Actions

Work Header

Tradition

Chapter 4: Broken

Chapter Text

The wedding was quick and unceremonious, consisting of only Ben, Rey, someone that Rey gathered to be Shawn Snoke- an old, weathered man with an uneven and seemingly scarred face- Poe, Kay, Kylo, and BB- a big saint bernard who didn’t seem capable of not drooling.

 

Rey was on Kay the moment Poe helped the older girl out of the car, and Kay sucked in a heavy breath and squeezed.

 

“Kylo, guard. Poe, you’re coming with me.”

 

“Sure. BB- guard.”

 

The two dogs kept watch while the men left the open, main room of a small, quaint church, and Rey pulled back to study her sister. Kay was thin and gaunt and haunted, eyes desolate and tired. She squeezed onto Rey’s arms and said nothing.

 

She didn’t look or feel like the Kay that Rey had always known, and it had panic coursing through Rey’s gut again. “What did they do to you?”

 

Kay didn’t answer at first, just studying her. “They killed a group of hitch hikers, then kidnapped me,” she finally forced out. “Married me off. What- who-...? Ben’s our- our brother- so who are they-?”

 

“Him,” Rey said. “I have to marry him. What- what’s it- how much time have you spent here? What’s the outlook on getting out?”

 

Kay didn’t give Rey a rundown, determined and focused, as she would have a few months back. She didn’t even say that they weren’t getting out- a bit of pessimism that popped out of Kay from time to time before she bunkered down and got back to business. Kay didn’t say anything, just stared into Rey’s eyes, and somehow, that was more terrifying than any response she should have given.

 

Rey squeezed her eyes shut and set her forehead on Kay’s. “We’re gonna get out,” Rey promised in a low voice. “We’re gonna get the fuck out of here, hug and kiss Dad, and then kick his fucking ass. He lied! He could have- could have gone to someone about this place, or- at least fucking warned us in any meaningful way-”

 

“Rey,” Kay interrupted. “Why did you come here?”

 

“To get you!” Rey said, pulling back to gawk in disbelief. “You think my sister- my best fucking friend- can go missing without my impulsive ass heading in right behind you-?”

 

Kay looked hurt, horrified, and so many other things that mingled and changed faster than Rey could recognize them. “I came here alone and you went missing- so you came here, alone, to go missing, too?”

 

Rey couldn’t think to hide the shock and grief she’d been avoiding on the ride back to town, and Kay studied Rey slowly, studying her. Thinking, wondering, about all of the horrible things that that could mean. “Who?”

 

One small, broken word, and it was acid on the shattered pieces of Rey’s mind.

 

“Finn, Rose, and-... And Snap.”

 

Kay didn’t so much as react to the first two, which made bile rise in Rey’s throat. At the final name, though, her eyes widened and grew wet, and she gulped and licked her lips. She looked away, brain struggling to come to terms with that.

 

If Rey didn’t say, she might find out in a much less preferable way from one of these fucking cunts.   “I… I guess Chewie followed me. I guess he didn’t make it too far- or… Made it way too far.”

 

Kay closed her eyes and shuddered. “Oh,” was all she said.

 

Oh. Rey stared at her sister who had been rendered so unfamiliar for several long seconds- until Ben came back and guided Rey to a bathroom, watching her as she changed into a simple, formal white gown. He ushered her further into the church, into a seat, where a tall, pale woman with platinum blonde hair silently did her hair and makeup as Kay sat on a nearby sofa, staring at her folded hands.

 

They went back to the main room, where the ceremony happened quickly and quietly. Rey was being guided back to Ben’s truck before she knew it, all but propelled into the passenger seat, as she watched Kay’s own captor lead her into another, older truck- silver and wood paneling.

