Actions

Work Header

Pain.

Summary:

What happens when you return back to Forks
from Virginia, only to get an invitation to your
best friend and boyfriends wedding?

You stayed there for 6 months with family for
college, wanting to test out a semester your
boyfriend, Edward Cullen, was willing to pay for.
He was still in high school. He wanted you to go
immediately, then his family would help you
transfer to Alaska when he would go to college.

You should've known something was up when the people you called family started getting distant.

Join the story, and find out what's going to
happen.

Notes:

This series isn't particularly an Embry call or
Edward Cullen fic, but you will have relations with
them both. (Embry call x reader.)

⚠️ Gore details of transformation, black
indigenous women reader, violent tendencies,realistic shit. I'm here to make you cry, laugh and get angry. No mercy. Heavily angst

Chapter 1: part 1

Chapter Text

⚠️Gore details of transformation, black
indigenous women reader, violent tendencies,
realistic shit. I'm here to make you cry, laugh and
get angry. No mercy. Heavily angst.
No smut, just pain.

A shaking hand made its way to your mouth as you placed the cancer stick between your lips. A habit you, stupidly, picked up in college. You found that it helped when you got the sudden urge to be violent. Which, unfortunately, came a lot nowadays.

You were staring off into the distance when your mind goes back to what you saw on that awful day. Edward and Bella at the alter, saying their vows, looking at each other with love, like they were making the best choice of their lives.

He had the nerve to not even break up with you, or not even mention the wedding you had to find out by Jacob when he read the invitation at the dinner table.

I mean...did everybody know? Everybody except you? You left for six months...six months to try out college life...and came back to your boyfriend... ex-boyfriend, putting a ring on your brother's forbidden crush.

This newfound hate for the Cullens was strong...it hurt, knowing they lied. Knowing your dad, your brother and his friends lied. You knew it was suspicious when they started acting very distant the past year and a half before you left.

Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, Emmett... were all supposed to be on your side, even Carlisle... you trusted him like another father. And Esme... this hurt the most knowing your mother was never in your life. They didn't even tell you what was going on when you came back.

Fuck the Cullens. I mean, what was it that changed?... was it your sudden growth spurt during the summer? The weird sickly feeling you've had before going to college? Was it the way everything made you upset all the fucking time?

The thought of what could've made him cheat on you made you pissed. Made you hot. It had you shaking.

You snap out of it as you felt your whole body get warm... No not warm, but burning. The cigarette didn't have time to be put out as it drops to your lap, grey smug smearing on your black jeans as it rolled on the carpeted floor, making it ash over and sim down.

Teeth chattering together, you sit up in a panic. What was going on? Were you having a seizure? Anxiety or panic attack? you looked down at your hands and- is that smoke? No, steam as the sweat from the lack of AC evaporated and came back.

You try to call out to your dad, but instead of a plead for help, a whimper, no scratch that a growl comes out from your throat.

you're scared.

you stand up to go to your father's, or even Jacob's room (even though you and Jacob haven't been talking recently.) but instead, you fall to your knees, you scream in pain, you howl as you suddenly felt your bones shift while you cry out, your back arching as it feels like your spine was being pushed up. "Help!.. HUh!" your voice cracks, and you gasp for air, "HELP ME, IT HURTS." You spat out a cry.

You feel bones cracking, pain filling you from head to toe as you clenched on the carpeted floor, trying to hold onto something. You were in so much pain, everything felt so sensitive. You could hear everything, the sounds of cars on the interstate, the water on the beach, the white noise of the tv playing.

You couldn't see much. Not like you wanted to, your eyes were tightly shut at the fear of them popping out. It all happened in a matter of seconds when finally, you blackout.

 

 

Chapter 2: part 2

Summary:

⚠️Mention of suicide

Chapter Text

⚠️Mention of suicide

"M...married?" Your hand trembles against your mouth as you glare down at the ivory paper on the middle of the table... he didn't... ask you to marry him. You released a shaking breath as you grabbed the invitation. Eyes wide as they read the names

Isabella Marie Swan
And
Edward Anthony Mason Cullen

"This..." you breathed out a chuckle, hoping  Edward would come through the door with Jacob and Bella, laughing and joking "can't be real... I- I mean," you sniffed. "Y/N...honey I am truly sorry..." Your father's voice cracked...it's like you felt your heart stop.

You had just seen them last week. You hugged and kissed him, and had Bella in your arms as you smiled and laughed with her. She seemed so happy to have you back in town like she was relieved.

You glanced back at the open door, hoping, no praying he'd come back in and say it's a prank like the annoying little brother he is... but no... he didn't.

Even on the wedding day, you still didn't believe it, watching your lover say his vows to the girl you once called friend...never again. You waited until everyone finished their speeches, did their big dances. You didn't want to cause a scene.

You walked towards the lights, instead of a dress as you'd usually wear on these occasions, you stepped your 5'10 frame into the party wearing a black suit. Like it was a funeral.

That's what it felt like.

Like your loved ones died. The people you loved and cared for, dead. They were dead to you.

Your brown skin looked like honey underneath the fluorescent lights. Virginia Beach causing you to get a tan. You were quick to catch most people's attention. Shocked to see mister Black's daughter there, knowing they didn't like the Cullens. And also because people knew that you and Edward had been together.

Rosalie was the first sibling to notice. She gasped as she sees your...taller frame. Her golden eyes took in your suit, how the muscles in your arms filled the sleeves, the low cut in your blazer showing some of the skin of your firm stomach.

Yeah, you were different. How'd you go from 5'6 to 5'10 in six months?... she suddenly felt like a disgrace to a friend... if that's what you still called her. Her breath hitched as she sees your jaw clench, and hears your heartbeat speed up. You honestly couldn't believe what was going on... as much as you knew... you and Edward were still together... until now you assumed.

Rosalie knew her family was in trouble... before you could make contact with her, she was gone. You looked at where she had been standing, before blinking and shrugging away the feeling of being glared at.

"Y/n... How- How are you? What have you been up to!..." Alice. Edward always had a smart remark about his sister being annoying, you didn't see it until now.

She's fucking aggravating.

Dark eyes flipping over your shoulder, you met the petite woman behind you. She was stunning, as always, they all were. But your grieving couldn't let you focus on that. "Dashing as always... loving the outfit by the way heh..."

You took a deep breath, ignoring the sickeningly sweet smell while you chose your next words carefully. "I want to talk with you... all of you." You felt like bursting into flames while talking to her, yet you didn't. Something about that made you think that would satisfy them.

"Are you sure you just don't want to enjoy the wedding..." her voice starts to fade out as you pushed passed her. The action would usually leave the aggressor hurt because she's mostly stone, but you surprisingly shoved her without effort.

She noticed the words she used. Enjoy the wedding... the wedding you didn't know about, the one you weren't invited to, the one she planned for your boyfriend and another girl.

You looked at the seven sets of golden eyes, plus the dark ones of Isabella swan... Cullen, Isabella Cullen.

"You know what sucks the most?... I didn't even know you were cheating...I was so blinded by the love... love I gave you," you looked up at Edward, the love of your life, the reason your heart beats still. The one who encouraged you to go to school, to try to get a degree.

You look down at the dirt, your throat straining as you forced yourself not to let a tear slip. "Y/N..." Esme steps up, eyes sad, a pout covering her lips. You couldn't bring yourself to believe her sympathy was real.

Letting out a dry sniff, you settled your eyes on who you thought your mother figure was. "What?... I mean... do any of you have anything to say? Or are you just gonna sit there? And let your son marry who I thought was my best friend?!"

"It-it just happened-" Bella was interrupted by a scoff. You didn't want to hear the excuses. You were gone for 6 months. No one in their right mind gets married in 6 months.

"Give it to me straight Isabella..." you rolled your shoulders back, trying to lose the stiff shoulders and the slouched back. This made the Cullens tense. Especially Edward, he immediately saw that you looked different when you came around that corner. "How long have you been fucking my man..."

Bella gulped, she knew this sudden change from anywhere. Her best friend went missing for months because of it.

It was a valid question. How long have they been seeing each other? When she came into town? You didn't go to the same school as they did. How long have they been together to decide they wanted to shackle?

Your question caught everyone off guard. Emmet and Bella released a gasp. You were straight to the point. You had to be

"Come on, it's not like that." Edward was next to speak up, his voice quiet, but quick to defend his wife. You couldn't believe yourself for falling for the whole Mormon thing. To believe an 18-year-old male wasn't going to give it up to you before he was married. It always sounded vague in your ears.

"Well, then how is it? Kinda hard when there is a rock on her ring finger." you glared at the oval-shaped diamond. Ugly ass ring. Okay, it wasn't that ugly, but you had the right to be petty. You shook your head before forcing yourself to look up at him

"You know I would never do that! You know my beliefs, I would never hurt you like that"
"- yet you cheated on me and married her! You don't even have the balls to break up with me!" you raised your voice, the straining you felt from holding it back caused a vain to pop your neck.

This seemed like a shocker to the rest of the family. All of them, including Bella, looked up at Edward for confirmation. They thought he broke it off with you. Bella thought you had come to terms with it, that's why you guys hanged out the week you came back home.

Jasper steps up, his gift picking up on the anger you're leaking, but everyone was picking up on it. You had every right to be angry. "Y/n please calm down, don't ruin this day... just go home."

Shaking your head you scoff. Jasper. You liked him. You liked the quietness you two shared, or even the occasional jokes and picking at him for his slipping country accent.

You and he could've had a great lasting friendship, even though every time you came around him, he tensed up like he was in pain. Maybe it was because he knew his brother was cheating on you. This family was filled with weirdos.

" what about me?... so fuck my feelings huh?" you thought your heart broke at the reception, but it was truly gone when you watched Edward wrap his arm around her waist, pulling her close like you were the threat. Like you could ever hurt her as she hurt you.

You hated feeling vulnerable, crying in front of people who hurt you. Your emotions have been rocky when you were in Virginia. You've been angry and stressed. Getting cold sweats and aching muscles.

You felt all that anger you thought you left back home rise, making you back up. "I- I gotta go..." you say with disgust coating your voice and mirroring your face when you turned around to where the cars parked.

You really can't believe you fell for their mind games. You should've listened to Paul and Embry. The Cullens are a bunch of delusional crazies.

"Okay wait!" Alice walks off, releasing jaspers hand just to grab onto yours. she got to you so fast, that you didn't have time to react. "What are you planning to do?!" You tried to snatch your hand away, but her grip was so tight it felt like your bone was going to snap. "What the hell are you talking about Alice? Let go!" You pulled your arm, only getting her to fall in your arms, causing jasper to grab onto her shoulders and pull her back.

You were so distracted by her you didn't even see him approaching. "Don't do anything stupid and reckless Y/n, for Billy and Jacob!"

