Actions

Work Header

If you give a Helena The Steering Wheel

Chapter 3: Age 12: Tim Drake

Summary:

I own nothing, comments are encouraged

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Helena was brewing as she sat in the chair, sketching out a cat when Tim walked in, “Hey H,” he said, seeing how upset she was, he decided to comfort her, “What’s wrong?” he had asked her, Helena was pissed that Minhkhoa had skipped town for a while and cut her training off, “I want to drive.” she told him, pouting as her Tim plan had been initiated, “What?” he asked her.

 

“No one will let me drive, even though Dami could at age Ten.” she told him, making Tim wonder who told her that, “Sorry, Helena, but that is the law, you get your learners permit at age Sixteen and–” “Then I guess I can’t drive to that new Coffee Shop.” she told him, making his ears prick up at the sound of that, “Coffee Shop?” he asked her, liking the sound of it.

 

“Yeah, it’s this little hole in the wall, doesn’t show up on any web searches, and they have these amazing beans, rumor has it they’re grown with soil blessed by Demeter.” she told him, seeing her brother lick his lips, interested in them, “I could drive us there, if you want.” he told her, wanting to see if what his little sister said was true, “I’m driving,” she told him, already having the keys in her hands.

 

As Tim had looked at her walking away with the keys and what she told him, Tim realized that he had fallen for a trap, the logical part of his brain told him to call the others and stop her, but then again, that coffee… Tim weighed his options and decided, Coffee was worth it, he had gotten and followed his sister, like a light following and anglers lure, he didn’t care as long as he got there.

______________________________________________________________________

 

The engine whirred as Tim buckled in, wondering when she had learned how to drive when Helena had turned to him with a smile, “You ready?” she had asked of him, a little spooked now, he had went and spoke up, “Sure but–” there was no buts after that as she had went and put the pedal to the metal, slamming the back of his head into the seat as they had zoomed through the street.

 

The two of them whizzed through the street, cars honking and people screaming, even as she had initiated the hover function and went over a truck and nearly hit the hood of the car in front of the truck, “Uh, Helena–” Shut up if you don’t want me to crash.” she had said, making Tim shut his mouth before they had started to hear sirens, “Dang it! The Police again!” she went.

 

“Again?!” Tim asked her, shocked and scared as Helena had engaged the hover function to fly over the buildings, the police cars not equipped with the same function yet, but the chopper there was ready to follow, “All units, it’s that psycho from a year ago again! All units please respond!” the police scanner had started, hearing that, Helena cussed before pressing a button when they lost sight.

 

At that the vehicle had changed color, going from black to a white with red stripe color, the lights changing as well to make it appear like something completely different as she had went and landed nearby, “Helena–” he had started to say, “Careful, don’t wanna be my scapegoat, do you?” she had said, making him look a little scared towards his little sister when she had pulled a 180.

 

“Almost there!” she had went, driving towards one of the more dangerous parts of Gotham, and that was saying something as they had seen some Jokerz had noticed them and had thrown some bottles of Joker Acid their way but she had just swerved, “Helena!” Tim had shouted, spooked as they had gotten into a nicer part of the city, “Oh relax! We’re here!” she said, swerving into a parking spot by the store.

 

Tim Drake had walked out of the car, his legs shaking from the experience as he had turned back to see the smiling form of his little sister who was grinning like the Devil, “Enjoy your coffee!” she shouted to him as he entered, swearing that this was the last time that he would ever ever drive with her, even if she had brought him to such a delicious smelling aroma.

Notes:

And thus, another one is struck off the list, I'll let you guess who's next, Enjoy!