 

They drove back into the woods, towards Ben’s house, but a truck had been parked in the road, blocking the way. Ben grumbled something, then hopped out of the truck; he went to the bed-

 

Rey had nothing better to do and nothing more to lose. She wrenched open the car door and bolted-

 

She made it pretty far before Ben himself snatched her up like it was nothing, and she flailed and squirmed as he carried her back to the truck. She made it as difficult as she could as he held her still while digging through something for something, and he cursed and snarled at her all the while, until-

 

He slammed her into the bed of the truck and pinned her down. “I can get Kylo on you again,” he snarled in her ear. “And so soon after, it’ll hurt more this time- an’ then, since we’re married, I’ll fuck you in the cunt, rough and mean into the goddamn gravel, an’ that’ll only make it all fucking worse-”

 

“I don’t care!” Rey shrieked. “I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care-!”

 

Ben finally tossed away the tangled rope he’d apparently been going for to seize some duct tape instead. He got it around her wrists, her knees, her ankles, her mouth. He carried her back to the passenger side, exhausted and desperate and squirming, and set her down. He walked off, leaving the door open-

 

Rey threw herself out onto the gravel, which hurt a fair bit more than she’d been anticipating, but she didn’t particularly give a fuck; he cursed and hurried back to her, then picked her up and set her back in the seat. He closed the door that time, giving Rey little to do but squirm and scream uselessly, all but silently, into her gag. She tried to get that off, at least, but he’d put too many layers, wrapped it too well, foiled every way that Rey knew how to get duct tape off of her mouth.

 

She was nothing but instinct and pure power of will as she struggled in vain. When he came back, he used the rope to tie her to the seat.

 

“Feisty fuckin’-” he cut himself off. “Feisty still, ain’t ya? That’s okay. You still ain’t know no better.”

 

And he left her there, bound to herself and the car in the middle of the road, as he walked to the other truck and drove it into the parking lot, then headed into his- their- mother’s house.

 

He was in there for an eternity. Rey had to piss really, really badly. Kylo was circling the truck, never going far. Rey had to piss like a racing horse, and as the minutes turned to what had to be an hour, or damn near close to it-

 

Rey pissed herself, and it burned. She probably could have held it a bit longer at least, but she no longer gave a fuck. She pissed herself, and as her bladder emptied, so did every ounce of fire in her body. She relaxed against the back of the seat, feeling nothing but ever more loss at the emptiness that took up the space that anger, shame, indignance- something- should have. She stared up at the ceiling of the truck and thought.

 

The best way out was probably to get him to let his guard down. To make him think she’d broken. But if she folded too easily, he’d know something was up.

 

She’d fight as long as she could- as long as she thought she had to- then slowly pretend to break. She couldn’t work out the specifics of all of that until she knew just what the fuck she’d been forced into. And then, she’d play it cool for a little while and reevaluate the best time to run.

 

And, hey, if she managed to get out in the first bit, all the better.

 

… And then what? Probably head back to Dad, go to the police there. She didn’t trust these ones, and Dad had gotten and stayed away. She’d bring Kay if she could, but Rey wasn’t going to quit until someone fucking did something about this fucking hell on earth, and with nothing for Kay to lose, either, it’d be bad for both of them if Rey wasted her shot to get out if she couldn’t get Kay.

 

Ben came out maybe a half hour after she pissed herself, a half hour she sat plotting and getting ever hotter, ever hungrier, ever thirstier, and ever more uncomfortable and pained sitting in her piss-soaked dress. She glared at him as he approached, but she was fresh out of fight. Ben opened the back door to let Kylo in and sighed.

 

“You piss yourself?”

 

Rey couldn’t answer if she wanted to, and she’d still rather ignore him. He walked slowly around to the driver’s side, climbing in and pulling out. He didn’t talk until they were about halfway to his house.

 

“I’dda took you into Mama’s to get you cleaned up,” he said. “But she’s a bit busy grieving.”

 

Oh. Yeah. Rey had killed Leia’s husband. Her own uncle. Kay’s father.

 

This place was vile.

 

When he parked the truck and got out, he rounded it to scoop her up and carry her into the trailer, Kylo in tow. Ben set her down on the toilet and pulled off the duct tape, the soiled dress and underthings, undid her hair. He turned on the shower and motioned towards it; Rey did not move.

