Actions

Work Header

The Cold Moon

Chapter 10: Porphyria

Chapter Text

Alessia pulled into her driveway. As she did, she spotted Embry’s jeep parked in the street. As soon as she got out of the truck, Embry hurried out of the jeep and made his way over to her. “Hey, gorgeous.” The shifter said with a charming smile. “How was school?”

“Eh, school was school.” Lis replied with a slight smile as the space between the two lessened. Alessia stood on the tips of her sneakers and brushed her lips against her boyfriends. “I missed you.” She confessed as she placed her hand against his chest.

Embry placed his hands on her hips, pulling her in closer. “I missed you too, beautiful.” The young man admitted as he pressed his lips against hers. The two deepened the kiss as Alessia clutched at his shirt, her nails biting into the fabric.

The shifter’s hands slid from her hips down to her ass. He gently pawed at her curves as he slid his tongue into her mouth.

Alessia gently nipped on the tip of his tongue before she broke away from the kiss. She looked up at him from beneath her long lashes, a soft smile gracing her kiss swollen lips. “If we don't stop, we’ll end up in the bedroom.” Over the past few months, as their relationship became more serious, Alessia and Embry had had plenty of times where they almost went all the way. However, Alessia would always stop things before they went too far. She wanted to be sure that this wasn't some short-lived relationship. She didn't want to do anything that she would regret. It would be her first time and she had heard that you never forget the first time. Alessia wanted it to be special, not a quickie in the afternoon before her dad came home.

“Would that be so bad?” Embry said as he leaned down and began to leisurely kiss along her jaw.

The young woman bit down on her bottom lip as he toyed with her. She tilted her head back slightly as he trailed his kisses down to her neck. Her hands moved to the back of his shirt, clutching it tightly as if she were going to fall over. However, as quickly as his kisses began, they stopped just as fast. Embry’s head shot up when he smelt the sickly sweet smell. He twirled around as fast as he could, all the while staying in front of Alessia. Clenching his teeth, he attempted to hold back the shift as he stared down four vampires. One he noticed was the vampire from the cafe. “You need to leave.” The shifter bit out.

A simper edged its way to Aro’s lips. “Where here to see Alessia.”

“She doesn't want to see you!”

When Alessia recognized the voice, she stepped out from behind Embry and gave the Volturi family a kind smile. “Embry, be nice.” She scolded. “This is the Volturi’s. Aro,”she motioned her head toward her teacher. “Marcus,” she repeated the action and looked toward the man. “And my friend Caius. I’m afraid I can't introduce you to the last man.” Lis confessed. “But they all just moved to town. Aro and Marcus are my new history and Art teachers.” The girl explained.

“I’m their cousin Demetri.” The fourth man introduced himself.

“It’s nice to meet you, Demetri. Is there something I can do for you guys?” Alessia questioned the four men.

“We came to visit with you.” Aro divulged. “It seems we walked in on something though, I apologize.”

Lissie went bright red. “We were just finishing and getting ready to go inside. Would you guys like to stay for dinner?”

“No!” Embry shouted.

“Yes.” Aro said at the same time.

“Embry! Be nice. They can stay for dinner if they want.” Lis reprimanded. “What would you guys like to eat?”

“Do you know how to make any Italian food?” Caius inquired.

“I can make spaghetti.” Lis told her friend. “Does that sound okay?”

“Spaghetti would be wonderful, cara.” Aro smiled as he made his way over to her. He gently took hold of her hand. It didn't go unnoticed that where they touched thrummed to life. Placing a gentle kiss on the backs of her fingers, he looked her over for a moment. She looked lovely. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips swollen from being kissed, her hair was down in soft waves. However, her clothing choices were something that needed to be refined. Especially if she was going to become their Queen. He couldn't have her going around the castle in ripped jeans and a flannel. “I would love it if you showed us around your lovely home.”

Embry quickly grabbed Alessia’s hand and yanked it away from the vampire’s grasp. “If you're going to be here, don't touch her.” The young man ordered.

“Embry, what is wrong with you?!” Lis pulled her hand back and glared up at him. “If you're going to stay for dinner, you need to be nice.” The girl lectured as she made her way into the house. Embry covered his eyes for a moment and ran his hand down his face as one by one the vampires filed into the house. He needed to get these bloodsuckers away from Lis. However, he didn't know how to do that without her throwing him out of the house. The shifter shook his head and ran inside the house. Once he reached inside, he watched as Alessia showed them around her house.

“This is the living room. The dining room is just over here.” She pointed to the room that was across from the living room. “The kitchen is just over there.” She motioned her head in the room's direction that was just past the dining room. “There’s a bathroom on this floor, then three bedrooms upstairs and another bathroom.” Pausing, Alessia turned to face the young men. “If you guys want, you can hang out in the living room with Embry while I make dinner. My dad should be home soon. He’ll be happy to meet all of you.”

