Actions

Work Header

I'll Love You Always & Forever

Summary:

The cliche Caroline Forbes Time travels and arrives in the past in her human body. Only this time, Hope Mikaelson sends her back and instead of laying around to be used by the Mystic Falls gang of Elena, Damon, and Stefan, or being turned against her will by Katherine Pierce, she sneaks out of the hospital, makes her way home, and plots her way to one Niklaus Mikaelson who is very much alive.

Besides, she wasn't about to let the one who swore he'd be her final love get away.

Notes:

I do not own The Vampire Diaries or The Originals. They belong to their respect creators.

Even if I did wish I could own Klaroline from time to time. Hope Mikaelson included.

Chapter Text

Caroline Forbes groaned as she came to and felt a deep sharp pain at the back of her neck and skull. A quick blink of her eyes, and she knew the spell Hope had casted upon her, had worked.

She was alive, and human, back in that tiny hospital room all alone. It sent shivers down her spine to know she had once again been stuck somewhere, where neither her mother, nor any of her friends seemed to care for her. No doubt the good sheriff Forbes was at work, and while it made her very happy to know her mother was also alive and within reach, she knew things could not be as they were the last time around. So, as carefully as one could manage after being in a car wreck, she detached herself from the I.V. lodged in her left hand, slipped from the hospital bed without any fuss, only glad for a minute over Damon feeding her some of his blood which allowed her to collect her clothes and make her way home before Katherine could turn her against her will.

Not that she would mind being a vampire again, it's only that she wanted Nik to be the one to turn her into a vampire. After all, he had promised to be her last love. What better way to seal the deal by having him gifting her with immortality?

Caroline all but jumped for joy knowing Nik was out there somewhere, tying up some loose ends before he made his way to Mystic Falls.

Knowing this, she knew she had to get a location on him before she did anything else, and hopefully get him to look within her mind and see all there was he needed to know. That, and promptly have the thousand year old vampire to remove the daggers out of his siblings and unite the rest of his family.

Since Esther and Mikael would still a possibility of happening in this world. Perhaps, give Finn a stern talking to of why that was the worst possible idea of doing.

But most of all, she knew, she wouldn't be helping Elena or the Salvatore brothers ever again. She had learned her lesson in life, and while at some point loved Stefan, she realized, she was chasing after a ghost who would never truly returned those feelings towards her. Heck, shortly after he died she found a letter from him, stating he only married her, as her mother asked him to shortly before she had died. Some nerve. She would've preferred no marriage at all if that being the case.

There was nothing like that to have her personal blinders off. That is why, shortly before having Nik's daughter Hope send her back, she vowed to be on the right side of the firing range.

Here's to nothing. Hopefully, she'd be with the one who truly loved her with all his heart. Her always and forever. Niklaus Mikaelson.

Chapter 2

Notes:

Well, since I got so many people flocking to this little Klaroline fic of mine, I've decided to give you the second chapter.

I do not own TVD or TO. Even though I sometimes wish I did as much as I wished I owned Klaroline.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Caroline huffed in annoyance, glaring at the store owner as she collected her bought items and stormed right out. Another name, easily crossed off the list of who might potentially be able to point her in the direction of the big bad hybrid Niklaus Mikaelson.

In fact, this store owner left a horrid taste in her mouth. How was it that no one saw the goodness in him that she or even his daughter Hope saw? Was it really so hard for people to past all of his misdeeds, and see him for who he truly was? Or maybe, Klaus had been correct in saying that she was drawn to the dark.

So here she was, put down, and growing increasingly discouraged that she hadn't found the true love of her life just yet. She did intend on making good on his promise to show her the world, and it left very little options left of where he might be staying. Yes, she knew he was some where outside of Mystic Falls currently searching for a witch before he'd take over Alaric's body.

And that's why she was determined to find him before that, and disclose to Nik whatever he might want to know. She knew the old version of herself would never betray Elena, however, with time, and understanding, she knew that betraying her wasn't a bad thing. Besides, she already broke their friendship by doing nothing to stop Damon from hurting her. Stefan included.

In fact it her all the more to learn that she convinced Stefan to compel her memories away. Something she wouldn't be forgiving anytime soon.

Biting her lower lip, her anger began overriding her inability to find Nik, which left a scowl firmly planted upon her face. Blue eyes narrowing as she sped off in the direction of the freeway, heading to search for him in one more place before calling it quits for the day.

In the distance she could see the fading light of the sun, and once she had parked her rented car, she hummed lightly, shaking her head to ward off some of the exhaustion she felt. That and the stiffness she still felt from the accident.

A startled gasp fell from Caroline's mouth, her breath heaving as she recognized the grip around her neck. With a swift look up, she found herself staring into the eyes of the one she had been searching for. Niklaus Mikaelson.

And as it did in the past, her heart all but stopped when she heard two little words . . .

"Hello love."

Notes:

So, did anyone of you expect that ending? What did you think?

Chapter 3

Summary:

So I know you've all been enjoying this Klaroline story of mine. As promised, here's another chapter update.

Notes:

I do not own TVD or TO.

Even if I wish I did. Klaroline sadly doesn't belong to me either.

Also due to some comments made thus far, I came up with this little lovely opening seen for our beautiful Klaroline. 😉😊🤭

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Klaus had seen much over his thousand years as a vampire. None of which surprised at all anymore. Humans included. So when word got back to him that a little blue eyed blonde was searching for him just before he entered Mystic Falls, made him both wary and curious at once.

He did not however expect to see so much emotion from her the minute he looked deeply into those eyes of her. He saw something along the lines of disbelief, awe, and, he might have imagined it, but pure adoration and love from the seeming bubbly girl who he currently had his hand pressing into the wind pipe of her neck.

Caroline nearly cried out in pure glee, seeing him at this range, and while most people would be afraid to be pinned to against a brick wall as she was, she didn't care or mind in the least. While this version of Nik didn't know her yet, or that she wasn't a threat to him, that didn't stop her from doing the one thing she wanted to do since waking up in the past. Grabbing the collar of his shirt, even with limited strength, she tugged him down and forward. Kissing Niklaus Mikaelson, was as if somebody was breathing life back into her lungs. A life she had no choice in losing last time around.

Oh yes, this human was definitely unlike anything Klaus had ever seen in his life time, and as she deepened the kiss, he couldn't help himself in kissing her back. It was though he were touching the sun itself and wasn't about to let this feeling slip away. It should've terrified to how fast he was getting to her, his body pressing up into her front, hand slipping down from her neck to the back of her, desperate to get a better, firmer grip on the young woman.

For Caroline, she wasn't to stunned by his reaction. She knew she had him wrapped around her little finger. Everyone always said as much, which why they tended to send her to distract him, or simply ask him for help on some things, as for anybody else, he would've torn their heart out without any hesitation. All these little things, and she knew she wouldn't have to fear him for any reason.

The only thing she needed to worry about was convincing him of her genuine nature, plus, to get him to listen to her about what she needed to say. First thing first, get out of the public eye, grab some food, as she hadn't had anything to eat just yet, plus, drag the big bad hybrid wherever it was she wanted to go before taking him with her back Mystic Falls. "You are a hard man to find, Nik."

He blinked, his face void of any emotion before his eyes narrowed in mistrust. The only people he ever allowed to call him Nik had been his family. "My apologies then love. But who are you?"

"That's a bit of a long story." She answered, still slightly breathless from having one of the best kisses of her life. "If you're willing to listen, I'll explain. But first food. I've been driving for more than six hours and need a break."

With that, she easily went around him, all but leaving Nik in the dust as he silently followed her, and her demands. It was for that little thing alone, that nearly had Caroline crying happy tears now that it set in that she found the love of her life. She only stopped just five feet from the rental, tossing the keys back to him. "Here you can drive. Besides, I trust you enough not to purposely wreck the car and kill me."

At that, Caroline was blessed with his signature smile, dimples and all, leaving her to blush slightly from the sight. She did always have a thing for seeing them. "What makes you think I won't kill you love?"

"Easy, you would've done so already." Just like that, they were underway.

