Actions

Work Header

My Uncle's Team

Summary:

Zarya made a promise to her uncle a long time ago. But after nearly dying in a failed attack against a Talon base, she learned her uncle was still alive. After being saved, she was prepared to spend some time with her uncle. Yet, she realized that it would have to be put on hold when her uncle made a deadly discovery. Talon now has access to Australium. Now they had to gather her uncle's old teammates if they wanted a chance to stop Talon. Little did Zarya and the Overwatch members know, the teammates were the crazy, insane 2Fort Mercs.

Notes:

Second Attempt at a third-person story. After watching "Zarya's Uncle (Comic Dub)" on Youtube again, this story's idea came to mind.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Overwatch Gibraltar Base 2078

"Is everybody ready?" A gruff voice asked. This voice belonged to Soldier 76, the current leader of the recently reformed Overwatch.

"Yes, dad." A young British woman said, rolling her eyes. The voice belonged to the young, peppy, nearly always cheerful Tracer.

"Chica. This isn't one of your more casual strolls with gramps when you first joined Overwatch." The infamous hacker, Sombra said, annoyed.

"We are heading to take on one of Talon's more heavily fortified bases." The ghostly voice of Reaper, formerly known as Gabriel Reyes, added.

"And if we are not careful, they can easily overwhelm us." The cold, indifferent voice of the infamous sniper, Widowmaker, added with a snarl.

"Please. We can do this, no problem. We have the calvary here." Tracer said, with a wave of her hand, yet never stopped smiling.

"As much I prefer to stay out of other people's conflict, I have to say that they are correct, Tracer. This base is one of the more important ones that Talon has. This is why they have fortified it with everything they could spare. This is why we are bringing everyone available on this mission." The robotic voice, belonging to the omnic monk, Zenyatta, said in a soothing, metallic voice.

"As much as I don't want to agree with an omnic, he is correct. All of us are needed to be in top shape for this mission. For only when we are together, we are strong enough to win the coming fight." The Russian soldier, now an honorable member of Overwatch, Zarya, declared.

"You know." The international musical celebrity, Lucio, said, getting everyone's attention. "I noticed how you always say omnic, and never robots like most who are against omnics do."

"Personal reasons, long time ago. Story for another time." Zarya quickly answered, trying her best to stop painful memories from resurfacing. "Anyway, what is the plan when we get there?"

"Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Anna will take out their outer defenses while Sombra will hack their alarms and communications so they can't call for reinforcements." Soldier 76 answered.

"Symmetra and Torbjörn will be setting up defenses, sentries, and turrets to cover our rear while also giving us time should we have to fall back." Reaper added.

"Where exactly are we headed? I never got a clear answer." Overwatch's resident explosive junker, Junkrat, asked.

"Ilios in Santorini, Greece." Overwatch's head healer, Mercy, answered with a motherly smile.

"I didn't know there was a Talon base there. And we have had countless missions there before." Brigitte, one of the younger members of Overwatch and squire to another Tank, said, surprised.

"We were as surprised as you are, Brigitte. But there is a Talon base located there. How and why we never noticed before doesn't matter now. What matters is that we take it out before more harm can come from it." Reinhardt, a former German Crusader and mentor of Brigitte explained.

"Do they know we are coming?" Pharah asked, eyeing the former Talon agents.

"No." Reaper growled out. "We made sure to leave no trace behind. Plus, I had Sombra send out hints to throw Talon off and make them think we are attacking a different base."

"I still can't believe you are now part of Overwatch." Resident climatologist Mei-Ling Zhou said, surprised.

"Neither did we. But then again, we didn't expect for Doomfist and Talon to sink to these levels." Windowmaker said, sounding still in disbelief at what Talon has done recently.

"What's done is done." Soldier 76 interjected before any fighting could commence. He then turned to Winston, the super-scientist and gorilla of Overwatch. "Have Athena take us to Ilios. Meanwhile, we will be going over the plan one last time."

"Right." Winston said before heading up to the cockpit.

"Alright. After the outer perimeter is secured-" Soldier 76 began discussing the plan.

However, while everyone listened intently, for the most part, Zarya wasn't paying attention in the slightest. Instead, she was looking down at the unique yet odd pendant she kept on her necklace. While never one for jewelry, she held the pendant dear to her heart. It was a two-hundred-dollar, custom-tooled cartridge spent bullet casing. While most would find it questionable to be wearing one around her neck like jewelry, Zarya kept it for a different reason. She kept it as a reminder of the promise she made long ago and to keep a memento of who she made the promise to before she lost him. Gripping it, she said a small prayer as the Orca slowly ascended into the air before heading towards Greece.

'Uncle, watch over me as this will be a difficult fight. And I hope wherever you are; you are resting. Hopefully, you are proud of me for everything I have done.' Zarya thought before putting the pendant away. Composing herself, she turned back to listen to the plan, as it would do her no good if she didn't know what was happening.

Three Hours Later

"BIOTIC FIELD ACTIVATED! GET OVER HERE AND HEAL UP WHILE WE HAVE A CHANCE!" Soldier 76 shouted over the gunfire coming our way.

"My ultimate is ready. I need a shield so I can break through their lines and give us some breathing room." Genshi told Zarya while gripping the handle of his sword.

"Barrier's on you, go." Zarya said while using her particle cannon to project a temporary shield onto the ninja omnic.

"Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!" Genji shouted as he unleashed his sword before charging into the Talon hostiles.

"Use it well, omnic." Zarya said in disgust. Usually, she would never dream of helping an omnic or robot as she didn't trust them. Whether Genji was more human or machine didn't matter. But even she knew that now was no time for any trust issues as Talon forces pinned them down.

The plan, for the most part, started without any problems. Once they landed in Ilios, they quickly secured the landing zone while Symmetra and Torbjörn set up their defenses. With their defenses set, Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Anna proceeded to take out any perimeter guards. While this was happening, Sombra snuck into the base and disabled all the alarms and communication devices. This allowed the rest of the Overwatch members to storm into the base mostly undetected. Aside from a few scuffles, they got into the control room and downloaded all Talon's data with almost no trouble. And with them having what they came for, they proceeded to make their way out of the base. But before they left, they made a quick detour to the base's power room. While it would cost thousands in damages to the Ilios, they knew it would be worth it to make sure Talon couldn't salvage anything.

However, that's when things proceeded to go downhill very quickly. Apparently, Talon knew they would attack their Ilios base. As such, they had tons of reinforcements on standby, waiting for them to exit the base with the stolen data. And to make matters worse, the power supply had was controlled remotely off-site. Meaning, despite Sombra's powerful hacking abilities, they never controlled anything in the base. Worse of all is that Talon had cut off any hopes of them retreating into the base or escaping with the Orca. This meant that they had to defeat all Talon hostiles if they wanted to escape with their lives. Luckily, thanks to Orisa and Reinhardt, they managed to get into better positions to defend themselves for the time being.

Yet, despite getting into a better position near the well, they were getting overwhelmed. For the first ten minutes of the fight, things were looking up for them, especially since more Overwatch members arrived on the scene to help. It even seemed that they would win without any significant injuries. However, that quickly changed when Talon unveiled their new weapons and inventions. Thankfully, it appeared that without Reaper's help, Talon wasn't as coordinated as before since they had forgotten about some of their abilities. Unfortunately, that didn't mean the battle became easier as Talon's other invention gave them a tough time.

"SOMBRA! HOW LONG UNTIL THESE MECHS ARE OFFLINE!" Soldier 76 shouted before firing some rounds and killing a few hostiles.

The new inventions that Talon brought along with them were enormous mechs. While Overwatch has dealt with enemy mechs before, these were in a league of their own as the mech's armor was insanely durable. Despite not being as heavily armed as previous mechs, these had an energy shield that quickly recharges moments after they destroyed it. Yet, they could not damage the mechs after they destroyed the shield as Talon hostiles kept them pinned until the shields recharged. Thankfully, Talon only brought two mechs with them. Unfortunately, if they didn't develop a plan soon, only two would be needed to defeat them.

"HIJO DE PUTA!" Sombra shouted as she appeared next to them.

"You okay, Sombra?" Reaper asked in an unusual caring tone.

"Fine, dad." She answered before turning to Soldier 76. "Sorry, gramps, but those mechs have a firewall that I have never seen before. And each time I attempt to hack them, they change completely. Forcing me to start from scratch."

"Damn it." Zarya said before giving a few other teammates some particle barriers. Yet, each time she did so, they were destroyed not even a second later.

"Mercy. How are you and the others holding up?" Soldier 76 asked through comms.

'Not so good, I'm afraid. I'm unable to revive anyone else for the time being, and we are almost out of ammo. Thankfully, Symmetra finished constructing her shield barrier, which will give everyone a rechargeable shield.' Mercy answered before cursing, followed by more gunshots. Before they could ask anything, comms went dead.

"Anyone got any healing?" Tracer asked, suddenly appearing in front of them. Looking her over, they noticed that she was bleeding and hunched over, breathing heavily. It seems that she took a nasty hit that broke some of her ribs.

"Biotic field is recharging. Sorry, kid." Soldier 76 answered.

"Oh, let's break it down!" Lucio shouted as he slammed his sonic amplified on the ground and gave everyone a temporary shield. "I got you, Tracer."

"Thanks, Lucio." Tracer said, sighing in relief as the pain left her and her cuts slowly healed.

"No problem." He said while amplifying the power of his healing. "What are we going to do to get out of here?"

"Working on it. Those mechs are proving to be a hassle." Soldier 76 answered before turning to Reaper. "You know anything about these mechs?"

"Unfortunately, no. I may have been one of the leaders of Talon, but I didn't know anything of any mechs. Even going through all the files, there was no mention of them." He answered.

"Perhaps we have an idea." Genji said as he and Hanzo approached them.

"How?" Sombra asked before firing off a few rounds at some Talon hostiles trying to sneak up on them.

"We noticed that they are rather clumsy and have a hard time repositioning themselves if anyone tries to flank them." Genji began.

"If Zarya uses her gravitation surge near the well, it would draw in the mechs and render them unable to fire at us while trying to stabilize themselves. While that's happening, we'll use our ultimates to destroy their shields." Hanzo added.

"That's good and all, but we would still need to destroy them once their shields are down. Plus, Talon is making sure we are unable to do so." Reaper reminded. At that moment, the solution came through the comms.

'I have an idea on how to scrap those junkheaps.' Junkrat answered with a cackle.

'And snowball is ready to create a blizzard to freeze Talons in place, giving us a chance.' Mei added. Soldier 76 and Reaper looked at each other for a moment before nodding.

"Everyone. We have a way to destroy these mechs. Zarya will trap them with her gravity surge, and Mei will freeze the Talon hostiles. Hanzo and Genshi will destroy the shields. Once the shields are down, focus fire on the mechs but stay clear as Junkrat will be using his ultimate." Soldier 76 said over the comms.

'Alright. Waiting on your call, 76.' Reinhardt answered, with waves of answers coming right after.

"NOW!" Soldier 76 shouted.

"Ogon' po gotovnosti!" Zarya shouted as she fired a gravitation surge towards the well. The gravitational pull caused the mechs to collide against each other and move towards the gravity ball.

"QUICK! STOP THEM BEFORE THEY DESTROY THE MECH'S SHIELDS!" A Talon commander ordered.

"Dòng zhù! Bù xǔ zǒu!" Mei shouted as she threw Snowball towards the hostiles. The drone quickly flew into the air and froze all the enemies in place.

"GENJI! HANZO! NOW!" Reaper ordered.

"Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!" Hanzo shouted as he fired a special arrow towards the bots. As soon as the arrow was halfway there, two giant blue spirit dragons emerged and seriously damaged the bot's shields. However, despite the damage done, they were still active.

"Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!" Genji shouted before unsheathing his sword and dashing towards the mechs with a green dragon spirit emerging from the blade. Leaping onto the mechs, Genji started striking with lightning-quick attacks. Soon, the shields were destroyed, allowing everyone to damage the mechs.

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Junkrat shouted with the sounds of his RIP-TIRE coming right after.

"CONCENTRATE FIRE!" Soldier 76 shouted as he left cover and started firing upon the bots. Not wasting a second, everyone fired everything they had left at the mechs, hoping to destroy them. Unfortunately, before they could put a dent into the machines, Windowmaker came onto comms.

'WATCH OUT! TALON HEAVY ASSAULT AND ASSASSIN INCOMING' She shouted before firing off a few shots.

"GET TO COVER!" Reinhardt shouted as he activated his shield to help others safely get to cover.

'Damn.' Zarya thought when she noticed that the mechs were slowly, but surely, getting back to their feet.

"What-" Lucio began, but a scream cut him off.

"HELP!" Mei shouted. Turning to where it came from, Zarya felt the color drain from her face when she saw Mei on the ground, defenseless as the assault and assassin units approached her.

"MEI!" Zarya shouted as she activated a particle barrier to herself and Mei.

"SHIT! GIVE ZARYA COVERING FIRE!" Reaper shouted as any who still had ammo started firing at the units, unfortunately, to little effect.

"I got you, Mei." Zarya said as she reached Mei and effortlessly picked her up.

"Thank you, Zarya." Mei said as they quickly made way to better cover.

"No problem. Remember we are-WATCH OUT!" Zarya began, only to shout and toss Mei to safety when she saw an assault and assassin unit charging towards them. She then aimed her particle cannon and fired, hoping to stop both hostiles in their tracks with her increased damage. Yet, despite her high damage output, it did nothing to deter two enemies as they quickly reached and disarmed her. The assassin jumped on her and tried to slice her to death. Not giving up, Zarya tried to grab her particle cannon to knock the assassin off her. Only for eyes to widen in horror when she saw her particle cannon destroyed by the chain gun of the assault unit. Knowing that her allies wouldn't be able to save her in time, Zarya closed her eyes and accepted her fate. And as she waited for her inevitable death, thoughts of her uncle and promise came to her mind.

'Uncle. I'm sorry I failed to keep my promise. Hopefully, you are not disappointed as I join you in the afterlife.' Zarya thought, sad. Yet, she quickly snapped her eyes open when she heard the familiar sound of a minigun revving up. However, she quickly covered her ears when the minigun started firing. Once the sound died down after a couple of seconds, Zarya looked around and noticed that the mechs, assault, and assassin units were destroyed, riddled with hundreds of bullets.

"TCH! Even after all these years, Talon still doesn't know how to make robots." A familiar voice said, disappointed. Looking up, Zarya saw a face that nearly brought tears to her eyes. It was her uncle that she long since thought died.

"UNCLE!" Zarya shouted as she got up and ran towards her uncle, who became surprised when he saw her.

"ZARYA! What are you doing, little bear?" He asked, embracing her. But before she could answer, they heard the sounds of more hostiles incoming. "We will talk later. Now, we fight."

"Yes." Zarya said, excited, momentarily forgetting that heavy assault unit destroyed her weapon.

"Take this. We fight together, little bear." Her uncle said, handing her a shotgun.

Smiling, Zarya cocked the gun before firing as her uncle revved up his minigun again. The other Overwatch members quickly snapped out of their stupor before joining the uncle and niece duo. With their combined might, they were able to turn the tide against Talon. Seeing that they were outgunned and outmatched, a Talon commander quickly ordered a retreat. Only to get gunned down a second later. Even the Heavy Assault units were no match for the combined might of the duo. And in only a few moments, the fight was over with all Talon hostiles dead.

"VICTORY IS OURS!" Zarya shouted, sighing relief that the difficult fight was now over. However, she froze when her uncle spoke up.

"YOU!" He shouted while pointing to her. She turned to him, wondering what he was about to do. Yet, any uncertainty left her when her uncle opened his arms wide. "COME HERE!"

"Good to see you, uncle." Zarya said, hugging him.

"It's good to see you, little bear. Or should I say giant, Strong bear?" He said with a laugh.

"I thought you were dead. Killed by those omnics so long ago." Zarya asked, curious.

"I am not killed so easily." He answered with a chuckle.

"Zarya. Who is this?" Mercy asked, flying towards them

"This is my uncle." Zarya answered, smiling.

"What's your name?" Soldier 76 asked, walking towards them.

"Real name classified. My codename is Heavy Weapons Guy. You can just call me Heavy." The man answered.

"How did you know we were here, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"I didn't. I wanted to visit this place for a while. But when I heard the gunshots, I rushed towards here as fast as I could." Heavy answered.

"Well, thanks for the help, love. We were really in a pickle. That is until you showed up with your minigun." Tracer said, cheerful.

"Is no problem." Heavy said with a wave of his hand.

"What will you do now, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"Possibly travel the world best I can. It is very different than it was all those years ago." He answered.

"You can join is if you want. Overwatch could use people with your skills." Solider 76 said, surprising most. Yet, they quickly agreed as from what they had witnessed in only a few seconds; they knew he was a formidable force. However, they became focused when he shook his head.

"No. Overwatch is heroes. I am no hero." He answered.

"Why not? You helped us win the fight and saved Zarya." Mei asked.

"As I said, Overwatch is heroes. I am no hero. I am a mercenary." He explained.

"Still could fit in, though. As I always say, Overwatch is nothing but a bunch of misfits and freaks: I love it!" Junkrat interjected before cackling.

"So, what do you say, uncle. Care to join Overwatch? We can fight side-" Zarya began but trailed off when she noticed her uncle walking towards the smoldering remains of the bots. "Uncle?"

"Is everything alright, Heavy?" Mercy asked, worried.

"Looks like I will be joining Overwatch after all." He answered before ripping something from the bot.

"Then why do I get the feeling it's not to help others, but rather, go after something?" Reaper asked, crossing his arms. Heavy let out a grunt before turning to them and raising his arm.

"Because Talon has gotten their hands on Australium." He explained while opening his hand. In his hand was a gold bar that had a logo of a man boxing a kangaroo.

Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Chapter Text

"Australium?" Tracer asked, confused. "What's that?"

"Sounds like rare mineral." Mei said as she observed the gold bar.

"Honestly, that sounds like something that came from an old video game." D.va commented.

"Sounds like nonsense to me and appears to be nothing more than fools gold." Torbjorn said before taking the australium from Heavy's hand. "But if I learned anything in all my years of smithing, I know not everything is at seems."

"¿Sabes algo al respecto, pops?" Sombra asked, somewhat bored but curious all the same. However, when she received no answer, she turned around and saw both Soldier 76 and Reaper frozen in place. "Pops?"

"Is everything okay?" Mercy asked, worried.

"We're in big trouble." They answered in a grim tone, sending chills down everyone's spine except Heavy.

"How so?" Brigitte asked.

"I take it you both have past experiences with this rock." Anna asked with a critical eye. But before they could answer, everyone heard the familiar sounds of jet engines approaching. Turning around, they saw a Talon dropship rapidly approaching.

"We discuss later. Where is your ship?" Heavy asked, revving his minigun. "Sasha and I will cover you."

"Will you be okay, uncle?" Zarya asked, worried. She just learned that her uncle was alive and did not want to risk him dying for real this time.

"Don't worry, little bear. I'll be fine. I'm not leaving."

Typically, Zarya and the rest would not have listened to a strange they had only known for less than an hour. However, since Zarya trusted this man, who apparently was her uncle, they decided to trust him this time, especially since he was doing an excellent job preventing any Talon hostiles from exiting the dropship. Nevertheless, that did not mean they couldn't help. Zenyatta launched an Orb of Harmony towards Heavy to heal any wounds he might suffer. Soldier 76 and Pharah launched rockets at the dropship in hopes of taking down the ship. Meanwhile, Hanzo and Windowmacker sniped any hostile that somehow made it through the relentless fire. Zarya was tempted to stay and helped her uncle but remembered that the shotgun lacked range, and the Assault unit tore to shred her particle cannon. Luckily, she didn't need to worry as the Talon Dropship soon burst into flames before falling to the ground and taking the remaining hostiles with it.

"Ah, Sascha. It feels good." Heavy said, smiling as he blew out the smoke from his minigun's barrel. "Reminds me of facing Blu team and Gray Mann's bots."

Memories came flooding back to Heavy of his years as a Red Team Merc. From when he was first offered the job with the promise of heaps of money all the way to fighting the TFC Mercs and Gray Mann's robot army. It made him smile at all the good memories he had shared with his fellow 2fort mercs. Even though he sometimes loathed working with them, especially Soldier, he still missed them. And even though he does not want to admit it openly, the other mercs started to feel like family after a while. A crazy, deranged family that loves to threaten each other, but a family nonetheless.  

"Should get some more rounds soon, Sascha." Heavy said, looking at his ammo count and noticing that he was running low. Times like this made him wish that the Engineer was here so he could build a dispenser. It would undoubtedly make acquiring ammo less of a struggle. But Heavy then remembered how the rest of the mercs began making fun of his accent every time he wanted Engineer to build a dispenser. It quickly became an inside joke amongst the mercs, with Heavy eventually joining. Smiling at the memories, Heavy decided to say it one last time. "Pootis penser here."

"Um, what was that?" Zarya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Inside joke between some old co-workers of mine."

"Oh, more stories. You have to tell me them sometime. Or are you only going to tell me more stories of how you are bad at chess?" Zarya asked, smirking.

"But those were good stories." Heavy laughed but stopped when they heard engines rapidly approaching with a ladder being dropped in front of them. Looking up, they saw that the rest of the Overwatch members had returned with the ship and that Soldier 76 had lowered the ladder.

"And you can tell all of us those stories once we're clear. Radars are showing at least ten Talon ships incoming."

Nodding, Zarya began climbing the ladder with Heavy following aftward. Once onboard, Soldier 76 gave Winston the order to head back to base. And after a cautious warning, Winston piloted the ship back to the Gibraltar base.

One Hour Later

"You make me so proud, my little bear." Heavy shouted, full of pride upon hearing everything Zarya had accomplished since they last saw each other. 

"It was nothing, uncle. Just doing my job." Zarya dismissed. "Now, tell me. Where have you been? Tell me of your adventures."

"I've been around the world, finding jobs where I can and trying to fit into this new world. It is different than when I was younger. Aside from this, not much noteworthy."

"Oh, come on, uncle. You've got to have some interesting stories."

