Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2016-10-13
Updated:
2021-08-18
Words:
19,112
Chapters:
11/?
Comments:
1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
141

The Grim adventures of Ginny Weasley- Messy WIP

Summary:

Will update later. This is gonna be harry potter cross over with grim adventures.

Notes:

This is gonna be a real rough version of the story that i want to write. Like SUPER rough.
Mainly posting cause I won't write it otherwise.
Also I will edit chapters at random points. At a later stage when I've written enough, I'll go back and re write everything so it's actually nice.

Chapter 1: Uh

Chapter Text

 This starts the morning of the day when Ron goes off to Hogwarts, lots of hustle and bustle, everyone's busy and the house is alive with noise. Ginny is super excited to see the boys of and see the train and have a fun day out with her mother as was tradition. 

The twins are up early making jokes with each other while they finish their packing before breakfast. Trying to figure out which of their holiday projects should be taken with them to school for completion and which were not yet worth their time and would require more study before another attempt to get them to work. 

Percy was up not long after the twins, double checking his trunk  quickly before he headed to the bathroom, knowing that it would be hard to get in a shower later in the morning. 

Molly was already downstairs getting everything ready for breakfast for the kids and ^A/N I'll have to look this up I'm pretty sure Arthur wasn't with them to drop the kids off^ waving Arthur off at the door.

"I'll see you for lunch as usual? " he asked as he stepped out. 

"Yes dear, I'll do some quick shopping with Ginny after I see the boys off. " as Molly said this she gave Arthur a small smile.  "They're all growing up so fast I won't know what to do with a house so quiet. "Arthurs expression softened as he stepped back towards the house and gave his wife a quick hug.  "You'll be fine dear, Bill mentioned that he would visit soon after his latest trip. "

More heart felt conversation is made and then Molly is waving  Arthur off as he leaves to the alteration apperstion point.  

Ginny is slowly woken by the yelling coming from the twins room, she was tempted to let herself fall back asleep but the delicious smell coming from the kitchen let her know that there were better uses of her time. She quickly threw on her dressing gown and briefly brushed her hair before skipping down the stairs to the kitchen. 

"Morning mu-" 

"Ginny be a dear and set the table would you" Molly asked without looking away from the various dishes of food she was cooking.  Ginny gave a small huff before slowly walking over and getting the plates out for breakfast. 

More things probably boring ones and a bit of convo about how excited Ginny is. 

Percy comes down and sets his trunk by the front door, dressed nicely in his standard school uniform.  ^A/N I think Percy is a perfect this year too?^ as he comes into the kitchen he makes sure to polish his prefect badge,  smiling at Ginny. "Perce are you excited for your first prefect meeting? !"

"Of course ginbug.it's a serious responsibility that I've been given"
Some more light banter between the two while Ginny finishes setting the table.
Molly asks percy to go wake up Ron And he grumbles about his lazy brother as he walks off.
Molly asks Ginny to make sure she stays out of the way so that the boys can get ready in time.
Ginny huffs.

One of the twins comes down and helps finish putting the food on the table and ruffles ginnys hair before sitting and loading up his plate. After some muffled yelling upstairs Percy comes down and joins them st the table.
More breakfast stuff including the other twin taking all the hot water and making Ron mad and Molly telling Ron off for not packing already


Uh they finally are all ready to leave Ginny is bouncing at the door waiting for everyone to get out.
I have no clue how they get to the train station. Maybe via floo? Or car? But I'm pretty sure they didn't have the car yet...
Either way they get to the train and Ginny can't stop babbling In excitement, pointing at all the funny looking muggles
scene from the book where they meet harry.
The twins hug Ginny and offer her a toilet seat and Ron runs off without saying anything. Percy gives her a smile and ruffles her hair telling her to be good while he's gone.
Ginny waves like crazy st them and runs along the platform as it leaves.
She eventually comes back to Molly out of breath and still very excited

Molly gives a watery smile  before looking down at Ginny putting her hand on her shoulders. "Alright dear we'll go get some shopping done before we meet your father for lunch"

Gonna try have Molly talk to some other parents here but no idea who. Also want Ginny to talk to a kid here too.  But Luna won't be there and I don't know who else.  Maybe the younger green grass girl?  Yeah might be her. They were a grey family I'm pretty sure.  They can chat for a while about siblings going to Hogwarts and that they are looking forward to going the next year. Mini green grass will mention that she's gonna be bored without Astoria but is gonna try read up all her spells! Ginny says they don't have extra copies of the books but that her mum's gonna teach her stuff this year! And that she's gonna get to help with the potion making! 

Molly calls out for Ginny and she waves at her new friend before skipping back over to her mother. 

 Brief shopping trip through diagon alley for some cheap house based transfiguration and charms books, to some out of the way potions places for cheap ingredients, an ice cream for Ginny. Ginny stares at the pretty shop wanting something cute, tells Ginny that they can't, not right now, we've already got erroll and scabbers to look after. 

Ginny replied but scabbers is with Ron! At Hogwarts! The house elves will look after him! Molly shakes her head and distracts Ginny with the offer of an ice cream. Ginny grumbles and accept, eating it unhappily for the first half. 

They then make they way out into muggle London where they go to some cheap clothing stores and Ginny gets a new dress and two new shirts with the promise that she'll do extra house work for them. She happily agrees and starts to forget about wanting a pet. They visit a local grocery store and buy a selection of fresh herbs,spices and cooking materials Molly whispers to Ginny that it's cheaper to buy these here in muggle London than in diagon alley. And that these ones she would plant in their garden. 

Ginny helped carry the groceries out the store so they could find some where to shrink them away from the prying eyes of muggles. It was then a brief walk to the ministry where they would meet arthur for lunch. Ginny moaned at wanting to catch the night bus there but from the look get mother gave her she knew it wasn't worth the money it would cost.

As always Ginny gaped at the lavish entry room to the ministry, looking at all the people b scurrying around and wondering where they were going. She was always curious about how things worked even if she didn't often find out the answer.  

"Mum mum are we going toFloo to dad's office or take the elevator? Or is he waiting for us? Can I look around while we wait? Oh wow did you see that eagle owl? It was so pretty!  I wish I could have  A pretty pet like that! Mum do you think after errol we can get one of those? " Molly chuckled at her daughter's antics and gently pulled her towards the reception counter.  

Molly smiled as she neared the lady at the reception desk "hello Enid! How's the day treating you? "

The lady, Enid apparently, looked up from hert work with a slightly surprised look on her face "oh Molly! Hello hello! The day had just began so busy as ever"she tittered.

Molly waved her hand at her "knowing you you'll be done by noon and looking for more to do! " the two ladies shared a laugh as Ginny looked around, uninterested at the conversation, It was much the same all the other times she'd come to the ministry.

Molly and Enid chatted for a bit before Enid gave them their visitors passes so they could head off to Arthur's office.  The elevator ride was quick if a bit bumpy or jerky and they were soon walking through a row of offices with Molly popping her head in to say hello to various people here and there.  

Ginny stops to look at a thing crawling on someone's wall Molly calls for her to follow as they get near the correct office. 

Arthur has a little bit of work to finish and while waiting Molly helps clean up a little and files some of his stuff.  Ginny sits on a chair kicking her legs back and forth as she looks at three latest things to have joined get fathers collection.

Arthur talks about something ministry important and Molly asks about someone in the office. Maybe Kinsle.

Arthur grins add he puts down his pen dating something like come on ginbug time for lunch!  Ministry or muggle today?

 They decide to go to a muggle place in part because it's cheaper. 

At the place Molly and Arthur talk about what Molly is planning to do with her free time.  She mentions the new books and revamping the house along with potion making, teaching Ginny some small things and something else small that I haven't thought of yet.  Visiting friends? I kinda want to give Molly a small job to help make money and cause wtf else is she gonna do with her time with only one kid and soon no kids at home. 

They have an enjoyable time eating  before Arthur has to hurry back to work.  Molly takes Ginny back to the leaky cauldron so that they can floo home. Ginny thinks she sees something weird in the corner of her eye.

They get home, Molly tells Ginny to do some chores, like washing and helping clean up after breakfast before she can relax and enjoy herself. 

Ginny grumbled but her mum is like the faster you finish the faster you can relax! So she 

How do wizards do washing?! They wouldn't have washing machines. Maybe like old school with those weird roller things? Or a potion? Or a spell?

Maybe I'll just get her to collect the washing and then wash the dishes instead.  And then help hang stuff up outside. While outside she hears a little meeting sound but can't find the source, she ends up believing it's just a gnome or a bird and goes back inside. 

She runs up to her room and throws her bags on the bad before getting the old wand she had taken from the attic. Using it to pretend that she was at Hogwarts and casting spells and telling Snape that he should wash his hair (as that's what her brothers say all the time) 

She decides to try some spells with the wand to practice and show that she's ready to go to Hogwarts! A few fail but suddenly sparks fly out and she gasps in surprise, "Ron! I did real magic! Ron!  She hurries to his room only to find it empty. Not used to being all alone Ginny falls onto rons bed.  She's gonna be a bit sad.  This scene will be moved to the next chapter I feel. 

So instead of doing magic she's gonna tire herself out and read for a while.  Then she'll play with some dolls for a bit before asking her mum if she can fly on the broom for a bit.  Molly says no cause she's busy and can't keep an eye on her

 Ginny huffs back to her room and ends up sleeping for a bit. She's woken for a quite dinner and decides to go to bed early cause she's still tired after her nap. 

Molly and Arthur bid her goodnight and say that they should hear from one of thee boys tomorrow about their first day.  Ginny hugs her mum before slowly heading back to bed. 

Chapter 2: Umm

Chapter Text

Alright so the last chapter ended the first day where Ron leaves for Hogwarts. 

This chapter is gonna lead up to Ginny being a lonely child.  

Molly will be teaching her penmanship, manners, etiquette, some standard stuff for potion making. She will also have chores you do like helping I  the garden, washing dishes helping with washing clothe,dusting. 

 

So it'll start of with a summary of ginnys first week alone. The next few days went past In a flurry for Ginny. Her mother had say her down the day after the boys had left and went over what she would be doing for the first part of the year. Most of it was etiquette and house related such as learning manners, how to best use a quill, and the basics of potion making. Ginny would have a bigger part of the chores this year so that she could eventually learn the spells her mother used to keep everything tidy. 

the first week started slow with the two just settling into an easy rhythm. 

