Actions

Work Header

Twilight Fanfiction- Enemies, Friends, Love

Summary:

What if there was another member of the Olympic Coven- a former member of the Egyptian Coven- Alexandra, the only female vampire with the Tracking ability.

She was changed by Demetri and Amun, the Egyptian coven leader, made sure she didn't die. Amun also changed Demetri, who became the Tracker for the Volturi.

When the Volturi caught wind of Amun's training, they stepped in and broke the emotional bond between Amun and Demetri, but not Alexandra, who had run off to practice tracking and hunting.

Will Alexandra ever get Demetri back?
Did he still remember her after all these years?
Will he risk leaving the Volturi for her?
If he did leave, how would the Volturi react?
Was it meant to be?
Does true love really fix everything?

Notes:

Disclaimer: © Purely for Entertainment Purposes Only! No Copyright Infringement is Intended. All Characters (Other than Alexandra Cullen) Belong to Stephenie Meyer. This is Alexandra Cullens' story. I am using scenes from the movies to give you an idea of the timeline and relationships with other characters.

The fact that I even have to go through my works and add these warnings is sad.
~~
FANFICTION IS A DERIVATIVE OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL- IT IS ILLEGAL TOO MAKE PROFIT OFF OF IT
©️: This work does not belong to me, I only take credit for my OCs and their original storyline(s) details.
I write my fanfiction for fun, to give my favorite characters a better, happier ending.
I write my fanfiction for those who want to escape this cruel reality that we live in.
I write fanfiction because I love the world the story originally came from and I want to write myself into it.

⚠️: DO NOT steal/reuse/repost/republish/print/bind/sell/profit off/give away/buy ANY (past, present, or future) of my work in anyway/shape/form.
⚠️: I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for ANY trouble (legal, civil, or otherwise) you get yourself into by going against this warning!
⚠️: I will NOT get sued because you can’t be respectful and follow the law.
⚠️: If you go against my warnings and steal my work anyway, I will do EVERYTHING in my power to take legal action against you.

‼️: If you see someone(s) else stealing/reposting/reusing/republishing/printing/binding/selling/profiting off of/giving away/buying copies of my work (physically, digitally, or otherwise)- screenshot for proof, send to me, and report them!
‼️: If ANY of my work (fanfiction and/or Wattpad book cover designs) are ANYWHERE other than my Wattpad: @CameronJansen1 and/or my AO3: Love_Writing_1 and or in video/photo edits that I create(d) for my TikTok: @Cameron_Jansen_
I DID NOT give permission for it!
‼️: If I, my family, friends, or fans of my fanfiction find my work being sold or otherwise used without my permission, you will be reported. I will take it all the way to the original creator(s) of the universe the fanfiction is from and help them in any way possible pursue legal action against you.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Backstory

Chapter Text

~~Third Person POV~~

Growing up Alexandra and Demetri were best friends, doing everything together. Not a day went by where they didn't spend time together. No one could get between them, they always had each other's back. They never felt like they were complete without the other. Demetri's parents were hunters/trackers and fighters, not the best but they knew enough to stay alive. And Alexandra's parents expected too much from her; she wanted to get away. Outside of their parents and a few local family members the pair only had each other, they were essentially outcasts in their own home. As the years went on the two got closer, they never put a label to it but everyone knew what it was and not everyone was happy about it. Including the parents of Alexandra. So the two, at the age of nineteen, ran away from home. Alexandra had left her parents, her two younger sisters and whatever friends she had outside of Demetri- which weren't many.

That's when they meet a vampire named Amun, whose skin was cold as eyes and pale, his eyes red like blood. The young adults had always heard the stories of these "things'', as people called them, but Amun didn't seem all that bad once the two got to know him, aside from the creepy red eyes of course. It took so long for Amun to gain the young adults' trust, in order to get the help he needed, of course never telling the two how his plans would finish. He didn't want the two to hate him until after the fact. The three did training in survival, hunting and tracking, day and night. Until Amun thought they were good enough.

One night Alexandra awakens to the sound of Demetri screaming in pain, when she opens her eyes she sees Amun feeding on him, she got scared and ran thinking her best friend was dead. At a loss she hid for a few days, it took all her strength not to completely fall apart, at this point she had lost everything she ever knew- her parents, her family, her childhood best friend; and even her new friend that she thought she could trust because Demetri trusted him.

One week after watching her best friend die, Alexandra was still on her own, hunting for food and building shelters. The food was bad, the living was worse. But what hurt her the worst was that her best friend was killed by a vampire, right in front of her. She missed him more than anything, she couldn't handle the thought of facing her own parents after being gone this long, let alone Demetri's. How could she tell them their son was killed by something the people haven't even given a name yet? She only learned the term "Vampire" from Amun.

One night she woke up to what sounded like an animal outside her shelter. When she stepped out to see what it was she realized that it wasn't an animal she could kill for tomorrow's meal she saw her best friend, her best friend that she thought she had watched die just seven days before, her heart began to race as she saw him across the fire. "Demetri? Is that you? Is it really you?" She asked quietly with hope in her heart, trying to push past the fact that she knew deep down he was actually dead.

"Kind of. I guess it's still me." He says, looking at himself then at her with a smile but he looked more in pain then anything, but in reality he was completely relieved to see Alexandra again; even if that meant fighting every fiber of his being that was currently telling him to kill her before she can even blink.

"I thought he killed you." She cried. Alexandra knew little of vampires, only what Amun had told her when the three of them met. But he would be gone every few days to hunt. In the little bit of light that was given off by the moon, stars and the small fire Alexandra had built to make her food she could see Demetri. And he didn't look the same. "I thought he killed you." She repeated, sighing.

"No," Demetri says. "I wish he had. Becoming what he is took days and hurt like hell, but I don't feel much of anything physically anymore." Demetri looks at the fire in slight fear as he talks, like if he even looked at it for too long he would burst into flames himself.

"Demetri? What's the matter?" Alexandra asks, knowing every little detail of how her friend acts when something isn't right, vampire or not she knows him better then anyone ever could or ever will.

"I'm not the same. I could hurt you. And that's the last thing I want. It's not safe for you. I'm not safe for you." He says, biting the inside of his bottom lip as he fights the battle within himself, the last thing he ever wants to do is hurt her; but honestly he doesn't know how long he can hold himself back.

She held her hand out to him, but it took all his strength not to pull her to the ground and drain her of her blood, it was hard to stay away from her. Not only for the blood, but for the feelings he had for her that he didn't know if she shared for him. He didn't take her hand in fear that the instincts of a blood hungry vampire would take over. "Demetri, I trust you. I know you'd never hurt me. I may be slightly scared of Amun, but I'm not scared of you. I will never be scared of you, you are my best friend." She sighs, "You're more than my best friend." She adds under her breath.

She saw the look in his eyes, he was hungry but once she looked past his red eyes turning black she saw that he loved her, more than a friend, more than a sister. Which is what she thought their relationship was like, brother and sister. Demetri could never explain his feelings to her or even to himself but the words he just heard her whisper under her breath told him that she felt the same, a lot of- unable to explain but you're more than a friend, a lot of I love you but I don't know how to say it. She knew she loved him. He knew he loved her. He heard her say she loved him, but she didn't know. And she can read that he loves her, but he doesn't know. Stuck in a loop of both knowing and not knowing all at the same time, waiting on the other to say what they both already know.

She knew there was no going back for him, no going back to being human. If she wanted whatever relationship they had to keep going she had a choice to make, and just like him there was no going back. Alexandra took out the small knife from her side pocket, holding it in her hands. The two look at each other, having a conversation with just their eyes for a split second before she cuts her finger, letting the blood flow.

Demetri tried so hard but lost most of his self control and ran to her at a high speed not reached by any man. His arms wrapped around her, and his fangs went into her neck. It was sharp and it felt like a fire was burning in Alexandra's blood. After a few long painful minutes Demetri let her go. His mouth was covered in her blood. "I'm so sorry, Alexandra." He said running off, leaving her there to die.

