Jimin paused to gather himself, he was starting to stutter, it wasn’t on the plan, his mind clouded and he couldn’t find all those sentences he had rehearsed before, “I can’t take that from them, I can’t be selfish Jungkook, that’s why, please…”

Jimin lost for words, he stopped himself before he started blabbering about anything else. He ruined it. He didn’t want Jungkook to think he was comparing him to those stocks. He hoped he would nonchalantly said that Jungkook was more important that those billions, he really did, but that wouldn’t be the truth. He had no right to take that from the people who worked for his company solely for love that hadn’t even last a week. It wasn’t his place to begin with.

“No other choice? No other way?” Jungkook blurted out, sounding so dejected but trying to keep calm.

Jimin shook his head again, darting his eyes down between their legs.

“There is, right?”

Jimin kept his silence but Jungkook lifted his chin up, forcing him slightly to look back at him.

“What is it?” he asked, in contrary to his firm tone, Jimin found the wavering inside the idol’s gaze.

“You need to quit,” Jimin bit his lips, “it’s-it’s stupid, I know,” Jimin chuckled bitterly.

“I’ll quit,” Jimin hadn’t even closed his mouth when Jungkook blurted that out.

“What??” Jimin raised his voice in shock.

“I said, I’ll qui—“

“No!”

“Jimin,” Jungkook tried again, caressing Jimin’s arms gently to comfort him.

“You can’t, I won’t allow you,” Jimin shook his furiously in panic, “don’t, really Jungkook, don’t do that for me.” 

Jungkook could see the distress wrapped around the older, he thought Jimin would be happy that he wanted to stay with him but his body was shaking even more than before instead.

“Why…” he asked weakly, “I want to be with you.”

“A week Jungkook,” Jimin muttered, “it’s only been a week since-since we started w-whatever it is called, a week is nothing compared to your career, you’ve been striving it your whole life.”

“You can’t expect me to take that from you, keeping you beside me and pretend nothing ever happened, I can’t do that,” stream of tears rolled down uncontrollably on Jimin’s cheeks, he wiped it, but soon replaced by another.

Jungkook was ready to convince Jimin more, to let him know that he really wanted to stay with him but Jimin stopped him as he gripped Jungkook’s arm tightly, silently begging him to stop.

“Jungkook,” Jimin called as he cupped his cheeks between his wet fingers, “look at me and said that again if you really mean it.”

And Jungkook tried the third time to say that he would quit for Jimin, he would do anything for Jimin, he wanted to remain unfazed, to stand firmly on his decision, but his mind decided something else. Jungkook cursed himself for keeping the silent. All the struggle he went through those years, all tears, sweat, even blood he sacrificed to be able to stand on stage flashed through his mind. The sparkling lights, the deafening screams, and the shutter sounds. The contentment he felt after achieving his goal, the gratifying feelings that filled his chest each time he stared at all the trophies he got.

His heart clenched, a feelings of regret and fear surge through him, he love Jimin, he sure did, he would say it thousand times to him, but their love was still so young, so new that there was no guarantee that he wouldn’t regret his decision later, and if he did, the one who would be hurting the most is Jimin.

Jungkook averted his gaze from Jimin. He gritted his teeth, hating himself for being weak. He rested his head on Jimin’s shoulder, holding him close as he muttered his apology over and over again, “I’m sorry, Jimin, I’m a fucking loser, I’m sorry.”

Jungkook cried on his shoulder. Jimin could hear and feel it as his trembling hand went up to stroke the younger’s back slowly and gently. His other hand carded through his hair softly, “you’re the coolest man on earth,” he chuckled as he gave Jungkook’s neck a little peck.

Jungkook lifted his head slightly, just enough to rest his forehead on Jimin’s. He smiled sadly at him, so much emotion flooding those big round eyes, so much sadness and regret but so much love too.

 

“I’m sorry…”

“No don’t say that, I know how much you love your job. I know,” probably no one would know better than Jimin.

Jungkook buried his face once more on the crook between Jimin’s neck and shoulder, “I love you,” he murmured sincerely.

Jimin would be lying if he said his heart didn’t waver, if he suddenly didn’t want to beg Jungkook to stay beside him. He tried holding himself back not to cry, not to make this harder when the younger finally made his decision but he couldn’t control it when he heard those three words coming out of Jungkook’s mouth, a whisper he had wished he could hear sooner.

Jungkook kissed his neck, feeling how tense Jimin was, how he was shaking in his sobs. He wrapped him in his arms tighter, he repeated, “I love you, Jimin.”

“I love you, don’t cry,” Jungkook pulled away, taking Jimin’s face between his palms, he licked clean the non-stop stream of tears on Jimin’s cheeks.

Jungkook kissed his forehead, lingering on it before he moved away and looked at Jimin.

Jimin smiled between his cry and softly mumbled a ‘thank you’ to the idol. He wanted to reciprocate to him, to answer Jungkook’s love confession. But he refrained himself from doing so, not wanting Jungkook to linger on his words too much when later they had to part ways.   

They stayed like that for a moment and when he finally pulled away he looked at Jimin, those round big eyes staring deeply at him, full of yearning and determination.

“Do me a favor,” said Jungkook.

Jimin stared back at him, somehow tightening his grip on Jungkook’s hips.

“Close your eyes and forget everything,” Jungkook whispered so softly and Jimin almost missed the trembling inside his voice.

 “I’ll do everything you want me to, just say it,” Jungkook bit his lips.

Jungkook bare his self to Jimin, showing his feelings and how much he wanted Jimin to do the same, taking the initiative first because he knew Jimin would never bring the talk ever. For Jungkook, Jimin was too careful, too responsible. Jungkook wasn’t exactly a rebel himself. But Jimin was on a whole different level, Jimin calculate everything, simulating it inside his mind before carefully taking steps and if he thought that it was a bad idea he’d backed off right away. He grew up thinking that he must always think about all the consequences of his action, that he shouldn’t think just about himself. It wasn’t bad, rather admirable, being responsible that is. He liked how matured and how composed Jimin was. But he wanted Jimin to know that sometimes worrying about yourself first before anything else is natural. Jungkook wonder how was the younger Jimin like. Did he ever skip his class? Did he ever forget to do his homework or not doing it on purpose? Did he even ever make fun of the teacher behind their back? Did he, ever? No, probably never.

The most rebellious Jimin ever did was when he left home (it wasn’t even running away, he got his parents’ consent before he left) and opened up his own Jungkook’s fansite (also with his parents’ subtle consent). But at time like this, when Jimin looked so vulnerable, so broken because he had to let go of Jungkook, because again he had responsibilities that he couldn’t neglect that Jungkook wanted to show Jimin how he could be selfish. He wanted Jimin to be selfish for once, thinking only about himself just once before he perished away in worrying about everyone else rather than himself. Human can be selfish, human was made to be that way.

“Jungkook, we can’t—“

“Please, just for tonight, be selfish for once Jimin,” Jungkook said pleadingly, seeing those dark brown orbs staring at him, furrowing his brows in another worry, again, worrying over hurting Jungkook though he probably was hurting more.

“Jimin…please,” called Jungkook, kissing his forehead as he brought Jimin down until his back touched the soft bed sheet.

Jungkook rested his forehead on Jimin’s, peering at him behind his fringe, nodding slowly to ensure Jimin that he wanted this and he knew that Jimin wanted it too.

Jimin slowly moved his hands from Jungkook’s bicep up toward his shoulder before he tangled his arms around Jungkook’s neck, he nodded and pecked Jungkook’s lips once, twice, thrice, then he paused.

“I want you, Jungkook, I want you, I reall—“

 

Jimin had never looked at Jungkook like he was at the moment. He adored the boy but never had once he looked at him like a man looking at someone he loves romantically. He liked how Jungkook’s voice sounded, how he danced gracefully, how he acted so naturally, how he smiled cheekily like a little kid. Jimin swore he would stand at the front row to support Jungkook if one day, the Dispatch caught him dating some girl and Jungkook had to come out with his relationship. He never looked at Jungkook like he did now, how Jungkook was hovering above him, separating him with his jacket hurriedly, unbuttoning his dress shirt one by one, watching him hungrily with his usual innocent eyes that changed in hunger, darkly, unlike the celebrity Jungkook he had idolized.

Jungkook licked his chapped lips, watching Jimin writhed beneath him, begging for Jungkook to touch him in a place he had never dared to even think before. He lost all the sanity he had tried so bad to keep. He wanted to destroy Jimin, to wreck him, and to make sure that he was thoroughly pleased that all he could remember was to chant his name under his breath. Jungkook needed to claim him even just for tonight. He would store these memories with Jimin deep inside the back of his mind to remind him that Jimin was his, even for a very short moment.

Jimin looked beautiful, he always had, but the Jimin right now was beyond the word mesmerizing, beyond beautiful and stunning if there was even any word for that.

