Actions

Work Header

Three's never a crowd

Summary:

Curiosity killed the cat, no? And satisfaction brought it back. The three of them might have held onto that saying a little too seriously than one might think.

Notes:

Forgive me I have a thing for ot3 pairings and after seeing a number of fanarts for this, I got hooked. To which I will be doing four parts to this, and I dunno how I'll do it given the fact I still have exams and I'm not supposed to be here. May god have mercy upon me.

Chapter 1: Sea Green

Chapter Text

They were beautiful.

Like gods who had descended from their thrones, powerful, and magnificent.

And he was enraptured.

There were times when Nathanaël thought that he wasn't worthy enough to be in their presence, that he was just this mere mortal being nothing but a speck among all this pack of people, an indifference among life they were currently living in.

He was okay with that, he didn't want anymore attention attracted to him than he already had when he was first turn into an akuma a couple of years ago. He was absolutely content with the fact that people didn't seem to notice the boy with red hair and sea green eyes hunching over his sketch book at the back of the class, his thin fingers skillfully gliding on the paper as he sometimes tuned out whatever was happening around him.

But it the end, he was completely, and utterly, different from the both of them

He was an artist, he saw everything that had to do with them, where his would let his eyes linger for a moment longer to relish on the art of just being near them, their aura leaving him craving for more.

Sometimes, when he was left to his thoughts, whether it was at class or at the park, he would draw them, where he would start with her first, his mind eye vividly remembering every single detail that had to do with them.

Her eyes was ferocious, a whirlpool of emotions that he found himself drowning into whenever he managed to make eye contact with her. They were sapphires imbedded within those irises, carefully craved with perfect workmanship that they seem to shine everytime light refracted through, lighting up the whole room with the purity of the glow.

Her hands were nimble, dainty even, soft and smooth as he once saw the way she held the pencil in hand as she too drew onto her book, design upon designs of clothes and accessories filled in the pages as ideas poured out of her easily. The faint creases of concentration lined her brows as she pursed her lips slightly, pink and shimmering with moisture, absolute perfection for a person such as her.

He was at a bench at the other side of the clearing as she sat in front of him, a perfect view he thought, as he lined the shape of her back from where she was slightly hunched over her book.

And then, he would come along.

A perfect impression of Apollo, Nathanaël would muse as the blonde made his way towards her, a smirk on his face he frequently saw nowadays whenever he watched the both of them together, moving and talking like the gods they were.

Where her eyes would leave him breathless for air, the green eyes that flashed dangerously made him want to stare at those orbs a little longer. They were full of forbidden things that he knew he wasn't allowed to see, so guarded, so careful, as if the owner was hiding a whole different existence from the universe. The barrier to the world from seeing into his soul was the kindness he build up for everyone around him, including Nathanaël himself. But when those two significants meet up together, where for that short moment of time they were in their own little world where there were only the two of them, Nathanaël saw how that barrier was lowered the slightest bit, just enough for her to see, and he knew why it was built in the first place.

He knew then why storms were named after people.

He felt the tight feeling in his chest as he saw Marinette greet him, a twitch of a smile that it seemed only Adrien would understand, because suddenly he had a full blown grin stretching upon his face.

He was the perfect vision of a model he was born to be. There were times when Nathanaël couldn't stop himself from staring, how his fingers would twitch everytime the model would throw his head back and laugh, the elegant length of his neck that was exposed to everything around him was something the red haired had captured on paper, where the thin tip of pencils would duplicate the bump of his Adam's apple and the dip of his collarbone.

Sometimes, Nathanaël would get too far and continue to draw the sharp structure of his jaw, completing the whole portrait with the way his golden hair glimmered under the light, his eyelashes curled naturally upon his cheeks that they were far from wasted on him than it should be on any normal man.

It would always strike Nathanaël at how perfect they were with each other, how in sync their movements had always been as if they knew how the other would think next.

He was curious at how would it feel to be as powerful as them, to feel as if the whole world was running in your veins. Her words of justice and his attitude of determination was something he envied them for, and yet, they were endearing to him that he had once thought he was going insane with his obsession of them.

He was also curious of other things.

He was curious, on how it would feel to taste the soft looking lips of hers that he had memorised visually, how would it feel to trace the neck he had seen and drawn a number of times under his finger tips, to imprint them in his mind and to know the satisfactory of being with them.

As if they could feel the burn of his stare, they faced his way, and he felt his breath hitched in his throat as he froze in his seat, the pencil hovering over the unfinished hand that was tilting the chin of the owner's lover.

The look they gave him was smoldering, penetrating through his soul that it was as if they knew he was thinking about them all this time, that they knew he was currently drawing them without their direct consent.

Nathanaël licked his dry lips as he tried to discreetly close the sketchbook in his hand, noticing the way green eyes narrowed at the action as blue ones darted to the book, an odd look on her face that could only be identified as curious, because he could always recognise that same expression he always tried to hide whenever he was in their presence.

He thank the heavens above as the school bell rang, quickly shoving the utensils in his pencil case as he got up, feeling their eyes prodding onto his skin as he made his way to their classroom, the normal plans of avoiding them already whirling in his brain.


 

"He's intimidated by us." Adrien stated as they saw the red haired climbing up the stairs, where he was clutching the book and the pencil case at his side.

Marinette hummed in agreement, closing her own sketchbook as she noted the way Nathanaël's shoulders were tensed, his hair a bit out of place that she was tempted to run her fingers through it to smooth it back. "More than usual," They stood up to get going as well. "Do you think he already knows?"

He stretched his arms above his head, the feline like behaviour rearing its head once in a while even if they were not in costume. "Not about us wanting him maybe, but he's starting to realise his own needs first," He gave a wicked smile. "He's very talented with those hands of his by the way."

She gave her own smile when she managed to peek at how beautiful the drawings he did of them. How they were very detailed, as if he was gentle on doing it to make it perfect. "When are we going to tell him though?"

He slung an arm across her shoulders, bringing her closer to him as they started to walk their way towards class. He buried his nose into her hair, the wiff of vanilla filling his senses. "Eventually, when he calms down a bit."

"I don't think he would, after what we're going to tell him," She muttered, wrapping an arm around his waist. "He's already jittery as it is."

"He's Nathanaël, he's always jittery."

She giggled as they threaded up the stairs. "And endearing too."

His eyes flashed with something akin to glee. "That I can agree," He paused. "Maybe you should go to him first. If I do, he'll have a heart attack and none of this would work if he's already dying on the ground."

She snorted. "Very dramatic, kitty. Fine, I'll go to him first, and I'll tell you when I'm done."

He gave a squeeze before letting go, winking at her as he opened the door for her to class. "After you, My Lady."