Actions

Work Header

Walk Me Home

Summary:

Sara walks Joe home instead of the other way round.

Notes:

Thank you for all the love on my last fic! I know this one won't do as well because bsd is more well known that yttd, but I wanted to write about it.

Work Text:

Tazuna Jou raised his head from the Sonobeno High School desk, and glanced up at the white clock hanging from the wall above the whiteboard.

"Huh? Is that really the time? Oh my god, I gotta get home!"

He quickly threw his bag on his back before running down the dark empty corridors past the security guards. After almost tripping down the stairs twice, the cold night air finally hit his face.

"Just... Gotta... Get home..." Joe panted.

Then he saw the shady figure at the school gate.

"Who could that be? At this time of night?"

Of course, he was scared out of his wits, and his fear glued him to the ground. The silhouette, however, continued getting closer, until it was right infront of his face.

"Sara?"

Sara Chidouin, Joe's best friend, was grinning at him as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I've come to take you home." she said, matter-of-factly.

"if you say so..." replied Joe, still catching his breath from the sprint across campus.

----------------------

The two exited the school gates together.

As they engaged in conversation about Sara's girlfriend, Ryoko, the girl couldn't help noticing a creepy shadow in the corner of her eye.

"Joe... Isn't that your stalker?"

Joe turned around, palms sweaty and head pounding.

There he stood.

A very pale man, with mint green hair and a red scarf, as well as a purple jacket and beanie.

Joe took off running, grabbing Sara's wrist in a desperate attempt to get away from the man. He didn't care how far away his house was, or how fast he would have to run. This man had been tormenting him for months now, and seemed to follow him everywhere he went. It was no accident, he was sure of it; he was stalking him.

Sara was the one who had to tell Joe that they had reached his house, before he ran straight past it.

"Sara... I'm sorry. You shouldn't have to see me like this."

"No, Joe. Don't apologise. You know I would go anywhere with you, just give me the word!"

The colour began to come back to his cheeks as he felt safer.

"Thank you. I guess I'll see ya tommorow, Sara! Oh, by the way, do you have the homework answers by any chance? I kinda forgot... Again."

Sara sighed, and waved him goodbye. Joe unlocked the door to his house.