"Yeah." Soldier 76 interjected. "Like who are you exactly?"

"And how do you know of that highly sought-after resource?" Reaper added, crossing his arms.

"I think a better place to start would be for you both to explain how you know about it. And don't even try to argue." Ana said, giving one of her infamous glares at them. 

"Alright." They said, knowing that it wasn't wise to argue with Ana.

"You all remember that we were part of the American government's controversial and classified super-soldier program." Reaper began, waiting for everyone's answer. Once they nodded, Soldier 76 continued.

"Ever wondered why, despite being widely acknowledged, it is still deemed classified?"

"I thought that was just the American government trying to save face after yet, another one of their many failures?" Sombra asked, pulling up some articles about the program on her computer. 

'Soldier would lose it if he heard that.'  Heavy thought, remembering how patriotic and insane his brother-in-law is about America.

"That's only what they want the public to think. In reality, it was to hide some of the resources they used." Soldier 76 clarified.

"I'm guessing that rock there was somehow a part of the whole thing." Torbjorn said, eyeing the rock. Ever since they started heading back to base, he has not taken his eyes off the rock. While many called him hot-headed, he was not an idiot and did not like blindly running into situations. Plus, while he was never a  superstitious  man, he did always trust his gut. And right now, it was telling him that the rock was nothing but trouble. 

"Yeah. But before they tried it, the government used many different experimental formulas to try and create the perfect super-soldier. They all failed, with only two subjects surviving but were horribly disfigured afterward. But that all changed when they tried a  new  mineral they labeled OsRhAuIr. The government claimed it was a rare element they had recently discovered, but we all knew that was bullcrap." Reaper finished.

"Was it liquid or solid?" Heavy asked.

"It was a liquid and looked like molten gold." 

"How much did they use on each of you?"

"Can't recall exactly how much, but I would say at most three ounces. Why?"

"Depending on the amount and how long you were exposed to it, the results and effects can vary."

"What effects are we talking about exactly?" Mercy asked, taking out a notepad and pen.

"Prolonged exposure would cause a surge in intelligence, muscle masse, and virility. But it will also cause you to develop an unhealthy addiction to fighting and heavy drinking."

"Interesting. Anything else?" Mercy asked, writing everything down. But before Heavy could say anything, Ana spoke up.

"I think he should tell us a bit about himself before he continues." 

"Looks like you'll finally tell me some good stories about your past." Zarya said, chuckling. However, she and everyone else became quiet and concerned when Heavy's face filled with dread. It then dawned on Zarya why he never told her his stories. "It's because of the rock that you kept the stories buried."

"More or less." Heavy said, sighing. "As you know, and as I mentioned earlier, I am a mercenary."

"Who recruited you?" Pharah asked.

"A company that's no longer around. Its name was Mann Co., and I was hired by an old, foolish man known as Redmond Mann. He and his brother, Blutarch Mann, were fighting a pointless battle and recruited me and eight other mercenaries to fight for them."

"What were they fighting for?" Reaper asked.

"Something very petty but needs context to explain. Those two were brothers and constantly were bickering with each other. Their father was wealthy. At one point, they convinced their father to buy some worthless land in New Mexico and move there. The father never forgave. After his death, he gave his possessions to everyone except his two sons."

"That's something, but I'm not surprised he did that. Did he at least give them something?" Tracer asked.

"He left them the worthless land they convinced him to buy. And in his will, he made it that they have to share it. You can tell what happens next."

"They began arguing over it and tried to take the whole thing for themselves." Soldier 76 guessed.

"And eventually hired you to take over the land forcibly." Reaper added.

"Mostly correct. I am third generation mercenary hired by the two brothers."

"Wait. How old are you, and when were you recruited?" Brigitte asked.

"My age, I no longer know as I lost track. As for when Mann Co. hired me, it was around 1968." 

"WHAT?!" Everyone shouted, shocked and surprised.

"That would mean you are over a century old!" Sombra said, trying to process the revelation.

"How are you still alive, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"Is it because of the rock?" Widowmaker asked.

"Australium. And no. Something else cursed me with immortal life. But I can still die from other ways." Heavy explained. "Another time, I will explain further."

"Why did you accept the job of being a mercenary?" Lucio asked.

"Mann Co. offered lots of money if I accepted the job. Would be enough to take care of my family as we hide."

"Hide from who?" Roadhog asked.

"Russia."

"WHAT!?" Zarya exclaimed, shocked. "Why would you hide from Russia?"

"A very traumatic experience. The Russia you know is vastly different than how it was before. They were cruel and threw my family and me into the gulag after killing my father, who was a counter-revolutionist. I managed to escape and free my family when the prisoners took over the prison and burnt it to the ground. Afterward, we hid in the mountains to avoid being found by the KGB. However, we still needed lots of money to survive, and Mann Co. offered what we needed to survive, so I joined."

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that and that we made you bring it up again." Mercy apologized.

"It is fine. It was a long time ago. I have moved on." Heavy dismissed, yet, everyone could tell that it still pained him.

"I'm sorry about this, but we need to move this along. How does this australium tie in with you and the brothers?" Ana asked.

"Right. Little did Redmond know, when he hired the first set of mercs, his brother did the same. These mercs were the best of the best, and no one else could beat them. However, years passed, and to the brother's surprise, they were locked in a stalemate. Eventually, the first set of mercs grew too old to fight anymore and retired. Then they hired the second generation, but the results were the same. Knowing that they were not getting anywhere, Redmond figured that if he could not beat his brother, he would outlast him. He then hired a brilliant man known as Radigan Conagher to build him an immortality machine. However, some lady named Elizabeth convinced Radigan to make another machine for the other brother. They are both immortal, with the machine running on australium."

"So that rock can be used to power anything, enhance anything, and if used correctly, give someone immortality." Torbjorn surmised.

"Correct. But that is, how do you say, only the tip of the iceberg. With australium, you can do almost anything and make everything else obsolete."

"But what happened to your boss and his brother?" Cole Cassidy asked through narrow eyes.

"Dead. Both. Killed by their long-lost third brother, Gray Mann."

"Why would he kill them?" Hanzo asked.

"Not too sure. All Heavy knows is that he returned years later for revenge and to take over Mann Co. and merge it with his company, Gray Gravel Company."

"Did he succeed?" Genji asked.

"And did he have an immortality machine as well?" Soldier 76 asked.

"First, Heavy will clarify. The machines only extend your life as long as it has australium. But, yes, he did have a more efficient life-extending machine. Where he got it from, I do not know. And yes, he killed his brothers, took over their companies, and eventually took over Mann Co."

"How did he do it?" Symmetra asked, curious.

"In a manner similar to what you know as the Omnic Crisis. He sent waves of robots against my co-workers and me. But what confused my co-workers and me was that Gray Mann modeled the robots after us. We called them the Robots wars, but some call it Mann vs. Machine."

"Wait, if he succeeded, how are you still here? Did you flee?" Genji asked, only to recoil in fear when Zarya stood up, pissed.

"MY UNCLE WOULD NEVER FLEE!"

"Calm down, little bear." Heavy said, gently placing his hand on her shoulder. Breathing in, she nodded before sitting back down. Nodding, Heavy turned back to Genji. "No, I did not flee. My co-workers and I successfully managed to halt the robot's advancement to a stalemate. And after months of fighting with no side gaining the advantage, Gray Mann called off his robots and decided to try a different tactic."

"Then how did he gain control over Mann Co.?" Mei asked.

"Mann Co.'s leader, Saxton Hale, is not very smart. Gray Mann used this to find a loophole in the company's policy to swing it in his favor."

"Is he still around?" Widowmaker asked, arming her sniper rifle.

"No. He is dead. He hired the mercenaries that worked for his brothers before us to eliminate us. That team's leader tore off the life extender machine from Gray's back. Which, coincidentally, left a hole in his back. He stayed alive for a while but died when his organs fell out from the hole in his back."

"Wow, talk about a gruesome way to go. Did you face off against them?" Tracer asked.

"We did and won." 

"What did you do afterward?" Mercy asked.

"Headed home and took care of my family after bringing them to France. After they passed away, I traveled the world." Heavy answered before wrapping his arms around Zarya. "And eventually became the uncle of this little bear.

"Uncle." Zarya laughed, escaping from his embrace.

"Wow, those are some stories." Mei said, shocked at what Heavy has been through in his life.

"That would be very hard to believe if we did not see first-hand australium powering Talon's mechs." Reaper commented.

"And us being injected with a small dosage of australium during the super-soldier program." Soldier 76 added.

"But it makes it all the easier to see why Talon wants to get their hands on australium and why you want to stop them." Reinhardt said. However, everyone was surprised when they saw Heavy shaking his head.

"No."

"What do you mean, no?" Reaper asked, stepping forward while gripping his shotguns.

"Talon, for all its power, would not know how to use australium outside of simply having it as a power source."

"Then why are you coming along?" Ana asked.

"While Talon would not be able to utilize australium fully, there is someone who could. Plus, there is another who could potentially give them life extender machines along with enhancements that would make them far deadlier. They are the ones I want to stop."

"Seems like we got some blokes who we need to blow up. Who are they?" Junkrat asked, cackling.

"They are the Medic and Engineer of the last mercenary team the Mann brothers hired. If Talon recruits them, they would be far more powerful than before and would cause suffering to millions in days."

"Then we should make sure that does not happen." Soldier 76 said, loading a fresh clip into his rifle.

"But the question remains, where should we start?" Reaper asked.

"Perhaps your old co-workers could lend us some hand." Zarya suggested. "We could start by getting them on our side."

"It would be wise to get all the help we can get. Especially if the help has past experience with whatever we are currently dealing with." Mercy agreed.

"We would need to find them first. Luckily, Heavy knows where they are and knows they would be willing to fight again." 

"Do you think they would be willing to join Overwatch?" Zarya asked.

"Perhaps." Heavy answered before turning to Soldier 76 and Reaper. "That is if they would allow it."

"Well, we would have to see them for ourselves. But if they are half as good as you are, and you trust them not to cause too much trouble, we can let them join Overwatch." Soldier 76 answered.

"But what about you? Are you willing to join Overwatch?" Reaper asked. Heavy hummed before looking towards Zarya and smirking.

"Heavy will join and fight by your side!"

"YES!" Zarya cheered. 

"Welcome aboard to Overwatch, Heavy Weapons Guy." Soldier 76 congratulated.

"It will be great to fight alongside you, uncle." Zarya said, excited.

"I wonder what his co-workers are like." D.va said, curious.

"Probably brave warriors like him." Reinhardt declared.

'Crazy, chaotic, and insane is the better way to describe them.'  Heavy mentally corrected.

"Which of your co-workers should we start with?" Mei asked.

"The one who is most important to any team. The Medic."

"Another healer. I wonder if he's as kind as Mercy, noble as Brigitte, cool as Lucio, or wise as Zenyatta." D.va wondered while leaning into Brigitte and winking. Heavy was about to correct them and give them a warning, but Tracer cut him off.

"And where can we find him?"

"He went back home after everything. He's living in Stuttgart, Germany." Heavy answered,

"HAHA! A FELLOW GERMAN! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HIM!" Reinhardt shouted, excited.

"Well, you don't have to wait long. With me as the pilot, we'll be there in no time at all." Tracer said before blinking up into the cockpit.

Once she was gone, everyone began discussing what the Medic that worked with Heavy was like and how he would compare to their healers. However, Heavy, meanwhile, looked out the window towards the setting sun. While he was worried about Talon possibly recruiting the Tfc Medic and Engineer, there was someone he was more concerned about, the Administrator. She could easily pull the strings on everything and anything. Not to mention, there was still the matter of this unknown  debt  that she was adamant about paying back. Even Miss Pauling did not know what the debt was, which raised even more concerns. And now that there were more australium around, Heavy did not doubt that she would turn up soon. Sighing, he turned back to listen to what the others were saying and smiled. It filled his Mega Baboon's heart with warmth at seeing his niece happy. While she did not say it out loud, he could tell that she considered them family and even had her eyes on the girl wearing a heavy snow coat. 

'It's good she found a team she can call family.'  Heavy thought while closing his eyes. Since it would be a while before they arrived, he figured he could sneak in a quick nap. However, his eyes snapped by what Mercy said next.

"Well, either way, it would be nice to have another medic on the team. We could talk and heal each other after you all abandon me again." She said, glaring at the younger Overwatch members.

"WHAT!?" Heavy shouted, standing up and startling everyone. For the next couple of hours, all the younger members received a verbal lashing the likes they had never received before on how you never abandon your Medic. 

Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"And remember. NEVER! EVER! ABANDON! YOUR! MEDIC!" Heavy shouted, causing the younger Overwatch members to wince.

"Okay, We get it." D.Va said with a huff but went quiet when Reaper and Soldier 76 glared at her. 

"Heavy doubts it." He said before turning to Ana, Brigitte, Mercy, Lucio, and Zenyatta. "I presume this is a common occurrence."

"More than we would like to admit." Mercy answered with a sigh, with the others agreeing.

"And what's worse is how they constantly act like we are their personal clinics and want us to follow them into situations we shouldn't." Anna added.

"Or sometimes only heal them." Lucio added, remembering all the times D.va or someone else kept demanding that he follow them. This caused Heavy to glare at the younger members again. But before he could give another tongue lashing to them, the landing of the Orca cut him off. 

"We're here, loves. Good old Stuttgart, Germany." Tracer said after blinking into the room. 

"Ah, it's good to be back home in Germany." Reinhardt said as the Orca's door opened. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Heavy." Zenyatta said, getting his attention.

"Да?"

"Would you mind telling us about your team's medic?"

"YES! TELL US MORE OF HIM! I BET HE IS A STRONG WARRIOR LIKE YOURSELF!" Reinhardt cheered, causing Heavy to chuckle before nodding.

"Medic is a good man and  VALUABLE MEMBER  of the team." Heavy began, glaring at the younger members when he said valuable. "He is little crazy, but he will stick by your side in the front lines and keep you alive. UNLESS YOU ABANDON HIM!"

"WE GET IT!" The younger Overwatch members shouted, annoyed.

"I knew he was a brave man." Reinhardt said. "Where can we find him?"

"Medic works at the clinic at the center of town."

"I'm curious as to what field of study your medic specializes in?" Mercy said, curious.

"And if can he help omnics." Brigitte added as they exited the Orca.

"I am unsure; you all can find out when we meet him." Heavy answered, curious if Medic made any advancements to his medi gun. Yet, in the back of his mind, Heavy wondered how the others would react to Medic's quirks and stories.

Twenty Minutes Later

"Is that him?" Ana asked as a man wearing a field medic's coat walked out of a clinic. In his right hand was a book about how to treat Omnics while his left head cupped his chin. And on his back was a strange device that none of the Overwatch members had seen before. 

"Yes. That is Medic." Heavy answered, excited to see his teammate again.

"Well, what are we waitin' around for? Let's go meet the bloody bloke." Junkrat said, only to become confused when Heavy held him back. "Hey, what gives?"

"In my years working for R.E.D. Team and alongside teammates, Heavy has learned many things about his co-workers. And one is that Medic does not like to be surprised or sneaked up on from behind. Unpleasant memories are all I will say." 

"Then how should we do this, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"You." Heavy said, turning to Genji. 

"Yes?"

"Heavy requires your sword or knife."

"Uh, okay." Genji said, confused but gave him his wakizashi.

"What do you plan on doing?" Mercy asked, equally confused and worried. Instead of answering, Heavy smirked and used Genji's wakizashi to make a large gash on his arm, which bled immediately, shocking everyone.

"And he says we are the careless ones." D.Va huffed.

"Here, let me patch that up." Lucio said, but Heavy stopped him.

"It's all part of plan." He explained before turning toward where Medic was. He then raised his hand and shouted in a loud voice. "DOCTOR!"

And it got the desired result as the Medic stopped walking and instinctively shot something toward the Heavy. This shocked all the Overwatch members, yet, their shock turned to horror when they saw a giant needle in Heavy's head. But before anyone could say anything, Heavy removed the syringe with no visible damage to his head. And whatever was in the syringe healed his arm entirely.

"Uh, what did your medic just shoot you with?" Reinhardt asked, curious but also worried. He was never big on needles, even with Mercy. And the thought of getting shot by a giant medical syringe was something he wasn't thrilled about nor wanted to experience firsthand. 

"That is a trade secret." A voice answered. Turning to it, they saw that the Medic had quickly reached them.

"Ah, good to see you, Medic." Heavy said, smiling as they shook hands.

"Always a pleasure to see you, Mikhail."

"Is that your name?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Yes. But I prefer codename. Easier for everyone."

"I see you made some new acquaintances. Who are they?" Medic asked.

"We are Overwatch. Noble heroes with the mission of keeping the peace and protecting lives from villains such as Talon!" Reinhardt declared, startling Medic but causing him to chuckle afterward.

"Anyway." Medic said, adjusting his glasses. "I take it this isn't a courtesy visit."

"No, doctor. Something came up. Something from our work that has caused us lots of trouble."

"Australium, I presume."

"Yes, doctor. And Talon has gotten their hands on it. Some of their machines are already powered by it."

"Then that means they are already unlocking its secrets. And that would surely attract the attention of the Classic Medic and Engineer."

"Don't forget about  her , doctor."

"Yes. Her. Where there is australium, she would surely be not far behind." 

"Care to fill us in on who you are talking about?" Reaper interjected.

"Later. We have more important things to worry about now." Medic answered, ignoring Reaper's growls while turning back to Heavy. "I take it you are trying to get the team back together."

"Yes, doctor."

"Have you recruited any of the others yet, or am I the first?"

"You are first doctor. Can't leave behind one who keeps us alive."

"Danke." Medic said, smiling. "Now, where should we start?"

"Hold on." Soldier 76 said, getting their attention. 

"Yes, what is it?"

"Before we begin, we need to know if we can trust you."

"You can trust Medic. He is a good doctor." Heavy interjected.

"And if my uncle trusts him, so do I." Zarya added.

"You must be Heavy's niece. A pleasure to meet you."

"Alright. But we have our eyes on you." Reaper warned.

"This will be fun." Medic said with a smile that sent shivers down everyone's spines.

"Oh, would you like to join our group? Heavy already has." Tracer asked. Reaper and Soldier 76 were about to speak up but decided to let him answer. While they felt uneasy about this man, he would be a valuable asset if he were even half as good as Heavy. And they knew that they would need all the help they could get going forward. 

"Doctor?" Heavy asked, extending his hand. Medic looked at it for a moment before shaking it. He then turned back to everyone.

"Dr. Ludwig, at your medical service. But please, just call me Medic." He said, taking a slight bow. 

"Ah, it's good to be on team again." Heavy said, glad that they were teammates again. 

"Now, do you need anything before we leave?" Ana asked.

"I have everything I need. But might I bring someone along? I never go anywhere without him."

"Sure, but who?" Reaper asked.

"Archimedes." Medic called out while raising his hand with his index finger sticking out. Everyone was confused but understood what he was doing when a pigeon landed on Medic's finger. "My pet dove."

"Aw, how cute." D.Va said when Medic started petting the dove.

"Wait, is that blood on its chest?" Lucio asked, pointing to the red bloodstain.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Archimedes likes to mess around sometimes." Medic explained, forgetting that only his team knew that messing around stood for going into a patient's abdomen that was undergoing surgery.

"Well, it would be nice to have another bird as Ganymede was getting lonely." Mei said, smiling.

"Who?" Medic asked.

"Ganymede is the name of Bastion's pet bird. And Bastion is an omnic so that you know." Genji answered.

"Which reminds me, do you know how to heal omnics?" Ana asked.

"Yes, I do. At first, they were quite a challenge, but I can now heal them as easily as putting a baboon's uterus into a human patient."

"WHAT!" Everyone, minus Heavy, shouted, shocked. 

"Yes, the procedure is quite simple. But that is a story for another time." Medic explained as Archimedes flew to his shoulder. 

"Uh, I'll go start up the Orca." Tracer nervously said before blinking away, soon followed by a few others.

"We better get going. Every moment we waste here, Talon is one step closer to utilizing australium." Reaper said before motioning for them to follow.

"Medic." Zarya said, moving over to him.

"Yes? What is it?" 

"You worked alongside my uncle for many years, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, since I can't get any stories from my uncle, do you think you can share some of your stories?" Zarya asked, unaware of the mistake she was asking.

"YES! Tell us of your stories on the front lines. I bet they are heroic tales of brave men fighting against tyranny." Reinhardt added, equally excited.

"And if you don't mind, would you share some of your medical stories." Mercy added.

"Very well." Medic said, adjusting his glasses. "Let's see. Ah, I have the perfect one. This one happened years ago at a place called the Granary."

Three Hours Later

"...And when the patient woke up, his skeleton was missing, and the doctor was never heard off again." Medic finished telling the story of how he lost his medical license the first time. 

"HA! HA! HA!" Heavy laughed. No matter how many times he heard this story, he always found himself laughing. However, the Overwatch members were not laughing at all.

"You monster." Mercy managed to say in between fits of vomiting. 

Currently, Heavy, Medic, and the Overwatch members were heading back to Gibraltar as the Orca was low on fuel, and they needed to resupply. But, and against Heavy's wishes, the Overwatch members kept asking Medic to tell them some of his stories from when he worked alongside Heavy. However, they all quickly regretted their decision when Medic started telling, in horrific detail, about all the experiments he did on his patients and teammates. For the first few stories, they surprisingly managed to keep themselves composed. Yet, that changed when Medic told them of the time he implanted a baboon's uterus into the Classic Heavy's abdomen. Once they managed to stop vomiting, they tried to ask Medic to stop, but he continued, with each story becoming more horrific. Although, unbeknownst to everyone, Heavy would have stopped Medic but thought the stories would act as suitable punishments for the younger members.

"¡Eres el diablo, bastardo enfermo!" Sombra said, wiping her mouth clean.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he is Satan." Reinhardt added, feeling his stomach churning at the thought of a patient still  LIVING  without a skeleton. 

"Talvez devêssemos chamar-lhe Satanás." Lucio agreed, amping up his sound wave to help everyone relax.

