Actions

Work Header

A Summoner's Advances

Summary:

A simple compilation of one-shot stories of romance between random characters.

Chapter 1: Lunar and Fray

Chapter Text

Fray ended up getting kissed—again—by his dorky friend, pinned to a tree by the arms. Luckily it was just a peck.

Before she could continue, Fray quickly pushed her off, making her bump against a tree trunk.

He felt his cheeks burning, but he felt relieved that it was not in the middle of a public place this time. That time was very close.

He remembered why this has been happening. He was not sure why exactly his good friend Lunar suddenly declared her love exactly at midnight, 12 o'clock, after a Raid mission, after a small celebration involving adult drinking. He seriously was wondering why she fell in love with a person she knew for just a month or so.

...Actually, that was probably enough to scratch the surface of knowing what made him into the Summoner he was now.

But still, this Summoner in front of him was acting indecently.

"Fr-Fray! C'mon, dear, just a really nice kiss like last time?" She puckered her lips a little.

Fray was traumatized by how she had been drunk on beer—beer of all things—that seemed to have led to her proposal after the mission. He blushed upon the recurring memory of how her lips felt, just by seeing her mouth.

"Lunar..." he growled a little. "What do you see in me exactly?"

"Ah, the classic question!" She scrunched up her eyebrows in a way that was rather cute. "Uh... you're a good guy to... mess around? I mean, these past few days, I realized I just liked you around, which is a feeling way better than chocolate!"

She seemed more nervous than usual this time. Apparently, this was now how she acted around Fray when she was being the very thing she disliked: being inappropriate.

"Actually, I like you a lot, so much I really want to take you back, cuddle with you, get you dressed like a cat every day, and..." She blushed, then quickly looked around. "F-F-Fray!? Wh-What were we doing here?"

"Ora, gathering Synthesis ingredients and hunting a few monsters. Did you suddenly lose your memory?" This was a sudden plot-twist.

"What? Then..." Lunar's face turned entirely red, beet red, and imaginary steam went out of her temple. "S-So... so... that all wasn't some dream?"

"What is a dream?" Fray asked.

"That kissing, that pinning you to a tree thing, pinning you to a table, a pillar, then a... a... then confessing to you... all that had already happened from after the Raid mission... did that... ugh, lewd stuff really happen?" She looked so embarrassed like she wanted to blow herself up.

And yes, she did act like that for the past few days. Apparently drinking can really mess with your personality.

"...Yes?"

Lunar stamped her feet on the ground several times so hard that it cracked, then she kicked the trunk of the tree behind her. Every time she hit something, she was made whining sounds.

"Lunar, I thought you were drunk on that beer those nights ago."

"And everyone saw me confess. Confess to you?" She stopped unleashing her anger and embarrassment on nature around her and sat, hugging her knees and rocking back and forth.

"Do you know what made you do all that?" Fray sat next to her.

She did explain. Apparently, a witch decided to prank her for Lunar accidentally destroying her hut in the middle of one of her mass monster battles in the Village of the Venturer, that much was explained in a note she saw found left at her home. Being clumsy did not seem so adorable now.

Lunar's drink was spiked with an extreme love potion, specifically to make her perverted towards her crush once she drank it, so that she would humiliate herself in front of everyone by confessing to Fray. Lunar had been under the influence of the potion ever since until now.

"I... really wanted to tell you later, after we took out Lucius. I actually wanted to even propose to you, marry I mean. Instead, I do it very, very early. I'm so going to take out that witch..." she muttered angrily.

"Lunar," Fray started, putting a hand on her shoulder, "I will go out with you."

What? What was he doing?

"Fray...?" Lunar was looking at him in the eyes.

"I'm not sure if I liked your advances when you were drunk, but I simply wanted you yourself telling me that."

Apparently, he did like her after all. What was there to stop him from liking a vibrant person like her?

"Uh, what are you talking about?"

"I said, I will be your boyfriend, and maybe..." Fray smiled wryly, "...we can talk about marriage, once we turn seventeen that is."

Lunar was overcome by emotion. She remembered all the times she had Fray helping her, getting to know each other, the black-haired girl realizing her love for him on Valentine's Day...

She quickly pinned Fray to a tree, by the arms like a while ago, and kissed him harder than before, mentally crossing something off her bucket list. Fray decided to let that soft feeling go on.

A little later...

"Fray, Lunar, finally you're back! What kept you two?" Seria came back from the house with the green roof, housing the Summoners' alchemical equipment needed to synthesize potions.

"Just a few monsters we easily handled." Fray had to fight hard to keep his expression straight and natural. Lunar silently however made herself more obvious.

"Right..." Seria studied Lunar's red cheeks for a moment, which were slightly hidden by her disheveled hair, then turned back to go to the house.

"You two are still in need of training. I could do the gathering faster in minutes!" Seria was still bossy as ever, but Lunar was certainly not herself for the rest of her day.

Dion would be asking what happened to her, seeing her rare and quiet expression. Semira would know something sly happened, but keep quiet. Everyone else would look confused as to what happened to their hardly-ever-quiet Summoner, and Shimmer would be looking at her intensely.

Lunar would be in her room, writing in her journal/diary about what happened today, and describing the scene a little graphically.

Finally, she beats Shimmer at getting something first: a boyfriend.