Actions

Work Header

the power of a kiss

Summary:

One thing Jacob always wanted was to be with Bella, so he tries to force himself onto her but she stops him and runs to the protection of the Cullens. Bella must deal with Jacob's forcible actions and the Cullens help her. In the days that follow the Cullens seek to punish Jacob for attacking one of their members.

Chapter Text

Bella couldn't believe what just happened. Jacob just forced himself on her and she punched him in the face and broke her hand. She couldn't believe Jacob would do something like that but now as she holds her hand to her chest, he has a big ass smile on his face. She started walking in the direction of her truck. 

 

“Bella, where are you going?” Jacob asked as he jogged to catch up with her. 

 

“Home” was her only response. As she reached her truck she reached for the door but before she could open it Jacob grabbed her, turned her around and pinned her against it. 

 

“Like hell you're going straight to your bloodsucker!” he growled in her face. 

 

“What the hell does it matter what I do?”

 

“Because we just shared something special. I know you felt it, I felt it too. Now you know what you really feel. Now you know you have options. You don't have to change for me. You wouldn't have to  die, wouldn't have to say goodbye to your mother and father. I love you Bella, I know you love me too” he said as he leaned down and connected his lips with her again. She pushed against his shoulders but he wouldn't budge. He Infiltrated her mouth with his tongue. After a few seconds he pulled back with that big ass smile as he started to rome her body with his hands. He started moving his groin against her body.  

 

“Jacob! Stop it!” she yelled as she banged her hands on his shoulders even as her hand still hurt. He just stood there smiling and then moved to her neck and started biting. 

 

“Bella you can lie to everyone else but you can't lie to me or should I say your body can't. I can see you like this, I can see your body's reaction to me” he said as he continued his exportation of her body. Bella yelled for help. 

 

When she discovered that no one was going to come and save her she decided to save herself. She lifted her knee up as hard and fast as she could into Jacobs groin. Just like any other man Jacob fell to his knees with a whimper of pain as he held his crotch. Bella quickly took advantage of his pain and got into her truck. She quickly kicked the truck into gear and drove home as fast as legally possible. 

 

The adrenaline started to wear off and pain enveloped her broken hand. She decides instead of heading home she heads to the Cullens. She knew that if Jacob wanted to chase after her then she would have 7 vampires to back her up. 

 

When she pulled onto the hidden road of the Cullens she saw all 7 of them standing in front of the house. Alice must have seen her decision to come. Bella pulled to a stop and got out and Edward was by her side in an instant. 

 

“Love, are you alright? Alice saw you coming here but she wouldn't say why” Edward asks as he pulls Bella towards the others and wraps his arms around her waist. 

 

“Carlisle, would you mind taking a look at my hand? I think I broke it” 

 

“Of course Bella”  he says as he walks towards Bella and gently takes her hand in his. 

 

“Well luckily it’s not broken, just sprained. I'll wrap it when we get into the house. May I ask what happened” Carlisle asks as he looks at her. 

 

“I punched Jacob in the face. He didn't even feel it” 

 

“What did that mutt do!?” Edwards almost growled as he tightened his arm around Bella.

 

“H-he forced himself onto me” Bella barely got out before she felt the tears fall down her face. Exhaustion took over her and she fell. She was ready to feel the ground but instead she felt two different sets of cold arms. When she looked, she wasn't surprised when she found Edward had his arms around her but the other person surprised her. Rosalie stood on the other side of her. With a look of worry, anger and she looked scared. 

 

“How far did he get?” Edward growled out as he and Rosalie walked Bella towards the house. The two of them each had an arm and helped Bella into the house and into the living room and the rest of the Cullens followed. They set Bella onto the couch. 

 

“How far did he get?” Edward asked again once Bella was comfortably on the couch. 

 

“He kissed me and then I punched him and headed for my truck. When I got to it he pushed me against it before I could open the door. He then started groping my body after he kissed me again. After that he pulled away and started kissing my neck and I yelled for help. When nobody came to my rescue I decided to rescue myself. I kneed him in the junk. While he was on the ground I got into my truck and got out of there. I was going to head home but I knew that Jacob would follow me so I came here” Bella finished and she flinched when she heard a chorus of growls.  

 

“We’re sorry Bella we don't mean to scare you but he has harmed a member of our family” Carlisle says as he comes into the room with wrap for her arm and gets to work. Bella started to smile. 

 

“A member of your family. I'm family?” 

