Actions

Work Header

Feelings Don't Fade

Summary:

How can Mika love someone after years of rarely speaking to them? How do those feelings still linger and bother him in his every day life when he isn’t sure of what he feels himself?

Notes:

HI HI sorry this chapter is not that well written! I am not a writer. I’ve never written a fanfic, let alone written something with characters that have an actual personality. I’m not used to it so I’m sorry if the writing is bad ^^ I’ve been wanting to write a narumika fic for a while now and I actually feel motivated to do it now so.. expect the next part soon maybe? Also feel free to leave constructive criticism below <3

Chapter 1: Realization//Surprise

Chapter Text

Mika is sitting at the work counter, arranging the beautiful pink and red roses in a vase on top if it, when he realizes he has feelings for Arashi. A chilly wind blows in through the small crack of the shop window, just breezing behind his neck, sending a wave of chills up his spine.

"Nnah, that can't be true, Naru-chan is just my best friend..a girl that always stood up fer me when she felt like I was down. I can't be in love with her..right?" Mika says aloud very quietly. He doesn't know why he feels this way; him and Arashi don't speak as much anymore with them both having graduated and gone to college, living their own lives. He doesn't know how he could have feelings for her, or even have feelings linger for this long since the only time they were every really close was throughout high school.

These feelings confuse and fluster Mika, causing him to accidentally knock the vase with the roses in it over, making all of the water and flowers from inside spill out onto the floor in front of the counter.

"Nnagh, I can't keep droppin' stuff, the boss will get angry with me!" says Mika while he frantically starts to pick up all of the flowers that had fallen out of the vase. He sees another hand pick up a flower and pass it to him.

"Thank ya kindly~ 'm a bit clumsy so I'm always droppin' stuff--" says Mika before cutting himself off. He drops the flowers again and the towel he had been holding in his hand that he was using to soak up the spilled water on the ground had fallen on the floor beside him. He couldn't believe his eyes..Naru-chan was standing in front of him? He hadn't seen her in person for years! Sure, every once and a while they exchanged texts, talking about how their days were going and how Arashi's modeling career was going on, but they never had time to meet up in person and see each other.

"Nn-aru-chan?! What are ya doin' here?!" said Mika frantically, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

He felt his heart pounding faster than it ever had before in his entire life. It was pounding so hard and fast that he felt like it would break through his ribcage and end up outside of his own body. He looks down at the flowers he dropped again and then slowly looks back up at Arashi to see a worried look on her face and her hands reaching out towards him to help him up.

"Mika-chan! Are you okay?" said Arashi panickingly, grabbing Mika's right hand and pulling him up onto his feet.

"I didn't mean to startle you, Mika-chan..I just wanted to come in and surprise you! I know with my modelling career and us both being in different colleges means we don't have much time to speak to each other but I wanted to come and visit one of my bestest friends~!" said Arashi in a giggly voice.

She wanted to surprise Mika? She wanted to meet him in person even though they weren't as close as they were before and surprise him? Mika couldn't believe it! Although the fact that Arashi was coming to visit Mika and spend the day with him, there was a big pain in his heart that Mika couldn't quite pinpoint. Was it the fact that Arashi never thought about coming any other time of the year? Was it the fact that she had gotten so invested in her modelling career that she basically forgot about him? Or was it the fact that he just liked her and just knew that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings back.

"Naru-chan, it didn't scare me, I was jus' really surprised with ya comin' here and all..we don't speak much anymore and I thought you forgot about me or somethin'.." said Mika while slowly bending back down onto the floor to pick up the flowers he had dropped.

"Oh Mika-chan..I wouldn't forget about you, ever. You were always there for me during high school when I needed you the most and we were best friends..I would never forget about you. Ever. You meant too much to me for me to forget about you, Mika-chan" said Arashi in a somewhat-hurt-somewhat-joking way.

Arashi bends down and starts to help Mika pick up the flowers on the ground as well. While reaching for the last flower, the hands briefly touch, causing Mika to get flustered and draw back his hand while Arashi just keeps her hand there and slowly looks up at Mika. She sees how flustered he is and giggles softly.

"I see you still get flustered just as easily as you did in high school, Mika-chan. You haven't changed one bit" says Arashi in a light-hearted way, laughing softly once she finishes her sentence. She proceeds to pick up the last flower on the ground and give it to Mika before starting to stand herself up.

"Thank ya, Naru-chan.." said Mika somewhat hesitantly while proceeding to pour water into the previously filled vase.

“Soo~, what have you been up to Mika-chan?” says Arashi while leaning on the counter, watching Mika from behind as he continued to pour water into the vase.

The vase fills up with water halfway and then Mika carries it back over to the top of the counter and starts arranging the roses again. “Nothin’ much, I made Madonee an’ my doll-friend some new clothes but I don’t know if Oshi-san would give Mado-nee the outfit..” said Mika in a somewhat sad voice. He continues to arrange the flowers while Arashi stares at him in a sad, worrisome way.

She felt bad for him.

“Mika-chan…” says Arashi with a sad tone. She walks behind the counter and hugs him right from behind. “I’m sure the clothes you made for Mademoiselle-chan and your doll are absolutely beautiful. Don’t think so low of yourself, dear. You always make amazing things.”