Your eyes narrowed at this. There's no way she thought you would kill yourself over this.  I mean, what else could she be implying? What the hell is going through that mind of hers? "Alice." The one you fell so hard for called out for his sister. The small girl hesitated before she looked back at her adoptive sibling, she didn't want to risk you leaving, and doing whatever the hell she thought you were going to do.

It was like they were having a secret conversation. His eyebrows would come together, and so would hers, he'd slightly tilt his head, and she would breathe out aggressively.

You've noticed this about them a lot, they could spend time with each other in the room, and Edward would sometimes speak like he was asked a question. It freaked you out at first, but you brushed it off because you sometimes slip up when you're having self conversations in your head.

You couldn't help but look at them like they were crazy, that sudden feeling of disgust and the sickening sweet-smelling made you so frustrated, that you knew you had to leave before you felt like kicking someone's head in. Because you were now able to.

Scoffing, you push past jasper as you walked quickly to your black truck, their silent conversation making you angrier than normal. "What the fuck is wrong with this family." You almost growled underneath your voice.

To make it worse, you didn't realize tears were falling until they got to your lips. The salty taste forces your anger to sizzle down into sorrow and pain. It hurts. Everything hurts.

Your body, your emotions, your mental. You felt destroyed.

You stepped into your truck, lips pressed together to contain the sob that threaten to burst through as you slammed the door closed. This caused the car to wobble on its high wheels. The movement only added more to your frustration. It was a damn 2005 Dodge Ram you got for your birthday.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

You took one last glance at the people you thought were your second family, and took in a deep breath as you shoved the keys in the ignition. This wouldn't be the last time you heard or seen from them, because your brother was so obsessed with Bella. But you wish it was.

You looked at those faces one by one. Everyone holding onto their person. Sorrow in the family's eyes for losing you, embarrassment and shame on the flushed Brunette you called your friend.

Yeah, this is how you would remember them.

You took in one last shaky breath and put the truck in reverse before driving out the long driveway and into the woods.

 

Chapter 3: part 3

Notes:

⚠️Graphic description of murder (not really but still warned)

Chapter Text

"Grab that cover and help me take her into the forest. Jacob go get your sister some clothes! Okay, lift in 3 2 1, up!" Groans huffed out the teen's mouth as they lifted your 500-pound body from the ground.

You whimper at this, unconscious yet still aware of pain. "Is it just me, or is she larger than normal." The voice was muffled, you knew it yet you couldn't pinpoint who it was. Is this a dream? "She's a descendent from the great chief. And who knows who the hell her mom is. You'd think she'd be smaller? Don't be dumb Quil."

Quil... that name sounds so familiar... I just need a face. Ugh, why can't I open my eyes? I need to- I need to see what's happening... Where are they taking me? I feel so... light.

"You can't blame him, Paul. Our only female wolf is Leah, how would we compare that?" This voice was more soft, kiddish almost. "Don't bring me in this." That must be Leah.

All these names only made you frustrated, a grunt rumbling in your chest. "She's waking up. Sit her down. Okay, yeah make sure she's covered."

"We'll see her naked one of these days." Whoever Paul was, says with an attitude.

"Over my dead body." Jacob. Yeah, I remember his voice. His annoying ass voice.  His annoying face. Siblings, am I right? "Y/n, it's sam," sam... sam, sam... "I know it's hard to remember right now, the transformation does that to you. I wish I could tell you why, but I truly just don't know the answer...it's kinda all new to us as well." What's he talking about.

"I know you can't respond right now. The pain does that. I know it's hard to believe but... you're not exactly you right now." What does that mean?..  You were hurting so much. You tried to remember the last thing that happened. Come on... think, think... You got home from the gas station... sat down on the couch for a while. It all felt so blurry, how long were you on that couch? You remember the living room dimming from the sun setting. It all seems so foggy, you were staring into space.

Small flashes of memory started to come back. You remember feeling angry, smoking as you looked at nothing. Somethings there... you just can't reach...oh. Wait.

The wedding.

Yeah, this had to be a dream.

"Sam back up." You hear the muffled voices slowly getting clear, footsteps distancing themselves from you. You looked around in the darkness, consciousness slowly coming to you as you tried to wake up from the dream. This dream, just like all dreams, wasn't making sense. You had to wake up, to go see Edward. You missed him.

"You should shift Jacob. She'd be willing to talk to you." You heard shuffling, next, deep a rumbling growl before a heavy object thumping against the leaves, walking around you. "Y/n. Y/n come on get up." Jacob? Is he waking you up from your nap? You let out a sigh, it caught even you off guard, your lungs felt bigger, inhaling so much air.

" Yeah... you'll get used to it." Huh? The hell is he talking about. "Open your eyes idiot. I got some crazy shit to show you." You meant to grunt, a signal for him to piss off, but you didn't have much time to complain, the sudden feeling and noise of the wind blowing past your sensitive ears. Your eyes snap open as you jerked away.

"Whoa!" The people around you backed away in caution.

You whipped your heavy head around. You felt taller, your legs wobbled as you tried to stand. You regret opening your eyes. You looked at the men, and woman, who surround you. Nothing made sense, your eyes caught every detail, but you wore glasses. Your cigarettes had to be laced with fentanyl. You knew it wasn't possible but was it?

" Hey, hey, relax sis. Calm. Down. Before you hurt someone." Jacob! You whipped your head to the side, dizziness quickly forming, making you lose the little stability you had. "Yeah, it's me. Look behind you. And stay seated." You looked around, eyes only, taking in your friend's silhouettes, eyes going loopy as you tried to calm down from the dizziness.

You clearly underestimated your strength, whipping your big head around again, only to be met with a giant dog curling its lips above its teeth. Holy shit! You cursed out in your head, but released a big whimper as you tried to drag yourself away "okay-no smiling, got it."

It took you three days to walk without wobbling. A week to learn how to run, and a few days later, you were sprinting with little to no tripping.

The pain became bearable as Jacob and Leah helped you along the way. They distracted you and tried helping with your anger and pain. It worked for a while, but when you were alone, listening to your thoughts instead of your brothers, or Leah's...They couldn't keep the bad thoughts away.

"Isn't Embry coming back in town?" Emily speaks out as she sits your breakfast down in front of you. This snaps you back from ur daze and reached over for the fork. "Yup!" Seth answers before putting a sausage in his mouth. This sparks your interest. Embry, yeah it's been a while since you've seen him. "Where the hell did he even go?" Jacob mumbled with food in his mouth as he sits in the chair beside you.

You just stayed quiet and ate, eyes going to the person who spoke next. "His mom sent him off to camp for discipline. You know, because she doesn't know the whole wolf thing, she thinks he's sneaking out, being a teen." Jared said as he reaches for bacon.

"You'd know this if you hadn't run away you loser." A quick remark left Paul before he rips a piece of bacon. "Okay okay, enough of that. Does this mean Bry is gonna come back with a buzzed cut?!" Quil spoke up, the biscuit in his mouth being spat a little

Leah gags at this, a crumb of bread landing on her exposed shoulder, making her brush it away and wipe her hand on her brother's shirtless back. "Okay, first of all, don't talk with your mouth full, you imbecile! Big-headed bastard. And second! He went to a disciplinary camp, not a military camp." Everyone laughs at the hothead jokes, you even joined in, covering your mouth so you don't repeat the same mistake.

"Look who's joined the conversation," Jacob pushes you gently. This made you realize how long you've been quiet, some of the pack glancing at you and going back to their conversation. They know how much you struggle with this.

When you shifted they felt how much you were hurting, physically, and emotionally. They listened to it. They couldn't blame you. But it did get annoying when they started getting dreams about Edward. The person you've been dating for two and a half years cheating on you and getting married behind your back to your friend. Then on top of that, your body was rapidly changing, the growing pains leaving your body sore and aching.

You were the tallest female on the res by now, the wolf gene had fully kicked in, leaving you 6ft. That left you insecure, but it helped that the boys were still taller, so they shrugged it off.

Your brother sighs again as he watches you play with your cheesy eggs, eyes low, most likely tired from the training Sam had him and Leah put you through.

He hated seeing you like this. His older sister, heartbroken and numb, barely got out of bed. He couldn't help but blame himself. He was so distracted being in love, that he had forgotten who he was he love with, and who she was In love with. The same man who had his sister on lockdown. How could he let himself be so distracted...

Chewing his lip, he noticed your silence again. He needed to get you distracted, to get you busy, just for a couple of hours a day between shifts. So all you'd have to do is sleep afterward and do it all again.

You ate a few bites of now-cold eggs before standing up and going to the kitchen. "We have to do something with your hair, your wolf is bushy." You gave Jacob a look, eyebrows narrowed, wondering what the hell he was talking about. He comes up beside you and takes your plate, washing it with his own.

"When your hair gets a certain length, that shows on your wolf. It's dangerous and easier to grab on to. That means you have to cut it down some." He noticed how quiet you got, shocked at the lack of reaction. Leah had a fit when she found out she had to cut hers. It hurt her. She didn't want to cut it due to her tribe's religion, yet she knew that she had to.

You just nodded. You were never the type to care much about your hair. It stayed in braids up until the transformation. That'll only make your life a little easier, less styling, and less sore wrists. You shrugged, eyes on your brother's hands as he moves on to the other dish. "Alright. I'll uh... I'll go to forks, go to a barbershop. I'm not letting one of you idiots ruin my head." Jacob laughs at this, making you crack a smile.

"Hey!" You heard from Emily as she walked passed the two of you. "Who do you think cuts their hair? I do good if I say so myself." She reaches up at jacobs head, messing up his black locks before she goes over to her husband. "It's not that I don't trust you Em. My hair is just," you reached up to the bun you had in your hair. "A bit kinkier than the rest of yours." They knew what you meant. "Right, okay understandable." She grins before looking up at the love of her life, he was already looking down at her.

They looked at each other with such love and admiration. It hurts you to watch them. You couldn't imagine Leah's pain. You looked over to the one you thought about, her dark brown eyes giving the two side glances. Yeah, it's time to get out of here. Clearing your throat you go over to Leah and tapped her shoulder, moving your head towards the front door. You didn't want to be in the room with the two love birds, knowing the one you were so I love with on his honeymoon, probably doing- ugh. The thought made you physically sick.

"You okay?" Leah spoke as you looked down at the sand on the deck. The two of you weren't close, not yet at least. But you understood each other. She knows what you're going through, and how much you're hurting.

You looked back up at her, concern on her face. Biting the inside of your cheek, you nodded. You hated feeling pitied. You gave her a nod and a lazy smile. "Yeah. Just wondering what I should do with my hair." The older woman gives you a tilted brow, knowing that wasn't the case.

She sighs before stepping off the porch, head tilting to get you to follow her. "There isn't a need to lie. You're thinking about him, aren't you?" She watches your expression shift into a slight cringe. "Yeah, I thought so." The two of you walked over the hill, a path to the beach clear.