Ginny would wake ib the morning and help her mother make breakfast for the three of them and would join get mother in seeing her father off. Then she would help clean the kitchen, Molly would usually take the time to talk about the spells she used I  the kitchen, telling her daughter stories about when she had first been taught by her own mother. 

Molly would usually take this time to walk Ginny through the starting process for household potions. Telling her the correct herbs and plants to use, the proper way to cut each piece and why they needed to be cut just so. 

After helping to prepare ingredients Ginny would pop back up stairs to tidy herself up and play in her room for a bit while her mother started the potion. Usually they made things healing salves and pepper up potion. Small things that would help keep the family well.

Ginny would usually spend some time playing before her mother would bring her back downstairs to read through some of her brothers old books. She would ask her mother many questions while she finished off her potion making, things like what's the best way to hold your wand? What happens if I flick and swish instead? What does this weird mean?  Can I use your wand to practice?! The last was always meet with a tender smile and a small shake of the head. "Not till later dear"

They would have a quick lunch before heading out to tend to the garden. Molly took care to show Ginny which plants took best to sunlight and which thrived in the dark. She would tell her daughter how to tell when the plants started dying and how to prune  them when needed . All the plants in their garden were either edible and used door dinner or useful for potion making. 

As Ginny entered her second week of being the only child not at hogwarts, she noticed her mother was making her spend even more time with her. She had upped the amount of time they spent on etiquette as well as going through her brothers old books more thoroughly. At first Ginny flourished with the one on one attention, loving being able to spend time with her Mother, learning extra things that the boys probably hadn't been taught. Her brothers had always wanted to play, spending as little time as possible taking part of their mothers lessons. 
She would have preferred this as well, often finding herself missing Ron, and the twins, however Ginny was looking forward to attending Hogwarts and going through her mothers lessons was the closest she could get at the moment. 

 Not sure how to write this next sequence. Basically Ginny starts understanding enough of the stuff Molly is teaching that Molly decides she doesn't have to be there every second of the day, and worries that she's getting on ginnys nerves. Maybe there's a bit where I  the third week they start to bicker with each other and everything they do is wrong and starts a fight.  So then Arthur would be like, yo, maybe find a hobby? And Molly is all how dare you! But yeah alright. 

So then she plans to do some work on the house. In my universe Molly is very smart andthrifty and knows how to work things on a tight budget. So she plans to re do the rooms starting with bills as he's the oldest and less likely to be upset to have all his stuff moved.  This is gonna be her first personal project through the year, giving Ginny more time to herself cause hanging out with a kid sounds boring as fuck after a while. 

Alright hmm. So I want Ginny and Luna to be sort of friends.  Maybe I have a sequence between Molly leaving Ginny alone more where she goes and visits Luna a few times, so that way she's getting spoilt for attention between her mother and her friend m but then Luna goes on holiday or  a trip with her dad so she's starting to hey lonely again and then overbearing Molly turns into project Molly and Ginny starts getting lonely. Yeah.  I'll do that. 

Ginny stared up at her ceiling, trying to think of something to do. She'd already finished reading the latest chapter in the potion boo her mother had given her but she wasn't allowed to try making it by herself in case she made a mistake.  She turned over to look at her dolls sitting beside her on the bed but she wasn't in the mood to play with them,there were only so many adventures she could make up on her own. 

Ginny rolled off her bed, stomping on her way to find her mother in the hopes of curing her boredom.  She eventually found her in bills room, sitting on the bed surrounded by old books. "Mum, what're you doing? "

"I'm planning out bills room dear. All the spell work has to be done just so to make it last. There have been quite a few work improvements since I last went over the house."

"Can I help mum?!"Ginny beamed up at her mother while asking this.

"I'm sorry dear, it's a bit too advanced for you right now, but when I get to your and rons rooms you can help me plan out what you want done." Molly smiled down at her daughter's eagerness to help and chuckled when she huffed and narrowed her eyes.  "Why don't you head outside and tend the garden if you'd like to help, and you can gather the herbs for tomorrow's potion, we'll be making another batch of *some fancy sounding name for a cleaning potion*"

"But I want to help you! "Ginny huffed again. 

"You'll be a big help  if you can do this for me dear, it'll mean we won't have to take extra time tomorrow."Molly patted ginnys shoulder before going back to reading the book in front of her.  Ginny rolled her eyes and stomped her way down stairs. "Don't want to get the stupid herbs. I wanna help with bills room!" She angrily grabbed the shabby old book from the kitchen that contained the list of ingredients for tomorrow's potion and slammed the door open to head out to the garden and slammed it again when she heard her mother yell in protest at the sound. 

She shoved her feet into her gum boots and scuffed her feet along the ground towards the garden, still grumbling about how unfair ir was and that she could help. 

After she finished placing the herbs she had picked on the table and throwing the old book beside it Ginny went back outside, slowly scuffing her feet as she went.  She made her way to the old tree by her father's she'd that has had a rope swing attached to it many years ago.  She sat down and slowly rocked back and forwards, letting the gentle breeze flow through her hair. It was a lot quieter by herself. She used to love getting away from her brothers to play by herself, finding out fun when she found the best spot for hide and seek and googling to herself as her brothers took forever to find her.

 but it wasn't the same as always being on her own.She had no choice in the matter and couldn't just decide that she wanted company. Pretend dueling with her dolls just wasn't the same. 

Chapter 3

Summary:

More lonely Ginny, introduction of cat

Chapter Text

Ginny spent more and more time by herself as her mother devoted more time to redoing the house trying to ensure everything was done perfectly. 

Ginny had finished reading through  a few of the books her mother had given her to review. The youngsters guide to wand waving had been interesting, mentioning things like the best ways to hold your wand and the standard motions most spells used, and even going so far as to briefly touch on the makeup of some of the more basic spells. Some of the book had gone over her head and her mother's explanations didn't always clarify what had her confused. 

The potions book was her favourite so far even though it was one of the thinner books and focused entirely on history and theory. It contained plenty of stories of potions going wrong and famous explosions by an incompetent hand. Her favorite story in the book was one where a witch had been trying to create an improvement on an old heading potion and her rival tried to sabotage the potion but it ended up blowing up on their face! She had talked quiet animatedly to her father about that one for a while. (Arthur had chuckled at his daughter'santics) 

She was currently reading the most boring book I  the world, trying to force herself to finish the page so she could go out and play. No matter how much Ginny protested her mother was still forcing her to read through 'lovely little ladies and the path to prosperity' it was all about how to act in different sections ofsociety. How to handle our hold yourself during a formal dinner. Who she should dance with first at a party. Which fork to use at dinner and how to politely rebuff Ann unwanted suitors affection. 

Ginny really didn't care about most of this stuff and didn't really think she would be getting invited to many important events where this stuff would come in handy. 

Ginny sighed and closed the book she had been pretending to read, looking around to check her mother want around before hurrying out the door. She quickly stuffed her feet in her boots before making her way to the tree by her father's shed. She sat down on the swing she had occupied for most of the past two weeks. It has a nice view over the boundary of their house and into the forest that was nearby and when she got the swing going really high she could pretend she was flying. 

 In this section i need to have more parts showing happy people to compare them to Ginny being sad and lonely. 

I'll put the scene of Ginny playing with the wand in this one and also Ginny reading a letter sent from Ron where he's super excited and has made friends with harry and that he sends a few to start and then he stops. I'll put two letters in the previous chap and two more in this, the letters will slowly get shorter. 

She'll also get three from the twins along with their mini toilet seat. That will be with the third onethen there will be silence. She'll ask every day for a week before she then just asks every other day and then eventually stops asking, no smile on her face when she sees errol.

There will also be a few more scenes of Ginny playing with her self happily in chap 2 and then a scene where her mum tells her to play with herself after Ginny asking if they could play together and she just kind of walks off sadly. 

After a while playing sadly by herself she'll start to read more (and then the book scene written above can come In) And then the scene where she's sitting by herself outside. 

Then a scene where her mum puts her to bed but Ginny can hear her taking happily to get dad and she cries herself too sleep feeling really lonely. 

Molly isn't really noticing anything wrong with her daughter's mood and is happy to give her time alone while she works on the house. 

Ginny spends more time out in the garden by herself, sitting on the swing and reading under the tree. 

Needs to be another sad lonely scene in here. Or maybe the crying herself too sleep scene. Maybe she heard her parents talking about how happy Molly seems and that she's really enjoying the work. The next morning Molly will notice Ginny looking a bit sad at breaky even with her fave food on the table. She asks her if she's alright "you can talk to me dear, I'll always be here for you" Ginny thinks about telling Molly that she was lonely and sad but she when she looked up at how happy her mum looked she just shook her head."thanks mum but i-I'm alright just tired"

Molly ran her hand through her daughter's hair and smiled at her "alright dear. We'll go over your books this arvo alright? " Ginny nodded and gave her a big smile as she walked out of the kitchen although her face dropped as soon as she could no longer see her mother. 

 

One daywhile sitting underneath her (add she had claimed it now) tree she heard a soft noise coming from nearby. She decided that she had enough time before she went back inside to investigate and slowly got up from her spot. She checked to see if she could see get mum before opening the back gate and quietly slipped out of their back yard.

She hid behind a few bushes to make sure she wasn't spotted and to try listen for the sound again. She hoped it wasn't just a garden gnome,she wasn't strong enough to throw them very far. 

She sat behind the bushes for  a while, waiting for the rustling to start so she knew where to look. a few minutes passed on silence with Ginny starting to believe she's been hearing things. 

The thought of giving up crossed her mind but she really didn't want to keep reading that awful book . 

Her eyes lit up in excitement when she heard the rustling again,creeping slowly towards the sound and trying to part the bushes as silently as possible.  (if it was something dangerous she didn't want it to realize she was there) she tried not to gasp when she saw a teeny tiny black kitten playing with it's mother.  a huge smile grew on her face looking on at the cuteness.

 

Note Ginny will try approach the kitten three times, two after this, and two times in between she  will just watch them for a bit

She took a step out of the bushes kneeling down to try and pat them When the mother cat ran forward and took a swipe at Ginny, hissing at the young girl. Ginny fell back in surprise and watched as the two cats fled the area. 

Tears started forming in her eyes, she only wanted to be friends! 

Molly heard the sound of the door slamming open followed by Ginny crying loudly. startled, Molly quickly went downstairs to find out what happened. She found Ginny curled up on the couch, crying onto the pillows. Slowly sitting beside get daughter as to not startle her she gently asked if she was alright.  "Ginny dear what happened, are you hurt? " she could only hear her daughter sniffling, unable to make out any words. 

