Chapter 1: Capitulo 1
If traffic continued this slow, Tally would definitely be late for her job interview, and that wouldn't look good. She was grateful that Raelle was dating the richest fucking girl at Salem University and getting this job interview at Scylla's family company, the Ranshorm-Alders, however she needed to show that she deserved this job. Traffic took pity on Tally and decided to move, Tally thanked all the gods there could be for that and as soon as the bus arrived at her stop, she quickly descended the three steps of the bus and walked towards Alder's Company. It was the first time Tally had seen this building in person, she hadn't been around Salem much since she arrived, it's not like she has time working during the day and studying at night. Especially after resigning from the last company he had been working for a few weeks and spent all his free time looking for jobs that were hard to find in the city of Salem and only after a lot of searching, he overcame his pride and decided to accept the Raelle and his girlfriend Scylla help with a job interview at their family's company. The Alder family was one of the most powerful and feared in the city of Salem and we can say that even in Massachusetts, however, judging by the character of Scylla, Raelle's girlfriend, they were kind people and Raelle herself confided that they were just very reserved.
Upon arriving at the company, Tally was extremely nervous and constantly tucked her hair behind her ear to contain her nervousness. She made her way to the front desk of the building where a black-haired black woman was frantically typing on a computer.
- Good Morning! - Tally said nervously - I'm Tally Craven and I came to my job interview for Sarah Alder's secretary vacancy - she said tapping her fingers on the receptionist's desk after she didn't give him the slightest attention.
- Sit down and wait until you're called, Miss Craven. - the receptionist said without even taking her eyes off the computer as she dismissed Tally. Tally felt stressed at the way the woman treated her but thought that working with the public wasn't easy and maybe the woman was having a bad day. She gave the receptionist one last smile even though she knew she wouldn't even notice and walked over to the couch next to the receptionist's desk and sat down. She started stamping her right foot on the floor with a clear sign of impatience and went over in her head what she would say to Mrs. Alder in the interview and knew that she should show confidence and intelligence if she really wanted this vacancy. Tally was snapped out of her thoughts when the receptionist called out to her and told her to head to the fifteenth floor and enter the room that had Mrs. Alder's name written on it. Tally thanked her and entered the elevator extremely anxious and confident, she needed to surprise this woman. Entering the elevator, Tally found a tall, dark-haired girl with the most confident eyes she had ever seen, she was beautiful.
- Good Morning. - Tally said giving the girl a slight smile. She felt extremely underdressed around that woman, not that her clothes weren't good, but the girl's were expensive you could tell and her bearing in those clothes only made her look more chic.
- Good morning, I've never seen you around here, are you new? - the girl asked with a frown.
- I'm here for a job interview with Ms. Alder, running for the secretary position. The girl widened her eyes but then recovered and said:
- Wow, good luck to you, you'll need it. I'm sure a face-to-face interview with "The General" isn't going to be easy... but, I mean, I know you can do it. you just need to show confidence and that you deserve this vacancy. - She said then noticing the terror that left on Tally's face.
- By the way, my name is Abigail Bellweather, I work in finance. - The girl said proudly.
- Well, my name is Tally Craven, nice to meet Abigail, I hope we work together. - Tally said and smile at the girl.
- Okay, you need to show confidence, that you deserve this vacancy and these dimples for CEO and for sure you win the vacancy. - She said laughing which made Tally incredibly red with the comment. Abigail came out on the 13th floor and said goodbye to Tally. Upon reaching the 15th floor, Tally stopped to compose herself and went to the end of the hallway where Sarah Alder's office was and Tally could see her from the back sitting at her desk talking on the phone through a glass window that almost reached the floor. facing the secretary's desk. Tally took a deep breath and walked over to the secretary who, seeing her, smiled as if she knew Tally would need all the empathy in the world for what she was going to face.
- Miss Craven? Nice to meet you, I'm Devon, I've already warned Mrs. Alder of your arrival, come in and introduce yourself to her. - You spoke as if you knew Tally for a long time and knew who she was. Tally didn't think much of it and headed for the dreaded Mrs. Alder's office.
It was 8:00 am and Sarah was already stressed. Why was it so difficult for people to do the work they were paid to do? instead she was solving problems that she pays to be solved by other people.