"Er, I can't say I  am  him, but we have met on a few occasions." Medic said, recalling all the times he met the Devil and tricked him into returning to the land of the living.

"Are you serious?" Mercy asked in a deadpan throne as she finished vomiting.

"Quite, Fräulein." 

"I can see now why you wouldn't tell us any of your stories, uncle." Zarya said, disturbed.

"Well, I do believe that I told my fair share of stories." Medic said, turning to Heavy and Zarya. "How did you become her uncle, Heavy?"

"Ah. Now that is a good story." Heavy said, smiling. But before he could begin, the alarms went off.

"Looks like your going to put that story on hold." Soldier 76 said as he, Winston, and Reaper came running into the room.

"What's happening?" D.Va asked.

"Talon is attacking an Omnics Rights movement in Kings Row." Reaper answered.

"EMILY! WE HAVE TO GET THERE NOW!" Tracer said before blinking into the cockpit. And, had everyone not fastened their belts, they would have been thrown across the room by the sudden change in direction the Orca took.

"Looks like its Team Time, doctor." Heavy said, grabbing his minigun.

"Right. So, let's go practice medicine." Medic agreed while taking out his medi gun.

Forty-Five Minutes Later

"Okay, we're here. Now, Talon is attacking where Mondatta's statue is located." Soldier 76 said as the Orca's doors lowered.

"And remember, don't abandon your Medics." Heavy reminded.

Nodding, everyone exited the Orca and headed toward Mondatta's statue. However, that would, unfortunately, take some time as Tracer had to land the Orca about a mile away to avoid Talon shooting them down. Luckily, Lucio's Amped Up Speed Boost allowed them to reach their destination quicker. Symmetra stayed behind to work on creating a shield generator as everyone knew that they would be under heavy fire from Talon. Yet, to everyone's surprise, they felt like they could tank more damage after Medic used his Medi Gun on them for a bit. 

And that proved to be mighty helpful, for as soon as they neared Mondatta's statue, they came under immediate fire from Talon. Luckily, their overheal, as Medic calls it, allowed them to get to cover without sustaining any serious injuries. And from their cover, they could see that Talon had set up base inside the cathedral. Thankfully, there were no civilian casualties so far, and for the ones that were injured, Mercy quickly healed their wounds. However, that still left the question of how they would break through the lines as it was a stalemate. Any time someone would try to create an opening, they quickly retreated into cover to avoid getting gunned down. Yet, they knew that wouldn't last as Talon's Heavy Units slowly pushed forward while Talon's Snipers shut down any advancement they made. There were assassins out there as well, but thankfully, they didn't have to worry about them due to Junkrat's mines and traps while Torbjorn had his turret out. 

"DAMMIT! WE NEED TO BREAK THROUGH THE LINES!" Soldier 76 said before firing some rockets to force a Talon Sniper to reposition themselves. 

"AND WE BETTER COME UP WITH A WAY FAST AS WE'RE LOSING GROUND!" Reaper added before killing two Talon hostiles that tried their luck.

"Medic. Think you can give me some heals?" Tracer asked, appearing next to Medic and Heavy. Medic nodded and healed her back to full overheal. "Thanks."

"No problem, fraulein. Now-CAREFUL!" Medic before quickly taking out his Ubersaw and killing a Talon Assassin that snuck behind then and tried to kill Tracer.

"That was close. Thanks." Trace said, slightly disturbed at the blood that landed on her face. 

"UNCLE!" Zarya shouted, getting their attention.

"WHAT?"

"Do you have a plan to break through this stalemate?" Zarya asked before ducking back into cover. But because of this, she missed the crazed look Medic gained.

"Uh, Medic. Why is your healing thingy crackling?" Tracer asked, pointing to Medic's Medi Gun. But instead of answering, he turned to Heavy and nodded. 

"YOUNG ONES!" He shouted, getting their attention.

"WHAT!"

"THIS IS REWARD YOU GET FOR STICKING WITH YOUR MEDIC!"

Without waiting for them to say anything, Heavy and Medic exited their cover and moved directly into the line of fire. The Talon hostiles were confused for a moment but quickly composed themselves and focused fire on them. Some Talon operatives even took out rocket launchers and other explosive launchers. 

"FIRE AT THOSE IDIOTS!" The Talon commander ordered.

"UNCLE!" Zarya shouted, worried.

"COVER THEM!" Solider 76 ordered, but it was too late.

*BOOM*

Too late for the Talon Operatives as before anyone could react, the duo emerged from the smoke unharmed. But what was most noticeable about them was the fact that they were now both glowing bright red and unaffected by anything Talon fired at them. 

"HA! HA! HA! I AM BULLETPROOF!"  Heavy shouted as he mowed down any Talon Hostile he spotted. 

"FOCUS FIRE!" The Talon Commander ordered. All the remaining Talon hostiles fired everything they got but had no effect as the invincible glowing men mowed them all down with great joy. 

"RUN, COWARDS! I'M COMING FOR YOU!"  Heavy shouted as he killed the remaining Talon Heavy units and assassins. 

"RETREAT! WE LOST THIS POSITION! RE-!" The commander began but fell to the floor when Widowmaker shot him in the head.

"KEEP UP THE PRESSURE! DON'T LET ANY ESCAPE!" Reaper shouted after snapping out of his shocked stupor. This also made everyone else snap to attention, and within moments all the Talon hostiles were dead. Unfortunately, while all Talon operatives outside the cathedral were killed, those on the inside managed to escape. 

"HA! HA!" Heavy cheered as the Uber ended. He then turned to Medic with a smile on his face. "Feels good fight by your side again, Doctor."

"Same here, my friend."

"Uncle, what was that?" Zarya asked as they walked up to them, followed by the rest.

"And please don't say about protecting-" D.Va began but stopped when Brigitte slapped her head.

"It's called an Ubercharge. When charged, we become invulnerable to all damage for a full minute. It used to be only eight seconds, but I managed to upgrade it." Medic explained.

"Now, that is something that can help us turn the tide in any fight and possibly allow us to strike hard at any of Talon's bases without much resistance." Solider 76 said, already thinking of ways to best utilize an Ubercharge for future situations. 

"Can you use it on anyone, or do they require something beforehand?" Mercy asked, curious.

"Yes. Without the needed modifications, the voltage produced by the Ubercharge would kill any person or omnic." 

"What kind of modifications?" Ana asked through narrow eyes.

"We'll tell you later." Heavy answered, causing Ana to glare at him.

"Right. We should focus now on searching the cathedral for any intelligence Talon might have left behind." Reaper said as Sombra, Pharah, and Symmetra headed inside the cathedral.

"And once they are done with that, we'll head back to base to refuel and then search for your next teammate." Soldier 76a added.

"Who is he, and where is he located?" Tracer asked, curious. Medic and Heavy looked at each other for a moment before nodding.

"The Sniper. And he is in Australia." 

Notes:

Important Life Lesson: Always Respect Your Medics.

Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Notes:

Sorry for the long delay in updates. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Huh. It looks like we're going back to Australia after all." Roadhog said, but his mask made it hard to understand him. Yet the Medic and Heavy understood him perfectly.

"YES! A fellow Aussie. What's his name?" Junkrat asked, excited.

"His name is Rick Mundy. But he prefers Sniper." Heavy answered.

"And he's not technically Australian. It's a long story, but he does consider himself an Australian." Medic added.

"In which part of Australia does he live?" Soldier 76 asked.

"He does not live in any towns. Sniper prefers the solitude of his family's house out on the farms." Heavy answered.

"Then how are we supposed to find him?" Ana asked.

"Don't worry. We have the coordinates as we've been there a couple of times in the past." Medic answered while pulling out a piece of paper with coordinates on it.

"Hmm." Tracer said after blinking and taking the paper.

"Something wrong, Tracer?" Mercy asked.

"Nothing's wrong, love. But we're going to need to postpone the trip for tomorrow. The coordinates here say their teammate lives on the east side of Australia, and we don't have enough fuel to get there."

"We did spend a lot of fuel today. I think it would be best if we wait until tomorrow. Plus, it would give us a chance to rest, relax and grab some supplies." Brigitte added.

"That would be wise, considering what we are up against." Ana agreed.

"Alright, then. Let's head to the Orca and return to base." Reaper said with everyone nodding.

"Oh, can I-" Tracer began.

"Sure. you can bring Emily." Soldier 76 answered, knowing that Tracer wouldn't be able to sleep tonight without having nightmares about Emily getting hurt. 

"Thanks, dad." And in a blink, Tracer disappeared and reappeared with a shocked, confused, and slightly scared Emily. 

"Okay. Now that we have everything let's get going. Talon won't be far behind, and I have no doubt they have sent reinforcements." Symmetra reminded as she and Sombra looked over all the data they gathered. Nodding, everyone headed back to the Orca and got on. Once the doors closed, Tracer blinked to the cockpit after ensuring Emily was secured. And after a few moments, they were heading back to Gibraltar. However, the trip was anything but silent, as everyone still had questions.

"So, uncle. What was that thing that made you glow red?" Zarya asked, curious and excited.

"Doctor." Heavy said, motioning for Medic to explain.

"As I said earlier, this is my Medi Gun. And what happened to us is called the Ubercharge, and it temporarily makes me and the one I'm healing invulnerable."

"You said earlier that modifications must be made for it to work." Ana reminded.

"Ah, yes. Typically, most hearts can't withstand the voltage output of the Medi Gun. So, I need to either make changes to their hearts or give them one that can withstand the voltage." 

"What did you give my uncle?" Zarya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing serious or life-threatening. I only gave him a mega baboon heart." Medic answered, acting like it was the most normal thing he had ever done.

"WHAT!?" Everyone shouted.

"HOW IS HE ALIVE!? AN ANIMAL'S HEART IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THAT OF A PERSON!" Mercy shouted, shocked.

"IS THAT EVEN MORALLY LEGAL!?" Mei asked.

"IT'S NOT!"

"It's morally wrong on many levels." Ana added. "He's practically playing God." 

"But as I say, there is nothing wrong with playing god as long as you're good at it." Medic countered.

¿Estamos seguros de que fue una buena idea traer a este psicópata?" Sombra nervously asked.

"Wherever doctor goes, I go." Heavy announced, startling everyone else. They looked toward him and instantly knew that messing with the Medic would be unwise. 

"Very well. Just try not to put any aminal body parts into any of us if you need to perform surgery on us." Mercy relented, still slightly disturbed at the whole thing.

"Very well." Medic agreed, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"You know, I'm curious. Since you managed to make an animal's heart work inside Heavy, what other scientific breakthroughs can you do." Lucio asked.

"Oh, many. Most of the procedures are far easier than one would expect. The only thing preventing most from delving into researching them is that it's either not an exact science, money reasons, or ethical reasons." 

"Can you give us an example?" Reaper asked.

"An example." Medic said, trying to remember all the breakthroughs he had made in the last hundred years. But after a few seconds, he remembered one that gave him quite a chuckle. "I have the perfect one."

"Which is?" Cassidy asked, grabbing the nearby trash can.

"How many baboon uteri can fit into a human body."

Needless to say, there were not enough trash bins in the Orca or barf bags.

Three Hours Later

"Doctor." Heavy greeted his teammate.

"Mikhail." Medic greeted back as he moved to stand next to his friend. 

They were currently at Gibraltar base's cliffside. After returning to base, and helping with the cleanup, Soldier 76 and Reaper showed Heavy and Medic to their respective rooms. Soldier and Reaper did apologize for the lack of amenities, but Heavy and Medic assured them that the rooms were okay as they weren't ones for heavily decorated rooms. And after informing the mercs about where everything is located, Soldier 76 and Reaper bid them goodnight before heading toward their rooms. Yet, Heavy and Medic did not go into their rooms right away. They knew there was still much they needed to discuss away from the others. However, they had to wait until everyone was asleep before they could begin. 

"You're niece is certainly something."

"My little bear certainly is."

"And it seems like she found a family in this team and even found a love interest."

"With snow-themed girl, yes. I am proud she found a place she can call home away from Russia."

"Ah. Mikhail. Remember, the Soviet Union is gone. Russia is in a much better spot now. Still, not the best, but better than it used to be." 

"I know. I just worry for my little bear."

"It's understandable, my dear friend. She might not be family by blood, but still family."

"Heh, heh. Whose blood do I even have?" Heavy asked, smirking as the memories of Medic constantly changing his blood with that of others and even animals resurfaced.

"Blood types. Blood from animals. Blood is blood, am I right?" Medic asked, chuckling as he remembered how he saved the lives of the other mercs by putting random blood back in their bodies. However, the mood turned tense afterward. "This is going to be the fight of our lives."

"It is, doctor. Even tougher than the robot wars and us battling the other classic mercs."

"But let's not forget about the Administrator." Heavy nodded as they knew very well how deceptive, manipulative, and resourceful the lady was. There was a damn good reason about how she managed to fool three generations of Red and Blu mercs into fighting each other without ever being caught. 

"Right. She is dangerous. That's why we need the others' help." Heavy said before remembering something. "Do you think Ms. Pauling would help?"

"I doubt it. She was and still is loyal to the Administrator. Well, that is if she is still alive, considering all the enemies she made over the years."

"Looks like it will only be us, doctor."

"Seems that way, my friend. But here comes an important question."

"Which is?"

"Should we tell the others about the Administrator?"

"No. Too dangerous. They don't know her as we do. And even then, it's not much. They might even go try and find her when not ready."

"That is true. Plus, while we would shoot her on the spot or have Pyro burn her alive, the others would only arrest her and bring her in for interrogation. If that's the case, she would quickly escape."

"Indeed, Doctor."

"And what of the Australium and if we find any?"

"Destroy it. Too much trouble it has caused. Without it, the world would be the same but with one less weapon in it."

"Hopefully, the others feel the same." 

"They will, doctor. Australium has ruined their lives like ours." At this point, they noticed that the sun was finally starting to rise. It soon dawned on both mercs that they had been talking for hours. But it didn't matter as they were used to having sleepless nights due to their jobs. Plus, they enjoyed their conversations with each other. However, they knew it would be a long day ahead and needed to prepare. With that in mind, the mercs went back to their room. 

Eight Hours Later

"OH, BOY! It sure is great to be back home." Junkrat exclaimed as the Orca landed near Sniper's home.

"Uh, what's with all the pipes?" Torbjorn asked, curious as he eyed all the pipes that surrounded the cozy-looking home.

"Sniper likes to brew his family moonshine. He recently began to sell it to make a side profit whenever there is a decline in bounties." Medic explained as they exited the Orca.

"That's a lot of moonshine. He must make a killing." Cassidy said, pointing to the silos and barrels filled with moonshine. 

"I wonder how it tastes. Must be good." Reinhardt wondered.

"Uh, ha. I would not recommend drinking any of the moonshines without diluting it first." Medic advised, remembering how corrosive the drink is and how only a few ounces managed to knock out Tavish. Granted, Sniper injected the stuff directly into his bloodline, but still. 

"Is he even here, though?" Windowmaker asked, looking through the sniper's scope and not seeing any life. 

"Maybe. Maybe. Sniper does go on bounties, and he loves his work." Heavy answered.

"So we came all the way here for nothing?" Pharah asked.

"Hold on, Pharah. Let's search the place first before coming to any conclusion." Ana warned.

"Yeah. Last one to find him is-Ow." Tracer began but stopped and grunted in pain when Medic hit her with the handle of his Ubersaw. "Ow. Why did you do that?"

"For your own safety." 

"What do you mean safety?" Winston asked, curious but also not liking anyone hitting his best friend. 

"Sniper will hear her coming before she sees him. And if that happens, *AHEM* Let's just say the end result won't be pretty. Or sanitary." Medic explained, wincing as he remembered the times the enemy Sniper covered him in Jarate.

"Then how should we approach without him attacking us?" Symmetra asked.

"I could use my infra-sight to see if he is here." Widowmaker suggested.

"Or I could fire my sonic arrows." Hanzo added.

"Those will help." Heavy said before motioning for them to continue.

"Through the eyes of the dragon." Hanzo said as he fired a sonic arrow at the house.

"Personne n'échappe à mon regard." Widowmaker said as her visor came over her face.

"Do you two see anything?" Reaper asked.

"No. He is not there." Hanzo answered.

"And no heat signatures are coming from underground either." Widowmaker added.

"Well, this was a bust and waste of time." D.Va huffed.

"Where could he have gone?" Mercy asked.

"Honestly, anywhere. Sniper takes hits from all over the world." Medic answered.

"Great." Roadhog said, annoyed.

"We can't search all over the world for him. We need to draw him out." Soldier 76 added. "Anyone has any ideas?"

"Perhaps a bounty could lure him out?" Genji suggested.

"You said he takes hits, right? What kind? Politicians, criminals, scumbags? And the reward? What should it be?" Sombra asked, bringing up a screen with her technology.

"Poachers. Sniper hates them most due to past run-ins with some." Heavy answered.

"Alright. Notorious poachers were spotted in the town of Gold Coast. And the reward?"

"Australium." Medic answered, surprising the Overwatch members.

"Wouldn't a different reward be better, considering that would attract Talon as well?" Torbjorn asked.

"We know, but over time, Sniper became a bit picky in what hits he takes. Australium is the only guaranteed way to get him to come quickly." 

"Alright. Type in the date, make it look authentic, and done. Hit job is online." Sombra said while making the screens disappear. "What now?"

"Well, since we don't know how long it will take-" Reaper began before Heavy interrupted him.

"Won't take long. Sniper is professional with standards and a way to get around." 

"How long?" Ana asked.

"Six to eight hours."

"Hmm. Not enough time to get back to base, and it would be a waste of fuel if we did." Reaper growled. "Alright. I think it would be best to head to the town and wait for him there." 

"But it won't be a mini-vacation." Soldier 76 quickly added, knowing how some of the younger members would react.

"Aw." They said, causing everyone else to chuckle or groan. They then boarded the Orac and headed to the town to wait for Sniper to show.

Four Hours Later

"You ever been here, Mikhail?" Medic asked his friend while taking a shot of beer. Despite Soldier 76 and Reaper saying it would not be a mini-vacation, the young ones eventually won them over. The cool air and beautiful day did help. 

"To this town, no. To Australia after the incident, yes." Heavy said as he ate his sandwich.

"It is a nice town. But a bit too big for my liking." 

"And I prefer cooler climates. Doesn't mean Heavy doesn't like warm weather with nice beach nearby."

"Excuse me, Mercs." Mercy said, getting their attention. Turning to the side, they saw Zarya, Mercy, Ana, Symmetra, and Torbjorn sitting down across from them.

"Yes?" Medic asked as he and Heavy sat up straight.

"We wanted to ask you a bit more about your adventures, your Medi Gun, and your teammate, the Sniper." Symmetra answered.

"What would you like to know first?" Heavy asked.

"About Medic's Medi Gun." Zarya answered.

"Alright. What would you like to know?" Medic asked.

"How did you invent it?" Symmetra asked, curious.

"Oh, that is a long and funny story. Too long, in fact. I'll tell you all when we have more time." 

"Are you able to recreate it if it gets destroyed?" Torbjorn asked.

"Yes. I have done so several times in the past. It may be sturdy, but it's far from indestructible." 

"Have you created others like it? And if so, are their Ubercharges the same?" Ana asked.

"Yes, I have created others. But their Ubercharges function differently than my Medi Gun."

"Can you tell us what they can do or show us how you made them?" Mercy asked, curious. Despite hating the fact that in order for someone to receive the benefits of an Ubercharge, they needed to have their heart replaced, she begrudgingly admits that the healing rate and overheal were valuable. 

"Another time."

"What else?" Heavy asked.

"What's your wildest adventure that you still have a hard time believing happened?" Zarya asked, a glimmer in her eyes as she patiently waited for her uncle to tell her a non-disgusting story.

"Story even Heavy has trouble believing. That would be our fight with the Mutated Bread Monster."

"Mutated Bread Monster. That sounds like something out of a science fiction movie." D.Va said as she and some other Overwatch members walked up to them, now curious.

"It does sound like one, but it is true." Medic said, smirking. While the experience wasn't fun, he certainly does look back at it with a chuckle.

"How did it happen?" Winston asked.

"Ah, well, you see. Another teammate and I were testing a contraption of his. And after some tests with bread, we determined that it gave you lethal cancer in the form of many tumors. After deducing that we only had three days left to live, everyone set out to accomplish what was on their bucket list. One of our teammates decided to spend his final days transporting bread. But after a while, on our supposed last day, we discovered that the contraption only gave cancer to bread and not to people."

"So what happened next? What caused the Bread Monster?" Zenyatta asked, his metallic voice sounding intrigued.

"Ah, something very interesting happened. The tumors weren't actually cancer, nor were they tumors. They were a mutation. It brought the bread to life but also made it very hostile."

"But as long as kept in jar, it was harmless and almost fun to mess with." Heavy added.

"But all the bread our teammate was transporting had the mutation as well. And when the mutation was complete, the loaves of bread came together and formed into one giant bread monster with tentacles and teeth. From there, you can all guess what happened next."

"It became the giant Mutated Bread Monster you all had to put down." Genji said.

"Precisely."

"Was it tough to put down?" Zarya asked.

"More than you can imagine, little bear." Heavy answered, still surprised after all these years at how durable the bread monster was.

"How did you kill it?" Reinhardt asked, genuinely curious about their fight and thankful it wasn't one of Medic's operations. 

"Pinned it down and traped it. Another teammate and ally we knew wired an explosion powerful enough to destroy it." Heavy answered.

"And they say explosions don't fix everything." Junkrat said while letting out a cackle. However, a nearby car exploding cut him off. 

"TAKE COVER! IT'S THE DEADLOCK GANG!" Cassidy shouted before he fired six shots. Not needing to be told twice, everyone dove to cover. And everyone near Medic and Heavy got an overheal to protect them should any stray debris or bullets hit them.

"Deadlock Gang?" Heavy asked, confused. He might have traveled all over the world, but that did not mean he knew everything.

"And Talon agents, apparently." Cassidy said as he dove next to Medic.

"Can you go back to the Deadlock Gang? We don't know much about them." Medic asked.