“I wouldn't go that far…” Embry said under his breath as he flopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.

“Ignore him.” Lis rolled her eyes. “He’s just in a bad mood.” The young woman made her way into the kitchen with Marcus at her heels. “Would you mind if I helped make dinner?” Marcus asked.

“That would be great. How much do you think your brothers and cousin can eat?” Lis queried as she got two big pots from the cabinet and placed them on the stove.

“Oh, they don't eat very much.” Marcus said with a wave of his hand as he watched her move about the kitchen. The way she moved was hypnotizing, from the way her hips swayed when she walked, to how she grabbed the items she would need for cooking. It all drew him in. She looked beautiful. Marcus had an extremely hard time when it came to resisting touching her. The urge was so great it made his fingers itch.

“Okay, I’ll still probably need to make a lot. Embry eats a lot.” She admitted as she cut up some onions. “So how do you like living in Forks? I’m sure it’s a lot different from Italy.”

“It is, but I do like it here. The town is very… What's the word? Homey?” Marcus replied as he grabbed a few cloves of garlic from the counter. He prepared the garlic for the dish as the two spoke. “I do miss Italy though.” The vampire confessed.

“Why did you leave then?” Alessia asked as she finished chopping up the onions. She took hold of the chopping board and poured the onions into one of the big pots.

“Demetri found this little town and wanted to move here. We followed. He’s like a brother to us.” The vampire informed the girl. “Plus it was a nice change. We’ve lived in Italy most of our lives, it was time for a change of scenery.”

Alessia moved on to preparing the meat for the sauce. “That makes sense. I’ve lived here all my life. Sometimes I’d like a change of scenery, too.”

“Where would you like to go?” The young man mused.

“Paris. I’ve always wanted to see the Mona Lisa. I’d like to go to England and Scotland someday too. Italy would be nice as well.”

A smile formed on his lips when he heard her answer. “Maybe someday you’ll get to see all those places.” Marcus said as he added the garlic to the pot. The next thing he grabbed was a couple of jars of sauce and he poured them into the pot. Now he just needed Alessia to finish with the meat and they could start cooking.

“Yeah, I have a long list of places I’d like to go.” The girl acknowledged. “I’ve already been saving up some money to go to Paris. It's not much, but it's a start.”

Marcus leaned against the counter, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her add the meat into the pot. Soon enough, she added water to the second pot, and the spaghetti followed. “That’s always a good start. Any bit helps. Have you thought about maybe applying for an art school in Paris?”

“I’ve thought about it, but I doubt I'm good enough to get in. I would love to make art professionally, but right now it's more of a hobby.”

“You forget I’ve seen your work. Out of everyone in the school, your work is the best. I could write up a recommendation letter for you.”

A smile edged its way to the corners of her lips. “I’d like that. Thankyou, Mr. Volturi.”

“Please, call me Marcus.”

Blush filled her cheeks as she went to stir the food. As soon as she turned around, she spotted Marcus taking a deep breath and his eyes were pitch black. “Your eyes!” Alessia strode over to him and looked up at him. Sure enough, they were void of any color. There was no way that the lights here at her house made his eyes appear black. “Why do your and Caius’s eyes do that? He said it was because of the lights at the school.”

“It's a disease that runs in our family. It’s called Porphyria.”

“Do you all have this disease?”

“We do.” Marcus replied. “It isn't curable, I’m afraid.”

“That sucks, I’m sorry. Maybe someday they’ll find a cure.” Alessia said as she went to stir the food again. Both of the contents in the pots were at a boil now. It wouldn't be long before the food was done.

“Perhaps one day.” Marcus said as he watched her closely as she turned off the stove and stirred the food one last time.. He wanted to touch her so badly, to feel that tingling sensation again. However, he denied himself the simple act. The sound of the front door opening filled the house. “Lis I’m home!”

“In the kitchen, Dad!” Lissie shouted as she grabbed a strainer and poured the noodles in it. Straining it over the sink. She hurried, adding the noodles to the pot full of meat sauce and stirred it in, mixing the ingredients. It wasn't long after that Charlie walked into the room.

“Hey there, Lis. Who are your friends?” Charlie asked as he looked at the man that looked around his age.

“This is Marcus Volturi, he’s my new art teacher.” Alessia explained. “His brother, Aro is in the living room. He has the black hair. Then his younger brother Caius is there and so is his cousin Demetri. They stopped by to see how I was doing.” Lissie gave her father a big smile as she picked up the big pot of food and took it out to the dining table.

Charlie held out his hand to the man named Marcus. “Nice to meet ya’. I’m Charlie.”

Marcus took hold of the man’s hand and shook it. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Charlie.” As the two got introductions out of the way, Alessia ran back and forth grabbing plates, forks, and glasses to add to the table. She then grabbed some drinks from the fridge and placed them down on the piece of furniture. “Dinner’s ready guys!”

Series this work belongs to: