Actions

Work Header

Poueries

Summary:

When a corrupt leader takes over the multiverse, not even the immortals can do anything.

Magic is banned, and teleportation is restricted to survival purposes. There are people looking to arrest our heroes left and right.

In a world like this, can they survive and take down a corrupt government in one fell swoop?

Chapter Text

The multiverse was really a beautiful place.

 

Ink could always find the beauty in any AU, no matter the subject matter. Dream and Blue considered it a talent of his. 

 

Today was a wonderful day, and Ink was painting in the most gorgeous AU he had found. He'd decided to paint some scenery. 

 

Ink laughed, painting a little smiley face on a flower. The little things in life brought him joy. He could just enjoy himself painting as long as he wanted.

 

"Ink!" A voice called. Strange, it sounded like Dream's? Nevermind that, Ink was too busy with painting to realize someone had called him.

 

Without warning, he was hit with a harsh reality. His new reality. No matter how many times he fantasized about the old days, they weren't coming back for a while. Even the scenery outside seemed to bend to this new leader's will. 

 

"Ink!" Dream raised his voice to get the artist's attention. Ink jerked his gaze away from the dreary scenery outside the window, and on to Dream. 

 

"Yes, yes, sorry. I'm paying attention." Ink stated. Dream sighed out of exasperation. 

 

"Need me to go over the plan again?"  Dream asked. Ink nodded. The yellow-eyed skeleton pointed to the paper on the table before them.

 

"So! Since it's technically not illegal to teleport for survival purposes, we can say we're helping others survive. And that's what we're doing today! We're gathering food for people who used to depend on magic for food, or can't teleport." Dream explained.

 

Ink and Blue nodded in understanding. "Who's doing what part of the plan?" Blue asked, tilting his head. 

 

"We'll all be getting food, enough to last us and some extra for the people we'll be giving to." Dream explained once more. 

 

"Alright, sounds good." Blue responded. "When are we heading out?" He asked.

 

"Right now!" Dream said. He made a portal, ushering the other two to step through before he did. Once they did, he stepped through and closed the portal.

 

On the other side of the portal was an AU doing rather well in terms of food. They'd stepped into a busy marketplace. Two monsters in suits stepped out from beside a stall.

 

"What is your reason for use of magic in the form of teleportation?" One of the monsters asked. 

 

"We came to get food." Dream said, putting on the most "I'm innocent and my friends need food," expression he could. The two monsters nodded, allowing them to pass.

 

Over the course of slightly less than an hour, the three got all the food they needed for themselves and others. Dream once more opened a portal, allowing the other two to step through first before stepping in and closing it.

 

The three stocked their own shelves, before heading out to give to the locals who didn't have access to much food. They all thanked the trio, some initiating idle chitchat. All in all? It had been a successful day for everyone.

 

Once they were done and home, everyone went about doing their own things. Ink was drawing, Blue practicing combat, and Dream pondering what plans they should execute in the coming week. 

 

In a world like this, can they really survive with kindness alone?