Jimin was looking at him expectantly, his breathing was harsh and he would let out a needy moan each time Jungkook’s fingertips brushed against his skin.

It burned Jimin, the way Jungkook gazed at him deeply cautiously like he was a piece of art. Jungkook was a work of art himself, his built was perfect, muscled, sturdy. His pale skin glisten from sweat and shined under the light.

Jungkook was touching him so carefully, afraid of breaking the frail figure, his fingertips ran through his body inch by inch, and Jimin was losing all his logic, all the self-perseverance he had, all the worried, all the uncertainty, funny that he only was so sure about his feelings when it was about to end.    

It was something that both Jungkook and Jimin had never done before. Jungkook himself never really had the urge to. He was still a healthy 20 years old, but having a partner had never really crossed his mind. He touched himself only when he really needed to or when he was sleep deprived, it was a very effective way to get some good sleep. For Jungkook, pleasuring himself was always out of need, not because he craved it.

However, Jimin was different. He always managed to pull out something inside of Jungkook that he had never knew was there, making Jungkook leave his comfort zone like it was nothing. Jimin would never know how much control he had over Jungkook. Jungkook would quit if Jimin told him to, without hesitation, but he knew Jimin was too selfless to do that.

It was done out of instinct, out of little knowledge they had of how it’s should be done between guys but it didn’t matter. Jimin didn’t mind the slight discomfort he felt the first time he had Jungkook’s pretty finger inside him. Jungkook’s movement was so gentle, careful and unrushed, like he wanted to treasure each second of such intimation he shared with Jimin.

Jimin started to constantly let out a low whimper when Jungkook was three fingers inside him, loosening Jimin’s inside while biting his bottom lips in concentration, afraid of hurting him.

When Jungkook was finally thrusting slowly inside of him, Jimin cried out of pain. Jungkook felt a rush of panic suddenly, prompting to remove himself but Jimin grab his arms and stopped him.

“It’s okay, just a second,” Jimin said between his short breaths. He furrowed his brows, adjusting himself with the unfamiliar and somehow uncomfortable feeling. It was painful, more painful than he thought it would be, but it wouldn’t stop him, but it was Jungkook.

As Jungkook thrust slowly inside of him the ached subsided little by little and before he knew it, Jimin was whimpering out of pleasure beneath Jungkook. The spot inside him that Jungkook somehow managed to hit over and over again made him arched his back from the bed, moaning even louder while gripping Jungkook’s arms, silently prompting him to move faster.  

Jungkook watched how Jimin was chanting his name between his moans. Jimin’s dark brown hair sprawled on top of the fluffy pillow, chest heaving, and face blushing a pretty pink color and Jungkook stopped a moment to admire that view beneath him. Jungkook started to doubt his decision to let go of Jimin. He could live like this for the rest of his life, watching Jimin’s glow beneath him instead of the glow from the spot light. Hearing Jimin called his name instead of his fans calling him. It was honestly worth it, it was so, so tempting for him.

Another high pitched moan coming out of Jimin pulled Jungkook back. He picked his pace as he started moving frantically, coming nearer and nearer toward his and Jimin’s end. A moment later Jimin came undone on their chests before Jungkook also reached his climax a few thrusts later.

They both were catching their breaths, panting almost simultaneously with chest pumping and touching each other’s trying to release some of the heat left.

Jungkook rested his forehead on Jimin’s and watched him as their fringe stuck to each other’s. Jimin stared back at him, his eyes half lidded and lips parted, he was about to say something but decided to pull Jungkook for a lazy kiss instead.

“You okay?” asked Jungkook as he brushed Jimin’s hair out of his forehead before he kissed him there.

Jimin nodded slowly, inhaling a few times before he managed to answer, “yeah.”

“God, Jungkook that was…” When he was calm enough Jimin finally managed to form a proper sentence, he turned his head to look at the man who was now lying beside him after he lazily cleaned them up both, good thing he kept wet tissues on his bedside table.

“What?” Jungkook turned to see Jimin before he threw him a mischievous smile, his chest pumping with pride after somehow succeeding at giving Jimin a proper first time. He was glad Jimin was happy, that he liked it, it was the least he could do for him.  

Jungkook tucked his hand on Jimin’s waist, pulling him closer until half of Jimin was lying on top of him. His hot breath tickled Jungkook’s chest and his little hand gently brushed Jungkook’s abdomen. Jimin felt how Jungkook’s chest moved as he let out a breathy chuckle.

If he could choose, Jimin would prefer to stay here with Jungkook trapping and engulfing him in warmth rather than inside his vast Jungkook felt warm. Like a comforting blanket that he used when he was little or the hug his mom used to give him before she started become as busy as her husband. He wasn’t feeling empty when he was with Jungkook. He was filled to the brim it drove him crazy. He wanted to stay between the warmth that Jungkook provided forever, if possible.

 

32.

Jungkook turned back one last time toward the closed door as he walked side by side with Namjoon through the empty hallway. He bit his lips before he continued walking, unconsciously picking his pace because he wanted to go away as soon as possible but the urge to run back toward Jimin was so strong it took everything in him to stop himself knocking on Jimin’s door to let him inside.

Jimin stood behind the closed door, clutching the door knob tightly. He managed to stay calm the whole time Jungkook was packing his clothes even when the sound of the ringing doorbell echoed throughout his apartment.


 

Notes:

Fact 1. I enjoy washing dishes it's a stress reliever
Fact 2. Actually taking pictures during concert is also forbidden, but it's okay in this story, just because.
Fact 3. It's a cliché 'conglomerate fell in love with commoner' kind of story, sorry to disappoint.

Chapter 3: Part 3

Summary:

Jimin left and Jungkook wait.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

33.

His doorbell rang for the second time that day. Jimin dragged himself toward his door. He was not in the mood to meet anyone but his mind was empty and he was on auto pilot so before he knew it, he was already out of his bedroom.

Jimin watched Seokjin on the small screen, the handsome man threw him a smile, something like condolence for his little brother. He understood more than anyone, after all he had been in Jimin’s shoes before. Jimin didn’t have the heart to reject his brother.

“Hey…” Seokjin greeted Jimin cautiously as soon as he stepped inside his apartment.

“Hey, hyung,” Jimin smiled weakly at him.

Seokjin ran there when Namjoon called him, having absolutely no idea that Jungkook left today.

“How are you?”

Jimin shrugged, “somehow alive,” he said rather weakly.

It was too obvious how Jimin was trying to show him that it hadn’t affected him that much, but it wasn’t convincing enough. Seokjin, someone who was usually tactless, could see through him, how all this had taken a toll on his little brother. Jimin was far from okay, he didn’t even look alive. His beautiful eyes were void of emotions, like nothing even mattered anymore. He kept darting his gaze toward the floor. Seokjin didn’t want to pry too much on that so he walked inside, sitting on top of the sofa before patting the space beside him for Jimin. 

“It’ll get better, don’t worry,” Seokjin said as soon as Jimin settled beside him.

“Yeah, I hope so,” Jimin nodded.

“You know you can talk to me, I know it’s still awkward between us, I’m not sure what Namjoon had told you but I believe it has something to do with my past with him?” it ended up become a question at the end of his sentence.

Jimin just gave him a slight nod as an answer.

“Jimin…” Seokjin called softly. When it happened to him he had wished there was someone he could talk to. It won’t solve anything but maybe, sharing the pain with someone could lessen the pain even for a bit.

“How is he?” Jimin inhaled before he looked up toward Seokjin again, managing to let a small smile out just to reassure his brother.

“I’m not sure, haven’t talk to Namjoon yet,” Seokjin answered.

“He’ll stay with Namjoon hyung?”         

“Yeah,” Seokjin nodded, “for the time being.”

Jimin raised his brows.

“Until he found a new company—“

“Wait,” Jimin said, “what do you mean? Isn’t he going to sign with us?”

Seokjin gasped soundlessly, cursing himself inside for blurting out without thinking first. Really, he needed to get rid of that habit.

“We can’t keep him,” he shook his head, avoiding Jimin’s prying eyes.

“Why?” He asked weakly.

“Dad said we can’t, it’s true Jimin, after everything that happened we can’t have Jungkook, the media won’t shut up about it,” Seokjin answered. He disagreed at first but his father always had his reasons and strangely enough it was always ended up so convincing even to Seokjin. After all, business is all about convincing people.

“Why?” Jimin desperately repeated.

“We’ll help him until then, we’ll help him finding a good company too, don’t worry too much,” Seokjin was laying a reassuring hand on Jimin’s tensed back, stroking it up and down a few times but it didn’t affect him at all.

“No, Jungkook has to stay with us hyung,”

“Jimin, one of my friend has this label called High Ground it’s a pretty decent company and—“

“No!”  Jimin raised his voice in anger.          