Amun found her a few hours later that night and made sure the change happened. It took days but it happened. It felt like her blood was on fire as the venom moved through her system, everything seemed like it was moving too fast; yet not moving at all. She now understood what Demetri meant when he said he wished she had died, his last words to her played over and over in her mind; his voice the only constant thing going through her mind other than the pain. She focused on that until she couldn't focus anymore and passed out in pain. It was like her whole mind and body was just exploding with the worst pain imaginable, but once her heart stopped beating and she opened her eyes everything felt newer, cleaner, clearer. She could see every detail, hear every sound, smell everything within a larger area of land.

She was a bit confused and hungry, her throat burning making it abundantly clear that she needed to eat, her body and her heart knew what it needed so she just ran. She ran off to hunt for blood, for an animal. She had learned from Amun that most vampires survive off the blood of humans, but the idea of drinking human blood; taking a life didn't sit right with her. She couldn't imagine ever hurting someone. Alexandra had two things on her mind, drinking an animal or even two dry, and finding Demetri. She wanted him to know that she was alive... if that's what this is, she needed him to know.

When Alexandra finally found him she was just a few minutes too late, he was with Amun and the Volturi had stepped in, Alexandra didn't know much about them, all she did know was they were the law when it came to Vampires, they were dangerous and extremely powerful. There wasn't anything she could do, but she had each of their scents, including Demetri's, she'll be able to track them anywhere in the world when the time is right, until then she decided to go on hunting and save the fighting for another day, but not before whispering to herself, "I love you Demetri." And that was the last time she saw him.

After the Volturi stepped in, Alexandra was at a loss. She had lost her best friend. Even in the years before Amun came along Alexandra and Demetri were friends. Best friends. They always said nothing would come between them, but as Alexandra learned... that wasn't the case. Because of Chelsea's abilities to sense relationships, or connections, between people and rip the relationship apart if she wanted, Demetri was lost.

After Demetri was taken by the Volturi the two remaining vampires leave and quickly head to Egypt to try and stay off the Volturi's radar for as long as possible. Alexandra stayed with Amun and the Egyptian Coven for many years, she had nowhere else to turn but a day never went by where she didn't miss Demetri. The memories of him feeding on her human body played through her mind. And a tear fell down her cheek. She really loved him. But did he love her?

Amun would check on her all the time, "You okay? You haven't fed in weeks Alexandra. What's wrong?"

He didn't understand, after the connection was broken between him and Demetri everything was kind of a blur in his mind. He knew things happened but he had trouble remembering the little details, like the relationship that had grown between the two men. Alexandra never bothered to explain it to him in detail to fill in the gaps, as even saying His name out loud would have her crying. Even after all these years. All she ever said was, "I miss him" or "Part of me feels lost without him"

"He still cares for you. Chelsea only destroyed whatever relationship he and I had. Not the love that you share. Her abilities are limited." Amun says.

She looks at him, "If that was true why hasn't Demetri come back. It's been around 1,000 years."

"It's dangerous to leave the Volturi. They kill anyone that doesn't agree with them. And they take what they want, who they want." He replies sadly. "If he remembers you after all this time, he's protecting you. He could be scared that if he leaves they'll get to you. Or it could be so long that he doesn't remember anything but them. It's truly hard to say at this point." Amun explains.

As the years past more vampires came and went, she would hunt, but only animals. She didn't agree with feeding on humans. It seemed heartless. Plus animal blood was the first thing she had after she was turned because it was closer than any human. One morning Alexandra decided to look at the year: 1945. She could no longer stand to be around Amun, she still had trouble after so many years. She didn't even know why it took her this long to leave, but now she was; and she wasn’t going to look back. Was this love or was she just insane after all this time alone.

(A/N: I have four -4- different ends in mind for Alexandra and Demetri. I might change my mind part way through and pick a different one, but right now if you guys could pick a number- 1, 2, 3, 4 It would help me figure out where I want to take the story)