"No need to feel disappointed in yourself. It's good that you're thinking about him. Your brain will soon get bored thinking about the same face, and when you're shifting, training with us, you'll soon think about something else. You'll forget about the pain he put you through." You watched her face as she spoke. You could tell she was self-projecting, brows narrowed and nose slightly flared as she looked down at the path, trying to avoid big rocks.

You hated to admit it, but it felt good knowing she was hurting. Knowing you weren't the only one brought a bit of comfort. "Is that what you tell yourself? I see the way you looked at them...you're still in love with him." She grins at this, knowing you're right. She hates to admit it, but her heart still beats fast when he smiles, only for it to slow back down when she notices it's her cousin and not her

"Would rather be stuck loving someone I can't have than being in love with a tick." Your brows narrowed at this name, completely ignoring the words before. "A tick?" You question her, the walk to the beach slowing down. You kinda smiled at this but quickly forced it down when you realized you were. "What? Is it because he used to be attached to me?" You were oblivious as to what she meant. This confused Leah. The shorter woman gives you a look. A look telling you you're dumb.

This made you scoff. You were the odd one out, as usual. "Dude are you serious? I mean you've been around the yellowed-eyed freaks for so long you didn't think there was something off...." The both of you stopped on the dirt track as that familiar smell of sickening sweetness floods your nose. Your face scrunched up in a cringe as you got memories of the Cullens. The wedding.

"You're smelling that, right?" Leah's quiet voice was now in a whisper, her dark brown eyes scanning the green forest. You looked down at her chest as the sound of her heart picked up. This made you nervous. "Yeah...ugh." You groaned, brows narrowing as you covered your nose. This was a different smell. It was metallic... with a salty after smell. Blood.

"Smells like death..." you mumbled, breath hitching before you hesitated to take another breath. "Strip." This caught you off guard, the other woman already taking off her tank top and shorts. Without hesitation you quickly followed her steps, stuffing your shirt into your sweats. "Tie it right, and quick!" You tied the clothing around your ankle, tucking the legs inside each other.

"Wha-" it was like slow motion when you watched the wolf girl rip out her skin, revealing her silver beast that ran into the woods. You flinched as you get barked at, a warning to hurry up. So you did, skin feeling like lava and ripping to reveal the huge black wolf with brown honey tips on your ears and tail.

The woman in front of you howled out signaling her pack to come to her. "There's a vampire on our turf!" Your eyes widen at this. "Vampire?! Be fucking for real!" You huffed out, legs moving fast, Closer to the smell of death and potent sweetness. "She's being serious Y/N. We were gonna tell you about it at the bonfire tonight!" Jake runs up to your flank.

You felt your stomach drop at this. You were feeling sick all over again. "I- there's no fucking way...."Your mind thinks of all the times you've been with Edward and his family. It wasn't hard to believe he could be a vampire, I mean, you can turn into a dog. "Get your head in the game! Paul, Jared, on my flank! Quil and Jacob, watch ___! Seth flank your sister, she's faster." You heard your heartbeat in your ears, it was louder than the voice of sams command as he sped beside you to get in the front.

"Are you out of your mind?! This is her first time seeing this in action!" Jacob yelled in the pack's head. This snapped you out of your dazed state. Did you miss something? "Sam wants you to lead this one. You don't have to! Matter of fact I won't let you!" You heard a growl over on the left, but it died down when a throaty bark exited out sams wolf. "You'll do as I say when I say it! You should've thought about when you were offered to be alpha!" As they were arguing you see a figure slouched down over something, its mouth busy and its attention on its prey.

Long platinum hair went down the creature's back, clothes fairly new, most likely stolen, but they quickly get dirtied as it wiped the fresh blood from its lips, only to smear it against its cheek in the process.

A whine escapes your mouth as your big dark eyes see the monster spit something out, landing next to the limp girl that stared up into the trees. Your stomach clenches up in disgust as you see the girl. She was young, no older than 16. She had long matted curly hair and copper skin that had a thin layer of sweat with blood splattered on her cheeks, and a lavender book bag that was now soaked in blood.

She looks like you.

That could've been you.

That could've been you if you weren't released.

"Don't think like that! Focus on your opponent. Turn that fear into anger! Grief for her Y/N!" Jacob barked at you. Then you saw flashes of Jacobs's comparison to you and that girl on the forest floor. He knew you were right. You forgot that your thoughts were being monitored.

The creature stood up from its knees with bared teeth as your pack got into hearing range. There, the mesmerizing demon stood in shock as a pack of wolfs ran towards it. Panting heavily, you shook your thoughts away and took what he said into consideration. Channel that anger!

This all happens in a matter of seconds.

"Go for his limbs!" Sam growled in the pack's heads. As if it knew you were going to kill it, it backs up on its legs, wide eyes not sparing another second as it jumps over the girl that looked just like you, and sprinted deeper into the forest.

"Don't look! Keep going!" This time it was Paul. You knew he was talking to you. You saved yourself from the nightmares and dipped down, ears pressing against your head as you sped up, your heavier feet slamming down on the forest floor.

You couldn't help but feel disappointed in yourself as the sickeningly sweet smell pushed against your face made the saliva in your mouth build up.

You could feel Jacob and Quil fall behind you as you picked up speed, the yelling in your head not stopping as you ran past the alpha and his beta.

"DON'T DO IT!" Jacob tries to speed up. But he wasn't nearly as fast as you
"Leah cut her off! She'll get herself killed" Sam snaps at his ex

This made the other wolf growl, her own feet picking up speed, desperate to impress her ex-lover. "LISTEN TO YOUR BROTHER Y/N. IF YOU DON'T STOP I'M GOING TO HAVE TO STOP YOU, THEN WELL BOTH BE HURT."

Huffing through your nose, you ignored her, you wanted to ignore her. You had to ignore her.

"LEAH NOW!" You finally peeled your eyes off of the running creature and to the silver wolf that dared to cut in front of you. "You'll only be hurting yourself! Don't do it!" You warned the older woman, your claws clenching onto dirt and sticks as you pushed yourself harder.

"Ugh, SHUT. UP!" Her voice was loud in your head. It was like slow motion.

The silver would lean her body to the side, her teeth bared as she went in to bite the fat on your neck. She was so close, you feel her hot breath, heard her fast heart.

Jump. JUMP! That was all you thought.

Back toes clinched to the dirt while the front ones lifted from the ground. With this size you wouldn't get far off the ground, Leah's six-foot wolf would easily tackle you from the vulnerability.

You used as much momentum as you could in that last second. This is about to be embarrassing. Before your little brother could even question you, the flame that you were barely used to went around your body, the steam shedding off the muscle and fat that was your wolf until you were left 400 pounds lighter, and into your naked skin. You couldn't hear what the pack had to say. You didn't want to know...

That's when everything was fast again.

You hear a thud and a crash happen behind you, assuming Leah crashed into someone from the front lines, you didn't care as your arms spread wide and your human mouth came into a wide smile.

You were so close.

The platinum blonde looked over his shoulder, expecting to gain some distance. Instead, he was met by the dark void of your hot mouth, and the long sharp teeth that were covered in thick saliva.

Chapter 4: Part 4

Notes:

⚠️ Chapter has minor details of a panic attack. I am also sorry I haven't posted in 4 months (more than that on ao3) 💀 half of the time I procrastinated, and the other half I wasn't motivated enough. But I'm back! ⚠️ if they're misspelling pls correct me, it's been awhile and this chapter is lengthy.

Chapter Text

"You still didn't get anything from her?" Edward, phone on his shoulder, spoke quietly as he moved around the kitchen, hands working fast without mistakes, cracking eggs into the glass bowl.

Alice officially stopped getting visions from you. One minute you're staring blankly at the tv, the next minute its darkness. Complete nothingness. She knew you suffered from past depression thanks to your absent mother, then the slight neglect you got from being the middle child. And don't forget the stress of college. So... she was worried for your mental health, especially from the sudden cut off she received at the wedding.

"No Edward... I haven't. Billy isn't picking up the phone either. Carlisle and I assume two things. He's either ashamed to talk to us, or..." there was a brief pause. Anxiety started to build up in the male's chest as he got nothing but silence from the other end, the slow relaxed beat of his wife's heart keeping him from bursting the glass bowl, spilling the slushed eggs.

"Alice-"

"Just- just enjoy your vacation Edward... you're married now okay? So... focus on her. Focus on Bella." He could hear the fake hope in her voice. There was a slight salty taste to her words. She was bitter, to say the least. She let this whole thing go on for so long. From running away to Alaska to get away from Bella, ignoring your calls... she was so blind trying to validate her brother's feelings, trying to find out about her foggy past, she didn't even think to check on you, to see how you were doing in school, to see if you were okay, she was a bad friend, a horrible friend she can admit.

It's times like this when he wishes he could hear thoughts over the phone. He hated this, he hated what he did to you. He hated that even if he was in love with Bella, he still cared so much about you. He was mentally 17, yet was more mature than most of his peers.. he knew better. So he still blamed himself for letting you get caught up in his game for so long.

He felt bad. You got caught in the illusion. The same illusion he wished his wife fell for, but she so happened to be the one.

And his wife didn't know! Of course, she didn't. Dragged along in the manipulation as well. She thought you and Edward broke up on good terms. That's what she thought up until the wedding night. That made her question who she married, but it wasn't damaging enough to let him go. Edward knew this.

He hated himself for dragging you in this, to keep his human appearance up. Not all of it was fake! He tried to remind himself every night when he watched his wife sleep. It was true. He did start to catch feelings for you. But you weren't her. He didn't have to hide what he was from her. She knew him for him. And you didn't. And he didn't want to think about what you'd think of him when you did find out.

"What? Alice, stop playing right now... finish your sentence." The pixie girl looks over to her father figure, who listened to the call even though the phone was to her ear. He truly didn't know what to do in this case, as much as it pained him, you weren't any of their concern anymore.

He shrugged to his daughter, head empty for the first time in centuries. It was weird... you were like a daughter to him, he considered you family... but Edward was his son, and he couldn't choose you over him. No, he wouldn't choose you over him. Even when his stiff heart told him to do the right thing. which was to apologize to you, face to face for his son's actions.. it was wrong, he knew that.

This whole incident made Carlisle confused. Who was his son? he knew the boy was secretive, and quiet until he was with his true love, Bella. But to pull you along, to... manipulate the whole family into thinking the relationship was genuine, to fill your hopes up with being with his son for a long time?.. He fell right into his son's manipulation. He felt horrible, he couldn't imagine how betrayed you felt.

Who was Edward Masen?

They couldn't cross the border to check on you, nor were you answering their calls. It was clear you wanted nothing to do with them. Alice gulps down venom, a nervous tick she picked up from humans.

"Or," Edward places down the bowl with a hard thud. If his heart wasn't frozen in place, it would be the cause of his heart attack.
"He might be planning another funeral, Edward." "Edward?" Alice heard Bella over the phone. "But don't try to think about it too hard. She's okay...Goodbye Edward." Alice was quick to hang up the phone, stone hands now both placed on the dark counter of their home.

"Edward..." Bella repeats, slowly walking towards her husband, dark brown eyes concerned as she watches him stare off into space while the phone loosely hung in his fingers. She took the phone from his hold, her sweet smell wafting near his nose and warm fingers pulling him out of his daze.

"Yeah?" His voice was low, gold eyes meeting hers. Bella knew something was wrong, the next question was did she want to know what happened? Of course, she did. "Something happening?"

The cold one fixes up a smile, lips never pulling back over his teeth. "Alice going on her rant about Rosalie and Emmett... seems like they're going through another bed." This seems to make the other cheeks go red, a blush covering the tips of her ears with a dazed smile. "I guess we're not the only ones having fun this week..." she chuckles, and he follows along.

He was always a good liar.

"Do you know how idiotic that was?! You could've been killed, moron!" You stared up at your little brother with a bored expression, jaw swollen and cold as you laid the frozen peas on them.

Once you got the cold one head between your jaws, with fast movements it placed its hard marble fingers between your jaw, keeping them open until they popped.

You squinted your eyes at him, knowing you couldn't say anything to him as the bone in your jaw was dislocated, about to be popped back in place once the ice numbed it enough.

"Don't even look at me like that! You-ugh!!" He groans, hands curling together frustratingly in front of your face, a way to say he wanted to strangle you. How dare he disrespect me like that? A growl rumbled in your chest as you slapped his hands away from your face. You were about to kick his knees but he moved out of the way.

"Okay okay. Seriously Jacob lay easy on her, it was her first time. You remember your first time. Cocky with the dreadhead?" Sam finally spoke up, an amused smile on his face. You grunted, agreeing to his words, even though you had no idea what they were referring to. Your brother was madder at you than anything, which was understandable, the now-ashed vampire could've ripped your jaw off.

Your brother groaned dramatically in front of your face, now he was annoying. His friends behind the couch laughing at this. "Uh up!" You grunted shut up, throwing the frozen solid bag into his gut, making him groan at your strength. Yup, that was the strength of a grand chief granddaughter.

"You'll pay for that." He pointed at you with a panted breath. Uh oh. You stood up, prepared to get chased, but your brother's long legs got to you faster and push you onto the couch, kneeing you in the stomach and a hand on your upper chest, near your neck.

"Don't break my couch!" Emily screamed in horror as the couch scrapped against the hardwood floors, lifting some of the wax that made the floor shiny. "My floors!" This time it was sam who screamed in horror when the floors he built get scrapped up.
You screamed against your brother's palm, four of his fingers digging into your cheek as he snatched your jaw back in place.

A single tear leaves your eye as you glared at him, a whimper leaving your throat once he stepped off of you. "You... bitch." You cursed in pain as you held onto your jaw, chewing down on nothing in an attempt to grow used to the pain, which you did.

"Told you you'd pay," Jacob smirks as you sat up weakly, wiping the tear that fell down your chin. You scoffed, leg extending quickly, making him fall onto his back with a groan.

"Oh... Christ!" He gasped for air, Quil and Paul bursting into laughter as they surround the male rolling the floor. "oh come on, toughen up Jakie poo!" Jared teases as he walks through the door with a grin on his face.

He heard what had happened from the lot thanks to the strong hearing. "Screw off..." your brother scoffs as he gets picked up by Quil. The two of you make eye contact as you slouched back on the couch, he bucked at you but you didn't flinch, the action causing you to roll your eyes.

"What happened to jakie poo?" An unfamiliar voice speaks up before the screen door fully opened, everyone gasps and heads to the person in question as you fished out the box of cigarettes and the cheap white lighter that had your initials on it.

"Embry! Ugh finally! Being with these two make my back itch!" Embry? This catches your attention. Cigarette hanging loosely between your lips, you look back to see everyone surrounding their friend, backs facing you.

"Yeah, I can only imagine with jacobs moping and whining." This makes you grin, your puffy jaw going down in size. You stood up to go greet the other member of the pack, hand coming up to your jaw in hopes that it stops throbbing.

You threw the cig on the couch before walking over to the giants, standing beside Leah and Jared who made no effort in joining the shirtless group hug.

"You wouldn't believe who joined the pack," Quil said with a cheesy grin. You couldn't see it but you knew it was there, it always was. "Another one? Wait, wouldn't that mean another bloodsucker came into town?" His tone shifted into one serious.

Oh.

Sam sighed. "Yeah. Our friends are starting to get a little bit bold." He says. You heard some shifting, he probably was switching
his leg. "Even then... they may not know we exist, but they know forks is Yellow-eyed territory. They must think they're weak. So they're hunting on this land." Embry says.

"And with the mind reader gone that gives them an advantage," Leah spoke up beside you. "Don't forget future teller." That time it was Jared. This draws attention to the two of you, the boys moving out of the way to officially include you in the conversation, Leah, you, and Jared standing in the middle with an Embry standing in front of the door.

With arms crossed and eyes still boring to the orange oak flooring, you listen to everything being said.

Mind reader, future teller, yellow-eyed, our friends... your stomach felt so queasy, it disgusted you. And your face showed it.

It started to make sense. Small pieces finally connecting, it made you feel so slow, so...hurt... you were so hurt.
You thought you were going crazy back at the wedding, but no that was just the surface. The silent communication between the two siblings-were actual conversations! They did that right in front of you! They played you! For a white girl who just moved back into town...

Suddenly everything seems to be going so fast. How long have you been out of this loop? Who exactly did you date from sophomore year up until a few weeks ago?

They're vampires?! For how long?! Did they ever try to kill me??

Did he ever want to kill me?

A breath left your parted lips. You could feel your heartbeat. You placed your now sweaty palm against the worn-down tank top that separated your hand from the fast-beating artery. It felt like when you had a bad trip with weed when you were 13, but worse. Harder and harder, it felt as if it would come out of your mouth.

Ouch. That pain... not only pain but that utter disappointment and disgust you felt for yourself for even letting it happen!

You were so focused on trying not to panic, you didn't even realize how heavy you were breathing, or the familiar vapor that released from your pours when you were stressed. You didn't even notice that you dropped to your knees until Leah grabbed onto your arm to prevent you from hurting yourself.

Jacob's eyes widened, movements fast as he pushed Quil and Seth out of the way to get to you.

"Hey! Hey! If you do this then what was it for?! What was all the training, the pain, that -constant burning for?! Come on you've been doing so well! Y/N listen to me! Calm down and breathe!" You could hear your brother shout, Sam and Leah already down on your sides as your shaking widened eyes glared down at Quils sandals, needing something to focus on or else you'll rip out of your skin.

"Jacob you could be calmer!" Leah spat out, sarcasm on her tongue, but noticing how your steaming arms went up to cover your ears. It was too much. The voices, the smells, their smells. And it was hot, so hot. You felt your breath quickening.

"No... This is more than her losing control. I think she's having a panic attack." Sams's voice was stern. He's seen this before, shit he felt that before. "Paul take Emma out of the house." You wish you could be offended, but you didn't even trust yourself at the moment.

Suddenly you see feet moving. No no no, I need to concentrate. Calm down! Calm. Down.

You take in a shaky breath, it was so sharp you could've choked on it. "Okay, so what do we do?? I can't just let her sit there, it sounds like her heart is about to burst!" "Jacob!, seriously!" Leah whispers yell, irritated by the way the younger lacked common sense. And the yelling! Seriously!
"You can! And you will! If you try to help her you might fuck around and end up without an arm. This is not like comforting Bella, Jacob." This seems to shut your-

brother's mouth up, the sound of him scoffing and grinding his teeth together making you want to tear your hair out.
"Let her handle this by herself. Or else she'll just rely on you every time this happens." The wood creaks as the Alpha stands to his feet, then it was Leah copying him.

How embarrassing could this day get? You thought to yourself. First, it was the mid-air nakedness, now you're sitting here having a midlife crisis in front of all these men, plus Leah.

"I don't think it's working..." it was Seth to speak next.
Sad eyes look down at his second sister, shaking and scared. He doesn't need to be watching this. "Yeah- maybe we should do something... it's already been a few minutes-" "she'll calm down eventually." Sam cuts off Quil. The young wolf clenched his teeth as he watches you, his best friend, take in deep shallow breaths.

It looked like breathing hurt as your eyebrows stayed pushed together, eyes clenched in pain.

Jacob already sent him myself to a corner, jaw tightly shut as he watched you slouch on your knees. He hated this. If only he took the alpha role when he had the chance.
"Embry- just what do you think you're doing?" "Sam- seriously have some empathy. You didn't do this with Leah, so you're letting her go through it? If I lose an arm then screw it, it'll be gone." The floorboards vibrate with each step he took toward you.

This time it was Sam who was lost for words. He couldn't help but feel like a hypocrite.

He watched as Embry stood in front of you, confusion on his face. He's never had to be the one to comfort a newly turned wolf. That was Jared or Jacob's job.

Whatever he'd do, it would be better than just letting you struggle to catch your breath. Sam wasn't the comforting type when it came to his Alpha work. He thinks tough love will make you stronger, to help you get over your fears or pain the fastest.

But in reality, it just makes it harder to come to him for some older brother advice. Maybe Emily could change that.

"Um...we should leave them.." Leah spoke up, clearing her throat and shooting a glare at your brother and then her brother. "and yes I'm talking about you as well." she says, knocking shoulders with sam as she made her way out the front door. Jacob hesitated, and so did Sam, but soon it was just you and Embry in the house.

"well.." Embry gulps down nervously as he stared at the top of your head. This was not what he was expecting when he came back into town. He was expecting his mom's smoked fish and potatoes...not comforting his childhood friend that he hasn't spoken to in a year. The relationship between the two of you was simple. He was jacobs older friend. And being around Jacob meant that he'd be seeing you a lot.

It was always short conversations, nothing deep. As soon as Jacob got the football he stood up quickly, said his byes, and ran outside with his friends to play.

You were the mysterious one out of the siblings, always quiet in your journal or sketching something at the dining table, in your favorite chair in front of the window, so no one could see what you were doing. so when you did show some type of interest in what your brother and his friends were doing, he always tried to make friends with you.

He figured you were just the shy type, so whenever Jacob was changing into play clothes or making himself a snack, he would always try to talk to you. I guess the mysterious side of you always made him... interested in you.

When the two of you got older, things of course changed. He had to stop talking to his none-shifter friends, including you and Jacob. But he always watched you from a distance, watching you smile down at your phone as you talked to your boyfriend.. the yellow-eyed freak.

It seemed like his lack of presence never phased you, and maybe that was a good thing, you had a boyfriend at the time, and well... you were his best friend's older sister.
Even though it disgusted him every time you rushed to the phone to answer his call, before knowing he was a vampire and after, Embry still found himself glancing over at you.

Sadly it didn't go well as his mom sent him to a discipline camp. then he didn't see you for a year... didn't get to hug you off for college.

But now he's here, nervous as hell, picking at the skin on his nails as he watched you have a panic attack.

It shouldn't be this hard. Was it because every time his mother asked him what was wrong he forced his mouth shut? couldn't even go to her to get comfort? or was it because every time he thought he was going to go crazy from the hormonal change, he couldn't go to his pack mates because they were either focused on vampires or the one they imprinted on?

Paul with Rachel, Jacob's sister, Quil with Kim's niece, Jared with Kim, and sam with Emily. And don't get him going about Jacob and his obsession with his childhood friend who's married to the worst person in the world.

At least his situation isn't that bad. He might've been lonely, but he's grateful fate didn't allow him to suffer for the one he loved.

But for now, he doesn't even know what love feels like. He thinks.

"um..." he blinks, before taking in a deep breath and bending down, making sure you had your respect space. This shouldn't be so hard, so why is this so awkward... rolling his eyes, the male tilted his head, in hopes to catch your eyes, but they stayed covered, your hot arms covering your face to feel grounded.

"I know... that this is hard.." he started, staring at the hot pink scrunchy that tangled in your hair, the scrunchy Bella gave to you. "Trust me when I say that... all of this information, swarming your mind, it gets...it gets better... You trusted someone that you truly didn't know..." he clears his throat as you took a sniff, snot threatening to roll down, but you weren't that heartbroken to embarrass yourself like that.

"Okay-okay screw this." He couldn't take the awkward comforting speech. He's going to try his best, in the way he'd want someone to comfort him. Not in a corny rom-com way that's too corny for his taste. "Hey, hey I need you to look at me... Please." Your heart was fast, but it stopped for just a second when you heard the sincerity in his voice.

It was weird getting male attention from someone who wasn't your dad or Jacob. You would say Edward but...we know now that it wasn't sincere.

His beg was a whisper, but from the quietness of the house, it was so clear. You lifted your head, it was slow, and you hesitated. You hated being weak in front of men, yet it's all you've been doing lately.

you took another sniff, before looking the other way, too embarrassed to look into his eyes, which was hypocritical since you hated the lack of eye contact when it came to others.
"Hey. You know, this would be easier if you could look at me." His lips twitched in a slight smile, his brown eyes capturing your side profile, noticing how mature your face got in just a year.

it felt like he missed so much.

Rolling your eyes, you wiped off your wet face, and turned your head, with an attitude you could confidently say you got from your mom, you tilted your head and locked eyes with him.

W O O S H.

It was as if we stared into each other's eyes for hours. Our hearts synced together, our souls attaching, impossible for them to separate unless death is our option.

I couldn't see anything but him, yet my vision was clear, I could see anything, everything. it was like the world evolved around us, no one in the universe but Embry and I.

Suddenly I forgot about all of my problems, what was I crying about? why is my heart pacing so fast like a drum? it's been so long since I've felt this stress-free, this problem free.

That's not normal.

"What just happen..." your voice was a mere whisper.. it was as low as it ever was. But he still heard you, of course, he did. Embry wasn't doing any better, he wasn't panicking but he felt like he should've been. Why was it so hard to look away from your eyes?

"I think we just imprinted on each other."


what?

Chapter 5: Part 5

Notes:

⚠️Warnings⚠️
None

Chapter Text

In which you and Embry start to mend your friend ship.

You stood there with your hands in your hoodie pockets, eyes staring down at your cut-off Palm Treo.

It's been off for a few days now, collecting dust on your windowsill. You were contemplating if you should bring it to the campfire that night. But then you thought about how everyone you currently associate yourself with is going to be at the council meeting.

It almost made you... chuckle at how lonely you felt. And it didn't make sense why you felt that way. So isolated.

You had them.

Eyes moving from your phone, into the forest that was straight out the window, there stood Leah, brows pushed together as she watched you watch her. It was currently 5 pm. Time for a haircut.

The older woman tilted her head, urging you to hurry up, and so you do. You decided against the phone, no need for it as you would be accompanied.

If anyone needed you, they knew you'd be with Leah, they can call her.

But you did on the other hand grab your wallet and keys as you walked to the front door. "Hey, are you gonna be back before the council meeting?" Your dad called out, glasses on the bridge of his nose and a newspaper in his hold.  You stuffed your hands In your pocket, fidgeting with the lint.

You weren't going to get used to this wolf stuff anytime soon. "Yeah."

As you were about to leave, your father released a sigh. "You know... you should probably speak to Embry tonight. Just so you can...understand each other. To clear the air, y'know?" Biting on the skin on your lip, you placed your hand on the knob.

Why am I hesitating to leave? Truth be told you weren't sure if you wanted to see him or not. There wasn't anything to say...or at least you didn't know what to say.

As always, you were forced into some shit you knew nothing about.

"Yeah..." this time you sounded uncertain as you walked out of the cabin and down the ramp. Leah was already in the truck, leaning back with her eyes closed. She assisted she came. Something along the lines of "if we see a Cullen I'll hide you in an ice box." Or something like that.

"You sure took your time."
"Yeah... sorry."

At least for right now, I have them.

"You know, you don't look shabby," Leah spoke beside you as you got turned around in the chair, your reflection staring back at you. You released a breath of air as your eyes scaled up your face and onto your short hair.

Turning your head to the side, you analyze the curls that came about one inch off your head. For the first time in forever, your curls were defined and shiny, and it looked like you took care of your mental health as your baby hairs slicked back perfectly into the rest of your hair.

"Oh wow." Your hand came up, fingers touching the soft coils. It wasn't roughy and tangled like the ends of your hair were, it was soft, tangle free. "No split ends..." your lips twitched up into a smile as you released the rest of the breath you held in.

You held up the $50 bucks in your middle and pointer finger, which the female barber was glad to take. "Thanks for this." You took a glance at the woman, her eye's already on yours. She gave you a smile, it was warm, she meant it, before taking the cape off and shaking down the hair.

Giving yourself one last look in the mirror you stood up and faced the older woman with crossed arms. "Feel better?" Leah asked, keen eyes telling you felt a lift off your shoulder as you rubbed the back of your neck. "Yeah actually."

The both of you stepped in the truck and closed the door in sync. Yet you didn't make a move to start the engine. "Have you ever... imprinted before?" The silence in the car was loud. Even the traffic happening around them was muted. Nothing but a slight white pitch noise surrounds the two of you. You couldn't even hear your heartbeats.

Looking at the shifter, she was staring straight ahead, but that didn't stop her from fidgeting with her hands. "If I was, I wouldn't be stuck loving a man who won't or can't love me back."  She cracked a smile, not because it was amusing, but because she wish it was a possibility.

"You don't think he loves you?" You asked, confused as to why she would think that. Everyone could feel the guilt Sam felt when they were in pack, the love he still felt for Leah was there. "It's all guilt," she shakes her head, somehow knowing what you were thinking. The imprint took away the man she loved, she knew she could never get that back as his head and heart belonged to someone else.

"I hate feeling pitied on, and that's all he's giving me.." "Leah I'm sure he still loves you." He had to. You felt it, everyone did.

"He doesn't pity you for being alone. He pities the fact that he hurt you, for breaking your heart....And, Trust me I know. I'm... still very in love with someone who I truly don't know anymore. So far what I've gathered from this imprint thing is... even though we're bonded... unfortunately mated for life... my heart still beats for someone else.. and it hurts."

This time it was Leah's turn to take pity on you. Without fully looking at you, her brown eyes give you a side glare. You felt it, but you ignored it as you stuffed the keys in the car. "Our situation is also different... you get to try to heal, your ex isn't always in your face."

She didn't spit venom when she talked. Her voice was softer, weaker. You didn't try to disagree with her. You knew it was true, and you felt yourself feeling worse. You should be grateful of this.

"Wanna go eat some Waffle House?" You changed the subject, eyes shifting back to the wolf girl who slouched back in her chair. With a lazy grin, she nodded.

"Good, I don't wanna go home yet."

"Me neither."

The relationship between you and the older woman was becoming stronger. The only thing about her you wish you could change was that damn attitude, but you understood why you received it, everyone did.

"Wish someone would've warned me about the diet change. I could eat a whole damn buffet." You sulked as you looked down at the bill. Damn near $200 used just between the two of you. At WAFFLE HOUSE. The fuck?

Leah just laughs at your suffering, hand buckling the seat belt. "Now you see why Emily is always in that damn kitchen? Yeah, kid, you might as well get that job you were talking about, you'll be doing a lot of grocery shopping. And don't even get me started on our period-"

"We still get those??" Your voice raised, only getting blocked out by Leah's laughter.

Shit was not funny.

You looked at her, disbelief written all over your face as your brain does calculations. "We will never be free.." you whined. "Well- what about shifting? Does it still... continue?"

With a grin, Leah sits back in the passenger seat, hand over her bloated stomach as she sighs. "Surprisingly no, you would think so but," she shakes her head, eyes squinting as she tried to remember. "It just doesn't come. Maybe it has something to do with our metabolism. Our body temperature? We run hotter when we're a dog."

She shrugs, already over the conversation. "Whatever it is, I'm blessed."
"Maybe it's because we're not meant to have sex when we're the-"
"Okay, eeeew" the older lady covers her ears "lalalala!" She says loudly, causing you to burst out in laughter.

This felt so good. To laugh, to make fun of your situation without feeling offended. But, eventually, it all came to an end.

Someone was staring at you.

In sync, the two of you froze, no longer laughing in joy.

"Smell that?" Her voice was low, knowing that whoever was staring, could most likely hear them. You nodded.

A vampire.

Without moving your head, your keen eyes scanned your perimeter.

"Oh god."

Your eyes dilated as they make contact with a pair of golden ones. "Just drive" you didn't respond, hands turning the key, causing the truck to roar to life.

"Y/N."

You flinched, breath hitching. "Why didn't you roll the window up..." Leah spoke in a monotone voice, black eyes glaring daggers on the side of your head before glaring at the two women outside the car. "Shit..."

You cursed, knuckles turning white on the steering wheel. "You're... alive," Alice spoke, a shy smile on her face. "And you look good! The hair I mean..." this time it was Rosalie who spoke, blond hair tucked behind her ears.

You didn't respond, eyes still on the shopping center across from you. You could see their nose flare, taking a whiff of the smell the two of you gave off. You and Leah did the same, not willingly. You started to get nauseous. So sweet. You could gag.

"Yeah...can't help but want to be dead right now." You grumbled, knowing full well they could hear you. "You've... changed." The blonde said, jaw clenching her jaw as she eyed the woman next to you. "Wanna see how much she's changed? Leave." The wolf girl spits out, upper half leaning over you to get more in her face.

"Okay whoa, this is their turf Leah... we'll leave." Your brows came together in a slight panic, a hand coming up to push her back into the seat.

"That's why I can't see your future?" The short vampire asked, golden eyes widened as she ignores any threats she was given. There was no need to keep who she was from you, no need to sugarcoat it as you were no longer you. She's seen this before when Bella was saved by Jacob.