- No, Krista, we're not going to close with them, I already told you. That company is a ticking time bomb and it's not long before they go bankrupt. Do they think I'm an idiot and that I'm going to invest my money in a job that will go bankrupt on its own and ruin my company's name along with it? No way… no more, Krista. Enough. Good Morning. - Sarah said hanging up the phone not to make her bad mood make the rain that was starting to fall outside turn into a storm. Sarah might be one of the most powerful witches the world has ever seen, however controlling her mood was always a problem for her and with that bad mood always came rains and storms. She hadn't slept well last night, Sarah just felt extremely uncomfortable sleeping with someone else in her bed and out of stupidity took a beautiful but inconvenient woman into her house who thought it would be cute to sleep in the same bed as Sarah. Sarah didn't know how to kick the woman out of her house and so she spent most of the night with her eyes open next to the woman until she decided to go to the couch.
Sarah Alder didn't sleep with women, she fucked them. She didn't like commitment and she couldn't be committed, not when so much depended on her. All her witch sisters depended on her, her sister Scylla depended on her. Sarah Alder's family was not only one of the most economically powerful in the United States, it was also responsible for a long time for the safety of the witches of the United States, each Alder woman had no choice but to learn to fight before she even spoke to defend herself. her sisters but Alder didn't feel bad about it, she prided herself on defending her people. They all defended their people from that sick group who thought witches were the scum of society, the Camarilla. Alder would not rest until the last Camarilla male fell and the world was safe for her and her sisters. Alder was taken out of her thoughts when she heard the sound of her door opening and a red-haired woman enters the door and holy mother, she couldn't help but notice the girl's beauty and in fact Alder thought it would be impossible not to notice. She excused herself and went inside, walked to Alder's table and Alder followed her walk without saying a word, just looking at the woman's feet that were wearing a red shoe, medium, her legs exposed to the knee when they were hidden by a black dress with stripes. white on the sides further defined the girl's waist and holy god, the breasts were extremely beautiful and robust in the perfect neckline, not too big and not too small. That woman was a sin.
- Ms. Alder, can you hear me? - The girl spoke for what seemed to be the second time and Alder quickly summoned the general and assumed his stance.
- Yes, you can talk. - Said Alder seriously.
- I'm Tally Craven, nice to meet you, I came for the interview for the secretary position. - She stretched her right hand across Alder's desk and looked him straight in the eye and smiled with... holy goddess, there were dimples. Okay, focus. Alder held the girl's hand tightly and asked her to sit down.
- 1 minute late, Mrs Craven. - Alder says seriously - My time is extremely precious as you can imagine.
- I'm terribly sorry about that, Ms. Alder, the traffic was horrible today. By the way, it's Miss Craven, thank you. - The girl apologized and changed her body expression to a posture that indicated that Alder didn't intimidate her, although she is terrified, but she knew that starting to intimidate was Alder's game. She wouldn't let this woman play with her so easily.
- Right Miss Craven. - Alder said, noticing how the girl got nervous but quickly changed her expression, it wouldn't be as easy to make her come home crying like the other candidates, Alder thought.
- Let's start then, I don't need to ask too many questions because I'm a very detailed woman and I've read and reread your entire curriculum and more, don't be surprised if I even know what you did in 8th grade or that maybe yours real father is not your father. These are just examples, of course, just so you know you wouldn't even walk into this room if I didn't know your criminal record or that you're intellectually capable of working at my company. However, Miss Craven, I would like to know why you want to work here. I saw that you have experience in the field and since you were a new trainee in companies in your hometown, you speak three languages in addition to your native one and always got good grades, so much so that you got a full scholarship at Salem University. But why do you want to work here at my company? I also saw that you have a master's degree in organic chemistry, which clearly has nothing to do with this work department here at the company. Surprise me Miss Craven. - Alder finished speaking with a raise of eyebrows, noticing how the girl's eyes widened with each sentence of Alder and was pleased to know that despite the posture, she scared the girl.
Tally needed to think fast. She had to try not to focus on the depth of the blue eyes the woman had or how similar she was to Scylla and yet her face was so beautifully drawn that Tally had to hold back to keep her fingers from running her fingers over her jaw.