"You don't." Brigitte asked, surprised.

"We have little interest in events that do not pertain to us. And we try to keep ourselves hidden from others." Heavy explained, causing everyone to nod in understanding.

"Well, for starters, the Deadlock Gang is a gang of outlaws, bandits, and terrorists who terrorize the southern United States and commit various crimes from theft to weapon trafficking."

"Soldier would love to meet them personally." Medic commented, getting a chuckle from Heavy. Heavy might despise his brother-in-law for marrying his sister and being an annoying ass, but he knew that Soldier, and he shared a common hatred for terrorists.

"Anyway. Anything of value, you have it; they want it. And it seems like they decided to take their operations outside of America." 

'I thought you and the senior Overwatch members arrested them?'  D.Va asked over the comms as she and a few other members returned fire on the Deadlock Gang.

"We got the  majority  of them at the time." Cassidy corrected. "Ashe and many others managed to escape. And it seems like they not only got fresh recruits but Talon on their payroll as well."

'Less talking! More shooting!'  Reaper interjected over the radio, with shotgun sounds coming right after.

"YES! SOME HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!" Reinhardt shouted. Peeking around their cover, everyone saw that Reinhardt, D.Va, Winston, and Orisa were in the front lives protecting everyone with their shields and returning fire. And each time a shield failed, Zarya used her spare particle cannon to give them temporary protection.

"Doctor." Heavy said, turning to Medic.

"Let's go dominate these, schweinhunds." Medic said with a grin that sent shivers down everyone's spine.

With a smirk from the Heavy, they left their cover and joined the others in returning fire against the Deadlock Gang and Talon. And as soon as they were out in the open, Heavy began to fire Sasha while Medic quickly healed the others' injuries. In mere moments, everyone was back in top shape, with others now joining the fight. Yet, despite everyone now free of injuries, they could not break through the lines. However, that quickly changed when Medic Ubercharged Heavy and a few other Overwatch members used their ultimates. With the sudden burst in power, the Mercs and Overwatch managed to overpower Talon and force them to retreat. But neither Talon nor the Deadlock Gang would go down without attempting to take an Overwatch member out.

"WATCH OUT!" Soldier 76 shouted as the last three Heavy Talon Units lined up their weapons. Typically, Talon Heavy Units had Gatling guns on their arms. However, this time they had anti-tank missiles courtesy of the Deadlock Gang. And the Overwatch members were their targets.

"FOCUS FIRE ON THOSE BIG GUYS!" Torbjorn shouted as he fired his rivet gun while his sentry gun provided additional damage. But it was too late as the Heavy Units finished lining up. Knowing this, everyone who could bring up a shield did so, including Medic, which surprised everyone. However, to everyone's horror, only one Talon Heavy Unit fired the missiles at them as the other two adjusted their aim to fire at two scared children.

"TRACER!" Soldier 76 shouted, silently telling her to save the kids. But, to their horror, Tracer's chronal accelerator was offline and charging.

"I GOT THEM!" D.Va shouted as she piloted her mech to stand in front of the kids while using her defense matrix to block the missiles. But it didn't last long as D.Va's defense matrix ran out of battery, leaving her, her mech, and the kids vulnerable. Yet, without hesitation, D.Va launched the mech at the Heavy Units while activating her mech's self-destruct feature. The result was the Heavy Units dead and the children safe. 

'Hana. Are you and the kids okay?'  Mercy asked over the radio.

'We're fine. The kids are scared but otherwise uninjured.'  D.Va answered before they heard the sounds of her assuring the kids that everything would be all right.

But as the Mercs could testify, life has a way of disastrously proving someone wrong. 

'HANA! GET OUT OF THERE! TALON SNIPERS AND ASSASSINS HEADING YOUR WAY!'  Ana shouted over the radio.

"It looks like Talon sent in reinforcements. And each one of seems like they could use a good explosion." Junkrat said as he fired grenades and mines at the assassin units to dissuade them from getting too close to D.Va and the kids. 

'D.Va. Talon has got you nearly pinned. Hanzo, Ana, and Widowmaker will keep you covered while the rest of us force Talon back.'  Soldier 76 assured through the radio before turning around to face the buildings behind everyone. "You three got that?"

'We got it, 76.'  Ana answered before firing her biotic rifle and taking out a Talon Sniper.

"Little Bear." Heavy said, getting Zarya's attention.

"Yes?"

"Can you give little ones a shield?"

"I can only give myself and someone else one shied at a time. But if they can huddle close together, the kids can share a shield." 

"And what about the mech pilot?" Medic asked.

'Don't worry about me. Just give the kids a shield.'  D.Va answered over the radio before firing her blaster.

"Alright. Barriers' on you. GO!" Zarya shouted as she moved behind Reinhardt's shield to give the kids a barrier.

"Come on." D.Va said as she guided the kids out of cover and toward safety. But as soon as they left their cover, a Talon assassin unit changed direction and headed for them.

"SHIT! D.VA! WATCH OUT!" Genji warned. Not wasting a moment, D.Va shoved the kids forward before turning around with her blaster at the ready. But she realized it wouldn't matter as the Talon assassin had already lunged toward her. Closing her eyes, D.Va prepared for her demise as the Talon assassin unit neared her while two Talon Snipers lined up to shoot her in the head. But she snapped them open when the sounds of a sniper rifle echoed in her ear with the Talon assassin and sniper units falling to the ground dead. D.Va briefly thought that Widowmaker saved her but knew that wasn't the case as Widowmaker's gun was nearly silent. And the voice that followed soon after only confirmed her suspicions.

"I'M GUNNIN' FOR YA, YOU FILTHY TALON MONGRELS!"

"Sniper!" Heavy shouted, glad to hear the voice of his teammate.

"Is that you're teammate?" Mercy asked, looking at the figure waving in the distance.

"He is." 

*BAM*

"WELL, SIGNAL TO HIM TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!" Reaper shouted as Reinhardt and Orisa moved forward to grab D.Va and protect the children. Nodding, Medic and Heavy signaled to Sniper to continue firing while they used Ubercharge to clear out the remaining hostiles.

Ten Minutes Later

"Ah. Good to see you, Sniper." Heavy said as the Sniper walked up to them.

"Hey there, big guy. Good to see you too." Sniper said as he shook Heavy's massive hand before turning to Medic. "What's up, Doc?"

"Oh, you know. A Little healing here, a little experimentation there, and a few hidden corpses sprinkled about, the usual." 

"Still bringing people back from the dead or filling them with baboon uteri?" Sniper asked, chuckling.

"Unfortunately, no. There has been a decline in available baboons and  willing  test subjects."

"Ah, never change, doc. And what about you, lug head? What have you been up to?" 

"Heavy has traveled world. Killed bad men whenever and wherever they appeared. Not much else." Heavy answered with a shrug.

"I bet. But is this the reason why you both came to Australia and set up this fake hit ad? Or did you both come just to visit?" Sniper asked, bringing up a phone and showing them the online ad.

"Only way to get you to come on such short notice. We tried your home but didn't see you there." Medic explained.

"And it's a little bit of both. To see old teammate again and because of something that came up." Heavy added.

"I'm guessing it has to do with Australium. Otherwise, Talon wouldn't have come." Sniper said, kicking the dead Talon assassin. Similar to the two dozen other Talon assassins and snipers, this one had a bullet in its head. Twenty-four targets. Twenty-four successful hits with no shots wasted.

"That would be correct. Talon has already found a way to utilize Australium to power their machines." Soldier 76 answered as he and Reaper walked up to them.

"And who are you blokes exactly?" Sniper asked, getting kukri out.

"I'm Soldier 76, and this is Reaper. We're part of Overwatch." 

"Overwatch, eh. I thought those devils that call themselves politicians shut you down." 

"They did. But we reformed a while ago." Reaper explained.

"That's good. This world could always use some light with how dark it gets. But either way, what brings you all to Australia?"

"We're getting the team back together, Sniper. Talon not only has their claws on Australium, but we fear they might soon, if they don't already have, gain the support of the TFC Medic and TFC Engineer." Medic answered.

"So what do you say? Up to join the team again?" Heavy asked, causing Sniper to think about it for a moment before smiling.

"Ah, what the hell. Sure. It'll be great to be a team again and pick off these Talon wankers." Sniper answered before tensing. "Just asking. But, any chance you picked up that snake yet?"

"No." Heavy answered while Medic shook his head.

"What are you talking about?" Tracer asked, curious.

"Someone's stalking around here like a damn snake, ya little ankle biter." Sniper answered while taking out a jar containing a yellow liquid. 

"Augh. What's that?" Symmetra asked, disgusted by the smell.

"This will be fun." Medic said, smirking as Sniper found the source.

"JARATE!" Sniper shouted as the jar flew and landed next to a broken table. The contents of the jar spilled out, covering and revealing a disgusted Sombra who looked close to passing out.

"¿¡QUÉ DEMONIOS ES ESTO!? Creo que voy a enfermar." Sombra said, despertly trying not to vomit.

"Huh. Guess it wasn't a snake. Sorry love." Sniper said, wincing a bit.

"You know what. I'm not even going to ask at this point. And I have a feeling it's only going to get stranger," Ana said, waving her hand in front of her nose.

"But when we do get back to base. I'm going to need you, Sniper, to come to my office. That was an inhumane amount of pee in that jar." Mercy said in a tone that said there would be no arguing.

"Alright. But please, call me Mr. Mundy when we are not in the field. Easier that way for all of us." Sniper said, tipping his hat.

"Very well." 

"Uh, before we go looking for their next teammates, can we head home so I can take a shower. I desperately need one and some disinfectant." Sombra asked. But as soon as she finished, she could no longer hold it back and ran to the nearest trash can to vomit.

"Speaking of which, which teammate are we looking for next, and where are they?" Reaper asked, struggling to resist the urge of shooting Sniper for covering Sombra with piss. Sniper, Medic, and Heavy looked at each other before nodding.

"Our next teammate is..."

Notes:

Again, sorry for the long delay as I had wanted to finish another story on Fanfiction before shifting my entire attention to this story and other stories on this site.
But anyway, enough of that. The following chapters will have two mercs each. Although, I'm still deciding on which two mercs should appear next. Demoman and Soldier or Spy and Scout.

Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"Our next teammates are Spy and Scout." Sniper, Heavy, and Medic simultaneously answered.

"Oh, a double. I wonder how they'll be and what they can do." D.va said, curious.

"Hopefully, they're nowhere as near disgusting as this Sniper." Sombra commented as Medic used his Medigun on her to remove the Jarate effect. 

"We should probably avoid telling her about Mad Milk. I still don't know what it is, and I doubt even the ankle biter knows." Sniper whispered to Medic and Heavy, both of which nodded.

"But unless they are close by each other, I don't think we'll be able to pick them both up as we don't have a lot of fuel left." Tracer said as she blinked in front of everyone.

"Then it shouldn't be a problem as Scout and Spy live near each other now." Sniper said.

"Now?" Pharah asked, curious.

"They used to hate each other but made amends a while back. It's best if they explain it themselves." Medic explained before turning to Sombra. "Okay, Fräulein. That should do it. Although, I do recommend taking a long shower later to get rid of the smell."

"Uh, thanks. If anyone needs me, though, I'll be on the Orca, trying not to throw up." Sombra said before running to the ship. 

"So where are Spy and Scout located, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"They live in Boston, Massachusetts, near Fenway Park, little bear. Scout was born there and loved to be near anything baseball related. Spy moved there while back to be with loved one." Heavy answered. 

"Ah, good old USA." Soldier 76 said, smiling beneath his mask.

"Never was one for what Boston offers in terms of food, nor was I ever really a big baseball fan. But they do have some great cannolis and decent beers." Cassidy added.

"Wait till you try my family's moonshine and that snake's cannolis. I guarantee you they will be the best you'll ever taste." Sniper said.

"Just try not to do what you did to Tavish and Miss Pauling, Sniper. I don't think they'll be able to handle it." Medic said, chuckling. 

"What?" Mercy asked, confused and worried.

"Inside joke between another teammate and us. You'll understand when you see him." Heavy answered.

"Anyway, times a wasting. Let's get going, loves." Tracer said before blinking away toward the Orca. 

"Peppy Sheila, ain't she." Sniper said, chuckling.

"You said it." Junkrat agreed.

"Anything you need to get before we leave, Sniper?" Reaper asked.

"Mr. Mundy. And Nah, I got everything I need right here." Sniper answered, holding up a bag.

"What about van?" Heavy asked, curious as he remembered Sniper never went anywhere without his camper.

"Had to scrap it a while back. Already had decent mileage before joining Red Team." 

"I'm honestly surprised it was never destroyed during our years working for Redmond." Medic added.

"Same here, Doc. But then again, nothing is it seems when it comes to us, Mercs."

Heavy, Sniper, and Medic chuckled a bit as memories of their time working for Redmond came to mind. While it wasn't always good or 'sane,' they did look back at those times with fondness. However, those memories quickly turned as the less pleasant events resurfaced. The Robot Wars and facing off against their classic counterparts certainly left them with many scars. But they knew those battles were nothing, and their sacrifices would mean nothing if they allowed Talon to get their hands on Australium or recruit the TFC Medic or TFC Engineer. But Medic, Heavy, and Sniper knew the real threat was the Administrator. 

"She knows what we're doing, doesn't she?" Sniper solemnly asked.

"More than likely." Medic answered.

"Should we tell the others?"

"Our teammates, yes. Overwatch, no. They have enough with Talon. Last thing they need on plate is more dangerous people." Heavy answered. 

"Then we better hurry. I doubt The Administrator lost her touch. And I'm sure she is already pulling some strings to either stop us or get Talon to meet our classic counterparts. Not to mention, she probably has some Australium already." 

"But that will not stop us. We will find her, Sniper. And we will crush her." Heavy assured. 

"Of that, I have no doubt, my friends." Medic agreed. Nodding, Sniper, Heavy, and Medic ran after the Overwatch members to catch up. But all of them were unaware that someone was watching them this whole time.

Some Unknown Location

"You don't know how right you are, Mr. Mundy. And soon, I'll finally be able to pay off my debt." A mysterious aged lady said as she watched the Mercs and Overwatch members enter the Orca. However, her head went limp right after, with a machine beeping wildly next to her. It then sent a powerful electrical shock to the lady, reviving her. "Damn it. Not again. I'm running out of time." 

The lady got up from her chair and walked over to a nearby monitor. She then brought up an interface that showed the levels in her unique life-support machine. And to her great annoyance, it showed that the fuel levels were nearly empty. Growling, the lady slammed her fist into the console, nearly destroying it.

"Soon. Soon I'll have what I've always wanted. But first, a test to see if the Mercs and Talon are truly worth my time." With that said, the lady retreated into the darkness, ready to continue her plans. Yet, she was unaware an old acquaintance was listening to her this whole time.  

Mercs and Overwatch Heroes

"So, why did you become a sniper, Mr. Mundy?" Mei asked as Tracer flew the Orca to their destination. 

"Sniping is a good job, mate. It's challenging work; outdoors. I guarantee you won't go hungry 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is going to want someone dead." 

"That's, unfortunately, true. The part about people constantly wanting others dead, I mean." Mercy said before clarifying.

"Eh, true or not, it still brings in lots of money."

"Do you go around taking any bounty you see?" Roadhog asked.

"Nah. I only take bounties that want me to go after blokes that need a bullet in their heads, like some corrupt politicians or molesters."

"That's good." Pharah said.

"But do you ever feel bad about the families of the ones you killed caused by your chaotic behaviors and barbaric ways of ending someone's life?" Symmetra asked. 

"Tch, feelings?" Sniper asked, sounding slightly offended. "Look, mates. You know who has lots of feelings. Folks who bludgeon their wives to death with a golf trophy."

"Then how would you describe yourself?" Reaper asked, feeling slightly off-put by Sniper's description of people with 'feelings.'

"I'm a professional. And professionals have standards." 

"Like?" Reinhardt asked, curious.

"Be polite. Be efficient. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet." 

"Does that include dousing people with your piss?" Sombra asked, glaring at Sniper.

"Yeah. Got to have some way of dealing with those pesky snakes trying to sneak up behind ya and backstab you." 

"By snakes, I presume you mean Spy?" Winston asked.

"Yup. He's got some fancy tech like this feisty one here. And the piss will reveal him to everyone." Sniper explained, earning a growl from Sombra.

"Disgusting but effective, wouldn't you say, Roadie?" Junkrat asked, cackling. 

"Yeah." Roadhog answered.

"Effective or not, I would still need you to come to my office so I can examine you, Mr. Mundy." Mercy said.

"Sure thing, doc." Sniper answered.

"You know, seeing Sniper in action has me curious." D.Va said, getting everyone's attention.

"About what?" Brigitte asked.

"Which team has the best sniper? Ours or theirs." D.Va answered, pointing between Ana, Widowmaker, and Sniper.

"It would be interesting to see who is the better marksman." Ana said.

"Just so long as he keeps that filthy jar and its contents away from us." Widowmaker added.

"No promises." Sniper said, smirking.

"But what about Hanzo?" Zenyatta asked, curious.

"What about me?" Hanzo asked.

"Do you not consider him a sniper?"

"I do. But it's not the same. And I want to see who has the better rifle." D.Va explained.

"Are you saying I can't outperform someone because I have a bow and arrow?" Hanzo asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"N-no. I-"

"Listen here, you little ankle-biter. Just because someone uses a different weapon doesn't mean they can't kill you." Sniper said. But before D.Va could make a retort for the name, she stopped when she saw Sniper reach into his bag and pull out a bow and arrow. "But if you're so keen on making it an even playing field, so to speak, we can make that happen."

"Wait. You know how to wield the bow and arrow?" Hanzo asked, surprised.

"Yup. I call this beaut the Huntsman." Sniper said, smiling at his bow.

"More fitting name is Lucksman." Heavy commented, with Medic agreeing as they both remembered all the cheeky kills Sniper got from using the bow and arrow.

"Very well. When we have the time, we shall see whose bow skill is superior." Hanzo said with his tattoos briefly glowing. 

'Okay, loves. This is your captain speaking. We should be arriving in Boston, Massachusetts, in about a half hour. And then give us a few minutes, and we'll land near Fenway Park.'  Tracer said over the intercoms.

"That should give us enough time for you three to give us some info on your teammates." Soldier 76 said.

"Very well. What would you like to know?" Heavy asked.

"From their names alone, we know what they specialize in." Reaper began. "But we would like to know how they do so." 

"Scout is the little bugger that likes to get in, hit hard with his scattergun, and get out before anyone notices or could react." Sniper began.

"And ze Spy is a man of mystery. He can cloak and disguise as anyone he pleases. And when I say this, I mean he can become a perfect copy of the person as he can mimic their voice." Medic added. 

"Spy also has device to destroy machines and knows how to kill others with one strike." Heavy finished.

"So, that's why you asked if we already picked him up when you 'heard' Sombra sneaking around earlier." Lucio said with Sniper nodding.

"Yup. We had to deal with a snake like that for a long time that we had to develop a method of tracking him down."

"What did you call it?" Genji asked.

"We never really gave it name. We simply called it spy-checking." Heavy answered.

"Think you can teach me your methods?" Widowmaker asked, glancing at Sombra.

"Sure." Sniper grinned with Medic and Heavy chuckling.

Meanwhile

Little League Park, Near Fenway Park

'That's my boy.'  A figure thought as he watched a young man that appeared to be in his mid-twenties teaching some kids how to play baseball. However, if anyone knew their music history and were paying close attention, they would become confused as the figure should be nothing more than dust now. The figure in question was the singer Tom Jones. 

"Way to go, Slugger." The young man said as the kid he was helping hit the ball. "And it looks like this was the farthest you hit the ball."

"Thanks, Jeremy." The kid said, smiling.

"Hey, no problem, kid. Now go run to your parents. Training is over for today." Jeremy said. 

"See you next week." The kid said before running home.

"Ah, kids." Jeremy, AKA Scout, said, chuckling. Once the kid left the field, Scout turned to the bleachers and headed toward 'Tom Jones.' "Enjoying yourself, Spy?"

"Indeed." Spy said as his disguise faded to reveal he was wearing the same outfit he wore while working for Red Team. "Although, I'm still surprised you didn't continue trying to go for the major leagues." 

"Eh, I got tired of trying to get recruited. And then, after seeing some of the deals they offered, I figured it wasn't worth it."

"But you still wanted to stick to something baseball related."

"Yup. And teaching some kids the joys of playing baseball was the next best thing."

"Will I ever see grandkids in the future?" Spy asked with a smirk.

"Not likely, considering my heart goes to Miss. Pauling. Even though we hadn't seen her since we defeated the TFC team."

"Anyway, let's head to our homes. It was a long day, and we both deserve a rest." 

"You said it." Scout said as the duo left the field and walked toward the respective homes. However, a couple of minutes into their walk, Scout became deep in thought. "Hey, Spy."

"Yes, Jeremy?"

"Do you think we will ever see the others again?" 

"I'm not sure, Jeremy. We did lose contact a while back, and I have not recently seen any reports or news articles involving our teammates. The last one I read that mentioned our friends was a few months ago when Sniper bagged some poachers." 

"I wonder if it would be possible to get together at one point."

"It would be nice seeing them again, even the bushman." 

"And what about mumbles?"

"Yes, even the abomination." Spy said, shuddering as the memories of the arsonist burning him alive came to mind. But he snapped back to attention when he and Scout heard the sounds of an aircraft approaching. Looking at the sky, they noticed it was an Orca the recently reestablished Overwatch group used to travel. Thinking that something terrible was about to happen, which generally involved Talon, Spy and Scout raced toward where the Orca was heading. 

Other Mercs and Overwatch Heroes

"We're here, loves." Tracer said as she blinked in front of the others.

"And not a moment too soon. I can't wait to meet Spy and Scout." D.Va said. "They seem like they enjoy having a good time. Well, Scout, anyway."

"And thank you three for the wonderful advice on how to spy check." Windowmaker said with a smirk while eyeing Sombra. 

"No problem. Be sure to put it to good use." Sniper said as Sombra slowly moved away from them. 