Molly add ed a slightly stem tone to her voice as she repeated her question "Ginny, are you hurt"

She let out a soft sigh if relief as her daughter shook her head .

It took a while fort Ginny to calm down enough to explain what had happened, her mother holding her close and running he hand down her to comfort her. After her tears started to stop Molly lent back and gently raised her daughter's head to look in her eyes. 

"It's okay ginbug, you didn't do anything wrong I promise you. They were probably  just startled by you"

"But I just wanted to see them! I didn't want to scare then!"

"I know dear, it was probably just their animal instincts. If you see them again just walk slowly and softly, just loud enough that they can hear yo.That way they'll know your coming." Ginny sighed and nodded her head, wondering if they would ever come back. 

Chapter 4

Summary:

More cats. Idk what else

Chapter Text

Ginny started spending even more time reading outside underneath her tree, with her hopes high that she would meet the cats again. 

Every so often she would take a break from her books to wonder through the yard,  peeking over the fence to see if she could find them. 

 

She meets the little one by itself and plays for a few minutes before the mother cat scrambles in. Both cats walk away from her. 

Next time she sees them she approaches slowly,  sitting at a tree near by, slowly moving closer till she's washing right next to them.  The mother car tolerates this for a while before leaving as usual. 

The kitten is slowly getting bigger and is starting to approach her for a pat when she does. The first time it does this her face lights up with joy and she can't stop speaking about it at dinner. That night her mum asks if she's given it a nickname.  Ginny is stumped thinking about the perfect name

Ginny is out playing with the kitten, the mother cat walked away some time ago, it's the longest she's ever left the kitten with Ginny. When her mum calls her in to help with dinner she realizes that the mother cat still isn't back. "Stay here cat name" she says softly, jogging back to they house. "Mum, I can't find mother cat name. She's usually back by now"

"I'm sure they'll be fine, come help with dinner" Ginny stares out the door for a while 

"Alright but I'm checking on them after dinner!" Her mother sighs but doesn't argue. 

 

cats are fine, ginny plays with them more

big storm comes in and means she cant go outside for like a couple of days, and when she finally can, she cant find the cats. Ginny convinces her mum to come looking with her and eventually they find the kitten next to an unmoving mum cat. Molly lets out a small "oh, oh dear" as she gently reaches out to ginny. She was reaching out towards teh cats, the kitten mewing sadly, but the mother cat continued to lay on the ground.
"Mum, I- I don't think shes breathing!"
"ginny dear, I'm sorry but," she paused unsure of how to word what needed to be said. "Ginny, why dont you take the kitten inside and warm it up next to the fire. I'll be with you in a minute dear"

Ginny looked up at her mum, tears starting to form in her eyes as she understood the implication. She tried to speak but couldn't manage to get the words out. Her hands reached out shakily to pick up the kitten for the first time and she started crying harder. Molly reached out and ran her hand through her daughters hair to soothe her, and tried to give her daughter the warmest smile she could muster. "Sometimes," she sighed. "Sometimes things don't happen how we want them to, but we can only go forward and do the best with a bad day."

Ginny was looking down at the kitten, still mewing for its mother and held it closer to herself. She nodded to her mother even though she didn't quite understand and started back towards the house, hiccuping behind her tears.

Molly watched her daughter go before turning back to the situation at hand, what to do with the mother cat.

 

Ginny looked up as her mum came inside, she was sitting by the hearth still holding the kitten in her arms, though it seemed as if it had tired itself out. Molly gave a soft smile as she sat next to her daughter and placed an arm round her shoulders, squeezing her to her side where her daughters tears started afresh.

 

 

**at this point I dont remember if any of the boys came home from the school breaks, or spent it all at hogwarts, so I'll plan about that later.
Also I think i'll try to condense this stuff all into like, two chapters once I actually finish all this jazz, cause like, dont need that much.**

 

Ginny gets better eventually, convinces her mum to keep the kitten, and is pretty happy now that she has someone to play with. so thats cool.

 

Idk what else is gonna happen yet, but reading through a quick timeline, imma go with the kitten dies the week before harry arrives at the burrow. Whcih would mean shes finally all back with borthers and being busy and what not, but spending more time with her little kitten, the boys dont really notice cause they are terrible. lol.

One day she cant find the kitten and is like wtf whered it go, but then something distracts her all day, her brothers being kind to her for once? idk yet. But then the next day she sees them going off into the garden, doesnt think much of it first, but when she decides to go looking for her kitten, she find them still there. Fred, George and Ron, crowded round the bushes arguing amonst themselves. She wonders over curiously, wondering what they had found.
Rons the first to notice her coming and he turns around, quickly gesturing over to her. "hey gin! come check this out! Its wicked gross!" Ginny scrunched up her face, not really wanting to see what they were looking at, especially as this kind of thing often turned out to be a prank.

She crossed her arms as she came closer, Fred looked over to her "I don't know that she'll want to see it Ickle Ronnie-kins" Ron scowled and pushed his brother, earning himself a push from George.
"We were trying to figure out what happened to it, looks like it got into a real bad fight with something and lost badly." George said over his shoulder towards her, "Freds right though, you don't want to see."

Ron stuck his tongue out at her when they said this, as if this made him any better than her, that he was old enough to be able to look but she wasn't.

"Thats not fair! Let me see!" She pushed past her older brothers to peer past Ron who said laughed "its so gross!"

Ginny lost all colour in her face as she finally saw what her brothers had been looking at. There, in a small dip in the ground, lay her kitten, covered in blood and not moving at all. She shakily reached out a hand towards it, her breath hitching.

"Aww gross! Ginnys gonna touch it!" Ron laughed, not noticing his sisters face. Fred and George, however did, sharing a frown with each other as they watched their sister and quickly looked at each other when she suddenly started crying. Ron, however, thought this all just proved that Ginny was still too young to play with them, unlike himself who had finally been off to hogwarts. "Hah! Its just some wild cat, no  need to get upset." he shoved her, looking up to the twins as if it were some great joke.

Ginny let out a loud wail, and dropped to her knees looking at the blood on her hands. Ron looked confused back at the twins, whose eyes were wide and dancing back and forth between each other. Fred finally motioned George towards the burrow and moved over to ginny, trying to pull her away. His attempts were met with screams, Ginny shouting "NO, GET AWAY!" over and over and she tried to push both Ron and Fred away from herself and the kitten. Ron sneered at her and walked back towards the house, mumbling to himself about telling on ginny as he held the scratches she had left on his arms.

Molly was in the kitchen when she heard her youngest screaming, throwing down the cooking she was doing and grabbing her wand. She rushed out of the back door just as one of the twins ran up to it. "What happened." She said in the sternest voice George had heard from her.

George rushed over his words, unsure himself what had really gone on "W-we found a dead cat in the garden, we were just looking at, it i swear mum! We found it that way! But then Ginny came over and she-she just started crying and screaming!"

Mollys face went from stern to sad as she put a hand on Georges shoulder. "Its alright, I'll go calm her down, you just go back inside for now dear."

 

Ginny was inconsolable. She spent the rest of the day in her room after she had cried herself tired with Molly in the garden. Molly had eventually managed to move her away and had picked her daughter up when her tears started to slow and her breathing even out. Ginny just closed her eyes and hugged her mum close as she was taken up to her bedroom.

The boys didnt see her again till lunch the next day, Ginny had eventually cried herself to sleep and didn't wake when Molly called for dinner, and her mother had decided to bring her breakfast up to her in her room.

She spent most of the week by herself, yelling at her Ron or the twins to go away if they tried to knock on her door. Ron still didn't seem to understand and gave up quickly on his sister.
It was Percy who was the first of the boys to be let into her room; his usual stern expression fading when he saw his little sister so upset. He spent half the day with her in her room, talking quietly to her and reading her favourite story of King Arthur.

She eventually started to leave her room more, but was quieter than she had been before the incident.

 

Then ron says somethinh insensitive idk what yet, and sets her off crying again. Thats when ron and the twins go pick up harry, ron manages to imply that she has no friends and that shes too stupid and baby like to come rescue harry, she was cryin all week over a stupid cat! She smacks ron in the face, and starts crying again, running back to her room just as the twins come out to ron. Twins are like, wtf dude, rude, but also sush, we  gotta be quiet with this!

 

So thats my explanation about why ginny is all embarrassed when she meets harry finally. Cause she comes downstairs the next morning for dinner, her eyes still red and tear stained.

Now that Harrys in the house, less reason for Ron to spend with Ginny, and thw twins and percy have to start getting ready for the new school year. Percy cause hes a prefect and the twins cause pranks.

Then they go to diagon alley, ginny gets the diary and eventually starts writing in it as shes all alone again.

Chapter 5

Summary:

God this thing is all over the place, but I might have finally figured out wtf I want to do with this? cause mostly this is just the idea that mandy comes to hogwarts like she did to toadblats.
Also she totes calls voldemort, moldybutt.

Chapter Text

So first year is gonna be a thing.

Mostly glossed over i guess, with hints of holy shit this small child is having her life ruined??

Like it'll start with her being sorted, shes so happy and sits between the twins instead of the other first years. She'll wave at luna from her seat but not go over and talk.
When they go to the common room later she sits with percy who gives her a run down about the general layout of hogwarts, instead of going to her room and chatting with the other first year girls.
Percy eventually ushers her to bed where the others are either talking quietly or sleeping, so she decides to write in her journal.

Second day shes up early cause she took percy's words to heart about making sure she has enough time in her morning in case she gets lost. She sees the trio coming down and joins them on their way to breakfast, another chance to interact with other first years missed.

Percy tries to help her to her first class so she wont be late. Cool, but shes there before everyone else, most people come into the classroom in pairs, chatting happily with each. Some people from the other house in her class sit beside her, talking about idk quidditch or something? Ginny sits up and leans over to them, adding to their conversation that her big brother Charlie was really great at quidditch and now hes gonna work with dragons so he knows all about whatever they are talking about.

The girls kind of frown at her with polite smiles and kind of slowly continue on with their conversation, though its slightly quieter.

During the first week she grabs colins camera out of his hand, trying to look at it and figure out how it works, colin is like AHHH please! Dont break it! Ginny scoffs and holds it out of his reach, "I just want to look at it, no need to be a big baby"  she laughs and presses one of the buttons and looks through it at him before she finally gives it back to him.

