Actions

Work Header

I'll Love You Always & Forever

Summary:

The cliche Caroline Forbes Time travels and arrives in the past in her human body. Only this time, Hope Mikaelson sends her back and instead of laying around to be used by the Mystic Falls gang of Elena, Damon, and Stefan, or being turned against her will by Katherine Pierce, she sneaks out of the hospital, makes her way home, and plots her way to one Niklaus Mikaelson who is very much alive.

Besides, she wasn't about to let the one who swore he'd be her final love get away.

Notes:

I do not own The Vampire Diaries or The Originals. They belong to their respect creators.

Even if I did wish I could own Klaroline from time to time. Hope Mikaelson included.

Chapter Text

Caroline Forbes groaned as she came to and felt a deep sharp pain at the back of her neck and skull. A quick blink of her eyes, and she knew the spell Hope had casted upon her, had worked.

She was alive, and human, back in that tiny hospital room all alone. It sent shivers down her spine to know she had once again been stuck somewhere, where neither her mother, nor any of her friends seemed to care for her. No doubt the good sheriff Forbes was at work, and while it made her very happy to know her mother was also alive and within reach, she knew things could not be as they were the last time around. So, as carefully as one could manage after being in a car wreck, she detached herself from the I.V. lodged in her left hand, slipped from the hospital bed without any fuss, only glad for a minute over Damon feeding her some of his blood which allowed her to collect her clothes and make her way home before Katherine could turn her against her will.

Not that she would mind being a vampire again, it's only that she wanted Nik to be the one to turn her into a vampire. After all, he had promised to be her last love. What better way to seal the deal by having him gifting her with immortality?

Caroline all but jumped for joy knowing Nik was out there somewhere, tying up some loose ends before he made his way to Mystic Falls.

Knowing this, she knew she had to get a location on him before she did anything else, and hopefully get him to look within her mind and see all there was he needed to know. That, and promptly have the thousand year old vampire to remove the daggers out of his siblings and unite the rest of his family.

Since Esther and Mikael would still a possibility of happening in this world. Perhaps, give Finn a stern talking to of why that was the worst possible idea of doing.

But most of all, she knew, she wouldn't be helping Elena or the Salvatore brothers ever again. She had learned her lesson in life, and while at some point loved Stefan, she realized, she was chasing after a ghost who would never truly returned those feelings towards her. Heck, shortly after he died she found a letter from him, stating he only married her, as her mother asked him to shortly before she had died. Some nerve. She would've preferred no marriage at all if that being the case.

There was nothing like that to have her personal blinders off. That is why, shortly before having Nik's daughter Hope send her back, she vowed to be on the right side of the firing range.

Here's to nothing. Hopefully, she'd be with the one who truly loved her with all his heart. Her always and forever. Niklaus Mikaelson.