Oh, how you wanted to run yourself over with this truck. You'd take that ice box right about now. Rather be freezing cold than have this conversation. "We're leaving now, you should move before your pretty skin gets run over." You said with a tone that can only be described as timid, laced with disappointment.

Okay.. that hurts. The pixy vampire felt her brows frown. You seemed to be taking this...well, appropriately. Appropriate enough for your species.

Your hand was already on the button for the window, ready to lift it until the blondie placed a stone hand on top of the glass, keeping you from your actions. You knew best to keep going, knowing it could crumble like chips.

"So that's it? You won't speak to us? Y/n we were worried about you! We haven't seen your face in weeks! Your father not returning any of our calls, and your brother staying on your land. We thought you were gone, and you're just going to drive away like nothing? No, I won't accept it!" Rosalie started raising her voice, triggering you to move from the window as your ears picked up the squeaking of her vocal cords.

She is just stone. Two stones rubbing together, creating an annoying squeaky noise you couldn't hear before the fever kicked in.

Chewing on your jaw, flexing the muscle, your darker eyes gave the vampire woman a look. "You want to talk? We can talk... just not hear."  You quietly added the last statement as you heard the growl of your pack member. You didn't mean to act this... rude to them.

You just couldn't help it. You were still new to this.

Taking a frustrated unneeded breath, the woman with the blonde chair retreated her hand back to her side.

"Then when?" Her voice was calmer, nose still flared as she tried to suppress her anger. She was growing impatient. The moment she spot you coming out of the restaurant- with the biggest smile on your face- she knew she had to come to you. To try and apologize.

That dog next to you just had to run her mouth. Or maybe you just didn't want to see her. To see them. It made sense. Protecting their brother while their friend knew nothing about it.

"Soon."

You said, finger rolling up your window. "I can't believe you just held a conversation with them." You pulled out of the parking spot, ears blocking out the woman beside you as she ranted on and on about how she wanted to rip their throats out.

You couldn't stand it, hearing all the threats given to them. They were your friends not too long ago. You just found out everything the day before, you didn't need the constant cursing and stress today, everything was going good, and now, it's shit.

Parking the truck in front of the red house, the sun was gone, setting behind the trees. The rumbling of the truck shuts off as you pull the keys out, eyes settling where the fire illuminated the grass and house.

"The meeting is starting, let's go." Leah was quick to hop out of the car, long legs jogging to the back of the house. It took you a few seconds to get it together, the whole situation that happened earlier still in your head.

They came out of nowhere, where did they come from? You were parked at the shopping center, you knew how Alice was with clothes.

Sliding the hood over your short hair, you chewed on your bottom lip, trying to force your mind away from the two sisters that belonged to the family you wanted nothing to do with. Not now at least.

Oh, how you wanted the summer break to end so you can enjoy getting drunk with the stupid college friends you didn't truly consider friends. You're really missing Virginia right now, really missing the sun hitting you even if it was 30 degrees. But now it's summer, but it didn't feel like it.

Here, in forks, all you get is clouds and rain. Sometimes muddy snow. But in Virginia the snow was beautiful, and you didn't mind when your shoes were always soaked when you walked to the dorm.

Even missing that stiff-ass bed you had. Not that the bed here was any better.

"Hey! Come on!" You blinked, snapping out of it as you heard the muffled voice of the young wolf, Seth. You breathed in as you gave him a tight-lipped smile, stepping out the truck. "Hey, kid." "Better hurry up before your brother gobbles down the glizzies." You gave the shorter boy a strange look as you start walking with him to the back.

The smell of charcoal and meat fills your nose, causing your stomach to rumble. "Yeah- okay I hear how that sounds-but! By the seems of it, you seem hungry." You released a heavy sigh at this, getting a flashback at the receipt you got earlier. "Yeah, this fast metabolism is going to be the death of my wallet. I should still be full from the number of carbs I ate today." You placed a heavy hand on your belly, the fullness that was there, now gone.

"Yeah, it just gets worse the more we transform, to be honest." The boy said with a lazy smile, dark eyes glowing orange as the fire reflects off them. Everyone, you knew surrounded it with a smile and laugh.

The four elders sat together. Sam, was on the outside, beside Billy, while Emily was on his other side, Billy beside Old Quil, and Sue at the other end, beside her son.

"Imprinting is something we, the Quileute go through to find our soul mates." your father says, dark brown eyes giving the group a scan before they rested on you. The rest of them take small peaks at you, and the male that sat beside you. You shift uncomfortably, always hating having attention on you as you weren't used to it, to begin with.

You slid your warm hands inside the pockets of your hoodie, having nowhere to place them. Embry sat next to you, his eyes down at the crackling fire as he also felt the awkward gaze that was given to the two of you.

This is so weird. He thought to himself as he took a glance towards your brother, but he was already met with the disappointed gaze of the younger. Yeah, couldn't blame him. He imprinted on his best friend's big sister.

"We cannot control when it happens, nor can we choose who it happens with... that can be seen as a blessing or a curse." Your eyes never left the gravel, the black smoke from the fire staining the rocks as he spoke. You didn't see the small peeks Quil received from the pack.

"It can happen at any age, any time, any place. Imprinting... has no mercy. And we have no choice but to live with that." You finally picked your eyes up from the rocks, your father's voice speaking wisdom through the young people's ears.

You catch his wise eyes glancing toward Leah and the leader of the pack. Ooh, he's messy. You, breathed out of your nose, scoffing at the way your alpha shifted uncomfortably while his fiancée cleared her throat.

Leah just sat there with a hard expression, not afraid to hold eye contact with your old man. She acted tough so they wouldn't know she felt weak. But everyone knew how she felt.

Your Alpha. You cringe at your inner monologue, teeth grinding together as you take a look at every one. Alphaaa. You dragged out in your head, rolling your eyes as you let out a sigh. It's already happening, the brainwashing.

You took this chance to take in everyone's features and demeanors as they stared at their elders. They all looked so serious, so intent on being there.

You weren't meant for this, you did not belong here, you never did. No control over who it happened with... it has no mercy. And we have no choice but to live with it. There is no blessing, it's all curse. No free will, no true happiness.

"The act of imprinting is a rare occurrence, never happening in more than 100 years, until recently. If one tries to reject their imprint, they die."  Whoa, whoa whoa whoa. He has to be joking. Your back straightens out from its slouch, face never hiding its expression as your dark eyes give a glare to your father. Please be joking.

Your father doesn't entertain your glare as he gives his attention to Sam, placing a heavy hand on the leader's shoulder, giving him a proud look and a nod. You didn't know it, but Sam went through hell when he imprinted on Emily, the cousin of his then-girlfriend, Leah. He hated himself for it and still does. They say you can't love two people at once, but Sam did, he really did.

Even if he couldn't show it.

Billy acknowledges this. He knew the boy was fighting with himself. Internally and physically.  Due to him being the first one turning when the Cullens moved back some years ago, he struggled the most, going through it alone.

You picked at your fingers that hid inside your hoodie, head looking up at the dark sky and hood finding its way behind your head. There weren't any stars today, a dark blue sky covered its clouds.

It may have looked like you weren't paying attention, but your ears never strayed away from Old Quils rough voice as he spoke the words of the story of the 3rd wife.

Embry thought he was slick as his eyes stared at the side of your face, scanning the shortcut you acquired earlier that day. He liked it, a lot.

You had forgotten all about it once you left your truck, head only filled with the possibility of tonight, filled with the two sisters you bumped into that day.

They've heard this story a few times already, but it never stopped them from being invested, intrigued.

Hearing their tribe's stories, hearing their curses and gifts. It reminded them how much they were stuck in place, never moving forward until their enemies moved from their land. Knowing the Cullens, they'll return in a few years, when the shifters are old, longer fighting until the next generation of wolves transforms.

Or, until they themselves moved away, and stopped shifting. But that's not even guaranteed. You never know what is lurking in your new life, nothing is perfect after all.

They couldn't tell if the pain of their shifting bones was worthed it, or if they demised it.
They wanted to keep the civilians safe, but even then, they couldn't save the day every time. And that pained them. Heavy. Like yesterday, when that teenager laid across the forest floor, with the demon on top of her.

She was just a kid, most likely coming from school for break. It broke them. But they killed the monster who took the last breath away from that child. Her death wasn't in vain. Her dying saved hundreds of others' lives. But of course, there were times when they saw it as a curse. A threat to themselves, a threat to others.

They were beasts who fed on anger. And that anger could turn into something ugly, real ugly.

"We have enemies out there. Some living far away, some living a mere 40 minutes up the lake. There are ones who want to kill the people we protect, and others who want to live in peace, who want no trouble. We don't like any of them. It is our nature to kill them, to rip them apart, to light their limbs on fire. But for the sake of our babies who stroll around the reservation, the women who carry their heads high, and the men who protect their own... we keep peace with the demons... never crossing each other's turf unless absolutely needed. And it's been that way for centuries."

Hands holding the two black garbage back, you began walking to the trash. The meeting was over, and now everyone helped clean. "Hey, uh, y/n." Oh god.

Taking in a deep breath you released a hum, letting Embry know that you were listening as you flipped the green can open, throwing the bags in there with ease.

"I know that, this is awkward, trust me I feel the same way.." no, no you know nothing about how I feel. You release your breath as you turned around, only to quickly take a step back at how close he was. "Uh- sorry. Look... if...you're uncomfortable with it, we can pretend like y'know...we're not bonded." What the hell is that?

You felt your heart squeeze, no this wasn't a type of metaphor, it actually squeezed.

"If one tries to reject their imprint, they die." Shit, that old fart wasn't playing.

Eyes brows narrowing together, it was as if you were in sync as the both of you brought your hands up to the left of your chest, directly on your stuttering heart.

It was a sharp pain, it left just as quickly as it came. Looking up from the ground, you met with the eyes of your imprint. "You felt that." You didn't ask him, you knew he did.

He just nodded, eyes narrowing on yours. You didn't have much of a reaction, which confused him, instead, you released a scoff as your hand came back to your side. "Yeah, I thought so. That was our bodies telling us we better not pull that shit again." This is real life, this shit was real.

"So, what do we do?.." the male, who was probably an inch taller than you asked. "I would say something along the lines of "oh I need time" or "I have to heal, I can't do this" but who knows what might happen if I'm away from you for a long period of time..."

did you just say that?

Did I just say that??

Did you just...admit that you couldn't be away from him. It must be the imprint talking. You didn't...regret saying it. But you were never the type to rely on someone, this freaked you out, no, you were freaked out on the fact that you weren't freaking out.

Your brain wanted you to go back to VA, to lay in bed and cry about your ex. Yet here you were, admitting to the kid that you couldn't stay away from him on purpose.

And he seems to react to your words, long legs shifting side by side as he looks away from your gaze. "W-well" fuck, he stuttered. This was all too intense. He took a step back from you, clammy hands cuffing onto his arms as he crosses his arms.