"I will."

"So, where can we meet your teammates?" Reinhardt asked as they waited for the Orca doors to open.

"We don't need to go anywhere. Here comes the Scout." Sniper answered, pointing to the distance where two figures were running toward them.

"And the other figure?" Reaper asked.

"You'll see." Medic answered as he, Sniper, and Heavy walked off the Orca to greet the two.

"Hey, hey, hey. It looks like we got here just in time." Scout said as he and the other figure reached the Orca. "Where's the fire?"

"Good to see you too, you little ankle biter." Sniper said, chuckling as he tipped his hat.

"Same here, camper." Scout said, laughing. "And good to see you too, Lard Ass and Doc."

"Good to see, Tiny Baby Man." Heavy said, smiling.

"It's sssoooo good to see one of my earlier experiments. I wonder if all my adjustments are still working. I'm sure they are, but it wouldn't hurt to perform some invasive exploratory surgery on you, Scout." Medic grinned while pulling on the bottom of his medical glove and letting go a second later, resulting in a loud snap. The sound caused a shiver to go down all the Overwatch heroes' spines while the Mercs simply laughed. 

"Ah, doctor, doctor, doctor. Never change." Scout said, smiling. 

"Well, aside from that line, that makes me fear and worry for any of Ludwig's patients." Ana said, stepping to the side while grabbing Pharah's hand. "You must be the Scout."

"That's right. I am the Scout here, and don't you forget it." Scout said, opening his arms wide and basking in his ego.

"Then, who is your friend here?" Symmetra asked.

"We'll give one hint." Heavy said before turning to the figure and nodding. The figure nodded back before taking out what seemed to be a notepad and opening it. And to the Overwatch members' shock, smoke covered the figure momentarily before fading to reveal the figure now precisely resembling Reaper. 

"Wow." Lucio, Junkrat, Mei, D.Va, and Tracer said, amazed. And the rest are speechless while Reaper silently fumes. 

"That's amazing." Cassidy said, rubbing his eyes. 

"Thanks." The fake 'Reaper' said, further shocking everyone as even the voice was precisely the same as the real one. 

"You know, now that I can see you in a different light, you are definitely wearing too much black, dad." Sombra said, looking up and down at the real Reaper and the fake one.

"So I take it you are the Spy." The actual Reaper said, clenching his fists and silently praying for god to give him patience.

"Oui. I am the Spy." The figure answered as his disguise faded to reveal his true form.

"Good to see you, snake." Sniper said.

"Same here, bushman." Spy said before turning to Heavy and Medic. "Hello, Mikhail. Ludwig."

"Spy." Medic ad Heavy replied.

"That's amazing. How do you do that?" D.Va asked.

"A trade secret that involved years of practice." Spy answered.

"Can you disguise yourself as anyone?" Lucio asked.

"Yes. But I would need to know what they look like and how they sound for it to work. Other than that, there is no limit as to who I can disguise." 

"Now, that's a mighty useful ability to have." Junkrat said.

"Indeed."

"So what brings you three here along with Overwatch?" Scout asked.

"And on such short notice, might I add." Spy said.

"Talon got their hands on something you two had a run-in with in the past." Soldier 76 answered.

"Australium." Spy and Scout simultaneously said.

"And we fear Talon might bring our Classic counterparts along with  special  help." Heavy added with Spy and Scout catching the hidden meaning.

"Yeah, that's bad." Scout said.

"That explains your sudden arrival. You three are getting the team back together to stop Talon." Spy said.

"Well, it started after uncle here saved my comrades and me from Talon's machines. He then discovered the australium powering the robots and decided it would be best to get his old team together." Zarya answered.

"Wait, your Heavy's niece?" Scout asked, surprised.

"Little bear is my niece. It's long story." Heavy said.

"Now that you two know what we are dealing with, are you willing to join?" Reaper asked. Scout and Spy looked at each other for a moment before shrugging.

"Sure."

"Yes."

"Welcome aboard loves." Tracer shouted.

"Do you need anything before we leave?" Mercy asked.

"Nah, not really. We travel light." Scout answered.

"A habit from our days working on Red Team." Spy added.

"Alright then. Get on, and we can head back to base to refuel before looking for the rest of your teammates." Soldier 76 said. Spy and Scout nodded before boarding the Orca, followed by the others. However, before the Orca could close its doors, a sudden explosion caught everyone's attention. 

*BOOM*

"What the bloody hell was that?" Sniper asked as they saw a black cloud of dust rise from nearby. 

"I don't know. But we better check it out." Pharah said while loading her rockets.

"Wait a minute. It's coming from where the orphanage is." Scout said, horrified.

"Then we have no time to lose. Tracer, Lucio, D.Va, Reinhardt. You four go on ahead and try and save as many kids as possible." Soldier 76 ordered.

"On it." They said before running/charging toward their destination. 

"Pharah. Grab Ana and Sniper and bring them to the top of one of these buildings, where they would have a clear vantage point of the orphanage. I feel like we would need it. Hanzo, Widowmaker. Go with them."

"Keep the piss inside you." Pharah said before grabbing Sniper and Ana and taking them to the top of the nearby buildings, followed by Widowmaker and Hanzo. 

"The rest of you- Where's he going?" Soldier 76 began but asked when he saw Scout running toward the orphanage at speeds he wasn't expecting. Even Tracer was having a hard time keeping up with Scout.

"There is reason he is called Scout." Heavy said, smirking.

"Anyway." Soldier 76 said, shaking his head. "We better hurry and board the Orca. The others will be able to hold Talon or whoever is attacking off until we get there."

Nodding, everyone boarded the Orca while preparing themselves for the battle; unaware someone was watching and recording the entire thing.

Orphanage

"Something is not right." The Talon commander in charge of the invasion said as she observed the area Talon destroyed. She knew Talon was ruthless when it came to achieving their goals, but going after an orphanage wasn't something even Talon wouldn't do. Doomfist even made it known in several meetings that Talon would never harm orphanages. To the commander, it seemed something that Moira would authorize. "But orders are orders."

"We secured all the kids and adults in the building, mam." A Talon Enforcer reported, walking up to the commander.

"Good."

"Permission to speak, mam."

"Granted."

"Remind me again, why are we attacking this random orphanage and securing everyone inside?" 

"Honestly, I don't know anymore. We received an order to clear out this building, wipe out any resistance, and secure anybody inside. And then search for this weird gold-colored rock/bar thing that can supposedly power all of our machinery. But why on earth would it be in an orphanage? Something is not right here."

"I'll say. Doomfist banned Moira from ordering any more missions after the last one, which ended in disaster." 

"But orders are orders. Get back to your post. We need to keep this area secured until we find this rock." The commander ordered.

"Yes, mam." The Enforcer said. However, as soon as he turned around, he noticed something in the distance that was closing in fast. But he never got the chance to figure it out as a bullet ended his life.

"What the? IT'S OVERWATCH! EVERYONE! GET YOUR ASSES TO THE FRONT LINE AND FEND THEM OFF UNTIL THE OTHERS FIND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR!" The Talon commander barked. But as soon as she said this, three more Talon troops fell to the ground. One was killed by a rocket, the second by an arrow, and the final one by another bullet. 

Mercs and Heroes

"There they are. The Talon bastards." Scout shouted as he ran toward the orphanage while holding his scattergun.

"We should think of a plan, Scout." Reinhardt wheezed out as he tried to keep pace.

"I have a plan. Don't get hit and free the kids." Scout said as he continued running despite Talon starting to fire at them. 

Knowing Talon would probably use the kids as a shield, Scout decided to keep Talon's focus on him while the others freed the hostages. But that didn't mean he would not inflict pain and humiliate Talon. Ducking and weaving through the cars and rubble, Scout dodged all the bullets and missiles Talon sent his way until he was up close and personal with them.

"EAT IT, TALON!" Scout mocked as he ran up to two Talon Enforcers, shot them point-blank, and ducked out before anyone could hit him. Seeing a Talon Assassin heading for him, Scout double jumped out of the way before firing two shots at the Assassin's head, killing it. "HA HA! MISS ME!"

"WHAT YOU IDIOTS DOING!? KILL THAT, HUH!?" The Talon commander shouted, infuriated that her troops couldn't land a single hit on this scrawny kid. But her attention shifted when she heard a frightful whimper nearby. Looking behind her, she realized the kid was acting as a distraction to allow the other Overwatch members to free the hostages. "DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!"

"GET BEHIND ME, EVERYONE! I WILL BE YOUR SHIELD!" Reinhardt declared while bringing his arm up and activating his shield. 

"Calm down, kids. Everything will be alright." Lucio said as he played some soothing music to try and keep the kids calm despite the situation. "Tracer."

"Yeah."

"We got this. Go and help Scout." 

"Are you sure? Scout seems like he's got everything under control. And you could use some extra firepower." Tracer asked before shooting some Talon Troopers that tried to flank them.

"I'm sure. D.Va can provide enough firepower, while Reinhardt's shield should keep us safe. And I can give us a speed boost so we can get out of here quicker." 

"Alright. But be careful, loves." Tracer said before blinking toward Scout.

"Woah. Got some fancy tech there." Scout said before blasting three more Talon Enforcers with meatshots to the face.

"Yeah, Winston made it for me." Tracer said before blinking behind some Talon Troops and gunning them down. 

"You'll have to tell me about it later." 

"You betcha."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING!?" The Talon commander shouted, furious that two kids managed to kill off most of her unit without taking a scratch. Spotting a briefcase nearby, she ran over and opened it to reveal a launcher. The Talon commander picked it up and aimed it at Tracer and Scout. But before she could pull the trigger, someone shot it out of her hands.

"How's about ya call it a day?" Sniper shouted as he waved from a nearby building. Next to him were Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Ana, each supporting the others and taking out potential threats. But it was evident that Sniper had them beat in number of kills. 

"Doomfist will want to know about this." The Talon commander said before running over to a nearby Talon vehicle to call for backup. 

However, she became confused when it wouldn't activate. Figuring it got hit in the crossfire, The Talon commander ran to where she had her unit place some emergency communication devices and radios. But, just like with the vehicle, each wouldn't activate. The Talon commander wondered what could have caused this but got her answer when she felt a tipped blade pressed against her neck.

"You won't be telling anyone about this." The voice said before the owner plunged a butterfly knife into the commander's back, piercing the spine and killing her instantly. The body fell over to reveal Spy, cleaning his knife while retrieving his sapper. Hearing a low growling from behind him, Spy quickly turned around and fired a shot from his Ambassador into the head of an Assassin who tried to sneak up on him. 

"Damn. Now that's a revolver." Cassidy said as he and the other Overwatch heroes finally arrived. They would have arrived earlier but had to land a bit farther than expected due to Talon firing at them. "Mind telling me who gave it to you?"

"Trade secret. But the person is also dead." Spy answered.

"Shame."

"Enough talking. We need to help the others." Reaper said before firing his shotguns.

Nodding, some Overwatch members rushed in to help Scout and Tracer distract Talon while the others helped escort the hostages to safety. Talon, seeing that Overwatch and their new help surrounding them decided it would be best if they tried to retreat to a better position. However, this proved nearly impossible as Sniper, Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Ana kept picking off any stragglers. And any time they tried to retaliate, Spy would backstab them before slipping away. Knowing they were trapped and outgunned, the remaining Talon members dropped their guns and surrendered. Unfortunately, before Reaper or Soldier 76 could give the order to tie the Talon Troops up, the sounds of a dropship approaching caught their attention. And from the ships came six Talon Heavy Assault Troops and eight Talon Assassins. 

"SHIT! GET TO COVER!" Reaper ordered before turning into his wraith form to get to cover safely.

"Oi, Scout. You're hurt badly." Tracer said, noticing that Scout had a few bullet holes in his arms.

"Oh, didn't notice that." He said, sounding surprised. "Hey, doc. Come on, man."

"Hold still, Scout. This will only hurt for a moment." Medic said before firing his Syring Gun at Scout, healing him and making the wounds fade.

"I never had a problem before with needles. Now, I think I might." Tracer said, face pale as she watched Scout pull the giant syringe out of his arm.  

"Surprisingly, they don't hurt." Scout said, surprising Tracer as he threw the needle to the side. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, although that could just be from years of Medic shooting needles at me."

"MEDIC! HOW LONG UNTIL YOUR HEALING GUN IS READY!?" Soldier 76 shouted.

"Almost ready. Give it a few more minutes." Medic shouted as he healed everyone to full overheal to charge his medigun faster.

"You heard him. Hold out for a few more minutes, and we can push forward." However, everyone nearly froze in horror when they heard a young kid crying. Peeking around their cover, everyone saw a child, about eight years old, hiding behind an overturned car. 

"Looks like we don't have a few moments." Pharah said, firing a few rockets before quickly retreating to cover.

"But how are we going to get to the kid? If we step out, we'll get gunned down instantly." Mei asked.

"Reinhardt, D.Va, Symmetra, Zarya. Do you think your shield will be able to last long enough?" Mercy asked.

"Even if we combine them at the right moment, we won't be able to make it past a few feet before they go down." Zarya answered before turning to Heavy. "Uncle. Do you have any ideas?"

"Yes. Scout." Heavy shouted. 

"Gotcha." Scout said, smirking. 

"You're not seriously thinking about going out there. It's suicide." Sombra asked, shocked.

"Watch and learn." Scout said, pulling out a soda can and opening it.

"Bonk: Atomic Rush? I never heard of that drink before." Symmetra said, causing Scout to laugh nervously.

"Yeah. But for your safety, never drink this. It's not exactly safe." Scout said before drinking the contents in one go. And as soon as he finished, an aura covered his body. "Let's do this."

"WAIT!" The overwatch heroes shouted as Scout left his cover.

"UN-FREAKIN'-TOUCHABLE!" Scout shouted as he ran toward the kid, confusing everyone as, despite the Heavy Assault units firing at him, none of the bullets seemed to connect. 

"How is he doing that?" Mercy asked.

"And what was in that drink?" Brigitte asked.

"That is something only Scout can do after drinking his Bonk drink." Medic explained.

"What would happen if we drank it?" Genji asked.

"I would not recommend that unless you wish a painful death, as Bonk contains pure radiation." Medic explained with a chuckle.

"GOT THE KID!" Scout shouted as he picked up the kid and ran back toward the others.

"I AM FULLY CHARGED!" Medic shouted when his Medigun alerted him.

"Once Scout gets back, activate it." Solider 76 said with Medic nodding. 

"Ya can't hit what ain't dere!" Scout mocked as he delivered the kid the Mercy. 

"Danke." Mercy said as she began accessing the kid for any injuries. Scout nodded before running back to his spot. However, the Heavy Assault units, annoyed, decided to try a different tactic to deal with Scout. They shifted their aim to a car and fired at it. The result was the vehicle exploding with enough force to send Scout flying away. Thankfully, the Bonk: Atomic Ruch effect was still active, preventing Scout from getting hurt. 

"WOAH!" Scout shouted as the explosion sent him over the nearby buildings.

"He will be fine. Scout has gone through far worse." Spy assured the others. 

"If you say so." Mei said, unsure.

"It's Team Time, doctor." Heavy said, smiling.

"Get zem. Raus, Raus!" Medic said, activating the Ubercharge as Heavy ran into the open. 

"HA, HA, HA! RUN COWARDS!"  Heavy shouted as he fired Sasha at the Heavy Assault units. With no cover and limited mobility, the Heavy Assault units accepted their fate and let the two hundred dollar custom cartridge bullets tear them to shreds. The Assassins fared slightly better, but Spy put them down with a shot to the head from the Ambassador. And the ones he missed, the rest of the Overwatch heroes, took care of and eliminated.

"Is everyone okay?" Mercy asked as she healed the members who were hurt.

"Yeah, we're okay, Mercy." Mei answered.

"But what about Scout?" Sombra asked.

"Scout is fine. He will join us in a moment." Spy assured before a noise attracted their attention to a nearby wrecked car. A moment later, a Talon Enforcer stood up. "In the meantime, we should check to see if any Talon agents remain in the building." 

"Right. Cassidy, Sombra, Mercy, Zarya, Mei, Symmetra. Go inside the orphanage and check for any Talon agents and kids they might have missed." Reaper ordered. "We'll deal with this guy."

"Right." They said before heading into the building.

"Now. I think you know how this goes." Reaper said, cracking his knuckles as he approached the Talon agent.

"Oh, I know. But if I'm going down, I'm taking at least one of you with me." The Talon agent declared before bringing up a grenade launcher and firing it with the grenade hitting Spy and exploding on impact, causing chunks of his body to go everywhere. However, while the Overwatch heroes were horrified, the Mercs were unfazed. Seeing this as his chance to escape, the Talon agent threw the launcher at everyone before running as fast as possible. But before he could get far, a baseball hit him on the head, stunning him.

"BOOM! I'M BACK, DUMMY!" Scout declared as he ran up to the others before picking up his baseball.

"Scout. You're alive and unharmed." Brigitte said, surprised.

"The power of Bonk." Scout said with a smirk as he rested his Sandman bat on his shoulder.

"Augh. What did I just get hit with?" The Talon agent said, turning around once the stars swarming his vision faded. But before he could do anything, a loud buzzing sound caught everyone's attention as Spy appeared from thin air next to the Talon Agent.

"You got hit with a Sandman Ball. And it seems like you chose death." Spy said before delivering three swift stabs to the Talon Agent's body, killing him. Spy then cleaned his knife before turning to the others. "I told you Scout was okay."

"But how are you not dead?" Pharah asked, shocked.

"Simple. I used my Dead Ringer. It allows me to feign my death and leave a fake body of myself behind to confuse others." Spy explained while showing off his Dead Ringer.

"I'm starting to think you guys can do the impossible, like bringing someone back from the dead." Junkrat said.

"Outside of our respawn machines, yeah. Medic brought me back to life after I died." Sniper said as he, Widowmaker, Hanzo, and Ana arrived.

"Now, that sounds like an interesting story, uncle." Zarya said as she, Cassidy, Sombra, Mercy, Mei, and Symmetra exited the building.

"We'll tell you on trip to our next teammate's location." Heavy said.

"What did you all find?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Thankfully, nothing. No Talon Agents and no other hostages or kids left behind. Everyone is safe." Symetra answered.

"But they did leave behind some tech I can hack to gain some useful information. Be right back." Sombra added before disappearing. 

"Now that we're done here, where to next and who are we picking up after we refuel?" Tracer asked.

"We should probably get our explosives friends first." Spy said to his fellow Mercs.

"Not looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to finally trying that Scotch of his." Scout added.

"Did I hear explosives?" Junkrat asked, cackling. "Who are we picking up next?"

"Our friends, the Demoman and Soldier." The Mercs answered.

Notes:

The Next Chapter will have the crazed, jingoistic patriot from Midwest, USA. AKA The Soldier. And it will also have the Black Scottish Cyclops, The Demoman. After them, it will be the Pyro and Engineer.
Also, does anybody have any ideas/suggestions on what the debt the Administrator is trying to get rid off could be?
Lastly, some items/weapons will have their previous stats. Example: The Sandman being able to stun enemies instead of making them slightly slower.

Chapter 6: Chapter 6

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"Our friends, the Demoman and Soldier." The Mercs answered.

"A demolition's man. This will be interesting." Cassidy said.

"Looks like we will have another soldier joining the group. I wonder if he's willing to trade with me some of the stories about his adventures or how he trained with his unit." Pharah wondered.

"I wonder if he is as patriotic as Soldier 76?" D.Va asked, momentarily making the Mercs  NOT  want to pick up Soldier. After all, he is the very definition of taking patriotism to the extreme. There was a reason why some of the Mercs initially lied to Soldier and said they were American when they were not. And while they could definitely handle his dwindling insanity and crazed personality, they were not sure if the Overwatch members were ready for him. And Heavy was the most worried out of all of them as he did not want to risk his little bear getting hurt from his brother-in-law's recklessness. That's why they want to pick up Demo first, as he could significantly help the other Mercs keep Solider in line since they were best friends. 

"Uh, ahem. I think it would be wise if we first drop off some of the children back at your base." Medic nervously said.

"Hey. We're not children." D.Va pouted, causing the others to laugh.

"Why?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Uh. You're going to have to trust us. All of you will understand when you see Soldier." Sniper said, not looking forward to Soldier blowing him up or having to jump out of a once perfectly fine Orca that is now on fire and plummeting because of Soldier. 

"And what of this Demoman?" Symmetra asked.

"You mean cyclops? Oh, put it simply, he is a bomb-throwing drunk." Scout answered as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"He's a drunk?" Widowmaker asked, not liking the idea of a drunk throwing or handling explosives.

"That's understatement." Heavy said.

"How so?" Reinhardt asked.

"It's a bit difficult to understand without knowing firsthand the events that forced us into the situation. But to give you the best example of how drunk Demoman can get, he once gave robots alcohol poisoning despite not having any alcohol for a week." Medic explained, shocking the Overwatch members.

"Don't forget how Demoman nearly turned his insides into distilleries." Heavy reminded.

"Ah, yes. I almost forgot about that. I'll have to examine Demoman later to see why he can, on demand, turn his insides into distilleries. And I also have to open up Scout to see what allows him to drink his Bonk without suffering any of the consequences relating to radiation." Medic said, sounding eager, now worrying the older Overwatch members while the younger looked like they were about to lose the lunch.

"Your-You're not serious, are you?" Mercy stuttered.

"Quite, fraulein."

"But, yes. That describes our teammate, the Demoman, perfectly." Spy said, hoping to calm the Overwatch members. "Despite being an alcoholic, he is a somewhat-functioning person able to do his job and knows when to get serious." 

It did not.

"Well. Um. Okay." Ana said, not liking how casually the Mercs talked about their teammates.

"Yes. Let's drop off some of our younger members first and refuel the Orca. We can then head for the Soldier and Demoman next." Reaper said, internally worried for Widowmaker and Sombra.

"But who should we take with us?" Brigitte asked.

"I would say bring some blokes who can block a lot of damage and some healers. The rest is up to you folks." Sniper answered.

"Alright." Reaper said before turning to Tracer. "How much fuel do we have left?" 

