Actions

Work Header

The One With The Hiding

Summary:

Five Times That Yoongi And Jimin Aren't Alone

(+1 time they are)

(FRIENDS!au)

Chapter 1: Hide

Notes:

I had a Friends marathon earlier and literally could not stop laughing at the image of an awkward yoongi having to kiss everyone goodbye so here you go

enjoy <33

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

1.

 

There’s this one moment, when you first wake up into a new day, which is as close to perfection as you can get. It’s that moment when you’re not really all there yet, still caught between the dreamworld and reality, and everything is blurry. You’re awake enough to appreciate the warmth of your sheets, but you haven’t quite remembered all the things you have to do or the problems you have to face, and instead remain in blissful ignorance. It’s by far Yoongi’s favourite moment of the day.

Unfortunately for him, that moment isn’t allowed to exist on this particular morning.

“Hyung!”

He’s woken up not by warmth and a gentle voice, but instead a shout in his left ear and a harsh shove to the back.

“What the fu-” Is all Yoongi manages to get out before he falls to what feels like his impending doom, leaving the warm embrace of the duvet and landing with a thump onto the hard wooden floor. “What?!”

“I’m sorry! But you weren’t waking up!” Somebody’s kneeling in front of him, soft hands are pulling him up, and there’s a smirking (and shirtless?) angel in front of him.

I’m too tired for this shit.

But then the moment clears, the ignorance disappears, and suddenly Yoongi’s brain finally starts to work. Ah, right.

“In the nicest way possible, you really need to leave.” Jimin stands up, and starts fishing for what Yoongi assumes to be his clothes from behind the dresser. He doesn’t exactly remember where he threw them last night. “Tae’s text just woke me up, he’s on his way home now. Like, as in, at this minute.”

“…What?” His brain may be working, but it’s still pretty slow. “Can’t you just say that I crashed on your couch or something?”

“I could say that, if I hadn’t already mentioned a ridiculous amount of times how totally alone I was last night.” Jimin actually looks kinda guilty about this. “He asked me if anyone was round and I panicked. It would be weird now if he knew you were here and I didn’t mention it.”

“Fine.” This hasn’t been the best morning so far. “Okay, fine, so I need to sneak out. How long do I have?”

“10 minutes? Maybe?”

“What?” This really isn’t the best morning. Maybe back when he and Jimin first started this…whatever this is, the sneaking around was kinda exciting, but now it was just interfering with his sleeping pattern. “You couldn’t give me more warning?!”

“I told you, he only just texted! I woke you up straight away.” Jimin finally manages to find Yoongi’s t-shirt, and throws it in his face. “You know I’d have you stay longer if I could, I really am sorry hyung…”

“Hey, hey.” And great, now Yoongi feels tired and like a dick. He reaches out, and wraps an arm around Jimin’s waist. No matter how horrible his wake up might have been, he can still appreciate a pretty sight in the morning when he has one. “Don't feel bad, it’s not your fault. I’m just grouchy. Your floor is fucking hard. And cold.”

This, at least, makes Jimin giggle, and he nuzzles into Yoongi’s neck.

“I’m not as sorry about that, actually. It was pretty funny.”

“Brat.” Yoongi pulls away, and starts to get dressed. “See if I wake you up nicely next time you’re round mine.”

He’s finally fully clothed, and ready to leave. He’d really appreciate some food, or a drink, or even a bit of mouthwash right now, but Jimin’s right. They’d probably get away with whatever excuse they’d tell Taehyung, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

“I always wake up before you anyway, lazy.”

“You’re a dancer. You have way more energy than me.” Yoongi grabs Jimin’s chin, and they both lean into the kiss as if it’s the most natural thing in the world. It kinda is. “I’ll see you later?”

“At Jin-hyung’s? I’ll be there. Now go!”

“Okay, okay.” He goes in for one more kiss, and then he’s out the door, pulling his hood up and past his face in case Taehyung passes him in the hallway.

And fine, maybe it hadn’t been the best morning. But really, Yoongi thinks, as he steps out into the cool air, no day where he wakes up with Jimin could ever be that bad.

 

 

2.

 

Jimin glances at the clock, before making sure the rose petals on the bed are spread evenly and laying himself across the covers. Taehyung’s arranged to have a gaming night with Jin and Jungkook, leaving Jimin with the apartment all to himself. He’d text Yoongi earlier with the enticing message of ‘got a surprise for you tonight, 7pm. door’s unlocked’ and hadn’t been able to sit still all day.

Finally, he hears the front door open quietly, and footsteps to his bedroom door. He opens his legs a little wider.

“Come in,” Jimin says, in the most seductive voice he can muster. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

“Uh, okay?” And nope, that’s definitely not the response that Jimin was expecting. “Why was the front door unlo- JESUS CHRIST!”

 

Two things happen simultaneously:  Kim Taehyung walks through the door, and Jimin falls off the bed.

 

“OH MY GOD oh my god oh my god fuck fuck fuck-” he searches the ground desperately for some underwear, finally slipping on a pair of boxers from under the bed. “Tae?! What are you doing here? I thought you were at Jin-hyung’s!”           

“Well obviously our plans changed!” Taehyung dares a small look at the scene in front of him, before catching sight of all the rose petals on the bed and covering his eyes again with a small whine. “Please please tell me you were waiting for somebody else!”

“Of course I was!” Jimin throws on a t-shirt now, concerned for his best friend’s probably scarred brain but even more concerned that any second now Yoongi might walk through the door expecting anything but this. “Now can you please just leave and never talk about this again?!”

Before Taehyung can even respond, the front door opens again. Jimin braces himself for what’s about to go down.

“It’s Jungkook!” Jimin wants to cry. “Of course it’s Jungkook! Why wouldn’t he be here right now?”

Jungkook just gives him a weird look, and seems to catch onto the tense atmosphere.

“Everything okay hyung?”

“Yep!” He really, really wants to cry. “Everything is fine and dandy!”