 

“Of course you are sweet heart” Esme smiled as she came to Bella’s side on the couch and pulled her into her arms once Carlisle was finished wrapping her hand. The two of them sat like that for a few minutes and everyone else just sat in silence. 

 

“We have to do something! We can't let Jacob get away with this!” Emmet angrily snarls.

 

“He's not getting away with anything but for right now our focus needs to be on Bella” Carlisle says and everyone silently nods. Bella pulled away from esme’s embrace and stood up and started aggressively rubbing her arms, she suddenly felt very dirty. 

 

“Clean, gotta get clean. Dirty…”  her arms were pinned to her side as Jasper came up and wrapped his arms around her to still her bruising movements. He tried to calm her with his power but she was just too riled up.  

 

“Carlisle she won't calm down, give her a sedative” Alice says as she looks on worriedly. Carlisle vamps out of the room and comes back not a second later with a syringe in his hand. 

 

“Keep her arm still” 

 

Emmet walks over and holds Bella’s arm down so Carlisle can inject the syringe. Once the sedative is delivered, it works almost Instantly and she falls asleep. Emmet lets go and Jasper hands Bella to Edward. 

 

“I am going to call Charlie and tell him that Bella will be staying here tonight” Alice says as pulls out her phone and rings Charlie. 

 

Everyone listens as Alice tells Charlie Bella will be staying with them tonight. He doesn't like the news and tells her that he will be there by the next morning to pick her up and take her to the reservation. Another round of growls were let out into the room at that. The phone call did not last much longer. 

 

“Are we really going to let him take her back to that place?” Rosalie almost growled out. 

 

“It will be up to her. But I highly doubt that she would want to go anywhere near that place or Jacob ever again” Carlisle explains. 

 

The room fell into silence as Edward held Bella in his arms and everyone else watched on. All of the room's occupants stood around the couple as if like guard dogs. Before they knew it the sun was rising and Bella was waking. 

 

“Good morning, Love. how did you sleep” Edward asked when Bella opened her eyes. 

 

“Yesterday. Was yesterday real?” Bella asked as she looked from one Cullen to the next. 

 

“Unfortunately” 

 

“I cant believe Jacob would do something like that. I trusted him, I loved him like a brother… Oh Edward, you were right about him. I'm so sorry I didn't Listen to you” she started to cry and Edward tightened his arms and shook his head.

 

“That's all in the past” 

 

“No it's not, you knew what he was thinking for crying out loud. I should have listened to you” Bella cried.

 

“Bella none of this is your fault, you wanted him as just a friend and to my knowledge you told him that over and over again. He just couldn't get that through his thick nonexistent brains” Rosalie expresses from her spot in the room. 

 

“Not to bring down the mood but we called Charlie yesterday and told him you were staying the night but he said he would be by today to take you to the reservation. We must also talk about what we are going to do. A member of the pack has broken the treaty. We need to talk to Sam about retribution and consequences” Carlisle says in his coven leader voice. 

 

“I-I want to be at the meeting” Bella says. Edward growls and shakes his head.

 

“No. no way on hell you're going anywhere near them or him” 

 

“Edward, the whole reason for having the meeting would be about me. I want to be there to hear what the wolves have to say about one of their own harming a human when their whole job is about protecting them” Bella gets out in one breath. Edward shakes his head again but Carlisle jumps in.

 

“She is a member of our family and coven, she deserves to be Involved in any family decisions. She also has her own reasons for going” when Carlisle finishes Edward turns to Bella. He looks at her in silence for a few minutes before nodding. 

 

“Back to the matter at hand. I will go call Sam and request that we meet at the treaty line to discuss an important matter. I will not tell him what until we meet and I will request he bring all the wolves” Carlisle says and he walks out of the room. Everyone waits holding their breath to see how Sam will respond to a request for a meeting. After a few rings Sam picks up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello Sam, it's Carlisle. I’d like to request a meeting” a growl answered.

 

“Whatever you want to say can be said over the phone leech” 

 

“I really think that this conversation should be had in person” 

 

“Why what's it about?”  

 

“Again this conversation should be had in person. If you agree to the meeting I will tell you all about it” 

 

“Fine! I’ll talk to the elders and get back to you” with that being said Sam hung up the phone and Carlise walked back into the room. 

 

“He said he would talk to the elders and get back to me” Carlisle says for the Benefit of Bella who as a human did not hear the conversation. 

