3 Bookmarks

List of Bookmarks

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Steve gets beaten up in alleys a lot, but sometimes, there are more things in alleys than just bullies. And sometimes, that's a good thing.

    Series
    Language:
    English
    Words:
    18,239
    Chapters:
    4/4
    Comments:
    12
    Kudos:
    95
    Bookmarks:
    3
    Hits:
    1,646
  2. 03 Aug 2020

    Public Bookmark

  3. 08 Feb 2019

    Rec

    Bookmark Notes:

    A beautiful crossover between Huff and Marvel verses. Henry and Steve of all things and it's lovely. There are some marvelous references to culture, art and history in this story and the characters are compelling. It's the kind of work that you want to read over and over. For my own part I think it's far too short in terms of word count. That's a frequent complaint of mine but when you find a story that you really like it's just sad when it's over.

    Henry is written much closer to they way Huff writes him than some works I've read and Steve is pure and unsullied here. Both of them are very much themselves and I especially enjoyed seeing this back to basic sort of Steve that's sincerely quite beautiful. All of his grace and charm is on display and clearly this is the core of the man that will one day be C.A. but here he's still a work in progress and a delight for those with the understanding to appreciate him.

    I hope all the family and friends that check these recs will want to read this story, it's really a peach. Also a very minor point but one of the characters is apparently from Savannah and I found that charming as well. Especially since there is a very light and even handed reference to the fact that in this time frame race issues were quite different for anyone that was visually something other than a WASP. Also, it's a tiny bit in the story but Henry runs a pansy bar and he's aware that there's a fine line of social tolerance for the spectrum of sexuality. He does the best he can for his clients but he knows that even he has to draw the line somewhere. Henry is an astute fellow here.

  4. 20 May 2016

    Public Bookmark