“I caught Jimin naked in bed covered in rose petals…” is what Taehyung moans, and Jimin resists the urge to turn around and slap him.

“What was that? Rose petals?” Now Jimin’s sure that an actual tear is slipping down his cheek, because Jin’s here too, and isn’t that just great? “Are you seeing someone Jiminie?”

And because the universe apparently hates Jimin, and likes to make every situation as bad as it could possibly be for him, it’s this exact moment that Yoongi walks through the door, with bottle of wine in hand and a smirk on his face.

A smirk that falls off pretty quickly once he sees what’s in front of him.

“Yoongi-hyung?” Jungkook tilts his head. “What are you doing here?”

Yoongi freezes, and sends Jimin a half-hearted glare that he can only shrug at, before letting out a slow breath.

“I…I was bored. Knew you’d all be here. Wanna hang out?”

“But..the wine?”

“There’s a new Maschine at the studio.” Yoongi sighs, resigned to his fate. Jimin mourns all the rose petals he’s wasted. “Thought we could celebrate? Together?”

 

Jimin resists the urge to curl up in a ball in the corner.

 

 

3.

 

Yoongi’s tired. He’s bone-deep, pounding-headache, everything-is-blurry tired, and honestly isn’t in total control of his body right now. He could probably sleep for a week.

“Whoever recommended this is kicked out of the group,” Namjoon groans, running a hand down his very worn-looking face. “Seriously. Why the fuck did we agree to do this?”

“It’s something you gotta do at least once!” Yoongi doesn’t know how Taehyung can still be so full of energy at a time like this. “Marathoning all episodes of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is, like, a rite of passage.”

“How long have we been staring at this screen for? I think my eyes have literally dried out.” Jimin gave up on his contacts about 12 episodes in, and now has his glasses perched at the end of his nose. Yoongi’s had a hard time resisting the temptation coo at him every minute.

“We’re on episode 38, so like 19 hours? Come on, we’re over half way there!”

“No.” Jin stares up at the ceiling. “No more. Hoseok’s been literally shaking for the past 2 hours. We’ll finish the next half after we’ve all had some sleep.”

“But-”

No.” Yoongi’s tired glare is a whole step up from his normal glare, and it’s enough that Taehyung sighs and nods his head. “I’m going home. Don’t bother me unless you want to die.”

“Get home safe, hyung.” Jimin offers him a sleepy smile, and it prompts Yoongi to do something that he never would have done if he was anywhere near the right state of mind.

He stretches over the back of the couch and gives Jimin a goodbye kiss on the lips.

 

The room is silent.

 

“Um…” Hoseok finally speaks up. “Did I just hallucinate that?”

“No, that definitely just happened.” Jungkook’s eyes are so wide Yoongi wonders if he’ll ever be able to close them again.

“It’s just…I…” Yoongi fights the urge to punch himself in the face. Damn his tired, non-functioning brain. “I’m saying goodbye.”

He shifts to give a stunned Taehyung a peck too, before moving to Hoseok, and Jungkook, and Namjoon. All of them just sit there, still as a statue and unblinking. He finally reaches Jin, but the older man moves out of the way and offers a handshake instead.

“I’m alright, thanks. Goodnight Yoongi.”

“Yeah…”

Yoongi chances one more look at his friends, and catches a rather amused-looking Jimin’s eye, before moving towards the front door and speed walking all the way home.

 

Honestly, fuck his life.

 

 

4.

 

 “You’re so cute.” Yoongi leans forward, and puts a hand on Jimin’s cheek. Jimin shivers from the touch. “Seriously, how are you this cute? It’s illegal.”

“Shut up.” Jimin giggles. He’s had a long day, and it’s been far too long since he and Yoongi have had some proper alone time, so the position they’re in currently is heaven on earth for him. “Says the one who ran me a bubble bath with candles. You’re such a sap.”

“Hmm. You are pretty lucky.” Yoongi shifts, and bubbles move with him. “You better reward me, huh?”

Jimin rolls his eyes at the cheesiness, but leans forward anyway, ready to meet in a kiss.

 

And then the knock comes.

 

“Yoongi? Is it cool if I come in?”

It’s Namjoon’s voice, and Jimin wastes no time. He holds his breath and dives under the water, hoping the bubbles will cover him.

He hears the blurred sound of a door opening and a quick conversation, before he can’t hold his breath for any longer. Luckily, Yoongi pokes him to tell him he can come up.

“Oh god,” he gasps, taking in deep breaths. “What was that about?”

“I’m sorry!” To his credit, Yoongi does look genuinely guilty. “Apparently Hoseok invited him round to work on something and I didn’t know. He wouldn’t leave! Kept asking if I wanted any takeaway.”

This makes Jimin pause.

“Takeaway? What kind?”

“I dunno, chicken I think?”

“I could do with some chicken…”

Yoongi raises an eyebrow before shrugging and calling out for Namjoon.

 

Jimin holds his breath again.

 

By this point, he doesn’t know why he expected any different.

 

 

5.

 

Yoongi’s bored. The restaurant they’re all sitting in is nice, sure, but the service is kinda slow and Jimin’s sitting on the other end of the table and Yoongi is just. So. Bored.

So he starts texting.

The first text goes unanswered. Jimin’s halfway through a conversation with Namjoon, and has his phone on silent, so he doesn’t see its arrival. It isn’t until 5 minutes later when Yoongi finally manages to catch his eye and subtly nod at the phone that Jimin reads the message.

 

And promptly turns bright red.

 

“Jimin? Everything okay?”

“Huh?” Jimin looks at a seemingly concerned Namjoon, and nods. “Oh, yeah, sorry. Carry on!”

He sends a text back though.

 

From: Jimin                                           (19:24)

seriously yoongi? here?

 

Yoongi just chuckles.

 

To: Jimin                                               (19:25)

I can’t help it baby, you know what those jeans do to me .

 

This time Jimin reads the text as soon as it comes through, and just rolls his eyes. It seems like he’s going to play along though.

