Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2016-03-14
Updated:
2016-03-14
Words:
1,142
Chapters:
2/?
Kudos:
2
Hits:
72

The Guardians of Eberron

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

Prologue:

This is a world of magic. This is a world of primal beauty, of untamed wilderness, but also of great civilizations and kingdoms, from the small rural community, to the great city of floating towers. This is a world of amazing technological advancements, harnessing the world’s magic to the fullest capabilities. This is a world where heroes with the purest of hearts, intent upon helping anyone in need, be they the richest of kings or the poorest of peasants, fight against the most malevolent of villains, with the blackest of hearts, intent on doing the opposite of their heroic counterparts, in an endless battle of good versus evil. This is Eberron.
At least that’s what it used to be. My name is Eric Everdrawn, and there are a few things you need to know. It’s been two years since the catastrophe that devastated Eberron. Two years since every aspect of normal life changed. The reason why? Regdar. Regdar is an trans-dimensional being with almost infinite power that just popped into existence one day and decided to enslave everything on the planet that breathed. He then proceeded to release any vaguely humanoid monsters into the wilds, curing them of hunger and thirst. The rest of the world was put into stasis pods, and kept as part of Regdar’s personal collection of Eberron’s living things.
Of course, there were survivors of this catastrophe. All of the survivors had three things in common: they were all young, they were all human and they all had powers. Most of them didn’t know they had powers until months after the come of Regdar, and still only a slim 2% or so of the current non-enslaved population even know what their power is. For the most part, only those survivors over the age of twelve survived for long, either from starvation or being eaten by savage monster tribes. Those who survived either did just that, survive, or became like me, dedicated to fighting Regdar, killing any servant of Regdar that they come across simply to spite him(also because goblins are rich in protein), hoping that one day, they may be able to take back Eberron from Regdar. They became rebels.