 

Ben sighed softly, then took off his own clothing and scooped her up, walking into the shower with her. When he set her on her feet, though, she collapsed down into a puddle on the tiny shower floor, and onto Ben’s feet. He looked down at her, crossing his arms, and Rey stared at the ceiling impassively and did not move.

 

“You ain’t aged a day since two,” he grumbled at her, displeased.

 

He moved her until she was sitting upright, leaned into the corner, and scrubbed her clean. Her ass was bleeding, something he commented on quietly. “You ain’t gonna make this easy, are you?”

 

When they were both cleaned, he turned the shower off and got out, drying himself off and then, with difficulty, her. He carried her to the bedroom and dropped her on the bed, and with rope waiting in his nightstand, he tied her hands to the headboard and her knees together, leaving her bare on the bed to get dressed and then walk off.

 

She could see him through the doorway as he fed Kylo, then sat down at the table with a plate of mac and cheese to eat, a cup of coffee in front of him. When he came back, he had a big glass of water with a straw in, which he guided to her lips.

 

She was too thirsty not to drink, damn him, but sucked up a bit extra and kept it in her mouth until he sat down on the edge of the bed-

 

She spat it on him, and he sat there for a moment, fury passing over his face before his expression settled into grim, forced patience. “Yer tryin’ my mercy, girl,” he breathed, a low and lethal sound. He wiped his face off, then wiped his hands on his jeans. “And when I’m about ten minutes from some pretty sensitive, unexplored territory, that’s an awfully stupid thing to do.”

 

“Just leave me alone,” Rey gritted out in a snarl of her own.

 

Ben looked over at her, tired and annoyed. “What happened with Luke?”

 

To tell the truth, or to lie? Rey stared at Ben for a long time. Her decision wasn’t even made by the time she spoke- “I was trying to get my friends,” she said. “And he was there. I guess I got pretty mad. I think I slapped him, or went to, and he stopped me, and I fought-... I guess Kylo didn’t like that much.”

 

Ben turned to stare at the wall, sitting with that. It was unclear, at first, whether or not he bought her blatant lie. “Never did know how to act for anyone but me,” he grumbled at long last. He turned to look out the open door at Kylo, who was bounding towards the bedroom at that very moment. “You, dog, are damned lucky I never liked that old bastard, or I’d have half a mind to shoot you.”

 

Kylo seemed unaffected by the threat, just trotting happily up to sniff at Rey’s bound hand, then nuzzle into it.

 

“Yeah, yeah, ya like her,” Ben grumbled, getting to his feet once more. “Kylo, come.” Kylo followed Ben to the front door, and Ben opened it and ushered him out before heading back to the bedroom, closing the door behind him.

 

“He’s gonna get hurt.”

 

Ben looked up, one brow quirked. “He’s a fuckin’ wolf, Rey. Ain’t a goddamned thing what can hurt him but a bullet to the skull. An’ besides- the Knights are out there. He’s gonna go help ‘em, I reckon. Us’ly does.” Ben sat down on the edge of the bed again, placing a hand on Rey’s belly as he studied her in quiet, gentle reverence. Rey wanted to punch him, over and over and over again- the face, the throat, the gut, the groin- until he stopped moving, stopped breathing, stopping being a giant beacon of danger and pain and-

 

“That stuff with Kylo,” he said in a low voice. “Ain’t usually gonna be like that. He’ll get all riled up iffin ya fight, but he’ll be gentle and sweet if you lay there for him.”

 

“And how often are you going to make your wolf rape me?”

 

Ben’s eyes flicked up to Rey’s, unaffected. “Once a week, at least,” he said matter-of-factly. “More, if you get to likin’ it-”

 

Rey scoffed, shuddering. Ben leaned closer to whisper in her ear, “I told you. It don’t gotta be that way.”

 

“It ‘don’t gotta’ be this way- any of it. Don’t act like this shit is my fault, when you’re the one doing it all-”

 

Ben pressed a kiss into her temple, and the tenderness- the facade of it all- made her want to shriek, and throw up, and wither into nothing all at once. “You’ll learn, sweetheart. This is the way it’s s’posed to be. You’ll learn, and you’ll like it.”