 

From: Jimin                                          (19:25)

oh yeah? how do they make you feel? would you prefer it if I had them off?

 

What follows is an hour long conversation of pure filth. It’s enough to get Yoongi feeling significantly tighter in his pants, and he can’t help but smirk when a squirming Jimin has to excuse himself to the bathroom after a particularly graphic paragraph.

He starts typing up another text, telling Jimin exactly what he’s going to do to him when he gets those jeans off, and sends it just as Jimin’s about to get back to the table.

“You got another text, hyung.” Jungkook picks up Jimin’s phone to pass it to him, and Yoongi realises his mistake all too late. He’s sure that Jungkook doesn’t mean to invade Jimin’s privacy, but he can only watch in slow motion as the young boy's eyes catch onto Yoongi’s name on the phone screen, and then at the vulgar message underneath. He sputters.

“What? What is it?” Taehyung reaches for the phone before Jimin can grab it, and reads the message on the lock screen with wide eyes. “Yoongi-hyung? Why are you sexting Jimin?”

The table immediately falls silent, and everyone turns to stare at him. Jimin looks like he’s about to pop a blood vessel.

“I….” Yoongi’s normally quick at getting himself out of these situations, but he’s stuck this time. “I mean…”

“I’m sure hyung didn’t mean to send it to me, right?”

Yoongi grabs onto Jimin’s words like a life-line.

“Right. It was an accident.” It’s going to take him years to live this down. “I meant to send it to someone else, but their contact name must be next to Jimin’s. Sorry, kid. Just delete it.”

Hoseok lets out a low whistle, and smacks Yoongi on the arm.

“It’s bad enough that you're sexting somebody at dinner with your friends, but to scar your poor dongsaeng with it too? Get a grip, dude.”

“Sorry.” Yoongi looks down at his plate and sighs.

 

Back to boredom it is.

 

 

 

 

 

(+ 1 time they're alone)

 

“Is this actually real? Are we actually here right now? I feel like Taehyung’s going to burst through the door any second and ask me to play Mario Kart with him or something.”

Yoongi laughs, and drops his bag on the floor before joining Jimin in lying on the bed and staring at the ceiling. After their (many) failed attempts at getting alone time, they’ve decided to just bite the bullet and go away for a weekend. Yoongi told the others that he’s meeting another producer in a nearby town, whilst apparently Jimin’s by the coast for a dance workshop. They’re finally alone.

 

It’s weird.

 

“I know what you mean. I still can’t believe they caught us sexting. Good thing we’re friends with a bunch of idiots, huh?”

Jimin hums in agreement, before turning on his side and tracing a finger down Yoongi’s cheek.

“It’s getting harder to hide it, though.”

“I don’t care. I just want to be with you.” A few months ago Yoongi would have cringed at the words he’s speaking, but he’s different now. He grabs the hand next to his face and gently kisses Jimin’s knuckles. “Let’s forget about the others. It’s us time.”

Jimin smiles, and leans forward to bridge the gap between them. The kiss starts off as gentle, but soon builds to something more, with Yoongi leaning against the pillows as Jimin straddles him. He tugs at Jimin’s shirt, which soon goes flying to the floor, and Yoongi’s follows suit.

“You’re so demanding,’ Yoongi teases, when Jimin grumbles impatiently at how hard his belt is to undo. “It’s a good thing I love you.”

They both freeze at this, as the reality of what Yoongi just said hits them.

“I mean- I just mean I-”

“Really?” Jimin sits back, and looks at him with wide eyes. “Do you mean it? You love me?”

“…Yeah.” Yoongi sighs, and cradles Jimin’s face in his hands. “Of course I do. I love you.”

“I love you too.” 

They meet again, all soft kisses and loving laughter, and Yoongi finds himself thinking that there’s nowhere he’d rather be.

 

It may be hard to hide, but it’s worth it in the end.

Notes:

in case any of you haven't seen Friends or just want to know what scenes I'm referencing, here are some links!

(idk how to embed them lol)

the bed scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSovMyXCTaY

the kiss scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geCl_vi8n0g

the bath scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wzy4kEIB8

 

if there are anymore super Friends enthusiasts like me out there then you might be able to guess what the second part of this is gonna be!

my tumblr is jibooty-licious pls talk to me

Chapter 2: Seek

Summary:

Yoongi and Jimin get a bit sloppy

Notes:

thankyou guys for all your awesome feedback about this! im happy that you liked it :))

am I the only one who thinks that Taehyung suits Phoebe so well???

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

I. Hoseok

 

“Where the fuck are they?!”

Hoseok sighs, and presses pause on his laptop before resigning himself to his fate. Crashing and swearing has been coming out of Yoongi’s room for the past 15 minutes now, so it’s probably about time that he intervenes before his hyung stresses himself into an early grave.

“Yoongi-hyung?” He waddles down the hallway, hoping that this is a problem that can be solved quickly. “What’s up?”

“Hoseok. I’ve lost my headphones.” Yoongi’s sitting on the floor, surrounded by what looks like the entirety of his belongings. “My new ones, the Beats? They’re like 200 bucks, but I can’t see them anywhere. I remember bringing them with me at the weekend.”

“Well did you call the hotel you stayed at? I can do it for you quickly if you want, just give me the name and-”

“No!” Yoongi looks so anxious for a second that Hoseok can’t help the suspicion rising in him.

“Okay…”

“I mean…” Yoongi takes a deep breath and smiles. It’s a bit creepy. “Don’t worry, Hoseokie. They’ll probably turn up. If not then I’ll call the hotel myself, it’s fine.”

Hoseok hesitates. There’s obviously something very shady going on here, and Yoongi is definitely hiding something.

Then he decides he doesn’t care.

“Alright.” Hoseok shrugs, and Yoongi sags in relief. “I’m going back to my drama now.”

 

 

Later that evening all seven of them are squashed into Jimin and Taehyung’s apartment. They’re meant to be watching a film, but for some reason this quickly gets dumped in favour of watching Jimin unpack his stuff.

“I can’t believe you still haven’t unpacked.” Jin raises an eyebrow at Jimin. “You’ve been back for a whole day, and only brought a small carry-on with you.”

“Yeah, well, the dancing tired me out.” Jimin continues to pull stuff out of his bag and puts it into piles. Hoseok watches disinterestedly from the couch. “And a day is nothing, hyung. Oh- what’s this?”

The next thing that Jimin pulls out sends a jolt of recognition through Hoseok. It’s a pair of headphones, new and shiny and blue, and Hoseok notes that they look exactly like the ones Yoongi had been searching for earlier.

“Hey, hyung, aren’t they-”

Hoseok freezes mid-sentence.

Those are Yoongi’s headphones. In Jimin’s bag.

Yoongi who had apparently been in the city for a meeting, miles away from Jimin who was staying by the coast. Alone.

And suddenly everything clicks.

“What the fu-”

“Hey, hyung, do you mind if I speak with you for a second?!” Suddenly Jimin’s all up in his face, grabbing his arm in a vice grip and putting those biceps to good use by dragging him into the bedroom. Hoseok’s too shocked to react.

He finds himself thrown onto Jimin’s bed, with the younger’s panicked face looming over him whilst an equally frazzled looking Yoongi slams the door shut.

“What- I- You- The headphones…” Hoseok can’t get his words out. He thinks his brain is imploding. “What is happening?!?

 “Calm down, hyung! Please keep your voice down!”

“What the fuck is happening right now?! I thought you were guys were in completely different cities?”

“We were?” Yoongi’s practically begging with his eyes, but Hoseok’s not having any of it.

 “So what? Your headphones just teleported into Jimin’s bag!?” He thinks he knows what’s going on, but his brain is refusing to let him believe it. “Are you two..?! I mean are you…?”

“Fine, okay, yes!” Jimin takes a deep breath, and runs a hand through his hair. “Yes. We are.”

“You mean you?” Hoseok points to Jimin, and then at a sheepish Yoongi. “And you? Since when?”

“Almost 6 months.”

“SIX MONTHS?!” Suddenly Hoseok’s having flashbacks to all the little things that he’s apparently been missing for the past half a year. Yoongi always double checking how long he’ll be out of the apartment for, Jimin always somehow knowing about Yoongi’s business before everyone else, the fact that he hasn’t seen either of them go home with anyone at a club in forever. It suddenly all falls into place. “WHAT!?”

“For fuck’s sake, Hoseok, shut the fuck up!” Yoongi keeps stealing glances at the door, as if the others are about to burst in at any second. “Nobody else knows, and we want to keep it that way!”

“But why? This is such a big deal!”

“That’s exactly why hyung!” Jimin look so concerned that if Hoseok wasn’t currently paralysed in shock he’d squish his cheeks. “We don’t want everyone to get all weird and make jokes and treat us differently. Things are going so well and…” Jimin’s face softens into a small smile. “We just want to enjoy it for a bit longer. We’ll tell everyone when we’re ready.”

“But I just…I can’t keep it a secret!” He looks at the two standing in front of him, and at the pleading looks on their faces. Hoseok sighs in defeat. “Alright, alright. I won’t tell. Fuck.”

“Thankyou.” It’s Yoongi’s turn to smile now, and he reaches out and grabs Jimin’s hand. Hoseok can feel himself gaping. “Seriously, we appreciate it.”

“This is so gross. What is even happening right now?” But Hoseok can’t help but smile, looking at two of his best friends being so happy, together. “I guess it is kinda great though.”

“Yeah.” Jimin giggles, and looks at Yoongi with so much love in his eyes that Hoseok doesn’t know how he didn’t see it before. “I think it’s kinda great too.”

 

 

II. Jungkook

 

Jungkook doesn’t deserve this. Not at all. He’s just a simple boy, trying to survive in the world of student loans and low wage jobs, and is it really too much to ask that he has a night out now and then to de-stress? Apparently so, because look at where he is now. He doesn’t deserve this.

The moaning outside the door gets loader.

He doesn’t deserve this at all.

All he wanted to do was pee, and he’s always found the idea of urinals a little weird, so had resorted to closing himself into one of the stalls. This, he now realises, was mistake. It was a mistake because now there are two people making out aggressively (at least he hopes it’s just making out) by the sinks and Jungkook is too much of an awkward being to just walk out. So now he’s stuck. He feels like a creep.

He’s psyching himself up to just busting out of the stall and gunning it out of the toilets as fast as he can when it happens. The sound that will surely haunt his nightmares forever.

“Ahh- hyung, fuck!”

He freezes.

The voice sounds an awful lot like Jimin’s.

“Oh god, hyung, there!”

Scratch that, the voice is definitely Jimin’s.

Jungkook’s never wished harder for spontaneous combustion.

This is fine.

He sits down on the toilet lid and covers his ears. If he tries really hard, he can just pretend it’s somebody else. It’s not one of his best friends out there at all. Just a random stranger, getting it on in the club toilets.  No biggie.

Jimin moans again. It’s so not fine.

And then, somehow, it gets worse.

“Fuck, Jimin, you’re so sensitive.”

Jungkook feels his eyes widen and he suddenly wants to cry. The second voice is slightly slurred and breathless, but there’s no mistaking it. It’s Yoongi.

What. The. Fuck.

“Yoongi-hyung!” He can hear Jimin’s voice loud and clear now, too shocked to even try and block out the sound.  Jimin giggles. Jungkook cringes. “We can’t do this here. Let’s go home, now.”

“You wanna leave together like this? Do you know what that looks like?” The voices fade out for a minute, and there are some squelching noises that Jungkook really doesn’t want to think about. “You go first, I’ll leave a few minutes after.”

“Okay.” More wet noises. “Now let’s go! Quick, before somebody walks in!”