- Well, Mrs. Alder, I could say so many things to try to surprise you but I'll tell you the truth. I am an academically greedy person and believe me, I only got where I am because of me, for supporting myself from an early age and learning these three languages on my own, not because I thought they were beautiful but because I knew that where I got into academics or work the more you know the better. This area of work is different from what I want for myself but Alder's company is a big company and the longer I work here I will learn what big companies want from people, what makes one person different from another to make them get a job because just being smart is not enough, there are a lot of smart people out there. Intelligence is different from smartness and being smart is also essential and I have both, Mrs Alder. If you have read so much about me, you know very well what I say about how I fought with my own claws to get where I am and then you must imagine if I did what I did to get here, I will fight much harder to keep my place in this company and help her to improve in what she needs as she will help me. - Tally finished talking, looking seriously at Mrs. Alder, having no idea how she managed to say everything she had said and suddenly started to get desperate with fear that she had given the wrong impression to the woman and had lost her only chance to pay next month's rent. However, when she least expected it, the woman smirked and minimally softened her expression and said:
- All right Miss Craven, stop by with Devon on the way out so she can explain how the company's hours work and everything you need to know to work with me. She will retire this week but tell her I want you to start tomorrow, no delays, I don't tolerate delays. You surprised me Miss Craven and understand, no one surprises me. - The woman smiled and stood up. Holy goddess, Tally was sure they could hear her heart beating on the first floor of the building when she saw the woman stand up, straighten her suit that fit Mrs. Alder's body perfectly, and reach out for Tally to take. This woman would kill Tally, she was sure of it. Tally grabbed the woman's hand, noting the softness of her hands now that she wasn't so nervous and thought she'd love to keep holding on to it but was startled when a slight shock passed between her thumb and Mrs. Alder's, who widened her eyes but pulled herself together. then they parted hands and Tally walked away from Alder's desk.
- So... hmmm, thank you ma'am, have... have a nice day and I'll be here without delay tomorrow. Until then. She walked out of the room as fast as she could with her heart racing towards the secretary's desk. What had happened there? Did she actually get the job? How would she work every day having to look at that beautiful woman? And more importantly, what the hell happened in there when they touched? Tally was pretty sure she'd been in for a big robbery. A rogue named Sarah Alder.
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Here's the second chapter, hope you like it!
Follow me in the instagram @eysh.bluebird
I'm sure this is all in my head. Of course I didn't feel the shock of touching Miss Craven's hand. Okay, this is pretty funny actually, I must have been so blown away by her beauty and her sharp answers to my questions that I must have imagined what I felt. Does not matter. But the girl really surprised me, I really didn't expect the answers she gave me. She not only has a pretty face but she also has a sharp tongue, I liked that. I mean, of course I want to say that I liked it because it will be great to have a smart and smart young woman like her on my work team, nothing more. After Miss Craven left, I stared at the door waiting for my heart to settle, then sat back in my chair and called Devon into my office. Devon has always been one of the women who have helped me the most both within the company and in the fight against the Camarilla, she is an excellent and faithful witch, it's been a while I realize how Devon needs a break and so I decided it was time to retire that lady. Devon entered the room and closed the room. - So, Sarah, are you going to explain this to me? How did that little girl with the scariest eyes I've ever seen convince you to hire her in a 15 minute interview? - Devon spoke with grace in the tone of voice. Sarah hailed to the lady and said: - She might look scared, Devon, but believe me, the girl is brave and smart. The only one so far that managed to surprise me with her answers. - Sarah said with a smile at the corner of her mouth. - However... something strange happened, Devon. Surely it must be in my head, I must have imagined it but I swear I felt a shock when our hands touched for the second time. - Sarah said with wide eyes. - For the second time? - Devon spoke with even wider eyes. - You're not implying that... - Of course not, Devon! I must have guessed it, the girl isn't even a witch. - Sarah spoke seriously. - Anyway, I called you here because as Miss Craven must have communicated to you, I asked her to start tomorrow, my friend. I asked this because I think it's better for her to get used to the work here at the company soon and I want to see if this will really work, ok? And also There's a meeting with The Hague that I won't be able to attend because I have some issues with Anacostia to sort out and you know I only trust you to go in my place to represent me. So tomorrow you travel to find General Sharma, try not to kill the woman, please. I know she deserves it. - Sarah spoke the last sentence holding back a laugh. - Later at home I'll pass you the details. Arrange everything for Miss Craven for tomorrow. You can go back to work. I need to do some more research. The old woman left the room with a nod, leaving Alder alone, who then went to start his research. Alder sat down and turned on his computer and typed into the search tab "Tally Craven" where the girl's social media appeared. Alder told herself that this was a professional survey, just to find out who she was putting into her company and had nothing to do with wanting to see a picture of the girl again or find out more about her life. The girl had a simple profile on social networks, several friends and several photos with them. In one of these photos she could see Scylla and her girlfriend Raelle together with Tally at university, Tally had a beautiful smile and her dimples were extremely apparent. Alder had to admit, the girl was beautiful and enchanted her. But, did the girl charm Alder to a degree that she imagined the clash between her hands or was the girl a witch? besides, was the girl the witch she was looking for? Hell, she'd spent 15 minutes with the girl and she'd already turned his world upside down. She needs to find out who Tally Craven was and she would do anything to find out.