 

“Bella? Charlie will be here later today but it is up to you whether you want to go or not” Carlisle said as he looked at Bella to gauge her reaction. Bella shook her head.

 

“I don't want to go anywhere near that place or him ever again” 

 

“Then you don't have to” Carlisle says and the room sits in silicone for a few seconds. 

 

“So now what do we do?” Bella asks, looking around the room.

 

“Video games!” Emmet yells as he pumps his fist in the air. He was just a big child and he loved playing video games with Bella because he always crushed her. Emmet set up the TV and gave a remote to Bella. Everyone else sat around watching as they started to play Call of Duty. 

 

Two hours passed and they played game after game. A knock at the door pulls them from their family bonding time. Carlisle walks to the door and opens it already knowing who was on the other side. 

 

“Morning chief Swan” Carlisle says but doesn't move aside to let him in.

 

“Morning doctor, I'm sure you know why I'm here. So where is she?” he says as he tries to push his way into the house. Carlisle being a lot stronger than him doesn't budge. 

 

“I'm sorry chief Swan but she doesn't want to go to the reservation” 

 

“More like Edward doesn't want her to go. I want to see my daughter!” Charlie angrily spats and he unclips his gun from the holster. It won't hurt Carlisle but they still have to keep up pretentious so he moves out of the way. Charlie heads to the living room, he gets angry when he sees Edward. 

 

“Lets go Bella, you need to get out more and your best friend wants to see you” he says as he walks towards Bella as if to grab her. Jasper and Emmet step in front of him and stop him in his tracks. 

 

“Dad I don't want to see Jacob” 

 

“Well you're going to! He was there for you when you needed him but now that the Cullens are back you're just going to leave him high and dry!” Charlie yells. 

 

“Dad, he kissed me,” Bella says, trying to tell him why she doesn't want to go anywhere near him. Charlie just laughs.

 

“Good for him” he smiles, which earns him growls from every single vampire. 

 

“Good for him? Good for him! He pushed himself onto me, kissed me against my will and you congratulated him! He Assaulted me and you just congratulate my attacker!” 

“Now Bella I don't think you have to take it that far” 

 

“I punched him” 

 

“Well then now you are going to see him and see if he wants to press charges” 

 

 “You've gotta be kidding me! Your daughter tells you she was assaulted and you want to take her to the boy who did it and see if he wants to press charges! You are messed up in the head” Rosalie yells from her spot. 

 

“This is all a misunderstanding. We are going to see what Jacob has to say about it”  

 

“Dad, I don't want to see him!” Bella yells as she stands up. 

 

“You're going to go and you're going to see Jacob. If you dont you can kiss our relationship goodbye!” Bella gasps.

 

“Why? Do you really want to lose me over your fascination with me dating Jacob and learning what you just did you still want that” 

 

“He is a much better man for you, so yes if you don't come with me now you can kiss our relationship goodbye” Bella looks around the room but after a few seconds she lowers her head and nods not wanting to lose her father. 

 

“Good now let's go” Charlie says as he heads for the door. Bella turns to Edward and hugs him. When she pulls out of the hug she turns to Carlisle.

 

“Would you stand at the treaty line?”

 

“Of course, we will be able to hear you so just call out if you need us” he says as he walks over to her. 

 

“But you can't cross the line” 

 

“We will deal with that when you are safe” 

 

“Let’s go Bella!” Charlie yells from the front door. 

 

“I don't want to do this but I don't want to lose Charlie” Bella says as she takes one last look around the room. All the Cullens wear looks of anger at Charlie for making her go, fear for what the wolves will do to her while she’s over there, and anxiety about how they are going to help Bella through all of this. Bella walks out of the room and out of the house.

 

When she makes her way to her fathers cop car he alright has the passenger door open and has the car started. She silently climbs into the car and when she closes her door Charlie speeds off. 

 

On the way to the reservation she knows she can't see them but she can feel the vampires as they run in the woods easily keeping up with the speed of the car. 

 

“Now we are not going to talk about this whole Jacob thing while we are there. Are we clear?” Charlie states in his self Proclaimed cop voice. As they passed over the treaty line Bella felt all the vampires stop. Bella couldn't help but roll her eyes at her father that she no longer held any respect for. 

 

“Yeah sure whatever you want Charlie” Bella says as she keeps her eyes on the passing forest. The rest of the ride was spent in silence as the two made their way to Billy Black's house. 