“Okay, okay. Fuck, you look so good tonight. I can’t wait to get you alone and-”

Jungkook quickly puts his fingers in his ears and scrunches his eyes shut, in the vain hope that it will stop the mental images invading his brain right now. He doesn’t stop for a good 5 minutes, and then slowly frees one ear. The toilet seems empty, but he still doesn’t move a muscle until he’s absolutely 100% sure that Yoongi and Jimin (because they're together and what the fuck????) are gone.

When he finally leaves, staring blankly in front of him and worrying Jin who tells him that he looks like he’s seen a ghost, there’s only one thought running through Jungkook’s brain.

What the fuck did I just witness?

 

 

III. Jin

 

Jin is 100% sure that Jimin is seeing somebody.

(Okay, it’s more like 70%, but that’s still a majority. Plus when has his instinct ever been wrong before? Never, that’s when)

He’s had his suspicions for a while. Jimin seems happier recently, often smiling secretly to himself and checking his phone as soon as a text appears. He’s been flirting less, and ducking out of plans more, and really that whole ‘incident’ with the rose petals a few weeks ago was just the nail in the coffin. Jimin is seeing somebody, and for some reason he doesn’t want to tell them.

Which is fine. Jin can respect people’s privacy and their right to preserve it.

But he’s also really really curious.

It’s just by coincidence that he sees Jimin in the city one day. Normally Jin would shout out, and have a quick conversation with him before rushing off to do his thing, but something makes him pause this time. He thinks back to a conversation last night, where Taehyung had asked Jimin to go shopping with him today, and Jimin had declined on account of having dance practice the whole afternoon.

Well, Jimin certainly isn’t anywhere near his dance studio right now, which means that he was lying.

Which means that he has secret plans.

Which means that Jimin might be going on a date.

Jin has an idea.

It’s not following if they’re going in the same direction, he tells himself as he keeps an eye on Jimin from the other side of the road. Sure, taking a left 2 minutes ago would have got him to his destination a bit faster, but he’s taking the scenic route. Nothing wrong with that.

Jimin stops. Jin does too.

He watches as the other boy leans against a wall, before taking out his phone and typing something. They’re waiting for another 5 minutes before Jimin suddenly perks up, turning to the right with a big smile on his face. Jin perks up too, ready to finally have his suspicions confirmed and get a glimpse of Jimin’s mystery man.

And then Yoongi appears.

Jin visibly slumps.

So much for the date theory then.

He’s about to cross the road and finally say hello, laughing a little to himself about his ridiculousness, before something makes him pause in his step.

Yoongi finally reaches Jimin, and instead of the small nod that is Yoongi’s usual greeting, he grabs the other boy’s hand. And pulls him close. And kisses him.

Jin can’t help but gasp.

Jimin’s laughing now, playfully pushing Yoongi away before tucking himself into the older boy’s side and leading them down the road. They enter a little café, and he can see them through the window as they settle down and hold hands over the table.

Well then.

That’s unexpected.

 

 

IV. Taehyung

 

Taehyung’s dozing on the sofa when the slam of a door wakes him up.

“Huh?!” He jerks up into a sitting position, and sees Jimin waltzing into the apartment, humming under his breath with a big smile on his face. “Jiminie?”

“Taehyung? Did I wake you? Sorry!”

“Nah, it’s fine.” He checks the time on his phone. 3pm. “I needed to get up anyway.”

“Hmm. Can’t waste a beautiful day like today.”

Jimin shrugs out of his coat, dumps his bag on the table, and does a little twirl before walking into their tiny kitchen. Taehyung raises an eyebrow.

“You’re in a good mood today.”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I dunno, rent? Lack of food? Loneliness?” Jimin snorts at this, but Taehyung just continues. “We have way more reasons to be stressed than happy right now dude.”

“Well I’m not letting any of that get me down.” Jimin’s back in the living room now, and gives Taehyung’s hair a ruffle. “I’ve had a good day, and it’s going to stay that way. Oh, and I’m going out tonight, by the way. Is that cool?”

“It’s fine. I’m helping Jungkook with some stuff anyway.”

“Stuff being completing the 150cc on Mario Kart and staying up til 4am?”

“Why must you always attack me like this?”

Jimin laughs, and Taehyung doesn’t think he’s heard him sound so happy in a long time. Whatever it is that’s got his best friend feeling like this, he’s grateful for it.

“Well I’m going to wash up. Say goodbye before you leave for Jungkookie’s!”

Taehyung just grunts in reply, and throws himself back down on the couch. He stays like that for a good 10 minutes, before sighing and resolving to actually relocate to his room before leaving in half an hour.

And then he spots something on the floor.

It looks like a piece of paper, and he’s close to leaving it before he realises that it must have fallen out of Jimin’s bag when he threw it down earlier. He’s just going to pick it up, and put it back in, when he realises that it’s not a just a piece of paper at all.

It’s a piece of music.

It’s not entirely weird to see Jimin with some music- he does sing sometimes, after all- but this can’t be his. It’s a piano piece, and a complicated one at that. Jimin can’t play the piano.

He looks at the title.

 

‘For Jimin.’

 

….What?

Confused, Taehyung flips the paper, only to see a note on the back. It’s not particularly long, and the handwriting is terrible, but its content is enough to have Taehyung’s eyes bulging out of their sockets.

 

Jimin,

I’m not good at speaking words, but I’m good at writing music, so here you are. I’ll play this for you whenever you want.

These notes are from my heart to yours.

Happy 6th month anniversary love.

Yours always,

Yoongi.

 

“Hey Tae, have you seen my facial wash?”

He immediately unfreezes and scrambles to stuff the paper back into the bag, standing up in time for Jimin to walk back into the room with a towel around his waist.

Jimin looks at him with concern.

“You okay? You look kinda weird.”

“I-” I may have just accidently found a private note to you that was written by our best friend who is also apparently your boyfriend of 6 months and I don’t really know what to do. “I moved it to the toiletry cupboard. Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” Jimin shrugs, but pins him with a look before turning away. “You sure you’re alright?”