“I can’t trust anyone, you can’t let Jungkook go, hyung. You know what happened with him, what his former CEO did to him,” Seokjin knew Jimin was desperate. Jimin had never been this stubborn before, one rejection from his dad and he’d give up right away, but it was different this time, it was about Jungkook after all. He knew too, how much Jimin wanted to protect Jungkook and he also knew what had happened to Jungkook, but it wasn’t like the decision was in his hands, despite him being the CEO the one who still in control was their father.

“Believe me, this is the best for both of you.”

It was ridiculous how his father who was barely ever home or even talk to him always knew what was the best for him. Funny because Jimin knew, it wasn’t for him or Jungkook, it was for the company.

“I’m going to see Dad,” Jimin sat up abruptly from the sofa and started walking away hurriedly before Seokjin grabbed his wrist to stop him.

“Jimin,” Seokjin called in plead.

Jimin snatched his hand away from Seokjin’s grip, he stared at Seokjin with the look of betrayal Seokjin would lie if he said that didn’t hurt.

Seokjin sighed in defeat as he placed his hand on Jimin’s shoulder, “Tomorrow, you’re not thinking straight right now, let’s go together tomorrow, I promise.”

Jimin was about to say something but Seokjin stopped him, “Please,” Seokjin’s gaze softened as well as his tone and Jimin exhaled before nodding weakly.

“Go get some sleep.”

 

34.

Seokjin kept his promise in accompanying Jimin to meet their father. He didn’t expect much, never saw anyone win an argument with his father. But Jimin’s eyes that were filled with resolution and determination without a slight nervousness or the fidgeting he usually did only at the mention of their father gave Seokjin some hope to hold onto.

 

 

Seokjin thought he must had blanked out for a while, because as soon as he snapped out of his trance, Jimin and his dad had already begun arguing back and forth, not long after that, his father even raised his voice but to his surprise, intead of backing out, Jimin raised his tone as well. Seokjin had never seen his brother like that, his calm and collected brother, a good boy who was always obedient was nowhere to be seen. Seokjin stood there, nodding and stating how he agreed with Jimin but couldn’t really do more than that. He secretly hoped he could get out of there soon, the air was suffocating him.

Seokjin was lost in his own thoughts again when it suddenly went quiet. The argument went to a halt before Jimin started to speak again, “so the problem is Jungkook can’t stay because there’s me?”

Mr. Park was about to say something but Jimin didn’t give him a chance, “then I’ll leave,” he said without any hesitation.

“What?” Seokjin blurted out.

“I’ll leave, I’ll go away. Is that enough?” Jimin repeated even surer than the first time.

“What are you saying?”

“I’ll leave the country. Keep Jungkook here,” Jimin ignored Seokjin like he wasn’t even there as he kept staring directly at his father.

Mr. Park watched from his seat, his expression was still and unfazed.

“You think you can survive alone?” He finally asked in a bit challengingly.

“I left once, I can do it again.”

“All of this just for that idol?” He asked again. Jimin knew that he purposely did it just to get on his nerves, Jimin wouldn’t let him this time, not anymore.

“Jungkook, not just that idol. He’s Jungkook.”

“So you’ll leave so Jungkook can stay here?”

“Of course.”

Mr. Park exhaled, his eyes changed from tense and anger to indifference and disinterest, a silent word that the discussion, argument, whatever they had earlier had ended, “do whatever you want.”

 

 35.

Jimin was out of the room before Seokjin could grab him. He wanted to chase after Jimin but his feet was numb and his father was calling out him to stay.

The old man let out a long deep sigh as soon as Jimin was out of sight, he leaned back on office chair.

“Why is he so stubborn?” he said, looking at his oldest son in an honest curiosity and disappointment.

Seokjin suddenly feeling really tired, he rubbed his tensed neck and was finally able to feel the air entering his lungs again.

“Dad, you’re just as stubborn you know that?”

 “I know.”

“What are you going to do now?”

“I said it.”

No, Seokjin thought, he wouldn’t let Jimin leave just like that.

“Let me handle it.” Seokjin said.

“I trust you.” Mr. Park nodded in defeat, strangely he only ever showed this side of him to Seokjin. He never showed Jimin this humanly side of him and Seokjin wanted to know why he was so hard on Jimin. Seokjin is the oldest, the heir, shouldn’t Seokjin be the one to receive such treatment and not Jimin?

He really wanted to know but he couldn’t bring himself to ask. He was afraid that he might hate his father if he knew the answer to it.

“I hope you can trust Jimin too,” Seokjin said back, his words full of sadness and hope, hope that maybe one day his father would show Jimin the face he showed Seokjin all this time. Not only the  face of the Park Group’s President but the face of an old man with two sons who only wanted the best for them.

“I always trust him, you know that, Jin.”

The childhood name sounded foreign but familiar at the same time. He only called Seokjin that when the President was replaced by his father instead and Seokjin realized that his father was desperate too. But what could he do, he wanted to be a dad for his sons but he had to be the responsible and dependable president of the company too.

Seokjin hated this from time to time. He wanted his family to be just another family, with his father working for a company and not owning it instead, it would probably be different.

“You should probably start showing him that you actually care dad.”

Seokjin turned toward his dad one last time, “or you’re going to really lose him this time,” he bowed in respect before closing the door.

 

36.

It wasn’t easy for Seokjin to convince Jimin to stay just a bit longer when he prepared everything. He wanted Jimin to go with a purpose and not just running away like a hormonal teenager who had a fight with their parents. No, even if Jimin was to leave, Seokjin wanted to maintain a contact with his little brother. Seokjin wanted Jimin to learn and not just end up as a homeless man in another country.

He had everything settled for Jimin, what he didn’t expect was for a furious looking Namjoon to storm inside his office, holding what seemed like his mutation letter.

“What is this?” Namjoon slapped the paper on top of Seokjin’s desk.

Seokjin almost jumped on his seat from the force of Namjoon’s hand on his desk.

“Why do you send me away too?” Namjoon gritted his teeth, trying his best not to explode; though it seemed like he would anytime soon, depending on Seokjin’ answer.

“Namjoon…” Seokjin stood up from his chair, reaching out for Namjoon’s hand across his table before Namjoon harshly slapped his hand away.

“You’re abandoning me, is that it?” Despite how angry he looked, Seokjin could faintly hear his voice trembling, how hurt he looked when he stared at Seokjin like a puppy being abandoned and asking to be taken home once more.

“It’s not like that, I need someone to be with Jimin…” Seokjin walked around his table toward Namjoon, he reached out for his arm and sighed in relief when Namjoon didn’t push him away.

“It’s just your excuse, you just want me away,” Deep inside, Seokjin agreed that Namjoon was half right. He wanted someone to be with Jimin but he also wanted Namjoon to go, to start over without getting more scar from staying so close but couldn’t reach out to him.

“You told me I could stay beside you…”

It was bullshit, a mere excuse, Namjoon knew. Namjoon wouldn’t be so mad if it was really for the sole purpose of looking out to Jimin. Seokjin was throwing him away because what was coming in a few months, it was already a talk between the employees, not out to the media yet. Namjoon was probably the first one among the employees who knew because he drove Seokjin himself the first time he met her.

“Namjoon, I—”

“Your wedding,” Namjoon said in a low voice, almost whispering, “I don’t care, I want to be there.”

“I can’t Joon.”

“I don’t care, I want to be there.”

“I care. I don’t want you to see it. I can’t,” Seokjin shook his head again and again, keeping a strong grip on Namjoon’s rough hand, afraid that he’d fly away and really disappear from his sight forever.

“You fucking threw me away,” the harshness and the pain inside Namjoon’s words scattered Seokjin’s heart, but not as much as Namjoon’s that had been broken the first time he met Seokjin’s soon-to-be wife. When he had to make the reservation, to make sure the candle-lit dinner went well or when he had to escort them both toward their table with champagne and flowers and candles or when he drove them together and had to listen to their conversation about their future, a future he could never have with Seokjin. He managed to go through it all like it was nothing, staying as level-headed as he usually was, that Seokjin almost believed Namjoon probably really had gotten over him.  

“Namjoon I—,” Namjoon stormed out of the room not sparing a single glance at Seokjin. The sound of the wooden door as it slammed close echoed in the room, breaking another piece of Seokjin. God, he hated himself.

 

37.

Jungkook was running, he was running desperately as soon as the elevator stopped on Jimin’s floor. He didn’t wait any longer before entering the password and excusing himself inside.

“Jimin…” He called, but nobody answered.

 

38.

“Morning, hyung,” Jimin strolled from his bedroom with lazy steps before taking a seat across Namjoon with a half-empty (or half full, Namjoon preferred, optimism he said) cup of coffee.

“Morning,” Jimin took a sip of his own coffee, glad that it was still warm and inwardly thanking Namjoon for preparing his coffee every morning.