Shes grown up with tonnes of boys, so doesn't quite understand that not everyone behaves the same way.
She wants to join in on the girl talk but when they talk about how cool someone is, she only has her brothers as a point of reference, which often leaves the other girls questioning if ginny understands that they are talking about like liking those guys.

Shes slowly excluded and also ignores people but her brothers slowly get tired of her hanging around them as older siblings do. She tries to joke with Lee about something but the twins are just like, uh yeah that;ll be all ginny.

 

 

 

Maybe percy's pov? 

Percy smiled happily to himself, hed finally managed to ask penny out, and she'd said yes! He couldn't wait till the next hogs ede weekend, he wasn't sure what they would do just yet but def thought they'd both enjoy looking through the second hand book shop. Not many students knew it was there, but his mother had taught him how to sniff out a bargain and his love for knowledge meant he spent quite a bit of his time visiting. He didn't buy all that much, but had struck up a friendship with one of the workers (sales people? Owners? Staff?) 

He rounded the next corner and only just managed to stop in time so he didn't barrel right into someone! He backed up a bit, apologies rushing to his lips when he realised it was "ginny?" 

He frowned "gin are you okay?" putting a hand on her shoulder. Her head snapped up and she looked at him, confusion written all over her face. 

"gin are you okay?" she was looking around slowly, before nodding a little. 

"yeah, I'm, I'm just a little lost." she gave him a small smile. "I'm still just trying to get hang of where all my classes are you know?" 

Now he was frowning more, he remembered managing to figure out where to go within his first month at hogwarts quite easily. 

As if reading his mind, his little sister smiled wider at him." it's okay perce! I'll get it, I might just need to take the twins up on their offer to help." 

He scoffed, not quite under his breath, but smiled at her, gesturing that they start walking. "just make sure that anything the twins offer you is actually made to help and not to give them a laugh." 

"if they even try! I'll tell mum so quick they won't even be able to defend themselves! And as sooooon as I learn a good hex, they'll be sorry if they ever try it again!" 

"not that I condone hexing our miserable brothers as its quite against the rules," ginny quickly looked up at him with the widest puppy eyes. 

"but" he stressed this word out a bit, "if you were interested in learning more(something? About hexes? Defending yourself?) I can offer you some book suggestions." 

They continued chatting till they reached the common room, the thought of ginny still not knowing hogwarts layout after 4 months of living there had long been swept away from precys mind. 

 

 

 

stuff happens in her first year, most of it is a blur, she is terrified, she can't remember what she was doing, where she was or how she got where she is now. Her diary is a source of comfort. She was worried at first but then after meeting the sorting hat (another thing where you cant see its brain) and how everyone loved it and what it could do, she realised that the diary wasn't quite so creepy/special after all. Its just like the hat, a magical artifact.

 

When she first starts suspecting the diary, she tries to stop writing, but with no one to talk to its hard to resist.
She tries to tell percy, but she ends up finding him kissing a girl and she runs away.

Percy has been noticing ginny become more withdrawn, and has tried to include her in what hes doing, but he's so much older, and a lot of the stuff he and his friends talk about go over her head. She just feels more left out.
He notices her not eating much, and tries to coax her into eating more. always putting her favourite foods in front of her, or giving her some fruit if he passes her in the hall.
Shes glad at first that he wants to help her, but then some slytherin girls make fun of her for it, and tease her about it. what a baby, cant even feed herself the wittle baby, needs someone to howld her hand.

She tries to avoid percy more after that.

With his new girlfriend he doesn't notice her as much anymore.

 

He does however notice her falling asleep at lunch one day and forcefully drags her to the hospital wing where madam pomfrey hurridly (quickly, hurry) gives her a pepper up potion before going back to dealing with whatever mess fred and george have created for her.

Percy has to leave quickly cause hes got a prefect meeting, but tells her to let him know if she doesnt get better.
She finally manages to throw the diary away from herself. She runs away from the girls bathroom at top speed, not even sure where shes going, but just that she has to get away.

 

She has withdrawals, tom having already clawing his way into her.
She tries writing in another of her books, but has no answer, shes so tired, she sleeps through an entire day of classes, she has nightmares the whole time, leaving her more on edge, wary of everyone.

She suffers through the next day and after lunch is aimlessly wondering through the castle, not really sure what to do with herself, finding herself lost in a castle that doesnt seem familiar at all. She doesn't remember what part shes in and starts walking faster, slightly panicking. She somehow ends up in the girls bathroom.

That bathroom.

The ghost in there rushes through her, angry at the youn girl "Come back to throw more books at me!?" ginny stumbles back and slips on the wet floor.

"i-i, wha- I didn't throw anthing at you? I dont even know you!"

"OH! So you don't even knOW MY NAME?!" Ginny looked up at the ghost, lost, confused, and completely unsure of what to say next.
"Well, if you've come back to get your book," she said with a snide tone "you're too late! that other boy took it away with him so you'll never get it back."

Myrtle rushed through ginny again before screaming and diving into the ubend of the closet toilet.

Ginny lay on the ground for a while, trying to figure out what the hell just happened, when myrtles words just clicked.

it was gone.

The diary, was gone.

She had no idea where it was and now she won't be able to get it back.

 

This left her with mixed feeling, she mourned the loss of her only friend, but also worried about what that friend was making her do. She fought with herself all teh way back to the common room. The diary is gone, thats a good thing. But tom is gone. But tom was bad. But he was her friend. But he was *doing* something. But maybe it wasnt tom. Maybe it was just my imagination. Maybe he was trying to help. he was trying to help, he had said that. And now hes gone. But if it wasn't tom, what was happening. I haven't blacked out in a while. But maybe.. maybe I just dont remember.

Over the course of the next few days ginnys mind continued going back and forth, the thought that maybe tom wasn't as friendly as he had seemed slowly winning out.
She was behind in so much of her homework, spending as much time as she could trying to catch up.

She was sitting on one of the large arm chairs when she noticed the trio coming in. Noticed harry talking to ron and how he gave her a slightl smile when he noticed that she was looking at him. She felt a bit stunned but tried to smile back regardless (harry looked kind of of cute, standing in front of a window, with the sun shinning on his back, making him glow like the hero he was. Saving the world twice already.)

She continued to watch them for a while before her heart stopped dead.

There.

In harrys hands.

Was the diary.
Tom.

She started breathing heavy, her thoughts crashing to a halt.
If tom was the thing that was causing her to do weird stuff and to black out and wake up with blood on her hands, oh god, what if he got to harry. Harry didnt deserve that.
he had already done his part, he save everyone! From voldemort! Twice!

She couldnt let him be corrupted, be taken over, be ruined by tom.
She had to get that diary.

She lay awake that night, crying quietly in her bed. She was worried, so worried. Tom had hurt her, was still hurting her, but he would hurt harry! but god she was so scared, she didnt want to do this. but she had to, she had to get tom back.
Yes, she had to get him back, she had missed him. NO! No, not he was bad. But tom was her friend, he wouldnt do that. how could he? it was just a book.
But it was still a book that harry shouldn't have. what if tom accidentally shared her secrets.

And what if he hurt harry.

 

The next day she took her chance, she tried to be as quick as possible, riffling through his trunk to find it. It had to be here, she knew it. she could *feel* it.

her hand hit the cover and she grasped it tightly, yanking it out from underneath all the clothes and ran for her dorm room, slamming the door shut behind her.
She quickly pulled the curtains around her bed and sat there, panting for breath, the diary sitting in front of her. She hesitantly opened the cover, not sure what she expected.

her breath hitched when a moment later the words "hello ginny" slowly appeared on the page.
"I've missed you."

she didn't even remember reaching for her quill, but she was already writing a reply back to tom, tom her precious tom. her best friend, he was back, with her.

She didn't remember handing the assignments that she had worked so hard on. But she was sure that she did! Mcgonagall had even mentioned it to her that she was glad that she gave it back just in time.
School days just blur together. ha. yeah.

 

aight, so she throws him off once more, tries to talk to percy again, tries to get him to take the diary, but she stumbles on him kissing his girlfriend again, and breaking down like a small child just scares her off and makes percy mad at her.
"Ginny whats wrong with you!" he pushes past her to run after penelope.

 

she stares in shock and percys receding back. was there something wrong with her? was she doing all this? was this all her fault?

 

She blacks out more, only ever recalls waking up in her bed, lifting her head from her school desks, staring at her notes/school books for long periods of time.

 

Ginny looks down on herself. her body laying on the cold hard stone floor. she had no idea where she was, though that wasn't new for her.

She started to frown, unsure when she had become so thin, and why she hair looked so ratty. and who was that boy sitting beside her.
The boy stroked her hair softly, a slight smile on his handsome face.

she thought that would have given her comfort, but it just made her feel more unsettled.

They both looked up when a loud noise came from the distance. The boy narrowed his eyes, hissing toward the darkness and slowly moving closer to the large statue behind him (she hadnt noticed that before, where was this? she didnt remember any giant statues from her brothers stories)

She was planning to follow the boy, ask him where they were, what she was doing laying here when she heard a soft noise behind her. LIke a sigh.

 

She turned around quickly, and stumbled when she saw a tall figure in a dark robe, standing in a (idk, hole, gap, crevice, like a nook) in the great wall.
She started walking towards him as he beckoned her over.
The figure leant over to place a hand on her shoulder.

She felt lighter than she had all year. her body relaxing and tension she hadn't realised she had just eased away.
"it is time"

She looked up into the hood of teh stranger, not quite registering what they were saying.

"You have tried hard, and done well, but its time for you to rest."
Ginny felt herself nodding, a rest would be good. She was tired, just so tired.  she took a step closer to the stranger, and followed his lead away from  the boy.

She paused, looking back over her shoulder, wanting to take one last look before leaving when she heard it.

The noise that had seemed so far away before was now in the same chamber, harry emerged from the darkness, yelling something at the boy. She frowned, why was he yelling? Didn't he realise that everything was okay now?

She couldnt hear most of what was being said, but then the boy laughed, picking ginnys wand up off the floor from where she was. he was using her wand? She frowned harder and turned back to fully face the two boys.
Letters floated up behind him, spelling out, TOM! It was TOM!? Oh god and harry was there! She had to warn him! Get him away from here!

As she moved to step towards harry, Tom rearranged the letters slowly, changing so it no longer showed his name, but his title.