- Okay, it's not a dream, I actually got the job. - Craven said to herself with her biggest smile. - It's Mrs May Craven, looks like you won't see me back home as soon as you said. - Tally said proudly of herself. The girl had just showered and was getting ready for her lab class at Salem University where she would meet her friend Raelle, they shared an apartment but Raelle had left home early for work and Tally was anxious to share the news. Luckily for Tally, her apartment was right next to campus and she could easily walk. The girl put on a song by David Bowie, "Heroes", while getting dressed and dancing happily for having managed to impress one of the most powerful CEOs in the country, ok and also one of the hottest ones. Tally walked to the campus seeing the sea of people around her, it was a starry night and she was starting to love this city, even more now that she was making new friends and doing well in class. Arriving at the university Tally finds Glory who was doing a master's in genetic biology and they hit it off when the girl all clumsy came to ask her for information on the first day of class on campus. It was funny because they were actually two clumsy people who didn't know which block they were going to study in, but the two managed to help each other out. - Good night, Tal. How was the job interview? - Glory asked anxiously. - It was great, Glo! At first I was nervous but everything went well and tomorrow I start, can you believe it?! - She said smiling and showing her dimples. - That's great, Tal! Wow, I really hope that everything works out for you there, ok? we should go out to celebrate after school at the bar near the university, what do you think? - Okay, but we can't be late because I can't risk being late tomorrow. I'll see if Scyl and Rae want to go too and I'll meet you there. Now I have to go to the lab, I need to get the best glassware before everyone else. - She said, kissing Glory's cheek and heading to her study block.
When she arrived at the laboratory, Raelle was already there and she tried to tell the girl the news and invite her for a beer later. - So, what did you think of "A general"? - Raelle asked laughing. - Now I understand the nickname, the woman would put fear even in Valak from "The Conjuring 2". - Tally said, eyes widening. - Tal, do you always need to reference those scary movies? - Raelle said rolling her eyes but laughing afterwards. - Come on, Rae! it's my way of showing how scary she is. - Tally gave Raelle a slight push on the shoulder and continued: - I swore I wasn't going to make it when I entered the room and she was already talking about the 1 minute late I arrived but I played firm and I think that's what conquered her, but inside I was terrified! Raelle laughed at Tally's comment and said, - Tal, Alder can be really scary but she's an excellent professional, you only have to win in that company. Now we're going to start drying and grinding the plant extracts, we shouldn't linger here in the lab today if we want to go drink with Glory later. - The two then took their notes out of the backpack and started their work. ... At 11:00 pm they were at the bar near the University, the bar called "After class" and it was the true refuge for all tired college students who needed alcohol in their bodies. The three women were drinking and talking about college, work, and love affairs with Raelle making a point of talking about her amazing sex life with Scylla much to Glory and Tally's dismay.
- Ew, Rae! We already understand that Scylla sucks like her life depends on it, I can't hear any more about it without my ears falling off. - Tally said putting her hands over her ear and closing her eyes. Raelle started to laugh at Tally's comment and says: - Tal, you need a good fuck, you're in a bad mood! When was the last time you went out with someone? Don't you think it's time to try again? - Raelle says raising an eyebrow at Tally. - Rae, I already said that I don't have time for this and you know that I'm not one to have sex just for the sake of having sex, I need to feel something and I don't even have time to scratch myself, let alone keep exchanging messages with someone. By the way, it's time for us to go home otherwise I drink too much and don't wake up for work tomorrow. - She says looking at her wrist as if she had a watch on it. - Glory, thanks for the beer, see you tomorrow night. Come on, Rae, no ordering another beer. Kisses, Glo. - Tally says goodbye to her first friend at the university and leaves pulling Raelle before she orders another drink.
The next day, Tally was up early, looking forward to her first day at Alder's company. She wore a dark red dress with a high collar that reached a few inches above her knees, along with a pair of black earrings and black shoes that gave her a few inches more height. His hair was down but with two strands held back that gave him an air of innocence and seriousness at the same time. The girl took her bag and headed to the company believing that this would be her year.