It had been 4 years since both Jimin and Namjoon first breathed the Canada’s air. Seokjin sent them here. At first Namjoon was sulky and unwilling, although he tried his hardest to not make it too obvious; how he never wanted to be there in front of Jimin but Jimin saw how Namjoon changed. How the level-headed, calm, and composed Park Group’s most loyal employee became quiet and indifferent about everything. He did his job like a robot that at some point Jimin thought that Namjoon sincerely hated him. Namjoon reassured it that he didn’t. He was just angry at Seokjin for dumping him like he wasn’t needed after everything he did for him, to say the least, he was disappointed and hurt. He thought it needed more than that for Seokjin to let him go. Jimin reassured him back that it wasn’t easy for Seokjin, that Jimin would probably do the same to Jungkook. Who would want to see the one they loved get married to someone else anyway.

Namjoon and Jimin refused the mansion as soon as they arrived, it was overwhelmingly too big just for two guys. Almost 4 times bigger than Jimin’s apartment in Korea, so they agreed to look for a place by themselves and finally settled on an apartment near their office, not bigger than Jimin’s apartment in Korea, but just enough for them. Not like they would spend a lot of time there anyway, they knew there was a lot to do.

The branch in Canada that Seokjin assigned them to was far from established, it was in fact, on the verge of bankruptcy. The former CEO ran away with the investment money, they went on trial last year and had to pay quite an amount of money causing a lot of loss for the Park Group. Namjoon and Jimin’s job was to rebuild the company. It was a lot of work, they were aware of it but thankful actually. Both of them needed a distraction, something that could completely take their minds off of the person they missed so much.

The first year was hell, a complete torture, too much work to be done, most of their employees had ran away, they had to look for some more capable individual while spending as little money as they could. They barely had time to sleep. At some point, Namjoon and Jimin neglected their apartment and lived at the office instead. But then again, it was something that both of them needed so they never complained, instead indulging themselves in their work so much that some of the employees even called them ‘psycho workaholic duo’ but Namjoon and Jimin didn’t really care.

Gaining recognition and getting the trust back from their investor wasn’t easy, just looking from their record, some company had even black listed them. But they had Namjoon, the guy with the convincing power as much as the President. It still amazed Jimin sometimes how Namjoon managed to land themselves a huge project that was nearly impossible, Seokjin was right. Jimin needed to learn a lot from Namjoon.

On their fourth year the company had stabilized and finally Namjoon and Jimin could somehow breathe. They were able to go back to their apartment, starting their day in the morning and ending it at night and getting some decent sleep they needed because the first time they actually managed to look at themselves properly in the mirror they gasped in shock, they finally understood why people called them ‘psycho workaholic duo’.

 

Hyung,” Jimin called the man who was busy reading a newspaper and only answered with a hum.

“Seokjin invited us to Taehyung’s birthday.”

Namjoon finally looked up at the mention of Taehyung, the cute baby that both him and Jimin had never saw in person would be three soon, time surely flies.

“Let’s go hyung. Don’t you want to see Taetae? Our cute prince Taetae?” Jimin wriggled his eyebrows playfully toward Namjoon.

Namjoon liked Taehyung a lot, the first time he saw the pictures from Jimin’s phone that Seokjin sent him when the baby was born, he couldn’t help but fall in love with the boy. Even as a baby, Taehyung was handsome, his eyes and tall nose were so much like Seokjin, Jimin grumbled that he was the only one who’s ugly in the family, Namjoon has to hit him across the head and said Jimin was just as handsome.

Jimin kept in contact with Seokjin, constantly video calling him just to see Taehyung grew up day by day. Namjoon never interacted with the baby himself but he was entertained enough hearing the story from Jimin. It warmed his heart. He couldn’t believe Seokjin had already become a father. He wanted to see Taehyung, he must be look cuter in person but Namjoon wasn’t ready to meet Seokjin yet or to see the happy family right in front of his eyes. Just thinking about it still pierced his heart and he hated himself for still having feelings toward Seokjin, a married man. He couldn’t hold Taehyung in his hands if he still having thoughts of how it would have been like if it was him, if Taehyung was his son with Seokjin.

“You go. I’m going to stay,” Namjoon shook his head while throwing a weak smile.

Hyung, don’t you miss Korea?”

“I miss something else.”

“Then come with me, I miss Jungkook too hyung,

“It’s not the same.”

“Why?”

“You can miss him as much as you want. Me, on the other hand, can’t. I shouldn’t.”

Jimin sighed, “Hyung, there’s nothing wrong with missing someone.”

“There is, if that someone is married Jimin. Just go, someone needs to look out for the company anyway.

“Bullshit, you know we can actually take a break hyung. If it was four years ago then yeah, of course, but now it’s different.” 

Namjoon raised his brows from Jimin’s language, resulting at the boy to hang his head low in regret like a child getting scolded by his parents for acting out.

“You go and meet Jungkook, I know you miss him so much. I’ll be fine.”

“No you’re not, I won’t go without you hyung.”

Namjoon somehow felt bad. He felt like he kept getting in the way of Jimin reuniting with his family or Jungkook. Even four years ago when Jimin was supposed to attend his big brother’s wedding, the younger chose to stay beside him instead, saying how could he leave Namjoon alone or how he couldn’t one hundred percent give his blessing to his brother knowing really well how it broke Namjoon’s heart. He sort of felt bad toward Seokjin’s wife. Namjoon countless times tried to convince Jimin to go there but Jimin just scoffed and said that nobody wanted him there anyway.

“Oh, I know you miss Jungkook a lot.”

“I won’t leave without you.”

“Jimin, stop making me feel guilty, I don’t like stopping you from meeting Jungkook or your family,” Namjoon tried letting out the happiest smile he could manage to reassure Jimin that he was completely fine but Jimin was having none of that, the little shit was just really stubborn sometimes.

“Then go with me.”

“No.”

 

39.

Jungkook missed him. God, he missed him so much he almost sprinted to see him. He missed him from hearing everything from Seokjin every day. Seokjin wouldn’t shut up about all of Jimin’s progression and everything he had done in Canada even without Jungkook asking.

Even when he had concert there, the urge to go to Jimin’s place was overwhelming that he was really just a mere knocks away from meeting him but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. It still hurt when he remembered how Jimin left so abruptly, no notes no letters or goodbye kiss. Even after months Jungkook still couldn’t grasp the reality.

He stood beside Seokjin who had Taehyung, his son, in his arms, the 3 years old had grown to be as handsome as his father, cute smile and bright laugh, strangely looked like Jimin’s one. He was his uncle after all.

“TaeTae happy birthday,” Jungkook pinched the giggling baby as he showed him the present wrapped in green shining wrappers, the color that seemed to be Taehyung’s favorite. The baby jumped happily in his father’s arms.

“Where’s Soonyoung-sshi?” Jungkook asked, looking around for Taehyung’s mother that he hadn’t seen the whole night.

“She can’t make it. She said she still has some meeting to catch up,” Seokjin said.

“Oh, that’s too bad,” Jungkook patted Taehyung’s head as if to console him for not having his mother on his birthday even though the baby was still giggling innocently, not understanding a single thing. As far as Jungkook knew, Taehyung wasn’t really that close with his mother who was barely present. Jungkook wondered sometimes what made her so busy that she couldn’t attend her own son’s birthday.

“Yeah,” Seokjin answered nonchalantly while playing with Taehyung’s small fingers.

“It’s okay Tae, you can play with me.”

They were just playing and joking with Taehyung before Jungkook asked.

Hyung?"

“Yeah?”

“He’s not coming?”

Seokjin shook his head weakly while smiling sadly toward Jungkook, half was out of pity for Jungkook and half was for himself because he also wanted to see Jimin, and perhaps Namjoon.

“He can’t leave Namjoon alone he said.”

Jungkook heart sank, he kind of hoped to meet Jimin tonight. Just a mere bumping or greeting each other was enough for him. He didn’t hate Namjoon but there was a tang of jealousy each time he thought of how Jimin and Namjoon had lived together for years and how loyal Jimin was to the point he refused to leave Namjoon alone there. Didn’t he miss Jungkook?

At some point Jungkook wondered whether there was actually something between Namjoon and Jimin after hearing from Seokjin how they grew closer while staying there. He didn’t want to hate Namjoon, he was a good man, and he wanted Jimin to be happy. But he wished this time he was just being kind of paranoid. He knew it was selfish of him. It wasn’t like he and Jimin still had something, they ended it a long time ago, he wasn’t even sure if Jimin still loved him as much as he did. He was scared, he didn’t want to think about those dark brown orbs looking at him with something other than love and adoration, Jungkook wouldn’t be able to get used to that.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Jungkook asked after seeing Seokjin expression fall. Without him saying it, Jungkook knew that Seokjin missed both Jimin and Namjoon too as much as he did.

“Yeah.”