"That would depend on where we are going next." Tracer said.

"First to pick up Demoman. He lives in Ullapool, Scotland." Heavy answered.

"And Soldier?" Mei asked.

"He lives in castle that he turned into sanctuary in Midwest, USA."

"Why don't we go for him first before Demoman?" Sombra asked.

"Well, we need Demoman to help keep Soldier in line. They're best friends, and when they are together, there is less of a chance of all of us blowing up, or them blowing something up." Sniper answered.

"Plus, after we pick up those two, we would only have two colleagues remaining. And they are in Texas." Spy added.

"Okay, then. If that's the case, we can head back to base to refuel the Orca. And tomorrow, we head to Scotland since it's getting late." Soldier 76 said, surprising everyone. But everyone realized why Soldier 76 said tomorrow as the sun began to set. And if it were getting late here in Boston, it would be barely past midnight in Scotland, which was a couple of hours away. However, there was one thing they needed to discuss before they could leave.

"Uh, where should we take the children?" D.Va asked, wondering since there the orphanage was in ruins. 

"I have already made a call to-," Symmetra began but stopped when the air suddenly grew thick.

"Unless you want to say goodbye to your kneecaps, you best not say the Vishkar Corporation." Scout warned, loading fresh shells into his scattergun. And he wasn't alone. The other Mercs also raised their weapons and aimed them at Symmetra, almost daring her to continue. 

"Uncle?" Zarya asked, confused.

"We had run-in with Vishkar in past. Was not nice." He answered in a grim tone. 

"That's an understatement." Sniper added, never lowering his rifle. 

"What do you know about Vishkar?" Symmetra asked.

"We know enough." Spy answered. "Far more than they were willing to tell you, Satya Vaswani." 

"Very well. I guess we can call some other organization to bring the kids to their new home." Symmetra said, slightly annoyed. While her faith in Vishkar changed considerably due to Zenyatta opening her mind and the articles Sombra showed her; she still did not appreciate people bad-mouthing the company that saved her from poverty and hunger despite it being for ulterior motives. 

"Do you guys know of any?" Genji asked.

"Yes, but none of them are here. The only orphanage here in Boston was this one." Spy answered.

"So, what then?" D.Va asked. "Do we take them to another place or back to place?"

"Actually, I know of someone who could help us." Mercy answered.

Apparently, Mercy was in contact with several people that could send support to relocate the children to a safer place. However, they needed to wait for hours before the organization could arrive. And to prevent any incidents from occurring, Soldier 76 and Reaper had the Mercs wait in the Orca until everything was over. Luckily, the helpers arrived quicker than expected, and within three hours, the Mercs and Overwatch members were returning to Gibraltar Base. Although, the trip was anything but pleasant as the Mercs continued to glare at Symmetra. Thankfully, because Tracer was an experienced pilot, they arrived after two hours.

"Now, this is a base." Scout said, impressed, as everyone exited the Orca.

"What were your previous bases like?" Sombra asked.

"Shacks that were barely hospitable." Sniper answered.

"I'm honestly surprised we never died as a result from living at those bases." Spy added, remembering the times Redmond Mann had R.E.D. Team go to remote places like Coldfront and Altitude. They had to rely on Pyro's flamethrower for warmth and to cook their meals and drinks until Engineer finished constructing the necessary equipment for them to survive. And those memories were some of the  more pleasant  ones. 

"Was it that bad, uncle?" Zarya asked. 

"Worse. Be glad you have base like this." Heavy answered.

"So, uh. What now?" Scout asked.

"Get some rest since it's late. Tomorrow, we'll decide who to bring with us to pick up your next teammate." Reaper answered.

"And follow Heavy and Medic to their rooms. Your rooms will be the ones next to them." Soldier 76 added.

"Uh, Angela." Tracer said, getting her attention.

"Yes, Tracer?" Mercy asked.

"Didn't you say you were going to give the Mercs some examinations?"

"Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me, Lena. But I'll save it until we have their entire team on base. Less trouble, and I won't have to repeat setting up all the necessary equipment." 

"Uh, doc. You might want to inform their doc about our  other  teammate, as I doubt it will let her examine it. And I doubt Overwatch wants to be scrambling to put out a fire." Sniper whispered, so only his fellow Mercs heard him.

"Aheh. I'll inform her. But we better also tell the Engineer about that. He could calm Pyro down enough to allow Mercy to examine it." Medic answered, shuddering as memories of the first time it examined Pyro came to his mind. He was thankful the team had just received a fresh shipment of medical supplies, including a large amount of burn medication. 

"Hey, Scout." Lucio said, getting the Boston Boy's attention.

"Yeah?" He asked as Lucio and Tracer came running up to him.

"We saw how fast you ran back in Boston. Care for a quick race before heading to bed?" Tracer asked.

"Sure, what the heck. I guess I can spare a few moments to show you two how great I am." Scout said, smirking. "But you're going to have to help me find my room since I'm new here, obviously."

"Of course." Tracer and Lucio said before running into the base with Scout dashing after them.

"Is he always egotistical?" Ana asked.

"Little man is, but he is much better than before." Heavy answered.

"Indeed." Spy said, internally happy at seeing how much his son had grown since first becoming a mercenary. With that said, Spy and Sniper followed Medic and Heavy to their rooms while the Overwatch members headed to theirs. And tonight, the Mercs experienced some of the best sleep they ever had. 

Next Day

6:00 A.M.

"Okay. Is everyone ready?" Soldier 76 asked as they waited for Tracer to bring the Orca around.

"You bet ya." Scout said, still half-excited at beating Lucio in the race but losing to Tracer by a tenth of a millisecond. Yet, he wasn't going to let that damper his mood. 

"How are you so full of energy at this hora impía?" Sombra asked before taking a sip of her coffee. What the others learned on day one of Sombra and Widowmaker joining Overwatch was that Sombra was not a morning person. 

"Our work generally required us to get up at early hours and work until midnight. So, we're used to this." Spy explained. 

"Is there anything we need to know about your teammate?" Baptiste asked. After going over a few details and having breakfast, the Overwatch members decided who would be going to Scotland. They ultimately decided on Mercy, Baptiste, Reinhardt, Zarya, Roadhog, Junkrat, Sombra, Soldier 76, and Reaper. 

"He's drunk, and he is good with explosives and swords. That's all you really need to know about Demoman." Scout answered. 

"He knows how to use a sword?" Roadhog asked.

"Yes. Demo knows how to wield sword and take others' heads." Heavy answered. 

"I wonder how they will react when they find out about the secret of Demo's sword." Scout whispered to his fellow Mercs, causing them to chuckle. 

"And what of Soldier?" Reinhardt asked.

"He's a crazy rocket-hoppin simpleton." Sniper answered.

"You'll understand better once you meet him." Medic said before the Overwatch members could question further. They stilled like they were about to ask more questions but didn't as the Orca landed with Tracer blinking in front of them a second later. 

"All aboard the Orca loves. Next stop, Ullapool, Scotland." Tracer said before blinking inside the ship. The Mercs and Overwatch members were about to get on but nearly jumped back in surprise when Tracer suddenly reappeared in front of them.

"Uh, what part of Ullapool, Scotland?" She asked, curious.

"Do you have map?" Heavy asked. Tracer nodded before blinking into the base and returning a second later. Heavy thanked her before opening the map and pointing toward their destination. "Here."

"Oh, he lives by the coast. Nice." Tracer said, closing the map. "Okay, loves. Get on, and we'll be off in a moment."

"So, Uncle." Zarya said, getting Heavy's attention as they boarded the Orca and took their seats.

"Yes, little bear?"

"Care to tell us the story about how your Sniper died and how Medic brought him back to life." 

"Sure. It started after the Robot Wars when Gray Mann took over Mann Co." Heavy began, recalling the events. Soon, the other Mercs joined, filling in the gaps that the Heavy or Scout missed. But while the Mercs enjoyed a couple of good laughs at retelling the story, the Overwatch members were deeply concerned about their adventures, especially when they learned that their blood probably wasn't their own. And Mercy nearly passed out when Spy mentioned how Medic used his underwear as a sponge to soak up their blood before putting it back in the Mercs' bodies. 

Four Hours Later

'This is your captain speaking. If you look out the left side of the ship, you will see an impressive mansion/castle.'  Tracer said over the comms. 

"Wow. Your friend lives there?" Baptiste asked, shocked.

"да." Heavy answered.

"Did he live here all his life?" Reinhardt asked.

"Nien. Demo grew up in another part of Scotland before moving to America. He then eventually joined RED Team. After saving up enough money, he made this place so he and his elderly blind mother could have a place to stay and not worry about anything." Medic explained.

"That's sweet. She must have been grateful to have a son that cares so much." Mercy said, smiling.

"Uh, yeah. Grateful." Sniper said, recalling the few times he met Demo's mother. While she was thankful to have a roof over her head, she still berated Demo constantly and always called him a lazy sack. To this day, the rest of the Mercenaries wonder how Demo's father managed to hold down around thirty jobs and still have time for his family.

"Did something happen?" Roadhog asked.

"No, not really. Demo's mother was, how one would say, crazy and demanding. Even if you succeeded expectations, she wanted more." Heavy answered, unsure of how to explain it properly while also not wanting to give too much away as it was none of his business.

"Did it strain their relationship?" Soldier 76 asked.

"No. Despite her overbearing nature, they shared a strong bond." Spy answered.

"That's good." Reaper said as they felt the Orca land a moment later.

"Alright, we're here, loves." Tracer said, blinking into the center of the room while the Orca's door opened.

Nodding, everyone got up and exited the Orca before heading toward the mansion. Although, some of the Overwatch members became concerned by the numerous craters surrounding the property. Yet, the Mercs were unfazed as they knew what caused them. Plus, they learned from years of experience that Demoman knew what he was doing despite being an alcoholic. There was a reason why Redmond hired him. After all, if he were a bad Demoman, he wouldn't have been with them. After another couple of minutes, the Mercs and Overwatch members reached the front gate. 

"So, how should we do this, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"Simple, little bear." Heavy answered before pressing a cap that the Overwatch members just realized was the button for the intercom. However, they were not expecting the voice to come out of it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Wow. Talk about a snorer." Tracer said.

"Now-"Roadhog began but stopped when they heard another voice coming from the intercom.

"TAVISH! WAKE UP! THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE! ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE CHURROS BEFORE THEY FUCKING LEAVE! WAKE UP!"

"What was that?" Reinhardt asked, unsure what to make of what they had just heard. However, he and the others became slightly confused when they noticed the Mercs were unfazed by the shouting voice. 

"Figures the waste of good scotch would be drunk." Sniper said, surprising and worrying Mercy. 

"Isn't it a bit early to drink?" She asked, hoping they were only joking.

"Nah. It's never too early or too late for cyclops to get drunk." Scout answered.

"Has he ever not been drunk?" Roadhog asked.

"I don't think that ever been a time he wasn't drunk. I even recall having to adjust my medic examinations to account for Demoman's drunkenness." Medic answered.

"Have you ever tried to stage an intervention for him?" Mercy asked, causing all the Mercs to laugh for a solid minute.

"So, what now? Are we supposed just to wait until he sobers up?" Sombra asked, getting impatient.

"We could, but we have a better idea." Sniper answered before turning to Scout. "Hooligan. Think you can get in and wake Demo?"

"You bet ya, camper. Be right back." Scout answered before effortlessly double jumping over the gate and running into Demo's mansion.

"Are you sure that is a good idea? Not many would be keen to have someone break into their home, regardless if it is a friend." Soldier 76 asked.

"Don't worry about it. Scout has done this before." Spy assured.

"You mean breaking and entering someone's home or waking your friend up?" Baptiste asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Waking Demo up." Heavy answered.

"It was one of the few ways we had to ensure all of us could make in time to either a battle or meeting in time." Medic added. The Overwatch members still seemed unsure, but before they could ask any other questions, a loud banging caught their attention.

*BANG*

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!" A thick voice shouted.

"HA, HA! MISS ME!" Scout shouted as he came flying over the fence. The blur surrounding him told the Overwatch members he was under the effects of Bonk. "Done."

*BOOM*

"Okay. Now done." 

"What did you do?" Zarya asked.

"Don't worry about it." Scout answered.

'OI! WHO'S THERE?! SPEAK UP BEFORE I BLAST YOU INTO NEXT WEEK!'  A voice demanded over the intercom.

"You're welcome." Scout said, basking in his ego.

"Demoman." Heavy answered.

'What? Is that you, you grease-drippin' pork pie?'

'FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S EXPLOSIVE! ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE CHURROS!'  Another voice shouted.

'Ah, keep it down, ya rusty butter knife.'  Demo shouted.  'Is it really you, Heavy?'

"Да" Heavy answered.

"And it's not just him, knucklehead. The camper, snake, doc, and yours truly are here as well." Scout added.

'So it was the pint-sized mutt that woke me from me nap.'  Demo said, yet there was no malice in his drunken slur.  'So, what brings you all to my home?'

"We have a mission and are getting the team back together. We will tell you all about it once you come out. That is if you are willing to join us." Spy answered.

'Bloody hell. You're kidding me. Of course, I'll join ya. EYELANDER! YAE ROOSTY WEE BOOTER KNIFE! PUT YER SHEATH ON! WE'VE GOT A JOB!'  Demoman shouted with the intercom going off a second later.

"I wonder who he was talking to?" Zarya asked.

"You'll see." Heavy answered.

"Hopefully, he gets here soon. I can't wait to see what kind of explosives he uses." Junkrat cackled. 

"Speaking of which, you might want to take a step back." Sniper said. The Overwatch members were confused but did so anyway. And a second later, they heard an explosion followed by someone screaming. 

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" The voice continued to scream. Everyone looked toward where it was coming from and noticed a figure charging through the air over the mansion. And a second later, a figure wearing clothing similar to the other Mercs but had a vest with explosives strapped on landed in front of them. "HA! HA! IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK AND SEE ME, OLD MATES!"

"Good to see you too, ya drongo." Sniper said, cackling.

"How's that landing?" Demo asked before belching.

"A ten, considering you didn't break your legs like the dozens of other times on Badwater." Scout answered as Medic healed Demo.

"Um. Are you the Demoman?" Solider 76 asked, unsure.

"Ai. Demoman, at your service." Demo answered before taking a swig of his bottle.

"Don't ya mean drunken service?" Scout mocked.

"Keep talking, peep squeak, and I'll show that wee stick you call a gun right up ya arse." Demo warned. He then turned to the Overwatch members. "What do you all want, and why are you here?"

"We came to see if you're willing to rejoin your old team, each of whom joined Overwatch, to help stop Talon from getting their hands on something called Australium." Reaper answered.

"And to stop them from recruiting  others. " Heavy added. Demoman nodded, catching the hidden meaning behind Heavy's words. 

"Did they get their hands on any of it?" Demo asked, becoming serious. "And do you know how much?"

"Yes. Talon already has Australium powering some of their machines. But we don't know how much Australium Talon currently has." Reaper answered.

"When did you learn that Talon has it?"

"A few days ago. We were on a mission to wipe out a Talon base when they counter-attacked with some of their new machines. Had my uncle not been nearby, I would have died." Zarya began before smiling at Heavy. "After he helped us destroy them, he went and looked through the wreckage and found the Australium."

"Then we don't have much time. We better move it." Demo said. 

"So, are you willing to rejoin your teammates and help Overwatch stop Talon?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Leeeeet's do iiiiit!" Demo cheered while lifting his bottle into the sky.

"Welcome back, cyclops." Scout said.

"Good to be back, pipsqueak." Demo smirked. "Now what?"

"We board the Orca and pick up your next teammate." Reinhardt answered.

"Who are we picking up?" 

"Soldier." The other Mercs answered.

"Ah, good old, Solly. It's been a while since I have seen that man." Demo said, remembering some of the fun times he had with Soldier. "Well, let's get going, lads."

"Where is Soldier, exactly?" Tracer asked.

"Midwest, USA. Specifically, Nebraska. Soldier lives in a castle he 'took over' from a previous roommate." Medic half-lied. He did not want to deal with a certain 'wizard' at the moment.

"Where exactly in Nebraska?" 

"Southwest of Oglala National Grassland and northeast of Gilbert-Baker Wildlife Area." Sniper answered. "Right smack in the center."

"Now we get to see who is more patriotic. Gramps or your Soldier." Sombra said, causing Demo to freeze. Despite being best friends with Soldier, even Demoman knew how unstable Soldier could be at times. 

"Right. Be back in a blink." Tracer said before blinking away, only to reappear a second later. "Care for another race, Scout?"

"You bet ya." He said before dashing toward the Orac with Tracer.

"Uh, shouldn't we-" Demo began, but Heavy stopped him.

"Don't worry. It's for best they see Solider themselves."

"Plus, that's why we came to you first. We know you can help us keep Soldier in line." Medic added.

"Fair enough." Demo said before taking another swig of his drink.

"So you're the Demolitions man." Junkrat said, getting Demo's attention.

"Ai. That's right." 

"Care to show me some of your explosives?"

"And why do you have a shield and sword on your back." Baptiste added.

"I have a grenade launcher and sticky bomb launcher." Demoman began, taking out his stock grenade launcher and stock grenade launcher. 

"How far can you launch the explosives?" Junkrat excitedly asked.

"I'll show you." Demo aimed his grenade launcher away from the group and fired a pill that landed about ten feet away. It exploded a second later, leaving behind a decent size hole in the ground. Demoman then used his sticky launcher. But he charged it to its max before firing a sticky grenade about thirty feet away. After a second, he manually detonated it with the sticky bomb leaving behind a hole slightly bigger than the pill. 

"HAHAHA! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THOSE BEAUTS BLOW UP SOME TALON AGENTS!" Junkrat said, unable to control his excitement.

"And what of the shield and sword?" Reinhardt asked.

"Got to have something to blutter your enemies. As for the sword." Demoman said, pulling out the sword. But before he could continue, the Eyelander decided to make itself known.

'ABOUT TIME! YOU KNOW I HATE GOING IN THE SCABBARD!'  Eyelanderfuriously shouted, surprising the Overwatch members.

"Did-did the espada just speak?" Sombra asked, shocked. 

"Yup. This is the Eyelander. It contains the soul of a dead knight." Demo explained.

"Hey, new people. Can we take their heads?" Eyelander excitedly asked, causing the others to pale. 

"How many times have I told you, Eyelander? We only take the heads of our enemies. They are not our enemies." Demo chided his sword as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

'OH, COME ON, TAVISH! I doubt anyone would notice their absence or-WAIT! DON'T PUT ME-'  Eyelander began before shouting when it noticed that Demo was putting it back into the scabbard.

"Um." Mercy said, not sure what to say.

"Don't worry about Eyelander. He's more talk than cutting someone's head off. And he needs help doing it." Demo assured while ignoring the muffled screaming of the Eyelander as the Orca landed nearby.

"Well. Okay. Uh, anything you need before we leave?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Nah. I got everything I need along with a few bottles of scrumpy." Demoman answered.

"Just try to keep your drinking to a minimum or out of view of some of our younger members. The last thing we need is for them to become alcoholics." Reaper said.

"Alright."

"Come on, loves. We're burning daylight." Tracer shouted, slightly upset that Scout won the race this time.

"Let's go pick up our crazed Soldier." Scout shouted.

"Alright. Keep your pants on, ya twitchy hooligan." Sniper said as everyone boarded the Orca. Once on, they took their seats and buckled in while Tracer blinked to the cockpit. 

"So, Demoman." Reinhardt said as the Ocra ascended and began flying toward America.

"First, call me Tavish. No need for any of that fancy formalities. But call me Demo when out in battle." Demo said before taking a sip of his scrumpy. "Second, aye?"

"Where and when did you get your sword?"

"Eyelander. I got him during the early years of working for RED Team. I found him while scavenging through some weapons I found."

"Why does your sword want heads?" Sombra asked.

"Beats me. Possibly because of how the soul of a dead knight is in it and how it might have taken heads as trophies." 

"Wait. Was your sword the one who kept asking about churros?" Roadhog asked.

"Aye. Not sure how, but Eyelander can get drunk and eat churros like the rest of us."

"Does he need to breathe?" Mercy asked.

"Nah. He just doesn't like being in the scabbard. I would let him out, but I'm still punishing him for something he did a while back."

'IT WASN'T MY FAULT! SOMEONE NAMED TUCKER DID IT!'  The Eyelander shouted, but it was hard to understand since the scabbard muffled its voice. 

"Do you think you can teach some of us how to fight with a sword?" Baptiste asked.

"Sure." 

"And how about a fight later on? My hammer and shield against your sword and shield." Reinhardt challenged, earning a laugh from Demo. 

"You're on." 

"Enough about boring old swords and shields." Junkrat said, barely able to contain himself.

'HEY! I'M DEAD, NOT DEAF! I WILL CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF FOR SAYING THAT!'  Eyelander shouted.

"How long has Tavish been a demolitions expert?" Zarya asked.

"Demoman comes from a long line of Demolition experts." Medic answered.

"Being a Demoman is almost, how you say, in his blood." Heavy added.

"But the drinking is all him." Sniper said.

"Is that how he lost his eye?" Reaper asked.

"Uh. No. He lost it when someone threw a book at him." Scout lied.

"The book's corner hit Demo right in the eye, permanently damaging it. His parents at the time took him to a doctor where they removed it." Spy added to further cement the cover story.

"But that was back then. Technology in the Medical field has vastly improved. Perhaps I could give you your eye back, Tavish." Mercy offered with a gentle smile. However, the smile turned to shock and confusion by the Mercenaries' reactions.

"NO!" They shouted.

"I mean. I thank ye, lassie. But I'm fine the way I am with only one eye. Plus, it reminds me of my parents and what my mother once told me." Demoman lied. Truthfully, they did not want to fight another version of MONOCULUS again. 

"How so?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Demo's mother once said that no Demoman worth their sulfur had eyes in their head past thirty." Medic answered.

"Why would she say or think that?" Zarya asked.

"As I said earlier, Demo comes from a long line of Demolitions experts. As such, they have weird outlooks on their job, how it's supposed to be done, and what condition they should be in by a certain age." Heavy explained.