Alder had had one hell of a night, again she hadn't been able to sleep but not because he had a woman in his bed but because of the damn nightmares, they were back. Again she saw the girl being burned at the stake, heard her screams begging for help while she couldn't do anything. Anything. It always destroyed Alder. Those dreams had stopped after a while after everything that had happened and after Alder found out who she was. However, last night they came back in full force and Alder didn't want to believe that this had anything to do with Miss Craven's arrival in his life but it was getting harder and harder to deny. Hell, Alder had long since stopped believing the prophecy would come true and she only had one goal now, to take care of all the witches and keep making the Alder name thriving, she didn't have time for anything else. Alder woke up at 5:00 in the morning as he did every day despite not being able to sleep well, showered and put on a sweatshirt and started his morning run listening to Pixies. The sun was just starting to come out when Alder was already halfway through the race and if there was one thing Alder loved, it was being able to admire the sun rising every day. Another thing Alder loved was running, she loved feeling the burning in her chest and the sweat pouring out knowing that every time she did it she was getting more physically prepared to face any obstacle. As a secret agent and leader of the largest organization protecting the witches, Alder had to stay in good shape, had to make time to fight, run, do academic and canon work almost every day. It was a tiring routine along with planning missions, meetings and solving the company's problems but what Alder didn't tell anyone is that she liked it all, it made her mind not have time to think about things she shouldn't . Or people she shouldn't.
As soon as Alder finished showering again, she got into her Gordon Murray T.50 and headed for the company. Traffic was extremely pleasant this morning and Alder found it lovely. She went straight to the elevator to go to her office at the company but as soon as she entered she was approached by an extremely stressed Anacostia Quartemaine. - Sarah Alder don't even try to run away from me! - She said entering in front of Alder. - Hell Ana, can't I even get a proper morning start without being greeted by barrages of trouble? - Sarah said moving forward knowing that Anacostia would accompany her.
- Sarah, you are the CEO of this company, your life is a problem! Don't even try to make me the villain here. Where were you yesterday all day? Do you know how many things we had to resolve at that meeting yesterday with the shareholders? YOU JUST GOT DOWN! - Anacostia says with wide eyes knowing that this is not the kind of thing her mother would do. Yes, Sarah was Anacostia's mother, not by blood but adoptive. Anacostia was one of the children rescued from Camarilla attacks by the team "The daughters of amiero" and despite several children being cared for by them, Anacostia was always the one that caught Sarah's attention the most. Mainly because she always faced her, never with disrespect but always showing that she wasn't afraid and using consistency and logic to reason with Sarah. Sarah soon thought that Anacostia was a brilliant child and had always looked after her closely and Ana knew she was special to Sarah. Anacostia then joined "The Daughters of Amiero" in the fight against the people who took their parents from them and has since held Alder as her mother in her heart.
- Ana, for the love of all the gods, not now. I had to solve bigger problems and then... - Alder stopped talking as soon as she felt a tingle in her shoulder blades that made her intuitively look back and then she found a hurried redhead walking through the doors of the company saying good morning to everyone with her best dimple smile. She was holding in her hands two cups of what looked like coffee from a Starbucks and she was faithfully concentrating on her way to keep from dropping the cups. Alder didn't know how he knew but he knew the girl was trying to focus on the path and she was charming like that.
- Sarah? Are you still there? Who is the woman in red huh? - Anacostia says with a smile seeing the way her mother looked at the girl.
- Oh, hmmm, it's Miss Craven. It's just my new secretary. - Sarah says, realizing that she should be acting a little strange and went to the elevator with Ana quickly so that there wouldn't be time for Craven to enter the elevator with them.
- You seemed pretty interested in your new secretary in Sarah. - Anacostia laughed.
- Do me a favor, Ana! Early with these pranks? It's just my secretary and nothing more. - As the elevator doors were closing, a hand reached between them and said:
- Wait! - And then a panting Tally Craven entered the elevator. - Oh, Mrs. Alder, Good morning!
- Good morning, Miss Craven, it seems to me that you made an effort not to be late today. - Saeah said seriously looking forward but wanting to play with the girl. Anacostia chuckled at her side knowing that Sarah loved tormenting the lives of new employees for the sheer fun of it.
- Oh, yes, I... well... that day was just a setback. - The girl said blushing.
- Oh, how rude of me, my pleasure, I'm Tally Craven and you are... - She said looking at Anacostia.