Jungkook knew what happened between Seokjin and Namjoon. They separated in a bad note. Seokjin told him while crying a few days later about how he felt. He still managed to be reserved and calm despite all the tears that went down on his cheeks but Jungkook knew how hurt Seokjin was, how the separation took the smile from him. Seokjin tried contacting him a few times, just as a friend but Namjoon refused any sort of contact with him unlike Jimin and Jungkook who purposely avoided each other.

“I’m sorry hyung.”

“It’s okay.”

It wasn’t.

 

40.

The night went long and boring. Jungkook went here and there to greet anyone, throwing his most charming smile that left people stunned, he was chosen the company’s face after all. Meeting Yoongi somehow helped him to relax a bit, the lawyer was a really good companion despite his exterior and perhaps because he was too, not really like being in a party and throwing fake smiles here and there. Yoongi helped Jungkook a lot on his trial with his former company. They won the case and his ex-CEO was still in jail for all the crimes he committed, he heard from Yoongi that he would be released soon, Jungkook didn’t really care.

Not long after Jimin left, the scandal just evaporated into thin air, like nothing even actually happened. Jungkook was sure that despite how nonchalant and indifferent Jimin’s father was about the problem, he actually somehow took care of it. Of course through connections and money, he did care about his son after all. Jungkook even had a monthly dinner with the President, Seokjin and his wife, as if he was there to replace Jimin. The President, even though he was trying to be subtle about it, was taking care of Jungkook really well. Jungkook was provided with everything he needed and he got as much rest as he needed and only did the job that he wanted, no pressure whatsoever. He actually grew fond of the President. He hoped Jimin could see and feel that one day.

That year wasn’t exactly a calm year for the entertainment industry. Jungkook’s scandal turned out to be nothing compared to the other scandals that caught some other celebrities, affair, sexual assault, drunk driving, and so on and because of that Jungkook’s scandal with the conglomerate popped like a bubble without a trace and no one even remembered anymore after 4 years. It was like an urban legend that everybody knew but no one was even sure whether it actually happened or not (even if hundreds of articles about it were still there somewhere on the Internet).

After strolling through the park for the last hour, his ear vaguely caught something, something like the sound of a twinkling laugh. Jungkook thought he must had started to turn insane from waiting for Jimin that his head was starting to make things up. But as he walked closer and closer, slowly taking his steps (because he was still in between believing his rational thinking or his heart about coming to where the sound was coming from) he confirmed that no, he wasn’t insane yet, and yes, it was real.

He turned his head back, looking for the source of the voice. Black. He could see a mop of black hair, standing in front of Seokjin and Taehyung with his back to Jungkook. His head tilted slightly from laughing, then it finally dawned on Jungkook.

Jimin.

Jungkook wanted to run but his legs were turning wobbly, his heart pumping harshly that without even doing anything he could feel sweat trickling down his back. The closer he got, the more he was sure that it was the man he missed all this time. There wasn’t any cute dark fluffy brown hair anymore, it was replaced by a color as black as charcoal, shining from the gel, tousled back neatly, body wrapped in a figure-fitting dark blue suit, too fitting, Jungkook hitched a breath seeing how Jimin was noticeably bulkier. Jungkook felt like his chest would burst out when he was just a mere meter away from him. Seokjin noticed the stiffened figure standing behind Jimin, his laugh suddenly halted as he stared at him, something like a sympathetic but also relieved look. When Jimin noticed the sudden change of air between them he turned his head back following Seokjin’s line of vision.

“Jimin?” Jungkook called, so softly as if he wasn’t even sure himself, the name rolling on his tongue felt so nostalgic. Jungkook tried not to tremble or run to hug Jimin. God, he was perfect, he always had been. But after 4 years he didn’t change, still the stunner in Jungkook eyes. He lost some weight and under the garden lamps that shone brightly around them, Jungkook could see his prominent jawline, his cheek’s baby-fat had noticeably disappeared and nothing could compare to his smile or laugh. No matter how hard he tried opening up his heart to someone else it was no use, Jimin had took so much space in Jungkook’s heart when he left, leaving Jungkook as an empty shell waiting to be filled again.

Jimin stood still in his place, motionless with his lips parted while staring at Jungkook.

“Hi, Jungkook,” After a long, torturing pause, a smile slowly grew on his lips as he greeted Jungkook like an old friend. His voice still ringing pleasantly in Jungkook’s ear, he forgot how much he longed to hear it again.

“…Hi,” Jungkook said shakily.

 

“Okay, I’ll go greet Namjoon first,” Seokjin slowly walked away, taking Taehyung with him. The baby seemed unwilling to leave Jimin as he waved and tried to reach Jimin while wiggling from his father’s arms, “Tae...” Seokjin whispered affectionately while stroking his hair. Jimin reached Taehyung’s small fragile hand and squeezed it lightly, “We’ll play again later, cutie.” 

“Good luck hyung,” Jimin said, giving his best encouraging smile for his brother.

Seokjin chuckled lightly and rolled his eyes from the look Jimin and Jungkook gave him.

“Worry about yourselves first,” he exchanged look with both of them before walking away.

 

Jungkook didn’t waste any time before he walked closer to Jimin, awkwardly scratching his nape in an attempt to toss his nervousness away.

“How are you?” he asked. It wasn’t an out of courtesy question, he really did wonder how had Jimin been all these years, without him.

“Good, you?” Jimin answered calmly. It worried Jungkook somehow at how calm and composed Jimin was after meeting him like he didn’t look forward to meet him again, or as if Jungkook wasn’t even someone relevant to him anymore.

“Yeah, good.”

“Do you—,” he glanced at Jimin, “want to talk somewhere else?”

“Okay.”

 

41.

Seokjin walked toward the man who had his back to him, the tall figure seemed to be very engrossed in his conversation with Yoongi. Seokjin hesitated for a second before he took a deep breath and approached them.

“Hi,” he greeted softly.

Namjoon turned, his expression was so calm and casual as he greeted Seokjin back with a soft ‘Hi, how are you?’ like they hadn’t just reunited after four years; like the last time they saw each other wasn’t filled with curses and shouts.

Seokjin gave him a small smile before Namjoon turned his attention toward the sleepy toddler on Seokjin’s arms.

“So is this cute little fella over here Taehyung?” Namjoon moved closer, smiling brightly and showing a pair of dimples on his cheeks.

Namjoon reached out to Taehyung’s small hand and squeezed it gently, feeling the soft and warm feeling from the cute baby. Taehyung whined as he buried his face in Seokjin’s shoulder.

“Sorry, I think he’s sleepy, it’s getting late,” Seokjin threw him an apologetic smile. He knew Namjoon adored Taehyung so much, he hoped Namjoon met him sooner while Taehyung was still energetic and could greet him properly.

“It’s okay.”

“I think you need to put him to sleep, I don’t get why you guys are throwing a party for a three years old baby like a party for some teenagers,” Yoongi said blatantly. The lawyer had always been blunt toward Seokjin and it wasn’t like Seokjin ever really minded it.

Hyung,” Namjoon nudged him slightly with his elbow and Yoongi just shrugged.

“Yeah sorry, you know it wasn’t just a birthday party for Taehyung.”

“Yeah, more like a business gathering,” Yoongi stole a glance toward some of the guests not too far from them, wearing a fancy suit while holding a glass of wine, Taehyung would be pissed off once he find out later.

Namjoon cleared his throat, he knew Yoongi didn’t mean anything bad, he was somehow agreeing with the grumpy man too. It didn’t look like a birthday party for a three years old at all, no colorful balloons, no clown, no ribbons, or other babies that Taehyung could play with.

“I’ll make a proper party later,” Seokjin patted Taehyung’s back gently when he started whining softly again on his shoulder.

“Where’s Jimin?” Namjoon asked before Yoongi blurted anything more because surely he looked like he had a lot to say about the party.

“With Jungkook.”

“Oh.”

“I’ll put Taehyung in his room first, I’ll go back later, I’m sorry,” Seokjin patted Taehyung’s back a few times to calm the whining baby before sauntering away from Namjoon and Yoongi. 

 

“Taehyung’s really cute,” Namjoon smiled adoringly while watching Seokjin and Taehyung’s retreating figure. It surprised him at how much that he actually didn’t really care that Taehyung wasn’t his son because as soon as he saw the baby he fell in love from how cute he was and how he looked so, so much like Seokjin especially his big and innocent eyes.

“Yeah, I’m glad he at least has Seokjin to pamper him,” Yoongi said also looking toward the front door of the Park’s mansion where Seokjin and Taehyung disappeared a moment ago.

“Hmm?”

“The mother’s barely home, she’s always busy I heard. Must be reaaally busy not to attend this party where even the CEO and the President are present,” Yoongi sneered while rolling his eyes.

Namjoon didn’t want to read what Yoongi was implying behind his words, as much as he cared, it was still someone else’s family business.