What was it about her, Klaus wondered. Why did he obey her whims so easily? Was it because being near her was like being under a ray of sunshine, or was it because she seemed to know him better than possibly even his siblings did? Either way, he'd be getting his answers soon, and with him being in charge of driving them about, he decided the best to discuss this was at his hotel room. Located not to far outside Mystic Falls.

Fifteen minutes later, Caroline was full of delicious room service food you couldn't find anywhere, and clean from a quick shower. Any reason to stall was taken out of equation, and she sat on the couch leg shaking as she waited on Nik to finish his own. Just thought of him being naked and unable to touch him left her flushed, but she could be patient. Besides, she had no where else she wanted to be than with Nik.

He came out not to long after, sitting right across from her, the edge of their knees just one inch away from the either. "Tell me love, who are you? Only fair seeing as you know who I am."

She nearly slapped herself after hearing his words. "Caroline Forbes, and it's better I just show you."

He quirked an eyebrow, but nonetheless he knew wanted she was getting at. "You trust me to go digging about your head."

She nodded. "Yes, I do. So go on, get to it Nik."

Like before he narrowed his eyes at her calling him Nik, but Klaus once again ignored that and settle for seeing what needed to be seen. Gently gripping her head with his hands, he stared her directly in the eye, and went straight for her memories, only to be greeted by the sight of, "he was your first love. I intend to be your last."

 

Klaus hadn't known what to expect. But it wasn't this. So as he gained all the information he needed, he knew in the pit of his stomach, Caroline Forbes, was going to be his always and forever. A thing proven for the fact that she, traveled back in time just for him.

"Are you sure Hope? Cause if we go through with this, you may never be born?" Caroline said, fiddling with her fingers in her lap. The edge of his lips slid downwards, the surprise of even having a child still feeling foreign to him.

She looked every bit of her mother from what he seen, but that devil glint in her eyes, clearly she gotten it from him. "I'm sure Caroline. Besides, even if I'm not born, I'll be happy knowing my father is happy. It's all I've ever wanted."

Past, or future Caroline simply bobbed her head, before the young girl began chanting a spell, and just as she had, woken up in the hospital. Klaus lurched back, shock written all over his face.

"Always and forever right?" She whispered to him. Not at all certain to what he might be feeling, but she took his hand in hers, offering some comfort to him. She would've been shocked if he had done the same for her.

Klaus looked down at where there hands had been joined, still to stunned to really say anything. But, quietly, he tucked a strand of lose blonde hair behind her left ear, then said with his eyes softening and the edge of his lips twitching, "always and forever."

Notes:

Sorry about the cliffies everyone. But cliffies are my life. So be prepared for so much more on this little journey of ours.

😂😂😂😂

Chapter 4

Summary:

Some more Klaroline fluff on the way. Also, two chapters in one day woo! If you haven't read chapter three yet, go back, then return to this one.

Notes:

I do not own TVD or TO. Even though I wish I did.

To those who do not like my Salvatore bashing via Damon or Stefan, keep it in mind, while I respect any and all comments, do not be rude about it.

As this is own a fanfic, I'm entitled to vent out any frustrations or dislikes I had within the canon of the show. My AU, my story line. Don't like it? Then please kindly stop reading. It isn't if I'm holding a knife to your throat or anything.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Klaus kept an eye on the sleeping human beside him. Caroline had dozed off some time ago, not long after they hit the open road, and began making their way back to Mystic Falls. It still left him speechless to know someone cares enough to time travel, all for a single promise he hadn't made to her in this version of events. Nor did he ever think someone could love him this much. Not in the way Caroline did.

All the memories she shared with him of the life lived before, memories of them together, as well as memories of a daughter who may not even be born this time around, and yet, he was still deeply troubled by the arising feeling of protectiveness, and awe for the human.

Never will he admit or explain it to someone else as to what he felt in regards to her. In fact, he thought himself crazy when pulled them into a small motel located in the south part of Mystic Falls, and checked them into a room for the two of them to share. No doubt knowing that Caroline wouldn't mind in the least from everything shown.