“Yep.” Taehyung smiles, but really his thoughts are running a mile a minute. “Just fine and dandy.”

“Okay. Well, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye, Jiminie.”

Jimin closes the bathroom door, and Taehyung slinks to the floor, sending a dirty look to the bag and the note inside that may have literally just changed his life.

What the hell do I do now?

 

 

V. Namjoon

 

“No but guys, think about it. We’re all just beds. You can make a bed as neat as you want, but eventually those sheets are going to get rumpled again. Like us. No matter how much we try to fix things, there will always be another obstacle.”

“Uh, I still don’t really get it.”

“That’s okay, Jungkook, I don’t expect you to. Fundamentally we’re all just rumpled beings.”

“Namjoon?”

“Yes Jin-hyung?”

“Please shut up.”

“I agree.”

“Thanks Taehyungie.”

“Fine.” Namjoon leans back against the car. “Excuse me for trying to make some conversation.”

Namjoon looks around the empty road, before sighing. Hoseok was supposed to be outside, ready to get picked up straight away, and yet they’ve been waiting on the pavement for a good 10 minutes. He has half a mind to walk up to the apartment and drag the man out himself, whether he’s ready or not.

He’s resorted to counting the how many slabs on the pavement before a light switching on catches his eye, and he grins. It’s Yoongi’s room. The older man has the misfortune of having front facing windows, meaning that it’s too easy to look in and see what’s happening when the curtains are open. It’s been an endless source of entertainment to them all over the years.

“Hey look, it’s Yoongi.” Nobody answers him, the other three too invested in their phone screens. “And- wait is that Jimin?”

They all jerk their heads up in unison.

“Shall we ask if they wanna come with us tonight? I didn’t know they were-oh.” Suddenly, Jimin’s pulling his shirt off. Yoongi’s pushing him against the wall. Their mouths are attached. “Oh my god, no. No. What?”

“Namjoon!” Jin stands in front of him, putting a hand on his shoulder and smiling nervously. “Joonie, look at me, okay?”

“But they’re…” Yoongi’s shirtless now, and it’s seems like they’re about to make it to the bed. No matter how much he wants to, Namjoon can’t look away. “Oh my god! Hyung, they’re-!”

“I know, hyung!” Jungkook looks panicked now, growing increasingly red. “Just don’t look!”

“Yes, we kno-wait? You know?” Jin turns his head to shoot a sharp look at Jungkook. “You know about Jimin and Yoongi?”

You know about them?” Jungkook looks shocked now. “Oh thank god, do you know how much I’ve been struggling?! I thought I imagined the whole thing but I didn’t want to say anything in case it was a one-time thing and they got mad at me! I need to talk about this.”

“I know too!” It’s Taehyung’s turn to get involved now, smiling widely and almost jumping up and down in excitement. “I’ve been freaking out the past few days holy shit!”

“Oh thank fuck guys, I was scared I was looking too much into it but the fact you noticed too means-”

“Um, excuse me!” Namjoon can hear the panicked tone in his own voice but can’t stop it. “What the fuck is happening right now?!”

“Oh right. Jimin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung are sleeping together.”

“Really? From what I saw they looked like they were actually dating.”

“Pretty seriously, too, from the note that I found.”

“Well they’re certainly doing something!” Namjoon’s got his eyes stuck to the pavement now, and you couldn’t pay him to look back at the window. The idea of Yoongi and Jimin is way too much for his poor self to handle. “What kind of person leaves the curtains open when they have sex??”

Jin just snorts at this, and goes to say something else when he’s disturbed by a loud voice.

“Sorry guys! I’m all ready to go now.” Hoseok rushes down to the car, and the wide smile on his face falters when he sees the blank look they’re all giving him. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

There’s an awkward moment where nobody moves, and then Taehyung starts talking again.

“Actually Hobi-hyung,” there’s a look on his face that Namjoon doesn’t like the look of. “I was thinking that maybe we could stay at yours tonight? Just stay in and chill.”

Namjoon immediately realises what he’s doing. He’s not sure he wants to be a part of this.

“Uh, really?” Hoseok chuckles, but Namjoon can sense his unease. “Because I’ve been looking forward to going out all day, you know?”

“Then let’s do both.” Aaaand now Jin’s getting involved. “Stay at yours for an hour, and then leave. Is Yoongi in? We could ask him to tag along.”

“I think Yoongi-hyung just wants to be alone for the night.” More chuckling. Namjoon can see Hoseok gulp.

“Nonsense. Let’s go up now, knock on his door.”

“No!” Hoseok stops Jin before he can take another step. “You can’t go in!”

“Why not?”

“Because…” Hoseok pauses now, and level them all with a suspicious look. “What do you know?”

“What do you mean, what do we know?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“Nothing.”

Hoseok backs away now, squinting. Namjoon sighs at the ridiculousness.

“Unless…” Jin takes a step forward. “You know what we know, which is what’s happening right now, you know?”

“What?” Hoseok looks him in the eye, and then snorts. “You don’t know.”

“So let’s go into Yoongi’s room now so that we can all know the thing that we apparently don’t know.”

Hoseok gasps.

“You know!”

“Yes we know!” All five of the men perk up, but honestly Namjoon is still a little confused. “Oh my god, Jimin and Yoongi? What?!”

“Do you know how long I’ve had to keep this hidden?” Hoseok looks like he might cry from happiness. “Oh my god! I’m so happy they told you!”

“Actually…” Jungkook has an unpleasant look on his face. “They didn’t. I heard them making out. They don’t know that I know.”

“And I caught them on a date. They don’t know that I know either.”

“I found Jimin’s anniversary present from Yoongi. Pretty sure they don’t know that I know.”

“I literally just saw them through the window 10 minutes ago and am still in shock.” Namjoon just kinda wants to go home now. “So they definitely don’t know that I know.”

“Well let’s tell them that you know!” Hoseok whines, and Namjoon almost feels sorry for him with how distressed he looks. “You know I can’t deal with secrets! We might as well just get it all out into the open.”

“Or,” Namjoon can feel an idea blossoming in his mind. He’s not one for secrets either, but frankly he’s a bit offended that he’s had to find out about his friend’s apparently serious relationship through a window. “We can mess around with them a little.”

“I like the sound of that.” Jin grins.

“Sure.” Jungkook shrugs.

“I think we all know my answer.” Taehyung smirks.

“I hate all of you.” Hoseok whines. “Just let me know when all of this bullshit is over.”

 

VI. Jimin and Yoongi

 

Yoongi’s still in shock when he walks into the café.

“Hey, hyung, over here!”

He follows the voice until he sees Jimin sitting in a corner booth, smiling over his cup of coffee. The smile turns into a look of confusion when he sees the wide eyed look on Yoongi’s face, though.

“Yoongi-hyung?” Jimin reaches out to take his hand when he sits down. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I just…” He’s not entirely sure how to go about this. “I have a bit of a weird question.”

“Okay…?”

“Does Taehyung ever…talk about me?”

“Talk about you?”

“Yeah. Like, does he ever mention me? In a non-casual way?”

“Hyung, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Okay, here it goes. I think…” Yoongi gulps. “I think Taehyung might be into me. Romantically.”

Jimin blinks. Blinks again. Opens his mouth.

And bursts out laughing.

“I’m being serious Jimin!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I just-!” There are tears streaming down Jimin’s face. “Taehyung? Into you? Oh my god, that is the best thing I’ve ever heard!”

“It’s possible!” Yoongi doesn’t even try to hide the offence in his voice. Jimin howls. “He was hanging out with Hoseok when I left. He came up to me, touching my arm and telling me how good I looked. He asked me if I’ve been working out, Jimin!”

“Well now I know for sure he wasn’t serious.” Jimin puts a hand on his chest as he tries to regulate his breathing again. Yoongi scowls. “It’s just Tae being Tae. You know he’s touchy feely. You’re worrying about nothing.”

“…Fine.” He does have to admit to himself that it’s a bit far-fetched. “Whatever. Now go buy me a coffee for being so mean.”

“You’re so lazy.” Jimin rolls his eyes, but starts to get up anyway. “I wonder why I love you."

 

 

The next day, however, and Yoongi can’t ignore it anymore. It’s definitely happening. Every time he so much as glances in Taehyung’s direction the other boy is already looking at him, and more often than not grants Yoongi with a wink or a lip bite. It’s disturbing.

“Are you seeing this?” he whispers to Jimin, who’s sitting on the sofa next to him.

Jimin just hums, and stuffs more popcorn in his mouth.

“I’m not imagining it, just look at him!”

Jimin turns his head, ready to bestow Yoongi with yet another reason why there’s no way Taehyung could be interested in him, but he’s interrupted.

“Yoongi-hyung.” Taehyung almost purrs, before squashing himself between Yoongi and the arm of the couch. He puts his hand on Yoongi’s thigh. Jimin chokes. “I’ve got to leave for work now.”

“Oh..okay…” Yoongi manages to choke out. “See you later, I guess?”

“I hope so.” Taehyung giggles, before leaning so close into his neck that Yoongi can feel lips moving against his ear. “I miss you already.”

And then he jumps up, sends one last wink, and walks out the front door.

Yoongi swivels to Jimin.

“Now do you see?”

“Yeah, I did actually…” Jimin whispers back, and there’s a weird set to his jaw that Yoongi think might just be annoyance. “I don’t know wha-” Jimin gasps suddenly. Yoongi jumps. “Oh my god.”

“What the fuck?”

“Uh, Yoongi-hyung?” Jimin’s purposefully taking loud now, shooting quick glances at the remaining guys in the room. “Would you mind coming with me to the kitchen for a second?”

“What the actual fu-” Before he can finish, Jimin has pulled him up and into the kitchen, shutting the door and moving as far away from it as he can. “What are you doing?! Do you know how suspicious this looks?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Jimin looks panicked. “Yoongi. He knows.”

“He knows?”

“He knows!”

“Why do you think that?”

“Why else would Taehyung be flirting with you? He’s messing with us!”

“Or maybe he’s just genuinely attracted to me and my raw magnetism?”

Jimin gives him A Look. Yoongi relents.

“Okay, so he probably knows.”

“Exactly!” Jimin runs a hand through his hair. “But how the hell did he find o-”

It’s at this moment that Hoseok strolls in, humming to himself. He gets a cup out of the cupboard. Starts to fill it up. Jimin and Yoongi stare at him.

He freezes.

“Um….” The look on his face almost makes Yoongi laugh. Almost. “What’s up, guys?”

“So, Hoseok.” Yoongi takes a step closer to him. Hoseok gulps. “Had any interesting conversations recently?”

“What?”

“Let’s just cut to the chase.” Jimin crowds even closer. “How does Taehyung know about me and Yoongi-hyung?”

“Oh, fuck…” Hoseok mumbles, before sighing. “I didn’t tell them, I promise!”

“Them?” Yoongi starts to feel a bit of panic set in. How many of his friends were in on this? “Who’s ‘them’?”

“….Everyone?” Before they can even react, Hoseok speaks again. “They all found out in their own ways! You two aren’t as slick as you think you are, you know? But it’s fine! It’s great, because now everyone knows and everyone’s fine with it so we can just get everything out into the open and stop the lying!”

“Wait a minute…” Jimin turns to him with a glint in his eye, pretty much ignoring the last part of Hoseok’s speech. “They don’t know that we know that they know. So…”

“We beat them at their own game.” Yoongi can feel himself grinning. “Brilliant plan, babe.”

Hoseok just whimpers.

 

The next day, and Yoongi is prepared.

“Okay, so you know what to say?”

“I’m not an idiot, Jimin.” He starts dialling the number into his phone. “He’ll be freaked out anyway. “

Then he puts the phone on loud speaker and waits.

“Hello?”

“Taehyung?” Yoongi makes sure to put on his smoothest voice. Jimin rolls his eyes. “Hey, how are you?”