 

When they arrived there were a bunch of cars and boys standing outside without shirts on. Bella had a guess on why they were standing around there. They knew she was coming to Billy’s and they wanted to know the reason behind the Cullens calling a meeting. 

 

Charlie and Bella get out of the car and walk towards Billy’s door. All the boys turn their heads when Bella approaches. A few start to whisper and others give her dirty looks. Some of them even growl as she passed. 

 

When they made it into the house Billy was sitting in front of the TV and Jacob was sitting next to him but when he saw Bella he smiled as he stood up and walked towards her as if to hug her. Upon seeing him she backed up and out of the house. Chalire just walked to Billy and the TV pulled both of their attention. 

 

“Jacob stay the fuck away from me” Bella angrily spats as she continues to back up out of the house getting the attention of the boys standing out side. 

 

“I just want a hug, bells, is that wrong?” Jacob says as he conutes his advances for a hug. 

 

“Yes it is wrong especially after you pushed yourself onto me yesterday” Bella says as she sweats Jacob's hands away. He lucky takes the clue that she doesn't want a hug but he doesn't back up. 

 

“You wanted that kiss you just didn't know it yet but now that you have felt how much I love you, you have choices” Jacob says happily. 

 

“I don't love you Jacob, I have always seen you as a brother nothing more. But after yesterday i don’t even see you as that anymore” as Bella finished Jacob growled. One of the boys steps up next to Jacob. 

 

“Jacob, maybe you should go take a walk” the boy says as he puts his hand on Jacob's shoulder but Jacob shakes him off and starts to shake. 

 

“Even after what we shared he still has his claws in you. Well maybe this will change your mind” Jacob says and before Bella could even decipher what Jacob meant he leaned down and kissed her again. 

 

She pushed at his shoulders but he did move. Not even a second later his lips were gone. Two of the shirtless boys were holding onto Jacob’s arms as he struggled against their grip. 

 

“Get him out of here!” the boy from earlier yells at the two and they drag Jacob away and out of sight. He turns to look at Bella. 

 

“Are you alright Bella?” he asks. 

 

“You better get that asshole away from me!” she spats as she pulls in breath after breath trying to bring down her anger level. 

 

“Of course. May I ask you something?” he asks as he looks at Bella. 

 

“Yeah sure, what?” 

 

“Why are you pushing him away? Jacob said he Imprinted on you. He hasn't been able to shift in a few weeks cause he's been away from you and than yesterday he was all excited and then came back to the pack house and said you had gotten a phone call from your leech and rush off but not before you guys kissed” he said and Bella was flabbergasted. Is that really what Jacob told them and they just believe him. She was now very, very angry.  

“You think Jacob Imprinted on me?” the boy nods. That makes Bella angry, she looks at the boy and then looks around her. The rest of the boys are just standing around and listening in on their conversation.  

 

“No he didn't imprint on me. I am mated to Edward Cullen of the Cullen coven” Bella states.

 

“About that. What do your Cullen’s want to talk about, i'm guessing you know they asked to meet up” 

 

“You’ll have to meet with them, I'm not telling you anything. I'm going inside to tell Charlie I will be leaving” she says as she heads towards the house not giving the boy any chance in talking. When she walked into the house she saw Charlie and Billy yelling at the TV. 

 

“Charlie I'm ready to go” 

 

“Oh come on Bella we haven't even been here an hour yet. You should spend more time with Jacob. He really misses you” Charlie says, not taking his eyes off of the TV. 

 

“No way in hell am I spending anymore time with that asshole. Especially after he just kissed me against my will. Again!” Bella yells and Charlie stands up. 

 

“Now Bella we talked about this, it was just a misunderstanding” 

 

“No Charlie it was not, he kissed me without my consent, that's assault! Now if you're not going to drive me home then I will just walk” Bella says as she walks to the door. She doesn't hear Charlie’s footsteps walking after her so she walks past the boys, past Charlie’s car and towards the treaty line knowing the Cullens would be there for her. 

 

She walked and walked until she could see the Cullens. They all looked from happy to see me to watchful over the woods. As she walks closer to them their faces change from calm to fear. 

 

"Bella run!" Edward yells. She starts running towards him but right before she reaches his arms she's plowed to the ground by a massive form. 

 

She hears growling and snarls as she tries to get up but she's discombobulated. She feels wetness slide down face when she reaches up it feels sticky and when she pulls her hand away it's red, blood. She feels a heavy weight over her. 