 

42.

Jungkook and Jimin walked around the park side by side, trying to separate themselves from the other guests who paid no attention to them. If it was 4 years ago they probably would have stared at them like they were some criminals.

They finally found a lonely wooden bench that was pretty much away from the on-going party and sat there, maintaining some space between each other. Jimin placed his hands on his laps while staring right ahead toward the lake. The view was pretty and calming, and it helped Jungkook a bit to calm himself down. He watched every single movement Jimin made. How his eyes blinked prettily while watching the scenery in front of him, how his chest moved as he inhaled and exhaled, how he had three silver rings with different design on each hands, how his fingers were still small and delicate. Something had noticeably changed like how he didn’t fidget with his fingers or constantly shifted his legs back and forth from being stared at, how he seemed so calm and mature. But there was still a familiarity from the way he smiled, the way he looked with those pair of innocent eyes or the way he smelled like vanilla and so much like home. Jungkook could still find the Jimin from four years ago beside him and it was endearing, his brain was in a buzz, his stomach turning and his heart pounding like crazy.

“You dyed your hair,” Jungkook was not really sure of what to say and what not to but even useless conversation like this meant a lot to him, so he didn’t really care.

“Yeah.”

“It suits you,” Jungkook glued his eyes to Jimin, hoping that Jimin would spare him a glance. Didn’t he miss him too?

“Thanks, actually I’ve changed it a few times,” Jimin said as he ran his fingers through his jet black hair and Jungkook’s stopped breathing from looking at how stunning Jimin was just from how his hair fell delicately across his forehead.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’ve tried red and orange before finally trying black, you know Namjoon hyung like dying his hair so much, I think it rubbed off on me,” Jimin smiled shyly, darting his gaze toward the pebbled ground. 

“Oh.”

Jungkook bit his lips, hesitating for a split second before he thought fuck it and finally ask.

“Are you–are you guys together?”

“What?”

“You and Namjoon hyung?”

But then, finally, Jimin turned his head and stared at Jungkook, his pretty eyes opened widely as he let out a muted little gasp.

“No, we’re just kind of, you know, best friends,” Jimin shook his head before averting his gaze from Jungkook again.

Jungkook didn’t even realize when he sighed long and deep, even touching his chest for a short moment.

 

“How about you Jungkook?”

“Nothing much, concert, live show, filming, whatever.”

Jimin just nodded to that. There was another silence, Jungkook didn’t like the awkwardness at all. Jimin was somehow putting a wall between them, so tall that Jungkook was having a hard time climbing over it.

“Jimin, I—,” Jungkook started but couldn’t finish when Jimin cut him off.

“How about Minji nuna and the rest?”

There was a pause because Jungkook’s mind running here and there trying to decipher Jimin’s behavior toward him. He couldn’t help but feeling that Jimin was pushing him away, that Jimin hinted that there was nothing between them anymore and he felt a scrunching pain building up inside his chest, making him suffocate.

“Ah, Minji nuna is still running her fansite,” Jungkook answered truthfully while trying to keep his composure, he held onto a little hope that Jimin was just as nervous as he was.

“Really?”

“Yeah and I met Dara nuna last year. She attended the fansign just to tell me she’s pregnant, she’s married now and she said goodbye. She asked me to say hi to you, if-if I meet you.”

Jungkook saw how Jimin’s face beamed and brightened compared to before, he was sort of jealous he hoped Jimin would show him that face when he saw him before but he couldn’t really complain because he knew how close Jimin was with Sandara and the others, they had known each other long before Jungkook noticed Jimin.

“Really?” Jimin asked in amusement. He was glad for them, he wanted to contact them so bad just to say hi and asked how they had been doing.

Jimin honestly realized not long after he left Korea that there was no way Dara or Minji didn’t know who he was from all the news and all his pictures that circulated on television and online media. They must have realized that their friend was actually the Park Group’s second son who was involved in a scandal with Jungkook. Jimin waited anxiously, for anything to explode at that time, for breaking news about how he used to ran a fansite for Jungkook’s, for anyone to call him a stalker or obsessive rich bastard. But it had never happened. It was so calm that Jimin was honestly confused. He thought maybe, that the reason there weren’t any more scandal involving him was because he and Jungkook were being protected. Dara, Minji, Chaerin, Bom, and the rest were keeping their silence even though they knew it. Jimin was more than thankful when he finally realized how they had been protecting him, even when his own family couldn’t. He noted that he’d send Dara a postcard to congratulate her for her wedding later once he was back in Canada.

“Yeah, also Bom and Chaerin nuna just closed their fansites, I heard from Dara nuna they wanted to concentrate on their full time job.”

“I see. Poor Minji she must be lonely, I missed them,” Jimin said weakly.

 

“What about me?” Jungkook asked, almost irritatingly demanded like a child.

“Wha—?”

“Didn’t you miss me?” he asked, fully showing his insecurities, forget about being modest and calm, Jungkook didn’t care anymore. He knew he had fucked up 4 years ago the moment he let go of Jimin without any fight like a loser and Jimin probably hated him for that but was just too nice to curse at him. He was ready though, so ready for Jimin to lash out at him, even to hit him for being a jerk who chose his career over him.

He regretted it so much. He regretted being such a stupid and immature kid who was scared that his love for Jimin wasn’t as strong as how he loved his career that he would regret choosing Jimin over it. At that time, Jungkook thought it was the best decision, the most mature decision was to let go of Jimin, he thought he’d be fine, he’d be able to forget Jimin soon after.

It didn’t take long for Jungkook to realize that he has been wrong. Jimin wasn’t just a simple crush, a simple attraction or comfortable to be with. He loved Jimin, so much that all this time when he thought he was in love with somebody was nothing compared to how strong he felt for Jimin. For the past 4 years every morning when he woke up, he hoped that there’d be Jimin sleeping peacefully right beside him. That at night he dreamed of Jimin hugging him to sleep because Jimin’s scent, Jimin’s voice, Jimin’s face, Jimin’s pretty little hands, or Jimin’s ordinary kimchi fried rice were still so vivid inside his head. It was impossible to forget and he was being stupid for thinking that his love for Jimin wasn’t that deep, wasn’t worth sacrificing his career over it. Because before Jungkook knew it, he was deep in love, so deep that waiting four years for Jimin was nothing because he could still remember sleeping next to him like it was yesterday.

“Jimin, I missed you,” Jungkook said shakily, “so much.”

“Jungkook…”

“Jimin I—,”

“I’m going back to Canada tomorrow,” Jimin said, not even looking at Jungkook, he couldn’t hear it now. He was scared that he might want to stay.

“I’ll wait,” Jungkook pleaded, hands twitching to reach out for Jimin’s but couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“I don’t know when I’ll be back, I don’t even know if I’ll be back at all.”

Jungkook felt his mind going numb along with the feeling of his heart cracking before breaking into pieces. He wanted to scream, to reach out for Jimin, hug him close and beg for another chance.

And before Jungkook could reach out to Jimin’s hand, the older was already standing up, muttering a soft ‘sorry’, before walking away hurriedly, leaving Jungkook frozen on his seat. He couldn’t feel his legs, he couldn’t feel anything at all as he let Jimin walk further and further away from him.

Did it feel like this? Did it feel like this when Jimin was running after him back then? When he waited for Jungkook to show up, holding his camera tightly, waiting for hours just to catch a glimpse of him. Did it feel like this when all he could do was watching Jungkook’s back moving further and further away without even looking back at him once?

Had he knew that he was going to be so desperately in love with the short guy holding a black canon camera with his small fingers, Jungkook would have treated him better. Jungkook wouldn’t act like the fucking celebrity he was, pretending that he didn’t notice him, pretending he didn’t look for Jimin among all his fans behind his sunglasses, pretending that his heart didn’t pound frantically each time he met Jimin’s eyes, pretending he didn’t feel giddy inside each time he thought of how Jimin was watching him carefully behind his lens.

 

43.

When he stopped, Jimin was already inside the mansion, far enough from Jungkook. He clenched his tie right above his pounding heart, his breathing was erratic as he tried inhaling more air in his lungs. He was glad that he at least managed to hold back his tears in front of Jungkook.

“Jimin?”

Jimin didn’t need to turn to know who it was, he heard the sound of hurried steps coming closer to him until finally a firm hand touched his shoulder.

“What happened?” Seokjin asked cautiously while taking a look at Jimin’s face.

His brows knitted as soon as he saw his brother’s cheeks wet with tears.

“Jimin…” Seokjin called again, softer this time it didn’t sound demanding or interrogating, it was a comforting call because he had an idea of what probably just happened.

 

Seokjin drew circles on Jimin’s trembling back as they sat side by side in the living room, two cups of hot chamomile tea presented on the table but none of them touched them yet.

“It’s Jungkook, right?”

Jimin didn’t have any energy left to deny or to lie so he just nodded.

“Want to talk about it?”

Jimin had never talked about something like this to Seokjin, it was always Namjoon that he went to talk to. The reason was he hadn’t had many chances to see Seokjin, and he also still sort of felt uncomfortable talking about this matter with him. But Jimin didn’t have the heart to push Seokjin away or tell him to go and call Namjoon. He didn’t want Seokjin to feel that he wasn’t trusting him enough yet, it was partly true but maybe the reason for it was because he never gave Seokjin a chance to get closer.

“I rejected him…” Jimin mumbled with his head hanging low and hands clenched tightly.

“Then why do you look like this?”

He shook his head, not trusting his voice to come out since he felt like crying once again.

“Why are you making this complicated, Jimin?”

“It didn’t work four years ago hyung, it won’t work now,” Jimin swiped his nose with the back of his hand. He looked so much like a kid who got his toy snatched away and Seokjin couldn’t stop himself from stroking his hair.

“It’s different now, the scandal is long forgotten. You can start over,” Seokjin moved his hand to pat Jimin’s shoulder, “he suffered a lot too, give the kid a chance.”

“But his job…” Jimin looked up toward his brother, his cheeks red and wet with tears from all the silent crying.

Jimin watched as Seokjin retreated his hand from him to lean on the back of the sofa instead. He sighed long enough before he said, “Jungkook’s contract will end in a few months,” Seokjin stole a glance toward Jimin, wondering whether it was right for him to say it but couldn’t bring himself to stop, “he said he doesn’t want to renew it, he refused to look for another agency either.”

Jimin sucked a breath, he didn’t say anything and just continued to stare at Seokjin.

“It’s for you, he’s ready to let go of everything.”

Jimin hid his face under his palms, the words hadn’t really registered yet, he was still in denial, not really wanting to believe that Jungkook was willing to throw away his career for him, for someone like him.

“Jimin, do you know why I broke up with Namjoon?” Seokjin suddenly asked, sitting straight up again, “So that you can be with someone you love. I’m not saying you owe me anything, I just hope that you’ll be happy, you’ll find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.”

Hyung, I’m sorry.”

“If you’re sorry then go,” Seokjin gave him a reassuring smile as he pushed Jimin away gently.

“But Dad?”

Seokjin chuckled softly before wiping the edge of his eyes that somehow had gotten wet.

“Dad has been treating Jungkook like a son-in-law for the past four years.”

“What?”

Seokjin chuckled again before he shook his head, “We’ll talk about that later.”

 

44.

Jungkook had stayed inside his car for almost half an hour. He had wanted to leave but the tears wouldn’t stop and his hands wouldn’t stop trembling, he didn’t want to cause any accident by driving in such condition, he wasn’t that reckless so he decided to stay inside his car. His crying had subsided and he still felt suffocating but the flood of tears had somehow stopped.

The fact that Jimin just rejected him hit him like a thunderstorm, leaving his heart breaking into a million pieces, destroying every single dream he had all this time of having a future with Jimin.

Jimin took all of that, placing it inside a box before throwing it away deep into the ocean so Jungkook couldn’t reach it anymore.

Jungkook rested his head on the steering wheel, huffing and puffing in frustration. He didn’t know what to do. Everything he wanted to do had Jimin in it and without Jimin there was nothing for him, no present, no future, just nothing. Jungkook felt himself drowning, along with the box filled with his dreams that Jimin had thrown away. But Jungkook couldn’t despise Jimin, him drowning was his own fault for letting go of Jimin’s hand four years ago.

Jungkook didn’t realize that he had fell asleep when he heard a knock on his window right beside him. His vision was blurry and the parking lot lightning was so dimmed, he needed a few moments to recognize the person standing outside his door.

Jungkook gasped in shock. He froze on his leather seat for a brief moment, wondering whether he had really gone crazy or whether he was simply dreaming.  

And there was a knock again, louder this time. The person walked around in front to go to the door of the passenger seat.

“Open up Jungkook.”  

Jungkook’s hands just unconsciously unlocked the door. The man hurriedly stepped inside and sat beside him. Jungkook stared in awe, even under the dim light of the parking lot, or the blurriness of his vision Jimin still looked effortlessly handsome.

“Jimin…”

“I was looking for you everywhere.”

 

Jimin stole a few glances toward Jungkook, wanting to speak so much but not really knowing where to begin. He was sure that he had hurt Jungkook from how messed up Jungkook looked, how his nose and eyes were so red, and how his voice was rasp when he called Jimin’s name.

“What is it?” Jungkook finally asked in a half angry, half sulking tone. If they weren’t in such a serious situation Jimin would have cooed at how cute Jungkook was.

Jungkook knew he was being childish for sulking up and purposely sounding so distant but he couldn’t help himself, it was like an automatic defense mechanism he had each time his pride was being stomped mercilessly by someone.

“Jungkook…”

Jungkook wished he had more resistant but Jimin’s voice that softly called him shattered that defense mechanism like it was nothing.

“Don’t quit because of me,” Jimin said pleadingly while reaching out for Jungkook’s hand, placing his palm on the back of Jungkook’s hand. The words sounded familiar in Jungkook’s ears, how after four years he still had to listen to the same words from Jimin, like nothing changed and it was making him angry.

“Jimin, I’m not that stupid immature 20 years old I was four years ago. I’m a grown up, I fucking know what I want in my life and I know I made a mistake of letting you go four years ago and you don’t know how much I regretted it and how much I want you back but can’t bring myself to even knock on your apartment door because I am a fucking coward. That Jeon Jungkook that everyone loves and idolizes is a fucking loser who couldn’t even tell someone he loves to stay. I’m not going back to that stupid Jeon Jungkook again, so don’t say that to me.”

Jungkook exploded with tears rolling down his cheeks once again, looking both frustrated and sad toward Jimin. Those words weren’t exactly directed to Jimin, they were for himself. It angered him more when he finally verbally expressed everything he had bottled up inside all this time because it felt like he finally admitted everything, like a criminal who finally confessed his crime, it felt relieving but humiliating at the same time.

Jimin stared at him with his lips parted, then he smiled, he smiled so softly toward Jungkook like he did years ago. He squeezed Jungkook’s hand and Jungkook finally landed his gaze on Jimin with another set of tears running down his cheeks.

Jimin was still smiling, so adoringly like nothing else mattered.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry,” Jungkook shook his head slightly. He placed his other hand on top of Jimin’s and squeezed back.

“I’m a coward too, I couldn’t ask you to stay, I pretended to be okay with it. I stayed with the ticket in my hand inside my car on the parking lot of the venue where you had your concert, I couldn’t bring myself to go I was scared of seeing your face, I was scared because I might just call your name, I might want to go back,” Jimin was calmer, he spoke slowly, one syllable after another like he had it practiced a few times before.

“We’re just a bunch of cowards pretending to be adults,” Jimin added before he wiped the tears on Jungkook’s cheek gently with his free hand.

Jungkook finally let out a small sad smile. He loved how Jimin’s fingertips felt on his skin, how warm and loving his touch was. He wasn’t really sure where this conversation was going, or why Jimin was here with him right now, but for now he’d just go back being a kid and enjoy being indulged by Jimin while he could. Jungkook leaned into the touch as he closed his eyes.

“Jungkook…” Jimin called and Jungkook opened his eyes to stare back at him.

“If, if you really mean it I—I’m willing to try,” Jimin stopped his movement, placing both of his hands on his laps as he stared straight in front, “but I still have a lot to do, I need to go back to Canada, I don’t know when I’ll be here again but Jungkook—“

Jimin didn’t get to finish as his body was getting pulled closer toward Jungkook. Their bodies bumped as Jungkook hugged him tightly.

“I’ll wait. I’ve waited four years, I can do more,” Jungkook stated with no hint of hesitation, he buried his face in Jimin’s shoulder, almost crying again but stopped when he heard Jimin’s hearty giggles fill the inside of his car. His chest felt light, he breathed in Jimin’s scent contently while giving Jimin’s back a few gentle strokes.

“Thank you,” Jungkook added, tightening his hold even more.

Jimin pushed him away gently and stared at those pair of black eyes. Then, he smiled brightly, the brightest smile he showed Jungkook ever since they met again. He cupped Jungkook’s cheeks with both of his hands as he leaned closer and placed a chaste soft kiss on his lips.

Jungkook giggled, he just giggled between all the pecks Jimin placed all over his face. He found the box once again, Jimin brought it back to him.

“Thank you,” he stared deeply at Jimin, smiling softly as he grabbed Jimin’s wrist and pulled him onto his laps. He rested his forehead on Jimin’s for a moment and stared at those pair of mesmerizing eyes. Jungkook placed his hand on Jimin’s nape and pulled him closer so their lips met as he kissed him like he had never kissed him before. He missed the feeling of Jimin’s soft plump lips on his. He tugged Jimin’s lower lips gently before he tasted the inside with his tongue as soon as Jimin parted his lips.

Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s neck, tilting his head to the side while kissing him back with the same passion. He let out a soft moan when Jungkook hugged his waist to bring him closer so their hips touched, grinding delicately with each other’s.

Jungkook groaned when Jimin unconsciously placed more pressure on his hips. Everything felt desperate and hot while they grinded their hips in unison. Jungkook could feel their half hardness under the thin fabrics of their slacks so he unwillingly pulled away from Jimin and softly chuckled when Jimin cutely whined that the kiss had to halt.

“Back seat…” Jungkook whispered as he caressed Jimin’s flushed cheeks. It took a while for Jimin before the words registered and he only respond with a soft ‘oh’ then he nodded shyly.

Jungkook didn’t wait any longer as he unlocked the door and pulled Jimin with him toward the back seat.

Before Jimin knew it, he was already on top of Jungkook. The younger laid on his back on the soft black leather seat, his mind was in a buzz and his thoughts were only filled with the man above him, looking at him with so much love and lust. Jimin had his hands on each side of Jungkook’s head, he cautiously leaned down to place a soft quick kiss on Jungkook’s forehead unlike the kiss they had a moment before. Jungkook cupped his face with his big hands before he pulled Jimin toward him and their lips reunited in another round of heated desperate kisses filled with tongue and saliva. Jimin was back on grinding his hips down to meet Jungkook’s. He let out a breathy moan between their kisses while Jungkook was busy unbuttoning his dress shirt.

Both their torso had been bared with their dress shirt thrown away. Jimin had his palm pressed on the glass window as Jungkook sucked and played with both of his pink hard nipples. With a bit of struggle Jungkook managed to rid Jimin of his slacks and underwear at the same time. The light was dimmed but despite that, Jungkook could still see Jimin’s figure, he had some more muscles but his skin was still so soft. He couldn’t really see Jimin’s blushing face, but he was sure that Jimin was burning red now. Jungkook didn’t waste any more time from ridding himself from the remaining pieces of clothes as Jimin was busy kissing him with so much eagerness, he didn’t know before that Jimin could be this needy, not like he hated it.

“Jimin…” Jungkook called as he rubbed Jimin’s side gently.

Jimin looked at him with half lidded eyes while answering him only in a soft hum.

“Here, I don’t have lube,” Jungkook brought three of his fingers in front of Jimin’s swollen lips, the older was looking hesitant for a while before he complied and opened his mouth, licking Jungkook’s fingers thoroughly almost like he was enjoying himself.

“That’s enough.”

 

 

Jimin grunted in a mix of pain and pleasure when Jungkook finally was two fingers inside him.

“You’re so tight…” Jungkook said as he moved his fingers slowly inside of Jimin.

“I… haven’t done this in a long time,” Jimin said breathlessly as he grabbed Jungkook’s shoulder.

“How long?” Jungkook asked in a teasing tone.

“Four years…”

Jungkook inserted another finger to stretch him more. Jimin moaned rather loudly when Jungkook’s long finger touched his prostate, making his body shudder before he dropped himself on Jungkook.

“Just me?” Jungkook asked again, he smiled brightly, pumping with pride knowing that he was the only one who could wreck Jimin so much like this.

“Hmm?” He asked once more when Jimin didn’t answer him and just kept panting on his shoulder.

“Jungkook…” Jimin whined as he pushed himself on Jungkook’s fingers when the male stopped.

“Here,” Jungkook pulled him away and lifted his hips.

Jimin brought himself down slowly, letting Jungkook inside of him. He groaned in pain when the tip finally entered him, he forgot how painful it actually was. But Jimin didn’t stop and proceeded to bring himself down, engulfing Jungkook more and more in a steady slow pace even though his eyes were brimming with tears. 

Jungkook wiped his tears away while rubbing a soothing circle on his back, holding his hands with their fingers intertwined with each other.

Jimin stayed still to take a breath once Jungkook was fully seated inside him, trying to get used to the shape. He leaned down to hurriedly place a kiss on Jungkook’s lips before he lifted himself up and back down so slowly. Jungkook watched in awe as Jimin bit his bottom lip in concentration, trying to maintain his pace while the pain slowly subsided and was replaced by pleasure.

He moaned in ecstasy as he picked his pace with Jungkook moving his hips along with him. Jungkook frantically pounding on his prostate had Jimin shuddering continuously. He was coming closer to his end. He clawed Jungkook’s chest and his body trembled and twitched before he came on both his and Jungkook’s abdomen along with a long and breathless moan. Jungkook came right after him, spurting inside Jimin with a gratified grunt.

Jimin thought he probably passed out for a moment there because he felt himself blanking out before finally feeling Jungkook carding through his hair and calling his name softly.

He hummed in response but kept his head on Jungkook’s chest with his eyes still closed.

“Jimin…”

“Hmm?”

“I love you,” Jungkook knew, it was sappy, confessing his love after having sex, but as sappy as it was, he couldn’t find a more appropriate time to declare it.

Jimin just giggled softly on his chest, probably thinking the same but soon he lifted his head to stare at Jungkook, showing his crescent-like eye smile, half mumbling ‘Love you too’.

Jimin also didn’t think there was any better way or time to say it.

 

45.

“Fuck, I can’t believe they did it inside the car,” Yoongi grumbled as he flicked the cigarette in his hand.

“Let them be hyung,” Namjoon chuckled softly while he leaned back against one of the cars inside the parking lot, just a few cars away from his car that was unfortunately right beside Jungkook’s.

They both were sitting on the floor and Yoongi had his third cigarette already as both of them waiting for Jimin and Jungkook to finally finish whatever they did inside the car (“sex, it’s sex, the car wouldn’t shake that much if they’re just talking,” Yoongi protested when Namjoon said they were probably just talking).

“I want to go home.”

Namjoon let out another soft giggle before he stopped when Yoongi glared at him.

“Shut up.” 

 

46.

“I know you guys are probably sad and disappointed of my decision, I can’t express with words how much I’m thankful for your support all this time, for everything you guys had done for me. Trust me, you’re all special, every one of you has this special place inside my heart. And I’m sorry if I make you sad with this. Once again I’m so sorry.”

Jungkook could hear some screaming and some calling his name, some were crying, he almost cried too but he still had a lot to say so he held himself back.

“This isn’t a decision I took impulsively. I didn’t come up with this just because I’m sick of it or because I’m bored. I thought about this for years, for the last eight years I stood on stage, that it was the most important thing. But just like you guys, I’m a human too, I have something I want to protect. And I’m willing to let go of everything for it. This may sound selfish, and once again I’m sorry, I can’t help but being selfish. Will you guys forgive me?”

The sound of ‘yes’ echoed throughout the stadium and Jungkook thought how lucky he was to have a lot of people giving him support and love so much.

“I’ll keep making music and pass it through another singer, and I hope you’ll always look after me, don’t worry I’ll be happy so I hope you’ll be happy too. This is Jeon Jungkook, thank you very much.”

Jungkook bowed full 90 degree, turning to each side where his fans stood and gave another bow. He finally was letting out the tears he held back before he wiped them right away with the back of his hand.

“This will be the last song, Save Me.”

 

47.

Jimin sat in the VIP area, moving his fingers fast with each of Jungkook’s movements. He missed this, just being an ordinary fan of Jungkook, admiring the boy behind his lens. The shuttering sound coming from either his camera or the other’s along with the flashing light brought back so much memory to him. How he ran out of his house, renting a rundown apartment while making money from selling Jungkook’s pictures. How back then he didn’t understand anything about his family and that being a chaebol actually wasn’t easy at all despite all the money thrown at him. Back then he didn’t know how much Seokjin cared about him, how much he sacrificed for Jimin. He didn’t know that his dad was more than a strict scary president of a big group, that his dad was just a big teddy bear who cared about him so much that he greeted him with a smile when Jimin went back home with his hand holding tightly onto Jungkook’s. Jimin wouldn’t agree when people said that money can’t buy happiness because let’s be real it sure does, but sometimes, happiness comes from something that’s too precious to be valued by money.

Everything changed, but one thing that never did was how much he loved the man who smiled at him through his camera lens.

He’d keep all the photobooks he made to show their children later how cool their dad was.

 

48.

Ms. S, wife of the Park Group’s President’s son caught in an affair with her colleague, divorce request will be filled soon.

 

END

Notes:

i'm sorry, i don't have any more excuses, basically just me being shitty at update, feel free to hate me but please show this fic some love. thank you so much for you guys who supported and love and wait for this story, i couldn't thank you guys enough for everything :')

Notes:

tell me what you think about it (go easy on me, i'm very fragile lol).
i'll post the next chapter as soon as possible ^^
thank you for reading.