Mika gets flustered easily. Arashi was right.

Mika pushes away from her and looks away. His face is getting redder and he hates it..why does he always blush so easily?

“Mika-chan?” says Arashi in a confused tone. “Are you alright? I know that physical touch isn’t usually your thing but..you pushed away rather quickly.”

Arashi stares at him intently, looking him up and down.

“Ah! Your face is all red!! Do you have a cold? Come here Mika-chan, let me check on you” Arashi pleads in a worried tone. She walks quickly over toward him and puts her hand on his forehead to check and see if his temperature seems normal.

“You seem fine, so why are you re-“ is what Arashi tries to say before Mika pushes away again and covers his face.

“It’s okay, ‘m fine Naru-chan! There’s nothing wrong..” Mika explains in a very unconvincing tone.

“Alright…well just know that if there is ever anything happening, you can talk to me, alright Mika-chan?”

“..Okay Naru-chan..” Mika whispers; his voice trails off.

“Oh!! That reminds me of why I came here!” Her eyes widen and practically sparkle while she talks to him. Mika finds this adorable.

“Mika-chan, are you free after work? I bought something for you and I want you to come over and see it!” exclaims Arashi excitedly.

“Ya bought somethin’..fer me? But why? We barely even talk anymore..” Mika looks down at the ground below him. He’s so happy that Arashi bought him a gift but this entire conversation always leads to him feeling alone, him feeling like the feeling is unrequited, him feeling the distance between the two of them grow. This pain in his heart is back, but this time he’s able to pinpoint exactly what it is: the fear of the rejection he’s sure he’ll face in the future.

“Mika-chan, honey, are you sure you’re alright? You seem so bummed out and down..I know that we don’t talk as much anymore but that’s actually one of the reasons I’m here. My modeling agency gave me more free time recently and I wanna spend more time with you! So please, if you have free time can you come over after work?” pleads Arashi. She bats her eyelashes and looks down at Mika directly in the eyes, practically begging for him to come over.

No one can say no to these eyes.

Arashi grabs Mika’s left hand in both of her hands and holds them up to her face, smiling softly.

“Oh Mika-chan, I’m so happy you said yes~!” exclaims Arashi. “It’ll be worth your time, I promise!”

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ000ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

There he was. He was standing outside of Arashi’s house, work bag with his clothes and a couple treats inside swung over his right shoulder. The closer he walks to the door to knock, the more he clutched the bag because he’s anxious.

*Gulp* “Well, I’ll just hafta walk inside an’ see what Naru-chan bought fer me..” Mika said in a worried tone. He’s excited at the thought of Arashi buying him something but he’s scared to talk to her. He thinks he’s just some scrawny, awkward freak after all so he thinks he’ll ruin something just by walking in.

He musters up the courage to walk up one more step and firmly puts his right hand on the doorknob before proceeding to knock with his left hand. He twists the doorknob once and realizes it’s open. The door swings open and Mika sees Arashi staring at him from the other side of the door. She’s wearing a light pink, oversized sweater and a pair of light pink shorts that match the color of her sweater just peaking out from below. Mika looks down and sees her wearing a pair of white kitty slippers..and also a tail around her leg..?

Nyanko! Nyanko was wrapping itself around Arashi’s leg and purring. Did it miss her? Nyanko pauses for a second and seems to look up and notice Mika looking down at it and then proceeds to scurry over to his leg and rub against it. Is Nyanko happy to see him?

“Aww, it looks like Nyanko missed you Mika-chan!” Exclaimed Arashi with a soft smile.

“Hi, Nyanko! I missed ya too~!” Mika proceeds to bend over and scratch just below its chin and behind its ear.

“Mika-chan, come this way!” says Arashi while grabbing his right hand and leading him into her bedroom. She tells him to sit on the bed before sitting down beside him.

“Mika-chan, give me your hands real quick and close your eyes~” says Arashi in a cutesy voice. Mika agrees and then proceeds to shut his eyes tight and let Arashi lead his hands to wherever she wanted them to be.

*Plop.*

Plop? Something fell down into Mika’s hands..something small, something cold, something with a string attached to it.

“You can open your eyes now, Mika-chan!”

Mika opens his eyes slowly and looks down at his hands to see a cute black cat with white paws and..mismatched eyes?! The cat had beautiful amber and dark aquamarine eyes, just like Mika. Had Arashi gotten him this cat because it reminded her of him..?

“Do you like it? I was walking past an arcade and decided to play when I saw that the prizes had matching cat phone charms and one of them had your eye colors!”

Mika was shocked and happy, Arashi never forgot about him and when she saw this cat it reminded her of him? He was ecstatic, so ecstatic that tears started to well up in his eyes. Before they could fully manifest and start pouring out; he stopped himself. Wait, did Arashi say **matching** cat phone charms?

Arashi starts to pick her phone off of her nightstand and then proceeds to show off the charm hanging on it. There’s a brownish-gold cat hanging off of the top. It had a purple collar and dark eyes, almost matching what Arashi looked like. “See! I got one too, Mika-chan! Now we match!” said Arashi while giving the biggest smile ever to Mika. His heart started beating faster, she looked absolutely beautiful. Every time she smiled she was practically glowing.