 

Looking around she sees the Cullens all crouched ready for a fight but still on their side of the treaty line. A giant wolf was over her, she guessed was Jacob. The sound of paws hitting the ground was heard over the growling and snarls. 

 

All the wolves came into view and shifted back to human, they didn't care about their state of undress at the moment. 

 

"Jacob, stand down! Now!" Sam yelled and Jacob scampered off of Bella. Sam glared at him as he walked towards Bella. When he got in close proximity to her the whole Cullen clan growled at him but he continued towards her. 

 

"Are you okay?" He asks as he kneels down next to her. She shakes her head but then discovers that that was a bad idea. 

 

"I'm fine I just want to go home" she says as she looks at the Cullens. Edward goes to step over the line but the other wolves growl at him and Jacob tries to lunge at him but Sam stops him. 

 

"Don't even think about Jacob, he has permission from me, the alpha of the pack, to cross over the treaty line and get his mate. No one will attack you Edward Cullen" Sam said and Edward nodded as he walked towards me. Some of the wolves growled at having a vampire on their land but with a look from Sam they wisely shut up. 

 

"Are you alright? Your head is bleeding but it doesn't look that deep" Edward said as he made it to Bella's side. He easily picked her up and carried her back over the line and straight to Carlisle. 

 

He looked over for any other injuries she might have. Once he declared that she would be fine after some rest he turned to Sam. 

 

"Sam, alpha of the pack, one of your pack mates has broken the treaty. They openly attacked a member of my family. I demand they be punished!" Carlisle said as he stared at Sam. 

 

"I can't do that Carlisle, she is not a vampire which means she is not a Cullen. However he will be punished for attacking a human" 

 

"She is as much a Cullen then the rest of us are, she is Edward's mate. When she is ready she will be turned into a vampire. I demand Jacob Black be punished for attacking one of my children"

 

"She's not one of your children! She's Charlie's!" Jacob yelled, while everyone was talking about punishing him unknown to everyone he had shifted back to human. 

 

"She's not Edward's mate! She's my imprint. She should be with me, not that blood sucker!" Jacob yelled as he walked towards Bella as if to take her out from Edwards arms. 

 

The entire Cullen family surrounded Bella in Edward's arms. The other wolves kind of looked scared, afraid they might have to fight the vampires because of Jacob. Before things could get out of hand Sam stepped in front of Jacob to stop him and prevent an all out war from starting. 

 

"Jacob, go back to the reservation, I will talk to you when I get back. Now!" Sam yelled and Jacob jumped back and shifted. He started running towards the reservation. When he was out of hearing range Sam turned back to the Cullens. 

 

"I will deal with him, I am sorry about this" Sam turned to leave but Carlisle's voice stopped him.

 

"I want to know how you plan to punish him" 

 

"I have to talk to the council of elders but as soon as they decide what to do I will let you know" 

 

"Good, well we will take our leave. Make sure to call me when they decide" Sam just nods. The Cullens head in the direction of the house, Edward runs carefully with Bella in his arms. 

 

When they made it back to the house, everyone headed straight for the living room. Edward sat on the couch with Bella safely in his arms and Carlisle walked over to take a more thorough look at her. The rest of the family chose different spots in the room but they were all close to Bella. 

 

"Bella you should be fine but make sure to stay up for the next hours just in case you have a concussion. That cut on your head is not deep but I will be putting a bandage on it" Carlisle finished, he walked out of the room to retrieve the things he will need for the bandage. He came back in a flash. 

 

"How do you feel, Bella?" Carlisle asked as he wrapped her head. She looked to be a little out of it. 

 

“I’m tired, I just want to go to sleep and forget about the last few days but I know that can't and won't happen… thank you guys so much for being there for me” she says as she looks around the room at every single Cullen.

“Of course Bella, your family” Rosalie says from her spot at the end of the couch. 

 

“Not to change the subject but Bella you have to stay up for the next few hours” Carlisle says, Bella nods. Emmet jumps up and almost yells ‘video games’ but Rosalie stops him.

 

“I don't think Bella has the energy for that. How about we just watch movies and all of us keep watch over her to make sure she doesn't fall asleep” she says as she walks to the shelves that are full of a mixture of music, books, and movies. 

 

She put in ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone’. They made it through all of the movies and hours later Carlisle declared that it was ok to let Bella sleep. No sooner did the words leave his mouth before Bella was out like a light.