"Lord voldemort"

oh god.

tom

tom was

no it couldnt be

that

that was insanse

NO

NO IT COULDNT BE

HARRY WAS RIGHT THERE, GOD SHE HAD TO GET HIM AWAY

"Young one, this is not your battle"
She whipped around to look back up at teh stranger whose hand was once again on her shoulder.
"I have to warn him, help him!" she tried to shrug the hand off her shoulder but it held firm.

"I'm sorry, but its time for us to go."

"NO! I'm not leaving him! He needs help, I have to help!"

The figure shook its head, or she assumed that it did as all she saw was the hood of the robe they were wearing shaking back and forth.
Her look of worry turned to a glare, using all her might to wrench herself away.

"No matter how hard you try, you cannot help him as you are now."

She looked back over her shoulder at the two boys, throwing spells at each other and oh god the creature, its right there! her eyes began to water, feeling so useless again "no! no, nononoo" she started mumbling under her breath "no, no he can't win, i can't let him, I tried so hard!"
She looked back up the the figure, tears running down her face
"I have to help him, i have to fix this! This is all my fault!"
please let me go! I have to do this! PLEASE

The stranger replies and say something but idk what yet, its kind of like a "you cant do it, you are just a small child, not like me, just give up"

she'll beg, collapsing to her knees and holding onto her robe for dear life. "no, no ill do anything, please you have to help me, i have to stop him!"

Some other wise retort about how its not worth it.
They both turn their heads as more conflict goes on behind them, something something basilisk and harry on top of the statue trying unsuccesfully to flee from the beast.

"Stopping tom is worth everything, id give anything, everything.
PLEASE"

The stranger sighs again, "Anything?"

Ginny nods furiously in reply.

"Then become mine. Become mine and I will help you. I will let you go back and help stop the boy."

Ginny was stunned, te stranger would help her?! Her eyes shining up at them again "yes, yes I'll do anything! But please we have to help!"

He knelt down to face her, his hand cold against her face where it came to hold her cheek. Almost like something her parents would do.
"Alright."

She heard a soft chuckle before she felt a force push her backwards, the sound of the chaos behind her getting louder, she could barely make out what the stranger was saying anymore. "You will be m-" was the last thing she heard before she felt a sharp jolt and she found herself staring up at harry potter.

 

He was dirty, covered in blood and what looked like mud and his hair was even more of a mess than ever before. he had a phoenix on his shoulder and a sword?? on his lap.

When he heard her gasp for breath he gave a wide smile,  looking back down at her. "Ginny! You're okay!"

Her mind spun, yes, of course she was okay, shed just been off to the side the whole time. She had so many questions, where was tom, voldemort? no tom. where was tom, what had he done, where was the beast?! They had to get out of here, oh god how were they going to get out of here?!

The image of harry began to spin and it quickly faded to black as ginny passed out in his arms.

 

tearful reunion, she over hears dumbledore explain to harry wtf happened,  how she was possesed by voldy, how she was unknowingly giving her sould and magic to him. how her heart had stopped? what?
The next time she is awake she hears harry telling ron what had happened, she frowns though, as he only mentions finding her on the ground. why doesn't he talk about the stranger? didnt he hear her screaming , trying to help?

she drifts back into sleep

Shes woken next time, by the sound of someone screaming, its awfully loud.

She shakes her head to try and get the noise out of her mind when she realises that its her. Shes screaming. someone sitting beside her shakes her roughyl, calling her name.

but the blackness comes back, oh god no please no.

 

she finally awakens a little whiel later, her mum is there, talking to dumbledore, hes not telling her the same thing that he told harry tho.
her mother realises shes awake and crushes her with a hug.

more tears end of year.

home

its not the same

books are fucking scary

she doesnt want to sleep in the dark

doesnt want to sleep

blinks less

recovery isnt going well

her family doesnt understand

percy kind of does? but hes just always so busy now.

Her mother asks in passing if she is feeling like herself, she used to love xx thing.

ginnys eyes go wide. shes not herself?! but? But tom is gone!

 

eventually her dad wins some weird lottery and they get given a bunch of money.
her family decides to vist bill in egypt, a nice change of pace and all that.

Bill is like wtf happened to my little sister?!?
he tries to help.
Shows her a night light spell

shows her how to ward her bed. explains how his curse breaking works simply, tries to show her what to look for to find if something is dark, gives her a low level spell that might help find them.

but thent hey have to go, and its not enough but enough comments from her mother make her start to pretend shes more okay.

 

 

 

Aight and then at some point grim is like, wtf i did not rig the lottery so you could go on vacation u stupid adults. i did this so you could help ur daughter.
Mandys gonna be like "yeah, well adults are stupid. wtf were you expecting?"

hes gonna be grumpy but eventually forcefully sends her over to help. "if u want to take over my job here eventually, u gotta do dis. u gotta learn"

mandys like, gross whatever.

 

mandy just shows up. Sees her maybe freaking out over some books indiagon alley or smth.

shows up at school

sits next to her in a class.

idk.

 

But also.

For future so I remember.
Prophecys are trixy. there can be more than one meaning.
What if ginnys bday is like the 1st of august. not the 11th.

at the death of the 7th month.

Power voldy knows not. well no one would know about grim.

I would say that this would suck for anyone reading this, to see where i now plan to take this and be like, omg spoilers, but then im like, this is terribly written, why would you want to read this rubbish at this stage. come back later.

ull forget by the time i might actually have this written out properly.

Chapter 6: these things can have titles!?!

Summary:

More random splurts of shit that I think of at random times that are not being posted in any particular order other than when thought of. :>

Chapter Text

Aight so.

First up, yes ginbug has been writing in the diary, but so far, its just a totally normal diary. writing doesn't fade, the first page has her name written all over it and doodles of lightening bolts and hearts and flowers and badly drawn cats.
(she spent so long on that page and was so proud of how it turned out. Her mum praised her for it and complimented the drawings of the flowers from the garden)

Ginny is super nervous while waiting for her sorting.
Her mum already told her that its just a weird hat that does it, not a troll like her brothers had suggested. Usually Molly didn't interrupt the boys their teasing when it came to the sorting, it being a surprise was a hogwarts tradition.
But it was taken a little too far when ron sent gruesome details of the troll that they had hurt (killed?!) when saving hermione the year before that she had to tell ginny, the panicked look in her eyes when she ran to tell her that one of teh sorting trolls go loose and nearly killed her brother had made molly change her mind.

Her parents had told her to to trust something that could talk where you couldn't see its brain, but had told them that the hat was an extension of hogwarts itself, and was brimming with such old protective magicks that this one artifact was fine.
Name after name was called and the line she was standing in grew smaller and smaller.


She knew she was going to be last, all eyes on her, no zabini's to save her like they did ron. ginny was worried, what if she didn't get into gryffindor, what if her brothers ignored or hated her because of her house, she had to prove she was just as good as them! that she belonged right next to them!
She tried to calm her breathing as the second to last person was called up, her hands fiddling with her sleeves to try and give herself something to do. anything to keep her mind off what was coming. finding out where she would live the next seven years, where she would belong.

"Ginevra Weasley" (a/n totally was gonna spell it wrong and had to google it cause i'm apparently pronouncing it wrong in my head LOL)

Ginny quickly moved up the the stool, looking up at professor mcgonagall (a/n spelling? idc enough to google) with wide eyes. The professor looked back with a tight smile, for which ginny was unsure if it was because she was thinking, god another weasley, or if she was just wanting the sorting to be over already. The hat was quickly placed on her head, slipping down over her eyes so she could really only look at teh floor.

"Well, well, well, another weasley hmmmm?" Knowing that the hat could talk was completely different to hearing the thing talk inside of your head, and was definitely not something she would get used to.
"Ooooh, but you're not just any weasley are you"
She frowned a bit "do you mean cause I'm the youngest?"

The hat chuckled at her response, "Oh my dear. You are more than just the youngest weasley, you are the first born weasley female in generations!" ginny gave a short shrug, she'd heard that before but never really thought about it.
"My dear, this is more important than you likely think. You should look up more of your family history when you have a chance. BUT! That is not why you are here and hardly something you will want to hear an old hat talk about."

"Now let me see, hmmm, yes, very interesting. You have a great thirst for knowledge, a strong will to prove yourself, a passionate loyalty to those you love and a fierce fire within you. You would go to extremes for what you want, you would do well in slytherin my dear."
Ginny paled as the hat whispered those words into her head, not even wanting to contemplate how her family would react. She managed to whisper a harsh "NO" to the hat. "Hmmm, not willing to betray your family bonds then? Maybe Hufflepuff for you dear?"


Ginny shook her head "No! Theres only one place you can put me! If you put me anywhere else so help me I will burn you to ashes!"
"Haha, well aren't you a feisty thing, yes I guess you could survive there, but know you may not thrive as much as in another house."
"I don't care, I want to be with my brothers, I belong there!"
"Please know that this is not what I would have chosen, but I guess I'm interested in where this will take you, and how can I resist the request of one such as yourself. I guess you'll be spending your time in
GRYFFINDOR"

Chapter Text

This part was wrong even while I was writing it but at the time I couldn't figure out wtf else to do. BUT I have since changed my mind and figured out what really happens.

I'm keeping it here for now in case I need to ref this shit tho.

 




Ginny has lost time.

lost months.

Lost almost a year of her life.

But she has gained more. Tom riddles life forcing its way into her own, pouring its soul and memories into her mind, yearning to take complete control.
Now, that would never happen, could never be completed, the diary destroyed and with it any chance of riddles resurrection.

But the time Ginny has lost has left a mark. She does not remember a single class of her first year, but knows more than she should. Thoughts, unbidden, rush to her mind, bringing knowledge she shouldn't have and a whispered spell in her ear.

 

Ginny lurches awake in the hospital wing, gasping for breath and looking around wildly. She doesn't understand where she is, how long has she been out? What happened to the book? Wheres tom? Oh god what did she do?!

Her mounting panic attack takes over, her breathing becomes sharper and quicker, her vision narrows and she can only see herself shaking underneath the blanket. Oh god she has to find the book, has to get rid of it, has to break its hold.
Her hands are shaking so hard but she pushes the blanket down, trying to feel around the bed for it, it has to be close. A noise stops her breathing, her chest seizing tight as she looks up to see the shadow falling on the curtains surrounding her.

She tried to duck down, awkwardly climbing off the bed. No, no nononono, he can't be here, he can't oh god what have i done!

Ginny is barely visible from her spot halfway underneath the bed, her eyes wide and following the edge of the curtain as it slowly moves open. The light casting a tall, thin shadow onto the bed.

"Ginny-" She screams as the figure steps forward, seeing the dark hair and lithe form in front of her. She scrambles underneath the bed, her back hitting the wall but she can't take her eyes off the shadow on the floor. Shes been breathing so harshly that darkness slowly takes over as she watches the shadow quickly retreat, watching it move towards a louder noise further away.

 

They find Ginny underneath the bed.

Its not the only time it happens.

 

They eventually learn that its better for the curtains to be open, so she can see more of the room, and that its better if someone is at her side, so she knows she is not alone.

 

In the evening of the second day Molly decides they should bring Ginny home early, and that waiting for the end of year feast won't make any good difference for her daughter.

Molly holds her daughters hand as she explains that they will take her home, away from here, so she can feel at ease again and finally overcome what has happened. Ginny nods upon seeing the love and worry in her mothers eyes. She doesn't feel like she'll be 'at ease' ever again, but going home, getting away from hogwarts and Riddle sounds like the best thing in the world to her right now.

 

-unsure how to proceed with this part, cause Ginny is *fucked up* but her fam ware supposed to eventually think shes feeling better.

So not sure how to show how she hides it.
I knowtheres gonna be a scene when she goes to her room, thinking she can feel a bit better in recognisable surroundings, but she'll spot the bookshelf in the corner, all the books morphing as her eyes widen, all becoming darker and the same size as the diary. She'll scream, unable to turn away but trying to get out of the room, forcing herself into a corner she can't escape from as she sobs.
Her father will come running into her room first, pulling her into a hug and shielding her from seeing anything but the sweater he is wearing.
Molly bounds in after him, pausing when she hears her daughter sobbing "Please no, I won't write in it again, get it away. no Tom no"

Her heart breaks as she realises what has happened. She looks around the room, levitating every  book she can find from its spot, moving them into the closest room to Ginnys to hide away for now.

While Arthur is comforting Ginny, Moll sets about moving all the books from the main rooms, dumping them into bills room to deal with later.
She will not allow this to happen again.

 

I think for the first two days one of the parents will stay in the same room as Ginny, though she doesn't sleep much, and they realise she will only sleep if someone is watching her, making sure she does not leave.

While awake Ginny doesn't do much and doesn't talk much either, she usually follows either of her parents as they move around the house, and is usually just staring off into the distance.

They try a few times to get her to talk but realise that shes just no ready yet, and forcing the issue only makes her cry.

In a rare moment where ginny is asleep, cuddled into Mollys arm as they sit on the sofa, Arthur and Molly try to figure out how they can help their only daughter.

"She needs help."

Arthur sighs "I know dear, but," he looks down at their daughter "we just can't afford what she needs right now. We have to figure out another way."
Mollys lip wobbles as she she suppresses a sob of her own, carding her hand through Ginnys hair.

"Well. There-theres a few things we can do. I've already moved all the books from the main rooms, and we know the boys won't be studying for a while."
Arthur nods adding "And we can ask Percy to study in his room, he'll actually understand."

Molly looks down at her daughter, thinking over the last few days.
"The sleep walking alarm. We'll teach her that. It's been a while but I can find it in the family tome again, and we know it works thanks to Bill."

William 'bill' weasley used to sleep walk when he was younger, and as new parents in the beginnings of a war they were very aware of the danger that this could cause. Bill had managed to make it to the gate at the front yard, and only the sound of him tripping over the gate itself had alerted his parents to what was happening.
It was the first and last time it happened and their son had thankfully grown out of it, but the spell they had used to help him could potentially help ginny now.

 

The spell would be cast over her bed and would cause a quick irritating tingle along her arms if she tried to leave its perimeter, getting more intense if the spell was not calmed by her saying "I am awake now."
There was a second part to the spell where if she left the bed without saying anything, a noise would sound and wake her parents who would then be able to run down into her room to wake her themselves.

 

"We can reactivate her night light, and move her room around so that the lest amount of shadows are cast. We'll transfigure her bed to remove the posts, the less it looks like her dormitory the better."  Arthur pauses to think again, trying to decide what else they could do.

"She needs to be able to calm herself from a panic attack if we aren't around and realise that shes okay now. That its over."

"I'll send kingsley an owl, ask if he has any recommendations, some of the Arours he works with have uh, seen some bad stuff over their time. I'm sure he'll be able to suggest something."

 

They go over the details with Ginny when she wakes up.  Helping them re-organise her room and change the colour of her blankets to something a little lighter. The less darkness and shadows in her room the better.
Shes come to dislike not know how much time has passed while sleeping, and they decide to buy her a clock for her room that will show the time and date, anything to help her.

 

As Ginny gets used to the sleep walking alarm, she hesitantly agrees that she will no longer need someone to be with her in her room while she sleeps. Though she is still sleeping very little.

The most often time she sleeps is during the day, on the couch, with her mother knitting beside her, the sound of the needles helping to ground her.

Eventually Kingsley will send some books on meditation and occulmency, though its difficult to learn while keeping your eyes open, and being unable to read the text itself.
She still cannot help but panic near books.

 

The boys come home today.

Chapter 8: Question more than a thought outline

Chapter Text

For absolutely anyone reading this, I need an opinion please, even just one person. 

Without knowing anything at all about this story (because really who would  I barely do yet) should Harry die.

 

 

Also a reminder to myself for things way down the line, mandy would appreciate umbridges quills, would go out of her way to use them and probs draw on herself,or manage a way to get them to work on other people  

Chapter 9: An actual first chapter.

Summary:

So heres the start of what will actually be chapter 1.
Please note the few lines I've taken from the book when they get to the platform are in italics.

Chapter Text

A slow stream of light shown brightly over the Burrow the morning of September the first, 1991. The strange looking house was alive with the hustle and bustle of four young boys hurrying to finish getting ready for the long train ride to school.

 

Twin brothers Fred and George are up early, making jokes with each other while they finish packing the last of their secret summer projects in their cases, ready to cause mischief in the year to come. Eager to figure out what new things the year will teach them that can be put to use in ways no others could imagine.

Their older brother Percy is up and out of bed not long after the twins, woken as usual by the sound of their plotting. He goes to feed his pet rat before he remembers its no longer his, shaking his head and double checking his trunk was properly packed -all but his toothbrush and pajamas that is. He quickly headed to the bathroom knowing it would be hard to get a shower in later in the morning.

The youngest brother Ron is still asleep in his bed, having been up half the night trying (and failing) to get his case packed in time for the morning to come.

Their mother Molly was already in the kitchen, getting one last big breakfast ready before the house would once more become quiet, as another child went off to school. She gave her husband Arthur a long hug and a kiss on the cheek before he opened the back door.

"I'll see you for dinner as usual?" he asked, stepping through the doorway.

Molly nodded, "Ginny and I will do some light shopping after seeing the boys off to fill the time. We'll meet you at your office this time, I know how busy you've been lately."
Arthur gave a thankful smile to his wife, "Tell Ron that I hope he has a wonderful year, and the twins that they should be more careful about the trouble they get into. And don't forget to tell Perce that he'll do great and to stop worrying."
Molly grinned and waved a hand at him, "They've heard you saying this for the past week or more, I'm sure they all know that you'd be going with us if you could." She went over to the doorway he was still standing in, giving him a quick kiss before stepping back and making a shooing motion at him. "Now go on, or you'll be late for work."

Ginny, the youngest and only female child of the lot, was slowly woken by the yelling coming from the twins room, she was tempted to let herself fall back asleep but the delicious smell coming from the kitchen let her know that there were better uses of her time. She quickly threw on her dressing gown and briefly brushed her hair before skipping down the stairs to the kitchen. 

 

 Ginny was just finishing putting plates down on the table as Percy came down the stairs, setting his trunk down by the door, already dressed primly in the standard school uniform. He smiled Ginnys way as he polished the prefect badge pinned over his robe, still not over the flood of pride that came with receiving the honour of the badge.
Ginny bounced over towards her brother returning his smile easily. "So Perce! You ready for your first meeting! Taking points from the twins the minute they stand on Hogwarts ground?"

He ruffles her hair a little, even though she tries to push his hand away.
"Being a Prefect is a serious responsibility and I wouldn't take advantage of the trust that has been given to me." She huffs a little at his answer before he continues "Plus the twins usually wait until after the feast, what with their trunks being taken from them on the train."

She grinned up at him before heading back towards the kitchen bench to start bringing the food to the table.

"Percy, could you be a dear and make sure Ron's all ready and packed." Molly called over her shoulder.

Ginny heard her brother grumble under his breath about younger brothers who just wouldn't grow up already, and how hard was it to pack anyway, and surely he knew they had a schedule to keep.

Fred came down the stairs next and quickly made his way over to help Ginny finish putting all the food on the table before loading up a plate. George trotted down with their trunks a few minutes later, setting them beside Percys before taking his usual seat next to Fred. They could hear the sound of muffled yelling coming from the highest room in the house, and they wondered what Ron had done this time. It continued on for a while, coming closer down the stairs before  ending with a slammed door.

They can hear Percys loud footsteps as he comes back down, frustration clear on his face.

"He hadn't even packed!" he said as explanation and threw his hands in the air.

Molly tuts and wipes her hands on the apron she's wearing, making her way up the stairs to make sure that Percy hadn't just shoved everything in Rons room into his trunk in his vexation with his brother. Ginny hid a grin as her mother walked passed, knowing that Ron was in for an earful when he got came down later.

 

 -

 

Ginny was practically skipping her way into Kings Cross Station, her excitement getting the best of her. She loved seeing the big red train that would eventually take her with it to Hogwarts. She had heard so many stories over the years from her brothers and it was mentioned in a lot of the books she read as well.
A castle.
Learning magic in a castle, was there anything better?!

 She grinned to herself and ran back over to her mum and brothers, latching herself onto her mothers arm. "Can I have a look around the train this year mum? I promise I won't stay on it too long!"

"Ginny, we're running a bit behind thanks to your brother," Molly paused to frown in Rons direction, "you'll have to wait until next year dear."

Ginny rolled her eyes and went over to walk beside Percy.
"I'm old enough to take care of myself, doesn't she know that." She crossed her arms and pouted, but couldn't keep it up when Percy gave her a grin and ruffled her hair.

"You know time will fly by this year, soon enough and you'll be riding with us to Hogwarts and you'll realise the train ride is actually only good for finishing some light reading."