"There was even a tradition my family followed where they abandoned their kids at an orphanage until they developed their bomb-making skills. Afterward, they come and pick up their kids. And before any of you ask, they did agree that it was a stupid and unnecessary tradition." Demo added.

"Wow." The Overwatch members said.

"Aye." 

Three Hours Later

'Okay, loves. We're...here. I think.'  Tracer said over the intercoms as the Orca landed near a castle that appeared to be in ruins. 

"Does your Soldier actually live here?" Mercy asked, worried at the possibility of disease as she watched hundreds of raccoons run out and into the castle.

"Yes and no. Soldier is the owner of this place, which the city converted a long time ago into a raccoon sanctuary. Soldier visits very often to the point one might think he lives here." Spy answered as the Orca's door opened.

"Did your Soldier fight in any wars?" Roadhog asked.

"Uh, you could say that." Sniper answered. In reality, none of the Mercs knew if Soldier fought in the war or not. All they had to go by was Soldier's stories of how he fought in Europe until he learned of the war's end in 1949, four years after its official end. 

"Which one?" Soldier 76 asked.

"World War 2." Heavy answered as they reached the castle's door.

"So, how are we going to do this? Send Scout into the castle and give Soldier an impromptu wake-up call." Sombra asked.

"Nah. I got this." Demo said before activating the intercom. "Soldier. You there."

'What? Who said that? Did you say something, lieutenant bites?'

"Uh, Liuetantn Bites?" Baptiste asked, confused.

"Soldier's pet raccoon." Scout answered. "Soldier named it that after he discovered it biting his ammunition pouch."

"And he kept the filthy vermin as a pet for many years. Even after it died, he had stuffed and placed it on a stand." Spy added.

"I-is he alright in the head?" Soldier 76 asked, causing the Mercs to shift uncomfortably. 

"Yes and no." Scout answered.

"Try again, Demo." Heavy said.

"Soldier. It's us. Your fellow Mercs." Demo said into the mic.

'What?! Demoman. Is that you, you Scotch Son of a Bitch?'

"AYE!"

"Language!" Mercy chided, earning the Mercs' laughter. 

'Are the other's here with you?'

"That's right, ya ploddin' potato head! We're all here." Sniper answered.

"Well, most of us." Spy added.

'Cruton. You're here too.'

"Oui."

'Why are you all here? This is private property. Lieutenant Bites and I were about to go out on our weekly stroll.' 

"Solider." Demo said.

'What?'

"We got a mission. And we're getting the team back together. Care to join us?"

'A mission, you say, son. What is it, and who are we fighting?'

"We're fighting Talon. They got their hands on some Australium. We need to take it back from them and blow them up should they try to fight us." 

'Talon, you say. They could always use a proper American ass-kicking. But who else is joining us?'

"Ever heard of Overwatch?"

'Overwatch? I thought they went under for being cowards when the politicians decided to be themselves again.'

"Well, that's certainly one way to put it." Reinhardt said, sounding offended. 

"Aye. But now they are back and helping us stop Talon from getting their hands on some Australium and recruiting others." Demo said.

'Good to see they finally grew some spines.'

"So, what do you say, Solly? Care to join us?"

'You making fun of me, you cyclops? Of course, I'll join you. You guys could always use some good-old American firepower. SCREAMING EAGLES!'

"That was something." Tracer said, with the others agreeing.

"It was. But you all might want to take step back now. For safety." Heavy warned.

"Why?" Sombra asked, yet doing so anyway.

"Soldier has a special way of getting around." Sniper answered.

"SCREAMING EAGLES!" A voice shouted from high above the castle. Looking toward it, they saw what appeared to be a figure sailing through the sky with explosions happening under their feet.

"What's he doing?" Soldier76 asked.

"That's called rocket-jumping. Soldier uses the explosive knockback from his rockets to propel himself into the air toward where he wants." Medic explained.

"And it has helped me kick my enemies and the enemies of America time and time again!" Soldier shouted as he landed in the center of the group with a thud. "Soldier reporting for duty."

"Good to see you, Soldier." Demo said.

"Good to see you, cyclops." Soldier said as they shook hands. 

"Looks like the team is almost complete." Scout said. 

"You bet you ass, city kid." 

"You're Soldier, right?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Yes. A proud American Soldier." Soldier said before saluting. 

"What's your name?" Reaper asked.

"Jane Doe. But call me Soldier." 

"Jane Doe? Isn't that the title a female uses in court when they want to remain anonymous?" Zarya asked her uncle.

"да."

"So, why does Soldier have that name?"

"No one knows Soldier's actual name. He gave himself that name."

"But that's for women. Shouldn't he have chosen John Doe as that's the male equivalent?"

"Soldier is not so smart. And that's, how you say, is putting it lightly." Heavy explained.

"Did he suffer a head injury?" Mercy asked, moving closer to them.

"Nien. Soldier wasn't that smart, to begin with, and he was already somewhat insane. And years of drinking lead-filled water didn't help." Medic answered. "Now he's borderline functioning and a deranged lunatic."

"Great. A winning combination." Sombra sarcastically said while rolling her eyes.

"I know, right? Even better for America." Soldier agreed, not knowing it was an insult.

"So, are you willing to join Overwatch and stop Talon? Your friends already joined." Soldier 76 asked.

"Son, of course, I'll join. My launcher and I will serve you well." Soldier said before twirling his rocket launcher a few times before setting it next to him and saluting.

"That's a rocket launcher?" Reinhardt nervously asked.

"Seems like a hunk of junk you threw together." Sombra said.

"It is. I call it the Beggar's Bazooka. I made it from pipes, mismatched handles, and a filter held together with bolts, electrical tape, and various straps and belts." Soldier answered, proud of his work. 

"I'm not too sure about this one." Reaper whispered to Soldier 76.

"Me neither. But the other said they could keep him in line, and they do know about the Australium Talon is using. They could be what we need to stop Talon permanently." 

"Right. But I still don't like it. Plus, there is the  other  person they keep talking about when they think we are not listening. And for whatever reason, I feel a shiver going down my spine whenever they talk about that person."

"If that person can cause the Mercs to be on edge, we should prepare for the worst."

"So what now?" Soldier asked.

"We go pick up the rest of your teammates." Solider 76 answered.

"How many are left?" Mercy asked.

"Only two." Heavy answered.

"Who are they?" Tracer asked.

"They are the Pyro and Engineer." 

Notes:

I couldn't find an exact location where Soldier is from outside of 'Midwest, U.S.A.' So I just picked a state in the midwest at random and landed on Nebraska. Next up, Pyro and Engineer.

Chapter 7: Chapter 7

Notes:

So for the delay in updating

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Pyro and Engineer?" Roadhog asked, confused.

"Our last two members." Heavy answered. "Names are what they do."

"So, your engineer fixes things or is in charge of vehicles?" Mercy asked, curious.

"No. Our laborer is like your Engineer, Torbjorn. He can make Sentry Guns, teleporters, and dispensers. But that doesn't mean he can't fix or build other things." Spy answered.

"If Hana was here, I'm sure she would try to make it a competition between the two engineers." Reaper whispered to Soldier 76, who let out a small chuckle.

"I know the sentry guns and teleporters, but what do you mean by dispenser?" Zarya asked.

"A machine engineer builds that provides unlimited healing and resupplies our ammo." Heavy answered.

"But before anyone says anything about us healers." Medic began. "There are caveats to the dispensers. They are stationary, and while they can heal you, they are not as efficient as us healers. Plus, they can't provide any buffs like the Ubercharge." 

"Still. Another source of healing would alleviate the burden our healers feel while out in the field. And the additional ammo isn't bad either." Soldier 76 said.

"But what about this Pyro? Judging from the name, your coworker handles fire, but the question is how." Reaper said.

"Oh. Mumbles uses a homemade flamethrower and some flares." Scout answered.

"A homemade flamethrower. This can't end well." Roadhog said, worried. 

"Yeah." Sombra agreed before turning to Baptiste. "Tell me you brought some equipment to treat the burns we're no doubt going to get."

"Yes. I have everything I need to handle third-degree burns." Baptiste answered.

"Uh. Snipes." Scout whispered.

"Yeah, ya hooligan?" Sniper asked.

"What burn degree would Pyro's phlog be?"

"I think maybe twelfth degree. Maybe more if it activated the special feature."

"And with the scorch shot, it can get it in no time." 

"And clear out any trap one might set." Demoman added before taking a sip of his drink.

"But it's still not half as annoying as Engie's short circuit." Soldier added, earning a nod from Demo.

"Baptiste. How much do you have? I have a feeling we might need a lot." Reaper asked, discreetly eyeing the Mercs.

"Enough to treat all of us. And our other forms of healing should be enough to cover any additional burns or injuries." Baptiste answered.

"What are you thinking, Soldier 76?" Reinhardt asked when he noticed the commander rubbing his chin, deep in thought.

"While we have the means to treat the burns, we don't have anything that could stop a major fire from happening." Soldier 76 answered.

"Perhaps we can have Mei come to help." Mercy suggested.

"Don't fret, Frauline. While ze Pyro is a mumbling maniac, it knows what it's doing. So there is little chance of it causing a wildfire to break out." Medic assured.

"If it's all the same to you, we would like to bring another member here as a just-in-case precaution." Reaper said.

"Very well." Spy said.

"Who are you blokes gonna call?" Sniper asked.

"Our resident climatologist, Mei-Ling Zhou. She has the necessary equipment to put out fires." Soldier 76 answered.

"If you insist. But where should we meet? Here or with our coworkers?" Heavy asked.

"I think at your coworker's place. It would be faster and more efficient." Reaper answered.

"Very well."

"Where is your coworker's place? I need to know the name so that I can send it to Mei." Tracer asked.

"The laborer and Pyro live on a farm in Bee Cave, Texas. The farm is next to Little Barton Creek and southeast of Foxfield Cove." Spy answered.

"Alright." Tracer said as she sent the coordinates to Mei. "So, should we head there now or wait a bit?"

"We should head there now. If we arrive before the one you called, we can catch her up to speed." Medic answered.

"Okay. Be back in a sec with the Orca." Tracer said before turning to Scout and nodding. Scout nodded back before the two raced back to the ship.

"While they get the ship, is there anything we need to know about your last two coworkers?" Mercy asked.

"As in warnings, only for ze Pyro." Medic answered.

"Because of its homemade flamethrower?" Reinhardt asked. The Mercs looked at each other before Heavy and Spy stepped forward.

"Let's just say this. I fear no man. But that  THING,  it scares me." Heavy said with his face becoming one of sheer terror.

"Moreover, one shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask... what dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty?" Spy added.

"Are you sure we should pick them up, uncle?" Zarya asked, now worried for everyone, even Sombra. For all her life, Zarya thought of her uncle as fearless and with good reason. She had seen him, with her own eyes, defeat several deadly Omnics with his bare hands and come out relatively unscathed and unfazed. So to see him terrified like this unnerved her.

"Yes." Heavy answered.

"Are you sure? We don't have to pick them up if none of you feel comfortable." Mercy said, equally as worried.

"Don't worry, lass. Yes, we're somewhat scared of that mumbling demon. But it knows where to point its flamethrower and who to turn to ash. And Pyro will most likely leave you alone unless you provoke it. Plus, the Engineer can usually keep it calm." Demoman assured. 

"Are you sure?" Mercy asked, still not convinced.

"Aye."

"Alright."

"But why do you keep calling the Pyro 'it'?" Baptiste asked, curious.

"Ah. That's because we don't know if the arsonist is male or female. Heck, we're not sure if it is even a person." Sniper answered.

"For all we know, ze Pyro could be a machine, alien, or some kind of abomination." Medic added.

"Or even worse. A hippy in need of a haircut." Soldier added, greatly confusing the Overwatch members.

"Ignore him." Sniper said. "Look. All you blokes need to know is that Pyro won't harm you unless you provoke it. Other than that, Pyro is harmless for the most part." 

"Fine." Reaper said before turning to Sombra. "Send a message to Winston. Tell him to order some more fire extinguishers and medical equipment to handle burns. Also, tell him to have the others set up the remaining fire extinguishers." 

"On it." Sombra said as she did so.

"Oh. Before we forget. Two things." Heavy said, getting the Overwatch members' attention.

"What is it?" Reinhardt asked.

"Two things. One. Engineer would most likely have sentries guarding his home. Don't touch them or mess with them. They will fire, and you will not survive."

"How do we make sure that doesn't happen outside of turning them to scrap?" Roadhog asked.

"And what's stopping them from firing at us once we are in range?" Baptiste asked.

"Team colours. Our uniform will stop them from firing. Stay close, and you will be fine." Heavy answered.

"Or I could just hack them like I do with Torbjorn's turrets." Sombra said, causing Spy to wince internally and begin to sweat. Luckily, his mask hid his sweat. 

"Ah. Unless you want to become a campfire for the menace to use to roast marshmallows, I suggest you don't do that." Spy said, fixing his tie as the memories of Pyro burning him alive came to his mind.

"And don't even think that you could escape by turning invisible. It took me just a few seconds to find you. Pyro will know where you are instantly and will not stop until it sets you ablaze." Sniper added before Sombra could make a remark.

"Aside from setting blokes ablaze, does this Pyro have any other abilities?" Junkrat asked, curious.

"Yes. Its flamethrower has what we call a compression blast. Pyro uses it to deflect projectiles back at sender." Heavy answered.

"So, like Genji does with his sword." Mercy said.

"Yes and no. Genji can deflect anything that comes his way. Pyro can only deflect projectiles. But its compression blast can push others away or into the air." Medic corrected as the Orca landed next to them.

"OR SEND SOME OFF A CLIFF!" Scout shouted, remembering all the times the Pyro air blasted him off a cliff or hazard like the buzzsaws. 

"Come on, loves. We're burning daylight. And Mei replied. She's on her way there now." Tracer shouted from the cockpit.

"Alright. We're coming." Sniper said as everyone boarded the Orca. Everyone except Soldier.

"You coming, Solly?" Demo asked.

"In a second, Demoman." Soldier said before turning to the raccoons that gathered in front of him. "Alright, soldiers. Now, I will be heading out to protect this land of liberty and kick some Talon ass. Be good soldiers and protect this sanctuary until I return." 

"That's... got to hurt." Reinhardt said with a wince when all twenty raccoons jumped and bit Soldier.

"Uh, uncle, is he going to be okay?" Zarya asked.

"Yes. Soldier has been through worse." Heavy answered, remembering all the pain Soldier endured from the Blu Team, Gray Mann's robots, TFC Mercs, and occasionally him. 

"Is he vaccinated against rabies?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Uh. That's tough to say." Medic answered, remembering how he used his underwear to soak any blood he found on the ground and pour it back into the Mercs. And as he told Miss Pauling once she woke up, the blood types were the least of their worries. "But I believe so." 

"Lena." Mercy shouted so Tracer could hear her.

"Yeah, doc?" Tracer asked.

"Remind me to give the Mercs some vaccine shots once we return."

"Okay, doc."

"Good display of bravery, fellow patriots. I shall return soon." Soldier said as he pulled off the raccoons before jumping into the Orca. Once on board and in his seat, the doors closed with the Orca taking off toward Texas. 

Ninety Minutes Later

'Okay, loves. We should be there in about ten minutes.'  Tracer said over the comms. 

"Okay. We went over the Pyro while at Soldier's castle. And we know what not to do. But what can you tell us about your Engineer." Reaper asked.

"The laborer is a soft-spoken Texan with an interest in all things mechanical." Spy answered.

"But don't let that fool ya. Engie will rip you in half if you get on his bad side." Demoman warned. 

"So, friendly but will tear you apart if you piss him off." Roadhog said.

"More or less." Heavy answered.

"Would he send Pyro after someone that angers him?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Only if someone  REALLY  crosses a line." Medic answered.

"Anything else?" Mercy asked.

"Not really. That Hard Hat is the most normal out of all of us. Well, except for the fact that he befriended mumbles pretty easily and has eleven hard PhDs to his name." Scout answered, causing the Overwatch members to become shocked.

"ELEVEN PHDS!" They shouted, shocked.

"Yeah. Hard Hat is pretty smart."

"How did you Engineer earn eleven PhDs?" Baptiste asked. "Especially since most require four to six years of studying."

"Wait. Didn't Heavy say he and the others were over a hundred years old?" Sombra asked.

"Yeah. One hundred years would be plenty of time to earn eleven PhDs." Reinhardt said.

"Uh. No. That is, how you say, not correct." Heavy said. 

"How so, uncle?" Zarya asked.

"Engineer earned PhDs before becoming mercenary for Redmond Mann." 

"And since we left, I'm pretty sure that ya cactus-eatin' egghead earned himself a few more." Sniper added.

"Talk about dedication to one's education." Roadhog said, impressed that someone could commit that much to something.

"Yeah. But aside from that, you don't have to worry about the Engineer." Scout said as the Orca landed.

"Alright, loves. We're here." Tracer said as she blinked into the room.

"And it seems that Mei is here too." Mercy said as another smaller Orca landed nearby.

"How much do you want to bet Pyro and the snow chick becomes rivals?" Scout whispered to his fellow Mercs as Mei exited the Orca.

"Count me in, runt." Sniper answered.

"And us as well." Medic said as everyone agreed to the bet. Once they agreed on an amount, the Mercs exited the Orca with the Overwatch members.

"Hi, everyone." Mei greeted with Snowball floating next to her.

"Hi, Mei." Zarya said, smiling.

"Glad you could make it on such short notice." Soldier 76 said.

"Of course, commander." Mei said. "But Tracer's message didn't say why you all needed me. Or why you had Winston order a fresh shipment of burn equipment."

"One of the Mercenaries' coworkers is an arsonist and uses a homemade flamethrower and flares. They assured us it wouldn't cause any trouble or set any of us on fire. But better to be safe than sorry." Reaper answered.

"Makes sense. Luckily, I gave Snowball here an upgrade recently." Mei said before patting Snowball's head.

"Let's get going then." Soldier 76 said before turning to the Mercs. "Lead the way."

"Remember. Stay close lest you want to be blown to smithereens." Demoman reminded.

Nodding, the Overwatch members followed the Mercs onto the farm and through the field. Initially, the Overwatch members thought that the Engineer's farm would be arable or pastoral. However, while they did spot some animals and wheat crops in the distance, they primarily saw mountains of scrap and discarded inventions scattered on the fields. And it slightly unnerved them how many piles that saw. There were so many they began to think that the Mercs' coworker had an obsession with building or inventing things. And the shadows they cast didn't help the Overwatch members' nerves.

"Woah. Did a battle happen here?" Mei asked, pointing to the areas of scorched land and burning items.

"Hopefully not. But if so, hopefully, your coworkers weren't badly injured." Mercy said, worried.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist. The Engineer and Pyro were probably just doing some target practice or testing out a new invention." Sniper said.

"And besides, those two are much tougher than you might expect." Scout added.

"I doubt they were testing something. It seems like-" Reinhardt began but stopped when Sombra interrupted him.

"Did you hear that?" She asked, looking around while taking out her gun.

"Yeah." Soldier 76 said as he raised his rifle. But no sooner than he did, two sentry guns rose from the piles of scrap and aimed their barrels at the group. And if it weren't for the fact the sentries could gun them down at any moment, they would have been impressed by their design. 

"Like we said, don't raise your guns." Sniper said, eyeing the sentries. 

"Right." Soldier 76 said, lowering his rifle. However, the sentries did not disappear. They stayed focused on the group as they continued forward.

"Where do you think your coworkers are, uncle?" Zarya asked, her fingers twitching as she readied herself to defend the others with her shields. 

"Possibly in house or out in the field behind the house." Heavy answered as the sounds of rustling and a pipe clanking alerted them.

"WHO'S THERE!? SHOW YOURSELF!" Soldier 76 shouted, doing his best not to raise his rifle.

"Something is not right." Reinhardt said while looking around, all the while ready to activate his shield.

"I feel like something is stalking us." Mei nervously said. 

"I think we should form a circle." Baptiste said, sweat rolling down his face. 

"Yeah. So nothing could ambush us." Mercy agreed.

"Please. Everyone. Remain calm. Nothing bad is going to happen as long as you follow us and keep your weapons lowered." Spy said, slightly annoyed. 

"Maybe we should scout out ahead. Just to make sure everything is alright and no one is planning an ambush." Tracer suggested as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. One might think it was caused by the feeling of something watching them, but rather, it was from the sudden increase in temperature.

"Is it me, or did it suddenly get unusually hot?" Junkrat asked, wiping some sweat from his forehead. 

"Yeah. I'm melting in this suit." Reinhardt said with a groan of discomfort.

"Reminds me of Australia." Roadhog said. 

*CLANK*

"What was that?" Baptiste asked, turning around.

"I'm not sure." Mercy said, eyes darting back and forth.

"It seems like someone found us." Spy said in a grim tone. However, had any of the others been paying attention, they would have noticed the smirk on his face. And he wasn't the only one. While the heat seemed unnatural for the Overwatch members, it was instead familiar for the Mercs. After all, they spent many years with the thing that was responsible for it. 

"Perhaps Tracer should scout out ahead while I turn invisible and try to find any other traps." Sombra said as she stepped back from where the sound came from seconds ago. 

"Yeah." Tracer agreed after swallowing the lump in her throat. 

"I'll see everyone in a--OOF!" Sombra began before stopping when she bumped into something. Turning around, she nearly let out a gasp when she saw an imposing figure wearing an asbestos-lined suit and mask. And when it looked down at her with a noticeable rasping wheeze coming from the mask, Sombra nearly fainted. Even though she had fought far more intimidating foes in the past, something about this figure emanated death, destruction, and fear. "Um. Hola." 

"Mrghfrr!"  The figure said while waving at Sombra. 

"Is that your friend?" Mercy asked the Mercs.

"Indeed." Spy answered. 

"PYRO!" Heavy shouted, smiling, getting the pyromaniac's attention.

"MMMRPGH CRPYHA DRGHYA!"  Pyro shouted before pushing Sombra to the side and running up to its former coworkers. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Good to see you, mumbles." Scout said. 