- Anacostia Quartemaine, Sarah Alder's right-hand man, so you'll see me in her office a lot, Miss Craven, I already know you're Mrs Alder's new secretary. News travels fast here, learn. - Anacostia said playfully to Craven.
- All right, my pleasure, Ms. Quartemaine. Hmm, Ms. Alder I don't know if I'd like it but I brought a latte for myself and if you wanted one, one for you too. - The girl looked extremely nervous and Sarah thought that was adorable. Sarah frowned at the girl and then Tally widened her eyes and said, - But if you don't want to, no problem, I can very well...
- Miss Craven, thank you, I would love the coffee. I love lattes, it was so nice of you to bring one for me. - Alder smiled at the girl who melted inside.
- You're welcome, ma'am. - Tally said when the elevator arrived at her floor and left in front of Alder and Anacostia. As soon as Alder left Anacostia said:
- Just the secretary, Sarah? You don't even like coffee with sugar, let alone milk! - She laughed at Sarah.
- Stop seeing things you don't have, Anacostia. - It was just a kindness from her that I accepted. She said and turned to go to her room. It wasn't even 8:00 am and Sarah already wanted to kill Anacostia. But she was right, she would thank and refuse anyone else's latte and clearly she would do that to Miss Craven but as soon as she looked into the girl's expectant face she couldn't refuse the coffee and worse still SHE DRINK THE COFFEE TO PROVE YOU LIKE IT. Hell, what the hell is happening to me?
First, I would like to apologize because I said I would update on Sunday, however I am at the end of college semester and with a Physics course that is driving me crazy and I couldn't update. Second, I wanted to apologize for the English mistakes, my English is not good and I use google translator to translate from Portuguese to English, so forgive me. No more excuses, here goes the next chapter. If you like it, comment! kisses.
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)
Tally made her way to her desk near the door to Ms. Alder's office, after her little meeting with the CEO, she felt less nervous despite her boss's teasing. She sat down on the chair and took the diary where Mrs. Alder's activities and appointments were written down and as you can imagine, she had a very busy schedule. She also noticed that in two weeks Mrs Alder had a trip to Paris and she was excited just thinking about the possibility of needing to go with her since the trip was for work. Tally loved Paris. I mean, Tally has never been there but she always dreamed of going and when she was a kid she would collect pictures of Paris on her bedroom wall of places she said she would one day visit and Paris was one of the reasons Tally decided to learn to speak French and was glad to know at that moment. After a few minutes Tally heard the footsteps of Miss Alder already unaccompanied by Miss Anacostia and she stopped once more to admire the beauty of the woman and my god, she had such an upright posture, a look that showed such confidence and yet Tally could feel a kindness in her, Tally didn't know how but when she looked at Mrs. Alder she felt there was something different inside her, something very few people could see that if anyone had ever seen it before and Tally didn't know how she saw it, but she did. Lost in her thoughts, Tally didn't notice when the woman stopped right in front of her desk and called out to her.
- Mrs Craven, can you hear me? - The taller woman said with one of her eyebrows raised. -Yes, ma'am, sorry. What do you want? - She said shaking her head to get the errant thoughts out of her head. - As soon as you get organized, I'll ask you to stop by my room to review the agenda and I'll inform you of a few more things, ok? - Right, ma'am. I'll be in your room in a few minutes. Alder then gave the girl a slight smile and left for his room. Tally spent a few minutes sorting through her stuff and going over the woman's schedule and headed to her office. - Excuse me, Mrs. Alder, may I come in? - Tally says with a shy smile on her face. - Sure, Craven. Sit down and give me the schedule. - Well, ma'am, this morning you don't have any meetings, but you will need to review some contracts that are accumulated and at 10:30 AM you have a call with one of the company's shareholders to resolve pending issues. In the afternoon, you have a meeting with the biochemical laboratory technicians to talk about the report of some manufactured products and then you will have another meeting outside the company with A.D., who here do not have any information on what the meeting is or what it is for . - the girl finished talking confused with the last part.