 

“Just leave me alo-”

 

“No,” he said softly, pressing a few more kisses into her face; her face scrunched up, eyes squeezing shut, and she tried to pull away. He only lowered himself onto her, holding her hair in one hand to keep her head in place, and kissed her throat hungrily.

 

She hated this man. She hated that the panic and nausea and horror returned to fill the emptiness. She hated the frightened, pitiful whine that came bubbling up out of her throat.

 

“I ain’t gonna force you again after this,” he said softly into her throat. “Ain’t gonna change nothin’, it seems, and it ain’t exactly my cup o’ tea. But we gotta consummate the marriage, sweetheart, an’ I’ll try to make it quick- heard the first time is, for men. I’ll go slow beforehand, though- try to relax, let me get you wet. I ain’t small, and it’ll hurt otherwise.”

 

She hated the tenderness more than anything. Like rape was just a method of getting her to behave, something he wouldn’t want to do unless it was to get her to act the way she ‘should’-

 

Like it was her fault this was bad, and he was just trying to take care of her. She hated the tears it brought forth almost as much, bubbling and sobbing into the air.

 

“Can make Kylo hold off for a little while, too,” he mumbled into her collarbone. “He’s got a taste for it, but we get passersby from time to time. They’ll do, ‘till you’re ready. Just gotta find an effective way of helpin’ ya learn, and once we get that good and done, it’ll go so much smoother…”

 

“Just leave me alone,” Rey begged.

 

“Shh… You don’t wanna be alone,” he breathed, kissing down her sternum. “I been alone since y’all left. You always had Han and Kitty and Chewie- all the people what left me. I’m sure it wudn’t good, whether you realize it or not- but you wasn’t alone, an’ you won’t have to be. I got you, and you got me, and you’ll see that in time…”

 

Over one small breast, aimless and looping. He was in no rush.

 

“Shoulda been more gentle, but you fit right against me- all sassy and sweet. Got me all riled up, too- wantin’ to play. I shoulda used my damned head. S’all on me, baby, but you’re grown- you’re old enough to work with me now. Just be sweet for me and it’ll all go smoothly- you can keep the sass and fire, but you gotta stay sweet for me…”

 

He silenced himself when his lips closed around her nipple, and Rey let out a drawn-out, tortured whine. They’d always been so fucking sensitive-

 

It felt good and she hated it-

 

She looked down at him- at Ben- at her brother. Tried to pull herself out of the arousal he was trying to push her into. He was her brother, he had her tied down, forced into this and marriage and-

 

But the sickness and the horror was so much worse. She’d prefer it, but she couldn’t-

 

She closed her eyes and shut her mind off, with much difficulty. But there was no shutting off the cool electricity that shot from her nipple to her spine, her spine into her belly, her belly into her cunt. There was no getting around the fact that he was making her feel good.

 

He left her nipple and trailed kisses lazily over her chest, to her other breast, fully around it and towards her nipple. One hand moved to knead the breast he’d abandoned, inexpert and curious and yet so gentle and reverent. A big, warm, calloused palm learning her, exploring. Two fingers pinching and rolling her nipples as his mouth finally found the other; two knuckles closing around one as the palm gripped and held the fat of her breast as his mouth took a good portion of her entire, admittedly small breast into it.

 

And she was wet. The desolate horror could not be ignored, but the reasons- luckily- could be. She was horny and broken.

 

He kissed down her belly, hands coming down to stroke down her sides, feeling the shape of her curves. As he kissed over her hip, shifting down on the bed, his hands moved to free her knees- no, tie them up to her bent down elbows, spreading her for him and keeping her in place-

 

She whimpered as it got harder once more to ignore the reality of it, and his mouth quickly found the oversensitive inside of her thigh, quickly worked to melt away her thoughts once more.

 

Fingers spread her open to the warm, humid air, and he heard him inhale, sensed his head so close to her sex. Another whimper bubbled up as a finger passed slowly through her swollen folds-

 

She was so wet that she could hear it, and she hated herself for it-

 

Passing over her entrance to gather up some of her stolen dew, then guide it towards her clitoris to strum it, inexpert and ineffective.