"Oh, but I really want to go on it! It's always so full of interesting looking people and I bet the seats are so comfy too..." Ginny trailed off as she watched a group of girls that looked around about the age of her older brother Charlie. They were wearing outfits with really bright colours, half of them had big poofy sleeves while the other half had the shirts or dresses they wore hanging off their shoulders. Nearly all of them had a long necklace or two around their necks, and a few had big hoop earrings.

Percy pulled Ginny along and out of her daze. "With colours that bright do you think they're witches Perce?"

"Ginny I don't think any self respecting witch or wizard would dress that way." Percy chuckled, watching Ginny crane her neck around to see the last girl slip out of view.

As they passed by platform 8 their mother caught up with them, the twins on either side of her and Ron trailing behind.

"Honestly, I don't know why Albus doesn't force the Ministry to set up a floo or two on the other side of the platform. It gets so busy this time of the year, and its packed with Muggles, of course off to their own schools no doubt."

Molly looked around trying to get a glimpse of what platform they were up to. "Now, whats the platform number."

Fred and George grinned to each other from either side of their mother.
"You would think,-"
"Mother dear, that after so-"
"Many years dropping off your kids-"
"You would know that its platform-"
"Nine and three quarters!" they finished together.

Molly gave them a look which stalled their giggling, or at least made them try to hide it better.

"I think we've just passed number nine now mum." Percy answered from the front of their group.

"Mum, please can I go on the train, just for a little bit!"

"We've just talked about this, we're running late and you're not old enough Ginny, now please be quiet. Thats the platform there, all right, Percy you go first." Percy nodded to his mum as Ginny let go of his arm, striding forward and through the barrier. Ginny walked over and stood by her mum to leave a clear path.
"Fred, you next." she said, gesturing to her son.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George. Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother."

Molly shook her head, "Sorry, George dear."

He grinned back at her, "Only joking, I am Fred" and jogged off through the barrier, George waving at his mum as he followed his twin through.

Molly turned to check Ron was ready to go when a young boy with shaggy black hair came up to them.

"Excuse me." He was fidgeting with his sleeves, as if uncertain what he should be asking her. She spied the owl with him and gave him a soft smile.

"Hello dear, first time at Hogwarts?" the boys eyes widened a bit as she asked. "Rons new too."  she smiled at him again, putting her hand on Rons shoulder.

"Yes, uhm the thing- the thing is, I don't uhm know how t-to" he stammered out, fidgeting with long sleeves some more.

"How to get onto the platform?" she finished for him when it seemed like he wasn't going to. The boy nodded his head, his glasses slipping down his nose at the motion. "Not to worry," she said. "All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron."

"Err- okay"  the boy grabbed a hold of his trolley again before looking back over at Molly and starting to walk quickly through the crowd towards the pillar the others had walked to.

Molly smiled as the boy braced himself, as if expecting to smack into the pillar rather than go straight through it.
"Ron, you go through next, and Gin and I will follow through. That boy didn't seem like he knew where he was going, would you be a dear and say a hello to him when you get on the train, just to make sure he's alright?"

Ron groaned but told his mum he would as he walked by and through the platform.

 

-

 

Ginny waited beside her mother as she said goodbye to her brothers. She hugged Percy quickly before he pulled his trunk up onto the train, he ruffled her hair and told her to be good while he was gone. She knew that he was excited to go to his first Prefect meeting, so she didn't hold his brisk goodbye against him.

Her mum was hugging Ron tightly and telling him how much she would miss him and how she'd be proud no matter what as long as he tried his hardest at everything.
Rons ears were getting redder with each word from their mum. He sent a grimace Ginnys way as she tried to turn a laugh into a cough and didn't quite succeed. He managed to pull himself free from Mollys grip and ran for the train, yelling goodbye over his shoulder and waiving when he got on the train.

The twins wandered over from where they had been talking to their friends, probably Lee, Ginny thought. They gave Ginny and their mum a hug each in turn, George whispering in her ear that they would send her a toilet seat if she promised to make trouble for them while they were gone. She grinned at him and looked over at Fred in time to see him send a wink her way.
"Boys, you'd better be off now, wouldn't want you to miss the train." Molly gave them a small smile each, "Now I want a nice quiet year from the both of you please, as much as I admire Minerva I'd rather not be in constant correspondence with her about you two!"

Both boys grinned at their mother "We'll do our best mum!" they chorused, slowly making their way towards the train.

Ginny and Molly followed after them and watched as they pulled their trunks up onto the train just as the train gave a whistle, its white smoke billowing along the platform to signal its leaving.

"Oh, please make sure Ron settles in alright, you know he can be a bit sensitive!" Molly called over the sound of the train. "And don't pick on him, or Percy for that matter! Just be nice!"

"And make sure you all write!!" Ginny yelled over top of her mums ramblings. Fred grinned at Ginny and George saluted their mum, shouting his agreement but that he'd make no promises since Ron was just so easy to mess with.

The train started to move down the platform and Ginny followed after, waiving at her brothers, and running to try to keep up as its sped up. She stopped before the end of the platform and watched as they leaned out the door to keep waiving at her as the train pulled away and eventually out of sight.
When she finally can't see them anymore she turns and runs back to where her mum is still standing, out of breath and still excited.

Molly gives a watery smile before looking down at Ginny and putting her hand on her shoulders. "Alright dear lets go get some shopping done before we meet your father."

They moved off towards the barrier to the platform, joining the line of people slowly going through. "Oh, hang on a second dear, theres Amos over there. Just want to have a quick chat about the belladonna he's been growing." Ginny made a face at her mum "Oh fine, just stay here then. Won't be a tic"

"Amos~" her mother called out as she walked away.

Ginny looked around at the people still on the platform, there seemed to be a lot of people like her mum, taking the time to stop and have a quick chat rather than waiting in the constant stream of adults leaving. She spotted some blonde wavy hair in the sea of people and frowned, the only people with hair that colour (that she knew of) were Malfoys, and they didn't have a daughter, and the Lovegoods. But Luna was her age and she didn't have any reason to visit the platform till next year - though her dad was a bit eccentric so maybe they decided to come people watch or something.

She wandered over to where she had seen the blonde and waited for the sea of people to part so she could get a better look at the girl.

Ginny didn't have to wait long before she was able to confirm that no, it wasn't Luna, and that she seemed a little younger than her too. The blonde seemed to realise that someone was watching her and looked up, smiling hesitantly.

Ginny took that as an okay to walk up to her, "Waiting for your parents too?" the blonde nodded and pointed towards a group of adults, though Ginny couldn't tell from their backs which were her parents.

"I'm here with my mum, but shes talking to our neighbour about some plants over there." She waved her hand in the direction she'd seen her mum walk off in. "My names Ginny by the way." She smiled at the girl and held out her hand.

The blonde looked over her shoulder towards where she'd said her parents were before shaking her hand. "I'm Astoria, I was watching my sister catch the train, though it was dreadfully boring after she actually got onto it."

Her and Ginny shared a small giggle together, "I'm going to be so bored without her though. I'm sure Mothers going to make me study twice as hard as she made Daph. It's going to be horrible."

"We only have a couple of old school books at home and none for first year, so mums gonna teach me stuff this year. She promised to let me help with the household charms! And that means I get to learn magic before my brothers ever did!" Ginny was really excited about that fact. Getting to use a real wand for real spells and getting one up on her brothers! She couldn't wait!

Astoria sighed and seemed to pout a bit.
"Mother won't let me get a wand till after I get my letter, so I'll mostly be reading theory and etiquette. And I doubt that Daph will write, she'll be off having adventures and actually learning useful things!" She shook her head, "Entirely unfair."

Ginny nodded along as the girl spoke, thinking of how boring it had been for her and Ron last year.

"Well, my brothers always write, but it'll be lonely without any of them at home with me this year. We could always write to each other too! I mean, that is if you want to." Ginny suddenly felt embarrassed, asking the girl out of the blue.

Astoria smiled, quite shy again, and looked over her shoulder again before looking back at Ginny and nodding.

"It would be nice to talk to someone else other than my parents. Maybe it will help make things a little less boring too." Ginny grinned at her new friend, and she was definitely a friend if they were going to write each other. Astoria looked back over her shoulder, "Oh sorry, I think I heard my parents call for me. I'll write you, okay!"

"I'll be waiting!" Ginny waved as her new friend slowly walked off. There were less people now but she still couldn't quite make out who Astoria's parents were.

"GINNY!"

She shrugged as she heard her mum yelling for her, skipping off to where the sound came from.

Chapter 10: A second chapter.

Chapter Text

Ginny followed her mum through the throng of people inside the train station and out onto the streets of muggle London.
She had been visiting the busy platform of 9 and 3/4 for as long as she could remember, she'd always had a brother going off to Hogwarts. Going out for a special treat was something new and they had only really done it once the twins had boarded the train for the first time. It was the last time that Bill had come with them to the platform before he'd left for his apprenticeship. Ginny couldn't remember the name of the wizard that he had trained under, only that the house seemed a bit more quiet once he'd left.

This year they were going to stop in a muggle bakery for lunch, her mother assured her that the food would be good, before heading to Diagon Alley to stock up on some potion ingredients and a couple of books. After Diagon they were planning a quick shop in a supermarket that wasn't that far away that was known for being well priced, and then her mum had promised they could look at some clothing stores, but made no promises about buying anything. At the end of their trip they would make their way to the Ministry of Magic to have an early dinner with her dad. <<<unsure if i should leave this summary in or not

 

Ginny thought the pasty her mum had bought for her was good, but that it wasn't as good as anything her mum would be able to bake. They didn't talk about much while they had lunch, both content with focusing on their food and watching the muggles pass by the window of the bake house. Ginny thought some of the outfits people were wearing looked weird, but a few people looked like they were wearing stuff right out of the Lovegoods closet.

Diagon Alley wasn't as full as it had been when they went out to buy the boys school supplies, the rush of people had calmed with the start of the school year. Ginny still held her mums hand as they walked past all the different shops, knowing that it was still easy enough to get lost while looking around. Sometimes streets or shops seemed to appear from no where, and you'd seem to come out of them in a different place than where you'd entered.

They were headed to a second hand bookstore past Ollivanders that they usually used when buying new school books for the upcoming year, it sometimes meant that they weren't in the best condition but meant that everyone got the books they needed for school. She'd been with her mum a few times when they sold books back to the store as well and her mum had a good rapport with the owners of the store.

