Actions

Work Header

The Newcomers and The Veterans

Summary:

A crossover BanG Dream!, Love Live! and South Park fanfic set in the world of the 2010 cult classic racing game 'Blur' from the now-defunct Bizzare Creations studio.

Notes:

Now, the inspiration for this fanfic is my idea of a remake of Blur with the cars from the characters of BanG Dream!, Love Live! and South Park, and a expanding car roster of more than 500 cars, alongside the AU Hazbin Hotel x Helluva Boss crossover fanfic set in the Blur universe.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Invitation

Chapter Text

Stan, Kasumi and Honoka gets an invitation letter from someone by the name of "Rhymer" after Stan chat with him about the racing scene that he has been part of for more than 12 years and the one that Kyle, Yukina and Chika just recently joined, and all three of them accepted the invitation and headed to the location specified in the letter, which is the Los Angeles River culvert.

It took Stan, Kasumi and Honoka over a few days to travel to the L.A. River culvert, a location famous for being featured in many movies and video games, from the likes of Grease and the 1967 version and the 2000 remake of the movie Gone in 60 Seconds to the Midnight Club racing game series, the L.A. River culvert has been used as the setting of many pieces of media.

After the trio arrived in their respective cars (1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione for Kasumi, 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo for Honoka, 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R for Stan), they are greeted by the aforementioned Rhymer, who is in his mid-40s, has a thick beard on his face, is friendly to everyone, and own a Hennessey-tuned 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in white with blue livery, which is parked next to Yukina's 2009 Cadillac CTS-V sport sedan with the supercharged 6162 cubic centimeters LSA V8 engine, Chika's 2016 Cadillac ATS-V sports sedan with the twin-turbocharged 3564 cubic centimeters LF4 V6 engine, and Kyle's 2005 Cadillac CTS-V sport sedan with the 5665 cubic centimeters LS6 V8 engine.

"Hi, Stan!" Rhymer greeted him.

"Hi, Rhymer!" Stan greeted him back.

"Welcome to the racing scene, kid!" Rhymer said to Stan and pats his back, while Kasumi and Honoka look around the dried-out L.A. River culvert.

"I never seen this before, Honoka!" Kasumi exctingly exclaimed as she lays eyes on the dried-out culvert for the first time.

"Me too, Kasumi!" Honoka told her, as she saw the dried-out culvert for the first time in her life.

"Are these two your friends, Stan?" Rhymer asked him as he looked at both Kasumi and Honoka.

"Yeah, Rhymer, they are my friends." Stan replied.

"Well then, welcome to the racing scene, girls!" Rhymer said to Kasumi and Honoka.

Then, a Dodge Caliber SRT-4 appears from the backs of the trio and stop next to Rhymer's Camaro ZL1. The driver steps out of the car and presented herself as Shannon.

"Oh, hi, Shannon!" Rhymer warmly greeted her.

"Rhymer, are these two girls and one man the newcomers to our racing scene?" Shannon asked him.

"Yeah, Shannon, they are the newcomers." Rhymer replied.

"Welcome to the party, the newcomers!" Shannon greeted all three of them, to which they gave a nod to her.

"Huh, is that your newcomers there, Rhymer?" Carver asked him.

"They are indeed newcomers, Carver." Rhymer replied.

"Huh, they probably don't know how t-" Carver said, before being interrupted by Yukina.

"Don't say things like that to newcomers for fuck's sake!" Yukina rambled to Carver.

"Yeah, she has a point there, Carver!" Chika angrily told him.

"You just can't dismiss someone like that when you don't saw them drive first hand, Carver!" Kyle ranted.

"Woah, woah, guys, calm down." Shannon tries to defuse the tension.

"Yeah, please calm down, okay? Carver, don't you ever say that again." Rhymer asked him to not repeat that.

"Fine." Carver dismissively said to Rhymer.

"Don't worry, Carver sometimes get cocky." Rhymer apologizes to Stan, Kasumi and Honoka.

"It's alright, Rhymer." Stan told him.

"Okay, everyone, let's drive!" Rhymer announces and everyone, including Stan, Kasumi and Honoka climb into their cars to ready for the race.

Notes:

Now, this is just the 1st chapter, and I will be posting more in the following days, though my time on WatchCrunch can consume the time I need to write these.