“Yoongi-hyung?” There’s a slight bit of confusion in Taehyung’s voice, but he recovers quickly. “I’m better now I’m talking to you, handsome. What can I do for you?”

“Well…” Yoongi looks up at Jimin, who gestures for him to continue. “I was thinking about what you said yesterday, about how you hope to see me soon, and then realised: why not tonight?”

“….huh?”

“Well I haven’t got any plans, and Hoseok’s out, so I’ve got the whole place to myself. Or the two of us, if you want.” Jimin almost laughs at the sputtering coming from the phone. Yoongi winks at him. “We can have a drink, dinner, maybe some dessert….”

“I don’t…” Taehyung suddenly goes quiet, and Yoongi feels the jolt of victory run through him. “I mean, sure. I’d love to. I’m looking forward to the dessert part in particular.”

“What?” Now it’s Yoongi’s to be confused, sharing a shrug with a wide-eyed Jimin. “Great! See you at mine, at 7?”

“Sounds good, babe. See you tonight.”

The line goes dead, and Yoongi immediately throws his phone onto the couch.

“What the fuck was that? He said yes?”

“He must have figured it out.” Jimin sighs. “He must know that we know that they know! But it doesn’t matter. We can still win this!”

“It’s not exactly a competition.” Yoongi was all up for doing this when a flirty phone call was all that was necessary, but he’s pretty sure he knows what Jimin’s going to make him do next. “Do we have to go through with this?”

“Duh. Now let’s start preparing. We’ve got an interesting night ahead of us.”

 

 

“So, all you have to do is last longer than he does. Just act like you really want to have sex with him, okay? He’ll break character in no time.”

“But I don’t want to have sex with him.” Yoongi wonders how normal it is that his boyfriend is convincing him to seduce his best friend. The answer is probably ‘not very’. “This is so stupid.”

There’s a knock at the door, and the two of them freeze.

“That’s him!” Jimin gives him a quick kiss, and runs towards the bathroom where he’ll be hiding. “I love you! Now go flirt with Taehyung!”

Yoongi sighs, and makes his way to the front door.

“Taehyung,” he greets, and notes that there’s a bottle of wine in the other boy’s hand. “Come on in.”

“I’d love to.” Taehyung strolls in, swaying his hips and moving towards the counter. He pours two large glasses of wine. “Do you want one?”

“Of course.” He picks up the glass and takes a gulp. Then another. Neither of them stop until the glasses are both empty. Yoongi can’t help but wonder how his life got to this point.

“So…” Yoongi looks at Taehyung. Taehyung looks back at him. Yoongi gulps. “I’ve got some music.”

“Great.”

He presses a button on the stereo, and Marvin Gaye starts to fill the room.

Dammit Jimin, really?

“Let’s Get It On?” Taehyung suddenly sounds a lot closer than he was before. “How fitting.”

“Yeah…” Yoongi turns around, and suddenly Taehyung’s face is right there in front of him. “Um, I just need the bathroom. Excuse me.”

“What are you doing!” Yoongi’s welcomed by a slap on the arm when he slides through the bathroom door. “You killed the mood!”

“The fake mood, Jimin!” Yoongi rubs his arm. Jimin’s stronger than he thinks he is. “And Marvin Gaye, really?! What is wrong with you!”

“I thought it would freak him out!”

“Well, it didn’t! I think he was about to kiss me!”

“So break him first! I am not losing to Kim Taehyung. Do you hear me? Now get out there and seduce him!”

He’s pushed out of the door and sees a flustered Taehyung, now with a few more buttons of his shirt undone. Yoongi just sighs internally.

“So then…” Yoongi sounds uncomfortable even to his own ears. This is for Jimin, he tells himself, no matter how messed up this situation is. “Let’s get down to it.”

“Yes.” Taehyung takes a hesitant step forward. “Let’s.”

They both move slowly towards each other.

“I’m going to kiss you now.”

“Not…” Yoongi prays to every god there may be that he wakes up tomorrow and this is all a horrible nightmare. “Not if I kiss you first.”

Taehyung places a light hand on Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi awkwardly holds Taehyung’s waist. Neither of them look each other in the eye.

“Here we go.”

“Yep.” Just crack already, Jesus fuck! “We’re about to kiss.”

Their faces get even closer, stiff and as slow as anything, but still closer.

And closer.

And closer.

And then Yoongi can feel Taehyung’s breath on his lips, and he thinks fuck it.

This is so not worth it.

“Stop! Stop stop stop stop…” He jumps back as far as he can go. “I can’t have sex with you!”

“And why not?” Taehyung has a look of pure glee on his face.

“Because I’m in love with Jimin!”

The front door bursts open as four other people pile in, and Yoongi’s about to go crazy because all of his friends were eavesdropping on his ‘date’ with Taehyung what the fuck, but before he can say anything there’s a hand pulling him around and a boy in his arms.

“I love you too.” Jimin smiles up at him, and suddenly Yoongi is glad that all his friends are there, because finally he’s allowed to show how much Jimin means to him in public. “Even if we did just lose.”

“You guys!” The others are all beaming at them, and Hoseok looks like he’s seconds away from crying tears of relief. “Finally! No more hiding.”

“No more hiding.” Jimin confirms, and Yoongi has to admit that the weight off his shoulders feels great. “Now should we all go get something to eat?”

“Yep!” Taehyung skips over, squeezes in between Jimin and Yoongi, and links arms with both of them. “I have so many questions. We need to know every detail, and I mean every detail, of how this happened. We have 6 months of catching up to do.”

“God, I wish you hadn’t found out now,” he says, but Yoongi can’t find it in him to mean the words. “You guys are such a hassle.”

“Maybe so,” and even Jin looks like all of his Christmas’ have come early, “But we’re happy for you.”

 

“Yeah,” Jimin says to everyone, but he looks only at Yoongi. “We’re pretty happy for us too.”

Notes:

my tumblr is jibooty-licious <33