He collected her from the car first, then went back for their belongings, leaving to the left of the door.

Caroline woke up some hours later, stomach rumbling and demanding the typical morning meal that all humans needed in order to survive, and from the state of things, Klaus had already been informed of what she wanted. At least one thing. To become a vampire again, only this time, being turned with his blood instead. His first thought was to say no, out of caution given some personal history with his ex Aurora. A mistake he wouldn't ever forget.

They chatted for a bit, while she curbed her appetite then they got into deeper conversation. Like how to deal with two Salvatore brothers. For Stefan, while he hadn't been as bad as Damon, would be granted a swift death for looking after Caroline and her two twin daughters Lizzie and Josie, who, like Hope, possibly wouldn't be born either.

As for Damon, death wouldn't be granted easy. Perhaps, a little torture on him would be great moment for family bonding. Klaus was completely certain that Rebekah, or Elijah, wouldn't have any problem dishing out some harsh punishment once they were given all the facts.

Then when they reached the discussion of the Bennett witch, they figured, they'd talk to her grandmother Sheila, who undoubtedly had more sense on her shoulders, less of a judging mind, plus, if anyone would've understood Caroline behind her actions, it was her.

Enzo, of course would need to be found, freed, maybe introduced to a certain someone who could open his heart back up. But not before he was given info on a certain someone he lost at the hand of Damon. His Maggie. He was the one true person Caroline could be grateful to have met. A brother that she didn't get via her parents, and she knew, he might be able to teach Bonnie a thing or two. That vampires, while some were bad, still loved others, as humans did.

As for Elena, Caroline would have no mercy for her either. How selfish did a friend have to be to sleep with her suppose to be best friends rapist. Then there was the fact she nearly killed her mother when her humanity got turned off, and then proceeded to judge her when she did the same. Even going as far to make it about her.

When the discussed in detail to how her mother died, she sobbed all the grief that she harbored since, as always her feelings didn't matter. Klaus scowled at this, hating that someone, anyone would hurt a person so pure hearted as Caroline Forbes.

The two jumped, conversation put on pause when a loud banging came from the other side of the door, followed by the familiar shouting of one Liz Forbes. "Caroline Elizabeth Forbes! Open this door right now!"

Notes:

Who liked the cliffies I gave in both chapters?

Plus, if I do add a baby in here, I'll only do so in a way that makes sense okay guys. Plus, no Hayley, or Alaric mess in here. Purely Klaroline and the happiness they should've had.

See you again for the next update.

Chapter 5

Summary:

Here is another little beautiful chapter for you all, and I want to thank you all for the kind words upon each chapter that has been posted up.

carinahdm, I hope I delivered on making this a bit longer than the other ones.

Notes:

Some surprises in store for everyone here.

I do not own TVD or TO. Even if I wish I did. I only the plot that surrounds Klaroline. Something I also don't own. Sadly.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Liz was stunned by the poor behavior of her daughter Caroline. First she flees the hospital, and Mystic Falls without a word, then she hears from someone on the force that they her being carried by a stranger into motel room somewhere within the area. She knew she hadn't raised her daughter to act like this, and she certainly be getting a stern talking to once she answered the door.

She could hear the faint voice of Caroline, and a man who's voice that made him sound British, which might've been a possibility if the man wasn't from around here. Still, it was a concern that her only child would run off with some stranger she didn't know.

The door swung open right then, and right before her, stood a five foot eleven, curly dirty blonde man with dark blue green eyes, and a smirk which held two little dimples at each end. A gasp locked in her throat, surprise etched into the sheriff's face as she took in everything about his appearance. To her surprise, only half of her screamed something dangerous about him.

"Hello Sheriff Forbes. I'm Klaus Mikaelson, and a friend of your daughter's." His words left her to blink a little, her mind struggling to catch up as she half expected some type of perv who prayed on innocent teen girls. But that didn't seem to be his ammo, when it came to her daughter at all.

Caroline did nothing to help the situation, only waved shyly at her mom, which finally brought the older woman to her senses. To some of them at least. "Caroline, how can you run off without a single word? Leaving the hospital like you did was stupid and reckless."

Stupid and reckless maybe. But to Caroline it didn't matter. She wasn't going to be turned with Damon's blood still inside of her, if anything her actions only bought her time which she didn't have the last time around. Something she discussed with Nik, was that she wanted to be twenty when she turn this time around, at the very least nineteen if things didn't go as planned.

Besides, she wanted to have a taste of the world before she said goodbye to her human life, and welcome back her vampire life. She also wanted to be able to help Enzo in some way, to locate him, and free him from his imprisonment. As he didn't deserve to be left behind by Damon as he was.

All this was flowing through her head before she answered her mother. "Mom, I think it's best you sit down. There's some things that need explaining and it'll take a bit of time."

Nik had ushered her mother further into the motel room, shutting the door behind him as he sent a quick message to Greta to hurry up her travels to Mystic Falls. From there, he made a quick trip to a public part of the area and went in search of a meal. He took a nip here and there, careful in not harming who he fed from at the request from Caroline.

He wasn't about to break any promises to someone who put so much faith and trust into him. The topic of her staying human, while he would've turned her as fast as possible, from what he had seen in her memories, he did in a small way understand why she wanted to stay human longer and age up a bit. He couldn't imagine being stuck in a teenage body was any fun. He himself had in fact twenty when he turned, so, just for her, he'd be patient and let her enjoy life as is a while longer.

When he returned ten minutes later, the sheriff was gone, and Caroline alone, and silent in their shared room. From the state of things, her mother didn't appear to have taken things well, and if he remembered clearly, last time around, her mother hand been accepting of her daughter being a vampire.

She kept to the denial that Caroline was even her daughter, which, seeing her so upset now, didn't sit well with the one thousand seventy four year old vampire at all. "Didn't go well love?"

"Not at all. She said, if I go through with this, I won't be welcome back home Nik." Tears prickled in Caroline's eyes, while dark black veins appeared beneath Nik's as he quickly flashed across the room and scooped her up into his arms. She burst into a fit of tears head pressed into the hallow space between his neck and chest, sobbing as she once again let out all the agony she kept to herself for so many years.

Perhaps it would be for the best, if her mother had stayed out of her life, just for a bit. Until things were settled and cleared up, and Nik was no longer under his curse.

Klaus pressed his lips to the top of Caroline's head, simply holding her in his arms, till she cried herself to sleep. It ached knowing she was in pain, and that he could not stop her from feeling such things. Yes, the two of them were very much the same, as she said, and they were. Both rejected by the ones who were supposed to love them unconditionally, and yet, here they were, two people who only knew heart ache from the people they called their parents.

And while Liz would never be as horrible as Mikael was to him, it didn't hurt someone like Caroline, any less.

The next day, things ran a little smoother for the two as Greta finally made an appearance. From there, Klaus went ahead and killed a human, forcing them into a turning, went in search of a werewolf, which wasn't hard, and it was luck indeed that he found Jules, the last thing he needed was Elena Gilbert. Ex best friend of his, well, lover didn't seem to be enough when it came to describing Caroline.

He took care of Stefan, a swift death for him, as requested by Caroline. All that left was the elder Salvatore brother. Who was no, currently in his sights.

He flashed over to the front of him, slamming him into the brick wall at the back of building which would give them plenty of cover.

"Who are you?" He spat at Klaus angrily, failing to break free from him.

He laughed, a large smirk plastered onto his face, "oh very simple, I intend to make you a gift for someone whom I love and adore very much."

With that, with a quick jerk of his hand, he snapped Damon's neck.

Notes:

So, how was that? Did I do a good job or what? I did do my best to make the chapter longer, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Chapter 6

Summary:

Klaroline take time for themselves.

Notes:

So sorry to everyone who was waiting for the next update yesterday. I had actually gone out for the day with two of my cousins and didn't get home till a quarter to ten pm.

With that said, I do not own Klaroline, TVD or TO. They belong to their respective owners. Even though I wish I did at times.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

A few weeks since the death of Stefan, followed by Elena during the ritual had sped by in a blur. Damon was still locked up beneath the home Klaus bought for him and his beautiful Caroline. At the moment, from what he could he up above, was Rebekah enjoying her little play thing. One thing that Caroline had stressed upon him in the last week however, was how important his family truly was, and that without him, who knew where he would be in life. So for, as promised, all siblings, yes, all of them including Finn had been released.

Finn, was most curious about her, and grateful, much like Elijah and the others that she managed to bring their old brother Nik to them. They even managed to get in contact with Marcellus, brought him down to Mystic Falls, where, Klaus and his adoptive son had the heart to heart chat. In fact, he was even more thrilled when he learned that thanks to Caroline, he'd now be free to see Rebekah at any time he wanted to. Kol had left to find Davina, and Finn to find Sage.

Everyone was blissfully happy. Except for one Liz Forbes. She still hadn't approved of her daughter wanting to be a vampire, nor that she was in love with one of the oldest of vampires. The original hybrid to be more specific. Bonnie, or sweet Bonnie, had received a stern talking to from her grandmother Sheila. Especially when the older woman learned of what had become of her grandchild, and that she even dared to dip into dark magic. For that, she swore to Klaus and even Caroline that it wouldn't happen this time around with her still alive to properly guide her.

She had even offered to help out in finding Enzo. Having seen just how caring the vampire was around Bonnie, and knew, at least she wouldn't be alone when she did die of old age. She was happy that Caroline cleared some things up for her, and wish her the best with her new life. In her mind, she had put the needs of others before her own, even when she hadn't wanted to all thanks to Elena Gilbert and her selfishness. She didn't know where that girl's head was before she died as she probably should've last time around.

So where did that leave Klaus and Caroline, well, they talked, and traded ideas, and with her hitting age eighteen soon, it would be time for her to pack things up, and move on with their lives. So, from here on out, they would travel the world, and do as their hearts truly desired. At least for a little while.

The two had been in Paris, for at a month and a half, when Caroline first started to vomit in the early morning hours. At first, she thought nothing of it, thinking it to be nothing more than a stomach bug. But once she started to think more on it, she began to wonder if she might be pregnant from her Nik. After all, the two had been like rabbits since he broke his curse, one of the many things they did to celebrate in those first three weeks. They only slowed once Nik realized that while she may be human, she did need proper rest, and they started up again when she had gotten her rest.

So when Nik gave them a quick pit stop, Caroline bought about seven different pregnancy tests, and kept them hidden from his sight till they were back at the hotel, and she could take every single one. Half an hour later, her tests results came back positive, leaving her with only thing left to do, scream with happiness at the top of her lungs, and proclaim to Niklaus Mikaelson that as he was in her old time line, so he would be in this one. A proud father.

"Do you think, it may be Hope?" He asked out loud, curious etched in the sound of his voice as he lightly caressed her flat belly, which they both knew later would become quite big.

She hummed, pondering his question. While she couldn't give a definite answer to Nik, she knew, deep down she wouldn't mind having Hope as her biological daughter. The two had shared a bond in that old life, growing very close when he had passed on to the after life, leaving them both behind for a very selfless reason. To save the child he loved. "I don't know Nik. If it is, I'm more than happy for it. You deserve to have Hope, as much as you did in the last timeline."

"Thank you love. For bestowing this life to me, and to my family." Nik responded in kind, stealing a kiss or two from the woman he loved. There was just one other thing they needed in order everything to be just right. "Which reminds me love, I do have something very important to ask you."

Her eyes narrowed a little as Nik pulled himself out of her arms, and our of their hotel bed. She watched as he went over to his suitcase, and pulled something small from one of the side pockets. He then went around the bed, to the left side of her, and began kneeling on his right knee. Her eyes widened in shock, a small gasp escaping her lips as she lifted her back off the mattress. Unable to say anything.

In a gentle voice, he asked, "Caroline Elizabeth Forbes, would you please do me the honor, of becoming my wife always, and forever?"

A subtle nod of her head, and she answered in a breathless whisper. "Yes Niklaus Mikaelson. I'd be honored to have you for a husband. Always and forever."

They didn't leave the Hotel room again until they had to check out three days later.