This time they were visiting to buy a few books on household charms, Ginny had been promised she would learn a few this year, and her mum had decided she might use some time to remodel part of the Burrow or make some trinkets to sell at their local muggle market.
That meant that she needed to brush up on permanent transfiguration spells and long-lasting charms so the muggles wouldn't need to worry about getting a fright with something turning back into its original shape. 

Ginny walked over to the section labeled "First Years" and pulled out the book she'd been looking through the last time she was here. Her mum often took a while in the store to make sure they got the best books at the best price, and now that all her brothers weren't there, she knew she'd be waiting even longer.

After a chapter or two Ginny heard her mum call out for her. She put the book back on the shelf and was really glad that Jadis, the lady who owned the bookstore, had decided to get a couple of chairs for visitors. She walked over to the counter in time to see her mum shrinking down the package of books she'd settled on and tucking it away in a pocket.

They didn't spend as much time in the apothecary as they had the bookstore, mainly because her mum had decided she only needed a few top up ingredients for their standard home brews. Her mum whispered to her while they were walking through the shelves that it was better to buy after the start of the school year since prices would drop a bit. Ginny nodded along, knowing her mum had a lot of different tricks to making sure they got the best bargain.

Ginny couldn't help but be lured away from her mum to look at the kneazles as they walked back towards the Leaky Cauldron. The Magical Menagerie had some brand new kittens playing in the window of the store, and they were just so fluffy!

"Muuuuummmm, can I get a kneazle? Pleeeaaaaassseeeee!! Look how cute they are!! And I promise I'll look after it really really well and I'd love it so much!" Ginny spun around to look at her mum, trying to give her best puppy-dog eyes.

Molly shook her head slightly as she walked over to her daughter, she looked so hopeful, it hurt to have to deny her anything.

"I'm sorry Gin, we've already got Scabbers and Errol to look after, now isn't the best time to add to the family." She could see that each word made the smile drop from Ginnys face a little bit more.

She watched as her daughter turned back to look at the kneazle kittens again and ran a hand through her hair to try comfort her.

"B-but Scabbers is at Hogwarts with Ron, and-and Errol doesn't eat that much! Honestly I promise I'll do everything to take care of one, please mum." Molly gave a soft sigh and moved her hand to her shoulder, pulling Ginny into a small hug.

"I'm sure that you would be a wonderful owner, but Ginny, having a pet is very expensive, especially magical ones as smart as a kneazle." She gave Ginny another squeeze before letting her go. "If we manage to put away a bit more savings this year from the market, we can think about getting you something after Yule, alright dear?"

Ginny gave a small nod but didn't really want to walk away from the store. She knew it was tough for her parents having so many kids, but it didn't make her feel any better.

 

The walk to the supermarket in muggle London was quiet, though Molly did manage to get a few small smiles from her daughter while pointing out some of the brightly coloured muggles they walked by. It seemed that muggle fashion was changing its style more frequently than it used to, with so many people dressing so differently. They managed to find all the herbs that they were planning to purchase, with Molly whispering to Ginny that it was cheaper to buy them in a muggle store than at the market in Diagon Alley. Molly encouraged Ginny to pick a small sweet or chocolate before they left, hoping it would help in cheering her up a bit.

After much deliberation Ginny decided on a bag of sweets called Percy Pigs, they were a soft pink colour and were shaped to look like a pigs face. She'd done the math in her head and they were the best cost for the amount of sweets in the packet, they were cheap enough for her mums budget, and it helped that they looked interesting too.

Ginny opened the bag as soon as they left the store, taking a bite of one after feeling the texture and eyeing it up for a second.

"Mum! It's soft! And really sweet too." She pulled another out of the packet and held it towards her mum, "you should try one too."

Molly chuckled, glad that she'd succeeded in changing Ginny's mood.

"After we, uh, put the groceries away, dear." Molly motioned towards a small street not too far away that looked like it ran between the supermarket and another big store that might give them a secluded spot to shrink their purchases.

After safely storing the shrunken food in her purse Molly cast a quiet "Tempus," to check the time before they walked back out to the main street. "Well it looks like we still have some time before we have to leave for the Ministry, is there anything you would like to look at before we head off?" Molly made sure to emphasis the word look, to make sure Ginny wouldn't get her hopes up on extra purchases.

Ginny looked around the street they were on, spotting a clothing store across the road.

"Mum, can we have a look in there?" She was thinking of all the strangely dressed people she'd seen today while they'd been out, and was wondering what clothing there was for people her age.

Molly followed her daughters gaze and thought for a moment before agreeing.

"We won't be able to buy anything new dear," she gave her a smile, "but maybe if you find something you like we can try making it at home."

Ginny grinned and took her mums hand as they crossed the road, her mum was really good at altering clothes so they fit and even making new things. Most people thought Molly only knew how to knit, but that was just what she enjoyed doing the most, the steady flow of the knitting needles moving back and forth was relaxing, and it was easy to fall into a good rhythm with it.

There were so many bright colours in the girls section of the store Ginny didn't know where she wanted to start. There were blouses, soft cardigans, shirts with puffy sleeves and lots of flower embroidery on the shirts. There were pants made of something called denim that Ginny hadn't seen before and so many accessories to go with the clothing!

They spent a while in the store with Ginny trying on quite a few different pieces and she even managed to get Molly to join in and try on one of the dresses they'd seen on the mannequins. They were both in good spirits when they finally left the store, both thinking about making something (or asking to have something made, in Ginnys case) based off what they had seen.

The Ministry was a brief walk away from where they were, though it didn't stop Ginny from asking if they could catch the Night Bus instead. She moaned when her mum said no, but from the look her mum gave her she knew it wasn't worth the money it would cost.

 

As always, Ginny gaped at the lavish grand lobby of the Ministry of Magic. She watched people scurry around, wondering where they were going and what they were doing; she was always curious about how things worked even if she didn't often find out the answer.

"Mum! Mum, are we going to Floo to dad's office or take the elevator? Or is he waiting for us? Can I look around while we wait? Oh wow did you see that eagle owl? It was so pretty! I wish I could have a pretty pet like that! Mum do you think after Errol we can get one of those? " Molly chuckled at her daughter's antics and gently pulled her towards the reception counter.

Molly smiled as she neared the lady at the reception desk "Hello Enid! How's the evening treating you? "

The lady, Enid apparently, looked up from her work with a slightly surprised look on her face "Oh Molly! Hello, hello! Nearing the end of day so just as busy as ever." she tittered and Molly waved her hand at her with a smile.

"Knowing you, you were done by noon and looking for more to do!" The two ladies shared a laugh as Ginny looked around, uninterested in the conversation- it was much the same all the other times she'd come to the Ministry.

Molly and Enid chatted for a bit before Enid gave them their visitors passes so they could head off to Arthur's office.  The elevator ride was quick, if a bit bumpy and jerky, and they were soon walking through a large row of offices with Molly popping her head in to say hello to various people here and there.

Ginny had met most of the people they were stopping at before, so she waved and said hello to the people who she knew were interesting. She took longer with one or two people, chattering with them eagerly about her day and listening to them talk about something silly they thought she would like.

She'd stopped to look at something weird crawling on someone's wall when she heard her mum call out for her to catch up. She turned the corner she knew held her dads desk, and saw her dad break away from hugging her mum before he scooped her up into a hug as well. She laughed as he spun around with her in his arms.

He still had something he had to finish up before they could leave for the day so Molly decided to help tidy up his desk and sort a few files for him. Ginny sat in one of the empty chairs by her dads desk, kicking her legs back and forth while she told him about their day, making sure to tell him about everything they had done.

Chapter 11: a third? idk.

Chapter Text

Ginny woke late on the morning of September 2nd, she wasn't roused by the normal sounds of her brothers through the house, and her nose didn't wake her with the delicious scent of a full breakfast awaiting her. 
As she stretched and wiped the sleep from her eyes her brain slowly put the information together, quiet house means no brothers, no brothers means they aren't here, if they aren't here then-

Ginny jumped from her bed, grabbing her robe and running down the stairs to the kitchen.
"Mum! Mum!" she cried as she came round the corner. "Have they sent an owl?! Did they send one yet! Is Ron in Hufflepuff after all!!" 

<<<<<<<<<<< I don't know what day of the week this story starts on, i'll need to check. I think its a schoolday? cause like? this story is dumb and doesn't give an orientering which they totally should like wtf. I think I will *assume* that arthur is at work cause like w/e

She found her mum sitting at the kitchen table, boiled egg in its cup in front of her with a plate of toast and some sliced apple, spoon in one hand while she wrote something with the other.  

"Good morning dear, an owl arrived just after your father left for work, so I decided to wait for you to come down before reading it." She gestured to a rolled up piece of parchment, sitting on the table opposite her. 

 

<< Its a letter form percy, he talks about how ron got himself into gryffindor with no real worries (not like they genuinely had any) and that it seems like he'd befriended young Harry Potter who also got sorted into gryff. 

I"ll try to remind Ron to write tomorrow night, but he was quite excited tonight so I didn't think it would be worth the argument of trying to get him to write something any sooner. 
It looks like the other prefect is <<<insert name, hopefully the twins haven't tormented them enough to scare them from giving them detention when they need it. 

Idk, maybe they have an excited chattery breakfast, like "I wonder if ron really had to beat a troll!!"  Fred said that so and so had a giant spider but I didnt think giant spiders were on the approved pet list! Can I get a pet? I dont want scabbers though, ron can keep him!!

Maybe I just briefly gloss over the day? idk. 

They spent the morning cleaning the house from the disaster that was the three youngest boys ability to pack their trunks. While Fred and George had at least managed to pack theirs the night before they had still left a trail of mess throughout the house, and there hadn't been much time, or motivation, to clean up after they'd gotten home the night before. 
As they went round the lounge putting things away and gathering rubbish, Molly also pulled out a few books from the bookshelf and put them to the side to go over with GInny later. 

add some more glossed over details, fuck knows at this point, this part is boring.

Ginny nodded along to what her mum was saying, half listening as she detailed the start of her learning plan for the year. Her ears pricked up mid way through "-una will be joining us some days too-" and quickly cut her mum off.


"Wait, Luna?! Luna's gonna come round?!"

She received a vaguely annoyed look in return, probably for the interruption, or because she wasn't really listening, either was possible. Maybe both.

"Yes dear, her father has asked if she can join us once a week or so, to give him some more time to spend on his work. Apparently they plan to ramp up production of the Quibbler so he'll need more time to organise things."

Ginny grinned, she'd always enjoyed Luna coming over last year, but her and Ron weren't really friends so she only came over once a month.