- Okay, Craven, I'll be studying some contracts this morning. I ask that at 12:00 AM I order my lunch at the delivery number on the agenda and there are the dishes I usually eat during the week and you can choose between them for me. In the afternoon, I ask you to confirm to the biochemists about the meeting and that they are prepared at the appropriate time, without delay. About the A.D, don't worry, this is a private matter and as Devon was my secretary and practically introduced to the family, she knew about it but you don't need to worry. - The CEO said looking seriously at the girl studying how attentive she was making small notes whenever necessary. - But one thing Miss Craven, next week I will have a very important meeting in Paris and I will need you to go with me if you can, of course and don't worry that these trips are for work and therefore paid for by the company. I believe your French is up to date, right? - the woman finished speaking giving a corner smile after the girl nods her head. - Okay, Miss Craven, you're dismissed. The girl gave the CEO a nod and left speaking quietly: - oh my god I'm going to Paris, if this isn't the best job in the world I don't know another one! ... Tally started her job organizing everything for Mrs Alder's trip and faster than she knew it was already lunch time so she ran to order Mrs Alder's food. As soon as she arrived she went to the CEO's room to take it to her. - Excuse me, Miss Alder. Your lunch has arrived, may I come in? - Of course, Craven, I was already quite hungry. - the CEO said without taking her eyes off the computer. - Tally noticed how the woman was focused on her work and how beautiful she looks like that and always raised an eyebrow probably when she didn't like something.
- Miss Craven, I believe your passport is up to date, isn't it? I need you to have everything organized for the trip. - The woman said finally lifting her face from the computer. - oh yes, Mrs Alder. Do not worry about it. I got my passport when I was going to take a trip to Nice. - Ah, so you already went to France? - Mrs Alder said with interest. - Oh, no ma'am, unfortunately. I was going with my boyfriend at the time but as we ended up not having the trip. - the girl said sad for the canceled part of the trip. - So that means you're single? - Tally swore it looked like the CEO was interested in this information. - Yes ma'am. It's been a few months now. - the girl blushed thinking that on the first day of work she was already releasing this personal information to her boss. - But I don't want to bother you with it, ma'am. Now I'll go to my lunch break if you don't need me anymore. - Not disturbed, Miss Craven. However, you are free to go to lunch. Nice lunch. - Good lunch too, ma'am. Tally gave her boss a shy smile.
On the way to the cafeteria, Tally felt like an idiot for saying something so personal to her boss on the first day. She hoped Alder didn't think she was a dull chatterbox. However, she can't help but wonder how excited her boss looked when she said she was single and wondered if Alder was dating someone. Idiot. Stop thinking about it, what does it matter if she's seeing someone? It's certainly none of my business, Tally thought. The girl went to the cafeteria and noticed how full it was and how she didn't know anyone, she sat at a table alone and started to eat and read a poetry book.
- Wow, Bukowski? you're definitely not the type who likes his poems. Tally startled when she noticed Abigail arriving and sitting in front of her desk. - I see you got the job, I'm glad, Tally! - Oh, my, you scared me! first, why wouldn't I like Bukowski? - the girl said frowning. - Second, I got it! thank you very much, I am extremely happy with it. -Well, Tally, you're all delicate and cute and kind…you don't look like the type to read the poems of a guy who writes about whores and sex and drinking. - Abigail said laughing. - That's the problem, Abigail. People only see that in Bukowski, he has some really good works that don't just talk about that, you know? and hey! I'm not that delicate, okay? Okay, I am, but that doesn't stop me from liking these poems. She winked at Abigail.
Abigail laughed at her and said: - Whatever, but I think you're going to surprise me a lot yet. So what do you think of the dreaded Mrs. Alder? Has the general ever managed to make you cry? - the woman says without malice taking a little Brazil nuts to her mouth. - No! wow, Ms. Alder looks amazing to me, she has so much confidence, she's so smart and my god, she's extremely beautiful, have you ever stopped to think how that jaw is well designed and her eyes are so deep and... - WOW! - Abigail interrupted. - You really surprised me, I didn't think you liked women! - Abigail said stopping to take another chestnut to her mouth. - Which? I don't... I mean, I'm attracted to women but I've never been with one, I've never had the courage to reach out to a woman... but that doesn't matter, I just thought Ms. Alder was pretty. That's not a big deal, are you going to tell me you don't think she's pretty? - Tally said quickly with wide eyes trying to explain. - Tally, Calm down! - Abigail laughs. - Yes, I think the general is a hottie but I don't talk about her like that, it must be because I don't have a crush on her. - the girl laughed. - But seriously, let her just kill your patience and not your heart. That woman is a heartbreaker, imagine what she wouldn't do to someone as sweet as you, Tally? - Abigail says in a joking tone but nevertheless really wants to warn Tally. - Abigail, I don't have a crush on her! she's my boss, so stop! Look at the time, I'm almost late, it's time to go back to work. - Tally says looking at her cell phone even though she knew she still had 15 minutes of lunch and was actually doing it just to get away from Abigail's questions. Tally doesn't really know why she was so upset but she was and she was nervous, she thought she'd better get back to work soon.