 

At first. Much to her further desolation, he seemed to learn quickly. His big thumb found and trapped it, circling and flicking until she was clenching down on nothing, hips twitching, as an orgasm steadily materialized off in the distance of her mind.

 

“I’ll take good care of you, each and every time,” he breathed, and his breath tickled her core until she squirmed again. “I’ll make you come for me as many times as you can stand to. I’ll make it good for you, sweetheart. Anytime you want it, with the sole exception o’ church, you come to me and I’ll drag you right back home and you can melt away into bliss whenever you want. As often as you want. However you want. I’ll take care of you.”

 

He slipped a finger inside and she gasped; she’d slipped in one, occasionally two, or her own before- but it had been awhile, as she’d found that just toying with her clit was easier, faster. And his fingers were so much bigger-

 

She let out a strangled sob and squirmed.

 

“You’re bein’ such a good girl,” he noted softly as his finger explored inside of her body. “Is this what you need, doll? You need me to make you feel good?”

 

Rey said nothing. There was nothing to say.

 

“You love it,” he said softly- but there was no arrogance nor braggadocio in his voice, only gentle awe. “Your beautiful little body, so responsive… Yer gettin’ close, ain’t ya? You gonna come for me already? You’re doin’ so well, Rey. So fuckin’ good.”

 

God damnit, God damn him, his words and his beautiful, baritone voice were working now, marching her closer to that not-so-distant climax, now that most of her mind had melted away…

 

“Let me see it, baby. Come undone for me. I’ll kiss this perfect little cunt ‘till you can take a second finger, an’ then you’ll come for me again- a third finger, a third orgasm, an’ then I’ll make love to you, nice an’ sweet…”

 

She shuddered as a moan fell from her lips without permission.

 

“There you go, sweet girl. Let go. Let it all go. Come for me- let me taste it, drink it outta you-”

 

Rey moaned again as her body rolled and twitched, as a slow and strong and yet seemingly tender orgasm rolled through her; all encompassing, strong waves, but there was no frantic intensity to it like there always was. It was like she was laying down in a wave pool, just letting the water take her where it took her, calm and blissful…

 

Her eyes fluttered open as her body collapsed into the bed, as the orgasm passed. Ben eagerly found her clit with his mouth, flicking a big, sloppy tongue over it-

 

“O-ohhh,” Rey moaned, shuddering again. The intensity was back with a vengeance-

 

Aftershocks she could rarely bring herself to elicit-

 

He pulled his finger almost all of the way out, then added a second one, and the stretch had her squirming into the rope, her hips trying desperately to chase the feeling, her mind entirely checked out. His fingers curled and stretched, stroking perfect little spots within her- his lips sealed around her clit and he sucked-

 

It didn’t take long for her second orgasm to follow, and Rey cried out and thrashed; it was so intense, and yet, so beautiful and sharp, like she’d been struck by lightning that took an eternity to pass-

 

His mouth explored, learning. A third finger followed, eventually, and then, a third orgasm. She was sobbing into the air by the time he pulled back, face damp with her arousal, eyes turning up to look at hers with nothing short of adulation.

 

He was bare on top of her in moments, and Rey was still too dazed from his generous foreplay to process the sights of movement and color until he was kneeling between her splayed legs, leaning forward to kiss and nip at her jaw, her throat, her cheekbone. She felt him line himself up-

 

“Please,” she breathed, and he gave a low groan, shuddering atop her.

 

“Yeah, baby-”

 

“Stop.”

 

He silenced immediately. She felt him press the underbelly of his cock into her seam, grind into her, coating herself in his arousal. “S’okay,” he said after a moment. “You don’t know no better. Shit they teach out there- if I can make you feel like this, make you this damned wet, the good Lord made us for one another. I know yer scared, and confused, but I’ll get you through it. Just relax… Loosen up, sweetheart. Let me in, or it ain’t gonna feel very good…”

 

Rey threw a little temper tantrum before collapsing into the mattress and panting, staring up at the popcorn ceiling. She was small and trapped and helpless, a thing for him to take and take care of- or, in the moment, she might as well be.