"Hudda hudda crpyha drghya?"  Pyro asked, pointing to the Mercs and the Overwatch members.

"Uh. What did it say?" Reaper asked, confused as he helped Sombra to her feet.

"We call it Pyronese. It's Pyro's way of speaking." Medic explained.

"And Pyro basically just asked us why we are here and why we brought Overwatch along." Demoman added.

"And. You understand it?" Baptiste asked.

"It took us a bloody while to understand anything the arsonist was saying. But yeah, we understand it." Sniper answered.

"Anyway. Pyro. Where is Engineer? We'll explain everything once together, so we don't have to repeat." Heavy asked.

"Mmmphya harrgh mrgha hrghgph!"  Pyro answered.

"Uh. Junkrat. Can you understand it?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Eh. I could make out a word or two. But that's it. And I'm not even sure if they are correct." Junkrat answered.

"What did Pyro say?" Reinhardt asked the Mercs.

"Pyro said that the Engineer is out behind the house working on a new invention." Medic answered.

"Lead the way then." Reaper said to Pyro. It nodded before turning around and motioning for them to follow. 

"So that's the one that uses flares and a homemade flamethrower?" Mei asked the Mercs.

"Yes." They answered.

"But like we told the others, you don't have to worry about mumbles. It's harmless unless you provoke it." Scout added.

"I still don't like that it uses a flamethrower. It's harming the environment. Our world is worth protecting." Mei said, annoyed.

"That's debatable." Sniper said, recalling some of the blokes he had to kill. But he couldn't dwell on those thoughts for long as they reached the field behind the house and saw Engineer working on what looked like an artillery weapon of some kind. 

"Murr hurr mphuphurrur, hurr mph phrr."  Pyro shouted as they approached the Engineer. 

"Pyro. Are you okay? I heard some of my sentries activate-" Engineer began as he stood up and turned around. But once he did, his worry turned to that of shock, surprise, and delight. "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. It's my old team together again. And the Overwatch group. And here I thought I would see pigs fly before both groups are in the same spot." 

"Greetings, Laborer." Spy said, smiling.

"Hey there, Hard Hat." Scout added.

"Good to see you too, Snake and String Bean." Engineer said, chuckling.

"So you're the Engineer that worked alongside my uncle while working for someone named Redmond Mann." Zarya said.

"Yup. That's me. The Engineer. At your service." Engineer said while tipping his hard hat before turning to Heavy. "I didn't know you had a niece, Heavy."

"It's long story. Another time I tell." Heavy said.

"I'll be waiting. But what brings everyone here?" Engineer asked, curious. He always enjoyed seeing and talking with his coworkers. But he was wondering what brought them to his farm with the Overwatch members in tow.

"We came to get the team together." Sniper answered.

"For?"

"Talon got its hands on some Australium. They're using the bloody thing to power some of their weapons. We're getting the team together to stop them." Demoman answered.

"But not only that. Those Talon blokes might hire some  special help . And that help is the TFC Medic and TFC Engineer." Sniper added with the Engineer catching the hidden meaning. 

"Well. That just won't do. Best we stop them before that could happen." Engineer said. "But why's Overwatch here?"

"That's another long story. But to put it simply, after Heavy saved them, they discovered the Australium. Now, we're getting everyone together to stop Talon. Overwatch is helping, and we've agreed to join them." Medic answered.

"Least for time being. We'll see what happens after." Heavy added.

"So. Are you and your friend willing to join us and defeat not only Talon but the others they might recruit?" Soldier 76 asked.

"Of course, Pyro and I will join you." Engineer answered.

"Looks like the entire team is back together." Scout said with the Mercs cheering.

"Do you need anything before we leave?" Reaper asked.

"Yeah. Just give me a few moments to rustle up a few things, and then we can leave." Engineer answered.

"Alright. Meet us out front of your farm when you're both done." Soldier 76 said.

"Alrighty then. Come on, Pyro." Engineer said before motioning for Pyro to follow him.

"Mmph mphna mprh."  Pyro shouted before running after the Engineer. 

"Those two seem close." Mei said.

"Yeah. You could say that about them." Scout said.

"Are they related in some way?" Mercy asked, curious.

"In a sense, you could say that." Heavy answered.

"How so?" Tracer asked.

"That grease monkey sees Smokey Joe as a child or younger sibling." Soldier answered, surprising the Overwatch members. 

"¿De verdad?" Sombra asked, surprised. "¿Cómo ha ocurrido eso?"

"We don't really know. It just happened." Demoman answered. 

"Well, as long as your Engineer can keep the Pyro in line, we won't have any problems." Reaper said. 

"He will. Don't worry about that." Sniper assured.

"Good. Now. Let's head back to the Orca and wait for them." Soldier 76 said. Nodding, everyone made their way back to the Orca to wait for the Pyro and Engineer.

Ten Minutes Later

"Do you have everything?" Reaper asked as Pyro and Engineer approached the Orca.

"Yup. Got everything right here." Engineer answered as he lifted three duffle bags.

"Alright. Let's head back to base, then. Once you're all settled, we can go over our next course of action." Soldier 76 said as the Orcas slowly ascended into the air.

"Man. I can not begin to describe how great it is to be with my fellow mercs again." Engineer said as he and Pyro sat down next to Heavy.

"Oohthuhhumph!"  Pyro agreed.

"We missed you too, Hard Hat." Scout said with a chuckle. "Speaking of which, what were you inventing back there?"

"An artillery sentry. Got to find some way to keep up the pressure when others are out of range." Engineer answered.

"Can't wait to see it in action." Sniper said.

"Which might be soon." Mercy said, sounding worried.

"What do you mean?" Medic asked.

"I just received a message from Winston. Talon is attacking Lakeway, TX." 

"Hmm. No doubt in an effort to draw us out." Spy said.

"He's right. They must know that we finished gathering my uncle's team." Zarya said.

"Which means this could be a trap." Baptiste added.

"A trap it might be, but we can't turn our backs as Talon is killing innocent civilians." Reinhardt said.

"He's right. We have to stop them." Soldier 76 said.

"Stop them from attacking Americans." Soldier added.

"Right." Reaper said before turning around. "TRACER!"

"Yeah, Reaper?" Tracer asked.

"Change of course. We're heading to Lakeway, TX. Talon is attending there." 

"Alright. Hang on, loves. We should be there in a few minutes." Tracer said as the Orca suddenly changed directions.

"Which should give us some time to prepare." Heavy said.

"AYE!" Demoman agreed as he pulled out his Eyelander.

'WAIT! ARE WE GOING INTO BATTLE AGAIN? TO COLLECT HEADS?'  Eyelander asked, excited. 

"We sure are, ya poor excuse for a sword." Engineer answered.

'THE ENGINEER! I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES! THE ENTIRE CREW IS BACK TOGETHER!'

"I still have  sssssoooo  many preguntas about that sword." Sombra whispered to the Overwatch members.

"Not just the sword but all of the Mercs." Reinhardt said, with the others agreeing. Even Zarya had to admit her uncle's coworkers were weird. 

Five Minutes Later

"Okay, everyone. Get ready for a bit of a bumpy landing."  Tracer said over the comms. 

"Heh. Remember the times Redmond had us fly in those rust buckets they called planes?" Sniper asked.

"It is a compliment even to consider those death traps as planes." Spy said as he took out his disguise kit to disguise as a Talon Operator. 

"Was it that bad, Uncle?" Zarya asked.

"Heavy will put it like this. Window on door. What would Overwatch do if it broke?"

"Patch it up or replace it."

"That's what's supposed to be done. Redmond had employees place wood planks to cover it up." 

"That's... beyond dangerous." Zarya said, shocked.

"It is. It's a wonder how we hardly ever died outside of fighting while working for Redmond and Mann. Co." Medic said as he overhealed everyone. 

"Alright. We're here. Everyone. Get ready." Soldier 76 said as he loaded a fresh clip into his rifle.

"LET'S DO IT!" Demoman shouted, with the other Mercs letting out their own battle cries. 

"This will be a mess. At least I won't be alone." Mercy muttered, thankful she had the Medic and Baptiste to help her heal the others. 

"Do we know where Talon is attacking exactly?" Soldier asked.

"Talon is attacking off the shore of the Colorado River." Soldier 76 answered. 

"Wait. I just realized something." Scout said, getting everyone's attention.

"What is it, pipsqueak?" Demo asked.

"How did Talon find us so quickly? We just picked up Engineer and Pyro. How would they know where we are and have the time to send out an attack?"

"That's a good question." Junkrat said.

"Seems like somebody tipped them off." Roadhog said.

"Or perhaps someone else from your past pulled some strings. Like the one, you all keep talking about when you think we're not listening." Reaper said, causing the Mercs to look at each other. They knew they couldn't lie their way out of this. And as much as they would have liked to keep it a secret, they also knew it would be for the best if they informed the Overwatch members about the Administrator. After all, there is a very good reason why the Administrator managed to remain in the dark for so many years while pulling the strings on the Red vs. Blu wars. 

"Very well. There is another person that we fear might be pulling the strings. And she is very dangerous and cunning. She is-" Spy began but couldn't finish when the Orca suddenly shook violently before leaning dangerously to the left. 

"OI! What just happened?" Demo asked as everyone struggled to remain upright.

"We're hit, loves. Talon blew up our left rear engine, and the front right one is now on flames. I'm going to have to put her down. BRACE YOURSELVES!"  Tracer answered over the comms. 

"Just like the good old times, right boys." Soldier said, laughing as the Orca plummeted to the ground. 

"You're right about that, Solly." Demoman agreed.

"YOU ALL ARE INSANE!" Sombra shouted, holding onto a chair to keep herself upright. But this only caused all the Mercs to laugh.

*BOOM*

"Uh. Alright. Who's not dead? Sound off." Soldier 76 said with a groan.

"We're fine, Jack." Mercy groaned. 

"For the most part." Reinhardt added.

"Tracer. What about you?" Reaper asked.

"A bit shook but otherwise fine, love." Tracer answered as she stumbled out of the cockpit.

'Is everyone alright?'  Mei asked over the comms.

"We're fine, Mei. How about you?" Zarya answered.

'I'm fine. I managed to evade Talon's attack. I have to circle around to find a safer landing zone. I'll rejoin you all as soon as I can.'  Mei answered before cutting off comms. 

"Well, boys. We're on the ground now. Time to give Talon a good old American ass kicking." Soldier shouted.

"And make them regret ever invading Texas." Engineer said as he removed his glove to reveal his gunslinger while Pyro pulled out its flamethrower. 

"Wait. Before you go running off to your deaths, we need to come up with a plan." Baptiste said.

"Plus, the door is jammed. Give me a few minutes, and I can get it off." Junkrat said with a cackle. 

"Son. We have a plan. A plan that always worked before." Soldier said.

"Which is?" Roadhog asked, already knowing the answer.

"We attack." Demoman answered.

"Indeed. Mikhail. The door, if you please." Spy said, nodding to Heavy, who nodded back.

"What are you going to do, uncle?" Zarya asked, curious.

"Stand aside, little bear." Heavy said, moving her to the side before getting into a charging stance. Heavy then yelled at the top of his lungs before charging at the door. The force behind it was enough to bring it down and off the hinges. 

"Well. That's one way to exit the Orca." Sombra said, shocked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll fix it later." Engineer said as everyone exited the Orca. 

"Now we just have to deal with these scoundrels." Sniper said as they saw numerous Talon Troopers, Snipers, Heavy Assault Units, Assassins, and Enforcers. 

"GET THEM!" A Talon commander shouted. 

"ATTACK!" Soldier shouted before loading his Beggar's Bazooka and firing three rockets. The Mercs then charged at the Talon hostiles while the Overwatch members supported them.

Heavy and Medic took the lead to draw Talon's attention. And like when they fought the Blu team, most of the Talon hostiles dropped like flies despite their advanced armor. A few managed to land a couple of hits, but they didn't faze Heavy as he was overhealed, and Medic was continuously healing him. 

"RUN, COWARDS!" Heavy shouted as he gunned down two Talon Assassins and a Heavy Assault Unit. 

"MEDIC! I COULD USE SOME HEALING!" Tracer shouted as she blinked into cover.

"Hold still, Fraulien." Medic shouted as he shot a Crusader's Crossbow syringe at her. "Haha. Another successful procedure."

"QUICK! FIRE THE MISSILES!" The Talon Commander ordered. At this, six Talon Enforcers and two armored trucks arrived. The Enforcers then got onto the back and fired a total of six missiles at Heavy and Medic.

"Hudda hudda huh!"  Pyro shouted as it moved in front of Heavy and Medic and air blasted the missiles back at the Talon hostiles. 

This action caught them off guard, that they were unable to react in time and get out of the vehicles. The result was them dying from the explosion. Furious, the commander picked up a nearby rocket launcher and fired its remaining missile at Pyro. But unlike the last time, instead of reflecting it back at Talon, Pyro used this rocket to do its own version of a rocket jump to close the distance. And once it landed, Pyro started burning all the nearby Talon hostiles with its flamethrower. 

"Ow dow how dow."  Pyro cheered as the last Talon Enforcer let out a final cry of pain before collapsing to the ground. 

"ARGH!" Two Talon Assassins growled as they charged at Pyro. Knowing what to do, Pyro took out its Detonator to perform a flare jump, with the resulting explosion causing the Talon Assassins to catch on fire. And as Pyro landed back on the ground, it used its Axtinguisher to kill the Talon Assassins. 

"Oh, fuck this. I'm out of here." The Talon Commander said, seeing the Mercenaries cutting through his forces like butter. He then turned around and started running away with a few others following him. However, as soon as they turned the corner, they came face-to-face with the Engineer and two level three sentries. 

"Nope." Engineer said as his sentries tore the Talon hostiles to a bloody pulp. "Another satisfied customer!"

"I think Torbjorn is going to have a heart attack when he sees your sentries." Sombra said, amazed. 

"I doubt that. Honestly, if the stories are true, I think they will only encourage him to come up with new plans on how to upgrade his turrets." 

"So, what now? Are you going to stay here?"

"Nope. I'm going to do what the others nicknamed as Battle Engineer." Engineer said as he took out his destruction PDA and blew up his sentries. 

"By blowing up your sentries?" Sombra asked, confused.

"That's only part of it." Engineer said as he took pulled out his Frontier Justice shotgun. "Now. Let's do this Texas Style. Heeeeeeyaaah!"

"¿Por qué su arma brillaba de color rojo?" Sombra asked, more confused than she thought possible as the Engineer planted a mini sentry on the ground to cover his backside.

"Quick. Someone call command. Tell them we need more-OW!" A high-ranking Talon officer began before grunting in pain when something hit her head. And it was only because of her helmet that she did not pass out from the impact. 

"HA! EAT MY DUST!" Scout shouted as he bobbed and weaved through the hostiles while blasting away any that tried to get close. 

"GET-" The Talon Officer began but stopped when Spy snuck up behind her and plunged his knife into her back, killing her. And before the body could hit the floor, Spy caught it and moved it behind cover before disguising himself as the Talon Officer. 

"What were you saying, commander?" Another Talon hostile asked.

"To leave cover and fire at the one with the flamethrower." Spy answered.

"But. That-" The Talon soldier began, but Spy silenced him by slapping his face.

"Do it. Or you will all personally answer to Doomfist."

"Yes, mam." The Talon troops said before rushing out of cover. But as soon as they did, Spy went to work, killing all of them in seconds.

"Naturally." Spy said while fixing his tie before pulling out the Dead Ringer to escape when a few other Talon hostiles fired at him.

"MAGGOTS!" Soldier shouted as he and Demoman blew up more Talon Enforcers and Assassins.

"Kill 'em aall!" Demoman shouted as he blew up three Talon Enforcers with a sticky grenade before turning around and blowing up another two with his grenade launcher. "Just like old times, hey, Solly."

"You said it. Oh. Banner's ready." Soldier said, hearing the ding his banner makes when it's ready.

"What banner?" Reaper asked as he and Soldier 76 shot at any of the Talon hostiles that tried their luck.

"Something that will make dealing with Talon a whole lot easier." Demoman answered.

"And make them regret trying to attack us, Sons of Liberty." Soldier added before blowing his bugle with a flag rising from his backpack. "ATTACK!" 

"Wow. Talk about a power boost." Reinhardt said, shocked as he and Baptiste covered Mercy as she tended to any injured civilians. 

"I wonder how it is compared to Ana's nano boost." Baptiste wondered before taking out a Talon sniper. However, he couldn't dwell on the thought as the ground shook for a moment, which meant only one thing.

"Heavy Assault Units, coming up." Demoman said, pointing down the road where five Talon Heavy Assault Units had just landed.

"Watch out. Talon Snipers covering them." Roadhog warned. 

"I got them." Sniper said before taking them out with no problem.

"ARGH!" The Talon Heavy Assault Units growled before charging.

"MOVE!" Reaper shouted before Shadow Stepping away with Soldier 76 sprinting away.

"Unless you blokes want to be flat as a pancake, I suggest stepping away." Junkrat said.

"We got a better idea." Demoman said as he placed two sticky grenades at his feet while the Soldier loaded his Beggar's Bazooka.

"Let's go." Soldier said as he Rocket Jumped into the air while the Demoman sticky jumped. And once they were high enough, they unleashed everything they had left onto the Heavy Assault Units, who could do nothing but accept their fate as the explosives blew them up into bloody pieces. 

"AHAH! I FEEL ALIVE!" Demoman shouted as he and Soldier landed on the ground.

"Good work, everyone." Soldier said as everyone gathered.

"Well, that was something." Mercy said, trying not to wince at all the blood and guts.

"It sure was. The explosions were beautiful." Junkrat said.

"Were your battle always like this, uncle?" Zarya asked, curious.

"More or less. But with people that fought back." Heavy answered.

"Well. Now that the battle is over let's tend to the injured and then return to base." Soldier 76 said.

"Alrighty then." Engineer said as he set up a dispenser before everyone went to help any injured civilian. However, as they did so, they were unaware that they were being watched.

Talon Base

"Hmmm. They are more formidable than I previously thought." Doomfist said as he watched the feed of the Mercs battling his troops. 

"We would need to either catch them off guard or send an entire battalion against them if we hope to take them down." Moria said.

"Do you think you will be able to drain them like you did the others?"

"No. From what I learned from their conversations, their biology is too... weird or complex to drain. Most of their organs and blood are not their own but rather someone else, or it came from an animal." 

"And they would not be so easily deceived. They would instantly know when someone is trying to set them up, especially the one that calls himself the Spy." Doomfist said, thinking it over. "That leaves a massive assault as the only option." 

"That won't work either." Another voice answered. Turning around, Moira and Doomfist saw a man wearing a construction hat and had robotic legs.

"What do you mean, Mr. Conagher?" Doomfist asked.

"You all know the Omnic Wars, right?"

"Yes." Moira answered.

"Well. There was a robot war long before the Omnic Wars happened. We called them Mann Vs. Machine. It was the 2fort Mercenaries against Gray Mann's robot army."

"How many robots did Gray Mann have at his disposal, and what could they do?" Doomfist asked.

"More than Talon could ever hope to achieve before in its lifetime. Honestly, to get near the amount Gray Mann had, you would need to bankrupt several nations. As for what they could do, well, each one had a special function. But to keep it simple, Gray Mann's robot could do what the 2fort Mercs could do. And they managed to hold them to a standstill for months." 

"So what do you suggest we should do?" 

"I'm not sure. With the 2fort Mercenaries now a part of Overwatch, it's more complicated than ever."

"Then find a way to uncomplicate it." Doomfist growled.

"If it were that simple, you would not need us. But seeing as you're struggling against some people fighting in costumes, I'm not surprised." Another voice piped up as a figure stepped into the light.

"Oh. Hey, Medic." TFC Engineer said.

"Engineer." The TFC Medic said with a light nod.

"What do you suggest then?" Moria asked the TFC Medic.

"Nothing for now." TFC Medic answered, surprising Moria and Doomfist.

"What do you mean by nothing?" Doomfist asked through narrow eyes.

"The 2fort Mercenaries, for all their strength, are not the smartest. And besides, their goal is to stop us. But if we remain hidden and keep giving false clues, they will be on a pointless chase while we would be free to do what we want. Which includes getting our hands on more Australium."

"Wouldn't it be easier just to eliminate them?" Moria asked.

"I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall." TFC Medic said, annoyed. "Yes, it would be more efficient, but only if we had the firepower to do so. But we do not."

"Are you underestimating Talon's power?" Doomfist growled.

"I am, Akande Ogundimu." 

"Talon is not-" Doomfist began but stopped when the TFC Medic threw something at him. For a split second, Doomfist wondered what it was but couldn't dwell on it as he suddenly felt very weak and sick. So sick that he fell to his knees with his skin turning pale. "W-what. What did you do?"

"An infection to shut you up. I am now questioning how did Talon become such a powerhouse with a leader like yourself." TFC Medic answered.

"Moira. Help." Doomfist said, glaring at the TFC Medic.

"I wouldn't suggest that. Unless you want to relieve your position to Moria, then go ahead." TFC Medic said, confusing Moria and Doomfist.

"What do you mean?" Moria asked.

"The infection is killing Akande at the molecular level. Your healing can not fix that. Only I or the 2fort Medic can heal him at this point." The TFC Medic explained before taking out a different med-pack and using it to heal Doomfist. "There."

"What was the point of this?" Doomfist asked.

"To show you what happens when someone annoys me. Anyway. As I said, the best course of action now would be to divert all resources to confusing and misleading Overwatch and the 2fort Mercs." The TFC Medic answered before motioning for the TFC Engineer to follow him. 

"What will you be doing in the meantime?" Moira asked.

"Unbeknownst to you and the Overwatch organization, there is a third party involved in this battle. And she is far more deadly and cunning than either of you can imagine. If we are to win this battle, we must prepare for all possibilities of her interfering and ensure a way to eliminate her once the opportunity arises." The TFC Medic answered before leaving behind the confused Talon leaders, wondering what he meant and who he was talking about. 

Notes:

Again, sorry for the delay.