"Don't! Make this weird kid... to save ourselves from keeling over, we can uh... we can get to know each other. It's been a while since we've actually held a conversation... we grew up." You were quick to cut him off, saving him from saying something that could cause you two to be embarrassed.

He was quick to shut his mouth, a fast nod coming next as he agreed to your words.

This was true, he finished high school in a detention center. Well, more like getting his GED in a detention center. He spent a year in Texas wondering what his friends could be doing, what you were doing.

He wasn't as immature as he once was, he was better and older. Still goofy as shit, but somewhat mature. He could confidently say that he wasn't the same person he was back then, and so were you.

For this to work, they needed to put a band aid on their friendship "I think- I think that's a good idea, yeah. We have some catching up to do."
_________
Not edited

hair cut.

Chapter 6: Part 6

Summary:

I can’t kill her… I can’t kill her and her baby.

Notes:

⚠️ warning ⚠️
Cursing, detailed descriptions of Bella's body, dead beat mother mentioned

Chapter Text

⚠️ Cursing, detailed descriptions of Bella's body, dead beat mother mentioned ⚠️

Today in a long time was beautiful. Forks was showing its true beauty as the sun shined through the trees and glistened against the water. For the first time in a while, it wasn't humid or cold, but breezy and warm, maybe if you were lucky you'd have time to go to the beach and get a tan today. I don't know, maybe even find a lover...wait.

You cringe at the thought, your hand coming to a pause from the math problem. Ugh. The thought makes your stomach acid bubble up with disgust. Then your mind flashes to Embry and hid derpy smile, you stomach suddenly reacting with nervousness. The two of you were meant to hang out later, no members of the pack, no phones, just you and him with the warm water from the beach. If only life was that simple.

It's been two weeks since Bella and Edward went away on their honeymoon and a week since you've had that conversation with Embry. A month since you've been in Forks. Summer break was over. During that time you realize you truly couldn't bring yourself to leave Forks again, you wanted to, to leave to feel the Atlantic air once again, but that deep void of emptiness was terrifying.

 

To be alone in your dorm, fighting internally with your instincts, fighting yourself for the break up that had you feeling empty every time you were alone at night, sob-less tears trickling down your face as you dreamt. You didn't need that, you needed your family, you even risked having to share a shower with them again if that meant having someone faithful in your presence. 

 

That's why you transferred to Peninsula College. Local, close to your new support system. Also, close to your ex-boyfriend's family while he frolics in the wind of whatever he's at. Ugh.

 

Someone faithful, huh? That voice spoke in your head just in time as your brother comes out of his room with his motorcycle keys in hand. You watched him as he puts on his worn boots in a semi hurry, quiet, yet you could tell he was loud internally. Where does he go? Jacob didn't go to school anymore, studying for his GED when he had the chance, and he only worked Fridays to Sundays. And his stone expression says he wasn't visiting any friends. 

 

Ain't shit faithful about this damn family, they hid shit from you, betrayed you. I gotta let that go. You sighed, sitting up from your slouched position in hopes to focus on the task at hand. Instead, you hear the opening of the fridge and the fidgeting of the sandwich meat package. "So... where have you been going nowadays." You asked for the first time since his whole leaving out early and coming back late act. Theirs no way he has a girlfriend.

 

You watch as he rolls his shoulders back while he makes a quick sandwich, releasing the tense feeling he constantly had. "Just hanging around, you know? So how's you and Embry?" Changing the subject, and he did it so fast. You'll let it slide, to focused on your own problems, you couldn't really care what Jacob was doing in his free time. Except you do, just not today. 

 

Me and Embry? You truly couldn't stand the way you arms filled with goosebumps at the mention of his name. You don't even have a crush on him. But why did it feel so good hearing his name? "Well...we're getting better, speaking more. We're supposed to go out later once he's off from work, we'll see." As you spoke, Jacob finally faces you with a half-eaten sandwich in his hand while the other one fidgets with his keys. Seems like he doesn't even want to speak, just trying to get me off his back so he can go handle whatever.

 

Maybe I'm overthinking. 

 

Jacob's eyes narrowed at this, not knowing how he felt about his best friend coming over, alone, just the two of you. But, he just releases a hot breath from his nose as he eats the rest of the sandwich, hand coming down and wiping it against his jeans. He knew there was nothing he could do, except be the annoying little brother he was meant to be.

 

You were reading into the silence too much, to your brother it was probably comfortable, but in all honesty, you still couldn't fully feel comfortable with him. All of this lying and secrets, the only person to trusted was yourself. 

 

But you needed to break the silence so he could go about his day. "You're really ugly, I keep forgetting we found you under a bridge." He scoffed, annoyed but smiling, happy you were still you, the annoying big sis he needed.

 

"Yeah, says the mistress baby, I'm out!" It was your turn to scoff, yours loud and sarcastic. "Huh! Jokes on you, I'm not even offended!" You childishly stuck your tongue out at him, which he mirrors as he walks to the door. Just like that, all of that insecurity you were feeling was gone, all that anger washing away as you play fight with your brother.

 

"Yeah whatever dog brains, bye!" Before you could clap back, the fragile door slams against its hinges, making you gasp. He ate you up. You cringe in disgust as you hear the bike engine roar to life and slowly fade away. You hated losing arguments with him, never again.

 

|Jakes Pov|

 

It felt great today. It was a shame that I'd be spending this day with the Cullens, the only people in Forks who couldn't even enjoy the sun. Why am I socializing with my enemies? Well... its not that I had much of a choice. She was back.

 

Bella was back.

 

In the worst possible condition, she could be in. But she wasn't them, not yet. She was still her.

 

If I could- if I could just convince her to get rid of it- to save herself, then maybe... maybe she'll have a chance to be... her.

 

Or maybe I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

 

She's dying. She's dying from his baby, and there is nothing I can do but sit there and watch the one I fell for wilt away.

 

Pulling in front of the large White House I couldn't help but to cringe at the smell once again. A week here and I'm still not used to it, my body constantly reacting negatively.

 

"Jake!.." I smiled as her soft voice says my name. "Hey, Bells." My voice was softer as well, so afraid if I raise it I could somehow break her. She was so fragile. Her hair was thinner, her skin, pale with blue undertones, no longer fair with red cheeks. Her eyes were sunken in as if she was getting drained slowly by slowly, but they still held that beautiful light in them, if anything the light was brighter than before. Her body was smaller, skinnier, and delicate as that demon feeds from her, and her lips... her lips were stained red. The only source of color she seemed to have.

 

"I missed you.." she reaches up for my hand, which I gently, and quickly grabbed to warm her up. "You missed me or you missed your natural heating source?" I grinned as she grinned. "Both," she laughed, slowly moving over which I was quick to help her do. "Hey, I got it." I leaned her against me, and I swore I heard edwards marble teeth grind against each other from the far corner.

 

Speaking of the devil. "Jacob.." I pulled her cold body closer, something in me telling me that he'd take her away. Even if he already has.

 

But to my surprise when I look over to the man that hurt my best friend, he was glaring at the woods, stone body fidgeting with his hands. "What," I answered, trying my hardest to act like I didn't care what he was thinking.

 

Then he turns towards me and Bella, thick brows turned inwards as if he was thinking long and hard.

 

Oh, this is serious. 

 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" His voice cracks. It was weird. He was so perfect, he walked perfectly, he talked perfectly, and he dressed perfectly. Yet here he was, slowly breaking down as his world-my world begins to rot and die.

 

Looking down at Bella, she gives me a small smile before shifting away. The Blondy takes my place, but instead wraps a thicker blanket against her frame. Edward barely spared me a look as we began walking a trail into the woods, by the river so the ones on the inside couldn't listen in.

 

"You know... I'd always known you'd destroy her... just not in this way.." I couldn't help but to bring myself to say it. I've been coming here for a week and every time I see her... and see what IT does to her I can't but hate this freak even more.

 

Staring longingly at the trees Edward takes a shaky breath, an attempt to get fresh air before slowly turning towards me. "She... she thinks Carlisle can turn her at the last minute," My back straightens at this.

 

At this point did I have a choice? It was too late, her body failing her every day, I knew this was coming but I wish I wasn't going to be there to witness it.

 

"Like he did for me and Esme." He finishes.

 

This time it was me who took in a deep breath, nerves running through me. This could work, it had to. "Well... can he??" I questioned, quickly wanting an answer and not some wordplay.

 

"It's... slight." Bringing my hands up to my face I release an aggressive sigh. I guess I should've known that. I mean, look at her.

 

"Edward... she has to live."

 

"And if her heart stops..." he pauses, amber eyes falling into the leaves and dirt as if he'd given up. This isn't the time to give up. "Go on with it." My hands drop to my sides, fists clinching, not wanting him to say it, but I wanted him to. Just so he could feel that this was real, that this pain hurts.

 

"Jacob... do something for me..." I scoffed. How dare he.

 

"If not for me then for her!" He asserted.

 

Now I'm listening. Looking back at him I sigh, tilting my head so he'd know to continue.

 

"You have this... connection to her that I'll never understand. Maybe you could talk to her, to try... to try to save her," his lip quivers as if he's about to cry. 

 

"You could keep her alive."

 

Tuh... there was no changing Bella Swan's mind. In the back of my mind... I knew. I knew how this was going to end. But I needed to try.

 

"And if I can't?"

 

"If she dies..." there it was. Edward Masen. His eyes went blank, no light in those stone-cold pupils as he spoke about the maybe death of the love of my life. I almost felt pity for him. But unfortunately, I had months of preparation for this day.

 

"If she dies," he repeated as if it was hard to get out. "You get what you always wanted, to kill me." He shrugs. He shrugs as if it was the simplest thing ever. 

 

"I can't live without her."

 

Walking back into the living room, the first thing I see is a smaller Bella wrapped around a heavy comforter and fuzzy grey socks.

 

She dismissed blondy-or Rose before I took my seat on the couch in front of her.

 

"You two besties now?" I try to lift the sour mood from earlier, which she appreciates with a smile. "Rose knows what I want. I guess we have some things in common." She sighs as if this was the beginning of something great.

 

"How's ___?" Ugh... she just had to say it huh? My sister...

 

I'm betraying her right now, and it hurts.

 

"Um..."I chew on my lip as I looked down. How can I say this without stressing her out more? "Um, what?... hey... don't tell me something bad happened... Rose and Alice said they saw her the other day with Leah. Said she looked... different." She plays with the blanket, a small nervous tic.

 

"No, no nothing bad... well... ___ is kinda dealing with some wolf hormones right now... and she imprinted on Embry." Bella smiles her beautiful smile, before settling on a closed-lip one. "Well- I guess I kinda assumed that would happen... she looked different during the wedding. And... tell her I said good luck on the whole imprinting journey... and, and that I'm sorry." The smile was no longer on her face. She still felt bad about the whole wedding situation.

 

I didn't get much information on it, my dad and Sue filled me in once I came back. "I'll make sure to tell her that... she needs to hear it." 