Arriving at her floor, Tally headed for her table with the rest of her lunch and as soon as she sat down she saw Mrs. Alder leaving her room with a frown on seeing the girl eating at her table and not in the cafeteria. - Miss Craven, I thought you went to the cafeteria to enjoy your lunch break, it would be nice to meet other people who work here, darling. - Alder says interested. Darling. she called me darling. oh my god i'm gonna die. CONTROL YOURSELF, TALLY CRAVEN, SHE JUST CALL YOU DARLING, THAT'S IT. FOR. - Oh, hi Ms. Alder. Well I went but I wasn't feeling well there and I decided to come back here. - the girl says with a flushed face. - What do you mean, Craven? Did someone treat you badly in any way? if someone did this, tell me who it was and I'll go there with that person and... - No, no, ma'am! Don't worry, nobody did anything I swear. I just thought it best to stay here today, I swear. - She says interrupting Mrs Alder finding it extremely cute the way she worried about her. worried about employee, of course. - Okay, Craven if you say so, I believe it.- Alder cleared his throat - Well, I was leaving because I had an unforeseen event and I'll have to leave early today and I was actually going to call you. I'll give you this pendrive and Anacostia will pick it up with you, I won't have time to stop by her office right now. Alder held out his hand with the pendrive to Tally, who took it, but not before running her fingertips gently across Mrs. Alder's palm. Tally shivered and with the simple touch her belly burned but not just her belly, her whole body and that wasn't normal, she thought. She swore Alder felt the same way from her widening eyes. Tally couldn't help herself, she tried but couldn't and gently she ran her fingers over the woman's palm and felt her let out a slight moan and it broke Tally. "By the goddess," Tally thought, squeezing her legs, she was aroused and had only touched the woman's hand. "I can't feel this with my boss and my first day on the job!" she thought and then pulled her hand from the woman's hand sharply looking at the flash drive so as not to make contact with the taller woman. - Ah, hm... you can leave it, ma'am, I'll give it to her. Hope you have a good rest of the day. - She says still looking at the flash drive. - Hmmm... right, hm... have a nice day too Miss Craven. Anything, call me. See you tomorrow. - And she came out, as full as she came in. While Tally swore that if I'd been on my feet when she touched Alder, then she'd be on the floor by now.
She needed to get out fast. Very, very fast. For a moment she swore she was going to lean across the table and hold that girl's never and kiss her like she'd never kissed any woman in her life. It took all the control in her body not to do that. The girl made a simple caress in the palm of her hand, impulsively, Alder could tell and she was already all melted by the girl wanting any and all contact I could have. But nothing, nothing scared her more than she realizes it's true, she didn't imagine it had happened, it really did, she got the same feeling touching Miss Cravende again, it's like the gods are trying to say "You idiot, stop of denying yourself, you felt it, it's her." But it can't be her, it can't be her, Alder thought. Miss Craven was my employee, probably straight and maybe not even a witch. I mean, I can't be sure about those last two things but she chose not to believe it could be true. She was tired of hoping.
Alder arrived at the AD building and went straight to his office where Izadora was already waiting for him. - What happened Izadora that couldn't be spoken over the phone? - Alder said seriously - Good morning, General. Sorry to call you so suddenly but we have news that another Tarim coven has been attacked and we only have two survivors, an 11 year old witch and her older brother. They are here under the care of our repairmen but the girl said she needed to speak to the general and that she had a message for the lady. I said I couldn't call you simply because a child wanted to talk to you but she was persistent and when she saw that she wasn't going to give in she said... - Izadora fell silent. Sarah, who until then had been listening silently, even fearful of Izadora's words, asked her to continue. - Come on, Iza, get it over with! - The woman said louder but knowing that Izadora noticed the fear in her voice. - "Sarah, she said she had a message from the goddess for you…" she said looking down and then plucked up the courage to finally look at the general. - Sarah, she said that the time has come, the revolution has begun, the goddess needed you and that you kept your promise. She said... she said that the one you've been waiting for has returned. - Izadora finished talking seriously. - No... take me to the girl now, Izadora. - Sarah said with tears in her eyes.
Who is Tally to Alder? What promise did Alder make to the Goddess? So many questions...