 

Her body- her core- loosened without permission, and he pressed his lubricated tip into her with far more ease than he should have.

 

Deeper, deeper, deeper- a half inch, an inch, an inch and a half. Rey sucked in a sharp breath, the sensation and stretch so much different from his fingers-

 

It felt so good and she fucking hated herself for it-

 

“Oh, fuck, Rey,” he grunted, clearly having to stop himself from slamming home. “Fuck, yeah, sweetheart- fuck, yes…”

 

Rey shuddered. Two inches… three… More and more and more. It seemed endless, until at long last, his head was pressed into her cervix and his hips were flush with hers. He shifted, wrapping his arms around her, his long hair falling into her face and feeling so wretchedly nice. “Made for me,” he breathed in her ear, voice high and blissful. “Same size, baby. The good Lord hand-crafted you just for me, an’ I’ll take good care of you for it.”

 

He drew out with another low groan, slow and steady, and then sunk back in. His head fell back, eyelids fluttering to reveal the whites of his eyes, mouth slightly agape.

 

He was beautiful, and she hated him for it. Messy hair falling back over his face, broad shoulders captured in the bright light pouring in from the windows, the warmth of their joined bodies a beautiful blanket despite the mid-summer Georgia heat…

 

“Ben,” she gasped. He shuddered and tensed up, his cock twitching inside of her.

 

“Yeah, baby,” he breathed. “I’m right here, right here for you, with you…” Ben’s head fell down, his forehead lightly coming to rest on hers. He drew back and sunk in once more. “Inside of you… Fuck. I ain’t gonna last long. I ain’t gonna last long.”

 

Each thrust came faster and faster, until eventually, he was fast and sure, clutching onto her hips as if for dear life, and she laid there and gasped and groaned and whimpered, each strike of his cock against the deepest part of her body far too much stimulus for her to be able to hold any of it back. He grunted and hissed and nodded, muttering all but pure gibberish, until the thrusts came harder and harder and harder-

 

She was going to break, to die, and it felt so good- she was positively dripping onto the bed, her stupid body entirely removed from reality and her brain barely connected to it- only enough to know that this should be horrible, and not to feel that it was.

 

Her worst coping mechanism had always been her tendency to pretend, to cast aside, to force herself to adapt to anything she couldn’t change and it was readily apparent that this was not changing anytime soon-

 

Her brow knitted, mouth open in a little ‘o’ as he seemed to be approaching his end. She could feel another orgasm building steadily, threatening to break what little remained of her. All she could focus on was the pleasure, the warmth, the comfort. All that existed was his body inside of hers.

 

“I know yer feelin’ it,” he gasped. “I know you’re gonna come for me, sweetheart. I’m only holdin’ on to feel it- come for me. Show me how good I’m makin’ you feel. Let me have it, Rey, give it all to me- all of it, the good, the bad, the ugly- fuck, sweetheart- perfect fucking cunt, pretty little tits, bouncing for me- gorgeous, sweet girl, come for me- come for me-”

 

She exploded and screamed, thrashing so hard that the rope was hurting her- not that she was in any state to notice that. Not a second later, Ben grunted and fell forward, his final dozen thrusts coming rough and fast and jagged and animalistic as a hardy hhhh-aahhhh ripped from his throat, as his cock twitched inside of her rioting walls and warmth flooded her very soul.

 

Rey collapsed against the bed as he dragged himself out of her and plopped back onto his knees, then fell back onto the bed. Both of them panted in the daylight- the early to mid-afternoon? Time meant nothing in that moment, and it felt like it never would again.

 

After what might have been a few minutes, after the pain in her wrists, elbows, and knees had finally sunk in, rubbed raw by her last orgasm, he untied her and lay down atop her again, wrapping his arms around her.

 

“Good girl,” he breathed quietly. “Such a good girl for me. We’ll get there, sweetheart. I promise.”

 

Rey stared up at the ceiling, incapable and unwilling to feel anything at all.