 

She does need to hear that... the woman your man cheated on you with, the woman who's now pregnant with death itself has the balls to apologize... but not me... 

 

I fucking suck.

 

"So... did Edward send you in here to change my mind?" She grins weakly

 

"Sort of. Though I'm not sure why, it's not like you listen to me, you never did." We both laugh at this. So stubborn.

 

"What are you thinking bells? Seriously."

 

She rests her bony hand on her belly. "I know it seems like a bad thing. Something that... shouldn't even exist. But it's not, it's not scary, it's beautiful, a baby. He's a miracle."

 

I scoff again, trying my hardest to not say something offensive, or at least try to play it as a joke. "So it's a bouncing baby boy?- I'm sorry I didn't know, should've brought some blue balloons."

 

She grins, shaking her head. "It's just a guess... I've been having dreams about a curly-headed boy. And my dreams are usually real. I guess we'll see." I shake my head, elbows now on my knees as I leaned in.

 

"No... you won't."

"Jacob I can do this! I'm strong enough " She says, hope in her eyes.

 

I could feel the anger come back to me, the anger I felt when I first saw her bruised belly.

 

"Tuh- oh come oooon. You can yap that shit to your bloodsucker but you don't fool me, Bella." Her brows push together from the cursing.

 

"I'm not blind Bella, I can SEE what that thing is doing to you, that pixie girl said it! She can't see you anymore, she can't see you alive!" My voice began to raise, but I couldn't bring myself to feel bad as I watched her lean backward.

 

"You're wrong..." It made me sick at how bright those brown eyes were. She had so much hope that this would work, but my gut, my gut tells me otherwise.

 

"And when you die... what was it all for? Huh? Me loving you, you loving him, how is that fair? Huh? Tell me Bella how is that right to anyone?" She stayed quiet, the face of mourning on her face. She knew I was leaving slowly.

 

"Cuz I sure don't see it." She begins to tear up, and I feel my heart-shattering. I keep breaking my promise to her. Breathing out I get off the couch and sit on my knees in front of her, gently taking her cold hand that rested on her belly.

 

"Listen to me, Bella.... Please!" I begged, my eyes getting blurry but I blink away the tears so I can stare right into her eyes. "Just don't... don't do this. Live- okay? Screw my emotions, don't do it for me or Edward. But do it for Charlie! Do it for Renée!" She lets out a sob, her lips curling into each other before looking out the window.

 

"Jake..." that wasn't fair of me, but life isn't fair. THIS isn't fair.

 

"Everything is going to be okay." 

 

Even though she heard my words, she refused to listen to them.

 

Letting out a broken breath, I nodded, eyes going down to glare at the kicking belly before I take my hand away from hers and stand up.

 

"Jake- don't go!" She sighed, throat too fragile to raise her voice. But I grabbed my jacket before giving her one good look. 

 

"I know how this ends." I force myself to keep my eyes on hers, but they found their way back to her stomach. "I'm not sticking around to watch."

 

And so I walked off.

 

Walking past Rose, past Edward, and past Carlisle until I reached my motorcycle.

 

All that anger I was storing from her came back. I couldn't even bring myself to start up the engine before I threw the leather jacket against the gravel and kicked the machine against the trees.

 

Then I felt that heat again. That burning heat that I grew to admire.

 

I felt myself rip out my skin and run into the woods, the burning lasting a fraction of a second before I howled out.

 

 

"Jake?" ___ called out

 

"Jacob, what's wrong?" No, no no no Seth shut up, I tried whipping my head, trying to force the images of Bella sitting there half dead, of her bruised stomach from a week ago, of Edward asking me to kill him. Of me begging, pleading with her to give her life another chance. And the soft voice of Bella trying to call me back.

 

Visions in my head and voices in my ears, I didn't notice the car suddenly swerving to the side to come to a stop. But I didn't give them a chance to let them look as I hopped back into the woods. 

 

I howled once more, calling for the pack, just hoping that there was a way for them to help

 

"Jake??"

"Jake!"

"Jacob what going on??"

"Jake this can't be real"

 

We all run to the meeting spot, at the peer where the trees lay for construction. 

"Is it true Jacob?" Paul asked lips coming over his teeth as he circled me. "It's growing fast," he says again, the others coming behind me.

 

Leah gets there with Seth, her voice louder than the others, "It's unnatural!" "Dangerous!" Jared's voice yelled after hers. "An abomination!" Paul growls, causing me to bare my teeth in defense, but Quil was quick to choose his side. "We can't have that thing on our land!"

 

"We can't allow it!" They repeated as they circled me.

 

"She's pregnant..."

 

___...

 

 

|___ pov|

 

Everyone turns to face you. And for the first time in a while, you felt like a kicked dog. The flashes of Bella and her bruised protruding belly as she sat there pale. Her voice echoed and meshed with Edwards. Then his lone voice whispered, "If she dies, you get what you've always wanted, to kill me."

 

Whimpering, your ears press to the back of your head, feet taking a step backward. "Y/n.." Embry walks up to you, feeling your hurt

 

He got her pregnant. After you thought that pain was away, it was back, and it was fresh. So fresh you felt your heart bleeding.

 

Then a throaty bark sounded from above us. Sam.

 

"We have to protect the tribe. We come first, Forks is always first!" You huff out from your snout, your sides instantly warmer as you felt Seth and Embry get closer to you.

 

"Once that thing is born it won't be able to control its thirst!"

 

"We're ready!" Jared announced 

"No time to waste. Let's go!" This time it was Leah, making you peel back your lip in a growl.

 

"Let's think this through!" Your voice echoes in their heads, Leah, the first one to approach you. "Absolutely not! ___, remember what they've done to you! You got hurt by those bloodsuckers! They deserve it!" Not like this.. not like this.

 

They don't need to hurt like this.

 

"Right now?!" Jacob steps up to Sam, his ears twitching back

 

"We have to get rid of it before it's born."

 

Oh god...

 

"You mean... kill Bella?" Seth steps beside Jacob, which you get in front of him just in case Sam had the thought of putting the younger in his place.

 

"Seth..." 

 

"Her choice affects all of us!" A growl is released from your throat, a sign which Sam takes as disrespect. His brown eyes flick toward you.

 

"What do you have to say?"

"Sam don't do this!"

Embry speaks up, approaching you, only to get shut down with a bark from Sam.

 

"I won't be a part of this! Me and my brother won't do it!" It was time to act like a big sibling, your big body pushing Jacobs over so he wouldn't get hurt.

 

"You, are nothing but a lost puppy. You don't get to say anything!" He barks, but you didn't flench like the others around you. You were good at taking disrespect you just recently found out. But you still felt it, the need to bow down and obey the alpha, you just couldn't do it.

 

"Bella's human!" Jacob cuts in, trying to get the attention back to himself. "Our protection applies to her!"

 

"She's dying anyways!" Leah snaps her teeth, digging them into the fat of jacobs neck. Oh fuck no.

 

That friendship meant shit to you if she disrespects your brother in front of you. You moved faster, clenching your jaw down into her neck to pull her off of him. "Don't touch him!" You seethed, wide tongue coming out to lick your teeth. Leah's ears press against her head as it ducks down in submission

 

Being older only gets you some places. But being Ephraim Black's great-granddaughter gave you the advantage. You were supposed to be the Alpha. And the others were realizing it.

 

"Enough!" You gave the girl one last growl before whipping your head back to Sam

 

"We have real enemies to fight tonight!" He starts coming down the tower of logs, making his way toward you and your brother.

 

"Tonight?!" You and Jakes voice sync, Seth's whine catching your brother's attention. But you didn't dare take your eyes away from Sams.

 

"You will fight with us. The both of you." He commands, causing you both to step back. "Jacob don't you fucking listen to this old bitch." You growl, head ducking down, which Sam snips at you, teeth almost coming closed on your snout before you backed up just in time.

 

You snarl at him, Jake doing the same thing. It was only for a few seconds before you finally made up your mind. 

 

You were leaving.

You had to.

 

"I won't! I will not sit here and go kill my best friend and her child! I am the granddaughter of Ephraim Black!

 

"And I am the grandson of Ephraim Black!

 

"We aren't meant to take orders from you Sam Uley. I wasn't born to follow you or anyone else. But I will follow my brother. Because we know what's right! And this shit ain't right!"

 

"___!" Embry yelled out, knowing what you were going to do.

 

You ignored him, you had to. "I'm out!" You bark, teeth on display as you bump into Sam, and went up the logs. 

 

Fuck them. I don't need them. But you needed him.

 

 

"So, you choose your little brother instead huh?" 

 

You send him a glare before focusing your eyes on the White House in front of you, the Cullens house. "Okay... I deserve that. I betrayed you, your trust... I deserve this."

 

Boy, fuck you.

 

"I betrayed my imprint. My friends... but I do this because know what's right and what's wrong... And this shit is wrong." I shake my head, heart heavy with what felt like grief when I bring up embry. 

 

We never got to hang out together. Will we ever? Now that I broke my bond with that pack, we'll see each other less, and it'll hurt like hell.

 

"Garcelle called today."

 

Jacob whips his head toward me with wide eyes, but he couldn't get anything out as the trees move behind us. A boy with a tilted smile comes out, letting you release a sigh. 

 

"Seth." You and your brother say at the same time, making you roll your eyes.

 

"Kid, what are you doing here?" You asked, eyes immediately searching your perimeter for any more movement. "Don't worry! No one followed." He smiles brightly 

 

"Go home, Seth." Your brother rolled his eyes. "No! I can't, I won't stand behind him! I like Bella and Edward!" 

 

"Oh yes, you will! I'm not kidding, get outta here." Jacob talks back, arms coming across his chest. Seth's mouth forms into a pout, a sigh coming from his nose. "Or what? Is that an order? You gonna make me bow down to?" Jake rolled his eyes once again, an attitude deep in his roots. You keep having to remind yourself that he is just a kid himself, barely 17.

 

"I'm not ordering anyone. It's not like I can... ___ is the alpha." Seth gasps and faces me, but I keep my eyes on the White House in front of me. "Don't put me in this."

 

"Can I stay? Please??" You closed your eyes with a groan.

 

Seth was just a kid, not knowing the sacrifices he was going to make during this.

"Seth- are you willing to fight your friends-your sister if it comes down to it? Huh?" You weren't going to say no to him, but he needs to know what the hell is real and what's not.

 

But he was ready, a determined look on his face as he gives you a nod. "If that's what it takes to do the right thing." You give Jacob a look, and he shrugs. "Fine... you're in."

 

"Woo! Hell yeah!"

"Language."

"Yup! Can do."

 

"Jake, go give the Cullens a heads up. I'm going to run the perimeter." This was just an excuse for you to not see Edward. You haven't seen him since the wedding and honestly, you'll force yourself to keep it that way.

 

"Right-wait! Take him." Your younger brother points to the young boy. Grinning you shake your head. "Whatever. Come on kid."