Notes:

I do hope you all enjoyed my surprise at the end. Let me know what you think.

Chapter 7

Notes:

Hey everyone, sorry, it took a bit of time but I managed to complete the new chapter before the day was done.

I do not own TVD or TO. They belong to their respective owners.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Rebekah couldn't help herself but smile smugly as she stared at her other older brothers. She had told them that Klaus and Caroline would be forever, and that they should learn to call her sister as they already did her. She knew that Elijah doubted the relationship and half expected for them to break up at some point in the future. He did not ever think for a moment that he'd be calling someone else sister. Especially Caroline Forbes. But now that the engagement ring had been set onto her finger, he even knew he had to admit defeat.

The young, future baby vampire, and to all of their surprise, she was pregnant with Niklaus's baby. At first they couldn't believe it, or that it was even something logical. They jump to wrong conclusions at first, but once Caroline spilled her story, they were very stunned. The young woman had travelled through time in order to save the life of their brother, and bring back happiness to their family for him alone.

It was then, that they finally the truth behind their older sister Freya and that she hadn't died as Esther led them to believe. Hearing this news really made them hate her as they never had before, and while they wanted to search for her, with Caroline being pregnant, and the story behind Freya, they knew they had to be extra cautious. When all was said and done, Klaus had begun to give Caroline a little dose of him blood every morning and night to ensure that should something happen to Caroline, they had the reassurance of her transitioning into a vampire and this giving them an extra small window of her joining them for eternity.

It was an idea she didn't dare protest when it came to her Nik, and having heard the story surroundings the birth of Hope, and Hayley's death which followed a few minutes after, she wasn't about to take any chances, as she wasn't sure the baby's blood would do the same for her, and one could never be too careful when it came to the topic of their own death.

Everything was falling into place. They managed to locate Enzo, free him, give him the information he needed in regards to the death of his Maggie, gave him a few words about Damon, who he was than happy to have a few rounds with himself, and when the bloodlust in his heart died down, he took the second chance being offered to him. Sheila had been notified over his situation, and while she had seen some pretty horrible vampires in the past who, in her eyes did deserve a stake to the heart. She had to agree with Caroline, that Enzo was too much a sweetheart, and would be perfect in helping Bonnie along in her life as a Bennett witch.

She knew in her heart that she could trust him in keeping the two girls safe. For Enzo, much of this was a bit hard to take in, but once he received proof in everything the gorgeous blue eyed blonde was telling him, hurting Damon for a good couple hours, was everything. It help expel any pain or betrayal for the vampire he once used to considered a friend before it all got shot up in flames.

Currently he was staying at the Bennett house, enjoying the company of Sheila, as well as Bonnie, who would have to learn a lot about herself, and vampires on top of that, and while his stay may not be permanent, he did like staying with them. It was good to have social interaction, and wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth even though they were witches, and likely to hurt him at any given minute. But with the things that been said to him by Caroline, he could kind of see the reason for her having him stay with these two. Her friend Bonnie really did need to learn friend from foe.

Elena Gilbert just sounded like someone who cared for herself, only herself, and left no room for opinion when it came to the people around her. Or how there might actually be a way to save everyone else aside from her. I think Bonnie began to realize this when she was there had been no plans made to save her, or even her grandmother the last time around, leaving her to be an orphan practically. Her mother had become a vampire, her dad had left her behind, in fact even her own behavior toward Caroline, hadn't been all that kind when she had turned.

So as a gift to the blonde, with some help from Sheila, the two had casted several protection spells upon the house Klaus bought for the family, many of which would prevent anyone with the attempt to harm to be blocked out. So even if a vampire had gained permission from Caroline, as the house had been put under her name, they still wouldn't be able to enter if they sought to harm her, or the baby she currently had growing within her womb.

As for Sheila, seeing as they want to knew the sex of the baby, she did that spell herself. Excited to greet the innocent life who would someday soon walk the earth. From what she had picked up, she got a girl three times, and a boy one time. That said, it sounded like Caroline would be gracing her future husband with three daughters and one son.

The poor hybrid would have his hands fool keeping the boys away from them when they got older. He pointed out that they wouldn't be allowed to date until they were at least a hundred years old, but Caroline talked them him down to twenty. But, in her opinion they should only be allowed to date someone if that someone was able to stand up to Nik, and the rest of the Mikaelson clan. That's how it should be if whoever joined the family wanted to be part of their always and forever.

As for the names, just like before, Hope would be named Hope. The other two, Coraline, and Emily, and lastly, Henrik, for the family's younger brother who tragically, life had been taken from him by a werewolf. It all came together as it should. All that was left now, was to build the nursery for all four of their children to sleep.

While everything was going great, Liz still hadn't come around, and it hurt knowing her mother might not be involved in her grandchildren lives. But what could they do about it? An invitation for their tiny baby shower had been sent, but if she showed up or not, was entirely up to the older woman. Caroline just hoped, she did show up, as she already knew her mother might not have much time left from her previous experience.

That was the one thing, she hoped her mother wouldn't regret for the remainder of her life. Not speaking to her only daughter.

Notes:

So, what do you think of my ending?

Chapter 8

Notes:

I do not own TVD or TO they belong to their respective owners.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Months seemed to endlessly flow on by, Caroline's belly grew in large size and often time she complained of being fat and ugly. Would cry at the littlest thing, especially when her Nik would bring another gift to her for their four little ones. Yes, to everyone else in the world, he was the big bad original hybrid. But to her, he was only Niklaus Mikaelson. Father of her children, and future husband. Plus, the rest of his family had doted on her. Even Marcel, since she seemed to be the only he'd listen to over important matters and was often the peace maker for the family if things ever came to a disagreement.

They did also make an effort to not fight and cause distress to her and the littles who have yet to join them out in the world. Everything surrounding them would be a glorious surprise. The first time they started to kick, only made them more real to the family, showing that life would flourish for the family once they were able to see everything their little hearts have not known while inside of their mother.

Marcel had been the most surprise seeing Klaus's behavior with the human, in fact it shocked him more to know she hadn't been turned. But once he learned of her being pregnant with his adopted father's children, and that he'd be getting four new siblings who he could one day hang out with, so, he knew it was better to stick around. Davina had tagged along, she along with the Bennet witch kept track of the babies, and their health. Even the elder Bennet witch made sure to add them to the safety of the house.

He was happy to see Klaus had found his happiness at long last, and while it'll be some time before Caroline became a vampire, he understood where she was coming from in a way. The difference for the two of them, from what he learned about her, was that he was given the choice of becoming a vampire while she hadn't. Having heard her story, he to had part taken in dishing out some harsh punishment to the younger vampire. Harming women or children was always one of his peeves, so giving the pain he rightly deserved was  no burden upon him.

By around three am Caroline was hit with the first round of contractions, Bonnie and Shelia had been called by Rebekah, and Davina was awoke from slumber by Marcel. Together the three witches including Rebekah began preparing everything for the birth, and making sure everything ran smoothly. Klaus had been removed from the room, with Elijah, Kol, Finn, and Marcel holding him back. After all, any stress or worry he maybe feeling over his fiance or children wouldn't be good for the environment.

Just an hour and a half later, Hope, Coraline, Emily, and Henrik Mikaelson were born into the world that is Mystic Falls. Each crying loudly, and screaming their claim on the world that would one mate, four little miracles born to a human and the original hybrid.

As he promised, Caroline wasn't turned by Nik till her twenty first birthday. She would of gone to twenty two but the thought of having wrinkles bothered her. The young originals as they taken to calling them do to Sheila, who made the remark the day they were born.

She was right in saying it, and Nik only found it funny rather than insulting so everyone in the family took to calling them that as an inside joke. Once they got to at least a couple years old, the family moved on, Damon put to death by Caroline as she always wanted to do, and they made their new home back in New Orleans. Just as they always planned.

The End. . .

Notes:

So I want to thank everyone for joining me on this journey.

I had so much fun writing this fic, and I'm glad you enjoyed it to. Anywho, have a wonderful day, and see you around.

Series this work belongs to: